PDA

View Full Version : Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

Mahen
27th March 2016, 05:45 PM
Nov, nag used his voice and because of the accent maybe..but it worked for me.. Felt sad during the last shot :oops: Yup.. The car race sequence was very good..
So many good looking ladies😀
Jayasudha is still stuck in railways😀

mexicomeat
27th March 2016, 07:00 PM
pichaikaran

- sasi is still stuck in the 90/00s feel good vikraman style movie era.
- wasn't enjoyable, was waiting for the movie to finish

bangalore naatkal

- except for slow bgms and dragging scenes, it was a perfect movie.
- thumbs up

k_vanan
27th March 2016, 07:13 PM
Thozha- ok for 1 time watch :) luckily not over sentiment. As NOV Anna said BGM n comedy work big time :thumbsup:

- songs

mappi
30th March 2016, 02:58 PM
Zero [2016 : Tamil : 2h20m : Fantasy (Horror, Mystery)]

Written & Directed by Shiv Mohaa

Starring : Shivada, Ashwin Kakumanu & JD Chakravarthy (Extended Cameo)

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/zero-tamil-movie-stills_1/zero_tamil_movie_stills_ashwin_kakumanu_shivada_na ir_5f9bbd6.jpg

Bala must handle his mentally disordered wife Priya at the same time, work with an exorcist to find a cure for the demonic possession.

Zero-the movie, is an interfaith film where Shiv Mohaa takes a deviation from romance by establishing demonic possession horror genre. The title denotes a begining of a new era according to a religious calender, indicating the second coming of the Son of Man (Luke 21:34-36). Several biblical story are interwoven, esp., the devine birth as illustrated in the initial and modern version of a holy book. The fictional take is brilliant, including few debats over the details like whether God created Man or Woman first. A certain knowledge and understanding over Theology is a must to appericate the vision of the director.

The movie revolves around a depressed soul which is desperate to add many other distressed ones to its collection. A war directly waged at its Creator, this soul is accompanied by an evil at its purest (read white) form. Together they plot to stop a certain devine birth from happening. The encounter with the Serpent (Nahash as present in Genesis 3:1) & Priya is a wonderful scene, just like the dilemma mental state illustrated esp., when Priya sees many Bala(s).

The film goes on to explain whether being the chosen one is a curse or a boon and takes a lesson on God-fearing, including who is the Savoir of the survivors, and most importantly tries to define evil. This is where Shiv Mohaa reaches the height of inteligence : According to him, Evil is not an action, but a thought which pushes itself into an action impacting all the concerned. There are couple of scenes : one which exhibits the desire at the supermarket, and then the outcome of jealousy with the appartment neighbour's fish. There are plenty of such relevant scenes, where even during the pre-climax you see priest trying to handle an uncontrolable with a man made pistol. It's here the fabulous dialogue comes - Watch the film to experience the core of the Shiv Mohaa's story.

Around all the modern conception over mental illness, debates whether they are curable or not, Shiv Mohaa inserts a mysterious world of wandering souls which grows the fantasy element and the tightly settled, gloomy & silent atmosphere creates a chilling horror. You see a room in the nature with a bed beside a mirror surrounded by pictures inside frames, except that there is no wall. Hats off Shiv Mohaa.

As its a woman centric film, Shivada gets most of the screen presence. She tries to provoke the audience with her scared emotion, but fails to create the needed sympathy. Not to blame the artists, she did exactly what the director demanded to her. And the monotone makeup does not elevate the difference between Priya and the pocessed Priya, all they have brought out is the close-up shots of the curls of her hair. Ashwin romances, cries and gets beaten - all done within the character's limitations. Chakravarthy is the 'Eye of Zero' who walks in at timely intervals with a spoon in his hand to feed us with certain elements that could not have been missed. Showing his preachings inside an arc shot is a welcome move by the director. There are few musical pieces which are attractive and the camera works inside the appartment building and the closed rooms were good. Lighting and special effects gets a special mention.

Zero becomes a fabulous feature when it tries to communicate with another film, Maya. Zero gives a face to Maya. Brilliant. If you like Maya & Erandam Ullagum, you should not skip Zero, this film has more in store presented dedicatedly.

Zero - 'Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.” (Genesis 3:13).

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/zero-tamil-movie-stills_1/zero_tamil_movie_stills_ashwin_kakumanu_shivada_na ir_7efc514.jpg

NOV
30th March 2016, 06:50 PM
ZERO
- even into the 2nd hour, you don't know what kind of movie is this.... is it about a revengeful father? a mentally disturbed girl? a drama being played out? OR a supernatural movie?

The whole movie is mostly focussed on Ashwin Kakumanu and Shivada both whose performance can only be described as amazingly awesome, and with excellent complementary portrayals by JD Chakravarthy, Thulasi and Anirudh's father. :)

The third star in the movie is the music director, Nivas. Collectively, they make your heart thump at several places.

The story starts from Biblical beliefs of the creator and his creations. The addition of a mostly unknown character, Lilith departs from the usual tale of Adam & Eve. (Start Googling)

From a slow start, the movie moves forward to a shocking end.... or... is it a beginning?

Catch it in the cinemas - definitely one of the better made movies of its genre. But forget it, if you have a weak heart. :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
8th April 2016, 03:18 PM
Has any one seen Batman Vs Superman ? any good ?

PARAMASHIVAN
11th April 2016, 02:53 PM
Batman Vs Superman, a bit of a drag , but the climax and stunt sequences are excellent, Performance wise Batman is miles ahead of superman, another plus point is Batman's love interest (Gal Gadot) :p

A.ANAND
16th April 2016, 05:35 PM
pasangga 2 watched in vellithirai astro yesterday

ippadi oru marana mokka kids movie pattathey illa..vaaya thorantha sagattu menikku advise parentskku..shabba..ithu oru story innu surya eppadiya ottukittarunnu therila..

NOV
16th April 2016, 05:38 PM
Peigal Jaakirathai - yet another remake of Korean, Hello Ghost.
But this one sticks to the original quite faithfully.

Mass was at least entertaining, this one depends entirely on Thambi Ramiah, who even gets to sing a song.

Can watch....once.... on TV 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rsubras
18th April 2016, 01:00 PM
pasangga 2 watched in vellithirai astro yesterday

ippadi oru marana mokka kids movie pattathey illa..vaaya thorantha sagattu menikku advise parentskku..shabba..ithu oru story innu surya eppadiya ottukittarunnu therila..

+1

It is not about advise....... advises are all good........ but pasanga blended it nicely, here it looked forced.....may be pandiraj tcompromised for suriya, the star...... even the kids' kurumbu doesnt look as natural.......

balaajee
18th April 2016, 01:53 PM
+1

It is not about advise....... advises are all good........ but pasanga blended it nicely, here it looked forced.....may be pandiraj tcompromised for suriya, the star...... even the kids' kurumbu doesnt look as natural.......

+1, the kids shown as problem kids were normal...and are seen in every day life...

mappi
3rd May 2016, 12:08 PM
Manithan [2016 : Tamil : 2h30m : Drama and Crime fiction (Legal Drama)]
Directed by I. Ahmed

Dialogues : Ajayan Bala
Music : Santosh Narayanan
Camera : R. Madhi
Editing : Manikanda Balaji

Starring : Hansika Motwani, Aishwarya Rajesh, Udhay, Radha Ravi, Prakash Raj, Vivek & others.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/manithan-movie-audio-release-posters/manithan_movie_audio_release_posters_524d1e5.jpg

Adhukaga avanga mela paridhapa pada sollala, Avanguluku ana nyayatha thaan kekurien.
Paavam Avangalum nambala madri manushangathaney, your Honour.

[I am not asking for pitiness, afterall they are our own, I am just seeking justice for them, your Honour.]

Sakthi (Udhay) reopens a dismissed Hit & Run case under Public Interest Litigation (Article 32 of the Indian constitution) in a court of law. Adisheshan (Prakash Raj), a leading criminal lawyer who appeared during the initial phase and liberated his client from the murder of six victims, is forced back to re-appear before the courthouse of Justice Dhanapal (Radha Ravi). During the stages of the trial, the foul play of mishandled key witness is brought to light, but the lack of eyewitness embarks the law to go with Adisheshan's claim that media targeting the rich and the public quenching their jealousy by wanting to see a wealthy citizen behind bars. Sakthi has got one more card to play, but the senior lawyer is always a step ahead of Sakthi. Thus, the cat and mouse court room drama unfolds, each advocate trying to cogent the law.

Ahmed has finely shaped the character Sakthi. Even when Sakthi is not all enthusiastic about acheiving a social victory - he jokes on his own non-success - the positivity in the form of amusement and pleasant emotions are intact. Sakthi just wants to be and behave normal but his entourage, usually it would be a complaining father, but here it's his own girl-friend (bad choice) who wants him to achieve what she thinks is right for him to achieve. So, our hero comes to city but his attitude remains the same. The point is, Ahmed never tries to modify this character between Acts. The other tiny characters are assembled beautifully around Sakthi, be it the dwellers of the area where Sakthi lodges, the road-side-restaurant cook, a personel body gaurd, the judge, the mocking policemen, a mediator, the rich family, a tea-stall owner, etc. During the final part of ACT-3, a character is introduced and his performence needs a special mention. Moreover, the setups are lively - court-room, High-court compound & the housing community. Using such enviornment, Ahmed elivates his character without "puzhuthi parakkum paaru" moments. Amoung several, the best depiction is when Sakthi peals off his bandage, just like taking off his thick skin and starts making new strides, this time the goal & ambition well defined and differentiated.

Santosh Narayanan, this time too, uses silence and just vocals to stamp in the needed emotions delivered by the slow-mos. 'Poi Vazhva' soothes when the song silently creeps in just like Akkam Pakkam Paar from Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum. The magic has to be experienced in a cinema hall. Out of the blue rings a rhetorical humming "Adho" admist an atmosphere of the living soceity (yet the movie is not preachy). The back ground score melts with the visuals and certainly enhances the characters - there are two musical bits for Adisheshan, the second one which is a kind of a Victory BGM played while Prakash Raj is rolling his eyes villainously is pure mastery.

Udhay has certainly shown great improvement. He maintains the grip on his character and at no point tries to overflow as lawyer Sakthi even when getting insulted, beaten up or slapped. He reacts exactly what the character demands. Much more could have been put in keeping in mind the depth of the character, but Udhay not only tires but also gives a neat performance. He sharply delivers his dialogues and during the closing argument in the court, he does try to roll the words between his throat and lips, expressing a poignant emotion when he says "Paavam Avangalum nambala madri manushangathaney, your Honour". Hats off Udhay, indeed a good start. It's not that he has to do only such films ; he has to do such films from time to time. Others in line are ofcoarse the veterans Prakash Raj and Radha Ravi. Even their voice act. The way Prakash Raj tries to turn the events at the court house with high pitched arguments filled with logic in multi-language, Radha Ravi calmly replies to him "Seri Seri", which is funny as well as demonstrating who is who inside the court. Ahmed has punctuated the film with such fabulous scenes. Aishwarya Rajesh is a part of the film too, I adore this girl, such a facinating beauty who never over shadows the allure with vulgar make-up, plus an actress who can cry or show anxiety spontaneously. Vivek does an extended cameo. He brings in a new named wife with him this time, but I felt like the footage had gone missing !

I am not storyteller, but still felt that Ahmed stammers a bit in producing a Crime Drama inside a Courtroom Thriller. Arguments fell flat. There is a lot of interruption during the investigation dissolving the core plot. Moreover, allowing Santosh Narayanan to be over melodramatic takes away the notion of the thrill. The length of the dialogues could have been longer and if the whole ACT-3 was inside the court room, the film would have been perfect. Nevertheless, Manithan-the film is excellent. Hats off Ahmed and team.

Manithan - Invincible

mexicomeat
3rd May 2016, 02:52 PM
mappi, have u seen the original.

i loved jolly llb.

mappi
3rd May 2016, 03:02 PM
Yes, I have seen Jolly LLB. I like Arshad Warsi from his 'Ciruit' days, his comical timing mixed with wicked expressions are always a fun to watch. His Golmaal Series are light movies that are enjoyable during rainy afternoons.

Under the category of adapted works based on films, Manithan cannot be coined as a Remake. The tamil version is more of a derivative work inspired from a part of the screenplay, gaurding the plot but altering the perspective. A joke or two is also handpicked from the original and most of the characters are retained. Manithan has a more serious tone, where as Jolly LLB is on lighter viens even when it tries a bit harder towards the end.

vithagan
6th May 2016, 07:07 PM

Vikram Kumar doesn't disappoint this time too.. its a Intelligent Sci-fi Thriller.. he nailed it! Brilliant screenplay needs a special mention here. Hats off to Vikram!
13B, Manam and now 24 made him a notable Director!

Surya - Job well done as actor and producer.. Triple role is well justified.

Thiru - Visuals are grand & top notch!!

Music - well supported the movie..

MINUS - Love portions are bit draggy and irritating!!

Overall - Must Watch movie!!

onirazibezegb
9th May 2016, 06:31 PM
I recently watched Vaayai Moodi Pesavum (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6217110/). It was a different movie from what Tamil movies used to be. Any comment or feedback on the movie?

ajaybaskar
9th May 2016, 08:51 PM

It takes guts for a star to act and more importantly produce a film in a genre which is quite alien to the native audience. Full credit to Suriya for accepting and making this film. Vikram Kumar has made perfect use of the budget and the stellar starcast to churn out one memorable film.

Suriya excels in the role of watchmaker Mani. He was completely at ease throughout. I am not a huge fan of his acting in such roles. But this time i was pleasantly surprised. Even though the romance portions of the film carry mixed reviews, I honestly loved it. I didn't like the Athreya role much like the other two roles. May be since it was his first attempt at negative role, it would take some time to sink in.

Among the other actors, Nithya Menen was awesome in her extended cameo. Saranya Ponvannan was perfect as Mani's mother (Mathaji as he would call her). The flashback portion and the climax involving Saranya were extremely well written. Samantha doesn't get the weightage like the other women characters in the film but still manages to impress. But the surprise package was Telugu actor Ajay Kumar as Mithran. As a trusted lieutenant of Athreya, his role lives and dies for the antagonist without any expectations in return. When was the last time we came across such a role?

The other hero of the film is cinematographer Thirru. Each frame looks like a wallpaper and the richness is maintained throughout the film. As an ARR fan, I felt 24 was one of his weakest albums in recent times. But unlike Lingaa, he compensates with a pulsating BG score.

The film is not without flaws. Few repetitive and boring lengthy dialogues tested patience. But i am sure the recent edits would've helped on that front.

24 is not a film to be missed on the big screen. The film is doing well across circuits. But only a big win will make way for more such ambitious projects. Hope it gets one!!

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

Mahen
10th May 2016, 06:05 AM
As an ARR fan, I felt 24 was one of his weakest albums in recent times.
agree..songs were average..even tried listening multiple times but still didn't work for me..even naan un song which I liked earlier sounds boring now..

rsubras
10th May 2016, 12:29 PM
As an ARR fan, I felt 24 was one of his weakest albums in recent times.

agree..songs were average..even tried listening multiple times but still didn't work for me..even naan un song which I liked earlier sounds boring now..

milliblog la 200 word koduthappave ninaichen..... this may not go down as much well nu :)

balaajee
11th May 2016, 01:56 PM
• Sawaari - No complaints, thriller blend with commedy. Thanks for not having separate flashback for Physco

• Ennul Aayiram - Directed by an assistant of A.L.Vijay | no comments

• Aviyal - Out of 4 only 2 were interesting (Aunty & Alphonse Puthren)

• Oyee - Old wine in very Old bottle

• Vetrivel - No complaints, A true SASIKUMAR movie.

NOV
11th May 2016, 02:21 PM
Kalam

Neat horror movie with haunting music and chilling sound-effects.

Barring a couple of actors, the rest are all new faces and they have done reasonably well.

Climax was superb, except I was half-expecting it. :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/13138925_10154137383962629_8382130009528278279_n.j pg?oh=14cd4908719d79baee61574c825d4316&oe=57A60E0D&__gda__=1470783602_888f05f4f4f6215f256b2d776f98780 c

rsubras
12th May 2016, 09:34 AM
Kalam

Neat horror movie with haunting music and chilling sound-effects.

Barring a couple of actors, the rest are all new faces and they have done reasonably well.

Climax was superb, except I was half-expecting it. :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/13138925_10154137383962629_8382130009528278279_n.j pg?oh=14cd4908719d79baee61574c825d4316&oe=57A60E0D&__gda__=1470783602_888f05f4f4f6215f256b2d776f98780 c

boss, kodumai......... neenga kandippa Pizza, Demonte colony lam paarthurupeenga........ but still if you liked Kalam, enna solrathu....... Pizza la irunthu story plot, set up lam konjam uruvi, demonte colony padathula vara ideas ah ( & few from aranmanai-2) konjam naduvula alli thelichu oru yawn inducing movie ah koduthirukkanga..... and the frightening aspects lam pala padathula paartha athe bittu than........ the scenes involving the land grabbing guy spending a night in the house was very lengthy and did not invoke any thrill....... and climax... idea lam good than........ but execution was plain bad...... movies like ananthapurathu veedu was much better..... konjam unga review ah reconsider pannunga :)

NOV
12th May 2016, 09:43 AM
Enakku maradhi vyaadhi nga. :)

I'll just enjoy the present. It was an entertaining movie on its own. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rsubras
12th May 2016, 01:39 PM
on its own nu paartha kooda screenplay sariyilla, may be the only reason that you felt that you liked the film is for its visuals which were good and for the climax twist (though athai sonna vithathula, it diluted the whole thing)

mexicomeat
15th May 2016, 12:44 PM
Ko2 - please avoid.

NOV
18th May 2016, 05:06 PM
Pencil

It's a intriguing murder mystery. A little amateurish.... and could have been a little more gripping.

Sri Divya is so good beside GV Prakash who is still struggling to act naturally. This was his first film incidentally.

The antagonist is Riyaz Khan/Uma's son and creates a better impression than the hero.

Overall satisfying, if you keep your expectations low.

mexicomeat
18th May 2016, 07:55 PM
Ko2 - please avoid.

signs when a director is struggling to fill 2 hours with meaningful scenes:

scene in ko2: bobby simha kindaps the cm and demands 1000 Rs to release him - now this is how the director unfolds the scene

bobby (to police): i need 1000 rs to release the cm
police contacts senior police: sir, avan 1000 rs kodutha cm release panrendu solran sir
senior police contacts minister: sir, avan 1000 rs kodutha cm release panrendu solran sir
minister: ennaya solre
senior police: aama sir, avan 1000 rs kodutha cm release panrendu solran sir
minister: unmayava solre, 1000 rs kodutha cm release panrennu solranaaa?

next scene involves a tv news channel

tv news reader: vanakkam, mudhalvarai kadathiyan 1000 rs koduthaal avarai viduthalai seyvathaga therivithu ullar.

........... and goes on and on....

NOV
18th May 2016, 08:41 PM
:rotfl:

Mahen
19th May 2016, 03:14 AM
Wonder which $&#<>^ convinced gvp to be a hero...

rsubras
20th May 2016, 11:29 AM
gvp hero and his uncle is scoring music for Rajiv menon's film..... ippa enna solreenga Mahen sir?

selvakumar
21st May 2016, 06:47 AM
gvp hero and his uncle is scoring music for Rajiv menon's film..... ippa enna solreenga Mahen sir?

Lol. Add tamanna as heroine

rsubras
21st May 2016, 12:32 PM
If you thought i was joking, I was not, it is a real news :)

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/rahman-teams-rajeev-menon-nephew-gv-prakashs-next-42076

mappi
23rd May 2016, 04:01 PM
Marudhu

http://d1ydle56j7f53e.cloudfront.net/assets/gallery/profile/rksuresh-14829/original/rk-suresh-20.jpg

After Vijay Sethupathi, RK Suresh reminds me a lot Rajini. The skin tone, the eyes, the look and above all, the energy that he transmits to the screen is blazing. He has a knack of using his neck while delivering dialogues, visible in Thata Thapattai also, which looks original. During the climax, he sits and watches Marudhu bashing his men, all the while crunching red hot pepper, this scene is a fabulous portrayal. TFI has got a villain who resembles a villain. Hope directors use him lovelily rather than giving him the same role as one of his role is a sucess. His physical strains are quite visible too, where Vishal (Marudhu) doing his usual, lifts and throws Rolex Pandian (played by RK Suresh) on the dry muddy field and Pandian does a backflip landing on his neck - this could land fatal. An obedience in alignment with character needs - Hats off RK Suresh.

After Rambha, it should be Vishal. You can miss his hits, but never his underware. He elegantly flips his 'lungi' as 'a mini-skirt in the wind'. He is physically fit and uses his height to heighten the 'angry youngman character', who really does anything his grandma asks him to do. To explain this aspect of the character, at several instances we are reminded that "he really does anything his grandma asks him to do". Plus, the villan does anything that his mentor (Radha Ravi) asks him to do - the actions are marked with eye glances between them, whereas everyone around them point that "the villan does anything that his mentor asks him to do". That's how they ride us upto the interval, where we get to see the fist action sequence in a over dramatic slow-mo. I loved the gruesomeness in these action blocks. Well, how we come to this point in the film, is after witnessing everyone slapping each one, conveyed in a humoristic manner though.

After that, comes few interesting parts - I liked the story intersections. Yet again, after another 'after this episode' episode, it's all about these two obedient men, Marudhu and Pandiayan, facing each other until the 'stunning stunt' climax. Vishal has made himself to provide us with a wonderful database of stunt sequences - Hats off Vishal & team. The supporting characters sparkle with Aruldoss and Namo Narayana perfectly rendering their cameo.

Marudhu - Madurai Leonidas

http://tamil.cinemablend.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/marudhu-2.png

NOV
31st May 2016, 05:52 PM
Idhu Namma Aalu - soora mokkai, don't waste your time. 8-)

mexicomeat
31st May 2016, 06:24 PM
Idhu Namma Aalu - soora mokkai, don't waste your time. 8-)

is it? reviews said it was super... duper...?

NOV
31st May 2016, 06:26 PM
lol

superaa? :omg:

mappi
31st May 2016, 07:37 PM
reviews said it was super... duper...?

Yaam petra inbam peruga ivvaiyagam.

kubrick
4th June 2016, 01:27 AM
Iraivi

After reading and watching all the reviews, I was kind of pumped up for this film. Huge let down especially the second half.

Why are these people trying so hard to make films that LOOK & SOUND serious and intellectual? If you cannot actually think of something deep to say just don't say, you needn't push it so hard out of your anus.

This film didn't make me feel for the characters except one. That was S.J.Suriya and only credit to the director is for casting him. That man was phenomenal at times in his character.

A fewer more drafts of the script could've made this a bearable fare. But what they have made is completely messy.

I wouldn't be blowing off so much steam over an average movie only if rest of the world wasn't trying to praise one such film as a "masterpiece".

PARAMASHIVAN
6th June 2016, 08:53 PM
Maruthu has given me "Chronic Depression " , my Dr says I wont be given any Anti depressant tablets :(

PARAMASHIVAN
8th June 2016, 03:43 PM
Velainu Vandhutta Vellaikaaran any good ?

balaajee
8th June 2016, 03:46 PM
Velainu Vandhutta Vellaikaaran any good ?

Its from DIR of Manam Kothi Paravai, Desingu Raja, Vellaikaara Durai.

If you like/love above movies GO FOR VVV...

k_vanan
8th June 2016, 03:51 PM

VVV is better than above stated movie n more like SunderC direction . 1 time watchable for comedy :)

PARAMASHIVAN
8th June 2016, 05:14 PM

I have not seen any of these :oops: , I think I will give VVV a go :)

mexicomeat
8th June 2016, 06:15 PM
VVV is better than above stated movie n more like SunderC direction . 1 time watchable for comedy :)

except for the pushpa purushan scene, i didnt find anything funny in that movie.

NOV
8th June 2016, 06:27 PM
Iraivi - Life is a big b**** party!

Peeve 1: Santhosh Narayan is hopeless in composing songs. He better just stick to BGM. (Condolences for Kabali.) ��
Peeve 2: Why censor crucial scenes when it's already rated 18? ��

Iraivi means statues of goddesses. Here the ones that have been left to rot are smuggled and sold to overseas markets where they are treasured.
A parallel is drawn with women who are neglected by men who then draw the interest of other men.

Karthik says he's heavily inspired by K. Balachander and the story indeed is KB-isque. Different women of all generations suffer the same neglect and how they cope with it is shown.

There are also tales of betrayal, friendship, murder and more.

Except for a couple of actors, the rest of them are the new-age cinema actors. Nice to see how Bobby Simha has matured as an actor.

Vijay Sethupathi is his excellent usual self and brings the laughs in the movie.

Verdict: Excellent movie minus the songs. Definitely repeat-worthy.

Mahen
9th June 2016, 06:00 AM
Agree.. Santhosh sucks when it comes to songs.. Very weird and only suits the situation in the movie.. Can never play it during long drives..

rsubras
9th June 2016, 12:50 PM
He kind of uses the same female voice i guess, in most of his films, giving a similar feel for some of his songs....... but 1 song for each film nalla than irukum for SN...... his films usually dont contain many songs i believe.......... Manithan la varum alai alaiyai song is a very nice song, catchy in the very first hear...

A.ANAND
9th June 2016, 01:38 PM
watched IRAIVI

Nalla muyarchi !kuraigal neraiya irunthalum hatss off to kartik subburaj

kudichi kudichi kudumbathaiyum pombalanggalayum thali arukkira kudigara payaluga paakka vendiya padam...

s.j suryah perfomence wooow...

A.ANAND
9th June 2016, 01:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtM-EYP7JKQ

intha song la kalakittarulla SN..

mareen
19th June 2016, 01:54 PM
Ennaku inno per irukku is a very funny film almost another tamil padam 2. GVP did well - go and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NOV
29th June 2016, 07:05 PM
Enakku Innoru Per Irukku

Enjoyed it very much - not a single moment of boredom
GV Prakash has matured as an actor.
First time no melodies in his music.
Actress is stunningly beautiful.
All in all, a joyride.

Mahen
29th June 2016, 07:31 PM
Omg nov.. You actually watched his film in cinema..

NOV
29th June 2016, 07:35 PM
Omg nov.. You actually watched his film in cinema..Yes I did, why? :think:
I have watched much more mokkai movies...

Anyway, 6pm show - more than 50 people in cinema... considering no publicity or selling power, at all..

balaajee
30th June 2016, 02:17 PM
oru naal koothu

• an honest attempt , kudos to debutante director
• Sharp dialogues
• Speaks about men & women - quite engaging & lively

PARAMASHIVAN
30th June 2016, 04:07 PM
Independence Day: Resurgence!

Wow! well work your money and time!

PARAMASHIVAN
30th June 2016, 04:09 PM
Enakku Innoru Per Irukku .. not as "Marana mokkai " as feared, an ok movie, Rajendran was hilarious ...all OK except GVP :(

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Anandhi.jpg :p

rsubras
30th June 2016, 04:50 PM
Omg nov.. You actually watched his film in cinema..

NOV is an ardent fan of GVP as a music director......... so he carried that liking to his performance as an actor as well........

NOV
30th June 2016, 05:03 PM
NOV is an ardent fan of GVP as a music director......... so he carried that liking to his performance as an actor as well........

That's a lazy conclusion.
Did I watch, much less review his earlier films?

NOV
6th July 2016, 09:23 AM
Samuthrakani's APPA - Do not miss!

Parents must trust their children. Children must trust their parents.
This is the message the movie APPA seems to convey.

Don't just raise your children - raise their standards - advice to parents.

Don't do anything that you don't want your parents to know - advice to children.

And no, APPA is hardly preachy - there is a lot of humour in every day things. With enough suspense and thrill to keep you rooted to the screen.

Some scenes may make some parents uneasy - such as the hormonal effects on the children, but what better way then to explain them to your children and let them do what comes naturally, with responsibility.

At the end of the day, we do not own the children - they are just in our custody and it is our duty to prepare them for their own lives.

APPA story is of three fathers - one who has already planned the child's life from birth right to his marriage & career. Another who fights for the right of the child to determine his own future. And the last one, who teaches his child to mind his own business and live in his own world.

At the end of the movie, even if you are a hitler, you would probably put your arms around your child.

A must-see by everyone in the family.

rsubras
6th July 2016, 01:59 PM
That's a lazy conclusion.
Did I watch, much less review his earlier films?

I dont know since i was not actively following this thread

A.ANAND
6th July 2016, 04:21 PM
appa padam paakkanum innu aasaithaan aanal paakka mudiyaatha soolnilayil ullen kaaram,anmaiyilthaan en appa kaalamaanaar...padatha paatha nichayam alunthiruven so,konjal naal aagadum...

NOV
6th July 2016, 05:07 PM
my condolences Anand
but you should still watch, as a tribute to your beloved father.

NOV
6th July 2016, 05:11 PM
Oru Melliya Kodu - suspense thrilleraam, story goes haywire and comes to a "shocking" end.

I had a hard time trying to keep awake.

Oru periya kEdu

A.ANAND
7th July 2016, 03:03 PM
நன்றி வேலண் அண்ணே..நிச்சயம் கண்டிப்பாக பாக்கனனும்..

PARAMASHIVAN
7th July 2016, 06:44 PM
appa padam paakkanum innu aasaithaan aanal paakka mudiyaatha soolnilayil ullen kaaram,anmaiyilthaan en appa kaalamaanaar...padatha paatha nichayam alunthiruven so,konjal naal aagadum...

Sorry to hear that bro ,my condolences.

balaajee
20th September 2016, 12:11 PM
KARMA tamil movie 2016 - Karma is the first Tamil movie to get an online digital release

1 hour 12 mins....good effort

mappi
13th October 2016, 08:16 PM
Rekka & Remo [2016 : Tamil : 2h20m : Romance (Action, Drama)]

Two youngsters living in distant lands are pulled towards the main objective of life - Love.

The God of Desire directly initiates romance in SK's life, whereas situation supervises Shiva to find his other half in a place he never would look for. Caught between emotions and ambitions, the two youngsters have to sail through the storms of the future, guarding their romantic episodes, as a flag swaying high in the violent winds of the present.

http://ultramoviz.com/tamil/wp-content/gallery/remo-movie-latest-stills/remo-movie-latest-stills-11.jpg

SK (Sivakarthikeyan) does a kind of dual role in the film Remo - One, an youngster who aims to become a film star and two, as a nurse named Remo. SK cross dresses to portray a 'plastic playmate' right from the shelves of Barbie doll. As adamant as he is, waiting for a break to enter into the celluloid world, he drops everything behind when he sees Kavya walking on the breezy street. From here on, his only aim is to convince her to marry him. Without any suspense, he directly jumps into a cosplay act, so that he can be as close as a nurse to the doctor Kavya, in the hospital where she is practicing medicine.

http://www.filmibeat.com/fanimg/rekka-photos-images-49665.jpg

'Treasure of the People' Vijay Sethupathi is Shiva in Rekka, whose main activity is to be the chauffer for his supportive father. He unites couples in romance or elopes those who are forced to marry, during his free time. Age is not a criteria for him, but only Love, as he even kidnaps an aged pair to celebrate their marriage anniversary, a prestigious event their family members fail to honour. A terrible situation puts him in the neighbouring city, a place widely known as 'terror' in Tamil Films, where he has to kidnap a "politician-rowdy-don-mafia-goon-godfather-killer-kingpin-etc"'s daughter. Amidst the danger, Shiva finds the girl with whom he had already decided to travel along for the rest of his life.

http://pressks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/sivakarthikeyan-remo-movie-tickets-advance-booking-online-started.jpg

In both the films, Rekka & Remo, the ladies our heroes fall in love with are already engaged. And yes, the respective grooms are not good people, thus the acts performed by Shiva & SK enlarges to a certain heroic level where not just romance but liberation of woman from the cruelties (of the society) is silently exploited.

http://cdn.ytalkies.com/illusionzmedia/uploads/2016/08/sethupathi.jpg

In Remo, a tiny episode that looks quite forced to activate a stunt sequence, plays briefly narrating an episode claiming that both kind of youngsters, one who is anti-social and the other who is sacrificial, co-exist. It all depends who really the person is and not what he is, that decides his action.

In Rekka, Shiva is suddenly caught between three women - his sister, his childhood guilt and the girl whom he loves. Inside a closed area (read elevator), he has to decide with whom he is going to walk out with - his blood relation or his life or his future. All woman in life are important and they cannot be ordered with priority, our valiant Shiva realises and from here there is no stopping him.

http://ultramoviz.com/tamil/wp-content/gallery/remo-movie-latest-stills/remo-movie-latest-stills-10.jpg

Bakiraj Kanna, the writer/director of Remo, does not shy or hide that Remo is indeed an extended work to Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) American Film based on the novel Madame Doubtfire by Anne Fine. Remo is undoubtedly Miss Doubtfire. To add the Indian Romantic flavour, Bakiraj looks at Bollywood and picks all the dew drops from Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, year 1995 SRK starrer (there is also a lyrical line in Remo 'Local Sharukh Khan' credited to Sivakarthikeyan in Remo OST). Bakiraj Kanna add nostalgic moments in his original transcript in interesting manner - one of my favourite scene in the film is when SK along with his friends (Sathish & Rajendran) tie up the nurse doll (Remo) to a street light pole and beat it with a fat piece of log; I found if quite hilarious when SK (influenced by alcohol) threatens the doll taking it seriously.

http://www.filmibeat.com/fanimg/rekka-photos-images-49673.jpg

Rathina Shiva, the writer/director of Rekka, projects his film as a parody to Okaddu, the year 2003 Mahesh Babu’s telugu film. He plays with the building blocks of his narrative, interchanging the main with the sub-plot. Rathina Shiva blows out a situation where he makes his hero Shiva casually walk in middle of a heavy population of goons. Moreover, a desperate girl running from danger readily gives her hand to a total stranger - this aspect is mercilessly explored, making Bharathi (played by Laxmi Menon), willingly walks away with Shiva. She is a mockery of the typical 'cinema girl' who is sure that the hero will save her (a well-played character). She even urges to inform her relations that she is eloping with the hero and the hero waits patiently at the door steps watching the goons at the gate. And in the end she urges the goon to put a knife around her throat to motivate the hero, a hilarious scene. Shiva throws the goons to the ground, kicks them when they bounce back, lifts them and hangs them over the electric cables. Yet again, Rathina Shiva does not shy about it, and ends the whole mind blowing sequence with an awesome dialogue, "These guys are yet to update themselves".

http://ultramoviz.com/tamil/wp-content/gallery/remo-movie-latest-stills/remo-movie-latest-stills-01.jpg

The highlight of Remo is the attire of the nurse character. The handsome SK, turns into a gorgeous young lady. SK sizzles in a nurse gown with an awesome hair-do, pink lip colours and dazzling ear rings and he (read she) looks absolutely gorgeous in a pink outfit. A tiny episode around Remo gets developed, where she (or he), starts to face the hurdles of young woman face in the society. As SK had fallen in love with Kavya, Remo gets an instant admirer too. Moreover, Remo couldn't hold on to the makeup. He suffers and searches for locker rooms to at least remove his wig. The pink beauty visits Kavya at her resident. Hesitant to embrace her mother, but hugging her father portrays the natural character versus artificial nature. Such tiny instances sound quite loud in the film which are enjoyable. There is a funny scene in the hospital where a senior attendant doubts Remo and asks him, well asks her, to examine (read medical check) an aged patient. Remo frisks him and declares the patient is clean (as in clearing a physical security check). Another aged patient stands in the line to be frisked by Remo. Such hilarious moments paints the proceedings making Remo's presence lovable in almost every scene.

http://www.filmibeat.com/fanimg/rekka-photos-images-49675.jpg

The highlight of Rekka is its stunt sequences. Wonderful acrobatics. All stunts are done real time with traditional rope tricks over cushion floored mat. The stuntmen willingly hit at whatever they are been thrown at. The climax fight happens inside a parking lot. The ring is actually the cars parked around, and few men fight with each other inside a tiny space. Not only the two villains (Harish & Kabir) and the stunt artists, but Vijay Sethupathi also crashes into a body of a car, exploding its frames and windshield and sending pieces of broken glasses around. Deadly action sequences performed with much risk and with an amazing coordination. There is a small belt knife fight which is interestingly choreographed and performed by Harish and Vijay Sethupathi. Recently I consulted a book to know about traditional martial arts to use them in one of my personal work [The Way of the Warrior: Martial Arts and Fighting Styles from Around the World by Chris Crudelli (2008)], and I was surprised to note the Taoist fighting style (sans weapons) been adapted for the stunt sequences in Rekka. During a brawl, an effective technique can be used to take the energy force of the attacking opponent and use it against him. A defence called "Push Hands" is a reflexive method where one can knock out the opponent in the brawl with just the palms and wrists using the force from the attacker himself. A fabulous portrayal of action in Rekka, think the stunt master is a fan of IP Man movie series (Chinese film on Master Yip Man starring Donnie Yen).

My Most liked scenes in Rekka & Remo:

Remo and Kavya are surrounded by henchmen. Remo turns quickly, spins and runs away, performed identic to The Mask (year 1994 American film starring Jim Carrey).

Shiva walks behind teacher Bharathi in a mall and few goons try to grab her. Shiva stops them all effortlessly, Super Style.

http://www.filmibeat.com/fanimg/rekka-photos-images-51018.jpg

Rekka & Remo, with their tangy narration envelop the audience into their story world respectively and successfully keep them entertained until the end. Reserve humour and acrobats for this weekend, and certainly not in any specific order, try to watch both the films in a cinema hall near you.

http://ultramoviz.com/tamil/wp-content/gallery/remo-movie-latest-stills/remo-movie-latest-stills-07.jpg

Rekka & Remo - Rekka of Remo (Wings of Cupid)

mappi
3rd November 2016, 07:09 PM
Kodi & Kashmora [2016 : Tamil : 2h30m : (Drama/Suspense - Horror/Epic)]

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/kashmora-audio-trailer-release-oct-7th-posters/karthi_kashmora_audio_trailer_release_oct_7th_post ers_28bb2c3.jpg

Kashmora and Kodi have much things in common, eventhough presented under two contrasting genres. The protagonists, Danush (plays Kodi & Anbu) and Karthi (enacts Kashmora & Raj Nayak), potray two different characters in respective films where one personage sports a beard. Corruption, mainly in politics (and a bit social too), is used as an important element in both these films, where Kodi fights for injustice done to his people while Kashmora absconds with the wealth of a politician. As a mild spoiler - two specific characters play a vital role between the heroes and they both are females who use a similar type of instrument to fulfil their need. Lyrically, the word "Kal Vettu" occurs in a song in each film whose music composer is Santosh Narayanan. As stated in 'Laws of Double Act', one Danush is weak while the other Karthi is valliant. Both the films were released on the same day.

The major highlight is that none can complain about the story, as both are similar. Where the films differ is the way the writer/director projects them. Fantasy movie lovers like me will embrace Kashmora, and while viewers who like watching their day to day events running on screen, called reality, will applaud for Kodi.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2016/Kodi-18304/stills/Kodi-movie-14.jpg

Kashmora is a fraud, while Kodi is a truthful person. Both are into social activities, where Kashmora tricks people to make money and Kodi gives his experience to serve people as a politician. Kodi takes his father (Karunas) as his inspiration but Kashmora works with his dad (Vivek), who is a crook too.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2016/Kashm-16534/stills/kashmora-movie-Photos2.jpg

Somewhere at the end of ACT1, Kashmora and Kodi come across an incident that changes the course of their life. Kodi stumbles upon a document that destroys the trust he had on his leader, while Kashmora ignited by greed accepts to visit a haunted mansion. Events twist their life, where Kodi fights for survival and Kashmora bleeds with fear in front of a headless ghost.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2016/Kodi-18304/stills/Kodi-movie-25.jpg

The second part of the films starts off with new images, where we see the most awaited role of Karthi "Raj Nayak" battling alone against an entire army. Anbu, the other Danush who kept himself away from violence and politics, replaces Kodi. He tries to walk and behave as his brother, when Kashmora is running away from Raj Nayak. Several blocks of information about the motives are passed on before opening the gates of climax, where our heroes have to win a final war against evil (Kashmora is supernatural while Kodi is just another human) and both the films end with someone using identic instruments to finish the show.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2016/Kashm-16534/stills/kashmora-movie-Photos3.jpg

Karthi as Kashmora and Raj Nayak is excellent. Even though the film wanders a lot in the beginning with many repetitions, it sets itself back when Kashmora enters the haunted house. The situational comedy (a broker is stuck inside the palace) fused with thrills (spirits moving around) are enjoyable. Gokul, the writer/director of Kashmora, has come up with an excellent and unique twist, a humoristic turn of events, near the end. Again, both ‘Karthis’ were excellent during the climax - that smile on Raj Nayak's face while watching the 'pocessed' Kashmora, and Kashmora stumbling to correct his mistake are genuine. The Epic parts are poetical and Chief of Army Raj Nayak taking over the kingdom plays very well. Yamini (played by Sri Divya) made me feel that I have not chosen the right movie for entertainment, but luck had favoured me, she is actually not a part of the movie at all. Madhumitha who plays the sister of Kashmora, is a by stander and I love the way she rolls her eyes. I wonder why she does not get enough oppurtunities, she can easily fill the gap left by Manorama and Kovai Sarala. "Matter Romba Fresh-a Iruiku Ji" plays the broker and says, “Kitta vanga ji”. There are few parody inside, a big one is Vivek & family hanging inside a car on a tree top. Vivek excellently gives a Harry Potter look.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2016/Kodi-18304/stills/Kodi-movie-24.jpg

There is a stunt sequence in Kodi where the brave Kodi fights local loan sharks for his not-so-brave brother Anbu. We see two Danush during the sequence. The goons are confused, but not the viewer. Danush elegantly potrays the simple differences between identical twins that allows the audience to connect with the scene and enjoy the light hearted humour. Post interval, when Anbu gets into the clothes of Kodi, we can see a mild variation in his attitude. Anbu, even though dressed like Kodi, still stays as Anbu. Hats off Danush. Durai Senthilkumar, the writer/director of Kodi, has neatly sketched his characters, esp., Rudhra (played by Trisha). There is a scene where we are introduced to the coldness of Rudhra - a triangular negotiation which she turns into her favour. Another artist as Rudra would have fitted the mould properly.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2016/Kashm-16534/stills/kashmora-movie-Photos1.jpg

Both the films stammer a bit, as the protagonist are mere puppets to the plot. Surprise characters attack the scenes and suddenly become the narrators who actually advance the plot. The directors then struggle to give a motive and make the heroes accomplish a forced activity. A brothers saga shifts when an egg vendor Malathi (played by Anupama) suddenly talks about sick people. Magically the plot of Kodi gets fixed here and turns into a motive for other characters. Rathna Mahadevi jumps into the scene, sits on a horse back and sings with Raj Nayak before disappearing as fast as she entered. An important character which introduces the film Kashmora loses its importance at the end (I wonder how many took note of it). Such debates shall be on to find out why both the films, even though entertaining, does not ignite an interest to watch the proceedings. But such instances will be long forgotten once the actual story kicks in and both the film makers have done a neat job in their presentation.

http://kollywoodbench.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Kodi-Dhanush-Red-Shirt-Mass-Look-Stills.jpg

Kashmora is made with the seriousness from Rowthiram, and the humour from Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara, and Kodi is a mix of the ambition in Ethir Neechal and suspense in Kakki Sattai.

Hoist Kodi on Saturday and delight your Sunday with Kashmora.

Kashmora & Kodi – High Spirits

PARAMASHIVAN
7th November 2016, 05:44 PM
Have not watched Kashmora, but Kodi is worth a watch! Felt Nayanthara would been a better choice than Trisha in that role.

mappi
1st January 2017, 04:13 PM
Year 2016

The year 2016 has my favourite actor's film 'Kabali' as it crown, yet, 2016 marks itself as a dark year for Tamil Cinema, mainly for lack of competent directors.

Fabulous stories were ruined and even when screen writing moved ahead, it was not well supported by the director. The year saw no variety in female leads and lacks new faces, which made the year seemingly dull. Youngsters are always the boost for any environment and they paint an energetic colour to the industry.

Before listing out (my) top ten films of the year 2016, here is a special mention to 24, Saithan & Iru Mugham. Drug Valkyr produced under Project Valhalla by Aesir Corporation in the fiction Max Payne is the prime theme adapted in the movies Saithan & Iru Mugam. Hats off to Prathi Krishnamurthy & Anand Shankar for bringing in such stories to TFI, both films work well under Sci-Fi genres. 24's time travel theme was refreshing, but all the three films diluted the core substance with their over dosage of cultural elements that did not match with the theme, resulting in decreasing the momentum of the narration respectively. The directors should start working on identifying the lag in the script and take measures to either correct them or remove them completely from the screenplay.

10/ Kashmora (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11897-Films-recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1310579&viewfull=1#post1310579)
Written & Directed by Gokul

A remarkable film that used much of digital cinema technics. The headless ghost of Raaj Nayak talking and fighting are the major highlights of the films. Kashmora enters into long shot list in TFI, when the Bhai visits Kashmora who walks him through the interior of his mansion up to the exit door on the other end, all the while dressing himself up. The only film this years in which I found the dialogues been well written & spoken.

09/ Jil Jung Juk (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11897-Films-recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1284709&highlight=%282016#post1284709)
Written & Directed by Deeraj Vaidy

A film under my favourite genre, Jil Jung Juk was fabulously narrated and picturised. The fictional situations and the characters reaction correlated with each other. The interval block and the pre-climax shootout were well presented.

08/ Manithan (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11897-Films-recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1294389&highlight=%282016#post1294389)
Directed by Ahmed

A faithful adaptation of a Bollywood film which succeeds after a line of disastrous remake films results. Apart from the known characters, what clicks in the film is its casting. Right from Udhayanidhi to Raja Rishi, all the artists suited to the story and have given applause worthy performance. Santosh Narayanan's Aval & Poi Vazhva provides the needed revelations that the narration demands.

07-06/ Rajini Murugan (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?12016-Pongal-2016&p=1281757&viewfull=1#post1281757), Remo (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11897-Films-recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1309521&viewfull=1#post1309521)
Writen & Directed by Ponram / Bakkiyaraj Kannan

An all-in-all film, stabilising the new category called "A Sivakarthikeyan Film", a style that the artist masters while delivering a complete entertainment under a rural and/or urban backdrop.

05-04-03/ Kadhalum Kadandhu Pogum (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10374-News-on-Vijay-Sethupathi-The-man-among-us&p=1287834&highlight=Kadhalum+Kadandhu+Pogum#post1287834), Iraivi (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?12102-IRAIVI-A-flim-by-Karthik-Subbaraj&p=1298634&viewfull=1#post1298634), Sethupathi (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10374-News-on-Vijay-Sethupathi-The-man-among-us&p=1285511&highlight=sethupathi+%282016#post1285511)
Writen & Directed Nalan Kumarasamy / Karthik Subbaraj / Arun Kumar

Ka Ka Ka Po, a remake of a foreign film, sees Vijay Sethupathi as a depressed man looking for his future. His life crosses with an intelligent girl, and the hero learns a major lesson through her - how to pick up the right choice in life. A matured tale of love painted with emotions and stroked with relationships, Kadhalum Kadandhu Pogum is a sweet tale of romance caught in the rain of sorrow.

Iraivi, which features Vijay Sethupathi amoung various other artists, showcases another world within an existing one, where people, irrespective to their gender, not only live to eat & drink, but are pulled and massacred by their own desires.

Sethupathi, a police story that I enjoyed the most after Vikram starrer Sami. Vijay Sethupathi appeals generously as a Police officer and the highlight of the film is its gripping tale - a self-investigation where the consciousness has to find ways to prove its existence and then, its innocence.

02/ Zero (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11897-Films-recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1289923&highlight=%282016#post1289923)
Written & Directed by Shiv Mohaa

One good feature of the Year 2016 is that it provided multi-perspective films based on women and the role they play in monitoring a platform. Zero-the film, goes ahead and talks about a newly married couple where the wife is locked inside her own mind while living inside closed doors. The walls and doors play a major role to illustrate a caged situation of woman where she had to fight both the horrors - the self and the other. Spiritually set high, Zero-the film adapts several biblical materials and projects them in a non-preachy manner.

01/ Tharai Thappattai (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?12016-Pongal-2016&p=1281726&viewfull=1#post1281726)
Written & Directed by Bala

One other reason for the year 2016 to be quite dull is absence of a commanding villain, the one who stands before the hero and looks straight in his eyes with a crooked smile on his face. The only film this year which had a solid villain is Tharai Thappattai. But unfortunately the film was judged for its violent content rather than taking in the impact a film work can deploy on its viewers. Tharai Thappattai talks about a society where several cultural values are sold for a materialistic price, including art and human behaviour - an outstanding fictional work of the Year 2016.

To summarise, the films released in the Year 2016 wanted more for itself than the next film that they ate out each other. It also punctuates the need for good directors who can handle the same materials differently that light up curiosity.

As usual, I had fun talking about films here and I wish all the artists, technicians, film makers and the members of this community success.

Year 2016 - Vanity Fair

NOV
1st January 2017, 04:44 PM
Dhuruvangal 16

One of the best mystery movies in recent times.

An accident, a suicide a missing girl..... 16 characters... 16 hours... 16 elements....

The momentum is kept throughout the movie, until the end when the shocking truth is revealed. Just 1 hour 45 mins with no songs, no romance, no fights... but plenty of action.

21 year old director Karthick Naren, pieces all threads neatly without any loose ends.

Brilliant background music enhances the cinematic experience.

Screenplay is excellent.... halfway through and you have no idea where the story is heading. Not once did I check my phone... that intriguing it was... 😁

If you love mysteries, whodunits, psychological thrillers.... this movie is certainly for you...!

mappi
1st January 2017, 04:58 PM
Dhuruvangal 16 did not release here. The trailer and the background score in it was slendid. Looking forward to watch the film when its out on DVD (or any other good copy). The producers should seriously think about Video On Demand under a secure web portal.

NOV
1st January 2017, 05:04 PM
You would love it Karthik... it's a movie that's so well made justifying the medium.
A cinema lovers dream.

mappi
31st March 2017, 03:19 AM
Pambu Sattai [2017 : Tamil : 2h15m : Drama]
Written & Directed by Adam Dassan

Banner : Picture House

Starring : Kreethy Suresh, Banu, Bobby Simha, K. Rajan, Rajendran, Guru Somasundaram, Charlie & R.V. Udhayakumar

http://mimg.sulekha.com/tamil/pambu-sattai/images/stills/pambu-sattai-01.jpg

The Self alone, the Sole Reality, Exists for ever.

Sanaka, Sanandana, Sanatana and Sanatkumara requested the Supreme to teach them methods to eradicate Maya (illusion). The four gathered around a man who was seated under a banyan tree. He introduced himself to them as the destroyer of ignorance and the four men asked him several questions. Initially the Q&A session was proceeding well, but suddenly the replier refused to answer any more questions and went into a deep silence. The four men sat down before him in silence too. In that calmness they united with their Self and were surprised to get the answers to their own questions. As they were building questions, Anjana (Ignorance) made them poke several more queries. The Devine Silence produced by the Devine Soul liberated them from their ignorance, and they called him Daksina.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2015/Paambhu-Sattai-Stills/stills/Paambhu-Sattai-Stills-04.jpg

Snake Plissken is one of my favorite fictional characters (created by John Carpenter / Nick Castle). Decoding his nature, by aggregating Snake's features and traits, reveals the reason behind the given name. After decades, Adam Dasan in his premier directorial has come up with an excellent title - Pambu Sattai, simply put Snakeskin.

Daksina (a wonderful name), living with his widowed relative (Anni), falls in love with Veni, a young lady working in export garmenting. Her father, a sanitation worker (high time our government takes measures to replace humans with machines for such job descriptions) objects the marriage pointing at the community which has judged Daksina cohabitation with his relative as sexual union. To jump out of the ugly mouths of the society, Daksina searches for a good-hearted man to marry his Anni. During this event, money introduces itself as the main obstacle, which in return poses a problem from the unison of the young couple. The shadow of money, acting as the original, seduces Daksina by taunting him with measures that could get him all that he desires. Hesitant to take the path that was not meant for him to travel, Daksina slowly gets pushed onto the unlit lanes where his regret is quickly overtaken by survival.

Pambu Sattai is a well-directed film. Snake, as in the title, is also painted as a primary shade around the character Daksina. While moulting its skin, a snake undergoes several psychological shifts - blindness, irritation, aggressivity, etc. Daksina, wonderfully portrayed by Bobby Simha, floats on the waves of such effects while the film progresses. He is blinded by greed; he becomes ignorant to righteousness; he is triggered by anger; and finally, he turns calm when he sheds off the hesitance and slithers gradually towards his nemesis. The director also jots an ancient saying "Kala suthuna pambu kadikama vidathu" while showcasing the conflict between Daksina and Shanmugam, a trader in counterfeit goods, authentically enacted by K. Rajan. Post climax, the final snake connection "Pambin kaal pambariyum" is indicated, where the writer attaches it to the backstory of Daksina - the younger brother knowingly or unknowingly had crawled on the same tracks of his elder brother. Hats off Adam Dasan.

As soon opening of the film flashed, I was certain that I am going to watch an excellent movie. Parthiban's Sugamana Sumaigal (1992) talks about the struggle of a family man and looks deeps into the measures he takes to acquire money. Similarly, Daksina runs around to gather wealth, and the same smiling paper projects to him the dark traits of life.

Bobby Simha plays the cheerful young man in search of fortune. He is certain about uncertainty and does not hesitate to fire questions. During his expedition, his questions and morality converts into angry and makes him sit in silence. There is a steep variation in the character throughout the film, and every moment was well enacted by Bobby Simha - he truly emotes. His accent is kind of catchy and his grin looks natural.

http://img.nowrunning.com/content/movie/2015/Paambhu-Sattai-Stills/stills/Paambhu-Sattai-Stills-12.jpg

I have nothing to say about Keerthy Suresh (plays as Veni), simply because she is not a type I would want to watch for a hefty runtime. But I did find that she has imitated Catherine Tresa's Kalaiselvi character from the movie Madras (2014). The film making too closes up with another work, Cuckoo (2014), in both music and the ambience. The film shifts elegantly inside a social environment captured by K.G. Venkatesh, which is cut (editor : S.P. Raja Sethupathi) and polished brilliantly in post-production.

Actor Charlie puts up his trade mark expressions and uses his sunken voice during pathetic situations. Guru Somasundaram straightens up after his atrocious mannerisms in Yaakkai (2017). He carries himself well as Rajendran, a broker working for Shanmugam. K. Rajan as the villain devoid sympathy. His casual dialogue delivery adds to the lack of feeling. He reminded me of the cold-hearted character Chidambaram from Agni Natchathiram (1988) played by Anand theatre owner G.Umapathy. There is couple of henchmen named Ravi and Samy and the artists have put up a neat performance. I look forward to the compositions of Ajesh, lovely music arrangements. "Kanavugalaal Kalaindhomey" sung by Madhu Balakrishnan and written by Yugabharathi is a sad and soulful song, which are very rare these days.

Even though Adam Dassan has narrated his story professionally, I felt it had more voice in picture. I understand that sometimes the script defines such narrative - for instance, in Iraivi (2016), Karthik Subbaraj enlarges the characters psychology through random scenes, but he stammers to elaborate Jagan's character. Unlike the Arul and Michel, Jagan expresses himself inside a closed room, converting the part of the narration as an inner monologue. Adam Dassan should tighten his expression and provide more events embedded in the images of the motion picture.

Pambu Sattai is neither an action film nor a thriller nor a crime movie. It is an elegantly paced Drama, similar to our awesome movies of the 70s and 80s where tragedy follows the characters throughout the film, yet, the movie explores life and the experiences without dashing too much on the hurdles.

Pambu Sattai - Ceasing Thoughts

mexicomeat
2nd April 2017, 10:02 AM
You would love it Karthik... it's a movie that's so well made justifying the medium.
A cinema lovers dream.

see the templemonkeys video on youtube on D16 vs S3 - funny

A.ANAND
5th April 2017, 03:01 PM
kavan the best entertainer movie of the year...welldon KVA...inime super singer,sun singer,neeya naana progrem paapikkingala...kilichi thongga vittu klip maatitanungga..

mappi
22nd April 2017, 04:17 AM
kavan the best entertainer movie of the year

If you are interested in political thrillers-courtroom drama, checkout John Madden's Miss Sloane starring Jessica Chastain. The film also has my favourite actor Mark Strong.

Miss Solane is highly identic to Kavan, packed with explosive dialogues during television debate. The film explores influence and lobbying, quite a rare premesis just like hangman stories. Be cautioned that there are no explosions or car chases or over the top action segements, but just nectared drama directed as an anticipation and suspense film.

mappi
22nd April 2017, 04:33 AM
Kadamban [2017 : Tamil : Action : 2h20m]
Written & Directed by Raghava

Banner : Super Good Films & The Show People.

Starring : Catherine Tresa, Arya, YG Mahendra, Deepraj Rana, Murugadoss & others

I got this story from someone who had no business in the telling of it - Edgar Rice Burroughs (Tarzan of the Apes )

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i2PslDwHyZI/WBrWI3o9TtI/AAAAAAAAO8c/agpbOW0lQtQpCG-jNTkGM3oEf2OcxCAlACLcB/s1600/kadamban-6.jpg

A scientific team working for a business tycoon unearths limestone outcrops, the primary raw material for manufacturing cement, inside a rich forest. To exploit the natural resource, the industrialist opts crooked ways to vacate the aboriginal people from the forest. When all his attempts fail, he uses brutal force on the indigenous peoples. A group of natives are left stranded after the massive attack and with the mercy of the forest whom they consider as their prime power source, a set of valiant warriors write a heroic story of survival and tragedy by challenging the armed forces using nature's weapons.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/kadamban-movie-stills/kadamban-movie-stills-arya-catherine-tresa-7408c5b.jpg

The entire film looks like a 'Go Green' campaign. There is green everywhere (including the visuals produced utilizing green screen technology). There are couple of breath taking moment like the opening of the film and the climax fight. As the hero, Arya worked out well but as an actor, he puts up a 'Rambo-ish' face and utters the same dialogues the same way extraordinarily! He hangs upside down one legged, rolls over twigs and dry leaves, elegantly vaults across dead branches, swings, jumps, crawls, swims - well, every action that Tarzan does in his sleep. Hats off Arya.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/kadamban-movie-stills/kadamban-movie-stills-arya-catherine-tresa-230b111.jpg

The couple (Catherine Tresa plays the female lead) looks good together, but they do not mingle well with the forest crowd. They look like tourists accidently caught up in a wrong turn. Catherine once again caught my attention with her seductive eyes and provocative lips. She naturally uses them together and when she does that, she looks hot. Bonus : There is a song under the rain where much care is taken to see to that Catherine's wet clothes and Arya's hug are identical.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/kadamban-movie-stills/kadamban-movie-stills-arya-catherine-tresa-2aa33e1.jpg

I would like to know the name of the artist who plays Arya's father, please.

Yuvan's theme for the Villain is catchy. The film is neatly edited camouflaging well the indoor sets with the outdoor location. The color corrections, especially green and teal, are well done without losing the natural glossiness of the artists. The camera work is energetic while filming Arya and fight sequences. Stunts are excellent (but they could have avoided a bunch of henchmen emptying the bullets from automatic rifles all at once and then, trigger pull empty before looking at each other in most miserable awe - Result : get stampede by elephants; a lesson for those who are looking for 'social messages' in films).

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/kadamban-movie-stills/kadamban-movie-stills-arya-catherine-tresa-6052a34.jpg

The director, Raghava, tries to imitate the directorial of Mel Gibson by forcing families to separate, manhandling kids and zooming on a woman's body during pregnancy - the bunch of sacred gimmicks to create an illusionary sympathy - (I don't take stuffed empathy). Raghava then turns towards Thai action star Tony Jaa's elephant fight sequence from the film Ong Bak 2 and looks at Caesar (Planet of Apes) to sketch his principle character Kadamban. The best part comes when drones replace the helicopter invasion of Apocalypse Now. His movie, Kadamban, is a majestic effort put together with immense cooperation from the artists and technicians. A nicely produced film, else it would have looked like a B movie from the eighties.

I would easily recommend Kadamban to fans like myself who have a fixation towards exploitation films (lured content). A film where one can walk out and join back again anytime without missing out anything during the brief absence - a friendly film that repeats itself between the Acts.

Kadamban is a cool afternoon-couch-movie, whose goal is to entertain, and Kadamban strikes.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Jm73OtqQxtU/WOhjgCESeJI/AAAAAAAAeTE/Nr-O8NmIytgg5saawRMYQ8TOCsMMwJT2QCLcB/s1600/kadamban-3.jpg

Kadamban - Strongest Branch

mappi
2nd July 2017, 05:12 AM
Maragadha Naanayam - The Curse of the Green Gemstone

Written & Directed by ARK Saravan

[Tamil: 2017: Fantasy: 2h15m]

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/872146MaragadhaNaanayam1.jpg

Maragadha Naanayam, a medallion with an emerald stone embedded in it, is a cursed jewel. For several centuries, adventurers and collectors who had come across the jewel did not live long to talk about the sparkling green gemstone; anyone who possessed the Maragadha Naanayam met up with similar death - ran over by an iron truck. Considering the stone curse as a myth and evaluating the death as mere accidents, Senguttuvan and Elango, a pair of small time crooks, decide to reap fortune by finding the medallion. Set in search of the precious stone, they quickly realise that few things are beyond human comprehension and control; thus they seek a help of a sorcerer who guides them to get the stone without getting them into trouble. But the sorcerer's troubleless process becomes troublesome when four unnatural characters join them in their treasure expedition.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-6edd566.jpg

Daniel Annie Pope and Muruganandam, the woderful duo who provided a humor feast in the movie, Ithuku Thaan Assaipattaiya Balakumara (2013), feature in this film too, but they hardly have much scenes together. Muruganandam, who recently played the middleman in real estate business in the film Kashmora (2016), is a super-macho gangster working for his mob boss ‘Twinkle’ Ramanathan portrayed by Anandraj, while Daniel (who played the character Tip Top in Rangoon [2017]) picks the role of Elango, the assosiate of Senguttuvan, performed by Adhi, the protagonist of the film.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-643e6ac.jpg

Writer-Director ARK Saravan symbolizes greed with Maragadha Naanayam, and at every instance the medallion pops up on screen, he attentively catches the excess longing and selfishness without putting in much stress but intelligently infusing it, rather diluting it within humor. The iron truck portrays gluttony, the hunter of the gluttonous love of money, well, mentioning it for those who would like to pick up such things on the way while being entertained. I assure there is much more inside the film other than just being a hunt for a green jewel.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-932a2ae.jpg

Recently I watched an Argentinean film White Coffin (2016) [will certainly not recommend it to many for its explicit content]. I liked the way the director Daniel De La Vega treated his screenplay to fit into a road movie, where as the story deals about Religious Cults. White Coffin has nothing to do with Maragadha Naanayam, but I was amazed to see Saravan bending a treasure hunt movie into a road movie while it draws itself towards the climax. Its then he punches that the whole film was indeed a road movie, without sticking much into the locations or destinations. It is very difficult to communicate such a variance while providing limited knowledge to the spectators. The shift was cool.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-40fe435.jpg

Maragadha Naanayam is one among the rare films that made me wish to take a bloody afternoon; to sit; watch and analyse it – the film gets a spot in my ‘awesome movie’ collection. The philosophy of the film Maragadha Naanayam is based on the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, where Saravan does not preach but silently inverses their meaning by allowing his characters to project the conception of good and evil, stuck together with 'something from beyond'.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-86f0624.jpg

A motion comic block tells the back-story of Maragadha Naanayam, crisply narating the tale of Irumburai Arasan - I am sucker of Raja stories. Normally there will be a great influence of Indiana Jones or Allan Quatermain when it comes to treasure hunts. Maragadha Naanayam deals more about the characters who indulge in the search and less about the search itself. The revelation is done in the beginning itself, giving the details on the whereabouts of the searched item, thus, declining the main purpose of mystery.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-8363642.jpg

There are many excellent performances throughout the film from almost all the artists who were part of the movie. Most dialogues for Anandraj are picked up from the shooting spot itself and were effortlessly inserted into the scenes. He casually mouths lines on filming process that sync well with the proposed situation. While the credits run, where they were showing the bloopers, Anandraj casually says to Muruganandham "Nee Frame out". Imagine such dialogues are not only in a bloopers video but inside the mainstream itself; hilarious ones.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-81d2f9a.jpg

The four mystified characters are what that will give this film its popularity among contemporary cinema. Without even a bit of a struggle, Saravan drops them as the mid film twist, and then carry forward his narration by brilliantly splitting the information he wishes to deliver among these four. Music by Dhibu Ninan Thomas is enthralling. Already addicted to the songs, was glad to catch them illustrated inside an excellent visual narrative. I still got the song ‘Aasai’ sung by Sharanya Gopinath stuck to my playlist. The flow of the background score aligns itself with the narratives giving much space for the characters to perform, and casually takes over establishing its main purpose, esp. towards the climax where the sounds are brilliantly mixed with dialogues, appropriate noises and ‘Kottai Aanda Arasan’ single from the movie's OST.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-700774f.jpg

Our movies are rapidly getting into a time box much smaller to fit it inside. Maragadha Naanayam is bitten by the time bug, not permitting the film to explore much the (wonderful) characters. An in depth view of the four special characters, (personally I would like to see more of Twinkle & his gang; Tamil Ayya played by Sangli Murugan; thought this character added a lot of flavor to the film) would have added more fun to an already exhilarating film. Such films should be released under two versions - Producer's Cut & Director's Cut.

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills/maragatha-naanayam-movie-stills-aadhi-nikki-galrani-4d824d3.jpg

Maragadha Naanayam is a wonderful film that oscillates in phase with humor and thrills.

Maragadha Naanayam - Runners & Chasers

NOV
18th September 2017, 07:00 AM
Thupparivaalan - The Detective

Director Mysskin is the real hero of this detective movie!
He pays tribute to Sherlock Holmes/Hercule Poirot genre and even has a sidekick ala Watson/Hastings.

A chance investigation on a random killing of a dog, leads to the unraveling of multiple murders disguised as accidents.

With no songs, 2.5 hours may seem lengthy, but this is not an edge of seat thriller. Rather, it's a game of intelligence and deductions. And Mysskin handling of the theme, is classic!

Performance all round, from major to minor, has been excellent and once again it's proven that in the hands of an able Director, even the mediocre actor performs. ��

Go watch for the sake of Mysskin at least, especially if you are a fan of classic detective stories.

☆☆☆☆

mappi
22nd October 2017, 04:40 PM
Meyatha Maan [2017 : Tamil : 2h15m : Romance (Muscial)]

Written & Directed by Rathna Kumar

Produced by Kaarthekeyen Santhanam

Banner: Stone Bench Films

Music: Santhosh Narayanan & Pradeep

Starring: Priya Bhavani Shankar, Indhuja, Vaibhav Reddy, Vivek Prasanna & Arun Prasad

[B]Content Warning: frequent suicidal ideation, some sexuality (in theme), alcohol use, occasional strong language and racist comments.

Pray you do not think me unworthy of your ear; it was your beauty that turned me statue. I can speak Fair Lady, will you hear me if I speak Love?
- Ever touching! And will you give me hope of future happiness?
That, as I shall find you. The fort that's yielded at the first assault is hardly worth the taking.

From The Great Duke of Florence (1627), Genre: Tragicomedy, by english dramatist Philip Massinger (1583 – 1640).

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/meyatha-maan-movie-stills/actor-vaibhav-reddy-in-meyatha-maan-movie-stills.jpg

The needs are same of everyone. Only the priorities vary, leading to become judgemental and forcing to conclude affairs according to the priorities of the individual. This happens all the time, each second of the day, where two individuals see the same situation differently - one is desperately in need and for the other, it’s not the his need of the hour. Meyadha Maan is based on this social theory, where the characters share bitterness with each other as and when they prioritise their needs - the same need which is inbalanced on the same scale as seen by each other.

I usually distance myself from Romance genre, but I watched Meyatha Maan for few reasons - I simply can't ignore Karthik Subbaraj; the tag line - Rayapuram La La Land (I haven't seen La La Land either, but the tag was catchy); for the worderful music and finally for Vaibhav Reddy & Vivek Prasanna.

The initial 20 minutes of Meyaadha Maan is a resumption of Ratna Kumar's short film 'Madhu'. Sananth Reddy (Jil Jung Juk, 2016) who plays Kumar in Madhu is replaced by Vaibhav Reddy as 'Idhayam' Murali in Meyaadha Maan, while his friend Vinodh played by Vivek Prasanna is retained. Then the fresh piece of story - Life of Madhu and Murali - starts one year after the actual break up event.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/meyatha-maan-movie-stills/meyaadha-maan-movie-stills.jpg

Murali is a 'bandman', organising light music for social events. He is also a silent lover of Madhu. He convinces himself to let go his three years of strong feelings for her after hearing to her insults. Leading a life, morally supported by his sister and friend, Murali slowly starts to wipe out his past when his path crosses with Madhu again. He is stroked with retribution where he urges himself to be successful and show Madhu how bright his life is without her by his side. His collapsed life starts to tremble with insults and pain when his relationship strengths with Madhu. An emotional battle reigns between them leading to war of hearts which is won by none. Or is it Murali who is fighting to lose?

Meyatha Maan comes as a delicious meal for the formula movie programmed mind. The film is excellently realistic, touchingly human and very well directed. Hats off Rathna Kumar. The humour present in the writing is carefully translated to the screen. The dialogues, short and funny, are found everywhere. I don't know why, any joke on Harry Potter gets me going for a while. You got a Harry Potter mention in this movie too.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Meyatha-Maan-audio-release-today.jpg

Vaanavil thediye Oru minnalai adainthen

The team has sucessfully exhibited their story envelloped inside a soul stiring music. When 'Rathina Katti' echoes inside the dark cinema hall, the bright screen lightens up the mind triggering a sort of fabulous emotion. The song connects the mood with the characters through its tremndrous placement and exceptional pictorisation. Another melody low in its tempo, 'Megamo Aval', glitters within the suituation. There is a wonderful whistling inside this song.

Alli sinthum azhagin thuligal uyiril pattu urulum.
Vasamilla mozhiyil idhayam ethayo ularum.
Illai avalum endre unarum Nodiyil idhayam irulum.
Aval paatha suvadil Kanneer malargal uthirum.
Megamo Aval ...

'Nee Mattum Podhum' that embraces Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy, and 'Enna Naan Seiven' fall as tiny stones sending wrinkles on the shallow mind. 'Thangachi Song' and 'En Vettu Kuthu Villake' richly describes relationships. And the grand finale 'Address Song' is filled with humour. Been a while I had come across such a funny song sequnece [last one I enjoyed / still enjoy is Petta Rap from Kadhalan (1994) composed by ARR]. Other than the OST, there are few IR songs used in the film ... Then Madurai Vaigai Nathi Dhinam Paadum Tamizh Paatu ...

Hats off Santosh Narayanan, Pradeep & Vivek.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/meyatha-maan-movie-stills/priya-bhavani-shankar-vaibhav-reddy-in-meyaadha-maan-movie-stills.jpg

Vaibhav shows great amout of enthusiasm as Idhayam Murali. He is impressive while emoting or adapting to the need of the suituation, and the same time he is funny during reaction shots. There is this tiny sequence 'Adal udan Padalai Kettu' playing on a gramophone. The way he rolls his eyes to conceal the suition is exceptional. He also does a lot of body movements to integrate the sensitivity and demand of the circumstances. I am very glad for Vaibhav as his performance has turned out to prove his soaring scale as an actor. Vivek Prasanna, just like Kali Venkat, Ramesh Thilak and Karunakaran, is a born artist. These guys are a bright substitute to irreplaceable artists like Nasser. He delivers the speech by bringing out the needed emotions in his voice is apt. The way he carries himself during the circumstances which are not his set of affairs, but he is working for the upliftment of Murali, are very best. The energy they both have given during the hospital scene is massive. Hats off Vaibhav & Vivek Prasanna. Arun Prasad expresses his friendship delicately. He is the one who often runs around, poor fellow. The film resembles a lot to 'Enakku Vaaitha Adimaigal' (2017), strictly when talking about the efforts Kishore and Vinodh take to protect Murali.

A special mention to Nithyaraj who plays as a mechanic aid in Vinodh's workshop. Nithyaraj acted in Put Chutney's promotional video of Jil Jung Juk as the tea boy. Eventhough I am against Child Labour, I must accept the reality too, but keep on working for betterment of the human condition. Children must be happy and should go to school. Only through higher eduction we can eliminate social conflicts. Anyway, every dialogue uttered by Nithyaraj attains a cult status - True kalvettu inscriptions. His Theory of Love is phenomenal. Hats off kid.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/meyatha-maan-movie-stills/actor-vaibhav-reddy-in-meyaadha-maan-movie-stills.jpg

Eventhough I felt Shraddha Srinath (as I like her) would have been just fine as Madhu, Priya Bhavani Shankar is an express of surprise. Her tiny facial reactions are taunting and the chudidhars she wears are fabulous. Indhuja uses her eyes effectively to express her thoughts. She is a volcano that can erupt with mixed emotion when need may rise - Excellent performance by the lead actresses.

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/meyatha-maan-movie-stills/actress-priya-bhavani-shankar-in-meyaadha-maan-movie-stills.jpg

https://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/meyatha-maan-movie-stills/meyaadha-maan-movie-actress-priya-bhavani-shankar-stills.jpg

Meyatha Maan is a gem in the rough. Hats off Karthik Subbaraj.

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/448434MM2017Poster.jpg

Meyatha Maan - Trap of Love

NOV
3rd November 2017, 04:45 PM
AVAL
Horror movie... supposedly as scary as the original Exorcist .... ������

One of the better horror movies of recent times; certainly better than Conjuring.

The movie starts without the usual credits (a first for Tamil movies) and gets into the business straight away.

Unlike many movies of this genre, the screenplay is very pacy and you don't really feel the length despite of it being 2 hours plus (with no songs).

The movie gets very intense towards the end... am not going to spoil it for you.

Go watch in the cinema, unless you have heart ailments. ��

https://scontent-kut2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23167547_10155777203422629_8281145831974625273_n.j pg?oh=17f9b3a0a7a960d7a49161284e5a203a&oe=5A6824F7

mappi
10th July 2018, 01:21 PM
I would appreciate hearing your opinion on :

1/ Tik Tik Tik (2018)
- Why did the 'annonymous caller' try to assasinate Swathi (Nivetha Pethuraj) ?
- What is the backdrop behind this 'sniper shooter' episode ?

2/ Iravukku Aayiram Kangal (2018)
- The Ending. After the murder mystery is closed (just as Bharath wished it to be solved), he receives a call from Vyjayanthi, the author.
- What is the significance of 'Vyjayanthi' character ?
- What is the clue that I should read from the title of her new book ?

Thank you.

NOV
7th February 2019, 11:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nk7bEYIA7c

NOV
7th February 2019, 11:14 PM
Peranbu

I knew that it was going to be an uncomfortable movie... after all it was about the relationship between a father and his spastic daughter... but was not prepared to be thoroughly disturbed by it.

The movie begins with the premise that you don't know how blessed you are... and proves it every 15 mins.

Everyone who thinks their life is miserable, should watch this internationally acclaimed movie... and in the cinema too.... as you won't last 30 mins at home, before you switch off your TV.

This was the longest 2.5 hours in my life... and seriously I couldn't wait for the movie to end. And to think Paradesi was depressing.

Don't let all these stop you from watching the movie... it's top-notch and deserves every praise it is receiving.

But be prepared for in-the-face addressing of taboo issues.

Don't miss!

dell_gt
9th July 2019, 11:40 AM
Peranbu

I knew that it was going to be an uncomfortable movie... after all it was about the relationship between a father and his spastic daughter... but was not prepared to be thoroughly disturbed by it.

The movie begins with the premise that you don't know how blessed you are... and proves it every 15 mins.

Everyone who thinks their life is miserable, should watch this internationally acclaimed movie... and in the cinema too.... as you won't last 30 mins at home, before you switch off your TV.

This was the longest 2.5 hours in my life... and seriously I couldn't wait for the movie to end. And to think Paradesi was depressing.

Don't let all these stop you from watching the movie... it's top-notch and deserves every praise it is receiving.

But be prepared for in-the-face addressing of taboo issues.

Don't miss!

not prepared yet to go through this movie!

WriterV
29th June 2022, 03:40 AM

"Ayngaran"
Story: Mathimaaran (played by GV Prakash Kumar) is an inventor, but he is struggling to find success. But when a terrible incident occurs, he may be the one to save the day.
This is a low-budget film, and it shows.
The presentation was a bit amateur-ish.
Still, reasonably entertaining. But I didn't watch this one in the theatre, I watched it on aha (streaming platform).
5 out of 10. Watch it if you have nothing else to do.
I don't know if this film was "worthy of some discussion", but there's not much discussion happening here... I just wanted to create a little activity here, that's why I thought I'd post this 'review'.