PDA

View Full Version : YSR's New Albums - Version 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

vasanth2006
16th September 2007, 02:33 PM
Belated wishes to yuvan for getting the TN BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR award for the year 2006...... :D

viraajan
16th September 2007, 02:34 PM
just watched Sathum Podathey in Inox.

Movie is just ok!! Doesnt deserve the hype dir vasanth created.

abt picturisation of songs:

Azhagu kutti - Good!! but song is not at al related with this movie!!!
Pesugiren - They did not show the full song. song has been shown in two parts!!
Oh indha kadhal - Beautiful location!!!
Kadhal periyadha, enhda kudhiraiyl - Can call it as Item Number!!! Too glamorous!!! Dont fit the screenplay!!!

BGM - as usual Yuvan Rocks!!

ezy0265
16th September 2007, 04:09 PM
Hi, Someone please tell where I can find clear version of Tamil MA songs. All the ones available so far are unclear streamed versions. I am stuck in Hong Kong till next week. Am desperate the hear the clear version before I could get hold of CD in Singapore.

Thanks

ezy0265
16th September 2007, 04:10 PM
Hi, Someone please tell where I can find clear version of Tamil MA songs. All the ones available so far are unclear streamed versions. I am stuck in Hong Kong till next week. Am desperate the hear the clear version before I could get hold of CD in Singapore.

Thanks

hariprasadb23
16th September 2007, 06:16 PM
i still didnt get the cd.
what to do i had to download frm net.
i love those songs.

i just cant say i love tht songs, i am just living with it.

yuvans interview in both fm were good.

hariprasadb23
16th September 2007, 06:18 PM
ilayaraja song is just haunting me

DON07
16th September 2007, 07:06 PM
ilayaraja song is just haunting me

Paravayin Kootil really is haunting wonderful voice of ilayaraja with yuvan's music. certainly the music is heavily inspired from IR's Enge Sellum Indha padhai but nevertheless rocks :D

vigneshram
17th September 2007, 07:47 AM
Hi people,
Get better version of Tamil MA songs at http://www.tamilmp3world.com/

Sanjeevi
17th September 2007, 11:44 AM
http://content.msn.co.in/Tamil/Entertainment/FilmPreview/0709-11-1.htm

kavin
17th September 2007, 04:22 PM
paravayin kootil reminds me of the msv song in kannathil muthamittal.

MrJudge
18th September 2007, 01:02 PM
Yesterday on Stars ungaludan programme, Vasanth answered a few Qs:

Favorite movie among all his movies - Saththam Podathey, because he didn't compromise on anything.

Favorite album- Keladi kanmani

MD like to work with - Yuvan

MrJudge
18th September 2007, 01:02 PM
Yesterday on Stars ungaludan programme, Vasanth answered a few Qs:

Favorite movie among all his movies - Saththam Podathey, because he didn't compromise on anything.

Favorite album- Keladi kanmani

MD like to work with - Yuvan

vigneshram
18th September 2007, 04:53 PM
Are the CDs available in stores?

NormalMan
19th September 2007, 09:35 AM
Tamil MA rocks ..... totally different sound from Yuvan.

MrJudge
19th September 2007, 06:11 PM
Yuvan is doing another remix (atho anthaip paravai polo) for Selva's AO :(

MrJudge
19th September 2007, 06:14 PM
Are the CDs available in stores?

Don't know, I think because they released KME only a few weeks back, they delay the release of Tamil MA.

K
19th September 2007, 08:46 PM
http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/sep/190907.asp

ada ponga pa

viraajan
19th September 2007, 09:06 PM
Yuvan is doing another remix (atho anthaip paravai polo) for Selva's AO :(

if it comes out like "andr vandhadhum" as in KME, i am ok with it :)

vigneshram
20th September 2007, 10:48 PM
Tamizh M.A. - Definitely a mesmerizing album from Yuvan

Listen to the "Paravaiye engu irukkiraai" online @
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/09/tamil-ma-mesmerising-album.html

Sanjeevi
21st September 2007, 01:42 PM
Tamil M.A vs Big Music :banghead:

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=363452&disdate=9/21/2007

matter becomes critical issue

http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/more-on-tamil-ma

vigneshram
21st September 2007, 04:04 PM

Sanjeevi,
Pls explain. Font problem :(

Sanjeevi
21st September 2007, 11:28 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/dhanush-and-yuvan-shankar-to-go-on-fast.html

Enna Koduma Sir Idhu

viraajan
22nd September 2007, 08:53 AM
Dir Hari's interview in Ananda Vikatan this week.

Qes: unga padathoda paadalgal romba pesa padhuthey.
Ans: Nan ippa yuvan ku maaritten. Ilaignargala kushi padutha avara thavira yaaralum mudiyathu!!!!

viraajan
22nd September 2007, 08:55 AM
Tamil MA releases on 28th Sept. Have been eagerly waiting for this ever since the audio was released.!!!

viraajan
22nd September 2007, 08:59 AM

Sanjeevi,

Tamil MA cds have not reached the stores. all coz of BIG Music. This bugger is creating lot of trouble in this. So the audio has not reached the masses as yet (thou it is the no 1 thread in this hub at present :) )
So dhanush, yuvan, anjali (tamil ma female lead) went on for a fast (unnaa viradham) yday.

hope the issue will be resolved and big music will get a big bump!!! :hammer:

NormalMan
22nd September 2007, 09:26 AM
:2thumbsup: Paravaye Engu Irukirai rocks ...

littlemaster1982
22nd September 2007, 09:39 AM
Padapadavena pattampoochi is superb. :thumbsup:

viraajan
22nd September 2007, 03:13 PM

its para para para pattampoochi!!! :D amazing tune and excellent background music and haunting vocal!!! :)

selvakumar
22nd September 2007, 03:44 PM
Looks like, Thamizh M A title has been changed to "Katrathu Thamizh" :)

viraajan
22nd September 2007, 03:54 PM
Looks like, Thamizh M A title has been changed to "Katrathu Thamizh" :)

where did u get this new from selva? :?

littlemaster1982
22nd September 2007, 03:55 PM

its para para para pattampoochi!!! :D amazing tune and excellent background music and haunting vocal!!! :)

:oops: Anyway, the song is great.But I sincerely wish Yuvan stops singing :(

vigneshram
22nd September 2007, 04:43 PM

Sanjeevi,

Tamil MA cds have not reached the stores. all coz of BIG Music. This bugger is creating lot of trouble in this. So the audio has not reached the masses as yet (thou it is the no 1 thread in this hub at present :) )
So dhanush, yuvan, anjali (tamil ma female lead) went on for a fast (unnaa viradham) yday.

hope the issue will be resolved and big music will get a big bump!!! :hammer:

Viraajan ! Thanks for briefing!
BTW, what's the outcome of the fast? Have the CDs been released ?

vigneshram
22nd September 2007, 09:52 PM
:bluejump:

At last Tamil M.A. CDs are available in all music stores in Chennai.

The guy at the shop whom I kept bugging everyday enquiring about the availability of CDs gave me the CD with smile. (feeling happy that hereafter I won't bug him, well until audio release of Billa :wink: )

BIG Music :hammer:

Sanjeevi
23rd September 2007, 01:08 PM
:)

hope all the incidents happened will become positive to audio and movie

MrJudge
24th September 2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, finally available and got hold of the CD.
:musicsmile:

ezy0265
24th September 2007, 04:32 PM
Can someone please post a good version of the songs, as I am still stuck in Hong Kong and then Taiwan next week before I hit home.

Many Thanks for the service.

itsmuls
26th September 2007, 10:14 AM
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/director-vasanth-ready-for-the-next-strike/

Director Vasanth ready for the next strike

With Sattham Podathey witnessing a moderate opening throughout the states, Director Vasanth is now geared up for his next project titled Nadai Udai Bhavanai. Buzzes are that Vasanth narrating the script has convinced the producer and the star casts for the film are yet to be selected, but it is a confirmed report that Yuvan Shankar Raja would be scoring music.

We have wait and see whether Vasanth would be eyeing for an upcoming artist as it happened with Nithin Sathya for the film Sattham Podathey.

sureshmehcnit
27th September 2007, 04:29 PM
I saw the trailer of Tamizh MA yesterday.... one scene was damn amateurish

Jeeva enters a class room... the lecturer looks at his mark sheet and asks why he is joining in tamil when he can easily get engineering or medical seat for his marks.... jeeva asks, '1100 mark eduthaa tamil padikkakoodadha', but lecturer goes a step further and asks him to leave the class, get T.C and join some professional course... far from reailty....the scene can't get any worse.... i hope the whole movie is not like this....

Smile
Sureshkumar

www.ursmusically.blogspot.com

MrJudge
27th September 2007, 06:17 PM
Come on, I don't think anybody getting 1100 would do BA Tamil. That itself is not reality, this is just another fiction, what if a guy who excels in his studies wants to do Tamil, how he struggles and his life ends is the story. So I think some not-so-real scenes will be there for sure.

sureshmehcnit
28th September 2007, 08:56 AM
Come on, I don't think anybody getting 1100 would do BA Tamil. That itself is not reality, this is just another fiction, what if a guy who excels in his studies wants to do Tamil, how he struggles and his life ends is the story. So I think some not-so-real scenes will be there for sure.

Ofcourse, not-so-real is okay, but there is a way to handle it, there is a way to make it appealing and convincing and that is terribly missing in that scene....

Sanjeevi
28th September 2007, 10:29 AM
Kadhal Kondein hang over

sgmsin
28th September 2007, 03:50 PM
Guys,

I think Vishal definitly will come back to yuvan. Things trun out to be very bad. Malaikotai seems to below average movie. Reviews are very bad. whenever vishal come out with yuvan tasted big hit.

Vaz
28th September 2007, 05:40 PM
Ofcourse, not-so-real is okay, but there is a way to handle it, there is a way to make it appealing and convincing and that is terribly missing in that scene....

Exactly my thoughts... The movie is being marketed as something very "real" and different from the other masala movies and in such a context when you listen to such a piece of dialogue... it is obviously very disappointing. I think that utmost care is taken when preparing a trailer (and this one is also quite beautiful except for that part)... which means that it did not disturb the director to include such a silly sequence.

But anyway beautiful cinematography, certainly good performances and pretty good music will still make me watch the movie...

As far as the music is concerned it is damn good except for YSR and Ilayaraja's singing... don't know why they keep on singing when there are so many talented singers around! Anyway this is just my opinion.

jegansavannah
28th September 2007, 10:23 PM
Vaz whtever your opinion on IR and YSR singing. I Think especially on this movie. i feel they did a awesome job. I am addicted to IR'S and YSR ( INNUM) song. i think they are good in emoting the feel than most good singers.

Sanjeevi
30th September 2007, 12:52 PM
http://umakathir.blogspot.com/2007/09/blog-post_29.html

Sanjeevi
30th September 2007, 12:53 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/sep/280907.asp

Machakkaran looks interesting... :)

karthik_sa2
1st October 2007, 02:58 PM
tamizh MA got the cd...soul stirring music...for those of u compared yuvan with petty md's like gvp,dharan,manisharma just listen to this album u will realise how far behind they r..

judge thanx for the lyrics man...

jegansavannah
1st October 2007, 09:58 PM
If guys compare YSR with GVP and dharan then i think are doing the same mistake as how they compare YSR with ISR and ARR. YSR has gone too far to compare with new kids.

Harris is good for Commercial movies and feelgood movies, I dnt know why he is reluctant in choosing experimental movies

YSR Excells in all category be it earthy raw village movie like paruthiveeran or psyco based kadalkondein or manmadhan or pleasant feel good movie like kandanaalmudhal r mass movie like sandakozhi r vallavan

jegansavannah
1st October 2007, 10:01 PM
sorry guys itz IR(NOT ISR) AND ARR - my net connection is giving me some probs today

app_engine
2nd October 2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.newkerala.com/oct.php?action=fullnews&id=7733

How do they arrive at such charts...

Sanjeevi
2nd October 2007, 10:30 PM
eppadi iruntha enna

the album deserves more than that

Sanjeevi
2nd October 2007, 10:32 PM
Ilaiyaraja song "Paravaiyae engu irukkirai" is slowly occuping big quoto in Chennai FMs

Sanjeevi
2nd October 2007, 10:41 PM
Yuvan is also accepted to do the remake of yesteryear classic "Kadhalikka Neramillai". I don't want remixes except "Viswanathan Velai Vendum" song. What a fresh song by MSV :)

viraajan
3rd October 2007, 03:40 PM
ajith's next movie would be directed by rajusundaram.
i guess. md would be u1. cos wen it was told that rs wud direct parattai movie, u1 signed for the movie. but soon when it was handed over to suresh krishna, md was also changed.
so u1 may compose music this time.
lets c.

betw, katradhu thamizh (formerly tamil ma :) ) releases this week. am so desperate that i sould see the movie this week itself and post my review. lets c if i can get the tickets:

buggle
3rd October 2007, 11:46 PM
Kattrathu tamil songs are blockbuster..

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/illayaraaja-song-rules-the-charts.html

sureshmehcnit
4th October 2007, 10:04 AM
itho en karuthu.. kelunga.... konjam unarchivasa pattutaen

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2007/10/tamizh-ma-soundtrack.html

sgmsin
4th October 2007, 10:47 AM
Here is the rediff review on Tamil MA

Yuvan Shankar Raja and actor Jeeva had created magic earlier in the critically acclaimed Raam.

Jeeva won the best actor award and Yuvan best music director award for the film at the Cypress International Film Festival (CIFF). Now both are coming together in Thamizh M.A (the title of the film has now been changed to Kattrathu Thamizh to avail tax benefits) again as hero and music director.

Yuan has a pleasant surprise up his sleeve for the Tamil film music fans; his father Ilayaraja has rendered one of Yuvan's compositions in this album and incidentally it is the pick of this five-track album.

Thamizh M.A is the debut directorial venture of Ram who earlier worked as an assistant to Balu Mahendra. Na Muthukumar has penned the lyrics.

The album opens with Ennum Oriravu, a strangely tuned piece rendered by Yuvan himself. Rendered in the beginning in an inebriated style, (the reason for which you can make out from the lyrics towards the end of the number) the track is interspersed with monologues reflecting the despondency and despair of the protagonist who has taken refuge in smoking ganja.

The track rendered in a laborious and somnolent style has accelerated drumbeats and orchestration and change of rhythm. Na Muthukumar's lyrics so far are meaningful and impressive. But when he continues saying the hero has to smoke ganja because he has become Siva, who controls the birth and death of all beings, the lyrics become unpalatable.

But Yuvan has amply compensated for this lackadaisical piece with the following number Paravaye ennai made fascinating by Ilayaraja's sublime rendition. The rap and extended instrumentation prelude is misleading. What follows is no fast track, but sheer melody. The maestro brings out the pain and pathos of the hero with his soul-stirring rendition in his inimitable voice and keeps you wrapped around his fingers. The combination of good lyrics, inspiring beats, splendid rhythm, western style humming and sheets of haunting guitar delineations create excellent harmony.

The following Para para pattampoochi is an enticing piece. There is both melody and energy in it. Rahul's excellent rendition, controlled orchestration, simple yet inspiring rhythm and instrumentation with flute and guitar expositions make it a felicitous piece.

Yuvan once again gives his voice, which at times has an uncanny resemblance to his father's, to the next track, Unakkagathane. The somnolence is gone from his voice; instead there is life and energy though his rendition still sounds laborious occasionaly. It is a romantic piece with no despondency in the lyrics or rendition style, but full of positive feelings painting a picture of the lover's intense and supportive love for his lass. The composer has accessorised this track with western style instrumentation, humming and accelerating beats.

Vazhgai enbathu, a typical Shankar Mahadevan [Images] number charged with adrenaline glorifies Thamizh and 'Tamizhagam' and provides variety to the album. Extensive electrifying orchestration with racy percussion, changing tune and Shankar Mahadevan's vibrant rendition make this a buoyant piece

Yuvan winds up the album with the repetition of the maestro's mesmerising piece Paravaiya ennai.

Yuvan needs to be applauded for avoiding his fetish for remixes!! It is definitely a fascinating album from Yuvan Shankar Raja

Sanjeevi
4th October 2007, 11:30 AM
ஊரைக் கலக்கும் ராஜா பாட்டு!

கற்றது தமிழ் படத்தில் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜாவின் இசையில் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா பாடியுள்ள பாடல் பெரும் ஹிட் ஆகியுள்ளது.

Click here for more images

ராம் படத்தில் அட்டகாசமாக இசையமைத்திருந்தார் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா. அப்படத்தின் பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் அசத்தின. அதன் பின்னர் தற்போது அதே ஜீவாவுக்காக, கற்றது தமிழ் படத்தில் கலக்கலாக இசையமைத்துள்ளார் யுவன்.

பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் வெளியான சூட்டிலேயே ஹிட் ஆகியுள்ளன. குறிப்பாக இளையராஜாவின் குரலில் ஒலிக்கும் பறவையாய் என்னை ஆக்கி விட்டாய் என்ற பாடல் இதயத்தை வருடுவதாக உள்ளது.

மொத்தம் உள்ள 6 பாடல்களுமே கேட்பதற்கு இனிமையாக உள்ளது. ஆடியோ ரிலீஸ் லேட் ஆனாலும், பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் படு டேஸ்ட்டாக வந்துள்ளன.

இசைப் பிரியர்களின் இதயங்களை கற்றது தமிழ் பாடல்கள் வருடும் என்பதில் சந்தேகம் இல்லை. படம் டிசம்பர் 5ம் தேதி ரிலீஸாகிறது.

selvakumar
4th October 2007, 11:45 AM
Yuvan is also accepted to do the remake of yesteryear classic "Kadhalikka Neramillai". I don't want remixes except "Viswanathan Velai Vendum" song. What a fresh song by MSV :)
I think the entire media is bashing the yesteryear remakes and remixes. For e.g., last line in rediff review on thamiz M.A indirectly bashes yuvan's remixes. So, he wont get support from these people for the remakes & remixes (Billa, Kadhalikka Neramillai). I think he will avoid these in the future. Let us see

viraajan,
Reg that ajith's RS movie, nothing is confirmed yet. Earlier we heard one rumour that HJ might be scoring the music. (Again a rumour only). NOw, ur news makes me feel that YUVAN Might score for this movie :wink: Let us hope ! I also wish the same :bluejump:

MrJudge
5th October 2007, 03:56 PM
First positive review on Katrathu Tamil

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-06/kattradhu-tamil-review.html

MrJudge
6th October 2007, 10:39 AM
Watched KT yesterday, wow, it is a different and complicated film. The only minus point is that there are sad sequences appearing one by one for atleast 15 mins in the first half. That felt like overdose, if only the director spread them across, it would have been great, but still an interesting and bold film by the debutant director. I think he joins in the good directors list of Yuvan.

Dialogues are so natural and good. Cinematography, music, all supporting actors are so apt. Vaazhkkai enbathu song is not used in the movie. Para para pattampoochi song is for Jeeva and his mentor not with the heroine as I had imagined.

After seeing Jeeva's performance I think he should have acted in Puthupettai instead of Dhanush. He would have taken it to the different level.

I will watch Katrathu Tamil a few more times :)

Sanjeevi
6th October 2007, 03:04 PM
Yuvan will marry a Radio Jackey soon

gossip from kumudam

MrJudge
6th October 2007, 03:39 PM
Yuvan will marry a Radio Jackey soon

gossip from kumudam

In this week's kumudam??

karthik_sa2
6th October 2007, 06:56 PM
Watched KT yesterday, wow, it is a different and complicated film. The only minus point is that there are sad sequences appearing one by one for atleast 15 mins in the first half. That felt like overdose, if only the director spread them across, it would have been great, but still an interesting and bold film by the debutant director. I think he joins in the good directors list of Yuvan.

Dialogues are so natural and good. Cinematography, music, all supporting actors are so apt. Vaazhkkai enbathu song is not used in the movie. Para para pattampoochi song is for Jeeva and his mentor not with the heroine as I had imagined.

After seeing Jeeva's performance I think he should have acted in Puthupettai instead of Dhanush. He would have taken it to the different level.

I will watch Katrathu Tamil a few more times

cool!!!! how was the bgm????

karthik_sa2
6th October 2007, 07:00 PM
i felt in "paravayin... song yuvan didn concentrate much in interludes. loooked pretty ordinary considering its haunting tune.. just my opinion

viraajan
6th October 2007, 07:07 PM

I will watch Katrathu Tamil a few more times :)

gonna watch it tomorrwo. will post my review. its a known fact that this movie is full of sad seq.
let me c. :)

MrJudge
6th October 2007, 08:54 PM

karthik,

It is a narrative style movie just like Kudaikkul mazhai where you shouldn't miss the dialogues. BGM is so apt and not a distraction but you have to stick with the conversation all the time. I was on cloud nine also when watched the film, so need to watch it again to notice the BGM. It is a sad movie all the way but the director showed that (eventhough the end is a tragedy) he can finish it off so beautiful.

vasanth2006
6th October 2007, 09:44 PM

karthik,

It is a narrative style movie just like Kudaikkul mazhai where you shouldn't miss the dialogues. BGM is so apt and not a distraction but you have to stick with the conversation all the time. I was on cloud nine also when watched the film, so need to watch it again to notice the BGM. It is a sad movie all the way but the director showed that (eventhough the end is a tragedy) he can finish it off so beautiful.

Judge, some peoples are saying that, it is slow in second half while comparing to first half....ur opinion??...then will it reach the mass well??

karthik_sa2
7th October 2007, 09:42 AM
karthik,

It is a narrative style movie just like Kudaikkul mazhai where you shouldn't miss the dialogues. BGM is so apt and not a distraction but you have to stick with the conversation all the time. I was on cloud nine also when watched the film, so need to watch it again to notice the BGM. It is a sad movie all the way but the director showed that (eventhough the end is a tragedy) he can finish it off so beautiful

first 15 mins full of sad sequences, 2nd half very slow and a tragic ending too...hmm as a kamal fan i defenitely want to see this movie..and mainly to see what yuvan has done in bgm for such a heavy film i expect a lot from him....no wonder the songs itself reflected this kinda mood...cant wait to see the movie anymore. thanx judge for ur positive rveiew..

vasanth2006
7th October 2007, 10:28 AM
[tscii:4195abd8a9]http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14538729&ctid=5&cid=2429

Jeeva’s, Ram Subbu directed Katrathu Tamil is a daringly different film, which gets into the mind of a psychopath and explores it. An ordinary young man, frustrated by his circumstances and futility of his job, slowly loses his mental balance and becomes a psychopath, and when he gets redeemed it’s too late.
The film is showcased by the director to highlight the performance of Jeeva. Armed with a well written role of Prabhakar, a brilliant post-graduate in Tamil, the actor brings a primal mixture of beauty, love, affection, and savagery to his one-man act. The scene where he confronts a call centre employee, in the middle of the night on a deserted street and pours his scorn and frustration at the system is brilliant.

Prabhakar (Jeeva) is a Tamil teacher in a private school in west Mambalam area of Chennai, who leads a lonely life in a lodge. He is frustrated and even tries to commit suicide, in a system where knowing your mother tongue and teaching it is looked down upon by a society craving for material benefits and imbalance in pay structure. 10 years back, there were people who were getting Rs 2000 and Rs 20000, but today all that have changed as there are individuals working for IT companies drawing Rs 2 lakhs as salary, while the guy who gets Rs 2000 is still there trying to eke out a living!

Prabhakar, for no fault of his is at the receiving end, terrorised by cops and on the run after killing a railway booking clerk in a fit of rage. He roams all around the country and joins some saadhus, high on pot and also grows his hair long and keeps a shaggy beard. Finally he wants to exorcise the devils within and at gun point kidnaps a television anchor (Karnas), who records his life story, where he confesses to killing 22 people in cold blood! In the flashback he reveals his past, his upbringing by a Tamil teacher (director Azhagarperumal in a great cameo), and his childhood sweet heart, (Anjali) who later in his life becomes an obsession for him.

The entire film is told in the way of a first person narrative, which at times slows down the tempo, and there is a bit of blood and gore which could have been trimmed. There are times especially towards the climax, where the film veers perilously close to being a stock revenge saga (Prabhakar killing the cop who badly beat him up) Yuvan’s melancholic numbers are first rate with his dad Ilayaraaja song Paarvayin Yen Ingu Irukurai… being the pick of the lot. Yuvan has also created the right mood in the background score which enhances the movie. Kadhir’s gritty camera which travels all over the country, is another plus point.

Ram Subbu’s script and characterization of Prabhakar, pours plenty of heartfelt emotion into the film’s more dramatic moments. The film is high-brow, but if you are looking for a fresh off-kilter cinematic experience, then you don’t want to miss Katrathu Tamil.

Verdict- Good [/tscii:4195abd8a9]

vasanth2006
7th October 2007, 11:30 AM
karthik,

It is a narrative style movie just like Kudaikkul mazhai where you shouldn't miss the dialogues. BGM is so apt and not a distraction but you have to stick with the conversation all the time. I was on cloud nine also when watched the film, so need to watch it again to notice the BGM. It is a sad movie all the way but the director showed that (eventhough the end is a tragedy) he can finish it off so beautiful

first 15 mins full of sad sequences, 2nd half very slow and a tragic ending too...hmm as a kamal fan i defenitely want to see this movie..and mainly to see what yuvan has done in bgm for such a heavy film i expect a lot from him....no wonder the songs itself reflected this kinda mood...cant wait to see the movie anymore. thanx judge for ur positive rveiew..

Karthik,

Happy to know that you also kamal fan :) .....

MrJudge
7th October 2007, 11:34 AM
Judge, some peoples are saying that, it is slow in second half while comparing to first half....ur opinion??...then will it reach the mass well??

The flashback of his sad memories are the only part I just wanted to end fast. But also it explains why he became the person as he is in the latter part of his life. I am not sure which part is slow or fast. I can think of two movies done similar to this style, Kudaikkul mazhai and Puthupettai. And this movie has interesting script and screenplay and definitely much much better attempt than those movies. And there is no confusion at all, any movie-goer can understand the flow. I think this movie will click with mass may be not with family audiences.

If you like not-run-of-the-mill, different, serious and not boring movie, this is the one. This film is one step ahead for a tamil movie definitely.

MrJudge
7th October 2007, 11:38 AM

Not the first 15 mins, but somewhere in the first half. The movie is a lengthy one, it runs for 2.50mins.

viraajan
7th October 2007, 07:33 PM
The movie is entirely a different movie in terms of theme, character, narration etc.
I liked it very ver much.
Very Sharp dialogues. If First half is in normal pace, second half is bit slower and lengthier too. So this would test the patience of a commecial movie liker or regular movie goer.
Yuvan's BGM is awesome. Excellent BGM. Just cant describe his quality here. Such an enthralling score.
All the four songs (Vashkai enbadhu song is missing) have been picturised well. Camera is another plus.
Jeeva's acting is marvelous. Heroine anjali doesnt have much to do except deliveing the dialogue "Nejamathan solluriya" in regular interval.
One scene which i liked very much is, when jeeva sees a call center girl who is wearing a t-shirt with a slogan "TOUCH HERE IF YOU DARE", jeeva will not even think twice and would touch her b****. A very very diff scene in a tamil cinema.
Another scene in which jeeva says karunas "unakku kalyanam aachu. ellam pathuruppa, anubavichuruppa. enakku 26 vayasu aaguthu. enakku aasai irukkadha? yethana naal than bathroomlaye ...... cha...". This is another daring attempt by the Dir. Hats off to him.
Would this movie be a commercial hit? Have to wait and see. Cant guess anything now.
But one thing wondered me, its despite the fact that movie is slo paced one and had scenes which tested the patience of audience, the calmness lasted thruogh the movie till the end in the theatre which is a sign of success!!
Lets hope for a positive response from the audience. I would surely watch it again!!!

vasanth2006
7th October 2007, 08:14 PM
Katrathu Tamizh --- Excellent Movie....I like it very much....

Guys,
I have congratulated the director Ram at udhayam theater...:)

vigneshram
7th October 2007, 10:32 PM
Wow! Awesome movie....

I enjoyed it. Yuvan rocks in his BGMs and Songs...

Find my review of Kattradhu tamil here

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/10/kattradhu-tamil-movie-review.html

MrJudge
7th October 2007, 10:35 PM
I saw it again today. :clap:

I should say that the BGM is just awesome and it comes throughout the movie. In only one place, I thought the music was jarring when Jeeva recites some tamil poetry to Kausik. Yuvan should have downplayed there as it was difficult to hear what Jeeva says.

MrJudge
7th October 2007, 10:46 PM
Would this movie be a commercial hit? Have to wait and see. Cant guess anything now.
But one thing wondered me, its despite the fact that movie is slo paced one and had scenes which tested the patience of audience, the calmness lasted thruogh the movie till the end in the theatre which is a sign of success!!
Lets hope for a positive response from the audience. I would surely watch it again!!!

Glad to see that lot of people liked it. I should say this movie is kind of a literary work. There are lot of scenes moving slowly. But I think this slowness is essential to enjoy any serious work. We can't take our homemade meal like fastfood. Shouldn't we take our own time to enjoy it?

Sanjeevi
8th October 2007, 11:03 AM
Heavy work load in office :sad:

I haven't seen the movie yet :cry2:

Sanjeevi
8th October 2007, 01:03 PM
Unakkagathanae (உனக்காகத்தானே) slowly growing on me. fantastic music especially the interludes and very hummable friendly tune.

hariprasadb23
8th October 2007, 06:02 PM
i watched the movie in inox.
definitely a different movie.
screenplay,jeeva acting,camera,songs and bgm are excellent
i agree with virajaan in that dir. is daring one. movie is little slow.

MrJudge
8th October 2007, 07:19 PM
First I thought Paruththi Veeran was one of the best movies in tf industry in the last 10 years or so. But Katrathu Tamil easily beats Paruththi Veeran in every department. This is easily the best movie.

MrJudge
9th October 2007, 11:04 AM
Yesterday in Stars Ungaludan, Jeeva was on. I saw only the last 10 mins of that program. I hope they will invite Director Ram soon. I am eager to see his experience on the making of KM.

Here is his interview at rediff:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/oct/08ram.htm

vasanth2006
9th October 2007, 11:10 AM
Vel audio is going to release soon....

mahen01
9th October 2007, 01:19 PM
I didnt watch the movie yet. so i cant comment on background music..but for the songs Dispite all the raging reviews, my openion is.. its an average album. I only liked paravaiyin kootil and para para patampoochi. I like the lyrics of vaalkai enbathu... but music is not that great.

etc1bin
10th October 2007, 09:37 AM
Yuvan has done a fantastic job in the BGM dept. It has taken him to the next level in re-recording. I have posted the link to my review of the movie.

http://myalchemydiary.blogspot.com/2007/10/katrathu-thamizh-movie-review.html

Cheers.

viraajan
10th October 2007, 10:13 AM

gr8 news dude :)

viraajan
10th October 2007, 10:15 AM
I saw it again today. :clap:

I should say that the BGM is just awesome and it comes throughout the movie. In only one place, I thought the music was jarring when Jeeva recites some tamil poetry to Kausik. Yuvan should have downplayed there as it was difficult to hear what Jeeva says.

even i felt it judge. the bgm during the dialogue had over ridden the dialogues. could not listen to them properly!!! :(

viraajan
10th October 2007, 10:21 AM
those who saw the movie,

in one scene, jeeva will explain how he feels wen he tries to stop murdering. dialoge "kai odharum. mandai la dang nu oru satham kekkum". when he says "dang", the same kinda sound will be produced from the "center speaker" in theatres with dts effect. did u guys listen it properly?

wow u1!!! just awesome!!!!

expert comments pls!!!

vasanth2006
10th October 2007, 12:38 PM

machakkaran audio also going to release soon...

u1's Diwali releases:

Machakkaran
Vel
KME

Billa - ???????

but there may be some final decisions due to theater unavailability.....

karthik_sa2
10th October 2007, 12:52 PM
Karthik,

Happy to know that you also kamal fan .....

vasanth
ungaluku gnyabagam irruka'nu theriyala. when u first came to this forum u copied my kamal avatar<black shirt with heyram kinda beard and long hair tied up> and had it in urs. u even thanked me for tht.appovae theriyum neengalum kamal veriyar'nu... :D

y no reviews from u for katradhu tamizh???expecteing it soon... i would most probaby watch the movie this weekend...pls lets all give our reviews and promote the movie atleast to a certain extent cos such daring and experimenting attempts r rare in tamil cinmemas and they shdnt go unnoticed

viraajan
10th October 2007, 01:18 PM

machakkaran audio also going to release soon...

u1's Diwali releases:

Machakkaran
Vel
KME

Billa - ???????

but there may be some final decisions due to theater unavailability.....

vasanth,

you can add billa in the list. coz recently vishnu has told that the film wil surely hit the screens on diwali day.:thumbsup:
so 4 releases. hoo ha hoo ha... :clap:

SoftSword
10th October 2007, 02:29 PM
guys... the para para pattampoochi song in katradhu thamizh.... it sounds similar to the "ennamma... devi jakkamma" song from thambi...

or is it becos of the voice...
who is the md of that movie...? guess its vs..

viraajan
10th October 2007, 02:43 PM
guys... the para para pattampoochi song in katradhu thamizh.... it sounds similar to the "ennamma... devi jakkamma" song from thambi...

or is it becos of the voice...
who is the md of that movie...? guess its vs..

i find no similarities btew these two songs :?

vidhyasagar scored music for thambi

MrJudge
10th October 2007, 04:26 PM
those who saw the movie,

in one scene, jeeva will explain how he feels wen he tries to stop murdering. dialoge "kai odharum. mandai la dang nu oru satham kekkum". when he says "dang", the same kinda sound will be produced from the "center speaker" in theatres with dts effect. did u guys listen it properly?

wow u1!!! just awesome!!!!

expert comments pls!!!

Yeah, no one will ignore that sound, it was loud and so scary.

Sanjeevi
11th October 2007, 12:08 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/katrathu-tamizh-trimmed.html

vigneshram
11th October 2007, 09:43 PM
Good quality Video songs of Kattradhu Tamizh ( few minutes of Para para and "Unakaaga thaane" full song)
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/10/kattradhu-tamizh-video-songs.html

raja_fan
12th October 2007, 06:29 AM
How is the picturisation of "Paravaiye engu.." ?

vigneshram
12th October 2007, 06:43 AM
How is the picturisation of "Paravaiye engu.." ?

"Paraviaye engu" is also picturised beautifully and the credit goes to the cinematographer Kathir for the breathtaking shots. The opening of song with visuals of train chugging out of tunnel and Raja's voice is sure to give goose bumps.

Another clever thing the director has done is, all the songs are played in 2 parts. Pallavi and first charanam, followed by some scenes and then comes the second interlude and second charanam. So our front benchers don't go out for a puff.

MrJudge
12th October 2007, 10:13 AM
AV has given only 42 points for KM :( I think Pokkiri has got the same points too. Vaazhga Jananayagam!

MrJudge
12th October 2007, 10:17 AM
Ithu namma veettu paatu (Vel) ads are coming up now, I don't have big hopes for Vel. If he gives atleast one 'arabu naade' in it, I will be happy.

karthik_sa2
12th October 2007, 11:46 AM
hindu has given the worst review ever not even appreciating evn one aspect except jeeva's performance :oops:

MrJudge
12th October 2007, 05:04 PM
[tscii:554b554bc7]karthik,

I was searching for the hindu review and found it after I read your comment.

Yes, namma Malathiyamma writes
"Prabhakar catches hold of a cameraman (Karunas), gets his confession of the murders recorded on tape and hands it over to a private channel. But once the police want to nab him, he tries to escape! Till that moment, they aren’t even looking for him! The lack of logic is befuddling."

Ore comedy-a irrukku :lol:[/tscii:554b554bc7]

MrJudge
12th October 2007, 05:22 PM
Machchakaran hits the screen on Devali too, so the audio should be coming next week.

Ramakrishna
13th October 2007, 12:27 AM
You can listen to Vel song samples here
http://music.galatta.com/entertainment/music/songs/albumid/989/movie/vel.html#

inetk
13th October 2007, 11:21 AM
Banal!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/10/13/vel-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/

mahen01
13th October 2007, 02:40 PM
Hindu is well known for its ANTI TAMIL articals and news. So we can just ignore Hindu's review.

I think director didnt get his facts properly. In the movie Prabaker says 2000 years old tamil degree holder earns far less than 25 year old IT degree holder. But the real fact is Tamil language is much much older than that.

Officially its accepted that 1st Tamil litrature (in writting - Agasthiyam) is BC 5000 - BC 7000 years old.(Tholkapiyam is the improved 2nd edition of Agasthiyam. Even Tholkapiyam can be dated BC 2000 - bc5000 which is officialy considered as the first written litrature in the world ) Could be much older than that. Spoken tamil is obviously much older than that. There are enough evidence to prove Tamil is older than Sanskrit and we were fooled by Aria's scare tactics in the name of god to make us accept sanscrit came first (like in Ramayanam discribing Dravidans are Rackshathas and Arias are Devas).

Now its AC 2007. Even if you take the minimum minimum date which is BC 2000 Tamil Litrature is more than 4000 years old. Movie's director is saying that he is a Tamil MA himself. I wonder on what base he is saying its only 2000 years old.

mahen01
14th October 2007, 08:27 PM
Although director messedup with dates, this is one of the best movies I have ever seen in all aspects.

Renault
14th October 2007, 08:51 PM
In fact, I am satisfied with Yuvan's work in Vel. IMO, he has given the songs that is apt for the album with a rustic rural effect. These songs will become a rage in b and c centers.

Yuvan needs these kind of albums to show his versatlity.. this may not be a Paruthiveeran, but this is Hari who has extracted these from Yuvan and not Ameer.

If the movie runs decently, few songs will reach the audience well.

Vaz
15th October 2007, 09:15 PM
Vel is not upto the mark... In fact there were two really good songs in Thamirabharani by the same director... Thaliye thevayila and Vaarthe Onnu... But here except for Aayiram Jannal vidu most of the songs are not at all catchy... Very disappointing!

MrJudge
15th October 2007, 11:19 PM
I like the Haricharan song in Vel. Is the CD available in stores?

vasanth2006
15th October 2007, 11:21 PM
Vel --- u1's First Disappointing album of 2007.....

Ottraikannale is a nice song...this tune has u1's stamp all over.....but the rhythm pattern could be better.....
Ayiram jannal is ok kinda song....

Sanjeevi
16th October 2007, 01:06 PM
though Vel album disappoints, "Intha Ooril" rocks, simply love it

SoftSword
16th October 2007, 05:46 PM
The remix "andru vandhadhum adhae nila" song from kannamoochi yenada has some similarities with Pavithra's "Sevvaanam" song...

The charanam "irandu kaigal illai endralo osai pirappadhillai..." looks similar to "pon udal thannai en kaiyil yaendha yaenadi yosikkirai..."

or is it a mere concidence...
but overall the songs is good...

SoftSword
16th October 2007, 05:58 PM
also, the kannamoochi aattam aadi... song has some english verses inbetween which sounds very sumilar to the Bombay dreams shakalaka baby verses...

viraajan
17th October 2007, 09:26 AM
Machchakaran hits the screen on Devali too, so the audio should be coming next week.

hope there wil be atleast two super songs in machakaran. vel is boring. ednt expect this kinda quality from u1 that too immediately after tamil MA

sgmsin
17th October 2007, 10:16 AM
have any one listen kettavan sample songs "Ennada nadakkuthu inge". definitly its should be instand hit from yuvan. amazing

sgmsin
17th October 2007, 10:19 AM
You can get kettavan song from the below link

http://krajesh4u.blogspot.com/

viraajan
17th October 2007, 01:54 PM

any idea abt wen the album is coming out?

Sanjeevi
17th October 2007, 04:20 PM
My review

http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/vel-songs-folk

vasanth2006
17th October 2007, 10:01 PM
Kettavan Song is simply rocking.......

vigneshram
17th October 2007, 10:49 PM
Listen to the Kettavan sample song here in esnips and my take on it

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/10/l-isten-to-sample-song-from-yuvan-simbu.html

itsmuls
18th October 2007, 01:54 PM
[tscii:f8892190e2]Selvaraghavan makes peace with Aravind Krishna

It is true what they say about friendship in cinema. That there are no permanent friends or enemies. Here is how. Ace director Selvaraghavan, blaming opinion differences, had not been in talking terms with cinematographer Aravind Krishna, once his lucky mascot. Aravind was once responsible for the striking cinematography in Selva’s movies before they parted ways.

However, reliable sources state that Selva has ironed out his differences with Aravind Krishna and they will work together soon again. The duo can be seen working together in Selva’s Hindi venture; remake of the Tamil hit 7/G Rainbow Colony starring Vivek Oberai.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/oct-07-03/17-10-07-selvaraghavan.html

SO WE CAN HOPE WHITE ELEPHANTS WILL BE FORMED AGAIN![/tscii:f8892190e2]

karthik_sa2
19th October 2007, 03:11 PM
vel- first time ever i felt the entire album irritating from yuvan...he has typically some irritating styles which he has to come out from like the song "indha ooril"..same style had it in manmadhan, vallavan, thaamirabhrani,pattiyal that too ending with da is becoming highly irritating.. innum oru janal is ok but spoilt by vadivelu...feel yuvan has wasted his chance to work for a highly comercial project that too with surya and asin

MrJudge
19th October 2007, 07:31 PM

Though it reminds me Loosu penne, Yuvan rocks :thumbsup:

viraajan
19th October 2007, 08:58 PM

i dono how u ppl liked this piece. Simbu as a worst singer has spoiled this song. Loose Penne was a diff and amazing tune, but spoiled coz of his voice and crazy lyrics.

its so blatantly seems that the duo has tried to create a magic.

lot of ppl bashed up HJ for his repetitive kinda music. now will u1 join fall in this bucket? i dont like this piece.

i may like it if i listne to the whole song!!! but as of now, a futile attempt!!!

viraajan
19th October 2007, 09:03 PM
did anyone read Tamilvanan, dir of machakaran interview in vikatan this week.
excellent credits to u1.
"when ppl said that u1 can only do wentern music style, ameer broke it thru PV. now in MK, the story has been mixed betw village and city. so u1 has got a very big ground to play with his music. :)

vasanth2006
20th October 2007, 12:51 AM

i dono how u ppl liked this piece. Simbu as a worst singer has spoiled this song. Loose Penne was a diff and amazing tune, but spoiled coz of his voice and crazy lyrics.

lot of ppl bashed up HJ for his repetitive kinda music. now will u1 join fall in this bucket? i dont like this piece.

i may like it if i listne to the whole song!!! but as of now, a futile attempt!!!

Guys,

This song reminds some of u1 songs....accepted.....But this tune is very catchy....instantly attracting.....my friends are saying the same....

MrJudge
20th October 2007, 10:42 AM

I liked the rhythm part of this bit than the singing because Yuvan proves again that he is here for the new generation, not for the people who still like 90s stuff. Lets wait for the album to come out in 2008. I heard that the budget was overshoot in the first schedule itseld and the producer temporarily halted the progress. Simbu :(

MrJudge
20th October 2007, 10:51 AM
Machakkaran website was launched by Indiaglitz

http://www.machakkaaranthefilm.com/

I eagerly went there to see if they have any audio bites but they haven't put anything up there yet. After KK, I think Yuvan-Tamil have a good vibe and this is another album I am looking forward to.

viraajan
20th October 2007, 01:43 PM
Machakkaran website was launched by Indiaglitz

http://www.machakkaaranthefilm.com/

I eagerly went there to see if they have any audio bites but they haven't put anything up there yet. After KK, I think Yuvan-Tamil have a good vibe and this is another album I am looking forward to.

judge, did u read vikatan interview. it was awesome and has created a hype that u1 has done something good in this album unlike vel.

viraajan
20th October 2007, 01:47 PM

I liked the rhythm part of this bit than the singing because Yuvan proves again that he is here for the new generation, not for the people who still like 90s stuff. Lets wait for the album to come out in 2008. I heard that the budget was overshoot in the first schedule itseld and the producer temporarily halted the progress. Simbu :(

i agree, that rhythm is good and catchy. but tune, and the "d**key" voice is irritating na? i hate singers who spoil the song. thats y i cursed madhushree in beema thread.
in this song, its more of simbu's attitude thatn u1's.

pratap
20th October 2007, 04:23 PM
Sorry guys. Now only i can able to see the hub.

I am a software guy.But I like the "Katrathu Tamil " movie very much. It is very important to have this type of movie in india. I don't know wheather CM or PM or Mr.Bush could give answer for "Prabhakar" questions. It is a very good end. Hero is not justifying anything. He is questioning the world.

Yuvan part is very perfect. He created the mood. Yuvan proved that he can score the music for " samuthya akkarai" ulla movie also.

I am very very happy to see that movie. Appada, Tamil industryla hero heroine kadhal thavira matra padangalum varrathu romba magilchi tharakkudiathu.

I am expecting more filims from tamil ma team!!! :D

MrJudge
22nd October 2007, 02:43 PM
judge, did u read vikatan interview. it was awesome and has created a hype that u1 has done something good in this album unlike vel.

Yes, I did. For this project, even without asking Yuvan, he just printed his name on the Pooja posters. When Yuvan heard about this, he inquired Tamilvanan through his associates and asked him to remove Yuvan's name. He refused and paid his advance. He loves Yuvan's music so much. :D

MrJudge
22nd October 2007, 03:01 PM
Machchakkaran's nellaila man eduththa (title track) sample is available at http://yuvan.wordpress.com I could find only one minute sample of it.

rajasaranam
22nd October 2007, 03:52 PM
Though a late post! This sentence in Kumudam vimarasanam proves that U1 is becoming a important phenomenon in Tamil film industry after Raaja :)

Pinnani Isai Saerppil Thanthaiyai minjum Kaalam Vegu thoorathil Illai
He is next best to Raaja in undestanding Cinema as a Audio-Visual Medium. Congrats Yuvan
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-10-17/pg12.php

MrJudge
22nd October 2007, 04:26 PM
He is next best to Raaja in undestanding Cinema as a Audio-Visual Medium.

Saththamaa sollaatheenga, Deva-nnu oruththar odi varuvaar :D

MrJudge
23rd October 2007, 10:49 AM
Loose Penne was a diff and amazing tune, but spoiled coz of his voice and crazy lyrics.

Yesterday I listened to Vallavan after longtime, Loosu Penne and Vallavaa orchestrations are very innovative. Just concentratate on music alone and forget about the singing. I don't think anybody other than Yuvan can do such compositions. :2thumbsup:

I hope Simbu soon gets over his ladylove problems and does something different on screen.

MrJudge
23rd October 2007, 11:15 AM
[tscii:fa0f824391]Venkat Prabhu to cast Bollywood 'Super Star'
IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 22, 2007]

Venkat Prabhu surprised everyone with his debut directorial venture 'Chennai 600028', the movie on Gully Cricket starring new comers was a runaway hit in Kollywood.

Wasting no time, actor-turned-director Venkat Prabhu is quick to start his next which is tentatively titled 'Ezhu'.

The big news is that a yesteryear Bollywood 'Super Star' has been approached by Venkat Prabhu to don a key role in 'Ezhu'.

The movie features Sumanth, son of Kothanda Rama Reddy, Premji Gangai Amaran, S P B Charan in the cast.

Venkat Prabhu has managed a casting coup by convincing yesteryear heroine Gouthami and Malayalam star Jayaram to do prominent roles in the movie.

Produced by Siva's Amma Creations, the movie is planned for a release in summer 2008.

Sources close to the Venkat Prabhu says that the movie would be totally different from ‘Chennai 600028’ and it would be a new attempt in Indian cinema as well!

Venkat Prabhu had approached Kamal Haasan's daughter Shruthi Haasan to be part of the cast. However she declined and it is believed that she has expressed her desire to be associated with the project behind the screen.

--------------------------

Bollywood superstar-a, yaaruppa athu? BigB?? :roll: [/tscii:fa0f824391]

MrJudge
23rd October 2007, 07:32 PM
Yuvan's new film Sivavin Manadhil Sandya *ing Jeeva, Priya Mani

Sanjeevi
24th October 2007, 12:49 AM
http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/katradhutamilfilmreview

MrJudge
24th October 2007, 10:18 AM
Billa audio release date confirm by producer.

AUDIO ON 15TH NOVEMBER
MOVIE RELEASE ON 30TH NOVEMBER

refer to dinakaran newspaper.

Yeah, also he confirms that the shooting is over and the post production special effects work is going on in Mumbai, no changes from the old Billa story. And the movie will have english subtitles for overseas prints.

Why can't they release the audio now? Why wait for 15th??

MrJudge
24th October 2007, 10:22 AM
So two more albums of Yuvan, Machchakkaran & Billa, within three weeks of time. :thumbsup: :bluejump:

rajasaranam
24th October 2007, 01:01 PM
Saththamaa sollaatheenga, Deva-nnu oruththar odi varuvaar Very Happy

Which deva????
If you are hinting about The MD deva then i can agree that he too was good in imitating Raaja in BGM's :)
But i recently came to understand that it was the work of Sabesh-Murali. Even this duo does good job in BGM as far as my observation goes, though they copy a lot they do commendable job in keeping up with the mood of the film.

k_vanan
24th October 2007, 01:30 PM
i am really hooked "arabhu naadu" songs. amazing composation by YSR. the songs still no. 1 and most requested at malaysian channels. looking forward for that type of composation in future from YSR.

viraajan
24th October 2007, 05:01 PM
Loose Penne was a diff and amazing tune, but spoiled coz of his voice and crazy lyrics.

Yesterday I listened to Vallavan after longtime, Loosu Penne and Vallavaa orchestrations are very innovative. Just concentratate on music alone and forget about the singing. I don't think anybody other than Yuvan can do such compositions. :2thumbsup:

I hope Simbu soon gets over his ladylove problems and does something different on screen.

i agree.

u1 is innovative. loose penne was simply amazing. beautifully orchestrated. i normally enjoy tune, rhythm, interludes, singer, lyrics and orchestration. am a person who enjoys the song if scores in any of the above said points. thats why am stil listening to Megam of KME even thoug it is a lack luster tune wise. i was irritated only with zimbu's voice in loose penne. now kettavan sample sounds more like loose penne!!! doesnt it? thats why i irritated!! may be i wil enjoy the song for its orchestration!!!

viraajan
24th October 2007, 05:08 PM

thats a good news. Jeeva-Priya!!! Good choosing!!! Whos the DIR???

MrJudge
24th October 2007, 05:14 PM
Which deva????
If you are hinting about The MD deva then i can agree that he too was good in imitating Raaja in BGM's :)
But i recently came to understand that it was the work of Sabesh-Murali. Even this duo does good job in BGM as far as my observation goes, though they copy a lot they do commendable job in keeping up with the mood of the film.

Aren't we talking about the best in Bgm not just good? Ofcourse Sabesh-Murali, deva are ok in the bgm dept, even Harris was decent in Minnale. In Ammuvagiya Naan, SM have done a decent job too. But after IR, Yuvan is the BEST in BGM.

viraajan
24th October 2007, 05:14 PM
any review on Machakaran!!!

MrJudge
24th October 2007, 05:16 PM

thats a good news. Jeeva-Priya!!! Good choosing!!! Whos the DIR???

New director Rajesh and, the movie is going to be produced by Vikatan group.

MrJudge
24th October 2007, 05:20 PM
[tscii:01ce76a99e]`Billa` on Nov 30?
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 24 October , 2007, 15:53
Vishnuvardhan has started post-production work of his ambitious Ajit starrer Billa- 2007. The entire shoot of the film is over, and cameraman Niraj Shah and Vishnu are sitting together, trying to work out the special effects for the film which has also a lot of graphic work.

Meanwhile Pyramid Saimira who has the Indian theatrical rights of the film is talking about a November 30 release of Billa, three weeks after Diwali and six weeks before Pongal. The audio of the film by Yuvan Shankar Raja is ready, and will be launched into the market after Diwali.

The film carries very good pre-release reports, and those who saw some rushes swear that Thalai looks smashing and absolutely stylish, along with the sexy babes- Nayanthara and Namitha.

The action scenes in the film have been choreographed by William Ang, Jackie Chan’s stuntman. The hype around the film will start after the Diwali releases. [/tscii:01ce76a99e]

inetk
24th October 2007, 09:36 PM
Machakkaaran is surprisingly good! Simple and trendy!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/10/24/machakkaran-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/

Sanjeevi
24th October 2007, 10:36 PM
Machakkaaran is surprisingly good! Simple and trendy!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/10/24/machakkaran-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/

IMO no chance for surprise because their previous album rocked

vasanth2006
24th October 2007, 11:26 PM
Inetk(Karthik),

Like sanjeevi, I also expected this album...

And I didnt expect vel album..... the final output is the same....:)

MrJudge
24th October 2007, 11:32 PM
Vasanth,

What do you think of Machakkaran album? liked it??

kamarajc
25th October 2007, 01:22 AM
am more of a fan of Yuvan sans Hari,tharungopi etc., Megam Megam (KMY) and Paravaiye (Kattradhu Tamizh) are simply outstanding and sure to lilt our hearts for a long time now. As you keep rocking, Yuvan.. please keep yourself away from Hari, tharungopi, Agaram blah blah blah. Thank God, you have never opened your doors for Perarasu.

NOV
25th October 2007, 06:16 AM
guys, please begin a new thread for new YSR albums.

mahen01
25th October 2007, 07:49 AM
Vel songs dissappoinging except Otrai kanala..

NOV
25th October 2007, 11:13 AM
Please continue here: http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=10617