PDA

View Full Version : All about baking

Pages : 1 [2]

cynthia_a02
18th April 2006, 05:49 PM
hai Redpepper,
ur roses r very very beautiful like real roses.i liked it very much.again i tried the rasamalai receipe.this time its somewhat ok.anyway thanks for a nice receipe.i think u r an expert in baking.keep it up.bye.

kavithasenthil
18th April 2006, 11:21 PM
Redpepper,
i also afraid of overflowing inside the oven so i checked after 10 mins. for the chance of over flow..i found none so baked it covered. mine baked just in 22 mins at 350 F.

Anotherway is to bake uncovered till 1/2 to 3/4 th..then cover with foil. this way we can be surely avoid overflowing.

Like u said the rasamalis tastes wonderful today compare to yesterday. anyway thanks a lot for easy baking method to make tasty rasamalais.

Noodles
19th April 2006, 09:55 AM
RICCOTTA CHEESE AVAILABLE IN CHENNAI?

IS THERE ANY ANOTHER NAME OR SUBSTITUTE?

AFTER VISITING RED PEPPER's VIRTUAL WORKSHOP I WISH TO MAKE RASAMALAI

grapes
20th April 2006, 04:48 AM
THANKS 4 the detailed illustrated receipe redpepper i will try it tomorrow & let u know the results.(i do not have a hand blender so i am going to try it in the mixi lets see how this works)

Grapes, I don't know how it would be if you do it in a mixie. Do you have a wire whisk? Thats what I use sometimes & it works fine.
ur right redpepper the mixie does not work mine did not turn out well this time either it was still stickey like kova even after 65 min., i am going to do it using a wire whisk when i get some more ricotta cheese i hope this time mine turns out well like urs. (hope i had read ur message earlier)

cynthia_a02
20th April 2006, 06:41 PM
hai grapes,
i also did the same mistake.i used the mixie.but its somewhat ok.i've to buy a whisk or hand mixer.bye.

RedPepper
20th April 2006, 11:12 PM
Grapes, I am so sorry for you. The method is very simple, so I guess it may be your ingredients? What kind of sugar do you use? Shobha got good results with paneer instead of ricotta cheese, and she didn't add any sugar I think.

Mixie is not good for blending or whisking ingredients together for baking.

grapes
22nd April 2006, 06:21 AM
thats rt cynthia the mixi sure does not work i just got myself a set of whisks today.
thanks 4 the advice redpepper, i used domino's granulated sugar & biazzo's old fashioned whole milk ricotta cheese (which i got from sam's club).

anuk
25th April 2006, 04:14 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum.(as a registered member). but have been following the recipes for some time and trying them.

I saw a lot of discussion about a baked ramalai recipe. but could not locate it. Can some one help me with the page no where its posted.

thanks in advance
anu

kavithasenthil
25th April 2006, 09:35 PM
go to redpepper's blog for detailed explanation with pictures...here is the link...

http://myworksh0p.blogspot.com/

anuk
27th April 2006, 11:28 AM
Hi,

I tried the baked rasmalai. i used home made paneer. We dont get riccota in singapore.

I made paneer the usual way (i use curd to break milk for all bengali sweets) and hung it for 30 min to remove excess water. I blended it in hand blender and followed the recipe with 130 C and 30 min baking.

Result was good. pieces came out very easily and they were not crumbly. it did turn brown on the edges.

I've soaked some of the pieces into sugar syrup. hope they will cool and turn out like square rasgulla.

Will be trying the same recipe with amul paneer soon.

Thanks kavitha for the link and thanks red pepper for the recipe.

anu

chevy
28th January 2011, 07:46 AM
Dear Red Pepper,

Can you please post the recipes of the marble cake & fruit cake that you have posted in your blog.The pictures are so tempting.I would love to try it out.

Thanks,
Kate. @ Redpepper - Wow. how strange.. I remember reading your blog often and have it bookmarked! Didn't think you'd be in the hub!

chevy
28th January 2011, 07:49 AM
Carrot Cake

Ingredients :

5 eggs, separated
275 gm. sugar, granulated
1 lemon, juiced
2 lemons, zest, grated
250 gm. Almonds, ground
300 gm Carrots, finely grated
75 gm Cornflour
1 pch Cinnamon, ground
1 pch Cloves, ground
10 gm Baking powder
50 ml Kirsch
1 pch Salt
Orange & Lemon glazing
fondant icing

Beat together the egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest, until light. Add the finely grated carrots and the almonds.
Mix in the cornflour, cinnamon, ground cloves and baking powder. Then add the kirsch. Mix or beat until smooth. Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold in.
Butter a tin (24 cm diameter, 5 cm high), dust with flour. Turn the mixture into the tin. Bake in the oven for 50 ... 60 minutes at 180 oC.
When cooked, brush the cake with a hot glaze and thin fondant icing. :)

Pls gimme a substitute for kirsch.