PDA

View Full Version : KATHTHI aka Kathiresan - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA | ANIRUDH - PART 2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Russellpme
14th November 2014, 10:35 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
#Vijay58 - the film just commenced and already one area sold out, another important area likely to be sold soon #Kaththieffect?

Russellpme
14th November 2014, 10:36 PM
Sakthi Theater,Tpr @Sakthicinemas · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
#vijay58 coimbatore area rights brought by @SivaCosmo Cosmo Village picture .Mr.Siva..Today signed for his Theatrical rights for cbe.

Russellpme
14th November 2014, 10:37 PM
Kornerseat @Kornerseat · 37 mins 37 minutes ago
#Kaththi is the 3rd biggest Tamil hit in UK. #Kaththi25thday

Russellpme
14th November 2014, 10:39 PM
Kornerseat @Kornerseat · 8 mins 8 minutes ago
#Kaththi running in nearly 15 screens in it's 4th week across Sri Lanka. #Kaththi25thday

Russellpme
14th November 2014, 10:40 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1 · 41 mins 41 minutes ago
#Kaththi Final UK BO £333,554 [₹. 3.26 Cr]!! 3rd highest grosser of All-Time!!

Russellpme
14th November 2014, 10:48 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1 · 14 hrs 14 hours ago
#Kaththi Final Australia BO A$194,341[₹. 1.03 Cr]!! Highest grosser of 2014!!

Russelldwp
15th November 2014, 11:23 AM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/15112014/FE_1511_MN_21_Try1438.jpg

arulraj
15th November 2014, 12:32 PM
Major milestone for KaththiNov 15, 2014
Silver jubilee weeks of Tamil cinema are all gone now. There was a time when movies ran for 100 days or even more than that. In those days, not so long ago though, people used to make a movie in 50 days and its theatrical run at times went beyond 175 days. It is probably the vice versa now with the makers taking close to 175 days to complete a movie and only a blockbuster movie is able to achieve the coveted 50 day mark in theatres.

At such a competitive scenario, Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Kaththi has managed to cross its 25 days run today (15th November) in notable number of screens. As we all know the movie is already a blockbuster and it is fascinating to know that it attracts the audience even after a solid 4 week run at the theatres.

Kudos to Vijay, ARM and team.

SenGOEk
15th November 2014, 06:26 PM
KATHTHI - Uk, Kerala, Karnataka BoxOffice

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2dn15YCQAAOrx2.jpg

SenGOEk
15th November 2014, 06:28 PM
Kaushik LM ‏@Lmkmoviemaniac
Impressive thing about #Kaththi's run is the strong word of mouth factor among audiences & fans in the absence of any big promos since release

SenGOEk
15th November 2014, 06:30 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas ‏@RamCinemas
Vijay-ARM Combo worked again #Kaththi . Kaththi entered in Top 3 BO in our Theatre. It would be a Record Breaking BB if #Thuppakki2 Happens

SenGOEk
15th November 2014, 06:31 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas @RamCinemas
#Kaththi Going Strong !!25 days Running Successfully.We would like to Thank Audiences & Nellai VMI for d cont supp :)

SenGOEk
15th November 2014, 06:32 PM
During FDFS of #Kaththi !!
Unstoppable Crowd

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2ZjJNNCQAA1cfi.jpg

SenGOEk
15th November 2014, 06:35 PM
'Kaththi' hits quarter century

Given the release in more than 1200 screens across the country, Vijay’s ‘Kaththi’ is still going strong and breaking all possible records. The movie had made its way to 100 crore club on the 12th day, and the most important fact is, ‘Kaththi’ was released in Tamil alone and not dubbed in any other language. The makers are elated with the result of the movie and the Telugu version is getting released next Friday. Vijay fans are expecting A.R. Murugadoss to make one more movie with Vijay in the near future and get it released for 2016 Diwali.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/kaththi-Hits-Quarter-Century-tamil-news-118715

SenGOEk
15th November 2014, 06:48 PM
sridevi sreedhar ‏@srikutty45
#Kaththi celebrating 25 days today(Nov 17). Director @ARMurugadoss is basking under its huge success and thinking of remaking it in Hindi.

Russelldwp
16th November 2014, 10:36 AM
In Trichy kaththi is going full houses in week end for all four theatres

http://epaper.dailythanthi.com/16112014/FE_1611_MN_22_Try1639.jpg

leosimha
16th November 2014, 11:43 AM
sridevi sreedhar ‏@srikutty45
#Kaththi celebrating 25 days today(Nov 17). Director @ARMurugadoss is basking under its huge success and thinking of remaking it in Hindi.

Yesterday it was Nov 15th, today 16th and tomorrow 17th.... :roll: Kaththi celebrating 25 days earlier than expected?

arulraj
16th November 2014, 08:13 PM
Rai laksmi about Jilla and Kaththi.......:smokesmirk:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2kYXd4CIAEOJAk.jpg

arulraj
16th November 2014, 08:19 PM
Housefull shows on 25th day .......:-D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2i7e6jCIAAnD4b.png

ajaybaskar
17th November 2014, 11:04 AM
@Lmkmoviemaniac: #Vijay's #Kaththi - Chennai city gross estimate till date - 7.48 crores.
2014's best continues to go higher

Russellpme
17th November 2014, 07:57 PM
'Lingaa' Trailer Fails to Beat 'Kaththi' on Youtube
By Prakash Upadhyaya November 17, 2014 11:38 IST

The trailer of Rajinikanth's "Lingaa" has taken the internet by storm, albeit stopping short of beating the record of Vijay's "Kaththi" trailer on Youtube. (Watch the trailer below).

A collage of Vijay and Rajinikanth.IB Times India
"Lingaa" trailer went viral with an overwhelming response from the audience. In 24 hours, the Tamil video-clip fetched close to 9 lakh views. The trailer of Vijay's "Kaththi" had received above 10 lakh in a day.
It is interesting to note that "Lingaa" trailer was released in three languages and the combined hits of three videos supersedes "Kaththi" at 11 lakh views. The Telugu version got above two lakh hits and the Hindi version got above 60,000 views on Youtube. Not just the trailer, the audio of the film too got a massive response from the audience.
It is believed that the release of the trailer in three languages divided the hits. Else, the Tamil trailer would have surpassed "Kaththi" hits on the video-sharing website.
The trailer was formally launched at the audio-release function of the movie on Sunday, 16 November. The function was attended by Shankar, Sudeep, AR Rahman, Jagapathi Babu, Vikram Prabhu, Gnanavel Raja and a host of big names from the Tamil film industry.
On the other end, "Lingaa" trailer is still getting fantastic response on Youtube and it is likely to create buzz for a few more days. The video clip is crisp and shows that KS Ravikumar has churned out a commercial entertainer keeping Rajini's image in mind.
"Lingaa" is directed by KS Ravikumar and produced by Kannada producer Rockline Venkatesh. Anushka Shetty and Sonakshi Sinha play the female leads with Vijayakumar, Santhanam, Karunakaran, Radha Ravi and others in the supporting cast.
The Tamil film will be released on 12 December, on Rajinikanth's birthday.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/lingaa-trailer-fails-beat-kaththi-youtube-614190

Dilbert
17th November 2014, 09:22 PM
'Lingaa' Trailer Fails to Beat 'Kaththi' on Youtube
By Prakash Upadhyaya November 17, 2014 11:38 IST

The trailer of Rajinikanth's "Lingaa" has taken the internet by storm, albeit stopping short of beating the record of Vijay's "Kaththi" trailer on Youtube. (Watch the trailer below).

A collage of Vijay and Rajinikanth.IB Times India
"Lingaa" trailer went viral with an overwhelming response from the audience. In 24 hours, the Tamil video-clip fetched close to 9 lakh views. The trailer of Vijay's "Kaththi" had received above 10 lakh in a day.
It is interesting to note that "Lingaa" trailer was released in three languages and the combined hits of three videos supersedes "Kaththi" at 11 lakh views. The Telugu version got above two lakh hits and the Hindi version got above 60,000 views on Youtube. Not just the trailer, the audio of the film too got a massive response from the audience.
It is believed that the release of the trailer in three languages divided the hits. Else, the Tamil trailer would have surpassed "Kaththi" hits on the video-sharing website.
The trailer was formally launched at the audio-release function of the movie on Sunday, 16 November. The function was attended by Shankar, Sudeep, AR Rahman, Jagapathi Babu, Vikram Prabhu, Gnanavel Raja and a host of big names from the Tamil film industry.
On the other end, "Lingaa" trailer is still getting fantastic response on Youtube and it is likely to create buzz for a few more days. The video clip is crisp and shows that KS Ravikumar has churned out a commercial entertainer keeping Rajini's image in mind.
"Lingaa" is directed by KS Ravikumar and produced by Kannada producer Rockline Venkatesh. Anushka Shetty and Sonakshi Sinha play the female leads with Vijayakumar, Santhanam, Karunakaran, Radha Ravi and others in the supporting cast.
The Tamil film will be released on 12 December, on Rajinikanth's birthday.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/lingaa-trailer-fails-beat-kaththi-youtube-614190

The only way to beat Kaththi record would be , if Dr.Vijay sir makes guest appearance in Lingaa due to his recent tremendous blockbusters comet busters .

bimmer
17th November 2014, 09:38 PM
Adangapaa, oru hit padam koduthutu ivanunga panra alumbu thanga mudiyala da saamy

uruzalari
17th November 2014, 09:43 PM
The only way to beat Kaththi record would be , if Dr.Vijay sir makes guest appearance in Lingaa due to his recent tremendous blockbusters comet busters .

No he does not need Dr's help. Another press meet indicating again that God willing he will enter politics should work fine.

Dilbert
17th November 2014, 09:54 PM
No he does not need Dr's help. Another press meet indicating again that God willing he will enter politics should work fine.

:lol: Desperate people need to hear a desperate message in order to take the next step. "God willing" so be it. I would prefer an Young and energetic candidate like Dr. Vijay Sir over Thalaivar. People need a leader who doesn't needs extra medical care to run the govt.. just saying.

Russellpme
17th November 2014, 09:56 PM

All he has to do is meet 'AMMA' at her residence in Poes Garden and clarify Ameer's statement will make the movie a mega Comet Buster.......sorry blockbuster.

Russellpme
17th November 2014, 10:02 PM
:lol: Desperate people need to hear a desperate message in order to take the next step. "God willing" so be it. I would prefer an Young and energetic candidate like Dr. Vijay Sir over Thalaivar. People need a leader who doesn't needs extra medical care to run the govt.. just saying.

Perusu(Rajni) has meena to take care of him so he doesn't need Youth(Dr.Vijay), or else he can have the company of Roja to save Linga just like the disasterous rather painful Ulaipaali:-D

Dilbert
17th November 2014, 10:05 PM
Perusu(Rajni) has meena to take care of him so he doesn't need Youth(Dr.Vijay), or else he can have the company of Roja to save Linga just like the disasterous rather painful Ulaipaali:-D

ooh what now?

uruzalari
17th November 2014, 10:07 PM
Never imagined we will be in a discussion with Superstar fans himself. Chinna pasanga Polambarangunu vidaama vandhu explain pannumbodhu thaan yaru 'Desperate' nu theriyudhu.

interz
17th November 2014, 10:10 PM
Media feeds the hub with articles that can feed the rivalry between fan groups. But most of Vijays movies releasing lately are struggling before release. One controversy after another. When the movie succeeds despite the uproar, Vijay fans like me will be twice as happy. We have reasons to celebrate this kind of success,.

I am very aware that Linga and I - movie will have great opening and will likely break records. I movie is getting biggest release with appr 15000 screens worldwide. We should be proud of tamil movies, that they can reach this far, and even more further in future.

cinema
17th November 2014, 11:02 PM
Vijay is the only person who can beat his own box office records. No one can even come close to his records and Kaththi proved that again. As a matter of fact even without getting released in Andhra, this movie beat the worldwide collection of endhiran in just five days. This record is here to stay for long time to come unless Vijay himself has different idea.

SenGOEk
18th November 2014, 12:25 PM
Adangapaa, oru hit padam koduthutu ivanunga panra alumbu thanga mudiyala da saamy

Padam BB agiyum innum polamburatha nirutha matanunga..Unga threadla aga vendiya velaya parunga..

Russellmvr
18th November 2014, 04:42 PM
Padam BB agiyum innum polamburatha nirutha matanunga..Unga threadla aga vendiya velaya parunga..

porunga.. ippa than hit avaraikkum vanthirukaanga...

Russellpme
18th November 2014, 09:28 PM
Kaththi Remix For Arear Students | Everywhere kaththi Effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjwrDPNNehM&feature=youtu.be

Russellpme
18th November 2014, 09:30 PM
Seruppadi for Make-Up Babies Kaththi Climax Remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuuC2oDvAcc

Adox
18th November 2014, 11:20 PM
Media feeds the hub with articles that can feed the rivalry between fan groups. But most of Vijays movies releasing lately are struggling before release. One controversy after another. When the movie succeeds despite the uproar, Vijay fans like me will be twice as happy. We have reasons to celebrate this kind of success,.

I am very aware that Linga and I - movie will have great opening and will likely break records. I movie is getting biggest release with appr 15000 screens worldwide. We should be proud of tamil movies, that they can reach this far, and even more further in future.

Good post. Celebrating Vijay's success is one thing whereas unnecessary comparisons with the SS and others is another.

Kumaran.P
19th November 2014, 09:36 AM
https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/B2xT1BqCYAAPj-b.jpg

Kumaran.P
19th November 2014, 09:36 AM
https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/B2tS4MDIcAAsvqE.jpg

Kumaran.P
19th November 2014, 12:24 PM
Kaththi appeals to Leftists

Kaththi, starring Vijay and directed by A.R. Murugadoss that faced the wrath of Tamil national groups has found favour with the CPI (M) and its organisations.
Tamil national groups opposed the film on the ground that the producers, Lyca Productions, had links with relatives of Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The film’s launch witnessed protests across the State. There was also a dispute over the ownership of story of the film.MNCs exposed
But the film’s story that revolves against exploitation of Multinational Corporations (MNCs), appropriation of agricultural lands and depletion of groundwater, has won appreciation from Left organisations.
The Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), youth wing of the party and Tamil Nadu Progressive Writers and Artistes Association (TNPWAA) have already organised functions and published posters in praise of the movie.
The Tamil Nadu Vivasayigal Sangam has also decided to felicitate Vijay and Mr Murugadoss, but not able to get dates from them.
TNPWAA deputy general secretary R.T. Muthu, who is taking efforts to get the actor and the director to participate in the function, said he could not confirm their participation so far due to many reasons, including the dispute over the story.
The positive approach from the Left parties towards the film had become a hot topic on social network and many wondered whether such a purely commercial film deserved any appreciation.
“You cannot judge film based on a few scenes to your liking. A holistic approach is needed. How can one evaluate the first half of the film, which is a routine Tamil masala film and the hero dancing with heroine,” asks writer Gnani, adding that even Tamil national groups never questioned about the content of the film.
“We always approach a film from the political point of view and fail to take into consideration the cultural aspects,” he said.
DYFI State secretary R. Velmurugan justified their decision to organise felicitation functions, saying the film had conveyed the message his organisation was propagating.
“No media bothered to attend our press briefings or our 22 days march criss-crossing the State to highlight the need to protect our natural resources and disclose details about black money,” he said. http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/kaththi-appeals-to-leftists/article6609426.ece

VinodKumar's
19th November 2014, 12:36 PM
Good post. Celebrating Vijay's success is one thing whereas unnecessary comparisons with the SS and others is another.

Rajini is incomparable only for his fans not for all people. For people like me, he is yet another actor who is at # 1 place in the industry . You can very well defend him during comparisons but you cannot ask people to stop comparing.

arulraj
19th November 2014, 03:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2yhVVBCYAAAdk5.jpg:large

Adox
19th November 2014, 05:55 PM
Rajini is incomparable only for his fans not for all people. For people like me, he is yet another actor who is at # 1 place in the industry . You can very well defend him during comparisons but you cannot ask people to stop comparing.

Illa thread konjam asingama irrukkum for everyone avalovudhan ... I certainly dont want to 'defend' him - there's no need to and hope his fans dont get down to it - we had these exchanges in the boxoffice thread about 5 months ago. Well, we had done all the comparisons we wanted - their complete biography/resume. background of how they started, how many superhits/blockbusters they have given so far, their hits/#movies ratio, the kind of genre they have done, their box office numbers etc. But not necessary at this point. SS has etched himself a name that is had to replace.

All I'm saying is Vijay has done much better than expected in this movie so enjoy his success but has some ways to go before he establishes himself as someone at the top .. Better to modestly celebrate his success thats all. FYI - for me everybody is just an actor for my entertainment and I support someone just i would in a ball/cricket game thats all. They have their life and I have mine. Never a fanatic of anybody.

Russellpme
19th November 2014, 07:37 PM
Illa thread konjam asingama irrukkum for everyone avalovudhan ... I certainly dont want to 'defend' him - there's no need to and hope his fans dont get down to it - we had these exchanges in the boxoffice thread about 5 months ago. Well, we had done all the comparisons we wanted - their complete biography/resume. background of how they started, how many superhits/blockbusters they have given so far, their hits/#movies ratio, the kind of genre they have done, their box office numbers etc. But not necessary at this point. SS has etched himself a name that is had to replace.

All I'm saying is Vijay has done much better than expected in this movie so enjoy his success but has some ways to go before he establishes himself as someone at the top .. Better to modestly celebrate his success thats all. FYI - for me everybody is just an actor for my entertainment and I support someone just i would in a ball/cricket game thats all. They have their life and I have mine. Never a fanatic of anybody.

He already established and a super star of this generation!

ecureuhapis
19th November 2014, 08:02 PM

he's one of the only 2 to reach 100c. easily the biggest bo draw after rajni.

Nasc
19th November 2014, 09:22 PM
eksi...........

Adox
19th November 2014, 09:31 PM

What the heck are you talking about ? While not wanting to get into a pissing context, KH crossed 100 cr. in VR without much fan fare just last year. The movie made a lot more than 100 cr. despite the ban and everything. You saw the box office charts that Cedy put. Even your Vijay has sobered down and a lot more modest off late. Why are you guys jumping like this ? Ajith is modest and sober as well.

Adox
19th November 2014, 09:36 PM

Again, he's yet to establish something his own. There's simply no comparison between the two ... leave it. Being a newcomer, you can check the boxoffice thread about 5 months ago. Ajith is closely with Vijay with respect to comparable bo successes and people support.

Russellpme
19th November 2014, 10:09 PM
What the heck are you talking about ? While not wanting to get into a pissing context, KH crossed 100 cr. in VR without much fan fare just last year. The movie made a lot more than 100 cr. despite the ban and everything. You saw the box office charts that Cedy put. Even your Vijay has sobered down and a lot more modest off late. Why are you guys jumping like this ? Ajith is modest and sober as well.

Sorry to disappoint you but no media yet released any BO info on VR crossing 100 crores. If u do find any official statement on VR please do post it. Will be very happy if it did cross 100 crores. VR did release with huge fanfare comparing to other KH movies and became a hit due to sympathy from media, cleberities(Indian cinema), KH fans and neutral fans support due to the controversy and the film being very good( in terms of making ).

Not just Vijay, all actors have sobered down during different stages and making a comeback only some can do.

Russellpme
19th November 2014, 10:18 PM
Again, he's yet to establish something his own. There's simply no comparison between the two ... leave it. Being a newcomer, you can check the boxoffice thread about 5 months ago. Ajith is closely with Vijay with respect to comparable bo successes and people support.

I completely don't understand what u trying to say?? I personally think he has established himself many times and more to come.

I am sorry to say this Ajith is nowhere near Vijay in BO but he may be closer to Vijay in people support even then Vijay has strong support from kids and families comparing to Ajith.

Adox
19th November 2014, 10:25 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but no media yet released any BO info on VR crossing 100 crores. If u do find any official statement on VR please do post it. Will be very happy if it did cross 100 crores. VR did release with huge fanfare comparing to other KH movies and became a hit due to sympathy from media, cleberities(Indian cinema), KH fans and neutral fans support due to the controversy and the film being very good( in terms of making ).

Not just Vijay, all actors have sobered down during different stages and making a comeback only some can do.

Ardent Vijay fan, I'm certainly not disappointed! Here's some for you:

http://www.kollyinsider.com/2013/02/top-5-kollywood-movie-box-office-gross.html
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/vishwaroopam-box-office-collection-kamal-haasan-starrer-earns-220-crores-445593
http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/2013/kamal-hassan-salman-shahrukh-box-office-104283.html
http://www.showbizbites.com/viswaroopam-box-office-collections-and-updates/

And the numbers they're talking about is in excess of 200 cr. my friend! Regarding sympathy wave, why didnt Vijay's Thalaiva evoke a similar wave ? Its all in the movie, nothing else. Even if Kaththi was banned, it would have become a BB. KH's VR is superior in all respects and transcends all fan bases. SS can carry a bomma padam just by his charisma. So it is futile to enter into any kinds of comparisons.

PARAMASHIVAN
19th November 2014, 10:46 PM
KH's VR is superior in all respects and transcends all fan bases. :notworthy:

SS can carry a bomma padam just by his charisma. So it is futile to enter into any kinds of comparisons. :notworthy:

don't waste your time!

uruzalari
19th November 2014, 10:59 PM

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/vishwaroopam-box-office-collection-kamal-haasan-starrer-earns-220-crores-445593
http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/2013/kamal-hassan-salman-shahrukh-box-office-104283.html

And the numbers they're talking about is in excess of 200 cr. my friend! Regarding sympathy wave, why didnt Vijay's Thalaiva evoke a similar wave ? Its all in the movie, nothing else. Even if Kaththi was banned, it would have become a BB. KH's VR is superior in all respects and transcends all fan bases. SS can carry a bomma padam just by his charisma. So it is futile to enter into any kinds of comparisons.

Atleast do not share these links if you want your claims to have some sort of substance. Even those who believe VR crossed 200 Cr will doubt after going through these links. One of it says VR 2 is the first to cross 200 and another says Endhiran is 250. Better share something from National dailies. While no one can vouch for sure that even that source is 100% genuine it is definitely of more value and carries more weightage in determining audience perception than the links you have shared.

cinema
19th November 2014, 11:05 PM
Atleast do not share these links if you want your claims to have some sort of substance. Even those who believe VR crossed 200 Cr will doubt after going through these links. One of it says VR 2 is the first to cross 200 and another says Endhiran is 250. Better share something from National dailies. While no one can vouch for sure that even that source is 100% genuine it is definitely of more value and carries more weightage in determining audience perception than the links you have shared.

I totally agree this one is useless link and Vishwaroopam is no where close to Kaththi in collections and quality. For me kaththi is the best I have seen in several years. Vijay's performance is one of the best I have ever seen. I will not be surprised if hubbers give this link sooner and claim that even Pooja Kumar told this in Ilayaraja concert.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Tf1yi2Xqs

Adox
19th November 2014, 11:08 PM

Please dont argue for the sake of it like a teenager. Does this qualify to be a national daily ? Please provide a list of national dailies then ..

"The espionage thriller was reportedly made on a budget of ₹ 95 crore and has grossed over ₹ 220 crore," PTI reported on Wednesday.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/vishwaroopa...-crores-445593

Didn't I see a bunch of links presented by Vijay's fans with links all over the place ? You're doubting VR's performance in box office ? I think you're in an intoxication of Vijay and Vijay's success with Kaththi.

Russellpme
19th November 2014, 11:11 PM

So I think media is not aware of the collection now. What u need to do is post them these websites as a reminder and make a request for them to include VR with Endhiran, Thuppaki and Kaththi as they have completely forgotten and it is quite saddening that VR has been left out in recent articles.

Regarding Thalaiva, the movie is not so good( in terms of story/screenplay ), inspired from many movies in past like Godfather, Sarkar etc, Vijay did not get much support from media and Indian Cinema comparing to KH, released after a 11 days delay, read nakkeeran,kumudham reporter,junior vikatan,anandha vikatan to find out what happened during the delay and why it became a failure. That will explain u everything.

KH cannot be compared to any actor including Rajni as he is a legend but will not agree to the quality of VR. He has given many best movies in the past and VR is not up the standard due to slow screenplay except the transformation scene was mind blowing. Eventhough VR is a blockbuster its very low on entertainment. According to me KH is a bigger super star than Rajni in all aspects.

Unfortunately Rajni cannot carry a bomma padam with his charisma as the movie is a big failure due to its high budget and a failure after Baba & Kuselan. To compensate the loss he is doing 2 movies for EROS and one of them is Linga. Even Rajni has many failures in the past. So Rajni cannot save a movie with his charisma if the movie is terrible and not just Rajni any actor. DOT.

Adox
19th November 2014, 11:12 PM
I totally agree this one is useless link and Vishwaroopam is no where close to Kaththi in collections and quality. For me kaththi is the best I have seen in several years. Vijay's performance is one of the best I have ever seen. I will not be surprised if hubbers give this link sooner and claim that even Pooja Kumar told this in Ilayaraja concert.

Collections and quality ???!!! There you go pal. Perform your pal-abhishegams to Vijay's picture and be happy. Good bye.

CEDYBLUE
19th November 2014, 11:17 PM
Please dont argue for the sake of it like a teenager. Does this qualify to be a national daily ? Please provide a list of national dailies then ..

"The espionage thriller was reportedly made on a budget of ₹ 95 crore and has grossed over ₹ 220 crore," PTI reported on Wednesday.

Didn't I see a bunch of links presented by Vijay's fans with links all over the place ? You're doubting VR's performance in box office ? I think you're in an intoxication of Vijay and Vijay's success with Kaththi.

I cannot believe that a discussion of this kind is taking place on the back of an article from ibitimes comparing the youtube first day hits of Lingaa and Kaththi.

Bill4U Ji,

Please let me know, where exactly you found 'comparisons' drawn between Vijay and the legendary Rajni-Kamal duo?

Russellpme
19th November 2014, 11:27 PM
Collections and quality ???!!! There you go pal. Perform your pal-abhishegams to Vijay's picture and be happy. Good bye.

Fans r doing pal abishekams for Vijay and Arya is doing for Ajith! Massda!

uruzalari
19th November 2014, 11:34 PM

I am responding to your posts and not by XYZ. If so I will reply to their posts. Answer them or post relevant replies rather than calling me a teenager. And if you consider my posts too childish you can rather ignore them. More than Kaththis' success intoxicating Vijay's fans it has undoubtedly done it to the fans of the actors of his previous generation and that is why you are probably trying to prove that Vijay is too less compared to them. And it all started from a teaser/trailer clip having more views posted from the very same site from where you have posted this news of VR. What a pity!!!

And I never doubted VR's BO performance. I said don't make people like me who actually believe the same to doubt it by posting such links.

And plain simple. Ajith and Vijay fans go crazy fighting over articles because of the tight competition. If you feel Rajini- Kamal are very far from Vijay then please do not waste time in proving it. By arguing you are only proving that the gap is closer than you believe.

Adox
19th November 2014, 11:47 PM
I cannot believe that a discussion of this kind is taking place on the back of an article from ibitimes comparing the youtube first day hits of Lingaa and Kaththi.

Billa Ji,

Please let me know, where exactly you found 'comparisons' drawn between Vijay and the legendary Rajni-Kamal duo?

Cedy - rest assured, I was not starting this whole thing. Not my original intent. Then I saw someone else saying Kaththi has beaten Endiran's records. I then suggested in one of my posts that while Vijay's success should be celebrated by his fans, its not a good idea to enter into comparison with either the SS or other actors. Then Vinod responded that comparisons are inevitable .. and someone else responded that only Kathithi and Endiran crossed 100 Cr. One thing lead to another and so forth. Sometimes its easy to get drawn in although you come with a different mindset ... power of the hub !!

Adox
19th November 2014, 11:52 PM
[/B]

I am responding to your posts and not by XYZ. If so I will reply to their posts. Answer them or post relevant replies rather than calling me a teenager. And if you consider my posts too childish you can rather ignore them. More than Kaththis' success intoxicating Vijay's fans it has undoubtedly done it to the fans of the actors of his previous generation and that is why you are probably trying to prove that Vijay is too less compared to them. And it all started from a teaser/trailer clip having more views posted from the very same site from where you have posted this news of VR. What a pity!!!

And I never doubted VR's BO performance. I said don't make people like me who actually believe the same to doubt it by posting such links.

And plain simple. Ajith and Vijay fans go crazy fighting over articles because of the tight competition. If you feel Rajini- Kamal are very from Vijay then please do not waste time in proving it. By arguing you are only proving that the gap is closer than you believe.

You asked me if they were responsible links and I responded to that. While you didnt question links posted by your buddies, you raised an issue with my links. Am I concerned ? Not at all Mr. Moviebuff. As I mentioned to Vinod, I consider these things nothing more than an entertainment value .. not personal. If you really believe Vijay is taking over from everybody else, so be it, please do. All freedom to you. Read my response to Cedy and things will make better sense.

leosimha
19th November 2014, 11:57 PM

bill4u-ji....he has already established by conducting successive polls every year that he is next superstar....

so there is no point in talking...

Adox
20th November 2014, 12:02 AM
[/B]
started from a teaser/trailer clip having more views posted from the very same site from where you have posted this news of VR. What a pity!!!

Have no idea what you're talking about and what the link contained ..... I posted something which was a more responsible daily that you needed thats all. If Vijay's clip had more views, so be it. Doesnt bother me.

bimmer
20th November 2014, 12:07 AM
Cedy - rest assured, I was not starting this whole thing. Not my original intent. Then I saw someone else saying Kaththi has beaten Endiran's records. I then suggested in one of my posts that while Vijay's success should be celebrated by his fans, its not a good idea to enter into comparison with either the SS or other actors. Then Vinod responded that comparisons are inevitable .. and someone else responded that only Kathithi and Endiran crossed 100 Cr. One thing lead to another and so forth. Sometimes its easy to get drawn in although you come with a different mindset ... power of the hub !!

Bingo...Great post. I second this, while success needs to be enjoyed some people go over-board posting crap. I am not arguing the fact that Vijay cannot be compared to SS but the compounded logic to comparing a movie that released 5 years back to a movie that released last month. TFI Market has evolved and will continue to grow and records are meant to be broken which is a good thing.

VinodKumar's
20th November 2014, 12:10 AM
OK lets compare Kaththi and kochadayaan ....bomma padatha thooki niruthuna maari therlayae ....super star / Kamal nu pottuta yedhu sonnalum ketuttu poiruvaanganu nenappu ...

leosimha
20th November 2014, 12:23 AM
Bingo...Great post. I second this, while success needs to be enjoyed some people go over-board posting crap. I am not arguing the fact that Vijay cannot be compared to SS but the compounded logic to comparing a movie that released 5 years back to a movie that released last month. TFI Market has evolved and will continue to grow and records are meant to be broken which is a good thing.

not only that....how can we compare an actor who has completed 55+ odd movies with the Cinema Stalwarts Kamal and Rajini who have done 200+ and 150+ movies....

compare only the movies....Rajini's Lingaa is coming and we all know how it will perform...it is going to smash the Indian Cinema records...

And Kamal's 3 movies are in pipeline...very very diverse and unique in its own aspect which can never be compared with any of vijay movies in the past present or future....and those 3 movies put together...alone is capable of and can generate 500c to 600c revenue in total worldwide...

Adox
20th November 2014, 12:24 AM
OK lets compare Kaththi and kochadayaan ....bomma padatha thooki niruthuna maari therlayae ....super star / Kamal nu pottuta yedhu sonnalum ketuttu poiruvaanganu nenappu ...

So you're saying VR crossing 200 Cr. is something you want to argue about ? Or Kaththi beating Endiran's records ? Not sure what you want to say that we dont want you to say .... Come on man all these actors wont even give you or me a second look when they see you on the road !! Why are you so concerned and taking it personal ?

leosimha
20th November 2014, 12:27 AM
So you're saying VR crossing 200 Cr. is something you want to argue about ? Or Kaththi beating Endiran's records ? Not sure what you want to say that we dont want you to say .... Come on man all these actors wont even give you or me a second look when they see you on the road !! Why are you so concerned and taking it personal ?

ji...vidunga...evalo sonnallum avingakku puriyadhuu...

bimmer
20th November 2014, 12:35 AM

Not understanding what u trying to convey. Why compare Kochadayan to Kaththi?

Russellpme
20th November 2014, 07:19 AM
not only that....how can we compare an actor who has completed 55+ odd movies with the Cinema Stalwarts Kamal and Rajini who have done 200+ and 150+ movies....

compare only the movies....Rajini's Lingaa is coming and we all know how it will perform...it is going to smash the Indian Cinema records...

And Kamal's 3 movies are in pipeline...very very diverse and unique in its own aspect which can never be compared with any of vijay movies in the past present or future....and those 3 movies put together...alone is capable of and can generate 500c to 600c revenue in total worldwide...

Quantity does not matter in cinema its all about quality. No one here is comparing Rajni/kamal with Vijay or even Ajith. Rajni and kamal are legends in their own way and so as Vijay. But when it comes to comparison my full support is for Vijay. 150,200 movies only happens before 90s. Now making 1 movie for any actor is an acheivement due to budget issues and piracy. A very silly comparison here.

Its too early to predict Linga or KH's box office. We have to wait for the release and decide from there if they will break records or not. What will happen if Linga is a failure? So keep calm and do not compare.

Russellpme
20th November 2014, 07:21 AM

So Kamal's latest PRO is Pooja after Simran and Gouthami. Bravo.

Russellpme
20th November 2014, 07:23 AM

Very simple bomma padam is a disaster. Rajni could not save the movie with his charisma.

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 07:52 AM
All he says is that even Rajni or Kamal can give failures.

After all, it started with a post on YouTube hit count - which obviously has nothing to do with the success of the film. I dont know why it agitated a section. :) We can call ourselves a person who doesn't worship a hero/heroes but still get pissed off when even a lame comparison is made.

At least I can understand the feeling of that section of the crowd. But the support that came in from the other section. Wah... :) அவங்க ஊதுறதையும் இவங்க ஆடுறதையும் பார்க்கும்போது..

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 08:00 AM
And guys, a kind request. Dont compare Kaththi with any other movie which has been marked with an 'incomparable' tag. And dont compare it with movies which were released 10 years or 5 years or even an year before. Because we have the adjust inflation, cost of living, etc. Better compare it with Kaththi itself if at all you want to do a comparison. Hope we are allowed to do that.

CEDYBLUE
20th November 2014, 10:09 AM
The very moment I started watching Sachin and Cricket, I remember hearing commentators talk about Sunil Gavaskar's 34 test centuries. Sachin had barely made 3 or 4 that time and because he was young and because he had the potential, comparisons were made with the legendary Sunil Gavaskar and later with Don Bradman.

Sachin passed Sunil's record in 2005, 18 years after Sunil retired. Still, a record is a record and comparisons are inevitable. Eventually Sachin's proficiency in the limited overs format and his all around game, attack/defence, allowed many to believe he was a better batsman than Sunil Gavaskar.

Tomorrow, Virat might get closer to Sachin's record and when that happens, comparisons would be made between the two. Though it will be hard for diehards like me to digest any cricketer being compared to Sachin, I think, I should be ready to accept it. Hope I will do that, not sure though :)

No like to like comparisons intended here to the current discussion, but when Sachin was compared with Sunil early in his career, wasn't it supposed to be Sachin's early days Vs Sunil's early days? Sunil was India's best in the 1970's, Sachin was India's best by a mile in the 1990's. Though everyone knew that both players were from a different era, while Sunil faced fast bowlers without a helmet on uncovered wickets, Sachin had to play in a spotlight of millions of fans with a weight of pressure on his shoulders. Comparisons were still drawn and many expected Sachin to break Sunil's record and create more and more records.

I believe the same logic can be applied here and when Vijay of today, if at all compared is with how the superstar was in the 1990's when he was emerging as the new box office stalwart. Is that wrong at all?

Sure, the competition would have been tough between Superstar and Ulaganayagan back then in the 1990's, but still comparisons with let's say MGR's box office prowess with that of next-in-line Rajni or Kamal, would have been inevitable. What's wrong in that?

What Vijay has achieved at 40, twin 100 crore blockbusters is no mean feat.

With all due respect to Superstar and a phenomenon that he is today, What Vijay is today may be on par with what Rajni was in the 1990's, at 40, at a similar age.

Vijay has a well-rounded fan following among all ages. His movies do well all-over. The satellite rights for his movies are higher and so are pre-business numbers. Feel free to check his movies and its BO performance. Sura, Vijay's biggest blob made more money all over, than let's say an Asal. The much maligned Jilla, the one that was supposedly beaten by Veeram, grossed more than Veeram in overseas markets, outside TN and was close on Veeram's heals in TN. This after poor reviews and the reverse for Veeram.

Kaththi's collections are the only one anywhere close to the monster records of Endhiran or Viswaroopam. In certain markets, it is right below Endhiran. Does that indicate anything at all? Thuppakki is in the all-time top 5 list, all over. Its Rajni, Kamal and Vijay in the top 5.

If at all comparisons are made, it is Vijay of today Vs the legends at a similar age.

And today, people rate Youtube views as an important yardstick. Anjaan's team celebrated the success of the trailer and I have seen almost all film-makers thank the audience for making it a IM or a 2M views. It has got under the skin of everyone, fortunately or unfortunately.

udaykumar
20th November 2014, 11:26 AM
Seeing the posts in the thread, i really suspect if some members are really vijay fans. One of them posted in Linga thread, that telugu distributors are requesting for presence of vijay in telugu version of linga. WTF.. !!!

and this posts are making some others have a jolly time.!!

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 11:32 AM
Who said that is a Vijay fan? That particular person wanted to sound funny with such sarcastic posts. Thats all. :)

udaykumar
20th November 2014, 12:04 PM
Oops.. My bad..!! Need to follow the thread more regulary.. :smile:

Russellpme
20th November 2014, 03:05 PM
The very moment I started watching Sachin and Cricket, I remember hearing commentators talk about Sunil Gavaskar's 34 test centuries. Sachin had barely made 3 or 4 that time and because he was young and because he had the potential, comparisons were made with the legendary Sunil Gavaskar and later with Don Bradman.

Sachin passed Sunil's record in 2005, 18 years after Sunil retired. Still, a record is a record and comparisons are inevitable. Eventually Sachin's proficiency in the limited overs format and his all around game, attack/defence, allowed many to believe he was a better batsman than Sunil Gavaskar.

Tomorrow, Virat might get closer to Sachin's record and when that happens, comparisons would be made between the two. Though it will be hard for diehards like me to digest any cricketer being compared to Sachin, I think, I should be ready to accept it. Hope I will do that, not sure though :)

No like to like comparisons intended here to the current discussion, but when Sachin was compared with Sunil early in his career, wasn't it supposed to be Sachin's early days Vs Sunil's early days? Sunil was India's best in the 1970's, Sachin was India's best by a mile in the 1990's. Though everyone knew that both players were from a different era, while Sunil faced fast bowlers without a helmet on uncovered wickets, Sachin had to play in a spotlight of millions of fans with a weight of pressure on his shoulders. Comparisons were still drawn and many expected Sachin to break Sunil's record and create more and more records.

I believe the same logic can be applied here and when Vijay of today, if at all compared is with how the superstar was in the 1990's when he was emerging as the new box office stalwart. Is that wrong at all?

Sure, the competition would have been tough between Superstar and Ulaganayagan back then in the 1990's, but still comparisons with let's say MGR's box office prowess with that of next-in-line Rajni or Kamal, would have been inevitable. What's wrong in that?

What Vijay has achieved at 40, twin 100 crore blockbusters is no mean feat.

With all due respect to Superstar and a phenomenon that he is today, What Vijay is today may be on par with what Rajni was in the 1990's, at 40, at a similar age.

Vijay has a well-rounded fan following among all ages. His movies do well all-over. The satellite rights for his movies are higher and so are pre-business numbers. Feel free to check his movies and its BO performance. Sura, Vijay's biggest blob made more money all over, than let's say an Asal. The much maligned Jilla, the one that was supposedly beaten by Veeram, grossed more than Veeram in overseas markets, outside TN and was close on Veeram's heals in TN. This after poor reviews and the reverse for Veeram.

Kaththi's collections are the only one anywhere close to the monster records of Endhiran or Viswaroopam. In certain markets, it is right below Endhiran. Does that indicate anything at all? Thuppakki is in the all-time top 5 list, all over. Its Rajni, Kamal and Vijay in the top 5.

If at all comparisons are made, it is Vijay of today Vs the legends at a similar age.

And today, people rate Youtube views as an important yardstick. Anjaan's team celebrated the success of the trailer and I have seen almost all film-makers thank the audience for making it a IM or a 2M views. It has got under the skin of everyone, fortunately or unfortunately.

Superb Cedy! Well said.

Adox
20th November 2014, 04:45 PM

After all, it started with a post on YouTube hit count - which obviously has nothing to do with the success of the film. I dont know why it agitated a section. :) We can call ourselves a person who doesn't worship a hero/heroes but still get pissed off when even a lame comparison is made.

Not me if thats whom you're referring to ! I dont/didnt follow utube counts personally .. Your logic - I dont hero worship anyone and yet being mutually exclusive, I could get peeved at constant comparisons without concrete evidence that Kaththi is the #1 tamil movie ever - atleast not yet.

Kathithi has completed its run in all countries except TN. Lets find out its overall gross after it completes its final lap in TN and then talk with actual numbers.

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 05:32 PM
Bill,

1. Did anyone here claim that Kaththi is the #1 Tamil film ever made? Pls quote the post here so that we together can educate the person that its not true.

2. Is it a crime to compare Kaththi with the likes of Endhiran? Hardly few films have grossed 100 C and its quite inevitable to bring those films while compiling BO charts.

3. You were not very happy when the BO thread was bombarded with news related to Kaththi. Now you are not happy when the same is done in a thread dedicated to Kaththi. So what next? You want to share the BO data via PMs?

Adox
20th November 2014, 09:02 PM
Bill,

1. Did anyone here claim that Kaththi is the #1 Tamil film ever made? Pls quote the post here so that we together can educate the person that its not true.

2. Is it a crime to compare Kaththi with the likes of Endhiran? Hardly few films have grossed 100 C and its quite inevitable to bring those films while compiling BO charts.

3. You were not very happy when the BO thread was bombarded with news related to Kaththi. Now you are not happy when the same is done in a thread dedicated to Kaththi. So what next? You want to share the BO data via PMs?

Ok I'll try to go over your points :

- Yes, there were a couple of posts probably sounded like trolls that said Kaththi has smashed Endiran's records in just 5 days and one said its the best ever in terms of quality.

- Another one said only 2 movies has crossed 100 cr. mark which are Kaththi and Endiran. Come on 100 crs. is not a big number at all these days. Ajith fans have said couple of his movies have crossed it or atleast close to it. I'm guessing Yennai Arindhal is a strong contender to cross the 100 cr. barrier. Lets see. Now its not a crime to compare Endiran's record but Endiran overall gross is about 300 cr. and VR is in excess of 225 cr. I posted some links yesterday. Unless the overall Kaththi gross breaches the 200 Cr. mark, there's no point in comparing it with Endiran. Yes in a few countries, it stands second barring the US where it is yet to beat Kochadiaan and break into top 5. As it stands now, its about 1/3 to 1/2 or endiran's collection assuming it has made 130 cr. to date. Mind you I'm not saying it cannot but not yet.

- I'd certainly like to hear updates about Kaththi but not in the format presented. Something like what Cedy put up was interesting to see/read. Not like 7 pages of 'Vettri theatre' 3rd day night show collections or 'Serangoon theatre' singapore 5 th day afternoon show collections kind of thing. A nice chart of how its doing with a little comparison would just make it more readable. Just a perspective on it being a public thread.

- Yes all the comparisons were made on a thread dedicated to Kaththi but just commented on some of over the top comparisons.

I have seen posts simply writing off Kochadiaan's box office performance. The movie may not have garnered enough profits for SS standards but certainly an average grosser to say the least. The numbers are available in most sites like behind woods etc.

We'll take a look at its overall gross and see how it compares with the others soon.

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 09:17 PM
Bill,

I dont know if you are a long timer in hub or a newbie. If you are the latter, let me tell you that it will take time to separate a sarcastic post from a straight forward one. There was a post from a hubber called 'cinema' which said Kaththi crossed Endhiran in 5 days, blah blah. That was a sarcastic post and taking that seriously and replying is a waste of time.

100 crores is a big number for a non Rajni film. That was why a genuine 100 crore collection by Kaththi was well explained by Cedy in BO thread with relevant proofs. I did the same when Thuppakki released. Only when a film does exceedingly well in all territories, 100 crore mark can be breached. And Kaththi wont breach the 200 c mark as it is nearing the sunset.

Not all hubbers are Cedy. There are people who may not post as interesting as him but definitely the message can be deciphered. Hub is all about that only,right? At least I am happy that this thread doesn't speak about other actors and focuses on Vijay alone.. :)

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 09:23 PM
And regarding Kochadaiyaan, the standards set by his films are quite high in terms of collection and its not surprising that Koch is considered an average fare. Even Rajni mentioned in Lingaa audio release that they incurred some losses. That is why it is not mentioned in BO analysis.

Russellpme
20th November 2014, 09:31 PM
Mr Billu

Kochadayan s a disaster. Average for a Rajni movie means its a disaster. Understand the difference between top actors and normal actors box office performance.

Kaththi crossed 100 cr just by the tamil version itself and not like Endhiran. Kaththi telugu yet to be released. VR collections are still in doubt!

Adox
20th November 2014, 09:51 PM
Ajay, Your point taken. I'm not a 100% newbie but sure I didnt recognize those sarcastic trolls. Anyways.

Chatriayan - guess I'll have to ask Kamal to talk to you directly since you're not convinced about VR's box office performance despite all the links posted. Cant wake up someone pretending to sleep. What to do ? Again let me tell you the bulk of Endiran collections comes from Tamil. Not much from Hindi and a little from Telugu. Summa ethavadhu saaku kattadheanga sir. Breaching 200cr. is not a joke. Vijay doesnt enjoy a strong Telugu market for you to think that it'll somehow boost his overall Kaththi collections.

Lets give it a break guys and see how everything stacks up from now moving forward ?

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 09:58 PM
Bill,

The fault is not entirely with Chatriyan here. Hub has lost many Rajni and Kamal fans over the years who were good with numbers. So like how Ajith fans or Vijay fans who come up with links to prove their BO might, there are none in the senior camp and I guess that doesn't even matter to them anymore. :)

Russellpme
20th November 2014, 10:00 PM
Ajay, Your point taken. I'm not a 100% newbie but sure I didnt recognize those sarcastic trolls. Anyways.

Chatriayan - guess I'll have to ask Kamal to talk to you directly since you're not convinced about VR's box office performance despite all the links posted. Cant wake up someone pretending to sleep. What to do ? Again let me tell you the bulk of Endiran collections comes from Tamil. Not much from Hindi and a little from Telugu. Summa ethavadhu saaku kattadheanga sir. Breaching 200cr. is not a joke. Vijay doesnt enjoy a strong Telugu market for you to think that it'll somehow boost his overall Kaththi collections.

Lets give it a break guys and see how everything stacks up from now moving forward ?

Instead of asking Kamal to call me ask him or Pooja to call media and let them know as i said earlier they keep excluding VR from 100 crores club even after Pooja announcing it on stage. Please do it quick else Kamal or Pooja will be upset.

Endhiran's dubbed version was released as Robot in US,UK, India etc and it did make a lot of difference to the gross collection. Vijay hasn't got a market in Telugu and reaching 100 crores for this generation actors is very tough. This is a great achievement and lets see if Ennai Arindhal and Masss does achieve this target.

Adox
20th November 2014, 10:09 PM
Endhiran's dubbed version was released as Robot in US,UK, India etc and it did make a lot of difference to the gross collection. Vijay hasn't got a market in Telugu and reaching 100 crores for this generation actors is very tough. This is a great achievement and lets see if Ennai Arindhal and Masss does achieve this target.

Nope. Robot didnt do that well as I thought it did. I was corrected by another hubber HH on that. A little more in Telugu for sure. So not what you thought. Yes, 100 Cr. is hard and no body denies both Thuppakki and Kaththi have done really well. Not sure about Maass at this point but EA is a strong contender.

paranitharan
20th November 2014, 10:13 PM
bill, why bother? this so called star couldn't give a hit for god's sake and had to depend on ARM to deliver a decent hit. hit paarkathavanga oru above avrage film'i hitu hitu, mega hitu nu kuuvi kuuvi thaan vitpaanga. seriousa edukkama sirichitte poyitrukkanum.

Surya was giving hits after hits and they were crying that he works with big directors and put his success down to working with big directors. ippo vaai kuusama average hit ellam mega hitu athukku vijayna thaan endu sollitruppaanga. shankar movie kuuda kaathu vaangichu

The amount quoted by ARM was 23 C which was more than the combined collection of pongal releases. You should know by now where they stand given their history of breaking enthiran record since velayudam. Vijay na vaai kuusama Velayudam broke enthiran's record and I don't know how to feel about it endu sonnaaru.

Then duppaki beat enthiran collection endu kuuvinaaru

then Jilla broke Duppaki record naaru

Now back to breaking enthiran record

ARM posted fake numbers within few days and it even shocked the fake box office analysts. The analysts were claiming different numbers and the numbers were not even close to each other. Avangalukku enna podurathunu theriyala. Then ARM shocked everybody. Have you seen a director being so desperate?

Adox
20th November 2014, 10:13 PM
Bill,

The fault is not entirely with Chatriyan here. Hub has lost many Rajni and Kamal fans over the years who were good with numbers. So like how Ajith fans or Vijay fans who come up with links to prove their BO might, there are none in the senior camp and I guess that doesn't even matter to them anymore. :)

I remember Sakala (Kamal fan) when I first started. Wonder where he is now ? Yep, thats what happens - that enthu about BO and numbers slowly dies down. But these things are good for distraction (if not taken personally) from Monotony atleast for me :)

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:15 PM
#Kaththi Massive Blockbuster Of The Year !!!
Marching Towards Its 50th Day in Ram Cinemas..
Running Successfully

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 10:15 PM
Sakala is active in twitter. If you want his handle, PM me.

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:17 PM
Ingayum goodnight konduvanga.. yarum kandukatha antha kosuva viratanum.. :)

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:20 PM
35th day celebration flex by Varkala(Kerala) Vijay Fans!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B25K6EfCQAA5uP0.jpg

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:22 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B25Zo5HCYAAk7b5.jpg

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:23 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B25Ub7bCYAArn0l.jpg

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:27 PM
Kaththi remake plans in huge demand, will it have a dubbed release?

Kaththi the most anticipated movie of the year has been in news for too many reasons, pre and post release but now the issue is entirely different, find out the details on the issue here. This time Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Kaththi hasn’t caught up in some controversy or something but this time it is in news for the remake, Kaththi had bombed the box office by crossing 100 crore mark soon after its release.

Recently the buzz was Telugu makers bagged the remake rights of Kaththi and a special screening was held for the actor Pawan Kalyan though he liked the movie but he denied being a part of it. Now the latest buzz that is doing rounds in the Tollywood industry is that Junior NTR who is currently shooting in Goa will see the screening on 23rd or 24th Nov, 2014 and will give his ideas on the remake.

The rumors are also rife that Allu Arjun and Ram Charan will see Kaththi after Junior NTR, a confusion is still on as the dubbed version of the movie is ready to release by the end of this month now the stars of the industry will decide whether the audience will see a dub version or a new version with power pack stars.

Meanwhile in Hindi too Salman Khan, Sharukh Khan, Akshay Kumar and Arjun kapoor have shown a lot of interest in remaking the film in Hindi.

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:28 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B23BPw9CQAAcnIU.jpg

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:30 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2243vRCAAA4wWk.jpg

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:31 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B22fq-QIcAABoPY.jpg

ajaybaskar
20th November 2014, 10:36 PM
The person who has acted as the anchor of 'Vetti pechu vidinja pochu' in Kaththi is an AD of ARM. Lakshmi K Mithun. He is in FB too.

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:36 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2zdsA8IgAAa0mh.jpg

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:38 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2zcVDpIgAAoRMT.jpg

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:41 PM
Kaththi game 5,00,000+ downloads & still going strong. This is unprecedented for a game based on a South Indian film!!

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 10:42 PM
Happy to say that we are leading on #Kaththi Collections in TK Area !!
Thanks to Audiences & Ilayathalapathy Vijay fans.

Nasc
20th November 2014, 10:45 PM
indian national news paper....as ppl were demanding ..here goes and as per this national news channel - VR hold the record for biggest opening in TN

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/kamal-haasans-vishwaroopam-earns-rs-100-crores-in-four-days/372133-71-174.html

120 Cr in 4 days

:smokesmile:

SenGOEk
20th November 2014, 11:02 PM
Sreedhar pillai tweets on 1week collection of Enthiran & 5days collection of KATHTHI!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1iKswTCcAELyW7.jpg

Adox
20th November 2014, 11:09 PM
indian national news paper....as ppl were demanding ..here goes and as per this national news channel - VR hold the record for biggest opening in TN

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/kamal-haasans-vishwaroopam-earns-rs-100-crores-in-four-days/372133-71-174.html

120 Cr in 4 days

Stunning by any yardstick ... Hope this and the 230+ Cr. overall (again from recognized news) puts to rest all lingering doubts on VR's BO performance.

Russellmvr
20th November 2014, 11:51 PM
Stunning by any yardstick ... Hope this and the 230+ Cr. overall (again from recognized news) puts to rest all lingering doubts on VR's BO performance.

If this is true, I guess you can continue the discussion with Rajni fans from here... :-)

Adox
21st November 2014, 12:28 AM
If this is true, I guess you can continue the discussion with Rajni fans from here... :-)

Oh it was brought up only because some were questioning its BO numbers as they were not well publicized .. Now I wonder how many other tamil movies may have crossed the 100Cr. mark but not much publicized. Can someone provide that list ?

Nasc
21st November 2014, 01:00 AM

ha ha -- yen unga star out of the race nu othukuringala....seri paravailla..neenga othingiye irunga...(rightly where you have to be ;) )

bimmer
21st November 2014, 01:18 AM
Oh it was brought up only because some were questioning its BO numbers as they were not well publicized .. Now I wonder how many other tamil movies may have crossed the 100Cr. mark but not much publicized. Can someone provide that list ?

Here you go

1. Sivaji
2. Enthiran
3. Kaththi
4. Thupakki
5. Thalaivaa
6. Jilla
7. Sura
8. Villu
9. Kuruvi
10. Azhagiya Tamil Magan

Rajini jujubi only 2 Movies in 100 Crore club. Futher I may have missed a bunch of Movies but they are all Vijay movies I will leave it up to your imagination to come up with the other movie names

ajaybaskar
21st November 2014, 07:04 AM
Bimmer,

The thread had some meaningful discussions for the last few days, thanks to Bill4u. Please dont adulterate it with such posts. Its neither funny nor informative.

VinodKumar's
21st November 2014, 08:35 AM
Bimmer,

The thread had some meaningful discussions for the last few days, thanks to Bill4u. Please dont adulterate it with such posts. Its neither funny nor informative.
He might have thought it is sarcastic :).

leosimha
21st November 2014, 08:45 AM
The thread had some meaningful discussions for the last few days

AB, Are you serious? are you serious about the BO numbers of Kaththi?

ajaybaskar
21st November 2014, 09:53 AM
Come on, Leo. Just because some buggers call it as a fake, you didn't believe that Kaththi wouldn't have crossed 100 C. Or did you? :)

paranitharan
21st November 2014, 12:16 PM
Here you go

1. Sivaji
2. Enthiran
3. Kaththi
4. Thupakki
5. Thalaivaa
6. Jilla
7. Sura
8. Villu
9. Kuruvi
10. Azhagiya Tamil Magan

Rajini jujubi only 2 Movies in 100 Crore club. Futher I may have missed a bunch of Movies but they are all Vijay movies I will leave it up to your imagination to come up with the other movie names

movie release aaga munnadiye theriyum thaane eppidiyum enthuran record break pannututhunu solvaanganu. remember the jilla crossed 100C poster?

the thing is the team was lying through their teeth desperately. Never seen a team so desperate

paranitharan
21st November 2014, 12:16 PM

120 Cr in 4 days

sabaash

Russellpme
21st November 2014, 02:22 PM
movie release aaga munnadiye theriyum thaane eppidiyum enthuran record break pannututhunu solvaanganu. remember the jilla crossed 100C poster?

the thing is the team was lying through their teeth desperately. Never seen a team so desperate

Neenga aarambathuku suttadha vidava? Ajithuku chennai thandina oru fish market kuda kidaiyadhu idhukulle ungaluku 100 kodiya, mavane theru kodi than!

ecureuhapis
21st November 2014, 04:53 PM

At least I can understand the feeling of that section of the crowd. But the support that came in from the other section. Wah... :) அவங்க ஊதுறதையும் இவங்க ஆடுறதையும் பார்க்கும்போது..

:lol:

reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjvdmazbchU

Russellpme
21st November 2014, 06:00 PM
Kornerseat @Kornerseat · 10 hrs 10 hours ago
#Kaththi completes its Malaysia run with whopping $1,919,435 [11.79 Crs] 3rd highest grosser of All-Time next 2 Endthiran & Sivaji. #Vijay

Russellpme
21st November 2014, 06:23 PM
Karnataka Boxoffice @KABoxoffice · 9 hrs 9 hours ago
Goldie films Kaththi picture final collection 8,04,52,101/- Revenue 4.14 Cr. 2nd best tamil after Enthiran. Now left to theatres.

Kumaran.P
21st November 2014, 06:38 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas @RamCinemas :
No replacement #Kaththi will continue in Ram & #NaaigalJaakirathai in Muthuram

Kumaran.P
21st November 2014, 06:39 PM
https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/B29VYnzIMAACi4V.jpg

Kumaran.P
21st November 2014, 06:41 PM
Ayngaran
@Ayngaranholland
#KATHTHI 150 crores at the box office

paranitharan
21st November 2014, 07:48 PM
Neenga aarambathuku suttadha vidava? Ajithuku chennai thandina oru fish market kuda kidaiyadhu idhukulle ungaluku 100 kodiya, mavane theru kodi than!

Breaking enthiran record since velayudam. for jilla it was 100c in 7 days and now 100c in 12 days. jilla thane record apdi paartha. sari ungalukku athellam puriya porathilla. avarukku enna aachunaalum, vadai sudrathai niruthathinga. avar vadai suttu 100c sambaathicha thaan undu. movieslaam vijaynaku 100c collect panna time life chance illae. Vijaynaku keralala mattum thaane market. anga famous aavurathunna lol

SenGOEk
21st November 2014, 08:20 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B284w0RCQAApNG5.jpg

ajaybaskar
21st November 2014, 08:21 PM
One thing that really impressed me with Kaththi is there was nil promotions and still it went on to become a BB. Theory of well marketed films will be successful has been put to rest with the result of two films this year - Anjaan and Kaththi.

Proved again that CONTENT IS THE KING and actors are secondary. Promotions help with the initial mileage. Nothing more than that.

Russellpme
21st November 2014, 08:24 PM
Breaking enthiran record since velayudam. for jilla it was 100c in 7 days and now 100c in 12 days. jilla thane record apdi paartha. sari ungalukku athellam puriya porathilla. avarukku enna aachunaalum, vadai sudrathai niruthathinga. avar vadai suttu 100c sambaathicha thaan undu. movieslaam vijaynaku 100c collect panna time life chance illae. Vijaynaku keralala mattum thaane market. anga famous aavurathunna lol

To be frank mate Vijay&Surya are more popular in overseas than Ajith. U won't agree but thats the truth. I live in UK and Veeram is a disaster here. Ajith used to be very popular here between 1999 Vaali to 2001 Citizen but went down after Red. Not many kids and families prefer Ajith like before. It is sad as I watched all his movies in cinema first day show during that period and I loved his performances in Vaali,Mugavari,Kandukoden Kandukonden,Dheena,Amarkalam,Villain,Varalaru,Bill a etc.There was a huge craze for his movies and I was one of the fans waiting eagerly for his songs and movies during that period but later his choice of movies weren't good and started giving flops. Another main reason he does not look after his physique.

bimmer
21st November 2014, 08:26 PM
Bimmer,

Point Noted. I will refrain from posting in your thread. I hope you follow the same as well.

ajaybaskar
21st November 2014, 08:27 PM
I would be more than happy to follow suit :)

ecureuhapis
21st November 2014, 08:43 PM
Naaigal Jaakkiradhai

I am watching tonight. :)

ya. heard good reviews for it.. athuvum antha naaya veratti veratti adikiranga, but it keeps coming back for more. poor dog has given a stunning performance.

btw, kaththi :smokesmirk:

http://www.tamilboxoffice1.com/2011/11/top-10-all-time-overseas-box-office.html

2014 Overseas Box-Office Top 10

1 - Kaththi - ₹. 35.15 Cr
2 - Kochadaiiyaan - ₹. 23.96 Cr
3 - Jilla - ₹. 21.59 Cr
4 - Veeram - ₹. 19.50 Cr
5 - VIP - ₹. 18.96 Cr
6 - Anjaan - ₹. 18.13 Cr
7 - Maan Karate - ₹. 9.93 Cr
8 - Aranmanai ₹.6.91 Cr
9 - Poojai ₹. 6.42 Cr
10 - Jigarthanda - ₹. 2.87 Cr

Kumaran.P
21st November 2014, 10:41 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2-IoCXCYAAXbo1.jpg

ajaybaskar
22nd November 2014, 11:29 AM
Actress Madhubala tweets..

"@madhoo69: Katthi super .enjoydd myself"

Russelldwp
22nd November 2014, 04:55 PM
திருச்சி தஞ்சை ஏரியாவில் தொடர்ந்து 32 வது நாளாக வெற்றிநடை போட்டு கொண்டிருக்கிறார் ஜீவாநந்தம்
திருச்சி தஞ்சை ஏரியாவில் வசூலில் முதலிடம் பெற்று வீர நடை போடுகிறார் இளயதளபதி

http://epaper.dailythanthi.com/22112014/FE_2211_MN_24_Try1931.jpg

leosimha
22nd November 2014, 08:19 PM
Come on, Leo. Just because some buggers call it as a fake, you didn't believe that Kaththi wouldn't have crossed 100 C. Or did you? :)

But some reports talking about 200C is too much...guess these are inflated numbers...or do you accept it?

leosimha
22nd November 2014, 08:21 PM
Actress Madhubala tweets..

"@madhoo69: Katthi super .enjoydd myself"

is this roja actress madhubala....in one of the talk shows she has admitted that she is wanting to act with vijay and also keep up with vijay on the fast dance steps....

SenGOEk
22nd November 2014, 11:28 PM
is this roja actress madhubala....in one of the talk shows she has admitted that she is wanting to act with vijay and also keep up with vijay on the fast dance steps....

Yes..it is Roja actress madhubala, a fan of Vijay..

SenGOEk
23rd November 2014, 04:05 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3HmOCeCYAEtO5O.jpg

ajaybaskar
23rd November 2014, 04:26 PM
In fact, In Anjaan she had a lengthy role and honestly, her role was not even necessary in Kaththi.

Kumaran.P
23rd November 2014, 06:24 PM
Maris Theatres Official(Trichy) :
We are Happy to Share This #Kaththi First Blockbuster Hit For #MarisLACinema
#Kaththi Today 3.30pm Show Running Housefull.

Nawaaz
23rd November 2014, 11:34 PM
Saw few discussions here. The movie is good and hence reflecting in collection. Why dont the poor souls screaming here can respond with their fav stars movies in future? I believe all collection details shared will be from same sources :huh:

Nawaaz
23rd November 2014, 11:36 PM
Nanban is avg movie? :shock: I seeing such comments only in hub :lol2:

Kumaran.P
24th November 2014, 10:34 AM
Nanban is avg movie? :shock: I seeing such comments only in hub :lol2:

from whom? Halwa kumar's :lol2: ?? why getting shocked? I've come across a 'first half is enough to beat Pokkiri' vadais since orkut days. Atha vidava?

SenGOEk
24th November 2014, 12:34 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3LpjpuCAAAU5Da.jpg

SenGOEk
24th November 2014, 12:36 PM
Kaushik LM @Lmkmoviemaniac
#Kaththi - Chennai city gross estimate till date - 7.72 Crores

SenGOEk
25th November 2014, 05:55 PM
Deleted scene from KATHTHI trending top in facebook!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3OhNXTCEAA6R61.jpg

SenGOEk
25th November 2014, 05:56 PM
KATHTHI - 35th day celebration by Kerala fans!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3SOy4RCIAEsvvq.jpg

SenGOEk
25th November 2014, 05:59 PM
#Kaththi Unstoppable Blockbuster !!
Running Towards 50th Day

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3NnM5iCUAA2Lrj.jpg

SenGOEk
26th November 2014, 08:34 PM
Kaththi Overseas DVD [5.1DDR+English Subs] Available Now from Lotus Five Star

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3S3ManCUAE9uXo.jpg

SenGOEk
26th November 2014, 08:35 PM
Kaththi Audio Launch telecast this Sunday at 11am JayaTV!

SenGOEk
26th November 2014, 08:38 PM
Kaththi Still Running in MUMBAI at Cinemax sion!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3WGaWUCYAA_PZ2.jpg

ajaybaskar
26th November 2014, 08:38 PM
Kaththi Overseas DVD [5.1DDR+English Subs] Available Now from Lotus Five Star

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3S3ManCUAE9uXo.jpg
Hope the Bluray is released soon.

SenGOEk
26th November 2014, 08:41 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3VcMnECcAE5mls.jpg

SenGOEk
26th November 2014, 08:43 PM
@TamilBoxOffice1 2014 Top 10 Overseas BoxOffice

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3VV0ypCIAEeSaa.jpg

SenGOEk
26th November 2014, 09:29 PM
Kaththi - Release Celebrations In Kerala(Trivandrum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cghFyW-iKOg&feature=youtu.be

interz
27th November 2014, 05:54 PM
What happened to Kaththi release in telugu? Wasnt it suppose to release 21st november??

Russelldwp
27th November 2014, 08:37 PM
படம் 6 வது வாரம் ஓடுகிறது, புரொடியுசருக்கு தெரியவில்லையா. இன்று 37 வது நாள்

Russelldwp
27th November 2014, 08:44 PM
நேற்று மதியம் 2.45 காட்சி திருச்சி மாரிஸ் ராக் தியேட்டரில் படம் பார்த்தேன். நாற்பது சதவிகிதம் நிறைந்திருந்தது. இத்தியேட்டரில் படம் பார்க்க மிக அருமையாக இருந்தது. படம் பார்த்தவரிகளில் பெரும்பாலோனோர் திரும்ப திரும்ப பார்த்தவர்கள் போல என்னைப்போன்று. வசனத்தை முன் கூட்டியே சொல்லிய வண்ணம் இருந்தனர்.மாலை அரங்கு நிர்வாகிகளிடம் வசூல் விவரம் கேட்டு தெரிந்து கொண்டதை இங்கே பகிர்ந்து கொள்கிறேன்

திருச்சி - ரம்பா- 35 நாட்கள் - 78 லட்சம் - MG GIVEN BY THEATRE 45 LACS
திருச்சி - மாரிஸ் - 25 நாட்கள் - 27 லட்சம் - MG GIVEN BY THEATRE - 20 LACS
திருச்சி - காவேரி - 31 நாட்கள் - 37 லட்சம் --MG GIVEN BY THEATRE - 25 LACS
திருச்சி - விஜய் - 28 நாட்கள் - 22 லட்சம்---MG GIVEN BY THEATRE -16 LACS
திருச்சி - மெகாஸ்டார் -2 நாட்கள் - 6 லட்சம் (முதல் நாள் 5 காட்சிகளும் ரசிகர் காட்சி டிக்கட் விலை Rs.250)
சில பிரச்னை காரணமாக படம் எடுக்கப்பட்டது.

திரைஅரங்கு உரிமையாளர்கள் பகிர்ந்து கொண்ட சில உண்மைகள்

1. திருச்சியில் சிவாஜி, எந்திரன் படத்திற்கு பிறகு அதிக வசூல் பெற்ற படம் கத்தி
2. திருச்சியில் சிவாஜி, எந்திரன் படத்திற்கு அடுத்த படியாக அதிக DSHARE பெற்ற படம் கத்தி
3. TT AREAல் மொத்தம் 36 திரைகளில் 9 கோடிக்கும் அதிகமாக வசூல் செய்த ஒரே படம் கத்தி

SenGOEk
27th November 2014, 09:45 PM
For #Kaththi Spl show tomorrow @ 11am people from other cities need tickets means contact 9597922239, 8220140289 !! Bookings Open
Tomorrow Will be like FDFS Celebration !! Many Flexes were coming in. So don't miss it ;) #Kaththi

SenGOEk
28th November 2014, 08:26 PM
KATHTHI release in Kerala was live telecasted in malayalam channels!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-hqXqGSr_o

SenGOEk
28th November 2014, 08:33 PM
High Court has allowed Lyca to use their name in the films that they are producing from now on.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3gqSJ7CEAEXcU6.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3gqSOxCcAEkh86.jpg

SenGOEk
28th November 2014, 08:35 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3fkjK_CMAEDRWw.jpg

SenGOEk
28th November 2014, 08:39 PM
Snaps from Today Played SPL Video !!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3hXMmsCQAAq9YU.jpg

SenGOEk
29th November 2014, 11:10 PM
Kaththi 50 days Malayalam poster!!

Spl thanks to family & Lady audience for this success is the caption!!

Vijay Mass in Kerala!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3n2bavCEAAS0oK.jpg

SenGOEk
29th November 2014, 11:24 PM
Vijay fans mass in Anjali theatre, Trivandrum (Kerala)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCWTbMa9Sw0

mabiqukaumo
30th November 2014, 02:20 PM
Even Telugu superstar Mahesh babu liked the kathi film n also praised vijay for his performance :-D.. 'll try to post the video soon

ajaybaskar
30th November 2014, 03:54 PM
Even Telugu superstar Mahesh babu liked the kathi film n also praised vijay for his performance :-D.. 'll try to post the video soon
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=620397678086504&id=327976343995307&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FatLtA9RHeA&_rdr

mabiqukaumo
30th November 2014, 03:58 PM
tfs ajay :D

ajaybaskar
30th November 2014, 04:16 PM
Samantha and Mahesh were not in good terms,no? Everything ok now?

SenGOEk
30th November 2014, 08:55 PM
Samantha's interview with Maheshbabu, where he praises about Vijay & Kaththi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cekyhK57MCo&feature=youtu.be

SenGOEk
30th November 2014, 08:59 PM
Superstar Mahesh Babu is a big fan of Vijay's Kaththi

Two of the most important hits for Ilayathalapathy Vijay, Ghilli and Pokkiri, were remakes of Mahesh Babu's respective films in Telugu. But in recent times, Vijay hasn't been a part of remakes, after Nanban in 2012 and Kaavalan in 2011. Meanwhile his recent blockbuster Kaththi is being linked to possible remakes in Telugu and Hindi, and the names of top stars such as Pawan Kalyan, Allu Arjun, Jr NTR and Salman Khan have been doing the rounds.

In today's event "Memu Saitam – We Love Vizag" which is an initiative to raise funds for rebuilding Vizag, after the devastation by the Hudhud cyclone, Superstar Mahesh Babu expressed his appreciation for Kaththi and Vijay's superb performance in it. He also added that he wouldn't remake the movie.

"I don't do remakes as I feel I am not capable enough. When I saw Kaththi, I could see Vijay all over it and suppose when I go to the sets of a possible remake, I would just be thinking about what Vijay did in that particular scene" - Mahesh added

The event has witnessed the presence of several top Telugu film celebrities, male and female, and a variety of programs such as dance performances, skits, talk shows and cricket matches have been organised as part of the campaign.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/what-does-mahesh-babu-have-to-say-about-vijays-kaththi.html

SenGOEk
30th November 2014, 09:03 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3sVe6wCYAExQP6.jpg

SenGOEk
30th November 2014, 09:04 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3sTgJGCUAAGKnC.jpg

SenGOEk
30th November 2014, 09:07 PM
Kaththi 50days Celebration started in Acharapakkam

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3r5fGNCYAA9TRf.jpg

SenGOEk
30th November 2014, 09:12 PM
Mahesh Babu : I liked Vijay's Kaththi in recent times:) Vijay was superb in the film.In whole film just Vijay is visible to me:)

mabiqukaumo
1st December 2014, 01:08 AM
Samantha and Mahesh were not in good terms,no? Everything ok now?

seems like everthing was ok :D but....

SenGOEk
1st December 2014, 09:02 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3xheXbCQAAhvAl.jpg

SenGOEk
1st December 2014, 09:07 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
Chennai Box-Office Nov 28 to 30 . No 5 : Kaththi No.4 : Aaaah No.3 Penguins Of Madagascar No.2 Naaigal Jaakirathai No.1 Kaaviya Thalaivan.

SenGOEk
1st December 2014, 09:09 PM
KATHTHI still in top 5 in Chennai box office even after 40 days of release & despite many new releases..Mass..:thumbsup:

SenGOEk
1st December 2014, 09:13 PM
Box Office Collection: Vijay's 'Kaththi' Nearing 50 Days

Vijay's "Kaththi" is nearing the 50-day theatrical run at the box office. The film, which hit screens on 22 October, has emerged as the highest grossing Tamil film of the year so far. The film took grand openings upon its release and fared well not just in India, but also in overseas markets.

It surpassed the ₹100 crore mark in just 12 days and became the second Vijay starrer to achieve the feat after 2012-blockbuster flick "Thuppakki."

Even after completing 40 days, "Kaththi" has continued to get screened in a few theatres. The film is inching towards the 50-day mark, which will be attained next week. It has reportedly minted ₹7.78 crore at the end of fifth weekend in Chennai.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/box-office-collection-vijays-kaththi-nearing-50-days-siddharths-kaaviya-thalaivan-takes-615719

SenGOEk
1st December 2014, 09:16 PM
Kaushik LM ‏@Lmkmoviemaniac
#Vijay's #Kaththi - Blockbuster inching towards the 50 day mark
Chennai city gross estimate till date - 7.78 crores

SenGOEk
1st December 2014, 09:17 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3vA9rQCEAA0Bb1.jpg

SenGOEk
1st December 2014, 09:20 PM
CHENNAI BOX OFFICE

5. KATHTHI - 7.78Cr:thumbsup:

Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Nov 24th 2014 to Nov 30th 2014 Week : 6

Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 7,78,26,590
Verdict: Blockbuster
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 18
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 35%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 1,47,987
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 60
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 25%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 3,93,050

Vijay's Kaththi inches towards the 50 day mark

ajaybaskar
3rd December 2014, 07:47 AM
Happy New Year', 'Kaththi' Rule The Market in Nov

Bollywood movie "Happy New Year" and Tamil movie "Kaththi" have emerged as the biggest hits at Indian box office in November. Both the films were released for Dilwali and managed to make good business at collection centres in the last month.

Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Happy New Year" was released in a record number of screens on October 24. After making ₹ 157+ crores in the opening week, the Hindi film crossed ₹ 200-crore mark in November.

Whereas "Kaththi" was released on 22 October and made earth-shattering business in South India and in some foreign circuits in the opening week. The Tamil movie managed to continue its dream run at collection centres and pulled audience to theatres in November too. Indeed, it has become one of the highest-grossing films of Vijay's career.

While "Happy New Year" has made ₹203 crores in India and has grossed ₹ 380 crores worldwide, "Kaththi" has collected more than ₹ 115 crores worldwide.

Shah Rukh Khan starrer movie is the second biggest hit in India after "Kick", which made ₹233 crores at the domestic box office. The film's performance could have been a lot better after the first week. The business steadily dropped in the second week. However, its performance at international circuits has been better than the Salman Khan starrer flick.

On the other end, "Kaththi" has become the biggest hit of 2014 and its performance at domestic and international circuits have been highly impressive.

"Happy New Year" is directed by Farah Khan and it has Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani, Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah in the key roles. It is a musical heist comedy film produced by Red Chillies.

"Kaththi" is an action-thriller directed by AR Murugadoss and produced by Lyca Productions. Vijay, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Samantha are in the key roles.

Kumaran.P
4th December 2014, 10:46 AM
Today's paper ad. with Lyca name. https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/B3-aoN7CYAAQNG-.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th December 2014, 10:51 AM
Lyca court order.. https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/B36kDOOCUAAvku2.jpg
https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/B36kM_lCAAA04EV.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th December 2014, 07:05 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4A5Id7CIAEeB9t.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th December 2014, 07:10 PM
Kaththi Net Box Office Collections (at the end of six weeks) in TAMIL NADU territory wise: 65 Crores
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4LMEb4CAAEV194.png
Source : Onlykollywood

Kumaran.P
6th December 2014, 07:12 PM
Pie Chart Representation of Six-Week Territory-Wise Net Box Office Collections Estimate in TN: ~65 crores
http://www.onlykollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Kaththi-Six-Week-Territory-Wise-Net-Box-Office-Collection-in-TN-copy.png

Kumaran.P
6th December 2014, 07:13 PM
Pie Chart Representation of Six-Week Territory-Wise Producer’s Share Estimate in TN = 62% : ~40 crores
http://www.onlykollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Kaththi-Six-Week-Territory-Wise-Producers-Share-in-TN-copy.png

Kumaran.P
6th December 2014, 07:20 PM
TOP 3 Highest grossers in Chennai & Chengalpet :
1. #Endhiran- 16.5C 2. #Kaththi- 14.25C(still running) 3. #Thuppakki- 13.60C

SenGOEk
6th December 2014, 09:14 PM
trichy movies @trichymovies
#Kaththi Released Again at STAR and Venkatesa, Trichy

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4LPcmjCIAAFUwV.jpg

uruzalari
6th December 2014, 10:40 PM
Saw the film for the 6th time today. They are now showing LYCA's name in the opening credits. My friend pointed out an interesting observation. Looks like the 'Paalam' song would have originally been planned at the point where Selfie Pulla finds it's place now. The costume of both Vijay and Samantha at the start of Paalam song is the same that they wear in the lead up to Selfie pulla .( The love proposal scene with Sathish in the midst)

SenGOEk
7th December 2014, 11:04 AM
All Set for #Kaththi Spl Show today !!
Fans Yet To Arrive

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4OSOEaCYAE6l-h.jpg

SenGOEk
7th December 2014, 11:05 AM
Sonna Puriyathu Goin #Kaththi 50days spl show

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4OdMExCQAA15l2.jpg

SenGOEk
7th December 2014, 11:07 AM
Pakkam Vandhu Konjam ;) #Kaththi50

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4OklwSCQAAn6zv.jpg

gane14
7th December 2014, 01:12 PM
Saw the film for the 6th time today. They are now showing LYCA's name in the opening credits. My friend pointed out an interesting observation. Looks like the 'Paalam' song would have originally been planned at the point where Selfie Pulla finds it's place now. The costume of both Vijay and Samantha at the start of Paalam song is the same that they wear in the lead up to Selfie pulla .( The love proposal scene with Sathish in the midst)

Yes, I too noticed that.

SenGOEk
8th December 2014, 10:47 AM
Coming Wednesday the biggest grosser of the year, blockbuster #Kaththi reaches 50 days. True victory by all means

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4Q9f52CMAAf5ur.jpg

SenGOEk
8th December 2014, 10:48 AM
#Kaththi - inching towards the 50 day mark in some city screens
Chennai city gross estimate till date - 7.81 crores

SenGOEk
8th December 2014, 02:30 PM
Ajay @uktamilbo
#Kaththi approaching 50 days on Wednesday. One of the genuine UK blockbusters this year.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4Q_jL9CEAA_INZ.jpg

SenGOEk
8th December 2014, 09:46 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4VfgXLCEAEbKYi.jpg

SenGOEk
8th December 2014, 09:48 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4VUmTPIAAAVT44.jpg

SenGOEk
8th December 2014, 09:52 PM
Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Dec 01st 2014 to Dec 07th 2014

Week : 7
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 7,81,03,856
Verdict: Blockbuster
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 21
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 30%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 1,53,954
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 28
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 20%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 1,23,312

Kaththi is just a stone's throw away from the coveted 50 days mark

SenGOEk
8th December 2014, 09:54 PM
KATHTHI still holds the 5th spot in Chennai box office after 7 weeks:thumbsup:

SenGOEk
9th December 2014, 09:36 AM
ErosNowSouth @ErosNowSouth
V r very proud in announcing tht our album Kaththi by @anirudhofficial hs been selectd fr inclusion in iTunes Best of 2014 #Bestof2014
Our Congratulations 2 @anirudhofficial & his team fr achieving ths feat http://itunes.com/bestmusic2014 @soundaryaarajni

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4WApCrCIAAFL8r.jpg

SenGOEk
9th December 2014, 01:15 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets
#Kaththi50days function to happen at Palayamkottai. #Vijay and entire #Kaththi team are expected to attend the event :)

SenGOEk
9th December 2014, 01:25 PM
Kaththi is one of the best sellers of 2014

Widely proclaimed as a 'rockstar', young Anirudh Ravichander is getting ready to enthrall his huge fan following with the music of Kaaki Sattai which would release on 'Lingaa Day', 12th December. He has been regularly keeping the buzz going for the music release, with snippets, videos and teasers. Consequently there is widespread hype for the album and fans expect yet another chartbuster from this 'hit machine'.

Naanum Rowdy Dhaan is one of Anirudh's upcoming albums and we hear that the composer would come up with 5 songs for this Vignesh Shivan directorial with a theme or two as well. Given the rom-com genre of the film, Anirudh's music ought to drive the movie to heights.

In other good news for all Anirudh fans, his recent Kaththi has been selected as one of the Best Selling Albums of 2014 by iTunes India. Looks like no stopping him, after all.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/kaththi-is-one-of-the-best-sellers-of-2014.html

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 08:46 AM
Sreedhar Pillai‏@sri50
#Kaththi celebrates 50 days. A hit and highest grosser of the year so far.Congrats 2 #Ilayathalapathy,@ARMurugadoss

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 08:53 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4dgYjxCMAAkird.jpg

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 08:53 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4dgZkaCIAIqXkI.jpg

Kumaran.P
10th December 2014, 08:56 AM
https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/B4dd1QuCIAAXyIL.jpg

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 08:57 AM
Kaththi - Best Album 2014

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4diGrACQAAPNv0.jpg

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 09:00 AM
'கத்தி'க்கு கிடைத்த மேலும் ஒரு கெளரவம்

விஜய், சமந்தா நடிப்பில் ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ் இயக்கிய கத்தி திரைப்படம் பல புதிய சாதனைகளை ஏற்படுத்தி அனைவரையும் ஆச்சரியப்படுத்திய நிலையில் தற்போது புதியதாக இன்னொரு சாதனையையும் செய்துள்ளது.

2014ஆம் ஆண்டின் சிறந்த ஆல்பமாக 'கத்தி' படத்தின் பாடல்களை ஐடியூன் தேர்வு செய்துள்ளது. இந்த தகவல் கிடைத்ததும் கத்தி படக்குழுவினர் பெரும் மகிழ்ச்சி அடைந்துள்ளனர். குறிப்பாக கத்தி படத்தின் பாடல்களுக்கு இசையமைத்த அனிருத்துக்கு வாழ்த்துக்கள் குவிந்து வருகிறது.

அனிருத் ஆல்பம் சிறந்த ஆல்பமாக தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்டதால் தங்கள் நிறுவனத்திற்கு பெருமை கிடைத்ததாக ஈராஸ் மியூசிக் நிறுவனம் தெரிவித்துள்ளது. ஈராஸ் நிறுவனம்தான் கத்தி படத்தின் பாடல்கள் உரிமைகளை பெற்றுள்ளது என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது. ஐடியூன் சிறந்த ஆல்பமாக தேர்வு செய்ததற்கு அனிருத் தனது நன்றியை தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%A E%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%A4%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%A4-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%92%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%86%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%B5%E0%A E%AE%E0%AF%8D-tamil-news-120491

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 09:03 AM
50days celebration!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4dstDICYAEWrnU.jpg

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 09:04 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4drpIOCQAAJqjj.jpg

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 09:08 AM
Trichy paper ad

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4dXK6BCQAE8Jaz.jpg

VinodKumar's
10th December 2014, 10:47 AM
:clap: ...

selvamohankumar
10th December 2014, 11:26 AM
Hats off Vijay.. arr team

balaajee
10th December 2014, 11:37 AM
Hats off Vijay.. arr team
Hope they join again in near future...

elsaen11
10th December 2014, 12:05 PM
Well done. A genuine BB :notworthy:

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 12:19 PM
KATHTHI = 100cr club, for which the current generation actors are longing to achieve the feat + 50days theatrical run..Well deserved BB..:thumbsup:

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 12:44 PM
KATHTHI 50day ad in Coimbatore..Rare achievement for any film in Coimbatore..

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4edM89CcAAs6U1.jpg

GSV
10th December 2014, 12:46 PM
Thalaivar, ARM and Team :thumbsup:

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 12:47 PM
KATHTHI 50th day ad in Madurai!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4edEkhCUAIFtvJ.jpg

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 12:49 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4ecUgKCAAAhNZX.jpg

SenGOEk
10th December 2014, 12:54 PM
Kaththi does 50 days in style!

Kaththi was not just a name of a movie, it was also one of the sharpest films this year. When Vijay and Murugadoss were touted to team up again, there was enough news about the movie already.

After all the laborious hurdles to hit the screens, Kaththi had a magnificent opening and went on to make some record collections. Kaththi was not just an entertaining film, it did bring lot of social issues to notice. Vijay's screen presence, apt screenplay from Murugadoss, Anirudh's rocking music and Samantha's love support worked altogether for a highly successful product in 2014.

Nothing surprising, but the news is, Kaththi has managed an illustrious run of 50 continuous days in the box-office. In-spite of all the releases, Kaththi still managed to retain the screens and has made enough money to be declared a blockbuster.

50 days for team Kaththi! That's a feat people! Congrats to Murugadoss and team! Way to go!

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/kaththis-half-century.html

interz
10th December 2014, 04:52 PM
Congrats to the team with 50 days of success, this is the magic Vijay can create by act in a different kind of movie. Most credit goes to ARM for staying true to his script and just did his job despite the controversies that media loved to feed ppl with.

CEDYBLUE
10th December 2014, 05:31 PM
Congrats to Ilayathalapathy and Thanks to ARM for hitting the jackpot twice, first with Thuppakki and now with Kaththi :)

faithiu11
11th December 2014, 02:17 PM
Congrats to vijay and ARM..well deserved success

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 01:01 AM
Filling the theatre on its first three days is not MASS. Filling it even on the 53rd/54th day is... :)

Kaththi houseful in Spi cinemas for the saturday and Sunday shows.

http://i58.tinypic.com/10f4xms.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2a95ki1.png

CEDYBLUE
13th December 2014, 01:22 AM
Thanks for sharing it Bro :)

It's amazing to see the movie do so well after so many days and so many new releases, though it is running for only one show.

So after Anjaan, now Vijay fans take the blame for mixed responses to Lingaa? Very interesting!

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 01:26 AM
Cedy,

Its running in PVR too. And it is almost full there too. Who knows, if Lingaa didn't take up many screens, Kaththi would've had few more screens.

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 01:28 AM
Forgot that Anjaan accusation. That was rotflolmao worthy. :)

Looks like Vijay fans are in the 'good books' of other fans. Proves Vijay is going in the right direction. :)

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 01:40 AM
-deleted by self-

CEDYBLUE
13th December 2014, 01:42 AM
Oh Yeah.

And Ajay, what will happen if we decide to sleep and request others to wake up only when a certain star give a hit? We may as well, sleep for ever :)

thamiz
13th December 2014, 01:46 AM
Filling the theatre on its first three days is not MASS. Filling it even on the 53rd/54th day is... :)

Kaththi houseful in Spi cinemas for the saturday and Sunday shows.

http://i58.tinypic.com/10f4xms.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2a95ki1.png

I dont see what you see. both saturday and sunday kaththi is NOT sold out- the one show! :lol:

I think it is keep changing> :)

CEDYBLUE
13th December 2014, 01:47 AM
Vijay is ahead in the popularity charts according to Forbes?

Third straight year, he is rolling ahead.

Forbes says, Vijay's Jilla was average against a blocking buster, yet he leads, because he is more popular. Oh, that's an indicator.

Time to install photoshop and unleash, just the way things panned out after Kumudham's poll?

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 01:49 AM
Thamiz,

You can log on to spicinemas and check the seat availability. :)

thamiz
13th December 2014, 01:50 AM
I just checked it. It is green on sunday. Red on saturday but not sold out!

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 01:53 AM
Pls check the seat availability. One seat available for sat and two for Sunday. I guess its still better than showing green on the very second day, dont u think?

thamiz
13th December 2014, 02:01 AM
Pls check the seat availability. One seat available for sat and two for Sunday. I guess its still better than showing green on the very second day, dont u think?

It is OK. I dont know what you want to prove. Even if Lingaa slows down what you think is not going to happen. Kaththi run is done. It is not going to come backand rule the boxoffice. You need to accept that! :lol:

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 02:04 AM
Kaththi has proved what it wanted to. Just wanted to answer someone who claimed Kaththi didn't have any houseful shows. Thats all. :)

thamiz
13th December 2014, 02:05 AM
Kaththi has proved what it wanted to. Just wanted to answer someone who claimed Kaththi didn't have any houseful shows. Thats all. :)

Of course it had a good opening but what you tried to claim above is not going to happen. Kaththi can not come back no matter what happens to Lingaa. It has had its run. It is over. :)

CEDYBLUE
13th December 2014, 02:08 AM
Of course it had a good opening but what you tried to claim above is not going to happen. Kaththi can not come back no matter what happens to Lingaa. It has had its run. It is over. :)

Very surprised how it managed a good opening especially after it failed to have even one houseful show on the first day in Sathyam, the headquarters of Chennai BO.

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 02:12 AM
When did I claim Kaththi is going to come back and have a good run? All I said was, if Lingaa had not released, may be, kaththi would've had an extended run.

thamiz
13th December 2014, 02:16 AM
Very surprised how it managed a good opening especially after it failed to have even one houseful show on the first day in Sathyam, the headquarters of Chennai BO.

You are funny. Ajith fan?? :)

Kaththi was a hit and it had a great opening. Let us accept that fact! But I was surprised it did not cross 10 crores in Chennai BO! I thought it would. :)

thamiz
13th December 2014, 02:18 AM
When did I claim Kaththi is going to come back and have a good run? All I said was, if Lingaa had not released, may be, kaththi would've had an extended run.

The trend is changed now. Even for Rajini movies. First 10 day collection is 80% of total collection. That's what I see these days.

ajaybaskar
13th December 2014, 02:30 AM
You are funny. Ajith fan?? :)

Kaththi was a hit and it had a great opening. Let us accept that fact! But I was surprised it did not cross 10 crores in Chennai BO! I thought it would. :)
Why are you contradicting yourself. This was your another post yesterday morning.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1190322

How a film which didn't manage one single houseful show suddenly became a hit with great opening, god only knows. :)