PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day : How do you celebrate your mother's love?

Hulkster
13th May 2006, 11:51 AM
Mother's day comes once a year and it is the day we celebrate the love given to us by our mothers and make them feel comfy although by rite we should be doing it everyday....on this day how do you guys spend time with your mother?...views and comments on mother's day are also welcome..:)

c4ramesh
13th May 2006, 12:01 PM
well, nothing really special. I don't think you need a day to this... its quite obvious! i behave in the same way as I do every day :)

sgokulprathap
13th May 2006, 12:04 PM
Mother's day comes once a year and it is the day we celebrate the love given to us by our mothers and make them feel comfy although by rite we should be doing it everyday....on this day how do you guys spend time with your mother?...views and comments on mother's day are also welcome..:)

Naangallam eppavume motherkku mariyadhai kuduppom. Ungala maadhiri edho oru naal gift vaangi koduthu kondadaradhula nambikkai illai.

For me every day is Mothers day.

Hulkster
13th May 2006, 12:22 PM
Yeppa...athu theriyum pa...how do you all usually celebrate mother's day?...like how do you spend time with your mother on this day?

girishk14
13th May 2006, 02:28 PM
I don't how Mother's Day came about. I also don't know the significance of the day, but since the whole world celebrates it on that day, it has become an universal day. Therefore, I too celebrate it by buying a gift for my mother. Sometimes, I make attempts in writing poems that may impress her. :D

sgokulprathap
13th May 2006, 03:22 PM
I don't how Mother's Day came about. I also don't know the significance of the day, but since the whole world celebrates it on that day, it has become an universal day. Therefore, I too celebrate it by buying a gift for my mother. Sometimes, I make attempts in writing poems that may impress her. :D

Yeah thats y I consider my mom's B'day as mother's day.

great
13th May 2006, 03:38 PM
Why you want to restrict to only one day :? celebrated mothers day daily man :D

Hulkster
13th May 2006, 03:51 PM
Ellarum off topic poraenge pa....yes mother's day is everyday...but im querying you guys how do you spend time with your mother's usually on mother's day?...olunga post pennunga pa...:D

great
13th May 2006, 04:07 PM
I dont beleive in celebrating Mothers day, valentines day, thursday , monday, tuesday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday . So i cant leave any comments as such :|

malsi
13th May 2006, 04:44 PM
i understand what Hulkster is trying to say..but though I wish to post a reply..I really dont know what to say..as my mother has passed away...

rocketboy
13th May 2006, 04:51 PM
malsi I feel extremely sorry for you . :cry: :cry: .

Hulkster
13th May 2006, 10:31 PM
Malsi...remember that love does not end with death..it goes beyond...same goes for thanksgiving...what im trying to say is on mother's day...how do you people spend time with your mother?...bring her out?...give her gifts?...thats what i meant....sad to know that ur mum has reached god...but remember...nobody is immortal...we are all bound to pass away one day..:)

crazy
13th May 2006, 11:31 PM
malsi i feel terribly sorry for u!
dont worry ur mother is always close to u! watching u all the time! :)
and blessing u!

Ghlli
14th May 2006, 05:29 AM
mothers day is a good thing...its a great excuse to ask ur dad and go shopping with your friends saying ur gona buy a prezzie for ur muma :lol: although i do buy a prezzie, i just dont 4get about it..i'm nt that bad :lol:

Sinthiya
14th May 2006, 06:23 AM
Hulkster sir, I understand what you mean...

true, everyday is like Mother's Day, but sometimes, our lives are too busy to take that time to thank our moms...so I think Mother's Day is a day to just say thanks for everything....:)...

unfortunately, i'm working tomorrow...but we hope to take our mom to dinner and tamil movie, if possible...otherwise, i'll spend the evening just talking to her.... :)

malsi
14th May 2006, 09:11 AM
"rocketboy".."hulkster".."crazy"...

thank you guys...that messages really mean a lot to mean...and "Crazy",i feel as if my mum has sent me that message through you...thank you so much...

crazy
14th May 2006, 07:12 PM
"rocketboy".."hulkster".."crazy"...

thank you guys...that messages really mean a lot to mean...and "Crazy",i feel as if my mum has sent me that message through you...thank you so much...

so sweet!
i hope so!

Thirumaran
15th May 2006, 04:38 AM
I dont beleive in celebrating Mothers day, valentines day, thursday , monday, tuesday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday . So i cant leave any comments as such :|
Me too. I dont understand why we need to celebrate a specific day for any good things.

Raikkonen
15th May 2006, 12:28 PM
i dun like to celebrate mothers day

nms
15th May 2006, 01:51 PM
ada , amma manasu punpadaama nadandhalay podhum...dhinamum mother's day dhaan..

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 07:12 PM
Why you want to restrict to only one day :? celebrated mothers day daily man :D
I really dont think its possible to celebrate everyday.LIFE gets in the way!!How many days do you stop to think about your friends,parents,teachers and those people in your life who had the smallest influence on you??We are usually so caught up in living (which is natural) that we take all these people forgranted.Then there comes this one special day where you recongnise the special person and make an effort to make her day a little brighter is all this day is about.There is no need to buy her a gift or send her flowers.But just a phone call would be nice.Just to let her know that even though it might not seem that way ,you do think of her once every day and are not taking her forgranted.I know this is a very western concept..but I do like this concept and think that its one of the good concepts we can adopt from the western world.

Hulkster
15th May 2006, 07:20 PM
Yeppa comments ellam nalla irukku...but im shocked that only one person has managed to answer my topic...that is how do you spend time with your mother on mother's day....SS akka neengalavethu mothers day anikku unga ammavoda enna seivaengunu sollunga...konjam punniyamavathu serettum intha topicu..:D

great
15th May 2006, 07:22 PM
hmm lemme break it for my convineance

I really dont think its possible to celebrate everyday.LIFE gets in the way!!How many days do you stop to think about your friends,parents,teachers and those people in your life who had the smallest influence on you??.

It is possible to enjoy/celebrate daily, I do think about friend family daily maybe i have regular contacts with my friend obviously with parents and regarding teachers they would be remembering me bcoz i am such a gem of a person :roll: they would have ever come across.

There is no need to buy her a gift or send her flowers.But just a phone call would be nice.Just to let her know that even though it might not seem that way ,you do think of her once every day and are not taking her forgranted.

Even if we call on anyother day she would happy and he/she would be very much happy that i have spoken to my daugher,son, grand daughter etc etc for he/she it will not make any difference whether its mother day or fathers day

I know this is a very western concept..but I do like this concept and think that its one of the good concepts we can adopt from the western world.

Yea its very much a western concept where by ppl more than 18+ would not be staying with their parents thats why they are celebrating mothers day this day that day. But it india its not the case we are staying with parents except for womens

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 07:30 PM
Great that is the point!!We dont live with our parents,most of us in India included..not the current generation anyways.We have our jobs,families etc etc which intrudes.Things which have always been with us,which we will always have are usually taken forgranted.This day is just to tell us,do not take your mom forgranted.Whats wrong in that??

great
15th May 2006, 07:51 PM
SS, still i am not convinced :D . Why you want to celebrate mothers day once in a year, lets assume we are in western country still we can make call to our parents atleast once in 15 days if not every week.

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 07:57 PM
SS, still i am not convinced :D . Why you want to celebrate mothers day once in a year, lets assume we are in western country still we can make call to our parents atleast once in 15 days if not every week.
coz u make a call you wantto tell her whats happening in your life,whats happening in hers and thats just about it.In the phone call you make on Mothers day,you tell her what a great mom shes been to you.Wish her..generally tell her that you realise that she is a mother..believe me..not many people do that :(.They tend to take moms forgranted :(

great
15th May 2006, 08:00 PM
/////They tend to take moms forgranted

Defn not atlead 85% will never do that . Atleast i dont/will never do that :)

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 08:04 PM
/////They tend to take moms forgranted

Defn not atlead 85% will never do that . Atleast i dont/will never do that :)
unfortunately its the 85% which does that!!Hope that when you get married,have children and life catches up with you,you still remember this "Atleast I dont/will never do that" :P

great
15th May 2006, 08:09 PM
Yea this great has not changed till now that doensnt i havent takent any good things. He would remain the same old great forever 8-)

malsi
15th May 2006, 08:12 PM
oh my goodness..why cant you people understand what Hulkster is trying to say..fine...let us not brood over Mother's Day..since we have to apprecaite them everyday right..???

Then why have Valentine's Day..why have Birthdays...why have Anniversary Day...

Its the same concept..you dont give flowers to your mother daily do you?..ok..forget daily..how abt once a week?..ok..forget once a week..how abt once a month?..hahahaha..too often eh??...so simple.. ITS ON MOTHERS DAY YOU DO THIS SPECIAL ACT OF LOVE..

Its not to prove a point of whether you love her or not..its just a time ..a day..specially for mothers...and whats wrong in celebrating that...

Hulkster
15th May 2006, 08:13 PM
Hmms let me post my views too.

Mothers get overjoyed when a child responds to them with a smile or evern crys at them at a young age...that is love shown to the mother everyday...the mother falls in love with the child with its ruffled words and believes that is love shown to her by the child...when the child grows up and at times fights, confides in its mother its secrets and feelings...the mother feels that the child is showering love on her. Amma paasam yeppodum ammavai kattipidichi i love you solvethinaal varuvethinillai...athu petra bandhathil varum santhosam...kuzhunthaiyin punnagaiyaal vadiyum kathal...valarntha pinna kaatrum mugavarigalil pozhiyum natpu...vaazhkaiyil munnerum bothu kaatum santhosathal pirakkum oru puthiya punnagai...ithu thaan Ammavodeiya paasam.

Even if you show a smile to your mother...that is for her the love your showering on her...and that explains the love mothers have for their children...:)

Hulkster
15th May 2006, 08:16 PM
oh my goodness..why cant you people understand what Hulkster is trying to say..fine...let us not brood over Mother's Day..since we have to apprecaite them everyday right..???

Its the same concept..you dont give flowers to your mother daily do you?..ok..forget daily..how abt once a week?..ok..forget once a week..how abt once a month?..hahahaha..too often eh??...so simple.. ITS ON MOTHERS DAY YOU DO THIS SPECIAL ACT OF LOVE..

Its not to prove a point of whether you love her or not..its just a time ..a day..specially for mothers...and whats wrong in celebrating that...

Yeaps...i guess they got too over emotional whether mother's day is really needed and started off on the importance of mother's day...nvm...atleast we get to hear what people really think of mother's day...nanri malsi avargalae..:)

great
15th May 2006, 08:21 PM

Except for Anniversary, I hold the same opinion for Valentines day and Birthday.

I dont like to celebrate my birthday.I am against celebrating valentines day on particular day :D

great
15th May 2006, 08:31 PM

eee flower and gift makes mother happy , naaah they dont get carried away by such things.

Real happiness lyes . My son/daughter has acheived this.

They would be happily saying my son/Daughter has gone abroad, not for money though. Bcoz they might not acheived this but their kids have done that.

Take care of your parent , Give ears to what they say. They would be really happy as we are nothing before them.

Guess i have given enought lecture :P

ajithfederer
15th May 2006, 11:09 PM
i was neither doing good at studies......nor i was feeling confident in anything......i was kicking myself why i came 2 US

last year a huge tragedy fell on me and my family.........my mom got a heart attack and i had to rush back 2 india.....there when i went and saw her she was lying in the bed without no movements...........doctors said that she is brain dead.........there is no use in keeping her in hospital......they said we were putting money in open well........but me and my sister had confidence....eratha church illai .......pannatha prarthanai illai........avanga erandhutaanga........avanga erantha vitham ennala paaka mudialai........naan avanga erakkum pothu naan icu la vittu veliya vanthutein..... enga ellarukkum romba varutham.......
ithellam paakum pothu kaduvulukku kannu illeyonnu enakku nenaika thonuthu.......enga amma kandippa antha alavukku kashtapattu ernthirukka vendaam

enga amma pathi naan ithula solleyae aaganum........avanga peru ROSE ANGELINE ..............naanga ellarum victoria thaan koopiduvom.......en amma was an example of hard work.........

daily kalaila..5 manikku enthirpaanga...enga familyla naan, en akka , enga appa.........kalaila entirchu coffee tiffenn lunch ellam pannuvaanga .....8 manikku munnadee schoolkku povaanga(she worked from 1966-2002).....she is an assistant headmaster at government high school kurichy,coimbatore..........avanga hm post kooda vanthuchu.......anaa velai jasthingarathu nala.........vendamnu solleetangaa........appuram sayngalam 5 manikku vanthu marupadium ella velayum avangalae seyvaanga.......
avangalukku nyabaga sakthi jaasthi.....enga sontha karanga ellarthoda birthday correctaa solluvaanga.....enna vayasunnu solluvaanga.....innonum sollanum she is really quick in maths....she can do basic (+-*/) so fastly.......inge kooda tm anna sakthi akka, swathy akka ellarum kepaanga.......eppidi nee ella vv kelvikkum correct aa solreynu.......ellam enga amma kittey irunthuenakku vantathu than....

avangalukaagha onnumae setu vekkalai.....ellamae enakku en akkaku enga appku than sethi vechaanga......avanga aasai pattu orupudavai kooda vanga mataanga.........engallukku than ellam thhookithooki kodupaanga....avangaa senja velaila 5% kooda 23 vayasu aageyum naan senjathu illai.......seyyavum ennala mudiathu

naan innaiku americala irukeina athukku karanam en amma thaan.......this post is a tribute for her hard work and the love and care and affection she showed for us.........

ippidi sogama iruntha ennai sagaja nilamaikku kondu vanthathukku intha hub um oru peria karanam.........i am really addicted to this hub....no way i am gonna leave this hub for any reason...... I LIKE ALL THE CHARACTERS HERE..........I MAY HAVE FOUGHT WITH EVERYONE....BUT STILL THIS IS MY FAMILY AND I LOVE MY FAMILY......

Lambretta
15th May 2006, 11:15 PM
AF,
Am extremely touched to read ur post man! :cry:
All the same, I admire ur courage to move on inspite of ur tragedy!

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 11:35 PM
AF,
Really Really touched to read your post :cry:.
Your mother must be surely looking down upon you with pride from the heavens right now!
:thumbsup: to your courage!

Lambretta
15th May 2006, 11:38 PM
Your mother must be surely looking down upon you with pride from the heavens right now!
Altho it doesnt relate to this thread, I hope its the same in case of my father.....! :cry:

RC
16th May 2006, 12:43 AM
AF: Dont know what to say after reading your post... :(

Shakthiprabha.
16th May 2006, 12:53 AM
af,

Please believe she is watcing u, from whereever she is.
I dont have words to say anythign else.

Anybody whom u love, wont ever leave u, they are with u, in some form.Please Believe it. :(

Ghlli
16th May 2006, 03:21 AM
AF anna i\m crying after reading ur post :cry: :cry: :cry:

maybe i should listen to my mummy from now on :cry:

ajithfederer
16th May 2006, 05:05 AM
Thanks ghilli , lamby,sp akka , rc and ssanjinika........

i am very sorry to hear ur position lambretta.......... :cry: :cry:

Kollywoodfan
16th May 2006, 06:13 AM
There was this really funny/cute comic strip for Mother's Day...

So there is a mother and a child and the child gives his mom breakfast in bed and a gift on mother's day...and the mother says

Mother: A mother's love for her child is unconditional

Child: What does that mean, Mommy?

Mother: That means no matter what her child does, she'll still always love him/her....

Child (is depicted bolting out of the room): WHY DIDN'T U EVER TELL ME THIS BEFORE MOMMY?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know, it was just cute

Hulkster
16th May 2006, 06:21 AM
AF, i refrain from posting any comments as it will only sadden you further...every mother will never want to see her child cry even if she is with GOD so i will just say this:

Thai paasam maranathaal mudivethu ellei
Petra bantham sudugaadil azhivethillai
Nee vaazhkaiyil adeiyum vetri thaan unga ammakku periya santhosam
Nee unga ammavai ninaithu seiyal padum ovvuru velaiyil vetri nichayam.
Maranam paasathai azhikkum kodumai ellei
Athu nammai unnum seiya pada vendum endru kodukkum ookam.

Always remember that Mothers always come before GOD...so she has not really left you...she has become GOD to guide you...summava thai munaadi vananginaar kaduvul...:)

malsi
16th May 2006, 09:23 AM
AF..i am in tears now after reading your story..im very sorry to hear that...i can understand how you must be feeling...I too went through the same situation...my mother was already in the dying state..and im sure she knew that she was going to leave all of us..but at that moment of time..she could still hug me and she said.."..you should never cry..pls dont cry.."..and she slipped into coma..and passed away abt 2 hrs after that...thats the love of a mother..even till today..her last words to me still linger in my mind...

malsi
16th May 2006, 09:26 AM
and this hub..and every hubber means a lot to me..i have not met any of you in person..i dont know how any of you look like..but still..you are the people who have made me open my heart and pour all my sorrows..memories..

thank you so much friends.....

rocketboy
16th May 2006, 10:21 AM
af and malsi,
after reading your posts i feel extremely sad. :cry: :cry: .these are not mere emoticons but reflect my true heart feelings. I read one story long time ago. I think this is the appropriate place to post it. There was this mother and her son . The mother showered all love any woman could possibly do on her son. But the son got into bad company .One day one of his friends asked him to go and fetch his mother's heart. The son took a knife , stabbed his mother with it , ripped her body open and took the heart out . While returning to meet his friends he accidently cut his hand with the knife he waqs carrying. At the very moment the heart in his hand trembled, purely out of grief for her son's injury. This story is often cited as an example for mother's love . I feel that the love and affection a mother showers on her kids is the most purest and truest love in this world. The only person I ever listen to is my mom . Well, its purely out of the love and affection I have for her than anything else .God wanted to be with everyone. So he created mothers. :)

Hulkster
16th May 2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah thats a common idea...but actually that might stem from the fact that mothers can create, protect and destroy...the three works of GOD. There have been stories like how a mother brought back her son alive after she cursed GOD for taking her son away...they say a mother's speech is very powerful and if they curse it is always true...even GOD is not excused from a mother's wrath..:)

Mother's day does not necessarily have to be celebrated by their children...husbands can also look upon their wives as mothers as their wives are the one who stay and guide them when they are down or in need of love..:)

crazy
16th May 2006, 04:20 PM
thaai illaamal naan illai
thaane evanum pirapathillai

dev
16th May 2006, 10:32 PM
malsi & af,

Really touched to read your posts...:( I lost my periamma(mom's sis) last month... She was as close to me as my mom... all your posts reminds me of her... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thunderbird
17th May 2006, 03:32 AM
I just noticed this thread. Let me tell ya what I did on mother's day.

I went to my mother and said

"Daddy, happy mothers day"

Ghlli
17th May 2006, 03:45 AM
:lol:

dev
17th May 2006, 06:21 AM

:roll: :lol: :rotfl:

Hulkster
17th May 2006, 06:32 AM

Oru ammavai daddy nu solli insult pennirukaan...oru fellow ammava irunthukittu neenga sirrikalama?..:x

thinking of this only makes me wonder how simbu will address his father on fathers day..."thaadi, yappy fathers daay".

Priyankak
17th May 2006, 06:34 AM

Oru ammavai daddy nu solli insult pennirukaan...oru fellow ammava irunthukittu neenga sirrikalama?..:x

thinking of this only makes me wonder how simbu will address his father on fathers day... "thaadi, yappy fathers daay".
ur so funny...

dev
17th May 2006, 07:13 AM

thinking of this only makes me wonder how simbu will address his father on fathers day..."thaadi, yappy fathers daay".

:lol: ... Yaar sonna naan mummy-nu?...