PDA

View Full Version : SILLY COMBINATIONS

pooja.shankar
4th March 2006, 04:33 PM
What to eat with... this and that

lets discuss ... silly combinations

like Kurkure and curd
tirunelveli halwa and chips
crushed muruku with curd and salt and onions !!!
adai with cheese slices ....
old idli sauted in tomato ketchup and mustard , onion and oil
Bajji made out of Fetta cheese
Noodles topped with chopped boiled eggs and melted mozarella cheese (cheese used for pizza )
Bread with chutney ! (mint chutney is good )

Now .. what about u people .....eat what with wat ???????????????

pooja.shankar
4th March 2006, 04:48 PM
ice cream in pepsi !
chinese crackers and curd
(actually i eat almost anything with curd ..or cheese )

kavikuil
4th March 2006, 10:50 PM
My cousin loves to eat cake with curd rice! :roll:

RedPepper
5th March 2006, 01:21 AM
Once I saw a friend of mine eating ripe mango and pineapple sprinkled with salt and chilli powder. I thought it was silly. But later I have found out that some other people also doing this. Maybe it is common in some areas.

rsankar
5th March 2006, 04:58 AM
Once I saw a friend of mine eating ripe mango and pineapple sprinkled with salt and chilli powder. I thought it was silly. But later I have found out that some other people also doing this. Maybe it is common in some areas.

Yes, this is for the good reason they eat with salt and chilli....the reason is you'll never get sore throat.

SenorJalapeno
5th March 2006, 06:39 AM
In the Philippines it is quite common to eat a green mango with anchovies (locally known as Bagoong or if you prefer my personal definition...Yuck!).

RedPepper
5th March 2006, 07:55 AM

Yes, this is for the good reason they eat with salt and chilli....the reason is you'll never get sore throat.

How does it prevent sore throat?

dev
5th March 2006, 09:19 AM
Idli with icecream... a good combi for fuzzy kids...

pooja.shankar
5th March 2006, 09:28 AM
payasam and jam

Nichiro
5th March 2006, 04:28 PM
One grand old lady I knew used to eat Khichadi with Tea.
My wife loves Phulkas and Rasam.

dev
5th March 2006, 05:01 PM
jilebi or kesari with curd rice is a good combi...

RedPepper
5th March 2006, 09:04 PM
My cousin, when he was a kid, used to eat idli and dosa with sugar. He would eat with chutney and sambar, but first the dosa/idli needs to be sprinkled with sugar.
I have to call and ask him if he still does that! :)

dev
5th March 2006, 10:55 PM
One of my cousin used to eat rice with sambar,rasam,curd & porial all mixed together... his logic was anyway U r gonna eat it all...why waste time eating it one by one... :lol:

Puri/chapathi with sugar is a good combi... make a roll & eat it as a snack... used to do this when I was a kid but not these days... But this isn't a weird combi as many ppl eat it this way...

pooja.shankar
5th March 2006, 11:00 PM
ya ............. that rice with everything (but not thair sadam and rasam sadam together! but i mix all the veggies and everythin ) .. i still do it .sometimes

but there was one weirdo ..whu used to like it this way ...

he used to put buttermilk , curd , sambhar , veggies , and a BANANA on top and eat it ..

and i had indigestion ..seeing him have it that way

ssanjinika
6th March 2006, 07:34 PM
AHHH THIS Combination is GREAT!! You gotto try it Redpepper.Its very common in chennai and you can see street vedors selling this combination.Salt and chilli powder is good with guavas and cucumbers too.

ssanjinika
6th March 2006, 07:35 PM
Curd rice with murukku or ribbon pakoda is a good combo.

kavithasenthil
6th March 2006, 08:03 PM
My great grandma used to love to eat vadai/bonda/bajji with payasam. she dip the savouri in a bowl of payasam and eat. i tried it one day and it was not bad.

When we were kids(not really) we springle rice puffs on top of bournvita or tea, eat and drink. keep on springling until we finish the drink. Hmm have to try now and c whether i like it now a day too. :lol:

kavikuil
7th March 2006, 01:06 AM
AHHH THIS Combination is GREAT!! You gotto try it Redpepper.Its very common in chennai and you can see street vedors selling this combination.Salt and chilli powder is good with guavas and cucumbers too.

and green apples!

vetrivendan
7th March 2006, 01:51 AM
I love to take chapati with puli kuzhambu( or kaara kuzhambu )....

pooja.shankar
7th March 2006, 10:10 AM
hmm .. u can eat macaroni with mulagai podi ( gun powder ... as some call it )

bingleguy
7th March 2006, 10:15 AM
How about

Payasam on Poli ???????????

pooja.shankar
7th March 2006, 10:21 AM
ahhhhh i hate payasam ...

slimy ..thing ...

and poli is tooo sweet ..i hate it too ..

bingleguy
7th March 2006, 10:37 AM
How do u like ?????????

Cheese on Dosa ;-)

pooja.shankar
7th March 2006, 10:46 AM
How do u like ?????????

Cheese on Dosa ;-)

OF CURSE ..dunt u ??

come on .....

not the dirty processed cheeses we get in market ....

natural cheese ..that u get in dairies ..or fromageries
there are about 3000 varieties ...

i like ... mozarella .... ( on almost everything ... but it is semi hard cheese ..must have it melted or cooked in microwave ..)

chedder cheese ..(soemtimes ..)

Paneer( the indian cheese. .that the stupid americans have got patent for as ...cottage cheese ..- united states ....fools ... )

Rico cheese ...parmesian .. and fetta ..cheese ..(my last choice ..)

BUT WITH DOSA ....

Mozeralla ..or paneer ..

come on ..havnt u eaten ..paneer dosa ??

bingleguy
7th March 2006, 12:01 PM
ohooooo

I ve not tasted Paneer Dosa .... well well well

How about Adai n Butter ..... Best combination !
Also adai is good with Jaggery !

pooja.shankar
7th March 2006, 12:47 PM
no ..i dunt like jaggery ...

adai is nice with BUTTER (ok)..
spread cheese ( processed cheese u get in bottles .... in the supermarkets ...)(it s good ...)

but adai with mayonaise (yummmm....)

bingleguy
7th March 2006, 01:22 PM
So Pooja .......

u dont like anything sweet ??????????

then i guess if u were in a state like Kerala ?????????????

Well i guess
u shld be liking Paruppu podi rice (gunpowder) with Avakkai ....
thats the best spicy combination !

pooja.shankar
7th March 2006, 05:23 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .... i have a very bland taste ..

i LOVE sweets ..not the south indian sweets ( excpt kesari ... ) ... actually i like the milky sweets ..... ras malai .... and milk chocolates ...

i dunt like spicy .....
stuff ...

and i dunt like kerala food ... ( i dunt like those green bananas ..and coconuts .... and all ... )

excpt appam with fresh coconut milk ...( one coconut exception ...that i like ... )

Lotusrose
9th March 2006, 05:45 PM
Payasam Varities:
Milk Payasam, Bhadam Payasam, Pasi Parubbu Payasam, and etc.,

payasam and jam

Lotusrose
9th March 2006, 05:48 PM
Anybody like with fish varuval.

Lotusrose
9th March 2006, 05:52 PM
Please you take Chapati with Chikken kuzhambu or Matton kuzhambu. This combination is very tasty food. I like this.

I love to take chapati with puli kuzhambu( or kaara kuzhambu ).... :huh: :poke: :clap: :thumbsup:

Lotusrose
9th March 2006, 05:55 PM
No, jilebi & kesari are sweets. This is bad combination with rice ya. Only rice combination is adding kuzhambu and Rasam, Porial.
:hammer: :banghead: :wave:

dev
9th March 2006, 06:59 PM
:lol:

Lotusrose, the discussion is abt silly combinations... all those U've mentioned are the common combinations...:)

RedPepper
11th March 2006, 12:45 AM
:lol:

Anoushka
13th March 2006, 04:00 AM
A bowl of tomato rasam with potato chips on top of it :) - my brother's favourite!

A cup of coffee/tea with mixture sprinkled on top of it - my granny's favourite!

ssanjinika
14th March 2006, 12:20 AM
I love murukku - dipped and soaked in hot tea ofcourse :).

Braandan
22nd March 2006, 10:33 AM
1.I have seen people dipping rolled-up chappathi in a cup
of hot coffee and eating it.

2.I know of one person who eats "unni appam" (a sweet made of rice flour and jaggery deep fried in oil/ghee) along with idli-podi (gunpowder/molakaa podi).

3.A good way to consume dried up idlies is to cut them
into little pieces and make 'idli upma'. Just splutter musturd in some oil, add urad-dhal, curry leaves and broken dried red-chillies and saute well. Then add the pieces of idli and stir well.

sujathakannan
29th March 2006, 12:57 AM
My sister loves to add kara bondi to curd and eat it.

- Sujatha

Braandan
30th March 2006, 12:16 PM
kara boondi in curd is called "raita", right?

Thattai
30th March 2006, 03:28 PM
as combos go, I quite like to eat curd rice with rasam. I have met only one other person who likes this combo...

dev
30th March 2006, 10:55 PM
curd rice & rasam is a good combo... I've seen many in my family who love that combo... & even upma with rasam is good...

vm
31st March 2006, 06:09 PM
My brother used to have curd rice and tomato sauce

Anoushka
3rd April 2006, 04:46 PM
curd rice and mango (fruit ) is another lovely but strange combination

Braandan
6th April 2006, 09:53 AM
Fried papadum pieces in awal (poha/powa) is some people favourite way of eating awal (poha/powa/milled rice).

Some people have paayasam, by adding pieces of banana (preferably the nenthran variety of Kerala) and also pieces of fried papadum, in it.

Raikkonen
6th April 2006, 09:55 AM
What about Pappad and Milagu Rasam..

ayeshasadique
6th April 2006, 05:39 PM
my hubby likes his mint chutney with sugar in it
my daughter takes idli podi mixed with ketchup

ayeshasadique
6th April 2006, 05:43 PM
i once was served apple slices sprinkled with black pepper powder by my dads colleage.

Braandan
7th April 2006, 06:26 AM
In Delhi almost all "fruit chaat" wallahs will sprinkle pepper powder and rock salt mixture on to fruit pieces. If you don't want it you have to tell them in advance before they prepare the chaat. Ayesha's dad's collegues may be from Delhi.

Raikkonen
7th April 2006, 08:28 AM
Omlette and Apple Jam

dev
7th April 2006, 08:52 AM
Omlette and Apple Jam

:shock: :roll: :lol:

Raikkonen
7th April 2006, 10:11 AM
Uppu Karuvadu and Cadbury Chocolate

Raikkonen
7th April 2006, 10:18 AM
Keerai KAri + Arugambul Juice + Vegetbale Oorugai + Coke Vanilla

ayeshasadique
7th April 2006, 10:27 PM
raikonen...do u really eat all these combinations.....i wonder how u are still alive?

ayeshasadique
7th April 2006, 10:27 PM
lol :twisted: :lol: :lol:

kavithasenthil
8th April 2006, 06:00 AM
scary combination raikonen!!

Raikkonen
8th April 2006, 12:35 PM
haha..
Athan silly combination..

RedPepper
9th April 2006, 02:25 AM
Omlette and Apple Jam

:shock:

Do you really eat these two? or is it just an imagination?

Raikkonen
9th April 2006, 12:34 PM
Yea..
Omlette at 9 am
Jam aat 9.25 am

rajshank
6th May 2006, 03:16 AM
Upma in a bowl of piping hot sambhar with ghee on top ...yummyyyy

Upma with sambhar and curd in a bowl

Vadu Manga with Upma or Idlis or Dosas and even Rotis

Cheese sandwich dipped in tomato soup

ever tried Chapati soaked in Sambhar??

Raikkonen
6th May 2006, 04:19 PM
Meen Varuval and Apple Juice

Ramakrishna
6th May 2006, 04:20 PM
Uppu Karuvadu and Cadbury Chocolate

Ada loosaaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

Braandan
9th May 2006, 12:06 PM
Chapathi soaked in sambar does not look silly. Sambar made for lunch is left over for dinner and it is chapathi for dinner, then the best combination is this, not to waste the sambar and to save time on a separate curry for chapathi!

kavithasenthil
9th May 2006, 05:29 PM
Upma in a bowl of piping hot sambhar with ghee on top ...yummyyyy

Upma with sambhar and curd in a bowl

Vadu Manga with Upma or Idlis or Dosas and even Rotis

Cheese sandwich dipped in tomato soup

ever tried Chapati soaked in Sambhar??

Nothing above is silly. everything is tasty and normal. :D

bingleguy
9th May 2006, 05:33 PM
i ve seen some ppl having

Chappati mixed with ghee n sugar ! :roll:

narayanan
9th May 2006, 06:10 PM
tear chappathi into pieces, add boiled milk and sugar, soak it for a while. good combo actually for kids who dont like to eat 'kaaram'.

Burger King veg. burger with onion ring sauce (actually that would add a bit spice)

Orange
13th May 2006, 10:49 AM
My mom and brother used to have laddu mixed with mashed banana

dev
14th May 2006, 09:00 AM
My mom and brother used to have laddu mixed with mashed banana

I too love this combi... esp when the ladoos are too sweet for me, I add bananas to it to reduce the sweetness...

ayeshasadique
14th May 2006, 01:30 PM
me and my brother eat chappatis with ghee and sugar too....actually we eat dosas, idlis, puris, chappatis anything with ghee and sugar :)

dev
14th May 2006, 02:38 PM
puris with sugar is an yummy combi... With chapathi too... but a sinful indulgence...:(

sowmeia
27th May 2006, 01:05 AM
[quote="narayanan"]tear chappathi into pieces, add boiled milk and sugar, soak it for a while. good combo actually for kids who dont like to eat 'kaaram'.
quote]

I like the idea..will definetely try..i always end up with day old chapatis..anybody have anymore ideas?

as for weird combos..i am a veggie lover..i end up having veggies with almost anything..try corn,peas and carrot mixed with pori!! little salt and chili powder helps..

peanut powder is another fav of mine..try sprinkling a little in maggi!!

dev
27th May 2006, 08:47 AM
For old chapathis, try this... cut them into meduim sized strips.

Take a mix of vegs like shredded carrots, cabbages & finely chopped beans & capscium & onion cut into thin long strips... Heat oil & add the onions & stir fry till it turns transparent... (add tomatoes now if req)add the other vegs & stir fry until done but still crunchy... Add a bit of tomato sauce(u can avoid it if U r adding tomatoes), req salt & chilly powder & garam masala.. cook for a min & then add the chapathis... heat thorough... done...

ayeshasadique
28th May 2006, 01:54 PM
For old chapathis, try this... cut them into meduim sized strips.

Take a mix of vegs like shredded carrots, cabbages & finely chopped beans & capscium & onion cut into thin long strips... Heat oil & add the onions & stir fry till it turns transparent... (add tomatoes now if req)add the other vegs & stir fry until done but still crunchy... Add a bit of tomato sauce(u can avoid it if U r adding tomatoes), req salt & chilly powder & garam masala.. cook for a min & then add the chapathis... heat thorough... done...

this is what i do too .... to give it a chinese touch, cut off the garam masala, add a dash of soy sauce and sprinkle spring onions

Braandan
8th June 2006, 07:35 AM
Warm plain croissants for some time. Have with oil-less idly-molako-podi (gunpowder molakapodi used to take dosas and idlies)

Surya
8th June 2006, 08:04 AM
Feel like grabbin somethin for desert?

Vanilla Ice Cream and Mango Oorkai! 8-)