PDA

View Full Version : Box Office Collections - Jilla vs Veeram

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Russellyhd
25th January 2014, 09:08 AM
#Jilla gets 1 show while #Veeram gets 3 shows in Jothi theatre,St.Thomas mount.

Mohan kumar.
25th January 2014, 09:58 AM
#Jilla gets 1 show while #Veeram gets 3 shows in Jothi theatre,St.Thomas mount.

:-D That statement should be Jilla gains 1 show in Jothi while Veeram loses 1 as Veeram was running there from the beginning..

ajaybaskar
25th January 2014, 10:11 AM
Raghav,

Not a prob bro. When guys like you, Siva,Arul or Parthy post something, we (or at least me) assume it to be true. So this came as a shocker. Thats all. :)

elsaen11
25th January 2014, 10:16 AM
:-D That statement should be Jilla gains 1 show in Jothi while Veeram loses 1 as Veeram was running there from the beginning..
:lol: yenna naasuka sonnaru aavaru :mrgreen:

Scotthvm
25th January 2014, 10:17 AM
Both movies are hit. One is doing better business than the other.
adhu nanga acept panrum,but ur repeatedly saying veeram bb and jilla flop nu solrenga,actually both film are not bb and not great and not best for both actors,both are hits,veeram ahead.idhudhan arambathila irundhu solram mukiyama freedam and karthick ungalukudhan

Scotthvm
25th January 2014, 10:18 AM
ya it explaibs why vijayanna films flop so badly in andra
enaya telgula release achi solung straight movies.2 movies ie nanban average talk in ap and thuppaki its hit in ap.pongayo ena pesanum theriyama pesuringa.

elsaen11
25th January 2014, 10:19 AM
rachel itha neenga paakalaya :2thumbsup:
http://i44.tinypic.com/34sgxea.png

Mohan kumar.
25th January 2014, 10:20 AM
Both movies are hit. One is doing better business than the other.

Already Veeram was entered into their gigantic list of BB by the one who is having the gift of prophecy..He knew it last week itself..
Out of his curiosity, that list entered into Vijay's thread also..

But the authentic sources in this week are saying that both the movies have reached the break-even status(or Hit) becoz of the 20% Entertainment tax imposed.

So, We can conclude Jilla is only a hit..

Russellyhd
25th January 2014, 10:21 AM
Pondichery : 3rd week #Veeram increased from 5 to 7 whereas #Jilla dropped from 6 to 1.. This shows who is winner.

elsaen11
25th January 2014, 10:26 AM
Jilla the only Pongal release that got extended for 3rd week in Holland,Germany and australia :smokesmirk:
http://i.imgur.com/1FVvVTy.png

Mohan kumar.
25th January 2014, 10:35 AM
Pondichery : 3rd week #Veeram increased from 5 to 7 whereas #Jilla dropped from 6 to 1.. This shows who is winner.

:-D neenga romba romba fast.. What a judgement based on the most important location for the total India BO collection..

But if Vj fans mention abt the collection of Kerala, UK etc. (even though they have the bigger market & difference than the above mentioned location), u will term it as their desperation.. Super..

Russellkuk
25th January 2014, 10:39 AM

No Mohan . It was 2- 2 shows before. I reside near that theatre. So I know very well. Even now you can check both the banners in Main entrance stating from 10 th.

elsaen11
25th January 2014, 10:45 AM
Yea I agree.
:notthatway: neenga inga oruthar podura count la vachi mudivu pannathinga :lol: ...aavaru 2nd weekend la theriyum yaar top nu sonnaru ippo 3rd week'nu sollitu irukaaru :lol:

elsaen11
25th January 2014, 10:47 AM
:-D neenga romba romba fast.. What a judgement based on the most important location for the total India BO collection..

But if Vj fans mentions abt the collection of Kerala, UK etc. (even though they have the bigger market & difference than the above mentioned location), u will term it as their desperation.. Super..
Kerala'la mattum 6 cr diff iruku :2thumbsup:

Russellkuk
25th January 2014, 10:48 AM
enkita adicha vidadhinga boss,nan irukaradhu andhraladhan,avaru remake panradhu oru reason and nanban telugula straight film vandhadhu,so moreover vijay apadinu sonave he is a tamil superstar nu theriyum,ofcourse surya popular bcs of lot of movies dubbed in telugu,but when comes to ur star,maximum of people dontknow and avlo popularum craze kidayathu compared to both stars

One thing sure boss. No offence, Thuppaki was hit in andhra. But other than that no one recognize him.. Its because,Upto now He did not release any films in andhra. I am not downplaying it. Reason is he doesn't dub any films.

You can mention If he has dubbed any films before thuppaki and got hit.

Mohan kumar.
25th January 2014, 10:48 AM
No Mohan . It was 2- 2 shows before. I reside near that theatre. So I know very well. Even now you can check both the banners in Main entrance stating from 10 th.

Oh k.. Thanks. But I had seen that theatre mentioned only in Veeram's theatre list.

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 11:02 AM

haha vadai vadai vadai

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 11:05 AM
kaaka briyaani website? right wokay

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 11:07 AM
so according to jilla team, jilla broke thuppaaki record. right ok ippo puriyuthu thuppaaki evlo collect pannichuny

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 11:08 AM
One thing sure boss. No offence, Thuppaki was hit in andhra. But other than that no one recognize him.. Its because,Upto now He did not release any films in andhra. I am not downplaying it. Reason is he doesn't dub any films.

athuvum big director vaichu edutha hit lol. ippo onnume ooduthilla unless he teams up with big directors

elsaen11
25th January 2014, 11:22 AM
kaaka briyaani website? right wokay
ithuku pear thaan vayula vaada suduratha :lol:

BM
25th January 2014, 11:24 AM
One data that surprised or rather let’s say shocked me was this

Against this,

Obviously this was worked out based on Behindwoods first-released CBO figures and the later-released ‘CBO’ figures minus ‘some’ suburbs.

The gross from Suburbs considerably higher than the gross from Chennai region was a little surprising.

As per today’s data,

Out of 74 theaters consolidated, 56 are in the Chennai region and only 18 are in the suburbs.

With respect to number of shows, only 38 out of 168 shows for Jilla today are from suburbs. That is less than 25 percent.

Similarly only 48 out of 185 shows for Veeram are from suburbs. That is more than 25 percent.

If one has to consider Chennai alone, today Jilla had a total of 130 shows and Veeram had 137 shows. Not bad for a ‘flop’ movie.

Going by the general tendency of giving all credit to Mayajaal, even if you add Maayajaal’s first day Veeram count of 51 to today’s numbers, still the show count for Suburbs is only half of the chennai count.

With this being the case, how did Suburbs garner more revenue than the revenue from Chennai?

Jilla had a significantly higher show count during the first week in Chennai and suburbs despite Mayjaal.

I know this is just peripheral and it all comes down to theatre capacity, occupancy etc.,But Behindwoods had indeed mentioned the theater occupancy to be 97 percent for both movies during the first week. But still, Veeram had better gross. Surprising!

Behindwoods looks limited and prone to manipulation. Sample, Udayanithi Stalin and OKOK.

Now suburbs seem to be another logical flaw.

As a matter of fact, despite Veeram’s obvious rise during weeks 2 and weeks 3, Jilla is still performing better than expected. It is also not wise to forget that Jilla had all the big screens during the greater part of the first 10 days and hence in all probability should have taken a lead. But Behindwoods had other ideas, which looks pre-determined.

I also don’t remember the last time when a movie that has grossed in excess of 60 crores atleast, by the end of week 3 was termed as a ‘flop’.

Jilla

No. Shows in Chennai + sub urb (Weekend): 714 = Rs. 2,72,96,250 ( per screen = 38230)

No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend) : 321 = 1,32,45,910 (per screen = 41264)

No. shows in suburb (weekend) : 393 = 1,40,50,340 (per screen = 35751)

----------------

Veeram

No. Shows in Chennai + sub urb (Weekend): 741 = Rs. 3,04,23,392 ( per screen = 41057)

No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend) : 306 = Rs. 1,23,31,018 (per screen = 40297)

No. shows in suburb (weekend) : 435 = Rs. 1,80,92,374 (per screen = 41591)

After seeing the number of shows from ‘some’ sub urbs, there should not be any surprise with sub urb gross > Chennai gross.

To understand how many screens that would come under Chennai region as per trade,

Let us take opening weekend shows (Chennai alone),

Jilla :

No. Shows in Chennai opening Weekend : 321

Assuming an average of 5 shows per screen per day = Approx. 21 screens

Veeram :

No. Shows in Chennai opening weekend : 306

Assuming an average of 5 shows per screen per day = Approx. 20 screens

So, in my other post, where I mentioned that big budget movies get around 12 theatres in Chennai region holds good.

For opening weekend itself Chennai region accommodated 306 and 321 shows for Veeram and Jilla respectively.

In your post, you claimed, after 14 days during a week day, 130 and 137 shows have been played for Jilla and Veeram in chennai is wrong.

Now coming to ‘some’ Sub urbs screens that comes under Chengalpat region,

Jilla,

No. shows in suburb opening weekend : 393

Assuming an average of 6 shows per screen per day = Approx. 22 screens

Veeram,

No. shows in suburb opening weekend : 435

Assuming an average of 6 shows per screen per day = Approx. 24 screens

To know how many screens that Chengalpat region can accommodate for a big star movie, I would like to share this Pillai’s tweet about Arrambam.

Sreedhar Pillai‏@sri50
Sri Thenandal Films informs me #Arrambam will b releasing record 103 screens in Chengalpet area, 'Plexes giving all their screens 4 2 days.

Ie 20% to 25% of a film’s entire TN number. Out of which, BW and Sify used to take ‘some’ sub urbs screens (around 20) collection along with Chennai and used to update as CBO collection.

And for “better than expected” part. Most of the Theatres are removing/shifting to smaller screens/reducing shows for jilla after pongal holidays, which is expected. If this is called “better than expected”, then the expectation was the movie would have been removed during the pongal holidays itself. Vijay would be hurt, if he knows what his fans expected.

Going by the general tendency of giving all credit to Mayajaal[/B].

Ok, i will take this as loser's "That's ok. The grapes were sore anyway" statement.

Behindwoods looks limited and prone to manipulation. Sample, Udayanithi Stalin and OKOK.

But Behindwoods had other ideas, which looks pre-determined.

For “ithellam oru electionaada.. naan ennamo thOaththa maathiri” kind of statements by telling BW manipulated, pre determined blah blah blah. First of all BW logo is there in Jilla paper advts, i guess they are one of the media partners for Jilla.

10 days CBO collections provided by both Pillai and BW indicating that there is no manipulation in numbers by BW at least this time. So no foul cry.

At the end of 10 days Veeram had grossed around Rs 3.90 Crores, while Jilla was close behind around Rs 3.85 Crore.
http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15047602&cid=13525926

But agree wit you on OKOK part. After that issue, this is the only time, where BW changed the issued CBO list and brought up the 2nd position person to 1st position and gave him 1 week time frame to celebrate as much success party as he can. As a media partners, they can do only this much. Blaming BW and showing as a victim, even after getting favour from them is a nice strategy.

I also don’t remember the last time when a movie that has grossed in excess of 60 crores atleast, by the end of week 3 was termed as a ‘flop’.

I like to know, if this 60 crores is ww collection or india alone or tamil nadu alone or kerala alone or uk alone or except tn. Because for TN, unless Sify/Pillai or BW reveals the numbers there is almost nil chance to know TN figures.

If it is taken from fabflikz, masalaglitz, cinemalead, bondra box office, moviecrow type of sources, you can skip to reply and can save your energy and mine.

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 11:28 AM
jalrawood nalla jalra thattichu for jilla by giving equalrating and promoting on the main page with big ads.

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 11:28 AM
BM nach

BM
25th January 2014, 12:02 PM
sg-cafe ‏@media_sgcafe
#Veeram seems to have leaped ahead of #Jilla in Singapore. Opening screen count Jilla 21 Veeram 20. Now Jilla 3 Veeram 6. Awaiting BO fig.

Scotthvm
25th January 2014, 12:17 PM

before thupaki ,nanban had average talk in ap and vijay scored good marks.adhuku munadiliy theriyum bro,he is tamilnadu superstarnu because that kind of media are there.ajithku elam no craze boss.

athuvum big director vaichu edutha hit lol. ippo onnume ooduthilla unless he teams up with big directors
pesa therilana edho ishtathuku podadhaya,big director vechi kudutha ena,small director vechi kudutha ena hit hitdhane ,even bollywoodla ghajini broke all the records,so whatever new director or big director content is important.apdi edthukuna apart from vijay and ajith ,surya always works on top director and given hits.so thats are all individuall choices for them.pls think once before posting

so according to jilla team, jilla broke thuppaaki record. right ok ippo puriyuthu thuppaaki evlo collect pannichuny

idhelam overdhan boss

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 12:52 PM
lol keep 'em coming. entertaining.

Siv.S
25th January 2014, 01:31 PM
It was 2-2 till this thursday...

Siv.S
25th January 2014, 01:35 PM

But if Vj fans mention abt the collection of Kerala, UK etc. (even though they have the bigger market & difference than the above mentioned location), u will term it as their desperation.. Super..
Neenga chennai,cbe consider pannikkalame..

ArulprakasH
25th January 2014, 01:36 PM

When you talk about Kerala collections attribute Mohanlal also. I am not denying Vjs star power, but it is also their own Super Star's movie. He has some contribution in UAE and gulf collections. In UK BO also his earlier movie Drishyam has been found in top 25 as mentioned earlier by someone. Certainly Lalettan has a small share in it.

And the below one is an all India collection where they include Kerala too...

As per this report, We won against Vj but lost to Vj+Lal... :)

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 01:40 PM
These are just fake reports to save their blush. twitter la irukkira sinnansirusugal post panrathu as if they have done proper calculations using real data acquired from theatre owners.

There is also ad saying jilla 100c in 7 days. This is just cheating the public.

ArulprakasH
25th January 2014, 01:41 PM
BM :thumbsup:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th January 2014, 02:53 PM
In Kerala no matter how big and who's film releases Vj is on top of everyone ! No doubt in that... Lal also plays some major role but even if the film hadn't had Lal it would have gone to collect more than Veeram

rachel
25th January 2014, 04:08 PM

it says first 10 days...?????

today is the 15th day from release date...at start it was neck and neck for various reasons like same no of shows and theatres.
after 1 week, veeram started to lead...it's still going strong ...going to be a super hit or more..

and above it says distributors will be losing 15% ?? but movie is still running right????

but for jilla , it seems it is losing theatres and no of shows..sliding down...

and again they say 20% loss to distributors....

and how many of you want neason to direct vijay again?

and for ajaybasker...i don't know why u laughed when i wrote that vj was better dancer than ajith.
even though vj danced well, he and his fans lost the battle this pongal....

and for thuppaki ..it's not a master piece..it is just another commercial movie with new story and clever screeplay by murugados.

is it true murugadas salary is higher than vj's salary for their 2nd film???

rachel
25th January 2014, 04:29 PM
ஜில்லா, வீரம் வசூல்... அரசுக்கு லாபம் மட்டும் 6 கோடி!

ஜில்லா மற்றும் வீரம் படங்கள் பொங்கல் சீஸனில் அரங்கு நிறைந்த காட்சிகளாக ஓடியதில் அரசுக்கும் நல்ல லாபம் கிடைத்துள்ளது. ஜில்லா, வீரம் வசூல் குறித்து ஆளுக்கு ஒரு தகவலைப் பரப்பி வருகிறார்கள் கோடம்பாக்கத்தில்.
ஆனால் இதுவரை இரு படங்களும் ரூ 30 கோடிக்கு மேல் தியேட்டர் வசூலாகவே சம்பாதித்துள்ளதாக அரசுக்கு காட்டியுள்ளனர். தியேட்டர்காரர்களே ப்ளாக்கில் விற்கும் டிக்கெட் விலையை கணக்கில் கொண்டால் இந்த வசூல் இன்னும் அதிகமாக இருக்கும். ஆனால் டிக்கெட் விலைப்படி இந்தக் கணக்கு காட்டப்பட்டுள்ளது. இரண்டு படங்களுக்குமே வரிவிலக்கு இல்லாததால், ரூ 6 கோடி வரை அரசுக்கு லாபமாகவே கிடைத்துள்ளது. அதாவது பெருநகரப் பகுதி அரங்குகளுக்கு 20 சதவீதமும், கிராமம் சார்ந்த பகுதிகளுக்கு 10 சதவீதமும் வரி விதிக்கிறது அரசு.

ஜில்லாவும் வீரமும் 70 கோடி, 80 கோடி வசூலித்துவிட்டதாக படத் தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் விளம்பரப்படுத்தி வருகின்றனர். இந்த வசூல் கணக்கை உண்மையாகவே அரசுக்கு இவர்கள் சமர்ப்பித்தால்.. மக்களுக்குத்தானே லாபம்? செய்வார்களா? உடனடி செய்திகளுக்கு எப்போதும் ஒன் இந்தியாவுக்கு வாருங்கள். எங்கள் Facebook மற்றும் Twitter பக்கங்களில் தொடர்பில் இருங்கள்.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/tn-govt-gets-rs-6-cr-through-jilla-veeram-191877.html

Russellkuk
25th January 2014, 05:27 PM
before thupaki ,nanban had average talk in ap and vijay scored good marks.adhuku munadiliy theriyum bro,he is tamilnadu superstarnu because that kind of media are there.ajithku elam no craze boss.

To be frank, Nanban fetched more negative criticism for shankar. First failure for him in telugu.
(I did not talk anything about the actor.)
Since Most of the telugu People will watch hindhi film.
They started comparing it and it got huge critiscism.

raghavendran
25th January 2014, 05:44 PM
# Truecinemafan # ‏@Cinenewsworld
#Veeram Rocking 3rd Week In Srilanka Today Paper Ad Still Ruleng 7 Screens With 4 Shows ... pic.twitter.com/CLhWtN7E24

http://i42.tinypic.com/9hqufr.jpg

raghavendran
25th January 2014, 05:51 PM
in nanganallur vetrivel complex...Veeram was playing in vetrivel and jilla(smaller scrn) velan...now goli soda in vetrivel..veeram 3 shows in velan, jilla one show..

raghavendran
25th January 2014, 05:55 PM
TFU Kannan ‏@TFU_Kannan
#Veeram has been moved to bigger screens at Coimbatore from today - KG Big cinemas (Ragam) & Central theatre. Clear Pongal winner!

selvakumar
25th January 2014, 08:21 PM
pesa therilana edho ishtathuku podadhaya,big director vechi kudutha ena,small director vechi kudutha ena hit hitdhane ,

Poor surya. He was bashed heavily for working only with big directors. Now the world is round and not square for many ;)

CEDYBLUE
25th January 2014, 08:30 PM
--------------------

Well, for a moment I thought you have recycled your last post seeing your "--------------------", all over again. Reading through I now realize you have basically taken the same Behindwoods data to try to add another perspective to the 'Some suburb' question.

So I post a whole table listing all theaters from Chennai and Suburbs, outlining clearly about how the Chennai screens outnumber the suburbs screen and questioning the logic of Behindwoods’ classification, you come back with another analysis from the same Behindwoods data and try to prove that there are no ‘surprises with suburb gross > Chennai gross’. Having seen the length of the post, I expected more.

To know how many screens that Chengalpat region can accommodate for a big star movie, I would like to share this Pillai’s tweet about Arrambam

Sreedhar Pillai?

Hope you are aware of what you are writing. I thought the general perception about Sreedhar Pillai out here in our hub is that he his highly manipulative and writes reviews/BO numbers based on ‘covers’ received.

And to support your Behindwoods theory, you are taking help from the much maligned Sreedhar Pillai and Sify :)

And for “better than expected” part. Most of the Theatres are removing/shifting to smaller screens/reducing shows for jilla after pongal holidays

LOL, it would have been better and more honest if it would have been phrased like ‘Some of the Theaters’, but knowing the trend, the statement is not very surprising. Jilla sustained through the 10 day Pongal holidays better than expected, having held together by Brand Vijay, despite reviews/rating from branded BO pundits like TFU Kannadasan and Ramesh Bala. That is what I strongly think and agreeing/disagreeing is your choice completely.

Ok, i will take this as loser's "That's ok. The grapes were sore anyway" statement

Nah, don’t bother much. I have seen people here who have lived on a strict ‘Sore Grapes’ diet for years together with only returning to normal diet from the second Pongal week. So I have enough inspirations out here to keep going.

10 days CBO collections provided by both Pillai and BW indicating that there is no manipulation in numbers by BW at least this time. So no foul cry.

Behindwoods and Sify earlier and now Sify and Behindwoods. Doesn’t change much. Foul Cry all the way.

For a record, I rate Sreedhar Pillai as a better source than the Kannadasan’s and Rameshes and I would have taken/agreed to his information on a normal scenario. Not when it comes from people who ridicule Sreedhar Pillai’s authenticity time and again and based on convenience, use his data selectively. No ground to stand really. Behindwoods partnering with Sify doesn’t hold good here.

As a media partners, they can do only this much. Blaming BW and showing as a victim, even after getting favour from them is a nice strategy

This is the reason why I am saying again and again, don’t take Behindwoods seriously and don’t expect anyone to take your posts seriously when you lean on to Behindwoods.

I like to know, if this 60 crores is ww collection or india alone or tamil nadu alone or kerala alone or uk alone or except tn

Worldwide including India, Somalia, Nigeria, Uganda, Antartica and the likes.

If it is taken from fabflikz, masalaglitz, cinemalead, bondra box office, moviecrow type of sources, you can skip to reply and can save your energy and mine.

I really like this line and I would like to extend the same invitation to you. If you are going to respond with a lengthy post taking data from Behindwoods again, lets save some energy for both of us.

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 08:34 PM
Lal kuuda vanthum adi vaangiyaachu ini enna his keyboard warriors veera vasanam pesittu iruppaanga

paranitharan
25th January 2014, 08:40 PM
jilla thaan success. 3rd day la thuppaki collection break pannichu. 7 days la 100c collect pannichu.

Dammy R
25th January 2014, 08:57 PM
Cedy...awesome one brother....as always :-).

:clap::clap:

Mohan kumar.
25th January 2014, 09:06 PM
Cedy Super Bro.. :thumbsup: Athulayum finishing touch.. sema.. :-D

uruzalari
25th January 2014, 09:07 PM
Cedy a lot of sensible posts from you ...Thanks a lot

Scotthvm
25th January 2014, 10:59 PM
jilla thaan success. 3rd day la thuppaki collection break pannichu. 7 days la 100c collect pannichu.
bro could u stop this?pesa theriyama ishtathuku pesradhu

elsaen11
25th January 2014, 11:19 PM
I really like this line and I would like to extend the same invitation to you. If you are going to respond with a lengthy post taking data from Behindwoods again, lets save some energy for both of us.
:rotfl::rotfl:

BM
25th January 2014, 11:48 PM
Well, for a moment I thought you have recycled your last post seeing your "--------------------", all over again. Reading through I now realize you have basically taken the same Behindwoods data to try to add another perspective to the 'Some suburb' question.

So I post a whole table listing all theaters from Chennai and Suburbs, outlining clearly about how the Chennai screens outnumber the suburbs screen and questioning the logic of Behindwoods’ classification, you come back with another analysis from the same Behindwoods data and try to prove that there are no ‘surprises with suburb gross > Chennai gross’. Having seen the length of the post, I expected more.

Yes, I could have out rightly rejected your theatres list as it has 56 theatres (if screens no. taken in to account, it will cross 100 screens) in Chennai region alone. That is silly.
So for others to get some idea how much screens a big budget film gets inside Chennai and chengalpat region as per trade, I calculated BW numbers based on screens numbers.
To support the Chennai screens count, I added Sify’s CBO collection, which is on par with BW’s collection numbers. Means, both have tracked from the similar number of screens from Chennai, which is going to be around 20 screens. Both Sify and BW have better knowledge of Chennai screens than you and your silly Chennai theatres list. For you that reply wouldn’t have looked appropriate since it will make all your Chennai theatres list effort waste but interested people can read and judge.

LOL, it would have been better and more honest if it would have been phrased like ‘Some of the Theaters’, but knowing the trend, the statement is not very surprising. Jilla sustained through the 10 day Pongal holidays better than expected, having held together by Brand Vijay, despite reviews/rating from branded BO pundits like TFU Kannadasan and Ramesh Bala. That is what I strongly think and agreeing/disagreeing is your choice completely.

Ah, just to make you little comfortable you expect me to tell “some of theatres”? When the reality is “Most of the Theatres are removing/shifting to smaller screens/reducing shows for jilla after pongal holidays”.
Aadhi, Alwar, Villu, Alex Pandian all were sustained the pongal holidays better than expected. Sustaining initial pongal holidays itself now became an achievement.

Nah, don’t bother much. I have seen people here who have lived on a strict ‘Sore Grapes’ diet for years together with only returning to normal diet from the second Pongal week. So I have enough inspirations out here to keep going.

Hope you didn’t miss to see two credit cards in those people’s pocket during their “sore grape” diet period and still starving and staring about when the next card will be given.

Sreedhar Pillai?

Hope you are aware of what you are writing. I thought the general perception about Sreedhar Pillai out here in our hub is that he his highly manipulative and writes reviews/BO numbers based on ‘covers’ received.

And to support your Behindwoods theory, you are taking help from the much maligned Sreedhar Pillai and Sify :)

Behindwoods and Sify earlier and now Sify and Behindwoods. Doesn’t change much. Foul Cry all the way.

For a record, I rate Sreedhar Pillai as a better source than the Kannadasan’s and Rameshes and I would have taken/agreed to his information on a normal scenario. Not when it comes from people who ridicule Sreedhar Pillai’s authenticity time and again and based on convenience, use his data selectively. No ground to stand really. Behindwoods partnering with Sify doesn’t hold good here.

Pillai is known for underplaying a film’s success (ex. Arrambam, Vishwaroopam). Same time giving over hype for few of his favourite hero’s, production house’s movies. His reviews, less said, the better. He was/is/will be heavily criticized for these kind of acts. That doesn’t mean his criticizers should not consider his Chennai, TN box office numbers. Today, only Sify and BW have that better network and connections with the industry to get TN details. Their precision might not be on par with Rentrak or Mojo but instead of trusting a hero’s fake success meet, BW and Sify/Pillai can be followed to get some *indications* about TN, atleast till we get Rentrak kind of tracking system here.

This is the reason why I am saying again and again, don’t take Behindwoods seriously and don’t expect anyone to take your posts seriously when you lean on to Behindwoods.

A thief will keep upgrading himself with technology. Wall Posters to TV channel’s top 10 rating to Success meets to Online portal’s result manipulation. When that technology goes against the thief, thief and thief supporters will say not to believe the technology itself as it is not a foolproof.

Worldwide including India, Somalia, Nigeria, Uganda, Antartica and the likes.

Since it included India, obviously it should include TN numbers too. Now I am interested to listen about the TN numbers and from where it is taken from the person who asked not to believe BW.

That again depends on your reply about from where the TN numbers are taken.

VinodKumar's
25th January 2014, 11:51 PM
Cedy and BM , Eppdiya ivalo perusu perusa adikiringa ? Namakku rendu line-kae kai nadunguthu.

HonestRaj
25th January 2014, 11:57 PM
Cedy and BM , Eppdiya ivalo perusu perusa adikiringa ? Namakku rendu line-kae kai nadunguthu.

need of the hour, prescribed by Dr. Annan Anjasingam

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/106975375/Neurobion_Injections_Merck_Branded_Medicine.jpg

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 12:00 AM
Cedy you are totally wrong about suburb counts, it's more than city limit.. at least u should have clear in your post stating that till where u consider the city limit. I remember reading Udhay Stalin tweet mentioned 95+ screens for Veeram in chennai+suburb

BM :thumbsup:

BM
26th January 2014, 12:05 AM

:mrgreen: (youtube.com/watch?v=o6sn0coyHsc&feature=youtu.be&t=32s)

PS : Click the icon.

HonestRaj
26th January 2014, 12:09 AM
:lol:

annaikku Unakkaga ellam unakkaga, ippa mr.romeo ...
timing :thumbsup:

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 12:10 AM

ArulprakasH
26th January 2014, 12:22 AM
In Kerala no matter how big and who's film releases Vj is on top of everyone ! No doubt in that... Lal also plays some major role but even if the film hadn't had Lal it would have gone to collect more than Veeram

ipdi than TN la soltu iruntheenga... solo release panreenga... kooda release panni paarunganu.. naanga thaan top nu..
Mahesh Babu Rajini kooda nadicha padaththa TN la release panntu , TN collection la Rajini also plays some major role nu solluvinga pola...

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 12:59 AM

VinodKumar's
26th January 2014, 02:10 AM
BM and Honest, :lol: ...

Sad thing is neutrals lost interest in this clash in first week itself :(.

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 11:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be3_g37CEAAIDRK.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
26th January 2014, 12:00 PM
ipdi than TN la soltu iruntheenga... solo release panreenga... kooda release panni paarunganu.. naanga thaan top nu..
Mahesh Babu Rajini kooda nadicha padaththa TN la release panntu , TN collection la Rajini also plays some major role nu solluvinga pola...

Mahesh Babu-Rajni combo... Sound's weird... But the market Vj has in Kerala can't be compared to Mahesh's market in TN !! Adhu 1st ungalukku puriyanum.

ALWAR_AJITH
26th January 2014, 12:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be3_g37CEAAIDRK.jpg

:2thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
26th January 2014, 01:34 PM
Rachel,

I laughed at that comment because of obvious reasons. Its like someone saying Sachin Tendulkar has batted better than Chris Martin. It will tickle you for sure, no matter how holy a cow you are. :wink:

For the record, even if a Vijay fan had made that comparison, I would I have laughed. Nothing personal and if my post gave that impression, I am sorry. :)

Scotthvm
26th January 2014, 04:12 PM
Rachel,

I laughed at that comment because of obvious reasons. Its like someone saying Sachin Tendulkar has batted better than Chris Martin. It will tickle you for sure, no matter how holy a cow you are. :wink:

For the record, even if a Vijay fan had made that comparison, I would I have laughed. Nothing personal and if my post gave that impression, I am sorry. :)

:-D adhu

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 05:18 PM
Those who where speaking about collection and screen changes. Everyone here knows jilla had bigger screens and better theatres for atleast first 2 weeks. Say eg central and kanakadhara in coimbatore. Central has 600 + seats and kanakadhara has 100+ seats. With 4 shows a day for eg, almost 2500 people watch jilla and 500 people watch veeram. With atleast 80% occupancy for major shows the collection of jilla will be 5 times that of veeram. Same goes for bigger screens like abirami etc. On a avg with many big screens all over tamilnadu, jilla would have atleast 1.5(very minimum) times more collection than veeram. So does the number of people watched jilla. Now with taking main screen after 3 weeks veeram will have may be 30% occupancy ? (everyone know now a days movies hardly run for 3 weeks). This will be agreed by people who have atleast little substance inside their head and rest can post fake tweets, edited pics and fake news and shout vetri vetri. No issues.

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 05:29 PM
:lol: :rotfl:

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 05:31 PM
Best part of discussion from ajith fans was moviecrow,fabflick,cinemalead,sify etc all are fake and jaldrawoods is the only source for them :lol:. Ithula suburb, tt areanu vandi vandiya reelu :lol2:

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 05:34 PM
All the Pugaichals coming out slowly :lol:

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 05:34 PM
Even ajith fans agreed they are underdogs in pongal race. Not sure why one person is rolling on the floor and cleaning the room

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 05:37 PM
Whattay explanation for throwing out from 2 major complexes ( note that not even playing in smaller screens in those complexes ) :bow: Ippathan Methuvaa Ponguthu :lol:

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 05:38 PM
Dont have anything to prove but only have dubakoorwoods. Where ever there is authentic BO information across world, jilla leads whereas veeram rocks only in jaldrawoods. :lol:

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 05:40 PM
Dedicating this pic for Republic day Pongal :lol2:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bey8K0CCQAAoQ9E.jpg

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 05:41 PM
-deleted with warning-

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 05:44 PM
Dedicating this pic for Republic day Pongal :lol2:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bey8K0CCQAAoQ9E.jpg

ini vayasuku vantha ena varlana ena :lol:

Russellyhd
26th January 2014, 05:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be3474VCEAI2GKV.jpg:large

Veeram 12PM houseful in Devi today& 3.30PM is 50% filled-jilla in smaller screen compared 2 Veeram is almost vacant

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 05:46 PM
HeHeHe released in almost equal no.of Big screens... in fact all time highest ever 71 screen counts in CBE area..

http://i44.tinypic.com/ou8jno.jpg

smaller screens-laiyavathu shift pannirukkalam Ippa sila padangala paakka goundam paalayam vara poga vendi irukku :lol2:

Russellyhd
26th January 2014, 05:48 PM
siva...ipo 73 screens... increased 2 screens frm tis weekend :)

elsaen11
26th January 2014, 05:50 PM
With 80% of total movie collection comes from first 3 weeks,jilla had most of bigger screens. Ipa setha pambuku paal oothi(veeram bigger screen) ena use? :lol:

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 06:01 PM
Opened with Archana,Dharchana,Yamuna,Cauvery,Kanagathara,2 screens in KG,Karnatic,Sathyam Big screen -6,Kumaran,Brookfield...

Still continuing in all the screens, more big screens added... big screens logic pesuravanga.. small screen-la kooda yen shift pannalainnu ethavathu kaaranam sollarathu :lol2:

Scotthvm
26th January 2014, 06:10 PM
With 80% of total movie collection comes from first 3 weeks,jilla had most of bigger screens. Ipa setha pambuku paal oothi(veeram bigger screen) ena use? :lol:
nachunu soninga boss

Russellyhd
26th January 2014, 06:16 PM
Cine clip in today newspaper

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be1v2r5CAAID2q9.jpg:large

Russellyhd
26th January 2014, 06:21 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com ‏@TamilBoxOffice1 12h
Singapore Sunday Jan26 update:
#Veeram 17 Shows at 6 locations
#Jilla 8 shows at 4 locations
#Golisoda 8 shows 2 locations

ArulprakasH
26th January 2014, 07:42 PM
Mahesh Babu-Rajni combo... Sound's weird... But the market Vj has in Kerala can't be compared to Mahesh's market in TN !! Adhu 1st ungalukku puriyanum.

Rajini, Shahrukh Khan vachukangalean..

Vj ku market irukku Kerala la illanu sollala... Whole Kerala ku ithu Lal padama illa Vj padama? at the least it will be Lal+Vj padam.. If you talk about Jilla Kerala BO Lal cannot be taken out of equation... you guys are speaking big about Kerala BO collections but not giving credit to Lalettan... that's the whole point... :bye:

Lal illainaalum Kerala la beat panniruppomnu ninga sonna ulloorlaye naanga adichachu veli oorla adikka maattama? enna naan solrathu?

Russelldwp
26th January 2014, 08:38 PM
மலைக்கோட்டை எப்போதுமே விஜய் கோட்டை தான் - ஜில்லாவின் பட்டய கிளப்பும் வசூல் சாதனை திருச்சியில்

திருச்சி கலை அரங்கம் - 16 நாட்கள் - rs.89,54,678 - 65 shows - 50 lakhs given by theatre as minimum guarantee

திருச்சி வெங்கடேசா --16 நாட்கள் - rs.41,12,456 - 65 shows - 25 lakhs given by theatre as minimum guarantee

திருச்சி ஊர்வசி -----16 நாட்கள் - rs.29,67,778 - 65 shows -- 20 lakhs given by theatre as minimum guarantee

திருச்சி விஜய் -------16 நாட்கள் - rs.14,87,905 --60 shows -- 12 lakhs given by theatre as minimum guarantee

திருச்சியில் மட்டும் திரை அரங்கத்தினரால் கொடுக்கப்பட்ட அட்வான்ஸ் 1 கோடியே 7 லட்சங்கள்
திருச்சியில் மட்டும் ஜில்லா வாரிக்குவித்த வசூல் 16 நாட்களினல் 1 கோடியே 73 லட்சங்கள்

வினியோகஸ்தர் மிக மிக மகிழச்சியாக காணப்பட்டார்

uruzalari
26th January 2014, 08:40 PM

Vj ku market irukku Kerala la illanu sollala... Whole Kerala ku ithu Lal padama illa Vj padama? at the least it will be Lal+Vj padam.. If you talk about Jilla Kerala BO Lal cannot be taken out of equation... you guys are speaking big about Kerala BO collections but not giving credit to Lalettan... that's the whole point... :bye:

Lal illainaalum Kerala la beat panniruppomnu ninga sonna ulloorlaye naanga adichachu veli oorla adikka maattama? enna naan solrathu?

Lal has of course contributed to the business in Kerala. The result in Kerala would have been no different even otherwise. But Lal's contribution is only to increase the margin and not the result itself. This Rajini scenario that you are mentioning is a double edged sword. Lal's role in the film is almost that of the antagonist. If Rajini is shown biting the dust in a Telugu film to Mahesh Babu I do not understand how the TN fans would have appreciated it. In fact Jilla only firmly establishes Vijay's supremacy in Kerala as it does not seem that the Keralites have taken great dislike to the fact of Vijay winning over their own superstar in the film.

selvakumar
26th January 2014, 09:24 PM
Hey is it not the same group who used to say not long ago " opening Ellam super but finishing sari illa" poor guys that they are on the other end :mrgreen:

selvakumar
26th January 2014, 09:26 PM
All the Pugaichals coming out slowly :lol:

Ethir parthathu thaana :) till your opposition appears to be failing feel sorry. When he bangs and slaps you on the face, troll. :lol:

uruzalari
26th January 2014, 09:31 PM
Even the 'King Of Opening' group is on the opposite side...... Role Reversal this Pongal

selvakumar
26th January 2014, 09:34 PM
Even the 'King Of Opening' group is on the opposite side...... Role Reversal this Pongal

Haha.. Where? In places where he was told that he doesn't have a market. Someone who didn't want to compare multi starrer collections not so long ago for opening. US, tn, Karnataka all went well as per reports even now except Europe where collections published by new sources. Even then Vayasukku varanalae :lol:

selvakumar
26th January 2014, 09:36 PM
மலைக்கோட்டை எப்போதுமே விஜய் கோட்டை தான் - ஜில்லாவின் பட்டய கிளப்பும் வசூல் சாதனை திருச்சியில்

வினியோகஸ்தர் மிக மிக மகிழச்சியாக காணப்பட்டார்

Post is having 1960 look. Doubt varu they.. Oh :roll: Avarah.. Ne'er :lol2:

Parthyy
26th January 2014, 09:43 PM

where?? Tn karnataka us as usual we topped in opening mayajaal 41-30 sorry boss fail attempt
Europe kerala u keep cherising as always :thumpsup:

Parthyy
26th January 2014, 09:52 PM

Ada sasikumar kutipuli koda ganga central seri complex vittae orae adiyae thukalapa witin 2 weeks :wink:
Apram inaki central housepul ga veeram. atleast kanagadaara layaavadhu potrukalaam ipadi panitaangalae sivaji cha

uruzalari
26th January 2014, 09:58 PM
where?? Tn karnataka us as usual we topped in opening mayajaal 41-30 sorry boss fail attempt
Europe kerala u keep cherising as always :thumpsup:

In TN? beating in lakhs (according to some sources) is termed as King of opening? That too taking into account the general perception about the performance of Thalaiva and Arrambham at the BO. If that is so then well and good I rest my case.

Two things *) Veeram has got it ahead of Jilla
*) Jilla is a commercial winner it it's own right

This is what I believed has happened in TN. If you have a problem with either of the statements then we can argue. Else we can happily shake hands.

Parthyy
26th January 2014, 10:18 PM
In TN? beating in lakhs (according to some sources) is termed as King of opening? That too taking into account the performance of Thalaiva and Arrambham at the BO. If that is so then well and good I rest my case.

This is what I believed has happened in TN. If you have a problem with either of the statements then we can argue. Else we can happily shake hands.

Anyway TN Veeram ahead by 40-50 lakhs ..on openg day losing by 30 run or 10 whatever he has provd wrng to those souls which said ajith cn only succeed in solos
Y thalaiva/arambm evn aftr aegan,asal mangatha at tht tim nxt to robo

HonestRaj
26th January 2014, 10:54 PM
Post is having 1960 look. Doubt varu they.. Oh :roll: Avarah.. Ne'er :lol2:

thamiz'la type panna avvaiyar - thiruvalluvar kaalaththu aalunnu confirm pannidureenga :lol2:

selvakumar
26th January 2014, 11:18 PM
thamiz'la type panna avvaiyar - thiruvalluvar kaalaththu aalunnu confirm pannidureenga :lol2:

Arthu illa.. Shivaji thread post Inga post pannittaar pola :wink: screenshot is missing though

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
26th January 2014, 11:22 PM

Let me take this point... Ippo mattum illa.. Eppavumae never an ajith film will go on to beat Vj's film collections in Kerala... He's the darling of keralites !!!

podaskie
27th January 2014, 12:07 AM
Opened with Archana,Dharchana,Yamuna,Cauvery,Kanagathara,2 screens in KG,Karnatic,Sathyam Big screen -6,Kumaran,Brookfield...

Still continuing in all the screens, more big screens added... big screens logic pesuravanga.. small screen-la kooda yen shift pannalainnu ethavathu kaaranam sollarathu :lol2:

Still continuing in all the screens??? Thambi dharchana la 2nd week eh padatha thukitinga. Enaku therinja varakum cauvery,karantic,ganesh etc ithalaym thukitinga... innum research panna nerya theatre la thukringpa nu nenkaran....

VinodKumar's
27th January 2014, 12:24 AM
Innaiku Goli Soda padam paathutu varapa Jayanthi theater vaasal la oruthan sonnan "intha padam mattum pongalku vanthurukanum rendu perum chinna pasanga kitta adi vangirupaaganu" :|.

paranitharan
27th January 2014, 12:25 AM
In TN? beating in lakhs (according to some sources) is termed as King of opening? That too taking into account the general perception about the performance of Thalaiva and Arrambham at the BO. If that is so then well and good I rest my case.

Lol.. What has the success of Aarambam and failure of Thalaivaa got to do with the pongal releases? and it's not general perception but a fact that Aarambam was a BB and Thalaiva was average/flop. Beating by lacks? according to pillai and other mokkai sites? If we are tracking the theatre counts and shows, it shows a different picture.. and also remember jilla had mohan lal, who is very popular in different parts of TN and has fans overseas as well, whereas we came as single hero.. appidi irunthum tholvi thaan pola.. intha king of opening ellam we didn't come up with it.. It's a coinage used for Ajith in trade..

Siv.S
27th January 2014, 12:27 AM
Still continuing in all the screens??? Thambi dharchana la 2nd week eh padatha thukitinga. Enaku therinja varakum cauvery,karantic,ganesh etc ithalaym thukitinga... innum research panna nerya theatre la thukringpa nu nenkaran....
Maama saar, 2 weeks in both Archana dharchana is still good achievement than removing from most of the imp. screens within 2 weeks.. go back to this same thread I was the one posted Veeram retained in Yamuna and no shows for Jilla at all in that same complex.. ganesh ramesh lam oru issue-aa Central, Raagam-la move aakum pothu? unga research-aa sila pala padangalukku pannalam .. engaiyavathu oduthaannu..

paranitharan
27th January 2014, 12:31 AM
Hey is it not the same group who used to say not long ago " opening Ellam super but finishing sari illa" poor guys that they are on the other end :mrgreen:

lol.. generally a film collects a lion share of its collection by its 3rd week but those people usually argue against it to make light of our success. But when it's a clash of two or more films, a film has to run beyond 3rd week to be profitable or to increase the profit. It's funny to see their reaction now..

Siv.S
27th January 2014, 12:33 AM
Exactly :lol: sustainable pathi ippa oru pechum illa.. 2 weeks-kku appuram kandukka koodatham..

paranitharan
27th January 2014, 12:36 AM
Inna solrena.. Ajith hasn't acted in films that pamper to family audiences for a long while.. He was doing that in late 90s and early 00s a lot but after Villan, he rarely did films that cater to all kinds of audiences.. He just needs to act in just a couple of films pandering to these family audiences and they will flock to see him in theatre as it has been happening now.

paranitharan
27th January 2014, 12:39 AM
ada pongappa ithila Sachin and Chris Martyn comparision ellaam.. Sachin is one of the best in world cricket.. one of the best in the world nu solrathukku kamal acting'la irukkiraaru. avlo thaan.. intha pEyaattam, karakaattam, kuchi pudi ellaam yaarum aadattum but Sachin oda compare panni kochai paduthidathingappa :(

paranitharan
27th January 2014, 12:50 AM

haha green green'a write panraanga :P

Freedom
27th January 2014, 02:50 AM
1 days la 20 minutes trim.... 20 days la theatre vitte trim :lol:

Fate of Gulla. Only consolation is 2nd day success meet :lol:

Super hit in Nigeria and kazakistaan!! :lol:

selvakumar
27th January 2014, 03:05 AM
ada pongappa ithila Sachin and Chris Martyn comparision ellaam.. Sachin is one of the best in world cricket.. one of the best in the world nu solrathukku kamal acting'la irukkiraaru. avlo thaan.. intha pEyaattam, karakaattam, kuchi pudi ellaam yaarum aadattum but Sachin oda compare panni kochai paduthidathingappa :(

Couldn't have said it better !

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 09:20 AM

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 10:02 AM

ya accept, Veeram has got it ahead of Jilla in more number of crores :)

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 10:11 AM
1 days la 20 minutes trim.... 20 days la theatre vitte trim :lol:

:rotfl: gud timing

rachel
27th January 2014, 01:03 PM

:lol: i read it somewhere that 'jilla reached 100 cr mark'...

rachel
27th January 2014, 01:06 PM

:lol: actually..what are they saying? i could not understand

rachel
27th January 2014, 01:09 PM

venkkiram
27th January 2014, 01:09 PM
List of highest-grossing Indian films worldwide - Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Indian_films_worldwide

rachel
27th January 2014, 01:14 PM

interesting

yellow
27th January 2014, 03:37 PM
1. VEERAM
http://www.behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/jilla/jilla-box-office-jan-26.html)
Previous
Movie (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/jilla/jilla-box-office-jan-26.html)

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/veeram/images/veeram-box-office-jan-26.jpg

Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Jan 20th 2014 to Jan 26th 2014
Week : 3
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 5,36,83,579
Verdict: HitNo. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 180
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 75%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 65,43,000
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 320
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 55%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 79,34,982

CAST AND CREW
1 of 4
http://www.behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (javascript:void(0);)http://www.behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (javascript:void(0);)

Production: Bharathi Reddy
Cast: Ajith, Appukutty, Bala, CRANE MANOHAR, Devadharshini, Elavarasu, Manochithra, Mayilsami, Munish, Nadodigal Abhinaya, Periyardasan, Rameshkanna, Santhanam, Suhail, Tamannah Bhatia, Vidharth, Vidhyulekha Raman
Direction: Siva
Screenplay: Siva
Story: Bhoopati Raja

Music: Devi Sri Prasad
Background score: Devi Sri Prasad
Cinematography: Vetri
Dialogues: Bharathan
Editing: Kasi Viswanathan

Art direction: Milan
Stunt choreography: Silva
Dance choreography: Dinesh
Singers: Adnan Sami, Anand, Deepak, Devi Sri Prasad, Jagadish, Koushik, Magizhini Manimaaran, Priyadarshini, Pushpavanam Kuppusamy, Sagar, Shreya Ghoshal
Lyrics: Vivega

PRO: Suresh Chandra
Distribution: Vijaya Productions

[*=left]Veeram Review (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/veeram/veeram-review.html)
[*=left]Veeram Trailer (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/veeram/veeram-trailer.html)
[*=left]Veeram Music Review (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/veeram/veeram-songs-review.html)
[*=left]Veeram Preview (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/veeram/veeram-movie-release-expectations.html)

Steadily, Veeram has emerged as a winner at the start of the year. All the major screens are reporting good collections with some new theaters also being added at the beginning of the third week.

yellow
27th January 2014, 03:38 PM
2. JILLA
http://www.behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/goli-soda/goli-soda-box-office-jan-26.html)
Previous
Movie (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/goli-soda/goli-soda-box-office-jan-26.html)

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/jilla/images/jilla-box-office-jan-26.jpg
http://www.behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/veeram/veeram-box-office-jan-26.html)
Next
Movie (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/veeram/veeram-box-office-jan-26.html)

Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Jan 20th 2014 to Jan 26th 2014
Week : 3
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 5,09,89,836
Verdict: HitNo. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 147
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 75%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 49,00,050
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 284
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 55%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 74,87,106

CAST AND CREW
1 of 4
http://www.behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (javascript:void(0);)http://www.behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (javascript:void(0);)

Production: R. B. Choudary
Cast: Kajal Aggarwal, Mahat, Mohan Lal, Soori, Vijay
Direction: RT Neason
Screenplay: RT Neason
Story: RT Neason

Music: D. Imman
Background score: D. Imman
Cinematography: R. Ganesh
Dialogues: RT Neason
Editing: Don Max

Art direction: Rajeevan
Stunt choreography: Silva
Dance choreography: Raju Sundaram, Shidhar
Singers: A.V Pooja, Anand, D. Imman, Deepak, K.G. Ranjith, S.P.Balasubramaniam, Santhosh Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Shenbagaraj, Shreya Ghoshal, Snigdha Chandra, Sunidhi Chauhan, Vijay
Lyrics: Parvathy, Vairamuthu, Viveka, Yugabharathi

PRO: Mounam Ravi
Distribution: Super Good Films

[*=left]Jilla Review (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/jilla/jilla-review.html)
[*=left]Jilla Trailer (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/jilla/jilla-trailer.html)
[*=left]Jilla Music Review (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/jilla/jilla-songs-review.html)
[*=left]Jilla Preview (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/jilla/jilla-movie-release-expectations.html)

Vijay fans ensured good turnout in theatres for Jilla and the movie is still playing in substantial shows in many screens. A success to start the year for Vijay.

Siv.S
27th January 2014, 04:06 PM
Malaysia Box Office Third Week.

http://s17.postimg.org/84chr0oan/malaysia_veeram.jpg

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 04:13 PM
Chennai NSC area gross of #veeram is 12.5cr and #jilla is 9.7cr. .. many paid sites trying to project closely with less than 1c difference..

Mohan kumar.
27th January 2014, 06:02 PM
Chennai NSC area gross of #veeram is 12.5cr and #jilla is 9.7cr. .. many paid sites trying to project closely with less than 1c difference..

Very interesting :-D. If u can, pls also disclose the amount paid..

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 07:19 PM
Jan 27 #Veeram Vs Jilla Sathyam - 14 vs 12 Mayaajal - 6 Vs 4 AGS OMR - 4 Vs 2

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 07:32 PM
Late post...

#Veeram matinee & evening shows almost sold out at udhayam,kamala,abirami 7 star, annai abirami, vetri,sangam Avm rajeshwari, devi , superb...

#veeram almost sold out in AVM rajeshwari - 3 pm and 6.30 pm shows!!! terrific response even after 16 days

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be4tOaZCQAA6Mx5.jpg

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 07:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be4wo0cCcAEpqn-.jpg

Dammy R
27th January 2014, 07:42 PM
Taran Adarsh tweets ...Tamil Films...Malaysia. Till Sunday.

Jilla - 903,799 MYR (1.70 Cr)
Veeram - 869,448 MYR (1.63 Cr)

Source : Rentrak

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 07:59 PM
Ramesh Bala ‏@rameshlaus 12h
Startin Sunday, #GoliSoda with a higher occupancy and more screens added is giving a tough competition to #Jilla for No. 2 in TN Box Office!

Russellyhd
27th January 2014, 08:04 PM
Jilla moved to smallest scn in Raaki Cinemas (Lashmi Raaki) Its Less dan 150 Seating capacity.. Where as Veeram like a Boss in Main Raaki.. :smokesmirk:

Dammy R
27th January 2014, 08:35 PM
OMR Aravind screened Jilla for 2 weeks...replaced it with Veeram in week 3; and within 3 days...replaced it with Goli Soda..starting today.

Cheers!!

sekar_suman
27th January 2014, 09:14 PM

super, good update..

Scotthvm
27th January 2014, 10:54 PM
anyone translate this

Scotthvm
27th January 2014, 11:00 PM

super,paka source,but enamo aaramabam ,mankatha,billa2 ellam 100crores reach aidhuchinu solitu polambitu irundhanga,wiki clearly shows only 2 movies reaching 100cr club,after enthiran,its thupakki.thanx for ur post bro

Freedom
27th January 2014, 11:22 PM
super,paka source,but enamo aaramabam ,mankatha,billa2 ellam 100crores reach aidhuchinu solitu polambitu irundhanga,wiki clearly shows only 2 movies reaching 100cr club,after enthiran,its thupakki.thanx for ur post bro

You do know that you can edit wikipedia yourself, do you? Ignorance is wealth! :lol2:

Freedom
27th January 2014, 11:24 PM

I don't know how authenticate this is , but if it is....then it getting obvious Behindwoods is nothing more than dubakoorwoods.

Screen occupancy for both Veeram and Jilla is 75% for them. Ithan andha 75% occupancy aa? Enna koduma saravanan ithu!

Russellyhd
28th January 2014, 12:00 AM
Kaushik LM ‏@lmkmoviemaniac 8h
Though trade isn't committing clearly abt #Veeram #Jilla occupancies, #Veeram has surely had the better revenue all across the state

Freedom
28th January 2014, 12:17 AM
-never mind! -

CharlesPef
28th January 2014, 06:36 AM
http://www.kollytalk.com/cinenews/veeram-beats-jilla-top-box-office-collections-state-134250.html

uruzalari
28th January 2014, 01:14 PM
Rajasekar ‏@sekartweets 1h

With 30% tax in TN , both #Jilla& #Veeram can't be termed as hits/super hits,both might end up as decent hits/abv avg

http://cinemalead.com/news-id-veeram-and-jilla-17-days-world-wide-box-office-report-jilla-box-office-28-01-144383.htm

Scotthvm
28th January 2014, 01:31 PM
You do know that you can edit wikipedia yourself, do you? Ignorance is wealth! :lol2:
do u have any official source that mankatha,arambam reaches 100c

yellow
28th January 2014, 01:57 PM
do u have any official source that mankatha,arambam reaches 100c

For arrambam the producer itself declared as it is reached 125 crores in aata arrambam telugu audio launch itself :-D .. for mankatha need to check .

yellow
28th January 2014, 01:57 PM
if you want i can give the video link :)

vinodh143
28th January 2014, 01:58 PM
Box Office Analysis of Pongal releases Jilla & Veeram

With sources claiming that the overall gross of
#Jilla(77.56*c)
#Veeram(68.42*c)
for 1st 10 days and with the 25th day approaching,lets have a detailed analysis of the situation as per few inputs from authentic sources

Note:
Along with that,sources like Cinemalead,Sify,Taran Adarsh,Fab Flikz,Moviecrow & Behindwoods were also used for analysis

Rest Of India BoxOffice

#Jilla-1.2*c
#Veeram-0.96*c

Kerala Box Office Collections

#Jilla-8.2*
#Veeram-3.12*c

Karnataka Box Office
Jilla-4.3c
Veeram-3.9c
(Veeram didnt release in many interior parts of Karnataka and the screens n occupancy ratio of Jilla in Karnataka was way ahead than Veeram.Jilla was holding more screens than Veeram in Bangalore & Suburbs till their last major day of trade.Now both films were replaced in many centres due to new releases)

Salem & Surroundings
#Veeram-5.6*c
#Jilla-5.5*c
(Here Jilla released in 33 screens whereas #veeram released in 43 screens..
Now #Jilla has 40 screens but #Veeram has only 26.So final gross may be almost neck to neck)

Madurai & Surroundings:
Jilla:7.2c
Veeram-7.3c

Trichy & Surroundings:
#Jilla-4.64*c
#Veeram-3.97*c

Coimbatore & Surroundings #Jilla-8.1*c
#Veeram-8.3*c

(Note:Cosmo Shiva,the local distributor forced the single screen owners to maintain or increase the ticket rates for Jilla even after 2 weeks of its run so as to equate the 10% tax with that.As both parties had good profits with the film as claimed by Cosmo Shiva during the meet,they removed Jilla from most of single screens
PS:Cosmo Siva was the person who distributed Arrambham in CBE circuit.He went with Jilla instead of Veeram due to the loss he faced with Arrambam in that region and also for the market domination of Vijay in Coimbatore region)

Chennai BoxOffice Collections
(Included Suburbs)
#Jilla-10.89c (In 17 Days)
#Veeram-11.13 (In 17 Days)

The above mentioned Major Circuits of TN(Excluding Chennai) sums up as
#Jilla- 36.43*c
#Veeram-36.3*c

It is noted that Behindwoods which posted wrongly for the opening weekend stating Veeram had a better opening,changed its verdict the very next week after seeing other reputed sources like sify claiming Jilla had a better opening.Now both had lost its pace & new releases are occupying the screens of these films slowly with major gainer being "Goli Soda"

Other than this,we have worldwide gross in which
Jilla is way ahead by a huge margin.The worst part about this lead is that they werent including the major portions of Jilla's Australian revenue as it was equally distributed by both Ayngaran n many local distributors(Mostly in South Australia) whereas in the case of Veeram it was fully done by Ayngaran & hence all centres were reported..
In other countries & regions like
Malaysia,UK,France,Germany,Swiss and Gulf countries Jilla is ahead whereas in USA Veeram leads though there is only a slight difference between the two & both didnt do well there compared to other big releases due to the climatic conditions..
With TN alone being neck to neck for both Jilla,Veeram and with all other areas clearly giving a major boost for #Jilla and with the pongal run almost on its final stages for both films in majority of the screens,wonder how come few Ajit fans claim Veeram won the pongal race.When asked they say Veeram WOM was better than Jilla.Even if its true as per their logic,didnt the same thing happen for Arrambam-Pandiyanadu Diwali clash in which Pandiyanadu had a better WOM than Arrambam? It just explains us one thing,It was again,Vijay who had the upper hand over Ajith when it comes to head on head clash and boxoffice

yellow
28th January 2014, 01:58 PM
For arrambam the producer itself declared as it is reached 125 crores in aata arrambam telugu audio launch itself :-D .. for mankatha need to check .

Thats is for only tamil version ..telugu i don't have exact figures ;(

Scotthvm
28th January 2014, 02:07 PM
if you want i can give the video link :)
yeah i remembered that in telugu media channels said aarambam reached 100c.overall 3 movies reached

Scotthvm
28th January 2014, 02:07 PM
Thats is for only tamil version ..telugu i don't have exact figures ;(
telugula elam odala boss seriya,

yellow
28th January 2014, 02:45 PM
telugula elam odala boss seriya,

Ok..sir :banghead: .. eppa nan ketenna :(

yellow
28th January 2014, 02:50 PM
Box Office Analysis of Pongal releases Jilla & Veeram

With sources claiming that the overall gross of
#Jilla(77.56*c)
#Veeram(68.42*c)
for 1st 10 days and with the 25th day approaching,lets have a detailed analysis of the situation as per few inputs from authentic sources

Note:
Along with that,sources like Cinemalead,Sify,Taran Adarsh,Fab Flikz,Moviecrow & Behindwoods were also used for analysis

Rest Of India BoxOffice

#Jilla-1.2*c
#Veeram-0.96*c

Kerala Box Office Collections

#Jilla-8.2*
#Veeram-3.12*c

Karnataka Box Office
Jilla-4.3c
Veeram-3.9c
(Veeram didnt release in many interior parts of Karnataka and the screens n occupancy ratio of Jilla in Karnataka was way ahead than Veeram.Jilla was holding more screens than Veeram in Bangalore & Suburbs till their last major day of trade.Now both films were replaced in many centres due to new releases)

Salem & Surroundings
#Veeram-5.6*c
#Jilla-5.5*c
(Here Jilla released in 33 screens whereas #veeram released in 43 screens..
Now #Jilla has 40 screens but #Veeram has only 26.So final gross may be almost neck to neck)

Madurai & Surroundings:
Jilla:7.2c
Veeram-7.3c

Trichy & Surroundings:
#Jilla-4.64*c
#Veeram-3.97*c

Coimbatore & Surroundings #Jilla-8.1*c
#Veeram-8.3*c

(Note:Cosmo Shiva,the local distributor forced the single screen owners to maintain or increase the ticket rates for Jilla even after 2 weeks of its run so as to equate the 10% tax with that.As both parties had good profits with the film as claimed by Cosmo Shiva during the meet,they removed Jilla from most of single screens
PS:Cosmo Siva was the person who distributed Arrambham in CBE circuit.He went with Jilla instead of Veeram due to the loss he faced with Arrambam in that region and also for the market domination of Vijay in Coimbatore region)

Chennai BoxOffice Collections
(Included Suburbs)
#Jilla-10.89c (In 17 Days)
#Veeram-11.13 (In 17 Days)

The above mentioned Major Circuits of TN(Excluding Chennai) sums up as
#Jilla- 36.43*c
#Veeram-36.3*c

It is noted that Behindwoods which posted wrongly for the opening weekend stating Veeram had a better opening,changed its verdict the very next week after seeing other reputed sources like sify claiming Jilla had a better opening.Now both had lost its pace & new releases are occupying the screens of these films slowly with major gainer being "Goli Soda"

Other than this,we have worldwide gross in which
Jilla is way ahead by a huge margin.The worst part about this lead is that they werent including the major portions of Jilla's Australian revenue as it was equally distributed by both Ayngaran n many local distributors(Mostly in South Australia) whereas in the case of Veeram it was fully done by Ayngaran & hence all centres were reported..
In other countries & regions like
Malaysia,UK,France,Germany,Swiss and Gulf countries Jilla is ahead whereas in USA Veeram leads though there is only a slight difference between the two & both didnt do well there compared to other big releases due to the climatic conditions..
With TN alone being neck to neck for both Jilla,Veeram and with all other areas clearly giving a major boost for #Jilla and with the pongal run almost on its final stages for both films in majority of the screens,wonder how come few Ajit fans claim Veeram won the pongal race.When asked they say Veeram WOM was better than Jilla.Even if its true as per their logic,didnt the same thing happen for Arrambam-Pandiyanadu Diwali clash in which Pandiyanadu had a better WOM than Arrambam? It just explains us one thing,It was again,

Vijay who had the upper hand over Ajith when it comes to head on head clash and boxoffice :think:
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: itha nan othukka matten :rotfl3:

Parthyy
28th January 2014, 02:53 PM

Vidunga Boss...Idhellaam Pudhusa enna...

First they said Jilla easily wins Veeram then Jilla Rocks then Veeram only marginally better..finally random sites Fibonacci charts cool...

yellow
28th January 2014, 03:04 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15047969&cid=13525926

Chennai Box-Office – Jan 24 to 26

Monday, 27 January , 2014, 18:03

The post Pongal box-office is encouraging, though there has been a marginal drop in collections. Ajith`s Veeram continues to rock at the number one slot. All multiplexes in Chennai city has given it the bigger audi, which is reflected in the collections. :smokesmirk:Jilla continues to hold on well and is in the second place. At number three is the new entrant Goli Soda, which started slowly but picked up due to rave reviews and strong WOM.
Salman Khan`s Jai Ho opened well on Friday but there has been a drop due to mixed reports and is at number four. In the fifth place is the Hollywood action flick 47 Ronin.

http://im.sify.com/images/mar2008/tile.gif

Veeram

Cast:Ajith, Tamannaah, Pradeep Rawat, Nassar

Director: Siva

http://im.sify.com/images/mar2008/up.gif
Ajith’s all new look and style & Siva’s script

http://im.sify.com/images/mar2008/down.gif
The 80’s formula look

Trade Facts:Hit

Jilla

Cast:Mohanlal, Vijay, Kajal,Soori

Director: Neason

http://im.sify.com/images/mar2008/up.gif
Vijay & Mohanlal combo & D Imman’s music

http://im.sify.com/images/mar2008/down.gif
Too long & loopholes in the script

Trade Facts:Hit

Goli Soda

Cast:Kishore,Sree Raam,Pandi,Murugesh

Director: Vijay Milton

Original script, Lead actors, Climax

Nothing

Trade Facts:Good opening

Jai Ho

Cast: Salman Khan, Daisy Shah

Director: Sohail Khan

Salman Khan

Plenty

Trade Facts:Decent opening

47 Ronin

Cast:Keanu Reeves, Hiroyuki Sanada, Ko Shibasaki

Director: Carl Rinsch

Non stop action

Predictable, Slow

Trade Facts:Decent opening

rachel
28th January 2014, 03:11 PM
Box Office Collection: Ajith's 'Veeram' Continues to Dominate over Vijay's 'Jilla' at Chennai BO

By sangeetha seshagiri: Subscribe to sangeetha's RSS feed | January 28, 2014 9:38 AM IST

Ajith (Facebook/Veeram)
Pongal releases "Veeram" and "Jilla" have managed to retain the top two spots at the Chennai box office, despite new film releases.

According to entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai, "Veeram" has continued to dominate over "Jilla" in its third weekend (24-26 January). Newly released "Goli Soda" has taken the third spot followed by Salman Khan's Bollywood flick "Jai Ho."

Chennai Box Office (24 to 26 January)

1. Veeram

FOLLOW USGoogle Plus
2. Jilla

3. Goli Soda

4. Jai Ho

5. 47 Ronin

"Veeram", which was leading over "Jilla" during the second weekend, has managed to sustain its momentum and continue to top the Chennai box office

yellow
28th January 2014, 07:37 PM
I don’t; know how much it is True ..but one of my close friend & classmate currently working in Kerala said that Ajith has more fan following than Vijay :) , he witness this during arrambam & veeram :smokesmirk: .
The celebration for veeram is huge it seems , but the media always portrays that Vijay has more fans than ajith.
Don’t laugh after reading ,we need to know the truth,may be any kerala guy can confirm this :-D.

paranitharan
28th January 2014, 10:26 PM
http://cinema.nakkheeran.in/Talkies.aspx?T=2761
:oops:

uruzalari
29th January 2014, 12:05 AM
taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh 5h

Tamil films in UK [total till Sunday]: #Jilla £ 243,029 [₹ 2.54 cr]... #Veeram £ 115,091 [₹ 1.20 cr]

rachel
29th January 2014, 07:35 AM

:oops:

:shock: flop ah

Scotthvm
29th January 2014, 08:20 AM
theriyanumla ena na solradhu,endha movie rangenu thuppaki all over blockbuster,aarambam telugula adressila

Vidunga Boss...Idhellaam Pudhusa enna...

First they said Jilla easily wins Veeram then Jilla Rocks then Veeram only marginally better..finally random sites Fibonacci charts cool...
hey parthy,see my all previous posts,i didnt post veeram is not goodnu,flopu blah blah nu ok,

Scotthvm
29th January 2014, 08:24 AM
:shock: flop ah
overall comparing to thuppaki jilla is not good,but after thalaiva jilla is better.overall vijay had to decide to select strong scripts

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 09:00 AM
theriyanumla ena na solradhu,endha movie rangenu thuppaki all over blockbuster,aarambam telugula adressila

athanaala'thaan the same lost producer s going to rls Veeram telugu dubbing in andra'vaa ? :lol:

nalla irukkiya unga poo suthal... :lol2:

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 09:44 AM
@rameshlaus : #Australia Box Office Total after Jan 24th - 26th Weekend: #Veeram - A$ 82,934 #Jilla - A$ 43,899

@rameshlaus : In #Australia and #Singapore, #Veeram has grossed by a wider margin than #Jilla

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 10:06 AM
@rameshlaus : #US Box Office $ after Jan 24th - 26th Weekend: #Veeram - $240,381 #Jilla - $228,005

Dinesh84
29th January 2014, 11:31 AM
athanaala'thaan the same lost producer s going to rls Veeram telugu dubbing in andra'vaa ? :lol:

Scotthvm
29th January 2014, 12:08 PM

nalla irukkiya unga poo suthal... :lol2:
padam odala boss telugula ok,may be indha movie nala pogum oru nambikai,but idhvum telugu audience wont accpt this kind of flavour movie
logica pesunga boss,padam flop ayiduchina,inum telugula release panave matangala ena nan solradhu

neenga pota rplyku siripu vera

Siv.S
29th January 2014, 12:25 PM
padam odala boss telugula ok,may be indha movie nala pogum oru nambikai,but idhvum telugu audience wont accpt this kind of flavour movie
logica pesunga boss,padam flop ayiduchina,inum telugula release panave matangala ena nan solradhu

Even your buddy Andhraboxoffice guy admitted that Aatta Arrambam was not a lose venture http://inagist.com/all/409212683301687296/

vinodh143
29th January 2014, 12:28 PM
Oorukulla Innum Billa-2 Collected 190 Cr nu Than Sollitu Alairanunga..

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 12:38 PM
Enna sonnaalum ivanga namba maattaanga :lol2:

Ramesh Bala ‏@rameshlaus 43m
#SrinuBabu of #OMICS lost money on his own movie #Chandi and recovered a lot of it back with the hit #AataArrambam..

http://everydaypopcorn.com/sri-venkateswara-cine-chitra-omix-creations-and-sukumar-to-produce-a-movie/

Dr G Srinubabu, who had produced a heavy budget film like ‘Chandi’ on the banner of Omix Creations, faced a heavy loss at the Box Office. However, he had dubbed a Tamil film of Ajit in Telugu as ‘Aata Arambham’ and had bagged a big hit recovering a lot.

Again, he chose to dub another Tamil film ‘Veeram’ of Ajit with the title ‘Veerudokkade’ in Telugu and the film is slated for release by the end of January. Dr G Srinubabu is going to produce another straight film with the title ‘Made for Each Other’ in the direction of J Prabhakar Reddy on the banner of Omix Creations again.

Besides these, he is planning to join hands with senior producer BVSN Prasad of Sri Venkatewara Cine Chitra and director Sukumar as co-producers, to produce one more straight film.

Parthyy
29th January 2014, 12:38 PM
Billa2 va..edho theriyaama sollirupaanga..

Thalaiva Jilla Sura Thupaaki Nanban ellaam minimum 180C solraanga Stock market la ... adhaan Rupee rate raise aayirukaam against dollar... RBI Governor Raghuraam sonnar

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 12:39 PM

Thalaiva Jilla Sura Thupaaki Nanban ellaam minimum 180C solraanga Stock market la ... adhaan Rupee rate raise aayirukaam against dollar... RBI Governor Raghuraam sonnar

sekar_suman
29th January 2014, 12:47 PM

Seema Timing.. boss..

arulraj
29th January 2014, 01:34 PM
Top 25 All Time Tamil Grosser in UK

RANK

MOVIE

GROSS

NO. OF WEEKS RUN

YEAR

Endhiran
£ 6,15,966

Sivaji
£ 391,653

Vishwaroopam
£ 3,08,350

Dasavatharam
£ 2,54,388

Jilla
£ 243,029

Thalaivaa
£ 2,36,050

Nanban
£ 2,14,735

Thuppakki
£ 2,12,705

Arrambam
£ 199,673

Singam 2
£ 1,92,128

Kuselan
£177,635

Kanthaswamy
£ 1,69,843

7am Arivu
£ 1,67,524

Mankatha
£ 1,65,976

Velayudham
£ 1,59,244

Aadhavan
£ 1,45,474

Azhagiya Tamil Magan
£ 136,174

Raavanan
£ 1,35,657

Maattrraan
£ 1,34,900

Villu
£ 1,34,155

Manmadan Ambu
£ 1,31,327

Kuruvi
£ 1,29,179

Kaavalan
£ 1,25,483

Singam
£ 1,23,240

Veeram
£ 115,091

vinodh143
29th January 2014, 01:46 PM
-deleted-

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 01:54 PM
oh..i c...bt I heard it s bcos of jilla magic :lol2:

vinodh143
29th January 2014, 01:55 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/box-office-jilla-veeram-17-day-collections-overseas-markets-192359.html

Scotthvm
29th January 2014, 02:46 PM
Even your buddy Andhraboxoffice guy admitted that Aatta Arrambam was not a lose venture http://inagist.com/all/409212683301687296/
even thalaiva also get good collections in telugu.

Enna sonnaalum ivanga namba maattaanga :lol2:
endha producer dhan padam seriaya odalanu soluvangala
k anyway wait and see what will happen to veeram in telugu version.

uruzalari
29th January 2014, 02:48 PM
Both the films end their run this week at AGS Navalur and continue with 1 show each at AGS Villivakkam next week

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 03:02 PM
endha producer dhan padam seriaya odalanu soluvangala

correctu...athukku'thaana 3 days'la fake success meet vaikkirathu :lol2:

vinodh143
29th January 2014, 03:04 PM
Padam varathuku munnadiyae mottai ellam poduranga ....hahaha

Siv.S
29th January 2014, 03:15 PM
even thalaiva also get good collections in telugu.

Sari sirichukuren :)

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 03:20 PM

neenga hit'taa...apo naangalum hittuuu :lol:

ALWAR_AJITH
29th January 2014, 05:09 PM
Padam varathuku munnadiyae mottai ellam poduranga ....hahaha

unge padam vanthu mottayum namamum potachula so just :shhh:

oruthar saniswaran koviluku ponaram padam release avere munnadi , avar padam enna achu?? enne achu? ( imagine NKPK movie dialog ) :rotfl3:

elsaen11
29th January 2014, 05:50 PM
We got central cinemas. Vetri vetri. Ini vayasuku vantha enna varlana enna :lol:
Not even a single ticket sold

elsaen11
29th January 2014, 05:58 PM
Sathyam tomo count

Jilla - 11 shows
Veeram - 10 shows

Siv.S
29th January 2014, 06:05 PM
Sathyam
Jilla - 11 shows
Veeram - 10 shows
Only for tomorrow? from Friday V - 9 J - 7
In Cbe No shows for Jilla from this friday... Veeram got 2 shows..

elsaen11
29th January 2014, 06:12 PM
Siv edited. Yes its tomo

Coimbatore Sathyam tomo

Jilla -4 shows
Veeram - 3 shows

Mohan kumar.
29th January 2014, 06:37 PM
We got central cinemas. Vetri vetri. Ini vayasuku vantha enna varlana enna :lol:

Parthyy
29th January 2014, 06:37 PM
Veeram Plays on Main Screen number6....Sathyam coimbatore..

selvakumar
29th January 2014, 07:27 PM

Sachin tendulkar ai avamathikkum Siva vukku kandanangal..

paranitharan
29th January 2014, 07:52 PM
rendu films pongalku release aachile

onnukku ennaachu oru jillalaiyum kaanaleye

paranitharan
29th January 2014, 07:53 PM
UK list update panni santhosapattukka vendiyathu thaan pola :p

paranitharan
29th January 2014, 07:54 PM
Oorukulla Innum Billa-2 Collected 190 Cr nu Than Sollitu Alairanunga..

definitely it's a 200C if thuppaakki is 187C..

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 08:17 PM
Ambattur Area Next Wk theatre Count: Veeram 2 shows at rakki, 1 show at Murugan total 3 shows, Jilla 2 shows at rakki.Veeram won at ambattur

Tambaram Circle Next wk Theatre Count: Jilla gets 1 show at vettri, Veeram get 1 show at vettri and 1 show at vidya total 2 show veeram won

Chennai Anna Salai theatre Count: Jilla gets 2 shows at Devi And Veeram gets 1 show at Devi and 1 show at Shanti total 2 shows... Drawn

chengalpat area next wk count: veeram gets 2 shows at Laurel Mall and jilla loss at laurel Mall, Veeram Won..

vadapalani Area: Veeram gets 1 show at kamala and 2 shows at AVM Rajeswari total 3 shows, Jilla gets 1 shows at kamala..Veeram won vadapalni

Next Wk: Tirupur theatre.. Veeram Retain shows at tamilnadu cinemas, Jilla loss the shows at tamilnadu cinemas next wk.. Veeram won

Next Wk Count Coimbatore Main Area Veeram - 3 theatres Jilla - 0 theares, Washout in coimbatore

Next wk count.. Current Status Tirupur.. Veeram - 1 theares Jilla - 0 theares

Next Wk: Current Status: chennai Veeram -15 theatres Jilla -9 theatres Trichy main Veeram -3 theatres, Jilla -1 theatre

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 08:27 PM
#veeram Has 2 shows in SPI Cinemas Coimbatore from this Friday.. But for #jilla its curtains..

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 09:02 PM
Next Wk Shows count at coimbatore: Veeram - KG cinemas -2 shows Satyam - 2 shows,, Jilla wash out at KG cinemas and Satyam at coimbatore,

Anban
29th January 2014, 09:05 PM
days and shows count podureengale, kadaisila 150th day poster baby albert or devi kala ottaporathu yaaru .. avanga thaane winner :):smokesmile:

Russellyhd
29th January 2014, 09:06 PM
Anban,

athu yaaru pannuvaanga'nu ungalukke nalla theriyum :lol:

Freedom
29th January 2014, 11:37 PM

2 days la success meet.... vayasukku varathukku munnala ...."Ennaku kalyanam...ennaku kalyanam" :lol:

Latest MASS hero in UK.... Uloor la padam thookitaangalam, UK la recordaam. Ini vayasukku vandha enna varlana enna :lol:

mareen
29th January 2014, 11:59 PM
Yevano azhitu pora kasukku namma evlo discuss panrom!

uruzalari
30th January 2014, 12:10 AM
Kaushik LM ‏@lmkmoviemaniac

#Jilla proves #Vijay's stronghold over the UK market yet again. Super numbers next only to #Rajini and #Kamal films. Bravo!

Freedom
30th January 2014, 12:22 AM
Yevano azhitu pora kasukku namma evlo discuss panrom!

I like your avatar, can I use it? Funny one!

Russellyhd
30th January 2014, 10:52 AM
Chennai Kasi Theatre: Jilla Wash out from kasi, Avm Rajeswari: Veeram Retains 2 shows with one prime time show at evening..

balaajee
30th January 2014, 12:00 PM
வெளிநாடுகளில் 17 நாட்களில் 'ஜில்லா', 'வீரம்' வசூல் எவ்வளவு? (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/box-office-jilla-veeram-17-day-collections-overseas-markets-192359.html)

vinodh143
30th January 2014, 12:14 PM
இதுக்கும் மேலயும் நாங்கதான் ஜெயிச்சோம் நாங்கதான் ஜெயிச்சோம் ன்னு சொல்லிகிட்டே இருக்காங்க. hahaha ... kadhal barath mathiri ......sinnaipillai thanama illai....

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 12:19 PM
Totally 1 show in Entire coimbatore city tomorrow...Idhula Naanga sollithaan theriyanumaam :lol2:

Sathyam 2-0 KG Bigcinemas V2-0 Fun 4-1
Archana 4 shows Veeram..

Freedom
30th January 2014, 01:17 PM
இதுக்கும் மேலயும் நாங்கதான் ஜெயிச்சோம் நாங்கதான் ஜெயிச்சோம் ன்னு சொல்லிகிட்டே இருக்காங்க. hahaha ... kadhal barath mathiri ......sinnaipillai thanama illai....

UK la pudhu MASS hero unga thalaivaraam..... kaathu vaakula news vandhuchu.

Daniel Craig ivarukku adutha padathula appavaam! :lol:

Freedom
30th January 2014, 01:19 PM
Good move by Vijay to host Success meet in 2nd day. 20th day vachirundha ore comedy aagi irukum. Jilla pada Director kooda sirichi irupaaru :lol:

Freedom
30th January 2014, 01:21 PM
days and shows count podureengale, kadaisila 150th day poster baby albert or devi kala ottaporathu yaaru .. avanga thaane winner :):smokesmile:

Idhu unmai. yaarume adichikka mudiyaadhu!! Waiting to see 100 days poster in noorjahan or kamadhenu theatre.

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 02:09 PM
Modha naal negative review,Rendaavadhu naal 10 nimisam cut,Moonavadhu naal Success meet rendu vaaram kaluchu Theatre kaaranagu Thiraiyida maattoom nu Arikkai Vidraanuga..
Aana Namma Director Tamil cinema record nu solraar,100 kodi 200 kodi colou coloura solraanga..idha nambunga pa.. :yes:

mareen
30th January 2014, 02:24 PM
I like your avatar, can I use it? Funny one!

Feel free to use it.

Ramkumar86
30th January 2014, 02:59 PM
Modha naal negative review,Rendaavadhu naal 10 nimisam cut,Moonavadhu naal Success meet rendu vaaram kaluchu Theatre kaaranagu Thiraiyida maattoom nu Arikkai Vidraanuga..
Aana Namma Director Tamil cinema record nu solraar,100 kodi 200 kodi colou coloura solraanga..idha nambunga pa.. :yes:

Am i missing something?

Apart form that, I didnt hear a single positive review from my neutral friends, facebook etc for jilla. Personally i also didnt like the film much. But to my suprise, film holds very well and managed to be a hit that too competing with a film of same stature that receives mostly positive feedback. Feeling happy about that and imho apart from big two no one can able to pull it off other than vijay.

VinodKumar's
30th January 2014, 03:07 PM
Recently saw 90 days poster for a recent geninune mega block buster movie which is no where running in Chennai ...

ALWAR_AJITH
30th January 2014, 03:10 PM
After still veeram rules malaysia boxoffice .. LFS still play dirty job by releasing veeram DVD first !!!

VEERAM 17 cinemas 50 shows

JILLA 18 cinemas 48 shows

Freedom
30th January 2014, 03:13 PM
appa, thatahvuku namma oorula thalai vitta yaar irukka ..... nattamai sarthkumaruku appuram athu thatha thalai thaan...

1st day 20 minutes cut. 20 days movie theatre vitte cut..... Wait for Mahesh babu to give a hit :rotfl:

sekar_suman
After still veeram rules malaysia boxoffice .. LFS still play dirty job by releasing veeram DVD first !!!

VEERAM 17 cinemas 50 shows

JILLA 18 cinemas 48 shows

Vidunga bossu, Thalaya thani oruvanalla thokkadikka mudiyathu... ( refer Karnan dialogue )

Russellyhd
Vinod,

I too saw tat poster.. bt dont knw, it s fan made or hater-made :lol2:

bt, FYI , Arrambam s still running 4 shows in nagercoil theater... No idea abt other areas

ALWAR_AJITH
30th January 2014, 03:16 PM
Vidunga bossu, Thalaya thani oruvanalla thokkadikka mudiyathu... ( refer Karnan dialogue )

:thumbsup:

VinodKumar's
Vinod,

I too saw tat poster.. bt dont knw, it s fan made or hater-made :lol2:

bt, FYI , Arrambam s still running 4 shows in nagercoil theater... No idea abt other areas

Then there is nothing wrong in that poster and no need to say it is fan made / hater made :).

Freedom
why Thalapathy never celebrated housefly 20th day with his pans :rotfl:

ALWAR_AJITH
i wonder why boxoffice mojo still not updated?? is it this website reliable one?

Russellyhd
30th January 2014, 03:18 PM
Then there is nothing wrong in that poster and no need to say it is fan made / hater made :).

anyway, tats nt official poster..

Scotthvm
30th January 2014, 03:27 PM
correctu...athukku'thaana 3 days'la fake success meet vaikkirathu :lol2:
its all part of tactics and publicity boss which belongs to producer side,even i dont like these kind of activities

Scotthvm
30th January 2014, 03:29 PM
see in thalaiva thread u find collection of thalaiva in telugu version,ofcourse movie flop i accpt

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 03:29 PM
Am i missing something?

Apart form that, I didnt hear a single positive review from my neutral friends, facebook etc for jilla. Personally i also didnt like the film much. But to my suprise, film holds very well and managed to be a hit that too competing with a film of same stature that receives mostly positive feedback. Feeling happy about that and imho apart from big two no one can able to pull it off other than vijay.

Whatever You can say yourself Vijay fans keeps on saying only Vijay can pull it off for long time let it be No Problem
Mohanlal factor and all You may be nullifying to make way for Vijay
I can give example of numerous things like that...
But Generalising ......its hard...

can say many things which was against veeram.. .also heard negative feedback for Veeram frm som of ma friends..
Leave all that..Problem here is People trying to downplay Veeram and Project Jilla much bigger than actual

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 03:32 PM
Recently saw 90 days poster for a recent geninune mega block buster movie which is no where running in Chennai ...

No one here said its from Paper ad..But Siva has posted Arrambam only shifted to small screen to give space for Veeram...in Nagercoil...Would have appreciated if you have noticed that too

Russellyhd
30th January 2014, 03:33 PM
Even pillai nt tweeting abt BO info abt Veeram nd jilla.. it clearly shows Veeram s way ahead of jilla in BO collection..

If it s the other way, Pillai jilla pathi tweet panniye saavadichiruppaaru.. :lol2: .. hmm ena pandrathu..

Scotthvm
30th January 2014, 03:37 PM
Whatever You can say yourself Vijay fans keeps on saying only Vijay can pull it off for long time let it be No Problem
Mohanlal factor and all You may be nullifying to make way for Vijay
I can give example of numerous things like that...
But Generalising ......its hard...

can say many things which was against veeram.. .also heard negative feedback for Veeram frm som of ma friends..
Leave all that..Problem here is People trying to downplay Veeram and Project Jilla much bigger than actual

no one downplaying veeram,ur guys only treating jilla as flop,thats the problems occurs.will u show jilla is flop in any article at least show 5articles.....

yellow
30th January 2014, 03:48 PM
Even pillai nt tweeting abt BO info abt Veeram nd jilla.. it clearly shows Veeram s way ahead of jilla in BO collection..

If it s the other way, Pillai jilla pathi tweet panniye saavadichiruppaaru.. :lol2: .. hmm ena pandrathu..

100 % True ..otherwise intha valu tholla thanga mudiyathu ..avan-ellam oru entertainment tracker..intha polapukku ...thu.. .:banghead:..vaiyela nalla varuthu ...inga venam :twisted:

yellow
30th January 2014, 03:53 PM
no one downplaying veeram,ur guys only treating jilla as flop,thats the problems occurs.will u show jilla is flop in any article at least show 5articles.....

find one :smokesmile: .... don't take it seriously :???:.

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:15 PM
2 days la success meet.... vayasukku varathukku munnala ...."Ennaku kalyanam...ennaku kalyanam" :lol:

Latest MASS hero in UK.... Uloor la padam thookitaangalam, UK la recordaam. Ini vayasukku vandha enna varlana enna :lol:

Aluvathinga aluvathinga. Atleast we are mass in UK. Ingitu :rotfl:

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:17 PM

100 days and 90 days poster without single theatre in list? :lol2:

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:20 PM

No where running in the world :lol2:

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:23 PM
anyway, tats nt official poster..

That's official poster. Mankatha too had 100 days poster with no theatre list :lol2:

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:34 PM
Sathyam

Coimbatore

Jilla - 1 show
Veeram - 2 shows

Chennai

Jilla - 7 (sathyam theatre 2 shows)
Veeram -9 (sathyam theatre 1 show)

Mayajaal

Veeram - 6
Jilla - 5

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:36 PM
Veeram removed from Central theater, Coimbatore

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:38 PM
Jilla still holds senthil kumaran main screen, Coimbatore

ALWAR_AJITH
30th January 2014, 04:45 PM
Aluvathinga aluvathinga. Atleast we are mass in UK. Ingitu :rotfl:

hello nange than hit BB yellam ... pls nambunge sir :cry2: ... nee kellen.. :ashamed: thambi nee kelen :ashamed: ... nambungada nange press meet lam vachom :sad:

People : :rotfl3:

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 04:46 PM
PVR,

chennai

Both movie 2 shows each. Jilla gets evening show :)

Bangalore

Both 1 show, again Jilla gets evening show

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:01 PM
Totally 1 show in Entire coimbatore city tomorrow...Idhula Naanga sollithaan theriyanumaam :lol2:

Sathyam 2-0 KG Bigcinemas V2-0 Fun 4-1
Archana 4 shows Veeram..

epa paaru fake news pottu .. kopa enaku thaan soldrathu :lol:

Sathyam 2-1,
Bigcinemas from friday no shows scheduled for both movies and
fun cinemas its 2-2

And Archana veeram removed from today :lol2:

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:17 PM
Sathyam today

Jilla - 6 evening shows left out.
Veeram - 2 evening shows

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 05:33 PM
epa paaru fake news pottu .. kopa enaku thaan soldrathu :lol:

Sathyam 2-1,
Bigcinemas from friday no shows scheduled for both movies and
fun cinemas its 2-2

And Archana veeram removed from today :lol2:

Summa Veera vasanam pesittu Adichu Vidavendiyadhu :wink: idhula Naanga Fake aam :lol2:
Ikkada choodu Funcinemas from tomoroow 3 for Veeram 1 for Jilla one and Only in entire Coimbatore :rotfl:

Big Cinemasla from tomorrow Jilla Adiyooda Tookiyaachu..Sceduling done for tomorrow with new releases Rummy,Inga enna soludhu Veeram has 2

Archana Veeram is Running...No new film releasing there & mudinja Vera edho Film Archana la Odramaari Kaattavum

Finally sathyam Veeram runniig in Biggest screen6 ... from Tomorrow 2 show in Screen2 Where is Jilla ????

paranitharan
30th January 2014, 05:42 PM
Am i missing something?

first nadichu oru award win panna sollynga paarpom. thalaivaa vida worst ratingla vantha Aarambam ellaam BB. vijayanna ku big director illaena padam ooduthillaye :(

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:42 PM
Summa Veera vasanam pesittu Adichu Vidavendiyadhu :wink: idhula Naanga Fake aam :lol2:
Ikkada choodu Funcinemas from tomoroow 3 for Veeram 1 for Jilla one and Only in entire Coimbatore :rotfl:

Big Cinemasla from tomorrow Jilla Adiyooda Tookiyaachu..Sceduling done for tomorrow with new releases Rummy,Inga enna soludhu Veeram has 2

Archana Veeram is Running...No new film releasing there & mudinja Vera edho Film Archana la Odramaari Kaattavum

Finally sathyam Veeram runniig in Biggest screen6 ... from Tomorrow 2 show in Screen2 Where is Jilla ????

Go and see in official site of each theater. Inga vanthu peela vidrathu. Bookmyshow has not updated it

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:43 PM
first nadichu oru award win panna sollynga paarpom. thalaivaa vida worst ratingla vantha Aarambam ellaam BB. vijayanna ku big director illaena padam ooduthillaye :(

Arrambam BB? :lol: Big director? Can ajith act with director like Naesan? Unga surya acted with Big director always, why couldnt he do a record collection like thupakki?

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:45 PM

:lol: Arrambam was supposed to be one of best ajith movie (source : vadai fans)

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 05:46 PM
Go and see in official site of each theater. Inga vanthu peela vidrathu. Bookmyshow has not updated it
I expected This samalification :lol2: ... I showed you its running tomorrow scheduled Pinna Rummy,inga enna solludhu ellaam Pona vaaram vandha padama sir

paranitharan
30th January 2014, 05:48 PM
:lol: Arrambam was supposed to be one of best ajith movie (source : vadai fans)

yes if thuppaakki is 100C film then Aarambam is a world class movie

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:48 PM
I expected This samalification :lol2: ... I showed you its running tomorrow scheduled Pinna Rummy,inga enna solludhu ellaam Pona vaaram vandha padama sir

Official sitenu sonna samalichufying ah?? :rotfl:.. Btw i have posted todays status and you are speaking about tomorrow one. Hope you can see my screenshot

Siv.S
30th January 2014, 05:49 PM
Yes checked the official sites http://www.bigcinemas.com/in/home.aspx and https://www.funcinemas.com/ same as in bookmyshow..

paranitharan
30th January 2014, 05:53 PM
Arrambam BB? :lol: Big director? Can ajith act with director like Naesan? Unga surya acted with Big director always, why couldnt he do a record collection like thupakki?

sema comedy. ARM SJ Surya ellaam naama uruvaakkinathu thaan but ippo ungalukku andrala market illae angae illae inga illaenu SAC namma ARM kaal'la vilundu ippo uruppadiya 50C cross pannina thuppaakki vanthichu

ya Ajith can't act in a film by nesan. jilla trailer paarthale theriyuthu only vijayanna foasible :rotfl:

shankar kuuda kuuttani pottu flop koduthaninga thane pa

G
don't forget Ghajini which was a monster blockbuster unlike thuppakki which was a fake-data-backed blockbuster

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 05:53 PM
Yes checked the official sites http://www.bigcinemas.com/in/home.aspx and https://www.funcinemas.com/ same as in bookmyshow..

:lol2: Ippa irctc site la check panna solluvar paarunga :-P

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:55 PM
And from Monday no shows for veeram in Fun cinemas and Jilla has 1 show till 6th Feb :smokesmirk:

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:56 PM
sema comedy. ARM SJ Surya ellaam naama uruvaakkinathu thaan but ippo ungalukku andrala market illae angae illae inga illaenu SAC namma ARM kaal'la vilundu ippo uruppadiya 50C cross pannina thuppaakki vanthichu

ya Ajith can't act in a film by nesan. jilla trailer paarthale theriyuthu only vijayanna foasible :rotfl:

shankar kuuda kuuttani pottu flop koduthaninga thane pa

G
don't forget Ghajini which was a monster blockbuster unlike thuppakki which was a fake-data-backed blockbuster

Thanks for your information :lol2:

paranitharan
30th January 2014, 05:57 PM
And from Monday no shows for veeram in Fun cinemas and Jilla has 1 show till 6th Feb :smokesmirk:

kaasu koduthu ootakuudathu boss

elsaen11
30th January 2014, 05:57 PM
:lol2: Ippa irctc site la check panna solluvar paarunga :-P

revisit your post sir rather than crying. See count in your post and reality. Bangalorela PVRla Jilla less showsnu pottu mokka vanguna aal thana neenga? :lol2:

Parthyy
30th January 2014, 06:04 PM
revisit your post sir rather than crying. See count in your post and reality. Bangalorela PVRla Jilla less showsnu pottu mokka vanguna aal thana neenga? :lol2:
No I was right as shown in BMS check with DammyR.....

Ippa summa aduchu vittadhu neenga dhaana sir ...