PDA

View Full Version : YSR's New Albums - Version 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Kreedam
7th August 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi guys wait for BILLA the best musical of this year gonna come through BILLA and KETTAVAN 8-)

xml
7th August 2007, 07:43 PM
How is YSR's Thottal poo malarum

Sanjeevi
7th August 2007, 10:12 PM
Hot News

YSR is going to divorce his wife :shock:

Both had come to court and gave petition to break their marriage with mutual acceptance.

source : Maalai murasu

buggle
7th August 2007, 10:36 PM
Hot News

Both had come to court and gave petition to break their marriage with mutual acceptance.

Yes i think it's true..

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-07-02/07-08-07-yuvan-shankar-raja.html

Sanjeevi
8th August 2007, 12:01 PM
Entha nerathula "White Elephants" arambichanganu theriyala :wink:

First Aravindkrishna separated from friends group
Now prob between Yuvan and his wife

selvakumar
8th August 2007, 12:53 PM
Hot News

:shock:

sgmsin
8th August 2007, 01:07 PM
The Kollywood grapevine is abuzz with rumours about Yuvan?s break up with his wife, with allegations that it was the music director's lifestyle change and unprecedented success as a hotshot composer that led to the split. But we understand that it was Yuvan?s round-the-clock commitment to his work that led to tension at home, as Sujaya was far too demanding and craved for attention.

On the face of it there was no rancor or animosity between the two, as they were living together along with other members of the Ilayaraja family. They also went to court together in Yuvan's black Honda Accord to apply for divorce!

Now it looks like Sujaya may go back to London to her parents while Yuvan will have start life all over again on a different note

Sanjeevi
8th August 2007, 01:19 PM
க்ண்ணாமூச்சி ஏனடா - audio will be released on Aug 17

http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/08/stories/2007080859270200.htm

Sanjeevi
8th August 2007, 01:39 PM
Kevalapaduthama vidamAtAnga pola irukkae

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/august/080807a.asp

vigneshram
8th August 2007, 10:24 PM
Kevalapaduthama vidamAtAnga pola irukkae

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/august/080807a.asp

Disgusting to see our media people's attitude...

Peeping into celebrity's personal life.. If yuvan decides to file a divorce, it is his peronal decision... Media cooks up all sorts of idiotic reasons behind this split.
It was disheartening to see an evening daily's headlines that read "Ilaiyarajavin magan vivaagarathu"...

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/08/yuvans-split.html

raja_fan
9th August 2007, 12:46 PM
There is similarity between MSV and IR in personal front also.

MSV's son divorced Sulakshana. IR's son divorces Sujaya.

Sulakshana- Sujaya. Su-Su...:)

selvakumar
9th August 2007, 02:32 PM

ESKI ! :sigh2: :lol: :lol:

swathy
9th August 2007, 03:10 PM

:x

raja_fan
9th August 2007, 05:15 PM
selvakumar,

is it ESKI or EKSI ? :)

selvakumar
9th August 2007, 06:32 PM
selvakumar,

is it ESKI or EKSI ? :)
:oops: EKSI ! typo error :)

NOV
9th August 2007, 07:28 PM
ok pls. lets discuss (only) Yuvans music.

vigneshram
9th August 2007, 09:31 PM
BTW, Did any of you got to see the picturisation of Thottaal poo malarum's "Arabu naade" ? I nearly cried seeing its dumb and not at all appealing picturisation.

But the song is definitely a special one, very addictive and soul stirring. Especially the charanam part.
Due to plenty of requests from friends, I've uploaded the song in my blog..
You can find Arabu naade here

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/08/arabu-naade-wow-what-song.html

pratap
10th August 2007, 04:33 PM
I am not able to recollect when the songs come in that movie. I lost my ............... by seeing that movie.
Only i can remember in that movie is "Mugatthai Mudi Vaikkathe".
Forget about the movie....I like two songs in that movie.

hariprasadb23
11th August 2007, 01:56 PM
hi guys.kannamoochi enada from aug 17th

karthik_sa2
11th August 2007, 09:21 PM
Hot News

YSR is going to divorce his wife

wow!!!!thats awsome.. we can expect even better music from yuvan from now on :huh:

MrJudge
13th August 2007, 03:59 PM
Kannamochchi Yenada movie trailer is available at behindwoods, you can try the same at http://yuvan.wordpress.com

baba88
14th August 2007, 03:44 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/aUK98RXn1t.As1NMvHdW

pratap
14th August 2007, 03:23 PM
8-) I think, kannamuchi enada doesn't have special songs. :) Nila song may reach widely ! :roll: Waiting eagerly to hear the full songs.

xml
14th August 2007, 05:19 PM
Thottal poomalarum songs the best one.
YSR is at his best in TFM.
No one can give variety of albums like Yuvan in TFM.

vasanth2006
15th August 2007, 08:45 PM
Machakkaran album is going to release soon.... 8-)

MrJudge
16th August 2007, 10:55 AM

Do you know when? Tomorrow KMY will be released!

vasanth2006
16th August 2007, 01:18 PM

Do you know when? Tomorrow KMY will be released!

I dont know....but I have seen advertisement in dailies.....I guess next week....

itsmuls
16th August 2007, 01:37 PM
Yesterday in Sun TV, there was a programme on Machakkaran, Out of Two Songs played, One Song should be the Title Song starting with Thirunelveli.... was a typical Introduction Song of Jeevan, with female voice. Another song that was picturised with the Heroine had some good tune though it was played from player.

I think this album should be a promising one......

MrJudge
16th August 2007, 02:21 PM
itmuls:

I missed that program, but watched chennai-28 100th day function and SP special program on Vijay. SP's theme music was nice and Prithiviraj said that there were lot of scope for re-recording in the movie and have came out well.

karthik_sa2
17th August 2007, 11:06 AM
it was nice too see bharathiraja, balachandar, kamal all praising yuvan to the top.

Sanjeevi
17th August 2007, 11:18 AM
watched chennai-28 100th day function and SP special program on Vijay.

it was nice too see bharathiraja, balachandar, kamal all praising yuvan to the top.

But did you notice that yuvan was in sad mood. :wink: due to break in his marriage i guess.

Read this week kumudam, Yuvan's mother has said, Ilaiyaraja counseled to both Yuvan and his wife in separate times. Moreover she said, they will join again.

hariprasadb23
17th August 2007, 11:47 AM
kannamoochi enada album not released today.does anybody know when it will be released.

MrJudge
17th August 2007, 11:56 AM
But did you notice that yuvan was in sad mood. :wink: due to break in his marriage i guess.

When Dharani asked him to come to the stage and requested him to sing, he didn't say a word, just started singing without any enthu. At that time it was a secret, he must have been sad. Anyway I hope he solves his personal problems and puts behind him and moves forward with his career.

MrJudge
17th August 2007, 11:57 AM
kannamoochi enada album not released today.does anybody know when it will be released.

Not released today?? I thought I could get a CD this afternoon :(

k_vanan
17th August 2007, 12:34 PM
refer to sify.com.............audio release function on august 23

vasanth2006
17th August 2007, 07:29 PM
Read this week kumudam, Yuvan's mother has said, Ilaiyaraja counseled to both Yuvan and his wife in separate times. Moreover she said, they will join again.

They also mentioned like " kittathata NO 1 nilaiyilurukkum yuvan.....". yuvan has been improving.....

hariprasadb23
21st August 2007, 11:08 AM
i just heard a song from kannamoochi yenada in 92.7 fm.songs are going to be released on big fm.so we can hear songs in 92.7 often from now.

MrJudge
21st August 2007, 01:11 PM
i just heard a song from kannamoochi yenada in 92.7 fm.songs are going to be released on big fm.so we can hear songs in 92.7 often from now.

Yes, the album is released by Big Music (the audio company of Big FM).

selvakumar
22nd August 2007, 05:29 PM
Starting bits of Kannada song "Kariya I love you" sounds :cool2:
Great song ! :clap:

could you relate this song with yuvan's "Mun Paniya" song :cool:

Sanjeevi bro, I didn't see this one in Kannada Film Music thread :roll:
Well, on your question.
I would say : I HARDLY found any resemblance b/w these two songs IMO Infact, I would say Kariya I love u is better :oops:

raaja_rasigan
22nd August 2007, 07:44 PM
[tscii:c2ba23f1bf]இசை ரசிகர்களுக்கு சென்ற வாரம் கிடைத்த ஒரு அதிர்ச்சி செய்தி. யுவன்ஷங்கர் ராஜா டைவர்ஸ் செய்யப் போகிறார். தமிழ் இசையுலகில் கிட்டத்தட்ட நம்பர் 1 நிலையிலிருக்கும் யுவன்சங்கருக்கு என்ன ஆயிற்று? திரையுலக விழா எதுவானாலும், தன் மனைவியுடன் உற்சாகமாய் கலந்துகொள்ளும் யுவன் சுஜயா ஜோடிக்குள் பிரிவு என்பது எல்லோருக்கும் அதிர்ச்சிதான். என்ன நடந்தது?

‘‘கண் திருஷ்டிதான் சொல்லணும். அவங்க ரெண்டு பேரும் விழாக்கள்ல ஜோடியா கலந்துக்கறதும் சந்தோஷமா சிரிச்சி பேசிக்கிட்டிருந்ததும் திருஷ்டியாய்டுச்சு’’ என்கிறார், இளையராஜாவின் குடும்பத்துக்கு வேண்டிய நண்பர் ஒருவர்.

கண் திருஷ்டி மட்டுமல்ல, யுவனின் மிக பிஸியான இசை வாழ்க்கையும் இவர்களின் பிரிவுக்குக் காரணமாக அமைந்துவிட்டது.

‘‘இப்ப யுவன்ஷங்கர்ராஜா ரொம்ப பிஸியா இருக்கார். ராத்திரி பகல்னு இசையமைப்பு வேலையிலேயே இருக்கிறார். இதனால மனைவியைக் கவனிச்சுக்க முடியலை. குடும்பம் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட நிகழ்ச்சிக்கோ, விழாக்களுக்கோ அவங்களோடு போக முடியலை. இதுல சுஜயாவுக்கு ரொம்ப வருத்தம். இதுவே அவங்க பிரிவுக்குக் காரணமாயிடுச்சு’’ என்கிறார் இன்னொரு குடும்ப நண்பர்.

இளையராஜாவின் மனைவி ஜீவாவிடம் பேசினோம். மிகுந்த வருத்தத்துடன் நம்முடன் பேசினார்.

‘‘என்ன சொல்றது? விளையாட்டா கல்யாணம் பண்ணாங்க. விளையாட்டுபோல பிரியறோம்னு சொல்றாங்க. தனிக்குடித்தனம் வச்சது தான் தப்பாப் போச்சு. எங்களுடனே இருந்திருந்தா இந்தப் பிரச்னைலாம் வந்திருக்காது. கார்த்திக்ராஜா எங்க கூடவே இருக்கறதுனால பிரச்னையே வந்ததில்லை. யுவனையும் மருமகளையும் அவர் கூப்பிட்டுப் பேசி அறிவுரை சொல்லியிருக்கிறார். இன்னும் டைம் இருக்கு. கண்டிப்பா அவங்க திரும்ப சேர்ந்துடுவாங்க. நாங்க பிரச்னைகளைத் தீர்த்து சேர்த்து வச்சுடுவோம். இதெல்லாம் ரொம்ப சின்ன பிரச்னைகள் இதுக்குப்போய் இவ்வளவு பெரிய முடிவு எடுக்கக்கூடாது. சின்னஞ்சிறுசுக விளையாட்டுத்தனமாக இருக்காங்க. செய்தி எழுதும்போது எதுவும் தப்பா எழுதிடாதீங்க. அவங்க மனசு கஷ்டப்படும்’’ என்று ஒரு தாயின் பரிவோடு சொல்கிறார் ஜீவா இளையராஜா.

பிரிந்த ஜோடி மீண்டும் இணையட்டும். இசைக் கட்டும்..

:kumudam:[/tscii:c2ba23f1bf]

Sanjeevi
23rd August 2007, 10:58 AM
heard "Kannamoochi" song from Kannamoochi Enada. I like this song. It is look like "Maapillaikku Maaman Manasu" kind stuff (not copy). Kudos to U1 :)

rajasaranam
23rd August 2007, 01:35 PM
dont know when U1 is gonna stop this Remix stuff! Again in Kannamoochi Enada movie he has remixed 'Andru Vanthathum Athey Nila' Che che che.... Why does he bend to the directors request for copying/remixing songs when he has got the talent/ ability to churn good original nos. is a million dollar question :(

Sanjeevi
23rd August 2007, 01:52 PM
I think he does not have awareness. Yuvana suthi irukkura kootam appadi, remix priyargal, see how Premji did RR to Chennai-28, We heard song remix he done RR remix :lol: from Apoorva sagatharargal, Man vasanai, etc, etc.

karthik_sa2
23rd August 2007, 05:45 PM
heard two songs from "kannamoochi aenada" on 92.7 dhina fm it was refeshing. i wonder how he is always able to come with refreshing songs in evrey album amidst personal probs and no of film he works per year. amazing!!! didn hear the remix song but the song is meant for satyaraj and maybe satyaraj himself would have wanted that remix rather than the director.

rajasaranam
24th August 2007, 01:03 PM
I think he does not have awareness. Yuvana suthi irukkura kootam appadi, remix priyargal, see how Premji did RR to Chennai-28, We heard song remix he done RR remix :lol: from Apoorva sagatharargal, Man vasanai, etc, etc.

Even that we can accept as he had done it for a comical purpose! and also to induce some nostalgia. Using IR's songs and BGM's in movies is very high nowadays. If you had observed some of the movies that were made post 2000's there were many instances wherein His songs and BGM's were used for love scenes Heroic scenes Etc., this shows that the current crop of MD's are not able to match IR in terms of quality work and they revert back to IR's music :wink:

Sanjeevi
24th August 2007, 01:16 PM

Even that we can accept as he had done it for a comical purpose! and also to induce some nostalgia. Using IR's songs and BGM's in movies is very high nowadays. If you had observed some of the movies that were made post 2000's there were many instances wherein His songs and BGM's were used for love scenes Heroic scenes Etc., this shows that the current crop of MD's are not able to match IR in terms of quality work and they revert back to IR's music :wink:

No need to mention TV serial's Background music. They are just copy from IR films & paste into serials

itsmuls
24th August 2007, 01:39 PM
IS YUVAN GETTING INTRODUCED IN HINDI FM ?

Sify says

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14515683

Selvaraghavan was the cynosure of all eyes at the audio launch of Radaan's Kannanmoochi Enadaa. He is doing his first Hindi film with Radaan and UTV as producers and the chief guest of the evening Vivek Oberoi as the hero.

Vivek in his speech raved about Selva, whom he said was introduced to him by the master director Mani Ratnam. Vivek said Mani introduced him as "the most promising young director in Tamil films". And after he saw his works, he became a big fan of "Selva Anna".

Vivek Oberoi made Selva's day when he proclaimed that he is a "true Rock star"! Selva plans to start work on the Hindi version of 7G, Rainbow Colony by December, after he completes his Aayirathil Oruvan in Tamil.

Selva is now on the lookout for a Bollywood actress who can emote well to play the crucial role done by his wife Sonia Aggarwal in the original. It is almost certain that his pal Yuvan Shankar Raja would debut in Hindi as a music director, with the Hindi version of his soul stirring 7G Rainbow Colony scores. Ramji who is now doing his Tamil film is the frontrunner to do the camera.

Says Ronnie Screwala of UTV: "I think Selvaraghavan is one of the most promising young directors in the country. There will be some nativity changes in the Hindi version of 7G Rainbow Colony, like Mumbai milieu but let me tell you Vivek and Selva are going to be a winning combination."

----------------------
BUT SOME TIMES BACK, IT WAS REPORTED THAT SELVA WILL BE JOING ARR

Shankar
24th August 2007, 02:06 PM
>>>>
song remix he done RR remix from Apoorva sagatharargal, Man vasanai, etc, etc.
<<<<

chennai-28 had a brilliant situation based score !! The reuse of nayagan, Apoorva, maN vAsanai rocked !! This premji seems to be a person of some substance.

rajasaranam
24th August 2007, 04:06 PM
No need to mention TV serial's Background music. They are just copy from IR films & paste into serials

Angaeyum Ippa Raaja Vara poaraar then they will not have the need to copy from his films they will directly have reference material for serials :lol:

Sanjeevi
24th August 2007, 05:08 PM
>>>>
song remix he done RR remix from Apoorva sagatharargal, Man vasanai, etc, etc.
<<<<

chennai-28 had a brilliant situation based score !! The reuse of nayagan, Apoorva, maN vAsanai rocked !! This premji seems to be a person of some substance.

I agree :)

app_engine
25th August 2007, 02:00 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/33173.html

IR singing for YSR again...Is this becoming one more "IR sentiment"? (nandhA, pattiyal, paruthi veeran...)

viraajan
25th August 2007, 06:42 PM
heard two songs from "kannamoochi aenada" on 92.7 dhina fm it was refeshing. i wonder how he is always able to come with refreshing songs in evrey album amidst personal probs and no of film he works per year. amazing!!! didn hear the remix song but the song is meant for satyaraj and maybe satyaraj himself would have wanted that remix rather than the director.

how were the songs karthick? have been eagerly waiting for this album. hope u1 has given at least 3 melodies in this album as what he did in Kanda Nal Mudhal of same team!!!

viraajan
25th August 2007, 06:47 PM

Sify says

Selvaraghavan was the cynosure of all eyes at the audio launch of Radaan's Kannanmoochi Enadaa. He is doing his first Hindi film with Radaan and UTV as producers and the chief guest of the evening Vivek Oberoi as the hero.

Vivek in his speech raved about Selva, whom he said was introduced to him by the master director Mani Ratnam. Vivek said Mani introduced him as "the most promising young director in Tamil films". And after he saw his works, he became a big fan of "Selva Anna".

Vivek Oberoi made Selva's day when he proclaimed that he is a "true Rock star"! Selva plans to start work on the Hindi version of 7G, Rainbow Colony by December, after he completes his Aayirathil Oruvan in Tamil.

Selva is now on the lookout for a Bollywood actress who can emote well to play the crucial role done by his wife Sonia Aggarwal in the original. It is almost certain that his pal Yuvan Shankar Raja would debut in Hindi as a music director, with the Hindi version of his soul stirring 7G Rainbow Colony scores. Ramji who is now doing his Tamil film is the frontrunner to do the camera.

Says Ronnie Screwala of UTV: "I think Selvaraghavan is one of the most promising young directors in the country. There will be some nativity changes in the Hindi version of 7G Rainbow Colony, like Mumbai milieu but let me tell you Vivek and Selva are going to be a winning combination."

----------------------

yeah, it was said that arr wil be the md. i was let down when i heard the news. thank god. it is certainly u1. thats a real challenge for u1 to succeed in hindi. if he does, then he s the real ROCKER!!!!

viraajan
25th August 2007, 06:49 PM

Sify says

----------------------

yeah, it was said that arr wil be the md. i was let down when i heard the news. thank god. it is certainly u1. thats a real challenge for u1 to succeed in hindi. if he does, then he s the real ROCKER!!!!

Sanjeevi
26th August 2007, 11:41 AM
Kannamoochi Enada album is not available in stores such as landmark, music world.

stupid BIG FM :evil:

Sudurathuthan best

hariprasadb23
26th August 2007, 03:17 PM
yeah i agree.nowadays music albums r not available even on second day.i dont know whom to blame.
i got cd on 3rd day.
songs r good.
my choice is megam megam and sanjaram.

hariprasadb23
26th August 2007, 03:21 PM
it seems hari charan has got into good books of yuvan like vijay yesudas.
eg. arabu naade;megam megam;nd in live concert of satham podathey he sang all songs

inetk
26th August 2007, 07:55 PM
Pretty impressive! Here's the 100!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/08/26/kannamoochi-yenada-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/

MrJudge
26th August 2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah, don't know what took so long for them to have the albums in the stores? The packaging is neat though.

Shankar Mahadevan has sung 3 songs out of 5, sanjaram is easily the pick of the album. The album's feel is similar to KNM. Is this because of the lady director??

MrJudge
27th August 2007, 02:16 PM
All songs are good and another winner from Yuvan!

Music4Ever
27th August 2007, 08:36 PM
Had a chance to watch the Arabu Naade song on Youtube. The picturization complements the eminently listenable number very well. The tune, though, reeks of the one-and-only Ilayaraja. The music is trendy, as good as any in the market, and Yuvan has adorned the number well with nice chorus, hey heys, hos, yeah yeah yeah yeah, etc. The Lahi la lahi la bit is great too. The lyrics degenerate a bit in the second paragraph though. I enjoyed the song. Well done, Yuvan.

MrJudge
27th August 2007, 10:41 PM
I think SP is a poorly recorded album from Yuvan. KME has smooth recording and if only SP had similar treatment, the album would have sounded awesome. Entha kuthiraiyil, pesugiren still rock though, and those noises in the azhagu kutti chellam just irritates me so much!

popeye11
28th August 2007, 05:39 AM
Kannamoochi Enada gives the feel good effect on the first listening.. Yuvan in fine form

Sanjaram is mindblowing, Megam Megam is a clever rehash of Yuvan's Nuvenna from RAAM(telugu).

Sanjeevi
28th August 2007, 12:05 PM
decent attempt by yuvan

http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/kannamoochi-yenada-music-review

vasanth2006
28th August 2007, 01:07 PM
I think SP is a poorly recorded album from Yuvan. KME has smooth recording and if only SP had similar treatment, the album would have sounded awesome. Entha kuthiraiyil, pesugiren still rock though, and those noises in the azhagu kutti chellam just irritates me so much!

Judge, I feel SP has the decent recording except "azhaku kutti" which has plenty of noice.

MrJudge
28th August 2007, 01:25 PM
Judge, I feel SP has the decent recording except "azhaku kutti" which has plenty of noice.

Yeah, may be "decent". Please listen to KME. It has a smooth feel but SP is sub-standard IMO. But on the screen in promos, SP sounded good though, something went wrong in the album.

viraajan
28th August 2007, 02:07 PM
Kannamoochi song is not so good megam song is good and have not lisetent to the rest.
sanjaram is extra-ordinary i heard. let me listen asap.
it is just an above avg album by u1. i am expecting an album like 7g, KNM, RAAM with atleast 3+ good nos.

its u1's habit it seems, delivering 2 good tracks out of 6 in an album!!! :(

karthik_sa2
28th August 2007, 07:16 PM
hi veerarajan,
am yet to buyKME ... so not sure about other songs...but let me buy the cd and give u my review on it.....

karthik_sa2
28th August 2007, 07:20 PM
judge,
u r very much right.. even i felt irritated on hearing the beats of azhagu kutti.. i have always felt the recording quality or clarity for most of yuvan's albums very poor compared to harris. most of the songs would have been a lot better with better recording standards...

MrJudge
28th August 2007, 11:00 PM
judge,
u r very much right.. even i felt irritated on hearing the beats of azhagu kutti.. i have always felt the recording quality or clarity for most of yuvan's albums very poor compared to harris. most of the songs would have been a lot better with better recording standards...

I don't think all of Yuvan's albums are poor in recording. Harris uses different technique and Yuvan's style is different. It is kind of Club/Techno style, these genres have his style of recording and I like it. He should keep his style but should take care of not allowing any hisses.

MrJudge
29th August 2007, 01:11 PM
Vishu's Sarvam will be revived with Arya after his Billa 2007. So one more movie for Yuvan on the pipeline.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/33278.html

rajasaranam
29th August 2007, 02:56 PM
Listened Kannamoochi yenada: Another Winner From Yuvan, An instantly likeable album from Him. Listening to the short version of 'Andru vanthathum' I thought it as remix but after listening to it now it's a retuned and reworked track like 'Thottal poo malarum' done by ARR. Very good work by yuvan. He is becoming more and more versatile composer with experimenting in many genres. Hope he continues this way and keep himself apart from Remixing anymore :)

Vaz
29th August 2007, 03:17 PM
Just heard Kannamoochi... clearly it is good album by YSR.
Sanjaram is just too good... Kannamoochi with that classical touch is also very nice...

What I appreciate with Yuvan is his ability to provide most of the time "new" sounds different from his earlier albums... but at the same time very appealing... So I'm becoming more and more a fan of his music... though I was disappointed with SP given the track record director Vasanth has with different music directors he has worked with... Feel that it is not really on par with previous Vasanth's movie soundtracks...

Another good thing with YSR is that he does not limit himself to one or two movies per year... which enables me to listen to some good music during the drought period prevailing between two ARR albums...

A.ANAND
29th August 2007, 04:41 PM
[tscii:e929839c2c]Harris rules!

By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 29 August , 2007, 10:30

The audio sale of ‘Chiyaan?Vikram’s Bheema is very impressive. It has displaced Sivaji as the number one in sales and on ‘Radio Mirchi?countdown!
This is Harris power in the audio market. Says a top music label chief: “Harris is definitely the number one music composer in Tamil cinema, basically because he takes time over his compositions and has something new in each album which catches the imagination of the listeners.?P> In Bheema album, the number which has caught the masses is Rangu Rangamma?/I>, the Kailash Kher, Vijay Yesudas and Swarnalatha which is said to be the item song in the film. What has made it popular is the drum beats in the beginning, which is awesome as a crescendo is built for the song.

The pick of the audio for Harris fans is Ragasiya Kanuvukal?/I> and Muthal Mazhai?/I>, both lilting melodies which may top the charts later, once the song video of the film appears on television. Harris does a lot of homework, before the final mixing. When we spoke to Vikram he says that all the songs are his favourite though Muthal Mazhai?/I> is his pick.

What really makes Harris tick is that he does not take too many assignments at the same time. He picks and chooses his films and directors, and is very particular that he vibes with them. Remember Harris has just three films on hand at the moment- Vaaranam Aayiram, Sathyam, Dhaam Dhoom, while other music directors at any given time commits to 10 or 12 films at a time!

How can quality music evolve if you compose for 50 songs a year? Harris` policy of doing very few films at the same time being the costliest music director in Tamil has paid off in a big way!

[/tscii:e929839c2c]

selvakumar
29th August 2007, 05:03 PM
:confused2:
Anand - Idha aen inga post pannureenga :roll:

A.ANAND
29th August 2007, 05:07 PM
ANTHA ARTICAL-LA YSR-YUM 'SIDE KUTTU'KUTTARA MATHIRI VARUTHU,ANTHA YSR FANS ENNA SOLLARANNGA INNU PAPPOM!!!

Sanjeevi
29th August 2007, 05:09 PM
Muthalla movie veli varuthaanu parkalam

Court given stay order

And Vijay kanth too against the producer

Cinefan
29th August 2007, 05:54 PM

Court given stay order

Which movie are you talking about :confused2:

Sanjeevi
29th August 2007, 06:20 PM

Court given stay order

Which movie are you talking about :confused2:

Bheema

viraajan
30th August 2007, 11:13 AM
[tscii:539843d6c9]Harris rules!

The audio sale of ‘Chiyaan?Vikram’s Bheema is very impressive. It has displaced Sivaji as the number one in sales and on ‘Radio Mirchi?countdown!
This is Harris power in the audio market. Says a top music label chief: “Harris is definitely the number one music composer in Tamil cinema, basically because he takes time over his compositions and has something new in each album which catches the imagination of the listeners.?P> In Bheema album, the number which has caught the masses is Rangu Rangamma?/I>, the Kailash Kher, Vijay Yesudas and Swarnalatha which is said to be the item song in the film. What has made it popular is the drum beats in the beginning, which is awesome as a crescendo is built for the song.

The pick of the audio for Harris fans is Ragasiya Kanuvukal?/I> and Muthal Mazhai?/I>, both lilting melodies which may top the charts later, once the song video of the film appears on television. Harris does a lot of homework, before the final mixing. When we spoke to Vikram he says that all the songs are his favourite though Muthal Mazhai?/I> is his pick.

What really makes Harris tick is that he does not take too many assignments at the same time. He picks and chooses his films and directors, and is very particular that he vibes with them. Remember Harris has just three films on hand at the moment- Vaaranam Aayiram, Sathyam, Dhaam Dhoom, while other music directors at any given time commits to 10 or 12 films at a time!

How can quality music evolve if you compose for 50 songs a year? Harris` policy of doing very few films at the same time being the costliest music director in Tamil has paid off in a big way!

[/tscii:539843d6c9]

very nice comment anand. am an avid fan of yuvan. am just a fan of harris. but i totally agree in ur comment that harris does only 3 or 4 movies a yr but u1 8 - 10 movies a yr which is the main reason why his albums lack quality. he could deliver only 2 quality songs per album.

But,

no one can deny the fact that when it comes to innovation, diff sytle of music, harris is far behind u1. in terms of BGM also. harris delivers very good album onece in 4 months, but how many of htem are unique. but u1 stands unique in each and every album.
KME songs did not resemble his SP album. SP did not resemble CH28 album CH28 did not resemble Deepavali album

take harris, Pachai kili resembled VV, Unnale unnale was quite good. but not so unique. June ponal songs had been lifted from All Rise - Blue.

so i always stand for u1. as a whole, u1 gives 10-15 good songs a yr. harris manages to give 6-8 a yr.

ur expert comments pls!!!

viraajan
30th August 2007, 11:18 AM
judge,

I don't think all of Yuvan's albums are poor in recording. Harris uses different technique and Yuvan's style is different. It is kind of Club/Techno style, these genres have his style of recording and I like it. He should keep his style but should take care of not allowing any hisses.

u r right judge. u1 is better in providing recording quality than harris. u1 unnecessarily includes some beats which does not suit the tune or rhythm is wt my comment. eg, yaro song of ch-28 had a very good tune but accompanied with very poor beats which resulted in Noise. azhagu kutti is another eg.

viraajan
30th August 2007, 11:25 AM
[tscii:a8ba962207]Harris rules!

[/tscii:a8ba962207]

Anand,

Sathyam has music by Yuvan.

http://www.actorvishal.com/sathyam.html

check it out.

sehnthan
30th August 2007, 01:53 PM
where can i listen to KME songs online ?

A.ANAND
30th August 2007, 01:53 PM
[tscii:32661a910c]Harris rules!

[/tscii:32661a910c]

very nice comment anand. am an avid fan of yuvan. am just a fan of harris. but i totally agree in ur comment that harris does only 3 or 4 movies a yr but u1 8 - 10 movies a yr which is the main reason why his albums lack quality. he could deliver only 2 quality songs per album.

But,

no one can deny the fact that when it comes to innovation, diff sytle of music, harris is far behind u1. in terms of BGM also. harris delivers very good album onece in 4 months, but how many of htem are unique. but u1 stands unique in each and every album.
KME songs did not resemble his SP album. SP did not resemble CH28 album CH28 did not resemble Deepavali album

take harris, Pachai kili resembled VV, Unnale unnale was quite good. but not so unique. June ponal songs had been lifted from All Rise - Blue.

so i always stand for u1. as a whole, u1 gives 10-15 good songs a yr. harris manages to give 6-8 a yr.

mr.viraajan,harris is md 4 sathyam not ysr.-i'm not 'anti harris'he is good composer.each his every album 1 or 2songs-avathu supera irukkum.cachy beat,rhtham,tune,loops,weird sound.ithallem okethan,ana ethaiye ethanai naalaikuthan kekkarathu!!! [salichi pochu]90'sla rehman panna athey 'formula'.songs la oru freshness vendama ?athukku ysr far better than hj.no doubt ysr is no.1 md in tfm now.because u1 -than neraya movie pannarar,varusathukku 3 padam panna eppadi harris no.1 md=ya irukka mudiyum? logic illaye!

viraajan
30th August 2007, 03:13 PM
[tscii:e6cc8b97cf]Harris rules!

[/tscii:e6cc8b97cf]

But,

mr.viraajan,harris is md 4 sathyam not ysr.-i'm not 'anti harris'he is good composer.each his every album 1 or 2songs-avathu supera irukkum.cachy beat,rhtham,tune,loops,weird sound.ithallem okethan,ana ethaiye ethanai naalaikuthan kekkarathu!!! [salichi pochu]90'sla rehman panna athey 'formula'.songs la oru freshness vendama ?athukku ysr far better than hj.no doubt ysr is no.1 md in tfm now.because u1 -than neraya movie pannarar,varusathukku 3 padam panna eppadi harris no.1 md=ya irukka mudiyum? logic illaye!

anand,

did u check the link had given. its ysr for sathyam. i got this info from vishal's official website. 8-)
from ur reply, it is very clear that u have assumed that am a fan of harris. not at all. :x

as i had mentioned earlier i am a craziest fan of yuvan and just a normal fan of harris. as my signature says am a lover of good music. no matter who composes the tune. but when it comes to fav, i have to choose one. u1 wud be my choice.

hope i have made myself clear.:)

u1 rocks!!! and undoubtedly yuvan wil be the MD of the year 2007!!! :)

viraajan
30th August 2007, 03:17 PM
[tscii:e14b3ca8c1]Harris rules!

[/tscii:e14b3ca8c1]

But,

hey anand,

check out this link.

http://www.actorvishal.com/sathyam_news.html

got it again from vishal's site. themselvses they are confused it seems :?

why should we come to a conclusion :)

let them conclude it :lol:

A.ANAND
30th August 2007, 03:23 PM
mr.viraajan,enakku therinja varaikkum harris jayaraj is md 4 satyham.i got this news from dinakaran.com

ezy0265
30th August 2007, 06:32 PM
Can someone please post some samples or tell where to listen online for KME? We have yet to get CDs here.

Thanks

Sanjeevi
30th August 2007, 07:09 PM
check mp3nmore.com

MrJudge
30th August 2007, 07:11 PM
I think Yuvan is not doing Sathyam. Earlier reports said that he was doing it but Harris's name was popped up in one of Vishal's interviews when he was talking about Sathyam.

MrJudge
30th August 2007, 07:14 PM
Can someone please post some samples or tell where to listen online for KME? We have yet to get CDs here.

Thanks

I have uploaded songs in real audio format (low quality though) at http://yuvan.wordpress.com

ezy0265
30th August 2007, 07:14 PM
Dear Sanjeevi,

R u replying to me? I can't see any mp3s there....

Sanjeevi
30th August 2007, 07:33 PM
Sorry ezy0265,
I can't remember exact name

you can also check here

http://www.yamsonline.com/mp3Page/index.html

but still no KNE

muzammil_fr
30th August 2007, 07:33 PM
Kannamoochi Yaenada 320 Kbps Songs Available Here
http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18906
Enjoy YSR Fans.

buggle
30th August 2007, 11:27 PM
Ameer tryin to help YSR..

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-07-05/30-08-07-ameer.html

Sanjeevi
31st August 2007, 11:32 AM
Happy birthday yuvan :)

hariprasadb23
31st August 2007, 02:12 PM
happy birthday yuvan

vasanth2006
31st August 2007, 06:20 PM
Many many happy returns of the day yuvan.......

viraajan
31st August 2007, 08:40 PM
I think Yuvan is not doing Sathyam. Earlier reports said that he was doing it but Harris's name was popped up in one of Vishal's interviews when he was talking about Sathyam.

u r right judge. just this eve i got it confirmed. he said it in an interview in vikatan. its harris!!!

Sanjeevi
31st August 2007, 11:50 PM
I think Vishal attacks yuvan indirectly in AV? :roll:

kavin
1st September 2007, 04:06 AM
I just cannot imagine that TN is wagging its tail to ' rangu rangamma'

karthik_sa2
1st September 2007, 11:05 AM
happy birthday yuvan!!! guys it was my birthday too yesterday... what a coincidence!! :roll:

rajasaranam
1st September 2007, 12:20 PM
Belated b'day wishes to both Yuvan and Karthik :)

Sanjeevi
1st September 2007, 02:47 PM
Sanjaram is amazing and Megam rocks

vasanth2006
1st September 2007, 03:17 PM
happy birthday yuvan!!! guys it was my birthday too yesterday... what a coincidence!! :roll:

karthik, Belated wishes to you.....

itsmuls
1st September 2007, 03:21 PM
[tscii:32f4f8b992]Best Music Director Award to Yuvan for Vallavan

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-07-05/31-08-07-namitha.html

Spell Bound, an organization for dancers; felicitate film personalities every year with awards for various categories. This year (read last year), the prestigious ‘Kanavu Devathai’ award goes to Namitha. According to the organisers, Namitha has captured the hearts of her fans with her provocative acting skills and hence she deserved the award.

‘Film news’ Anandan, S. N. Lakshmi and ‘Kaaka’ Radhakrishnan will be given a special award for their lifetime achievement in the film industry.

Others who will be honoured at the function to be held on Sunday are:

Veyil - Best movie
Unakkum Enakkum - Best movie (Special category)
Imsai Arasan 23 Pulikesi - Best movie (Special category)
‘Jeyam’ Ravi - Best actor - Unakkum Enakkum
Jenelia - Best actress - Chennai Kadhal
Bharath - Best actor (Special category) - Em Magan
Saranya - Best character actress - Em Magan
Pasupathi - Best character actor - Veyil
Yuvan Shankar Raja - Best music director - Vallavan
Ravivarman - Best cinematographer - Vettayadu Vilayadu
Na. Muthu Kumar - Best lyricist
Simbu Devan - Best Story writer - Imsai Arasan 23 Pulikesi
Thirumurugan - Best dialogues - Em Magan
Vasanthabalan - Best director - Veyil[/tscii:32f4f8b992]

karthik_sa2
1st September 2007, 03:59 PM
thank u rajasaranam and vasanth :)

MrJudge
1st September 2007, 04:50 PM
Hey, Karthik my belated wishes...

MrJudge
1st September 2007, 04:52 PM
[tscii:0886c62b7a]Spell Bound, an organization for dancers; felicitate film personalities every year with awards for various categories. [/tscii:0886c62b7a]

alaalukku award kudukka arambichitaangaiya arambichitaanunga :banghead:

krish244
1st September 2007, 05:10 PM
I like Megam & Sanjaram! Haricharan is impressive. Good to see another competent singer. I find his voice similar to Karthik and at times borders on Sonu Nigam's style (the way he sings the second charanam).

thanks,

Krishnan

viraajan
1st September 2007, 05:11 PM

i do think the same :(

lets not care for the crap, bullshit words of him!!!

viraajan
1st September 2007, 05:15 PM
[tscii:9c42fc5f1d]Spell Bound, an organization for dancers; felicitate film personalities every year with awards for various categories. [/tscii:9c42fc5f1d]

alaalukku award kudukka arambichitaangaiya arambichitaanunga :banghead:

nice comment judge :D

still, recognition should always be appreciated :wink:

recognition is always a recognition even if its given by a small org, assn.

viraajan
1st September 2007, 05:20 PM
I just cannot imagine that TN is wagging its tail to ' rangu rangamma'

what is this comment for kavin?

i dont ustand. can u explain?

karthik_sa2
1st September 2007, 05:26 PM
thanks judge... :)

MrJudge
1st September 2007, 05:42 PM

Vidhya,

I don't mind Vishal doing movies with Harris or anybody else, let him do it. From his answers, it looks like a money issue than a quality issue. Yuvan's name was in the first official ad. Yuvan started charging 1 crore per movie recently, since Sathyam is his home production and they want to cut out the cost, they would have opted for Harris for less-money. But he doesn't have to open his big mouth about this issue in public.

MrJudge
1st September 2007, 05:49 PM

Yeah, recognition for an artist is a good thing. But to me all this looks like a publicity stunt. After all how do we get to know these spellbound people otherwise? If they truly want to recognise the talents, shouldn't they just recognise their own people, I mean dancers alone. :roll:

popeye11
1st September 2007, 11:03 PM

Vidhya,

I don't mind Vishal doing movies with Harris or anybody else, let him do it. From his answers, it looks like a money issue than a quality issue. Yuvan's name was in the first official ad. Yuvan started charging 1 crore per movie recently, since Sathyam is his home production and they want to cut out the cost, they would have opted for Harris for less-money. But he doesn't have to open his big mouth about this issue in public.

Judge,

Could you please post what vishal mentioned about U1?

dinesh2002
2nd September 2007, 07:25 AM

Vidhya,

Judge,

Could you please post what vishal mentioned about U1?

yea...wut did he say??? :?

and BTW..... Sanjaram - Kannamoochi Yennada is simply mind blowing...the poweful & catchy beats, Madhushree & Shankar M. 's vocals.... the second interlude which has Madhushree's vocal programmed in a weird way was simply WOW [2:41 - 2:56 ]:D :shock:

Superb machi.... :D

hariprasadb23
2nd September 2007, 11:19 AM
saw in the papers today
satham podathey movie releasing on sep 14th

tamil MA audio to be released soon.

hariprasadb23
2nd September 2007, 11:21 AM
belated happy birthday karthick

pratap
2nd September 2007, 01:52 PM
Vishal might have forgetten his past friendship with yuvan !

Vishal talked about u1 in all his media talk before and made a image that he is a friend of yuvan. This is the first time vishal talking about some other MD. So only we got a feel....

Vishal is just a actor. Wait .. again one day he will talk about yuvan.

I am still searching for KME Audio CD. Poor distribution!?

MrJudge
3rd September 2007, 11:50 AM
Vishal's Q&A came out in AV:

Q: Generally, aren't the songs always helpful to you?

A: Harris Jeyaraj is always my favorite. After he heard the story of Sathyam, he was so happy and said "this movie will make me work hard". This is his 25th movie. Money is not the first criteria for Harris. He approaches music as a fan and he does it very emotionally involved. This is the reason for his success and giving more excellent songs.

MrJudge
3rd September 2007, 11:53 AM
After reading the above comment, I thought he was indirectly attacking Yuvan for money issue. Are we interpreting it too much??? may be or may be not :)

app_engine
3rd September 2007, 11:58 AM
If he has booked YSR for Satyam first , then changed to HJ and now give this interview, it's pretty obvious that he had money-tussle with YSR...no need to guess:-)

MrJudge
3rd September 2007, 12:03 PM

Dig:

TN government has given its "kalaimaamani" awards to Simbu, Trisha etc this year. A few people (you know whom I am talking about) received Doctorate from MGR university recently. All honorary things and awards have become like a annathaanam in TN nowadays :lol:

karthik_sa2
3rd September 2007, 12:05 PM
hi hari prasad
thanks for ur wishes.....

vishal is a crap.. if he minds on giving money he shd probably forget about quality music in his movies

littlemaster1982
3rd September 2007, 08:06 PM

A: Harris Jeyaraj is always my favorite. After he heard the story of Sathyam, he was so happy and said "this movie will make me work hard". This is his 25th movie. Money is not the first criteria for Harris. He approaches music as a fan and he does it very emotionally involved. This is the reason for his success and giving more excellent songs.

Don't take AV interviews seriously. They have a template for interviews and they just change the technician names accordingly :D

selvakumar
4th September 2007, 10:00 AM

Vareehhhhhh Vaaahh ! :lol: :lol:
I am sure this is not the guy who praised YSR like anything in coffee with Anu :rotfl:
It would be better IF YSR pays this back to VISHAL
I can even tolerate / apprecaite SIMBU since he has a better music sense except his love for his father's songs.
But this VISHAL :twisted: :x

ajaybaskar
4th September 2007, 03:54 PM

I am sure this is not the guy who praised YSR like anything in coffee with Anu :rotfl:
I can even tolerate / apprecaite SIMBU since he has a better music sense except his love for his father's songs.

Kaariyam nadakkanumna naanaga enna venumnaalum pannuvom.... :lol:

Vaz
4th September 2007, 05:10 PM
I don't think this Vishal interview thing should be taken this seriously... Just remember what Shankar said during the Anniyan period about Harris and his music....

So the situation is such that for whatever reason HJ is the MD for Sathyam... so Vishal HAS to praise HJ... In fact when working on movie, and more so when you are working for your home banner, it is only normal to praise the people who are working in it...

I'm sure Vishal will work again with Yuvan...

MADDY
4th September 2007, 06:36 PM
ippayavadhu Vishal-a pathhi therinjikitta seri u1 fans :D

btw, listened to sanjaram from kannamoochi yenada.....awesome......u1 has really won people's hearts this year -

Thaaliye theva illa(Thaamirabarani)
ayyayyo (PV)
chennai-28 songs
arabu naade (TPM)
and now sanjaram(Kannamoochi....) :clap:

somehow, didnt like sathham podaadhey songs :roll:

popeye11
4th September 2007, 11:32 PM

Thanks Judge~

inetk
5th September 2007, 09:45 AM
I really do not understand what Vishal said that may have allusions to Yuvan! He talked about a composer he has signed and there's no reference to Yuvan - unless you're trying to imply more meaning in the comment on money, than what you read in face value.

In Films, like politics, there are no permanent friends or foes - with the exception of BR-IR and KB-IR, who seem to be smiling a lot at each other in every cine function but continue not to work with each other :-)

A.ANAND
5th September 2007, 11:39 AM
vishal ellam oru nadigan innu solli,a.v-la avan sonna comment-ta vechi discuss pannarathu comedy'yo comedy!!! :banghead: cinema-la group dance adara dancer kuda ippa supera irukkan,aana ivan [vishal]munja entha angle-la pattalum saggikala :omg: ivara vechu kodi-la budgetla film!!! :banghead:

karthik_sa2
5th September 2007, 02:39 PM
who is the md of malaikotai???

karthik_sa2
5th September 2007, 02:45 PM
think its mani sharma.. but i listened to a song in the movie yesterday which very much resembled yuvan style..maybe like thotti jaya did yuvan compose for one song and opted out?????

Vaz
5th September 2007, 02:49 PM
I think the song done by YSR for Thotti Jaya was "Thotta Poweruda"... intro kinda song for Simbu

vasanth2006
5th September 2007, 04:59 PM
"Sanjaram" is the best....ya i feel the same in the intial hearings...

But somehow after multiple hearings, i feel "megam megam" is more pleasant than sanjaram......

simple tune but beautifully orchestrated.....it is not complicated orchestration....simple but plesant.........especially i like the violin usage during the second pallavi....superb orchestration between violin and voice....

So my pick of the album is "megam megam"

vasanth2006
5th September 2007, 05:15 PM
"Kannamoochi attam" is the fantastic fusion between carnatic and western in all the departments ( tune, rhythm pattern, instrument usage, singing style).... Complete fusion....I dont remember this kind of fusion before....always Yuvan impresses me ......

viraajan
5th September 2007, 06:38 PM
If he has booked YSR for Satyam first , then changed to HJ and now give this interview, it's pretty obvious that he had money-tussle with YSR...no need to guess:-)
am sure vishal wil team up with yuvan again. then u can see an interview of vishal in kumudham/av that "yuvan is always my fav. he doesnt care for money or plaudits. etc etc" perfectly its nothing but praising the team member. so we dont have to take it seriously.

viraajan
5th September 2007, 06:46 PM

Dig:

TN government has given its "kalaimaamani" awards to Simbu, Trisha etc this year. A few people (you know whom I am talking about) received Doctorate from MGR university recently. All honorary things and awards have become like a annathaanam in TN nowadays :lol:

i wanted to comment abot the same. its really a gr8 comedy (or shame for the word DOCTORATE) that they are giving Doctorate to that guy who does not know wt is acting:) FANS of him - Sorry :(
Kalaimamani is not at al for the rigt ppl. previously it was given to 5 or 10 ppl a yr. but now? what has simbu done for TN film industry. does he really deserve this award? :banghead:
next KALAIMAMANI for trisha. is it for dancing in shore :banghead:
was really irritated when i read the news :shock:
why have they left "olli pichan" actor. hope u can guess whom am referring to :)

viraajan
5th September 2007, 06:48 PM

Kaariyam nadakkanumna naanaga enna venumnaalum pannuvom.... :lol:

one single word is enough. "JALRA" :lol:

viraajan
5th September 2007, 06:50 PM
ippayavadhu Vishal-a pathhi therinjikitta seri u1 fans :D

btw, listened to sanjaram from kannamoochi yenada.....awesome......u1 has really won people's hearts this year -

Thaaliye theva illa(Thaamirabarani)
ayyayyo (PV)
chennai-28 songs
arabu naade (TPM)
and now sanjaram(Kannamoochi....) :clap:

somehow, didnt like sathham podaadhey songs :roll:

if i were to make a list,

wud have removed thaliye thevai illa and included pesugiren of SP and 3 songs from deepavali. :)

viraajan
5th September 2007, 06:52 PM
I really do not understand what Vishal said that may have allusions to Yuvan! He talked about a composer he has signed and there's no reference to Yuvan - unless you're trying to imply more meaning in the comment on money, than what you read in face value.

In Films, like politics, there are no permanent friends or foes - with the exception of BR-IR and KB-IR, who seem to be smiling a lot at each other in every cine function but continue not to work with each other :-)

SPB-IR. the best relation in my opinion. every week in Ennodu Pattu Padungal in Jaya TV, atleast 3 times he specifies it. :)

viraajan
5th September 2007, 06:53 PM
who is the md of malaikotai???

the gr8, kalaimamani, isai sooravali, isai medhai MANI SHARMA :lol:

selvakumar
6th September 2007, 11:47 AM

SPB-IR. the best relation in my opinion. every week in Ennodu Pattu Padungal in Jaya TV, atleast 3 times he specifies it. :)

:yes: count me too 8-)

Sanjeevi
6th September 2007, 12:20 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-06/kannaamoochi-enadaa-music-review.html

Sanjaram

Shankar Mahadevan and Madhushree take us along on a romantic journey and Yuvan helps with the use of tabla and keyboard and brilliant use of Violin just after the pallavi. His innovation is explicit when he uses water splash sounds in the third stanza, which gives a feeling that the listener is in a solitary island. The song is truly magical if you close your eyes and let your mind free, a masterpiece.

All set for a Super Hit!

:clap:

The year is already filled with superlative albums like Sivaji, Unnale Unnale, Pachaikili muthu charam, Chennai 28 Kreedom, Bheema, Sathampodathey, Urchagam and Sivi, and this album will also join this elite club and may actually rank somewhere on the top

:thumbsup:

sgmsin
6th September 2007, 02:19 PM
Finally , Here is the rediff review on kannamoochi enada music.
"Kannamoochi Enada has interesting music"

Priya (of Kanda Naal Muthal fame) dons the director's mantle for the second time with Kannamoochi Enada, produced by actor Radhika's Radan Media Works and UTV.

Radhika is also doing a stellar role with Sathyaraj in this film. Prithviraj, who gave an impressive performance in the highly acclaimed Mozhi, is the hero. Sandhya is his costar.

Thamarai has penned the lyrics to Yuvanshankar Raja's music, whose penchant for western music is evident throughout the album.

The album kicks off with the intensely appealing Megam Megam. Beguiling orchestration, fascinating rhythm, lyrics oozing with tender sentiments, melody coursing through with ease and excellent rendition by Haricharan and Swetha make this an enticing track, and the highlight of this album.

Tamarai's lyrics are full of imageries from nature expressing the fantasies of the young lovers. Swetha's caressingly sweet voice is a perfect foil to Haricharan's emotion-packed one. A track worth repeating, which is done so at the end.

Kannamoochi Attam, a spoof on the traditional 'Oonjal' song, Kannoonjal Aadi, is picturised on a soon to be married couple sitting on the swing before tying the thaali (mangalsuthra) during Tamilian weddings. The number is a synthesis of fast beats, torrents of swara passages, rap interludes, mild hip-hop and interesting chorus. Rendition by Palghat Sriram, Sainthavi, Prasanna and Dr Nrayanan make the number sound like a throwback to the olden days. The lyrics, which describe the couple in glorious terms, are in a lighter vein.

Yuvan, it seems, cannot break away from his fetish for remixes. So next comes the remix of an old song Andru Vanthathum Ithe Nila from the MGR-Saroja Devi starrer, Periya Idathu Penn. The track, in western style with jazz accompaniment is effortlessly rendered by Shankar Mahadevan [Images], Haricharan and Swetha.

Sanjaram Seyyum Kankal is a sentimental duet with rhythmic western beats by Shankar Mahadevan and Madhusri. Tamarai's profound lyrics talk about the pangs of separation and the longing for togetherness the lovers go through. Impressive instrumentation and excellent rhythmic patterns embellish the number. Shankar Mahadevan's robust voice strung together with Madhusri's honey-timbred one generates a flood of romantic feelings.

Putham Puthu Kaatru beginning with mild hip-hop and guitar notes has more glitz than grace. But for a spate of nadaswaram passages that gives it a melodious touch, the orchestration is pedestrian. Shankar Mahadevan sings in his usual exuberant style. Vijay Jesudas' vocal skills come to the fore.

On the whole, an interesting album from Yuvanshankar Raja.

sgmsin
6th September 2007, 02:38 PM
Yuvan got Tamil nadu Government best music Director award for the year 2006
Source: Thatstamil.
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/awards/tamilnadu-govt-announed-tamil-cinema-awards.html

viraajan
6th September 2007, 03:00 PM

:yes: count me too 8-)

hmmm...with pleasure... :)

viraajan
6th September 2007, 06:39 PM
Yuvan got Tamil nadu Government best music Director award for the year 2006
Source: Thatstamil.
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/awards/tamilnadu-govt-announed-tamil-cinema-awards.html

one of my biggest disappointments is u1 missed filmfare award for the year 2006. he was nominated. but arr got it.
that was really disappointing :(

viraajan
6th September 2007, 06:41 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-06/kannaamoochi-enadaa-music-review.html

Sanjaram

Shankar Mahadevan and Madhushree take us along on a romantic journey and Yuvan helps with the use of tabla and keyboard and brilliant use of Violin just after the pallavi. His innovation is explicit when he uses water splash sounds in the third stanza, which gives a feeling that the listener is in a solitary island. The song is truly magical if you close your eyes and let your mind free, a masterpiece.

All set for a Super Hit!

:clap:

The year is already filled with superlative albums like Sivaji, Unnale Unnale, Pachaikili muthu charam, Chennai 28 Kreedom, Bheema, Sathampodathey, Urchagam and Sivi, and this album will also join this elite club and may actually rank somewhere on the top

:thumbsup:

that really a good review!!! :exactly:

if my guess is correct, yuvan will surely get the next FilmFare award. :thumbsup:

viraajan
6th September 2007, 06:48 PM
YSR Fans,

Await Machakaran and Tamizh MA audio soon. Tamizh MA is completed. Machakkaran will come soon.

viraajan
6th September 2007, 06:58 PM
I think the song done by YSR for Thotti Jaya was "Thotta Poweruda"... intro kinda song for Simbu

i was actually cursing HJ for composing such a bad music. oh my god! is it u1. if so, u1 shouldnt have done this. kevalamana song!!!

viraajan
6th September 2007, 07:02 PM

But somehow after multiple hearings, i feel "megam megam" is more pleasant than sanjaram......

simple tune but beautifully orchestrated.....it is not complicated orchestration....simple but plesant.........especially i like the violin usage during the second pallavi....superb orchestration between violin and voice....

i was nt much interested in sanjaram first. but now, everyday am listenign to it atleast 5-10 times a day in my phone. wow!!! mindblowing!!!
moreover,
behindwoods review exactly speaks my mind in this song and megam song. i find something missing in megam.
the violin piece in sanjaram is marvelous!!!
i have cut that violin piece and set it as my current ring tone. happy with this song :) (with my ringtone too)...

Sanjeevi
7th September 2007, 10:20 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/specials/satham-podathey-gets-u-070906.html

vasanth2006
7th September 2007, 11:11 AM

i was nt much interested in sanjaram first. but now, everyday am listenign to it atleast 5-10 times a day in my phone. wow!!! mindblowing!!!
moreover,
behindwoods review exactly speaks my mind in this song and megam song. i find something missing in megam.
i have cut that violin piece and set it as my current ring tone. happy with this song :) (with my ringtone too)...

Yes. The first interlude violin bit is truly masterpiece.....Ya sanjaram is innovative and sure hit......it has different rhytm pattern...mind blowing tune....but somehow i personally like megam megam song...nothing special in this song in the musical point of view......but lovely romantic song......

8-)

Sanjeevi
7th September 2007, 07:08 PM
Just listened a Tamil MA song sung by Yuvan himself and with Jeeva's dialogs. The song looks like a virakthified person's singing or feel of a person who tasted only failuires in his life.

wov truly amazing.........

I bet this song will be the best experiemented song of this year

It seems same BIG music will release Tamizh MA also :) or released :roll:

MrJudge
7th September 2007, 07:14 PM
Sanjeevi,

Where did you listen to it? on BIG FM??

Sanjeevi
7th September 2007, 07:19 PM
yes MrJudge

i think, soon we may expect the audio release

Anyway Satham Podathey release on coming Friday (Sep 14)

MrJudge
7th September 2007, 07:24 PM
[tscii:34e44a9cc8]Another example of these web media people just cook up stories at their own :D

From India glitz:

Ajith starrer Billa is fast reaching is completion. A remake of yesteryear Rajni hit titled the same, director Vishnuvardhan shot the movie in trendy and chic locations in Chennai and Malaysia.

Recently, Vishnu shot a song sequence featuring over 60 dancers flown all the way from Malaysia in Chennai. It was interestingly the remix of the title song in Rajni's Billa which goes 'My name is Billa'. Ajith appeared in flashy costumes and shook his legs with the Malaysian dancers'.

Vishnu expressed confidence that the song has come really good and is sure to rock theatres.

“Yuvan Shankar Raja has remixed the tunes of his father Ilayaraja well”, he says. [/tscii:34e44a9cc8]

selvakumar
7th September 2007, 07:27 PM
I think from here onwards even if YSR does "Re-tuning", they will be labelled as "Re-mixes" :(

karthik_sa2
8th September 2007, 02:44 AM
[tscii:f7b658ec15]
Another example of these web media people just cook up stories at their own

From India glitz:

Ajith starrer Billa is fast reaching is completion. A remake of yesteryear Rajni hit titled the same, director Vishnuvardhan shot the movie in trendy and chic locations in Chennai and Malaysia.

Recently, Vishnu shot a song sequence featuring over 60 dancers flown all the way from Malaysia in Chennai. It was interestingly the remix of the title song in Rajni's Billa which goes 'My name is Billa'. Ajith appeared in flashy costumes and shook his legs with the Malaysian dancers'.

Vishnu expressed confidence that the song has come really good and is sure to rock theatres.

“Yuvan Shankar Raja has remixed the tunes of his father Ilayaraja well”, he says.

:lol: is indiaglitz dubbing for vishnuvardhan???[/tscii:f7b658ec15]

viraajan
8th September 2007, 09:59 AM

moreover,

Yes. The first interlude violin bit is truly masterpiece.....Ya sanjaram is innovative and sure hit......it has different rhytm pattern...mind blowing tune....but somehow i personally like megam megam song...nothing special in this song in the musical point of view......but lovely romantic song......

8-)

megam is beautifully orchestrated yaar. tune is not so spl :)

viraajan
9th September 2007, 01:25 PM
Just listened a Tamil MA song sung by Yuvan himself and with Jeeva's dialogs. The song looks like a virakthified person's singing or feel of a person who tasted only failuires in his life.

have not listened ityet. but on looking at ur review, am sure this wil rock. the same kinda (genre) songs were in raam. remember? "Manidhan seigandra", "yarao madhiyai" etc. wow... simply amazing na.

the same magic may reappear. lets wait.

like, KME, cds of TMA wil also take sometime to reach shops i think as BIG FM has got the rights :banghead:

hariprasadb23
9th September 2007, 02:21 PM
i was able to hear the songs of TAMIL MA in big fm and the trailer in tv.

first thing that came in my thought was how u1 could able to maintain that consistency though he has so many movies.

i am eagerly waiting for the movie after watching trailer.

songs are good except one.

i dont know whether girls will like the songs.

viraajan
9th September 2007, 02:25 PM
i was able to hear the songs of TAMIL MA in big fm and the trailer in tv.

first thing that came in my thought was how u1 could able to maintain that consistency though he has so many movies.

i am eagerly waiting for the movie after watching trailer.

songs are good except one.

i dont know whether girls will like the songs.

hav u listened to all the songs hari? if so, can you tel me the number genere wise. i.e how many melodies, etc.

vasanth2006
9th September 2007, 03:29 PM
like, KME, cds of TMA wil also take sometime to reach shops i think as BIG FM has got the rights :banghead:

:banghead: :banghead:

we can not hear the songs in other FM channels....and moreover that is big disadvantage for the album.....

Any online source for tamil MA??

karthik_sa2
9th September 2007, 08:29 PM
everybody here seems to like sanjaram and megam megam only but i felt kannamoochi attam amazing too. wonderful mix of classical and western.. very well sang too...but somehow the english lyrics in the middle slightly brings down the song

karthik_sa2
9th September 2007, 08:36 PM
we can not hear the songs in other FM channels....and moreover that is big disadvantage for the album.....

s very true thats a big minus....infact even in big fm i don hear the songs of kme or tamizh ma that often.. radio mirchi'a irundhaa potu potae album'a promote panniduvaan...

sgmsin
10th September 2007, 10:27 AM
Tamil MA audio will be released today.

sureshmehcnit
10th September 2007, 03:29 PM
i know it is too late but....

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2007/09/kannamoochi-yenada-soundtrack.html

mr_karthik
10th September 2007, 06:50 PM

s very true thats a big minus....infact even in big fm i don hear the songs of kme or tamizh ma that often.. radio mirchi'a irundhaa potu potae album'a promote panniduvaan...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viraajan
10th September 2007, 07:20 PM
hi all

listenend to a song from tamil ma. its something that starts with "pattampoochi".

one single word WOW!!!!

am not sure whether its from tma. but this song was played immediately after tamil ma ad in big fm. so guess!!!

was impressed on listening to it the very first time itself. u1 has used "kole" (a stick using which they dance in "Kolattam") in background. mesmerizing truly!!!

yuvan=innovation!!!

pratap
10th September 2007, 08:15 PM
Finally i got KME. I think Yuvan will once again reach ladies much. Reach like "Kannan Varum Velai". I heared lot of middle aged house wives humming that songs.

BIG FM groups about to start a channel. I think they got the video song rights also. We can except they will make more popularity soon.

Please anybody writes about TMA Soon.

MrJudge
11th September 2007, 11:27 AM
Yuvan is back from France and he attended the audio release function of Tamil MA yesterday. Is the album available at the stores guys?

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 11:31 AM
Actually they gave paper ad yesterday but not sure CD available at shops

vigneshram
11th September 2007, 03:05 PM
Tamil M.A. trailer looks promising and we can expect a lot from Yuvan in BGM dept.
Initially I didn't like "Kannaamoochi yenada?" much. But now I am hooked to all the songs all the time.
Looks like our young genius is moving in the right direction in his choice of projects and hope he delivers hits after hits

BTW, Check out my blogpost (revived after a brief hibernation)
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/09/chak-de-yuvan.html

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 03:20 PM
Finally i got KME. I think Yuvan will once again reach ladies much. Reach like "Kannan Varum Velai". I heared lot of middle aged house wives humming that songs.

you r right :) but not only housewives, the tune is very famous among kids along with "Ammadi Aathadi" :oops:

inetk
11th September 2007, 05:16 PM
[tscii:d632f7c0a0]200 words. Tamil M.A is a solid and stirring triumph of Yuvan’s composing skills.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2007/09/11/tamil-ma-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/[/tscii:d632f7c0a0]

vasanth2006
11th September 2007, 05:46 PM
Yuvan is back from France and he attended the audio release function of Tamil MA yesterday. Is the album available at the stores guys?

judge sony album recordingkkaga france ponara?

vasanth2006
11th September 2007, 05:48 PM

hari,
I already said in this forum.... :)....only one word...BRILLIANT...... 8-)

vasanth2006
11th September 2007, 05:51 PM
Tamil M.A. trailer looks promising and we can expect a lot from Yuvan in BGM dept.
Initially I didn't like "Kannaamoochi yenada?" much. But now I am hooked to all the songs all the time.
Looks like our young genius is moving in the right direction in his choice of projects and hope he delivers hits after hits

vignesh,

That article.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MrJudge
11th September 2007, 06:41 PM

No, he went with Dir Ameer for composing songs for the film "Yogi" (BTW, Ameer is the hero of that movie).

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 06:45 PM

No, he went with Dir Ameer for composing songs for the film "Yogi" (BTW, Ameer is the hero of that movie).

:banghead:

vigneshram
11th September 2007, 07:42 PM

vignesh,

Thanks Vasanth :)

After reading Karthik's 200 words on Tamil M.A. , I got excited and desperately wanted to grab a CD. Tried all Music shops around adyar, Besant nagar and Velachery, and no luck. :x

BIG Music is doing a BIG mistake :evil:

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 09:00 PM

vignesh,

Thanks Vasanth :)

After reading Karthik's 200 words on Tamil M.A. , I got excited and desperately wanted to grab a CD. Tried all Music shops around adyar, Besant nagar and Velachery, and no luck. :x

BIG Music is doing a BIG mistake :evil:

Vignesh, the same happened to me while searching KME CD.

BTW, how inetk karthik got CD? Is it really available in shops now?

MrJudge
12th September 2007, 10:38 AM
Raam, the director of Tamil MA, was another assistant director of Balu Mahendra (acc. to sify news), so we can definitely expect different films from this guy. The preview has some beautiful landscapes, can't wait to see the movie.

selvakumar
12th September 2007, 10:54 AM

:banghead:

:rotfl:
Let us hope that we won't be at the receiving end of a Maayakanaadi this time :lol:

MrJudge
12th September 2007, 11:01 AM
Let us hope that we won't be at the receiving end of a Maayakanaadi this time :lol:

Ameer is an honest guy in what he is doing. I believe he will not come in glittering costumes and do dances. He will do chararters like paruththi veeran kind.

Sanjeevi
12th September 2007, 01:19 PM
யுவன்ஷங்கர்ராஜா. இந்தப் படத்தினுடைய இசையை தன்னுடைய இசை வாழ்க்கையில் ஒரு முக்கிய திருப்பமாக இருக்குமென்று நம்புகிறார். கதையோடு இணைந்து பாடல்களை, உணர்ச்சிகளை இசையால வசப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார் யுவன்

Read more http://content.msn.co.in/Tamil/Entertainment/FilmPreview/0709-11-1.htm

hariprasadb23
12th September 2007, 06:30 PM
its really very bad that 3 days after the audio release still i am not able to get the cd.

the fellow in music world doesnt know when it will come but said that many people had asked for cd.

hi virajan 3 songs r melody.

viraajan
12th September 2007, 07:45 PM
its really very bad that 3 days after the audio release still i am not able to get the cd.

the fellow in music world doesnt know when it will come but said that many people had asked for cd.

got an enlightened review from itwofs.

does any on remember my words on the song called pattompoochi few days back. am very happy that it is one of the best tracks in this album.

job well done by yuvan.

i hope this album would fetch yuvan some awards!!! :)

its a kinda documentary with. am sure u1 wud have given an enthrallin bgm score.

eagerly waiting for the movie!!!!

viraajan
12th September 2007, 07:51 PM
Raam, the director of Tamil MA, was another assistant director of Balu Mahendra (acc. to sify news), so we can definitely expect different films from this guy. The preview has some beautiful landscapes, can't wait to see the movie.

judge,

surely its not a run-of-the-mill movie. an award movie, documentary. for sure, this wil be a diff experinece for regular movie goers. hope the movie will be a commercially successful movie as well as a movie which wil be critically acclaimed!!!

viraajan
12th September 2007, 07:51 PM

judge,

surely its not a run-of-the-mill movie. an award movie, documentary. sure wil be a diff experinece for regular movie goers. hope the movie will be a commercial movie as well as a movie which wil be critically acclaimed!!!

viraajan
12th September 2007, 07:57 PM

judge,

surely its not a run-of-the-mill movie. an award movie, documentary. for sure, this wil be a diff experinece for regular movie goers. hope the movie will be a commercially successful movie as well as a movie which wil be critically acclaimed!!!

vigneshram
12th September 2007, 10:26 PM
I tried even today and still Tamil M.A. CDs are not available.
Had to download the songs (MP3 format) from
http://www.123musiq.com/TamizhMA.htm

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 06:47 AM

Yeah, I have been going to the shops and asking for the CD for the last three days :evil:

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 06:54 AM
judge,

surely its not a run-of-the-mill movie. an award movie, documentary. sure wil be a diff experinece for regular movie goers. hope the movie will be a commercial movie as well as a movie which wil be critically acclaimed!!!

Yeah, I too hope it turns out to be a perfect blend of commercial and a different film just like PV.

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 06:55 AM
I tried even today and still Tamil M.A. CDs are not available.
Had to download the songs (MP3 format) from
http://www.123musiq.com/TamizhMA.htm

Thanks, dude. I was SO desparate to hear the songs.

inetk
13th September 2007, 07:26 AM
But, I think they've recorded these mp3s off the streaming versions from,

http://music.galatta.com/entertainment/music/songs/albumid/976/movie/tamil_m.a.html

Hope the CD (whenever Big Music thinks it right to release!) quality is better than this one.

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 07:33 AM
Listened to 'Innum oru Iravu' and 'Para para pattam poochi', wow great great songs!

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 08:08 AM
Listened to all songs, Yuvan Rocks big time in this album!

popeye11
13th September 2007, 09:12 AM
Tamil MA rocks

inetk has said it all .. But oh well .. Here i go Again.... Amazing

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 09:15 AM
This will be the album of the year, what the guys at Big Audio doing??? Come on guys, have it in stores.

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 09:21 AM
I hope I am not going overboard here :D
Yuvan is the next big thing happened after IR in tfm

Sanjeevi
13th September 2007, 11:30 AM
Songs are extraordinary, amazing

especially the Ilaiyaraja song :D

"Varathukku moonu thadavaiyavathu kuLi"

:rotfl:

Sanjeevi
13th September 2007, 11:32 AM

kurumbu :wink: :lol: :?

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 11:47 AM

kurumbu :wink: :lol: :?

kurumbu ellam onnum illa :) Serious-aa thaan solren! After IR, Yuvan is the only one who gives importance to BGM and understands the visual media. That is a great strength for working in the movie industry.

NOV
13th September 2007, 12:22 PM
altho I like YSR and enjoy many of his songs, I have to :rotfl: at the suggestion.

its as good as saying that GVP is the next best thing to have happened to TFM after MSV. :lol2:

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 01:13 PM
altho I like YSR and enjoy many of his songs, I have to :rotfl: at the suggestion.

its as good as saying that GVP is the next best thing to have happened to TFM after MSV. :lol2:

Yeah, what else we can expect from a MSV fan :lol: A visual medium like movies requires more than just good songs, I don't think MSV fans will ever understand that. Well if you do understand that, you would have not come up with your above comment.

NOV
13th September 2007, 01:34 PM
Before becoming a MSV fan, I was a hardcore fan of IR, so I think I know what I am talking about. I wanted you to realise the ridiculousness of your statement by making a more ridiculous statement. :lol2:

Sanjeevi
13th September 2007, 01:55 PM

Listening Tamil M.A songs

Innum Oor Iravu - the best innovative song of 2007 so far :clap:

the "lord siva" music mixing and lyrics

வைரம் வாங்க பணம் இல்லை
இருந்தும் எனக்கு பயம் இல்லை
கடைக்காரனை கொன்று விட்டேன்
கையில் எடுத்து வந்து விட்டேன்

terrific

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 01:55 PM
Before becoming a MSV fan, I was a hardcore fan of IR, so I think I know what I am talking about. I wanted you to realise the ridiculousness of your statement by making a more ridiculous statement. :lol2:

Let me know after IR, who takes care of not composing just songs alone but BGM as well. I commented based on this observation, I don't think it is as ridiculous as your comment (I know you made it just to make fun of my comment but still it is a stupid comment) :wink:

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 01:57 PM
[

வைரம் வாங்க பணம் இல்லை

terrific

Yes, it is the best track of 2007!

NOV
13th September 2007, 02:04 PM
Let me know after IR, who takes care of not composing just songs alone but BGM as well. Deva

and with that I will leave you with your dreams. :yessir:

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 02:09 PM
I just love the "sivabanam" dialogue, background sounds, rhythm section coming after it, then the flute piece and then again the dialogues in the song, simply great!

MrJudge
13th September 2007, 02:16 PM
Let me know after IR, who takes care of not composing just songs alone but BGM as well. Deva

and with that I will leave you with your dreams. :yessir:

I salute your observation and your taste. So according to you after IR, Deva is the big thing in tfm and to me Yuvan is the big thing. Thanks for leaving and saving me from this headache :boo:

suresh
13th September 2007, 03:11 PM
[tscii]
In the candyfloss darkness that engulfs present TFM, a beacon of brilliance that hits you with the sudden force and joy of the unexpected. In Thamizh MA, Yuvan joins hands with a sensitive (debutant) director and a gifted lyricist to give us one of the most honest, alluring, creative and daring efforts of recent times.

One needs to see the film to form a more objective view, but if a soundtrack’s purpose is to afford you a glimpse of the emotional content, the cultural context, the mood and texture of the film, this one achieves it admirably and sets the bar of expectations very high for the film. Which might be a failing, for very often we have seen such passion and energy fizzle out in the final production of the movie; if this indeed turns out to be yet another well-intentioned but insipid film, we will still take it. Guna and 1947 Earth come to mind, there may be few others..

For Raam, a debutant director, to have invested so much passion and conviction; for Yuvan, who has exhibited commitment to the subject and tone; for Na Muthukumar to not go overboard with lyrical gymnastics and stay true to the film’s intent by writing simple yet profound lines, and for the unsung producer who’s resisted the temptation to coax another gaana or club-mix number out of Yuvan – may the box office goddesses shower their blessings on you.

Certainly, the singing could/should have been better (exception – Rahul Nambiar), but placed in the coarse, gritty context in which the story seems to be set in, this has deliberately or otherwise, given a raw edge and texture to the soundtrack that more accomplished voices would’ve missed. This is a story of dingy lanes and dashed hopes, and certainly doesn’t call for concert-quality singing. For such sophistication that won’t be out of place in a coffee pub or on your iPod, I suggest Bheema or even Kannamoochi Yenada.

A soundtrack that forces you to think, to seriously engage with the film, and above all, reaffirm the fact that in the wasteland of Tamil cinema, hope lurks in the shadows.

app_engine
13th September 2007, 07:13 PM
suresh,
Your post is quite stylish! If the album at least matches 50% of the beauty of your post, I'll say hats off to the team...Now I think I'll give it a serious listen..you've nicely hyped it up:-)

Sanjeevi
13th September 2007, 07:45 PM
Yuvan rocks in Tamil M.A

http://www.thuligal.com/index.php/tamil-ma-music-review

ezy0265
13th September 2007, 07:47 PM
Superb!!!!!!!

Yuvan you have so much talents and it comes to you so very naturally. You are not just a chip off the block, you are becoming a block yourself.

IR should be so very proud of you!!!!!!

Not that you have not given such quality in a single album before, it is just that this album just grabs us like a fresh breeze, so much of variety and improvisations!!!

Looking forward to many many more such pleasant surprises from you.

Thank you.

rajasaranam
13th September 2007, 08:31 PM
Listening to the songs it reminds me of another Guna for sure. Sivan Paarvathi Delusion! ALL 3 of IR family has worked in this kind of delusional movies and every single one of them have emerged succesful (IR-Guna, KR-Kudaikkul Mazhai, U1-TamilMA).
Yuvan is emerging as a very promisong composer of this age by constantly delivering quality music. probably its time for me to stop saying this again and again that he is 'emerging' right from pudupettai time or probably even before that!!! Everytime he delivers good music i say this and for the past two years almost all his albums have been topnotch in quality. This album proves beyond doubt that 'Pulikku piranthathu poonaiyaagathu' :) Hope he doesnt go back to his remix mode and keep delivering more and more albums like this.

Though tamilMA has shades of Pudupettai ( innum oru iravu reminds Oru nAlil and also Neruppu vAyinil) given the theme of the movie being dark its no wonder he has done this. The same careless rendition of yuvan which made the earlier song a personal favourite is doing the same to this track. The second interlude of this track is one worthy to be rewinded and listened The 2nd interlude of unakaagathaane is vaguely reminding me some other musical piece which is eluding me right now. It will be helpful if someone sheds light on this.
The song paravayin kootil sung by Raaja is again a brilliant composition. The tune, the piano backing and rhythm style is too good like any other Raaja's pathos no. only that it has been delivered in Yuvan's way.
the other two songs are also worthy listens but i should get past these three songs in order to comment upon them :)

krish244
13th September 2007, 11:56 PM
Listened to the album in music.gallatta. First impression is certainly worth listening. I am highly impressed with Yuvan's experimentation. Need to listen again in leisure.

thanks,

Krishnan

vigneshram
14th September 2007, 01:05 PM
Anyone got the CD of Tamizh M.A.?

Its really a looooooooooong and disgusting wait... that too after listening to the downloaded songs in average quality.

I HATE BIG MUSIC

MrJudge
14th September 2007, 01:13 PM
"One of the major highlights of the film is the songs and background score of Yuvan Shankar Raja" says sify in their SP movie review. :exactly:

ezy0265
14th September 2007, 04:55 PM
Please Please someone show where clear version is available!!!! The mp3 downloaded was of bad quality streamed. CDs are still not available!!!! Someone please provide clear version.

Thanks a million.....

MrJudge
14th September 2007, 05:32 PM
BIG Music is just screwing things up. What the heck? If they don't have CDs ready, why should they release it 5 days ago?? The bad version of songs just makes this wait more horrible :evil:

viraajan
14th September 2007, 08:22 PM
Please Please someone show where clear version is available!!!! The mp3 downloaded was of bad quality streamed. CDs are still not available!!!! Someone please provide clear version.

Thanks a million.....

hey get it from 123musiq.com yaar. 320kbps songs. excellent quality.

viraajan
14th September 2007, 08:24 PM
Superb!!!!!!!

Yuvan you have so much talents and it comes to you so very naturally. You are not just a chip off the block, you are becoming a block yourself.

IR should be so very proud of you!!!!!!

Not that you have not given such quality in a single album before, it is just that this album just grabs us like a fresh breeze, so much of variety and improvisations!!!

Looking forward to many many more such pleasant surprises from you.

Thank you.

100% true.
nice comment!!!

viraajan
14th September 2007, 08:26 PM
[

வைரம் வாங்க பணம் இல்லை

terrific

Yes, it is the best track of 2007!

i completely go with you!!!!

the track of the year and the best innovative song of the year!!!

MrJudge
14th September 2007, 08:29 PM
This album is one of the best in tfm and in unique style from Yuvan. I don't think anybody else would have done it this way. Just listen to the drum beats in Pataampoochi, WOW. I hope BIG Music comes out with the CDs in stores soon and sells it like a hotcake. I know lot of hubbers in this forum during his earlier days rejected him outright. He proved over the years and make them say now 'yeah, I like his songs'. This album will shut their mouths even further. I trust he comes out albums like this often in future and make them say 'maapu, vachchutaanta aappu'. :lol:

viraajan
14th September 2007, 08:33 PM
hey guys,

an enthralling album from u1.

just this morning i got al the songs of this album.

wanna share my one-day xperience on listening this album.

lyrics and yuvan's diction in "Innum oru iravu", ilayaraja's vocal , tune, and lyrics in "paravayin" song simply made me cry literally. i just could not control tears brimming in my eyes when i listen to these songs!!!

"Mudhal murai vazha pudikudhe, mudhal murai velicham pirakkudhe, mudhal murai murindha kilai ondru pookudhe".

wow!!! Hats off to Muthukumar!!!

REQ: Pls dont think that am exaggerating!!! ITs the fact!!!

MrJudge
14th September 2007, 08:34 PM
i completely go with you!!!!

the track of the year and the best innovative song of the year!!!

To be honest, all tracks are just outstanding. Innum oru iravu just haunts you from the first listening. Pattaampoochi and Vazhkai have interesting rhythm patterns. Na.Muthukumar just amazes with his lyrics too. Way to go guys!

viraajan
14th September 2007, 08:37 PM
innum oru iravu, innum oru nilavu

innum sila dhooram, innum sila baaram,

innum sila dhooram, yedhiril irundhu ennai thurathu!!!

poi parka yaarum illai

vandhu parkavum all illai

vashi pokkan varuvan povan, vazhigal engum pogathu

vizhiyodu neeyum nanum vazhndha kalam sagadhu.

kaladi satham yezhumbum varai, kuppai mettil paduthirundhen,

kadaisiyai sirithathu eppodh? gnabagam illai ippodhu!!!

nadhiyil vizhundha ilaigalukku marangal azhuvadhu kidaiyadhu,

veril theeyai vaikum varai, valigal adhuku theriyadhu

uyirudan iruppadhu ippodhellam valithal mattum theriyum,

unnudan nanum illai enbadhu vizhithal mattum puriyum

idha paru anandhi, ippa nan kudikkaradhu peyru ganja, kochukadha, vera vazhi illa. yenaa, idhoda innoru peyru sivapaanam, nan

sivana irukaradhanala idha kudikka vendi irukku. nan yen sivan a aayittenna, indha ulagathula yaar vazhalam, yaar sagalam nu

mudivu pandra adhigaram en kitta irukkaradhanala nan sivan ayitten. nan sivan aandhunala enna aachu, nee en pakkathula

illanalum, nee en paadhi aayitte!!! parvathi aayita, so come , wil go and have a dance.!!!!

netru oru nagarathil, kannadi pettaiyil, vairam ondrai parthen.

aval kangal gnabagam vandhadhada, vairam vanga panam illai, irundhum enakku bayam illai.

kadai karanai, kondru vitten, vairam eduthu vandhu vitten.

munbu, oru payanathil, vin meen urangum nerathil, pudavai (saree) ondrai partheney, thanga pudavai ondrai parthene!!!

mel, udal gnabagam vandhadhad, un udal gnabagam vandhadhadi...

pudavai vanga kasillai, peridhai alatti kollavillai...

pudavai karanai kondru vittu, pennai eduthu vandhu vitten....

kadhal nenjil vandhu vittal, kaasum panamum thevai illai...

kadavulaga maari vittal, kolaigal seivadhu kutram illai!!!!

WOW!!!

Is there any song with such a strong lyrics in recent days!!! in my view a big NO

MrJudge
14th September 2007, 08:39 PM

Is this the version posted couple of days ago? I doubt it is in good quality.

viraajan
14th September 2007, 08:41 PM

yeah. i think y'day they uploaded it. i got the link from one of the hubbers in this thread. thanks to him!!!

vigneshram
14th September 2007, 09:03 PM

yeah. i think y'day they uploaded it. i got the link from one of the hubbers in this thread. thanks to him!!!

Hi! Its me who posted that 123musiq link. :D
But, according to me, the quality is not so good and I'm frantically searching for CD and so far no luck.
I wish I could lift those BIG MUSIC guys with their collars and shake them till we get the CD.

I'm listening to the songs whenever I can. and even when I am not listening (when I am at work), the songs keep playing inside my head. Such an addictive and amazing stuff from U1.

MrJudge
14th September 2007, 09:10 PM
[Hi! Its me who posted that 123musiq link. :D
But, according to me, the quality is not so good and I'm frantically searching for CD and so far no luck.
I wish I could lift those BIG MUSIC guys with their collars and shake them till we get the CD.

I'm listening to the songs whenever I can. and even when I am not listening (when I am at work), the songs keep playing inside my head. Such an addictive and amazing stuff from U1.

I have been listening to it ever since you posted the link. Seems like BIG Music guys forgot their work and listening to it continuously :)

popeye11
14th September 2007, 09:39 PM
Amazing Package of Music and Lyrics..

Brilliant.

Way to Go! Yuvan

The Best ALBUM in recent times

kavin
15th September 2007, 04:17 AM
'nenjil raatinam ennai sutrithaan thooka
vaazhvin uyarathai oru nodiyil naan paarka'

'megam megam' nice song

MrJudge
15th September 2007, 04:57 PM
Guys,

I have uploaded the lyrics for all songs from Tamil MA at

http://yuvan.wordpress.com/2007/09/15/tamil-ma-lyrics/

Enjoy!

Sanjeevi
16th September 2007, 12:38 AM
Guys,

I have uploaded the lyrics for all songs from Tamil MA at

http://yuvan.wordpress.com/2007/09/15/tamil-ma-lyrics/

Enjoy!

Wov super MrJudge

Kudos to Na.Muthukumar and Yuvan combo

MrJudge
16th September 2007, 11:11 AM
Sanjeevi,

First it was the music I found excellent, but after listening to them closely while preparing the document, I was bowled over by lyrics. Simple yet powerful by Na.Muthukumar, great great job.

I found quite a few typos, mistatkes in the document, will update and post the correct version later today.

vasanth2006
16th September 2007, 12:12 PM
I know lot of hubbers in this forum during his earlier days rejected him outright. He proved over the years and make them say now 'yeah, I like his songs'.

Yea. You are correct.
after hearing "thulluvatho ilamai" itself, I realised his potential.... He is proving now.....TI album contains different genres of music....i am happy that we realised his talent very early....

P.S: yuvan avathar vachathukke, inga kindal pannavangallam undu....

vasanth2006
16th September 2007, 12:18 PM
Tamil MA.......Master Piece.... :D

Yuvan......Litle Maestro..... 8-)

But will this film hit with masses??

vasanth2006
16th September 2007, 12:25 PM
Pattaampoochi and Vazhkai have interesting rhythm patterns.

Guys, did u notice 90% of yuvan songs has the different rhythm patterns?? reusage rate is very low...yuvan is master in rhythm patterns IMO..... 8-)

viraajan
16th September 2007, 02:17 PM
Tamil MA.......Master Piece.... :D

Yuvan......Litle Maestro..... 8-)

But will this film hit with masses??

IMHO, this will fetch lot of awards.

Balumahendra told during the audio release "this movie would be recognised not only in national level. but also in international circle!!" :victory:

my wish is that this should also become a commercially hit movie. that s in the hands of TN ppl. am sure i would watch it immediately within a week of its release!!! :thumbsup:

viraajan
16th September 2007, 02:18 PM
Pattaampoochi and Vazhkai have interesting rhythm patterns.

Guys, did u notice 90% of yuvan songs has the different rhythm patterns?? reusage rate is very low...yuvan is master in rhythm patterns IMO..... 8-)

thats exactly correct!!! thats why i often say, u1 is unique, not following anyone's footsteps!!!

viraajan
16th September 2007, 02:24 PM
recently, in an interview with u1 in FM

[B]Que: Have you worked with anyone in the TFM industry as an asst MD. Have u helped ur dad in composing songs!??

U1: No. Not at all. I have never been with my dad or with any MD. just came in. "thathaka pudhaka nu vandhen".[B]

U1 is really gifted!!!

when u take any MD, he would have been an asst or would have learnt Karnatic music. But u1 has nothing. Its all his talent and innovation!!!
ARR an asst of Raja. HJ, asst of ARR and has done his music course in Trinity College.

Ilayaraja veetin "Ilaya" raja really rocks!!!!

All the Best YUVAN!!!!