PDA

View Full Version : Importance of Saree

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 07:42 PM
oh ho! aptiya? aptina, ponnunga kamcha paapeengala? why don't u look away? oh god! if the girl doesn't dress decently, that's no reason for u to lower ur morals and stare!

Fire,
I was posting something funny. But this comment of you turned me upside down.. Infact, a bit rude.. (to be precise)

------------------------------

For this, Let me Tell you

"PAARKIROEMNNU THERIUTHULLA, APURAM AEN SEE-THOROUGH ETC FITTINGS VACHI, KAAMIKUREENGA..

eVALAVO NALLA DRESS IRUKKAE.. Atha eLLam poda maateenga.. naanga mattum SUMMA IRUKKANUMAA"

i felt it was just funny the first time. but still felt like commenting. but i didn't think it was so funny when u insisted on it again!

i think i've already implied previously that i don't wear see-through blouse and i've said previously that if it's a translucent saree, i only wear it folded up such tt u can't see through! and i also mentioned that i won't have jannal etc. so i don't show anything!

but what i'm saying is that just becos a girl is wearing it indecently doesn't mean that it's ok for u to see. you have to have ur own principles as well! what do u mean by naanga mattum summa irukkanumaa? r u saying becos the girl is making a mistake u can make a mistake too?

great
14th April 2006, 07:44 PM
THEE, Are you a serious person!!!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 07:48 PM
i think i've already implied previously that i don't wear see-through blouse and i've said previously that if it's a translucent saree, i only wear it folded up such tt u can't see through! and i also mentioned that i won't have jannal etc. so i don't show anything!

I never said that I will see you.. :D I said that boys tend to see those girls who wear such outfits which reveal their body. I never pin-pointed that at you. How can I know about you? I said that one in the general sense

but what i'm saying is that just becos a girl is wearing it indecently doesn't mean that it's ok for u to see. you have to have ur own principles as well! what do u mean by naanga mattum summa irukkanumaa? r u saying becos the girl is making a mistake u can make a mistake too?

This is altogether a different thing. Even in Law, "THOSE WHO PROVOKE OTHERS TO COMMIT SIN MUST BE PUNISHED THAN THE ONE WHO IS DOING IT"

You are viewing it from a different angle.. From the branches. I am looking at the ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. If the root is correct, No one will bother about the branches. If the root is not correct, Noone can stop others to care about the branches.

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 07:50 PM
THEE, Are you a serious person!!!

i didn't think so at first! but i think i am, actually!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 07:51 PM

I never said that I will see you.. :D I said that boys tend to see those girls who wear such outfits which reveal their body. I never pin-pointed that at you. How can I know about you? I said that one in the general sense

This is altogether a different thing. Even in Law, "THOSE WHO PROVOKE OTHERS TO COMMIT SIN MUST BE PUNISHED THAN THE ONE WHO IS DOING IT"

You are viewing it from a different angle.. From the branches. I am looking at the ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. If the root is correct, No one will bother about the branches. If the root is not correct, Noone can stop others to care about the branches.

ok ok. but forget abt the other branches. u can avoid making that mistake right?

crazy
14th April 2006, 07:52 PM
fire
i think girls have to be sensible more than that a guy does.(iam not backing up selva). i feel that girls should be aware of what they r wearing(saying too)
unless a girl wear decently, can't she expect(neither i) a guy to avoid looking at her!

obviously just b'coz a girl makes a mistake it doesnt mean that a guy has to do, but we cant blame them either!(don't u think so)

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 07:56 PM
fire
i think girls have to be sensible more than that a guy does.(iam not backing up selva). i feel that girls should be aware of what they r wearing(saying too)
unless a girl wear decently, can't she expect(neither i) a guy to avoid looking at her!

obviously just b'coz a girl makes a mistake it doesnt mean that a guy has to do, but we cant blame them either!(don't u think so)

yeah, i agree with you. but the guys are not totally without blame as well!

but of course, the worst is guys who make girls feel like they are not wearing enuf even when they are!

crazy
14th April 2006, 07:59 PM
fire

yeah, i agree with you. but the guys are not totally without blame as well!

but of course, the worst is guys who make girls feel like they are not wearing enuf even when they are!

u r right!
but i have never seen such guys, lucky me!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 07:59 PM
Fire,

YOu are asking me this question.

Definitly, I will not look at my sisters in that angle.

But I am not a BUDDHA / Vivekanada - to be away from women.

I am an ordinary human being.

I will never stop SIGHTIFYING GIRLS..

But it should not embarass them.. I will stay within my limits.. :D

HOpe u got it! :D

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 08:02 PM

Fire,
If a girl is like a KUTHUVILAAKKU, every man will look at her with utmost respect

If they are like KUDA MILAGAAI, You can see some idiotic stuffs from some goons too. :D

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 08:03 PM
i think saree was invented once upon a time. then people's life was so slow...they usually had so much time in dressing up.
these days world is running so fast..we can wear a jeans , t-shirt and shoe in 3 mins.
but for saree it's impossible... :roll:
Really? My mum can wear a Saree within the same time as u'd mentioned....no kidding! :)
So I guess, like it or not, the secret lies in practice (atleast in case of Saree)......& from today's girls' POV, y bother practising this wen we hav other options available? So, yea.... :lol:

oh..you expect us to wear like pattis... :o
low hip is very important to look pretty.
blouse should be with low neck and tight.
Now this is insulting again! :x Y do u say tat wearing a Saree decently w/out showing nething makes u look like a paati??!
This nonsense is being fed into our minds by the current media & fashion gurus who r brainwashing girls to look showy! :evil:
And sorry but IMHO it also sounds degrading towards women to say tat they can look pretty only by low hip & low neck! :x
I thot its supposed to be the FACE/EYES tat give the image of pretty, rather than wats BELOW these? :roll:
And btw, I thot u said u hated Saree bcos it looks awkward while sitting & the blouses "hav to" be tight.......so now how come u say low hip & tight blouse r "very important"? did I read wrong? :roll: :lol2:

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 08:11 PM
selva i do remeber i asked my teacher why she(grown females) wear blouse so transparent
all i got was yell and anger, not the answer! :cry:
i dont get why they wear like that, i feel its quite uncomfortable!
:shock: Crazy, tats crazy! :lol:
U shudnt hav asked her sumthin like tat, even if u wer a girl......I mean u cudnt hav been tat close to her to ask tat qsn. for one thing....! Sheesh! :oops:
Well, I think they wear blouses like tat not bcos they want to but bcos the quality of the cloth (esp. cotton) is like tat....silk blouses wudnt be transparent......even the colours seem to fade away fast in case of cotton blouses.....!
Neways, more than transparent blouses, I dont feel right abt teachers wearing low-neck blouses! 'cos most of the time they show their backs to the class wen writing on the board etc....
So it wudnt look appropriate for such an environment, tends to give wrong signals to the boy students too! :x
'wonder y they dont realise tat but otoh, they ban girl students in colleges from wearing even shirts w/ collars (as in Anna Univ.), so itd seem unfair to allow the staff to wear low-necks/hips.....!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 08:12 PM
People Like NAYANTARA look stunning in Sarees. :D

when ll our girls learn from her ! :cry: :roll:

crazy
14th April 2006, 08:16 PM
selva i do remeber i asked my teacher why she(grown females) wear blouse so transparent
U shudnt hav asked her sumthin like tat, even if u wer a girl......I mean u cudnt hav been tat close to her to ask tat qsn. for one thing....! Sheesh! :oops:
Well, I think they wear blouses like tat not bcos they want to but bcos the quality of the cloth (esp. cotton) is like tat....silk blouses wudnt be transparent......even the colours seem to fade away fast in case of cotton blouses.....!

what shall i do, i even ordered my grandma strictly that she must not wear blouse with transparent stuffs, but she refused!

crazy
14th April 2006, 08:17 PM

what is there to learn from here? :roll:

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 08:19 PM

Learning - How to look stylish in sarees :D

Fire111999

Fire,
If a girl is like a KUTHUVILAAKKU, every man will look at her with utmost respect

If they are like KUDA MILAGAAI, You can see some idiotic stuffs from some goons too. :D

what is that?

Lambretta

I share the curiosity...! :roll:

Neways, gtgo out now......brb!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 08:21 PM
Fire,

KUDA MILAAGAI - too much exposure :oops:

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 08:21 PM

u've got to be kidding!?! sleeveless blouse, low hip, etc, etc!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 08:24 PM

what shall i do, i even ordered my grandma strictly that she must not wear blouse with transparent stuffs, but she refused!

yeah, crazy. as anna says, standard blouse material is like that. my mum tries to buy the thickest she can get. but even that is a bit translucent. but it's not too bad.

crazy
14th April 2006, 08:24 PM

Learning - How to look stylish in sarees :D

what do u mean, that i have to gain some kilo's??????????????????? and become fat?

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 08:26 PM
Fire,

KUDA MILAAGAI - too much exposure :oops:

oh.

but how is that relevant to the guys who make a girl feel like she is not wearing enuf even when she is because of the looks they give?

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 08:47 PM

wow.. Atlast, YOu got what I meant there ! :D

o.k discuss on sarees rather than NAYANTARA :lol:

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 08:47 PM
Fire,

But it should not embarass them.. I will stay within my limits.. :D

ok ok. i didn't say that u were that sort of person, either. anyways, i'm off to make kesari. brb!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 09:27 PM

wow.. Atlast, YOu got what I meant there ! :D

o.k discuss on sarees rather than NAYANTARA :lol:

good one. :D

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 10:49 PM
I think Saree is a symbol of TAMIL WOMEN.. NOt only TAMILS, MALAYALIS are awesome in Sarees. (MANGALAKARAM)
Hey, its a symbol for Telugu & Kannada women too.....:P

I would prefer a KERALA TYPE OF SAREE FOR ANY GIRL TO LOOK PERFECT and like a MAHA-LAKSHMI.
:D
Ker. type? Athu eppidi irukum....? U mean like its draped around the body jus below the shoulders....? :?

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 10:52 PM
ok..guys..there is a girl she looks like maha-lakshmi
there is other girl she looks like illeana in modern dress..
who would you guys choose? :roll:
I chooseth the first maiden! :wink: :D
For I chooseth not for sight but for soul....:D

And btw, plse. stop calling western dresses as "modern"......:banghead:
Pant/shirt/mini/midi potunda matrum yaarume modern agamatanguh! :oops: :(

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 10:59 PM
freedom doesnt necesserily means that u have to dress so "transparent" freedom doesnt depands on what men let u wear, but how that treat u!
Egg Zak Lee! :thumbsup: :D

goodsense
14th April 2006, 11:02 PM
The more I buy better quality sarees and accumulate a wider selection, the more I feel I can' go back to wearing the ones I had from before of lesser quality, less nicer ..Yet, I don't want to part with them. Give them away? But when you give some thing to someone, you want to give them something good, I mean something nice and of good quality.

As my draweres and wardrobe get more packed, I will have to decide, may be to throw them out. Don't know how I will feel then. I don't have this problem with other types of clothing, I can easily give them away or throw them out. Sarees are so special whether old or new or of a lower quality and there is nothing ugly in any of them, unlike the feeling of some other types of clothing old, not so old or still in good condition. I can more lend a saree. Can anyone explain why, such attitudes just to clarify my thoughts?

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:04 PM
1.saree ladies do more make up than jeans ladies...mr.bingle
Huh?! Nah, not all of them.....! Its mostly like the high class women.....

2.we can hide navel area with thavani..mr.bingle.
Um...btw, forgot to tell u- tats actually called munthani, not thavani....:)

3.low neck will end at the correct border. it won't go too low...
thavani will hide that too..mr.bin :evil:
How? :? Unless u wear the munthani draped over both ur shoulders......but young gals wont like tat! :wink: :)

4.what's wrong with see through blouse..? :shock:
Ithhe padichi naan :shock: aiten!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:15 PM
Sarees are so special whether old or new and there is nothing ugly in any even when they are old or of a lower quality, unlike the feeling of other types of clothing old, not do old o still in good condition. I can more lend a saree. Can anyone explain why, just to clarify my thoughts?
Well said GS, altho I didnt get tat one sentence.....?

Even I cant explain y its so......altho my mother never had ne attachments towards old Sarees, except her wedding one & a '60s one made of 'nylex' (a synthetic material back then)......soon as a Saree got old/begin wearing out, she'd give it away to a maid servant or tear it up & use it as a mop rag (esp. if it wer an ordinary one)....! :(
Still, I had more attachments over her Sarees than she did & wud be ready to fight against giving it away to neone! :lol:

goodsense
14th April 2006, 11:19 PM
I edited that post about the same time you were responding.

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:20 PM
Jus replying at random to all the posts I missed....!

i think you can show more when you wear saree than other dresses..
Ha ha......BOOOOO!! :poke:
Sagikile! :twisted:

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:21 PM
I edited that post about the same time you were responding.
Ok gotcha! :)

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:22 PM
The more I buy better quality sarees and accumulate a wider selection, the more I feel I can' go back to wearing the ones I had from before of lesser quality, less nicer ..Yet, I don't want to part with them. Give them away? But when you give some thing to someone, you want to give them something good, I mean something nice and of good quality.

As my draweres and wardrobe get more packed, I will have to decide, may be to throw them out. Don't know how I will feel then. I don't have this problem with other types of clothing, I can easily give them away or throw them out. Sarees are so special whether old or new or of a lower quality and there is nothing ugly in any of them, unlike the feeling of some other types of clothing old, not so old or still in good condition. I can more lend a saree. Can anyone explain why, such attitudes just to clarify my thoughts?

i'm sorry. don't totally understand u. can sense tt it's sth positive abt sarees.

digr: i wish to apologise once again for my harsh reply in the is india a rich country thread. my eyes were really tired then and i thought it was elavar again. elavar had been diverting the topic and saying all sorts of negative stuff which was making me extremely irritated. but i'm sorry i mistook ur post for his and lashed out at you! do go back and read my earlier posts. thanks.

Shakthiprabha.
14th April 2006, 11:24 PM
Looks like ppl spoke EVERY THING possible, with the excuse of saree talks?

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:25 PM
I accept that Jeans can be worn in a short span of time !
When spending hours together in the Facials make sense
When spending hours together in the hair coloring make sense
When spending hours together in the shaping nails make sense

why not spending few extra minutes on saree make sense :-)
Now THIS truly makes sense! :thumbsup: :clap: :D

goodsense
14th April 2006, 11:26 PM
I don't agree Rachel, it depends on how you wear your saree. I only know of one way - I mean I don't change the way I wear sareess. I like my blouse to drop below the navel and my sleeves to be close to my elbow and my neckline to cover cleavage or should I saw just a few inches away from my neck. I am more conservative in sarees than anything else (and in professional dressing of course). Don't know why. The lady who made my last two blouses make the sleeves a bit too short, despite my request and said that is the style. What can I do, I can't condemn wearing it, since its the same material and pattern as the saree and anyting else on a saree like that, except for a black (black goes with anything and it also depends on the type of black material used) top, would look odd.

Shakthiprabha.
14th April 2006, 11:28 PM
I accept that Jeans can be worn in a short span of time !
When spending hours together in the Facials make sense
When spending hours together in the hair coloring make sense
When spending hours together in the shaping nails make sense

why not spending few extra minutes on saree make sense :-)
Now THIS truly makes sense! :thumbsup: :clap: :D

After doing facial u feel revivied (u dont sweat)
after doign hair colouring u feel great (u dont sweat)
after shaping nails, u feel cute (u dont sweat)

after... saree........... ( u sweat, sweat, and sweatt :P )

May be if i go to NEWZEALAND, i would love wearing sarees :rotfl:

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:28 PM
and i would have a much lower neckline (at the back) for my saree blouse than in any of my western tops. but that's cos that's accepted! not sexy.
Hmm......well lower necklines may be acceptable in *certain* atmospheres/situations.....but they def. r worth being a no-no for formal/professional atmospheres......esp. if ur a teacher, as I'd explained earleir......they may blend in w/ a party or function etc....:)

goodsense
14th April 2006, 11:30 PM
Lamby and Fire, What I am asking is - why people would prefer to keep old sarees, highly likely not to be worn again, as souvenirs, rather than to trow them or or give them away, but don't have that trouble with other types of clothing?

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:32 PM
and i would have a much lower neckline (at the back) for my saree blouse than in any of my western tops. but that's cos that's accepted! not sexy.
Hmm......well lower necklines may be acceptable in *certain* atmospheres/situations.....but they def. r worth being a no-no for formal/professional atmospheres......esp. if ur a teacher, as I'd explained earleir......they may blend in w/ a party or function etc....:)

no no. i am not talking abt extremely low neckline. just much lower than western attire have at the back. but then, with western attire, the back neckline is all the way up usually. that's what i'm comparing with.

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:34 PM
After doing facial u feel revivied (u dont sweat)
after doign hair colouring u feel great (u dont sweat)
after shaping nails, u feel cute (u dont sweat)
after... saree........... ( u sweat, sweat, and sweatt :P )
Ille SP, u didnt get it.....his post was reply to rachel's comment tat Saree takes a long time to wear & is not suited to today's FAST life......so wat he means is tat wen u dont mind spending even longer time (& even money) in beauty parlours to get a makeover/hair done etc. depsite today's fast life, wats ther to complain in taking time to wear a Saree?
And I still cudnt agree abt being sweaty in Sarees.....except if u mean pattu/silk ones, in wich case I DO agree! :)
Maybe wen u wear Saree for the 1st time or once in a blue moon, u tend to make more effort thruout so u end up sweating...? :lol2: :huh:

May be if i go to NEWZEALAND, i would love wearing sarees :rotfl:
Y?? :? Do sheep (plenty in NZ!) like Sarees?! :lol:

goodsense
14th April 2006, 11:38 PM
SP,

I know what you mean, I have had BINDIs falling off or placed in a different position from where I placed it due to sweating (not before you leave home, but on the way and sweating and peopel noticing the akward look, but you don't know until someone tells you. A male may not want to say and at the same time a female have other reasons for not telling you, you know what I mean. An old person or a relative might take the time to tell you). It can be very embarassing :oops: The other thing is if you don't do the face dressing first before tying the saree, its hard to do after.

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:39 PM
Lamby and Fire, What I am asking is - why people would prefer to keep old sarees, highly likely not to be worn again, as souvenirs, rather than to trow them or or give them away, but don't have that trouble with other types of clothing?

oh, i c. cos of the memories attached to the sarees, i guess. other types of clothing are just like standard wear. u don't really notice them when u're wearing them. but even if i were to wear a saree everyday, i think i would feel like noticing what i'm wearing myself. so i'd have more fond memories abt the sarees rather than some other type of clothing. that'd probably make me less reluctant to throw them away or give them away.

but i'm just hypothesising actually. cos i only have 2 sarees. i have only worn sarees twice in my life. not got to the stage of throwing sarees away!

Shakthiprabha.
14th April 2006, 11:39 PM
lambretta,

yeah sheeps would prefer sarees cause, they wont get killed to make wool u see :wink:

hey i even talk bout chiffon and other material. Its not the texture or material or even climate.

its the blouse....... tight body hugging blouse :evil:
:(

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:41 PM
SP, wear cotton sarees!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:41 PM
Hmm....well, I also dont like to get rid of the last of my dad's 70s shirts...but tats bcos I like shirts of tat style.....apart from the fact ta they r my father's!
Well, maybe ther is a certain sumthing seen in Sarees tat u wudnt find in other clothes? Like, I reckon, for eg. a shirt or pant tat gets faded wen worn immed. gets noticed for its ageing! Or if u've got a '70s shirt or pants then u'd immed. decline from wearing it once they got out of fashion.....so u dont feel like having them around nemore......
But w/ Sarees tat cant be the case, cos even if its faded, its still wearable (unless it has tears).....& it cud be well disguised even if its like, 30 yrs old cos ther isnt ne major visible difference in it, unlike fashion bound clothes.....so u'd seldom feel like its outdated or no longer worth wearing......to be honest, if I didnt take so much interest in shopping, I prob. cudnt tell whether my mom showed me a Saree she bought in 1969 or a more recent one! :lol2:

goodsense
14th April 2006, 11:48 PM
SP, when you are in a cold country, you have the snow to worry about. It doesn't go well with frequent saree wearing.

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:48 PM
its the blouse....... tight body hugging blouse :evil::(
'dont hear the same abt Tees & jeans.....tight body hugging Tees & jeans :evil: :(

Hey, jus get a loose blouse made.....u cud get one stitched to ur requirements instead of readymade (wich I wudnt recommend neways!)....maybe w/ puffy sleeves too (One of our instructors during my Ins. training wore a cotton Saree w/ such a blouse...:)) so they'd feel less suffocating.....! :)
Initially such blouses wer the 'standard' ones w/ Sarees......only later did they become skin tight!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:50 PM
Hmm....well, I also dont like to get rid of the last of my dad's 70s shirts...but tats bcos I like shirts of tat style.....apart from the fact ta they r my father's!
Well, maybe ther is a certain sumthing seen in Sarees tat u wudnt find in other clothes? Like, I reckon, for eg. a shirt or pant tat gets faded wen worn immed. gets noticed for its ageing! Or if u've got a '70s shirt or pants then u'd immed. decline from wearing it once they got out of fashion.....so u dont feel like having them around nemore......
But w/ Sarees tat cant be the case, cos even if its faded, its still wearable (unless it has tears).....& it cud be well disguised even if its like, 30 yrs old cos ther isnt ne major visible difference in it, unlike fashion bound clothes.....so u'd seldom feel like its outdated or no longer worth wearing......to be honest, if I didnt take so much interest in shopping, I prob. cudnt tell whether my mom showed me a Saree she bought in 1969 or a more recent one! :lol2:

:D that's true for some sarees. they are everlasting fashions.

but i feel that if u buy a fancy saree u can only wear it within the next few months, after which it'll go out of fasion. it is quite a waste of money, but u can't help buying it cos it looks so nice. i bought my cousin sis a fancy saree for abt Rs2000 last july when i was in india and she only wore it once last year. and now it's out of fashion, so she can't wear it anymore! she's got other ones now. fashion changes extremely fast!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:50 PM
SP, when you are in a cold country, you have the snow to worry about. It doesn't go well with frequent saree wearing.
Nope, def. not! No way....'think its a good thing I dont live in such a country (never want to in my life!).....else who knows I'd hav been compelled to spend ages in jeans! :evil: :x

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:52 PM

and the wind!!!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 11:54 PM
but i feel that if u buy a fancy saree u can only wear it within the next few months, after which it'll go out of fasion.
Not really......if u've seen films of the '70s, u'll notice fancy synthetic Sarees (cheaper ones) had large flower patterns or polka odt patterns all over them.......such Sarees r still common even today! :)
'still cant believe tat Rs. 2000 price tag tho.....! :roll: :?

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:54 PM
its the blouse....... tight body hugging blouse :evil::(
'dont hear the same abt Tees & jeans.....tight body hugging Tees & jeans :evil: :(

Hey, jus get a loose blouse made.....u cud get one stitched to ur requirements instead of readymade (wich I wudnt recommend neways!)....maybe w/ puffy sleeves too (One of our instructors during my Ins. training wore a cotton Saree w/ such a blouse...:)) so they'd feel less suffocating.....! :)
Initially such blouses wer the 'standard' ones w/ Sarees......only later did they become skin tight!

is that so? but i thought it's still tight right at the end of the sleeve.

SP, just get the blouse stitched such that it is a bit looser than fitting. or else it'd be so uncomfortable!

goodsense
14th April 2006, 11:57 PM
If a woman spends most of her time at home, then I'll say yes, not a problem in a cold country. Actually, I am thinking of wearing them at home at all times :), but there are not always functional, depends on what you have to do. At home I spend most of my time in long indian dresses. They are very comfi.

Shakthiprabha.
14th April 2006, 11:59 PM
fire,

yeah cotton sarees are best..... but i am plump...
i would look like funny blown up clown . noway I can compromise and allow some dress to present me with such look :sad: :roll:

goodsense,

hmm........ true. In cold countries sarees cant be worn
humid countries it cant be worn too. What else can i saay :D

lambretta,

hmmmmmm loose blouse :roll: I have a personal friend who is also a boutique owner she would comment on my blouse if its not stiched tight, with strings, windows and what not. ELSE.........

"""you are OUTDATED. You better dont wear sarees......""""" thats what she says :roll: "

To be frank............... Ive always thought,

I would have loved sarees atleast lil more often, had i been of perfect structure :evil: :sad: :oops:

anyway....... no regrets :( :) :oops:

Some news for others to munch :roll:

I reccently heard from another friend she got a blouse for 1000 ruppees (indian bucks!) :shock: :shelllllllllshocked:

imagine........

those type of blouses had bells, mirror, thread and WHAT NOT........... :roll:

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 11:59 PM
but i feel that if u buy a fancy saree u can only wear it within the next few months, after which it'll go out of fasion.
Not really......if u've seen films of the '70s, u'll notice fancy synthetic Sarees (cheaper ones) had large flower patterns or polka odt patterns all over them.......such Sarees r still common even today! :)
'still cant believe tat Rs. 2000 price tag tho.....! :roll: :?

no anna! u're not talking abt the same synthetic ones i'm talking abt! you're talking abt those for everyday wear, and i don't think they're nice. cotton is the best for everyday wear.

what i'm talking abt is like party wear. but the one i got for my cousin sis is not really grand enuf for proper party wear. another one i got for my sis was more like proper party wear, but more ex as well, i think Rs.3200, if i'm not mistaken

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:05 AM
fire,

yeah cotton sarees are best..... but i am plump...
i would look like funny blown up clown . noway I can compromise and allow some dress to present me with such look :sad: :roll:

goodsense,

hmm........ true. In cold countries sarees cant be worn
humid countries it cant be worn too. What else can i saay :D

lambretta,

hmmmmmm loose blouse :roll: I have a personal friend who is also a boutique owner she would comment on my blouse if its not stiched tight, with strings, windows and what not. ELSE.........

"""you are OUTDATED. You better dont wear sarees......""""" thats what she says :roll: "

I would have loved sarees atleast lil more often, had i been of perfect structure :evil: :sad: :oops:

anyway....... no regrets :( :) :oops:

Some news for others to munch :roll:

I reccently heard from another friend she got a blouse for 1000 ruppees (indian bucks!) :shock: :shelllllllllshocked:

imagine........

u could try kanchi printed silk then (i think that's what they are called). they are lighter and not so stuffy as other materials.

u shouldn't listen to your friend. i don't think it's nice to have jannal, strings etc.

and u don't need a perfect structure to wear saree. any lady will look beautiful in sarees!

and OMG, Rs 1000 for a blouse!!!

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2006, 12:09 AM
yeah fire so much work in it :roll:

it looks grand. Wedding or occasion blouse i suppose :roll:

fire,

I receive lot of compliments when draped in sarees too. :oops: Inspite of it, i am reluctant. Guess i have complex :( :D

good suggestion. Kanchi printed silk......... would remember this :) thanks.

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:11 AM
oh come on SP. don't feel so hesitant to wear a saree and look like an angel!

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:14 AM
I have a personal friend who is also a boutique owner she would comment on my blouse if its not stiched tight, with strings, windows and what not. ELSE.........
:shock:
OUTDATED?? ITHU PUDIKATA??!!
AppadiyA??? :evil:
WT&%$#!!! :hammer:
Ohhh......... :x but.....I mean.......:banghead:
Chaaaah! :roll: :oops:

But SP surely u dont believe her.......didnt u say, ur comfort matters more than wat others think as attractive......? :(

I assure u again, u dont need to be for Sarees (except maybe for the blouse bit)......look at Sarita (Tamarai) in Selvi TV serial....:wink: :lol:

imagine........
:roll: :huh:

goodsense
15th April 2006, 12:14 AM
Last summer I was in a special saree going to a celebration, but by train unfortunately. One white man started speaking to me. He said the saree is so colourful and that he knew its a special saree and wanted to where I was off to. Usually, people don't speak in trains here in Toronto, unless you know the person.

The celebration took place in the backyard of the host - almost like a backyard summer party. I was the only one dresed in saree and was referred to by the other guest and 'Indira Ghandi". Don't know why. They also said they would treat me like the queen for that evening. I guess the reason being I couldn't move around as they were and I had to have things handed to me - food etc. instead of going and get it :P

I can't believe so many of us have interest in sarees and so much to say about them :D

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2006, 12:15 AM
:oops:

vitrunga. change topic :P. Its embarassing.

I guess, u guys are tempting me. May be this time in my mom's place I would wear saree for 1 or 2 days without she askin for it :D

Ppl who live abroad,

do u guys(gals) wear trendy heavy worked sarees for party wear abroad or do u tend to like traditional pattu sarees?

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:19 AM
cotton is the best for everyday wear.
U still insist huh?! :lol2:
Seri.....to each their own......peace! :smile2:
Still dint get wich synthetic fancy one u meant tho......is it like gerogette?? :?

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:22 AM
is that so? but i thought it's still tight right at the end of the sleeve.
Um.....it does narrow down at the end but I dont think its as tight as a normal blouse at the end of the sleeve......:?

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2006, 12:22 AM
But SP surely u dont believe her.......didnt u say, ur comfort matters more than wat others think as attractive......? :(

true lambretta. LEts c.

Actually, I rarely wear sarees, so when I wear it, If someone says......... "this blouse is outdated"....... etc...... "this fashion is not in vogue" etc..... I kinda feel so embarassed. (rather hurting at times :roll: )

I assure u again, u dont need to be for Sarees (except maybe for the blouse bit)......look at Sarita (Tamarai) in Selvi TV serial....:wink: :lol:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa I am not like her :evil: :hammer: Dont drag ur imagination thaaat big :evil: :shock:

anyway,

This time when i go to chennai, I plan to wear saree for 2 days and surprise my mom :)

thanks to all of u :D

okei....... lets leave SP........RATHER spare SP :D :lol:

AND carry on with SAREES discussoin alone :P

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:25 AM

vitrunga. change topic :P. Its embarassing.

I guess, u guys are tempting me. May be this time in my mom's place I would wear saree for 1 or 2 days without she askin for it :D

Ppl who live abroad,

do u guys(gals) wear trendy heavy worked sarees for party wear abroad or do u tend to like traditional pattu sarees?

ok. from my huge experience (of having worn sarees twice in my entire life) (once was just cotton saree at home on my 19th b day. the other time was at a ball at my college here cos the ball had an indian theme and i wore a chiffon saree), the ans to your question would have to be trendy but not so heavy worked saree. but i think for a proper indian party i might wear a pattu saree. but don't have one yet.

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:29 AM
cotton is the best for everyday wear.
U still insist huh?! :lol2:
Seri.....to each their own......peace! :smile2:
Still dint get wich synthetic fancy one u meant tho......is it like gerogette?? :?

yeah, georgette, chiffon, etc. the one i got my sis was georgette. but the one i got my cousin sis was some new silk cotton thing. i was trying to get the name of that saree in this thread a few days ago. it's speciality is some type of new jari work which is colourful shiny thread and not just the standard copper or gold jari. and of course, more modern designs for the jari work.

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2006, 12:31 AM
kundan work?

zardosi?

chiffon is the in thing now.

I think trend of 70z is repeating now.

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:32 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa I am not like her :evil: :hammer: Dont drag ur imagination thaaat big :evil: :shock:
Aiyyooo! Chah! Naan Enna appidi-nu sonnena??! :banghead: :roll:
Neenga fulla misunderstand pannenga! :oops: :x
Wat I ment was u neednt be perfect in physique to wear a Saree......if sumone of HER dimensions cud hav no inhibitions to wear them y shud u hav ne such complex? :)

This time when i go to chennai, I plan to wear saree for 2 days and surprise my mom :)
Um......'hope u dont get me wrong again...but IMO wats most imp. is tat ur wear it bcos u like it/r int'd in it, not jus to surprise or make sumone happy......:)

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:36 AM
but the one i got my cousin sis was some new silk cotton thing. i was trying to get the name of that saree in this thread a few days ago. it's speciality is some type of new jari work which is colourful shiny thread and not just the standard copper or gold jari. and of course, more modern designs for the jari work.
Um.....not 100% sure but from ur descrip. I'm guessing u refer to crepe silk? :?
Those r the ones I got for my mum.......:)

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2006, 12:36 AM
hey lambretta :D

its okei. I did not mistake u :P

k its time for me to hit the bed.

and yeah....... i would wear saree sometime soon. u guys really tempted me, with all those saree saree talks :D

:wave:

bye fire and goodsense :wave:

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:38 AM
Bye SP & others.......g'nite! :wave:
Time for me for shut-eye too....:)

Fire111999
kundan work?

zardosi?

chiffon is the in thing now.

I think trend of 70z is repeating now.

annakku nalla dose kodutheenga SP!

anyways, i don't know what kundan work means. but it's not zardosi work. it's only zari work. but the zari is not just golden or copper thread. it's like red, blue, green, etc etc thread, but shiny!

yup, i love chiffon! it's so light and flowy and easy to manage. but it's translucent. so i have to fold it up when i wear it. not that i mind, cos i like folded up way of wearing sarees better than letting it loose.

game
Ladies look like an angel in saree :)

No comments on how they'd look in other dress :(

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:40 AM
but the one i got my cousin sis was some new silk cotton thing. i was trying to get the name of that saree in this thread a few days ago. it's speciality is some type of new jari work which is colourful shiny thread and not just the standard copper or gold jari. and of course, more modern designs for the jari work.
Um.....not 100% sure but from ur descrip. I'm guessing u refer to crepe silk? :?
Those r the ones I got for my mum.......:)

no. the material is silk cotton. but it's the colourful zari work that's special. i'll ask my cousin sis. she'll remember the name!

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:40 AM
bye SP! bye anna!

goodsense
15th April 2006, 12:42 AM
:lol: :lol: SP, "All those saree, saree talks". I am convinced
you are now tempted :D

Time for your bed and time for me to have a late lunch. It's good Friday, don't feel like doing anything serious, just free spirited. :wave:

Fire111999
Ladies look like an angel in saree :)

No comments on how they'd look in other dress :(

totally agree with u there!

and abt other dresses, well, we're only talking abt sarees here, so that's not a problem!

Lambretta
OK....easy now.....I wont jump to conclusions & "fire" up again.....but I assume ur jus joking here...yea? :)

i like folded up way of wearing sarees better than letting it loose.
Really? Well, yea it may be better to manage wen folded up but I like them like, midway......not too folded up, not too spread out, like upto the elbow is fine.....:)

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:44 AM
OK....easy now.....I wont jump to conclusions & "fire" up again.....but I assume ur jus joking here...yea? :)

yup, just joking. i don't even know who u're refering to! :D

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:45 AM
no. the material is silk cotton. but it's the colourful zari work that's special. i'll ask my cousin sis. she'll remember the name!
Ok, sure.....

Signing off now! Cyall tomorrow then! :wave:

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:46 AM
bye anna!

Lambretta
15th April 2006, 12:51 AM
bye anna!
Jus signed back in on seeing ur post...bye 'thee! :wave: :D

goodsense
15th April 2006, 01:26 AM
I missed one thing considered important in family in wearing sarees. We have this custom - once a saree is worn say to the wedding of a close relative, a brother or sister for that matter, that saree can't be worn outside of family occassions and the occsassion(s) must be similar. Most females in my family tree love a saree and I have some aunts very particular with these values and belief and with wearing sarees.

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 01:36 AM
oh, i never knew that. do u mean in ur family? or is this for all indian families?

goodsense
15th April 2006, 01:43 AM
Fire I only know that in my family. Don't know where they got it from. Also, such sarees are kept forever. When the owner dies, it is passed on to the children to be kept as memory. Sometimes there are arguments as to who should get to keep it. It is usual that the eldest daughter gets it.

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 02:00 AM
oh, ok. no wonder i was thinking there doesn't seem to be anything like that in my family.

ajithfederer
15th April 2006, 09:08 AM
saree naa enna :oops:

marandu pochey
:cry:

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 12:54 PM
saree naa enna :oops:

marandu pochey
:cry:

enna kindala?

digr: puthandu vazhthukkal! thanks for that cute greetings post!

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 10:14 PM
realised that though i have been claiming to have worn sarees only twice, there was one other time abt 3 yrs ago.

at a school concert when i was playing in the indian orchestra. i didn't know how to tie a saree, so someone else tied it for me. it was such a horrible material. i don't know why they chose that. and the colour! imagine all the girls in a horrible bright blue colour!

i didn't know how to handle my saree and my veenai when climbing up the stairs to the stage! it was such a horrible experience! the only thing positive abt it was that the blouse was really well stitched so at least that wasn't uncomfortable.

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2006, 11:00 PM
When I wore saree for the first time during college farewell (well ive worn during 10th and 12th farewell too....... and other occasions too)

but I travelled alone in bus during college farewell. I had difficulty in climbing up and down the bus. In 15 mins or so, my saree came off the whole pleats and stuff :oops: :cry:

I kinda held it close....... and somehow managed to reach the campus. My friend tied it for me again :roll: :oops:

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 11:27 PM
oh no! at least mine didn't come off!

Shakthiprabha.
15th April 2006, 11:36 PM
fire

:rotfl: :rotfl:

it did not come off very badly. The pleats at the hips came off :oops:

So I held it with my hands and walked...........felt very weird :D

Fire111999
15th April 2006, 11:52 PM
yeah, i know what u mean. but that's quite awkward itself!

phil
16th April 2006, 07:54 AM
I think all indian ladies are proud to wear them. I am a guy but i like cotton sarees or cotton mixed with silk sarees with nice colours.
No nylon, polyester sarees huh
Sarees date back to 5000 years old it seems. That is 3000 years before Christ? hmm, thats sounds like a true ethnic costume.
Hey do you know what saree's origin can be related to the Greek togas or may be togas got the idea from saree, who knows :!:

Women are more sexy in sarees compared to in Tshirt or some modern dress. Atleast in my work place sexy girls who wear modern dress no longer appear to be sexy even in their tightest outfits. Saree are aWWEEsome 8-)

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 09:23 AM
Although women should not be judged by beauty....i cant help but state my opinion that more than a miniskirt...opened up blouses...india girls wearing sarees make them look extremely gorgeous. Sometimes the saree can even make a girl with a mischievous character look very innocent. I prefer any sort of saree as in the traditional ones....not the new modernised methods of open there open here....looks to me like asking for sex. Thats just my opinion.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 11:28 AM
Women are more sexy in sarees compared to in Tshirt or some modern dress. Atleast in my work place sexy girls who wear modern dress no longer appear to be sexy even in their tightest outfits. Saree are aWWEEsome 8-)
Phil,
On one hand u praise the Saree for its ethnicity & being a part of India b4 christ etc. & otoh u hail it as a 'sexy' dress......!
As for saying tat women in Sarees r SEXY, let me ask u frankly: does ur opinion include ur own mother as well (if she wears Sarees)? Afterall, she also is a woman, rite?!
So dont u think its degrading to other women if u generalise them as 'sexy' wen they wear Saree as a symbol of culture/tradition &/or even mostly regard it as sacred (like wen wearing to temples/in festivals etc.)?!
Jus bcos the 'sexy' girls in ur office (who r apparently swayed by false ideas of 'liberty' & 'modernism') may be desperate to get attention to themselves by wearing nething & everything in a way tat projects them so, u cant go around generalising ALL women in Sarees as so! Try to broaden ur views a bit, instead of looking at jus one category of women!
For godsake lets plse. STOP this defaming of Sarees/women who wear them by this cheap talk! :evil:
Dont u guys realise, by branding Saree as such, u create a -VE impression in the minds of even many girls/women who r interested to wear them! U give them the feeling tat they wont get ne respect from men even if they wear Sarees!
Its not as if these ******* movies/fashion trends/ads/media r not doing enuff damage to pollute the minds of men already!

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 11:34 AM
Sometimes the saree can even make a girl with a mischievous character look very innocent.
Yea, tats wat I've been told by sum ppl. too....! :oops: :(
But IMO even otherwise, if u look at it this way, a girl of 'mischievous' character can still pretend to look very innocent in behaviour/nature, regardless of wat dress she wears.....

I prefer any sort of saree as in the traditional ones....not the new modernised methods of open there open here....looks to me like asking for sex. Thats just my opinion.
Mine too!
Altho in trad. ones, I'm not tat fond of pattu or stiffer cottn Sarees....I like the synthetic ones (esp. crepe silk) better.... :)

rachel
16th April 2006, 12:19 PM

:shock: what? really....in your dreams mister...

rachel
16th April 2006, 12:26 PM
Fire,

But it should not embarass them.. I will stay within my limits..

:shock: :banghead:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 12:32 PM

yeah, that guy provoked me to kill him. so arrest the dead body. not me!

rachel
16th April 2006, 12:39 PM
1.saree ladies do more make up than jeans ladies...mr.bingle
Huh?! Nah, not all of them.....! Its mostly like the high class women.....

2.we can hide navel area with thavani..mr.bingle.
Um...btw, forgot to tell u- tats actually called munthani, not thavani....:)

3.low neck will end at the correct border. it won't go too low...
thavani will hide that too..mr.bin :evil:
How? :? Unless u wear the munthani draped over both ur shoulders......but young gals wont like tat! :wink: :)

4.what's wrong with see through blouse..? :shock:
Ithhe padichi naan :shock: aiten!

i enjoyed reading your replies to my posts...some of your posts are so funny... :lol: some of them made me angry...

villan007
16th April 2006, 12:42 PM

rachel
16th April 2006, 01:00 PM
When I wore saree for the first time during college farewell (well ive worn during 10th and 12th farewell too....... and other occasions too)

but I travelled alone in bus during college farewell. I had difficulty in climbing up and down the bus. In 15 mins or so, my saree came off the whole pleats and stuff :oops: :cry:

I kinda held it close....... and somehow managed to reach the campus. My friend tied it for me again :roll: :oops:

:rotfl:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:02 PM
i enjoyed reading your replies to my posts...some of your posts are so funny... :lol: some of them made me angry...
TY! Same 2u! :D

rachel
16th April 2006, 01:04 PM

yeah, that guy provoked me to kill him. so arrest the dead body. not me!

:rotfl:

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 01:08 PM
:D Lambretta unga kobam yenukku konjam purigirithu...to just see the saree as a wear to make women look sexy just shows how we rate women too. Yeah true about the behaviour too. I actually wanted to appreciate the people for designing saree in a way to make it look unique and fit indian women perfectly but after the comments made on how sexy women look in saree....i had to slightly alter my views.
whether sexy or not, lets hope we do not see women in sarees as "figuru" and view them as who they are.

crazy
16th April 2006, 01:21 PM
:
whether sexy or not, lets hope we do not see women in sarees as "figuru" and view them as who they are.

:roll:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:21 PM
:D Lambretta unga kobam yenukku konjam purigirithu...to just see the saree as a wear to make women look sexy just shows how we rate women too. Yeah true about the behaviour too. I actually wanted to appreciate the people for designing saree in a way to make it look unique and fit indian women perfectly but after the comments made on how sexy women look in saree....i had to slightly alter my views.
Hulkster,
I know it may not always benefit to lash out so frequently...but the thing is, on one hand we say tat women who dress traditionally r to be appreciated.....then otoh, wats the point if we dont respect them wen they do??
For sum reason, wenever I see/hear trad. dresses or Indian women (barring maybe celebs./models) being described as 'sexy' etc. my BLOOD BEGINS TO BOIL!! :evil:
OK cinemas/media etc. may not be in our hands but atleast we men can & shud correct our own behaviour.....
Look at it this way- wats the point in condemning women for wearing 2-piece or being half-clad/quarter-clad if ther is hardly ne change noticed in us even if they stick to Sarees etc.? :)

crazy
16th April 2006, 01:23 PM
Hulkster,
I know it may not always benefit to lash out so frequently...but the thing is, on one hand we say tat women who dress traditionally r to be appreciated.....then otoh, wats the point if we dont respect them wen they do??
For sum reason, wenever I see/hear trad. dresses or Indian women (barring maybe celebs./models) being described as 'sexy' etc. my BLOOD BEGINS TO BOIL!! :evil:
OK cinemas/media etc. may not be in our hands but atleast we men can & shud correct our own behaviour.....
Look at it this way- wats the point in condemning women for wearing 2-piece or being half-clad/quarter-clad if ther is hardly ne change noticed in us even if they stick to Sarees etc.? :)

wow good to know that there r men with sense and diginity! :)

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:27 PM
wow good to know that there r men with sense and diginity! :) [/b]
:lol:
Enna crazy, ippo varikum neenga appidi patta amblai-ye engiyum paakatha mathiri sollrenguh?! :D

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah respect is to be due where it is due....its a age old torment where men have never aprpeciated women for they are but rather of their appearance. First of all the sexual image of women has to be dropped and to be proven that no matter what they are....they have the same feelings as we men do. Dunt worry Lambretta, the best way is to put it in action and maybe through my marriage i can hopefully set an example of how to see your own wife as a women with feelings rather a sexual object.

rachel
16th April 2006, 01:28 PM
i wanted to write these..

1. each person has the right to wear saree as they want.
it depends on age, fashion and other things.

some people covers their body completely when they wear sarees..others don't...

2. i don't think guys have anything to say on this matter.because
they don't wear sarees.

3.if somebody reveals too much when wearing sarees, i don't think its anybody's business...if you want to stare, do it...nothing's going to happen to that girl..

if you feel a girl who reveals too much is bad character, that's your problem..

i don't know why guys try to correct girls as if that's their duty.

i think they should grow up...they should concentrate on keeping their family small rather advising women...

i think men are to blame for over population in india...

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:29 PM
maybe through my marriage i can hopefully set an example of how to see your own wife as a women with feelings rather a sexual object.
:thumbsup:

crazy
Enna crazy, ippo varikum neenga appidi patta amblai-ye engiyum paakatha mathiri sollrenguh?! :D

naan yaaraiyum appadi paathathu illa, including not my brothers!

Fire111999

oru compliment kodutha athukkum nakkala? :)

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 01:31 PM

oh my! really?

crazy
16th April 2006, 01:31 PM
maybe through my marriage i can hopefully set an example of how to see your own wife as a women with feelings rather a sexual object.
:thumbsup:

hulkster neenga oru periya althaan ponga, let us know when u getting married! :P

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:39 PM
1. each person has the right to wear saree as they want.
it depends on age, fashion and other things.
some people covers their body completely when they wear sarees..others don't...
2. i don't think guys have anything to say on this matter.because
they don't wear sarees.
No its not only guys but even girls/women (who DO wear Sarees) comment on this....many of my relatives (female) & mother's friends ask me y I like Sarees so much if I value decency in girls' appearance...they argue tat Saree is not a decent dress, it shows areas of the body wen worn etc......so y do I like it so much they ask....! :x
And if guys hav nething to say on this matter, they shud also not make wrong generalisations abt Sarees either, is wat I'm saying!

3.if somebody reveals too much when wearing sarees, i don't think its anybody's business...if you want to stare, do it...nothing's going to happen to that girl..
I'm certainly not the type who likes to stare at sumone wearing Sarees tat way.....if I wer, I wudnt be speakin against it here! :lol:

i don't know why guys try to correct girls as if that's their duty.
Nah, girls also correct guys in sum things! :wink: :P

i think they should grow up...they should concentrate on keeping their family small rather advising women...
i think men are to blame for over population in india...
Ippo population issue-ku intha topic-ku enna connection? :? :roll:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:41 PM
oru compliment kodutha athukkum nakkala? :)
Nakkal mathiri theriyrtha? :? :oops:

crazy
16th April 2006, 01:41 PM

oh my! really?

fire there is an interesting story about my brother.

oneday he went to cinema with his gf(she is tamil), and was waiting in the counter to get tickets, then comes two girls, one norwegian and another tamil girl. my brother looked at the tamil girl and thought she is from turkey(she looked so) and said to his gf "che look at her she is so ung(she was asking for school discounts or half price for school kids) and look at the way she is dressed!"
the tamil girl didnt say anything and when she entered the cinema hall she came to my brother and said "anna u should not speak that way!
my brother was shocked! he thought she was turkish, but she was tamil. and then he comes home and telling me and said that it was her fault. i got so mad and yelled that it was his fault.
i asked him who gave him the rights to talk in such manners and said if i was thought girl i would have spoke to him harshly!

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 01:45 PM
Rachel your anger depicts that of a woman who has never been appreciated by who she is by men.

Unga kobam yenukku nalla puriyethu but Rachel guys can say something abt saree as we all also view them. Without the views of those who surround us we cannot decide whether it is good to do this or that. Your words seem to be said in a hasty manner too....one thing good abt women is they know the meaning of dignity and honour alot and they will never try to degrade themselves (even prostitutes are forced into it, they never do it for fun)

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:50 PM
Unga kobam yenukku nalla puriyethu but Rachel guys can say something abt saree as we all also view them.
...even if we cant wear them! Yes, exactly! :)

Tho its wrong on guys' part to generalise, the view tat they give also depends on wat image they see of the girls/women......
40 yrs ago, Saree wasnt considered as a 'sexy' dress bcos it wasnt projected tat way by girls/women of ne section of the society.....atleast not as much as today!

Without the views of those who surround us we cannot decide whether it is good to do this or that.
Exactly......'cos we r all social animals.....we cant think of being independant in ALL ways......

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 01:54 PM
crazy, i don't know what to say! but my anna is not like that.

crazy
16th April 2006, 01:54 PM
(even prostitutes are forced into it, they never do it for fun)

oh good lord pls. dont say they r forced! do u think a live is worth living without dignity.
i remember i was around 14-15 and was telling my aunt that these prostitutes should be killed and so do the men who does going there!
they may have a 1000 of reasons for prostituting, but nothing is importance than ur dignity!

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:56 PM
*digr
Crazy, hulkster was giving a general eg.....its true tat not all of them r forced to do it, ie, many also do it for greed of money/temptation to perverse desires....
And yes, men who go to them also deserve to be punished!

/digr

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 01:57 PM
:notworthy:
Cho chweet of u! :D

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:12 PM
:notworthy:
Cho chweet of u! :D

ok ok. naan solliten. ana neenga than antha varthaiya kapathanum! :D

ok, can we go back to talking abt sarees? intha topic engeyo ellam poguthu!

crazy
16th April 2006, 02:15 PM
saree or not saree, karpa kaapadhikka etho udhutha seri! :cry:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 02:16 PM
Ok sure....:D
Btw, wat type of hairstyle do u reckon goes best w/ Sarees?
As for me, I'd always say long hair (atleast elbow length)......best if braided/plaited w/ flowers.....:D

Well even tying it w/ a clip wud be fine tho......but long hair suits Sarees best IMO! :thumbsup:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:17 PM
true, crazy. but a saree makes you feel so much more feminine! and i love that!

crazy
16th April 2006, 02:21 PM
As for me, I'd always say long hair (atleast elbow length)......best if braided/plaited w/ flowers.....:D

Well even tying it w/ a clip wud be fine tho......but long hair suits Sarees best IMO! :thumbsup:

:lol: :banghead:

yes fire i agree i have never wore saree(except for once) and never had the chance wearing! i love saree, b'coz its my heritage and propably b'coz my passion for saree is in my DNA!

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:22 PM

aiyoo! elbow length hair-a? till the elbows, u mean? atha epidi maintain panrathu?

if i pull at my hair it comes till my elbow. but once i let it go, it bounces back up. till the elbow is asking for too much!

but yeah, i think long hair is nicer! hairstyle, i'm not too sure. but i can't plait my hair cos it's layered.

rachel
16th April 2006, 02:26 PM

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:29 PM
digr: did any one of u send me a pm just now? i got an email saying that i got a new pm but there isn't any new ones in my inbox!

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 02:32 PM
Maybe im quite a ignorant supporter of woman but i do not certainly agree that prostitutes are to be killed. Everyone when they are born do not know bad or good and its only due to circumstances that we change. As for prostitutes i have done certain research where they are left to the lurch due to unforeseen circumstances and to make a living they choose prostitution. Usually if they know what job to do they will not do this...this is only done if they do not know anything.
Another form is child trafficking and its not that these women want to do prostitution. You must understand the pain of these young girls who wish to have a nice life, wish to meet a guy of their dream...do the work they desire destroyed by beasts who traffick them to satisfy their own pleasures...although there are cases of such perverse desires, it is only like two or three per thousand of woman prostitutes.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 02:33 PM
aiyoo! elbow length hair-a? till the elbows, u mean? atha epidi maintain panrathu?
Nijamava??! I still find many girls/women here who hav even longer (waist/hip length!) hair....even many who dont wear Sarees....:)
Ana intha kalathile ungal ellar kunthal kaga thaane shampoo/hair-oil/conditioner cos. ellam ivolo ads kuduthu promotion pannaranguh?! :lol:

if i pull at my hair it comes till my elbow. but once i let it go, it bounces back up. till the elbow is asking for too much!
Ohh....u hav wavy/bushy hair?? Same thing for me! :(

but yeah, i think long hair is nicer! hairstyle, i'm not too sure. but i can't plait my hair cos it's layered.
Layered-a? :? Hmm.....never heard of tat.....:huh:

rachel
16th April 2006, 02:34 PM
digr: did any one of u send me a pm just now? i got an email saying that i got a new pm but there isn't any new ones in my inbox!

probably a rumour :lol2:

Lambretta
:? Ennachu?! Did I say nething funny.....?! :huh:

Hulkster
Braided hair or long hair goes quite fine with sarees....a pottu(slight one) on the forehead is more nicer...paarka appadiya antha mahalakhsmi vantha mathiri irukkum..:D

crazy
16th April 2006, 02:37 PM
saree fits with long hair with alot of flowers!
i hate my hair its so fallen, i wish i had curly hair! :cry:

hulster have u seen mahalakshmi before???????????

rachel
16th April 2006, 02:38 PM

i hope you get a wife with a long hair..so you can comb her hair whenever she wants :lol:

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 02:40 PM
Nalla kelvi....naan poi vaikundhathil Mahalakhsmi aparka appointment poduraen...paarthonu solgiraen...ada neenga vera....Every women born in this world is a beauty in her own right and to me they are mahalakhsmi regardless of how attractive they are....saree potaal enna miniskirt potaal enna...neeta mudi irunthaal enna katta mudi irunthaal enna....eyppadi irunthaalum ponnungalakku thani alagae irukku. :thumbsup:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 02:41 PM
Braided hair or long hair goes quite fine with sarees....a pottu(slight one) on the forehead is more nicer...paarka appadiya antha mahalakhsmi vantha mathiri irukkum..:D
Aah yes definitely....pottu also....! :)
But I like only circular, red/maroon ones (wich only married women cud wear)....rather than the multi-coloured 'sparkling' fancy types....:)

Back in the days wen ther wer 'painted' bottus, sum (married) women wud hav oval ones on their foreheads, if they had 'slim' or oval faces.....my history teacher at my old school used to wear them like tat until recently.....:)
My mother stopped wearing 'painted' ones yrs ago, as she found she was having sum skin allergy to those & switched over to stick-on ones....

Only I used to notice sum who wore stick-on pottus had the habit of peeling them off, sticking them onto mirrors etc. & then pasting them back on their foreheads! ugh...! :shock: :oops:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:42 PM
Nijamava??! I still find many girls/women here who hav even longer (waist/hip length!) hair....even many who dont wear Sarees....:)

really? oh my! i wonder how long they spend on their hair!

Ana intha kalathile ungal ellar kunthal kaga thaane shampoo/hair-oil/conditioner cos. ellam ivolo ads kuduthu promotion pannaranguh?! :lol:

yes. but we can't spend half an hour putting oil and washing etc. so though i like long hair, not that long hair!

Ohh....u hav wavy/bushy hair?? Same thing for me! :(

yeah, nice wavy hair, not bushy hair! i like my hair! don't u like urs?

Layered-a? :? Hmm.....never heard of tat.....:huh:

also called step-cut.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 02:43 PM
i hope you get a wife with a long hair..so you can comb her hair whenever she wants :lol:
Ohh....y not?! I'd luv to.....tks! :wink: :mrgreen:
Provided she doesnt mind the fact tat I donno how to tie a plait/braid..... :P :lol:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:45 PM

probably a rumour :lol2: :lol:

rachel
16th April 2006, 02:46 PM
Provided she doesnt mind the fact tat I donno how to tie a plait/braid..... :P :lol:

ok..how come you know a lot about women? :roll:

crazy
16th April 2006, 02:47 PM
Nalla kelvi....naan poi vaikundhathil Mahalakhsmi aparka appointment poduraen...paarthonu solgiraen...ada neenga vera....Every women born in this world is a beauty in her own right and to me they are mahalakhsmi regardless of how attractive they are....saree potaal enna miniskirt potaal enna...neeta mudi irunthaal enna katta mudi irunthaal enna....eyppadi irunthaalum ponnungalakku thani alagae irukku. :thumbsup:

kolureengale :banghead:
neenga ....................:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

crazy
16th April 2006, 02:48 PM

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:48 PM
But I like only circular, red/maroon ones (wich only married women cud wear)....rather than the multi-coloured 'sparkling' fancy types....:)

not true. i used to wear them for a long time. now i wear a thin line using my eyeliner! :wink: or a small round silver pottu.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 02:54 PM
really? oh my! i wonder how long they spend on their hair!
Yea, compared to tat I thot elbow-length shudnt be tat tedious......:D

yeah, nice wavy hair, not bushy hair! i like my hair! don't u like urs?
Um, 'wud've maybe if I wer a girl....in wich case I cud've grown it longer & been able to tie it so it wudnt look tat bad....:D
Now i can keep it only as long as my avtaar......:)
Unless I comb it frequently, it looks like a mess of tangled wire or an overgrown bush! :oops: :P

also called step-cut.
Ohh......rite, got it.....men had this too, in the '70s.......:)

crazy
16th April 2006, 02:55 PM

not true. i used to wear them for a long time. now i wear a thin line using my eyeliner! :wink: or a small round silver pottu.
i dont wear neither of them! i dont wear pottu nowadays, i dont know why. i feel its somthing like iam imposing my religion here. i dont know!
but if i get married i will have those kungumam on my vadu(what is that called i dont even remember?!)

goodsense
16th April 2006, 02:56 PM
Most women are forced to cut their hair when they come to the west because it's easier to manage with a buzzing life. Because of the weather, blow dryers are often used and later sometime, it damages the hair. The best I remember of my long lovely bunch of hari, was at my highschool graduation. Even guys had commented on it.

Although short, whenever I go to hairdressers, they always comment, O, you have a nice lot of hair, so much, the scheen etc. Now that I am getting older, I think I would like to have it a bit longer, already grew it a little pass my shoulders. Need a change too, but definitely not going to grow it long long. Would run into the same problems as before.

They say a woman's beauty is her hair. If you notice too, no matter what you wear, if your hair is not set right, nothing looks good.

Now from saree to hair.....

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:57 PM
Um, 'wud've maybe if I wer a girl....in wich case I cud've grown it longer & been able to tie it so it wudnt look tat bad....:D
Now i can keep it only as long as my avtaar......:)
Unless I comb it frequently, it looks like a mess of tangled wire or an overgrown bush! :oops: :P

why would u want to grow your hair longer than in your avatar?

anyways, if u don't mind, change ur avatar, anna.

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 02:58 PM

i dont wear neither of them! i dont wear pottu nowadays, i dont know why. i feel its somthing like iam imposing my religion here. i dont know!
but if i get married i will have those kungumam on my vadu(what is that called i dont even remember?!)

i would feel so odd if i don't wear a pottu. so i always wear a pottu.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 02:58 PM
Yea, abt Indian women atleast.....:)
I guess its 'cos wat I want to look for in them is not wat many other guys (of my age atleast) wud care to look for....got it? :wink: :lol2:

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:01 PM
hallo goodsense
i never used have long hair, even when i was in india i cut my hair every month and every month i have to listen to my teachers yelling. God i wish they treated me better.
my teachers yell if i cut my hair, not wearing chudidars, not having pottu on my forehead etc etc .

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:03 PM
Silver??! Hmm.....tat'd look like, totally unusual! :?
Well, I donno, I was told red pottus r for married women (unmarried gen. wear black but I dont like those.....I like red ones best!)...but again my mother said it need not strictly be only for married......:?

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:05 PM
i would feel so odd if i don't wear a pottu. so i always wear a pottu.
yes i used to wear, but u know there is a rising new nazist nowadays,.. they often have pottu as a code for putting indians/hindus/ indian subcontinets down!

rachel
really..mr scooter

Lambretta
Most women are forced to cut their hair when they come to the west because it's easier to manage with a bussing life. Because of the weather, blow dryers are often used and later sometime, it damages the hair.
Yea, one of the reasons y I wasnt keen on settling abroad! :)

They use dryers even in Singapore.....even for men.....most ppl. I noticed there hav like, really damanged hair w/ split ends & all......! :(

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:08 PM
[Yea, one of the reasons y I wasnt keen on settling abroad! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: good reason!

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:09 PM
Um...I said I wud've wanted to if I'd been a girl! :D

Yea I know its not tat clear....actually took it w/ my camera, putting the movie on still while watching it on my PC :)
But I badly wanted only '70s pics. of Kamal....!

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:10 PM

Tks! 'hope my wife feels so too! :lol:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:14 PM
*digr

really..mr scooter
Say Rachel,
if u dont mind, cud u call me Lamby? Verum 'scooter' nu sonna athu entha scooter-analum agalam illeya? :)

/digr

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:14 PM

Tks! 'hope my wife feels so too! :lol:
r u married? or r u telling future wife will be feel so!?

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:15 PM
r u married? or r u telling future wife will be feel so!?
Oops! Sorry I ment future wife....innum kalyanam agale! :D

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:18 PM
yes lamby she will be really happy to know that her future husband is dicussing about hair and saree and stuffs! :lol:

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 03:20 PM
Pondadi pesamal sareeyae kattikunga nu sollamal irunthaal seri.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:22 PM
yes lamby she will be really happy to know that her future husband is dicussing about hair and saree and stuffs! :lol:
IF she herself happens to be into these of course!
Or else the discussion'll prob. only serve as a nice lullaby for her day & night! :oops:

goodsense
16th April 2006, 03:23 PM
Lamby wrote:

"if u dont mind, cud u call me Lamby?"
:lol: :lol:

I know Mr. Scooter sounds like someone who did something mischievous, like cheating someone and taking off.

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:25 PM
IF she herself happens to be into these of course!
Or else the discussion'll prob. only serve as a nice lullaby for her day & night! :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
16th April 2006, 03:26 PM
Saree saga never ends?

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:26 PM

kaalam kedhu poi irukku enna venalum nadakkalam! :lol:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 03:28 PM
Silver??! Hmm.....tat'd look like, totally unusual! :?
Well, I donno, I was told red pottus r for married women (unmarried gen. wear black but I dont like those.....I like red ones best!)...but again my mother said it need not strictly be only for married......:?

it doesn't look odd really. but i don't wear the silver one that much anymore.

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 03:29 PM
Most women are forced to cut their hair when they come to the west because it's easier to manage with a bussing life. Because of the weather, blow dryers are often used and later sometime, it damages the hair.
Yea, one of the reasons y I wasnt keen on settling abroad! :)

They use dryers even in Singapore.....even for men.....most ppl. I noticed there hav like, really damanged hair w/ split ends & all......! :(

yeah, that's why i don't use the dryer at all. my sis also only uses it when she is styling her hair, which is very rarely.

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:30 PM
Saree saga never ends?

no it wont. we keep it pretty alive!

hi sp akka! how r u?

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:30 PM
Hey u know I got this comment from a girl once.....!
Wen I was in Sing 2 yrs ago......had a friend from Calcutta (will call her 'S').....& ther wer lots of other Indian girls studying in our institute.....
So hap'd 'S' was sitting w/ this girl from Delhi one day, who was showing her pics. of herself......sum pics. wer of her 12th class farewell party at her school in Delhi.....I saw a pic. of her wher she was clad in sum designer Saree.....
I jus saw one of the pics. & told the girl tat she lookd gr8 in it....
Then wen 'S' told her tat I like Sarees so much & even keep asking her to wear it, tat girl remarked in Hindi (thinking I didnt know it) right in front of me tat in tat case y not they make me wear Sarees while they cud wear shirts/pants & thus they as well I wud be happy!
Was truly hurt to hear tat! :shock: :evil:
Of course eventually even 'S' stopped being frindly w/ those girls, altho for a diff. reason......

Shakthiprabha.
16th April 2006, 03:31 PM
i am fine. u dont take off even on sundays crazy? :?:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 03:32 PM
Um...I said I wud've wanted to if I'd been a girl! :D

Yea I know its not tat clear....actually took it w/ my camera, putting the movie on still while watching it on my PC :)
But I badly wanted only '70s pics. of Kamal....!

oh, ok.

but i wasn't saying so cos it's not clear. i think u can get better pics of kamal. or change it to sth else.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:35 PM
I know Mr. Scooter sounds like someone who did something mischievous, like cheating someone and taking off.
Nah, taking off wud be in case of a plane.....in my case it'd be more like um....phut-phutting off! :P :lol:

But neways, the main reason I didnt want tat name is bcos I want to be known by my fav. scooter rather than jus any scooter.....:)

crazy
i am fine. u dont take off even on sundays crazy? :?:

no akka sunday is so boring u know. iam alone :cry: :cry: :cry: and if i take a day off, how could this hub survive! :lol: :lol:

Fire111999
Hey u know I got this comment from a girl once.....!
Wen I was in Sing 2 yrs ago......had a friend from Calcutta (will call her 'S').....& ther wer lots of other Indian girls studying in our institute.....
So hap'd 'S' was sitting w/ this girl from Delhi one day, who was showing her pics. of herself......sum pics. wer of her 12th class farewell party at her school in Delhi.....I saw a pic. of her wher she was clad in sum designer Saree.....
I jus saw one of the pics. & told the girl tat she lookd gr8 in it....
Then wen 'S' told her tat I like Sarees so much & even keep asking her to wear it, tat girl remarked in Hindi (thinking I didnt know it) right in front of me tat in tat case y not they make me wear Sarees while they cud wear shirts/pants & thus they as well I wud be happy!
Was truly hurt to hear tat! :shock: :evil:
Of course eventually even 'S' stopped being frindly w/ those girls, altho for a diff. reason......

digr: anna, did u study in singapore? which jc?

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 03:36 PM
Those are girls who have a particular hate for men who describe their beauty or show sudden affection as they might have seen this happen...u look nice in this nu sollikittu kadeisilae kathal vanthiruchi nu solli approm nice ah thaluvi poira case paarthirupaanga...thats y this type of rude comment against you...dunt mind it too much...they might have been hurt before by such men we may neva know....ada kavalai padathae pa....naanga saree maatinaal kuda thaan alaga iruppom....enna prachanai na eve teasing nadukkum avalavu thaan... :(

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 03:36 PM
Saree saga never ends?

hi SP!

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 03:37 PM
oh, ok.

but i wasn't saying so cos it's not clear. i think u can get better pics of kamal. or change it to sth else.
Yaen? Ithule kamal too serious-a theriyrara? :lol2:

Shakthiprabha.
16th April 2006, 03:38 PM
crazy,

why? what bout ur parents? yeah hub is so quiet for past 5 days or so. Next week hope its back and buzzing. Atleast now u are there to pep up :D

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:39 PM
Those are girls who have a particular hate for men who describe their beauty or show sudden affection as they might have seen this happen...u look nice in this nu sollikittu kadeisilae kathal vanthiruchi nu solli approm nice ah thaluvi poira case paarthirupaanga...thats y this type of rude comment against you...dunt mind it too much...they might have been hurt before by such men we may neva know....ada kavalai padathae pa....naanga saree maatinaal kuda thaan alaga iruppom....enna prachanai na eve teasing nadukkum avalavu thaan... :(
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 03:46 PM
oh, ok.

Yaen? Ithule kamal too serious-a theriyrara? :lol2:

not just that. :D

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:46 PM
crazy,

why? what bout ur parents? yeah hub is so quiet for past 5 days or so. Next week hope its back and buzzing. Atleast now u are there to pep up :D

oh no they r here, but i am alone though! hmh loneliness has to do with feelings i guess. just b'coz u r sorrounded by 100 ppl, it wont make u feel u r in company unless u have some souls to talk to! mine is like that!

iam looking forward to next week. i hate holidays. its so dried here in hub, apart from some treads. for instance iam singing solo in pp :cry: :cry:

Shakthiprabha.
16th April 2006, 03:49 PM
crazy, i get u :)

u are not lonely. we are here na....... to bore u :D

hi fire. hi all.

next week all would be back crazy. This week most had long weekend :)

crazy
16th April 2006, 03:52 PM
crazy, i get u :)

u are not lonely. we are here na....... to bore u :D

hi fire. hi all.

next week all would be back crazy. This week most had long weekend :)

yeah :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 04:00 PM
Ellarum marsku pathu varushama tour ponna mathiri solluraenge...kavalai vidathaenge...naanum irukkaen leh....ellarum sernthu dhool kalappavom...:thumbsup:

crazy
16th April 2006, 04:02 PM
Ellarum marsku pathu varushama tour ponna mathiri solluraenge...kavalai vidathaenge...naanum irukkaen leh....ellarum sernthu dhool kalappavom...:thumbsup:

neenga irukkiradhu theriyama sollithen, mannichutunga :lol: :wink: :cry:

rachel
16th April 2006, 04:06 PM
*digr

really..mr scooter
Say Rachel,
if u dont mind, cud u call me Lamby? Verum 'scooter' nu sonna athu entha scooter-analum agalam illeya? :)

/digr

lamby makes me remember sheep :oops:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:06 PM
*digr

digr: anna, did u study in singapore? which jc?
Yea thee, I studied ther for 2.5 yrs...until last yr.:)

Not in JC, first in Informatics Computer School (did a dip. in CS, altho feel like I havnt learnt nething!) then a dip. in Biz. admin. at Raffles-Lasalle.....this school is bang next to the famous Raffles Hotel (I used to look at it admiringly from the windows of our school, as I luv old bldgs...:))
Btw, I hav a guess tat this is wher ur folks live too?

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:10 PM
*digr

:roll: :oops:
I thot u knew wat a Lamby/Lambretta is wen u called me mr.scooter? :?

Neways, this is a Lamby:

http://www.fanaticscooters.co.uk/images/2006_earlyshipment/DSC00691.JPG

Oh, and yea, even the one in my signature is! :)

'hope tat clears up things! :)

/digr

crazy
16th April 2006, 04:12 PM
lamby :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 04:14 PM
good guess, anna. we moved there when i was like 7 years old.

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 04:19 PM
yeppa singapore pathi pesuraengelae...singaporeleh vazhkai muluvethum irukiraenae yennai athai pathi keika matteingela?...athukaga singaporeleh yethanai offices...yethanai vehicles...muthalaga vantha indian ellam keikathaenge...naan historian ellei...verum kudimagan.

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:21 PM
naanga saree maatinaal kuda thaan alaga iruppom....
Umm..irukalaam.....ana appo ambali-ku bathulu etho vaerai peru vechi koopidranguh! :oops:

enna prachanai na eve teasing nadukkum avalavu thaan... :(
Eve ille, Adam-teasing.....from adams as well as eves! :oops: :banghead:

crazy
yeppa singapore pathi pesuraengelae...singaporeleh vazhkai muluvethum irukiraenae yennai athai pathi keika matteingela?...athukaga singaporeleh yethanai offices...yethanai vehicles...muthalaga vantha indian ellam keikathaenge...naan historian ellei...verum kudimagan.

seri kedkirom
singaporil neenga enga irukkeenga? endha hospitala pirantheenga?

rachel
*digr

:roll: :oops:
I thot u knew wat a Lamby/Lambretta is wen u called me mr.scooter? :?

Neways, this is a Lamby:

http://www.fanaticscooters.co.uk/images/2006_earlyshipment/DSC00691.JPG

Oh, and yea, even the one in my signature is! :)

'hope tat clears up things! :)

/digr

:rotfl: :rotfl: i have no idea....i read some posts which were made by you about scooters though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

is it your scooter? :?

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 04:27 PM
naanga saree maatinaal kuda thaan alaga iruppom....
Umm..irukalaam.....ana appo ambali-ku bathulu etho vaerai peru vechi koopidranguh! :oops:

enna prachanai na eve teasing nadukkum avalavu thaan... :(
Eve ille, Adam-teasing.....from adams as well as eves! :oops: :banghead:

intha cross-dressing topic eppa introduce achu? naan antha posta completa miss panniten!

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:29 PM
*digr
'am used to this qsn.....:lol:
I wish it wer mine....looks really nice doesnt it? :D
If u've seen kalvanin kathali, u might've noticed a similar scooter in it.....

Mine actually looks like this (but NOT the same colour):

http://www.fanaticscooters.co.uk/images/2006_earlyshipment/DSC00670.JPG

/digr

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 04:31 PM
i can't understand how come u like scooters. i think bikes look so much cooler!

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 04:33 PM
Neruppae vaanga ma vaanga...athu polambal nu ninaichikittu miss penniruppaenge. Adams teasing :lol: lambu neenga thaan SJ Suryava?

Lambretta
*digr cont.

i can't understand how come u like scooters. i think bikes look so much cooler!
As I told u, not all scooters.......only old ones....esp. Lambrettas! 8-)
And again, I do like bikes......old ones (but they r too heavy for me! :oops:)

rachel
*digr
'am used to this qsn.....:lol:
I wish it wer mine....looks really nice doesnt it? :D
If u've seen kalvanin kathali, u might've noticed a similar scooter in it.....

Mine actually looks like this (but NOT the same colour):

http://www.fanaticscooters.co.uk/images/2006_earlyshipment/DSC00670.JPG

/digr

oh... 8-)

but i don't know about scooters at all..

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:36 PM
*digr cont

lambu neenga thaan SJ Suryava?
:lol: Ille.....ana antha paatu-le avanga otara scooter mathiri enakum onnu iruntha nannu irukum......nice colour combo it has! :D

crazy
And again, I do like bikes......old ones (but they r too heavy for me! :oops:)
:lol: :rotfl: :lol2: :lol:

rachel
Neruppae vaanga ma vaanga...athu polambal nu ninaichikittu miss penniruppaenge. Adams teasing :lol: lambu neenga thaan SJ Suryava?

what does eva and adam teasing mean? i really don't know.
but i know who adam and eva are

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:37 PM
oh... 8-)

but i don't know about scooters at all..

How come?? :? I thot u live in India.....?

crazy
16th April 2006, 04:39 PM

boys teasing girls eve teasing
girls teasing boys adam teasing

i guess so!

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:39 PM

:lol: Eva ille, EVE....meaning woman! ADAM = man......um, dont u know tat classical Adam & Eve story? :?

rachel
16th April 2006, 04:42 PM

:lol: Eva ille, EVE....meaning woman! ADAM = man......um, dont u know tat classical Adam & Eve story? :?

i know that story..but i don't know about teasing :?

Arthi
16th April 2006, 04:44 PM
Importance of saree-la enga teasing pathi pesareenga :roll:

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:44 PM
Ohh....lucky u! :)

rachel
16th April 2006, 04:45 PM

oh...you are not going to tell me :(

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 04:46 PM
*dig cont

oh...you are not going to tell me :(
Tats wat crazy told u rite.....eve-teasing = teasing girls
adam-teasing = teasing guys

/dig

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Wokay...now the topic is moving from sarees to cross dressing to bikes.....eppo ennathai solli start pennulam....Wokay ellarum sarees oru ponnuvodeiya character show pennutha ellei avangalai figure kaatutha nu sollunga. naduvulae kanda kanda comments ellam vanthichi...approm aruvaal yedukka thayanga mattein..solli puttaen aamam... :evil:

crazy
16th April 2006, 04:51 PM
Wokay...now the topic is moving from sarees to cross dressing to bikes.....eppo ennathai solli start pennulam....Wokay ellarum sarees oru ponnuvodeiya character show pennutha ellei avangalai figure kaatutha nu sollunga. naduvulae kanda kanda comments ellam vanthichi...approm aruvaal yedukka thayanga mattein..solli puttaen aamam... :evil:

ayyayo aruval ellam vendam................ :cry:

Arthi
16th April 2006, 04:51 PM
Hulkster neenga thirunelveli ya? :roll:
Gandiyavadiya Erunga ..tension aagadeenga :)

rachel
16th April 2006, 04:53 PM
both

Arthi
16th April 2006, 04:54 PM
hi Crazy :)

How are u? PP la unga patukku badil theriyalai :cry:

crazy
16th April 2006, 04:56 PM
hi Crazy :)

How are u? PP la unga patukku badil theriyalai :cry:
paravailla naane continue pannithen, hmh..................naan solo singer ahithen :cry:

Arthi
16th April 2006, 04:58 PM
ayyo kavala padadenga mudincha alavu naanum paadaren ;)
ungaAlavukku ellatiyum... let me try to give u company :)

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 04:58 PM
Nalla velai thirupachi nu sollulae...ellei na thirupachi periya manushanga yennai singapore varai thedi vanthu vettuvaanga...seri neenga solluruthakaga naan ghandhivathiya irukiraen.

Arthi
16th April 2006, 05:03 PM
Nalladhu.. so u r in singapore not in Thirinelveli :)

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 05:05 PM
Hmm......ippo Saree lenthu Singapore-ku poidcha.....:roll: :)

*digr.
Btw, hulkster, neenga Singapore le enge irukenguh? Naan vanthu Punggol le irunthe....:)

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 05:06 PM
wow. i went to get my laundry. athukkulla so many posts.

rachel
16th April 2006, 05:08 PM
:wave:

Arthi
16th April 2006, 05:12 PM
Hi Fire
I gave u Audio link in Poja & Arti... PArunga and let me know whether is it useful for u :)

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 05:14 PM
yeah, i saw. thanks. i'll listen to them later.

Arthi
16th April 2006, 05:15 PM
Fire: Do u know abt the book what Bingle mentioned in that thread? :)

crazy
16th April 2006, 05:20 PM
arthi endha tread? enna book?

Arthi
16th April 2006, 05:27 PM
Hi Crazy .. poja & Arti-la parunga :)

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 05:28 PM
no sorry. i don't think so.

crazy
16th April 2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Crazy .. poja & Arti-la parunga :)
adhu enga irukku idhe miscellaneous topics la irukka?

Arthi
16th April 2006, 05:30 PM
ok Fire :)

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 05:43 PM
sorry i couldn't help!

crazy
16th April 2006, 05:49 PM
fire
why sorry? who couldn't u help?

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 06:20 PM
abt the book, i meant

goodsense
16th April 2006, 09:48 PM
Digression:

Rachel,

You too thought of sheep when you see lamby? That's exactly what had happened to me - was thinking about a white fluffy pet one and Lamby was shocked and he said he "quenched" when he found ou the meaning behind Lammy (see hubber's event thread). At least I am not alone in such thoughts to be taken strangely.

I felt really bad when he used the word quenched, but tried to understand :(

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 10:01 PM
Digression:

Rachel,

You too thought of sheep when you see lamby? That's exactly what had happened to em - was thinking about a white fluffy pet one and Lamby was shocked and he said he quenched when he found ou the meaning behind Lammy (see hubber's event thread). At least I am not alone in such those thoughts to be taken strangely.

what is it?

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 10:06 PM
Digression:

Digression:

Rachel,

You too thought of sheep when you see lamby? That's exactly what had happened to em - was thinking about a white fluffy pet one and Lamby was shocked and he said he quenched when he found ou the meaning behind Lammy (see hubber's event thread). At least I am not alone in such those thoughts to be taken strangely.
what is it?
Well I knew it as short for Lambretta in the west:

http://images.google.co.in/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=series+2+lammy&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

But she knew it as......well, shez already mentioned it....:oops: :roll:
Um, btw, I never said I was "quenched".......'dont rem. using tat word at all in ne thread here! :roll: :?