PDA

View Full Version : How to create a website for ringtones

Badri
26th May 2005, 11:42 AM
To all you techies out there: Does anyone know how to create a website where you can have ringtones available for download for a fee? One of my friends wants to get into this, he's got the ringtones, just doesn't know how to get a website running where he can put all these ringtones and have people download them by paying him for it.

Anyone knows?

Idiappam
1st June 2005, 12:47 AM
There are at least 3 things to do here!

1. Get the web page up - with the ringtones, midi. code numbers etc... and have your data-base full of them. - sending ringtone via sms requires coding - check the Nokia site on the coding of notes and some 'developers kit' download. SDK they call that, i think.

2. Then get it linked to a gsm modem - check if it can reach all moblie operators phones. Or link to an sms agency via TCP/IP or whatever.

3. Get some revenue collections method on. Buy prepaid cards, via credit card, or some remittance etc etc.

I have seen on company in singapore - they have 3 systems. One for receiving the orders, linked to one for sending the ringtone via a GSM modem and one to hold the coded data of the ringtones. Big chore!

Badri
1st June 2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks Idiappam!

Seems a big chore alright! Will pass on the information to my friend. Thanks for the tip about checking the Nokia website as well.