PDA

View Full Version : PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Mr.GreyShirt
1st October 2015, 08:00 PM
Plus let's give some time to public/ family audience to decide...

Most Family audience will only start going to the theatre after the Weekend when the Vijay crowd dies down.

Russellvzp
1st October 2015, 08:03 PM
Its just not a movie..

For the team.. a heavy hard work
For us... A long standing hope and expectation...

Being in Srilanka I have realized one thing...

Here we have problem between two "Inam"
But in TN problem within same "Inam" ... Oru thamizhan tamil naatula saathikka vaaippu kodukelana.. avan enga povaan?

i concur.

Russellvzp
1st October 2015, 08:17 PM
it is so refreshing to see some of the hard core fans call a spade as one that shows maturity of some of the fans, will catch up this movie on saturday and post my views..

joe
1st October 2015, 08:39 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROjED1_av0&a=&feature=youtu.be

He had given suitable reviews for our earlier films. Felt some genuiness in those ones ! But for this one vittu kiluchirukkan. Haven't watched and if things don't match ivaru tinnu kattida vendiyadu dhaan !

படத்துல ஒரு கரும்புள்ளி வருது ..

என்னடா இவன் ..கரும்புள்ளி-ங்குறான்

(கூர்ந்து கவனிச்சா) கரும்புளி

இது என்னடா கரும்புளி ??

ஓ .. கரும்புலி -யத்தான் இவன் இப்படி சொல்லுறானா ?

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 08:45 PM
He had given suitable reviews for our earlier films. Felt some genuiness in those ones ! But for this one vittu kiluchirukkan. Haven't watched and if things don't match ivaru tinnu kattida vendiyadu dhaan !
His review sounded like that he wanted kaththi and thuppaki kinda scenes in puli :roll: ...eventhough Vijay fans say that it's so good to see Vijay trying something new but when they watch him on screen they want mass scenes without even realizing..that's wht happening with puli now..

mdsherin
1st October 2015, 08:55 PM
Well said. Lets wait for box office status

ramdas2005
1st October 2015, 09:00 PM
Its just not a movie..

For the team.. a heavy hard work
For us... A long standing hope and expectation...

Being in Srilanka I have realized one thing...

Here we have problem between two "Inam"
But in TN problem within same "Inam" ... Oru thamizhan tamil naatula saathikka vaaippu kodukelana.. avan enga povaan?

I agree Actors like to try different genre these days, at the same time how it is delivered matters, with CD i expected something more since he has handled this type of genre in 23 Pulikesi, also the issues were too glaring for me.

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 09:15 PM
Kaushik LM
Kaushik LM – ‏@Lmkmoviemaniac

My #Puli review - http://www.lmkmoviemaniac.com/2015/10/puli-movie-review.html …
A very gracious 3 / 5
Looking beyond its issues, Puli is a lavishly made mainstream fantasy ride
3:59 AM - 1 Oct 2015

Freedom
1st October 2015, 09:21 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROjED1_av0&a=&feature=youtu.be

Don't trust his review. He knows absolutely nothing. kaasu vaangittu enna venumnaalum solluvaan.

Russellmvr
1st October 2015, 09:24 PM
You are right Freedom. For some reason I dislike him from the beginning.

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 09:25 PM
Don't trust his review. He knows absolutely nothing. kaasu vaangittu enna venumnaalum solluvaan.
Honestly I felt like he spoke as hardcore Vijay fan who can't see him without action/mass scenes :mrgreen:

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 09:28 PM
All fans review makes me wonder wht will happen if piriyamanavale kinda movie releases now???

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 09:33 PM
Raghava Lawrence
Raghava Lawrence – ‏@im_raghava

Fabulous Movie :) @actorvijay Best Wishes To Ilayathalapathy Vijay sir and #Puli Team for a Great Success 🐅👍😊

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 09:34 PM
Sreedhar Pillai
Sreedhar Pillai – ‏@sri50

#Puli 2.5/5. Does not live up to expectations. The roar that one associates with a big budget fantasy adventure is missing. Storyline weak

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 09:34 PM
Sreedhar Pillai

#Puli 2.5/5. Vijay does justice to his father and son role. But characterisation of Sudeep & Sridevi is ineffective and not strong enough

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 09:36 PM
Sreedhar Pillai
The vfx of Kamal Kannan & cinematography of Natraj is commendable.Music of @ThisIsDSP is good loved Yendi & nice picturisation

mdsherin
1st October 2015, 09:40 PM
Iam watching movie nw

Freedom
1st October 2015, 09:55 PM
You are right Freedom. For some reason I dislike him from the beginning.

He is absolute worst fellow, avanukku movie review panra thaguthiye illa. Just ignore the guy!

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 10:10 PM
For the first time I see a movie appreciated by neutral fans more than hardcore fans . lol.

gane14
1st October 2015, 10:10 PM
Watched it, Average

Movie might work well with family and kids

I am happy with the top notch visuals. Fabulous work by Kamalakannan, Natty and Muthuraj.

Sruthi fans dont miss it, eyecandy and hot.

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 10:17 PM
He is absolute worst fellow, avanukku movie review panra thaguthiye illa. Just ignore the guy!
You mean that panda guy? If yes, he looks ridiculous.

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 10:18 PM
Kamalakannan has got bright future :notworthy:

Shanker
1st October 2015, 10:22 PM
Just caught the 9pm show at Rex. Was a full house.

Let me start the review with the score, a very generous 3/5 mostly for Vijay's performance and the effort. Anyone who tells you its either excellent or downright terrible is lying. It's all in all an average film.

Chimbudevan disappoints. His script is not fresh, his execution is flawed. This will be one of the movies Vijay will file under 'Decent story, terrible execution'. I know I am hard on the movie and after a polished product like Kaththi, Puli is a let down. The one word I kept hearing associated with the movie is that its a 'family entertainer' and 'kids will love it'. If its appropriate for Shruti to dance in skimpy outfits to cheap choreography, then I think you can call it that. I am a straight male so I did not find issue with it but my significant other sure did. The action sequences, while quite exhilarating, were too long and also with too many slow-mo effects.

Now to the good part. All the cast did their parts well, especially Sudeep. SriDevi could have been utilized more but that might just be me. Prabhu and Nandita were good in their cameos. Comedy was sufficient. The songs were helped greatly by the visualization, special mention to Vijay's dance. BGM was surprisingly pretty good. The behind the scene heroes of this movie are DoP Natty and Art Director Muthuraj. Both did their parts to perfection. Last but not least, Vijay. As with most average movies he was in, he carries the film on his shoulders from beginning to end. Be it action, comedy, dance or sentiment, this man can do it and do it well. I just hope directors use him better, script wise and execution wise.

On towards Vijay59.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
1st October 2015, 10:42 PM
SriDevi could have been utilized more but that might just be me

My friend heard news that Sridevi was upset over many of her scenes being edited out only to be revealed during dubbing time...

Shanker
1st October 2015, 10:44 PM
My friend heard news that Sridevi was upset over many of her scenes being edited out only to be revealed during dubbing time...

She is absent completely from the first half. In the second half, she's just got a handful of dialogues. Pretty sad really. She was splendid in the scenes she were in.

bimmer
1st October 2015, 10:48 PM
படத்துல ஒரு கரும்புள்ளி வருது ..

என்னடா இவன் ..கரும்புள்ளி-ங்குறான்

(கூர்ந்து கவனிச்சா) கரும்புளி

இது என்னடா கரும்புளி ??

ஓ .. கரும்புலி -யத்தான் இவன் இப்படி சொல்லுறானா ?

Ivan ellam oru allu nu, Ivanukku folowers vera, Any body can call themselves critics...Koduma, This guy knows nothing about Movie making yet reviews technical aspects.

bimmer
1st October 2015, 10:50 PM
On a Lighter note!!! Is this true http://www.thehindu.com/news/it-raids-on-premises-of-actors-vijay-nayanthara-samantha-ends/article7712720.ece?homepage=true

It says he has evaded taxes for 5 Years

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
1st October 2015, 10:53 PM
She is absent completely from the first half. In the second half, she's just got a handful of dialogues. Pretty sad really. She was splendid in the scenes she were in.

Even sudeep's scenes were edited out it seems... Director literally chased behind Sudeep that only he can the role and same case with Sridevi ! What happened still remains a mystery !

uruzalari
1st October 2015, 10:56 PM
Liked the adventure part which starts with the dwarfs around 40 minutes before the interval and extends some half hour after it. But did not like the remaining part of the film. The 'mass' factor not projected properly and the 'political mileage' dialogues were big downers for me. Vijay looks even younger than Jilla and Kaththi. Dance was very good.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
1st October 2015, 10:58 PM
On a Lighter note!!! Is this true http://www.thehindu.com/news/it-raids-on-premises-of-actors-vijay-nayanthara-samantha-ends/article7712720.ece?homepage=true

Apdiye ellarum uthaman maadhiri pesuraanga media la ! Ellarum pathukki dhaan vakkuraanga... Avan avan vaaila thinikka vendiya betta thinithu most of them evade... Inga what happened who knows... Black sheep irundhirukalaam, TN politics irukkalaam ennadhaan Central Govt irundhaalum State samandhame illama avangalaala onnum panna mudiyadu !

Freedom
1st October 2015, 11:01 PM

Dubakoor news bimmer. Someone like Vijay cannot evade tax so easily. It is best not to post this at this point in this thread.

mdsherin
1st October 2015, 11:01 PM
1st half over. Good visuals and new concept to tamil cinema

mdsherin
1st October 2015, 11:03 PM
family and kids will love the movie

mdsherin
1st October 2015, 11:04 PM
Superb graphics. I loved the first half. Watch it as different movie.

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 11:06 PM
Dubakoor news bimmer. Someone like Vijay cannot evade tax so easily. It is best not to post this at this point in this thread.
"The Hindu" is known for this. The raid ended saying all clear. Only this site says so and so

thamiz
1st October 2015, 11:19 PM
When it comes to actor-related stuff, "the hindu" quality goes way down! I would not take their claim seriously. It is obvious there is a "political motive" behind. I dont know who "triggered" this!

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 11:41 PM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas
Ram Muthuram Cinemas – ‏@RamCinemas

Too much of Family Audience crowd for #Puli night show !

Soo happy to see :)

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 11:42 PM
Sidhu
Sidhu – ‏@sidhuwrites

#Puli Interval: Not bad. A decent fantasy adventure with a lot of interesting, never-seen-before characters. Slightly sluggish though.

Nawaaz
1st October 2015, 11:44 PM
Box Office 24x7
Box Office 24x7 – ‏@BOReports24x7

#Puli - Visually Excellent - 3.5/5

#Vijay was energetic!! Extraordinary visuals on par with hollywood!! Kudos to Kamalakanan & team!

arulraj
2nd October 2015, 12:06 AM
Watched the movie.... kudos to Vijay for this brave attempt...I liked very much... length could have been reduced by 10 mts for each half.... Other than vijay no one leading actor is having dare to act to these kind of movie. .. No doubt puli will end as BB..:smokesmirk:

ramdas2005
2nd October 2015, 12:08 AM
http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/puli-review-a-colourful-diversion-for-undemanding-kids/article7712586.ece?secpage=true&secname=entertainment

balakumar86
2nd October 2015, 12:13 AM
Nawaaz - Joined in Nov 2010. Total posts: 159. All today.
Man, you keep flooding this thread with positive comments posted on Twitter, FB, LinkedIn. Relax, man.

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2015, 12:28 AM
When critics said its Suraa part 2, I didn't know they were kind on Puli.

I don't think even kids would like it. My kid slept halfway. Accept reality and move on.. :(

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk

mdsherin
2nd October 2015, 12:46 AM
So u don't like d movie😔

mdsherin
2nd October 2015, 12:48 AM
As a vijay fan i liked the movie. Its a different attempt. Hats off to my thalapathy

VinodKumar's
2nd October 2015, 01:00 AM
Watched it second time. I dont disappoint when a masala movie goes wrong. But when you decided to do a different stuff do it in that way.

Vijay in Audio launch - Oru sarithira padam pannanum aana adhae time commercial elements-um irukkanum - Idhaan prachanayae ...aathula oru kaal sethula oru kaal nu !!! Movie could have been far far better if the script was not compromised for masala elements..Same problem with ATM also.

Fantastic CG work has been wasted :twisted:.

High time to stop political agenda dialogues. Mudila. Especially climax dialogues. Engalalam paatha ippdi theridha illa appdi theridha :angry2:. Vijay looks cool. Looks younger than his previous movies but he could have put little more effort for this movie.

I am moving to Vijay 59.

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 01:06 AM
Nawaaz - Joined in Nov 2010. Total posts: 159. All today.
Man, you keep flooding this thread with positive comments posted on Twitter, FB, LinkedIn. Relax, man.
Bro I was posting Twitter comments of film critics or people from film industry...whts wrong in that???:huh:...LinkedIn ???you just uploaded you resume in it :mrgreen:..take a chill pill bro..

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 01:12 AM
Vijay in Audio launch - Oru sarithira padam pannanum aana adhae time commercial elements-um irukkanum - Idhaan prachanayae ...aathula oru kaal sethula oru kaal nu !!! Movie could have been far far better if the script was not compromised for masala elements...

Rightly said ...

Mr.GreyShirt
2nd October 2015, 01:13 AM
Ah too bad the movie isn't good. Was looking forward to it. Now not so much. I'll wait and see what my family says

Dammy R
2nd October 2015, 01:15 AM

No wonder. I kept thinking what in this script she found so appealing to make a comeback in Tamil cinema. If I were a Sridevi fan, I would be banging my head right now for her choosing Puli over Bahubali. Ramya's role, even though short and crisp, had tremendous impact and mass appeal in the overall scheme of things in Bahubali. Hope Vijay ensures he chooses a good director in future in case he wants to experiment. Anyway, like some of you said, time to move on to Vijay59.

Russellpvs
2nd October 2015, 01:29 AM
This is bad :( negative reviews even from senior hubbers. Appove paattu latchnathulayae therinju pochu.
Now even more worried on V59..cant trust Atlee jus by one movie. SJS vera appapo kanavula varaan :shaking:

VinodKumar's
2nd October 2015, 01:34 AM
Flash back part which was supposed to bring the emotions for revenge was removed to accommodate unnecessary songs and intro fight etc .... Seri ithoda naa nippatikiraen ...stomach burning ...looks like Vijay fans are more disappointed than other audience.

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2015, 02:03 AM
Fantasy is a genre which is not often touched in Tamil cinema. And when you have a mass hero like Vijay, a sane director could've done wonders with the genre. Chimbudeven completely messed it up with a pretty ordinary story and worst screenplay. Baahubali had a simple story too but SSR ensured that we were glued to the screen because of the presentation. That's completely missing in Puli.

Vijay was not comfortable with the role. Somehow his body language and dialogue delivery didn't work for me. Looked and sounded artificial. For a man who nailed it in the Kaththi press meet scene, this was unacceptable

Contrary to my expectations, both music was reasonably good and CG was top notch. My heart goes out to those VFX guys who've done a great job which will only go unnoticed.

Shruthi should compel her directors to use a professional dubbing artist for her. I simply couldn't listen to her voice.

Wasting Sridevi,Sudeep and others didn't bother me much as that was the smallest of many issues with the film.

All said, I still feel sorry for Vijay for trying out something different but ending up on the losing side. But at least in the future, he should chose solid scripts and entrust only capable directors with big budget projects.

How good it would be if i suddenly wake up and find its just a nightmare!! [emoji17]

maniram_1234
2nd October 2015, 02:20 AM
Fantasy is a genre which is not often touched in Tamil cinema. And when you have a mass hero like Vijay, a sane director could've done wonders with the genre. Chimbudeven completely messed it up with a pretty ordinary story and worst screenplay. Baahubali had a simple story too but SSR ensured that we were glued to the screen because of the presentation. That's completely missing in Puli.

Vijay was not comfortable with the role. Somehow his body language and dialogue delivery didn't work for me. Looked and sounded artificial. For a man who nailed it in the Kaththi press meet scene, this was unacceptable

Contrary to my expectations, both music was reasonably good and CG was top notch. My heart goes out to those VFX guys who've done a great job which will only go unnoticed.

Shruthi should compel her directors to use a professional dubbing artist for her. I simply couldn't listen to her voice.

Wasting Sridevi,Sudeep and others didn't bother me much as that was the smallest of many issues with the film.

All said, I still feel sorry for Vijay for trying out something different but ending up on the losing side. But at least in the future, he should chose solid scripts and entrust only capable directors with big budget projects.

How good it would be if i suddenly wake up and find its just a nightmare!! [emoji17]
Mindset of kaththi is affecting even fans of vijay
This is the only thing I am jealous of ajith even during his toughest time ajith fans stood withhim
Vijay is badly missing those die hard fans his side
Saw 2 times today night sangam fans enjoyed a lot
Let collections speak

maniram_1234
2nd October 2015, 02:21 AM
This is the only thing I am jealous of ajith even during his toughest time ajith fans stood withhim
Let collections speak
Murugadas Vera level chimbu Vera

Mr.GreyShirt
2nd October 2015, 03:06 AM
Let collections speak

We understand that movies fail. Accepting when it fails and giving harsh yet constructive criticism is also part of a fan's job.

Adox
2nd October 2015, 05:56 AM
Let collections speak

Please! Vijay has achieved a level that there's no need for any unnecessary praises from mature fans. All top star's fans from what I know are providing appropriate feedback even if negative. That said, I hope the movie achieves some success with him trying out a different genre.

rsubras
2nd October 2015, 06:51 AM
Let collections speak

Ithaiye than Surya Anjaan ku sonnaru, collections la oru matter ah enna

Apart from that, one must really commend Vijay for daring to tread into fantasy genre and place faith on a talented director like Chimbudevan. Sura, Jana mathiri oru typecast movie eduthu fail aagarathai vida ithu evvalavo mel(haven't seen the movie yet) Apart from that Chimbudevan should realise that he should've tried to fit Vijay for his story, like ARM did and not the other way around like that atm director did

faithiu11
2nd October 2015, 06:56 AM
Expected one from chimbudevan....vijay should work with directors who controlls him...dont put entire blame on director, no director will tell hero to do tat kind of body language...dont know wat vijay thinking about himself and crores of fans...his biggest plus is his body language(up to ghilli) but after thirupachi and pokiri his body language in comedy scenes just puts me off...hope atlee is a sensible director and wont get convinced and gets the best out of vijay...i realised after every blockbuster vijay gives this kind of a shit...is it a deliberate choice..?
Thalaivar should sit back and realise how big star he is and how much fans expecting from him and should understand taste of current generation audience

faithiu11
2nd October 2015, 07:13 AM
Big heroes lik vijay,vikram,suriya,dhanush should think about the fans and producers and try to give good movies consistently....ivunga padam pakarthuku new director movies pakalam...punthu vilayadranga...ithula fan fight vera who is best nu...looks so silly...

Ramkumar86
2nd October 2015, 07:26 AM
Praboo. If vijay gives a movie like sura now, then you can blame him lot more than this. This is a different attempt but execution is not proper. Storywise Puli has lot of interesting elements - The journey to vedhalam, meeting the dwarfs gang, some puzzle solving in journey, evil queen. But execution is very poor with unnecessary songs and irritating comedy.
But I accept that Vijay is not comfortable in comedy scenes after ghilli.

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 07:32 AM
Watched with family again. They were full of praises for the effort and visuals. They like it a lot.

faithiu11
2nd October 2015, 07:36 AM
Ok let me straight to the point...vijay inflenced movie soo much...its pretty clear...this is not the first movie...jilla could have been a blockbuster if he controlled his body language ..it has a good storyline

GSV
2nd October 2015, 08:19 AM
Praboo.. Partially agree on thalaivars body language in his recent movies.. But This s where he gets kids and ladies audience.. To be at the top,he has to maintain this balance..sometimes it works and some times doesn't....

Best example s Kathi and Jilla.. Jilla s not BB not just becoz of body language.. Other factors like length, no wow factors etc... Where as Kathi too had same body language in first 45 mins which most of us felt not good but kids and ladies enjoyed and movie s BB..

He has to compromise many things to get the name enga veetu annan and chella pillai of Tamil cinema.. Avlo easy enna..

Russellmvr
2nd October 2015, 08:30 AM
ATM was a hell of a good story messed by Mass Elements... Guess Puli goes in the same way.
I really do not mind if this movie hurt the production house... A clear message will be sent.

It doesnt mean that we hate vijay at all.. we never ever... we will expect more and hope more for his venture. But meantime, we want him to know that we are expecting more than what he did in Puli.

We all know how capable he is... then why we should get something which in par with his talent?

faithiu11
2nd October 2015, 08:31 AM
In velayudham his comedy portions ,timing and body language was superb...even now wen v watch it, it was so fresh..it was so casual ..y cant he try tat kind of body language in comedy portions...just take sachin he was so perfect in tat wen comes to body language it was so natural...i can challenge no one in current genereation can pull of the press meet scene in kaththi lik he did...he has so much talent...my wish and desire is he should exploit this in effective way..this is the right time for tat...

Russellmvr
2nd October 2015, 08:35 AM
Come on guys.. We have to accept all in a game...
Lets move on and wait for the next project.

faithiu11
2nd October 2015, 08:44 AM
Anyway i just shared my opinion and concern...sry if it hurts anyone....ivalo pesittu adutha padathuku fdfs pogathan poram

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 09:12 AM
Good to see open discussion from fans rather than hiding truth . I felt no problem in movie as I was expecting a chimbudevan fantasy movie rather than Vijay movie. That's where I didn't get disappointed much. And that's where neutral people felt movie better than Vijay fans.

Still movie is gonna do wonders in BO because of family audience which is vijay's biggest strength. He should not stop trying different genre movies. But his political aspiration makes me feel :evil:

paranitharan
2nd October 2015, 09:53 AM
Let collections speak

thank you nanba:mrgreen:

maniram_1234
2nd October 2015, 10:18 AM
Expected one from chimbudevan....vijay should work with directors who controlls him...dont put entire blame on director, no director will tell hero to do tat kind of body language...dont know wat vijay thinking about himself and crores of fans...his biggest plus is his body language(up to ghilli) but after thirupachi and pokiri his body language in comedy scenes just puts me off...hope atlee is a sensible director and wont get convinced and gets the best out of vijay...i realised after every blockbuster vijay gives this kind of a shit...is it a deliberate choice..?
Thalaivar should sit back and realise how big star he is and how much fans expecting from him and should understand taste of current generation audience

also that iluthu pesara moment very irritating

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2015, 10:19 AM
Maniram,

Honestly, I didnt expect Kaththi kind of film. All i expected was a decent film that we could sit through.

If praising a bad film is what you do you as a genuine fan, I am happy that Vijay doesn't have such fans. We've been critical of him for his bad films right through his career. Especially hub. I've seen similar or harsher reviews for Suraa or Villu then.

Russellmvr
2nd October 2015, 10:24 AM
To be honest those critical reviews are the one, which turned the path of Vijay.
IMHO, we need to be honest with the review and outcome, then only they will get our message.

paranitharan
2nd October 2015, 10:54 AM
-deleted with warning-

Russellmvr
2nd October 2015, 11:34 AM
Guys.. Please leave it. Let us just stick to Puli.

joe
2nd October 2015, 11:40 AM

Honesty Bro ..Honesty .. Vijay needs more fans like you :thumbsup:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 11:45 AM
Praboo.. Partially agree on thalaivars body language in his recent movies.. But This s where he gets kids and ladies audience.. To be at the top,he has to maintain this balance..sometimes it works and some times doesn't....

Best example s Kathi and Jilla.. Jilla s not BB not just becoz of body language.. Other factors like length, no wow factors etc... Where as Kathi too had same body language in first 45 mins which most of us felt not good but kids and ladies enjoyed and movie s BB..

He has to compromise many things to get the name enga veetu annan and chella pillai of Tamil cinema.. Avlo easy enna..

Innum ethana varushathukku dhaan Chella pillaiyave irukkuradu... Everybody knows him and he shud try varied genres like horror, thriller, romantic or full fledged comedy etc.... Nandu sindugalaam enna ennamo pannudhunga... Nammalaala mudiyaada enna ???

balaajee
2nd October 2015, 11:46 AM
Its a clear case of betrayal...simbu devan....

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 11:50 AM
This is bad :( negative reviews even from senior hubbers. Appove paattu latchnathulayae therinju pochu.
Now even more worried on V59..cant trust Atlee jus by one movie. SJS vera appapo kanavula varaan :shaking:

V59 Vidunga.... GV 50th Film as MD ! Songs Greatest Expectation vechirukken... SJS is a Big Gamble ! Even ARM slipped in 7am Arivu but Hit Back Strongly... SJS Vendaamnu sollala na but for timebeing avar vendaam...

GSV
2nd October 2015, 11:53 AM
Innum ethana varushathukku dhaan Chella pillaiyave irukkuradu... Everybody knows him and he shud try varied genres like horror, thriller, romantic or full fledged comedy etc.... Nandu sindugalaam enna ennamo pannudhunga... Nammalaala mudiyaada enna ???
Ipvk,
agree.. I was just saying It s not Vijays fault alone..

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2015, 11:56 AM
Honesty Bro ..Honesty .. Vijay needs more fans like you [emoji106]
That was more of a வயித்தெரிச்சல் post than being honest, bro. [emoji23]

Give Vijay and half the budget of Puli to a layman like me and i am sure i can make a watchable film. Chimbudeven is Shankar's assistant and Vijay invested almost an year and plenty of money and in the end, we get THIS. [emoji24]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 12:02 PM
Ipvk,
agree.. I was just saying It s not just Vijays fault alone..

Agreed Dude... They failed as a Team !! Even Yo Yo DSP Songs were nice but times have changed... When was the last time people thronged theatres to just witness only 1 song ? Vaazhameenukkum ? Danga Maari ?... Execution only lifts each movies...

Dammy R
2nd October 2015, 12:20 PM
Albert theater, which had not released Puli yesterday and had planned TIN for the weekend now has 3 shows of Puli from today. Same with Bharath theater.

mdsherin
2nd October 2015, 01:06 PM
First day TN gross is 10.75 crores

joe
2nd October 2015, 03:42 PM
My wife - மரண மொக்கை
My Son - Awesome

Russellmvr
2nd October 2015, 03:46 PM
My wife - மரண மொக்கை
My Son - Awesome

Puriyatha design intha padam..!!

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 04:02 PM
My wife - மரண மொக்கை
My Son - Awesome
Son review matters a lot.

Ungal karuthu?

joe
2nd October 2015, 04:20 PM
நான் இன்னும் பார்க்கல்லப்பா .
பையன் போகணும்னு சொன்னதால அம்மா கூட்டி போயிருக்காங்க .

விஜயின் பலம் சிறுவர்கள் தான்

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 04:44 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/puli-has-grossed-close-to-11-crores-in-tamil-nadu-on-day-1.html

Despite special shows cancelled. Biggest opening of the year :smokesmirk:

Russellmvr
2nd October 2015, 04:53 PM
Neither Film Critics Nor Tax Collectors Can Stop Vijay's 'Puli' From Opening Big

Rob Cain ,CONTRIBUTOR
I write about the Chinese and Indian movie industries.
FOLLOW ON FORBES (115)
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
Despite an onslaught of negative reviews and a concerted effort by India’s tax collectors to impede the film’s opening day screenings, India’s big budget fantasy-adventure Puli scored a solid opening day domestic gross of 216 million rupees (US$3.3 million) on Wednesday. Given the film’s 1.18 billion rupee ($18 million) budget, it’s a reasonably good start, but the producers will be hoping for many more good days ahead if they’re to break even on the effects-heavy film.

Puli
Image credit: SKT Studios

Lead actor Vijay’s recent movies have been plagued by mishaps and government interventions, and Puli was no exception. On the day before Puli‘s worldwide release India’s Income Tax Department conducted raids at Vijay’s Chennai home and office, as well as the offices of director Chimbu Devan and several of the film’s other actors. According to sources close to the film, delivery of digital prints to some theaters was delayed while authorities investigated alleged tax evasion charges on the part of those they raided.

“The Hindu” reported that Puli actors Vijay, Samantha and Nayanthara have collectively evaded taxes to the tune of 250 million rupees ($3.8 million). It’s been rumored that actor Vijay personally put up a deposit of 130 million rupees ($2 million) with the IT on Wednesday morning to clear the way for the film’s release.

Elsewhere, screenings in North America were delayed when Tamil and Telugu language versions were mixed up and sent to the wrong theaters. Screenings got underway by Wednesday afternoon, but some theaters were still dark on Thursday.

Given the timing of the raids, many speculated that the government actions may have been politically motivated. The International Business Times wrote:

Vijay has often become the victim of dirty politics. All his movies in the last couple of years have landed in one or the other controversy. His Thalaivaa was unofficially banned in the state just before the release, when exhibitors boycotted the movie citing bomb threat if the film was played in theatres.

Recommended by Forbes
MOST POPULAR
Photos: 10 Steps To Take When You Win A Lottery Jackpot
TRENDING ON FACEBOOK
Meet The African-American Billionaire Businessman Who's Richer Than Michael...

'Puli' Aims To Become South India's Next 'Baahubali'
'Puli' Trailer Releases To Massive Viewer Response
Bollywood Superstar Akshay Kumar Courts Controversy With 'Singh is Bliing'

Ironically, in the film Vijay plays a character who comes to the defense of peasants in a kingdom that attacks them when they fail to pay their taxes.

Critics reviews were mixed to poor, with much praise for the film’s visual effects and costumes, but with biting and even savage criticism of the plotting, pace, acting, music, and story logic.

Among others, “The Hindustan Times” called Puli a “fantastic flop,” “utterly disappointing” and “unbearable to watch,” and gave the film just 1 star out of 5. “The Times of India” gave Puli 2.5 stars, calling it ”a fantasy… told in an amateur fashion” that “fails to entertain.”

Puli faces formidable competition from the Akshay Kumar comedy Singh is Bliing, which opened on Thursday. If Puli is to make back its investment it will need kinder treatment from moviegoers than it has received thus far from critics and government authorities.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 05:34 PM
Just out of Puli. Till 1st Half End was satisfied ! 2nd Half - My Goodness :( What have u done Vijay and Chimbu ? :banghead:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 05:39 PM
One thing he'll enter Politics for sure ! He's waiting for the right time to do so is what I think !

Mr.GreyShirt
2nd October 2015, 06:12 PM
Are there realy lot of political overtones going on in the movie?

otedoric
2nd October 2015, 06:14 PM
No... Definately not that much..

otedoric
2nd October 2015, 06:19 PM
After the Morning shows cancelled I got the chance only now to watch the movie....

After going through the reviews movie is certainly not that bad...
From Prabu's death up to the flashback, it was actually nice...

I think the pbm was chimbudevan's dilemma to work in his style completely or to cater Vijay's mass...

No wonder VIJAY hesitated to try a different genre...

Watched in Nanganallur velan...
Both the screens were housefull with lot of ladies and kids...

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 06:21 PM
Are there realy lot of political overtones going on in the movie?

Yes Definitely !

mdsherin
2nd October 2015, 06:26 PM
Yes .

For me also movie seems ok and i don't know why all are compairing with sura .its up to their opinion.

As a thalapathy fan i want this film to do wonders in the box office .

how is theatre response especially ladies and kids

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 06:43 PM
The film has it's moments ! But each and every moment gets hindered by either songs or Loud Dialgoues ! These 4 Days won't count much as of course people are gng to throng to theatres to watch it ! What happens from Monday is what we shud wait and see !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd October 2015, 06:45 PM
Lingusamy Likes Puli ! Congratulates Director and Producer.....

Mr.GreyShirt
2nd October 2015, 07:23 PM
Yes Definitely !

Then we gave no right to be angry when his movies get into trouble by politics.

Avadi to America
2nd October 2015, 07:27 PM
நான் இன்னும் பார்க்கல்லப்பா .
பையன் போகணும்னு சொன்னதால அம்மா கூட்டி போயிருக்காங்க .

விஜயின் பலம் சிறுவர்கள் தான்

If so, he will have edge over his counterpart in down the line.

thamiz
2nd October 2015, 07:49 PM
If so, he will have edge over his counterpart in down the line.

To some extent. You dont know how these kids turn out to be after the grew up! I know lots of people were Rajini fans when they were young but later they became some other actors' fan.

faithiu11
2nd October 2015, 07:51 PM
Eventhough i hate vj mixing political related dialogues in movies...its so silly to stop movie release or giving unnecessary problems...heros lik rajni,vijay kanth did the same in the past and their movies never get banned or faced this kind of problems...telugu big heros doing political ralies for parties but no politicians there doing this kind of silly things

thamiz
2nd October 2015, 07:55 PM
Eventhough i hate vj mixing political related dialogues in movies...its so silly to stop movie release or giving unnecessary problems...heros lik rajni,vijay kanth did the same in the past and their movies never get banned or faced this kind of problems...telugu big heros doing political ralies for parties but no politicians there doing this kind of silly things

Recently every actor had problems. What happened when Viswaroopam and UV were releasing? Even during Lingaa there were lots of law suits and all that went on. Not just Vijay only has problems...

faithiu11
2nd October 2015, 07:59 PM
Yes but banning a movie is a extreme thing...vj has faced lot hell of problems in the recent past during release time than any other actor..next comes kamal then rajni

maniram_1234
2nd October 2015, 08:57 PM
Day2's clctn ll be mre tan Day1 as mny theatres r added as d demand is high btwn d family audience! #PuliOpeningBiggestFromTamil2015

-tive reviews lead to low expectation..Today with low expectation verdict changes frm Worst to Ok 1time watchable #Puli..Family audiences����

#Puli - real test begins from Monday, although Ayngaran are confident the collections from the weekend will be enough to make it a safe bet.

#Puli 10 cr gross on Day 1 in TN.. Excellent opening

#Puli massive 86 shows a day in Singapore. Showtimes for 3 Oct (Sat).

SRI 50 - #Puli takes a good opening in TN - Day 1 - RS 10 Cr gross approximate. Would have been higher, if special shows were held.

Also in CBE Sathyam..
6/6 screens for #Puli this weekend.Happening 2nd time in history after Nanban ����

Ram Muthuram Cinemas ‏@RamCinemas 4h4 hours ago
Internet reviews has nothing to do with #Puli
Going strong as first day !!
Especially Family Audience crowd

maniram_1234
2nd October 2015, 09:05 PM
Albert was waiting for Tax Free status to #Puli as the amount was huge but later decided to screen from today as the film got good response

Experimental movies are always like double edged sword.. Should appreciate Ilayathalapathy Vijay for choosing a offbeat script. #Puli

No negative review could harm #Puli from taking monstrous opening... #Vijay.. Biggest ever Vijay opening at many circuits..

Family Audience loving #Puli! It is attracted by kids and ladies very much!

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 09:20 PM
Maniram thank you for the updates :2thumbsup: ...hope family audience and kids will make puli hit :)

mdsherin
2nd October 2015, 09:24 PM
Thank u maniram😃😃😃👍👍👍

maniram_1234
2nd October 2015, 09:29 PM
Maniram thank you for the updates :2thumbsup: ...hope family audience and kids will make puli hit :)

avangala tha mala pola nambirkom

fingers crossed

seeing the budget

linga loss claim pana mari ayda kudathu

apuram facebook twitter engayum poga mudiyathu

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 09:49 PM
avangala tha mala pola nambirkom
hu
:yes:

Freedom
2nd October 2015, 10:03 PM
I believe some of the posts got deleted. I don't see anything wrong with what prabhoo said. There was some un-necessary posts.

Anyway on a side note here are a few things:

Vijay acts in standard commercial masala - Fans " vera edhuvum nadikka theriyadhu, aracha maave araikaraan"
Vijay tried new Genre - Fans " I ddon't know why he tries this kind of a subject, he doesn't duit him"

My brother(vijay fan) went to with his kids

Brother review: " Ok movie 1 time watch, lot of double meaning dialogues"
Children: "awesome"

As long as children like the movie, it will keep the box office rolling. Is that enough, I don't know!

PS: Vijay should strictly avoid having animal, bird names for his movie :)

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 11:17 PM
Puli, sura, kuruvi... Hmm true

bimmer
2nd October 2015, 11:30 PM
Watched...Overall OK Movie, the less said the better. The basic problem with this movie is that The Director struggles to find a place to accommodate Vijay and the Scipt and in doing so misses out on both!!!. These Kind of Movies would be a better fit to Surya/ Vikram/ Dhanush Genre fans and not to AJ/VJ. I was not very Confident with Chimbu Devan's track record.

on the Kids loving the movie...My kids slept before the first half was over. Some other kids seemed to have enjoyed the movie on various instances like the Panther fight and Lilliput scenes.

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 11:41 PM
Vijay Raina ‏@vijayraina19
@RamCinemas how was family audience response #Puli
Ram Muthuram Cinemas
Ram Muthuram Cinemas – ‏@RamCinemas

@vijayraina19 Today 80% Family Audience only

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 11:47 PM
on the Kids loving the movie...My kids slept before the first half was over. Some other kids seemed to have enjoyed the movie on various instances like the Panther fight and Lilliput scenes.
:clap:

cittu
2nd October 2015, 11:47 PM
Watched...Overall OK Movie, the less said the better. The basic problem with this movie is that The Director struggles to find a place to accommodate Vijay and the Scipt and in doing so misses out on both!!!. These Kind of Movies would be a better fit to Surya/ Vikram/ Dhanush Genre fans and not to AJ/VJ. I was not very Confident with Chimbu Devan's track record.

Brother, please neenga Ajith sir name use pannateenga. Beer um kayyuma irukkura namma Paranitharan inge vanthiduvaaru, enakku bayam bayama irukku.

Nawaaz
2nd October 2015, 11:49 PM
[emoji38]

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 12:00 AM
I think nw movie is getting ok report from neutrals

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 12:06 AM
Awesome pic designed by a fan :notworthy: just love it :smokesmirk:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQThyj3UsAEfTlO.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd October 2015, 12:10 AM
Brother, please neenga Ajith sir name use pannateenga. Beer um kayyuma irukkura namma Paranitharan inge vanthiduvaaru, enakku bayam bayama irukku

:lol: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd October 2015, 12:11 AM
Awesome pic designed by a fan :notworthy: just love it :smokesmirk:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQThyj3UsAEfTlO.jpg

Ipdi Usupethi Usupethi Udamba Rangalam Aaki Vechirkaanga :)

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 12:15 AM
Ipdi Usupethi Usupethi Udamba Rangalam Aaki Vechirkaanga :)
Chill bro even tendulkar can't hit 100 in all the matches...let the people enjoy who like it..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd October 2015, 12:19 AM
Chill bro even tendulkar can't hit 100 in all the matches...let the people enjoy who like it..

:thumbsup: Fan Made Posters Beat Official Posters Anyday....

aceqoxim
3rd October 2015, 12:50 AM
I don't know if I'm the only female hubber here but just my two cents, I loved the movie, my little cousins loved the movie, my mum loved the movie. Vijay said he was going to do a movie with this target audience in mind and he has struck gold with it. After a long time (Priyamanavale, Sachein) a Vijay movie is going in multiple watch list for me.

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 12:58 AM
I don't know if I'm the only female hubber here but just my two cents, I loved the movie, my little cousins loved the movie, my mum loved the movie. Vijay said he was going to do a movie with this target audience in mind and he has struck gold with it. After a long time (Priyamanavale, Sachein) a Vijay movie is going in multiple watch list for me.

👍👍👍👍 hope it will reach to target audience

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 01:09 AM
Since the censor board show the wom for this movie was , its for family and kids ...seems they totally meant it and I could see it now :)..stardust you are not alone here ..you have cittu and one more female hubbers here :)..glad to see you are positive about movie :clap:

thamiz
3rd October 2015, 03:01 AM
***Though the film Puli was given a U certificate by the Censor Board, it wasn’t granted entertainment tax exemption by the state government.***

Is this true??

WHY???

thamiz
3rd October 2015, 03:08 AM
Is that because sun tv bagged the satellite rights?? :lol:

aceqoxim
3rd October 2015, 03:29 AM
Since the censor board show the wom for this movie was , its for family and kids ...seems they totally meant it and I could see it now :)..stardust you are not alone here ..you have cittu and one more female hubbers here :)..glad to see you are positive about movie :clap:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the people being harsh on the movie are mostly male Vijay fans (excluding teens and young adults, they are loving it too) Neutral audience are liking it, teens, girls and children are loving it, and it seems bizzare to me that Vijay fans are thrashing it. You've put him on a pedestal and expect him to stay there, it's really not his fault. Watch Puli for what it is, a fantasy fun ride just like any no brainer Disney movie. One thing is clear , the Kaththi hangover seems evident among men. As a woman in the early 20 bracket, I am probably seeing a whole different movie. Perspectives.

Mr.GreyShirt
3rd October 2015, 06:23 AM
Dad's review: Good movie. Not a typical Vijay movie. Families and kids will enjoy it.

I don't know who to believe...

thamiz
3rd October 2015, 06:56 AM
Dad's review: Good movie. Not a typical Vijay movie. Families and kids will enjoy it.

Professional critics and Vijay fans are not satisfied with the movie in general. General audience and children are liking it.

The problem is the budget. They say it is 110 crore or so. Entertainment tax is not waived for this movie!!

///Home » Entertainment » Puli denied tax exemption
Puli denied tax exemption
Posted in Entertainment By Ayyappa Prasad On October 2, 2015

Chennai, Oct 2(tamilnaducentral): Puli has been denied tax exemption by the screening committee of the State Government. The order was passed on September 29th.The committee denied the tax exemption as it was found to have excessive violence, no value for human rights, vulgarity and violence against woman and children. The members from the filmdom in the committee found that violence was more but felt that there was no vulgarity. Kirumi too was denied tax exemption on grounds of excessive violence.

Commercial taxes official in the committee said the film Puli was propagating superstitious belief and was against the Tamil culture. Violence was in excess and children’s neck being cut and direct shots of murder of women as well as vulgarity in song sequences.The film Puli had no place for human rights , they noted. Three members from the filmdom was yesteryear actress M N Rajam, playback singer Raghavan and Maharajan. Maharajan said the lyrics had double meaning and the shot of a 12 year girl’s head being chopped was deplorable. The other two members disagreed with the view that there was vulgarity but agreed that Puli had an overdose of violence. They also pointed out that Puli had a U censor certificate and a Tamil title. Finally on the ground of excessive violence, Puli was denied tax exemption. Earlier Payum Puli a Vishal starrer was denied tax exemption. VSOP an Arya starrer had pro-prohibition activists asking the committee to not give tax exemption as it glorified drinking and was named after a popular brandy. The committee however granted it exemption. VSOP did have an excessive dose of liquor drinking scenes in the film.

Rejection of tax means that distributor loses 30% of the revenue from the ticket sales and add to it the theatre rentals as well as payment to Qube for projection.

Papanasam the Kamal starrer was rejected by the tax committee as it showed police in bad light and parents were covering up the crime of their children. Coincidentally the TV rights is with Sun TV. Stalin’s son Udhayanidhi a producer- actor moved the courts saying that all his films were denied tax exemption on flimsy ground. Supreme Court set a time frame for the committee to take a decision after getting an application but did not frame any guidelines.////

The movie has to make at least 150 crores to recover its production cost!! Can kids and family audience help making such an amount?

Hindi media will put this movie down. Telugu media ? I am not sure. If it makes a big sum from overseas (that's quite possible), it can help a lot. Let us see!

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 07:20 AM

You can believe him :)...I really appreciate Vijay for doing this movie bcoz I'm so sure that he knew that his fans will not be so happy without mass elements in the movie but still he did it...perhaps he intentionally did it for his family audience and kids...you can surely give a try I hope you won't regret...

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 07:31 AM
VJ's Girl Fans Club
1h1 hour ago
VJ's Girl Fans Club ‏@VJ_GirlFans
How perfect does he look in every shot😍Usually girls are the eye candy but in a Vijay movie he is the eyecandy #Puli pic.twitter.com/TxjhKchOQh
Priyamanaval❤️
Priyamanaval❤️ – ‏@devaganapathy

@VJ_GirlFans #YeandiYeandi is just out of this world. 😘😍😘😍 the romantic love scenes too good,going for a 2nd time today. Loving him to bits.

Seems Vijay girl fans taking control this time :mrgreen:

Russellxom
3rd October 2015, 07:37 AM
KeralaBoxoffice ‏@KeralaBO1 Oct 1
#Puli opens to utter -ve wom in Kerala ! Less chances for survival as #EnnuNinteMoideen is just rocking allover Kerala ! Disaster on cards !

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 07:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQWoW42WsAAFjpj.jpg

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 07:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQWvBxBUYAAObHD.jpg

Mahen
3rd October 2015, 07:42 AM
Tamannaah has watched puli😀

faithiu11
3rd October 2015, 08:04 AM
http://andhraboxoffice.com/info.aspx?id=2820&cid=8&fid=3215
Puli pre business...

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 08:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQXAGgRWEAA2dcg.jpg

faithiu11
3rd October 2015, 08:08 AM
http://www.tamilboxoffice1.com/2015/09/puli-pre-business-report.html?m=1
Area wise break up puli pre business

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 08:45 AM
Please any one tell me is puli telgu released or not

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:43 AM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1
#Puli France Day1 Screened only in one theatre Entries : 1209 Collection : €17,736 Biggest Opening of 2015

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:45 AM
Puli Day1 TN 'Nett' Collections
Puli TN Day1 Collections
Territory Net
Chennai+Chengalpet Rs 2.53Cr
Coimbatore Rs 1.57Cr
Madurai Rs 1.30Cr
North & South Arcot Rs 1.09Cr
TT Rs 1.07Cr
Salem Rs 1.01Cr
TK Rs 0.70Cr
Tamil Nadu Total
Rs 9.27Cr
*. Biggest Opening of 2015 & 2nd Biggest Opening in Vijay's Career
http://www.tamilboxoffice1.com/2015/10/puli-day1-tn-collections.html

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 10:45 AM
Good sensible one

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:46 AM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1
#Puli Salem Area Day1 Nett : 1.01Cr TK Area Day1 Nett : 0.7Cr Both Biggest Opening this year .

mdsherin
BIGGEST OPENER OF 2015(Tamil Version only).

2nd Best After 'I' (Tamil+ Telugu)

NOTE : PULI DIDN'T PLAYED SPL SHOWS UNLIKE OTHER BIGGIES

mdsherin
http://andhraboxoffice.com/uploads/films/puli-oct1-1stday-total-colls.jpg

Kumaran.P
Prakash Upadhyaya
@prakashkl (IB Times writer)
#Puli has done well in #Bengaluru. It has approx. earned 2.1 crore on the opening day. #Vijay #Sudeep

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:47 AM
Kornerseat
@Kornerseat
2015 TN Day1 Nett Collection #Puli: 9.27Cr #YennaiArindhaal: 8.50Cr #I: 8.00Cr..

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:47 AM
Ram Muthuram Cinemas
@RamCinemas
Internet reviews has nothing to do with #Puli Going strong as first day !! Especially Family Audience crowd

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 10:48 AM
Kornerseat
@Kornerseat
2015 TN Day1 Nett Collection #Puli: 9.27Cr #YennaiArindhaal: 8.50Cr #I: 8.00Cr..

Despite no Special shows :smokesmirk:

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:49 AM
Malayalam Review
@MalayalamReview
#Puli Takes Excellent Opening In Kerala First Day Kerala Gross 1.85cr With -ve Wom Yesterday EKM City- All Night Shows are Housefull

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:49 AM
Looks like negative reviews no longer play any impact on Vijay's BO pull!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:50 AM
Despite no Special shows :smokesmirk:

no morning shows too in many theaters..

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 10:51 AM
i think second day collection will be more

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:51 AM
Ajay Verma
@uktamilbo
#Puli- initial reviews haven't been great, but the UK has always been #Vijay's forte. Today, tomorrow and Sunday will certainly be huge.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:52 AM
Ajay Verma
@uktamilbo
#Puli- many smaller locations in the UK have added extra shows starting today due to demand. And those extra shows are selling out fast.

Kumaran.P
ATMUS Entertainment
@ATMUSent :
#Puli- new screen added in Fremont - first film to open in brand new luxury theater Cine Grand in Fremont (old Big Cinemas Fremont loc)

Nawaaz
Excellent one. Exactly my thoughts

சினிமா எழுத்தாளர் டான் அசோக் விமர்சனம் ...

சினிமாவுக்கு எழுத ஆரம்பித்த பிறகு சினிமா விமர்சனங்கள் எழுதுவதை முற்றிலும் தவிர்த்துவிட்டேன். இருப்பினும் 'புலி' பற்றி எழுதாமல் இருக்க முடியவில்லை.

வெளிநாடுகளில் சமூக வலைதளங்கள் ஆரோக்கியமான விஷயங்களுக்கு பயன்பட்டுக் கொண்டிருக்கையில் இந்தியாவில் மட்டும் இரண்டே இரண்டு உருப்படாத விஷயங்களுக்குதான் பிரதானமாக பயன்படுகிறது.
1)பொய்களையும், வதந்திகளையும் செய்திகள் போல பரப்புவது.
2)கேலி செய்வது.

முதல்விஷயத்தை இப்போதைக்கு விடுங்கள். இரண்டாவது விஷயமான 'கேலி செய்வது' என்பது ஒரு மனநோயைப் போலவே தமிழ்ச்சமூகத்தில் பரவி இருக்கிறது. எதையும், எல்லோரையும் கேலி செய்வது என்பதில் நம் மக்கள் உறுதியாக இருக்கிறார்கள். என்ன விஷயம் நடந்தாலும் உடனே ஒரு MIME உடனே ஒரு TROLL!! அதில் உண்மை இருக்கிறதா இல்லையா என்பதைப் பற்றியெல்லாம் துளியும் கவலை கிடையாது. நமக்கு உருட்ட ஒரு தலை வேண்டும். அது விஜயகாந்தோ, விஜய்யோ, ஸ்டாலினோ, அஜீத்தோ. (ஜெயலலிதா இதில் சேரமாட்டார். ஏனெனில் வீரம் விளையும் இனமல்லவா, அதனால் அவதூறு வழக்கு போடாத ஆபத்தில்லாத தலைகளை தான் உருட்டுவார்கள்.)

புலி திரைப்படத்தின் முதல் அரைமணி நேரம் பாடாவதி தான். அதிலும் நகைச்சுவை எல்லாம் எரிச்சல் ரகம். ஆனால்...
புலி ஒரு ஃபாண்டசி படம். அதில் ஸ்ரீதேவி போத்தீஸ் பட்டுப்புடவை கட்டிக்கொண்டு நடிக்க மாட்டார் என்பதையும், இயல்புக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட காட்சிகள்தான் இருக்கும் என்பதையும் புரிந்துகொள்ள சராசரியாக சினிமா பற்றிய அறிவு இருந்தாலே போதும். புலியை பக்கம் பக்கமாக ஓட்டுகின்றவர்கள் அப்படி என்னதான் எதிர்பார்த்து போய் புலி படத்தில் உட்கார்ந்தார்கள் என்பது சத்தியமாக எனக்குப் புரியவில்லை. பாகுபலியை புலியில் எதிர்பார்த்தால் எதிர்பார்ப்பில் தான் தவறு. பாகுபலி கூட சரித்திரப் படத்துக்கும், ஃபாண்டசி படத்துக்கும் இடையில் தத்தளித்த படம். ஆனால் புலி மிகத் தெளிவான 'ஃபாண்டசி' திரைப்படம். ஸ்ரீதேவி தனக்கு கொடுக்கப்பட்ட கதாப்பாத்திரத்தில் பின்னி எடுத்திருக்கிறார். இதையே ஒரு ஹாலிவுட் படத்தில் சார்லிஸ் தெரானோ, காமரூன் டயாஸோ செய்திருந்தால் வாயை மூடிக்கொண்டு பார்த்திருப்போம். தமிழ்நாட்டில் செய்யப்பட்டவுடன் பொட்டியை எடுத்துக்கொண்டு கேலி செய்ய கிளம்பிவிட்டார்கள். வழக்கமான படங்களிலேயே நடித்தால், "ஒரே மாதிரி நடிக்கிறான்யா," என கிண்டல் செய்ய வேண்டியது. புதிதாக எதையாவது செய்தால் "இவனுக்கு எதுக்கு இந்த வேலை?" என கிளம்ப வேண்டியது.

ஒரு ஃபாண்டசி படத்தில் என்ன எதிர்பார்க்க வேண்டுமோ அதை எதிர்பார்க்க வேண்டும். ஆரியபவனில் போய் எனக்கு கோலா உருண்டைதான் வேண்டும் எனக் கேட்டால் அது ஆரியபவனின் குற்றமல்ல, கேட்பவனின் குற்றம். ஸ்ரீதேவி சிரிப்பது பயமாக இருக்கிறதாம். ஒரு ஃபாண்டசி படத்தில் வரும் வில்லி மகராணி வேறு எப்படி சிரிப்பார்? விமர்சனம் எழுதுகின்றவர்களைப் பிடித்து சிரித்துக்காட்டச் சொல்லவேண்டும். கை இருக்கிறது என்பதற்காக என்ன வேண்டுமானாலும் எழுதலாமா? ஒரு நல்ல முயற்சி அநியாயமாக இப்படி கேலி செய்யப்படுவதால் அடுத்த பல ஆண்டுகளுக்கு ஃபாண்டசி என்கிற ஜானர் பக்கமே யாரும் போக மாட்டார்கள்.

"ஒழுங்காக படம் எடு," எனச் சொல்ல காசு கொடுத்து படம் பார்க்கும் எல்லோருக்கும் எவ்வளவு உரிமை இருக்கிறதோ, அதே போல, "படம் பார்க்க முதலில் கற்றுக்கொள்," என புலி படத்தை கிண்டலடிப்பவர்களைப் பார்த்துச் சொல்லும் உரிமை சிம்புதேவனுக்கு கண்டிப்பாக இருக்கிறது. நானும் அதையேதான் சொல்கிறான். தயவுசெய்து முதலில் படம் பார்க்க கற்றுக்கொள்ளுங்கள். சமூக வலைதளங்களில் புரளிகளையும், பொய்களையும், கேலிகளையும், கிண்டல்களையும் ஆட்டுமந்தைகளைப் போலப் பரப்பாதீர்கள். சுயமாக சிந்தியுங்கள். படம் பார்ப்பதற்காக தியேட்டருக்குப் போங்கள், ஆடுகளுடன் சேர்ந்து ஆடாக மாறி கிண்டல் செய்வதற்காகவே போகாதீர்கள்.

புலி ஒரு 100% பெர்ஃபெக்டான படம் கிடையாதுதான். ஆனால் தியேட்டரில் உட்காரவே முடியவில்லை, சுறாவை விட மோசம், சிம்புதேவன் விஜய்யை ஏமாற்றிவிட்டார் என்பதெல்லாம் பச்சையாக, கேலி செய்ய வேண்டும் என்ற நோக்கத்தில் மட்டுமே படம் பார்ப்பவர்கள் கிளப்பி விடும் பொய்கள். பலர் படம் பார்க்காமலேயே அந்த கும்பலோடு கோவிந்தா போடுவதுதான் இன்னும் பரிதாபம். இன்னும் சிலரோ படம் பிடித்திருந்தாலும், "நம்ம மட்டும் எதுக்கு தனியா பேசிகிட்டு," என நினைத்து ஆட்டுமந்தை கும்பலில் இரண்டறக் கலந்துவிட்டார்கள். குழந்தைகள் புலியை மிகவும் ரசித்துப் பார்க்கிறார்கள் என்பதுதான் திரையரங்குகளில் நடந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் நிஜம். அந்த வகையில் சிம்புதேவனும், விஜய்யும் ஜெயித்திருக்கிறார்கள்.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:53 AM
Sujith
@Sujith_Spy :
#Puli- Day 2 reports > Day 1 reports Family audience are the thrust behind and will hopefully go strong for the next two days :)

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:53 AM
Movie Review: #Puli Rating: ������ Vijay, Sridevi make it worth it! http://skjbollywoodnews.com/2015/10/puli-review-vijay-sridevi-make-it-worth-it/4137583.html

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:54 AM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac
#Puli Day 2 figure also bound to be bigg .. Oct 2 holiday, all the curiosity surrounding it and of course #Vijay's big general audience base

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:55 AM
Telugu #తెలుగుసినిమా
@TeluguFilmBuzz
#Puli has reported house fulls this evening & night shows in most of the centers in AP & Nizam. Superb start at boxoffice. #Trade #Oct2nd!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:55 AM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac
723 screens showcasing #Puli in the North of India -> Hindi mainly and also the Tamil version in major cities..

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:56 AM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac
#Puli Day 1 gross in Kerala from 170 screens is 1.9 crores .. #Kaththi also had a comparable Day 1 Kerala gross ..

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:56 AM
Kaushik LM
@Lmkmoviemaniac
#Puli- 2nd highest TN opener ever for #Vijay after #Kaththi.. If mrng spl shows had then there, it wud've become his highest. Figure soon!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:57 AM
Good Opening for Puli in Telugu despite delayed release http://www.idlebrain.com/news/today/goodopeningforpuli.html

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:58 AM
ABO™|AndhraBoxOffice
@AndhraBoxOffice
#PULI superb opening All over South in all areas.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:59 AM
Tamannaah Bhatia
@tamannaahspeaks
Jst saw #Puli @shrutihaasan u look soooooo pretty congratulations!!! lots of love

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:00 AM
In-spite of Late Release On Day 1 , #Puli emerged as Biggest Opening of the year & 2nd Biggest Opening for Vijay http://tollyrevenue.com/2015/10/kollywood-1st-day-top-15-grkollywood-1st-day-top-15-openers-ssers-tamilnadu/

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:01 AM
TAMILNADU CINEMAStpr
@TamilnaduCinmas
#Puli #DolbyAtmos has made a huge difference in our collections - #Puli likely to our one of the best ONE WEEEK opener

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:02 AM
Mohan Raman
@actormohanraman
#Puli- saw the film. Full fantasy. Great visuals and EFX, mass show by Vijay. Good comedy. First half slow but picks up. Nice time pass.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:03 AM
Baba Cinemas
@babacinemastdx(Coimbatore):
Beyond any kinda reviews, Friday 1st 3 shows Housefull. Picked up for Kids and Families.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:04 AM
N.Nataraja Subramani
@natty_nataraj
Thank you so much friends for the appreciation of PULI's cinematography....love u all...:)))

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:08 AM
Red revolution continues for 3rd day. 70 shows housefull in Sathyam Cinemas! https://pbs-0.twimg.com/media/CQXiVGEUAAEWgrP.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:09 AM
Puli Movie Sirappu Kannottam - Gandhi Jayanthi Special https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0rwadJKVQ

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 11:09 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/puli-public-review-tamil-videos-62219.html

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:11 AM
#Puli Ceded day1 gross 24 lakhs (FOR 2 SHOWS ONLY)

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:15 AM
We dont need ARM or Festival release to give a biggest opening of the year. Vijay has proved now strongly!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:16 AM
Fab Flickz:
In Spite of some Normal reviews all over, Theatre counts and no. of shows increased in Salem,Coimbatore and Chennai city which shows the star-power ! ‪#‎ ilayathalapathy ‪#‎ Puli‬| Get ready for the Worldwide Box Office Collections very soon

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 11:17 AM
We dont need ARM or Festival release to give a biggest opening of the year. Vijay has proved now strongly!

That Shows our thalapathy Power. Hope the collection will continue and families will make the film Super Hit

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:21 AM
Press Release: Excellent Openings For #Puli- SVR Media PLtd (TS & AP Distributor)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQUxkrxUsAA4f5d.png

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:23 AM
http://andhraboxoffice.com/uploads/films/puli-oct1-1stday-total-colls.jpg

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 11:23 AM
Lingusamy - 'Vijay should do more films like ‪#‎Puli‬'
“Lingusamy called up producer PT Selvakumar and director Chimbudevan after watching the film and congratulated for making a family entertainer. Vijay should do more films like this to satisfy kids apart from acting in projects which appeal his fans" ‪#‎PressRelease‬

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:24 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQXgp_hUsAAk-UR.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQXDzFwUkAAppn-.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:26 AM
Aandavar and Thalaivar fans banner for Puli https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQMew1KUAAAY0iM.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:29 AM
(Funny) Reason Behind #Puli Tax Exemption Rejection https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQXTOZeWoAAbkH6.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:30 AM
Noriko Inagaki(むんむん)@munmun_t(Japan Vijay Fan)
@VijayCenaOrton Thanks info. I will watch Puli day after tomorrow in Japan (only one show...) with my small son. I am waiting!!!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:31 AM
Puli review Maalaimalar
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQVEDj6UYAEhi8L.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:33 AM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice11
Over 40 shows daily from today in Greater Toronto Area in Canada...Collections are expected take a huge jump over the weekend!!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:35 AM
sg-cafe @media_sgcafe
#Puli massive 86 shows a day in Singapore. Showtimes for 3 Oct (Sat). https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQUMQ9HU8AU30uo.jpg:large

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 11:36 AM
sg-cafe @media_sgcafe
#Puli massive 86 shows a day in Singapore. Showtimes for 3 Oct (Sat). https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQUMQ9HU8AU30uo.jpg:large

Good work ... Kumaran.. Post some more good news.:smile2:

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQUsZkjVAAEzKQX.jpg:large http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/38089/cinema/Kollywood/Social-medias-are-becoming-enemy-to-cinema.htm

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:45 AM
sg-cafe @media_sgcafe
#Puli massive 86 shows a day in Singapore. Showtimes for 3 Oct (Sat). https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQUMQ9HU8AU30uo.jpg:large sg-cafe
@media_sgcafe :
1 more screen / location added for #Puli today in Singapore, making it a total of 26 screens. +4 more shows = 90 shows

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:46 AM
#Puli(Telugu) at Devi 70MM, RTC X Roads, Hyderabad ! Morning Show (03/10/15) - ₹ 70,152/- (HOUSE FULL) * EXTRAORDINARY OPENINGS *

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 11:46 AM
ABO™|AndhraBoxOffice
@AndhraBoxOffice
#Puli Noon shows are Good across AP/N today. The film Released with Evening shows Yesterday.

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 12:03 PM
Fate of movie is changing after day1 fans shows :lol: First time in history of tamil cinema, fans giving -ve review and movie started doing well with help of family audience.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 12:06 PM
Puli 2nd Day Collection: 1st Friday Box Office; Grossed Enough
The latest movie of Puli has already hit the Indian BO with a bang as it got a flying start. It faced some serious problems at the last moment, but still performed very well on the opening day.

This Tamil movie was very well received at the worldwide box offices, but some of the morning shows got cancelled due to financial issues. Despite those issues, the film got excellent occupancy rate across the South India.

The official figures state that Puli collections on its opening day were a total of Rs. 10.75 crore. Thus, it fell short of beating Vijaya’s Kaththi record. It garnered over Rs. 12.5 crore on its first day.

The film is faring very well in areas like Chennai, Karnataka, and Kerala. Speaking of India, then, it collected over Rs. 14 crore. While in the rest of the world, Puli was released on about 450 screens and doing good business in the US, UK, and Malaysia.
check: Shivam first Day Collections.
On Oct. 1, only its Tamil version was released and this costed the makers a huge amount of money. However, the Hindi and Telugu versions released on Friday.
Puli opened with amid mixed reviews from the audiences as well as the critics. The Weak screenplay was criticized while the performances of lead actors and visuals were appreciated. It will need to perform better in the first week to recover all the money.
Puli 2nd day collection – Rs. 25 crore [early estimate]{worldwide}
http://www.thereportertimes.com/puli-2nd-day-collection-1st-friday-box-office-grossed-enough/7523/

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 12:08 PM
sridevi sreedhar
@srikutty45 :
@SKTstudio @actorvijay #Puli is doing phenomenal business at box office :) Thanks to holiday season.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 12:30 PM
House Full Board At RTC X Roads Devi Theatre #Puli #Telugu https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQX51XmVEAAsYhA.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 12:31 PM
Kids Carnival!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQX8JHqU8AAYmbz.jpg

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 12:32 PM
-self delete-

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 12:34 PM
Telugu #తెలుగుసినిమా
@TeluguFilmBuzz
#Puli day2 starts on strong note, whereas #Shivam drops !!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 12:41 PM
TR™ | #RudramaDevi
@TollyRevenue
#Puli Telugu Performing very good & Released yesterday from 1st shows still managing excellent collections

mareen
3rd October 2015, 12:45 PM
Watched last night. Went to cinema expecting a utter flop so the movie exceeded my expectations. Surprisingly my family said its watchable. During interval all kids were phrasinh the movie so there is some hope for lenghty run here in uk.

Coming to the movie, i felt first half was very slow and had some unecessary scenes - some of the comedy scenes did not work at all. The journey to vedhalam castle could have come much earlier in the movie.

Flashback vijay was not needed at all. Murdering sister and adopted family should have been enough for a revenge set up of second half and it feels like they pushed the boat too much.

+ vijays guts
+ sridevi
+ cg

- out of place songs
- 1st half comedy scenes
- slow first half
- shruthi and vijay voice modulation

Overall, watchable for daring attempt. 2.75/5

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 01:30 PM
Vijay’s Puli takes phenomenal opening!
Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli has taken phenomenal opening at the worldwide box office.
Despite the last minute delay and cancellation of early morning shows and premieres, the film has definitely proved the star power and huge fan base of the actor.
In Tamil Nadu, the film has grossed nearly 10 crs on day one and we also hear, that the film has sustained well on the second day, thanks to Gandhi Jayanti (holiday).
In Kerala, the film has collected 1.75 crs on day one while it has grossed a phenomenal 2.10 crs in Karnataka. Altogether,Pulihas grossed more than 15 crs in India while the estimated worldwide gross is around 19.5 crs.
As the film has garnered mixed reviews, one should wait and see how it fares well in coming days. http://www.sify.com/movies/vijay%E2%80%99s-puli-takes-phenomenal-opening-news-tamil-pkdnnSebfgfbi.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd October 2015, 02:09 PM
Many positive revs about BO

https://twitter.com/Sricalifornia/with_replies

balakumar86
3rd October 2015, 02:23 PM
Is it only me? Or does anyone else also feel that Vijay's voice sounded like he was looing while he dubbed for the movie? Throughout the movie, it sounded the same.

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 02:27 PM
Yeah its only you who can think about doing something while looing. You have got a special talent

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 02:37 PM
Ayngaran France
@AyngaranFrance
Puli is also the Best second Day in France in 2015 with 1426 entries for 19555€.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 02:38 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1:
#Puli takes Good Opening in Karnataka Day1 'Nett' : 1.75Cr 2015 Top Day1 #I-1.9Cr #Puli-1.75Cr #Masss-1.12Cr #YennaiArindhaal-1.04Cr

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 02:44 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com
@TamilBoxOffice1 :
#Puli France Day2 Entries : 1426 Total Entries : 2635 Total Collection : €37,291 Biggest Day 1 & Day2 Collection of 2015
p.s-40 screens releasing from sunday!

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 02:48 PM
Puli review by Bosskey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpSqAs-JIVo

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 02:50 PM
TAMILNADU CINEMAStpr
@TamilnaduCinmas:
#Puli- going string with HOUSEFULSSSS @TamilnaduCinmas, Tirupur...Thx @actorvijay..For online net-bookings tamilnaducinemas.com

Dammy R
3rd October 2015, 02:56 PM
Kumaran.... Thanks for all the updates bro. You are one person who tirelessly posts about Vijay in his threads. The best thing about you is that I've never seen you go and post crap or provocative posts in any other actors thread unnecessarily. Not sure if you've been told this already by anyone else, but just wanted to thank you as a genuine Vijay fan.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 03:01 PM
Kumaran.... Thanks for all the updates bro. You are one person who tirelessly posts about Vijay in his threads. The best thing about you is that I've never seen you go and post crap or provocative posts in any other actors thread unnecessarily. Not sure if you've been told this already by anyone else, but just wanted to thank you as a genuine Vijay fan.

We have so many things to talk/update about Vijay bro..so we dont have to go and provoke other actor in other threads bro.. and thanks a ton for your compliment bro :)

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 03:21 PM
Perth Tamil Movies
@PerthTamilMovie
#Puli despite mixed reviews decent BO @Australia. #Vijay Star power!

maniram_1234
3rd October 2015, 03:44 PM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/38089/cinema/Kollywood/Social-medias-are-becoming-enemy-to-cinema.htm?device=fb
serupadi

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 03:45 PM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/38089/cinema/Kollywood/Social-medias-are-becoming-enemy-to-cinema.htm?device=fb
serupadi

Pls translate

maniram_1234
3rd October 2015, 04:02 PM
சினிமாவுக்கு எழுத ஆரம்பித்த பிறகு சினிமா விமர்சனங்கள் எழுதுவதை முற்றிலும் தவிர்த்துவிட்டேன். இருப்பினும் 'புலி' பற்றி எழுதாமல் இருக்க முடியவில்லை.
வெளிநாடுகளில் சமூக வலைதளங்கள் ஆரோக்கியமான விஷயங்களுக்கு பயன்பட்டுக் கொண்டிருக்கையில் இந்தியாவில் மட்டும் இரண்டே இரண்டு உருப்படாத விஷயங்களுக்குதான் பிரதானமாக பயன்படுகிறது.
1)பொய்களையும், வதந்திகளையும் செய்திகள் போல பரப்புவது.
2)கேலி செய்வது.
முதல்விஷயத்தை இப்போதைக்கு விடுங்கள். இரண்டாவது விஷயமான 'கேலி செய்வது' என்பது ஒரு மனநோயைப் போலவே தமிழ்ச்சமூகத்தில் பரவி இருக்கிறது. எதையும், எல்லோரையும் கேலி செய்வது என்பதில் நம் மக்கள் உறுதியாக இருக்கிறார்கள். என்ன விஷயம் நடந்தாலும் உடனே ஒரு mime உடனே ஒரு troll!! அதில் உண்மை இருக்கிறதா இல்லையா என்பதைப் பற்றியெல்லாம் துளியும் கவலை கிடையாது. நமக்கு உருட்ட ஒரு தலை வேண்டும். அது விஜயகாந்தோ, விஜய்யோ, ஸ்டாலினோ, அஜீத்தோ. (ஜெயலலிதா இதில் சேரமாட்டார். ஏனெனில் வீரம் விளையும் இனமல்லவா, அதனால் அவதூறு வழக்கு போடாத ஆபத்தில்லாத தலைகளை தான் உருட்டுவார்கள்.)
புலி திரைப்படத்தின் முதல் அரைமணி நேரம் பாடாவதி தான். அதிலும் நகைச்சுவை எல்லாம் எரிச்சல் ரகம். ஆனால்...
புலி ஒரு ஃபாண்டசி படம். அதில் ஸ்ரீதேவி போத்தீஸ் பட்டுப்புடவை கட்டிக்கொண்டு நடிக்க மாட்டார் என்பதையும், இயல்புக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட காட்சிகள்தான் இருக்கும் என்பதையும் புரிந்துகொள்ள சராசரியாக சினிமா பற்றிய அறிவு இருந்தாலே போதும். புலியை பக்கம் பக்கமாக ஓட்டுகின்றவர்கள் அப்படி என்னதான் எதிர்பார்த்து போய் புலி படத்தில் உட்கார்ந்தார்கள் என்பது சத்தியமாக எனக்குப் புரியவில்லை. பாகுபலியை புலியில் எதிர்பார்த்தால் எதிர்பார்ப்பில் தான் தவறு. பாகுபலி கூட சரித்திரப் படத்துக்கும், ஃபாண்டசி படத்துக்கும் இடையில் தத்தளித்த படம். ஆனால் புலி மிகத் தெளிவான 'ஃபாண்டசி' திரைப்படம். ஸ்ரீதேவி தனக்கு கொடுக்கப்பட்ட கதாப்பாத்திரத்தில் பின்னி எடுத்திருக்கிறார். இதையே ஒரு ஹாலிவுட் படத்தில் சார்லிஸ் தெரானோ, காமரூன் டயாஸோ செய்திருந்தால் வாயை மூடிக்கொண்டு பார்த்திருப்போம். தமிழ்நாட்டில் செய்யப்பட்டவுடன் பொட்டியை எடுத்துக்கொண்டு கேலி செய்ய கிளம்பிவிட்டார்கள். வழக்கமான படங்களிலேயே நடித்தால், "ஒரே மாதிரி நடிக்கிறான்யா," என கிண்டல் செய்ய வேண்டியது. புதிதாக எதையாவது செய்தால் "இவனுக்கு எதுக்கு இந்த வேலை?" என கிளம்ப வேண்டியது.
ஒரு ஃபாண்டசி படத்தில் என்ன எதிர்பார்க்க வேண்டுமோ அதை எதிர்பார்க்க வேண்டும். ஆரியபவனில் போய் எனக்கு கோலா உருண்டைதான் வேண்டும் எனக் கேட்டால் அது ஆரியபவனின் குற்றமல்ல, கேட்பவனின் குற்றம். ஸ்ரீதேவி சிரிப்பது பயமாக இருக்கிறதாம். ஒரு ஃபாண்டசி படத்தில் வரும் வில்லி மகராணி வேறு எப்படி சிரிப்பார்? விமர்சனம் எழுதுகின்றவர்களைப் பிடித்து சிரித்துக்காட்டச் சொல்லவேண்டும். கை இருக்கிறது என்பதற்காக என்ன வேண்டுமானாலும் எழுதலாமா? ஒரு நல்ல முயற்சி அநியாயமாக இப்படி கேலி செய்யப்படுவதால் அடுத்த பல ஆண்டுகளுக்கு ஃபாண்டசி என்கிற ஜானர் பக்கமே யாரும் போக மாட்டார்கள்.
"ஒழுங்காக படம் எடு," எனச் சொல்ல காசு கொடுத்து படம் பார்க்கும் எல்லோருக்கும் எவ்வளவு உரிமை இருக்கிறதோ, அதே போல, "படம் பார்க்க முதலில் கற்றுக்கொள்," என புலி படத்தை கிண்டலடிப்பவர்களைப் பார்த்துச் சொல்லும் உரிமை சிம்புதேவனுக்கு கண்டிப்பாக இருக்கிறது. நானும் அதையேதான் சொல்கிறான். தயவுசெய்து முதலில் படம் பார்க்க கற்றுக்கொள்ளுங்கள். சமூக வலைதளங்களில் புரளிகளையும், பொய்களையும், கேலிகளையும், கிண்டல்களையும் ஆட்டுமந்தைகளைப் போலப் பரப்பாதீர்கள். சுயமாக சிந்தியுங்கள். படம் பார்ப்பதற்காக தியேட்டருக்குப் போங்கள், ஆடுகளுடன் சேர்ந்து ஆடாக மாறி கிண்டல் செய்வதற்காகவே போகாதீர்கள்.
புலி ஒரு 100% பெர்ஃபெக்டான படம் கிடையாதுதான். ஆனால் தியேட்டரில் உட்காரவே முடியவில்லை, சுறாவை விட மோசம், சிம்புதேவன் விஜய்யை ஏமாற்றிவிட்டார் என்பதெல்லாம் பச்சையாக, கேலி செய்ய வேண்டும் என்ற நோக்கத்தில் மட்டுமே படம் பார்ப்பவர்கள் கிளப்பி விடும் பொய்கள். பலர் படம் பார்க்காமலேயே அந்த கும்பலோடு கோவிந்தா போடுவதுதான் இன்னும் பரிதாபம். இன்னும் சிலரோ படம் பிடித்திருந்தாலும், "நம்ம மட்டும் எதுக்கு தனியா பேசிகிட்டு," என நினைத்து ஆட்டுமந்தை கும்பலில் இரண்டறக் கலந்துவிட்டார்கள். குழந்தைகள் புலியை மிகவும் ரசித்துப் பார்க்கிறார்கள் என்பதுதான் திரையரங்குகளில் நடந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் நிஜம். அந்த வகையில் சிம்புதேவனும், விஜய்யும் ஜெயித்திருக்கிறார்கள்.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 04:57 PM
Puli 2 Days Gross in TN - 28 cr. Day2>Day1 #Malaimalar Article :smokesmirk:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQY2GUXVEAIb4WH.jpg:large

interz
3rd October 2015, 05:07 PM
Puli - OK movie

I told my self before watching the movie, I wouldnt read any news or reviews about this movie, but the controversy just before the release made me read anything about Puli. The movie it self isnt bad overall. I think movie would have been even better without the songs. The story is very simple, even if you miss a scene you wouldnt have missed much. I am not sure if the movie is meant for kids (kullans, turtle, cyclop, fairytale kinda story )or die hard fans of Vijay (punch dialogues, fights, slowmo entry, vijays top notch dance, Vijay and Shruthi Haasans "Yendi Yendi. There are both elements in the movie. That is where Chimbudevan screwed up IMO.

Best part about the movie has to be:Vijay, CGI&VFX (awards guaranteed). Nattys cinematography. Sridevi (even with the scenes including the heroines she looks best). Thambi Ramaiyaah.

Worst part of the movie: Too much navel and glamour, I dont mind glamour usually, but in this movie it looks too artificial. Songs (Yendi Yendi is the only exception) and BGM. Sometimes the BGM is too loud to hear what they are saying. Furthermore DSP keeps repeating same BGM throughout the movie. The political dialogue in climax was unnecessary. Double meaning dialogues. Waste of female comedians like Madhumitha, Vidyulekha raman.

Instead of watching this as a Vijay fan, watch it like a fairy tale fan, ull like it. I will watch this movie again this weekend. Already booked tickets for Sunday show in Denmark, just a little far away.

CEDYBLUE
3rd October 2015, 05:20 PM
Liked Puli :)
Couldn't understand the negativity around the movie.
Will post a detailed review later tonight.
As always Vijay was a delight.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 05:52 PM
Vijay intro response. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDszk6FEkPo

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 05:55 PM
Vijay Intro response at Trichy theater.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qxx62gZTr0

cittu
3rd October 2015, 06:22 PM
Watched the movie, love it. So refreshing to watch Vj in this genre and getup, very handsome , charming and look younger for his age. Love him so much for choose this genre as , happy to watch him in these type of costumes.

Shruthi like angel, costume nice , suite for this type of genre in my opinion. Sridevi, Hansika , Sudeep fine. Story very simple, ok for a fantacy adventure genre, brave attempt i would say. The fantacy characters are nice, like them very much.

Few double meaning dialouges , Vijay voice modulation which are the complaints.

Over all like the movie and very happy. After almost 1 year, i got my thalapathy tharisanam.

etuhubei
3rd October 2015, 06:26 PM
தமிழ் சினிமாவில் Genre என்று பார்க்கும்போது Love,Action,Thriller நு இதுக்குல்லையே முக்கால்வாசி படங்கள் அடங்கிரும். அதை தாண்டி பார்த்தா மிக சில Genre அளவில மட்டுமே தமிழில் முயற்சி செய்து இருக்கோம். அதில் இந்த Fantasy Genre எடுக்கப்பட்ட படங்கள் மிக குறைவு. அந்த வகையில் சிம்புதேவன் இந்த Genre அவரோட கோட்டைன்னு கூட சொல்லலாம். அந்த அளவிற்கு அவரோட ஒவ்வொரு படமும் இதன் உள்ளே அடங்கும்.
ஆனால் இவரது பெரிய பிரச்சனை பட்ஜெட். கொடுத்த காசுக்கு மேல தரமான visual கொடுக்க முடிஞ்சாலும், இரண்டாம் தர நடிகர்களையே தொடர்ந்து நடிச்சனால, இவரோட சில நல்ல படங்கள் கூட எடுபடாம போனது. இப்போ எல்லாத்துக்கும் சேத்து வெச்ச மாறி விஜய் போன்ற பெரிய ஸ்டார் value இணையும் பொது இவர் கேட்கும் பட்ஜெட் சுலபமா கிடைக்கும்.
அதை சரியா உபயோகபடுத்தினாரனு பார்க்கலாம்.

http://www.tamilmoviecritic.com/movie/puli-movie-review

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 06:52 PM
MuRuGaRaMu ThEaTrE @murugaramu_kkl
Bad reviews -no problem . Live from KKL #puli
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQY2gMfUwAEK6jh.jpg:large

cittu
3rd October 2015, 07:09 PM
But intha movie ah Suraa part 2 nnu sonnathuthan ennala ethukkave mudila.

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 07:30 PM
They were expecting a lot is all I can say

arulraj
3rd October 2015, 07:36 PM
One more BB for thalaivar....:smokesmirk:

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 07:37 PM
Salem ARRS multiplex crowd for Puli! https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12122455_472163909575136_400353358308092576_n.jpg? efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=66e7ddcd3ec35cfc5926baf683a13e82&oe=5690C58A

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 07:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQY81ylUEAAyuK2.jpg

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 07:38 PM
But intha movie ah Suraa part 2 nnu sonnathuthan ennala ethukkave mudila.

Correct. Its a different attempt from our thalapathy

mdsherin
3rd October 2015, 07:39 PM
One more BB for thalaivar....:smokesmirk:

Iam happy if its get hit tag

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 07:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZeeMxUAAASDWv.jpg
http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions1/successmeet-puli.html

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 07:44 PM
Press Release from Telugu Distributor : With Good Talk, Distributors Planning to Increase Theatres. Theatres Will be increased for #Puli in 1-2 Days - C. Shobha

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 07:44 PM
After #Dasavatharam & #Thuppakki #Puli is Biggest Blockbusters From Our Banner - CJ Shobha (SVR Media (P) Ltd)

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 07:45 PM
Blockbuster Talk, Great Applause Coming for Sridevi Mindblowing Acting & Vijay Outstanding Performance - C. Shobha

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 08:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZpA5RUkAANLvh.jpg

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 08:47 PM
"Happy with the response for #Puli Telugu version from Public in AP/TG .."
- SVR Media

#MassiveCrowdPullerVIJAY

Nawaaz
3rd October 2015, 08:58 PM
What a energy in puli puli song :notworthy: it was my least fav song but after seeing it I just loved it..only Vijay can make even average song look good :clap:

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 08:58 PM
Saturday night show https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZv4fBUEAE_IbE.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 09:31 PM
Record 75 screens for #Puli in CBE area.Opened with 70+ Theatres.5 added later https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZ2tH4UwAAnIpT.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 09:36 PM
Babu Cinemas today Evening!! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZLjcQUYAA8FrO.jpg

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 09:37 PM
Night show # puli #Karaikal #full https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQZ5JlvUkAA_LcQ.jpg

GSV
3rd October 2015, 09:53 PM
Kumaran and Nawaaz... Thanks for all the updates [emoji122] [emoji122]

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2015, 10:05 PM
#Puli gets terrific openings & received great response from the audience - Telugu Producer Shobha Rani (SVR Media) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlkQbhg6T2U