PDA

View Full Version : UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

maniram_1234
4th July 2015, 11:07 AM
all shows are almost houseful today (Only from 11:30 shows are shown now) in Mayajaal, SPI Cinemas, AGS etc... thaaru maaru booking across..

first week house ful agarathu vishayame ila oru legend heroku
looking for continuous run with family audience for more weeks to get blockbuster tag

PG2010
4th July 2015, 11:11 AM
4 / 5

The Tamil edition is longer by about 15 minutes than Drishyam, but its 180 minutes do not really weigh on us. For the performances in Papanasam, even those of the daughters, Esther Anil (as Meena) and Thomas, are polished, and the directorial touch of Joseph is seamless. The story and script are his as well.

A must watch

http://m.hindustantimes.com/movie-reviews/papanasam-review-kamal-haasan-s-back-as-we-once-knew-him/article1-1365509.aspx

dell_gt
4th July 2015, 12:20 PM

Wow. No. 1 in Bangalore in Bookmyshow which is based on the online booking. It's not ordinary feat considering the malayalam drishyam ran for 6 months and Kannada drishyam was super hit and Telugu Drishyam also had a good run in Bangalore. With Papanasam's massive release in Theatres (More theatres as well as More shows. Bigger than UV, I was not sure of the result. It's crazy the way released. Yesterday, when I went to PVR Forum Mall FDFS. The first show was 10:10 and the next is 11:00. Both the crowd was there simultaneously. There was a guy waiting outside with 20 tickets, when the hall door opened, he didn't come. When asked, he said he is for 11:00 AM show and waiting for friends. The ticket price in PVR is cool 320 Rs for all papanasam shows which start after 2:00 PM. Here, the ticket rate varies with each movie and timing. Don't blame me if it's down when you check, because, bookmyshow claims it's based on algorithm and real time. Yesterday, the Bookmyshow sent a mail saying that Papanasam is declared Super Hit. The mail came yesterday night. I don't remember receiving the mail for all the movies. The last one I got was for Jurassic World. No such mail for Terminator. So, I think it's not marketing technic.

great going :) most important people like it.. sure shot hit!

dell_gt
4th July 2015, 12:22 PM
Just got back. Speechless! What a movie ... From someone who hasnt seen Drishyam, I would say I was lucky and in for a real treat. Seeing Nammavar in a role like this, something I was looking for - wow! Kudos to all and the captain, Jeetu Joseph. Gautami did a real nice job .. was apprehensive initially. K.Mani and Asha Sharath were ... well, menacing .. Anyways dont want to talk more.

Theater was about 95% full with just a couple of seats unoccupied - lot more than UV. Heaved a sigh of relief right there. Everybody around us enjoyed and I could see. Kamal fan or not, WOM is bound to get more .. and coming days should see that hopefully.

include me in ur list.. nanum Drishyam pakalai.. and yea same feeling "Speechless" :)

dell_gt
4th July 2015, 12:24 PM
all shows are almost houseful today (Only from 11:30 shows are shown now) in Mayajaal, SPI Cinemas, AGS etc... thaaru maaru booking across..

wow.. great to hear this.. :)

NOV
4th July 2015, 12:24 PM
Watching tonight....
Not reading Hub or any reviews until then. ...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dell_gt
4th July 2015, 12:25 PM
first week house ful agarathu vishayame ila oru legend heroku
looking for continuous run with family audience for more weeks to get blockbuster tag

right.. continuous run with family!

dell_gt
4th July 2015, 12:27 PM
Watching tonight....
Not reading Hub or any reviews until then. ...

enjoy NOV... Summit? sadly THX hijack by Terminator.. but like 12 shows for #Papanasam in Summit

NOV
4th July 2015, 12:30 PM
enjoy NOV... Summit? sadly THX hijack by Terminator.. but like 12 shows for #Papanasam in Summit

This is just the first time lah.... more to follow at my favourite Nu Sentral 😀

dell_gt
4th July 2015, 12:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJC9l1eUAAELjJP.jpg:large

Kanna
4th July 2015, 12:54 PM
[color=blue]உத்தமவில்லனில் கூட, இளையராஜாவை நினைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் பாபநாசம் போன்ற உருக்கமான, நெகிழ்வான உணர்வுப் போராட்டங்களுக்கு ராஜாவைத் தவிர வேறு யார் இசையை தகுந்தவிதத்தில் சமைக்கமுடியும்? பார்த்து முடித்து வெளியெ வந்தும் எத்தனைப் படங்களில் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டு மனதில் ரீங்காரமிட்டுக் கொண்டெ இருந்திருக்கிறது! அதுபோன்ற ஒன்றை ஜிப்ரானால் அடைய முடியவில்லை. சுயம்புலிங்கம் - ராணி குடும்பம், ஆஷா சரத்- ஆனந்த் மகாதேவன் குடும்பம் என தனித்தனியே ஒருசில மெலடிகளை அமைத்து அதை படம் முழுதும் இம்ப்ரோவைஸ் செய்திருந்தால் அதன் வீச்சே வேறுமாதிரி இருந்திருக்கும்.
:

There's no doubt Ilayaraja would have created magic. But I disagree with your views on Ghibran. He has given his best, and is easily the best among the current crop. The BGM tracks are on loop in my car audio. His usage of violin gives a feeling that he's the next best to Ilayaraja, as far as this move is concerned.

PG2010
4th July 2015, 01:13 PM
4/5

Script-wise, there are no major changes save for the fact that the protoganist Suyambulingam (Kamal Haasan) is a markedly different character from that of the original's George Kutty. Mohanlal nicely underplayed the role and gave us the impression of a man who was confident of winning the cat-and-mouse game he was playing with the cops, Kamal Haasan makes the character more emotional and we see a man who cannot afford to lose. This approach makes Suyambulingam one among us, so in addition to caring for the character, we begin to see every problem that he encounters as our own.

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/tamil/movie-reviews/Papanasam/movie-review/47933927.cms

Russelljpv
4th July 2015, 01:17 PM

You are right. I just checked randomly and the mayajaal booking is phenomenal. Whenever, any big movie releases I used check the booking sites to know the BO status. I never seen so much booking in Mayajaal. They used to have too many shows but at times I used to see only the 4 or 5 seats are booked in some odd time shows. Here, it shows only 5 seats vacant for most shows and others only 1 or 2 seats remaining.

I booked Thursday morning for a Saturday show in one Bangalore Multiplex near to my home. That was my original plan. I couldn't resist temptation after seeing the middle east premier reviews, went yesterday FDFS. The point is when I booked in Thursday only 7 tickets booked prior to me of the capacity of around 120 seat hall. Thursday night around 20 seats booked and I felt bad. The last thing I want to have is seeing a Kamal movie in a theatre with less people. My daughter will make fun of me. Yesterday night checked found 50% full. Now, only 10 or 15 seats remaining for 6:15 show. Now, it's safe. It's nothing to do with legend like Kamal struggling to draw people to theatres. Now a days, they are bombarding with so many shows. It's tough to fill the shows. For Papanasam, I didn't expect such a massive release with no hype at all. Not much advertisement. Release wise, it's equivalent to mighty Viswaroopam but very much greater than UV.

Russelljpv
4th July 2015, 02:46 PM
4232[

A.ANAND
4th July 2015, 05:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCHUVTWYAmk&feature=youtu.be

வீழ்வேன் என்று நினைத்தாயோ..?! Kamal Haasan Papanasam FDFS Fans Celebrations at Albert Theatre

haha..ha....'than maana tamil than kadamaiyya sevvana senjanda!!'

going to watch today..

joe
4th July 2015, 05:39 PM
Saai ,booked for Tmr noon

joe
4th July 2015, 05:49 PM
Singapore booking is rocking now

joe
4th July 2015, 06:26 PM
It seems word of mouth working .. Postive responses and recommendations from all quaters.
Booking in 4 GV screens in singapore is picked up like rocket.

Arvind Srinivasan
4th July 2015, 06:29 PM
[color=blue]

உத்தமவில்லனில் கூட, இளையராஜாவை நினைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் பாபநாசம் போன்ற உருக்கமான, நெகிழ்வான உணர்வுப் போராட்டங்களுக்கு ராஜாவைத் தவிர வேறு யார் இசையை தகுந்தவிதத்தில் சமைக்கமுடியும்? பார்த்து முடித்து வெளியெ வந்தும் எத்தனைப் படங்களில் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டு மனதில் ரீங்காரமிட்டுக் கொண்டெ இருந்திருக்கிறது! அதுபோன்ற ஒன்றை ஜிப்ரானால் அடைய முடியவில்லை. சுயம்புலிங்கம் - ராணி குடும்பம், ஆஷா சரத்- ஆனந்த் மகாதேவன் குடும்பம் என தனித்தனியே ஒருசில மெலடிகளை அமைத்து அதை படம் முழுதும் இம்ப்ரோவைஸ் செய்திருந்தால் அதன் வீச்சே வேறுமாதிரி இருந்திருக்கும்.

Venk, Got to disagree with this. Ghibran's inclusion has already been vindicated through his efforts in Uttama Villain. This is just an addition to that. Though I am not a huge fan of the OSTs releasing before the movie as I also would like to hear them along with the video, his work in both films worked for me. Illayaraja arguably would have done a better job. But you cannot find fault in Kamal Haasan for offering an opportunity for a fledgling music director.

irir123
4th July 2015, 08:49 PM
உத்தமவில்லனில் கூட, இளையராஜாவை நினைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் பாபநாசம் போன்ற உருக்கமான, நெகிழ்வான உணர்வுப் போராட்டங்களுக்கு ராஜாவைத் தவிர வேறு யார் இசையை தகுந்தவிதத்தில் சமைக்கமுடியும்? பார்த்து முடித்து வெளியெ வந்தும் எத்தனைப் படங்களில் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசைத் துண்டு மனதில் ரீங்காரமிட்டுக் கொண்டெ இருந்திருக்கிறது! அதுபோன்ற ஒன்றை ஜிப்ரானால் அடைய முடியவில்லை.

:notworthy:

I (along with so many old time hubbers) have been saying this about Kamal's films since the times of 'Dasavatharam' (just imagine the theme for each of the 10 characters that IR would have given!) - having said that, Kamal is doing the rounds with DSP, SEL, Ghibran et al for some reasons - its not fair to expect Ghibran's score making to match that of IR - IR is peerless in every aspect of scoring to a film's script demands - having said that, Ghibran seems far more knowledgeable about scoring than his contemporaries (Santhosh Narayanan may be an exception - haven't heard his scores other than his song tracks which are very fresh and good) - furthermore, Ghibran's choice is a politically correct move - we will see whom Kamal chooses for the film after Thoongavanam...

Adox
4th July 2015, 09:54 PM
Initial Box office trends ..

'Papanasam' Box Office Collection: Kamal Haasan Starrer Off to a Flying Opening

Kamal Haasan starrer "Papanasam" has got a flying start at the box office. The Tamil movie has opened to highly positive reviews from the audience and critics.

"Papanasam" was released on Friday, 3 July in India and a day before in some foreign countries including Malaysia. As the movie was the remake of successful Malayalam movie "Drishyam", people seems like were pretty confidence of the content. Hence, thronged into the theatres.

As expected, "Papanasam" did not disappoint them and impressed the audience with the content. Not to forget the brilliant performance of the cast including Kamal Haasan.

"Papanasam" has been released in over 410 screens in Tamil Nadu and over 750 worldwide. The early reports from the trade say that the movie has made close to 8 crore on the first day. Nonetheless, the confirmed report is not available at this stage.

Traders are expecting "Papanasam" to have a fantastic weekend, given the extraordinary word-of-mouth it has garnered. The film is expected to register record collection on its first Sunday (5 July). We have to wait and see whether it breaks any record.

"Papanasam" is a family-thriller drama directed by Jeetu Joseph. Gauthami, Niveda Thomas, Asha Sarath, Kalabhavan Mani, Esther Anil, MS Bhaskar and others are in the cast.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/papanasam-box-office-first-day-collection-kamal-haasan-starrer-off-flying-opening-638129

avavh3
4th July 2015, 10:12 PM
watched (pvr naraina) decent crowd, many places clapping especially at the end. since i have watched drishyam, honestly it felt as if watching for the second time. so initial 45 minutes till that " eventful night" was testing. after that found very gripping due to kh's underplay and gibraan's bgm, hatsoff man. overall very nice experience. climax portion is new, just wow.. entire hall had misty eyes for sure. when he make that throat sound..i thank god for giving him to us.

vidyasakaran
4th July 2015, 10:34 PM
விசாரிக்கிறேன் பேர்வழி என காவலர் பாத்திரத்தில் கலாபவன் மணி சுயம்புலிங்கம்-ராணி குடும்பத்தை கொடுமைப்படைத்தும் காட்சிகள் ஓரளவிற்குமேல் பார்க்க திகட்டிவிடுகிறது. தணிக்கைக் குழு இதற்கெல்லாம் U சான்றிதழ் கொடுப்பார்களா!

சுயம்புலிங்கமாக கமலைத்தவிர வேறு ஒருவர் செய்திருந்தால் இந்த அளவு மேன்மை அடைந்திருக்குமா? பதில் இல்லை. ஆனால் கமல் இதுவரை கடந்துவந்திருக்கும் பாத்திரப் பயணங்களை அசைபோட்டால், பாபநாசம் அப்படியொன்றும் பெரிதாய் கவரவில்லை. பலவித சுவாரஸ்யங்களை தன்னகத்தைக் கொண்டு ஒவ்வொருமுறை பார்த்து பரவசப்படக் கூடிய அளவிற்கு பாபநாசம் அப்படியொரு ஆகச்சிறந்த படைப்பாகவும் தோன்றவில்லை. உத்தமவில்லன் பார்த்தபிறகு எழுந்த அடுத்த முறை எப்போது பார்ப்பது என்ற ஈர்ப்பு பாபநாசத்தில் எழவில்லை. பார்த்த ஒரே முறையிலேயே திருப்தி கிடைத்துவிட்டது. கதை, திரைக்கதையில் கமலை விஸ்வரூபமாக பலபடங்களில் தரிசித்துவிட்டதால் அப்படி ஒரு நிலையை உணர்கிறேன்.

பாபநாசத்தைப் பார்த்துவிட்டு த்ரிஷ்யத்தை கண்டுகளிக்கலாம் என முடிவெடுத்திருந்தேன். ஆனால் த்ரிஷ்யத்தை முழுதும் பார்க்க பொறுமை இருக்குமா எனத் தெரியல. அதனால, லால்-கமல் நடிப்பில் யார் சிறப்பு என்ற வட்டத்திற்குள் போகவில்லை.

திருநெல்வேலித் தமிழுக்கு, கலாச்சாரத்திற்கு ஒரு அடையாளமாக இப்படம். வழங்கிய ஜீத்து ஜோசப், கமல், ஜெயமோகனுக்கு நன்றி.

:notworthy:
அப்படியே என் கருத்தும். ஒரு கமல் படமாக நான் எதிர்பார்க்கும் படம் இதைவிட பல அடுக்குகள் கொண்ட, இன்னும் பல கேள்விகளை எழுப்பி மனதில் அசைபோடவைப்பதாக இருக்கும்.
உங்களுடன் உடன்பட இயலாத ஒரு விஷயம் திருநெல்வேலித்தமிழ். ஒரு திருநெல்வேலிக்காரனாக, கமல் உச்சரிப்பில் பல போதாமைகளை உணரமுடிந்தது. அந்த கேபிள் பையன் உச்சரிப்பு அற்புதம்.

Mr.GreyShirt
5th July 2015, 03:44 AM
I love this movie so much. It has been so long since I was fully invested in a movie all the way through. I can't wait to show this to my family. They are going to love it.

raagadevan
5th July 2015, 05:12 AM
'Drishyam' is like a great shirt you want to wear: Kamal Haasan

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/kamal-haasan-talks-about-papanasam/article7383797.ece?homepage=true

It’s terrific to see Kamal Haasan play a ‘normal’ part, says Baradwaj Rangan

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/papanasam-movie-review/article7383788.ece

irir123
5th July 2015, 07:13 AM
"….setting the dial to an era when cinema meant more than breakneck editing and the conviction that every audience member is a three-year-old suffering from ADD….."

ROTFL!

NOV
5th July 2015, 07:33 AM
Went to watch the film without expectations or reading reviews. Enjoyed the movie - classic story, good acting throughout, perfect BGM by Gibran, limited songs, and quite a good screenplay. Three hours went by without realising the length.

Was I blown away?
No... to me this movie was like feeding sugar crystals to Kamal - all he did was just walk through the movie.
Simple uncomplicated movie which doesn't require much thought, quite unlike your average Kamal fare.
Nevertheless nice to see Kamal at his unusual slow pace.

Loved his tribute to Sivaji Ganesan again and again. <3

Raajjaa
5th July 2015, 10:40 AM
மதுரையில் பாபநாசம் 6 திரை அரங்குகளில் ரிலீஸாகி இருக்கிற்து(விஜய்,அஜித் படங்கள் எல்லாம் 5 திரை அரங்குகளில் தான் ரிலீஸ் ஆகும்).டிக்கட் விலை 120. அதுவும் 2 மாத இடை வெளியில் படம் வெளி வந்து இருக்கிறது.கமலின் சம்பளம் தவிர்த்து படத்தின் பட்ஜெட் 5 கோடி இருக்குமா?

4 வருடங்களுக்கு ஒரு படம் வெளியிடும் ரஜினி படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான். 100 கோடி செலவு பண்ணி எடுத்த ஐ படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான். அஜித், விஜய் படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான்.

Russelljpv
5th July 2015, 11:41 AM
For me, the only high expensive scene might be when the crane fishes out the Maruti car. All the other scenes, the actors daily salary would be the major expense.

Russelljpv
5th July 2015, 11:45 AM
http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/papanasam-box-office-report-035503.html

It's HIT. But, how big is the question?

வினா வினா ஒரே வினா?

avavh3
5th July 2015, 12:29 PM
my dig:
1. why should the interrogation scene be that gore? some children were closing their eyes during breaking of fingers scene. why??? any kind violence against women/children is despicable whether in real life or reel life. in drishyam it was mild. (read trisha has prosthetic makeup in TV..fearing how much violence would be shown there)
2. protagonist is again and again shown as ardent fan of SG, he even makes up his hairstyle like him. any SG fan should be around 60-70 years today. (dont get me wrong here. im a fan too, but to dress like his movie character should only happen to those fans who were young and admiring his current movies at those periods) but the movie happens in 2014 (anjaan). this was not logically correct. instead he should have been shown as RK fan (if he could digest that scenario!)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th July 2015, 12:56 PM
http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/papanasam-box-office-report-035503.html

It's HIT. But, how big is the question?

வினா வினா ஒரே வினா?

Guess ppl here are less informed! Its packed shows everywhere. Even outside TN other states, north, overseas! Everywhere its rocking and shows getting added! Superhit for sure! BB expected! No doubt at all!

Chikatiloan
5th July 2015, 02:21 PM
Guess ppl here are less informed! Its packed shows everywhere. Even outside TN other states, north, overseas! Everywhere its rocking and shows getting added! Superhit for sure! BB expected! No doubt at all!

Its massive hit in TN..
In trichy maris theater 100+ cars from Friday evening show till now..theater owner has to call police to clear and they have never seen such crowd..
In Udhayam/Kasi yesterday road block during evening show..
All C centre theaters in Chennai and suburbs running with packed houses which is unbelievable,,even madipaakam theater and thiruporur arul muruga theater running with packed houses..
NSC area distributor "Trident Movies" said today its released in 120 theaters in NSC which is maximum for kamal and everywhere housefull..he also said its massive hit..

https://www.facebook.com/TridentMovies

Reliance distributed in north were extremely happy with BO performance in north despite releasing maximum screens without dubbing..so they are taking to B,C centre theaters from today..
In Hyderabad its running in 11 theaters in tamil version which is record for direct tamil release and its full everywhere..even for Monday 3 theaters are full..Unbelievable..

Bahubali is under pressure next week..it cant get any screens beyond Madurai and not so maximum screens in other areas..in Chennai becoz of multiplex they will get good screens and for that Indru Netru Naalai,Yaagavaraiyanum naan kaakha,kaaval,romeo Juliet,english movies will pave way..Papanasam will still hold good screens in Chennai..Other areas Papanasam dominance will continue..

Blockbuster all the way..

Saai
5th July 2015, 02:21 PM
2. protagonist is again and again shown as ardent fan of SG, he even makes up his hairstyle like him. any SG fan should be around 60-70 years today. (dont get me wrong here. im a fan too, but to dress like his movie character should only happen to those fans who were young and admiring his current movies at those periods) but the movie happens in 2014 (anjaan). this was not logically correct. instead he should have been shown as RK fan (if he could digest that scenario!)

Boss, you know how old is Joe and how big a fan he is of Shivaji Ganesan?

Chikatiloan
5th July 2015, 02:23 PM
Vijay TV would have already decided best actor,director, actress, best song of the year 2015..sadhigaara payan..:)

Chikatiloan
5th July 2015, 02:26 PM
my dig:
1. why should the interrogation scene be that gore? some children were closing their eyes during breaking of fingers scene. why??? any kind violence against women/children is despicable whether in real life or reel life. in drishyam it was mild. (read trisha has prosthetic makeup in TV..fearing how much violence would be shown there)

Thayavu seidhu idhae pola padathukku nuances karumam'laan venaam..ellam kamal padathukku idhu panrathu kevalam..infact its not kamal script and successful Malayalam movie..this movie is mostly perfect and also connects with audience nicely with gripping,tight screenplay..idhukku maela enna venum..

dell_gt
5th July 2015, 02:56 PM
Its massive hit in TN..
In trichy maris theater 100+ cars from Friday evening show till now..theater owner has to call police to clear and they have never seen such crowd..
All C centre theaters in Chennai and suburbs running with packed houses which is unbelievable,,even madipaakam theater and thiruporur arul muruga theater running with packed houses..
NSC area distributor "Trident Movies" said today its released in 120 theaters in NSC which is maximum for kamal and everywhere housefull..he also said its massive hit..

Reliance distributed in north were extremely happy with BO performance in north despite releasing maximum screens without dubbing..so they are taking to B,C centre theaters from today..
In Hyderabad its running in 11 theaters in tamil version which is record for direct tamil release and its full everywhere..even for Monday 3 theaters are full..Unbelievable..

Bahubali is under pressure next week..it cant get any screens beyond Madurai and not so maximum screens in other areas..in Chennai becoz of multiplex they will get good screens and for that Indru Netru Naalai,Yaagavaraiyanum naan kaakha,kaaval,romeo Juliet,english movies will pave way..Papanasam will still hold good screens in Chennai..Other areas Papanasam dominance will continue..

Thanks sir.. very happpy to hear this :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Russelljpv
5th July 2015, 03:13 PM
Its massive hit in TN..

Great. Expecting this. Bangalore's success unbelivable. Here, ticket prices are so high. Still, running packed.

Russelljpv
5th July 2015, 03:16 PM
Just finished Sun TV Program. Oh God. I was moved even for this small program when the daughters are in tears. Kind of send off feeling who is travelling and won't see them for a while. This movie is a magic.

Cinemarasigan
5th July 2015, 04:05 PM
It is running in so many theaters here in Bangalore. 53 theaters are being booked thru Book my Show... Even in chennai it may be less(if mayajaal is excluded)

http://in.bookmyshow.com/buytickets/papanasam-bengaluru/movie-bang-ET00029037-MT/20150705

In Bangalore All the other language versions of Dhrishyam have already released and had good run...

Cinemarasigan
5th July 2015, 04:08 PM
Watched the movie.. Since I have not watched Dhrishyam, it looks like a new movie for me... Excellent script.. kamal lived as Suyambulingam...

Some of the scenes acting was top class. Climax one would be in memory for some more years.

Cinemarasigan
5th July 2015, 04:18 PM
Trident Movies
2 hrs ·

Trident Movies Lathif Ravi sir (NSC Distributor) - ‪#‎Papanasam‬ was released in 120 Screens, which is highest for Kamal sir movie & it is running houseful in all NSC theaters now. Massive Hit

avavh3
5th July 2015, 04:21 PM
nuances karumam'laan venaam..ellam kamal padathukku idhu panrathu kevalam

cant understand what do you mean. should we accept it without even discussing? this is ridiculous. being a fan, i am at liberty to express my feelings about some excesses/shortcomings according to me. i dont care if that sounds karumam/kevalam to someone.

avavh3
5th July 2015, 04:26 PM
Boss, you know how old is Joe and how big a fan he is of Shivaji Ganesan?

boss..did you miss this lines "dont get me wrong here. im a fan too" ?
what i meant was the period when the movie taking place couldnt be correlated with his adopting SG mannerism in 2014. thats all. hope some one will understand what i meant.

NOV
5th July 2015, 05:01 PM
Are you suggesting that there are no verithanamaana Sivaji fans aged 40 in 2014?

Chikatiloan
5th July 2015, 05:05 PM
nuances karumam'laan venaam..ellam kamal padathukku idhu panrathu kevalam

cant understand what do you mean. should we accept it without even discussing? this is ridiculous. being a fan, i am at liberty to express my feelings about some excesses/shortcomings according to me. i dont care if that sounds karumam/kevalam to someone.

Sir,We can do that for kamal owned scripts like UV,VR,10A,Virumaandi,heyram but not for other scripted movies meant for purely commercial cinema..that too for remakes which has been done in all languages..purely personal but ok you can continue..nothing wrong,i will take my words for your post..sorry

Adox
5th July 2015, 05:35 PM
மதுரையில் பாபநாசம் 6 திரை அரங்குகளில் ரிலீஸாகி இருக்கிற்து(விஜய்,அஜித் படங்கள் எல்லாம் 5 திரை அரங்குகளில் தான் ரிலீஸ் ஆகும்).டிக்கட் விலை 120. அதுவும் 2 மாத இடை வெளியில் படம் வெளி வந்து இருக்கிறது.கமலின் சம்பளம் தவிர்த்து படத்தின் பட்ஜெட் 5 கோடி இருக்குமா?

4 வருடங்களுக்கு ஒரு படம் வெளியிடும் ரஜினி படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான். 100 கோடி செலவு பண்ணி எடுத்த ஐ படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான். அஜித், விஜய் படத்துக்கும் இதே ரேட் தான்.

Raaja sir - Its a low budget movie and read that it was in the order of 20c. Not sure if his salary was in that nor not .. yet is still low. We're looking at a BB in the horizon.

Adox
5th July 2015, 05:42 PM
Kamal Haasan’s Papanasam Poised To Rewrite Boxoffice History

by Subhash K Jha

Writer-director Jeetu Joseph’s Papanasam has opened to an overwhelming boxoffice ovation. The mighty Kamal Haasan who plays the central character of a father avenging his daughter’s violation is feeling vindicated.

“I think this is vindication of what happened to my film Mahanadi in 1994. If you remember I played aggrieved father in search of his missing daughter in that film when I was not even 40. For all the praise that Mahanadi got it didn’t get the success it deserves.Papanasam is like making up for lost time. I feel today the audience is far more equipped to understand what we’re trying to say about the nucleus family than back than when I did Mahanadi.”

And to think that the role in Papanasam was offered to Rajnikanth first!

“It was offered to practically every prominent actor in Chennai by the producer. Only the director Jeetu Joseph stood by me. He was sure that if the film was to be made in Tamil it had to be with me in the lead I hope I’ve lived up to his expectations,” confesses Kamalji.

Kamalji says he brought in subtle political nuances while playing this semi-illiterate villager who goes all-out to protect his family from powerful forces. “From my body language and the pictures that are hung on his home’s wall, you can tell the caste and political leanings of my character. Even the language I speak is very colloquial.”

Lamentably the flavour and nuances in the method actor’s speech are lost in translation.

Papanasam is a very special film for Kamalji. It brought his better-half back, “The reason why we look like a real family in Papanasam is because we are family. We aren’t faking it. It’s not about Gauthamiji being my real-life soul mate or my having two daughters in real life. Even if I had one or four daughters I’d feel the same way as my character in the film.”

avavh3
5th July 2015, 05:57 PM
usv..we are basking in BB glory of this epic movie. we will celebrate that. but pl continue discussing the movie, kh fans do that unlike other's fans. thats our strength (and sometimes weakness too as many of us will not support meaningless masala movies of kh)
no offence taken

avavh3
5th July 2015, 06:09 PM
"Are you suggesting that there are no verithanamaana Sivaji fans aged 40 in 2014"

i dont think so Nov. i love (many of) his movies but i would most certainly not put the bellbottom worn by him or adopt his hairstyle or walk in his style ala enna nadai enna nadai..i can keep digressing. those days are over. thats why i felt as such. he uses his sentiments of SG in this movie thats his tribute but it doesnt blend with the period depicted in the movie. it seems to be not very glaring timeline mistake as im the only one here feeling that way:smile2:

Adox
5th July 2015, 06:14 PM
Would not want to dissect the movie in detail at this point for the benefits of hubbers who have not seen it. Its hardly the first weekend since its release.

Police brutality shown was realistic even if it made viewers flinch. They can do worse things ... Jeethu Joseph was quite particular about it. The viewers next me (not known to me) expressed : "Idhu ellam nejama parkara-maadhiri irrukku, padam maari illa".

Russelljpv
5th July 2015, 06:26 PM
Mahanadhi and Kuruthipunal are more brutal than this.

NOV
5th July 2015, 06:27 PM
i dont think so Nov. i love (many of) his movies but i would most certainly not put the bellbottom worn by him or adopt his hairstyle or walk in his style ala enna nadai enna nadai..But that's you.
Reminds me of people criticising Gautam for showing Surya going to US in pursuit of a girl - saying people just don't do that.
Gautam just told them off, saying HE did it... and after that all criticism ended.

People tend to judge based on their experiences, but reality is much wider than that.

Russelljpv
5th July 2015, 06:40 PM
But that's you.
Reminds me of people criticising Gautam for showing Surya going to US in pursuit of a girl - saying people just don't do that.
Gautam just told them off, saying HE did it... and after that all criticism ended.

People tend to judge based on their experiences, but reality is much wider than that.

During my school days, there were many Sivaji fans than the Rajini and Kamal fans put together. Even, they used to treat us you kids go and play somewhere whenever there is an argument. By that time, MGR stopped acting. Even though, I am a kamal fan, I have more knowledge on Sivaji movies especially bigger ones like Sivantha Mann, Pattikada Pattanama, Vasantha Maligai and Trisulam than Kamal films which released during 70s. Most of the sivaji films, I saw were second or third or nth release in my place. They used to run better than Rajini and Kamal films at times. Please don't underestimate the influence of Shivaji on 2 or 3 generations of film goers.

NOV
5th July 2015, 07:03 PM
I can safely say that all my children have nothing but great admiration for Sivaji and accept him as the encyclopaedia of Tamils films.
They have even cried watching his films.
So yes, do not underestimate the influence of Sivaji on younger audiences.

joe
5th July 2015, 07:16 PM
அதானே ! நாங்களும் ரவுடிதான்வே.

பாசமலர் படத்துக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2015, 07:42 PM
my dig:

Hi UV. Regarding the first point, it's true that the violence was slightly amped up in the Tamil version compared to the original. Kamal Haasan loves to get bruised up pretty bad on screen and this is seen as a common thing in almost all of his movies. Probably he feels it's his way of registering the impact onto the viewer. However I feel this cannot held as a reason to nitpick at the movie.
Secondly, Suyambu Lingam being an ardent Shivaji fan and the family watching Anjaan are all peripheral issues here. It talks about how water tight the movie is since these are the only so called flaws that people could get a hand onto. To be frank, I don't even consider the former to be a flaw at all.
Intha alavukku yosika theva illannu thonuthu. The movie's extremely well made. No scene is wasted and almost each one in the first half serves as a red herring for things to unfold in the second. Having watched the original I for one am extremely delighted that this was made in Tamizh. Any good actor could have made the character of the father work, but Kamal takes it to another planet.

Mahen
5th July 2015, 07:53 PM
watched and loved it..thoroughly enjoyed a kamal film after a long time.. :clap:

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2015, 08:14 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com ‏@TamilBoxOffice1 12m12 minutes ago
#Papanasam USA+CAN

Prem : $33,283
Fri : $76,803
Sun : $72,010

Total : $182,096

Hopefully it picks up

srimal
5th July 2015, 08:14 PM
Enjoyed watching a Kamalhassan movie after a long long time.... Despite having watched Drishyam, I enjoyed the movie... Kamal added another dimension to the character and I liked the pavanasam slang and attitude displayed throughout by all the characters...I felt Meena should have been retained / Gautami did an okay job but the rest of my family felt she was suited the role.. A good, neat, well made film...I did not notice the BGM much... it didn't disturb the flow and so I guess it was good..

40 year olds being Shivaji fans is not such an oddity.... I know enough to distinguish between Paalum Pazhamum and Dr.Siva hairstyles.. Nadigar thilagam did set many fashion trends those days... remember the shirt in pudhiya paravai !!!

irir123
5th July 2015, 08:17 PM

Prime Media has a bizarre means of releasing its films in the US - Uthhama Villain was released in two different theaters at two locations in the Houston area - PN is released in one just one hall - but 3 shows are on for the whole week - if the screening is continued for another week that will be a sure sign of how it is received here..

Films like this ought to be released in halls like River Oaks Theater or Sundance Theater - which screen offbeat international films from countries as diverse as Iran and Argentina!

irir123
5th July 2015, 08:24 PM
Are you suggesting that there are no verithanamaana Sivaji fans aged 40 in 2014?

Me became a fan after watching 'Muthal Mariyadhai' which prompted me to watch his B&W films - even though I had seen them in my much younger days.

'Andha Naal' (I cannot think of anyone playing that scene in which NT gets a gun shot that realistically - would make one wonder is he was really shot!) - 'Bale Pandiyaa' (contrasting comedy in 3 roles with MRR et al being added bonus) et al cemented my fan status - and then 'Kappalottiya thamizhan' nailed it to the next level…I wish someday Kamal remakes KT with him playing the lead role …
'
Thevar Magan' took it to another level for both NT and the man who took it there - Kamal!

It is NT's films from the 1970s and the early 80s that were a disappointment - 'singathhukku thayir saadham' effect!

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2015, 08:25 PM
Prime Media has a bizarre means of releasing its films in the US - Uthhama Villain was released in two different theaters at two locations in the Houston area - PN is released in one just one hall - but 3 shows are on for the whole week - if the screening is continued for another week that will be a sure sign of how it is received here..

The distributors look into how much they get back when they release a movie. It is for this reason that Tamizh movies are seldom released in niche theatres. Even AMCs are not looked into. This may not change in the near future.

joe
5th July 2015, 08:49 PM
நானும் என் மனைவியும் ஏற்கனவே திருஷ்யம் பார்த்திருக்கிறோம் .. எனவே பாபநாசம் போகலாமா என கேட்ட போது ஏற்கனவே மலையாளத்தில் பார்த்துவிட்டேனே என என் மனைவி ஆர்வம் காட்டவில்லை . எனவே எனக்கும் என் மகனுக்கும் நான் டிக்கட் வாங்கியிருந்தேன் ..பின்னர் என் மனைவியும் வருகிறேன் என சொல்ல இன்னொரு டிக்கெட் வாங்கும் போது முன்வரிசையிலே கிடைத்தது .. எனவே நான் மட்டும் தனியாக உட்கார்ந்திருந்தேன்.

எனது பக்கத்தில் ஒரு பெண்மணி தன் மகனோடு உட்கார்ந்திருந்தார் ..இரண்டாம் பாகத்தில் நிமிடத்துக்கொரு தடவை 'ஐயையோ' என சொல்லிக்கொண்டிருந்தார் .. மகனுக்கு ஒண்ணுக்கு போக சென்று ஓடோடி வந்து "சார் ..என்ன நடந்தது" என கேட்டார் ..நான் "அந்த காரை தண்ணீருக்குள் ..." என சொல்ல ,, மறுபடியும் நிமிடத்தத்துக்கொரு தடவை ஐயையோ தொடர்ந்தார் . எனக்கு என்ன நடக்கப் போகிறது என்பது ஏற்கனவே தெரியுமென்பதால் அந்த பதட்டம் இல்லை ..என் கவனமெல்லாம் வழக்கம் போல தல படத்தை மக்கள் எப்படி பார்க்கிறார்கள் என்பதிலேயே இருந்தது :)

தமிழ்நாட்டைப் போல சிங்கப்பூரில் அதுவும் மல்டிப்லக்ஸ்சில் கைதட்டல் கேட்பது அபூர்வம் .. ஆனால் இங்கேயும் படம் முடிந்ததும் கைதட்டல் எழுந்தது . வெளியே வரும் போது மக்கள் முகங்களில் திருப்தியும் மலர்ச்சியும் ..ஒரு பெண்மணி தன் கணவரிடம் சொன்னார் "ரொம்ப நாளைக்கப்புறம் ஒரு நல்ல படம் பார்த்திருக்கிறோம்" ..பின்னர் வந்து சேர்ந்த என் மனைவியும் என்னிடம் அதையே சொன்னார் .

கமல் ரசிகன் என்ற பெருமிதத்தை காட்ட மனமிருந்தாலும் சுயம்புலிங்கம் போல அடக்கியே வாசித்தேன்.

selvakumar
5th July 2015, 09:17 PM
Are you sure? three continues holidays including weekend in summer???

May be be desis do not travel.

Aren't we talking about Indians?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adox
5th July 2015, 09:33 PM
To be frank, I don't even consider the former to be a flaw at all.
Intha alavukku yosika theva illannu thonuthu. The movie's extremely well made. No scene is wasted and almost each one in the first half serves as a red herring for things to unfold in the second. Having watched the original I for one am extremely delighted that this was made in Tamizh. Any good actor could have made the character of the father work, but Kamal takes it to another planet.

Exactly my views.

joe
5th July 2015, 09:33 PM
40 வயசுல வெறித்தனமான நடிகர் திலகம் ரசிகர்கள் எங்க கிராமத்துலயே ஏராளம் உண்டு .. அதுவும் சுயம்புலிங்கம் வயசுல சொல்லவே வேண்டாம் . அதுவும் திருநெல்வேலி , நாகர்கோவில்ல மானாவாரியா உண்டுடே .

சுயம்புலிங்கம் ஜிவாஜி ரசிகனாத்தான் இருக்கணும் ஓய் ..இருந்தாத் தான் நல்லாயிருக்கும்டே .

இனிம பாவநாசம் பத்தி பேசும்வோம்டே ..என்னா !

Adox
5th July 2015, 09:38 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com ‏@TamilBoxOffice1 12m12 minutes ago
#Papanasam USA+CAN

Prem : $33,283
Fri : $76,803
Sun : $72,010

Total : $182,096

Hopefully it picks up

You mean Sat instead of Sun ? Sun still has 3-4 shows remaining ... so would think there's a scope of another 70K.

Cinemarasigan
5th July 2015, 09:47 PM
தமிழ்நாட்டைப் போல சிங்கப்பூரில் அதுவும் மல்டிப்லக்ஸ்சில் கைதட்டல் கேட்பது அபூர்வம் .. ஆனால் இங்கேயும் படம் முடிந்ததும் கைதட்டல் எழுந்தது . வெளியே வரும் போது மக்கள் முகங்களில் திருப்தியும் மலர்ச்சியும் ..ஒரு பெண்மணி தன் கணவரிடம் சொன்னார் "ரொம்ப நாளைக்கப்புறம் ஒரு நல்ல படம் பார்த்திருக்கிறோம்" ..பின்னர் வந்து சேர்ந்த என் மனைவியும் என்னிடம் அதையே சொன்னார் .

கமல் ரசிகன் என்ற பெருமிதத்தை காட்ட மனமிருந்தாலும் சுயம்புலிங்கம் போல அடக்கியே வாசித்தேன்.

:superb: Happy to hear..

Cinemarasigan
5th July 2015, 09:52 PM
Flower celebration at Bangalore Natraj Theater...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJKPtCoUYAAYEKd.jpg

Cinemarasigan
5th July 2015, 09:55 PM
Thunderous claps for this one second look...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJKUsyCUcAQFb9j.jpg

Cinemarasigan
5th July 2015, 09:59 PM
Papanasam review in the Guardian predicts an English remake. :clap: Definitely KH brought in lot of respect for the movie :clap:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/05/papanasam-review-kamal-hassan-bollywood-movie

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th July 2015, 10:02 PM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smupi3?new_post=true

த்ரிஷ்யம் - பாபநாசம் - மைய்யக்கரு பற்றிய நீண்ட பார்வைகள்

irir123
5th July 2015, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEPEXkPjFsw

Papanasam Review | Kashayam with Bosskey

"கமல் ஐயப்பன் வேஷத்துல நடிச்சா கூட புலியா வருவாரு - ஆனா இதுல அந்த மாதிரி எல்லாம் இல்லாம ஒரு cable operator ஆகவே வாழ்ந்திருக்கார்" - Bosskey very funny!

Adox
5th July 2015, 10:36 PM
irir123,

I agreed with one of the negatives he listed. I felt the same after watching the movie ...

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2015, 10:39 PM
You mean Sat instead of Sun ? Sun still has 3-4 shows remaining ... so would think there's a scope of another 70K.

It's Saturday not Sunday....Wonder why the movie's just doing average business....Guess people are waiting for a good quality online version....You can get them legally you know through Tentkotta et al....

Nasc
5th July 2015, 10:51 PM
irir123,

I agreed with one of the negatives he listed. I felt the same after watching the movie ...

romance?

Adox
5th July 2015, 11:07 PM
romance?

No .. the one where IG like Ramana Vijaykanth (his words!) lists out the entire statistics and break down of Nammavar's actions in like 5 min :) How can someone be so thorough .. Anyways, I really didnt have issues with the initial romancing or IG's husband with her all the time. Infact the initial part sets the stage for a nice happy family getting into trouble.

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2015, 11:13 PM
No .. the one where IG like Ramana Vijaykanth (his words!) lists out the entire statistics and break down of Nammavar's actions :) How can someone be so thorough .. Anyways, I really didnt have issues with the initial romancing or IG's husband with her all the time. Infact the initial part sets the stage for a nice happy family getting into trouble.

Yes. It's all too perfect for both the IG and Suyambu. Antha perfection thaanga idikuthu.That's commercial cinema though. Suyambu makes mistakes but they are too few in between and his family's road to freedom is almost seamless. Suyambu like all heroes in cinema's got an amazing amount of plot armour. A serious nitpick would be however the tonal change in the movie. But it is handled so deftly that we almost never sense it.

Adox
5th July 2015, 11:19 PM
Yes. It's all too perfect for both the IG and Suyambu. Antha perfection thaanga idikuthu.That's commercial cinema though. Suyambu makes mistakes but they are too few in between and his family's road to freedom is almost seamless. Suyambu like all heroes in cinema's got an amazing amount of plot armour. A serious nitpick would be however the tonal change in the movie. But it is handled so deftly that we almost never sense it.

Arvind, there's a subtle difference here. The fact is that it is Suyambu's perfection where the entire latter half's story line and plot is based of .. Its that perfection that throws everybody else out of gear. But when IG lists it out as though reading a book makes it a little hard to swallow.

Arvind Srinivasan
5th July 2015, 11:36 PM
Arvind, there's a subtle difference here. The fact is that it is Suyambu's perfection where the entire latter half's story line and plot is based of .. Its that perfection that throws everybody else out of gear. But when IG lists it out as though reading a book makes it a little hard to swallow.

I know. I just wanted to drive home the fact that the movie is as commercial as it gets when you look into the above. Suyambu is able to maintain his composure despite the rubble his family's fallen into and is able to concoct a completely different reality. While it looks all too simple as a thought, executing it would really be a trial by fire. It is here that the movie calls for a slight suspension of pragmatism and practicality. One can look at this as a flaw or as a way through which mainstream cinema functions. The IG figuring things out is a completely different thing though. I would presume it was a necessary evil without which the conflict in the movie would have greatly diminished. And it also served the purpose of having an audience representation on screen.

venkkiram
5th July 2015, 11:37 PM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smupi3?new_post=true

த்ரிஷ்யம் - பாபநாசம் - மைய்யக்கரு பற்றிய நீண்ட பார்வைகள்

புலனாய்வு ஒட்டையாக நான் நினைப்பது...

மூணாந்தேதி ஹோட்டலுக்குப் போயி, இரண்டாந்தேதின்னு சுயம்புவே கணக்கர் இல்லாத நேரத்தில் ரிஜிஸ்தர் நோட்புக்கில் எழுதுறாரே அந்த ஒன்றை வைத்து கையெழுத்து யாருடையது என எளிதாக புலனாய்வு செய்திருந்தால் சுயம்புலிங்கம் மீதான சந்தேகம் இன்னும் வலுவடையும்.

PG2010
6th July 2015, 06:25 AM
And to think that the role in Papanasam was offered to Rajnikanth first!

“It was offered to practically every prominent actor in Chennai by the producer. Only the director Jeetu Joseph stood by me. He was sure that if the film was to be made in Tamil it had to be with me in the lead I hope I’ve lived up to his expectations,” confesses Kamalji.

http://skjbollywoodnews.com/2015/07/kamal-haasans-papanasam-poised-to-rewrite-boxoffice-history/4132973.html

NOV
6th July 2015, 06:53 AM
More than anything I am thankful that the movie was produced quickly and released on the day scheduled without any problems.
A long time since almost back to back releases.

Russellvzp
6th July 2015, 09:35 AM
-deleted-

NOV
6th July 2015, 09:38 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/11728758_1456451747983243_8124922774062552263_o.jp g

Russellvzp
6th July 2015, 09:40 AM
ithula enna sonnennu delete panringa?:banghead:

paakra KH fans edho naan KH pathi thappa soltennu kaandavurathukku

ajaybaskar
6th July 2015, 09:55 AM
புலனாய்வு ஒட்டையாக நான் நினைப்பது...

மூணாந்தேதி ஹோட்டலுக்குப் போயி, இரண்டாந்தேதின்னு சுயம்புவே கணக்கர் இல்லாத நேரத்தில் ரிஜிஸ்தர் நோட்புக்கில் எழுதுறாரே அந்த ஒன்றை வைத்து கையெழுத்து யாருடையது என எளிதாக புலனாய்வு செய்திருந்தால் சுயம்புலிங்கம் மீதான சந்தேகம் இன்னும் வலுவடையும்.
ஹோட்டலில் ரூம் புக் செய்யும்போது நாம்தானே நமது விலாசத்தை பதிவு செய்ய வேண்டும்? சுயம்பு தன் சொந்த கையெழுத்தில் 2ஆம் தேதி ரிஜிஸ்தரிலும் போலி கையெழுத்தில் (வேறு பெயரில்) 3ஆம் தேதி ரிஜிஸ்தரிலும் பதிவு செய்திருக்கக்கூடும்.

வேறு பெயரில், வேறு விலாசத்தில் சுவாமிஜியின் சிடியை வாங்கும் அளவிற்கு முன்யோசனை உள்ள ஒருவருக்கு இது சாதாரண விஷயம். :)

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 10:28 AM
ஹோட்டலில் ரூம் புக் செய்யும்போது நாம்தானே நமது விலாசத்தை பதிவு செய்ய வேண்டும்? சுயம்பு தன் சொந்த கையெழுத்தில் 2ஆம் தேதி ரிஜிஸ்தரிலும் போலி கையெழுத்தில் (வேறு பெயரில்) 3ஆம் தேதி ரிஜிஸ்தரிலும் பதிவு செய்திருக்கக்கூடும்.

வேறு பெயரில், வேறு விலாசத்தில் சுவாமிஜியின் சிடியை வாங்கும் அளவிற்கு முன்யோசனை உள்ள ஒருவருக்கு இது சாதாரண விஷயம். :)

Asha Sarath says this as well... but she was breaking head that she could not find a loophole in all these...

pavalamani pragasam
6th July 2015, 10:47 AM
Awesome movie! Simply superb! Very gripping story. Sitting-on-the-edge-of-the-chair thriller for sure.

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 11:04 AM
Kumudham
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJNHHL_UsAQs73_.jpg

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 11:05 AM
Kumudham continued..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJNHHVnUMAA9Ddk.jpg

NOV
6th July 2015, 12:05 PM
Take an extremely well written script , assemble a Team of great technicians then ??? With the script being the hero what does the "actor" bring to the Table ?

If you want a master class lesson on that then you study the case of "Drishyam".

A competent actor brings himself into the role and then dissolves himself to still leave a trace or a shade or sometimes even a tan or more on to the colour of the character - obviously with the OK of the Director who cast him for precisely this reason.

I must agree with my friend Bharadwaj Rangan who said that he envied those who had not seen the Malayalam/Telugu versions as they would have fully experienced the thrill and excitement of the plot as it steadily unravelled.

Comparisons are always odious - should never be done for each is as original as the other - which is the "Holier" Ramayana ? Kalidasa , Kambar or Thulasidas ?? Each Poet brought out the essence through his vision and Language to narrate the same Epic.

Only a man supremely confident of his own skills and technique will agree to do any role already essayed by another great actor. There was this story of how Dilip Kumar cautioned Sanjeev Kumar not to do any Sivaji film remake - he is supposed to have said - " we will be fooled into thinking there is a great script and story because of the films success but remove Sivaji and there will be nothing we can play on". Yet Sanjeev did Navarathri and became a great friend of the Sivaji family.

Coming back to comparisons can you compare Becket , Pasa Malar and Namak Haram or the Anniversary Waltz by Strauss , Jeena Yahan from Mera Naam Joker and Kaathoduthaan naan [paaduven ??? Did not each delight you in its own unique way ? It did for me. O'Toole and Burton < Sivaji and Gemini , Rajesh and the Big B - all were class acts. In my opinion it is extremely unfair to both Mohan Lal and Kamal if we try to draw comparisons.
Lal's George Kutty was so different from Kamal's Swayambulingam. Did he refer to his ability to constantly keep rising up on his own after each difficult phase in life ? That his chief tormentor is "Perumal" is another autobiographical reference to his personal views - which he freely takes a dig at when he says "Nee enna karuppu chattaya ?" having worn a fluck black shirt earlier in the film. These little references apart....these two characters are as distinct as Chalk and Cheese.

Lal's George Kutty was pretty self assured , a Rock of a man , rarely given to great display of emotion - almost infallible and self assured - not so our Hero - he weeps when the master says Kaiveesamma Kaiveesu and pays his personal encomiums too with the words _ Paasamalar paaerthuttu azhuvaadhavan manusana ?? Or the reference to Padikkaadha Medhai.

When I spoke to Kamal this evening he asked me specifically if I enjoyed the "encomiums to Periyavar" - hence I use the same words. Swayambu is one given to tearing up when his family suffers or is unhappy whereas George becomes the Strong loving father, Both were totally committed to saving their family - there I feel the similarity ends. This helped in the totally oppposing approaches to the Climax.

What a performer ?? What depth ? So much said and yet unsaid. This earlier fallibility and weakness helped in ensuring that this was not over the Top but almost exactly what Swayambhu would have done - NOT GEORGE KUTTY.... but Swayambhu. So let us not compare. There are many parts in the movie where he shows this ever so subtly - watch the scene as he comes out of his house to see off the Police officers who land up there from his daughter's School. He is not fearless but well aware of what the Cops can do. Hence that classic shot of George Kutty on the floor telling his family by signs that he is Ok - even though beaten up is not there - Swayambhu was more frustrated and in pain as he kept bashing the Floor. THEY ARE TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHARACTERS caught in the same web.

Today is Guru Peyarchi - we saw the Guru of Acting move from one house to another - he will continue to move. This was a film where ONLY Kamal the Actor was seen.....as Only Kamal the Actor could have done it.

When we spoke he said it is another version of Mahanadhi , I am telling you because you were part of it - the difference being Mahanadhi left everyone with a heavy heart and this was a feel good film.

My appeal to ACTOR Kamal - while we love all your Avatars we yearn for the Actor to surface more. This happens when you dont take on the burden of Producing?Writing and Directing - so every now and then do delight us with such delectable performances.
I must congratulate Mohan Lal who , by essaying the role, gave this script Life.

The Producers , of the Tamil version , to take a huge risk by choosing such a simple subject most unfilmy.

The entire cast and Team of technicians who have all done a brilliant job.
Finally the Reviewers and the audience for giving this film a total Thumbs Up.

http://mohanramanmuses.blogspot.in/2015/07/in-praise-of-actor-ulaganayakan-take.html?m=1

dell_gt
6th July 2015, 12:08 PM
1. PAPANASAM

Movie
Papanasam Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Jun 29th 2015 to Jul 05th 2015 Week : 1
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 1,34,24,285
Chennai city verdict: Grand Opening
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 273
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 1,34,24,285
Papanasam is being welcomed with wide open arms by all concerned. The opening has been Grand ..

dell_gt
6th July 2015, 12:11 PM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/8750/moviecrow-box-office-report---july-3-to-5

dell_gt
6th July 2015, 12:24 PM
Kamal Hassan’s latest film Papanasam released 3 days back has received huge response from the family audience. The Movie is witnessing Houseful shows everywhere in its first week end. Accordingly to reliable source, Papanasam does wonders at Box Office.

The movie was released in Tamil Nadu in around 410 theatres and 750 worldwide. The first day collection was up to 8 Cr worldwide and the Chennai City Collection alone stands outstanding with 1.34 Cr for its first week end. The film has got enough buzz on the social media before its release.

Papanasam stars Kamal Haasan and Gauthami in the lead roles. Kalabhavan Mani, Asha Sharath, Niveda Thomas, Anant Mahadevan, Baby Esther, Roshan Basheer and Delhi Ganesh play the key roles.

http://www.kollywoodtalks.com/news/papanasam-does-wonders-at-box-office/

avavh3
6th July 2015, 12:25 PM
someone (may be usv) predicted well before release of UV that UV will be ave grosser but PN will be BB. :notworthy:

pl predict for TV too :smile2:

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 12:27 PM
~Papanasam TODAY~ ‏@RelianceEnt 18h18 hours ago

#Mumbai is loving #Papanasam! Most shows were sold out this morning.
Embedded image permalink

dell_gt
6th July 2015, 12:47 PM
~Papanasam TODAY~ ‏@RelianceEnt 18h18 hours ago

#Mumbai is loving #Papanasam! Most shows were sold out this morning.
Embedded image permalink

great going! :)

pushpak
6th July 2015, 12:50 PM
someone (may be usv) predicted well before release of UV that UV will be ave grosser but PN will be BB. :notworthy:

Many of us felt/predicted it.
:-)

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 01:50 PM

It was Pushpak I think...

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 02:08 PM
Papanasam sucess party... personally I don't like KH also getting into these kind of parties..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJN6IFwUsAExbcI.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJN6IJKUsAAlZMP.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJN6IPxVAAA6wim.jpg

Parthyy
6th July 2015, 02:17 PM
PaaPanaawesome - K a m a l h a a s a n:clap::clap: He brought his own flavour total contrast to Mohanlals.

Having watched Dhrishyam already,Still its incredibly brilliant Thriller drama.That Single Stare post digging the body enough Theatre erupted.
Want to watch it again.
Gowthami only felt quite odd ....Meena would have been apt

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 02:21 PM
Already many forces trying to spoil the success of Papanasam ...
Pirated version of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Papanasam’ go online
http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/regional/kamal-haasans-papanasam-hit-by-piracy/

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2015, 02:34 PM
Was really looking forward to the movie based on very good reviews, but for some reasons Cineworld cinemas ( near my town) had limited shows (night shows), hope they change the timings ..

avavh3
6th July 2015, 03:33 PM
its fruit of their labour. i feel there is nothing wrong CR.

ajaybaskar
6th July 2015, 04:01 PM
Papanasam sucess party... personally I don't like KH also getting into these kind of parties..

Success aagudhu. Party vaikkuraanga. Enna thappu? :)

Amarshiva
6th July 2015, 04:36 PM

Thappe Illa.

Watched the movie is Vetri theatre with 4 families together (13 of us ) went all liked it very much. even the small kids.. It's big hit among the family. though i don't like kamalji getting kicks/hit my theatre neigbour just do a Viswaroopam fight out here.. Unbelievable .. Ppl still are raving the Vis fight.. I hope i will be treated very well in Thoongavanam.

Papanasam, nalla magasool.. Best actor award, direct award, bgm all are going to this.. Until thalaivan comes back with thoogavanan or vis2..

I am waiting.. What a performance..

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 04:56 PM

Am fine if it is done after 2 weeks or so.. 3rd day / 2nd day party konjam avasarakudukkai I feel.

NOV
6th July 2015, 05:09 PM
aayiram success paarththa kalaignanikku success party ellaam thEvai illai.... one thing I am extremely happy about :bow: is that Papanasam carries just his name without any supercilious title. :bow:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2015, 05:33 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206275451220918&set=a.10202327954975979.1073741837.1104997241&type=1
Vijayabhaskaran Karunanithi (https://www.facebook.com/Musicallybaskar?fref=photo)

பாபநாசம் படத்தை நான் விழுப்புரம், திரைஅரங்கில் பார்த்தேன், ரஜினி, விஜய், அஜித் படங்களுக்கு அல்லோல படும் தியேட்டர், குடும்பம் குடும்பமாய் கூடி இருந்த அமைதியான கூட்டம் பார்க்கவே கண் கொள்ளா காட்சியா இருந்தது, படத்தில் நெல்லை பாஷை ஆரம்பத்தில் கொஞ்சம் கூர்ந்து கவனிக்க வைத்தாலும், பதினைத்து நிமிடத்தில் அந்த பாஷைக்கு நம்மை சாமர்த்தியமாக பழக்கி விட்டார்கள், சின்ன சின்ன காமடிக்கு சிரிக்கும் போது மட்டுமே நாம் திரை அரங்கில் பெரும் கூட்டத்தோடு உக்காந்து இருப்பது நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது, அதுவும் இறுதி காட்சியில் பிண்ணனி இசை இல்லாமல் கமல் பேசும் அந்த இடம், Pin Drop Silence!

தன் குடும்பமே காப்பாற்ற பட்டதை போல, சந்தோசாமாக மக்கள் கலைகிறார்கள்! மக்களை A, B, C என்று மூன்று தரப்பாக பிரித்து, "இந்த இடத்தில் தான் இந்த படம் வியாபாரமாகும், இந்த தரப்பு மக்கள் தான் படத்தை அங்கீகரிப்பார்கள், "நல்ல படம் எடுத்தேன், ரசிக்க தெரியாத மக்கள்" என்று ஜீனியஸ் தனமாக பேசுவது போன்ற பேச்சுக்களை இனிமேலாவது திரை துறையினர் நிறுத்தி கொள்ள வேண்டும், எல்லோரும் பார்க்கும் நல்ல படம், ரீமேக் பண்ணாலோ, எடுத்தாலோ, அதை என்றுமே மக்கள் அங்கீகரிப்பார்கள்னு, இதை பார்த்தாவது நம்புவார்கள் என்று நம்புவோம்!

திரையில் நாயகனுக்கு சூடம் ஏற்றும் அதே கும்பல் தான் இங்கே பிரார்த்தனை கூட்டத்துக்கு போன மாதிரி அமைதியா இருந்தார்கள் என்பதில் ஆச்சரியம் இல்லை, ஏன்னா இங்க திரை கதை தான் நாயகனே!

கிளப் டான்சையும், பிட்டு படத்தையும் நாங்க கூகிள்ல பார்த்துக்கிறோம், நல்ல கதை கொடுங்கப்பா போதும்!

Cleavage இருந்தா தான் படத்திற்க்கு வருவான்னு தயவு செஞ்சு Underestimate பண்ணாதிங்க!

அப்புறம் ஒரு முக்கியமான விஷியம்,

படத்தில எதிர் விமர்சனம் செய்ய விஷியம் கிடக்கலை"னா, இருப்பதை தான் விமர்சனம் செய்ய முடியும் என்பதை போல, "கமல் படத்தில மிட் நைட் மூவீஸ் பார்கிறாராம், கடைசியில ஒரு பிட்டு படத்தால தான் அவர் வாழ்க்கையே மாறுதாம்" இப்படி ஒரு விமர்சனம் படிச்சேன்!

"ரஞ்சிதாவும், சங்கவியும், மழைல டான்ஸ் ஆடுற பாட்டு வந்தா, கன்னத்தில போட்டு கிட்டு யோக்கியமா சானலை மாற்றிய அந்த உத்தமர்கள் கிட்ட நான் கேக்குறது ஒண்ணே ஒண்ணு தான், Blue Film"க்கும், Hidden Scandal"க்கும், வித்தியாசம் தெரியாம எல்லாத்தையும் "செக்ஸ்"னு ஒரே புள்ளியில் யோசிக்கும் நீங்க தான் சமூகத்துக்கு பிரச்சனையே, இந்த செக்ஸ் ஏதாவது ஒரு விதத்தில் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டு கொண்டே இருக்கும்! ஒரு HD கேமிரா இருந்திருந்தா, கஜுராவோ சிற்பங்களை மாச கணக்கா ஏன் சிற்பி செதுக்கி கொண்டு இருந்திருக்க போறான், சுயமா தெரிஞ்சிக்கணும் என்பதால் தான், அப்பா அம்மா சொல்லி கொடுக்கிற விஷியம் அல்ல அதுவெல்லாம்! ரகசியமா தெரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டியவையும், இன்னொருவர் அனுமதி இல்லாமல் ரகசியமா பதிவு செய்வதும் ஒண்ணு கிடையாது பிரண்ட்ஸ்!

மோகன் லால் கிட்ட இல்லாதது, கமல் கிட்ட எனக்கு ரொம்ப ரொம்ப ரொம்ப பிடித்தது படத்தில் இந்த பார்வை தான்

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2015, 05:39 PM
http://tamil.cinecoffee.com/news/kamals-papanasam-collects-huge-at-box-office/
இப்படம் வெளியான முதல் நாளிலேயே ரூ 8 கோடி வரை வசூலித்து சாதனைப் புரிந்துள்ளது. உலகெங்கும் வெளியான மூன்று நாட்களில் மட்டும் இதுவரை 28 கோடி ரூபாய் வரை வசூலை பெற்றுள்ளதாக தகவல்கள் வந்துள்ளன. தமிழகத்தில் மட்டும் சுமார் 18 கோடியை ‘பாபநாசம்’ வசூலித்துள்ளது.

vs

tamil.filmibeat.com/news/papanasam-3-days-box-office-collection-report-035522.html
சென்னை: கமல்- கவுதமி நடிப்பில் கடந்த வரம் வெளிவந்த பாபநாசம் திரைப்படம் வசூலில் இதுவரை 25 கோடியைத் தாண்டியதாக தியேட்டர் வட்டாரங்கள் தெரிவிக்கின்றன.

hehe! thatsdubakoor! ;) ;-)

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 05:41 PM
aayiram success paarththa kalaignanikku success party ellaam thEvai illai.... one thing I am extremely happy about :bow: is that Papanasam carries just his name without any supercilious title. :bow:

Padatthil endha aarppattamum illaamal nadikkap pogiraar enbadharkaana chinna signal thaan adhu saar!!

Adox
6th July 2015, 05:44 PM
Am fine if it is done after 2 weeks or so.. 3rd day / 2nd day party konjam avasarakudukkai I feel.

Yep, agree. Success parties so quickly has a bad reputation .. akin to a movie thats not performing. No hurry for a success party.

Adox
6th July 2015, 05:45 PM
"Papanasam hasn't been given the entertainment tax exemption in Tamil Nadu but the producers are pleased with the reviews and response from the audience. Stay tuned for the Tamil Nadu opening figures."

Why ? Is politics rearing its ugly head again ? There's nothing in the movie to not get an exemption.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th July 2015, 06:03 PM
Yep, agree. Success parties so quickly has a bad reputation .. akin to a movie thats not performing. No hurry for a success party.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/34176/cinema/Kollywood/Papanasam-team-celebrated-the-success.htm?device=fb

ஒரு படம் உண்மையான வெற்றி பெற்றால் அவர்களே வெற்றியைக் கொண்டாடிக் கொள்வார்கள். ஆனால், வெற்றி பெற திணறிக் கொண்டிருந்தால்
பத்திரிகையளார்களை அழைத்து படம் வெற்றி என மக்களுக்கு சொல்லச் சொல்வார்கள். அந்த வகையில் பாபநாசம் படக் குழுவினர் படத்தின் வெற்றியை
பத்திரிகையாளர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளாமல், அவர்களுக்குள்ளாகவே கொண்டாடிக் கொண்டுள்ளார்கள்.

hope this answers! ;) ;-)

dell_gt
6th July 2015, 06:03 PM
Papanasam' is a hit...collections speak

Super actor Kamal Haasan’s latest release ‘Papanasam’ did not release amid huge expectation common for any other Kamal film. The disappointment caused by ‘Uttama Villain’ that released a couple of months ago may have been the reason for this. However ‘Papanasam’ has proved only the quality is the greatest determinant of success of any film.

As the first show of the film was screened on Thursday evening in overseas theatres and Friday morning in Tamil Nadu every review one could come across claimed that the Jeetu Joseph directorial was nothing short of "awesome". This had lifted the expectation for the film among youngsters as well as family audience and the remaining shows of the first three days ran to packed houses.

This has fetched the film a whopping worldwide collection of Rs.23 crores in the first three days. In Chennai city alone the family thriller flick has netted Rs. 1.5 crores in the first weekend and the collection in Tamil Nadu stands at Rs.15 crores.

This may not be termed as a record collection as earlier Kamal Haasan starrers have made more collections than this. But the success of ‘Papanasam’ stands yet another testimony to what positive word of mouth can do for a film. Moreover the film is expected to garner more collection in crores in the next few days.

dell_gt
6th July 2015, 06:06 PM
Papanasam' is a hit...collections speak

Super actor Kamal Haasan’s latest release ‘Papanasam’ did not release amid huge expectation common for any other Kamal film. The disappointment caused by ‘Uttama Villain’ that released a couple of months ago may have been the reason for this. However ‘Papanasam’ has proved only the quality is the greatest determinant of success of any film.

As the first show of the film was screened on Thursday evening in overseas theatres and Friday morning in Tamil Nadu every review one could come across claimed that the Jeetu Joseph directorial was nothing short of "awesome". This had lifted the expectation for the film among youngsters as well as family audience and the remaining shows of the first three days ran to packed houses.

This has fetched the film a whopping worldwide collection of Rs.23 crores in the first three days. In Chennai city alone the family thriller flick has netted Rs. 1.5 crores in the first weekend and the collection in Tamil Nadu stands at Rs.15 crores.

This may not be termed as a record collection as earlier Kamal Haasan starrers have made more collections than this. But the success of ‘Papanasam’ stands yet another testimony to what positive word of mouth can do for a film. Moreover the film is expected to garner more collection in crores in the next few days.

but oversea collection in UK and US, very moderate only.. in TamilNadu rock solid

ajaybaskar
6th July 2015, 06:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hND75HPyKcQ

Adox
6th July 2015, 06:08 PM
but oversea collection in UK and US, very moderate only.. in TamilNadu rock solid

Yes dell_gt .. disappointed with US collections so far. Hope it continues to run for a few more weeks. But domestic collections rock.

Adox
6th July 2015, 06:12 PM
I think papanasam would have almost recovered its costs and marching toward superhit or blockbuster status. About 24c total so far. Although unfair to compare collections with Drishyam, just happened to see it ...

Papanasam First Three Days Box Office Collections: Achieves Half Of Drishyam's Total Gross!

Looks like Kamal Haasan's persuasion with content driven films is finally bearing the fruit called money as the first three days(weekend) box office collections of Papanasam is reportedly impressive. Sadly, the 'Ulaganayagan' is not known for his box office records, not at least when he delivers a content based movie. But thanks to Papanasam's strong theme, the film has reportedly grossed ₹1.34 crore from its first three days in Chennai alone. While it was anticipated that the movie might collect close to 8 crores from the whole of Tamil Nadu, it has exceeded the expectations by a long way, collecting an impressive ₹14.7 crore, according to a trade source. From the remaining parts of India, the mystery-thriller has grossed ₹2.25 crore and the contribution from foreign countries stands at ₹5.45 crore. Considering that the film was released in only 750 screens worldwide, the total weekend collections of Papanasam which amounts to ₹22.4 crore (approx) is a phenomenal record for any Tamil movie, let alone a non-commercial flick. It is also to be noted that the original film Drishyam starring Mohanlal had grossed ₹6.7 crore worldwide, from its first eight days.

Read more at: http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/2015/papanasam-box-office-collections-weekend-first-three-days-total-worldwide-collections-189503.html

RAGHAVENDRA
6th July 2015, 06:14 PM
எத்தனை யுகங்களானாலும் திரையரங்கிற்கு தாய் தந்தை குழந்தைகள் என குடும்பம் குடும்பமாக வரவழைக்கும் ஆகர்ண சக்தி படைத்த ஒரே நடிகர், நடிகர் திலகம் என்பதை 2012ல் கர்ணன் மூலமும், 2015ல் சிவாஜி ரசிகராக நடித்த கமல் மூலமும் நிரூபணமாகியுள்ளது. எத்தனையோ ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு, ஒரு புதுப்படத்திற்கு மக்கள் தங்கள் குழந்தைகளோடு வரத் தொடங்கியுள்ளனர். பாபநாசம் படம் ஓடும் திரையரங்கா அல்லது ஏதேனும் குடும்ப விழாவா என மக்கள் வியப்படையும் வண்ணம் குடும்பத்தோடு வரத் தொடங்கியிருப்பது, நடிகர் திலகத்தின் வீச்சு எந்த அளவிற்கு மக்களிடம் ஊடுருவியுள்ளது, அவர் பாணி படங்கள் எத்தனை யுகங்களானாலும் மக்களால் வரவேற்கப் படும் என்பதையெல்லாம் ஆணித்தரமாக எடுத்தியம்பியுள்ளன.

பிரம்மாண்டத்தை விட, பொழுதுபோக்கு அம்சங்களை விட, மக்களின் உள் மனதில் ஊடுருவி அவர்களுடைய கஷ்டங்களையும் சுகங்களையும் தன்னோடு சேர்ந்து உணரவைப்பதில் தான் ஒரு திரைப்படத்தின் வெற்றியும் அந்த நடிகனின் வெற்றியும் அடங்கியுள்ளது என்பதைத் தன் படங்களின் மூலம் நிரூபித்த நடிகர் திலகத்தின் இந்த பாணி இன்னும் பல நூற்றாண்டுகளுக்கு செல்லுபடியாகும் என்பதை மக்கள் பாபநாசம் படம் மூலம் அழுத்தமாகக் கூறியுள்ளனர்.

கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய பாதை, கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய தூரம், கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய வேகம், அனைத்தையும் பாபநாசம் திட்டவட்டமாகக் கூறிவிட்டது.

என்னாளும் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் பாதை வெற்றிப்பாதை என்பதை மீண்டும் நிரூபித்துக் காட்டிய ரசிகர்களுக்கும் பொதுமக்களுக்கும் உலகெங்கிலும் உள்ள கோடிக்கணக்கான சிவாஜி ரசிகர்களின் சார்பில் உளமார்ந்த நன்றி.

இவ்வெற்றிக்குப் பின்னால் உள்ள உழைப்பிற்கு, குறிப்பாக அன்புச் சகோதரர் கமலின் நடிப்பிற்கும், ஜீது ஜோசப்பின் இயக்கத்திற்கும் மற்ற அனைத்துக் கலைஞர்களுக்கும் என் உளமார்ந்த பாராட்டுக்கள்.

தமிழ் சினிமா எந்த திசையில் பயணிக்கிறது என்பதே தெரியாமல் இருந்த நேரத்தில் அதை சரியான திசையில் திருப்பி விட்ட பெருமையை பாபநாசம் பெறுகிறது. இவ்வெற்றியின் பின்னால் உள்ள ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

dell_gt
6th July 2015, 06:17 PM
Yes dell_gt .. disappointed with US collections so far. Hope it continues to run for a few more weeks. But domestic collections rock.

wondering if this because larger group already seen Drishyam in oversea or #UV impact

Adox
6th July 2015, 06:25 PM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/34176/cinema/Kollywood/Papanasam-team-celebrated-the-success.htm?device=fb

hope this answers! ;) ;-)

Yes, clarification makes sense .. but first impression of a success party too fast that I've criticized myself ;)

irir123
6th July 2015, 06:56 PM
After 'Nayagan', 'Mahanadhi, and 'Thevar Magan' - a Kamal film thats getting a solid run only through WOM !

Have to wait until Thursday for my turn to watch - ippave kai kaalellaam udharudhu in anticipation!

Cinefan
6th July 2015, 07:32 PM
After 'Nayagan', 'Mahanadhi, and 'Thevar Magan' - a Kamal film thats getting a solid run only through WOM !

Have to wait until Thursday for my turn to watch - ippave kai kaalellaam udharudhu in anticipation!

irir,

The role is a cake walk for actor Kamal. This is not a role you would call challenging.The film is more a success for the writer/director and actor Kamal elevated it to a very high zone

This film will look okayish for the admirer/fan of the Guna, Mahanadhi, Hey Ram,UV kind of films.

At the same time he is terrific in the role and I personally loved him playing a simple man very casually.

For me,who avoided watching Drishyam when I came to know that KH is playing it in Tamil,it's a satisfactory film both as a fan and looking at the common audience feedback.

My parents ventured into a theatre after 7 years and they loved it.The buzz from the audience after the show ended,the claps for the now famous 'Expression",the claps at the actual revelation,the claps at the emotional outburst at the climax and when the end titles start rolling,all these were : goosebump: moments for the fan boy in me.

Since he is already 60,he needs such films,one every year so that he gets the investments for his off-beat-within-commercial-format films.

He has reportedly told(not exact words) that PN for him is a lesson that some times an outside perspective(this case Jeetu Joseph)is required.

I just hope these are not words-for-effect but he starts implementing them by working on interesting scripts even if the role per-se is not going to challenge him.

PN is a kind of reiteration that if KH wants,he can get the common man to flock to the theatres and all the talk of him having lost the common audience permanently is bunkum.

It's also a reiteration that after 42 + years as an adult actor,playing possibly all kinds of roles,he can still conjure up fresh actions/reactions to common situations in a film.

He is still a Class act when he carries no baggage and in that kind of form,it's impossible for anyone,repeat anyone, to come anywhere close to him.

Arvind Srinivasan
6th July 2015, 07:35 PM
irir,

The role is a cake walk for actor Kamal. This is not a role you would call challenging.The film is more a success for the writer/director and actor Kamal elevated it to a very high zone

This film will look okayish for the admirer/fan of the Guna, Mahanadhi, Hey Ram,UV kind of films.

At the same time he is terrific in the role and I personally loved him playing a simple man very casually.

For me,who avoided watching Drishyam when I came to know that KH is playing it in Tamil,it's a satisfactory film both as a fan and looking at the common audience feedback.

My parents ventured into a theatre after 7 years and they loved it.The buzz after the show ended from the audience,the claps for the now famous 'Expression",the claps at the actual revelation,the claps at the emotional outburst at the climax and when the end titles start rolling,all these were : goosebump: moments for the fan boy in me.

Since he is already 60,he needs such films,one every year so that he gets the investments for his off-beat-within-commercial-format films.

He has reportedly told(not exact words) that PN for him is a lesson that some times an outside perspective(this case Jeetu Joseph)is required.

I just hope these are not words-for-effect but he starts implementing them by working on interesting scripts even if the role per-se is not going to challenge him.

PN is a kind of reiteration that if KH wants,he can get the common man to flock to the theatres and all the talk of him having lost the common audience permanently is bunkum.

It's also a reiteration that after 42 + years as an adult actor,playing possibly all kinds of roles,he can still conjure up fresh actions/reactions to common situations in a film.

He is still a Class act when he carries no baggage and in that kind of form,it's impossible for anyone,repeat anyone, to come anywhere close to him.

Oh! Please. I for one would love for this to happen. As much as I am a fan of the man's literary skills and his exploits as a filmmaker, I got drawn in first only by his acting

vidyasakaran
6th July 2015, 07:42 PM

It was only about the decision to cast Gowtami, I think.

Adox
6th July 2015, 07:44 PM
wondering if this because larger group already seen Drishyam in oversea or #UV impact

Actually you may be right. A few friends whom I asked did not show as much enthu to watch it opening weekend. And said they already have seen Drishyam so no hurry. But still the day I was in the theater, it was close to full occupancy .. We'll see how it does with WOM being strong.

Cinefan
6th July 2015, 07:48 PM
Oh! Please. I for one would love for this to happen. As much as I am a fan of the his literary skills and his exploits as a filmmaker, I got drawn in first only by his acting

Same here Arvind. Moondram Pirai paarthu fan aanavan naan,32 years aachu :)

Problem is I think he doesnt feel challenged by scripts offered to him and hence takes it upon himself to write.

Then he gets one of his gang to direct as he wants to be in control of that script.

By challenging himself,the scripts get complex and alienates the common man.

He should continue to write,no doubt,but once in a while spend 40 to 50 days shooting an overall interesting film in a role which probably is not going to test you but one which you could still elevate with your natural skills.

Cinefan
6th July 2015, 07:48 PM
It was only about the decision to cast Gowtami, I think.

Am not sure what he was referring to.

Cinefan
6th July 2015, 07:52 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/kamal-haasan-talks-about-papanasam/article7383797.ece?ref=topnavwidget&utm_source=topnavdd&utm_medium=topnavdropdownwidget&utm_campaign=topnavdropdown

"Now that I’ve seen the film, I can confidently say that she’s perfect in the role. This also made me realise that no matter how experienced one is in the film industry, an outside perspective (Jeethu’s, in this case) can sometimes be a great thing.”

Yes,referring to Gauthami but still holds good overall,that is if he recognizes it

irir123
6th July 2015, 09:19 PM
Cinefan - Kamal - like IR - sets very high standards for his craft - unlike IR who works behind the screen, Kamal has to be seen in a film, coz he is an unwitting star...

Given this standard he has set for himself, unless a script comes along that interests him, he is not going to accept it - with the exceptions being KSR etc..

I wonder what someone like KSR would say about talents like Jeethu Joseph...

Adox
6th July 2015, 10:12 PM
U.S. and Canada Box Office
Weekend of Jul. 03, 2015 -Jul. 05, 2015

Papanasam Prime Media Pictures $235,000(weekend gross) $273,000(cumulative gross) 1wkend 80(theaters)

Source NY times.

Seems like it did better on Sunday than other days. Hoping it does well for the next couple of weeks ...

Girish11
6th July 2015, 10:30 PM
It's Saturday not Sunday....Wonder why the movie's just doing average business....Guess people are waiting for a good quality online version....You can get them legally you know through Tentkotta et al....

Hi Arvind

Is the legal print really available on Tentkotta or some other site?? I just tried opening Tentkotta page but the page does not open at this moment, will keep trying
but it will be great for people like me who have no source of watching it other than Tentkotta type of sites so if you have any further info, please give, thanks.

Arvind Srinivasan
6th July 2015, 10:42 PM
^ Not yet...Probably in a few weeks. A good number of student friends use tentkotta. They don't mind waiting for the movies to release online and also find it inexpensive since they share the monthly membership amongst themselves.

Cinemarasigan
6th July 2015, 10:54 PM
irir,

My parents ventured into a theatre after 7 years and they loved it.The buzz from the audience after the show ended,the claps for the now famous 'Expression",the claps at the actual revelation,the claps at the emotional outburst at the climax and when the end titles start rolling,all these were : goosebump: moments for the fan boy in me.

Good post CF... Papanasam made u writing a long post like this...

I too like to see him acting in others scripts often... He is an excellent writer, no doubt but need to act in other directors movie as well.

Girish11
6th July 2015, 10:56 PM
^ Not yet...Probably in a few weeks. A good number of student friends use tentkotta. They don't mind waiting for the movies to release online and also find it inexpensive since they share the monthly membership amongst themselves.

Thanks Arvind, same here, usually wait for good prints and then watch the movies, but for this one - very desperate to watch it soon :) You can also recomment Herotalkies.com to your friends, it has a collection of over 200 movies and has good prints, watched UV recently on herotalkies, can purchase individual movie or subscribe on monthly basis

Arvind Srinivasan
6th July 2015, 11:12 PM
Thanks Arvind, same here, usually wait for good prints and then watch the movies, but for this one - very desperate to watch it soon :) You can also recomment Herotalkies.com to your friends, it has a collection of over 200 movies and has good prints, watched UV recently on herotalkies, can purchase individual movie or subscribe on monthly basis

Sure. I will. Thank you

venkkiram
7th July 2015, 09:16 AM
ஏலே என்ன கிண்டலா! ஒங்களுக்கெல்லாம் படாத எடத்துல பந்துபட்ட மாதிரி ஆளு டான்ஸ் ஆட்னா புடிக்கும்! செவத்துப் பயபுள்ள! நீயெல்லாம் சிவாஜி பத்தி!

venkkiram
7th July 2015, 09:17 AM
"ஒம்ம கடையில டீயத் தவிர ஒன்னும் வேண்டாம்!"
"ஆஹா! சம்முக அண்ணாச்சி! அறிவாளி! சின்னபுள்ளைலேர்ந்து பாத்துட்டுருக்கேன் இந்த லட்ட! ஏலே வாபோம்!"

ajaybaskar
7th July 2015, 10:13 AM
How different is Papanasam when compared to Drishyam?

JULY 5, 2015 (https://chennaikat.wordpress.com/2015/07/05/how-different-is-papanasam-when-compared-to-drishyam/) / KARTHIK SUBRAMANIAN (https://chennaikat.wordpress.com/author/karthiksubramanian/)
https://chennaikat.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/papanasam-movie-stills-4.jpg?w=676&h=451 (https://chennaikat.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/papanasam-movie-stills-4.jpg)
This apple was a bit hard to resist: just how different is the original Drishyam to Papanasam, and how different was Mohanlal’s performance to Kamal’s?
(( Spoilers ahead: If you have not seen Papanasam yet, please do so at the theatre first. ))
Many reviewers, recounting purely from their memory, have said Papanasam stays true to the original. Even I wrote that in my blog, but after watching it again just now, I have to say there are more differences that I had originally thought.
1. The screenplay: This is a bit of a surprise. But there are some poignant moments in the first half of Drishyam focussed on the lead pair of George Kutty and Rani (played by Meena) that have been chopped in the Tamil version. A segment that offers some insight into George Kutty’s pysche where he wants his daughters to continue in a local school against the “better English Medium” school that Rani wants is missing in Papanasam. And some exchanges that George Kutty has with his father-in-law, that establishes well his middle class moorings are missing. There is a delightful scene in which George Kutty complains that Rani keeps buying utensils that she never uses. Delhi Ganesh makes just a fleeting appearance as Suyambulingam’s father-in-law.
Also, there is a subtle difference in how Drishyam shows Anju’s attack on Varun. It shows an enraged Anju directly striking at his head. Whereas in Papanasam, Selvi targets his hand but inadvertently ends up striking his head. (This is used as a device in the climax scene, in Suyambulingam’s dialogues.)
But the biggest change in Papanasam is the interval block. In Drishyam, which runs at around 2 hrs 46 mins (15 minutes shorter than Papanasam that clocks 3 hrs 1 min), the interval comes just after the first hour mark, with George Kutty returning home and discovering what had transpired that fateful night. The interval credits appear with him standing near the compost pit. The tone of the movie changes exactly at this point.
But in Papanasam, the interval block is more or less at the mid-point.
It works better in Drishyam, in my opinion, because what happens in the genre-altering second half works better as one continous block.
2. The pacing: Drishyam moves at a much slower pace in the first few minutes especially. This seems to be a deliberate device used by Jeethu Joseph that actually helps build pace through the second half. George Kutty’s introduction is a lot less flamboyant than Suyambulingam’s, and the story itself appears very laidback in the first half. Papanasam, on the other hand, tries to bristle a bit more with its humour.
https://chennaikat.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/papanasam-movie-stills-8.jpg?w=676&h=451 (https://chennaikat.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/papanasam-movie-stills-8.jpg)
3. The performances (of everyone else): Twenty minutes into Drishyam, one thing is very clear. Leaving aside the legends, most actors have put in a much better performance than compared to what we see in Papanasam. Meena is pretty brilliant, and also perhaps benefits from the scripts that allows for a bit more nuance than what at least the end product of Papanasam seems to have allowed Gautami Tadimalla. There are more scenes that establish her as a concerned mother, and she has generally too put out a far better performance.
The antagonist Constable Mahadevan in Drishyam is played by Kalabhavan Shajon, who I gather was a comedian that Jeethu identified to play the role of the villain for the first time. His performance is a lot different than what we get from Kalabhavan Mani in Papanasam. Shajon is not menacing by any stretch, though he does bring out his grudge at George Kutty adequately. It is not an “in your face” kind of performance. Kalabhavan Mani, on the hand, has a very strong body language that oozes brings out a bit of menace even in sequences that just required him to just be a bit more calm.
And one other actor who has scored in Drishyam over his counterpart in Papanasam is the person who plays the tea shop owner (Kozhikode Narayanan Nair, who I have absolutely no idea about). He just seems more at ease than M.S.Baskar in Papanasam.
That said, in Papanasam, Anant Mahadevan has put out a far superior performance to the role portrayed by Siddique in Drishyam. This is especially true in that unforgettable last scene, where he is the perfect foil to Kamal.
And Asha Sarath too has put in a better performance, in my opinion, in Papanasam. It could be because she has already played it twice, and was able to emote better.
https://chennaikat.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/mohanlal.jpg?w=676&h=451 (https://chennaikat.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/mohanlal.jpg)
4. Techniques: Though we have the same editor and cinematographer in Ayub Khan and Sujjith Vaasudev, the end product in Papanasam is slightly different. There are far more shots closing in on Suyambulingam’s eyes and it almost feels like the Tamil version was slightly dumbed down in trying to explain the plot points for the audience.
5. Mohanlal vs Kamal: And now to the juicy bit. I wont go into who was better, but just how the two legends had approached it differently.
Mohanlal’s George Kutty and Kamal’s Suyambulingam are poles apart. Both actors have internalised the script well but have approached it from very different points, which probably says a little bit about their preparations for the character of a small town middle class father.
Mohanlal’s George Kutty is a slightly short-tempered man who does not display his emotions easily. He plays it a bit nagging, as one that does not shy away from a fight and is very nearly adamant. George Kutty sheds tears too, but silently almost in a manner that attempts to belie the sense of vulnerability.
Kamal’s Suyambulingam, on the other hand, is all heart, a bit of a romantic and is highly emotional. He cries when watching the black and white Sivaji Ganesan starrer ‘Paasa Malargal’ and in a bit of foreshadowing for what is to follow, says “Paasa Malargal paathu azhaathavalam manushana?” (A person who does not shed tears while watching ‘Paasa Malargal’ is not human.) At this point, the cable TV assistant reiterates the point that Suyambulingam is highly emotional. He says “Neenga Sivaji Ganesan paera potta odaneye azhuthurupeengaley” (“You would have cried as soon as you saw Sivaji Ganesan’s name in the title cards.”)
George Kutty is a man of habit and does not want to be drawn into conversations. At his home, he switches off the lights where they are unnecessary but does not have to say a word. He plays it in a way, where it is almost a natural impulse.
Suyambulingam, on the other hand, is a motor mouth. He necessarily has to point out and speak his mind.
The contrasts are wonderful, and are probably also indicative of some cultural differences. Just studying how these actors have brought out the nuances is almost like a master class in cinema acting.
During the course of their investigation, when the police strikes his family, George Kutty shows more defiance and even tries to take on Constable Mahadevan. But Kamal’s Suyambulingam endures a lot more pain, and this is shown physically as well when Constable Perumal dislodges one of his fingers.
6. THAT LAST SCENE: Where Drishyam and Papanasam are most different from one another is in that incredible last scene.
In Drishyam, George Kutty is both repentant and defiant at the same time. He gives the former IG Geetha Prabakhar and her husband an indirect answer to their question on the fate of Varun and even while he asks for forgiveness, he is not overwhelmed by guilt. His body language is stiff here, almost as if he is frozen. He holds his hands together in a frozen posture, as Geetha Prabhakar and her husband leave.
In Papanasam, Suyambulingam is overwhelmed by guilt and as he makes a more earnest attempt to tell the truth, he loses cohesiveness even while mumbling “ava kai thavari thappu nadathuduthu” (She hit by mistake). (This was facilitated by the change in the screenplay I referred to earlier.) Kamal’s body language takes a different tenor here. He is trembling and shaking, almost like he is begging for forgiveness.
Both Mohanlal and Kamal has made Drishyam and Papanasam one of their career bests, and any discussion on trying to argue which was better will only be a waste of time.

joe
7th July 2015, 10:19 AM
"உங்களுக்கு கேவியஸ் காப்பஸ் தெரியுமா?"

"ஏய் ..கடப்படறத்துக்காரங்க பேரு மாரில்லா இருக்கு ..யாரது"

- ultimate one from Jayamohan

Cinemarasigan
7th July 2015, 10:22 AM
கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய பாதை, கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய தூரம், கமல் இனி பயணிக்க வேண்டிய வேகம், அனைத்தையும் பாபநாசம் திட்டவட்டமாகக் கூறிவிட்டது.

True. Going by his next movie Toongaavanam, looks like another thriller. If he make changes to the script like he did for PN and make it a bit emotional , it may be suiting again.

Cinemarasigan
7th July 2015, 11:41 AM
Not for comparison.. interesting screenshots..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJSWGmRUYAAhqO2.jpg

Cinemarasigan
7th July 2015, 11:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJSFswlUwAAtCtG.jpg

ajaybaskar
7th July 2015, 12:13 PM
One interesting aspect in the post that i last shared is the 'Interval Point'. It comes around 1 hrs 15 min in Drishyam and nearly halfway in Papanasam. It was better in the original because it comes at a point where the audience is left wondering what's gonna happen next.

Cinemarasigan
7th July 2015, 12:34 PM
Some more "Malai" added after knowing abt the success :lol:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJStcdIVAAACQQn.jpg

Cinemarasigan
7th July 2015, 12:36 PM
One interesting aspect in the post that i last shared is the 'Interval Point'. It comes around 1 hrs 15 min in Drishyam and nearly halfway in Papanasam. It was better in the original because it comes at a point where the audience is left wondering what's gonna happen next.

Not sure whether it was KH's idea or Director's decision on the interval...

ajaybaskar
7th July 2015, 12:39 PM
Not sure whether it was KH's idea or Director's decision on the interval...

In Tamil, the film has two equal halves. I guess its the only reason behind that decision to change the interval block

Cinemarasigan
7th July 2015, 12:55 PM
"உங்களுக்கு கேவியஸ் காப்பஸ் தெரியுமா?"

"ஏய் ..கடப்படறத்துக்காரங்க பேரு மாரில்லா இருக்கு ..யாரது"

- ultimate one from Jayamohan

:lol: I busted out laughing for this in Theater.. my wife was saying - podhum nirutthunga,, ellaarum ungalayae paakkuranga..

vidyasakaran
7th July 2015, 01:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/cjsfswluwaatctg.jpg

பிற்போக்கு சிந்தனை! போட்டானே ஒரு போடு! :d

Shanker
7th July 2015, 03:48 PM
Did anyone make any connection with the BGM to Game of Thrones title music right after Varun got hit? The part between after he got hit and when the daughter takes her first strike at the phone. This was all in slowmotion. Something made me connect both for some reason.

The movie was brilliant. The first 45 minutes was slow and relaxed and I guess that is needed to establish the type of character Syambulingam is and how he treats family. But after that point, it just steamrolls ahead to that beautiful ending. Kamal was extraordinary, especially in that final scene when he explains to Varun's parents what happened. The trembling, the body language, the eyes, they were all spot on perfect. I had goosebumps watching that scene. Although I had never watched the original, I am sure Mohanlal brought his own trademark into that movie as well. Overally, I enjoyed this so much more than KH's last venture.

Cinemarasigan
7th July 2015, 04:01 PM
ஆனை பாதையிலே வாழை போட்டா அது வந்து திங்காம கூட வந்து விவசாயமடே பார்க்கும்... :d:

PARAMASHIVAN
7th July 2015, 04:06 PM
For some reasons Cineworld Cinemas had more shows for UV than "papanasam", was really looking forward to watching it on big screen, but late night shows are making it difficult that too on working days ! :| , hope they do not do that for Viswa2 !

dell_gt
7th July 2015, 04:31 PM
Not sure y 21 screens only, actual screen around 80

Tamil film "Papanasam" has done fantastic collection and has topped the business chart in Malaysia as it did not have any competitor there. The Kamal Haasan starrer has collected MYR 233,178 (₹39.15 lakh) from 21 screens at the Malaysia box office in its opening weekend.

dell_gt
7th July 2015, 04:34 PM
'Vishwaroopam 2' will showcase my range as actor: Ananth Mahadevan
IANS | Chennai Jul 07, 2015 03:26 PM IST

Actor-filmmaker Ananth Mahadevan, whose performance in Kamal Haasan-starrer Tamil drama "Papanasam" impressed critics and audiences alike, says his role in upcoming thriller "Vishwaroopam 2" will prove his versatility.

"Post the release of 'Papanasam', everybody has been asking me if I'll do more Tamil films. I'd love to but I'm eagerly looking forward to the release of 'Vishwaroopam 2', in which I play a character with grey shades. It will showcase my range as an actor," Mahadevan told IANS.

"These two roles are two extremes. In 'Vishwaroopam 2', I play a sly, conniving bureaucrat, whereas in 'Papanasam', I'm the father who doesn't know where to look for his missing son. I want audiences to see the different kind of roles I can portray," he said.

Known for his work predominantly in Bollywood, Ananth thanks Kamal for introducing him in southern cinema.

"Kamal is totally responsible for this. Post 'Vishwaroopam 2', he had even offered me a role in 'Uttama Villain', which I couldn't take up because I was busy with another project. And even when 'Papanasam' was offered, I was busy but they were kind enough to adjust the dates for me," he said.

Though "Vishwaroopam 2" was his southern debut, Ananth almost did Mani Ratnam's "Thiruda Thiruda".

"I was signed for the project. They even got my costumes ready, but I don't know why I was replaced by S.P. Balasubrahmanyam at the last minute. Since then, whenever I've met Ratnam, I assured him I'm not a bad actor. I hope he watches 'Papanasam'," he said.

His performance in Jeethu Joseph-directed "Papanasam", a remake of Malayalam blockbuster "Drishyam", has been getting rave reviews.

Some even said he matched Kamal's performance in the climax, which has won Ananth a lot of appreciation from Tamil audiences on social media.

"I'd be lying if I say I'm not on cloud nine. I worked extremely hard for that scene and started preparing my lines even before we started shooting," said Ananth, who doesn't like to be prompted dialogues on sets.

"I was hell bent that I'd not take prompting on the sets. In fact, when my co-stars were being prompted by the assistant directors, I was very disturbed because it was eating into my concentration and focus. Prompting is like going to a church where you're made to repeat everything the pastor says," he said.

But Ananth doesn't like to take full credit for the climax scene and says it was a collaborative effort with Kamal.

"Having an actor like Kamal Haasan in front, emoting in front of him actually helped me. We mutually helped each other to get the best out of us for the scene. If people have felt both matched each other's performance, I think it's because of the wavelength we share," he said.

http://wap.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/vishwaroopam-2-will-showcase-my-range-as-actor-ananth-mahadevan-115070700630_1.html

romio
7th July 2015, 05:52 PM
offtopic but intresting - list of some Lalettan Hits in other languages http://www.plumeriamovies.com/list-of-55-remakes-of-mohanlal-movies/

NOV
7th July 2015, 06:02 PM
Not sure y 21 screens only, actual screen around 80

Tamil film "Papanasam" has done fantastic collection and has topped the business chart in Malaysia as it did not have any competitor there. The Kamal Haasan starrer has collected MYR 233,178 (₹39.15 lakh) from 21 screens at the Malaysia box office in its opening weekend.as always, only GSC and TGV account for the BO. LFS and others do not reveal.

dell_gt
7th July 2015, 06:22 PM
as always, only GSC and TGV account for the BO. LFS and others do not reveal.

ooh dint know about that.. LFS :)

dell_gt
7th July 2015, 06:23 PM
offtopic but intresting - list of some Lalettan Hits in other languages http://www.plumeriamovies.com/list-of-55-remakes-of-mohanlal-movies/

wow!!!

dell_gt
7th July 2015, 06:57 PM
Bcinema ‏@BcinemaFrance 32m32 minutes ago
#Papanasam 2nd Week in France Good Responce Running Well !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJUCHUzWcAAbrCU.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th July 2015, 07:24 PM
#Papanasam (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Papanasam?src=hash) worldwide 4 days collection 41 Cr

http://www.boxofficehits.in/collection/papanasam-1st-weekend-collection-3rd-day-4th-day-total-collection.html (http://t.co/8Zk5csmE3V) …

:clap::clap:

dell_gt
7th July 2015, 07:42 PM
Perth Tamil Movies ‏@PerthTamilMovie 10h10 hours ago
#Papanasam Super Hit in Australia. ONLY Kamal can Pull such a crowd on weekdays Almost Housefull tonight in Sydney.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJSOa6NUsAA6ceM.png

Adox
7th July 2015, 07:57 PM
'Vishwaroopam 2' will showcase my range as actor: Ananth Mahadevan
http://wap.business-standard.com/article/news-ians/vishwaroopam-2-will-showcase-my-range-as-actor-ananth-mahadevan-115070700630_1.html

Good one. But will VR-2 ever happen ? Not sure when Aascar will give a go ahead for it considering his financials.

NOV
7th July 2015, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuuX2j14NBg

Adox
7th July 2015, 08:09 PM
Sitting pretty .. must have completely recovered initial costs.

PARAMASHIVAN
7th July 2015, 08:13 PM
Ajay Devgan on par with Mohan Lal and Kamal Hassan :shock: it will turn out to be a comedy show in the Hindi version ....This is not SINGAM or SINGAM 2 !

irir123
7th July 2015, 08:15 PM

KSR pondror kaadhula poi idha kottunga! ellam avinga pandra attagasam thaan indha peru/title vaikkaradhu, punch dialog vacchu tamil cinemava naaradikkaradhu etc etc

irir123
7th July 2015, 08:16 PM

what is this comedy? avaru nethhu madhiyam chinna vengaya sambhar sothhoda pisanju saapputtaaraam - as celebration - adhukkum threadla discussion nadakkumaa?

NOV
7th July 2015, 08:21 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10866215_1456087358019682_3156610294849800796_o.jp g

avavh3
7th July 2015, 08:26 PM
Ajay Devgan on par with Mohan Lal and Kamal Hassan :shock: it will turn out to be a comedy show in the Hindi version ....This is not SINGAM or SINGAM 2 !

see hum dil de chuke sanam. he is seasoned actor unfortunate enough to be neglected by kingdom of khans

irir123
7th July 2015, 08:30 PM

Ajay Devgan is in no way the same league as KH or ML - absolutely not!

However, having said that, AD is far better than the Ranbirs et al in Bollywood - or for that matter he is better than other biggies in the South!

At least AD has been choosing his projects carefully - he did a fabulous job in Apaharan - he definitely is/was one of the better bets in Bollywood to play such a role - Pankaj Kapur or Naseerudin Shah would have been better fits but considering the age and market factor, AD is a good choice

Adox
7th July 2015, 08:31 PM

Not really Params ... Ajay D. has given some serious roles as well - just not the same league as Kamal and Mohanlal. And dont underestimate hindi audience. Their coverage is much more than Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada all put together. The trailer hit about 5 million views about 4 times more than tamil.

irir123
7th July 2015, 08:33 PM
Not really Params ... Ajay D. has given some serious roles as well - just not the same league as Kamal and Mohanlal. And dont underestimate hindi audience. Their coverage is much more than Tamil/Hindi/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada all put together. The trailer hit about 5 million views about 4 times more than tamil.

AD is hugely popular in the BIMARU states - plus he is seasoned and far more smarter in his role choices than other biggies in the South..

ajaybaskar
7th July 2015, 08:34 PM
Yes. He is a reasonably good actor. I would place him between rest of the Khans and Aamir.

Adox
7th July 2015, 08:46 PM
Aamir will be a good choice as well .. He did great as an aggrieved dad in Talaash and would do well in this as well.

PARAMASHIVAN
7th July 2015, 08:47 PM
Aamir will be a good choice as well .. He did great as an aggrieved dad in Talaash and would do well in this as well.

Agreed I think Aamir would have been a better choice ...

Shanker
7th July 2015, 09:24 PM
Ajay Devgan is by no means in the same leage as Lal or KH. Period.

However, he definitely is better than most 'actors' of Bollywood. Omkara still stands as one of my all-time favorites. I think he is more than able to shoulder the Hindi remake, especially since the story seems to be that of a younger couple. Let's wait and see.

rajeshkrv
7th July 2015, 09:26 PM
Not really Params ... Ajay D. has given some serious roles as well - just not the same league as Kamal and Mohanlal. And dont underestimate hindi audience. Their coverage is much more than Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada all put together. The trailer hit about 5 million views about 4 times more than tamil.

Ajay has evolved well as a great actor. legend bhagat singh. you should watch the film Zakhm directed by pooja bhat for which he bagged national award.
he is a serious actor , given the role he will excel.

ajay's eyes will speak volumes and so definitely he is the right choice. if not him there is none in bollywood

balaajee
8th July 2015, 01:00 PM
பாபநாசம் படத்துக்கு வரிவிலக்குக் கொடுக்காததன் உண்மைக்காரணம்?

கமல் நடித்து வெளிவந்திருக்கும் பாபநாசம் படம் மக்களிடையே வரவேற்றைப் பெற்றிருக்கிறது. அந்தப்படத்துக்குத் தமிழகஅரசு வரிவிலக்குத் தர மறுத்த்திருக்கிறது. தணிக்கைக்குழுவினரால் யு சான்றிதழ் வழங்கப்பட்டிருந்த போதும் படத்தின் உள்ளடக்கம் பற்றி வரிவிலக்குக் குழு உறுப்பினர்கள் கொடுத்த அறிக்கைகளின் அடிப்படையில் வரிவிலக்கு மறுக்கப்பட்டிருப்பதாகத் தெரிகிறது.

காவல்துறையினர் சிறுமிகளைத் துன்புறுத்தும் காட்சிகள் காவல்துறையினர் மீதான நம்பிக்கையைக் கெடுத்துவிடும் என்றும், தவுறு செய்த ஒருவன் பாவம் கழிக்க ஆற்றில் குளித்தால்போதும் என்கிற பிற்போக்கு சிந்தனை படத்தில் இருக்கிறதென்றும், பள்ளி மாணவியைக் குளிக்கும்போது படம் பிடித்துக்காட்டுவது சரியில்லை என்றும் காரணங்களைக் கூறி இத்திரைப்படம் வரிவிலக்குக்குத் தகுதியானதல்ல என்கிற பரிந்துரை செய்திருக்கிறார்களாம்.

அவற்றை ஏற்று இத்திரைப்படத்துக்கு வரிவிலக்குக் கொடுக்கவேண்டாமென் அரசு முடிவு செய்திருக்கிறது. இன்னொரு பக்கம், வரிவிலக்குக் குழுவினர் அரசாங்கம் எதை விரும்புகிறதோ அதை எழுதிக்கொடுத்துவிடுவார்கள் என்று சொல்கிறார்கள். ஏற்கெனவே உதயநிதி படத்துக்கு வரிவிலக்கு மறுத்தபோது ஏல்லோரும் ஒரேமாதிரி எழுதிக்கொடுத்ததையும் எடுத்துக்காட்டாகச் சொல்கிறார்கள்.
அப்படியானால் இந்தப்படத்துக்கு வரிவிலக்கு மறுக்க என்ன காரணம்? படத்தின் தொலைக்காட்சி ஒளிபரப்பு உரிமையை சன் தொலைக்காட்சிக்குக் கொடுத்ததால்தான் இந்தப்படத்துக்கு வரிவிலக்குக் கொடுக்க மறுத்துவிட்டார்கள் என்றொரு கருத்தும் பேசப்பட்டுக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

avavh3
8th July 2015, 02:19 PM
:clap: வெளங்கிடும்

dell_gt
8th July 2015, 03:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJYibl7UcAAuh9X.jpg

so another meet up

dell_gt
8th July 2015, 03:42 PM
http://www.nikkilcinema.com/site/photo-gallery/event-gallery/papanasam-thanks-meet-live-by-3-30pm-today

Live streaming :)

dell_gt
8th July 2015, 04:35 PM
#Papanasam holds big screens avm rajeshwari, devi , woodlands in the 2nd week. Holds 32 shows in spi cinemas as well !

avavh3
8th July 2015, 04:55 PM
can i get a BO collection comparison between UV and PN after first weekend?

ajaybaskar
8th July 2015, 05:59 PM
can i get a BO collection comparison between UV and PN after first weekend?

Details for Chennai Box Office:

Uttama Villain

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/uttama-villain/uttama-villain-box-office-may-03.html

Papanasam

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/papanasam/papanasam-box-office-jul-05.html

Papanasam has earned 50 lacs more than UV.

Adox
8th July 2015, 06:02 PM
Not sure how valid these observations are. As I posted earlier, political hand may not be completely out of question. Hopefully the movie is more than profitable that these things may not matter.

A big blow to makers of 'Papanasam'

Kamal Haasan-Gauthami starrer ‘Papanasam’ has just released last week and it has been running with packed houses with tremendous positive reviews from all who have watched the film. While the film is marching ahead towards the super hit status, a big blow has come to the makers in the form of entertainment tax.

The Tamil Nadu Government has formed a committee to decide on whether a film is eligible for the 30% entertainment tax exemption. The basic criterion for this is the film getting a ‘U’ certificate from Censor board.

The Tamil Nadu Government has laid down that a film’s content should follow the values of Tamil culture, tradition and it should not set any bad example for the society. Only if these are followed apart from getting a ‘U’ certificate, will a film be eligible for the exemption

The Jeetu Joseph directed ‘Papanasam’ has obtained a clean ‘U’ certificate for thanks to its content, but one of the members in the committee who watched the film has recommended that entertainment tax, exemption not be granted for the film as it projects policemen in a bad light, has scenes where a young woman is video-graphed in an obscene manner and blackmailed and a dialogue in the film suggests that all kinds of sins can be cleared by taking a bath in the Papanasam river. These according to the member are setting bad precedents to the society and giving wrong messages to the people.

Due to this the much needed entertainment tax has been reportedly denied for the film due to which the profit share out of the theatrical collections made by the film is set to take a beating.

Raajjaa
8th July 2015, 06:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/MalaysiaPadmasriDrkamalhassanFanClub/videos/vb.473778509338680/871124262937434/?type=2&theater

மலேசியாவில் இந்த மாதிரி நடு ரோட்ல வெடி வெடிச்சா ஒன்னும் சொல்ல மாட்டானுகளா?

romio
8th July 2015, 06:07 PM

Bro dont compare any one Ajay devgn he simply fantastic Actor & 2 time National Award Winner too ..watch > (Company,The Legend of Bhagat Singh,Zakhm,Apaharan,Gangaajal,Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai) :)

romio
8th July 2015, 06:08 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/review-papanasam-is-brilliant-/20150703.htm

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/review-papanasam-is-a-worthy-remake-of-drishyam/20150703.htm

Adox
8th July 2015, 06:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJYibl7UcAAuh9X.jpg

so another meet up

Success meet .. thanks meet .. Yedhukku ithuellam pa ? Not even a week has elapsed. Konjam amaidhiya irrundha nallairrukkum ...

Raajjaa
8th July 2015, 06:18 PM
http://m.ibtimes.co.in/papanasam-first-weekend-box-office-collection-kamal-haasan-starrer-fails-beat-ajiths-yennai-638220

மாங்கா மடையனுக இந்த மாதிரி எல்லாம் எப்படி எழுதுறானுக? இன்னொரு article-ல பாபநாசம் லிங்கா வசூலித்ததில் பாதி கூட வசூலிக்கவில்லை என்று எழுதி இருந்தானுக.
பாபநாசம் படத்துக்கு எல்லாம் எப்படி Opening எதிர்பார்க்குறானுக? பாபநாசம் இந்த அளவு ஓடுறதே ஆச்சர்யமா இருக்கு.

ரஜினி அவருடன் 80-ல ஹீரோயினா நடிச்ச ராதா,அம்பிகா கூட இப்போ நடிச்சு எந்த வித commercialலும் இல்லாமல் எவ்வளவு Opening கொடுக்குறார்னு பார்க்கலாம்.

அதே போல அஜித்,விஜய் அவர்களுடைய ஆரம்ப கால ஹீரோயின் சங்கவியோட நடிச்சு எவ்வளவு Opening கொடுக்குறாங்கனு பார்க்கலாம்.

romio
8th July 2015, 06:20 PM
Jeethu Joseph Memories also a good psychological thriller ...and another one must watch malayalam suspence thriller in recent time is Mumbai Police a must watch...

Raajjaa
8th July 2015, 06:23 PM
மகாநதி வெளிவந்த போது 3வது நாள் தியேட்டரில் கூட்டம் இல்லை. பெண்கள் கூட்டம் சுத்தமாக இல்லை. B&c-ல படம் செம அடி. குணாவும் சரி,மகாநதியும் சரி இரண்டு படங்களுமே ஆண்களை வைத்துதான் படம் ஓடியது.

romio
8th July 2015, 06:23 PM
For me Papanasham Kamalji best film after Anbeshivam & Vettayadu ...since 2000 ...

Adox
8th July 2015, 06:25 PM
http://m.ibtimes.co.in/papanasam-first-weekend-box-office-collection-kamal-haasan-starrer-fails-beat-ajiths-yennai-638220

மாங்கா மடையனுக இந்த மாதிரி எல்லாம் எப்படி எழுதுறானுக? இன்னொரு article-ல பாபநாசம் லிங்கா வசூலித்ததில் பாதி கூட வசூலிக்கவில்லை என்று எழுதி இருந்தானுக.
பாபநாசம் படத்துக்கு எல்லாம் எப்படி Opening எதிர்பார்க்குறானுக? பாபநாசம் இந்த அளவு ஓடுறதே ஆச்சர்யமா இருக்கு.

ரஜினி அவருடன் 80-ல ஹீரோயினா நடிச்ச ராதா,அம்பிகா கூட இப்போ நடிச்சு எந்த வித commercialலும் இல்லாமல் எவ்வளவு Opening கொடுக்குறார்னு பார்க்கலாம்.

அதே போல அஜித்,விஜய் அவர்களுடைய ஆரம்ப கால ஹீரோயின் சங்கவியோட நடிச்சு எவ்வளவு Opening கொடுக்குறாங்கனு பார்க்கலாம்.

Papanasam will attract much more family and repeat audience. Already a few of my friends (not fans) are planning to hit the theaters again next week for another watch. We need watch how it performs over a longer period.

Raajjaa
8th July 2015, 06:33 PM
Success meet .. thanks meet .. Yedhukku ithuellam pa ? Not even a week has elapsed. Konjam amaidhiya irrundha nallairrukkum ...

பாபநாசம் நல்லா போகுதுன்னு கமலாலேயே நம்ப முடியலே. அதுக்குதான் இதெல்லாம்.

Srimannarayanan
8th July 2015, 06:36 PM
மகாநதி வெளிவந்த போது 3வது நாள் தியேட்டரில் கூட்டம் இல்லை. பெண்கள் கூட்டம் சுத்தமாக இல்லை. B&c-ல படம் செம அடி. குணாவும் சரி,மகாநதியும் சரி இரண்டு படங்களுமே ஆண்களை வைத்துதான் படம் ஓடியது.

Raaja

How is it running in Madurai?

Raajjaa
8th July 2015, 06:48 PM
Raaja

How is it running in Madurai?

குணா-அபிராமி(100 days)-மதி(80 + days)
மகாநதி-நாட்டியா(100 days)-ராம் விக்டோரியா(60+ days)

Srimannarayanan
8th July 2015, 06:59 PM
குணா-அபிராமி(100 days)-மதி(80 + days)
மகாநதி-நாட்டியா(100 days)-ராம் விக்டோரியா(60+ days)

How about Papanasam in Madurai?

Raajjaa
8th July 2015, 07:07 PM
பாபநாசம் மதுரைல சூப்பரா போயிட்டு இருக்கு.
இந்தியாவின் மிகப் பெரிய பட்ஜெட் படம்(?) பாகுபலியே மதுரையில் 6 தியேட்டரில் தான் ரிலீஸ் ஆகுது.

Anban
8th July 2015, 07:42 PM
without a well known director, without top heroine/comedians, without action/punch , without fights/dance , no other star has a hit in tamil in the last 30-40 years .. some things are possible only for Kamal Haasan .. :yes:

other stars cant shine without commercial attractions .. thats the truth ..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th July 2015, 08:02 PM
Kamal Haasan's Nationwide / statewide blockbusters like Ek Du Je keliye, Maro charitra, Salangai Oli, Swathi mutyam etc(few left, can't recollect) too were NOT regular commercial movies. But still they were very big blockbusters. This kind of success et all happenned ONLY for Kamal! While using MGR Formula, do good happy go lucky guy hero, with all the well tested formulas were the Norm for success, Kamal Films naturally broke them!!!

Mr.GreyShirt
8th July 2015, 08:28 PM
Kamal has been breaking them from the start. There is nothing new here. Cinema has room for everyone.

irir123
8th July 2015, 10:53 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/review-papanasam-is-brilliant-/20150703.htm

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/review-papanasam-is-a-worthy-remake-of-drishyam/20150703.htm

"above all, the hugely talented Kamal Haasan, make Jeethu Joseph's Papanasam a must watch" - condescending, patronizing to the core!

If the same film was done by anyone else, no matter how he performs, it would have been called the greatest performance by default!

But poor Kamal Hassan continues to get certificates for his talent - along the lines of "watch out for this new talent, he is good" as if he is a newbee in the film industry - by every other film critic!

kumarsr
8th July 2015, 10:55 PM
If Papanasam crosses 100 Cr+ (which I think it will), it will be a big achievement. In terms of % return, Papanasam will likely be #1 by end of 2016.

Raajjaa
8th July 2015, 11:13 PM
As on now around 40 shows in satyam cinemas in this weekend. higher than opening week end.

padam super hit-aa?

joe
8th July 2015, 11:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s59PAyKvj60

irir123
9th July 2015, 03:14 AM
without a well known director, without top heroine/comedians, without action/punch , without fights/dance , no other star has a hit in tamil in the last 30-40 years .. some things are possible only for Kamal Haasan .. :yes:

other stars cant shine without commercial attractions .. thats the truth ..

Wrong - with his characteristic acting approach, Goundamani has enjoyed several hits from 'Vaidegi Kaathirunthaal' without top heroine, without action/punch, without fights/dance - he was a star in his own right ....

Many films were successes only coz they had him in the star cast ....

Gounds was a commercial attraction by himself..

First comes Kamal and then Gounds and only then anyone else...

Tongue-in-cheekungo!

irir123
9th July 2015, 06:11 AM
in simple man's terms: what is the highest returns in terms of budget spent versus profits made on a film versus the returns? in Tamil cinema?

In Hindi, I can easily think of 'Hum apke hain kaun?'…

The way the market works is weird - UV should have had similar if not better success (in spite of the release confusion) - no wonder Kamal and co are surprised by the range of PN's success

NOV
9th July 2015, 08:34 AM
http://www.theyoungbangalorepost.com/kamal-hassan-takes-box-office-into-storm-with-papanasam-beats-mohanlal-vekatesh-ravichandran/

Nasc
9th July 2015, 09:53 AM
http://www.theyoungbangalorepost.com/kamal-hassan-takes-box-office-into-storm-with-papanasam-beats-mohanlal-vekatesh-ravichandran/

what a pleasure seeing the reports.....

Cinemarasigan
9th July 2015, 11:31 AM
As on now around 40 shows in satyam cinemas in this weekend. higher than opening week end.

padam super hit-aa?

You are the master in judging...

dell_gt
9th July 2015, 12:43 PM
#Paapanasam shows are steady during 2nd week inspite of #bahubali release in Atlanta (USA)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJcW_PjVEAA5TtE.jpg

avavh3
9th July 2015, 03:28 PM
is there major theater loss for PN in TN due to MB?

Adox
9th July 2015, 04:26 PM
While we celebrate PN victory, lets not drag RK or his movies. I've not seen a single RK fan commenting about PN being a remake. Infact a few KH fans showed very little interest for PN early on because its a remake and then changed over in due course.

avavh3
9th July 2015, 05:31 PM
deleted that post bill

dell_gt
9th July 2015, 05:43 PM
#Papanasam July 11 all shows housefull now itself @ Chennai PVR, INOX citi & arcot road @TeamPapanasam @gautami_tads
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJeHP7kUcAAwdYe.png

dell_gt
9th July 2015, 05:44 PM
#Papanasam July 11 all shows housefull now itself @ Chennai PVR, INOX citi & arcot road @TeamPapanasam @gautami_tads
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJeHP7kUcAAwdYe.png

going great.. big 2nd weekend ahead :)

Adox
9th July 2015, 07:42 PM
deleted that post bill

appreciate it, UV ..

PARAMASHIVAN
9th July 2015, 07:49 PM
While we celebrate PN victory, lets not drag RK or his movies. I've not seen a single RK fan commenting about PN being a remake. Infact a few KH fans showed very little interest for PN early on because its a remake and then changed over in due course.

Neenga Nallavara kettavara :)

I though you were "Yaar pakkamum saayatha baaba nu " :lol2: , implying you are neutral when it comes to Kamal/ Rajni .

Like I mentioned here before, I was really looking forward to see this movie, due to show time restrictions/work commitments , couldn't see it :| , once I see it I will certainly post my (unbiased ) views here :)

Adox
9th July 2015, 08:19 PM
Neenga Nallavara kettavara :)

I though you were "Yaar pakkamum saayatha baaba nu " :lol2: , implying you are neutral when it comes to Kamal/ Rajni .

Like I mentioned here before, I was really looking forward to see this movie, due to show time restrictions/work commitments , couldn't see it :| , once I see it I will certainly post my (unbiased ) views here :)

Params,

do you have even have a doubt !? When it comes to Kamal-Rajini, sure enough, I dont take sides. What they have among themselves is mutual friendship/respect ..

Dont miss out on PN - yet to see a single negative review. And let us know what you think.

PARAMASHIVAN
9th July 2015, 08:25 PM
What they have among themselves is mutual friendship/respect ..

Agree with you, but it does not apply for "majority" of their fan(atic)s. will surely watch the movie this W/E :)

PG2010
9th July 2015, 11:22 PM
Kamal’s gain is sadly Rajnikanth’s loss. The remake was first offered to the superstar who refused apparently because he thought his fans would not tolerate his getting bashed up by cops. It’s this narrow-mindedness that has stopped his potential remaining untapped. Rajni should have realised that the protagonist endures physical torture only to protect his family. Even if his fans had shied away families would have thronged the theatres. For once he would have outwitted his adversaries using brains rather than brawn. ‘Papanasam’ is just another feather in Kamal’s overcrowded plume. It would have been a resplendent jewel in Rajni’s sparsely adorned crown.

http://m.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/papanasam-a-masterstroke/article7403475.ece

venkkiram
10th July 2015, 12:44 AM
Kamal’s gain is sadly Rajnikanth’s loss. The remake was first offered to the superstar who refused apparently because he thought his fans would not tolerate his getting bashed up by cops. It’s this narrow-mindedness that has stopped his potential remaining untapped. Rajni should have realised that the protagonist endures physical torture only to protect his family. Even if his fans had shied away families would have thronged the theatres. For once he would have outwitted his adversaries using brains rather than brawn. ‘Papanasam’ is just another feather in Kamal’s overcrowded plume. It would have been a resplendent jewel in Rajni’s sparsely adorned crown.

http://m.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/papanasam-a-masterstroke/article7403475.ece

மோகன்லாலின் ஜார்ஜ் குட்டி தமிழில் கமலின் சுயம்புலிங்கமாக மாறியதாலேயே நாம் இன்றைக்கு 'நெல்லைத்தமிழில் ஒரு முழுத் திரைப்படம்' போன்ற உன்னதங்களை சிலாகித்து பேசுகிறோம். இது தமிழில் வேறு யார் நடிப்பில் வந்தாலும் சிறப்பாக என்ற உயரத்தை எட்டாமல் வெறும் உணர்ச்சி சுரண்டலாக இருக்கும். ஒரு ஜார்ஜ் குட்டிக்கு ஒரு சுயம்புலிங்கமே இணை. ஜார்ஜ் குட்டி அளவுக்கு படம் முழுதும் வியாபித்திருக்காமல் ஒரு குணச்சித்திரமாக வந்த டாக்டர் சன்னி ஜோசப் தமிழில் டாக்டர் சரணவனாக எப்படி உருமாறினார் என்பது வெட்ட வெளிச்சம். மூலப்படமான மணிச்சித்ரத்தாழ் மட்டுமே இன்றைக்கும் சிறந்த படைப்பாக இருந்துவருகிறது. ஆனால் த்ருஷ்யம், பாபநாசம் இரண்டுமே சரி நிகர் சமானம். ஒரே கதை என்றாலும், இரண்டுமே தனித்து நின்று ரசிகனை மேன்மையான ரசனைத் தளத்திற்கு அழைத்துச் செல்பவை. அதனால் அவர் நடித்திருக்க வேண்டிய படம், இவர் நடித்திருக்க வேண்டிய படம் என எழுதித் தள்ளுவதில் ஒரு பயனில்லை.

irir123
10th July 2015, 02:48 AM

my comments on another thread abt how the conscious choices ppl have made in the industry have ruined their respective potential - are vindicated with the unfolding of the Papanasam success story...

இதுக்கு மேல ஒண்ணும் சொல்றதுக்கில்ல - sour grapes story தான் - I have not heard of any poll conducted on anyone's fan base before doing any film by any actor in any part of the world.

tacinema
10th July 2015, 06:15 AM
Params,

do you have even have a doubt !? When it comes to Kamal-Rajini, sure enough, I dont take sides. What they have among themselves is mutual friendship/respect ..

Dont miss out on PN - yet to see a single negative review. And let us know what you think.

Don't know how Kamal fans would react:

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/monty-majeed/kamal-haasans-papanasam-i_b_7741326.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/karthik-subramanian/how-different-is-papanasa_b_7741576.html

Not to spoil fans mood, but there are -ve remarks available online.

Regards

selvakumar
10th July 2015, 06:48 AM
Liked it.. If you can tolerate Gauthami's kodumaiyana acting and the first 20 mins, this film is quite gripping. Sure shot hit.

selvakumar
10th July 2015, 06:49 AM
The director should have seen all the "Nightmare next door episodes". Good screenplay..

Adox
10th July 2015, 07:14 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/monty-majeed/kamal-haasans-papanasam-i_b_7741326.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/karthik-subramanian/how-different-is-papanasa_b_7741576.html

Regards

Sure .. the review is more by holding the original the gold standard and seeing how PN deviates from it rather than PN by itself! Why shouldn't the characterization of Kamal's character by seen all by his own ? Why should the main character be cold and not emotional with guilt ? There are others but the gist is that a remake does not have to be a carbon copy of the original. KH gives it another shade or perspective - a different personality going through the same issue.

Adox
10th July 2015, 07:20 AM
Rajini may have been Jeethu's first choice ... but from Kamal's interview, he mentions that when Jeethu asks for Mohanlal's opinion, he says that if Kamal does it, it'll be good. I guess he's able to relate to Kamal more in this particular case. Rajini may have given the movie a totally different perspective ... not sure how it would have turned out but it appears that Jeethu did not compromise on the storyline for Rajini's sake ..

irir123
10th July 2015, 07:34 AM

Regards

இவ்வளவு effort போட்டவங்க, ஒரு original மீசைய வளர்த்து படம் பண்ணிருக்கpபடாதா ?

அந்த மீசைய மைய்யமா வச்சே படத்தை விமர்சனம் செய்யறாங்களே?

venkkiram
10th July 2015, 08:37 AM
Rajini may have been Jeethu's first choice ... but from Kamal's interview, he mentions that when Jeethu asks for Mohanlal's opinion, he says that if Kamal does it, it'll be good. I guess he's able to relate to Kamal more in this particular case. Rajini may have given the movie a totally different perspective ... not sure how it would have turned out but it appears that Jeethu did not compromise on the storyline for Rajini's sake ..
யாருங்க சொன்னா? எங்க படிச்சிங்க இப்படி? தமிழில் எடுக்கிறோம் என்ற நிலை வந்தவுடனே ஜார்ஜ் குட்டி பாத்திரத்தை கமல் தான் செய்யணும் என நினைத்ததாக ஜீத்து ஜோசப் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார் என்ற பத்திரிக்கை செய்தியும் வாசித்தேன்.

venkkiram
10th July 2015, 08:38 AM
இவ்வளவு effort போட்டவங்க, ஒரு original மீசைய வளர்த்து படம் பண்ணிருக்கpபடாதா ?

அந்த மீசைய மைய்யமா வச்சே படத்தை விமர்சனம் செய்யறாங்களே?

படம் பார்க்கையில் அதெல்லாம் ஒரு பொருட்டாகவே தெரியல.

vikatan
10th July 2015, 09:32 AM
My two cents: Rajinikanth of the early to mid 80's may have been a good fit. But Superstar Rajini....? No Way... Theatres would be ransacked, burned by fans, if they see their superstar and his family being beaten up by a constable....and he does not fight back...IMO, the time for Rajinikanth to play the common man is long over.

PG2010
10th July 2015, 09:52 AM
Rajini is first choice of one of the producers ,not Jeethu.he told it very clearly in sun TV interview.his one only choice is kamalhasan . he also said otherwise he reject this offer :claps:

Russellaxt
10th July 2015, 10:19 AM
Dr RC out of jail tomorrow, waiting for his arrival :)

pushpak
10th July 2015, 11:26 AM
Liked it.. If you can tolerate Gauthami's kodumaiyana acting and the first 20 mins, this film is quite gripping. Sure shot hit.

What is wrong with first 20 minutes? No opening song with self praising lyrics?

PG2010
10th July 2015, 11:28 AM
Welcome back Dr .
Miss u in this festive time . . .

Raajjaa
10th July 2015, 11:47 AM
My two cents: Rajinikanth of the early to mid 80's may have been a good fit. But Superstar Rajini....? No Way... Theatres would be ransacked, burned by fans, if they see their superstar and his family being beaten up by a constable....and he does not fight back...IMO, the time for Rajinikanth to play the common man is long over.

இந்த மாதிரி காமெடி பண்றதை விட மட்டீங்களா? இது வரை எத்தனை தியேட்டரை உடைத்து இருக்கிறார்கள் தமிழ் நாட்டில்?

ரஜினி பாபநாசத்தில் நடிக்க மறுத்ததற்கான காரணங்கள்.

1.ரஜினிக்கு இந்த மாதிரி கேரக்டரில் நடிக்க வராது.
2.ஐஸ்வர்யா,தீபிகா,சோனாக்ஷி மாதிரி ஹீரோயின்களோட நடிச்சிட்டு ,பழைய ஹீரோயின்களோட நடிக்க மனசு இடம் கொடுத்து இருக்காது.
3.படத்தில் எந்த விதமான கமர்சியல் சமாசாரங்கள் கிடையாது.
4.சம்பளம் கம்மியாக இருந்திருக்கும்.

Srimannarayanan
10th July 2015, 12:16 PM

It is not 1980s. No way theatres will be burned. Trend changed.

Now Fans are not interested to all those things.

Each one has many personal things to do rather than burning out theatre

vikatan
10th July 2015, 02:54 PM
Agree! Paramasivan...

clarification: I had not meant the theatre burning/ransacking in a literal sense. Rajinikanth can act in similar scene that I mentioned. My point was that his image will not permit him to act in such scenes....But sorry for the digression, I don't want to become an unwitting Naradhar to start a Rajini vs Kamal slug fest here.

avavh3
10th July 2015, 03:10 PM
"great" actor :banghead:

dell_gt
10th July 2015, 04:34 PM
MuRuGaRaMu ThEaTrE ‏@murugaramu_kkl 7h7 hours ago

Succesful 2nd week TT area ad
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJhrWmqUsAAF42k.jpg

Senthil ‏@kklsenthil 5h5 hours ago
@murugaramu_kkl bahubali release in kkl???

MuRuGaRaMu ThEaTrE ‏@murugaramu_kkl 5h5 hours ago
@kklsenthil no ji .#Papanasam going strong in our screen .no idea about #Psr

Russellbba
10th July 2015, 04:49 PM
Dr RC out of jail tomorrow, waiting for his arrival :)

Welcome back Dr.Sir!! neraiya patients waiting!! ;)

Adox
10th July 2015, 05:22 PM
யாருங்க சொன்னா? எங்க படிச்சிங்க இப்படி? தமிழில் எடுக்கிறோம் என்ற நிலை வந்தவுடனே ஜார்ஜ் குட்டி பாத்திரத்தை கமல் தான் செய்யணும் என நினைத்ததாக ஜீத்து ஜோசப் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார் என்ற பத்திரிக்கை செய்தியும் வாசித்தேன்.

Many places. That said, I'm not trying to imply anything ..

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/papanasam-why-rajinikanth-rejected-lead-role-that-was-eventually-played-by-kamal-haasan-638103
http://www.boanalyst.website/2015/07/rajinikanth-was-my-first-choice-for-drishyam/
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/did-you-know-rajinikanth-was-the-first-choice-to-play-kamal-haasans-role-in-papanasam/
http://www.iluvcinema.in/tamil/unknown-fact-superstar-rajinikanth-was-the-first-choice-to-play-kamal-haasans-role-in-papanasam/
http://cineseen.com/news/2853/rajini-was-considered-first-to-star-in-papanasam-jeethu-joseph.html

He probably wanted to give the movie another dimension.

Adox
10th July 2015, 05:29 PM
Agree! Paramasivan...

clarification: I had not meant the theatre burning/ransacking in a literal sense. Rajinikanth can act in similar scene that I mentioned. My point was that his image will not permit him to act in such scenes....But sorry for the digression, I don't want to become an unwitting Naradhar to start a Rajini vs Kamal slug fest here.

We could always have a mature discussion on what Rajini can/cannot do without indulging in abuses and other name callings. But most may not see it that way. Anyways.

irir123
10th July 2015, 06:33 PM

தமிழ் நாட்டு மக்களுக்கு இத விட கேவலம் வேற என்ன வேணும்?

இதுக்கு முன்னாடி எப்ப சார் இந்த மாதிரி அடிதடி நடந்துச்சு?

சுத்த பினாத்தல் - ஏதோ ரஜினி தமிழ் நாடு தண்ணீர் பிரச்சனைய தீர்த்த மாதிரியும், புதுசா alternative power source from fusion reaction கண்டுபிடிச்சா மாதிரியும், camera technologyல ஏதோ உருவாkகின மாதிரியும், Nobel பரிசு வாங்கி கொட்டின மாதிரியும் இல்ல அடிச்சு விடறீங்க?

அப்படியே எதாவது செஞ்சிருந்தாலும், அடிதடி அளவுக்கு இறங்கறதுக்கு அவரோட விசிறி கூட்டம் அவ்ளோ முட்டாள்களா என்ன?

irir123
10th July 2015, 06:36 PM
This is the problem Rajni has been facing for a decade now!!! His so called "Army of fan(atics) " would not allow this "great" actor to do challenging roles, they always want him to do the mokkai kind of roles, at least in Endhiran Shankar changed this stereo type formula and the bought the "Great" actor back in the form of chittie v2!

Calling Rajni Narrow minded is absurd, his fanatics decide his fate, a really sad position for any actor to be in, and in whole of India, he is the ONLY actor in this dilemma ...

Why are you shooting yourself in your foot this way?

அப்போ நீங்களே பகிரங்கமா "எங்களால தான் அவரு வித விதமா நடிக்க மாட்டேன்கரார்"னு சொல்றீங்களா?

அப்படி அவரு நடிச்சா என்ன வூடு பூந்து அவரையே அடிப்பீங்களா என்ன? அந்த rangeல பேசுற மாதிரி இருக்கு.

உங்க மேல பரிதாபப்படறதா, இல்ல ரஜினி மேல பரிதாபப்படறதா? கொடுமை