PDA

View Full Version : Super Star in & as LINGAA ♠Anushka ♠ARR ♠KS Ravikumar

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

pushpak
22nd December 2014, 08:04 AM
Did anyone force these folks to distribute the film (whoever claims that they are losing money !)
If they have made more profits than they estimated, will they give away that portion to the producer or Rajini?

kumarsr
22nd December 2014, 10:08 AM
As per Economic Times : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/definition/minimum-guarantee

A minimum guarantee is an initial sum that is paid to the producer by the distributor irrespective of how the film performs.

Definition: A minimum guarantee is an initial sum that is paid to the producer by the distributor irrespective of how the film performs. Typically, large producers command a high sum due to their brand that pulls in crowds into theatres.

Description: The minimum guarantee is the minimum that is assured to the producer and a revenue sharing arrangement is worked out, whereby the producer will get a portion of the profits that the distributor makes.

This would mean that if the film gets a good response that the distributor recovers his costs in full, and on the overflow the producer will get a royalty.

I still not sure what would happen for MG films when the movie is not generating the revenue as expected.

The distributor or theatre owners (depending on the arrangement) will generally have to bear the loss. However, in the movie industry, especially with Rajini and other big artists, some adjustments in the form of a refund or some concessions in the form of reduced pricing for a future film is made. Ultimately they all have to co-exist.

The bottomline which is quite clear is that relative to the price paid for Lingaa there is a heavy loss incurred. With Eros and the "karnataka" producer, it is difficult to see how to recover anything.

kumarsr
22nd December 2014, 10:17 AM
Did anyone force these folks to distribute the film (whoever claims that they are losing money !)
If they have made more profits than they estimated, will they give away that portion to the producer or Rajini?

Of course, no one is blameless. Although no one is forced to buy, one has to have a way to compensate at least a partial slice of the loss (distribute the loss amongst all parties). With Rajini, it is not clear how many more movies he will do, due to his health and age factor.

If the distributor had made more profits that was estimated, he would laugh all the way to the bank. But note that, he is likely to buy the next movie of the same Actor at an even higher price than before because of this factor (which ultimately results in the production house and the Actor jacking up their price for their next movie). So all of them are interdependent in this ecosystem. So, if a movie makes a big loss as is the case with Lingaa, some amount has to be refunded to compensate for the loss. Still loss is a loss (it cannot be converted to a profit but the loss amount for the distributor and the screnning houses can be reduced).

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:17 AM
Dilber or A2A or Raghu,

Can you post the ananda vikatan review here? I heard that they gave 41/100 :)

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:18 AM
I am not subscribing and so I can not post it! :)

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:19 AM
It is running in US in several cities but the ticket price is slashed down to $12! :)

kumarsr
22nd December 2014, 10:20 AM
Madan is at fault - KSR utility services are well-known - why then interview him this way ?

I don't think Madhan is naive. He just feels that with some additional smarts the flashback can itself be told in a more interesting (in his words "deeper") way that can elevate the movie without KSR assuming that it will not be commercially viable.

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:23 AM
The distributors claimed in sivaji they lost money.. in enthiran they lost money.. in lingaa they lost money.. They WILL STILL pay HIGH PRICE for next Rajin movie as well and LOSE money too. They will never learn or what? :lol:

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:26 AM
In andhra it has made 20 crores collection already. They still say the distributors paid double the price or so. Why do they pay such a high price for a dubbed movie and it does not have shankar! I dont undersand- if at all they paid 30 crore or so!

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:27 AM
PK ticket price is $9 or so. Lingaa after second week it is still priced $12! :lol:

kumarsr
22nd December 2014, 10:38 AM
The distributors claimed in sivaji they lost money.. in enthiran they lost money.. in lingaa they lost money.. They WILL STILL pay HIGH PRICE for next Rajin movie as well and LOSE money too. They will never learn or what? :lol:

You bring up a good point. It is true that Sivaji lost money in some areas but there was an overwhelming number of areas where there was overflow. Based on this, one cannot generalize by saying Sivaji was a loss because overall Sivaji was a very successful movie. The dynamics for a Rajini film in the US is different from an interior TN region. That said, with Lingaa, it is different because the sell price is uniformly higher which is not being matched by the rate of return in many areas.

kumarsr
22nd December 2014, 10:42 AM
PK ticket price is $9 or so. Lingaa after second week it is still priced $12! :lol:

But the number of screens for PK is considerably higher. Also, Rajini film always has a captive market in the US for a few weeks. With the movie not an outright washout (in the US), it will withstand $12 pricing for a week more.

A.ANAND
22nd December 2014, 11:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHRlzpWjSYI
credit: puthuyugamtv

Interesting interview, about Lingaa. Watch and get enlightened.

padam paatha piragu naamallum 'anirudh chinna vayasu manarism mathirithan pudinggkirum'...!!

Cinefan
22nd December 2014, 12:23 PM
My few cents{as if it matters :) }

Firstly, Lingaa is NOT a bad movie.

Having made the above statement,the way the movie worked/did not work for me,below :

What worked :

KSR&the cinematographer deserve credit for giving a very rich look to the film despite working on a very tight time-line

I was quite drawn to the entire flash back episode,the atmosphere,look for this section looked quite authentic and felt I was part of the happenings on screen

Shocked am saying this but I liked Sonakshi Sinha though the "Niruthunga" dialogue was overdone

Liked Rajni in this character,especially the entire sequence where the Solaiyur villagers come in search of him,meet him and the way he politely declines to come back to the village.

What did not work :

Rajni as the thief with the gang of friends.Was embarrassing to watch him.

The illness seems to have taken a toll,all the mannerisms/style/way of dancing which was unique to him looked "to-be-made-fun-of" kind here.The speed and charm was missing.

The songs,pathetic.No excuses,ARR seemed just so out-of-sorts and I feel he has been sounding that way very frequently the last few years.

Rajni's worst intro song in a long while,especially from the time he started spouting "Gyan" through them.

What was the Mona,Gasolina song all about,did not get the lyrics at all?What is a Gasolina?????

The screenplay overall,lacked edge and punch.Though not being boring,the film felt very flat throughout.The drama element was completely missing.For KSR whose strength has always been to make template plots interesting through the screenplay,this is a big failure.

The entire climax: Rajni on a bike to the gas balloon and the rest which happens.Guess was edited(saw in on a 10pm show on Saturday),ended fast(not long drawn as was commented when the film released initially) but ridiculous.The key to make these things believable lie in the stunt co-ordination,shot taking and editing,all three failed here.

Anushka Shetty,did not make an impression at all,she shouting 'Niruthunga' in the end was :facepalm: stuff

Dialogues - As with the screenplay,no punch,not a single line worth remembering.

Overall,",meh' movie.

PS: This was a Rajini movie on the big screen for me after Baba which was probably much worse.Have watched bits and pieces of Sivaji(the sum of the parts enough to draw a conclusion),hated it.Has to Shankar's worst who himself has lost his mojo(IMO) after the high of Gentleman,Kadhalan and Indian.All his movies after that(the ones I have watched) - Jeans,Mudhalvan,Anniyan,Sivaji and Enthiran do not have the zing which the first three had.

Enthiran - have watched on Television.Again,Rajni looked unconvincing in the creator character and the romance with Ash just did not work.Even in the Chitti character,it was not the kind of villainy he has depicted before.

Kuselan and Kochadaiyaan - Have not watched.

Between Baba and Lingaa I do not think he has done anything else than the ones I have mentioned above.

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 03:25 PM
Linga dominates TN

http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15058774&cid=13525926&source=sifyhome&slot=c1s2

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 04:04 PM
http://www.financialexpress.com/article/lifestyle/showbiz/rajinikanths-lingaa-box-office-collections-soar-phenomenal-in-south-india/21328/

Cinemarasigan
22nd December 2014, 04:08 PM
Linga dominates TN

http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15058774&cid=13525926&source=sifyhome&slot=c1s2

Then why all these distributors and theater owners are making unnecessary noise?

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 04:16 PM
Then why all these distributors and theater owners are making unnecessary noise?

Not sure Bro, could be from the "opposite Camp" lol

I hear Linga is bowling lots of Yorkers at the BO like malinga ! :)

mappi
22nd December 2014, 04:25 PM
{as if it matters :) }

Yes, to me, yes. And thanks to you.

Rajini Intro song was rage, and his energy has not dropped a bit. During the song, just watch him flip his leg over the table and singing at the same time. That may give you a clue that he is in form. About screenplay, well each one defines screenplay/editing in thier own way. So no comments there, but the transformed production script and naration was top notch. ACT1 & ACT2 are basically the conjunctions to the Raja story, knowing which the screenplay can be judged.

Gasolina is a spanish slang meaning any combustible spirit. Mostly refered to gasoline or alcohol. Here it addresses as a "gasoline catch on fire" - something like 'Guppu-nu Pathikum'. The song suituation or its motive, well, each one will have their own scale of evaluating it, I found it great, purely as a Rajini Fan and I am aware that others are going to put down the movie just for the sake of it using this song or anyother ways.

For the rest, I repect your view and will not bring in any justifications, ex./esp. dialogues, which were good too (just as I had mentioned, it give life to the characters by making a connection to the conversations between several)

Thanks again Cinefan.

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 04:29 PM
Yes, to me, yes. And thanks to you.

Rajini Intro song was rage, and his energy has not dropped a bit. During the song, just watch him flip his leg over the table and singing at the same time.

Yes agreed, one of the "BEST" Rajni Intro! Cinema ve athinthuchu intha paatu vaara

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 04:35 PM
http://boxofficemoney.in/lingaa-9th-day-box-office-collection-lingaa-movie-2nd-saturday-total-bo-income-earning/

Cinefan
22nd December 2014, 05:39 PM
Thank you mappi.

Nice to know that civilized discussions are possible :)

It's just so easy to pass off my opinions as bias(esp if you know where my loyalties lie).

Will add something that I did not post earlier,this film is far superior to the ones Rajini has acted in a long long while which is why I cared to type a long post.

With another actor in the thief Rajini role,better or no songs,more drama,this would have been a far superior film{strictly IMO :) }

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 06:56 PM
Behindwoods has reported Chennai collection. Even second week Lingaa is the TOP Earner in Chennai for 2014! There seems like lots of political game going on.

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 07:05 PM
Nobody is going to claim any kind of compensation in

* Andhra (TOP earner for a dubbed movie 23 crores for 10 days) even if they lose money. They are professionals

* Kerala - where it is released by vendhar movies itself

or Karnataka

Or overseas..

Only in TN this kind of drama always come up. EROs are smart enough protect themselves leagally as well as thru insurance, so exhibitors can not win!

Cinemarasigan
22nd December 2014, 07:13 PM
Looks like the problems are coming from Suburbs and other parts of TN...
Earlier Red Pix videos and other loss reports are abt Chengalpet, Arcot and Trichy areas. There are only 8 shows in Mayajaal.. http://www.mayajaal.com/
Vendhar movies may be able to get good collection from Chennai and close the issues with others.

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 07:29 PM
These days BIG opening is very important to overcome the "piracy" immediately after release . Lingaa did win in opening. When they release HUGE #s, they will reduce the screens quite a bit after a week or so. So it will look like they removed from several places. But the deal is to get maximum in a short-time.

I am sure producers know when I releases Lingaa will be almost done in cities. So lingaa got only another 10 days or so to collect. But I dont know about B/C centers where Shankars movie wont be appreciated that much!

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 07:37 PM
ABO is saying it collected 55 crores in TN (no tax)

KA nett 7.7 crores (gross 10 crores)

KL 3.7 crores (gross 4.7 crores)

AP/N 19.2 nett (23 crores gross).

If you take other states total gross it is 38 crores as of today. No other tamil movie has collected this much in other states.

Shankar's "I" can certainly break it but they money they invested for "I" would be double that of Lingaa for sure!

I really want Shankar to win this time too!

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 07:43 PM
Is Lingaa (Hindi) still going to hit silver screen in few days? :)

cm123
22nd December 2014, 07:47 PM
Madhan's program with KSR :)

KSR kku oru whistle podu.

cm123
22nd December 2014, 07:49 PM
Mappi or anyone noticed the Padayappa kind of walk in oh nanba song before he and others throw caps?

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 07:50 PM
KSR has been very honest so far. It is a short-term project, he did his best and I would not blame him!

Chikatiloan
22nd December 2014, 10:02 PM
Behindwoods has reported Chennai collection. Even second week Lingaa is the TOP Earner in Chennai for 2014! There seems like lots of political game going on.

Just check what are the theaters included in chennai..in that SPI cinemas,Luxe,inox,pvr always it will be good on week-ends with number of shows..5.3C so far in chennai..enthrian collected 15C in chennai and this folks projected the movie equal to enthiran and sold the distribution rights more than enthiran..with more movies releasing on christmas its hard to collect 9C overall in chennai..

Chikatiloan
22nd December 2014, 10:05 PM
KSR has been very honest so far. It is a short-term project, he did his best and I would not blame him!

Noone blamed him or criticized him baring few before he gave that interview..but in that interview he said get of out theater before the climax,even many rajni fans are unhappy after this interview...

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:21 PM
http://boxofficemoney.in/lingaa-9th-day-box-office-collection-lingaa-movie-2nd-saturday-total-bo-income-earning/

This guy just fill up some # for every weekend, Raghu. Dont believe that data! :)

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:23 PM
Linga dominates TN

Sify is acting so weird. They declared kaththi as just a "hit"! Now lingaa as "average"?

Is that all because TV rights were sold to Jeya TV! :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 10:31 PM
This guy just fill up some # for every weekend, Raghu. Dont believe that data! :)

hmm Yaarai namburathenne theriyala :)

Chikatiloan
22nd December 2014, 10:33 PM
Sify is acting so weird. They declared kaththi as just a "hit"! Now lingaa as "average"?

Is that all because TV rights were sold to Jeya TV! :lol:

Its all about how much the movie has been sold and profit earned by distributor/theater owners,etc..
It has been told that Lingaa has been sold for 67C in TN whereas kathi for 40C in TN..thats the difference..
Pisasu getting good reviews and the total collection of the movie will be 1/4th of Lingaa collection for example but it will be called as hit..why? becoz of star value,budget and distribution rights..

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 10:33 PM
Lol, I found this hilarious ,3816

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:35 PM
hmm Yaarai namburathenne theriyala :)

I am not believing anybody this time even the people those who claim lingaa is indeed a hit! :) Too much politics in media!

PARAMASHIVAN
22nd December 2014, 10:37 PM
I am not believing anybody this time even the people those who claim lingaa is indeed a hit! :) Too much politics in media!

Narayana, arasilla ithellam sahanpa :)

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:45 PM
If you notice carefully Sridharpiilai was completely backing up enthriran but when it comes to Lingaa he has been putting down the movie from the begining even when it opened big and good.. he was saying let us see how it is doing in coming week and so.. :lol:

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 10:48 PM
A tamil movie which had a record collection in overseas in the past two years and record collection in other states in the past two years is what Lingaa! But they make it look like something different. :)

thamiz
22nd December 2014, 11:55 PM
IB times comedy..

****In its second weekend, "Lingaa" collected approximately ₹4.5 crore at the AP/N box office. With its 10-day total collection reaching ₹25 crore, the movie has recovered the investments of the distributors in both regions. While "PK" topped the business charts in Tollywood box office, "Lingaa" has landed at the second place.***

thamiz
23rd December 2014, 01:15 AM
Seems like they are going to release in Hindi too! :)

****‘Lingaa’: Hindi version to release on Dec. 26, BO collection likely to soar more!

South superstar Rajinikanth starrer "Lingaa" released in Tamil and Telugu across India last Friday (12th December) and witnessed a smashing opening at the Southern Box office.

The Tamil and Telugu versions of Rajinikanth-Sonakshi Sinha-Anushka Shetty starrer ‘Lingaa’ witnessed 90 to 100% occupancy in both single screens and multiplexes on its opening day in the South and did exceptionally well business there.

The box office collection of Lingaa is expected to soar further later this month when its Hindi version will be released on december 26, 2014.

“In the South, it’s been phenomenal with ‘Lingaa’ release on Rajinikanth’s birthday. Massive numbers came in from there, but pan-India, it was low as the Hindi version releases only on December 26,” says exhibitor and film distributor, Akshaye Rathi.

The film collected approximately Rs 14 crore at the Andhra Pradesh and Nizam (AP/N) box office in the first weekend. The movie has collected Rs 6.5 crore at the AP/N box office in the first week of its release. The film’s Telugu version has raked in approximately Rs 20.50 crore in the weekdays in these two states .

Now that Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan’s long-awaited ‘PK’ has released this Friday (december 19) all around the country, including in a record number of theatres in Andhra Pradesh and Nizam (AP/N), it will be interesting to see whether Thalaivar’s "Lingaa" will continue to maintain its hold in its second week.****

Dilbert
23rd December 2014, 05:56 AM
Thamiz , Thalaivar's below average movie is threatening Blocked busters of Marathi Cinema va ?:lol: sabash sariyana potti (just friendly reminder 60+ years Grandfather ya)

What an audacity US Distributors's have PK is 6 bucks in AMC and Malingaa is 15 bucks second week??

BTW what you think all these distributors / Theater owners will refuse screening thalaivar's next movie because of his track record?

thamiz
23rd December 2014, 06:34 AM
Dilbert: The distributors want to make "easy money" by claiming a "loss". But, they will run into legal trouble if they act "unprofessional".

cm123
23rd December 2014, 07:18 AM
Nobody appreciated the fact that the movie is without violence, vulgarity and alcohol scenes.

Dilbert
23rd December 2014, 08:27 AM
Nobody appreciated the fact that the movie is without violence, vulgarity and alcohol scenes.

:clap: yes your honor couldn't agree more. Except Camera chewing :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd December 2014, 02:54 PM
It seems USA is Rajni's territory , followed by Kamal. I am not seeing much BO reports from Canada, Canada has a "MASSIVE" Tamil population compared to USA, mainly due to Eezha Diaspora !

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd December 2014, 07:08 PM
how will this go with kids ?

http://www.sify.com/movies/superstar-minions-the-ultimate-rajini-tribute-imagegallery-kollywood-omqpcFiiggbcb.html

Raajjaa
23rd December 2014, 10:43 PM
சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் என்ற மாயை முடிவுக்கு வந்து விட்டது.

சென்னையில் எல்லா திரை அரங்குகளில் இருந்தும் லிங்கா படம் இந்த வாரத்தோடு அவுட்டு.

சந்திரமுகி பட விழாவில் நான் யானை இல்லை, குதிரை. விழுந்தாலும் எழுந்து விடுவேன் என்று கூறினார்.

லிங்காவின் படு தோல்விக்கு என்ன சொல்லப் போகிறார் என்று தெரியவில்லை.

thamiz
23rd December 2014, 10:51 PM
Lingaa (hindi) version is hitting silver screens on Dec-26 as scheduled. It will be interesting to see how NI "appreciate" this movie! :)

Chikatiloan
24th December 2014, 01:40 AM
சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் என்ற மாயை முடிவுக்கு வந்து விட்டது.

சென்னையில் எல்லா திரை அரங்குகளில் இருந்தும் லிங்கா படம் இந்த வாரத்தோடு அவுட்டு.

சந்திரமுகி பட விழாவில் நான் யானை இல்லை, குதிரை. விழுந்தாலும் எழுந்து விடுவேன் என்று கூறினார்.

லிங்காவின் படு தோல்விக்கு என்ன சொல்லப் போகிறார் என்று தெரியவில்லை.

Yes but the vendhar movies told the movie will pick up from Christmas,new year holiday..Even the common man knows that its impossible because of many movies lined up..even in big theaters shows reduced considerably in SPI cinemas from 40 shows to 15 now,mayajaal just 5 shows now,vertri theater in sub-urban 1 show..meanwhile KSR asked to wait for 100 days..i am sure if lingaa got positive reviews and movie is good then pisasu,x releases 4 movies would haven't happened and lingaa would have ruled till pongal..

thamiz
24th December 2014, 01:47 AM
Lingaa budget is 100 crores..

TV rights/music sirght sold for 35 crores they say

It has collected a gross of 135 crores so far in which distribut0r share is 75 crores or so.

75 + 35 adds up to 110 crores.

110-100 crores = 10 crores

I see only profit here. ALREADY! :)

The hindi release is yet to come out! :)

thamiz
24th December 2014, 01:58 AM
* Lingaa is still running in USA in select theaters. Rajini fans did not let Lingaa fall in US. It is a profitable venture in US. The same is true everywhere in overseas.. Let it be UK or Malaysia or singapore or middle east or Aus/NZ

* In KL Vendhar films released directly. Nobody complains there either

* KA/AP nobody complains either. Only the loser andhraboxoffice claims that it was SOLD SKY HIGH price. :lol: No distributor complains about the profit or loss.

* Only in TN that moron who does not have any professional ethics gave a bad publicity claiming that he lost money. He should not be given back a penny even if his claim is true. What he did was so "unprofessional"! It is against the law too! he should be punished for the bad publicity he gave!

Chikatiloan
24th December 2014, 02:17 AM
Who is moron public need to know..recent interview from vendhar..he is saying more than 40 crore loss till now and till Christmas he is paying the theater rent in secret manner,after which he believe the movie will pick-up which is not going to happen because of many new releases already occupying the theaters from tomorrow and linga shows reduced a lot..edhai nambuvathu

thamiz
24th December 2014, 03:16 AM

Actually THE MISSING violence and vulgarity are the ones which made everybody unhappy, I guess!

Only women and children don't complain about it and enjoyed the movie! :)

Dilbert
24th December 2014, 05:23 AM
how will this go with kids ?

http://www.sify.com/movies/superstar-minions-the-ultimate-rajini-tribute-imagegallery-kollywood-omqpcFiiggbcb.html

Brillant find Shivji ... This would be a fun project for little ones at temple this weekend to replicate them!! :lol:

Dilbert
24th December 2014, 05:24 AM
Who is moron public need to know..recent interview from vendhar..he is saying more than 40 crore loss till now and till Christmas he is paying the theater rent in secret manner,after which he believe the movie will pick-up which is not going to happen because of many new releases already occupying the theaters from tomorrow and linga shows reduced a lot..edhai nambuvathu

Oppari Continue!!! Saabhaaa !! unga veetu soap box safe thanea??

Chikatiloan
24th December 2014, 07:07 AM
Oppari Continue!!! Saabhaaa !! unga veetu soap box safe thanea??
Already one of the blogger mentioned..
Oppari ungalukku thaan..silar sirippudan oppari vaikiraanga..
niraiya soap box irukku onnu venuma..erkanavae soap podra media againsta ezhuthuraanganu ungaalunga pesikuringa..

thamiz
24th December 2014, 07:32 AM
Dilbert: Let us concentrate on +ve discussions!

thamiz
24th December 2014, 07:38 AM
I am really surprized Rajini is the boxoffice king in USA! After enthiran Lingaa is the next highest grosser in US!

thamiz
24th December 2014, 07:49 AM
Racegurram earned 60 crores (share) as a lifetime grosser! He claims that as a Blockbuster and claims that WW 4th highest collection for a Telugu movie!

Lingaa got a 75 crores (share) world wide collection in 10 days, this guy (andhraboxoffice) calims that it is not upto the mark. :lol:

thamiz
24th December 2014, 07:54 AM
I checked the BO collection for Tamil movies (other super *s from Tamil ) which were dubbed in Telugu, none of the movies made even close to Lingaa's collection. Robo is the only movie which could compete with Lingaa! :)

thamiz
24th December 2014, 08:04 AM
Sivaji was sold for 20 crores in AP. Lingaa was sold for how much??

paranitharan
24th December 2014, 10:12 AM
Already one of the blogger mentioned..
Oppari ungalukku thaan..silar sirippudan oppari vaikiraanga..
niraiya soap box irukku onnu venuma..erkanavae soap podra media againsta ezhuthuraanganu ungaalunga pesikuringa..

oppari ungalukku illaena een ivlo sirama pattu munakuringa?

Chikatiloan
24th December 2014, 10:37 AM
oppari ungalukku illaena een ivlo sirama pattu munakuringa?

naan siramapattatha pakkathula irunthu paatheengala..like many I am here for timepass with my point of view..positive review thaan pudikumna adha maatum rasichi likes pottu poitae irukka vendiyathu thaana..

arulraj
24th December 2014, 11:47 AM
Moviecrow updated LINGAA as Average....

PARAMASHIVAN
24th December 2014, 02:53 PM
I am really surprized Rajini is the boxoffice king in USA! After enthiran Lingaa is the next highest grosser in US!
What is surprising about that ?? It has been the case since CM days isn't it? :) What is surprising for me is the fact, Canada has a massive Tamil population compared to USA , yet we don't hear any news about Canadian Box office with regards to Tamil movie ?

Dilbert
24th December 2014, 03:01 PM
What is surprising about that ?? It has been the case since CM days isn't it? :) What is surprising for me is the fact, Canada has a massive Tamil population compared to USA , yet we don't hear any news about Canadian Box office with regards to Tamil movie ?

They are now Modern dressed Mahalaxmies and Srirams !!

PARAMASHIVAN
24th December 2014, 03:15 PM
Lol @dilbert

bimmer
24th December 2014, 07:58 PM
Let us all agree to the fact that we are discussing Linga and Linga's performance at the BO. Comparing Rajni's star power to Allu Arjun or Vijay would be a sin. Agree to the Fact that the movie would have bitten dust had any other actor did Linga except Rajnikanth

Dilbert
24th December 2014, 08:16 PM
Let us all agree to the fact that we are discussing Linga and Linga's performance at the BO. Comparing Rajni's star power to Allu Arjun or Vijay would be a sin. Agree to the Fact that the movie would have bitten dust had any other actor did Linga except Rajnikanth

Bitten Dusta !! neengea vera .... THat Senthilman would have lost his postal address in Tamilistan period. Idukku per than stoking fire bimmer sir :)

thamiz
24th December 2014, 08:24 PM
Telugu movie mukundaa has been released in Hyderabad. Andhraboxoffice is already covering the movie as it is a "original telugu movie".

*****Varun Tej`s debut film, Mukunda received good openings all across this Morning. The film has slow start to its early shows but is Pretty good for Regular Shows. It is looking at an around 3Cr AP/N "share" on day 1 going by current trends. The film may not fall in evening too and is expected to do good considering tomorrow is a public holiday.***

In the media NOBODY is neutral these days!

bimmer
24th December 2014, 08:24 PM
Bitten Dusta !! neengea vera .... THat Senthilman would have lost his postal address in Tamilistan period. Idukku per than stoking fire bimmer sir :)

Fire la first kulir kayarathu neengala :)

Mr.GreyShirt
24th December 2014, 10:55 PM
They are now Modern dressed Mahalaxmies and Srirams !!

Hahaha true that.

There really isn't much market for Tamil movies in Canada. Majority of Tamil people live in Toronto and form what I heard Tamil movies don't do so well there either. In places like Ottawa where I live and has very little Tamil people you would be lucky to find one theater that screens a Tamil movie nowadays. I think the last movie that was screened in Ottawa was Thuppaki. Only Rajini and Vijay movies get screened in major theaters here but recently they did not even screen Kaththi or Lingaa in any one of them. Not even a small one. I called and asked some of the distributes and they told me that they don't get good collection from screening Tamil movies. So it is unlikely we will get a big release. Maybe 'I' might get screened here. We will just have to see.

Arragesh
24th December 2014, 11:21 PM
Finally gotta chance to watch the movie

Watched with almost packed house (I think only Super Star possible after this carpet bombing model adopted). Atmosphere is so electric that made me to enjoy the movie much more.
During my childhood it used to be just Rajni sir's film that we'll watch as family and we still do it. So thanks a lot to Rajni sir for giving us this opportunity.

Coming to movie
I liked it despite ifs and buts
Rajni sir as Raja Lingeshwaran was realy Rajni to me and couldn't agree present day character as Rajni sir at all Because for us image that we have for him is very high so couldn't agree him to be a pity thief.
Rajni Sir looked energetic & young in most of the places but could clearly see body double used even for songs.

about other things
Sorry didn't notice anything except Rajni sir....may be next watch :)

thamiz
24th December 2014, 11:29 PM
Finally gotta chance to watch the movie

Watched with almost packed house (I think only Super Star possible after this carpet bombing model adopted). Atmosphere is so electric that made me to enjoy the movie much more.
During my childhood it used to be just Rajni sir's film that we'll watch as family and we still do it. So thanks a lot to Rajni sir for giving us this opportunity.

Coming to movie
I liked it despite ifs and buts
Rajni sir as Raja Lingeshwaran was realy Rajni to me and couldn't agree present day character as Rajni sir at all Because for us image that we have for him is very high so couldn't agree him to be a pity thief.
Rajni Sir looked energetic & young in most of the places but could clearly see body double used even for songs.

about other things
Sorry didn't notice anything except Rajni sir....may be next watch :)

Seems like someone felt almost like how I felt. It is unfortunate we dont have that many "authentic Rajini fans" these days! :lol:

thamiz
24th December 2014, 11:31 PM
Canadian market used to be big for Tamil movies. Recently something has changed. If a movie is not released by aiyngaran in UK and Canada, the collection goes down at least 25%

Dilbert
24th December 2014, 11:34 PM
Seems like someone felt almost like how I felt. It is unfortunate we dont have that many "authentic Rajini fans" these days! :lol:

Authenticaa ? :lol: you continue ! Just to be clear I am not an authentic Rajini Fan !

thamiz
25th December 2014, 07:36 AM
Anybody interested in watching Lingaa for the 10th time? It is still going strong like a long-lasting energizer battery.. check this out!!

http://www.pragathi.com/movies/Tamil-movies-in-US-showtimes-tickets-schedules-1/

Music4Ever
25th December 2014, 09:32 AM
Anybody interested in watching Lingaa for the 10th time? It is still going strong like a long-lasting energizer battery.. check this out!!

http://www.pragathi.com/movies/Tamil-movies-in-US-showtimes-tickets-schedules-1/

Very strange that Lingaa is showing at Big Cinemas Edison again. That gave me the chance to watch it today evening. The theater was almost fully occupied (except perhaps a seat or two here or there). Movie was enjoyable. Younger Rajini is out of shape (relative to his movies post 2000).

Dilbert
25th December 2014, 10:31 AM
Very strange that Lingaa is showing at Big Cinemas Edison again. That gave me the chance to watch it today evening. The theater was almost fully occupied (except perhaps a seat or two here or there). Movie was enjoyable. Younger Rajini is out of shape (relative to his movies post 2000).

asinga pattan autokaran

Music4Ever
25th December 2014, 08:23 PM
asinga pattan autokaran

???? Come out of your siege mentality. I wanted to watch Lingaa last weekend, but it was taken off. It was re-inserted some time after, presumably yesterday. Else Google was lying. Anyway, why would the "autokaran" openly declare that he saw the movie and enjoyed it?

sakthii
25th December 2014, 08:35 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/india/lingaa-screening-theaters-giving-exact-collection-records-217758.html

http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/india/33-commercial-taxmen-watch-150-plus-shows-lingaa-make-hit-217747.html

thamiz
25th December 2014, 08:55 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/india/lingaa-screening-theaters-giving-exact-collection-records-217758.html

http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/india/33-commercial-taxmen-watch-150-plus-shows-lingaa-make-hit-217747.html

Seems like some pro-lingaa news are coming out now! :lol:

----------------------

In hyderabad, PK is reduced down to 50% screens too! When it happened to lingaa andhraboxoffice guy was making a big deal. Now he is keeping his mouth shut!

This is just a normal trend for any big releases.

Mukundaa made 3 crores on first day much less than what lingaa made. he claims that mukundaa is a HIT! :lol:

thamiz
25th December 2014, 08:57 PM
???? Come out of your siege mentality. I wanted to watch Lingaa last weekend, but it was taken off. It was re-inserted some time after, presumably yesterday. Else Google was lying. Anyway, why would the "autokaran" openly declare that he saw the movie and enjoyed it?

You are claiming that the theater was houseful. That only makes me wonder, whether it is ture! Because it is after 12 days.

And how much you paid for the ticket, may I know? :)

Music4Ever
25th December 2014, 09:27 PM
You are claiming that the theater was houseful. That only makes me wonder, whether it is ture! Because it is after 12 days.

And how much you paid for the ticket, may I know? :)

My statement is 100 percent true, give or take 5 percent :) When we discovered that Big Cinemas Edison was showing Lingaa again (at 6:45, maybe one more later, but I am not sure) we reached the place at 6:40 p.m., got our tickets, and entered the cinema hall at about 6:45. The limited capacity room (presumably about 150 to 200) was full except for the first two rows, but these mostly got filled as more people started streaming in. We paid $12 per head. There was cheer for Rajini when the super star title arrived. But the fervor was not that intense, since it is the second week crowd. The movie was good, IMO. Lingeshwaran character is vintage Rajini. The younger one was good too but out of shape (expected, with the illness taking its toll).

Dilbert
25th December 2014, 10:52 PM
My statement is 100 percent true, give or take 5 percent :) When we discovered that Big Cinemas Edison was showing Lingaa again (at 6:45, maybe one more later, but I am not sure) we reached the place at 6:40 p.m., got our tickets, and entered the cinema hall at about 6:45. The limited capacity room (presumably about 150 to 200) was full except for the first two rows, but these mostly got filled as more people started streaming in. We paid $12 per head. There was cheer for Rajini when the super star title arrived. But the fervor was not that intense, since it is the second week crowd. The movie was good, IMO. Lingeshwaran character is vintage Rajini. The younger one was good too but out of shape (expected, with the illness taking its toll).

Your honor that post was not directed at you !! :)

thamiz
25th December 2014, 11:27 PM

Thanks for the information. It is getting crowded again mainly because of the ticket price I think! :)

Chikatiloan
26th December 2014, 10:53 AM
adada..yaar antha asinga patta autokaaran? 2nd picturea paakavum..
comedy of errors..daily pala news varuthu..let them enjoinu konjam amaithyaa iruntha thaan paavam polarukku..

லிங்கா' வசூல் ரீதியில் இழப்பா? - வேந்தர் மூவிஸ் நிறுவனத்திடம் விசாரித்த ரஜினி

http://m.tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%A E%BE-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%9A%E0%AF%82%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%80%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%AF%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B4%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%A E%BE-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%A8%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%A E%B0%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%82%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B8%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%B5%E0%A E%A9%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%9F% E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%9A%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%B0%E0%A E%BF%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4-%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A9%E0%AE%BF/article6725160.ece

Lingaa -Complete washout in Andhra and telangana

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141226/nation-current-affairs/article/tollywood-nearly-broke

paranitharan
26th December 2014, 11:05 AM
Seems like some pro-lingaa news are coming out now! :lol:

----------------------

In hyderabad, PK is reduced down to 50% screens too! When it happened to lingaa andhraboxoffice guy was making a big deal. Now he is keeping his mouth shut!

This is just a normal trend for any big releases.

Mukundaa made 3 crores on first day much less than what lingaa made. he claims that mukundaa is a HIT! :lol:

I have noticed a pattern in andraboxoffice. He likes one actor wannabe from tamil and hypes him and plays down the rest including Rajini. Since the arrival of twitter world, everyone is a boxoffice analyst and everyone has a source from the industry. That id never fails to big up telugu boxoffice numbers but if I recall correctly, he is not fond of maheshbabu. I wonder who are his sources. He has sources not only in andra but in TN too. Unbelievable.

thamiz
26th December 2014, 11:35 AM
I remember the same guy was saying Robo will not recover distributors cost. Now he manipulated everything. He fixes his claims later!

thamiz
26th December 2014, 11:38 AM
Only thing he could not control is S *'s BIG OPENING in Andhra. Within few days he will say, collection dropped and then he will bring down. This has been happening from Sivaji days.. :)

thamiz
26th December 2014, 11:39 AM
Seems like someone is upset Lingaa is doing well in US. Bringing some -ve reviews and posting them as usual! :lol:

Chikatiloan
26th December 2014, 11:46 AM
If anyone notice properly I am not intended to post negative comments but just replying to folks who instead of just enjoying the positive thing together trying to drag others...
my reply is for 'disrepect','auto'..
My initial discussions were all about movie-whether its good/average/bad..for me its average but many people cant tolerate & start bashing..engalukku ennamo pesa theriyaatha maadhri...

thamiz
26th December 2014, 11:52 AM
They are promoting the Lingaa in Jeya TV. Seems like Sonakshi accepted immediately with a "thank you"! Aushkha too! :)

thamiz
26th December 2014, 12:25 PM
What KS Ravikumar said in Jeya TV was true though..

When padayappaa came out they said muthu was better and

When Lingaa cane out, they say padaiyappaa was better.

Lingaa would be a better movie only when the next movie of Rajini comes out! :lol:

PG2010
26th December 2014, 06:11 PM
No comments

mrsrajan
26th December 2014, 06:52 PM
Oh.. no KSR & Rajni combo again. Hari & Rajni combo next time may work...

Anban
26th December 2014, 07:10 PM
EXIM bank is auctioning Rajini's property as his family has a loan of 22 Crores overdue with the bank !!

thamiz
26th December 2014, 07:25 PM
Lingaa hindi beat ugly's opening? :lol:

****Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services 6

Ugly opened to very poor collections all over of around 5% and faces an uphill struggle at the box office. The film will probably add to the huge list of these similar type of films aimed at the metro multiplex crowd but the audience does just not come, The opening of Lingaa which is dubbed from a Tamil film was better than Ugly****

thamiz
26th December 2014, 07:40 PM
****Home » Box office Report » Ugly, Lingaa (Hindi) Box Office Collections: Friday Opening Report
Ugly, Lingaa (Hindi) Box Office Collections: Friday Opening Report

December 26, 2014 0

Anurag Kashyap’s Ugly which has released in limited screens today in multiplexes has started on a poor note as collections for the morning shows are in the range of 5-10%. The film primarily caters to niche audience which limits the potential of the film in a big way. It will have to show miraculous recovery if it has to leave any mark at the box office.

Superstar Rajinikanth’s Lingaa co starring Sonakshi Sinha and Anushka Shetty has been released in Hindi today and the movie has started poorly at the box office with occupancies in morning shows ranging to around 10-15% , it is performing better than the other Hindi release Ugly but that’s just about it.

Both the new releases this week have an uphill task as the PK Juggernaut marches into its second week with good occupancies even on its 8th day.**************

Lingaa is doing better than other new releases? :)

vithagan
26th December 2014, 08:12 PM
EXIM bank is auctioning Rajini's property as his family has a loan of 22 Crores overdue with the bank !!

How its linked with Lingaa??

Dilbert
26th December 2014, 08:15 PM

Super star Rajnikanth property is going to be auctioned by Exim bank (Exports and Imports Bank) as per reports. Going into the news ‘Mediaone Global Entertainment Limited’ Production House has borrowed 20 Crore Rupees from Exim Bank during the Kochadiyaan Movie making. This Kochadiyaan could not able to get good returns as movie got no room in the audiences’ hearts.

Rajnikanth property is kept as surety for the loan amount at Exim Bank. The debt is now gone to 22 Crore rupees including interests and fine. If this high budget and technology involved movie screened well for good business and returns, this condition would not be emerged. The Kochadiyaan movie was directed by Rajnikanth’s Daughter Soundarya Rajnikanth.

Bathroom safe raja?

Music4Ever
26th December 2014, 08:22 PM
Your honor that post was not directed at you !! :)

Oh, I see. Apologies then :) I guess I need to pay close attention to what is going on around here. There is more to it than meets the eye!

Chikatiloan
26th December 2014, 10:18 PM
Why they want to release in hindi now when PK is getting good reviews..Jan 2nd is better choice as there is no new releases in hindi and PK already 2 weeks in theaters by then..
http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/aamir-khans-pk-swamps-theatres-ugly-lingaa-run-for-cover/

thamiz
27th December 2014, 12:13 AM
There is a news in financial express!

Rajinikanth fan dies in cinema watching ‘Lingaa’ in last desperate attempt to be near his idol

http://www.financialexpress.com/article/lifestyle/showbiz/rajinikanth-fan-dies-in-cinema-watching-lingaa-in-last-desperate-attempt

Seems like the media is desperate, not fans! :(

leosimha
27th December 2014, 11:46 PM
The fan died because of health reasons.

Dilbert
28th December 2014, 01:11 AM
The fan died because of health reasons.

oh isit !! I thought movie was that bad !!

leosimha
28th December 2014, 07:56 AM
oh isit !! I thought movie was that bad !!

Have you seen the movie? I assume you would have seen the movie at least a couple of times.

thamiz
28th December 2014, 08:16 PM
Lingaa Tamil showtimes in USA

http://www.pragathi.com/movies/Lingaa_%28Tamil%29-Tamil-movie-in-US-showtimes-tickets-schedules/

mappi
29th December 2014, 11:59 PM
Mappi or anyone noticed the Padayappa kind of walk in oh nanba song before he and others throw caps?

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10873607_828342057209235_4004663579421591514_o.jpg

Yes. It also has several other Rajini (also known as style) in this song. There was only one person who had mentioned it and his review was posted by Thamiz. He pointed it out, so I did not talk much about it. This song has Thalapathi & Muthu amoung many other Rajini in it. Waiting for the DVD to enjoy the full list.

Also Monalisa song has his favourite 'Seviduvein', only here he actually does that. The swords rotating behind him, just before, is awesome. He dances with his famous "shoe kulla pant" (Mannan) too. The intro of the cowboy sequence in the song, where he comes 'whistling & thullifying' is from Rajathi Raja intro song.

There is more and more in these 2 songs. I am not going to spoil it for the fans, pick up the Rajini you want, and just enjoy.

thamiz
1st January 2015, 08:45 AM
Andhraboxoffice claims that Lingaa made 11 crores in Malaysia!!! Are they serious? :)

thamiz
1st January 2015, 08:55 AM
According to this guy, it has collected 150 crores and a distributor share of 80 cores or so! No other Tamil film has collected this much WW (all languages).

He claims that the movie has to make another 100 crores to get any profit for the distributors! :lol:

thamiz
1st January 2015, 08:57 AM
Why are Rajini films sold @ a high price to distributors?? Why are they keep buying it @ a high price every time even after losing money in every movie???

Anban
1st January 2015, 09:01 AM
Each time a new distributor buys it and get cheated

Dilbert
1st January 2015, 08:02 PM
Each time a new distributor buys it and get cheated

And more importantly he doesn't claim all his movies got nominated to oscar & then pawn his bathroom :lol2:

paranitharan
1st January 2015, 08:15 PM
:lol:

Anban
1st January 2015, 09:35 PM
Well now his property is going on auction.. What do you say about that ?? The Asia's highest paid superstar can't repay his debts..

Anban
1st January 2015, 09:38 PM
His spiritual guru died immediately after Baba .. Now KB .. Hope he peacefully retires for good

thamiz
1st January 2015, 10:18 PM
I never thought he would do another movie after he had serious health problems. Well, he is getting big opening still, that only tells today's star value of him. He still holds the "super star status" in BO! :)

Dilbert
1st January 2015, 10:24 PM
His spiritual guru died immediately after Baba .. Now KB .. Hope he peacefully retires for good

Sentimenta thambi ?? fear that is portrayed here speaks volume. :lol:

Dilbert
1st January 2015, 10:27 PM
Well now his property is going on auction.. What do you say about that ?? The Asia's highest paid superstar can't repay his debts..

what did they teach you about business thambi?? High risk High dividend etc ,, adhu sari ungalkku rosogolla sapadavea time sari irundrukkum

thamiz
1st January 2015, 10:30 PM
Andhraboxoffice claims that Lingaa made 11 crores in Malaysia!!! Are they serious? :)

Nowhere the # he claims $1.7 million I have seen so far. Where is he getting these #s from?

Dilbert
2nd January 2015, 03:35 AM
Nowhere the # he claims $1.7 million I have seen so far. Where is he getting these #s from?

from the place where sun doesn't shine!!

vithagan
2nd January 2015, 05:56 PM
http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/we-will-pay-kochadaiiyaan-loan-on-our-own-says-murali-manoh-032538.html

kumarsr
4th January 2015, 01:37 AM
http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tamil-cinema/%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%A E%BE-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%9F-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%B7%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE%AE%E0%A F%8D-%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%A910%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%AF%E0%A F%8B%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B8%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%B0% E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%A3%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A3%E0%AE%BE%E0%A E%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/article6751129.ece

'லிங்கா' பட நஷ்டம்: ஜன-10.ல் விநியோகஸ்தர்கள் உண்ணாவிரதம்
"லிங்கா படம் எதிர்பார்த்த வசூலை பெறவில்லை. அதனால் பல கோடிகள் நஷ்டம். திரையரங்கு உரிமையாளர்கள் எங்களுக்கு நெருக்கடி தருகின்றனர். எனவே, நஷ்டமான தொகையை திருப்பிக்கொடுக்க வேண்டும்" என்று விநியோகஸ்தர்கள் தொடர்ந்து குரல் கொடுத்து வந்தனர்.

இந்நிலையில், 'லிங்கா' படத்தால் ஏற்பட்ட நஷ்டத்துக்கு ஒரு பதில் சொல்லுங்கள் என்று விநியோகஸ்தர்களும், திரையரங்க உரிமையாளர்களும் ஜனவரி 10-ல் சென்னை வள்ளுவர் கோட்டத்தில் ஒரு நாள் அடையாள உண்ணாவிரதம் இருக்க முடிவு செய்துள்ளனர். இதை ’லிங்கா’ திரைப்படத்தின் திருச்சி, தஞ்சாவூர் விநியோகஸ்தர் சிங்காரவேலன் தெரிவித்தார்.

இது குறித்து வெளியாகியுள்ள ஆடியோ பதிவில் அவர் கூறியிருப்பது:

'லிங்கா' திரைப்படத்தில் நஷ்டம் ஏற்பட்டது என்று ஏற்கெனவே பேசியிருந்தேன். அப்போது லிங்கா இயக்குநர் கே.எஸ்.ரவிகுமாரும். வேந்தர் மூவீஸ் சார்பாக அம்மா கிரியேஷன்ஸ் சிவாவும் அறிக்கை விட்டனர். 'இந்தப் படம் நிச்சயம் நல்லா ஓடும். மக்கள் கூட்டம் கூட்டமா வர ஆரம்பிச்சிட்டாங்க. விநியோகஸ்தர்கள் கொஞ்சம் அமைதி காக்கணும்' என்று பேட்டியும் கொடுத்தனர்.

ஆனால், விடுமுறை முடிந்து பள்ளி, கல்லூரிகள் எல்லாம் துவக்கப்பட்ட நிலையில் 'லிங்கா' வசூலில் எந்த முன்னேற்றமும் இல்லை.

ஒரு பானை சோற்றுக்கு ஒரு சோறு பதம் என்பதைப்போல முதல் வார கலெக்*ஷனில் நாங்க கொடுத்த பெரிய தொகையை இந்த வசூல் கவர் பண்ணாது என சொல்லியிருந்தோம். 'லிங்கா' ரிலீஸ் ஆன 22 நாளில் நாங்கள் கொடுத்த தொகையில், 30 சதவிகிதம் மட்டுமே திரும்பப் பெற்றிருக்கிறோம்.

மக்களிடம் இருந்து பாசிடிவ் ரெஸ்பான்ஸ் கிடைக்காததால், ரஜினியை சந்தித்து உண்மை நிலவரத்தை சொல்லவேண்டும் என்று நினைத்தோம். டிசம்பர் 22ல் சென்னை ராகவேர்திரா மண்டபத்தில் அகில உலக ரஜினி ரசிகர் மன்றத் தலைவர் சத்ய நாராயணாவிடம் ரஜினியை சந்திக்க வேண்டும் என்று அனைத்து விநியோகஸ்தர்களும், திரையரங்க உரிமையாளர்களும் இணைந்து மனு கொடுத்தோம். வேந்தர் மூவிஸ், ஈராஸ் நிறுவனங்களுக்கும் மனு கொடுத்தோம். அவர்களிடம் இருந்து எந்த வித பதிலும் வரவில்லை.

வேந்தர் மூவிஸ் நிறுவனம் ஈராஸ் நிறுவனத்தைக் கேளுங்கள் என்கிறார்கள். ஈராஸ் நிறுவனத்தினர் தயாரிப்பாளரைக் கேளுங்கள் என சொல்கின்றனர்.

45 கோடியில் தயாரிக்கப்பட்ட 'லிங்கா' படத்தை 220 கோடிக்கு வியாபாரம் செய்திருக்கிறார்கள். ஆனால், விநியோகஸ்தர்களுக்கு ஏற்பட்ட நஷ்டம் குறித்து யாரும் கண்டுகொள்ளவில்லை. இதைக் கண்டித்தும், எங்கள் நஷ்டத்தை சரிசெய்ய ஒரு பதில் சொல்லுங்கள் என்ற கோரிக்கையை முன்னிறுத்தி ஜனவரி 10-ல் சென்னை வள்ளுவர்கோட்டத்தில் ஒரு நாள் அடையாள உண்ணாவிரதம் இருக்க முடிவெடுத்துள்ளோம்.

'லிங்கா' படத்தை வாங்கிய விநியோகஸ்தர்கள், திரையிட்ட திரையரங்க உரிமையாளர்கள் அனைவரும் இந்த உண்ணாவிரத்ததில் கலந்துகொள்கிறார்கள் என தெரிவித்து இருக்கிறார்.

thamiz
4th January 2015, 06:25 AM
எதுக்கு உண்ணாவிரதம் இருக்கிறதுனு விவஸ்தை இல்லையா? :lol:

cm123
5th January 2015, 09:51 AM
Watched again, this time in my home town kumbakonam. Decent crowd with full of family audience. The recent editing was good and people enjoyed the movie. This time second half went fast for me. And it is doing better than all the movies released after Lingaa.

balaajee
5th January 2015, 02:38 PM
25 days

PARAMASHIVAN
5th January 2015, 07:26 PM
Film is still running in few London cinemas !

leosimha
5th January 2015, 07:29 PM
saw Lingaa in Rambha theatre in Trichy...well not much of a crowd...hardly 25 to 30 people in first-class...

kumarsr
7th January 2015, 07:54 PM
http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/Compensate-Loss-or-Face-Red-Card-Distributors-Warn-Rajini/2015/01/04/article2602559.ece

Compensate Loss or Face Red Card, Distributors Warn Rajini

CHENNAI: Nearly 25 days after its release, Rajinikanth’s latest film Lingaa has recovered a paltry 30 per cent of the down payment, alleged Tiruchy-based distributor and theatre owner Singaravelan.

This, he said, prompted fellow theatre owners and distributors to unite and organise a protest fast seeking a refund from the superstar. “If Rajini doesn’t offer refund, then we have no option but to boycott all his future films,” Singaravelan said.

With the city police commissioner not granting permission for the fast, however, theatre owners are seeking to move the Madras High Court.

“The producer (Rockline Venkatesh) made the film for `45 crore. Eros made more than `200 crore after buying it from him. Vendhar movies also made sizeable profits by selling it to us. So, how is it logical that we are left to burn?” he questioned.

He stressed that the least Rajini can do is to invite theatre owners for a discussion.

“When Jilla was not exempted from entertainment tax, Vijay and RB Choudary invited us to a discussion and offer compensation. This is a routine practice with the film industry,” he said.

“We placed our faith and money on Rajini. No one bought the film for KS Ravikumar or Eros and certainly not for its producer,” he said referring to Rockline’s earlier failed venture, the Vikram-starrer Majaa.

thamiz
7th January 2015, 08:28 PM
What is ROUTINE process? when the movie is doing so well in overseas and everywhere these illiterate morons publishing a video saying that it does not have any viewers. That too within 10 days of its release!!

Is that routine in BUSINESS???

The producers should file a LAW SUIT against these guys for spreading -ve news all over the world. It certainly affected the movie collection everywhere in the world.

The producers need to file a law-suit against these guys for being so unprofessional and spoiling the reputation of the movie everywhere in the world.

kumarsr
7th January 2015, 08:57 PM
Court directive on Lingaa distributor’s plea
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/lingaa-film-court-directive-on-film-distributors-plea/article6761371.ece

He represented his case to the producer and the actor. As there was no response, he filed the present petition.

Justice T.S. Sivagnanam of the Madras High Court on Tuesday directed the government side to respond to a petition by a distributor of Rajinikanth-starrer ‘Lingaa’ seeking police permission to go on a fast here.

The petitioner is demanding compensation for ‘loss’ as the film was a ‘failure.’

The petition had been filed by Marina Pictures, represented by its managing partner R.Singaravadivelan.

He said that he was the distributor of the film in Tiruchirappalli and Thanjavur districts.

As the film was a failure, theatre owners suffered and requested him to repay the sum taken from them. He made representations to the producer and the actor. As there was no response, he filed the present petition.

PARAMASHIVAN
7th January 2015, 10:51 PM
adadE Aaarambichutangla Marupadiyum, KandneeenU !

thamiz
7th January 2015, 10:59 PM
Have not watched Lingaa yet?

It is still running in USA after 25 days .. In more theaters than any new Tamil releases!

http://www.pragathi.com/movies/Tamil-movies-in-US-showtimes-tickets-schedules/

thamiz
7th January 2015, 11:01 PM
I hear that in US, there is no local distribution these days. They release the movie thru AMC straight to the theaters. Because of all digitalization, no "films" (padappetti) need to be sent anywhere!

m_23_bayarea
7th January 2015, 11:09 PM
Seems like the revenue needs to be distributed more fairly at all levels - producer, distributors, theater owners, and not to mention, salaries of Rajini, KSR, or even ARR. It looks obvious at this point that the movie was sold at extremely high prices to distributors/theater owners given Rajini's previous movies. Given that history didn't repeat itself, it only seems fair to reimburse these folks. After all, there are articles that say that the movie entered the 100 cr, 150 cr club etc. So it's not like they didn't make money overall!

thamiz
7th January 2015, 11:18 PM
The producers or Rajini should not give this Trichy-Tanjore distributors ONE PAISE!

They hurt the collection of this movie everywhere. What rights they have, to go, publish a youtube video saying the movie does not get any crowd in 10 days of its release??

paranitharan
7th January 2015, 11:35 PM
Seems like the revenue needs to be distributed more fairly at all levels - producer, distributors, theater owners, and not to mention, salaries of Rajini, KSR, or even ARR. It looks obvious at this point that the movie was sold at extremely high prices to distributors/theater owners given Rajini's previous movies. Given that history didn't repeat itself, it only seems fair to reimburse these folks. After all, there are articles that say that the movie entered the 100 cr, 150 cr club etc. So it's not like they didn't make money overall!
welcome back :D

omega
7th January 2015, 11:56 PM
The producers or Rajini should not give this Trichy-Tanjore distributors ONE PAISE!

They hurt the collection of this movie everywhere. What rights they have, to go, publish a youtube video saying the movie does not get any crowd in 10 days of its release??

The first video by Redpix came on the 6th day of release claiming they have made 4 crores out of 8 crores invested.
I have no problem about requesting money back owing to poor response for the movie. The problem is the way that guy spoke,

- Is Rajini's birthday a National Holiday for the movie to be released?
- Rajini fans are all 40+ with their kids in midst of Half yearly exams
- They themselves went for cheap publicity with all the story related cases..
- Movie was hyped by Rajini & KSR as being equivalent to 10 Padayappas...
- Why was the producer a Kannadiga?
- Why was EROS involved (a Marathi)

Who is this guy to question all this. If his only request was to get back some of his money why the hell he has to ask all these stupid questions.
There definitely is a much larger agenda to this whole issue..

omega
8th January 2015, 12:01 AM
Redpix review of the movie does give us some indication about the agenda as well.
Not to mention Dinamani's cartoon the very next day of movie release.....

thamiz
8th January 2015, 12:02 AM
The first video by Redpix came on the 6th day of release claiming they have made 4 crores out of 8 crores invested.
I have no problem about requesting money back owing to poor response for the movie. The problem is the way that guy spoke,

Who is this guy to question all this. If his only request was to get back some of his money why the hell he has to ask all these stupid questions.

Very well said, omega!

No sane distributors ever say what that guy said!! It was like someone "paid off" that guy to defame the movie and Rajini!

m_23_bayarea
8th January 2015, 12:03 AM
Omega: Agree with all your points. I think Rajini is at a stage where he also needs to care about his legacy as an actor/star. He's made statements in the past like "Ennaala yaarum kashta pattadhilla", etc... If he needs to maintain that, he must intervene here. Also, it surely looks like the new generation has taken over, so he also needs to re-evaluate his own stardom, market, competition, etc. and maybe select better scripts that suit his current age and status.

thamiz
8th January 2015, 12:09 AM
Also, it surely looks like the new generation has taken over, so he also needs to re-evaluate his own stardom, market, competition, etc. and maybe select better scripts that suit his current age and status.

This movie got a BIGGER OPENING than any other movie in the past.

The opening tells all about star value.

I dont see anybody overrode Rajini yet!

Dilbert
8th January 2015, 12:25 AM

someone hacked this ID :shock: agents of shield please respond "we have possible sighting of "Invisible Super hubber" :)

Dilbert
8th January 2015, 12:36 AM
I strongly oppose any suggesting Thalaivar should get RED Card !!. In my view he should be get Red,Blue,Green and Yellow also. Saving grace is he doesn't have Father-in law or out of law trying to honey ducking the distributors for releasing FUTURE movies. Its plain and simple, amateurs run amuck when it comes to Damil movies distribution business. As Omega mentioned one idiot who out bid others to get the rights also should be ready to take the hit.

This day and age its painful to see this whole process playout in front of us.

omega
8th January 2015, 04:54 AM
Omega: Agree with all your points. I think Rajini is at a stage where he also needs to care about his legacy as an actor/star. He's made statements in the past like "Ennaala yaarum kashta pattadhilla", etc... If he needs to maintain that, he must intervene here. Also, it surely looks like the new generation has taken over, so he also needs to re-evaluate his own stardom, market, competition, etc. and maybe select better scripts that suit his current age and status.

Great! So how is Rajini responsible for this greedy distributors investment?
Didn't he think about all those stupid questions he asked before making such a huge investment?
Did Rajini force him to buy for such a high price?
Which next generation actor movie has even touched Enthiran or Sivaji collection?
Did anyone manage to get their movie released in 600-700 theatres?
How about 200 theatres in US?

I suppose you are in US bay area still. Did any other movie open as big as Lingaa in the recent past?
From wherever I am I can see no one even close....

Did you watch those videos (Red pix) by that Singaravelan? Don't you see there is an agenda behind it?

Dilbert
8th January 2015, 07:13 AM
Great! So how is Rajini responsible for this greedy distributors investment?
Didn't he think about all those stupid questions he asked before making such a huge investment?
Did Rajini force him to buy for such a high price?
Which next generation actor movie has even touched Enthiran or Sivaji collection?
Did anyone manage to get their movie released in 600-700 theatres?
How about 200 theatres in US?

I suppose you are in US bay area still. Did any other movie open as big as Lingaa in the recent past?
From wherever I am I can see no one even close....

Did you watch those videos (Red pix) by that Singaravelan? Don't you see there is an agenda behind it?

Sare Vedungea Sir !! Unnecessary attention to a very stupid business model. Bigger the Bubble the harder the crash (Business Management 101)

Producer sells it for say 120 Crs with production cost of 80 Crs
Tier 1 Distributor either tries to release it on their own (with MGs with exhibitors or option 2 Sell it to Tie2
Tie 2 same thing
it goes on and on , the final guy who gets it is left a product which includes profit margin for all above the food chain !!

Best thing for Indian cinema would be companies like Eros or Sun Networks releasing these movies on their own rather than these fly by nite local/ regional distribution house.
Let them start building a transparent networks among rural exhibitors. Have tighter legal agreements etc.

In all this non-sense of 500 Cr , 1000 Cr how much of black is getting mixed with actual revenue of the movie? No one will ever know

cm123
8th January 2015, 08:49 AM
Last weekend I watched it in Kumbakonam-Thanjavur district. TICKET price was 100 and 150. (200 and 250 for first 2 weeks)still they are giving reservation coupons without ticket price. All are illegal. How can they show profit or loss with this model?

leosimha
8th January 2015, 08:13 PM
There is one news that in the month of Nov/Dec 2014 just before the release of Lingaa, Rajini's elder brother had told media in the press meet in Trichy that the TN govt shouldn't go against Karnataka while constructing dams. There was huge outcry against Rajini's elder brother then. something fishy and some connection?

why would these distributors/theatre owners pull Rajini into this matter? he is not the producer, right?

leosimha
8th January 2015, 09:26 PM
hmm...now all the distributors/theatre owners (most of them)of TN are planning to join a stir/fast against Lingaa producers and Rajini....not good signs...

cm123
8th January 2015, 09:33 PM
Pichaikara payalkal. Konjam panatha thooki potta , kavvittuu odi poyiduvanunga. This is not limited to movie business in tamil nadu.

thamiz
8th January 2015, 10:21 PM
These guys are funny. AVM and SUN network were very careful dealing with these guys. So they could not claim anything against Sivaji or Enthiran. Now they started again!

It needs to be dealt as a "business"!

Rajini or producers should not allow these guys to win this time!

Yeah, they lost money. SO WHAT? Dont cry that I got money here and there for high interest and all that nonsense.

Why are you so greedy?? Pay the price for that!

vijeeshgovindhan
8th January 2015, 10:25 PM
Right from opening, ‪#‎Lingaa‬ didnt collect even close to what years biggest BB Kaththi collected in TN - Distributors

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ibNGQd47t-I

Saai
8th January 2015, 10:26 PM
Distributors should be blamed for accepting to such a "Greedy" business model of producers. Distributors are asked to pay a high non-refundable amount for the film and in return only gets a commission of 10% that goes beyond the deposit paid. What kind of a greedy business model this by the producers. But once signed up, distributors have less rights to cry foul now. Pity these guys, really!

thamiz
8th January 2015, 10:28 PM
Distributors should be blamed for accepting to such a "Greedy" business model of producers. Distributors are asked to pay a high non-refundable amount for the film and in return only gets a commission of 10% that goes beyond the deposit paid. What kind of a greedy business model this by the producers. But once signed up, distributors have less rights to cry foul now. Pity these guys, really!

It is a business agreement. EROS have got insurance too. I dont think these guys can win. They can only make Rajini looks like a bad guy!

Saai
8th January 2015, 10:35 PM
It is a business agreement. EROS have got insurance too. I dont think these guys can win. They can only make Rajini looks like a bad guy!

Of course, these guys can't take this case legally. But, they will try to arm twist using their red card etc. Also, can emotionally blackmail rajni as rajni might not wish to spoil his name at this time of his career. Having said that, the distributors also have no option. Kandhu vattikku panam vangi kuduthurupainga!! Its solely because of their own mistake in accepting to all terms of the producer.

thamiz
8th January 2015, 10:39 PM
Of course, these guys can't take this case legally. But, they will try to arm twist using their red card etc. Also, can emotionally blackmail rajni as rajni might not wish to spoil his name at this time of his career. Having said that, the distributors also have no option. Kandhu vattikku panam vangi kuduthurupainga!! Its solely because of their own mistake in accepting to all terms of the producer.

You dont understand.

Go, read what that T-T disributor said in his first you-tube!

He should be thrown out of movie business! He is paid off by someone to badmouth about the movie!

thamiz
8th January 2015, 10:40 PM
He was attacking Rajini and criticizing everybody in the producer side. What right he has to do so? He should be punished for what he did, first

Saai
8th January 2015, 10:42 PM
You dont understand.

Go, read what that T-T disributor said in his first you-tube!

He should be thrown out of movie business! He is paid off by someone to badmouth about the movie!

You must be kidding me!.. This guy gives interview to Hindu and Anandha vikatan, claiming he paid 8 crores for his area. Ofcourse, it should be true. One could easily understand the reason behind his first video. He himself told that the movie's colelction purely depends on first week collection, especially the first 3 days. If that goes haywire, its done! This guy after investing 8 crores can be expected to give a knee jerk reaction after the movie dint do well in first few days.

Saai
8th January 2015, 10:43 PM
He was attacking Rajini and criticizing everybody in the producer side. What right he has to do so? He should be punished for what he did, first

Its a democracy Madam! He has his rights to share his opinions without being abusive. Infact, he is very respective of Rajni in the interviews.

CEDYBLUE
8th January 2015, 10:49 PM

Very well said.

CEDYBLUE
8th January 2015, 10:51 PM

He was very harsh. Even if it is considered an outburst after a business setback, these harsh/unwarranted questions would have done him no good, especially if he is trying to persuade Rajni to step in.

thamiz
8th January 2015, 10:55 PM
Its a democracy Madam! He has his rights to share his opinions without being abusive. Infact, he is very respective of Rajni in the interviews.

You dont understand what is democracy and what is business. You need to go see the papers they sign before they make a business deal. The producers have rights too. What if nobody bough that movie as it was overpriced. The loss would be for the producers!

m_23_bayarea
8th January 2015, 10:57 PM
Right from opening, ‪#‎Lingaa‬ didnt collect even close to what years biggest BB Kaththi collected in TN - Distributors

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ibNGQd47t-I

Very reasonable plea, and seems to be respectful of Rajini as well. So I don't see any reason why Rajini should not intervene and help rescue these guys. I am sure he will given his experience in this industry and how much he values his fans and his own image.

Saai
8th January 2015, 10:58 PM
You dont understand what is democracy and what is business. You need to go see the papers they sign before they make a business deal. The producers have rights too. What if nobody bough that movie as it was overpriced. The loss would be for the producers!

For your slowness, let me repeat again. One doesn't need to be legally right to raise a voice of concern. Even after signing a business deal and having no legal right to claim the stakes, a person in India can voice his opinion peacefully. That is called democracy. He is within his rights to do this.

Saai
8th January 2015, 11:00 PM
Very reasonable plea, and seems to be respectful of Rajini as well. So I don't see any reason why Rajini should not intervene and help rescue these guys. I am sure he will given his experience in this industry and how much he values his fans and his own image.

Bay, stands tall as always :clap:

thamiz
8th January 2015, 11:12 PM
For your slowness, let me repeat again. One doesn't need to be legally right to raise a voice of concern. Even after signing a business deal and having no legal right to claim the stakes, a person in India can voice his opinion peacefully. That is called democracy. He is within his rights to do this.

What he did does not come under democracy. He does not have any right to defame the movie, then or now. Neither do you!

Saai
8th January 2015, 11:29 PM
What he did does not come under democracy. He does not have any right to defame the movie, then or now. Neither do you!

lol! are you even aware of the memes created after a movie release on actors/movies/directors/producers. What did he defame? He tells the movie is not as expected. Whats wrong in it? How old are you by the way? just curious, as the above post sounds toooooyoung.

There is a problem, only if his data points are not correct such the collection figures he mentioned for his area.

leosimha
8th January 2015, 11:32 PM
there is a clear hand of the father-son duo....I can sense it psychologically by the events...anyways we are back to chandramukhi-sachin days....and now one other movie wants to be shown as the BB of 2014 ahead of Lingaa...

bimmer
8th January 2015, 11:37 PM
there is a clear hand of the father-son duo....I can sense it psychologically by the events...anyways we are back to chandramukhi-sachin days....and now one other movie wants to be shown as the BB of 2014 ahead of Lingaa...

^^^ Ayyo, Ayyo Athey santhegam than ennokum.

leosimha
8th January 2015, 11:59 PM
IMHO, the only reason Lingaa lacked a punch is because it was sans Rajinism and sans KSR stamp...otherwise the movie is good....people went with expectations like Rajinisms and KSR story like Muthu or Padayappa....

hmm...why can't the distributors/theatre owners demand to see the preview of the whole movie before buying it? don't we see the demo, look & feel of iphone before buying it?

if 2-3 mins of trailer is the only one to be decided...then these distributors/theatre owners should have understood from the trailer itself because there were no Rajinisms etc etc punches etc

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 12:06 AM
Very well said.

present sir !! where is rest of circle J#$king gang and THE ring master??

@ Bay stop entertaining these guys , they are nothing but trouble.

thamiz
9th January 2015, 12:07 AM
Vendhar movie has said, we also lost money about 15 crores. But this is business and so we take it as a business loss! Now these guys go after EROS. They did not sell the movie to these guys. I dont think EROS would care!

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 12:12 AM
IMHO, the only reason Lingaa lacked a punch is because it was sans Rajinism and sans KSR stamp...otherwise the movie is good....people went with expectations like Rajinisms and KSR story like Muthu or Padayappa....

hmm...why can't the distributors/theatre owners demand to see the preview of the whole movie before buying it? don't we see the demo, look & feel of iphone before buying it?

if 2-3 mins of trailer is the only one to be decided...then these distributors/theatre owners should have understood from the trailer itself because there were no Rajinisms etc etc punches etc

:lol: there will be always 1 idiot who will say movie was not good :) If we allow any Indian to judge and value someone's hardwork and investment "As a greedy indian" we will always ask for cheap price. Its in our blood and our birth right to be cheap.

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 12:14 AM

who is that father-son ? Distributor's Father ?? Movie collected 220 Cr really? How did this idiot know budget was 45 Cr? All non-sense propaganda

thamiz
9th January 2015, 12:20 AM
Lingaa tickets still sold for $12 but I tickets (Tamil) is sold for $10.25!!!

thamiz
9th January 2015, 12:23 AM
who is that father-son ? Distributor's Father ?? Movie collected 220 Cr really? How did this idiot know budget was 45 Cr? All non-sense propaganda

That guy will never gain any sympathy!

It is very clear that he is a big LIAR from the # he gives for the production cost!

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 12:49 AM
That guy will never gain any sympathy!

It is very clear that he is a big LIAR from the # he gives for the production cost!

Situation in TFI is disgusting, everyone wants fast and easy money.

@ Bimmer sir you still didn't answer me who is that father son ? PM me if you don't to post it here

bimmer
9th January 2015, 01:12 AM
present sir !! where is rest of circle J#$king gang and THE ring master??

@ Bay stop entertaining these guys , they are nothing but trouble.

"That the Younger generation has taken over" - All hyped. No facts whatsoever, No body exerts the level of anticipation and expectation as much as Rajini. There is no need to have a frickin Success meet Day 2!!!, Twitter updates 1 week sayin movie collected 100 Cr.

To me TFI looks like a place where Black gets converted to white - Period. For those who claim 100 cr, 200 cr, 300 cr profits- The money was made elsewhere.

Adox
9th January 2015, 01:16 AM

@ Bimmer sir you still didn't answer me who is that father son ? PM me if you don't to post it here

I've also heard about that father-son thing from friends in Chennai. Too controversial to talk about since there's no proof ... but the father guy is capable of such mischief.

bimmer
9th January 2015, 01:20 AM
I've also heard about that father-son thing from friends in Chennai. Too controversial to talk about since there's no proof ... but the father guy is capable of such mischief.

Partheergala - No smoke without fire. Neruppu illamal pugayathu.

Adox
9th January 2015, 01:21 AM
lol! are you even aware of the memes created after a movie release on actors/movies/directors/producers. What did he defame? He tells the movie is not as expected. Whats wrong in it? How old are you by the way? just curious, as the above post sounds toooooyoung.

There is a problem, only if his data points are not correct such the collection figures he mentioned for his area.

While its highly democratic to voice protests and concerns, once a business decision is made, its only gentlemanly to stay by it. Otherwise its whining - pure and simple. Thats how I look at it ..

bimmer
9th January 2015, 01:24 AM

PM ed - Hint - Moondru ezhuthu Kottai ezhuthu Iyyakunarum avarudaya otta pandhaya Maruthuvar maganum, Kalaikku puli pottavarum serthu seyyum jala bula jang

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 01:48 AM
PM ed - Hint - Moondru ezhuthu Kottai ezhuthu Iyyakunarum avarudaya otta pandhaya Maruthuvar maganum, Kalaikku puli pottavarum serthu seyyum jala bula jang

Danks sir, I saw your PM. I don't think they have guts or power to pull this off. I was looking at it from completely different angle. I know who is that "Great Man" you were referring to he is a chameleon of the highest grade.

Bipolar
9th January 2015, 03:03 AM

When "Superstar" was starting out, in the early years of his career, he was starring opposite leading ladies like Jayapradha and Sripriya...

Just wondering - if the leading ladies from the 1970's were starring as youthful leading ladies today, singing romantic duets, what would "Superstar"'s fans reaction be?

Just curious...

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 03:25 AM

When "Superstar" was starting out, in the early years of his career, he was starring opposite leading ladies like Jayapradha and Sripriya...

Just wondering - if the leading ladies from the 1970's were starring as youthful leading ladies today, singing romantic duets, what would "Superstar"'s fans reaction be?

Just curious...

It would be same reaction what there to be curious about? or whats your point with this crappy post?

Anban
9th January 2015, 04:56 AM

Oh come on. pm me immediately

kumarsr
9th January 2015, 04:58 AM
Four more distributors of Rajinikanth-starrer Lingaa move Madras high court
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Four-more-distributors-of-Rajinikanth-starrer-Lingaa-move-Madras-high-court/articleshow/45791390.cms

CHENNAI: Signalling more trouble for superstar Rajinikanth and producer of his latest film "Lingaa," four more film distributors covering almost all areas of Tamil Nadu have moved the Madras high court seeking permission to hold a fast in Chennai to highlight losses suffered by distributors of the film and theatre owners.

The film was released on December 12, the actor's birthday.

Marina Pictures was the first distributor to move the court after the Chennai city police failed to process its plea to hold the fast on January 10.

By the time Justice T S Sivagnanam took up the matter for hearing on Wednesday, four more distributors joined the issue.

While Marina said it suffered losses in Trichy and Thanjavur area, Vijayabhargavi Entertainers said they suffered losses in the Chengalpet region.

Capricorn Pictures said it incurred loss in North Arcot and South Arcot circles. Sukra Film and Chandrakala Movies claimed they lost money in Coimbatore and the Tiruneveli-Tuticorin region respectively.

Justice Sivagnanam gave the Chennai police 48 hours to take a decision on granting permission for the distributors of "Lingaa" to hold the hunger strike here. The police shall take a decision by 11am on Friday.

In its petition, Marina Pictures had said it released the film in Trichy and Thanjavur areas after purchasing its theatre rights for Rs 8 crore.

Claiming that the distributors and several theatre owners had suffered losses, the petitioner said neither the producer nor actor Rajinikanth was willing to talk to them.

In order to highlight the losses and plight suffered by the distributors and theatre owners, Marina Pictures approached the Chennai police for permission to hold the fast. As police had not taken any decision on the matter, the petitioners moved the high court for a direction to the police to permit them to hold the stir at Valluvar Kottam or the government guest house near Chetpet.

Bipolar
9th January 2015, 05:30 AM

It would be same reaction what there to be curious about? or whats your point with this crappy post?

So when was the last time Jayapradha or Sripriya played a leading role in a Tamil film?

Listen, don't be offended... I too am a fan of Rajinikanth...

It's best to know when to retire gracefully.

omega
9th January 2015, 05:34 AM

So when was the last time Jayapradha or Sripriya played a leading role in a Tamil film?

Point taken. What next?

omega
9th January 2015, 05:47 AM

Very reasonable & respectful indeed? You didn't see this phony's initial interview.

So how much did you invest in Kathi Mr. Singaravelan? Looks like you made a fortune in 3 days collection. Thanks for giving us a guideline as to how a Superstar movie (alas Kathi) should perform in the first weekend. Did you also invest in Kochadaiyaan sir? How much was your investment. Didn't you know the business model before signing Lingaa deal? I mean the Mannulipaambu deal? Was this deal only specific to Lingaa / Mannulipaambu? How was the deal for Kathi?

Who the f--k are you to comment on producers? Who were the producers of Rajini's previous movies? Did you even care to check if they were from Karnataka as well?
Again who are you to question the tax exemption for this movie? Are you saying the Govt. is so stupid to certify that? Mavane nee romba pesitta.

Why don't you stick with distributing only Vijay's movies. Seems like a very smart move to me. To whose tunes are you dancing?

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 05:47 AM

Dhoni .. mama madhriya? when people are ready to pay for tickets to watch "half baked-K i3all" heroes who have given one 3/4 Hit movie in a decade and claim Emperor of World cinema with Oscars is yet to define a category to honor them. I don't see problem with Thalaivar acting.

To your point I would be still pay for ticket and watch Rekha-ji in lead role :slurp: It all boils down to your taste, No one is forcing anyone to watch RK movies. However point taken

Bipolar
9th January 2015, 05:52 AM

Point taken. What next?

Well, nothing...

It's just embarrassing to think that the most popular star of Tamil cinema is a 64-year-old actor, dancing and singing love duets with women half his age.

Reflects embarrassingly on the rest of us. Makes us look pretty stupid.

Especially considering how fans are upset that some distributor asked for his money back, and they think that shows disrespect to the star!!!

Seriously guys...

If you still want to sing the praises of the guy, then continue... I cannot help...

I hope, some day, in Kollywood, we will see genuinely talented, photogenic actors, and films with a solid screenplay, production values, etc... Some day, Kollywood films won't be so embarrassing any more...

selvakumar
9th January 2015, 05:56 AM
Leo and Bimmer, that was unnecessary. We don't need to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omega
9th January 2015, 05:59 AM

Well, nothing...

It's just embarrassing to think that the most popular star of Tamil cinema is a 64-year-old actor, dancing and singing love duets with women half his age.

Especially considering how fans are upset that some distributor asked for his money back, and they think that shows disrespect to the star!!!

Seriously guys...

If you still want to sing the praises of the guy, then continue... I cannot help...

I hope, some day, in Kollywood, we will see genuinely talented, photogenic actors, and films with a solid screenplay, production values, etc... Some day, Kollywood films won't be so embarrassing any more...

No body is singing praises for this guy here. You are the one unnecessarily seeking attention. If you don't like 64 year old guy dancing with 18 year old girls stay away. Also if you want to see only photogenic actors on films then stick with Bollywood please. To many of us this 64 year old guy looks a lot photogenic than many.

Thanks for your advice. No one asked you to get embarrassed staying here.

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 06:07 AM

Well, nothing...

Seriously guys...

Lol so you don't like Gamal Hassar too? And don't worry that some day will never come for kollywood !

Bipolar
9th January 2015, 06:12 AM
No body is singing praises for this guy here. You are the one unnecessarily seeking attention. If you don't like 64 year old guy dancing with 18 year old girls stay away. Also if you want to see only photogenic actors on films then stick with Bollywood please. To many of us this 64 year old guy looks a lot photogenic than many.

Thanks for your advice. No one asked you to get embarrassed staying here.

I'm not seeking attention.

As I said, I'm a fan of Rajnikanth.

I liked many of his movies, especially during the 1990's. Many of his films from back then - brilliant.

But after "Chandhramukhi", I felt it was time for him to retire from leading roles. Certainly, with films like "Enthiran", "Kochadaiyaan", "Lingaa"... the trend has been disappointing.

I'm not blaming Rajnikanth, I blame the directors, who try to make "formula" films, and they are not interested in quality, only in returns.

Of course, cinema is an industry, and commercial considerations are important. But when you focus 100% on commercial returns, that's when the serious fans start to feel deeply disappointed...

Anyway, best regards to everyone...

thamiz
9th January 2015, 06:14 AM

Well, nothing...

Reflects embarrassingly on the rest of us. Makes us look pretty [COLOR=Grey]stupid[COLOR].

Seriously guys...

Why did you change the font-size?? :lol:

There are 300 movies come out every YEAR in kollywood. You can watch the 299 movies and enjoy them!

I think you are part of the problem! You are not looking for any solution! you rather looking fo rattention by increasing the font-size!:lol:

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 07:28 AM
I'm not seeking attention.

As I said, I'm a fan of Rajnikanth.

I liked many of his movies, especially during the 1990's. Many of his films from back then - brilliant.

But after "Chandhramukhi", I felt it was time for him to retire from leading roles. Certainly, with films like "Enthiran", "Kochadaiyaan", "Lingaa"... the trend has been disappointing.

I'm not blaming Rajnikanth, I blame the directors, who try to make "formula" films, and they are not interested in quality, only in returns.

Of course, cinema is an industry, and commercial considerations are important. But when you focus 100% on commercial returns, that's when the serious fans start to feel deeply disappointed...

Anyway, best regards to everyone...

Who are those serious fans ? Do they watch movies from ICU? what happened to your font size high pitchma posts?

balaajee
9th January 2015, 09:18 AM
Fifth week

cm123
9th January 2015, 10:03 AM
Finally, some response from makers for the haters. Hope they will close it with proper press release.

thamiz
9th January 2015, 10:20 AM
They should not pay a paise to the Thanjaavoor-Trichy distributor! Let him go on hunger strike and kill himself. It is good for Tamil cinema if he leaves this world soon!

thamiz
9th January 2015, 10:22 AM
This guy claims that the movie was made in 45 crores, that itself tells his "honesty". Whatever "loss story" he comes up with all are LIES!

Cinemarasigan
9th January 2015, 10:33 AM
Dinakaran ‏newspaper
நடிகர் சங்கம் அறிக்கை லிங்கா பட விவகாரம் தயாரிப்பாளரிடம்தான் இழப்பீட்டை கேட்க வேண்டும்
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B64bSs4CEAAINrg.jpg

Cinemarasigan
9th January 2015, 10:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B63xhx4CUAAKwdC.jpg

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 10:41 AM
CR is this the RED Card for Thaliavar?

Cinemarasigan
9th January 2015, 10:44 AM
From Dinamalarweb

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B634yXnCEAAILmT.jpg

Cinemarasigan
9th January 2015, 10:46 AM
CR is this the RED Card for Thaliavar?

No, this is a press release from Nadigar Sangam in support of Superstar..

leosimha
9th January 2015, 02:29 PM
Leo and Bimmer, that was unnecessary. We don't need to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

point noted and taken. but the news is like rapid fire around...at least this is what I hear in Trichy....

PARAMASHIVAN
9th January 2015, 03:57 PM

Lol, I know "Exactly" whom you are referring to :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th January 2015, 04:13 PM
While its highly democratic to voice protests and concerns, once a business decision is made, its only gentlemanly to stay by it. Otherwise its whining - pure and simple. Thats how I look at it ..

Agreed!

Adox
9th January 2015, 07:34 PM
South Indian Artists Association to Rajinikanth’s rescue

The distributors of Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa had sought the actor to compensate their losses incurred due to the film. Reacting to this, the South Indian Artists Association had issued a press statement saying that the distributors should only approach the producers for this issue and not the artist.

“A film’s success or failure lies only with the audience. There is always loss and gain in any business and film business is no exception. Lingaa was expected to do well and on this belief, the business was done.

Therefore, on such a scenario, when there is loss, it is acceptable to approach the producer to work out some adjustments keeping their next project in mind and to compensate the loss. But it is not right to approach the hero of a film for losses. Every hero’s film will witness both up and down. To feel happy during profit and to expect the hero to intervene during losses is not right and heroes cannot follow this practice.

Therefore, the distributors should discuss with the producer on this issue and not the hero as this practice would set a bad precedence.”

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/nadigar-sangam-to-rajinikanths-rescue.html

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 07:48 PM
South Indian Artists Association to Rajinikanth’s rescue

The distributors of Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa had sought the actor to compensate their losses incurred due to the film. Reacting to this, the South Indian Artists Association had issued a press statement saying that the distributors should only approach the producers for this issue and not the artist.

“A film’s success or failure lies only with the audience. There is always loss and gain in any business and film business is no exception. Lingaa was expected to do well and on this belief, the business was done.

Therefore, on such a scenario, when there is loss, it is acceptable to approach the producer to work out some adjustments keeping their next project in mind and to compensate the loss. But it is not right to approach the hero of a film for losses. Every hero’s film will witness both up and down. To feel happy during profit and to expect the hero to intervene during losses is not right and heroes cannot follow this practice.

Therefore, the distributors should discuss with the producer on this issue and not the hero as this practice would set a bad precedence.”

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/nadigar-sangam-to-rajinikanths-rescue.html

In the name of 64 year old , this support will help lotz of 3/4 hit wannabe super -estaars :lol: mama aam happy ya !!

m_23_bayarea
9th January 2015, 08:00 PM
Dinakaran ‏newspaper
நடிகர் சங்கம் அறிக்கை லிங்கா பட விவகாரம் தயாரிப்பாளரிடம்தான் இழப்பீட்டை கேட்க வேண்டும்
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B64bSs4CEAAINrg.jpg

Feels like the establishment against a few that lost! A great storyline for Rajini's next movie where he can he the losers' hero or savior and fight for them against the establishment. Isn't this the story line that made him the Super Star to begin with? Unfortunately, he seems to be on the other side in real though! I really, really hope he will break his silence and do the right thing here. :(

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 09:31 PM
Feels like the establishment against a few that lost! A great storyline for Rajini's next movie where he can he the losers' hero or savior and fight for them against the establishment. Isn't this the story line that made him the Super Star to begin with? Unfortunately, he seems to be on the other side in real though! I really, really hope he will break his silence and do the right thing here. :(

Oh comeon talk with some sense bay , who asked these guys to pay price of enthiran or even higher for a movie which has much less production value. Its just pure greed nothing else. If equation was other way around these idiots would have donated extra profit to some charity? These are guys who needs to be eliminated from the business model.

leosimha
9th January 2015, 09:48 PM
Exactly....the distributors/theatres owners are like middle men....they are too greedy....why they want to take loan and even buy the movie....if they had kept their stand...then vendhar movies would have also lowered their demand...everything is cyclic...you know...

PARAMASHIVAN
9th January 2015, 10:02 PM
Oh comeon talk with some sense bay , who asked these guys to pay price of enthiran or even higher for a movie which has much less production value. Its just pure greed nothing else. If equation was other way around these idiots would have donated extra profit to some charity? These are guys who needs to be eliminated from the business model.

well said

bimmer
9th January 2015, 10:18 PM

It has become a habit these days 1. To file a lawsuit that the story was copied 2. No ROI paid a lot of money to procure the movie.

Is there a proper source to declare what the movie actually made? No - Would you disclose the actual profits if you made a lot of money buying the movie? No- Then shut the F*** Up and move on. Stop being greedy and pay for what you think the movie is worth for.

Also, if Rajni acts in another movie, these buggers will be the one again to inflate the price.

Saai
9th January 2015, 11:02 PM
Exactly....the distributors/theatres owners are like middle men....they are too greedy....why they want to take loan and even buy the movie....if they had kept their stand...then vendhar movies would have also lowered their demand...everything is cyclic...you know...

How come theater owners be middle men? They own the theaters and they are "THE" stakeholders in taking the movie to the end consumer. This is case of an overrated product oversold. A mistake from the buyers to take it at just face value. But...but....looks like this trade doesn't allow distributors to watch the movie. So, the distributors/ theatre owners do not have the chance to check the end-product. They go simply by the trust factor. That is why that guy is repeating the "10 padayappa thingy", which is what the people involved in the project told them.

You could accuse them of foolishness but greed? Who gets the majority of the money from a rajni film success? Is he greedy too? What are you even talking about?

omega
9th January 2015, 11:07 PM
How come theater owners be middle men? They own the theaters and they are "THE" stakeholders in taking the movie to the end consumer. This is case of an overrated product oversold. A mistake from the buyers to take it at just face value. But...but....looks like this trade doesn't allow distributors to watch the movie. So, the distributors/ theatre owners do not have the chance to check the end-product. They go simply by the trust factor. That is why that guy is repeating the "10 padayappa thingy", which is what the people involved in the project told them.

You could accuse them of foolishness but greed? Who gets the majority of the money from a rajni film success? Is he greedy too? What are you even talking about?

Was the deal (Mannulipaambu deal) specific to Lingaa? How are other movies distributed?

Saai
9th January 2015, 11:09 PM
Was the deal (Mannulipaambu deal) specific to Lingaa? How are other movies distributed?

The dumb guy told that too right? He tells its based on the actor's previous movie. In this case, they based it on Endhiran.... and did a decent markup on it ...lol

Realistically, the crew of the film will say its better than any rajni movie before. These guys should had been little sensible...

thamiz
9th January 2015, 11:23 PM
The dumb guy told that too right? He tells its based on the actor's previous movie. In this case, they based it on Endhiran.... and did a decent markup on it ...lol

Realistically, the crew of the film will say its better than any rajni movie before. These guys should had been little sensible...

Who told you enthiran or sivaji did not hurt some distributors???

Why are you keep covering up that moron distributor, anyway??

thamiz
9th January 2015, 11:25 PM
The fact is Sivaji and enthiran did hurt some distributors. AVM and sun network knew how to shut those guys up.

Dilbert
9th January 2015, 11:36 PM

Atleast one good thing which came out of this episode is all Black sheeps came out of shadows to show their ugly side. After all this atleast I would highly recommend Thaliavar to do something small
and completely different genre than this Robinhood, British ate pudding at paddington non-sense. Shivji-kku appa va naadikalam ?

thamiz
9th January 2015, 11:43 PM
Whenever you do a movie like enthiran, anniyan, this is what happens. If you ask me, somehow Lingaa got a great opening and at least it did not hurt the producers or original distributors like EROS. It has only hurt the local distributors and theatre owners, they never want to release Rajini movie as a "commision-based". They always want to take risk! Now it hurts them because they did take big risk!

CEDYBLUE
9th January 2015, 11:46 PM

Partheergala - No smoke without fire. Neruppu illamal pugayathu.

I guess all this nonsense attribution bias to SAC/Vijay or the Father-Son duo for anything and everything, takes source in the above 4 posts. Interestingly, these postmasters played pacifiers today, posting passionate pleas to calm down.

I am amused at the ‘Psychological’ feeling of someone here.

Leo, can be elaborate the exact sequence of events during Chandramuki-Sachin days that prompted you to psychologically blabber whatever you have?

Chandramukhi-Sachin was the case of a young actor with man-hair and gutso deciding to lock horns with 2 reigning superstars of tamil cinema, without any fear, without any buckling, without any postponement.

Quite a complete contrast to the recent chickening out, at the sight of Vishal’s Ambala.

You guys make a big deal of Villupuram run right?

How shall we call this Marathon then? Run29? Vishal-ed Run? VishalRun29? Ambala29Run?

So Vijay standing in front of his fans ‘begging’ to watch his movie for the producer’s sake is the lowest embarrassment of all, according to some.

How about wetting your pants at the sight of Vishal and Sundar C?

To me, it cannot get any wetter than this.This puts the famous Dharmadi Dharmendra episode to shame.

Jan 02 wasn’t it, the date that marked this landmark moment?

Maybe we should trend ‘Ambala29Run’ every year.

LOL, newspaper promotions have claimed a Pongal release until the 01st of January 2015 and between the 01st and the 02nd of January, some new unfinished business cropped up?

So who is the scapegoat? Harris Jeyaraj? Gautham Vasudev Menon? AM Ratnam? Trisha? Vivek?

Oh, ok but you know ‘Thala’ tried his best for Pongal release you know?

After shamelessly chickening out of the race, you have the nerve to bring Chandramukhi-Sachin, huh?

BTW, Leo, please provide reasons for your psychological thinking. Good solid reasons/sequences of events.

With all due respect, can you elaborate?

I don’t buy this ‘Father is Bad/Son is Better’ theory, It is Like Father / Like Son. Either the duo is bad or the duo is good. I believe the latter.

BTW, I am more interested in your ‘Father Guy is capable of such Mischief’ stuff. Though you say you don’t have proof about the ‘Father-Son’ duo, still you seam mighty convinced about the Father Guy.

Do you have any solid reasons and again with due respect for your posts, was it just based on hearsay or worse, was it just an attempt to divert frustration of Lingaa’s monumental failure to the industry’s most loved abuse material – SAC and Vijay, just like how it has been happening right from day 1 of Lingaa’s release?

Saai
9th January 2015, 11:46 PM

In this case , its not that single guy who is asking compensation. Its a group of distributors. One more thing, the scale of loss also will matter right? As you brought up the case of distributor loss for shivaji and Endhiran, you'v got to tell whats the loss? Here he has clearly told that after an 8 crore investment, he got only 4 crore back.

Covering up? what did I cover up?

thamiz
9th January 2015, 11:51 PM
cedyblue: You need to take this somewhere else. Or talk to the moderator. We dont want to discuss this here. Thanks!

thamiz
9th January 2015, 11:52 PM
In this case , its not that single guy who is asking compensation. Its a group of distributors. One more thing, the scale of loss also will matter right? As you brought up the case of distributor loss for shivaji and Endhiran, you'v got to tell whats the loss? Here he has clearly told that after an 8 crore investment, he got only 4 crore back.

Covering up? what did I cover up?

Single guy started.. Now everybody wants their share as it is free money. What is your problem??

CEDYBLUE
9th January 2015, 11:55 PM
cedyblue: You need to take this somewhere else. Or talk to the moderator. We dont want to discuss this here. Thanks!

Sorry to disappoint you.

Turn to previous pages. The posts appeared here and the responses will be posted here too.

Thanks

thamiz
9th January 2015, 11:55 PM
Saai : You keep supporting the moron distributor as if he is sensible. That's what you have been doing. You dont understand what is democracy and how to do business in democratic land either. You keep talking some worthless argument just like that distributor. Is that clear now?

Saai
9th January 2015, 11:56 PM
Single guy started.. Now everybody wants their share as it is free money. What is your problem??

That is your simply just your opinion.....whats your problem? everyone should subscribe to it? by the way, even in the first video, there were multiple distributors talking.

Chikatiloan
9th January 2015, 11:58 PM
Still i cant move out of rajni-kamal and not a fan of any current generation actors like vijay,ajith,surya,vikram,etc..still cant accept these people when both stalwarts still in the industry..but tagging Linga failure with vijay is utter non-sense..
the movie is not liked by many rajni fans itslef..yes there are few rajni who doesnt agree and still say movie is liked by everyone..dilbert also said movie is not good ,among my friends 4 of them r hardcore rajni fans and except 1 all of them disliked the movie,its the case with many..
So nowhere Lingaa failure can be artificially created by vijay fans..
Theater/distributor story is totally different altogether..

thamiz
9th January 2015, 11:58 PM
That is your simply just your opinion.....whats your problem? everyone should subscribe to it? by the way, even in the first video, there were multiple distributors talking.

Nope, you are keep supporting someone who opened his big mouth and spoiled the collection of the movie everywhere. It is a problem. Stop covering up the moron!

Chikatiloan
10th January 2015, 12:02 AM
Nope, you are keep supporting someone who opened his big mouth and spoiled the collection of the movie everywhere. It is a problem. Stop covering up the moron!

madam no one can spoil the collection if the movie is good..u keep on saying this..
i remember Chandramuki initial media reports were average but the movie ran to packed houses after 4 days of release..same is the case with many movies..

Saai
10th January 2015, 12:03 AM
Saai : You keep supporting the moron distributor as if he is sensible. That's what you have been doing. You dont understand what is democracy and how to do business in democratic land either. You keep talking some worthless argument just like that distributor. Is that clear now?

duh!!... even after teaching you multiple times on the difference between democratic right and legal right, you don't get it. But be around, some better teacher might prop up

Saai
10th January 2015, 12:05 AM

One Youtube video that was up only for few hours online spoiled the collection? What are you even talking about? Linga was panned the day it opened.

bimmer
10th January 2015, 12:07 AM
I guess all this nonsense attribution bias to SAC/Vijay or the Father-Son duo for anything and everything, takes source in the above 4 posts. Interestingly, these postmasters played pacifiers today, posting passionate pleas to calm down.

Leo, can be elaborate the exact sequence of events during Chandramuki-Sachin days that prompted you to psychologically blabber whatever you have?

Chandramukhi-Sachin was the case of a young actor with man-hair and gutso deciding to lock horns with 2 reigning superstars of tamil cinema, without any fear, without any buckling, without any postponement.

Quite a complete contrast to the recent chickening out, at the sight of Vishal’s Ambala.

How shall we call this Marathon then? Run29? Vishal-ed Run? VishalRun29? Ambala29Run?

So Vijay standing in front of his fans ‘begging’ to watch his movie for the producer’s sake is the lowest embarrassment of all, according to some.

To me, it cannot get any wetter than this.This puts the famous Dharmadi Dharmendra episode to shame.

LOL, newspaper promotions have claimed a Pongal release until the 01st of January 2015 and between the 01st and the 02nd of January, some new unfinished business cropped up?

So who is the scapegoat? Harris Jeyaraj? Gautham Vasudev Menon? AM Ratnam? Trisha? Vivek?

After shamelessly chickening out of the race, you have the nerve to bring Chandramukhi-Sachin, huh?

BTW, Leo, please provide reasons for your psychological thinking. Good solid reasons/sequences of events.

I don’t buy this ‘Father is Bad/Son is Better’ theory, It is Like Father / Like Son. Either the duo is bad or the duo is good. I believe the latter.

BTW, I am more interested in your ‘Father Guy is capable of such Mischief’ stuff. Though you say you don’t have proof about the ‘Father-Son’ duo, still you seam mighty convinced about the Father Guy.

Do you have any solid reasons and again with due respect for your posts, was it just based on hearsay or worse, was it just an attempt to divert frustration of Lingaa’s monumental failure to the industry’s most loved abuse material – SAC and Vijay, just like how it has been happening right from day 1 of Lingaa’s release?

I feel Obliged to reply to your lengthy post.

I am an Ajith Fan and some Posts should be taken in a lighter note. No one claimed that the 'Father/son" Duo was the reason behind the Red pix video, No substantial evidence to prove so!!!. Posted what I heard.

Everyone rants in the forum these days, the reason for YA delay is actually not Ambala but since they are planning to Re-release Kaththi, or out of fear that Puli will hit the screen anytime. Happy!!!

Movie delays and Vijay go hand in hand, so Vj fans need not discuss about movie delays. We just locked horns last Pongal and you know who won.

Chickening and Vijay - would be more apt. H ecould not maintain a rapport with DMK, ADMK nor any political party.

If you want to counter - You could bring in your adviser council Mr Nalla Thambi to this thread, and peace will prevail.

Chikatiloan
10th January 2015, 12:11 AM
One Youtube video that was up only for few hours online spoiled the collection? What are you even talking about? Linga was panned the day it opened.

Absolutely true..how these people can spoil movie collection..if the movie is going good with good WOM at that time of video interview by trichy distributor then everyone would have trashed him/beaten him..addressae illaame poiruppan..

bimmer
10th January 2015, 12:13 AM
Absolutely true..how these people can spoil movie collection..if the movie is going good with good WOM at that time of video interview by trichy distributor then everyone would have trashed him/beaten him..addressae illaame poiruppan..

The best way to shut these people is to have a success meet day 2 and emphasize the movie collected 100 Crores

Adox

Come on Cedy cool it! As I mentioned, I heard this from my friends separately during my Chennai visit last year .. I hadn't wished to elaborate or give credence since it lacked proof of any kind. But honestly I have very little regard for SAC due to his undue interference in his son's affairs. Do you see anybody else doing the stuff SAC does ? Feel free to believe the latter .. I dont think the same.

leosimha

your understanding is wrong...nobody goes by the trust factor....this guy went by the one and only Rajini factor....10 padayappa etc is all blown out...it was his expectation....

Dilbert
10th January 2015, 12:17 AM
Sorry to disappoint you.

Turn to previous pages. The posts appeared here and the responses will be posted here too.

Thanks

Move on man , we discounted that claim then and there. From what I understand Dr sir is a very honest man , you should be ashamed of yourself to drag him in to this !!

Saai
10th January 2015, 12:17 AM
your understanding is wrong...nobody goes by the trust factor....this guy went by the one and only Rajini factor....10 padayappa etc is all blown out...it was his expectation....

10 Padayappa, bigger than endhiran were from the production house as per the interview. But that is not even an argument here, as they are supposed to tell that. They are not going to tell this movie is just OK.

leosimha
10th January 2015, 12:20 AM

you speak a lot..you ask for proofs...etc...do you first have the proof that YA chickened out....

vithagan
10th January 2015, 12:20 AM

Audio functionalayum, TV Interviewlayum cast/crew sonnadha kaettu 8 kodi invest panna orutharukku support panra ungala enna solradhunnu theriya.. but you agreed that guy is a fool, thats good.

Do you think he is not Greedy?? Risk eduthu 8 kodi edhukku investment panni irupaaru andha "fool", oru varathula potta paisa eduthudalamngra nambikkai.. correct?? so if someone expects 8 crore collection within a week you would not call them Greed, then what do you call them??

Sensiblea pesunga.. chumma support pannanumnu pannatheenga..