PDA

View Full Version : Shahrukh Khan in & as DON: The Chase Begins Again !!!

Pages : 1 [2]

selvakumar
1st December 2006, 04:02 PM
ur insane :cool:
Check out facts in figures!
Dons done better total business than RDB/Fanaa :cool:
Only KANK/Krrish/LRMB were bigger!

KANK is bigger than DON ! Then I should take KANK as average and DON as flop :confused2:

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 04:05 PM
Quoting this again for dear Selva !

Well take a look at this :ty:
http://www.boxofficeindia.com/2006.htm
Domestic gross
Krrish:64,86,00,000
KANK:46,40,00,000

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/overseas.htm
Overseas Gross:
Krrish:18,50,00,000
KANK:44,50,00,000

Total it plz :D
When an avg SRK movie can gross much more than Hrithiks biggest blockbuster,imagine what will be the result of a DDLJ/K2H2 today :omg:
SRK rulz :thumbsup:

SRK has been the highest paid actor since 1997-2006 :exactly:
When an avg movie like KANK can do better total business than the overhyped Krrish :poke:

Navin, Now only people are believing on ur stats. But this one will make them reconsider their conclusion on u !

:lol:

imsai
1st December 2006, 06:23 PM
nice joke :rotfl:
I think u havent watched many movies of SRK :D
Watch Swades/Devdas,ull eat back ur words :)
Stop comparing the acting abilities of a macho-jerk with a 6 time filmfare best actor award winner :cool: + 2 filmfares for the best villain !

I've watched more SRK movies than Hrithik's :rotfl:

Devdas-the only movie this statue tried to act :rotfl: but still Aish kutty and Maduri dixit stole the show :rotfl:

Swades :rotfl:

His so called best acting in Dar :rotfl:

Hillarious movie Duplicate :rotfl: :rotfl: I and lancelot watched this movie together, since then we came to a conclusion SRK is a **y :oops:

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 07:02 PM
Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!
:ty: NOV!

selvakumar
1st December 2006, 07:11 PM
Though KANK is an average, it cannot be taken as an average of SRK alone ! It should be viewed as an average of the entire cast
Big B + SRK + JUnior B + Rani + Preity
I accept ur words on DDLJ !
If u want to compare something, compare KRRISH and DON ! :)

P.S: BTW, I am neither a SRK FAN / HATER nor a HRITHIK supporter / basher ! :)

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 07:39 PM
Then why Umrao Jaan,family etc failed to collect even 1-10th of KANK :huh:

Though KANK is an average, it cannot be taken as an average of SRK alone ! It should be viewed as an average of the entire cast

Ramakrishna
1st December 2006, 07:41 PM
Who acted in Umrao Jaan along with Abishek.

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 07:45 PM
Ash :cool:

great
1st December 2006, 07:45 PM

Ullor kelavi aishwarya Rai :victory:

Ramakrishna
1st December 2006, 07:46 PM
Athu theriyumdaa, any other acted along with Abhi like Amitabh.

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 07:48 PM
Sunil Shetty-Shabana Azmi :roll:

Athu theriyumdaa, any other acted along with Abhi like Amitabh.

selvakumar
1st December 2006, 08:11 PM
KANK had bigger starcast. Aish and A.B combination sucked bigtime :x
Plus Karan JOher was there ! :) (general expectations, family audience pull etc) :D

Unicorn
2nd December 2006, 04:07 PM
Anybody watched new kbc preview :redjump:
Show absolutely rocks :thumbsup:
This man knows how to keep ppl glued to the seats wo even takin a break :clap:
TRP ratings is a new record :cool:

Ramakrishna
2nd December 2006, 04:12 PM
eppo daa?

Unicorn
2nd December 2006, 04:39 PM
star plus aired a preview(10 mins) :cool:
Full shows will start from Next yr :D

eppo daa?

Unicorn
2nd December 2006, 04:40 PM
SRK has been paid 280 cr for the next 2 seasons of kbc 2 :omg:
Abt 3ce as that of Amitabh!

Surya
3rd December 2006, 02:31 AM
what is kbc? :?

and where did u get that 280 cr info from?

Unicorn
3rd December 2006, 10:13 AM
kaun banega crorepati :cool:
a game show.
google search SRK kbc 280 cr.Ull get 1000 links :cool:

what is kbc? :?

and where did u get that 280 cr info from?

imsai
3rd December 2006, 11:02 PM
I watched DON in my home. My dog was sitting behind me and drinking apple juice. When the intro scene came, the dog barked loudly. When it saw DON's face, it threw up everything it drank. My god. My dog, which has good taste, needs a monocle now :cry:

Ramakrishna
3rd December 2006, 11:02 PM
:rotfl2:

villan007
4th December 2006, 11:46 PM
I watched DON in my home. My dog was sitting behind me and drinking apple juice. When the intro scene came, the dog barked loudly. When it saw DON's face, it threw up everything it drank. My god. My dog, which has good taste, needs a monocle now :cry:

:rotfl:

Nerd
4th December 2006, 11:49 PM

Source ??

AB was AWESOME to say the least. I dont think that anyone can replace him 8-) That WAS my most fav TV show.

Surya
5th December 2006, 03:47 AM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 03:54 PM
http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=12636
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/27400.html
http://news.sulekha.com/newsitemdisplay.aspx?cid=251164&cat=Entertainment
etc :)
AB was paid 1 cr per episode,SRKs now bein paid over 2 times the price :)
Shows gonne be aired prime time,4 times a day,for 2 yrs :thumbsup:
TRP's breakin the ceiling :)

Source ??

AB was AWESOME to say the least. I dont think that anyone can replace him 8-) That WAS my most fav TV show.

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 04:08 PM
Did any1 watch the compilation @ Headlines Today yesterday titled 'Kaun Banega No 1' (Baadshah vs Shah En Shah--a documentary abt AB n SRK)
abt kbc,abt their way to superstardom,their movies,their earnings,their off screen relationship and political association :D
Show was cool..
Only yesterday did i watch AB's "bollywood ki baadshah main nahin hai,bollywood ki baadshah Shah Rukh Khan Hai" interview statements :D
Siddharth Basu mentioned that SRK wud easily carry kbc-3.The show will be more youthful,ull see a display of his wits n charm and a peek into what sort of a person the offscreen SRK is etc etc :D
SRK was very pleased to be back @ the place where he began his career and he said "Though AB's shoes are too big for me to get in,i'll do my best to make the show as lively and interesting as possible"
Show starts @ Jan 7th.Can hardly wait :D

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 04:09 PM
1 idiot to blabber,3 idiots to :rotfl:
:banghead: Go get a life !

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

imsai
5th December 2006, 04:11 PM
Did any1 watch the compilation @ Headlines Today yesterday titled 'Kaun Banega No 1' (Baadshah vs Shah En Shah--a documentary abt AB n SRK)
abt kbc,abt their way to superstardom,their movies,their earnings,their off screen relationship and political association :D
Show was cool..
Only yesterday did i watch AB's "bollywood ki baadshah main nahin hai,bollywood ki baadshah Shah Rukh Khan Hai" interview statements :D
Siddharth Basu mentioned that SRK wud easily carry kbc-3.The show will be more youthful,ull see a display of his wits n charm and a peek into what sort of a person the offscreen SRK is etc etc :D
SRK was very pleased to be back @ the place where he began his career and he said "Though AB's shoes are too big for me to get in,i'll do my best to make the show as lively and interesting as possible"

For all that, he has no talent :cry:

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 04:16 PM
imsai here says so :cry:
He can analyse SRKs talent better than AB n co :)
Why cant every1 learn from this mantle of intelligence here :huh:
imsai,why not try ur luck @ films,when ppl can appreciate a talentless SRK,u can become the superstar of this universe :thumbsup:

Show was cool..

For all that, he has no talent :cry:

selvakumar
5th December 2006, 04:28 PM
[tscii:7867efafdd]
Well, after the news was broken last Sunday that King Khan is going to take over from where Big B left, we did a little public opinion on who you think makes a better choice for being the host of ‘KBC’. An overwhelming majority of people were of the opinion that it would be impossible for Shahrukh to get into Bachchan’s shoes as he doesn’t have the same mass appeal. A few others said that Big B’s humility was his biggest asset while SRK’s arrogance will not go down well the family audience.

The one’s who did favour SRK was a bunch of college girls, a couple of school kids and an NRI shopping in Lokhandwala. Well, that’s exactly the market SRK caters to: The youngsters, kids and the overseas crowd. They were of the opinion that SRK will surely add his own. And, what about the rumours that he is supposedly being paid a whopping Rs 280 crores for hosting the show? “He deserves it…,” answered a college girl with the squeal of a diehard fan. [/tscii:7867efafdd]

imsai
5th December 2006, 04:30 PM
imsai,why not try ur luck @ films,when ppl can appreciate a talentless SRK,u can become the superstar of this universe :thumbsup:

When talentless SRK can become an 'alleged' Superstar, there's a possibility that I can become a Superstar by analysing a talentless Superstar :rotfl: :rotfl:

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 04:34 PM
keep on :rotfl: :rotfl: I wont disturb..
All I can do is have some pity :cry:

When talentless SRK can become an 'alleged' Superstar, there's a possibility that I can become a Superstar by analysing a talentless Superstar :rotfl: :rotfl:

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 04:37 PM
SRK and Aamir in Dhoom 3 :)
Gonna exponentiate the ceiling :cool:

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 04:39 PM
SRK, Aamir in 'Dhoom 3'?
Yash Raj Films seem to have made up its mind. They will be making 'Dhoom 3'. Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra will continue to play the cops, as in 'Dhoom 2'.

Buzz is, Shah Rukh Khan has been roped in to play the smart thief (played by John Abraham in 'Dhoom' and Hrithik Roshan in 'Dhoom 2') There's also talk doing the rounds that Aamir Khan will be included in the film.

What about the girls? Rimi Sen and Esha Deol who were in 'Dhoom', were not chosen for 'Dhoom 2', but instead were replaced by Aishwarya Rai and Bipasha Basu. Will Rimi and Esha return? Or will Ash and Bips continue? Or will we have some other gals? Let's wait and watch.

One thing is for certain. Sanjay Gadhvi who directed the first two parts will not be directing the third one. Gadhvi has since parted ways with Yash Raj Films.

imsai
5th December 2006, 04:47 PM
SRK in DhoomIII :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's a disgrace that he's gonna play a role that Hrithik has played before. Anyway, he can't match Hrithik's multi skills :rotfl:

No SRK fans are gonna say Dhoom is the best blah blah.. :rotfl:

Amir won't play in DhoomIII in Abishek's role simply because he's a better actor than SRK and would want to do the meaty role. Abishek should retain his role. Amir should do the Hrithik's role. SRK can do Uday chopra's role.

Surya, do you agree?

selvakumar
5th December 2006, 04:53 PM
Amir won't play in DhoomIII in Abishek's role simply because he's a better actor than SRK and would want to do the meaty role. Abishek should retain his role. Amir should do the Hrithik's role. SRK can do Uday chopra's role.

Surya, do you agree?

Infact, there is a serious discussion going on this in AAMIR orkut community ! They have ripped apart SRK there :oops:
I was reading the while conversation. All aamir fans are damn sure that he won't play in that movie ! Let us wait !

BTW, Have they acted in any film together?

great
5th December 2006, 06:27 PM
SRK and Aamir in Dhoom 3 :)
Gonna exponentiate the ceiling :cool:

Its just a rumour , SRK himself confirmed today that he is not aware of Dhoom 3 and don sequel .

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 06:32 PM
No :cool:
Rumours that Mani's Mahabharatha will bring the 2 together was spread,and now this :)

Surya, do you agree?

Infact, there is a serious discussion going on this in AAMIR orkut community ! They have ripped apart SRK there :oops:
I was reading the while conversation. All aamir fans are damn sure that he won't play in that movie ! Let us wait !

BTW, Have they acted in any film together?

nickraman
6th December 2006, 06:28 AM
Don kicks ass and anyone who disagrees is a cynical purist.

So after reading over about 4-5 reviews saying it sucks and 2 or 3 claiming it rocks, I was mixed to whether or not watch the film or not. So I waited a week after the release to hear the verdict between the two diwali films. To my surprise, this "naya" Don became an HUGE success overseas, and UK. India too, though there are those [cynical purists like those @ Rediff.com and Indiafm.com] claim that nothing matches up to Big B's version of the film. I would tell them that first of all, this DON isn't a translation scene-to-scene version of their precious Big B version. In fact, as Farhan has mentioned several times in his interviews that they RETAINED the Don flavor in this naya version but with a twist. Believe me, when he said twist, he really meant it, especially in the climax of the film. I'm not going to spoil anything here since well, you've all see the old Don, so it's the same except it's beautifully shot in Malaysia, while 10% was shot in Mumbai, Goa areas.

As far as acting goes, SRK rocks in this role. I didn't like him in KANK, but this makes up for it. He fills in Big B's shoes VERY well. Priyanka, Isha and Kareena do justice to their roles. Arjun Rampal as JJ is a must-watch. This guy has made a great comeback with this film. Boman Irani as DeSilva was THE BEST part of the movie, aside from the protagonists and all.

SEL's music is another highlight of the film. They get brownie points for Main Hoon Don, Yeh Mera Dil (remastered), Mourya Re, Aaj Ki Raat. The Khaike song was okay, but the song was nice. Also, the "Don theme" and "Don-revisited" themes play a HUGE role as the BGM (Background Music).

In short: Don't listen to those cynical pursts [Rediff, Indiafm] and go watch it!
Rating: ****1/2

Surya
6th December 2006, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know where I can D'load the 3 min DON Trailer? :)

Aandavan
6th December 2006, 08:59 AM
this movie is well made... technically its good.. but its another big bore as the story is known.. the twist in the end makes no impact...

Unicorn
12th December 2006, 11:38 AM
[tscii:835cbdc956]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-06-01/11-12-06-rahman.html

Most searched actor on the internet:
In simple words, a popularity award. Who else? Shahrukh Khan….. He is the Baadshah.

Most searched actress on the internet:
Surprise! Priyanka Chopra. Not Aishwarya Rai. Unexpected, but true. [/tscii:835cbdc956]

Warden
3rd February 2007, 03:14 PM
KBC rocks :thumbsup: I like it even more than the Bachan version.
Karan Johar is the first celebrity whos gonna try the hotseat.
And when is the next SRK starrer releasing(Chak De India :roll: )

Surya
4th February 2007, 04:49 AM
KBC rocks :thumbsup: I like it even more than the Bachan version.
Karan Johar is the first celebrity whos gonna try the hotseat.
And when is the next SRK starrer releasing(Chak De India :roll: )

Set to release in August 2007. 8-)

rookie007
24th May 2007, 09:39 PM
I never watched the orginal version of Don.....
So When I seen the trailer for the new Don movie...
I was amazaed...
So I went to the theater and watched the movie...
and the REAL surprice for me was that ...I fell a sleep in the half way of the movie.... :shock: ....the movie was so laggy and boaring.....
I wasted 3 hours of my life.....dammit....
When u compare it to Dhoom 2...this movie is a crap.........
and the surprice ending, did not make any sence..why the hell would u want to kill the good guy in the end and make the bad guy live?????
Already ......... India is filled with crimal activities ...and here you show Don as the man who does all the dealings with durgs and escapes....YEAHAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SRS
13th June 2007, 02:25 AM
I was watching Don 2: The Chase Begins again two weeks ago. Its a very confusing movie. I could barely follow it. Seems like a lot of scenes have no relation to one another. So Don is a gangster. I understood that. But what was the purpose of having Arjun Rampal come and rob jewelry? Why not just focus on the Don character? Also the part when Don was in the hospital. Suddenly another Don appeared. Now there are two Dons... but when the Don in the hospital got better, the other Don disappeared altogether from the movie. Also, some of the scenes just seemed fake. For instance, when Don is being transported on the highway, his friends come, block the police convoy, and use a helicopter to airlift the car that Don is in. I only watched half of this movie. It was very disappointing. I was expecting something great like "Badshah" but this was the total opposite.