PDA

View Full Version : Career Grandslam Champion Roger Federer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

tamizharasan
21st May 2010, 07:16 PM
Unless federer wins both french open and wimbledon, he is going to lose his no. 1 ranking at the end of wimbledon.

ajithfederer
21st May 2010, 09:25 PM
Nadal stands to gain 1840 points if he wins FO. But Federer stands to gain nothing even if he wins FO.

tamizharasan
22nd May 2010, 12:39 AM
Yes. AF If Nadal wins FO and Federer wins Wimby then also Nadal could be very well no. 1. Because he has nothing to lose in wimbledon also.

Sanjeevi
22nd May 2010, 12:46 AM
Somehow I feel this year also will end with No.1 federer

tamizharasan
22nd May 2010, 01:08 AM
Federer has to win French open to increase his chances to end this year as no. 1

ajithfederer
24th May 2010, 07:41 PM
284th week!!!

Plum
24th May 2010, 07:47 PM
AF, how many more weeks for the record?

I saw that if Nadal wins FO and Fed loses before Semis, Nadal becomes #1?

That means there is a more than 80% chance of Fed not achieving the #1 no of weeks record? I had been assuming that the chance of Fed not achieving this record was quite low and didnt realise that even a very very realistic scenario like Nadal winning FO and Fed losing before Semis can jeopardise that :(

ajithfederer
24th May 2010, 07:55 PM
3 More weeks. Sampras is at 286.

AF, how many more weeks for the record?

Yes. He will lose the ranking if he loses before semis and Nadal wins FO.

I saw that if Nadal wins FO and Fed loses before Semis, Nadal becomes #1?

Sad but true. He can lose the number 1 status if the above happens.

That means there is a more than 80% chance of Fed not achieving the #1 no of weeks record? I had been assuming that the chance of Fed not achieving this record was quite low and didnt realise that even a very very realistic scenario like Nadal winning FO and Fed losing before Semis can jeopardise that :(

tamizharasan
24th May 2010, 08:27 PM
Not too fast guys. I don't see federer losing before final. Even in Final I still think this time federer can pull it off if his serve works extremely well.

omega
24th May 2010, 08:47 PM
Federer wins his first round match in straight sets beating Luczak
6-4, 6-1 & 6-2...

I think Fed, will atleast reach SF :roll:

ajithfederer
24th May 2010, 08:48 PM
News & Photos / Match Reports / Perfect match, says Federer

Defending champion Roger Federer returned to the emotional scene of his first French Open title today, sealing a routine victory over veteran Australian Peter Luczak 6-4 6-1 6-2 on Court Philippe Chatrier.

The Swiss master and World No1 received a rousing reception by the French fans on his arrival into the stadium, later remarking that he had “been looking forward to coming back here for a year.”

In today’s clinical display, Federer took a little while to warm up. The 30-year-old Luczak more than held his own from the baseline and mixed it up with some crafty net play in the opening eight games to stand level with the great champion 4-4. Almost on cue though, and despite a spirited attempt by the Aussie to quell the rising storm, the Swiss moved into second gear, breaking his opponent in the next game and serving out the first set on his third opportunity, 6-4, after 43 minutes. As is often the case, it was Federer’s fine serve that dug him out of holes when needed – he blew five aces past the No.71-ranked Aussie in that set and won the point an impressive 94 per cent of the time when his first serve landed in.

“Finally got a chance again at 5 4, so it was a good first set for me, anyway, without any hiccups on my own serve,” said Federer. “After that things were a bit easier. He had to push it a bit more. I could relax a bit more, and then the scoreline changed and towards the end I played some great drop shots. So it was like a perfect match to get off the French Open campaign, really.”

Federer accelerated early on in the second set, with Luczak’s groundstrokes often missing the back line by metres. His unforced error count was to be the telling factor by the end of the match (he hit 21 unforced errors to Fed’s 11). The top seed broke for a second time to lead 5-1 when a Luczak forehand floated long and marched away with the set 6-1 when the Aussie’s backhand trickled into the net.

Federer’s exquisite drop shots got a good work out in the third set, including one point at the end of the third set where he hit a stunning drop shot from around three metres behind the baseline.

“…the more I play on clay, the more natural it is to me,” said Federer. “And I think it was a bit slippery today, because it was quite warm out there. The surface is the sand is very light, and then you tend to slide. You had to get used to this, but then frankly I didn't have many problems with my footwork.”

The 28-year-old Swiss, who has reached the final of 18 of the last 19 Grand Slams (with the exception of 2008 Australian Open), is penciled to meet four-time Roland Garros champ and the undisputed King of Clay Rafael Nadel in the final here. While there is a lot more at stake than just a Grand Slam title here (including Federer’s No1 ranking), the Swiss is understandably tired of answering the same questions about their pending showdown in his post-match media conferences.

“I don't know if I need to answer the same question all the time, but I hope I'll be playing the finals. If it's him, it's perfect. Otherwise, you know, what a pity for him; what a pity for me if I don't reach this stage, the finals. We'll see. It's the first round, not the semifinals, unfortunately. But we'll see.”

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/match_reports/2010-05-24/201005241274710117525.html

[tscii:fdd20cb6c0][/tscii:fdd20cb6c0]

leosimha
26th May 2010, 02:15 PM
how much time did he take to win the 1st round?

tamizharasan
26th May 2010, 07:32 PM

108 minutes

omega
26th May 2010, 07:43 PM

108 minutes

Federer is on his way to win his second round match against Falla
(7-6, 6-2 & 4-2)

Soderling had an easy outing against Dent earlier 6-0, 6-1 & 6-1

tamizharasan
26th May 2010, 08:56 PM

108 minutes

Federer is on his way to win his second round match against Falla
(7-6, 6-2 & 4-2)

Soderling had an easy outing against Dent earlier 6-0, 6-1 & 6-1

Federer won 7-6, 6-2, 6-4. Not very impressive though. If federer wants to win this French open(especially final) he has to get at least 2/3rd of his first services in. He is losing heavily points on his second serve. Federer's service is going to be the key in final if he gets there.

ajithfederer
26th May 2010, 09:03 PM
Ennathha impressive enna suppressive, Ennamo ponggapa !! :)

tamizharasan
26th May 2010, 09:33 PM
Ennathha impressive enna suppressive, Ennamo ponggapa !! :)
oru karththu solla vidamatteengalae? :(

omega
26th May 2010, 09:56 PM
TA,

You can never expect Roger to crush anyone. He will be just better than the opponent, be it whoever. He just plays by oponnent. He is anyway slow starter these days. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts losing the first set moving forward.

tamizharasan
26th May 2010, 10:02 PM
TA,

You can never expect Roger to crush anyone. He will be just better than the opponent, be it whoever. He just plays by oponnent. He is anyway slow starter these days. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts losing the first set moving forward.

I agree. Apart from occasional brilliance federer is playing well below his 2007 level.

leosimha
27th May 2010, 12:18 PM

108 minutes

too good.... 1 hour and 48 minutes....just...

nadal took 2.5 hours to defeat a new comer MINA 6-2 6-2 6-2.... Nadal :evil: :x

tamizharasan
27th May 2010, 08:17 PM

108 minutes

too good.... 1 hour and 48 minutes....just...

nadal took 2.5 hours to defeat a new comer MINA 6-2 6-2 6-2.... Nadal :evil: :x

It really does not mean anything to anyone. Only thing which has meaning is winning the title. Like they say "jo jeeta wohi sikander".

ajithfederer
27th May 2010, 11:18 PM
Roland Garros Round 2: Roger Federer def Alejandro Falla

Roger Federer (1) 7 6 6
Alejandro Falla 6 2 4

tamizharasan
27th May 2010, 11:42 PM
Roland Garros Round 2: Roger Federer def Alejandro Falla

Roger Federer (1) 7 6 6
Alejandro Falla 6 2 4
Does it mean federer in third round??? :wink:

omega
28th May 2010, 04:02 AM
Roger will take Julian Reister in his 3rd round match tommorrow.
Weather permitting, it should be a hectic day @ Roland Garros, with Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Verdasco, Gonzalez, Hennin etc etc
everybody should be there.

tamizharasan
28th May 2010, 07:05 PM
Federer is the first player to advance to fourth round with 6-4 6-0 6-4 victory. His first serve percentage is under 60%, still he had not faced any break point on his serve.

ajithfederer
28th May 2010, 08:50 PM
Fourth round aa?. Adutha round soderling oda!!

omega
28th May 2010, 11:50 PM
It will be an all Swiss 4th round between Roger & Wawrinka....

omega
30th May 2010, 09:53 PM
Roger thru' to QF beating Wawrinka in straight sets 6-3, 7-6, 6-2.
Will most likely meet Soderling in QF who is leading Cilic 6-4, 6-4 & 6-2 in another 4th round match.

Roger is yet to drop a set in this tournament so far :clap:

ajithfederer
1st June 2010, 12:36 AM
Number 1 for 285 weeks. If Roger goes to semi-finals he breaks Sampras Record for sure.

:clap:

Plum
1st June 2010, 07:18 AM
Sodermani fact file
2009 _ nadalku aaappu in french open. Preventin him from a french open consec titles record
2010 - federerku aaappu? Preventing him from consec weeks #1 record?

Sanjeevi
1st June 2010, 11:23 AM
Sodermani fact file
2009 _ nadalku aaappu in french open. Preventin him from a french open consec titles record

nalla kelapurenga beethiya

steveaustin
1st June 2010, 07:22 PM
If posted already, please ignore.

Roger Federer in his younger days (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ADJMUkdWmo&feature=related)

omega
1st June 2010, 07:57 PM
Roger takes first set with ease 6-3...

tamizharasan
1st June 2010, 08:01 PM

Yes. One good news is federer is serving above 70 percent. As I said if federer gets his 2/3 rd of his first serves in (>66%) it is very difficult for even nadal to beat him on the clay.

omega
1st June 2010, 08:05 PM

Yes. One good news is federer is serving above 70 percent. As I said if federer gets his 2/3 rd of his first serves in (>66%) it is very difficult for even nadal to beat him on the clay.

Again to get a 70% against Nadal is a herculian task. Nadal is a much better returner than Soderling. Nadal stands a good 8 feet behind the base line (there is still more room particularly at Roland Garros) from which he could return pratically anything. It has to be extra perfect to wrong foot him.

omega
1st June 2010, 08:06 PM
Soderling breaks Roger in second set. Leads 2-0.

Dinesh84
1st June 2010, 09:52 PM
Mens Quater - Play suspended

Roger 6 3 5 (30)
Soderling 3 6 5 (15)

omega
1st June 2010, 10:32 PM
Play resumes & Soderling takes 3rd set 7-5.
Soderling leads 2-1...............
Fed has to dig really deep. Can he do it?
Rain definitely doesn't help Roger. He is a slow starter & not good in shorter versions.

omega
1st June 2010, 10:51 PM
Looks like Soderling could knock off the defending champion for the 2nd time in a row....

Sanjeevi
1st June 2010, 10:56 PM
Soderling will win?

Sanjeevi
1st June 2010, 11:02 PM
On the other match, Tomas Berdych thrashing

omega
1st June 2010, 11:10 PM
Soderling to serve for the match 5-4 in the 4th set.

omega
1st June 2010, 11:14 PM
Fed is out of FO........
If Nadal wins, could lose No. 1 ranking.........
Soderling :clap:

ajithfederer
1st June 2010, 11:17 PM
Just now opened hub to see this shock news. Where is Thamizharasan??. Ippo enna saar solringa?.

Soderling :clap:. Proves Last year's FO Final isn't a one hit wonder.

Sanjeevi
1st June 2010, 11:19 PM
Soderling :clap:
Federer :(

I think Nadal can not take the cup easily.

ajithfederer
1st June 2010, 11:20 PM
Lets Spare a thought for Federer who has proved his consistency by reaching 20+ semi finals in GS's.

Sanjeevi
1st June 2010, 11:33 PM
hmmm the reign of federer is fading?

omega
1st June 2010, 11:35 PM
This could very well be the beginning of the end of Fed era.......
Shocking it is......

Plum
1st June 2010, 11:42 PM
Well, the signs were always there is Fed is returning to the mortal world this year. Now the nail is truly in the coffin.
I think the burial will happen in Wimbledon to Fed's reign.

I guess sodermani will run out of steam like last year now in the finals against nadal, if not earlier.

ajithfederer
1st June 2010, 11:53 PM
This is just a hiccup a minor blip in that enviable streak of 23 grandslam semi-finals. It had to happen one day and it had happened. It's not easyt to win every match and be continously appearing in every semi and final of a GS?? :huh:.

Roger will be back to defend Wimbledon and to win US Open. Now that I am glad that the dirt season is over and I am waiting for the hardcourt season to unfurl itself.

Plum
1st June 2010, 11:59 PM
Af, naan edhaavaadhu sonnaa oru uLLartham irukkum. Read betwen the lines :)

omega
2nd June 2010, 12:07 AM
So, now it would be 24 straight GS QF appearance for Fed.
May be he would start another streak now...........

MADDY
2nd June 2010, 08:47 AM
Sodermani fact file

theerka tharisi Plum vaazhga :P

anyways, FO win is only a bonus for Fed, so losing here doesent mean much....... :)

Dinesh84
2nd June 2010, 09:47 AM
Sudermani was the better man yesterday.. he was moving very well on the court.. Feddy looked a bit tired :? .. and the rain didnt help him either.. so many play stops due to rain.. :x Nadar ku koppai uruthi.. :P

Bala (Karthik)
2nd June 2010, 11:33 AM
:banghead: :( Match-um paakkala, indha thread pakkamum varala, irundhum asambavidham aiduchu

:lol: @ 'Sudermani'

Plum
2nd June 2010, 11:56 AM
Bala, I think the Fed of yore is gone. We'll have to pick up crumbs here and there of the magic now. varalAru miga mukkiyamngaradhu vEra vishayam.

leosimha
2nd June 2010, 03:25 PM
FEDex gets derailed by SODex....

Plum
2nd June 2010, 04:27 PM
adhavadhu "Sodex Ho!" ?

leosimha
3rd June 2010, 01:35 PM
adhavadhu "Sodex Ho!" ?

:lol:

leosimha
3rd June 2010, 01:36 PM
Bala, I think the Fed of yore is gone. We'll have to pick up crumbs here and there of the magic now. varalAru miga mukkiyamngaradhu vEra vishayam.

we can't confirm this until Wimbledon and US Open happens....lets see these 2 opens and then decide....

ajithfederer
3rd June 2010, 07:56 PM
Yenga adhellam summa adikadi tennis threadskkellam vaanga.

:banghead: :( Match-um paakkala, indha thread pakkamum varala, irundhum asambavidham aiduchu

ajithfederer
23rd June 2010, 10:29 PM
1 set all Plum :P. 2nd set tie-break to Bozoljac.

ajithfederer
30th June 2010, 11:09 PM
News & Photos:
Articles
Federer blames defeat on back and leg injuries

Wednesday, 30 June 2010Roger Federer© AELTC/Pro Sport
Federer heartbreak

© AELTC/T Lovelock

For once, the press room came to bury Caesar, not to praise him. Six-time champion Roger Federer had slipped to a 6‑4, 3‑6, 6‑1, 6‑4 defeat at the hands of Tomas Berdych, failing to make the final here at Wimbledon for the first time since 2003. What followed was an autopsy - of an injured body and a technique against big-hitters that has suddenly become brittle.

"I couldn't play the way I wanted to play," said the No.1 seed ruefully. "I'm struggling with a little bit of a back and a leg issue that just doesn't quite allow me to play the way I would like to play, so it's frustrating, to say the least. When you're hurting, you just don't feel as comfortable. You can't concentrate on each and every point because you do feel the pain sometimes, then you tend to play differently than the way you want to play. You don't for example try to hit a running passing shot because you think you won't be able to pull it off. Under the circumstances I think I played a decent match, but I've been feeling bad for the last two, three matches now. It's just not good and healthy to play under these kind of conditions.

""The leg came in the finals of Halle, and that kind of never really quite got away from me. It came back a little bit after the first‑round match, and then went away again and just kept creeping back sometimes during the matches. The back's been feeling stiff the last five days, six days really badly, and also in the finals of Halle. It's just something that's been lingering on the grass. It's normal that the back tends to get stiff in the grass court season because you have to go for many more lower shots. I've had that for many years and I think many players have it, but it's just not nice when it doesn't go away and you can't play freely. Your back really hurts on defensive shots and that really hacks you off! And then after that you can't attack. That's what I was missing today. It's frustrating."

Federer's loss was the second in a row against Berdych and his second consecutive defeat in the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam after setting an unbelievable record of 23 straight semi-finals or better in majors. It also continued a worrying tendency of defeats against big-hitters: Berdych, Robin Soderling at the French Open, Ernests Gulbis in Rome and stretching back to Juan Martin del Potro at the 2009 US Open. Federer however was adamant that it was merely a temporary blip.

"If I'm healthy I can handle those guys. Obviously it's a pity that Del Potro is not around (due to a wrist injury), because I think he would have a run at world No. 1 or a run at another Grand Slam. It's unfortunate for him. These guys do play very well, but I've played these guys 10 times and they're not going to reinvent themselves in a year. I've got the keys to beat them. Soderling and Berdych have got more consistent and they can be more relaxed now when they play but I had the keys to win today. I just made some shocking decisions. That forehand in the final game where I was up for a break - totally the wrong decision."

What now for the deposed champion? For the first time in eight years, he finds himself with an empty calendar for the first weekend in July. "If there's anything good about this, it's that I'm gonna get some rest, that's for sure," said Federer. "I don't think (I'll watch the final on Sunday). Two weeks' vacation. The injuries will calm down after three, four, five days off. Losing here at Wimbledon will no doubt hurt more, but it's good to stop playing. It's what I need at the moment."

Federer will be best advised to avoid all media during his holidays. Not only will someone else brandish his Wimbledon crown, but on Monday he is scheduled to drop outside the top 2 in the ATP rankings for the first time since November 2003. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and in recent years there has been none bigger than Federer. He proved in 2009 than he can bounce back from adversity, and now he has to do it all over again.

by Drew Lilley

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2010-06-30/201006301277916541006.html
[tscii:f949fad222][/tscii:f949fad222]

ajithfederer
5th July 2010, 09:48 PM
ஆப்டர் ரெண்டாயிரத்தி மூணு நவம்பர்

Roger federer is in the 3rd rank.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

Sanjeevi
5th July 2010, 09:50 PM

hmmmm will he be at top again?

m_karthik
6th July 2010, 02:16 AM

hmmmm will he be at top again?

ATP Tennis rankings is all about defending the titles. Federer did not defend any of the titles he won last year. Only Cincinnati is pending. OTOH, Nadal won all the titles which he did not win last year, along with defending his clay titles...

The great competitor to challenge Nadal next year is Juan Martin Del Potro as he is not having any points to defend.

Nadal has two Grand Slams, 3 Masters which he should defend next year. Also he has so many SF appearances in Masters. He has to defend all this from next February. Till that time it's impossible to displace Nadal.

Now this should show how difficult and masterly for Federer to keep his No.1 ranking for 237 consecutive weeks. Till Nadal or any other has this record beaten, no one can call them as the greatest. IMO...

leosimha
8th July 2010, 02:26 PM
[tscii:85b66d2570]

No wonder Roger's feeling so Fed up

By Derek Mcgovern 8/07/2010

Roger Federer is the most single-minded man in tennis, although from time to time he does play doubles too.
People have been writing him off because of his premature Wimbledon exit but I reckon it's far too early for that. Instead I'm waiting until later this afternoon.
Things are so bad that Fed is not even No.2 in the world these days. That title goes to Novak Djokovic who has risen that high without, as far as I can remember, ever winning a title apart from young impressionist of the year.
But that's not the signal for Fed to call it quits. That day will arrive if ever Andy Murray climbs above him. Many women J even have thrown in the towel after that.
Unbelievably, Murray and Fed are the same price (3-1) to win next year's Wimbledon. I'm not saying Federer is a fantastic bet at those odds, what I'm saying is that at those odds Murray is the worst bet in the world.

Federer was No.1 for 285 weeks, one short of Pete Sampras and 722 short of Everything I Do I Do It For You. He's a very tasty 7-2 with Hills not to have won another Major by the end of 2012.
Wimbledon champion Rafa Nadal, world No.1 by a mile, is only second-favourite at 3-1 (behind 5-2 Federer) for next month's US Open.
The Spaniard is desperate for the one Grand Slam trophy to have eluded him to fill his trophy cabinet. He will spend the next three weeks at home in Majorca to fill his boots.
Us Open (Hills): 5-2 R Federer, 3-1 R Nadal, 7-2 A Murray. Wimbledon 2011: 15-8 Nadal, 3-1 Murray, Federer.

Link - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/mcgovern/2010/07/08/no-wonder-roger-s-feeling-so-fed-up-115875-22396349/[/tscii:85b66d2570]

leosimha
17th July 2010, 02:08 AM
[tscii:bc9899e132]

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal: Two Different Paths to Greatness, Part I
By TIM RUFFIN (Featured Columnist) on March 24, 2010

Some of you may have already formed an opinion about this piece without having made it all the way though this sentence. So be it. You have already made up your mind, and I really don't care enough to try to change it.

For the rest of my fellow Bleacher Reporters, hear me out.

It's true, I seem to have developed a bit of a reputation as a "Federer hater," as a few of Roger's devout followers have tagged me during a few heated exchanges. It's a pretty entertaining notion to me. Strike that, it's very funny.

How can I hate someone that I don't know personally? I can't.

A few comments about my not caring much for Federer's personality have been blown out of proportion. Allow me to clear up any lingering questions before we dive into this article.

First, I don't hate the man. I think that he's a phenomenal tennis player. He's helped carry the sport in the post Agassi/Sampras years, a time when tennis could have really fallen off the map.

Roger has been a great ambassador for the sport. I don't have to be his personal cheerleader in order to recognize that. Greatness transcends likeability.

For my own personal taste, he's a little too smug for me to be a die-hard follower. But that's an issue of personal taste.

From a tennis standpoint, he's one of the best players ever. That's about high a praise as any tennis player can get.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's talk tennis.

We are obviously entering one of the most important stretches of the tennis season. Indian Wells is in the rear view mirror as we pull into the next stop, Miami.

This season has really been about two men. You can guess who.

As has been the case since mid-2005, the biggest stories in tennis are Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. I'm tired of saying these two names, reading these two names, seeing slide shows about these two names. Let's not even mention the words "head-to-head."

We've had enough of that fruitless debate. But honestly, you’re not talking men's tennis today if you're not talking Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal.

What I want to touch on is the paths these two legends have taken (it feels weird to call Nadal a legend before his 24th birthday; Federer's been doing his thing long enough that it seems to suit him). Legends they are, about this there can be no argument. But there has been a lot of interesting conversation and debate.

We all know that Federer started out 2010 in style, washing the taste of a disappointing 2009 from his mouth. Many people jumped the Federer ship from mid-2008 until mid-2009. Surprisingly enough, many of the jumpers were Roger's own fans.

Grasping for a reason why, he was only winning one major in a year, as opposed to three. We were looking for answers as to how he could possibly surrender his beloved Wimbledon title to a "clay court specialist."

Finally, wondering why the man called "the Maestro" (one of the all time great sports nicknames, second only to the "Federer Express"), could no longer seem to beat his rival in an important match.

We heard the mono argument, the back problems, and the "old" age argument. But by May 2009, Federer went from a clear cut second fiddle to Nadal, back to No. 1 with a bullet by the time the American summer hard-court swing came around.

What a year.

The time for partisan behavior and ideological rants is over. We now have a much clearer picture of the Federer situation. The honest truth is that, at his very best, the Maestro is virtually unbeatable.

Scratch that, the man is unbeatable. He hasn't lost a single step; his backhand is better than it's ever been; and he remains one of the fittest players on tour. He's under 30, and has two to three more years to contend for the No. 1 ranking.

Federer will be a serious challenger to win any major he enters, regardless of the surface or field. He's earned the right to be taken seriously until the day he decides to hang up his white Wimbledon blazer and Wilson racquets for good—even if he's 35 or 36 at the time.

All that being said, Federer is no longer the threat for 90-match win streak that he once was. He is no longer an oppressively dominant World No. 1. In my opinion, he's no longer a serious threat to win the calendar Grand Slam.

Stay with me. This next point is going to sound like a contradiction, but it isn't.

Federer has continued to make marginal improvements to his game each year, and is arguably a better player than he was in 2006 or 2007; he's easier to beat now than ever.

Mentally, tennis takes its toll. Anyone who's a halfway decent player will tell you this. The focus, the concentration it takes to be a professional is something that most of us will never be able to grasp.

It's the reason Pete Sampras or Steffi Graf can simply walk away from the sport and never really look back.

It's the reason Mats Wilander won three majors in 1988 and then basically fell off of the radar.

It's the reason a player like James Blake, who was at one point in his career three spots off from the No. 1 ranking, can fall into the 50's and lose matches to Nicholas Almagro.

It takes so much focus to play on the tour week in and week out, let alone win week in and week out, and fend off the challenges of the hungry up and comers. Only Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras have dealt the advances of the ensuing generation of tennis players as well as Federer.

While Federer has crushed the hopes and dreams of most of the youngsters he's faced (Djokovic, Murray, Baghdatis, the list goes on), the constant pressure of having to hold onto the top spot takes its toll.

I believe that we are beginning to see the wear and tear on Federer, not physically but mentally.

Federer is showing signs of mental fatigue for sure. Who could blame him? He's gone through a historic stretch from 2003 until the present: The majors, the weeks spent at number one, the Grand Slam semifinals, and let’s not forget the four years prior spent grinding on the back courts of the ATP Tour getting his game ready to dominate.

In 2008, I didn't feel that Federer's tennis was poor, or his body beaten up excessively. I think that Nadal was vastly improved, and as stated in Federer's own words, Nadal was simply better than everybody that year.

However, if there is one pass we'll give Federer in 2008, it's in Australia.

I watched his game that entire year; I knew something was wrong physically in Australia. He was slower and really looked out of it at times. But by March and April, I could see that the problem wasn't physical any longer. Mentally, there seemed to be a glitch in Federer's thinking.

I once told my students that Roger Federer had the highest tennis IQ of anyone who ever played. Whereas guys like Pete Sampras, or Andre Agassi won by simply imposing their game on an opponent, Federer actually could breakdown an opponent's game and render him mentally defeated after a few games.

This was reminiscent of Jimmy Connors, but Federer could also probe a player and dissect him the way Mats Wilander could at the height of his powers. But then, Federer had the natural ability of a John McEnroe, and the vision of an Andre Agassi.

From 2004-2007, he was virtually untouchable—outside of a young Nadal. Nadal's game was still evolving and not nearly as polished as it would later become. Outside of the clay, Federer was really operating in his own zip code. The peerless Federer slice backhand was the undoing of many a good player. Through his dominant stretch, men's tennis was becoming predictable.

But from late 2008 and into 2009, Federer changed. For reasons ultimately known only him, the trademark probing and dissecting of players gradually gave way to his new "shock and awe" brand of tennis.

It started with the forehand, hitting five to seven miles per hour harder than usual. Federer began to look to bust points open with crushing down the line forehands, instead of the whipping, cross-court winners he used to employ.

The main difference being that this new trademark forehand was riskier. He made more errors than he had been making. The cross-court whip was usually a product of four or five well-placed shots, which set him up perfectly for the easy put away shot.

The newer incarnation of Federer seems to be a lot less patient, especially on big points. When feeling his game, he is still utterly dismissive of the competition (see 2010 Australian Open final) but he seems to be "feeling it" a lot less frequently in matches than he used to.

The new Federer goes through more mental lapses, unexplained error-filled patches, and voices his frustration more openly than ever before. Ultimately he usually gets himself back on track, but these are early signs of mental burnout.

The 2009 U.S. Open final confirmed my hunch more than ever.

Federer has never been bothered by power. In fact he welcomes pace, especially flat pace such as that which comes off the racquet of one Juan Martin del Potro. Marat Safin, Andy Roddick, and James Blake can all testify to this.

Federer was literally cruising, but left the door ajar for a young kid to have the gumption to believe that he should not only be in the match with Federer, but win it. Halfway through the match, Federer stopped probing and started slugging. A curious tactic change to say the least.

I mean, what was he thinking? He was going to win a pace war with a man five inches taller and at least 20 pounds heavier?

At one point I called it "arrogance," thinking that Federer wanted to prove that he could beat anyone at their own game. But in hindsight, I think I was wrong. He gave del Potro a level of comfort, one that he never would have afforded him four years ago.

Federer won the bulk of his majors because he was able to mentally breakdown almost everyone on tour. The variety, the probing slice backhand which pulled so many top-10 players out of position and left them virtually helpless as Federer flicked an easy winner right by them, caused the player to become demoralized very early on in the match.

It's a common misconception that Federer is miles above the rest of the field in terms of talent. Yes, he is a supremely gifted player with more variety than anyone. But talent alone doesn’t always win the day.

Federer was great at keeping players out of a groove, keeping them nervous and uneasy as to where the ball was going to land that they could never get their own game on track.

I don't care how talented a player is, if he's playing a huge hitter (like a del Potro) who has a dominant one-track game, if the big hitter gets into a serious groove it’s all over. Ask Pete Sampras, he wasn't nearly the point constructor, tactician or ball striker that Andre Agassi was, yet when he connected with one fell swing of the racquet, the dynamic changed quickly.

Federer had a knack for knowing how to keep the dangerous players completely off balance at all times. He knew how to raise his own game by bring his opponent's level down. It was truly brilliant, by keeping guys like Safin and Roddick on their toes and taking away their ability to anticipate he caused them to get to the ball late, thus preventing them from hitting the ball with full authority and getting into a power rhythm.

In a recent loss to the talented Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis, the same lack of patience and subtle point construction seemed to be on display once again. The brilliant winners Federer went after looked magical and intimidating...when they dropped inside the line.

The problem was that they didn't drop in quite often enough. The result was an early exit against a steadier, more patient opponent. The telling sound bite came after the match when Federer expressed he wasn't aggressive enough. One would think that given the number of bad errors, at bad points in the match he would have articulated the opposite.

But Federer seems bent on going for even more. It’s as though he's grown weary of rallying. Perhaps he's trying to save his body and prolong his illustrious career a bit longer at the back end by reducing the mileage on his body. But man with a tennis IQ as off the charts as Roger Federer must know that he isn't Pete Sampras.

His game has never been based on power serving, two-shot rallies, and basically bludgeoning opponents into submission. Exactly the opposite: Federer has achieved greatness by grooving himself into a deep rhythm, knowing where the ball is going to be, working the point until his genius seeps out with a seemingly routine winner.

Sampras won a lot of matches in his own way, by expending as little energy as possible and cruising to 6-4, 7-6 victories that bored many a tennis fan and made matches appear to be much closer than they really ever were. For his part, Federer of old won matches 6-1, 6-2, setting up his winners with precision and dazzling shot-making.

It's a flashier, genius brand of tennis.

It's endeared him to a lot of fans, but it also takes more of a mental toll.

If Sampras was Beethoven, then Federer is Mozart.

Federer has been both on and off in 2010. To his credit, he's looked excellent in the most important matches. But with his new style of play, comes a hoard of hungry ATP players,
Players who no longer fear Federer the way guys did a few years ago. They know that they have a shot against him. They look at matches against him as an opportunity, rather than a sentence. They know that he could possibly beat himself, which is something that hasn't been true in a while.

Federer can lose a match now; this brings renewed hope to everyone on tour when you consider that player pretty much knew they had no chance at all against the Maestro.

To be continued...

Link - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/368351-fed-and-rafa-two-different-paths-to-greatness-pt-1[/tscii:bc9899e132]

Part 2 continued here - http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2184384#2184384

leosimha
22nd July 2010, 04:03 PM
Nick Bollettieri Unconvincing in Roger Federer 'Injury' Defense
By Sam Haddad (Contributor) on July 19, 2010

The renowned tennis coach and guru, Nick Bollettieri, is certainly a fan of Federer, which explains his recent willingness to refute what, it seems, has already been done and dusted over the previous two weeks.

Roger Federer indeed unleashed the dreaded "injury excuse" at a news conference after losing to Tomas Berdych, without being specifically asked by the interviewer (that is in answering the second question of the interview, directly related to his opponent), and without showing the normal signs (to me at least) of a player in some physical discomfort.

Federer's physical issues are not of the extent as to warrant blaming his Wimbledon loss to Berdych on them, as the player himself and some of his fans were doing, among them Bollettieri.

Call me old fashioned, but after years of following this game I always thought a tennis player exhibited certain mannerisms on court that showed injury was a factor: tell-tale signs such as a grimace, a stretch here or there after a demanding rally, or, heaven forbid, the call for the trainer. I can understand the reluctance of the latter for some, so as not to show weakness, but Federer displayed none of the above mentioned idiosyncrasies of the injured.

In fact, the only deviation from his now trademark calm exterior were several piercing COME ONS, the last of which occurring when Federer hit a scintillating backhand passing shot at 15-all in the final game.

He moved with his usual gazelle-like smoothness, albeit the diminished smoothness of a gazelle who has run from one too many lions in his lifetime. Federer may have been half a step slower that day, but that is due to the competition putting greater pressure on him than ever before...not to an injury-related weakened capacity, as some are claiming.

To go back to the third paragraph, Federer has struggled with some sort of back problem since the beginning of his career, but has also won a record 16 Grand Slams and countless other titles while playing on and off, with it.

Federer's sudden use of this affliction to explain his quarterfinal loss, which was not used by him to explain other major losses, was criticised by many over the world since that sunny Wednesday. And then came Mr. Bollettieri.

The prominent tennis coach, mentor, and founder of the Bollettieri Tennis Academy, was right on some points in his comments made to an Indian newspaper while on a visit to New Delhi. He mentioned Federer's back problem, which as earlier noted, has been almost a permanent fixture of this player from the beginning.

However, Bollettieri was wrong in stating that it was hampering him on that fateful day in late June, as it did, for instance, during his match with Andy Murray at the 2008 Masters Cup in Shanghai when Federer actually did call a trainer to have work done on that area.

Bollettieri was also right in noting that it will be tougher now for Federer to win at the majors because "players no longer fear playing him," amply proved by Berdych's fantastic and gutsy performance against the Swiss.

Again, the American coach missed the mark when stating that "Federer doesn't make excuses." Let me see if I can refute that.

Ok, here are a couple of examples: after losing to Novak Djokovic at the Miami Masters event in 2009, Federer blamed the wind for his loss, and after a tough loss to Nadal at Wimbledon two years ago, he said that fading light aided in his defeat, knowing full well that this factor was the same for both players.

I have written before about Federer's lack of shyness when looking to pin his loss on certain factors.

When Federer himself does not lay blame for his loss on a physical issue, sometimes a newspaper or its writer probably influenced by admiration for the player, obliges in this regard.

A case in point is the 2009 US Open. In the semifinals, Federer beat the dangerous Novak Djokovic in straight sets, playing an outlandish between-the-legs shot (a tweener to some) for an outright winner. A shot that, for most, is merely a defensive maneuver, but not for RF.

The next day, he came across the towering Argentine, Juan Martin Del Potro, and basically ran into a Sherman Tank. Del Potro was intent on winning that match and his missiles from both wings did not betray.

Federer admitted during the victory ceremony that Del Potro was "the best", and later praised the Argentine's efforts in achieving that monumental win at the post-match news conference.

But alas, soon afterwards a Swiss newspaper felt it necessary to state that its countryman was affected by a stiff back during the match, even though Federer himself made no mention of any physical struggles during the official news conference.

Aches and pains, especially towards the end of the season, are a normal occurrence among players. But even if this "stiffness" was of such acuity that it affected Federer's performance in that match, like the recent Berdych encounter, the Swiss showed no signs of it, unless his tirade at the umpire in the third set was caused by extreme pain!

Federer is still the same sublime player he was when he burst onto the scene in 2003 with his first Wimbledon win. However, the combination of his age (he will be 29 soon) and the recent ability of some of the younger players to figure out his game, has meant that his powers have somewhat subsided.

His single-handed backhand, beautiful to watch, is becoming a liability against certain players who are now capable of consistently exploiting it with heavy inside-out forehands, and eventually drawing out the error. For lefty Nadal, attacking that wing is as natural for him as a walk in the park, cross-court being the easiest way for him to hit his heavily-torqued forehand.

Also, some of the young guns are even able to go mano a mano with Federer off the forehand wing and still fancy their chances, a tactic that used to be akin to attempted suicide!

These players have the strength to really clobber the ball, hitting through the court at a greater pace than their predecessors.

After years on top, it is natural for Federer to begin a slight decline. His fans should not cry "injury" every time he loses a big match, because that would be unfair to the opponent who played well to beat him, and also to the man himself, who I'm sure really wants to enjoy this latter stage of his career.

Federer needs to get back to the drawing board, as it were, and carefully assess his current place in today's game.

Link - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/422093-nick-bollettieri-unconvincing-in-roger-federer-injury-defense

omega
28th July 2010, 02:36 PM
[tscii:ddccbe358d]Federer to work with Paul Annacone on trial basis

MIAMI (AP)—With his ranking on the decline, Roger Federer is working with coach Paul Annacone on a trial basis.

Annacone, an American, is the former coach of Pete Sampras. He also coached Marat Safin and Tim Henman, and is now the head coach of men’s tennis for Britain’s Lawn Tennis Association.

“I’ve been looking to add someone to my team, and I’ve decided to spend some days with Paul Annacone,” Federer said on his website Monday. “As Paul winds down his responsibilities working for the Lawn Tennis Association, we will explore our relationship through this test period. Paul will work alongside my existing team, and I am excited to learn from his experiences.”

In the past two months Federer has slipped to No. 3 in the ATP rankings, the first time since November 2003 he’s been that low. He trails No. 1 Rafael Nadal and No. 2 Novak Djokovic.

Federer has worked with coaches Darren Cahill, Jose Higueras and Tony Roche, but has also gone without a coach for extended stretches.

He’s scheduled to play his first tournament since Wimbledon beginning Aug. 9 in Toronto. He plans to play in Cincinnati the following week before heading to the U.S. Open, and may be accompanied by Annacone.

“They will take the necessary time to see if the relationship can work,” Federer’s agent, Tony Godsick, said in an e-mail. “I would assume that Paul, if he can work it in with his remaining responsibilities and schedule with the LTA, will join Roger for some of his upcoming summer hard court events in North America.”

Federer’s most recent title came in January at the Australian Open, his 16th Grand Slam championship. His record streak of reaching the semifinals at 23 consecutive major tournaments ended when he lost in the quarterfinals at the French Open.

At Wimbledon, he also lost in the quarterfinals following seven consecutive appearances in the final.

Federer topped the rankings earlier this year but was overtaken by Nadal after the French Open. That left Federer one week shy of tying Sampras’ career record of 286 total weeks at No. 1.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=6725&zoneid=4[/tscii:ddccbe358d]

venkkiram
22nd August 2010, 06:03 AM
பட்டைய கிளப்பராரு! சூப்பரப்பு!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w&feature=player_embedded

m_karthik
22nd August 2010, 11:56 AM

:notworthy: :2thumbsup: :frightened:

thanks for sharing venkkiram

m_karthik
22nd August 2010, 12:00 PM

Same Video with slow mo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PhVHC-3zCI&feature=related

ajithfederer
30th August 2010, 10:43 PM
[tscii:7d97bc1ec6]Roger's Q&A Session from FB with his fans. His responses are emboldened.

Goreti Faria: If you could choose a tennis player (ever) to play against in a grand slam final, who would that player be?

Here’s what I am thinking tonight..I would probably choose to play Borg @ Roland Garros, Laver @ the Australian Open, Edberg @ Wimbledon and McEnroe @ the US Open.

Richard Hayes: Hello Roger.. So excited for this years U.S. Open. Make it #17. Just wondering if you can dunk a basketball?

I can dunk a tennis ball (not a basketball), but I must admit, I can’t do anything like the NBA dudes. I am going to stick to tennis!

Joan Girardi: Roger, Your outfits are amazing. There is always a theme for every slam. Are you involved in the designs or any aspect of it?

Yes. I spend a lot of time with the designers at Nike discussing the outfits and trying to come up with creative ideas for each slam. Check out the shoes I’ll wear during US Open day matches (it has the NY skyline on them)![/tscii:7d97bc1ec6]

tamizharasan
30th August 2010, 11:09 PM
I have a gut feeling that Federer will face Nadal in the final of this year's US Open.

omega
31st August 2010, 12:37 AM
I have a gut feeling that Federer will face Nadal in the final of this year's US Open.

and...........your gut feeling wouldn't have ended there, right?

ajithfederer
31st August 2010, 01:31 AM
:rotfl:.

omega
31st August 2010, 07:09 AM
Roger is in Arthur Ashe, praticing with Brian Dabul (ARG)....
Fed in navy blue outfit with white piping....

omega
31st August 2010, 08:14 AM
Roger :notworthy: produces another shot between the legs, similar to the one that he had last year against Novak. This one definitely looked better to me as it was from way behind the base line (almost near the wall) & went deeper as well....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ajithfederer
31st August 2010, 08:20 AM
+1 nga :).

Roger :notworthy: produces another shot between the legs, similar to the one that he had last year against Novak. This one definitely looked better to me as it was from way behind the base line (almost near the wall) & went deeper as well....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

omega
31st August 2010, 04:53 PM
Here's the video for between the legs shot of Roger..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeG9U51X6pM

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 07:17 PM

Yes. But there is no point in predicting after that. predict paNNi oru prayOjanamum illa.

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 07:19 PM
Here's the video for between the legs shot of Roger..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeG9U51X6pM

Yes. But unfortunately that is the only good shot in that game, in which he lost the four break opportunities. First round victory was impressive but still a long way to go.

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 07:45 PM
According to McEnroe US open is the fastest among grand slams. If that is the case then how wimbledon produces more aces than US open.

ajithfederer
31st August 2010, 07:47 PM
We are in 2010 now :lol:. j/k :).

According to Mcenroe ellam illa it is a fact now. Wimbledon as many have observed has considerably reduced in speed. Deco Turf is the fastest surface available in Men's circuit now. To my observation it has less bounce and more speed and it skids more on the surface.

Omega/other hubbers may clarify on this.

According to McEnroe US open is the fastest among grand slams. If that is the case then how wimbledon produces more aces than US open.

omega
31st August 2010, 08:13 PM
Yes, US Open is the fastest among the GS surfaces that we have.
I don't believe serving aces has everything to do with surface.

What baffled me was, Mcnroe bros' were discussing something like "don't know, why they have left USOpen to be faster still" as if it was a sin to have pacy surfaces.......I didn't watch the whole match, so I am not sure if it was a sarcastic comment or was it a serious thought........

To me Roger looked pretty good. Yes the breakpoint conversion has been the biggest problem for quite sometime. Hope it gets better.

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 09:35 PM

What baffled me was, Mcnroe bros' were discussing something like "don't know, why they have left USOpen to be faster still" as if it was a sin to have pacy surfaces.......I didn't watch the whole match, so I am not sure if it was a sarcastic comment or was it a serious thought........

To me Roger looked pretty good. Yes the breakpoint conversion has been the biggest problem for quite sometime. Hope it gets better.

McEnroe is done with Federer now. He is supporting Nadal with full heart now. Because it is all marketing strategy. He flies in the direction where wind goes. I am very happy that Pete Sampras and Boris Becker are not playing in this era.

omega
31st August 2010, 11:10 PM

McEnroe is done with Federer now. He is supporting Nadal with full heart now. Because it is all marketing strategy. He flies in the direction where wind goes. I am very happy that Pete Sampras and Boris Becker are not playing in this era.

John atleast has some hope left for Fed not Pat though. He thinks Fed is a done deal.....

Fed's 2010 performance to date would have been considered a dream run for any other top 10 player other than the top 2....

They me be right afterall.....

ajithfederer
1st September 2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NChuiwwpr6Q&feature=player_embedded

Lindt Lindor Truffles and Roger Federer "Airport" TV Commercial -- Extended Cut

The laidees are :P.

ajithfederer
2nd September 2010, 10:52 PM
Federer looks to regain the US Open crown
By Erin Bruehl

Thursday, September 2, 2010
Roger Federer has heard the talk and read some of the press about him losing his greatness and starting the decline of his career.

The talk first started back in 2008 when he only won one Grand Slam tournament at the US Open and lost the world No.1 ranking. However, the mighty Federer rebounded to complete the career Grand Slam in 2009 with his first French Open title and then became the all-time Grand Slam tournament titles leader with his 15th at Wimbledon and regained the top ranking.

He suffered an admittedly disappointing loss in the 2009 US Open final to Juan Martin del Potro but rebounded to start 2010 with his 16th Grand Slam tournament title at the Australian Open.

But then his ridiculous Grand Slam tournament semifinal streak was snapped at the 2010 French Open at 23, when he lost in the quarterfinals to Robin Soderling. It was the first time he missed a Slam semifinal since 2004. The loss also left him one week shy of tying Pete Sampras' all-time record of weeks at No. 1 in the world as he lost the top ranking to champion Rafael Nadal. Even more shocking, the five-time Wimbledon champion then lost in the quarterfinals at the All England Club to Tomas Berdych.

Nadal then won Wimbledon for his eighth Grand Slam tournament title and all the talk began anew that the great Federer was in decline, as losses such as those in Paris and London were unfathomable for Federer just a few years prior.

He then took six weeks off from competition after Wimbledon, returning during the Olympus US Open Series, where he won his second title of the year at the Cincinnati Masters, heading right into the US Open.

But all the talk, all the press about his decline does not bother Federer, now 29. The way he looks at it, it is a testament to all the great things he has done in his career and hardly sees himself in serious decline at No. 2 in the world and winning a Grand Slam tournament title this year, noting it is very difficult to keep up the pace he once had.

And he now looks to make it two majors this year and regain his US Open title, feeling mentally fresh and physically perfect as he goes for his 17th overall major and sixth in Flushing Meadows. It would also certainly help silence the rumblings, at least for awhile.

"At times I took it as a compliment really, too. I mean, I was No. 2 in the world most of the time and playing winning one or two Slams a year and I was on the downslide," Federer said. "You can't win every season 12 tournaments. That's clear for me well enough. I spoiled myself by playing so well, and you just prepare for the times when it's just maybe not 12 tournaments a season, you know. If it's two or four or six, it's still a good season depending on how you're feeling, how you're practicing, how you're evolving as a player. I was always making sure I tried to get better."

After his loss to Berdych at Wimbledon, Federer admitted his frustration at not being able to play the way he wanted and knew he could because of a back problem. He also missed time with a lung infection earlier in the year, admitting maybe he should have taken some time off to recover but wants to play tournaments and has no fear.

"I'm not scared of taking losses," he said. "I wanted to know where I stand, and the only place I could find out is at tournaments. Hopefully I'm not losing in the first or second round. I like to play. And if people think, 'Oh, he's not the same', well, that's not something new, because I knew I was not the same playing for a few events."

His fellow players would agree he is still a major threat in any tournament.

"I think from a player's point of view, he's still obviously one of the best players in the world, for sure," Andy Murray, ranked No. 4, said. "When the big tournaments come around, he's always one of the big favorites to win. Yeah, that's kind of what goes through my head. I think it's pretty poor judgment if that's what you think (that he is on the downside or done)."

During Federer's six weeks off after Wimbledon, he spent time with family and friends in Switzerland to clear his mind and get over such a frustrating loss. When he returned to competition in Toronto, his muscles ached from the return to being pushed in a match.

"I feel as good as I can feel prior to a Grand Slam," Federer said just before the start of the 2010 US Open. "I have no niggling injuries, no pain anywhere. After going through a tough Toronto really I had a lot of muscle pain, my arm, my wrist, my chest, my shoulder. Coming back right off the bat after six weeks and playing such tough matches early on was tough on the body."

By the time he moved through Cincinnati, the soreness was gone. And from his first match against Brian Dabul on Opening Night in Flushing Meadows, he looked back to his usual self.

It was an easy 6-1, 6-4, 6-2 win for Federer that included one of the best shots of his career. His famous 'The Tweener' from his semifinal win over Novak Djokovic at the 2009 US Open was one of his best, as he hit a shot between his legs for a winner that put him just a few points from winning the match.

And Monday night he did it again. Running back to the baseline to catch up with a Dabul return - on a ball he admittedly did not do enough with - he reached the shot and did it again. He hit the return between his legs, with the ball landing just inside the right line of the court as the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

Federer himself could not believe it, as he raised his arms over his head and then flapped them down. For Dabul, there was nothing he could do with it.

"Obviously the importance of last year's (between the legs shot) was probably a little bit more important just because I think it was Love-30 to go Love-40, two points away from the match, and it was a semifinal. So obviously that has a little bit of an impact, too," Federer said when he was asked to compare the tweeners. "But maybe in terms of difficulty maybe this one was harder, because I had the feeling I had to run a longer distance and I was further back somehow, I felt. I had to really give the last big push at the end. I didn't have time to set it up. So I felt like this one was incredible again. I turned around and couldn't believe the shot landed in the corner.

"So (the) ovation was fantastic. Crowds went wild. Yeah, you could see on my reaction I couldn't believe it," he added.

He has also caused quite a sensation with another shot this summer - this on the internet - as fans questioned and are still questioning whether it was real or not. In a commercial take for Gillette, the video shows Federer knocking a bottle off someone's head with a serve. But he will not say much more about it.

"The shots on center court in front of 22,000 people is a bit more difficult than what I did at the Gillette commercial," he said. "That (the video) was just having a bit more fun. No, I can't tell you if it's real or not. That's up for debate."

This summer Federer also made an addition to his team, hiring Paul Annacone, Pete Sampras' former coach. They started the partnership as a test trial but things have worked out well and Annacone is being integrated into the Federer team. Annacone has been the head coach of men's tennis for the British Lawn Tennis Association, for which he still has responsibilities.

"He's a very nice guy and he's very calm and speaks as experience from a player and as a coach, as well," he said of what Annacone brings to the team that also includes Swiss Davis Cup Captain Severin Luthi.

As a father to twin daughters, who are just over a year old, with wife Mirka, Federer also appreciates the insight Annacone can provide regarding balancing tennis and family.

"I guess he also had kids early as a player, so he knows how to handle that," he added. "You know, it's just nice to hear, a different fresh different voice for a change."

At the 2010 US Open, many fans would love to see Federer renew his rivalry with Nadal. The two have not met in a Grand Slam tournament since the 2009 Australian Open, which Nadal won in five sets. On opposite sides of the draw, the two could only meet in the final. In contrast to many rivals, Federer and Nadal not only respect each other tremendously on and off the court but are very friendly.

They have never played at the US Open, where Nadal has never reached the final. Federer would love to make this year their first meeting in New York.

"I think it would be great. We've played in all the other majors," Federer said. "I hope we can do it this year, otherwise I think we'll both be around for quite a bit longer that we'll have a chance further down the stretch.

"He's been my rival for almost five years now, so we're a very healthy rivalry," he added. "We get along really well. We chat a lot in the locker rooms, just hang out sometimes, play XOs against each other. So it's been nice to have such a rival like Rafa who has been so respectful, really. I think I've helped him to be a better player; same for me. I think he's helped me to become a better player."

Nadal is also joining Federer in a December exhibition match in Switzerland with all proceeds going to Federer's foundation. He agreed with Federer about their friendship and the way they push each other on the court.

"I think Roger and me understand exactly what happen outside the court and what happen inside the court," Nadal said of their relationship. "So the matches, you win the matches inside the court. You fight all inside the court. But when the match is done, is finished. So I think we understand that it's only a game.That's not the more important thing of this life."

And make no mistake, Federer is in every tournament to win. Playing well is very important but he is never satisfied just reaching a semifinal or a final. Losing the US Open final to del Potro last year was hard because he knew he had chances to win and let the match get away and against a player of del Potro's caliber, it cost him.

A win this year in Flushing Meadows would surely help ease the pain - and the talk about any diminished skills.

"Maybe there is an extra incentive for me to try to win it (the US Open) again after being two points away last year. It was a disappointing loss for me," he said. "I felt like that was one of the finals I should have never lost. At the end, del Potro played great and deserved the victory. It was a tough one to swallow.

"But I've had a bit of an up and down season so far," he added. "I've won the Australian Open, so I have a chance to win a second one (Grand Slam tournament) this season. There's still a lot to play for. That's why I'm excited to be back in New York and feeling great."

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2010-09-02/201008311283298906585.html

[tscii:d57b387e82][/tscii:d57b387e82]

leosimha
7th September 2010, 02:20 PM
Roger Federer Hits Another Tweener Between The Legs Shot - US Open 2010 - 1st Round

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZnC6jcRQRg

:clap: simply superb.

ajithfederer
8th September 2010, 09:09 PM
I am travelling to Flushing Meadows (Queens), NY today to watch the quarter final match between Roger and Soderling. I have tickets for the 7 o clock event but I would be first watching the ladies singles match of Wozniacki and cibulkova.

VinodKumar's
8th September 2010, 09:13 PM
I am travelling to Flushing Meadows (Queens), NY today to watch the quarter final match between Roger and Soderling. I have tickets for the 7 o clock event but I would be first watching the ladies singles match of Wozniacki and cibulkova.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :poramaiya irruku:

Intha varusam plan panniyum poga mudila :oops:

ajithfederer
8th September 2010, 09:17 PM
Roger has the toughest draw from now on with the possible opponents being Soderling, Djokovic and Nadal all of whom have beaten Roger in the near recent times.

tamizharasan
8th September 2010, 10:07 PM

Make sure that Federer wins this match in straight sets.. :lol:

tamizharasan
8th September 2010, 10:10 PM
Roger has the toughest draw from now on with the possible opponents being Soderling, Djokovic and Nadal all of whom have beaten Roger in the near recent times.

Yes. On the otherside of the draw Nadal has got the easiest possible draw after Murray and Tomas Berdych and David nalbandian got knocked out. But I still favor Federer to win this tournament.

tamizharasan
8th September 2010, 10:14 PM
[tscii:101b8bd07b] from tennis.com

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/features_usopen.aspx?articleid=7527&zoneid=37

One to Watch: Day 10
By Ed McGrogan September 8, 2010

Soderling pushed Federer in their quarterfinal match last year at the Open, but the Swiss prevailed in four. (Emmanuel Dunand/AFP/Getty Images)

Email
Print
Subscribe

Robin Soderling [5] vs. Roger Federer [1] (Arthur Ashe Stadium, second night match)

All right, Federer fanatics: I know you can name who your man played in each of his 22 career Grand Slam finals. But can you name everyone he’s faced in the quarterfinals of a major?

I’m guessing only the most diehard of Fed freaks—the “RF” tattoo is a dead giveaway—could rattle off the names. From 2005 to 2009, Federer was 20-0 in Slam quarterfinals, and not one of those matches went five sets. His opponents were mere stepping stones en route to the final four and beyond, forgotten as quickly as they were beaten.

It’s been a different story this season. We know Federer’s most recent quarterfinal adversaries because two of them won the match—Soderling at the French Open and Tomas Berdych at Wimbledon—and the other, Nikolay Davydenko, outclassed Federer for a set and a half in Melbourne before ultimately wilting.

Will Federer run into more trouble in Wednesday’s quarterfinal against Soderling? Based on their last two encounters, there’s reason to think so. They met at the same stage of the U.S. Open last year, and while Federer prevailed in four, Soderling nearly took the match the distance, holding a set point in the fourth-set tiebreaker. When they next collided in Paris, Soderling finally broke through, beating Federer for the first time in 13 tries and ending his consecutive Slam semifinal streak at 23.

Serving will go a long way in determining how their 14th meeting will play out. When Federer serves well, there’s almost no one who can beat him. When Soderling serves well, there’s almost no one he can’t beat. He’ll need all the “free” points he can get against Federer, who is faster, has a better transition game, and is more confident at net. The Swede managed to hang with the Swiss on the ground at Roland Garros, but Soderling will have less time to set up his blistering shots on the Ashe asphalt. Everything suggests that Federer should dominate once the ball is in play.

With that said, Soderling has made significant inroads on Federer this summer. How? It’s simple, really: He’s been ultra-aggressive when chances came, and he hasn't missed much. Soderling must employ the same strategy tonight if he hopes to score another upset. He’s certainly capable of pulling it off, but everything must be clicking. Federer has a way of throwing wrenches into opponents’ plans. Just ask one his fans.

The Pick: Federer in four

[/tscii:101b8bd07b]

omega
8th September 2010, 11:58 PM

Great....Enjoy!!!
If at all Fed produces a magic shot (tweener etc etc..) Thalaivaaa
apdinnu oru sounda kudunga (so that we all can hear it...may be the eagle camera can spot you).

ajithfederer
9th September 2010, 12:55 AM
Sure will do :lol: 8-).

Great....Enjoy!!!
If at all Fed produces a magic shot (tweener etc etc..) Thalaivaaa
apdinnu oru sounda kudunga (so that we all can hear it...may be the eagle camera can spot you).

m_karthik
9th September 2010, 03:38 AM

Yes. On the otherside of the draw Nadal has got the easiest possible draw after Murray and Tomas Berdych and David nalbandian got knocked out. But I still favor Federer to win this tournament.

Soderling, Djokovic, Nadal ippadi line up irundha thaan inimel evanum edhuvum pesa maattan..

Illaina.. Nadal illa.. Murray Illainu pinnadi kadhai solluvaanga
Melzer match la irundha andha aggression innaikku night irukkanum.. Soderling has 1-12 record against Federer...and he seems to be favorite... ellam kali gaalam... :evil:

omega
9th September 2010, 05:03 AM

Soderling, Djokovic, Nadal ippadi line up irundha thaan inimel evanum edhuvum pesa maattan..

Illaina.. Nadal illa.. Murray Illainu pinnadi kadhai solluvaanga
Melzer match la irundha andha aggression innaikku night irukkanum.. Soderling has 1-12 record against Federer...and he seems to be favorite... ellam kali gaalam... :evil:

adhe adhe..........Athulayum intha Patrick McEnroe paduthrua paadu irukke............Federer epdiyaavathu innikku jeyichuduppa...

Wind could be a major factor.............

omega
9th September 2010, 07:39 AM
Fed takes the first set 6-4 breaking Soderling in the one chance he got. Soderling had 5 break point oppurtunities, couldn't convert any.

Its windy conditions out there. Have to see how it goes from here.

m_karthik
9th September 2010, 08:13 AM
Fed takes the first set 6-4 breaking Soderling in the one chance he got. Soderling had 5 break point oppurtunities, couldn't convert any.

Its windy conditions out there. Have to see how it goes from here.

Second set also.. :D

innum oru 40 mins thaan... please thalaivaaa hold onnnnnn

m_karthik
9th September 2010, 08:58 AM
Wow.. what a clinical display of tennis.. :notworthy:

omega
9th September 2010, 08:58 AM
Fed wins it in straight sets... 6-4, 6-4 & 7-5... :notworthy: :clap:
Fed served great in tough conditions & how well he did use the conditions to his favour.....

True genius .............

Patrick McEnroe vaayila mannu............ :lol:

m_karthik
9th September 2010, 09:12 AM
Fed served great in tough conditions & how well he did use the conditions to his favour.....

Patrick McEnroe'va naama consider panradhey thappu.. Idhula Federer vera prove panni, mannu kondu poi podanuma.. Avanae alli saaptukkuvaan

ajithfederer
9th September 2010, 12:14 PM
Well done Roger :clap: :clap:. Came back from the stadium like 20 minutes before. Quite tired to write anything now. :fatigue: off to sleep now.

Dinesh84
9th September 2010, 12:53 PM
Feddy 8-)

MADDY
9th September 2010, 01:39 PM
Well done Roger :clap: :clap:. Came back from the stadium like 20 minutes before. Quite tired to write anything now. :fatigue: off to sleep now.

neenga dhaan andha tisturbanceaa (in 3rd set, there was lot of yelling after federer's serve got broke) :lol: .......JK

terrific crowd response for federer and soderling was matching him shot to shot which made it a good contest for viewers :clap:

tamizharasan
9th September 2010, 07:40 PM

Omega I really don't think patrick mcenroe is against federer. Because during australian open final he supported federer over andy murray and debated against brad gilbert opinion of murray winning the final. Right now both mcenroe brother support nadal because wind is blowing on nadal's side.

tamizharasan
9th September 2010, 07:42 PM
Federer played great but I still believe he should reduce his unforced errors count and he makes way more unforced errors now than he used to make during his peak.

ajithfederer
9th September 2010, 08:38 PM
I took a bus and changed 3 trains to get from my place to Queens NY. We had tickets to watch the wozniacki game but we reached there at like 9 o clock. It was very windy and mildly cold at Arthur Ashe stadium yesterday. The game started at like 9.30 EST and it was relatively a very different experience to watch from the stadium. Our tickets were in the upper echelon of the stadium but still we could see the action very clearly.

Roger for the first time in the open and for quite some time in 2010 served very very well. He hit 18 aces and at times could pull himself out of trouble by his serve. He adapted to the windy conditions very well compared to Soderling. It was nice to see Roger to be very clinical in the quarters but I am sure that Djokovic and Nadal would give him a bigger fight. I have a feeling that Soderling didn't fight enough. I saw the first 2 sets sitting in my seat and then I got down.

From the 3rd set I came down to a lower echelon(To get an even better view) got myself a Pepsi and started to watch the game standing. It was a totally different view and it was even closer. I saw the entire 3rd set from there. Everything in the Open was priced at-least 3 times the regular price but still it was worth the experience. Overall it was a time well spent.

:D

ajithfederer
9th September 2010, 08:41 PM
P.S:

The camera in the stadium captured audiences and then showed them at the giant screen. A pretty girl was shaking her ass twice when they showed her on camera.

I did it. :smokesmirk:

ajithfederer
9th September 2010, 08:46 PM
Neenga vera stadium-la oru chinna kai kalappu . Rendu pasanga full mabbs la adichukutaanuga. There was blood dripping from a guys knees. :).

neenga dhaan andha tisturbanceaa (in 3rd set, there was lot of yelling after federer's serve got broke) :lol: .......JK

terrific crowd response for federer and soderling was matching him shot to shot which made it a good contest for viewers :clap:

tamizharasan
9th September 2010, 08:54 PM
P.S:

The camera in the stadium captured audiences and then showed them at the giant screen. A pretty girl was shaking her ass twice when they showed her on camera.

I did it. :smokesmirk:

Good job. Did you get to see Federer from close? Any autograph? Was it first time you saw federer?
I have seen him only in the television.

ajithfederer
9th September 2010, 09:00 PM
I couldn't see him from close. No chance for autographs. Yes this is the first time I am seeing him live.

ajithfederer
10th September 2010, 08:36 AM
At the end of ESPN2's Daily US Open broadcast,

John Mcenroe predicts Nadal prevailing over Youzhny in 4 sets and in the final Nadal prevailing over Federer in 5 sets.

ajithfederer
12th September 2010, 10:16 PM
Thunbathilum oru Inbam: One of John Mcenroe's prediction is wrong. :lol:.

At the end of ESPN2's Daily US Open broadcast,

John Mcenroe predicts Nadal prevailing over Youzhny in 4 sets and in the final Nadal prevailing over Federer in 5 sets.

omega
20th October 2010, 05:25 AM
Relaxed Roger @ Stockholm...

http://svtplay.se/v/2199893/tennis/federer_anlande_till_stockholm_utan_jetlag?cb,a136 4159,1,f,-1/pb,a1364158,1,f,-1/pl,v,,2199082/sb,b1387548,1,f,-1

Plum
20th October 2010, 06:45 PM
Fed fanslAm innumA nambikitturukkInga? sangathai kalaingappA

steveaustin
20th October 2010, 06:56 PM
Niinga Fed up fanA??... :P

ajithfederer
25th October 2010, 09:32 PM
Congrats Roger on winning the stockholm open.

omega
8th November 2010, 03:51 AM
[tscii:1aad17f931]Federer defeats Djokovic for fourth career Basel title
BASEL, Switzerland (AP)—Roger Federer reclaimed his hometown title from Novak Djokovic, beating the defending champion 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 in the Swiss Indoors final on Sunday.

The top-seeded Federer broke the Serb’s serve early in the first, and twice in the deciding set to cruise to victory in under two hours. Federer’s 65th career singles title moved him past Pete Sampras into sole possession of fourth on the list in the modern era. Jimmy Connors leads with 109.

The Basel-born Federer was watched courtside by his parents, his wife, Mirka, and their 15-month-old twin daughters, Myla and Charlene.

“It’s very emotional winning at home, it makes it extra special. Because I live here and because the fans are behind me,” Federer said.

A former ballboy at the tournament, Federer won three straight Swiss Indoors titles from 2006-08 before Djokovic broke the streak when they met in last year’s final.

“It’s great to have won it after losing last year. It reminded me of last year’s match, but (this time) I got off to a great start in the third set,” he said.

Djokovic said he lost “a little bit of balance and focus” in the decider.

“You don’t get many chances against Roger when he is on top of you. There was no way back,” Djokovic said.

Federer is 4-4 in finals this year after winning titles at the Australian Open, Cincinnati Masters and the Stockholm Open.

The 29-year-old Swiss improved to 12-6 lifetime against Djokovic, and 3-1 this year. His only loss to the 23-year-old Serb this season came in a five-set U.S. Open semifinal in which he wasted two match points.

Both players had to save two break points in their opening service game. Federer broke in the next when a stretching Djokovic netted a backhand, then held for a 3-1 lead.

Federer set up a set point with an ace at 124 mph. Djokovic stayed alive with a backhand then wasted a break chance by firing a forehand long. Federer clinched the set with a service winner and celebrated by punching the air and shouting.

Djokovic started the second set strongly and broke for a 2-0 lead when Federer’s topspin backhand sailed wide.

He was handed a set-point chance at 5-2 when Federer double-faulted, but the Swiss’s serve got him out of trouble.

Serving for the set, Djokovic saved a break point with a service winner then delivered another to level the match.

Into the third, Federer made uncharacteristic errors at the net, but led 3-1 after Djokovic double-faulted.

Federer broke again on his third chance in his opponent’s next service game.

He held three match points with a deft volley winner at the net, then clinched the win with a backhand winner down the line.

“Results-wise, Roger is the best player ever to play the game,” Djokovic said in an on-court interview.

Federer will take a 57-12 season mark—and No. 1 seeding in the absence with a shoulder injury of top-ranked Rafael Nadal—into the Paris Masters, which began Sunday. It’s the last event before the eight-man ATP World Tour Finals being held Nov. 21-28 in London.

Djokovic dropped to 2-2 in 2010 title matches, with wins in Dubai and Beijing and a U.S. Open final loss to Nadal.

[/tscii:1aad17f931]

ajithfederer
8th November 2010, 11:28 PM
Congrats Roger for his 65th title. He moves past Pete sampras on career high 64 titles. :clap:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vADQfvQIYM&feature=player_embedded

Roger Federer Twin Daughters at Swiss Open 2010

Ponnunga rendum Pithaji madhiriyae irukaanga.

ajithfederer
8th November 2010, 11:40 PM
Found some important info on orkut

Fed has now won 9 different tournaments 4 times or more including hard, grass, clay and indoors

Dubai - outdoor hard - 4
AO - hard - 4
Hamburg - clay - 4
Halle - grass - 5
Wimby - grass - 6
Cincy - outdoor hard - 4
USO - hard - 5
Basel - indoor hard - 4
TMC - indoor hard - 4

Roger has now equalled his own record of consecutive MS finals. In 2007, he got Hamburg, Montreal, Cincy and Madrid. This time, he equalled it by reaching Madrid, Toronto, Cincy and Shanghai. He was the Only player to have played 4 consecutive MS finals...the fact that he's done it twice is amazing ..

ajithfederer
12th November 2010, 03:50 AM
Top seed Roger Federer matched his best performance at the BNP Paribas Masters, reaching the quarter-finals for a fourth time with a 6-4, 6-3 win over Czech Radek Stepanek on Thursday evening in Paris.

omega
12th November 2010, 07:21 AM
Top seed Roger Federer matched his best performance at the BNP Paribas Masters, reaching the quarter-finals for a fourth time with a 6-4, 6-3 win over Czech Radek Stepanek on Thursday evening in Paris.

Roger to meet Melzer in the QF matchup tommorrow.
Defending champion Novak was knocked out by Llodra while Davydenko beat Berdych in another match.

Sanjeevi
12th November 2010, 01:20 PM
way to go to No.1 again

ajithfederer
12th November 2010, 11:35 PM
Still a long way to go.

Even if he wins this tournament he will still trail nadal by more than 3000 points.

way to go to No.1 again

Sanjeevi
12th November 2010, 11:39 PM
Still a long way to go.

Even if he wins this tournament he will still trail nadal by more than 3000 points.

way to go to No.1 again

one advantage is 'Nadalukku No. 1 position maindain panna avvalava varaathu' :noteeth:

ajithfederer
12th November 2010, 11:42 PM
Ninga sollitingala. Inimael nalla varum :mrgreen:

Still a long way to go.

way to go to No.1 again

one advantage is 'Nadalukku No. 1 position maindain panna avvalava varaathu' :noteeth:

omega
13th November 2010, 12:40 AM
Fed takes the first set against Melzer breaking twice 6-1 in the QF @ BNP Paribas Open.

Earlier Soderling beat Roddick 7-5, 6-4 &
Llodra beat Davydenko 7-5, 6-1

Soderling will meet Llodra in the first SF tommorrow.
Winner of Roger vs Melzer will meet winner of Murray vs Monfils

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 12:53 AM
Camaan Omega lets pour updates in this thread.

Manasaatchi : Aama appuram eppadi thread 100 page pogardhu :oops:

2nd set fed serving at 2-3.

omega
13th November 2010, 12:58 AM
3 all now....why :oops: ??

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 12:59 AM
100 pages ottanumae, adhan :lol:

omega
13th November 2010, 01:01 AM
100 pages ottanumae, adhan :lol:

Athaan aduthu World series irukkula, fulla update panniduvom..

omega
13th November 2010, 01:02 AM
Intha Murraya nenachathaan :evil: ....He has a very good measure of Fed..... The court is pacy, so Fed needs to volley more (offcourse serving well).

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 01:05 AM
Yes. He has lost quite a bit of Master's 1000 finals with him. This year we could have won Rogers cup also.

Intha Murraya nenachathaan :evil: ....He has a very good measure of Fed..... The court is pacy, so Fed needs to volley more (offcourse serving well).

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 01:13 AM
Roger with kids after basel win (http://i52.tinypic.com/1z6cgzo.jpg)

omega
13th November 2010, 01:14 AM
5-5 now...

AF,

Do you play tennis? If Yes, do you participate in the USTA league?

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 01:16 AM
Illingga :lol:

Summa summer-la naanum en friendsum pakkathu tennis courtla pandhu adichu velayaduvom. Serve kooda olunga varadhu.

Do you play?.

5-5 now...

AF,

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 01:16 AM
15 Aces for Federer :clap:.

omega
13th November 2010, 01:21 AM
Illingga :lol:

Summa summer-la naanum en friendsum pakkathu tennis courtla pandhu adichu velayaduvom. Serve kooda olunga varadhu.

Do you play?.

5-5 now...

AF,

Yes, Tennis velayaadi muttiya (ACL tear) keduthavan naan....
Used to play in the league for about 4 years (until 2 years back).
Still play once a week with a pro (indian guy) out here. I used to play at 3.5 level (still would be).

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 01:25 AM
Wow thats good to hear. No wonder you write informative posts in tennis. :)

Federer takes the second set and the match in a tie-breaker.

omega
13th November 2010, 01:25 AM
Fed takes second set in a tie-breaker 7-6 (17 aces for the match).

ajithfederer
13th November 2010, 01:32 AM
Roger with all the 65 titles (http://www.daniel-freund.com/65.%20Titel%20von%20Federer.jpg)

littlemaster1982
13th November 2010, 01:35 AM
[html:20d15c5364]http://www.daniel-freund.com/65.%20Titel%20von%20Federer.jpg[/html:20d15c5364]

littlemaster1982
13th November 2010, 01:37 AM
[html:6e09f63e8f]http://i52.tinypic.com/1z6cgzo.jpg[/html:6e09f63e8f]

omega
13th November 2010, 04:17 AM
Roger to meet local boy Monfills in SF tommorrow.
Monfills beat Murray 6-2, 2-6, 6-3.

omega
13th November 2010, 04:17 AM
LM thanks for enabling those pictures.

littlemaster1982
13th November 2010, 07:35 AM
:D

vanchi
13th November 2010, 08:25 PM
superb :clap:

Puliyan_Biryani
13th November 2010, 08:30 PM
65 titles picture super :thumbsup:

Second still-la copyright symbol poda vera edame kedaikkalaiya ivingalukku :evil:

m_karthik
13th November 2010, 09:54 PM
65 titles picture super :thumbsup:

Second still-la copyright symbol poda vera edame kedaikkalaiya ivingalukku :evil:

Seekiram 5 title vaangi thookunga thalaivare... :D

Puliyan_Biryani
13th November 2010, 10:04 PM
Most career singles titles: men

Jimmy Connors 109
Ivan Lendl 94
John McEnroe 77
Roger Federer 65

ippodhaan 4th place-a :shock:. Connors - ivarellaam manushanaaiyya? sagattumenikku jeyichu vachurukkaapla :-(

omega
13th November 2010, 10:10 PM
Federer takes on Monfills....Holds the first longest service game...
1-0

Earlier Soderling beat another local boy Llodra in an epic 3 setter
6-7, 7-5, 7-6...

omega
13th November 2010, 10:13 PM
Relatively easy hold for Monfills 1-1

omega
13th November 2010, 10:15 PM
Fed holds for 2-1...

omega
13th November 2010, 10:19 PM
Monfills holds to love 2-2

omega
13th November 2010, 10:20 PM
Fed's turn to hold for love 3-2 (Already 9 aces between the two)

omega
13th November 2010, 10:25 PM
Monfills takes an injury timeout ...

omega
13th November 2010, 10:43 PM
Still on serve. Monfills serves to take it to the tie-breaker 5-6

omega
13th November 2010, 10:55 PM
Monfills takes the first set in a tie-breaker 7-6

omega
13th November 2010, 11:18 PM
2nd set on serve. Fed to serve 3-4

omega
13th November 2010, 11:42 PM
Fed takes the 2nd set 7-6..

omega
13th November 2010, 11:50 PM
Fed breaks early in the 3rd setter to take the lead 2-0...

omega
14th November 2010, 12:08 AM
Monfills breaks Fed. Back on serve 3-4 in the third.

omega
14th November 2010, 12:43 AM
Monfills beats Fed taking the 3rd set in another tie-breaker.
Roger had 4 match points, but couldn't convert. Monfills :clap: :clap:

ajithfederer
14th November 2010, 02:50 AM
Didn't watch the match. Nalla vaaippu shanghai masters win panna vendiyadhu. Kai naluvi poiduchu.

ajithfederer
17th November 2010, 11:24 PM
Federer's site has been upgraded and it has a new look

http://www.rogerfederer.com/

ajithfederer
17th November 2010, 11:25 PM
[tscii:3f2b9beed2]Roger's opponents in London

16.11.2010 | Tennis

The ATP World Tour Finals will start this coming Sunday. Roger will face Andy Murray, Robin Söderling and David Ferrer in the group stage (Group B). In Group A, Nadal has been drawn against world number three Novak Djokovic, Tomas Berdych and Andy Roddick. Matches in Nadal’s group will commence on Monday, November 22. Reigning champion Nikolay Davydenko is a notable absentee, just like last year's second finalist, Juan Martin Del Potro.

Roger has defeated Ferrer in all ten matches the two have played so far and has only lost once to Söderling in 15 encounters. In the head-to-head with Murray, on the other hand, Roger trails by 5:8. The first two players of each group will book a spot in the semi-finals, the tournament final will be held on Sunday, November 28.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/en-speziell/news-detail/news/3255-rogers-gegner-in-london.html[/tscii:3f2b9beed2]

omega
20th November 2010, 05:53 AM
It would be a tough tournament for Roger, expecially after 5 weeks of tennis. Hope he could get to the knockout stage.

He takes on Ferrer in his first match on Sunday.

ajithfederer
21st November 2010, 12:17 AM
In 2010 Federer Became the First Player ever to win a Grand Slam, ATP 1000, 500 & 250 all in the same Calender Year

(Note : Since the ATP format change in 09)

ajithfederer
21st November 2010, 12:26 AM
Federer wins ATP Fan Favourite Award

Roger Federer: The Swiss, who is admired for his work on and off the court, continues to be a fan favourite by millions of fans around the world, who have voted him as ATPWorldTour.com Fans' Favourite Presented by RICOH for a record eighth consecutive year. Federer received 47% percent of all votes, followed by Nadal and Novak Djokovic.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Fans/Fan-Favorite/ATP-World-Tour-Awards-Announced.aspx

omega
21st November 2010, 07:08 PM
[tscii:d9ddc578af]Annacone: Federer, Sampras different at 29

Paul Annacone, who is co-coaching Roger Federer with Severin Luthi, tells the New York Times that the 29-year-old Swiss is still open-minded and full of energy.

“I felt like I was with a 23-year-old or 22-year-old again,” said Annacone, a former coach of Pete Sampras who began working with Federer this summer.

“He loves the life. He loves the tennis matches. He loves the travel. He has all the ingredients, including and most importantly good health in mind and body, to keep going for a number of years. I think in retrospect Pete at this age was a lot more tired—a lot more tired mostly emotionally, not physically.

"At the end of Pete’s career, he rejuvenated himself for that great push at the [2002] U.S. Open, but the last couple years, for a multitude of reasons, were a bit emotionally draining for him. Roger is not anywhere near that state.”—Matthew Cronin

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=8847&zoneid=25

[/tscii:d9ddc578af]

ajithfederer
22nd November 2010, 01:53 AM
Federer has a break of serve in the first set. He leads 3-0 in the first set.

omega
22nd November 2010, 02:18 AM
Fed takes the first set 6-1 breaking Ferrer twice....

omega
22nd November 2010, 02:43 AM
Fed breaks early in the second set. Will serve @ 3-2...

omega
22nd November 2010, 03:11 AM
Fed finishes off with an ace 6-4.....
Ferrer did put him into work in Fed last 2 service games, but couldn't break....

ajithfederer
23rd November 2010, 12:32 AM
Tuesday, 23 November 2010

CENTRE COURT start 12:15 PM
[3] L Dlouhy (CZE) / L Paes (IND) vs [7] J Melzer (AUT) / P Petzschner (GER)

Not Before 2:00 PM
[2] R Federer (SUI) vs [5] A Murray (GBR)

Not before 6:15 PM
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [6] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL)

Not before 8:00 PM
[4] R Soderling (SWE) vs [7] D Ferrer (ESP)

Federer meets Murray tomorrow.

omega
23rd November 2010, 05:44 PM
Going to be extremely difficult for Roger to beat Murray....
Both were looking good in their opening round matches.
Hope Roger finds his service (1st) going, which would make him come to the net more. Hope it turns out to be a great contest.

omega
23rd November 2010, 08:19 PM
Fed up a break early in the 1st set against Murray. To serve 2-1...

omega
23rd November 2010, 08:44 PM
Fed takes the first set with one break 6-4.
On four other occasions Murray has come back from being a set down to win Roger.....

Come on Roger

omega
23rd November 2010, 09:04 PM
Fed breaks Murray twice in the 2nd set to go up 4-0.....

omega
23rd November 2010, 09:24 PM
Fed takes second set 6-2....
:clap: Fed for a convincing victory..
With this Roger should have defended the 400 points that he has from last year.

Head to Head still Murray leads a 8-6....

ajithfederer
23rd November 2010, 10:30 PM
Well done Roger :clap:

littlemaster1982
24th November 2010, 07:57 AM
[html:be912a9816]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/9f/fullj.d1884d5be389e6baaf3ba362c6417ad2/d1884d5be389e6baaf3ba362c6417ad2-getty-105132471bg226_atp_world_to.jpg[/html:be912a9816]

omega
25th November 2010, 08:38 PM
Fed takes the first set in a tiebreaker against Soderling 7-6..
Saves 2 break points in the opener of 2nd set....

ajithfederer
26th November 2010, 06:17 AM
Federer wins 7-6 6-3.

Plum
26th November 2010, 07:52 AM
ada knoickoutla pOyi Nadaru kitta thOkkaRadhukku ippOvE gowravamA thOthurukkalAm :(

omega
28th November 2010, 01:58 AM
Fed vs Novak....

Fed holds to love..

omega
28th November 2010, 02:03 AM
Fed breaks Novak early to take a 2-0 lead

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:09 AM
Omega

any live links please?.

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:27 AM
Roger serving for the set at 5-1

6-1 first set to Federer at a little over half an hour. `

omega
28th November 2010, 02:28 AM
Omega

any live links please?.

http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:29 AM
I got it omega. Watching it from espn3 website.

http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=105659&league=ATP

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:36 AM
Djokovic breaks federer to lead 2-0

omega
28th November 2010, 02:36 AM
Novak breaks early in the 2nd set for a 2-0 lead

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:41 AM
Djokovic leads 3-0.

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:49 AM
Federer breaks djokovic again. Back on serve at 3-2.

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:55 AM
Roger leads 15-40 on djokovic's serve. Playing very well.

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 02:56 AM
Djokovic does well to save 3 break points 8-)/

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 03:11 AM
Federer breaks to serve for the set at 5-4.

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 03:17 AM
Roger wins in straight sets 6-1 6-4.

Plum
28th November 2010, 06:07 AM
Cha, maRubadiyum nadaruu kaiyyila finals thOlviYA? :(

omega
28th November 2010, 10:36 AM

Apdithaan nadakkumpola :shaking:
Fed is the only player not to have dropped a set so far (Enna projanam, athukku sethu naalaikku kaavu kudupaaru)

Sanjeevi
28th November 2010, 04:19 PM

:shaking: Graf-ku maathiri Federarukku Fan illaiya :yessir: j/k

Plum
28th November 2010, 05:16 PM
Sanjeevi, too much! IpdiyellAm yOsikkapadAdhu.
Btw, nadaru adhukkellAm asara mAttAr. Apdi nadandhAlum, within one month, he'll be back winning grand slams - sAdhAraNa will powerA adhu?

steveaustin
28th November 2010, 07:26 PM
Murray won more points than Nadal and still lost the match. :shock:

ajithfederer
28th November 2010, 11:49 PM
Roger wins the first set 6-4

Sanjeevi
28th November 2010, 11:50 PM
its 6-3

Sanjeevi
29th November 2010, 12:06 AM
Nadal break Federer and leads 3-1

for live streaming watch here

http://atdhe.net/24297/watch-atp-world-tour-finals-nadal-vs-federer

m_karthik
29th November 2010, 12:53 AM
Thalaivaaa ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

32-11 winners
7-1 aces
92% first serve points won
3/3 breakpoints - 100% conversion

:redjump: :bluejump:

evvalavu naalaikku appuram satisfying match..

Sanjeevi
29th November 2010, 12:57 AM
Champion Roger Federer is back :smokesmirk: :2thumbsup: :happydance: :othungu:

Superb play in 3rd set :notworthy: :clap:

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 01:44 AM
5th ATP tour title win for Roger federer. Congrats to him.

:clap:.

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 02:17 AM
Another feather in the cap is that Roger receives 1,630,000 $ in prize money for winning the tournament undefeated. :clap:

That, If i am not wrong is almost equal to winning a grandslam tournament (In terms of prize money).

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 02:21 AM
Roger now equals the most titles of atp wtf along with former great players like Pete sampras and Ivan Lendl at 5. This should give him more motivation to win it again next year.

:clap: 8-)

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 02:30 AM
*In 2010 Federer Became the First Player ever to win a Grand Slam, ATP 1000, 500, 250 & WTF (1500) all in the same Calender Year

*Federer has now Equalled Pete Sampras and Ivan Lendl with 5 World Tour Finals Win

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 10:55 AM
NOVEMBER 29, 2010

Federer and Nadal Rekindle a Rivalry

Tennis has a rivalry again. In London on Sunday, Roger Federer defeated Rafael Nadal 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 in the ATP World Tour Finals. Though the match wasn't a classic, it did much to reinvigorate a clash that recently had become one-sided. The 24-year-old Mr. Nadal had won six of their previous seven meetings and this season had distanced himself from the 29-year-old Mr. Federer by winning three-straight Grand Slam singles titles, including his first U.S. Open.

Even on his best days, Mr. Federer (pictured) has had trouble with Mr. Nadal's high-bouncing forehand and endless hustle. Mr. Federer brought a new approach to London, though. Since he began working with Paul Annacone, Pete Sampras's former coach, this summer, Mr. Federer has taken more chances, hit his topspin backhand more often and looked for more opportunities to approach the net. His final charge Sunday began with an aggressive play one rarely sees these days: a serve return followed by an immediate approach to the net and two consecutive volleys. Mr. Federer rattled off the last five games and won all three of his break points, a rare feat against the Spaniard. Mr. Nadal has never won the season-ending championships, and he has never beaten Mr. Federer in an indoor match. And so yes, there's room for more in this rivalry in 2011 and beyond. May it never end.

While racking up world titles, pro surfer Kelly Slater has been busy with another project over the past five years: creating the perfect wave. This week he's unveiling technology to build artificial wave pools, as big as 540 feet in diameter, with waves that continuously break in a circle around a beach on an inner island. Mr. Slater says he wanted to bring the sport to people who live inland, but also "to create a never-ending perfect wave for myself." The wave pools are estimated to cost at least $10 million each.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704700204575642941353880362.html

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 10:58 AM
Roger Federer in 2010

Roger Federer won the Australian Open, beating Briton Andy Murray 6–3, 6–4, 7–6(11), whom he also beat in the final of the 2008 US Open. Federer has played in sixteen tournaments so far in 2010, and won four. He made the semifinals of his opening tournament at the Qatar Open in Doha, losing to Nikolay Davydenko, and at the Estoril Open, which he had won in 2008, losing to defending and eventual champion Albert Montañés. Federer was runner up in the Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open to Rafael Nadal. At the French Open he faced his opponent in the last year final, Robin Söderling at the quarter finals stage and lost. As defending champion at Wimbledon he was defeated in the quarter-finals by Tomas Berdych in four sets, thus ending his streak of seven consecutive Wimbledon finals also falling to World No.3 in the rankings, his lowest ranking since 2003. During the summer hardcourt season Federer hired Paul Annacone to be his coach and revive his form. At the 2010 US Open, Federer advanced to his 7th straight semi-final appearance but however lost to Novak Djokovic in 5 sets despite holding 2 match points 5–4 in the final set. Federer's ranking slipped from No.2 to No.3 after the tournament.

[tscii:b0e2cd7208][/tscii:b0e2cd7208]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:01 AM
January 2010

On Sunday, January 17, Federer created 2-hour hit-out session called the "Hit for Haiti" at the Rod Laver Arena the day before the Australian Open. He invited a number of top world players from the ATP and WTA tours to join him to raise money for relief efforts in Haiti. The players who participated included Federer, Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick, Novak Djokovic, Kim Clijsters, Serena Williams, Lleyton Hewitt, and Samantha Stosur.[1] A few days before the start of Indian Wells, Federer, Nadal, 14-time Grand Slam singles champion Pete Sampras, and 8-time Grand Slam singles champion Agassi participated in a doubles exhibition match called "Hit for Haiti 2" as a fundraiser for the relief efforts in Haiti. Also in February Federer made a trip to Ethiopia where his charity foundation works.[2]

Federer started the year by playing in the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha, where he was defeated in the semifinals by eventual champion Nikolay Davydenko.[3]

Federer won his 16th Grand Slam singles title at the Australian Open. In the fourth round, Federer beat Lleyton Hewitt in straight sets. In the quarterfinals, Federer trailed Davydenko by a set and 1–3 (15–40) in the second set but was able to win in four sets. Federer then defeated World No. 10 and 2008 Australian Open runner-up Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the semifinals in straight sets. This marked the 23rd consecutive time that Federer had appeared in a semifinal of a Grand Slam tournament and the seventh consecutive year that Federer had made at least the semifinals at the Australian Open, breaking the previous record held by Ivan Lendl. In the final, Federer defeated fifth seeded Andy Murray in straight sets to claim his fourth Australian Open singles title.[4] This win tied him for most Australian Open victories in the open era at four with Andre Agassi.

[tscii:68592e4402][/tscii:68592e4402]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:03 AM
Year Early hard court Masters 1000 Season - Miami and Indian Wells Masters 1000

Federer withdrew from the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships for the second consecutive year due to a lung infection.[5]

Federer then appeared at the mandatory BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells for his first tournament since the Australian Open.[6] Along with the 31 seeded players behind him, Federer received a first round bye in the main draw. However, in the third round, he was defeated by Marcos Baghdatis in a rematch of the 2006 Australian Open final after Federer failed to convert three match points.[7]

The week after Indian Wells, Federer played in the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. Federer and the other 31 seeded players received first round byes. In the second round, Federer defeated Nicolás Lapentti before over 14,000 fans – a record breaking attendance for a second round match in the "Stadium" (the center courts of Miami). After beating Florent Serra, Federer lost to the eventual runner-up, Czech Tomáš Berdych, in three sets in the fourth round.[8] Federer hit 62 unforced errors in that match.
[tscii:a5273db7bb][/tscii:a5273db7bb]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:07 AM
Clay season 2010

Federer next appeared in the Internazionali BNL d'Italia in Rome. In addition to singles, he teamed with Yves Allegro for the doubles competition as wildcards. The team lost in the quarterfinals to Sam Querrey and John Isner. Federer lost to World No. 40 Gulbis in the second round of the singles competition after receiving a first round bye.[9] It was the first time since 2000 that Federer had lost his opening clay court match of the year. It was the first time since 2002 that he had lost before the quarterfinals at three consecutive events, and the first time since 2002 that he had lost his first match in Rome.
Federer then played the Estoril Open. In his only previous appearance in 2008, he won the title when Davydenko retired in the final. But he lost in the semifinals this year to Albert Montañés in straight sets, after which Federer said he was not worried by his current form,[10] while his rival Nadal was extremely concerned by Federer's current state.[11]
Federer continued at the Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, where he was the defending champion. He defeated his 2008 Olympic doubles partner Stanislas Wawrinka in the third round. In the quarterfinals, he avenged his earlier loss to Gulbis.[12] In the semifinals, he defeated David Ferrer in three sets.[13] Federer then lost to Nadal in the final in straight sets, 4–6, 6–7.[14]

Federer at the 2010 French Open
In the third round of the French Open, Federer beat Julian Reister to register his 700th ATP-level match victory and 150th on clay.[15] He followed this milestone by defeating Wawrinka in the fourth round. Federer lost in the quarterfinals to Robin Söderling, ending his 6-year streak of consecutive Grand Slam semifinals.[16] Moreover, after the end of tournament, he lost the World No. 1 ranking to Nadal, leaving Federer at 285 weeks of being World No. 1. Sampras holds the record of 286 weeks.

[tscii:17fde3511c][/tscii:17fde3511c]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:09 AM
Gerry weber open and Wimbledon

He next played at the Gerry Weber Open, where he lost to Hewitt in the final in three sets. In doubles, Federer and Allegro lost in the first round to Christopher Kas and Philipp Kohlschreiber.
Next, Federer attempted to defend his title at the Wimbledon Championships. Since Wimbledon has a different formula for seedings based on grass court achievements, Federer was seeded first above World No. 1 Rafael Nadal. In the first round Federer won for the 200th occasion in Grand Slam matches as he came from 2 sets down to beat Alejandro Falla, who served for the match in the 4th set, 5–7, 4–6, 6–4, 7–6, 6–0.[17][18]

Federer beat Ilija Bozoljac in 4 sets. The score was 6–4, 6–7, 6–4, 7–6. He next faced Arnaud Clement and had a straight sets victory 6–2 6–4 6–2. At the fourth round, Federer defeated No.16 seed Jurgen Melzer 6–3, 6–2, 6–3. In the quarterfinals he faced Tomas Berdych, and lost 4–6 6–3 1–6 4–6. With this defeat, Federer will be ranked No.3 at the end of Wimbledon which is his lowest ranking since November 10, 2003.

[tscii:9a24605009][/tscii:9a24605009]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:11 AM
Fall Hard court season 2010 Rogers Cup - US Open

During Federer's summer break between Wimbledon and Canada he hired Pete Sampras' old coach Paul Annacone to revive his fortune to start with on a trial period.[20] After beating Chela in his first match at the 2010 Rogers Cup Federer broke Andre Agassi's record for Master level wins as he won his 210th match.[21] Federer then over came quarterfinal and semifinal challenges from Berdych and Djokovic respectively, winning the first set of both matches before dropping the second and having to fight hard to capture the decider. His triumph over Djokovic, the World No. 2, ensured he would reclaim that ranking regardless of the outcome of his final showdown with Murray, the defending champion.[22]

Federer lost in the final 7–5, 7–5.[23] A week later, Federer played in the 2010 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters in Cincinnati, Ohio, still seeded third behind Nadal and Djokovic but competing as World No. 2 for the first time since Wimbledon. He received a bye in the first round, and then got another break when Uzbekistani second-round opponent Denis Istomin was forced to retire in the first set, and then he advanced to the quarterfinals in a walkover when Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany pulled out of a third-round tie with the Swiss, citing a shoulder injury.[24]

He defeated frequent tour opponent and World No. 6 Nikolay Davydenko 6–4, 7–5, and advanced to the semifinals. He defeated Marcos Baghdatis 6–4, 6–3 and advanced to the finals. There he defeated Mardy Fish 6–7(5), 7–6(1), 6–4, and successfully defended the title. Federer began his quest for a sixth U.S. Open title with a easy win over Brian Dabul, the score was 6–1, 6–4, 6–2. Federer next beat Andreas Beck 6–3 6–4 6–3. In the third round, Federer defeated Paul-Henri Mathieu 6–4, 6–3, 6–3. In the round of 16, Federer faced Roland Garros semifinalist Jurgen Melzer and won 6–3, 7–6 (7–4), 6–3.

Then, in the quarterfinals, he faced Robin Soderling, who had recently beaten him in the quarterfinals of the 2010 French Open, ending his streak of 6-year streak of consecutive Grand Slam semifinals. Federer defeated Soderling 6–4, 6–4, 7–5. He narrowly lost to Novak Djokovic in the semifinals 7–5, 1–6, 7–5, 2–6, 5–7, after failing to convert two match points in the final set (5–4, 40–15). As a result, Djokovic has risen to No.2 in the world and Federer fallen to No.3.

[tscii:5adc314f5c][/tscii:5adc314f5c]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:15 AM
Paris/shanghai Masters, Wins at Basel and Stockholm

Federer competed at the ATP Masters 1000 Shanghai where he was seeded third and had a bye in the first round. Federer defeated John Isner and Andreas Seppi to advance to the quarter-finals where he defeated World No.5 Robin Soderling. He revenged his last US open lose against Djokovic 7–5, 6–4. However, in the final, Federer fell to Murray 3–6, 2–6. His next tournament was the IF Stockholm Tournament. He got a bye in the first round, defeated the American Taylor Dent in the next round 6–1, 6–2 and defeated fellow Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka next 2–6, 6–3, 6–2.

Up next, in the semi-final, was Ivan Ljubicic whom Federer beat in 2 sets, 7–6, 6–2. Federer won his 64th tour-level title, tying with Pete Sampras for fourth place on the Open Era titles list, as he beat Florian Mayer 6–4, 6–3 in the final to win his first Stockholm crown.
He next participated at the 2010 Davidoff Swiss Indoors as the top seed. He defeated Djokovic the final 6–4, 3–6, 6–1 to win a record fourth title at the event. This was his 65th career title placing him fourth in the all time list, surpassing Pete Sampras' record of 64 career titles. At the BNP Paribas Masters, Federer reached his first semifinal, where he lost to Gael Monfils 6–7(7), 7–6(1), 6–7(4) despite holding 5 match points.

[tscii:9fce647f9c][/tscii:9fce647f9c]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:18 AM
2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

Roger Federer won all his round robin matches and defeated Djokovic in Semis and Nadal (6-3. 3-6, 6-1) to win his 5th ATP WTF Title. Federer has now Equalled Pete Sampras and Ivan Lendl with 5 World Tour Finals Win.

[tscii:cfb7bb64dd][/tscii:cfb7bb64dd]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:20 AM
Grand slam Match results of Roger Federer in 2010.

Tournament Round Result Opponent Score

Australian Open

1R Win Igor Andreev 4–6, 6–2, 7–6(2), 6–0
2R Win Victor Hanescu 6–2, 6–3, 6–2
3R Win Albert Montañés 6–3, 6–4, 6–4
4R Win Lleyton Hewitt 6–2, 6–3, 6–4
QF Win Nikolay Davydenko 2–6, 6–3, 6–0, 7–5
SF Win Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6–2, 6–3, 6–2
F Win (16) Andy Murray 6–3, 6–4, 7–6(11)

French Open

1R Win Peter Luczak 6–4, 6–1, 6–2
2R Win Alejandro Falla 7–6(4), 6–2, 6–4
3R Win Julian Reister 6–4, 6–0, 6–4
4R Win Stanislas Wawrinka 6–3, 7–6(5), 6–2
QF Loss Robin Söderling 6–3, 3–6, 5–7, 4–6

[tscii:994ba987b7][/tscii:994ba987b7]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:21 AM
Grandslam Result's Cont'd

Wimbledon

1R Win Alejandro Falla 5–7, 4–6, 6–4, 7–6 (1), 6–0
2R Win Ilija Bozoljac 6–3, 6–7 (4), 6–4, 7–6 (5)
3R Win Arnaud Clément 6–2, 6–4, 6–2
4R Win Jürgen Melzer 6–3, 6–2, 6–3
QF Loss Tomáš Berdych 4–6, 6–3, 1–6, 4–6

US Open

1R Win Brian Dabul 6–1, 6–4, 6–2
2R Win Andreas Beck 6–3, 6–4, 6–3
3R Win Paul-Henri Mathieu 6–4, 6–3, 6–3
4R Win Jurgen Melzer 6–3, 7–6(4), 6–3
QF Win Robin Söderling 6–4, 6–4, 7–5
SF Loss Novak Djokovic 7–5, 1–6, 7–5, 2–6, 5–7

[tscii:6ae8aa9516][/tscii:6ae8aa9516]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:24 AM
Match Tournament Country Start
Date Type I/O Surface Round Opponent/Rank Result Score

1088 Qatar ExxonMobil Open, Doha Qatar 1/4 250 Outdoor Hard 1R Christophe Rochus (BEL) / #86 Win 6–1, 6–2

1089 Qatar ExxonMobil Open, Doha Qatar 1/4 250 Outdoor Hard 2R Evgeny Korolev (RUS) / #53 Win 6–2, 6–4

1090 Qatar ExxonMobil Open, Doha Qatar 1/4 250 Outdoor Hard QF Ernests Gulbis (LAT) / #90 Win 6–2, 4–6, 6–4

1091 Qatar ExxonMobil Open, Doha Qatar 1/4 250 Outdoor Hard SF Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) / #6 Loss 6–4, 6–4
[tscii:a59035b101][/tscii:a59035b101]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:26 AM
1099 BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells USA 3/8 1000 Outdoor Hard 1R Bye

1100 BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells USA 3/8 1000 Outdoor Hard 2R Victor Hănescu (ROU) / #43 Win 6–3, 6–7(5), 6–1

1101 BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells USA 3/8 1000 Outdoor Hard 3R Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) / #33 Loss 5–7, 7–5, 7–6(4)

1102 Sony Ericsson Open, Miami USA 3/22 1000 Outdoor Hard 1R Bye

1103 Sony Ericsson Open, Miami USA 3/22 1000 Outdoor Hard 2R Nicolás Lapentti (ECU) / #102 Win 6–3, 6–3

1104 Sony Ericsson Open, Miami USA 3/22 1000 Outdoor Hard 3R Florent Serra (FRA) / #61 Win 7–6(2), 7–6(3)

1105 Sony Ericsson Open, Miami USA 3/22 1000 Outdoor Hard 4R Tomáš Berdych (CZE) / #20 Loss 6–4, 6–7(3), 7–6(6)

[tscii:49311ed32f][/tscii:49311ed32f]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:27 AM
1106 Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome Italy 4/25 1000 Outdoor Clay 1R Bye

1107 Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome Italy 4/25 1000 Outdoor Clay 2R Ernests Gulbis (LAT) / #40 Loss 2–6, 6–1, 7–5

1108 Estoril Open, Estoril Portugal 5/3 250 Outdoor Clay 1R Bye

1109 Estoril Open, Estoril Portugal 5/3 250 Outdoor Clay 2R Bjorn Phau (GER) / #138 Win 6–3, 6–4

1110 Estoril Open, Estoril Portugal 5/3 250 Outdoor Clay QF Arnaud Clément (FRA) / #83 Win 7–6(7), 6–2

1111 Estoril Open, Estoril Portugal 5/3 250 Outdoor Clay SF Albert Montañés (ESP) / #34 Loss 6–2, 7–6(5)

1112 Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, Madrid Spain 5/9 1000 Outdoor Clay 1R Bye

1113 Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, Madrid Spain 5/9 1000 Outdoor Clay 2R Benjamin Becker (GER) / #46 Win 6–2, 7–6(4)

1114 Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, Madrid Spain 5/9 1000 Outdoor Clay 3R Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) / #23 Win 6–3, 6–1

1115 Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, Madrid Spain 5/9 1000 Outdoor Clay QF Ernests Gulbis (LAT) / #34 Win 3–6, 6–1, 6–4

1116 Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, Madrid Spain 5/9 1000 Outdoor Clay SF David Ferrer (ESP) / #12 Win 7–5, 3–6, 6–3

1117 Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open, Madrid Spain 5/9 1000 Outdoor Clay Final Rafael Nadal (ESP) / #3 Loss 6–4, 7–6(5)

[tscii:98ef49764b][/tscii:98ef49764b]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:29 AM
1123 Gerry Weber Open, Halle Germany 6/07 250 Outdoor Grass 1R Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) / #65 Win 6–4, 6–4

1124 Gerry Weber Open, Halle Germany 6/07 250 Outdoor Grass 2R Alejandro Falla (COL) / #67 Win 6–1, 6–2

1125 Gerry Weber Open, Halle Germany 6/07 250 Outdoor Grass QF Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) / #35 Win 7–5, 6–3

1126 Gerry Weber Open, Halle Germany 6/07 250 Outdoor Grass SF Philipp Petzschner (GER) / #41 Win 7–6(3), 6–4

1127 Gerry Weber Open, Halle Germany 6/07 250 Outdoor Grass Final Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) / #32 Loss 3–6, 7–6(4), 6–4

1128 Wimbledon, London Great Britain 6/21 Grand Slam Outdoor Grass 1R Alejandro Falla (COL) / #60 Win 5–7, 4–6, 6–4, 7–6 (1), 6–0

1129 Wimbledon, London Great Britain 6/23 Grand Slam Outdoor Grass 2R Ilija Bozoljac (SRB) / #152 Win 6–3, 6–7(4), 6–4, 7–6(5)

1130 Wimbledon, London Great Britain 6/25 Grand Slam Outdoor Grass 3R Arnaud Clement (FRA) / #86 Win 6–2, 6–4, 6–2

1131 Wimbledon, London Great Britain 6/28 Grand Slam Outdoor Grass 4R Jurgen Melzer (AUT) / #16 Win 6–3, 6–2, 6–3

1132 Wimbledon, London Great Britain 6/28 Grand Slam Outdoor Grass QF Tomas Berdych (CZE) / #13 Loss 6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 6–4

[tscii:dfe0303973][/tscii:dfe0303973]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:29 AM
1133 Rogers Cup, Toronto Canada 8/11 1000 Outdoor Hard 2R Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) / #50 Win 7–6(7), 6–3

1134 Rogers Cup, Toronto Canada 8/12 1000 Outdoor Hard 3R Michael Llodra (FRA) / #35 Win 7–6(2), 6–3

1135 Rogers Cup, Toronto Canada 8/13 1000 Outdoor Hard QF Tomas Berdych (CZE) / #7 Win 6–3, 5–7, 7–6(5)

1136 Rogers Cup, Toronto Canada 8/14 1000 Outdoor Hard SF Novak Djokovic (SRB) / #2 Win 6–1, 3–6, 7–5

1137 Rogers Cup, Toronto Canada 8/15 1000 Outdoor Hard F Andy Murray (GBR) / #4 Loss 7–5, 7–5

1138 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, Cincinnati USA 8/16 1000 Outdoor Hard 1R Bye

1139 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, Cincinnati USA 8/16 1000 Outdoor Hard 2R Denis Istomin (UZB) / #53 Win 5–2, RET

1140 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, Cincinnati USA 8/16 1000 Outdoor Hard 3R Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) / #33 Win Walkover

1141 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, Cincinnati USA 8/16 1000 Outdoor Hard QF Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) / #6 Win 6–4, 7–5

1142 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, Cincinnati USA 8/16 1000 Outdoor Hard SF Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) / #20 Win 6–4, 6–3

1143 Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, Cincinnati USA 8/16 1000 Outdoor Hard F Mardy Fish (USA) / #36 Win 6–7(5), 7–6(1), 6–4

1144 US Open, New York USA 8/30 Grand Slam Outdoor Hard 1R Brian Dabul (ARG) / #96 Win 6–1, 6–4, 6–2

1145 US Open, New York USA 9/02 Grand Slam Outdoor Hard 2R Andreas Beck (GER) / #104 Win 6–3, 6–4, 6–3

1146 US Open, New York USA 9/04 Grand Slam Outdoor Hard 3R Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) / #109 Win 6–4, 6–3, 6–3

1147 US Open, New York USA 9/06 Grand Slam Outdoor Hard 4R Jurgen Melzer (AUT) / #15 Win 6–3, 7–6(4), 6–3

1148 US Open, New York USA 9/06 Grand Slam Outdoor Hard QF Robin Soderling (SWE) / #5 Win 6–4, 6–4, 7–5

1149 US Open, New York USA 9/06 Grand Slam Outdoor Hard SF Novak Djokovic (SRB) / #3 Loss 5–7, 6–1, 5–7, 6–2, 7–5

[tscii:b7c8e0848a][/tscii:b7c8e0848a]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:31 AM
1150 Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai China 10/10 1000 Outdoor Hard 1R Bye

1151 Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai China 10/10 1000 Outdoor Hard 2R John Isner (USA) / #20 Win 6–3, 6–4

1152 Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai China 10/10 1000 Outdoor Hard 3R Andreas Seppi (ITA) / #58 Win 6–3, 6–4

1153 Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai China 10/10 1000 Outdoor Hard QF Robin Soderling (SWE) / #5 Win 6–1, 6–1

1154 Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai China 10/10 1000 Outdoor Hard SF Novak Djokovic (SRB) / #2 Win 7–5, 6–4

1155 Shanghai Rolex Masters, Shanghai China 10/10 1000 Outdoor Hard F Andy Murray (GBR) / #4 Loss 6–3, 6–2

1156 If Stockholm Open, Stockholm Sweden 10/18 250 Outdoor Hard 1R Bye

1157 If Stockholm Open, Stockholm Sweden 10/18 250 Outdoor Hard 2R Taylor Dent (USA) / #101 Win 6–1, 6–2

1158 If Stockholm Open, Stockholm Sweden 10/18 250 Outdoor Hard QF Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) / #21 Win 2–6, 6–3, 6–2

1159 If Stockholm Open, Stockholm Sweden 10/18 250 Outdoor Hard SF Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) / #17 Win 7–6(5), 6–2

1160 If Stockholm Open, Stockholm Sweden 10/18 250 Outdoor Hard F Florian Mayer (GER) / #47 Win 6–4, 6–3

1161 Swiss Indoors Basel, Basel Switzerland 11/1 500 Indoor Hard 1R Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR) / #48 Win 6–4, 5–2 RET

1162 Swiss Indoors Basel, Basel Switzerland 11/1 500 Indoor Hard 2R Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) / #46 Win 6–3, 6–4

1163 Swiss Indoors Basel, Basel Switzerland 11/1 500 Indoor Hard QF Radek Stepanek (CZE) / #38 Win 6–3, 6–2

1164 Swiss Indoors Basel, Basel Switzerland 11/1 500 Indoor Hard SF Andy Roddick (USA) / #9 Win 6–2, 6–4

1165 Swiss Indoors Basel, Basel Switzerland 11/1 500 Indoor Hard F Novak Djokovic (SRB) / #3 Win 6–4, 3–6, 6–1

1166 BNP Paribas Masters, Paris France 11/7 1000 Indoor Hard 1R Bye

1167 BNP Paribas Masters, Paris France 11/7 1000 Indoor Hard 2R Richard Gasquet (FRA) / #28 Win 6–4, 6–4

1168 BNP Paribas Masters, Paris France 11/7 1000 Indoor Hard 3R Radek Stepanek (CZE) / #41 Win 6–4, 6–3

1169 BNP Paribas Masters, Paris France 11/7 1000 Indoor Hard QF Jurgen Melzer (AUT) / #12 Win 6–1, 7–6(4)

1170 BNP Paribas Masters, Paris France 11/7 1000 Indoor Hard SF Gael Monfils (FRA) / #14 Loss 7–6(7), 6–7(1), 7–6(4)

[tscii:894c62f6e2][/tscii:894c62f6e2]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:32 AM
2010 ATP World Tour Finals

1171 ATP World Tour Finals, London England 11/21 YEC Indoor Hard RR David Ferrer (ESP) / #7 Win 6–1, 6–4

1172 ATP World Tour Finals, London England 11/21 YEC Indoor Hard RR Andy Murray (GBR) / #5 Win 6–4, 6–2

1173 ATP World Tour Finals, London England 11/21 YEC Indoor Hard RR Robin Soderling (SWE) / #4 Win 7–6(5), 6–3

1174 ATP World Tour Finals, London England 11/21 YEC Indoor Hard SF Novak Djokovic (SRB) / #3 Win 6–1, 6–4

1175 ATP World Tour Finals, London England 11/21 YEC Indoor Hard F Rafael Nadal (ESP) / #1 Win 6–3, 3–6, 6–1

[tscii:3fce707c78][/tscii:3fce707c78]

ajithfederer
29th November 2010, 11:33 AM
:2thumbsup: :victory: :yes: 100 Pages :clap: :notworthy: 8-)

omega
29th November 2010, 05:36 PM
Just watched the match (Fed vs Nadal World Tour Finals)... :clap:
Was very impressed with his backhand which was in full flow.
Nadal who time & again breaks Fed's BH, was not allowed to do so in this particular match. The low bouncing surface is a criteria, but there were occasions when Fed was able to rip BH cross court winners from just above his shoulder :notworthy: ....
He was aggressive & was well supported by his impressive serving in the first set. As often his performace took a dive in the 2nd set, but quickly regrouped for the decider.

Thought his high % of first serve was the key factor, but in the end it was Nadal who had the upper hand on this (80 vs 61). However the biggest difference was converting 3/3 breakpoint oppurtunities which he has always struggled against Nadal. Keeping most of points short (particularly in the 1st set) was another ploy that worked so well. Some where around 3-3 in the 1st set Fed had 10 winners to Nadal's 0 ( :thumbsup: ).

Excellent way to finish off the year....

Nadal in the process took the first set against Fed in indoors (just to expect what is to come in years ahead). From losing all matches (3) in the previous edition to winning 4/5 is awesome. :clap:

It would be good for Nadal to go 1 (size) over on his under garment. Its getting too annoying.

ajithfederer
30th November 2010, 12:59 AM
*Federer also became the First ATP player ever to beat all the TOP 5 Ranked players in a single tournament

Nadal (1)
Djokovic (3)
Murray (4)
Soderling (5)

That's a remarkable achievement.

ajithfederer
30th November 2010, 01:11 AM
LM, Please upload these images/.

http://i56.tinypic.com/21mvwow.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/1z3xxjo.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/mud37k.jpg

ajithfederer
30th November 2010, 02:14 AM
BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS

Nadal Praises Federer, Reflects On "Emotional Season"
London, England
by James Buddell

Rafael Nadal praised Roger Federer after the Swiss lifted his fifth title at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals on Sunday.

“I feel I lost the match because I played against a very good Roger Federer on one of his favourite surfaces,” said the World No. 1, who remained upbeat despite losing 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 at the London season finale. “When he's playing like this, [it] is very difficult to stop him.”

It was the first No. 1-2 ranked final at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals since 1986 when No. 1 Ivan Lendl defeated No. 2 Boris Becker.

Discuss On Facebook | Final Report: Federer Wins 66th Title

Over the course of 22 career meetings, Nadal admitted, “Our relationship [hasn’t] changed a lot since the beginning because all the time [we have been] very respectful. So I think [it] is not a rivalry. We never had any problems in all of our careers.”

This year, 24-year-old Nadal lifted three Grand Slam championships – at Roland Garros (d. Soderling), Wimbledon (d. Berdych) and the US Open (d. Djokovic) – completing a career Grand Slam in New York City and also took a clean sweep of ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court titles. He compiled a 71-10 season record.

“I think [it] was a very emotional season. I am very happy for everything and just [want to] say thank you very much [to] all the people that supported me when I had the difficult moments [and] when I was winning.”

Looking ahead to 2011, Nadal insists “the pressure for me is going to be the same.

“When I start the season, everything starts. I don't think [about] if I have to defend 100,000 points or if I have to defend 1,000 points. In Australia or in Doha when I start the season, I [will] have zero points.

“[My] first goal is qualification for London next year, and after we will see. I [am] going to work to be ready and competitive to try to be in the top positions and to compete to keep winning titles.

“The goal is the same: try to play well; try to compete against everybody and try to be in the final rounds.”

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/News/Tennis/2010/Tournament/London-Sunday-Nadal-Reflects-On-Emotional-Year.aspx

[tscii:dcd092dd7f][/tscii:dcd092dd7f]

ajithfederer
30th November 2010, 02:49 AM
Mods/Admin Please archive this thread.

Omega

Please start a new thread whenever you seem fit.

:)

littlemaster1982
30th November 2010, 09:51 AM
[html:03246db3f7]http://i56.tinypic.com/21mvwow.jpg[/html:03246db3f7]

[html:03246db3f7]http://i53.tinypic.com/1z3xxjo.jpg[/html:03246db3f7]

[html:03246db3f7]http://i51.tinypic.com/mud37k.jpg[/html:03246db3f7]