PDA

View Full Version : PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:06 PM
#Puli Telugu(03/10/15) at Devi 70MM ! Morning Show - ₹51,928/- Matinee Show - ₹59,968/- 1st Show - ₹70,152/- (Full) 2nd Show - ₹70,152/- (Full)

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:09 PM
Ayngaran @Ayngaranholland
Box Officie King Vijay in #PULI now running House full in Cinemas near you.... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZ9qP7W8AAllhW.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:24 PM
Dindigul Cinemas
@DindigulCinemas :
#Puli reviews are now mixed to positive! It must be noted that movie received negative reviews earlier!

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 10:27 PM
Tamilanin Cinema
51m51 minutes ago
Tamilanin Cinema ‏@TamilaninCinema
At Villivakkam AGS For #Puli !! Shocked To Witness Family Audience with Kids For Night Show !! What a Craze Among Family & Kids For Vijay!!

Seems puli has been well received by target audience :2thumbsup:

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 10:31 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12119177_545204995629843_2834297302499135797_n.jpg ?oh=e34b6927892001d418967cc2d94642c9&oe=5698042D&__gda__=1452889115_0de72745c0eafb04dd46fbe667a43a1 4

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 10:32 PM
Kumaran and Nawaaz... Thanks for all the updates [emoji122] [emoji122]

Bro I personally liked the flick so much :)...so I'm so happy to share all positive things about movie...one main thing I liked about the movie is vijay is just one of the character in the movie not a hero for that I must respect him :notworthy:

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:47 PM
@actor_jayamravi has given an exclusive video byte abt his views on #Ilayathalapathy's #PULI which he watched yest ! Wil be out tmrw :)

uruzalari
3rd October 2015, 10:53 PM
Despite my dislike the first time have seen it 3 times till now. Definitely not a bad film. But not able to excuse the flashback and the last few dialogues with political overtones by speaking to the audience. Forget these 2 and I was able to enjoy the film.

Also a rather positive review from Baradwaj Rangan

https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/puli-a-colourful-diversion-for-undemanding-kids/#comments

He also has a few positive things to say in the comments section.

"Why should I take a baseball bat and bash this film? I do that when it’s frustratingly bad — this was more like meh.
It was dull, generic, could’ve used better writing — but it wasn’t wretchedly unwatchable or some such thing. I do think little kids will like it. It’s colourful. Some of the effects are nicely realised."

"I really don’t get this hate for Puli. It’s dull, meh, yes, but hardly an I or Lingaa. :-) Big star and big director film seem to get people hysterical.
Another thing I don’t get is how many people rush out to see this despite the bad WOM."

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 10:58 PM
Ajay Srinivasan
1h1 hour ago
Ajay Srinivasan ‏@Ajaychairman
Despite mixed reviews, Mayajaal has allotted 69 shows of #Puli for tomorrow (Day 4)

ecureuhapis
3rd October 2015, 11:10 PM
flashback and shruti scenes aside, i loved the movie.

technically it's superb with top notch camera, VFX, art direction.

CD has lot of great ideas, they might have been flawed in execution, but the fundamental intention is there and we should appreciate VJ/CD for coming up with a rare genre.

it's picking up steam now with family and kids and should be an easy stroll to another 100c for us.

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 11:13 PM
flashback and shruti scenes aside, i loved the movie.

technically it's superb with top notch camera, VFX, art direction.

CD has lot of great ideas, they might have been flawed in execution, but the fundamental intention is there and we should appreciate VJ/CD for coming up with a rare genre.

it's picking up steam now with family and kids and should be an easy stroll to another 100c for us.

Iam happy to see that negative reviews are turning in to positive reviews😊.hope this will reflect in our box office also

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:16 PM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac:
FOUND OUT my abusive psycho caller who cant tolerate anything positive that I say abt Puli. You cant stop me! Better for all if it ends here

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:16 PM
Oru padatha flop aaka ipdi mukkaraanungalae.

ecureuhapis
3rd October 2015, 11:19 PM
Iam happy to see that negative reviews are turning in to positive reviews��.hope this will reflect in our box office also

Negative reviews were from the ones with internet early after release.

majority of audience (in TN atleast) are family + kids, they won't have time to post their views

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 11:21 PM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac:
FOUND OUT my abusive psycho caller who cant tolerate anything positive that I say abt Puli. You cant stop me! Better for all if it ends here
He is a hardcore ajith fan. Good to see him supporting Vijay movie :clap:

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:27 PM
He is a hardcore ajith fan. Good to see him supporting Vijay movie :clap:

Yeah. He seems to be liked the movie.

ecureuhapis
3rd October 2015, 11:34 PM
Akkada pradesathulo account open cheyyendi

First Day: Superb Openings For Puli and Shivam
October 03 , 2015 | UPDATED 13:59 IST

Vijay starrer Puli hit the theatres in Andhra Pradesh and Nizam areas from evening shows on Friday, 36 hours late than the scheduled date due to financial problems.

Despite the delay, Vijay's movie surprised the trade as the film got stunning openings for evening shows too.

In all areas, it got nearly 100 percent collections. But the film's talk is not encouraging. Poor man's Baahubali is the talk that it is getting from everyone as the visual effects are very substandard.

On the other hand, Ram's Shivam too got stunning day 1 figures in AP and Nizam. Since Ram delivered a hit with Pandaga Chesuko recently, he could get such fabulous openings.

But the movie might not stand at the box-office as it has received very bad talk and all the critics slammed the movie.

VinodKumar's
3rd October 2015, 11:55 PM
Watched it 4th time today !!! It's not a surprise for me to see family audiences for a Vijay movie. Response from Kids and families were better than I expected.

I feel bad for art director, VFX team, costume designers and cinematographer for all their efforts. Should have been a fantastic fantasy movie if CD and VJ have not compromised for VJ image. Worst comedies, unnecessary songs (Yaendi Yaendi and Sottaval), worst dialogues and poor flashback were the culprits. Movie also needed little more effort from Vijay in terms of body language and dialogue delivery. Kids were going mad for lilliput, frog, tortoise and fight sequences.

Songs were choreographed well. Especially the intro song. hope all VJ fans have noticed the single shot sequence in intro song !!!

Kumaran.P
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/12087850_1687947248095320_8042488011357899213_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

Nawaaz
Awesome video about fans war in Twitter Facebook...everyone must watch this video :clap:
https://youtu.be/oNZFUgiq7t4

CEDYBLUE
4th October 2015, 12:04 AM
The Prejudice, Politics and Puli

Showtime: 03-Oct-15, 7:00 p.m.
Showplace: Chakravarthy Cinemas, Nagercoil
Showman: Ilayathalapathy Vijay
Showpiece: Puli

After reading all the ‘bash-him, kill-him’ reviews about Puli, after reading about the IT raids, the possible income tax evasion/breach of fan-trust by Vijay (who is seen as a role-model for many including me), after discussing with few of my brothers from the Vijay gang about how Vijay of the Sura-era, the self-praising hero with political ambitions is back in Puli, after pondering a lot and later reluctantly driving to theatres, after thinking about walking out twice in the first half an hour or so after being bombarded with cheap 'first-night' jokes (Natty was talking about clean family entertainer, was wondering what he was referring to), after a lot of further afters , I actually ended up enjoying the rest of the show and found out that most of the criticisms, and all talks of 'sura 2' were emotional, knee-jerk and unfair.

There is a group which brings in Sura 2, each time a Vijay movie releases, with a vain hope of seeing Vijay fail, but I am not talking about that group here.

I was wondering why so many Vijay fans were up in arms, lining up first before sunrise to fire the first salvo at Vijay.

I understand and respect personal opinions of every fan here, but also please allow me to register my thoughts and I welcome your thoughts and comments on this.

Vijay may have evaded income tax, which if true would be a blow to my personal liking for him, but for the moment, let's stick with just puli.

Replace Vijay with any other hero in Puli.

A young Vedhalam is growing in a slave outfit. As a boy, he witnesses the killing of his sister by the Vedhalams. Later he sees his father’s hand chopped off by a vedhalam, As a yound man, he also has to witness the kidnapping of his sweetheart by the powerful vedhalams. This hero, a skilled young man is seen as the silver lining by the villagers to be play a warrior in taking on the vedhalams. You would have forgiven this young village man if he says 'Muyarchi illane than Veelchi'. Don’t you?

But alas, it is Vijay here and hah, here is that sinister political ambitions of him.

Replace Vijay with another hero in Puli.

The hero is in pursuit of his lady love and is on an adventure-filled trip to find her. He encounters a talking frog and he casually says 'Nallatha Thalaivan Sonna Enna, Thavala Sonna Enna, Ethukavendiyathu Thanne', most of us would have liked the line. Don’t we?

Here it is uttered by Vijay, who has a dark political past, that hard scars of the Kuruvi-Villu-Sura, era. Hah, Vijay and his sinister political ambitions. It's all back, is it?

Replace Vijay with another hero in Puli

Puli has a cliched flashback, a thought shared by most of the so-called critics. Every flashback in every movie, contemporary, fantasy or historical is cliched. Infact, flashback itself is severely cliched as highlighted in Thani Oruvan. Puli had a 10-minute, yes just a 10-minute quick flashback where a prince for his love of the masses, utters a few 'makkal' dialogues and gives his life for them. Every revolution has martyrs and Puli also shows a brave martyr in the flashback portion.

It would have passed unscathed, all the dialogues had it been a Ram Charan or a Prabas, but here we have man with a history of political ambitions and now, is that all back, again, those sinister political ambitions?

When every other tom, dick and harry could be given the benefit of doubt and even revered for uttering powerful political lines, why do we line up in arms to belt stones at Vijay?

Why this prejudice over politics on Vijay?

Vijay fans should start seeing Vijay as an entertainer. The reason i say that is most of us i am sure, started liking Vijay, the entertainer. Don’t we?

Show me one Vijay fan, who is his fan, because Vijay harbours political ambitions, I certainly have not come across one such fan.

We love to see his dance, his presence, his action scenes, his songs, the dialogues, the comedy, his fitness, etc.., That is the Vijay we like.

Then, why are we obsessed with his political ambitions? I was serverly guilty of seeing Vijay with a prejudice during his dark Kuruvi-Villu-Sura days. I did not like all the self-boasting, the political hints and all related stunts. Now after watching Puli, I have a feeling, we have been unfair towards him.

So puli has a few political dialogues, let's just hate that and move forward. Let's just take the things we have always liked in Vijay. In that regard, I enjoyed 80% of Puli.

Why should we start worrying about the political lines and get into a defensive mode? Are we worried about ‘others’ mocking Vijay or mocking us for Vijay?

So we fire the bullet first at Vijay, before anyone else aims one at Vijay and us?

If mocking had the power to distroy Vijay, he would have been dead, burried and invisible by now. The love for Vijay is greater than the hate and every single record, every single stat, every single fact, bears testimony to this.

I have seen and heard people call the superstar names for his political dialogues, when I was a boy. Rajni fans, I apologize for bringing his name here and if anyone feels offended, let me know, I will edit it immediately.

I read a post a few days ago here in hub about how one of our hubbers had opined that Vijay is just a media-created, unworthy competitior to another actor here. I think it’s the other way around. Vijay will always divide opinions and there will be a group, which will not like him. Period. We should learn to accept that and move forward.

Vijay is Vijay and he is going to be Vijay.

Let him have political aspirations, so what?

How many would dare to get into politics, given the obvious risks, but Vijay is daring to think that way, Why not?

Whether he is going to get into politics like MGR or decide otherwise like Rajni, it's up to him.

Let us just enjoy his screen presence, his dance, his fights, his comedy and move on.

Vijay, the entertainer is a cut-above any of his contemporaries. For me, that is all that is going to matter from now on. His political ambitions is his personal choice, let's learn to respect that.

How many would dare to try a fantasy genre at this stage of career?

I found the story of Puli engaging and the script, solid. Chimbudevan deserves credit. Let us not make him the next Rajkumar. Let's not find scapegoats to divert our frustration and put the blame. I liked the basic plot and it was refreshing to see the fantasy world, the taking birds, the giant man, the liliputs, the vedhalams with special powers, etc.

Sridevi was outstanding and all the scenes involving her was very well executed.

Sudeep has done a commendable job.

Hansika seems to have enjoyed her role.

Sruthi, i found was disconnected and a misfit.

DSP’s theme music was solid.

Apart from the first half an hour or so, I found Puli to be a fascinating ride into a fantasy world.

Puli, despite the poor start thanks to the cancelled shows, followed by mixed reviews, has still managed a solid show at the box office.

I am going to follow the box office fortunes of Puli with even bigger zest than before. I am interested in seeing where it eventually heads into. This is a litmus test of Vijay’s star power and I am going to see where he stands.

If my comments has hurt any Vijay fan here, I apologize in advance.

And to fans of other stars like Bimmer, Freedom, Tamiz and others, who have given Vijay fans the space without aiming to degrade neither Vijay nor this fans, I hope we get a chance to replicate your gesture.

Will catch up Puli again soon with family to catch a glimpse of the master-entertainer again.

Vijay, here i come, again!

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 12:10 AM
Should have been a fantastic fantasy movie if CD and VJ have not compromised for VJ image. Worst comedies, unnecessary songs (Yaendi Yaendi and Sottaval), worst dialogues and poor flashback were the culprits. Movie also needed little more effort from Vijay in terms of body language and dialogue delivery. Kids were going mad for lilliput, frog, tortoise and fight sequences.
Vinod except songs and just one or two mass or political related dialogues there is no such scenes that shows VJ image in this flick...yes I agree your view on songs...i expected the worst in flashback but it was short and acceptable so I was ok with that :mrgreen:...

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 12:19 AM
Cedy bro marana mass review :smokesmirk: ...you spoke my mind :notworthy:

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:24 AM
Nice review and other points Cedy bro :clap: :thumbsup:

cittu
4th October 2015, 12:25 AM
Cedy bro, fantastic article.
Vj nalla irukkanum, athanala avarukku arasiyal venam nnu thonuthu.

VinodKumar's
4th October 2015, 12:25 AM
Nawaaz, I meant the masala items. Intro sequences, that long first night comedies, karun chiruthai fight etc ...Movie has very good story !!! For these kind of movies you should start the story right from the beginning ...It dint look like a fantasy movie for first 30 40 minutes !!!

When movie was going in full speed (Vijay's earlier stages in Vedhala kotai), there comes a song grrr ... personally I am frustrated because this movie should have come out as one of the best movie for Vijay but they wasted it. Vijay has come long way. By now he should know when a movie needs a song. If its Sura Villu kind of movie thodachipottutu adutha padathuku poiralam but indha padathuku ivalo efforts pottum nenachapadi varalaena kadiya irrukku.

Sorry for polambals, I was in the same situation after ATM also :).

I should mention about DSP also. He has done a fantastic job in BGM. Exceeded my expectations.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:26 AM
#KamalHaasan with #Vijay and #ShrutiHaasan at the #Puli shoot spot .. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQafM4AUAAA_tqn.jpg

VinodKumar's
4th October 2015, 12:29 AM
Regarding political dialogues ...most of them looked like inserted for me ..

Kotaiku Neenga kootitu pogalaenalum naane vandhuruvaen ... erangiyaachu rendula onnu paathuralam ... kotai namakku .. raniku yen mela sandhaegam illa naduvula irukavgaluku thaan .. Nallai vidiyal makkaluku oru nalla vidiyala irrukum .. climax dialogues were like election campaign dialogues :banghead:.

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 12:30 AM
#97DaysToGo!!!
#97DaysToGo!!! – ‏@Urs_KNS - Andhra pradesh

#Puli Sangam Day2 Gross - 68k!!! Highest Single Day Gross 4 Vijay!!! Crosses #Jilla Full Run Share(1.1lks) In 2Days!!!!
10:10 AM - 3 Oct 2015

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 12:41 AM
Regarding political dialogues ...most of them looked like inserted for me ..

Kotaiku Neenga kootitu pogalaenalum naane vandhuruvaen ... erangiyaachu rendula onnu paathuralam ... kotai namakku .. raniku yen mela sandhaegam illa naduvula irukavgaluku thaan .. Nallai vidiyal makkaluku oru nalla vidiyala irrukum .. climax dialogues were like election campaign dialogues :banghead:.
Seriously all these political dialogues???

VinodKumar's
4th October 2015, 12:45 AM
Vijay may have evaded income tax, which if true would be a blow to my personal liking for him, but for the moment, let's stick with just puli.

No need to worry about it if you are fan of his profession.

I am not justifying it. It's wrong. But when some people takes it seriously as if they dont do it we dont need to worry about it. Even people who comes under TDS evade income tax by submitting fake house rent receipt, medical bills etc . IT company la oruthan Tax evade panna avan buthisali adhae Vijay panna avan dhesa drogi. Indha naatula evanavadhu oruthan sandhosama tax katturinga ? tax ah yemadhuradhu eppdi na ellorum modhala vandhu nippanga ... pongada dei. Adhu seri ooru irukavan lam nallavana irrukkanum aana naa eppdi venumnalum iruppaengaravanga thaan namellam.

VinodKumar's
4th October 2015, 12:48 AM
Seriously all these political dialogues???

Enakku appdi thaan therinjadhu :(. For last two times I came out of theatre before he start his dialogues !!!

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 12:51 AM
Vinodh see this as normal Tamil fantasy movie bro you will like...forget politics or any fantasy English movie in mind while watching :) ..i personally feel your giving too much thoughts on dialogues rather just watching it.....especially don't watch it with you friends who is not Vijay fans :yes: it has opportunity for them to freak us :lol:

VinodKumar's
4th October 2015, 01:09 AM
Other than Avatar I haven't watched any fantasy english movies. I am very much satisfied with fantasy portions of Puli.

All four times I watched with Vijay fans only. even if not they dont disturb me because I dont disturb them :). It's not about my liking .. I didn't like Sura also and dint pour my frustrations like this ..because that movie was not even worth for getting frustrated :lol:.

As I said earlier this movie should have been in vera level in terms of critical acclaims and box office pull if they have not compromised the script for few unwanted items. That's my frustration. Anyway let me stop here.

Dammy R
4th October 2015, 01:33 AM
Cedy... Very well articulated review. Spoke my mind in your review...I was going to write one up as well after this initial splur of reactions ease out after Sunday.

To be honest, as much as I also found the movie to be average, which I mentioned here after I watched the movie, I totally disagree with some of the comments here around Vijays body language and dialogue delivery. Yes the punch lines in the very brief flashback did seem over the top, but when I saw it first time, those scenes got the maximum cheers from the front benchers, which is exactly what CD and Vijay would have wanted. When I watched it the second time, I found those to be a bit odd myself, but like you said, it was a brief 10 to 15 minute flashback.

Coming to body language, I seriously don't understand what the issue is. Getting the body language and mannerisms etc accurate is of utmost importance if its a historical movie, which is where my disagreement is. This IS NOT a historical movie...its a fantasy movie. Which means you can take cinematic liberties, and not look for perfection and correctness of characters, their attire, and mannerisms. Vijay uses very typical mannerisms for comedy scenes (which he did even in Kaththi), and some of us do find it odd, but that's done purely for his kid audience. The mannerisms that he uses for punch lines which do look over the top are for those front benchers, who didn't like Nanban for this exact same reason. Vijay cannot play the Kaththi Jeevanandham character in every movie, can he? He has a variety in his audience base and sometimes he falls prey to that temptation. Let's learn to accept some of these minor flaws and admire the other majority of what he does to entertain us.

As for the political dialogues, I sincerely think we, as his fans, are the ones to be blamed here for taking it way too seriously. This is a story about a kingdom, a queen, a princess, with him playing a prince. I didn't find those dialogues out of place at all. Just cos it's Vijay and his strong aspirations about getting into politics (not sure if he still harbors that interest), we tend to relate everything he says to this aspiration. And even if it is true, so be it. Some of us may not like that decision and some of us may welcome it. As long as he continues to entertain us, we should just give him his space and focus on him being a hero. Fans of Chiru or Pawan Kalyan don't do this nor do their films get into trouble for mouthing such dialogues. Why is it that only in TN we see such instances and that too mainly for Vijay (there are instances of couple other stars, but for Vijay it's becoming a routine..for his movies to land into release troubles).

I still stick to my individual feeling about the movie that the screenplay did feel dragging, especially the first 30 mts... And couple of songs were definitely speed-breakers. I even mentioned the same in my day 1 review. Vijay has to be applauded for his guts to sign such a project at a stage when he was in form...he could've easily signed even someone like Hari and given a masala movie and delivered a hit but he didn't.

Personally, I feel the biggest issue with his hardcore fans and us is that 2 of his biggest blockbusters have come in the last 4 years with ARM and we expect the same output even from the likes of Neason and ChimbuDevan..which is unfair.

Again, these are just my thoughts and my opinion...wasn't intended to offend anyone here.. I am sure a few of you would disagree with my thoughts too, which is fine :-)

Let's just hope that Puli sails through into the safe zone in the coming few days.

Cheers!!!

Dammy R
4th October 2015, 01:44 AM
Archana Kalpathi @archanakalpathi #Puli #FDFS@ags_cinemas #SaraVedi ����( that's me)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQNmZrnUYAAUFdk.jpg

Just saw this ..typical fanboy material this Archana Kalpathi is....her admiration for Vijay has to be applauded. Being into a business where she has to produce different actors' projects, screen their movies in her cinema halls, she is very open about her being an ardent Vijay fan. Even her Twitter handle description says that... Good to see her and few other known personalities being open about their liking for a particular hero.

VinodKumar's
4th October 2015, 02:10 AM
Coming to body language, I seriously don't understand what the issue is. Getting the body language and mannerisms etc accurate is of utmost importance if its a historical movie, which is where my disagreement is. This IS NOT a historical movie...its a fantasy movie.

Dammy, It's a fantasy movie in historic backdrop. We can't excuse the flaws in body language because its a fantasy movie. IMO especially in second half Vijay was odd man out in body language and dialogue delivery. Weren't we thinking before movie release that Vijay's getup is because he travels back from real time ?

Those are the items make an average movie to good and good movie to very good !!!

Shanker
4th October 2015, 06:37 AM
Last night during Puli screening at Scarborough Town Centre and Mississauga. An individual slashed both screens during the show and left. The movie was eventually stopped and had to be moved to another screen.

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t1.0-9/12036649_937902016256997_2374030234466509876_n.jpg ?oh=467f86c109da5ac5f43d61972bec418d&oe=56D3871E

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 08:00 AM
Good post Dammy :clap: I always wonder why there should be 5 songs in every movie when they know that it's going to be showstopper...

GSV
4th October 2015, 08:00 AM
Well written posts guys...[emoji106] [emoji106]

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 08:01 AM
That guy got to be high to do such crazy thing :mrgreen: shanker you were there that time???

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 08:05 AM
Cedy... Very well articulated review. Spoke my mind in your review...I was going to write one up as well after this initial splur of reactions ease out after Sunday.

To be honest, as much as I also found the movie to be average, which I mentioned here after I watched the movie, I totally disagree with some of the comments here around Vijays body language and dialogue delivery. Yes the punch lines in the very brief flashback did seem over the top, but when I saw it first time, those scenes got the maximum cheers from the front benchers, which is exactly what CD and Vijay would have wanted. When I watched it the second time, I found those to be a bit odd myself, but like you said, it was a brief 10 to 15 minute flashback.

Coming to body language, I seriously don't understand what the issue is. Getting the body language and mannerisms etc accurate is of utmost importance if its a historical movie, which is where my disagreement is. This IS NOT a historical movie...its a fantasy movie. Which means you can take cinematic liberties, and not look for perfection and correctness of characters, their attire, and mannerisms. Vijay uses very typical mannerisms for comedy scenes (which he did even in Kaththi), and some of us do find it odd, but that's done purely for his kid audience. The mannerisms that he uses for punch lines which do look over the top are for those front benchers, who didn't like Nanban for this exact same reason. Vijay cannot play the Kaththi Jeevanandham character in every movie, can he? He has a variety in his audience base and sometimes he falls prey to that temptation. Let's learn to accept some of these minor flaws and admire the other majority of what he does to entertain us.

As for the political dialogues, I sincerely think we, as his fans, are the ones to be blamed here for taking it way too seriously. This is a story about a kingdom, a queen, a princess, with him playing a prince. I didn't find those dialogues out of place at all. Just cos it's Vijay and his strong aspirations about getting into politics (not sure if he still harbors that interest), we tend to relate everything he says to this aspiration. And even if it is true, so be it. Some of us may not like that decision and some of us may welcome it. As long as he continues to entertain us, we should just give him his space and focus on him being a hero. Fans of Chiru or Pawan Kalyan don't do this nor do their films get into trouble for mouthing such dialogues. Why is it that only in TN we see such instances and that too mainly for Vijay (there are instances of couple other stars, but for Vijay it's becoming a routine..for his movies to land into release troubles).

I still stick to my individual feeling about the movie that the screenplay did feel dragging, especially the first 30 mts... And couple of songs were definitely speed-breakers. I even mentioned the same in my day 1 review. Vijay has to be applauded for his guts to sign such a project at a stage when he was in form...he could've easily signed even someone like Hari and given a masala movie and delivered a hit but he didn't.

Personally, I feel the biggest issue with his hardcore fans and us is that 2 of his biggest blockbusters have come in the last 4 years with ARM and we expect the same output even from the likes of Neason and ChimbuDevan..which is unfair.

Again, these are just my thoughts and my opinion...wasn't intended to offend anyone here.. I am sure a few of you would disagree with my thoughts too, which is fine :-)

Let's just hope that Puli sails through into the safe zone in the coming few days.

Cheers!!!

Well written bro.👍🏻👍🏻

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 08:31 AM
What a response man not even a fight scene...just amazed seeing this much response for melody song :notworthy: gotto say he looks more handsome in puli than other movies...
http://youtu.be/QQb6eHyEvYI

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 09:05 AM
'Puli' Second Day (two-day) Box Office Collection: Ilayathalapathy's film performs exceedingly well on Friday

Ilayathalapathy Vijay's "Puli", which opened to mixed reviews from the audience and critics, has done exceeding well at the box office on its second day.
"Puli" had suffered some losses on the opening day due to the delay in release over financial issues. However, the movie performed to its full strength on day two at the box office.
The early estimates from the trade says that "Puli" has earned about Rs 11.30 crore from 400+ centres in Tamil Nadu. It means the movie has performed better than its first day where it had raked in Rs 10.75 crore with a net business of Rs 8.60 crore.
The response has been good in Karnataka too, where the movie has collected close to Rs 4 crore (approximately) from two days. In Kerala, it has done a business of Rs 3.2 crore with the movie making a crore from the rest of India.
The total business done by the flick on the second day in India is above Rs 21 crore. "Puli" has been grandly welcomed by overseas audience too. It has done well in the US, UK, France and Malaysia and the two day collection from the overseas centres is approximately Rs 10 crore.
However, these are the early estimates and the exact figures are yet to be out.
Meanwhile, the Telugu version has not been released due to some legal issues. As a result, the movie suffered some major losses. The collection made by the Hindi version is not revealed yet.
The Vijay starrer fantasy-adventure movie had landed in financial issues in the last-minute of its release, leading to cancellation of early morning and follow up shows. As a result, it could not post a big total on the first day. However, the second day was good for the flick despite the mixed reviews. http://www.ibtimes.co.in/puli-second-day-two-day-box-office-collection-ilayathalapathys-film-performs-exceedingly-well-648984

faithiu11
4th October 2015, 09:47 AM
Btw my family watched puli yesterday and they all said its watchable v liked it...kids enjoyed really well and said should appreciate vijay for taking this kind of risk at this point of time...

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:00 AM
Seems telugu version doing good :) good to see :clap:

ActionHero
4th October 2015, 10:02 AM
Puli padam hit-o illayo, Ana oru nalla vishyam nadakuthu. Common public and neutrals are realizing that there are groups which are trying very hard to pull Vijay down due to personal grudge by criticizing the movie to extreme levels. I'm seeing lots of people who are not Vijay fans in social media stepping up to voice their view in support of Puli movie. At the end the people who wants to pull Vijay down actually helping him to grow even more. In the process they are also losing their credibility among public and neutrals. When next time they say anything bad about Vijay, it won't carry the same value and impact among others.

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:02 AM
Vijay Puli fetched very good shares in Telugu Telugu States. Even though movie lost 2 shows on release day , Puli managed to get very good collections. As per the early estimates , Puli 2 days AP&TG share will be more than 1.7 Crs . If movie sustains well, it expected to collect 1Cr share today .Stay tuned for more updates.
http://tollyrevenue.com/2015/10/terrific-openings-for-puli-in-telugu-states/

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 10:05 AM
Carnival Cinemas DGL
@aarthigrand :
#Puli- A must watch movie for Kids & Family! Come, Celebrate

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:06 AM
Puli padam hit-o illayo, Ana oru nalla vishyam nadakuthu. Common public and neutrals are realizing that there are groups which are trying very hard to pull Vijay down due to personal grudge by criticizing the movie to extreme levels. I'm seeing lots of people who are not Vijay fans in social media stepping up to voice their view in support of Puli movie. At the end the people who wants to pull Vijay down actually helping him to grow even more. In the process they are also losing their credibility among public and neutrals. When next time they say anything bad about Vijay, it won't carry the same value and impact among others.
:exactly: bro...

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQcGUIcUcAAC5RE.jpg

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:10 AM
Kaushik LM
Kaushik LM – ‏@Lmkmoviemaniac

Yaendi Yaendi from #Puli is the current No.1 song in Chennai FMs ..

maniram_1234
4th October 2015, 10:21 AM
விஜய் நடித்த 'புலி' திரைப்படம் தமிழ், மற்றும் இந்தியில் நேற்று முன் தினம் ரிலீஸ் ஆகி கலவையான விமர்சனங்களை பெற்று வந்த நிலையில் இந்த படம் தெலுங்கில் நேற்று ரிலீஸ் ஆகியுள்ளது.

'புலி' படத்தின் தெலுங்கு ரிலீஸ் உரிமையை பெற்றுள்ள பிரபல விநியோகிஸ்தர் ஷோபாராணி பேட்டி ஒன்றில் கூறுகையில், 'புலி திரைப்படம் தெலுங்கில் நேற்று ரிலீஸாகி வெற்றிகரமாக ஓடிக்கொண்டிருக்கின்றது. குழந்தைகள் மற்றும் ஃபேமிலி ஆடியன்ஸ்கள் கூட்டம் கூட்டமாக வருவதால் இன்று முதல் மேலும் 250 தியேட்டர்களில் புலி படத்தை ரிலீஸ் செய்துள்ளோம்.

எங்கள் நிறுவனத்திற்கு மிகுந்த லாபம் கொடுத்த படங்களில் ஒன்றாகவே 'புலி' இருக்கும் என்பதில் சந்தேகம் இல்லை என்று கூறியுள்ளார்.

rifath
4th October 2015, 10:42 AM
Watched Puli 3 times!except for the slow start...nothing to complain

VinodKumar's
4th October 2015, 10:42 AM
Looks like first day work by netizens has backfired ....I see better reviews along with comment "not bad as portrayed by social media people" !!!

rifath
4th October 2015, 11:14 AM
Yup it has benefitted the film! But IMO regardless of that this is a good film with some flaws! It's on the likes of night at muesuem,enchanted,peterpan! But I think people expected it to be like bahubali..but adhu war film! Idhu oru Disney movie Maari!Producers should have promoted it that way!

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 11:17 AM
Watched Puli 3 times!except for the slow start...nothing to complain

same thoughts..except for first 30mins slow start,i dont have any complaints..i did not expect anything out of box from CD so i was pretty much satisfied with the movie..climax could've been better though..

Dammy R
4th October 2015, 11:18 AM
Dammy, It's a fantasy movie in historic backdrop. We can't excuse the flaws in body language because its a fantasy movie. IMO especially in second half Vijay was odd man out in body language and dialogue delivery. Weren't we thinking before movie release that Vijay's getup is because he travels back from real time ?

Those are the items make an average movie to good and good movie to very good !!!

[/COLOR]

Vinod, I hear you and definitely understand your perspective now bro. However, I still don't agree. Because, I watched with a mindset that it is a pure fantasy with no connection whatsoever to history or any historical backdrop. To me, it was purely a movie with an imaginary world....which is why I didn't find anything out of place in the movie...including a talking bird, a frog that behaves that way, or an aamai and all the other fantasy characters. I was open to accept anything....and believed anyone could behave and react anyway they wanted..cos in the end, it is an imaginary world.

I respect your opinion bro...am in fact glad that we are openly admitting the flaws...whether its in the movie or if it's Vijay...and not blindly accepting anything even when we don't agree.

Probably at this stage, I would say let's agree to disagree on this point bro ;-)

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 11:21 AM
Did any one know about the performance of movie on 3rd day

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 11:27 AM
Dindigul Cinemas
@DindigulCinemas
#Puli(Telugu) is doing phenomenal business at AP/Telungana! Occupancy is increasing as direct telugu release #Shivam started to drop!

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 11:29 AM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac
#Puli 2nd time notes - Stunning grandeur for the Vedalakotai palaces, amazing set design - Neat work on Aamai, Otraikannan & all other VFX

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 11:29 AM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac
#Puli- Hope the team releases making videos of the grt work done by the VFX team, the art design team & also #Vijay's graceful sword fights

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 11:31 AM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac
#Puli- Hope the team releases making videos of the grt work done by the VFX team, the art design team & also #Vijay's graceful sword fights

Its happy to see that he is supporting the movie very well.

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 11:37 AM
There was a video on how vfx was done. Now they have removed it I guess

maniram_1234
4th October 2015, 11:37 AM
‎Puli‬ was full and full promoted as a fantasy movie and many of crew members said kids and family audiences will like it.. They showed everything in the trailer on how the movie going to be..

But still people expect commercial movies just bcz Vijay is there.. Guyz do u know the meaning of fantasy? When Vijay does a commercial cinema, reviewers said " Strictly for Vijay fans".. When Vijay tries a different genre,reveiwers said "Why Vijay is doing unecessary works"..

The movie is fantasy guyz, go with open mind and enjoy the movie.. You will enjoy too with Family audiences + kids.. wink emoticon

cittu
4th October 2015, 11:50 AM
Yes, from starting production team promoted PULI as fantacy genre and asked to dont comparewith Bahubali. But some set people still adament.

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 11:52 AM
Kokki Kumar. Such a creature :evil:

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12119105_893372254031683_1961480811108610482_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=92a412dc75e957f241e502ff50db0e7d&oe=56A3539E

rifath
4th October 2015, 11:55 AM
Psycho bro ivan!

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:00 PM
SVR Media Says - #Puli Telugu version 250 Shows increased from Today. Family audience enjoying the movie.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:02 PM
Kokki Kumar. Such a creature :evil:

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12119105_893372254031683_1961480811108610482_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=92a412dc75e957f241e502ff50db0e7d&oe=56A3539E

This reflects their height of insecurity...he's also paid to do this..also that organized effort to circulate memes/videos against Puli behind vadapalani police station all proves their insecurity over Vijay's stardom and growth.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:08 PM
1 Theater Increased in Cbe Distribution area Due to Family Audience demand. Final Theater Count 76
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQc0uJqWgAE-roY.jpg

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 12:09 PM
Vijay fans mind set now. First day namma intha padam thaan paathoma.... Lol

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:13 PM
Ticket of Puli in Japan https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQclqo9U8AAJPxW.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:15 PM
*Extra 250 screens added for #Puli in AP/TG after massive success *Overtakes their local release #Shivam- Eenadu https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQdBjy8UsAAgkPW.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:19 PM
Without telugu,premiers in overseas & late beginning in India,#Puli becomes the 11th biggest opener from South #Day1 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQcrOcRUkAAULmW.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:21 PM
LA Cinema Maris
@MarisLACinema:
#FamilyAudience #Housefullshows #Puli

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:22 PM
Ajay Srinivasan
@Ajaychairman
Devi Cineplex opens next week (Oct 9) bookings for #Puli Continues to get Devi big screen

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:24 PM
Ajay Srinivasan
@Ajaychairman:
Abirami Mega Mall opens Week 2 bookings (from Oct 9) #Puli continues to get big screen Abirami 7Star.
Ajay Srinivasan
@Ajaychairman:
Kolathur Ganga opens Week 2 bookings. #Puli continues to get Ganga big screen.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:28 PM
Shan
@Shan_Sbb:
#Puli more than 4700 entries in just 3 days in France.

arulraj
4th October 2015, 12:30 PM
Happy Sunday guys...cheers with two chilled beers and puli positive feedback and BO numbers....

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:54 PM
Puli Hindi version Theatre list https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQdFQ3rUwAAsr2_.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQdHa9wUwAAGRPj.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQc_UjXUEAADNHb.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 12:57 PM
#Puli(Telugu) Hyderabad Theatres List ! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQdDH8-VAAE1Y_F.png

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 01:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQdVrN0UAAAHGAt.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 02:32 PM
Ayngaran France @AyngaranFrance
Puli' vettai is Still going on saturday collection as expected 2049 entries for 27017€ in 4 theatres.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 02:33 PM
Carnival Cinemas DGL @aarthigrand
#Puli again in all 5 screens from Matinee!#Maya shows cancelled for matinee & evening!

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 02:34 PM
MuRuGaRaMu ThEaTrE @murugaramu_kkl Sunday #puli #kkl morning ,&matinee show fully packed !

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 02:36 PM
ともめてうす @tomonomad
Puli Puli Puli Puli Puliiiiiiiii !!!! in JAPAN!!!!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQdGIGaUwAAT_Df.jpg

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 02:44 PM
pooja nikitha
2h2 hours ago
pooja nikitha ‏@PoojaNikitha
#puli movie gonna start in 5 minutes. Full of kids and family audience. 6 to 60 were in theatre. Family time now :D. 2nd time 😀

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 02:45 PM
Very glad to see repeated audience:) this is very good for movie :2thumbsup:

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 02:46 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas @RamCinemas
#Puli- Housefull Matnie

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 02:47 PM
Actor Jiiva about Puli!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U5fTRvKfhc

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 02:49 PM
KashayamWithBosskey
KashayamWithBosskey – ‏@bosskeyactor

Another record knocked down by #Puli
Tiger(Puli) remains king of jungle! :smokesmirk:
2015 Best occupancy!
First 3 days in TN:
#Puli 95.2%
#Ai 90.2%
#Masss 88.1%
https://twitter.com/Movie_Matinee/status/650595111521267712 …

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 02:52 PM
m a big fan of Sridevi ma'am. I want #Puli to succeed as much as #SinghIsBliing much as #SinghIsBliing-Prabhudheva
http://skjbollywoodnews.com/2015/10/prabhudheva-prays-for-rival-vijays-puli/4137704.html …

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 03:00 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1
#Puli France Day3 Entries : 2049 Total Entries : 4684 Total Collection : €64,308 Biggest Day 1, Day 2 & Day 3 Collection of 2015

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 03:09 PM
#Puli(04/10/2015) at Devi 70MM, RTC X Roads, Hyderabad ! Matinee Show - ₹ 70,152/- (HOUSE FULL)

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 03:09 PM
#Puli(04/10/15) Devi 70MM, RTC X Roads, Hyderabad ! Morning Show - ₹45,496/- Matinee Show - ₹70,152/- (House Full)

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 03:12 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1
#Puli Coimbatore Area Day1 Gross - 1.8Cr Day2 Gross - 1.4Cr 2 Days Gross - 3.2Cr Strong Day2 !

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 03:12 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1 :
#Puli TK Area Day1 Nett - 0.7Cr Day2 Nett - 0.45Cr Day3 Nett - 0.36Cr 3 Days Nett - 1.51Cr Good !

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 03:24 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1
#Puli is on a roll today . Mor shows are better than yesterday & Matinees are Huge. Family Crowd !

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 03:36 PM
Actor Jiiva recently happened to see Puli and this is what he had to say about this Chimbu Deven flick,

"Puli is targeted not just at Vijay sir's fans but mainly for kids and families. It has lots of graphics and is a star-studded family entertainer. The film is a jolly fantasy ride taking us to a different world. This is a 1st time attempt by Vijay sir and is a good mainstream film. Kids will love to see his stunts and different make-overs. Then there are the dances, fights and his other essential elements. Hats off Vijay sir, I wish to do such films too."

One of the producers of the film, P.T.Selvakumar also expressed his happiness at the film's performance,

"Despite mixed reviews, the film is doing very well. Kids and family audiences are giving good patronage to the film and the weekend days are seeing an increase in tickets sold."

Vijay is always known to possess a strong base with kids and families, and Puli is proving his stronghold again.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 03:55 PM
Actor Jayam Ravi about Ilayathalapathy Vijay's PULI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpmsNwHNz78

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 04:10 PM
Telugu #తెలుగుసినిమా @TeluguFilmBuzz
Sensational day for #Puli, Both #SubramanyamForSale #BBM are Steady & #Shivam is continuing to get worse day by day!#Trade #Sunday #Telugu

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 04:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZWb50UwAAg5YM.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 04:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQd6qylU8AA4hET.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 05:42 PM
Imman about Puli. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBWLK1l89I

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 06:38 PM
*Kumaran theatre, Madipakkam which had taken‪#‎Puli‬*on a 4 day contract has changed plans now; Now #Puli will continue there from tom also !!
*Remember Kumaran earlier opened online bookings for #Puli for Thu-Sun &*‪#‎Maya‬*,*‪#‎TIN‬*&*‪#‎TO‬*from tom... Now, #Puli continues 4 sh frm tom too !!
*Dindigul Carnival Cinemas cancelled booking fr Maya shows scheduled fr tomo & screening #Puli on all 5 screens tomoro !!

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 06:45 PM
I heard Puli collection in USA is very bad. Do anybody post the exact USA collection.

thamiz
4th October 2015, 06:49 PM
I heard Puli collection in USA is very bad. Do anybody post the exact USA collection.

I dont know where you heard. I heard nothing so far- regarding any overseas collection. WOM play a little role in overseas collection. It is all about how much it makes from star power . I believe puli will do good. Wait for another day, rent track and bollywoodhungama will give uk and us data which you can rely on. :)

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 06:54 PM
I dont know where you heard. I heard nothing so far- regarding any overseas collection. WOM play a little role in overseas collection. It is all about how much it makes from star power . I believe puli will do good. Wait for another day, rent track and bollywoodhungama will give uk and us data which you can rely on. :)

In tamilboxoffice1.com twitter account. Anyway as u said we will wait till tommorrow.

They said till sat puli collected only $ 150 . Hope this will not be true.

thamiz
4th October 2015, 06:57 PM
In tamilboxoffice1.com twitter account. Anyway as u said we will wait till tommorrow.

They said till sat puli collected only $ 150 . Hope this will not be true.

It may be for the first-day collection. I dont know how reliable "tamilboxoffice1.com" is . I usually dont follow or believe that. :) I will wait. It should do well in UK because it is marketed by aingaran. Not sure about USA. Let us wait

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 06:58 PM
A fan in Japan !! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQeeBTMUsAAAvQM.jpg

thamiz
4th October 2015, 07:02 PM
I hear it did not impress with Kerala audience this time. It might click in andhra this time. Let us see

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 07:07 PM
USA : #Puli(Telugu) $2133 #Puli(Tamil) USA:4 days gross $151K; CAN:60K+ US$

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 07:08 PM
ATMUS Entertainment
@ATMUSent
#Puli Premiere gross under $10K from 9 theaters, which must have been over $150K from 100+ theaters in USA and Canada.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 07:10 PM
Ajay Srinivasan
@Ajaychairman
#Puli- Big turn around of sorts.Dindigul Carnival Cinemas cancelled Maya shows & screening #Puli on all 5 screens. In Chn,Mon getting full!

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 07:12 PM
This video is an eye-opener! Revealed many facts. In case if anyone missed.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZFUgiq7t4

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 07:30 PM
I hear it did not impress with Kerala audience this time. It might click in andhra this time. Let us see

It failed big in kerala. Since shibu is directly releasing in kerala it won't have that much of impact.
I hope so.
WOM is disaster in kerala. They expected bahubhali type movie.
.Even sura and kuravi managed to make some collection in kerala.but it did'nt.
But in TN i think we are getting some positive reviewa now

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 07:31 PM
ATMUS Entertainment
@ATMUSent
#Puli Premiere gross under $10K from 9 theaters, which must have been over $150K from 100+ theaters in USA and Canada.

Wat happen to usa collection.😔😔😔😔

faithiu11
4th October 2015, 07:47 PM
US market is fully review oriented one..if reviews and wom not good collection will go down drastically...if reviews and wom is good even a medium hero movies do wonders there..feeling sad for atmus...they lost huge amount bcz of premiers cancelled

thamiz
4th October 2015, 07:48 PM
It failed big in kerala. Since shibu is directly releasing in kerala it won't have that much of impact.
I hope so.
WOM is disaster in kerala. They expected bahubhali type movie.
.Even sura and kuravi managed to make some collection in kerala.but it did'nt.
But in TN i think we are getting some positive reviewa now

It is true, women and kids in general do not have much complaints about puli but the fans and critics do. We have to wait and see women and children can lift a movie to succeed to a "great extent". I say great extent because it is a big budget movie.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 07:53 PM
Puli 2 Days net in Karnataka - 3.11 cr. (despite spl morning shows cancelled and clashed with local release) :smokesmirk:

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 07:57 PM
Villupuram Muruga theatre now https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQeqExEVAAIFxUA.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 07:58 PM
Puli celebration in Perambur https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQepIgyUYAE39z9.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 08:00 PM
Puli 2 Days net in Karnataka - 3.11 cr. (despite spl morning shows cancelled and clashed with local release) :smokesmirk:

#Puli in #Karnataka BO Update: Day 1 Nett: 1.75 Cr Day 2 Nett: 1.36 Cr Total 2 Days Nett: 3.11 Cr [Gross 4.15 Cr Aprx] Superb Opening!

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 08:02 PM
Madurai Sanmuga theatre now https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQelex0UYAAM2LY.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 08:06 PM
#Kerala Pathanamthitta Dhanya Theater Today Noon Show Rush For #Puli https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQes3OPU8AEdUPL.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 08:06 PM
Bcinema @BcinemaFrance

Housefull show in @Kinepolis_FR mulhouse for #Puli! #vijay Huge familie crowd ! Dir Chimbudeven target is good !

mdsherin
4th October 2015, 08:13 PM
Bcinema @BcinemaFrance

Housefull show in @Kinepolis_FR mulhouse for #Puli! #vijay Huge familie crowd ! Dir Chimbudeven target is good !
Except US all other foriegn locations are doing well rt

Any one have idea about UK market

Dammy R
4th October 2015, 08:23 PM
US market is fully review oriented one..if reviews and wom not good collection will go down drastically...if reviews and wom is good even a medium hero movies do wonders there..feeling sad for atmus...they lost huge amount bcz of premiers cancelled

I think Atmus explained this through their tweets on day 2. They had to return 10,000 tkts ($150,000) back due to the KDM delay. Also, due to some policy that if customers have to wait for more than 2 hours, the theaters in US usually give away free tickets. So in addition to the 10k tkts, theaters also gave away 6,000 tickets ($90,000) free, which were used when the movie finally released - here itself there is a loss of $240,000 in revenue. The day 1 reviews dented the movie prospects further, with Friday being a working day. So overall I personally feel that Atmus will lose a huge sum for Puli in US... We will know the exact picture when Atmus releases the first weekend numbers.

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 08:47 PM
Puli housefull at 5PM in Mulhouse ! Last show at 8PM there ! Just 70 places are available for this show ! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQez5sAWEAAUeHO.jpg

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 09:36 PM
PULI IS VIJAY'S ENTHIRAN
I have been writing too many news articles on Puli over the past year and a half, and now I have literally exhausted all my adjectives to describe this film. Nonetheless, I now have a new term to associate it with - TROLL. Puli is unofficially the most trolled film at the moment, and has found itself a fair share of haters amidst an adequate number of takers too. Though I tilt more towards the former group, Vijay’s idea to associate himself with such a unique script took me by a pleasant surprise and filled me with babyish joy.
Puli always looked to be a trick or treat film. On paper, it looks exhilarating, with magic, animals which could talk and some Lilliput human beings. All these facets give you a congenial feel about it, attached with an amount of risk too.
One thing that I have against Puli is the overdone, not so required mass moments in the film. If he is going for fantasy he should go full-fledged. Overdose of heroism made me feel that it was neither a commercial film nor an experimental film. I also felt that the makers gave away too much in the trailers, misusing all their trump cards. It would have been super surprising if I was witnessing Vijay crossing the fire tunnel in the theatre first, instead of seeing it in the trailer. The same goes with the tortoise, Lilliput and the one-eyed giant.
Nevertheless, Vijay’s initiative is commendable and that is why I felt it was more important to talk about the takeaways that I found in Puli than talking about what didn't work.
Technically the film looked good to me, in spite of few goof ups here and there, which however is excusable considering the time limitation and constraints. Yet the CGI overall looked spectacular, specially the huge tortoise and the one eyed giant which were so scarily pleasant to the eyes.
Such daringly different attempts require good reception and a big opening. You need people between the projector and the screen to keep the game going. And to bring in tons and tons of them, some of the very top superstars in the industry like Vijay is definitely required.
Seriously, when was the last time you saw a commercial mass hero try his hands at experimentation? Rajini did it with Enthiran and you could also count Suriya for doing 7am Arivu and Maattrraan. Actors like Kamal Haasan cannot be taken into this comparison, as he just doesn’t mind his image. You even ask him to walk naked, and he would do it for the art.
Now let us check out the odds on why Vijay had to do such a tricky storyline. Going by his track record, he could have safely chosen a typical mass masala film with a bonafide mix of action, comedy and sentiment and even if he could only grind out an average product out of it, he still has a potential winner in his hands. But to everyone’s surprise here, this 'go to man' pops out a freakishly unique fantasy film which his fans wouldn’t have expected even in their dreams. For Vijay to do this, particularly at this point of his career, is probably the most amazing thing that he could do for the industry, in my opinion.
Comparing Puli with a Hollywood film would be awkward but there are things that a Tamil film could be proud of, especially the fantasy elements and the CGI work. In order to prevent the industry from going stale, you need such films at regular intervals.
Vijay might have found some haters through Puli but the people who are criticizing Vijay now are probably the same ones who used to pull his legs when he was doing similar kind of commercial roles.
The success of Puli is critical. One thing that I am scared regarding Puli’s outcome is, if it fails, it may set a bad precedent that experiments are bound to fail. Not just Vijay, even the other top actors who are genuinely trying to bring in a difference might think twice before stepping out to do a daring film.
How will Vijay go about things from here? He has a massive fan following, who will keep demanding a fully cooked masala dish peppered with some new age ideas. On the other hand, now there is another set of audience (may be very microscopic in number) like me who would want Vijay to continue experimenting more like Puli. Never mind if it’s half-baked, because one day he will definitely serve us a more fulfilling dish that could probably take the industry to a different league.
Now Vijay has a huge responsibility of experimenting as well as keeping his mass fan following intact. It would be ideal for him to experiment once in a while.
For now, I'll say,Thank you Vijay for experimenting! http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-column/puli-is-vijays-enthiran.html

uruzalari
4th October 2015, 10:28 PM
Back from round 4 and the film seems to be better each time and so is the response....Normally the response should have been overwhelming on the first day with the fans and gradually decreasing....With Puli it is the other way around.....The only grudge this time also were the dialogues with political overtones that were embarrassing for me as a Vijay fan...There was almost nil artificial heroism till the flashback point.....

Despite being someone who watches most enjoyable movies multiple times, 4 times in 4 days surely means the movie is atleast not bad to say the least ...Jilla and Thalaiva were a little difficult to watch these many times.... Puli is definitely far better than what I felt on the first day....Now hope the movie would really do well and Vijay would continue to experiment atleast little once in a while...And yes this film should have been promoted more vigorously as a Kids film

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:32 PM
Moviebuff bro thank you for sharing :clap:

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:33 PM
After Dasavatharam Thuppakki , #Puli is a successfull venture for SVR in Telugu
- Eenadu

#PuliBOSlappedFakeReviews
Good to see Vijay movies doing good in AP also lately :2thumbsup:

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:40 PM
This video is an eye-opener! Revealed many facts. In case if anyone missed.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZFUgiq7t4
I'm so shocked and annoyed after seeing such a coward act from all hero fans against their rivals....

uruzalari
4th October 2015, 10:43 PM
Friends who usually mock me when I stand up for a Vijay film (recent eg Jilla) are actually liking Puli and asking why I did not like it when I saw it the first time

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:53 PM
Friends who usually mock me when I stand up for a Vijay film (recent eg Jilla) are actually liking Puli and asking why I did not like it when I saw it the first time
It's so simple bro it's not Vijay film...even though kaththi has message in the flick it succeeded big time bcoz of mass elements in the movie otherwise it would had been another thamilan...so all fans should watch his flicks without expecting mass elements whenever he tries different then we will like it :)

Nawaaz
4th October 2015, 10:58 PM
Skycinemas
Skycinemas – ‏@skycinemas

Seems After Singam 2 , #Puli won the people hearts and Bo,despite of poor reviews from the crictics.cheers #PuliBOSlappedFakeReview Agree?

Kumaran.P
4th October 2015, 11:00 PM
Vijay Title Card Puli First Day First Show Singapore Audience Reaction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzeKvVXUWyE

arulraj
5th October 2015, 09:12 AM
Kumudham review.....நன்று

cittu
5th October 2015, 09:34 AM
Can post the review bro?

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 09:40 AM
BoxOfficeStudio
BoxOfficeStudio – ‏@StudioBoxOffice

#Puli Grossed (24+Cr) in TN
Best Opening of the year
#Puli #Masss
#Ai #VeryGood
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQaPR4zVEAAJ3x6.jpg

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 09:44 AM
Kumudham :)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQhawQuUkAA19KN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQhsFIZVAAAckKw.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQhsFGTUYAAII7T.jpg

thamiz
5th October 2015, 09:59 AM
BW says 4-day weekend chennai collection is 2.86 crores!! It is a grand opening.

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 09:59 AM
[emoji106]

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 10:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQhqiZrW8AQu76W.jpg

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 10:06 AM
CHENNAI BOX OFFICE
1. PULI

Previous
Movie
Puli Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Sep 28th 2015 to Oct 04th 2015 Week : 1
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 2,84,97,108
Chennai city verdict: Grand Opening
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 465
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 2,19,34,928
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/puli/puli-box-office-oct-04.html

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 10:10 AM
Despite special shows cancelled and fake reviews we got to say that puli did good :clap:

Russellmvr
5th October 2015, 10:12 AM
Actually the jumped reviews of a particular group have backfired on them badly.
Most of the Neutrals in the media, kazhuvi kazhuvi ivankala oothuraanga.

This gave a big boost to puli and bad reputation for a star. Eni antha group ethu sonnalaum edupaadhu range.

mdsherin
5th October 2015, 10:30 AM
Kollywood celebs laud 'Puli'!

Source : SIFY
By : MOVIEBUZZ
Last Updated: Mon, Oct 05, 2015 10:04 hrs

Post your Comments

Though Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli has garnered mixed reviews, the film has got huge opening at the worldwide box office.

Apparently, some of the Kollywood celebrities too have liked Puli and genuinely appreciated the team for making a kid-friendly movie.

Lingusamy has said that Vijay should do more films like Puli, which is tailor made for kids. Similarly, actors Jiiva, ‘Jayam’ Ravi and music composer, Imman too have appeared on You Tube and urged their fans and general public to watch the film on big screen.

Mean time, Vijay is currently busy with shooting of Atlee’s film, which will be released by early next year. Sources say that the team has almost wrapped up 65 % of the shoot and soon they will be leaving to Goa and China for shooting romantic numbers composed by GV Prakash Kumar.

The yet-untitled film has two heroines, Samantha and Amy Jackson.

mdsherin
5th October 2015, 10:53 AM
Did anyone know the 4 days WW collection of Puli

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 11:04 AM
Subhash Shinde
Subhash Shinde – ‏@imSubhashShinde

Congratulations to Team #Puli for d success & also a big thank you to @SrideviBKapoor and @actorvijay Unforgettable
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQh5xwGU8AILptc.jpg

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 11:06 AM
This scene was so hilarious :lol:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQh5y41VEAAAUmx.jpg

mdsherin
5th October 2015, 11:41 AM
After its 4 day opening weekend, the total Tamil Nadu gross of the Vijay starrer Puli is said to be close to 32 crores. As reported earlier, in Chennai city, the film's 4 day gross is estimated to be around 2.85 crores.

The film isn't tax free and also carries mixed reviews. We have to see how it sustains from today, to know its exact status at the box-office. But it sure is a fine opening, befitting a star of Vijay's stature who has a big fan base and also major patronage from kids and family audiences

Dammy R
5th October 2015, 01:02 PM
Superstar Rajini congratulates Puli team and lauds their efforts!!
http://i62.tinypic.com/2jd4109.jpg

Dammy R
5th October 2015, 01:05 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ev9rbc.jpg

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 01:06 PM
Nice one SS :clap:

Nice to see many cine people appreciating the effort :)

ecureuhapis
5th October 2015, 01:06 PM
super thalaivaa :notworthy:

cm123
5th October 2015, 02:51 PM
#Thalaivarda

preethamm
5th October 2015, 02:57 PM
Samina Motlekar

'Puli' Review: A Flop Fairy Tale

It starts as a virtual tour of a castle from a video game. Voila, a floating baby appears, a la Mahabharat. One Sholay-like chopping of limbs later, a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon battle sequence begins. The Lion King contributes a Zazu-like talking bird. Asterix chips in with a magic potion. Littered with these influences and many more, it would not be wrong to say Chimbudevan's Tamil-Hindi bilingual Puli is a truly inspired piece of filmmaking.

The story is the age old fight between good and evil. Good is the baby-faced hero found floating in the basket. Evil is the Vedaal clan with blue eyes, fangs and superhuman powers led by a tyrant Jalatharangam (Kannada star Sudeep) and evil queen Yamandevi (Sridevi, who appears only after the interval). They terrorise poor villagers with a Lagaan-like tax and Gabbar-like brute force. Enter our hero Maghadheera (Vijay). With the help of two bumbling sidekicks, a trio of Lilliputian pygmies (Alpha, Beta, and Gamma), a magic potion that works for eight minutes, and a helpful frog, he must enter the Vedaal castle, rescue his ladylove and save the human race.

He manages to do all this, and still find time for long song and dance sequences with the heroines -- Shruti Haasan, his childhood sweetheart and Hansika Motwani, the princess. In between, he learns to control a one eyed troll with sheer will power, pass the Vedaal version of an agnipariksha and triumph in a Gladiator-like battle.

The story goes back and forth multiple times in a bid to explain causes and effects and the relationships between the characters, but still manages to remain convoluted. It is as if the editor has placed the flashback scenes at random. The music, if one can be charitable and give that name to the cacophony, is an excuse for skin show by the heroines and a bevy of backup dancers. The costume design is quirky, especially the fruit- and vegetable-inspired clothes worn by the little people. The attempts at humour are unbelievably lame -- a man with two moustaches, a vomit-spewing giant turtle, a frog that must be licked to turn into a direction giving compass. So puerile is the humor that the biggest laugh comes when in a film featuring weighty names (Pavazhamani, Maghadeera, Nambudevan), a dying character is called Pushpa.

Stepping into this fantasy world of too much song, dance and slapstick humour, into a castle of flat fake easily scalable walls and a gladiatorial arena of cement, one wonders if this very inspired director found the time to watch Game of Thrones. For what is a fairytale without at least a believable castle? One can hardly expect magic from cinematographer artist Natarajan Subramaniam when all he has to work with are one-dimensional sets borrowed from last decade's video games.

puli

A still from 'Puli', featuring Vijay (left) and Sudeep

It is only when Sridevi enters Puli, post the interval, that the fairy tale finally takes shape. Hope springs. The castle may be crummy, but its queen is majestic. In the presence of the evil queen, the princesses pale and the hero deflates. She rules the screen, exuding menace and madness like a veteran. Sridevi's star power camouflages, if only for a little bit, the penury of the production design, the bumbling of the rest of the cast, and the lack of soul in the script. But far too soon, the repetitive battle scenes take over, as do yet more flashbacks and songs, and the fairy tale loses its way.

It is ironic that Puli means 'tiger' because actor Vijay who plays the lead role exhibits not a single tiger-like quality. An awkward lover, a warrior who can barely wield a sword and with no physique to boast of, he is overshadowed even by Shruti Haasan's just competent presence. He simply disappears in the presence of Sridevi. Forget roaring, this is a tiger without even a meow.

There is a reason we love fantasy. It takes us away from the mundane. It gives us hope that one day a prince will come. It makes us believe in the bravery of men. And that good will triumph over evil. But in the Puli version of fantasy, the good is so grating and the prince so plain, that evil seems to be the more interesting alternative. But in a late plot twist even the evil that entertained for a bit betrays our hopes. Puli is a reminder that Chimbudevan's fantasy is our nightmare

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/samina-motlekar-/puli-movie-review_b_8231258.html

severely critisizing a film is no surprise but panning a actor like this
mediocricity of actor/star is exposed when there is bad film

preethamm
5th October 2015, 03:01 PM
Puli Movie Review
Saibal Chatterjee
Movie Review
Genre:Fantasy-Drama
Cast:Vijay, Sridevi, Shruti Haasan, Hansika Motwani, Sudeep
Director:Chimbu Deven

It could be argued by some that a fantasy epic is by definition infantile and it should, therefore, be treated purely as a fun outing.

But even if one were accept that line of thinking and allow the film some leeway, Puli, directed by Chimbu Deven, is unconscionably puerile.

The paucity of depth and genuine originality robs it of any possibility of being regarded as a success.

Puli has numerous quirky creatures, including a talking bird, a wise tortoise, a shiny green frog with an uncanny sense of direction and an entire clan of invisible midgets straight from the isle of Lilliput.

At one point, the dwarves capture the hero and tie up him up a la Gulliver only to realise that he is harmless.

No sooner is he set free than he breaks into song and dance with his erstwhile captors.

The size of the midgets in relation to the protagonist fluctuates all through the number but nobody seems to care. This is a fantasy after all!

Much of the action in the second half of Puli - this is the only passage of the film that is somewhat watchable - takes place on the CGI-generated grounds of a garish palace.

The structure is complete with ornate thrones, watch towers, sprawling arenas for duels, and dark, dank garrets to hold prisoners.

Comparisons with Baahubali are inevitable, but the Rajamouli film, for all its own share of flaws, was infinitely better mounted, told a more engaging story, and had much beefier actors.

In Puli, too, the hero is a foundling who floats down a river into a village. The boy is promptly adopted by the chieftain.

In another scene, having acquired superhuman strength thanks to a magic potion yielded by rare plants and herbs, he lifts a boulder and carries it in his arms.

But neither the pivotal character nor the film is a patch on Baahubali.

The visual effects in Puli fluctuate from the very impressive to the outright tacky. Some of the backdrops look like static scenes in shoddily printed calendars.

The story progresses largely in fits and starts, with too many songs slowing the pace of the film.

In the first half, the hero uses all his spare time to woo his childhood love (Shruti Haasan). Not that it takes much effort for her to melt.

In the second, he sings and dances with a buxom princess (Hansika Motwani) while the girl he really loves awaits the fate of a sacrificial lamb.

Vijay, who plays the invincible protagonist in Puli, is far too boyish for the job of a comic-strip superhero.

He lacks the look and the physique to be convincing when he takes on an army of sword-wielding marauders.

That apart, Vijay isn't much of an actor. Neither his face nor his eyes express emotions. Watching him is a bit like being before a mannequin in a shop window.

In the make-believe world that Chimbu Deven conjures up, Sridevi (making a highly anticipated comeback to Tamil cinema) is an evil queen with magical powers.

She belongs to a breed of people of people that have blue eyes and Dracula-like fangs that bare themselves when they are enraged.

They are endowed with great strength and can walk through fire without going up in flames.

This queen, Yaman Rani, unleashes a reign of terror on the hapless villages that she rules with the help of her brutal general (Sudeep).

The hero, who lives in one of these terrorized villages swings into action when his newly-married wife (Shruti Haasan) is abducted by the evil race.

The overly bright colour palette prevents the film from capturing visual nuances and letting them imbue the tale.

If Puli is really meant for younger audiences - or at least for audiences that are young at heart - it should have gone easier on the violence and the skin show. There is an excess of both.

Early in the film, a man has his arm chopped off. A little later, a girl's throat is slit. And all through the rest of the film, bodies are impaled with impunity.

The Hindi dialogue and the dubbing are stilted. It is disorienting in a film set in an indeterminate and distant past to hear a character compare poetry to the way Gujarati, Marathi and Tamil women wear their saris. Neither than the analogy nor the historiography work.

But that is only one of the many things that are not quite in order in this ambitious but hugely flawed film. Puli lacks the imagination or the heft to carry the weight of its flight of fancy.

The only weight visible in the film is around the midriffs of the swaying heroines. The rest is all dreary fluff.

Puli gets two stars for ambition and scale, but none for execution.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie-reviews/puli-movie-review-1185

PARAMASHIVAN
5th October 2015, 03:05 PM
Actually the jumped reviews of a particular group have backfired on them badly.
Most of the Neutrals in the media, kazhuvi kazhuvi ivankala oothuraanga.

This gave a big boost to puli and bad reputation for a star. Eni antha group ethu sonnalaum edupaadhu range.

Have you seen it ? :)

Mr.GreyShirt
5th October 2015, 04:57 PM
Seen it. It is just meh. Could have gone without seeing it. I'm happy that Vijay is trying out new things and I really can't blame Vijay for choosing Chimbudevan. Sure he has given pretty mediocre movies previously but Vijay has always been someone who gives chance to new and upcoming directors.

thamiz
5th October 2015, 06:12 PM
Have you seen it ? :)

ஏன் நீங்க பாக்கலையா? :)

நான் இன்னும் பார்க்கலை.

thamiz
5th October 2015, 06:18 PM
Box office India is so biased againt tamil movies? They have not even mentioned anything about "hindi puli" so far!! :shock:

thamiz
5th October 2015, 06:21 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/box-office/overseas

Overseas is out!!!

UK seems good. US is bad! Malaysia is OK

Dammy R
5th October 2015, 06:33 PM
Puli Hindi. Weekend gross : 3.1crores!!

http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/puli-hind-day-weekend-all-india-nboc/

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 06:47 PM
Chennai Box-Office - October 2 to 4
Monday, 05 October , 2015, 15:02
It was a very good weekend at the cinemas, as Gandhi Jayanthi fell on Friday (October 2). Vijay's Chimbudevan directed Puli is the clear number one by a mile. The film which opened on Thursday amidst income tax raids on its producers and the hero, took a very good opening.
Puliis at number one place and is reported to have grossed nearly Rs 3 Crore from Chennai. The film, which is not tax free, was received with mixed reports and was trashed by critics. http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15059422&cid=13525926

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 06:47 PM
Sreedhar Pillai
@sri50
#Puli TN B-O, Oct 1 to 4 - Gross = Rs 31.5 Cr (Approx)- Good Opening

ecureuhapis
5th October 2015, 06:52 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/box-office/overseas

Overseas is out!!!

UK seems good. US is bad! Malaysia is OK

very unreliable because in Malaysia it was released in nearly 100 centers

Dammy R
5th October 2015, 07:01 PM

They've put that * below the table stating "reported screens only". So the number definitely would be higher. Let's wait for some more time...perhaps we ll get updated numbers.

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:01 PM
Good Weekend For Puli
Inspite of release issues & bad Word mouth talk Puli managed to get good collections in Tamilnadu,AP & TG. Collections dropped very badly in Kerala & Good in Bengaluru . As per the early estimates Puli managed to collect 35 Crs in TN alone. Due to old commitments SVR media distributed Puli for moderate prices & luckily Puli performing much better in Telugu states. As per the trade Buzz Puli 3 Days AP& TG gross will be more than 5.5 Crs. Detailed break up soon. http://tollyrevenue.com/2015/10/good-weekend-for-puli/

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:02 PM
#Puli 4 days collections in France: + 100 000€

thamiz
5th October 2015, 07:06 PM

The same scale applies to every movie. They report only 1/3 for every movie.

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:06 PM
RAJINIKANTH FEELS VIJAY'S PULI IS ON PAR WITH HOLLYWOOD STANDARDS
Superstar Rajinikanth who had watched the magnum opus Vijay starrer Puli in a private screening at his residence recently, is reported to be in awe of the film. Check what he had to say,
¡°I watched Puli, and was amazed with the spectacular sets and the graphics. Congratulations to the makers of Puli for making a film on such a grand scale.
What particularly worked for me in Puli was Vijay¡¯s acting. His effort to make a fantasy film like this is definitely commendable. Sridevi¡¯s performance was stellar too. Puli is on par with the standards that Hollywood has set and it was thrilling from scratch to finish. It is a film that you can take your family and kids to watch.
Hats off Team Puli¡±. http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/superstar-rajinikanth-lauds-vijays-puli.html

mdsherin
5th October 2015, 07:08 PM
Friends . I Lost Hope on this Movie.

Very bad figures from Overseas even in our fort (UK). Not good in TN from today

Really this movie is not bad,I feel sad on distributors and others who has worked for this movie . Sorry Thalapathy we couldn't Save the movie but hats off for your guts to do this kind of movie

Very very sad.

Hope you will reply with your next movie-Vijay59 (Atleeeeee)

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:11 PM
Breaking Movies
@BreakingViews4u :
#Puli Opening weekend gross about 4 crores @ #Kerala #BoxOffice

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:11 PM
Ayngaran France
@AyngaranFrance
Puli 4 days total collection more than 100 000€. Real success in France.

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:12 PM
Opening Weekend Australia - 2015 #I- A$ 247,751 #Puli- A$ 166,748 #YA- A$ 153,680

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:18 PM
Shooting spot https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQjowpAUwAAQeDe.jpg

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 07:21 PM
TR | #RudramaDevi
@TollyRevenue
Expected Huge drop for #Puli in AP& TG but Faring decent numbers !

thamiz
5th October 2015, 07:58 PM
Friends . I Lost Hope on this Movie.

Very bad figures from Overseas even in our fort (UK). Not good in TN from today

Really this movie is not bad,I feel sad on distributors and others who has worked for this movie . Sorry Thalapathy we couldn't Save the movie but hats off for your guts to do this kind of movie

Very very sad.

Hope you will reply with your next movie-Vijay59 (Atleeeeee)

The opening is not bad at all except for "USA". Even hindi opening 3-crores are not bad. Will it withstand the collection to some extent in coming weeks? That's the question. Your frustrations will only make it worse!

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 08:14 PM
Despite morning shows cancelled and with fake reviews Puli has grossed 68.40cr WW in Opening Weekend !! :smokesmirk: 2nd Biggest Opening of the year behind Shankar's Ai!
Courtesy- Tollyrevenue
http://tollyrevenue.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/puli-1st-weekend-WW2.jpg
Link - http://tollyrevenue.com/2015/10/puli-total-worldwide-weekend-collections/

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 08:25 PM
Courtesy- AndhraBoxOffice
http://andhraboxoffice.com/uploads/films/puli-oct1-4days-total-colls.jpg
http://andhraboxoffice.com/info.aspx?id=1828&cid=6&fid=3215

Nawaaz
5th October 2015, 08:49 PM
http://www.indiatoday.in/story/puli-and-politics-is-this-why-the-first-shows-of-vijays-film-were-cancelled/1/490874.html

Dammy R
5th October 2015, 09:16 PM
Like Thamiz said... Looks like USA is a HUGE setback due to cancelled premier shows and refunds.. And obviously the initial extreme reviews;..and also TN and KL numbers would have been massive, had those 2 shows not been cancelled. Anyway, I guess we will just have to wait this week and see if the movie at least breaks even in places other than US.

faithiu11
5th October 2015, 09:35 PM
This is y I feel its unnecessary for vj to do a childrens film or try different things at this point of time ..mass films always a safe bet for him...if it a quality commercial movie then sure shot...critics kuda different attempt ha appreciate pannala...padatha bash panrathula than kuriya irukanga...

faithiu11
5th October 2015, 09:38 PM
Aft all these disastrous reviews and bashing if a film managed to collect 100 crores gross...its a huge achievement...

bimmer
5th October 2015, 09:56 PM
This is y I feel its unnecessary for vj to do a childrens film or try different things at this point of time ..mass films always a safe bet for him...if it a quality commercial movie then sure shot...critics kuda different attempt ha appreciate pannala...padatha bash panrathula than kuriya irukanga...

Subject/ Story/ Screenplay and execution is very Important. Just because Its a Fantasy Genre does not make it any special. I assume that this is the fourth Movie for Chimbu under similar territory (Not the same Genre). With all due respect, The Movie had very few lively moments. I felt Vijay was Out of Place (Or rather the movie did not need VJ). I feel a Thupakki like different approach should be sufficient to please both his fans and General Audience

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 11:09 PM
#Puli 03 Days West Godavari, AP Individual Theatres Gross !
1.Eluru - 1,57,685/-
2.BVRM - 3,07,856/- (Natraj-1,74,582/- GMP-1,08,332/- Kishore-24,942/-)
3.T.P. Gudem - 66,120/-
4.PKL - 1,66,773/-
5.J.R. Gudem - 1,35,900/-
6.Chintalpudi - 25,545/-
7.AKVD - 34,018/-
8.Devarapalli - 14,252/-
9.Ananthapalli - 13,243/-
10.Bheemadole - 10,523/-
11.Tanuku - 5.40L (Fixed Hire)
12.Narasapuram - 1.50L (Fixed Hire)
Source www.twitter.com/movies369 http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snjjdl

Kumaran.P
5th October 2015, 11:10 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1
#Puli Norway opening weekend BO $23,925 [₹ 15.58 lacs] 2nd biggest opening of 2015 next to #I

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 12:31 AM
Aft all these disastrous reviews and bashing if a film managed to collect 100 crores gross...its a huge achievement...
It's so true bro...but I think if film had been released as per schedule the scenario would had been different ...seems last minute chaos on puli release in overseas screwed the collection ...this is what our rivals wanted to happen everywhere not only in USA /uk but unfortunately they could not do it...that's y it's collected 65crs overall :notworthy:...

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 12:45 AM
Mithun K Raman
Mithun K Raman – ‏@mithunraman

#Puli #USA BO update:
Wed - Sat Gross: $150K
Premiers cancellation made things worse. $160K worth premiers & $90K worth Free tkts refunded.

The cause for low collection in USA...lets see how long these low lifes going to do stupid things like this ....

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 12:49 AM
Mithun K Raman
Mithun K Raman – ‏@mithunraman

#Puli #Kerala BO Update:

Day 4 Gross: 0.67 Cr
4 Days Oct(1-4) Gross: 3.87 Cr

#Poor!

Thalaiva don't go to kerela with fantasy flick :mrgreen:...seems already they are in romantic mood after watching moideen movie so fantasy did not click there...

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 12:52 AM
☆Vijay's Lover♡
☆Vijay's Lover♡ – ‏@Anything4Vj

@Samanthaprabhu2 Watching #Puli Wit @VidyuRaman

#PuliCrownedByCelebs 😍
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkD_hlVEAAmxjA.jpg

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 12:58 AM
Box Office 24x7
Box Office 24x7 – ‏@BOReports24x7

#Puli 4 Days Collection at #Malaysia BO is 1.21 crores! Oly 33 screens hve reported!
Great Opening!! @actorvijay
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkBp24UAAAaBLA.jpg
Seems puli is doing decent business everywhere but few places :)

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 01:00 AM
VFX :notworthy:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkTh8lUwAAkuCr.jpg

thamiz
6th October 2015, 01:07 AM
People say it is 120 crore budget or something. Where all the money had been spent?? Doing CG work or what?? The big budget is the one which makes things to get complicated. If it is 120-crore budget it should make at least 160-crore (lifetime gross) to break even or not?

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 01:23 AM
People say it is 120 crore budget or something. Where all the money had been spent?? Doing CG work or what?? The big budget is the one which makes things to get complicated. If it is 120-crore budget it should make at least 160-crore (lifetime gross) to break even or not?
Even I heard the same but not sure how true is that...I feel to create a hype it was said but no one knows the real budget ...

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 01:30 AM
2015 Top Aus Tamil Openers: :)

I - A$ 247,751 .

Puli - A$ 166,748

bimmer
6th October 2015, 01:45 AM

Do you really believe this 120 Cr Budget..Tamil Producers are clever enough not to spend more than 30-40 Crores, May be since it is VJ and additional CG...May be about 50-60 Cr...I may be wrong

thamiz
6th October 2015, 01:48 AM
Do you really believe this 120 Cr Budget..Tamil Producers are clever enough not to spend more than 30-40 Crores, May be since it is VJ and additional CG...May be about 50-60 Cr...I may be wrong

May be they pay "high interest" to the financiers about the same amount they spent! :)

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 01:59 AM
I was thinking the same :)

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 02:09 AM
Illayathalapathy Vijay’s ‘Puli’ may have been getting mixed to negative reviews from critics and social media users, but the films seems to have caught the fancy of women and children , thus garnering a box office receipt of close to Rs. 50 crores in the opening weekend worldwide. :2thumbsup:

It is reported that in Chennai alone ‘Puli’ has collected close to Rs. 3crores in the first weekend while ‘Baahubali’ managed Rs.1.75crores and it remains to be seen whether the fantasy film will go on to make history like its predecessor.
http://m.indiaglitz.com/illayathalapathy-vijay-puli-chennai-opening-weekend-collection-rs-2-93-crores-baahubali-1-and-75-crores-tamil-news-143822.html

faithiu11
6th October 2015, 05:24 AM
Subject/ Story/ Screenplay and execution is very Important. Just because Its a Fantasy Genre does not make it any special. I assume that this is the fourth Movie for Chimbu under similar territory (Not the same Genre). With all due respect, The Movie had very few lively moments. I felt Vijay was Out of Place (Or rather the movie did not need VJ). I feel a Thupakki like different approach should be sufficient to please both his fans and General Audience
Thupakki is once a life time movie...really amused how vj accepted a film which not even have a single mass scene( yes few mass dialogues thr) and how he selected chimbudevan(after IMSAI arasan all flops)which is huge huge risk and really a daring attempt...In fact sridevi has a better intro..

faithiu11
6th October 2015, 05:32 AM
When movie pre release business itself done for around 95 crs then how comes budget is 120 crs...its just said to create curiosity in which most of Tamil producers used to do tat...Even for Ai wen Oscar claiming huge budget Shankar cleared that its well below hundred crores... I think one safe thing for vj is all the distributors except chennai/nsc are regularly releasing vj films and have a good rapport with vijay..one more thing is like jilla tn distribution price should have been revised after rejection of tax exemption

faithiu11
6th October 2015, 05:36 AM
It's so true bro...but I think if film had been released as per schedule the scenario would had been different ...seems last minute chaos on puli release in overseas screwed the collection ...this is what our rivals wanted to happen everywhere not only in USA /uk but unfortunately they could not do it...that's y it's collected 65crs overall :notworthy:...yes bcz of early mor,mor and preview shows cancelled in oveeseas and a late release release in Ap/tg had cost them around ten crores..

thamiz
6th October 2015, 06:11 AM
***Release dates

1 October 2015

Running time
154 minutes
Country India
Language Tamil
Budget ₹118 crore (US$18 million)[1]
Box office

₹32 crore (US$4.8 million)[2]
Till 04 October 2015 (Tamilnadu)***

This is what wikipedia says. If it is not true, someone should go and get that fixed the "number" correctly.

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 07:00 AM
..its just said to create curiosity in which most of Tamil producers used to do tat...n
:exactly:

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 08:13 AM
Puli did a housefull tonight @EuropaCorpCINE! The Classiest theater in France ! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQluVeEUwAA0kBF.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 08:24 AM
நாட்களில் 8 கோடிகளை வேட்டையாடியது!

சென்னை: ஆந்திர, தெலுங்கானா மாநிலங்களில் பெரும்பாடுபட்டு வெளியான புலி 3 நாட்களில் சுமார் 8 கோடிகளை வேட்டையாடி அனைவரையும் மூக்கின் மேல் விரலை வைக்கும்படி செய்திருக்கிறது.
Puli (U): இப்போதே உங்கள் டிக்கெட்டை புக்செய்யுங்கள்!
என்னதான் படத்திற்கு பிரச்சினை எழுந்தாலும் படம் வெளியான இடங்களில் எல்லாம் நல்ல வசூலைத் தொடர்ந்து குவித்து வருவதால் படக்குழுவினர் சற்று நிம்மதி அடைந்திருக்கின்றனர்.
படம் வெளியாகும் நேரத்தில் எழுந்த பிரச்சினைகளே படத்திற்கு பெரியளவில் விளம்பரமாக மாறியதாக செய்திகள் வெளியாகி இருக்கின்றன.
புலி
விஜய்யின் நடிப்பில் கடந்த 1 ம் தேதி வெளியான புலி திரைப்படம் முதல் வாரத்தில் நல்ல வசூலை ஈட்டியிருப்பதாக பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் தரப்பிலிருந்து கூறுகின்றனர். படம் வெளியான அன்றும் அதற்கு முதல் நாளும் எழுந்த பிரச்சினைகள் படத்திற்கு மாபெரும் விளம்பரத்தை இலவசமாக தேடித் தந்திருக்கின்றன.
சென்னையில்
கடந்த வாரம் வெளியான புலி சென்னையில் மட்டும் சுமார் 2.84 கோடியை வசூலித்து இருக்கிறது என்று பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் வட்டாரங்கள் தெரிவிக்கின்றன. காந்தி ஜெயந்தி விடுமுறையில் வெளியானது மற்றும் போட்டிப் படங்கள் இல்லாதது போன்ற காரணங்களால் அனைத்துத் திரையரங்களிலும் புலி படத்திற்கு 90% இருக்கைகள் நிரம்பி வழிய, புலி சென்னையில் நன்கு கல்லா கட்டி இருக்கிறது. மேலும் பாகுபலி படத்தின் முதல் வார வசூலையும் சென்னையில் முறியடித்து இருக்கிறது புலி.
அக்கட சீமையில்
ஒருநாள் தாமதமாக ஆந்திர, தெலுங்கானா மாநிலங்களில் வெளியான புலி இதுவரை இந்த 3 நாட்களில் சுமார் 8 கோடிகளை வசூலித்து இருக்கிறது. விடுமுறை தினமான நேற்று மட்டும் சுமார் 4 கோடிகளை அள்ளியிருக்கிறது புலி. முதல் நாளில் 1 கோடியை வசூலித்த புலி 2 வது நாளில் 3 கோடிகளை வசூலித்து இருக்கிறது.
400 திரையரங்குகளில்
2 மாநிலங்களிலும் சுமார் 400 திரையரங்குகளில் வெளியான புலி திரைப்படம் விநியோகஸ்தர்களுக்கு நல்ல லாபத்தைக் கொடுத்திருக்கிறது. 8 கோடி ரூபாய்க்கு புலி படத்தை வாங்கியவர்கள் இந்த 3 தினங்களில் சுமார் 70% லாபத்தைக் கண்டிருக்கின்றனர்.
டிக்கெட் கிடைக்காத நிலை
இதில் ஆச்சரியம் என்னவென்றால் புலி படத்திற்கு நேற்று டிக்கெட் கிடைப்பது பெரும்பாடாக இருந்திருக்கிறது. முதல்நாளில் புலி வெளியாகாத நிலையில் இந்த செய்தி சமூக வலைதளங்கள் மூலம் காட்டுத்தீ வேகத்தில் பரவ, படத்தில் அப்படி என்னதான் இருக்கிறது என்று கூட்டம் கூட்டமாக திரையரங்குகளை நோக்கி படையெடுத்து இருக்கின்றனர் ஆந்திர வாலாக்கள்.
ஒரே நாளில் 250
நேற்று ஒரே நாளில் 2 மாநிலங்களிலும் சேர்த்து சுமார் 250 காட்சிகள் திரையிடப்பட்டிருக்கின்றன. மேலும் படத்திற்கு நல்ல வரவேற்பு கிடைத்திருப்பதாக ஆந்திர பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் நிறுவனம் தனது ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் தெரிவித்து இருக்கிறது. ருத்ரமாதேவி வெளியாக இன்னும் 3 தினங்கள் உள்ள நிலையில் ஆந்திர பாக்ஸ் ஆபிசை தொடர்ந்து வேட்டையாடி வருகிறது புலி.
http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/box-office-vijay-s-puli-telugu-version-collected-8-crores-037028.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
6th October 2015, 09:24 AM
https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/CQmkbilUsAAifuF.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
6th October 2015, 09:26 AM
Out of the two, Hansika was Better than Shruti as Princess !!

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 09:38 AM
#Puli roars at the Box Office :2thumbsup:
#BangaloreMirror News paper today!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQmaxNRVAAA4SkH.jpg

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 09:43 AM
Seems it would have collected 10-12 Cr more if it had released in all three languages on schedule:(

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 09:46 AM
Out of the two, Hansika was Better than Shruti as Princess !!
Boss here Everbody tensed on collection ...you are talking about who's better :mrgreen: just kidding bro...I liked Shruti better but her voice was horrible:(

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 09:47 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQmR5cNUwAAJlcT.jpg

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 09:51 AM
https://scontent.fmaa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12075025_587834071354725_5546119425757543875_n.jpg ?oh=e52ae8360b43b97c806e803204892350&oe=56A42520

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:01 AM
Moh @mohikartik
Transformation of the set @ ECR - Chennai into Vedhala Koatai digitally! Thnx to all the CG artists involved! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQiXETNU8AA-cgc.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:05 AM
Moh @mohikartik
Some of the digital set extensions in "Puli"
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQinNRbUkAACTiL.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:08 AM
Puli before and after vfx
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkTXsyVEAEFnlK.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:11 AM
Take a bow,Puli vfx team :notworthy:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkj3d_UEAAuwbP.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:12 AM
Puli Before and After VFX
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkVGtXUkAUJ7AK.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkTNXyU8AAhG3B.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkTSkAU8AUpDRM.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:20 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQi0hTvUEAANJhq.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:21 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQj28M8UEAA64Fo.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:21 AM
Puli Before and After VFX https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQj3J0tUkAEndWb.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:24 AM
Puli Before and After VFX https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkUkkgUcAEPQQR.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:28 AM
Puli working materials.. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQjYhlWUsAEDERQ.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:29 AM
Puli working materials.. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQjYr-UWEAAwncA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQjYzPGUAAAWYvj.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:30 AM
Kingdom of darkness https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkTh8lUwAAkuCr.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:31 AM
One Eye Giant Drawing work https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQkVFnwU8AA0RG5.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 10:50 AM
First weekend box office: Puli rakes 64 crores worldwide!
Despite mixed reviews,Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli has performed extremely well at the worldwide box office. Except USA, the film has opened well in many territories but the acid test has only started from yesterday and already, there is a steep drop in the collections.
In Tamil Nadu, Puli has apparently grossed 31.5 crores in its four day opening weekend. In Kerala, the film has grossed 4 crores in four days while the Karnataka gross figure is 5.7 crores.
In Andhra and Telangana, Puli has grossed around 4.65 crores while in Hindi and rest of India, the film has grossed 5.80 crores. Considering the overseas box office numbers, the film is said to have grossed more than 64 crores (approx) at the world wide box office.
Now, the big question is, will the film sustain well during the weekdays and turn out to be a profitable venture, considering the huge cost of production? Only coming days will give us a clear picture… http://www.sify.com/movies/first-weekend-box-office-puli-rakes-64-crores-worldwide-news-tamil-pkgk8Qfeifaei.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
6th October 2015, 11:04 AM
Boss here Everbody tensed on collection ...you are talking about who's better :mrgreen: just kidding bro...I liked Shruti better but her voice was horrible:(

:lol: Collection laam vandhurum Ji ! Maybe certain areas doubtful.

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 12:18 PM
1000Kg Garlands in Bangalore :smokesmirk: !
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQnIyFKUAAERSo0.jpg

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 01:57 PM
Puli VFX Making https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7CKIkSB3lQ

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 02:01 PM
Private video it says

interz
6th October 2015, 02:20 PM
vfx before and after stills are awesome. thanks for sharing

mdsherin
6th October 2015, 02:39 PM
Occupancy level in TN seems to be very low. Anyway it will end up in an another disaster like sura.
Very sad
I think distributors will ask for the refund like linga

Leave it friends. Our thalapathy will surely bounce back and i need Vijay 60 as ARM project

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 02:40 PM
Expected this post from u :wink:

mdsherin
6th October 2015, 03:19 PM
Sorry bro. Its really paining inside.
After BB kaththi .....I expected an average grosser like jilla after the initial review but 😔😔😔😔😔
First really failure for thalapthy after 5 years . Don't consider thalaiva........

Russellmvr
6th October 2015, 03:50 PM
mdsherin... I feel sorry for you as the result of Puli hurting you... It will hurt more when you read more about it.
As a fellow fan... please take rest from the hub for a month or till ARM starts a project with him.

mdsherin
6th October 2015, 04:15 PM
Thank you for your concern on me. I know that my post are irritating you all. I want my thalapathy to win always

Sorry

Anyway past is past.

Keep updating.

Kumaran.P
6th October 2015, 04:22 PM
Bcinema
@BcinemaFrance:
#Puli Beat #YennaiArindhaal and #Mass Entries In France With 9200 Entries !

ecureuhapis
6th October 2015, 04:35 PM
Occupancy level in TN seems to be very low. Anyway it will end up in an another disaster like sura.
Very sad
I think distributors will ask for the refund like linga

Leave it friends. Our thalapathy will surely bounce back and i need Vijay 60 as ARM project

:banghead:

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 04:36 PM
Exactly my feel :lol2:

mdsherin
6th October 2015, 05:08 PM
Friends. Don't tease me Like this

Iam a die hard fan of Vijay. If vijay lose it will hurt me

I can't take this as a joke bcos vijay's involvement on this movie is high.

it is not like sura . If it was like sura then I don't care at all. But I don't know why all are spreading this much of negative reviews .

Since you all are vijay fans I shared my feelings that's all.

Nawaaz
6th October 2015, 05:12 PM
No one is teasing. You are worrying too much. It's not as bad as you worry here