PDA

View Full Version : KATHTHI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA|ANIRUDH

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

Russellmvr
29th October 2014, 09:05 AM
// Recently so called actor's fans were tweeting and facebooking saying that Ai or Linga will break the record of Kaththi"

1) They have no hope on their stars upcoming Chicken65 Project
2) They are bench marking us with SS :wink:
3) Their sources are Premji Tweets

//

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 09:29 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1FUtZRCcAE6UhK.jpg

CEDYBLUE
29th October 2014, 09:29 AM
Not like that. They are generous souls. They did not want to grab the attention. They are following their role model who did not want to release the title of his film on Diwali as it would have adversely affected the already limited collections of Kaththi.

Yeah,I read that news posted by Ramesh and also the posts here about how the role model had tonsured his head after Nadigar Thilgam passed away. Also he seems to be lapping up Sabarimala these days, one among the many new positive signs from the role model. Alcohol is apparently the only problem. See, the shootings of RED and the new 55 happened coincidently. Head Shave and Red was a coincidence and Sabarimala and new 55 was a damn coincidence too.

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 09:30 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1FQxCNCQAAiqBK.jpg

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 09:38 AM
Deepak Vinod mari double game aalungala pathi elam theryum inga mattum ahimsa post potu ipdi nadikreengale avangala pathi ungalku therinjum mr ajaybaskar
Welcome back karthickkb sir... Screenshot edukum pothu kondaya maranthireenga. BTW thanni kuducheengala ilaya? :lol2:

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 09:41 AM
Avanga grp apdi dhan.........i still remember some of their guys provoking posts when i posted some updates abt kaththi just few days after i newly joined this hub
Newly joined hub... Nadinganda... Trisha ungaluku than

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 09:46 AM
ப்ரோமோஷனுக்கு மட்டும் ஒரு 10-15 கோடி செலவு செய்தால் தான் படம் வெற்றி அடையும் என்ற காலகட்டத்தில்...தமிழ்நாட்டில் ஒரு சுவரொட்டி கூட ஒட்டாமல் வெளியிட பட்ட திரைப்படம்...இன்று தன் பாக்ஸ் ஆபீஸ் கலெக்ஸனால் பாலிவுட்டையும் , டோலிவுட்டையும் திரும்பி பார்க்க வைத்துள்ளது..

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 09:49 AM
First 3 days Ku aparam sathyam cinemas la kaathu vangum hero fans laam theater occupancy pathi pesaranga. 70+ shows house full in sathyam weekend. Not sure which movie will break the screen count.

Time for premji DA :lol:

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 09:49 AM
KATHTHI GROSSES 70+ CRORES, RACES TOWARDS THE 100 CRORE MARK!

Vijay’s Kaththi opened to a thumping response from critics and common audiences alike. The film which released on the Diwali day took a superb opening across the globe, raking in 23 crores on day one.

Sources say that Kaththi has now grossed over 70 crores worldwide (47.70 crores in India and 23.35 crores in the foreign centers). The film is all set to join the 100 crore club, and might as well land up there by next weekend.

Meanwhile, top Telugu star Pawan Kalyan is said to have watched the film yesterday, and will take a call on the remake soon.

http://www.cinemalead.com/news-id-kaththi-100-crores-29-10-146435.htm

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 10:11 AM
48 shows/day in SPIcinemas this weekend including all main screens.

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 10:31 AM
Creating fake ids is an art. But mastering that art requires lot of dedication and loads of free time. Now let me tell you an example. You create an id with your name and you should then create a fake id preferably with an FB profile. Never use common names like Ramesh,Suresh. Use names like Wilbur Sargunaraj, Sathish Thangaraj,etc. That FB fake id should be a friend of the original id. And if possible befriend a mod too with that fake profile just to avoid doubts. But to hide the Kondai, you should at least add few more friends. If the mod and the original id are the only friends, people may find it like how I did now.

Best part is once in a while these two ids will interact. Adada, avaru oodha ivaru aada..

vinodh143
29th October 2014, 10:35 AM
Dear fans, We know whats happening with One india , daily posting lots of fake news about Vj and his films. There is a limit for everything. We need to make sure to stop this fake news about Vj and his film. We wont mind if there is no news about him , but not false news. During last two weeks there were lots of worse publicity around our actor and its hard to digest being Vj fans.. Its time to react and react together on One india. Let me know what can we do about it and how we can approach this issue ??? Thanks.

gane14
29th October 2014, 10:35 AM
48 shows/day in SPIcinemas this weekend including all main screens.

I am trying to book tickets and all screens having free seats only in first 2 or 3 rows from the screen for coming saturday... Going to be another housefull weekend atleast in Sathyam

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 10:46 AM
// Recently so called actor's fans were tweeting and facebooking saying that Ai or Linga will break the record of Kaththi"

//
Thideer Vikram fans... Thideer Tamil pasam... Thats the max they can...
Epavum vada sudra BW and kaushik kooda intha thadava parupu vaegala..
Last thing they have premji da to say mankatha da and starajith aka oneindia da :lol2:

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 10:50 AM
Creating fake ids is an art. But mastering that art requires lot of dedication and loads of free time. Now let me tell you an example. You create an id with your name and you should then create a fake id preferably with an FB profile. Never use common names like Ramesh,Suresh. Use names like Wilbur Sargunaraj, Sathish Thangaraj,etc. That FB fake id should be a friend of the original id. And if possible befriend a mod too with that fake profile just to avoid doubts. But to hide the Kondai, you should at least add few more friends. If the mod and the original id are the only friends, people may find it like how I did now.

Best part is once in a while these two ids will interact. Adada, avaru oodha ivaru aada..

We can expect Clooney aka karthickkb aka mani84 aka ratheesh to post soon :wink:

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 10:54 AM
Nice :clap:

CEDYBLUE
29th October 2014, 11:02 AM
Dear fans, We know whats happening with One india , daily posting lots of fake news about Vj and his films. There is a limit for everything. We need to make sure to stop this fake news about Vj and his film. We wont mind if there is no news about him , but not false news. During last two weeks there were lots of worse publicity around our actor and its hard to digest being Vj fans.. Its time to react and react together on One india. Let me know what can we do about it and how we can approach this issue ??? Thanks.

Not worth a penny Bro. Vijay has time and again proven that his brand and fan following are multiple times bigger than all hate things combined.

No other evidence or testimony than the way his films perform, time in and time out, all over the world. Tamil Nadu, Rest of India or Overseas, he is the most consistent and the most loved actor. My challenge to anyone out here to prove this statement wrong. Instead of provoking through abuses, smileys and screenshots, try arguing through sources/box office numbers. Game On!

One India will die its natural death soon when funds from vested sources dry out. So let's not bother.

They have a dedicated target audience and they pile on hate to feed the quest of this target audience. Irony is as some of the hubbers themselves have accepted here, most of the people who read and enjoy oneindia, know fully that all the news posted are lies/exaggerations. Just because it abuses Vijay, they enjoy it. Hard to believe but true. It's been recorded here in hub.

vinodh143
29th October 2014, 11:21 AM
Not worth a penny Bro. Vijay has time and again proven that his brand and fan following are multiple times bigger than all hate things combined.

No other evidence or testimony than the way his films perform, time in and time out, all over the world. Tamil Nadu, Rest of India or Overseas, he is the most consistent and the most loved actor. My challenge to anyone out here to prove this statement wrong. Instead of provoking through abuses, smileys and screenshots, try arguing through sources/box office numbers. Game On!

One India will die its natural death soon when funds from vested sources dry out. So let's not bother.

They have a dedicated target audience and they pile on hate to feed the quest of this target audience. Irony is as some of the hubbers themselves have accepted here, most of the people who read and enjoy oneindia, know fully that all the news posted are lies/exaggerations. Just because it abuses Vijay, they enjoy it. Hard to believe but true. It's been recorded here in hub.

thnaks bro , but is there any solution to this to stop these non sense site abusing our hero ?

Russellmvr
29th October 2014, 11:23 AM
thnaks bro , but is there any solution to this to stop these non sense site abusing our hero ?

No need.
This is a site which helps a certain group of people for not to go for the mass suicide, after they facing continuous failures.
Let them Live.. :)

hattori_hanzo
29th October 2014, 11:43 AM

Shocking but interesting analysis. It happens in websites like Rediff, ThatsTamil but posting everyday in the hub with more than 1 ID is quite cumbersome, examukku thundu bit prepare panraa maadhiri. But whats the motive here (Awarda Kudukaraanga?) Is it to prove that there are more fans for their favorite actor? And when the same person creates another ID, do Mods not find it to be a duplicate with the IP? I remember few years back NOV asked hubbers with duplicate IDs to delete those accounts. I think its easy for them to trace using the posts.

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 11:52 AM
I know people who create fake ids for backup. In case if they are banned, they use the backup id to come back. That's quite normal. But having two ids and interaction between them and creating FB profiles for fake ids is something I have never heard of. Probably the person is clever enough to use different IPs for different ids. Who knows? Only thing is that his Kondai is too big to hide now. :)

Russellmvr
29th October 2014, 11:56 AM
Interaction-a kooda naan accept pannuvan.. but there were occasion..

ivar oru mokkai joke post pannuvaar.. avar vanthu athukku :rotfl: ennu reply poduvaar...

Ivar Vadai sudavar and then avar vanthu athukku paaradi award comments kodupaar....

That sontha silaikke maalai podura moment :wink:

Russellmvr
29th October 2014, 11:58 AM
//AB anna... Please clear your inbox..!!//

VinodKumar's
29th October 2014, 12:05 PM
Cha oru fake-id enna fake-nu (double standard) solliruchae :thookula thonguraen:.

CEDYBLUE
29th October 2014, 12:11 PM
Kolly Buzz

#Kaththi collection
India (5 days) : 47.70 Cr
Overseas (6 days) : 23.35 Cr
Total: 71.05 Cr.

Beats Thuppakki's 65 Crore for the first 6 days!

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 12:12 PM
100 crores not too far.

CEDYBLUE
29th October 2014, 12:17 PM
In Malaysia, Kaththi has comfortably overtaken Thuppakki's 10 Crore mark. Waiting for Official Numbers :)

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 12:24 PM
NOV annan will anyways update the BO thread when the numbers are out. He is taking care of Malaysia BO top 10 data

CEDYBLUE
29th October 2014, 12:34 PM
Waiting eagerly for his update on Malaysian BO, as ever!

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 12:34 PM
Wow ...lotsa action since last evening. Ajay bro... you rock ;-)

I've been waiting for Malaysia box office. Hope we get to see it soon from Nov na.

CEDYBLUE
29th October 2014, 12:35 PM
I know people who create fake ids for backup. In case if they are banned, they use the backup id to come back. That's quite normal. But having two ids and interaction between them and creating FB profiles for fake ids is something I have never heard of. Probably the person is clever enough to use different IPs for different ids. Who knows? Only thing is that his Kondai is too big to hide now. :)

Ajay, I am reminded of the climax in Endhiran when 100 Rajni's appear :)

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 12:45 PM
Yeah,I read that news posted by Ramesh and also the posts here about how the role model had tonsured his head after Nadigar Thilgam passed away. Also he seems to be lapping up Sabarimala these days, one among the many new positive signs from the role model. Alcohol is apparently the only problem. See, the shootings of RED and the new 55 happened coincidently. Head Shave and Red was a coincidence and Sabarimala and new 55 was a damn coincidence too.

First things first..It need lots of time of investigation to nitpick to take a dig at Rolemodel.Call him Arrogant,Loudmouth whatever still its better than being BraveLion in Fims & TimidRat in real life taking backdoor to "Make" People believe as Next Superstar.

RegardingAlcohol thingy People might have really enjoyed all MEMES circulating ,How long it will take to post all the Pristine treasure hidden under Special Vijay MEMES .Before film release "Guys dont reply to Provocation,Just enjoy" ,after release "Sly dig at rival star for keeping in mind everything" Could have done Straight reply at that time itself than Preaching it...

Long Due this one-Bringing in Radhika Tweet reply everytime to downplay Mankatha as 45C may give some kind of solace to some poor souls doesn't make sense at all. Adding 15% tax it would have grossed 53C in TN according to her tweet unlike Taxfree,I too have seen SridharPillai replying in twitter All India Net of Thupaakki is 60C for 2 weeks (Tax free in TN).So its not a Big Difference Having Biggie like ARMurugadoss, its all about convenience according to Favouritism to make a sweeping statements to have Prejudice other stars without knowing actual reality....
Anyway Sweeping Statements have become Habitual once every Vijay film release and Careful manipulation for other stars according to their convenience and Favouritism..... :)

RED may be Flop or BelowAvg to Adhimedhaavis,But Groundreality it did have good run & earned Huge following for Rolemodel in Southern Madurai,Thoothukudi circuits..

Siv.S
29th October 2014, 12:56 PM
Ajay whom u r talking about? if not here PM me..

faithiu11
29th October 2014, 12:57 PM
I remember sri pillai tweeted thupakki collected 45crs for 6 days in tamilnadu alone

Siv.S
29th October 2014, 01:01 PM
glad that no one from our side posted "sonamutha pocha" kind of posts in the nigh before deepavali itself which happened last year....

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 01:03 PM
//Same Pillai replied 60C Thupaaki as All India Net for Two weeks..Zero tax in TN// So it all What we pick and what we ignore for our convenience...

Siv.S
29th October 2014, 01:06 PM
Ajay fake ids pathi pesurathu ok, KP &co Deepak idslam atha pathi pesurathuthan :lol: fake Ids acha kidhar :lol2:

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 01:07 PM
Check for Pillai reply
twitter.com/sri50/status/274163517161086976

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th October 2014, 01:10 PM
Sri50 : Kaththi unlikely 2 have a Telugu remake, Vijay is keen on the dubbed version release. All his recent films have been dubbed

Twitter

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th October 2014, 01:14 PM
Kaththi Telugu Dubbed release likely by Nov 21. Way too late !

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 01:19 PM
Ajay fake ids pathi pesurathu ok, KP &co Deepak idslam atha pathi pesurathuthan :lol: fake Ids acha kidhar :lol2:

I am seeing you crying for long time. Better take Mods help :wink:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th October 2014, 01:19 PM
Ayngaran Holland : KATHTHI Total collection (In India till sunday + Overseas till Monday) 71.05 crores :clap:

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 01:26 PM
//Same Pillai replied 60C Thupaaki as All India Net for Two weeks..Zero tax in TN// So it all What we pick and what we ignore for our convenience...

The overall collection of a movie includes Satellite rights, Ad rights and theater collections... Hope it makes sense

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 01:30 PM
Long Due this one-Bringing in Radhika Tweet reply everytime to downplay Mankatha as 45C may give some kind of solace to some poor souls doesn't make sense at all. Adding 15% tax it would have grossed 53C in TN according to her tweet unlike Taxfree,I too have seen SridharPillai replying in twitter All India Net of Thupaakki is 60C for 2 weeks (Tax free in TN).So its not a Big Difference Having Biggie like ARMurugadoss, its all about convenience according to Favouritism to make a sweeping statements to have Prejudice other stars without knowing actual reality....
Anyway Sweeping Statements have become Habitual once every Vijay film release and Careful manipulation for other stars according to their convenience and Favouritism..... :)

RED may be Flop or BelowAvg to Adhimedhaavis,But Groundreality it did have good run & earned Huge following for Rolemodel in Southern Madurai,Thoothukudi circuits..

And she never tweeted its only TN and Gross or net. Who speaks about Favoritism? Despite continuous promotions :lol:

Yeah ... 130 crore Sun pics fake id and Premji vada :lol2:

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 01:32 PM
New Delhi: It's not just Bollywood films that are making their way into the elite Rs 100 crore club. AR Murugadoss's film 'Thuppakki' has not just become a blockbuster down South, but the film has also set the cash registers ringing at the box office. 'Thuppakki' has become the second Tamil film ever to enter the Rs 100 crore club.

The official page of 'Thuppakki' on Twitter confirmed the news, which was later retweeted by director AR Murugadoss, "Yes bullets, it is now officially confirmed that #Thuppakki has crossed the 100cr mark! It is only the second Tamil film ever to do so."

The film, which was released on Diwali, has turned out to be the biggest hit of 2012 by earning Rs 65.32 in the opening week. The film reached Rs 100 crore mark in just 11 days of its release.
Tamil film 'Thuppakki' enters Rs 100 crore club
'Thuppakki' has turned out to be the biggest blockbuster in the career of actor Vijay.

'Thuppakki' has turned out to be the biggest blockbuster in the career of actor Vijay. Apart from 'Thuppakki', Rajinikanth's 2010 blockbuster 'Endhiran' is the only film to have entered the elite Rs 100 crore club.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/tamil-film-thuppakki-enters-rs-100-crore-club/307482-71-174.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news/Ilayathalapathy-Vijay-joins-the-Rs-100-crore-club/articleshow/17964025.cms

http://www.indiaglitz.com/-thuppakki-reaches-100-crore-mark--tamil-news-89929

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/039thuppakki039-box-office-collection-crosses-100-crore-mark-vijay039s-biggest-grosser-ever-408828

There are n number of articles from authentic sites... How about mankatha da? Only Premji? :lol:

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 01:32 PM
Telugu posters

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1GXWD-CcAA0KCr.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1GXXBPCMAA6hHl.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1GXY61CYAEOT4e.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1GXZ1KCYAAD9LA.jpg

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 01:41 PM
glad that no one from our side posted "sonamutha pocha" kind of posts in the nigh before deepavali itself which happened last year....

Glad no one became thideer theevira tamil eelam supporter, no one posted movie shouldn't release and watch only pirated version :banghead:

Yogiyangal maariyae paesa vaendiyathu... First week onnum paruppu vegalunu ipa vanthu paesa vaendiyathu :lol2:

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 01:43 PM
Long Due this one-Bringing in Radhika Tweet reply everytime to downplay Mankatha as 45C may give some kind of solace to some poor souls doesn't make sense at all. Adding 15% tax it would have grossed 53C in TN according to her tweet unlike Taxfree,I too have seen SridharPillai replying in twitter All India Net of Thupaakki is 60C for 2 weeks (Tax free in TN).

Thuppaki was released on Tuesday & 2 weeks collection what pillai is quoting to be precise will be for 13 days..Thuppaki ran for 4weeks without any of the new releases as competition..It is not logical to compare the collection of lifetime of a film with 13days collection of a film..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th October 2014, 01:46 PM
Meanwhile in IMDB Kaththi - 9/10

rsubras
29th October 2014, 01:50 PM
not sure whatz the thing about all this craze for stats.............collection and revenue :), in recent days even a badly bruised hindi movie like ra-one or tamil movie like anjaan can mint so many millions not only for its star value but more because of the marketing.......

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th October 2014, 01:52 PM
Coffee With DD - ARM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwDPtD7k-KA

ARM's Interview to Indiaglitz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlpVT-2lmMQ&itct=CDsQpDAYACITCNrH3Ym30cECFdKYfgod_nIA7FI ZQSBSIE11cnVnYWRvc3MgSW5kaWFnbGl0eg%3D%3D&hl=en-GB&gl=IN&client=mv-google

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09bfFR2gwQ&itct=CDgQpDAYASITCNrH3Ym30cECF dKYfgod_nIA7FIZQSBSIE11cnVnYWRvc3MgSW5kaWFnbGl0eg% 3D%3D&hl=en-GB&gl=IN&client=mv-google

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 02:34 PM
Telugu Cinema ‏@TeluguFilmBuzz
#Vijay @Samanthaprabhu2 starrer #Kaththi is all set to release on 21st November. We Hope huge hit in Telugu also. A film by @ARMurugadoss !

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 02:39 PM
Blockbuster gift!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1GmZuOCMAEO-Ph.jpg

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 02:40 PM
Thuppaki was released on Tuesday & 2 weeks collection what pillai is quoting to be precise will be for 13 days..Thuppaki ran for 4weeks without any of the new releases as competition..It is not logical to compare the collection of lifetime of a film with 13days collection of a film..

Almost 90% of collection comes in first two weeks.Collection from then onward just adds up ....
See the Pillai posted date its November29 so its 18 days from from Diwali Holiday November 13.Again I am saying How you guys conclude Mankatha TN net by saying Radika tweet,same can be said for Thupaaki.Period

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 02:41 PM
ratheesh...let's file a DEFAMATION CASE against that person :lol2:

Case file panni Vijaya india's superstar aakiduvaanga poliruku! Locan channela irunthu national channel varai ippo eppadi varaanga paaru:smokesmirk:! 2G vaalha!

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 02:44 PM
And she never tweeted its only TN and Gross or net. Who speaks about Favoritism? Despite continuous promotions :lol:

Yeah ... 130 crore Sun pics fake id and Premji vada :lol2:

//Radhika Distributed only TN,Obviously its TN net If at all anything to go by her tweets ... Check her tweet its net.

Yes Mankatha 130 is less than Thupaki 180.//

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 02:45 PM
The overall collection of a movie includes Satellite rights, Ad rights and theater collections... Hope it makes sense

He mentiond only Theatricals and we are discussing on it only...

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 02:53 PM
He mentiond only Theatricals and we are discussing on it only...

I meant it for overall collection... Your point wrt SP tweet is thupakki didnt cross 100cr right?

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 02:54 PM
Parthyy,

Checkout top 10 grossers across all regions. TN,Kerala,AP,Karnataka,ROI,Malaysia,US,UK. If not accurate, you can at least get a fair idea on which films have fared better as a whole.

I understand that TN gets the lion's share but if someone is to be termed as 'King of opening', he has to have opening across all regions. Perfect example is Rajni. As a Vijay fan, I want him to get a great opening in AP, the only region to be conquered.

Correct me if iam wrong. I am open to meaningful discussions like this instead of wasting time with whiners.

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 02:55 PM
//Radhika Distributed only TN,Obviously its TN net If at all anything to go by her tweets ... Check her tweet its net.

Yes Mankatha 130 is less than Thupaki 180.//

Now I understand the meaning of favoritism :lol:

https://twitter.com/realradikaa/status/126643649193840642

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 02:55 PM
Almost 90% of collection comes in first two weeks.Collection from then onward just adds up ....
See the Pillai posted date its November29 so its 18 days from from Diwali Holiday November 13.Again I am saying How you guys conclude Mankatha TN net by saying Radika tweet,same can be said for Thupaaki.Period

Normally the collection report they give is for weekend/complete week & nobody provide till date collection in the middle of the week..Even Pillai post is dated 29th morning (Thursday), the collection report must be till 25th (Sunday)..

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 02:57 PM
First things first..It need lots of time of investigation to nitpick to take a dig at Rolemodel.Call him Arrogant,Loudmouth whatever still its better than being BraveLion in Fims & TimidRat in real life taking backdoor to "Make" People believe as Next Superstar.

RegardingAlcohol thingy People might have really enjoyed all MEMES circulating ,How long it will take to post all the Pristine treasure hidden under Special Vijay MEMES .Before film release "Guys dont reply to Provocation,Just enjoy" ,after release "Sly dig at rival star for keeping in mind everything" Could have done Straight reply at that time itself than Preaching it...

Dei mudiyaleda saami....to be honest i liked ajith and watched all his films in cinemas from 2000-2002 and after RED i never watched a single movie of his in cinema due to the disastrous performance by Ajith and the movie!

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 02:57 PM

He clearly said 2 weeks TN collection... Let it be 60 cr.. I think in malaysia itself thuppaki collected 10crores... Kerala + karnataka close to 8crores.... Adding rest of India and overseas + TV rights (which was close to 15 cr)... I dont see anything wrong in 100cr articles in 11 days.

How about posting thupakki collection across the world here rather than foul cry?

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 02:58 PM
Below article proves the market of Vijay in Kerala..

இளைய தளபதி விஜய் நடித்த சூப்பர் ஹிட் திரைப்படம் கத்தி கேரளாவில் இதுவரை எந்த தமிழ்ப்படமும் செய்யாத வசூலை செய்து வருகிறது. கடந்த 22ஆம் தேதி ரிலீஸான ' முதல் நாளிலேயே ரூ.1 கோடிக்கும் அதிகமான வசூலை கொடுத்த கத்தி, அடுத்த இரண்டு நாட்கள் வேலை நாட்களாக இருந்தாலும் அதே ஒரு கோடி ரூபாய் வசூலை வாரி வழங்கியது. மேலும் விடுமுறை நாளான சனி மற்றும் ஞாயிறு கிழமைகளில் அதிக வசூலானதாகவும் தகவல்கள் தெரிவிக்கின்றன.

இந்நிலையில் 'கத்தி'யின் அபார வசூல் காரணமாக கேரளாவில் ரிலீஸான மலையாள படங்களின் வசூல் பெருமளவு குறைந்ததாக செய்திகள் தெரிவிக்கின்றன. தியேட்டருக்கு சென்று படம் பார்க்கும் பலர் கத்தியை நோக்கியே பயணம் செய்வதாக செய்திகள் கூறப்படுகிறது. கத்தி படத்தை பார்த்தவர்கள் கூட அடுத்து பூஜை, ஹேப்பி நியூ இயர் படங்களையே பார்க்க விரும்புவதாகவும், இதன் காரணமாக மலையாள படங்களின் வசூல் பெருமளவு குறைந்துள்ளதாகவும் கூறப்படுகிறது

தீபாவளியை ஒட்டி மலையாளத்தில் நயனா, கூட்டத்தில் ஓரல், குருத்தம் கெட்டவன் ஆகிய மூன்று படங்கள் ரிலீஸாகியும், மூன்று படங்களின் வசூலும் திருப்தி அடையும்படி இல்லை என செய்திகள் கூறுகின்றன.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%87%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%BE%E0%A E%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B2%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%8F%E0%AE%B1%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AE%9F%E0%A F%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%AF-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%B7%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE%AE%E0%A F%8D-tamil-news-117218

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 03:01 PM
News about KATHTHI in Asianet news

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1GoZ4aCcAEC9j7.jpg

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 03:05 PM
'Kaththi' Box Office Collections: Vijay Starrer Racing towards ₹100 Crore Mark

As per the latest trade reports, Vijay starrer has raked in ₹70 crore+ worldwide and the film is likely to reach the ₹100 crore mark by the end of this week.

During the first weekend, "Kaththi" got a fantastic reception from Vijay fans worldwide. The film earned ₹23.08 crore on the release day worldwide and Tamil Nadu contributed a major part to it. The film reportedly made ₹12.5 crore in the state, ₹7+ crore overseas, ₹1.5 crore in Kerala, ₹1.58 crore in Karnataka and the rest from other parts of India.

By the end of the first weekend, "Kaththi" collected ₹36 crore from Tamil Nadu, around ₹4.5 crore from Karnataka and Kerala and ₹1.5 crore from other parts of the country to end the first week with ₹46.5 crore. While the international circuits have contributed around ₹24 crore and the total collection of the film now stands at ₹70.5 crore.

Traders predict that "Kaththi" will be reaching the ₹100 crore mark by the end of this week.

Can "Kaththi" Score a Century in India?

The biggest question that trade trackers are asking is – can "Kaththi" score a century in Indian soil alone. So far, the Tamil movie has raked in close to ₹50 crore and reaching the ₹100 crore mark is no easy as per the trade analysts.

In the history of Tamil films, only three films – "Sivaji", "Enthiran" and "Thuppakki" - have reached the mark and people are curiously looking forward to see the performance of Ilayathalapathy's film in the coming days.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/kaththi-box-office-collections-vijay-starrer-racing-towards-100-crore-mark-612523#.VFCywhpnXxE.twitter

CEDYBLUE
29th October 2014, 03:06 PM
First things first..It need lots of time of investigation to nitpick to take a dig at Rolemodel.Call him Arrogant,Loudmouth whatever still its better than being BraveLion in Fims & TimidRat in real life taking backdoor to "Make" People believe as Next Superstar

How do you prove that Vijay resorts to backdoor activities to make people ‘believe’ him as the Next Superstar? Can you quote some proven sources here?

Rentrak, Glint Cinemas, Box Office Moyo and all sources that provide authentic data place Vijay’s movies on top of the Box Office table. We don’t have such luxuries here in India; all we have here is Behindwoods and Sreedhar Pillai. Even their numbers showcase Vijay to be on top. It is not illogical to think that Vijay’s market in the overseas market (reliable numbers) could very well be replicated here in the domestic market. Why not?

Infact, some of Vijay’s duds like Sura and Thalaivaa have collected more money overseas that more fancied hits of competitors. Its there black and white, for everyone to see. You may think, why this obsession with overseas data, because that’s the only authentic numbers we have.

He is the most searched actor in Google for the last decade, Forbes consistently rate him higher.

Do you really think, we have no reasons whatsoever to think Vijay is a top draw?

Now, tell me what makes you think Vijay has to resort to backdoor activities to prove himself, when his fans and his numbers speak for themselves?

Regarding Alcohol, Head Tonsure and Sabarimala, these things were not picked from any MEMES from outside, these informations were posted right here in hub, not by any one of us. You may be wondering why I am bothered about it, right?

Ok, please take time to read this?

Parthy, when someone relentlessly posts or talks about Vijay abusing his servant, Vijay winning Superstar Poll though ‘backdoor’ and then resorts to using words like ‘Naai’ and more.

Then when the same person posts about how a modern day saint tonsured his head for Sivaji, has Sabarimala in his sights often these days and drinking alcohol apparently is his only Achilles heel, how do you think, we are expected to react?

I am not bothered about Head Tonsure as long as there are no fake posts from oneindia about Vijay’s misbehaviour with his servants.

When you are trying to bring down someone, be prepared to be bitten back hard.

Don’t you think there are serious exaggerations at both ends of the spectrum here? The whole Ajith is a saint and hence Vijay is a cheap agenda.

As long as your agenda is just to market Ajith as a modern day mahatma, it doesn’t bother any of us here. The moment you talk about Vijay, we are in, automatically.

How does Ajith being good make Vijay bad?

How does Ajith gifting iPhone to his servant translate to Vijay ill-treating his servant?

Why does every positive action of Ajith bring about an equal and opposite action from Vijay? Newton’s law huh?

Why should Vijay resort to backdoor when his BO records and his fan following are there for everyone to see?

Nobody is saying Ajith doesn’t boast of both, but when Vijay’s proven records are put to question, what do you expect us to do?

We will comeback hard.

You are right here. That was one killer tweet from Radhika which help us counter many cruel manipulations and exaggerations. It is like the Mystery Ball which we try to use to once in a while to get the batsman hopping around.

Still I am wondering how right it is to compare 60 Crore 2 week Domestic Run to a 45, al right 53 crore worldwide life time run. Thuppakki, the movie run very well for 7-8 weeks. According to Behindwoods, Thuppakki's numbers increased from 9.4 Crore at the end of week 2 to 13.4 Crore by the end of its run in Chennai. That's a good 50% increase from week 2.

As far as Box Office records are concerned, manipulations, careful or careless, have never been necessary for Vijay. You say now, we can have a good healthy debate on BO collections right from scratch?

What do you want to start with?

King of Opening?

King of Overall collections?

King of Overseas Collections?

Any topic of your choice and we can begin rightaway!

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 03:06 PM
I meant it for overall collection... Your point wrt SP tweet is thupakki didnt cross 100cr right?

Simple.Concluding Mankatha by quoting Radhika tweet,Same can be done for Thupaaki too.

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 03:13 PM
How do you prove that Vijay resorts to backdoor activities to make people ‘believe’ him as the Next Superstar? Can you quote some proven sources here?

Rentrak, Glint Cinemas, Box Office Moyo and all sources that provide authentic data place Vijay’s movies on top of the Box Office table. We don’t have such luxuries here in India; all we have here is Behindwoods and Sreedhar Pillai. Even their numbers showcase Vijay to be on top. It is not illogical to think that Vijay’s market in the overseas market (reliable numbers) could very well be replicated here in the domestic market. Why not?

Infact, some of Vijay’s duds like Sura and Thalaivaa have collected more money overseas that more fancied hits of competitors. Its there black and white, for everyone to see. You may think, why this obsession with overseas data, because that’s the only authentic numbers we have.

He is the most searched actor in Google for the last decade, Forbes consistently rate him higher.

Do you really think, we have no reasons whatsoever to think Vijay is a top draw?

Now, tell me what makes you think Vijay has to resort to backdoor activities to prove himself, when his fans and his numbers speak for themselves?

Regarding Alcohol, Head Tonsure and Sabarimala, these things were not picked from any MEMES from outside, these informations were posted right here in hub, not by any one of us. You may be wondering why I am bothered about it, right?

Parthy, when someone relentlessly posts or talks about Vijay abusing his servant, Vijay winning Superstar Poll though ‘backdoor’ and then resorts to using words like ‘Naai’ and more.

Then when the same person posts about how a modern day saint tonsured his head for Sivaji, has Sabarimala in his sights often these days and drinking alcohol apparently is his only Achilles heel, how do you think, we are expected to react?

I am not bothered about Head Tonsure as long as there are no fake posts from oneindia about Vijay’s misbehaviour with his servants.

Don’t you think there are serious exaggerations at both ends of the spectrum here? The whole Ajith is a saint and hence Vijay is a cheap agenda.

As long as your agenda is just to market Ajith as a modern day mahatma, it doesn’t bother any of us here. The moment you talk about Vijay, we are in, automatically.

How does Ajith gifting iPhone to his servant translate to Vijay ill-treating his servant?

Why does every positive action of Ajith bring about an equal and opposite action from Vijay? Newton’s law huh?

Why should Vijay resort to backdoor when his BO records and his fan following are there for everyone to see?

Nobody is saying Ajith doesn’t boast of both, but when Vijay’s proven records are put to question, what do you expect us to do?

We will comeback hard.

As far as Box Office records are concerned, manipulations, careful or careless, have never been necessary for Vijay. You say now, we can have a good healthy debate on BO collections right from scratch?

King of Opening?

:anandakanneer:

Enga annan Velayudham aka cedy vandhuttaanda.. :)

GSV
29th October 2014, 03:20 PM
^^^^ +1

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 03:23 PM

We will comeback hard.

King of Opening?

Hey superb man! U r a super star of this hub! U represent all Vijay fans! Nethiadi.

VinodKumar's
29th October 2014, 03:24 PM
:anandakanneer:

Enga annan Velayudham aka cedy vandhuttaanda.. :)

:smokesmirk: ... Good one, Cedy.

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 03:29 PM
A.R.Murugadoss - A strong messenger to the public

A voracious book reader, an inspiring hero through his films, a director who makes us laugh and cry at the same time, A.R.Murugadoss is a film maker who has a strong conviction to give a message to the society. A quick run through his films with different messages is as follows.

The Inception
ARM has spent more than a decade in the film industry. His debut film Dheena was a complete action packed entertainer. From his next film he wanted to give the audience a message with entertainment. Though a commercial film in 2002, 'Ramana' marked an inception to provide a strong social content by emphasizing bribery and corruption happening in our political scenario.

The Journey
Moving on, this simple director came back with a bang after three years in 2005 with Ghajini starring Suriya that touched upon a medical situation of a person. With a simple storyline comprising a hero, heroine and villan, Ghajini emphasized on short term memory loss. Then came '7aum Arivu', a science fiction thriller starring Suriya which was a massive hit with a new and unique storyline. It presented the life of Bodhidharma, a master of martial arts and medical remedies. During his directional journey he also produced and wrote other films like Vatthikuchi, Raja Rani, Maan Karate etc.

The vibrant streak
Post his back to back successes, he made another thought-provoking movie with a mega star Vijay, 'Thuppakki' which was 'dedicated to members of the Indian army and their families'. This movie was remade in Hindi starring Akshay Kumar titled 'Holiday - A Soldier Is Never Off Duty'. It gave an insight into the life of a soldier.

A.R.Murugadoss continues to inspire the audience. With his recent success 'Kaththi', released for this Diwali he touched upon many issues like water scarcity, situation of senior citizens, corruption etc. We wish him good luck for his future projects.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-14/ar-murugadoss-a-journey.html

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 03:34 PM
விஜய்யின் அரைமணிநேர பிரஸ்மீட்

புதன், 29 அக்டோபர் 2014 (14:56 IST)
Share on facebookShare on twitter More Sharing Services

கத்தி பரவலான வரவேற்புடன் ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கும் நிலையில் படத்தின் வெற்றியை பத்திரிகையாளர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளவிருப்பதாக விஜய் சார்பில் பிரஸ்மீட் ஏற்பாடு செய்யப்பட்டது.

வேளச்சேரியிலுள்ள நட்சத்திர விடுதியில் இந்த சந்திப்பு நடந்தது.பொதுவாக இதுபோன்ற சந்திப்புகளில் பிரஸ்ஸுக்கு விருந்தும் பணமும் தந்து சைலண்டாக வெளியேறுவது அஜீத்தின் வழக்கம்.ஆனால் விஜய் படம் குறித்தும், வெற்றி குறித்தும் நாலு வார்த்தையாவது பேசுவார். ஆனால் இந்தமுறை பத்திரிகையாளர்களை வரவேற்றதோடு டாட்டா காட்டி கிளம்பிவிட்டார்.

விஜய்யின் இந்த மாற்றத்தை ஓரளவு எதிர்பார்த்ததுதான். கத்தியில் மீடியாவுக்கு எதிராக விஜய் மூலமாக முருகதாஸ் கடுமையான விமர்சனத்தை முன் வைத்திருந்தார். மக்கள் பிரச்சனைக்கு மீடியாக்கள் குரல் தருவதில்லை என்பதுதான் முக்கிய குற்றச்சாட்டு.

அதனைத் தொடர்ந்து, படத்தில் வரும் தண்ணீர் பிரச்சனை, மீத்தேன் வாயு எடுக்கும் திட்டம் ஆகியவற்றையெல்லாம் முருகதாஸும், விஜய்யும் மீடியாவைப் பார்த்து தெரிந்து கொள்ளாமல் நேரடியாக சம்பவ இடத்துக்குப் போயா தெரிந்து கொண்டார்கள் என விமர்சனம் எழுந்தது. இதே கேள்விகள் பிரஸ்மீட்டில் கேட்கப்படலாம் என்பதாலேயே விஜய் பத்திரிகையாளர்களை வரவேற்றதுடன் கிளம்பிவிட்டார் என கூறப்படுகிறது.

VinodKumar's
29th October 2014, 03:36 PM
Chatriyan, Please avoid those red color kind of stuffs.

vinodh143
29th October 2014, 03:41 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/article/tamil-cinema-news-movie-film/vijays-half-an-hour-pressmeet-114102900030_1.html

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 03:42 PM
Chatriyan, Please avoid those red color kind of stuffs.

Sorry bro. Edited.

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 03:47 PM
Cedy ingira Cedyblue...Villathi villain.

That, to me, was the best post so far in the hub. Very valid points Cedy. Thanks bro!!

rachel
29th October 2014, 03:53 PM
//As far as Box Office records are concerned, manipulations, careful or careless, have never been necessary for Vijay.//

hi...cedyblue...but fake success meets for his films (jilla) make me think otherwise

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 03:56 PM
Rachel. .welcome...how about Veeram telugu success meet which happened on second day?

Not to forget Veeram team started tweeting on Saturday itself thanking fans for making the movie a superhit. Everyone in showbiz does this to boost movie ticket sales. Don't isolate Vijay alone here.

rachel
29th October 2014, 03:58 PM

//

'veeram' won against 'jilla' . why can't thala 55 beat 'kaththi' records?

rachel
29th October 2014, 04:00 PM
Rachel. .welcome...how about Veeram telugu success meet which happened on second day?

Not to forget Veeram team started tweeting on Saturday itself thanking fans for making the movie a superhit. Everyone in showbiz does this to boost movie ticket sales. Don't isolate Vijay alone here.

ajith wasn't there

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 04:01 PM
//As far as Box Office records are concerned, manipulations, careful or careless, have never been necessary for Vijay.//

hi...cedyblue...but fake success meets for his films (jilla) make me think otherwise

Jilla is a hit and Veeram was a disaster!

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 04:02 PM
ajith wasn't there

he was kinding briyani for the press meet so he got caught in traffic!

Robertadmip
29th October 2014, 04:08 PM
ajith wasn't there
ya avaruku publikutty pudikathu avere solli irukar,

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 04:09 PM

By the way to beat Kaththi Ajith must concentrate on his physique and acting skills to attract family and kids and not just his die hard fans. I can give a big list but it will hurt ur feelings. ur 55 will not beat Kaththi for sure! Mark my words and i know the response for ajith movies worldwide and his market value is no way near Vijay especially outside TN.

Note: VEERAM was a disaster in UK,Kerala and many more places, especially Thangame Thangame song made the movie terrible. Jilla is a hit all over but Veeram is a hit only in Chennai!

VinodKumar's
29th October 2014, 04:09 PM
-Deleted-

rachel
29th October 2014, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwDPtD7k-KA#t=1866

see it from 39.01 to 39.55....

athu nadippa...ithu nadipa..... :lol2:

.... multi personality??

Siv.S
29th October 2014, 04:17 PM
It's better not to go anywhere than publishing photos of that 3Lakhs donation.. he will never write a letter like do paalabhisheham with all safety measures .. most ridiculous thing I come across in the recent times :lol:

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwDPtD7k-KA#t=1866

see it from 39.01 to 39.55....

athu nadippa...ithu nadipa..... :lol2:

.... multi personality??

He appurama niyabaga paduthu evening vandhu sirikiren!

Robertadmip
29th October 2014, 04:22 PM
Neil nitin Mukesh first padathulaiye semmaiya tamil pesi irukar , but sila per more than 20 years industry la irukanga innum tamil vara mattenguthu

Robertadmip
29th October 2014, 04:24 PM
photos nu sonna udan awarness create panna yarukum theriyama bike la poitu appuram HD version la photo vanthuche athu thaan gnapagam varuthu

rachel
29th October 2014, 04:24 PM
By the way to beat Kaththi Ajith must concentrate on his physique and acting skills to attract family and kids and not just his die hard fans. I can give a big list but it will hurt ur feelings. ur 55 will not beat Kaththi for sure! Mark my words and i know the response for ajith movies worldwide and his market value is no way near Vijay especially outside TN.

Note: VEERAM was a disaster in UK,Kerala and many more places, especially Thangame Thangame song made the movie terrible. Jilla is a hit all over but Veeram is a hit only in Chennai!

but overall collection is higher than jilla...kaththi is not just a vijay film , it's a murugados 's film too... he has a good reputation he is a hit director
kaththi's succ ess is not just vijay .....

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 04:42 PM
photos nu sonna udan awarness create panna yarukum theriyama bike la poitu appuram HD version la photo vanthuche athu thaan gnapagam varuthu

Cycling ponalum photoku pose nala kuduparu..:-D

Robertadmip
29th October 2014, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USQwjAtQawc

From 1.13.01

இளையதளபதி விஜயின் தற்போது வெளியான படமான "காவலன்" வெற்றியை ரசிகர்கள் கொண்டாடி வருகின்றனர். அந்தவகையில் விஜய் டிவியின் நேற்றைய குடியரசு தின...

சிறப்பு நிகழ்ச்சியில் விஜயின் காவலன் பட வெற்றி கொண்டாட்டமாக "காவலன் எங்கள் காதலன்"என்னும் சிறப்பு நிகழ்ச்சி ஒளிபரப்பட்டது.

இந்நிகழ்வில் இளையதளபதி விஜய், அசின் கலந்து கொண்டனர். இந்நிகழ்ச்சியில் பல விடயங்களை விஜய் நேயர்களுடன் பகிர்ந்து கொள்கிறார்.

அதில் விஜய் அவர்கள் பேசுகையில்:

"எனது படம் ரிலீஸ் ஆகும் போது பட்டாசு வெடிகிறீங்க, கொண்டடுரீங்க, என்ஜாய் பண்ணுறீங்க எல்லாம் ஓகே ஆனால் பாலபிஷேகம் மட்டும் வேண்டாம் ஏனெனில் நம்ம நாட்டில ஒரு பால் பக்கெட் கூட வேண்டமுடியாத அளவுக்கு மக்கள் இருக்கிறாங்க அதனால் ஏன் அந்த புனிதமான பொருளை ஒரு கட்அவுட் மேல ஊத்தணும், இனிமேல் அப்படியான காரியங்களை செய்யாமல் இருந்தால் நான் சந்தோஷ மடைவேன்" என கூறினார். அத்துடன் காவலன் படத்தினை வெற்றி படமாக்கிய ரசிகர்களுக்கு எனது மனமார்ந்த நன்றிகளை தெரிவித்தார்.

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 04:43 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1HBEUWCMAERvrY.jpg

ArulprakasH
29th October 2014, 04:44 PM

We will comeback hard.

Antha someone kitta appavea itha ellathaiyum ketrukalamea..

Ajith ah paththi nalla visayangal veliya varathukku naanga ennanga panna mudiyum.. Paththa kuraikku celeberitiesyum peasi vachiduranga.. Naanga atha paththi thaan pesurom but anga vanthu sila paer thotraththai pathi pesidurangala... appuram unga line than

When your agenda is to market ur hero as Modern day Markendayean, it doesn't bother any of us here. The moment you talk about Ajith, we are in, automatically.

Evlo yelanangal, keligal.. Uruvam and thotraththa paththi.. annikku silent ah sirichuttu thaanea iruntheenga..

Intha kelvigala konjam maaththi keattu paarunga..

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 04:45 PM
Jayam Ravi @actor_jayamravi
Watched kaththi over the weekend. Enjoyed @ARMurugadoss sir's work & vijay Anna rocked as always. Congrats to the whole team!

Robertadmip
29th October 2014, 04:45 PM
Cycling ponalum photoku pose nala kuduparu..:-D
athu pose illa yaro avaruku theriyama Hight quality camera oda vanthu eduthathu , appovum avar kenji kettare publikutty pannatheenganu , aana paya pulla ketkama publikutty pannitan

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 04:52 PM
but overall collection is higher than jilla...kaththi is not just a vijay film , it's a murugados 's film too... he has a good reputation he is a hit director
kaththi's succ ess is not just vijay .....

Accepted not with the collections of Veeram but with the success of Kaththi and any actor's movie's success belongs to the director! Always!

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 04:55 PM
Seen the movie, better than I anticipated , rather lengthy movie ( typical ARM), could have trimmed a bit.
Not a typical VJ masala, he has put on weight , Samantha was apt for the role.

Highlight of the story was the farmers struggle!

On the negative side, the coin fight was marana mokkai !!! ( the coin toss was inspired from Shivaji ????)
In terms of VJ acting, I see Nayagan Kamal ( crying scenes,) and see Basha Rajni (angry young man expression, esp the voice modulation)

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 04:55 PM
Antha someone kitta appavea itha ellathaiyum ketrukalamea..

Ajith ah paththi nalla visayangal veliya varathukku naanga ennanga panna mudiyum.. Paththa kuraikku celeberitiesyum peasi vachiduranga.. Naanga atha paththi thaan pesurom but anga vanthu sila paer thotraththai pathi pesidurangala... appuram unga line than

When your agenda is to market ur hero as Modern day Markendayean, it doesn't bother any of us here. The moment you talk about Ajith, we are in, automatically.

Evlo yelanangal, keligal.. Uruvam and thotraththa paththi.. annikku silent ah sirichuttu thaanea iruntheenga..

Intha kelvigala konjam maaththi keattu paarunga..

Avana nirutha sol naan niruthiren!

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 04:56 PM
Params,

That coin toss was inspired by tossing of coin. :)

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 04:58 PM
Params,

That coin toss was inspired by tossing of coin. :)

lol, I found that very irritating

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 04:59 PM
lol, I found that very irritating
Fair enough. Thanks for the review. :)

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 04:59 PM
Seen the movie, better than I anticipated , rather lengthy movie ( typical ARM), could have trimmed a bit.
Not a typical VJ masala, he has put on weight , Samantha was apt for the role.

Highlight of the story was the farmers struggle!

On the negative side, the coin fight was marana mokkai !!! ( the coin toss was inspired from Shivaji ????)
In terms of VJ acting, I see Nayagan Kamal ( crying scenes,) and see Basha Rajni (angry young man expression, esp the voice modulation)

Thanks for the review but sorry to say its soora mokkai! Coin toss panna Sivajiya??? What is this nonsense?

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 05:01 PM
Fair enough. Thanks for the review. :)

:lol2: :yessir:

interz
29th October 2014, 05:04 PM
http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/movie-news/pawan-says-no-to-kaththi-remake-60948.html

not sure if this has been posted.

Mr.GreyShirt
29th October 2014, 05:04 PM
:lol2: :yessir:

You probably didn't like all those slow motion in that fight?

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 05:07 PM
மலையாளத் திரையுலகை மிரட்டிய 'கத்தி' வசூல்...

மலையாளத் திரையுலகம் கடந்த சில வாரங்களாகவே கடுமையான சோதனையை சந்தித்து வருவதாகத் தெரிவிக்கிறார்கள். தொடர்ந்து மற்ற மொழிகளிலிருந்து வெளியாகும் படங்கள் கேரளாவில் உள்ள அனைத்து தியேட்டர்களையும் ஆக்கிரமித்துக் கொள்வதால் நேரடி மலையாளப் படங்கள் வெளியாவது சிக்கலாக உள்ளதாம். தமிழிலிருந்து 'கத்தி', ஹிந்தியிலிருந்து 'ஹேப்பி நியூ இயர்' ஆகிய படங்கள் கடந்த வாரம் முதல் பெரும்பாலான திரையரங்குகளில் வெளியாக கேரள ரசிகர்களின் வரவேற்புடன் இரண்டாவது வாரத்திலும் அடியெடுத்து வைத்துள்ளது.குறிப்பாக 'கத்தி' திரைப்படத்தின் வசூல் இதுவரை வெளியான நேரடி மலையாளப் படங்களையே மிஞ்சி விடும் என்கிறார்கள். படத்தின் வசூல் மட்டும் அவர்களை கவலையடைச் செய்யவில்லையாம். ஒரு தமிழ் நடிகருக்கு கேரளாவில் இந்த அளவிற்கு வரவேற்பு எப்படி ஏற்பட்டது என்பதை ஆச்சரியத்துடன் பேசி வருகிறார்களாம். 'கத்தி' படம் வெளியான தியேட்டர்களில் கட் அவுட்டுகள், பிரம்மாண்ட போஸ்டர்கள், ஆட்டம் பாட்டம் கொண்டாட்டம் என மலையாள சூப்பர் ஸ்டார்களான மம்முட்டி, மோகன்லாலுக்கு இணையான பேரும் புகழும் எப்படி வந்தது என்பதுதான் பேச்சாக இருக்கிறதாம். 'கத்தி' படத்தின் கதை கேரள ரசிகர்களுக்கு மிகவும் நெருக்கமான ஒரு உணர்வை ஏற்படுத்தி இருக்கிறது என்கிறார்கள்.
'கத்தி' கொண்டாட்டத்தில் ஒரு ரசிகர் மரணடைந்ததும், அதற்கு கேரளாவில் உள்ள மற்ற ரசிகர்களும், விஜய்யும் நிதி உதவி வழங்கியிருப்பதும் கூட அவர்களை ஆச்சரியப்படுத்தியுள்ளது என்கிறார்கள். விஜய்க்குக் கிடைத்துள்ள இந்த வரவேற்பு சில மலையாள நடிகர்களுக்கு எரிச்சலைக் கூட ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்கும் என்கிறார்கள். இனி வரும் காலங்களில் தமிழ்ப் படங்கள் வெளியாகும் அதே நாட்களில் கேரளாவிலும் வெளியாவதை மலையாளத் திரையுலகினில் தடுத்தாலும் ஆச்சரியமில்லை என்கிறார்கள். அடுத்து 'ஐ, லிங்கா, உத்தம வில்லன்' போன்ற படங்களின் வருகை மேலும் பாதிப்பை ஏற்படுத்தும் என்கிற அச்சமே இதற்குக் காரணமாம்...

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/23379/cinema/Kollywood/Kaththi-collection-gave-surprise-to-malayalam-film-industry.htm

Russelldwp
29th October 2014, 05:12 PM
"எனது படம் ரிலீஸ் ஆகும் போது பட்டாசு வெடிகிறீங்க, கொண்டடுரீங்க, என்ஜாய் பண்ணுறீங்க எல்லாம் ஓகே ஆனால் பாலபிஷேகம் மட்டும் வேண்டாம் ஏனெனில் நம்ம நாட்டில ஒரு பால் பக்கெட் கூட வேண்டமுடியாத அளவுக்கு மக்கள் இருக்கிறாங்க அதனால் ஏன் அந்த புனிதமான பொருளை ஒரு கட்அவுட் மேல ஊத்தணும், இனிமேல் அப்படியான காரியங்களை செய்யாமல் இருந்தால் நான் சந்தோஷ மடைவேன்" என

idhai olunga follow panniyirundha oru vijay rasigarai naam izhandhirukka mattom

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 05:12 PM
AP,

We know who are the genuine Vijay,Ajith fans in the hub and who the pretenders are. The pretender has been continuously posting provocative posts about Vijay in Ajith thread. But nobody even cared to nip him at the bud. You can browse through the old pages of your thread to check this. He posed as a Surya fan sometime back and when things didn't work out he wore the Ajith fan mask for his agenda. Many times I have seen him provocate people from this side by posting garbage in your thread and our guys assume him an Ajith fan and reply with crap. Do me a favor for oldtimes sake. If he provocates again, pls ask him to stop. Hub will be a better place.

ArulprakasH
29th October 2014, 05:32 PM
AB.. I have insisted it in our thread many times and even others. When we could not stop, we started ignoring it. Intha last two pages la paarunga epdi comments nu.. itha ellathaiyum ungalala stop panna mudinjutha?

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 05:34 PM
Certain things doesnt need a Debate or discussion,its all calling Spade a spade.
One example i can give is Favourite actor award in Vijay TV...As we all know How impactfull are VijayTV shows now a days ..Mahendran has told one month back that Vijay would be receiving Favourite actor award..This was revealed in Event itself Then Y Fake Polls?

Kumudam Superstar..Thingy First there was online poll..all of sudden it was taken out...Again close to anouncing they opened up with Vijay leading....
Thanks letter to Kumudam for Next Superstar plus initially given Nod to grand Superstar function in Madurai to announce it,last minute cancelled due to any Political trouble it may induce to Kathi.But acting Innocent as Rajini is always Superstar and not interested in taking that title in Vijay award dont you see any thing contradictory.So These are all Front door entry okay
Yes VijayTVs,Kumudam write up does create Perception to the People.

Sadly Overseas contribution is less and generalising based on this would end nowhere.So Sura bigger hit than Nanban.Ok agreed.Now its growing bigger and bigger with each film

Yes this the Broad generalisaion,I am speaking out....StarCraze and Film box office collection are two different things.Many factors favour a films collection such as Promotion,Media Interviews,Channel etc ofcourse Vijay is Big draw in Boxoffice but Ajith alone has done many times without Publicity,Nil successmeets,With Sumaar Directors.
So its natural to put Ajith ahead of Vijay.Both cater to Masses successfully but on two different way.
AJith has taken the most hardest path an star can take in evry case be director selection,no promotion ,not having Fake success meets,No Baby albert shield for flop films and yet he gives the best opening.
Its clear Black and white not a Grey layer given via Baby albert,150 functions etc.

Sameway I can cite Thousand examples After Rajinikanth,Reference to Ajith in other films in recent times to get crowd applause are too many.compared to his contempories.

Forbes its the income of all Brand a star in endorsing plus film remunerations...Surya has come sometime ahead that doesnt mean hes a Bigger star than Ajith & Vijay.
Trully Numbers when comes to Vijay is nothing less than multiples of 100C

We will comeback hard.

Most dont endorse OneIndia here and People are taking it as excuse to put a blame on Ajith fans even after knowing it.
To be Bruttaly honest I am fan of Arrogant Ajith for his Firebrand attitude irrespective of what public think:wink:
Having said that the Offscreen Aura AJith has now totally taken him to new level...So a film right film with such directors would kill that Benefit of Doubt some are enjoying

Amount of Provocations by Vijay fans here > by Ajith fans here.So no point in Blaming.Lewd comments are made on both sides..

No one said Ajith is Mahatma..Sometimes sorry almost most of time media exagerrates One Bad you do You are torn and good thing media will write several notch higher.So I am not Bothered about Exegarrations and Agreed its on both sides.
Earlier in 2003-2006 Ajith was put in Bad light for his Outspoken so called Arrogant speech and It was exegerrated.That time even now His Box Office is underestimated.Blockbusters will become Superhits,Superhits will become Hits, And Hits will become Avg.Finalyy Avg as Flops for Ajith.

So Negative Exagerrations done during those days for Ajith woulld easily beat current ones with addition of Social media.

You are right here. That was one killer tweet from Radhika which help us counter many cruel manipulations and exaggerations. It is like the Mystery Ball which we try to use to once in a while to get the batsman hopping around.

Still I am wondering how right it is to compare 60 Crore 2 week Domestic Run to a 45, al right 53 crore worldwide life time run. Thuppakki, the movie run very well for 7-8 weeks. According to Behindwoods, Thuppakki's numbers increased from 9.4 Crore at the end of week 2 to 13.4 Crore by the end of its run in Chennai. That's a good 50% increase from week 2.

53 is for TN.Radhika is not worldwide Distributer...Once you argued Since Radhika is TN distributer She may be correct in TN net.Now changing it to Worldwide..This called Manipulation...How Cruel and still we blame others .
Thupaki all india net so TN alone 55C gross it will be after two weeks excluding kerala,Karnataka,Restof India...Yes This is Fair comparision because here most BO are discussed based on Pillai tweets.So Why such hullabaloo for 2C difference in TN afterall ARMUragadoss is next only to Shankar??? Eventhough its after 18 days of run which contributes 90% :huh:
Behind wood provides a gross estimate and make adjustment then and there. .50% increase after 2 weeks based on that is Medical miracle,may be a good assumption.
Its like saying OKOK next to Endiran with 16C,BroadGeneralisation.

As far as Box Office records are concerned, manipulations have never been necessary for Vijay. You say now, we can have a good healthy debate on BO collections right from scratch?

King of Opening?

Any topic of your choice and we can begin rightaway
Questioning me now reminds me of Raguvan hitting back at Arjun to become oneday CM :wink:

ARMurugadoss is next only to Shankar for his Market among Directors,So without such Directors Ajith has given such opening

Just to quote Thupaki was 9.25 according to Pillai,Billa2 was 7.61C after 30 tax So Gross would be 10.9C,So Kati has beaten Billa2 opening day would be fair milestone. :wink:

The Opening a Star gives irrespective of Director,Form,Promotions,external factor like Upperhand Distributer etc almost in every film decide a Star Potentioal.Overall collection depends on various factors lke Promos,Media coverage,WordofMouth,Review etc.
So its natural to put him ahead of Vijay. :)
So Debating based on Overseas numbers doesnt make sense Average film in domestic makes huge there due to various factors like Promotions,Release date etc.
Agreed UK & Kerala Vijay have clear lead thats it.Thats all.
Can baby albert 100days dragged run be accepted as Flops?
then We can have fair debate :)

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 05:49 PM
Parthyy

Vijay is now leading in USA too after Kaththi
Vijay,Surya leading in Sri Lanka
Vijay no 1 in Malaysia,Australia,Karnataka after Kaththi

Ajith movies don't run after 3 days due to no family and kids fans!

It is sad Ajith is not upto mark but what can we do?

faithiu11
29th October 2014, 05:53 PM
Two blockbusters of ajith ...billa and mankatha...for one he comes in almost all TV channels for interview and for another suntv did great promotions... VP and vishnuvarthan are good directors in tamilcinema....ksr was next to Shankar during villain and god father days....arm came after 7 am arivu debacle...even kaththi was supposed to be done by ajith...c now without any promotions kaththi surpassed thupakki...so its not a fair point...and I didn't get surprise of kumudham and vijay awards after withnessed vijay fans dominance in twitter India trend or polls by top sites...he just won it by long margin...so no surprise for kumudham or vijay awards since they selected through polls ....in this industry everyone needs marketing and publicity...I accept vijay doing publicity wantedly....ajith too doing publicity wantedly....no doubt in tat..so either side plus and minus there..at last its about how many good entertaining movies they gave,giving and will give...and how it fares at box office....fans need to accept the fact and involve in healthy discussion...discussions for dumbs lik jilla and veeram clearly shows it they want to pretend their stars rather than expecting them to do quality entertaining movies...

uruzalari
29th October 2014, 06:02 PM
We do not have an official tracking in TN. But we have at overseas and there Vijay leads. Who are those people watching Vijay's movies at overseas? Are they a non - Tamil speaking population? They are people who migrated to those countries or are temporarily put up there. I fail to understand how someone will prefer Vijay over someone else only outside the boundaries of our nation. It is the only official proof or rather a sample size of what things are here actually but something we cannot prove unfortunately due to lack of authenticity over here.

Just ask few non Ajith/Vijay fans about the number of movies of these stars which they have watched in theatres over the last few years and you will get the answer.

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 06:07 PM
Here in UK, VJ is very popular against SL youth!

faithiu11
29th October 2014, 06:12 PM
people claiming vijay have good market in overseas since he married srilankan Tamil girl is just ridiculous....wat about malaysia,gulf and Singapore...

Parthyy
29th October 2014, 06:14 PM
Simple,How extent you can push down others based on some favourable criteria and generalising expect the same to be done like other side of coin...

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 06:15 PM
I am a Srilankan tamil and live in UK. Vijay is equal to Rajni in UK, Sri Lanka and Canada!

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 06:18 PM
people claiming vijay have good market in overseas since he married srilankan Tamil girl is just ridiculous....wat about malaysia,gulf and Singapore...

Let me clear this. Kadhaluku Mariyathai, Ninaithen Vandhai,Thullatha Manamum Thullum were blockbusters in UK and that is before getting married!

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 06:35 PM
Vijay is equal to Rajni in UK, Sri Lanka and Canada!

:fatigue:

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 06:39 PM

I don't think, it has anything to do with that.

balaajee
29th October 2014, 06:40 PM
Let me clear this. Kadhaluku Mariyathai, Ninaithen Vandhai,Thullatha Manamum Thullum were blockbusters in UK and that is before getting married!
he
VJ might have proposed her that time...

Russellpme
:fatigue:

Truth is Vijay is beyond Rajni. Idu eppadi irruku!

CEDYBLUE
We do not have an official tracking in TN. But we have at overseas and there Vijay leads. Who are those people watching Vijay's movies at overseas? Are they a non - Tamil speaking population? They are people who migrated to those countries or are temporarily put up there. I fail to understand how someone will prefer Vijay over someone else only outside the boundaries of our nation. It is the only official proof or rather a sample size of what things are here actually but something we cannot prove unfortunately due to lack of authenticity over here.

Just ask few non Ajith/Vijay fans about the number of movies of these stars which they have watched in theatres over the last few years and you will get the answer.

I am wondering how generalizing 'overseas' records over a good part of the last 10 years can lead us no where but 'star craze' or 'references' to a particular actor in the last few years can lead us to something concrete. Seriously puzzled.

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 06:41 PM
Truth is Vijay is beyond Rajni. Idu eppadi irruku!

NallavE illa enjoy :wave:

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 06:45 PM
I am wondering how generalizing 'overseas' records over a good part of the last 10 years can lead us no where but 'star craze' or 'references' to a particular actor in the last few years can lead us to something concrete. Seriously puzzled.

Its because their actor is soon going to be retired and the frustration come out in these ways!

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 06:51 PM
Ayngaran @Ayngaranholland :
#KATHTHI HOLLAND EXTRA SHOWS ADDED!!! ayngaran.nl

PARAMASHIVAN
29th October 2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.worldlistmania.com/top-highest-paid-actor-indian-cinema/

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 06:53 PM
#Kaththi bookings open for next week in AGS cinemas. Gets 10 regular shows in AGS Villivakkam and 7 regular shows in AGS OMR

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 06:54 PM
#Kaththi next week bookings open at Sangam Cinemas. Retains Sangam main screen (4 shows) DeLounge screen (3 shows)

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 06:57 PM
Kornerseat @Kornerseat :
3 single screens added for #Kaththi in Bangalore, Mohan, Mahadeshwara & Vishal theatre. #Vijay.

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks to overwhelming demand, new screen added for #Kaththi The film releasing in Nanganallur Vettrivel tomorrow; gets big screen 4 shows

bimmer
29th October 2014, 07:01 PM

Watched.. Movie was good overall, First 45 Minutes was soora Mokkai.

Jeevanandham scenes were well canned
BGM was awesome gave a great lift to the movie's pace
Vijay was a big plus - Very fit for 40.

-ves
Songs were misplaced, except Selfie and Aathi songs did not attract
Some of the dialogues were good but kind of looked forced. Like his sister asking what is communism while Vijay was looking for the water source in a crunch time
I did not like the Blueprint scenes where he is looking under the table- No logic and was funny

Overall Kaththi> Jilla, Thalaiva but falls short of Thupakki by a mile.

faithiu11
29th October 2014, 07:07 PM
I think his sis see some communism book in the table and ask him...eventhough the dialogue is not related to movie plot its a good one and now become quite popular among people

faithiu11
29th October 2014, 07:12 PM
I feel v should not compare movies with different plots...good arm trying different kind of genres with good message....

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 07:21 PM
I agree. I feel, personally, the fact that Kaththi has got the appreciation and accolades that it deserved, will only encourage Vijay to try different themes and subjects. Of course, when the box office numbers are also exceeding expectations, it's an icing on the cake.

Siv.S
29th October 2014, 07:29 PM
Parthy whattay!! ;-)

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 07:41 PM

:lol:

Like makkalin muthalvar, i see BB veeram in some threads... But they are worried abt Siva with Ajith again.. :lol2:

Russelldwp
29th October 2014, 07:42 PM
நண்பர்கள் யாரேனும் ஆனந்த் விகடன் விமர்சனம் விபரம் தெரிந்தால் பதிவிடவும்.

பெரும்பாலான பத்திரிகைகள் மிக அருமையாக எழுதியுள்ளனர்.

கடந்த ஞாயிறு அன்று இரண்டெழுத்து தொலைக்காட்சியில் புது வரவு என்று பூஜை மட்டும்தானாம். அதுவே முதலிடமாம்-வேடிக்கைதான்
தொலைக்காட்சி ஓடுவதே விஜய் படத்தினால் தான் என்றால் அது மிகையாகாது. பிறகு ஏன் இந்த காழ்ப்புணர்ச்சி

சோதனைகளை சாதனைகளாக்கியவர் விஜய் என்பது அனைவருக்கும் தெரியும்

Arragesh
29th October 2014, 07:43 PM
I am bound to reply both your posts.

Arragesh,

You made a valid and heartening post couple of days back and wanted to stick to celebration and not resort to cheap attacks. Fair point and I was praising that particular post to some fellow hubbers, you believe it or not. And I have even pmed some Vijay fans when their post went slightly out of line and they haven't posted like that after.

But look at the way that particular one has posted. It was needless at this juncture. Its not that we can't report that guy and get him punished. But as we all know, it will make no difference. Even if he is banned, he will come back in some other avatar and provocate. Hence I decided to speak in a language he will understand.

But since you didn't want to compare yourself with that person, I am editing that post. Chillax,bro :)
I didn't mean to be rude in anyway.
Just want to make a point that I did not like that particular line

Thanks for removing bro

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 07:47 PM
Simple.Concluding Mankatha by quoting Radhika tweet,Same can be done for Thupaaki too.

Show me a single genuine article saying Mankatha crossed 100C... I have given more i guess ...

And I didnt get response for this... I know you dont have answer for it :wink:

He clearly said 2 weeks TN collection... Let it be 60 cr.. I think in malaysia itself thuppaki collected 10crores... Kerala + karnataka close to 8crores.... Adding rest of India and overseas + TV rights (which was close to 15 cr)... I dont see anything wrong in 100cr articles in 11 days.

How about posting thupakki collection across the world here rather than foul cry?

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 07:50 PM
நண்பர்கள் யாரேனும் ஆனந்த் விகடன் விமர்சனம் விபரம் தெரிந்தால் பதிவிடவும்.

பெரும்பாலான பத்திரிகைகள் மிக அருமையாக எழுதியுள்ளனர்.

கடந்த ஞாயிறு அன்று இரண்டெழுத்து தொலைக்காட்சியில் புது வரவு என்று பூஜை மட்டும்தானாம். அதுவே முதலிடமாம்-வேடிக்கைதான்
தொலைக்காட்சி ஓடுவதே விஜய் படத்தினால் தான் என்றால் அது மிகையாகாது. பிறகு ஏன் இந்த காழ்ப்புணர்ச்சி

சோதனைகளை சாதனைகளாக்கியவர் விஜய் என்பது அனைவருக்கும் தெரியும்

That's because Jeya TV has the rights for Kaththi after a tough fight!

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 07:52 PM
Has the decision to release telugu version been taken and finalized?

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 07:53 PM
53 is for TN.Radhika is not worldwide Distributor

:lol:

When in the world Sridhar pillai became Worldwide distributor then? Dont say you people never shared SP tweets..
I think Eros and Ayngaran are world wide distributors. Now you will say they are not authentic :lol2:
53 is for TN. Still you are speaking in the air. No authentic infos yet...

ecureuhapis
29th October 2014, 07:55 PM
Has the decision to release telugu version been taken and finalized?

dubbed version releasing on 21st

Arragesh
29th October 2014, 07:57 PM

Can't agree with you more

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 07:58 PM
dubbed version releasing on 21st

Thanks buddy... almost a month after tamil release.? What's the reason for such a long gap?

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 08:04 PM
#Kaththi into its 2nd week in Srilanka without any single drop in Theatre count.Same 16.Today's AD :smokesmirk: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1HtlugCUAEG6Wn.jpg

ecureuhapis
Thanks buddy... almost a month after tamil release.? What's the reason for such a long gap?

mostly it will be down to post production (e.g - change of tamil signboards/newspaper headlines to telugu)

i hope they also do huge music release function there with who's who of Tollywood. i'm sure VJ is still on good terms with Pawan (biggest star in Telugu who has remade many VJ movies)

elsaen11
47 shows in Sathyam tomo... Even on weekday

52 shows/each on weekend as of now

:smokesmirk:

elsaen11
29th October 2014, 08:07 PM
30 shows/each in mayajaal on weekends as of now :)

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 08:08 PM
15th day Malayalam poster of Kaththi :) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1HyaDrCUAIhM0f.jpg

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 08:15 PM
THUPPAKI 100 CRORES! EROS INTERNATIONAL PDF ON PAGE 4.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/livefeed_pdf/Feb2013/EROSMEDIA_Earningsrelease.pdf

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 08:18 PM
mostly it will be down to post production (e.g - change of tamil signboards/newspaper headlines to telugu)

i hope they also do huge music release function there with who's who of Tollywood. i'm sure VJ is still on good terms with Pawan (biggest star in Telugu who has remade many VJ movies)

Yeah ...Pawan anyway had the Hindi remake of Oh my God and his ambitious project Gabbar Singh 2 which needs to be completed. Him doing this remake would've meant pushing one of those further. Anyway, it's in Vijays personal interest(and ours too) that this movie gets dubbed released in telugu. He needs to penetrate that market...once that's done....no looking back.

arulraj
29th October 2014, 08:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1H0EX8CYAIuDHl.jpg

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 08:29 PM

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-actors/neil-nitin-mukesh/an-exclusive-kaththi-special-interview-with-actor-neil-nitin-mukesh.html

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 08:38 PM
Kaththi makes it to 11th spot in top15 of UK Box Office!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1HwhsxCQAAIqL1.jpg

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 08:42 PM
NeilNithinMukesh about IlayaThalapathy and his greatness in an interview to Behind Woods!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1HtCogCQAA0w3f.jpg

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 08:49 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1HWUR6CUAAaWzT.jpg

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 08:52 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1H6QB3CIAEaIWt.jpg

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 09:35 PM
Kornerseat ‏@Kornerseat
A Kannada film chamber member says #Kaththi 1st week net must be >6.5 crs in KA. Never heard for a Tamil film. BLOCKBUSTER!!!

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 09:38 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1IGuQVCUAAe49Z.jpg

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 09:40 PM
Karnataka Boxoffice @KABoxoffice :
Picture Kathi may collect 6.5 cr collection in 1st week. Oct 22-30. Very good never heard off before for Tamil. Super Hit.

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 09:43 PM
124 shows in Sathyam Cinemas for Kaththi during the weekend..

Russellpme
29th October 2014, 09:48 PM
I think his sis see some communism book in the table and ask him...eventhough the dialogue is not related to movie plot its a good one and now become quite popular among people

Jeevanandham is a communist leader.

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 09:48 PM
Weekend shows in Sathyam Cinemas

Sathyam - 12 shows * 2days
Escape - 12 shows * 2days
Luxe - 21 shows * 2days
S2 Thyeagaraja - 5 shows *2days
S2 Perambur - 12 shows *2days

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 10:07 PM
Just loved the kind words that Neil Nitin had to say about Vijay. Just copying that one section...remaining interview in the link.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-actors/...in-mukesh.html*

Kaththi, according to us, is one of the best films of Vijay in recent times, in terms of acting… How strong an impression did he make on you, as an actor and an individual?
The more I speak about Vijay, the less it seems. My character has come out so powerful because of the chemistry we shared.*To start with he is a spectacular human being and that reflects in his work. He has a great understanding of emotions and that reflects in the characters he plays. He has played both the characters with such dexterity.*Secondly, the greatest quality of Vijay is that he also contributes greatly to other actors on the set. If it weren’t for Vijay, my character wouldn’t have probably shaped the way it has. My role didn’t need a co-actor who was going to try to one-upmanship a character. The best thing about Vijay is that he is very secure as an actor. He doesn’t think twice about giving away all the attention if that is what his co-actors require. My father used to tell me that the more a tree starts growing and bearing fruits, the more it starts bowing down towards the earth. Vijay is the first person I’ve met in my whole life who is apt for that metaphor. For a man of his caliber, Vijay is spectacularly humble and for me, working with him was a great learning experience. He is like an elder brother to me.

Dammy R
29th October 2014, 10:08 PM
Weekend shows in Sathyam Cinemas

Sathyam - 12 shows * 2days
Escape - 12 shows * 2days
Luxe - 21 shtows * 2days
S2 Thyeagaraja - 5 shows *2days
S2 Perambur - 12 shows *2days

62 shows per day in second week? This is massive.

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 10:19 PM
Kaththi turned as 3rd highest opening weekend grosser of all time in USA full chart

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1IP4KPCQAACWAB.jpg

Kumaran.P
29th October 2014, 10:28 PM
Kaththi Tamil Movie Release in Guangdong, China. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJa4IgbnQQ

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 10:28 PM
KATHTHI unseen image!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1ISTX0CAAAmIk0.jpg

ajaybaskar
29th October 2014, 10:57 PM
62 shows per day in second week? This is massive.
When they opened booking last night, it was 48 shows/day. 14 more shows added in 24 hours.

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 11:20 PM
Vijay's Kaththi close to 100 Cr at BO

While Ilayathalapathy Vijay's 'Kaththi' has garnered 23.8 Cr in total on the first day of release, the superhit film seems to be heading to reach the 100 Cr mark. The buzz is that that action film starring Vijay and Samantha in the lead has collected 47.7 Cr in India and 23.35 Cr abroad in the first weekend. With the film getting amazing response with 71.05 Cr collections, 'Kaththi' is set to break the 100 Cr mark in a few days.

The film starring Vijay and Samantha in the lead with Bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh playing the villain hit the screens on Diwali. Directed by AR Murugadoss has been receiving amazing response among fans and the movie has apparently had a mass opening. 'Kaththi' after having facing various issues surrounding the release of the film has turned to be a hit film. Vijay plays dual roles in the film with Samantha playing the female lead and Anirudh scoring the music.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movies/news/Vijays-Kaththi-close-to-100-Cr-at-BO/articleshow/44968790.cms

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 11:21 PM
Ayngaran ‏@Ayngaranholland
#KATHTHI is all set to reach the Rs 100 crore mark

SenGOEk
29th October 2014, 11:27 PM
Ayngaran ‏@Ayngaranholland
Top 5 Tamil films of 2014 in Holland [Jan to Oct BoxOffice]:
1.#KATHTHI
2.#Jilla
3.#Kochadaiiyaan
4.#Veeram
5.#Anjaan

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 12:54 AM
This weekend Sathyam Cinemas-Royapettah will have #Kaththi morning special shows in 4 screens Sathyam big screen, Santham, Seasons & Six Degrees

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 12:59 AM
#Kaththi special shows for 2nd weekend in SPI Cinemas:
Sathyam (4 screens)+Escape (4 screens)+Luxe (5 screens)+S2 (P) (4 screens)+ S2 (T) (1 screen)

36 special shows in this weekend..

Nasc
30th October 2014, 04:54 AM
Kaththi turned as 3rd highest opening weekend grosser of all time in USA full chart

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1IP4KPCQAACWAB.jpg

sivaji list la iliye..is it a legit list?but kathi defn. opened big and hving a god repeat audience

faithiu11
30th October 2014, 06:50 AM
Good movie is really doing well...hope it continuous to do good for the next week as well...surely 100 crores on cards...this is really a big feet considering very low promotions..

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 07:31 AM
Good movie is really doing well...hope it continuous to do good for the next week as well...surely 100 crores on cards...this is really a big feet considering very low promotions..

Pookadaiku Vilambaran thevai illai!

Thalabathy padathuku promotion thevai illai!

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 07:38 AM
Kornerseat @Kornerseat · 9 hrs 9 hours ago
Due to overwhelming response for #Kaththi in Netherlands, today extra shows added which is huge considering it's 2nd week & it's week day.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th October 2014, 08:49 AM
A personal 'meet and greet' with Ilayathalapathy Vijay himself

Oct 28, 2014

Ilayathalapathy Vijay personally met the members of the film press in Chennai today evening at a prominent star hotel, to quietly celebrate the massive success of his latest release, Kaththi. He personally welcomed all, shook hands, posed for photos and had a brief word with all of them.

Vijay looked as youthful and fit as ever, sporting a casual T shirt which said 'Real', a matching jean and a reading glass. After spending some time with the press, the star waved hands and left. It was a memorable occasion indeed for the select gathering.

The night was capped by a grand buffet dinner. The meet was also attended by Vijay's personal staff and some leading distributors associated with the film.

Behindwoods

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th October 2014, 08:52 AM
Waiting for the Official OST from Anirudh !!!

ajaybaskar
30th October 2014, 10:27 AM
"@pudiharicharan: #Kaththi is inching towards 100 cr club. 82 crore worldwide till Wednesday. Looks like a hat-trick for ARM after #Thuppakki and #Holiday"

selvamohankumar
30th October 2014, 10:34 AM
Waiting for the Official OST from Anirudh !!!

OST na?

Russellmvr
30th October 2014, 10:46 AM
OST na?

Open Source Track

ajaybaskar
30th October 2014, 10:53 AM
Original Sound Track

uruzalari
30th October 2014, 11:00 AM
Open Source Track

Original Sound Track

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th October 2014, 11:03 AM
Ya... We had for Jilla !! Anirudh had done in Ethirneechal and 3. Hope he releases for our film too... When i listen it I can imagine the scenes running in my heads... Oru different experience !

For Vettaikaaran i had the whole film converted to Mp3 and was listening to it for months now & then for the fight scenes alone.... Vaadaaa still echoes in my mind sometimes !

ajaybaskar
30th October 2014, 11:13 AM
HJ released few tracks of Thuppakki.

balaajee
30th October 2014, 11:21 AM
HJ released few tracks of Thuppakki.

He did a fair job for Thuppaki...

elsaen11
30th October 2014, 11:35 AM
#Kaththi special shows for 2nd weekend in SPI Cinemas:
Sathyam (4 screens)+Escape (4 screens)+Luxe (5 screens)+S2 (P) (4 screens)+ S2 (T) (1 screen)

36 special shows in this weekend..

:smokesmirk:

balaajee
30th October 2014, 11:56 AM
VIKATAN REVIEW

திருடன் 'கத்தி’ பிடிக்கும் விஜய், குடிநீர்க் கொள்ளையைத் தடுக்க தலைவன் கத்தியை நீட்டினால்... என்ன ஆகும்?
இரட்டை வேட ஆள்மாறாட்டக் கதை. அதில், விவசாயத்தை அழிக்கும் கார்ப்பரேட் பின்னணி காட்டி, சமூக அக்கறை விதைத்திருக்கிறார்கள். 'மாஸ்’ ஹீரோவைக்கொண்டு 'கமர்ஷியல்’ கலாட்டாக்களுடன் நிதர்சன அரசியலையும் பேச முயற்சித்திருக்கிறார் இயக்குநர் முருகதாஸ்! கார்ப்பரேட் நிறுவனங்களின் அசுர அரசியல், அப்பாவி விவசாயிகளை நசுக்கும் கடன், மோசடி தொழிலதிபர்களைப் போஷிக்கும் வங்கிகள், ஊடகங்களின் அராஜகங்கள் என, பின்பாதி முழுக்க ஆவேசம்!
http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2014/11/zjblzt/images/p8.jpgண்ணா.... 'இளைய தளபதி’ங்ளாண்ணா இது?! '2ஜி-ன்னா என்ன..? வெறும் காத்துய்யா... அதுலேயே ஊழல் பண்ணின தேசம் இது!’, 'ஒருத்தன் 5,000 கோடி கடன் வாங்கிட்டு, திரும்பக் கட்ட முடியாதுனு சொல்வான். அவனை இந்த நாடு ஒண்ணும் பண்ணாது; ஆனா 5,000 ரூபாய் கடன் வாங்கின விவசாயி, பணத்தைக் கட்டலைனா அவனை தற்கொலை செய்யவெச்சிரும்!’ என ஆவேசத்துடன் நடப்பு அரசியல் பேசுகிறார். அட, இந்த மாதிரி எல்லாம் பேசி உங்களைப் பார்த்தது இல்லையே ப்ரோ!
'அழகா இருக்கிற சமந்தா, படத்தில் எங்கே இருக்காங்க?’ எனக் கும்பலில் தேடவெச்சுட்டீங்களே தாஸ¨! கோட் -சூட் அமுல் பேபி வில்லனாக நீல் நிதின் முகேஷ். வேலைக்கு ஆள் அனுப்புவதுபோல விஜய்யைக் காலி பண்ண ரௌடிகளை அனுப்பிக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறார்... அம்புட்டுத்தேன்.
சிறையின் ப்ளூபிரின்ட் பார்த்து விஜய் ஸ்கெட்ச் போடுவது, 'காயின்’ கேமில் ரௌடி கும்பலைச் சிதறடிப்பது, 'செத்த பிறகு எங்களுக்குத்தான் முதல்ல சொல்லணும்’ என்று ஊடக உள்குத்தை வெளிச்சம் போட்டுக் காண்பிப்பது என பின்பாதியின் ஒவ்வோர் அத்தியாயமும் அசத்தல். ஆனால், அதற்கு முன் காமாசோமாவெனக் கடக்கும் முன்பாதியைப் பொறுமையாகப் பொறுத்தருள முடியவில்லை முருகா! நீர்வளச் சுரண்டலை வார்த்தைப் புள்ளிவிவரங்களிலேயே கடந்திருக்க வேண்டுமா? ஒரு பாட்டில் கோலாவுக்காக நீர், மண், விவசாயம் போன்றவை சீரழிக்கப்படுவதை, பளீர் பொளேர் காட்சிகளாகப் பதிவுசெய்திருந்தால், இடைவேளையின்போது தியேட்டரின் கோலா விற்பனையிலேயே பாதிப்பு உண்டாக்கியிருக்குமே!
சென்னை மக்களைத் தவிக்கவைக்கும் திட்டங்கள் எல்லாம் ஜோர்தான். ஆனால், அந்தக் குழாய் ஆபரேஷன் செம காமெடி. மிகச் சில சீனியர் சிட்டிசன்கள் ஒரு பாட்டில் பெட்ரோலுடன் அரசு இயந்திரத்தையே இறுக்கி முறுக்குவது... மொக்க பிளான் முருகேசு. ஊடகங்களை விஜய் புரட்டியெடுக்க, 'கோலா விளம்பர ஃப்ளாஷ்பேக்’கைச் சொல்லி தியேட்டரிலேயே கலாய்க்கிறார்கள். http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2014/11/zjblzt/images/p8a.jpgஅம்மாம் பெரிய கம்யூனிச சித்தாந்தத்தை ஒரு இட்லியை வைத்து சொல்வதை... சட்னிகூட நம்பாது சாரே!
ஹீரோயிச பில்டப் பின்னணியில் மட்டும் மாஸ் காட்டுகிறது அனிருத்தின் பின்னணி இசை. பாடல்களில் 'செல்ஃபி புள்ள...’, 'பக்கம் வந்து...’ இரண்டும் ஹிட் மிக்ஸ். கிராம வறட்சி, கார்ப்பரேட் வளர்ச்சி, குழாய் கிளர்ச்சி என எந்த ஆங்கிளிலும் பளிச் ஸ்கோப் பிடிக்கிறது ஜார்ஜ் சி வில்லியம்ஸின் ஒளிப்பதிவு.
நிலத்தை, நீர் ஆதாரத்தை, விவசாயிகளைக் காக்க, புத்தியைத் தீட்டச் சொல்லுது 'கத்தி’!

- விகடன் விமர்சனக் குழு

CEDYBLUE
30th October 2014, 12:54 PM
So which film had the best takings per cinema at the Australian box office last weekend?

Not the Brad Pitt tank thriller Fury, which knocked Gone Girl off the top of the charts by taking $2.56 million but registered an unspectacular average of $7600 a cinema. Nor the best film in art houses, the America jazz drummer drama Whiplash, which took a disappointing $131,000 ($3500). Showing the rising popularity of Indian movies in Australian cinemas, it was the Hindi comedyHappy New Year (which took $380,000 for an average of $12,700) followed by the Tamil action drama Kaththi($107,000 for $11,900). That bodes well for the new breed of Australian films being made with Indian storylines, including UnIndian,Lionand An Indian Summer.

http://www.freenewspos.com/en/latest-news-article/d/969747/movie/lego-deal-nears-for-animal-logic-climate-change-hits-cinemas-and-charlie-39-s-country-39-s-oscar-chances

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 01:48 PM
Tamil actor Vijay’s ‘Kaththi’ inching towards Rs.100 crore mark

A.R. Murugadoss-directed Tamil actioner "Kaththi", which has raked in Rs.82 crore till Wednesday at the box-office worldwide, is now inching towards Rs.100 crore club. It is now the biggest hit in the language for the year. A.R. Murugadoss-directed Tamil actioner "Kaththi", which has raked in Rs.82 crore till Wednesday at the box-office worldwide, is now inching towards Rs.100 crore club. It is now the biggest hit in the language for the year.

A.R. Murugadoss-directed Tamil actioner “Kaththi“, which has raked in Rs.82 crore till Wednesday at the box-office worldwide, is now inching towards Rs.100 crore club. It is now the biggest hit in the language for the year.
The film released Oct 22.
“The film is unarguably the biggest Tamil blockbuster of the year. In its first week, it has collected a whopping Rs.82 crore at the ticket window. It should touch the Rs.100 crore mark by this weekend,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Rarely will you find a Tamil film minting over Rs.100 crore.
“It’s a rare feat because Tamil films don’t have pan India release, unlike Hindi films. Moreover, the tickets prices in Tamil Nadu have a cap. Keeping all this in mind, what ‘Kaththi‘ has achieved is truly phenomenal,” he said.
Other Tamil films that have collected over Rs.100 crore include Rajinikanth-starrer “Enthiran” and “Thuppakki”, which was also directed by Murugadoss.
Starring Vijay and Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead, the film addresses the plight of farmers, whose lands are being taken over by multinational companies.
If “Kaththi” manages to enter the Rs.100 crore club, it will be third time for Murugadoss in a row after “Thuppakki” and “Holiday”.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/entertainment-others/tamil-actor-vijays-kaththi-inching-towards-rs-100-crore-mark/

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 01:59 PM
KATHTHI WILL SURELY BREAK ALL THE COLLECTION RECORDS IN KERALA - SHIBU THAMEENS

Kaththi will surely break all the collection records in kerala - shibu thameens
Ilaiyathalapathy Vijay's Kaththi is running packed houses in Kerala and by first weekend the film grossed nearly six crores in Kerala. Now the film's distributor, Sibu has issued a press statement regarding Kaththi's success in Kerala which is as follows

"Our entire theatres and fans are extremely happy on the huge success of "KATHTHI" in Kerala . After the thronging of entire theatres by the huge fans, its now family and kids filling up during the weekends. Reviews from the audience and theatres confirms us that this film will continue for a long run at the screens. Sri. Vijay is always treated as their own brother by kids, boys, girls and also fans. In Kerala, they are in much awe and are in love with his outstanding performance.

Sri. Murugadoss has once again proved that he is one of the most talented directors in India. A special thanks to him !!!Kaththi will for sure break all the collection records in Kerala as well as in all the territories released .My Heart-felt Thanks for your continuous support and encouragement given to us and also to our movies".

Regards,

Shibu Thameens

http://www.cinemalead.com/news-id-kaththi-will-for-sure-break-all-the-collection-records-in-kerala-shibu-thameens-kaththi-30-10-146451.htm

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 02:16 PM
Vijay to knock the 100 crore club for the second time

Vijay’s ‘Kaththi’ is doing tremendous business all over the world, even in the second week and already garnered close to 75 crores in the first week. Since there are no major releases on this Firday, the movie is expected to cross the 100 crore mark by this weekend. ‘Kaththi’ has already made it to all time top 5 Tamil movies in the U.S.A box office and the makers are looking forward to see the result of the Telugu version. It is worth mentioning that Vijay had already broke into 100 crore club with ‘Thuppakki’ in 2012.

Meanwhile, a defamation case has been filed against Vijay, Murugadoss, and Lyca Production for the dialogues pointing at the 2G scam and the hearing will take place on November 11th.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/Vijay-To-K...il-news-117501

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 02:23 PM
Records being shown in malayalam news channel too!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1LpuG0CEAIEpTF.jpg

vinodh143
30th October 2014, 02:26 PM
g88 bro .. ..

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 02:39 PM
Kathithi "Selfie Pulla" song theater response in Saritha theatre, Kerala..:omg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBgtRDgirHg

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 03:16 PM
hah Rukh, Salman And Akshay Kumar In Run For KATHTHI Bollywood Remake!
raaga.com, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, October 30, 2014]

The Tamil movie KATHTHI starring Tamil Superstar Vijay and directed by AR Murugadoss, who directed Aamir Khan Starrer GHAJINI in Bollywood, is the new South movie that is being eyed by Bollywood filmmakers for its remake rights. Reports have it that Bollywood top stars Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are in race to garb the lead character essayed by Vijay in the original.

Listen to Vijay Dance Songs on Raaga.com

Despite tough competition from Shah Rukh Khan’s multi starrer HAPPY NEW YEAR, KATHTHI opened in South Cinema to packed houses last week. According to trade pundits the Vijay and Samantha starrer hit the bull’s eye on day one itself as the movie became the highest grosser as it collected Rs. 36 crore in just five days in Tamil Nadu, a record not matched by even superstars like Rajinikanth nor Kamal Haasan!

Besides India, KATHTHI has also set new trend at the box office collections in the International market! Reports revel that KATHTHI has grossed £40,000 during its opening days in the UK and by the end of the week, the movie collected a total of £222, 526. Thus making Vijay the numero uno star as KATHTHI suppressed the box office collection of south mega stars like Rajinikanth's SIVAJI and Ajith's ARRAMBAM. In fact Vijay has out beaten his own record as KATHTHI has broken record collection of his own movies like JILLA and THUPPAKI.

Listen to Vijay Songs on Raaga.com

KATHTHI is commercial potboiler with elements of action and a message exposing the corrupt system. Thus the movie is ideal for Bollywood too. Insiders from Bollywood claim the movie is apt for Salman Khan looking at his action image but some feel Akshay Kumar is ideal as he is at his peak.

What is most interesting is that Shah Rukh Khan, who till now has never shown any penchant for South remake is being wooed as filmmakers. Filmmakers believe that the movie will prove a gold mine if Shah Rukh Khan plays the lead because of his mass appeal and his star status will give a tremendous impetus to the film.

ajaybaskar
30th October 2014, 03:29 PM
"@uktamilbo: #Kaththi *8 Days* - £281,258 (2.76 cr). It has smashed Dasavaratham's record. It should beat Vishwaroopam by this week to enter ALL TIME #3."

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 03:37 PM
Dhinamalar

மலையாளத் திரையுலகை மிரட்டிய 'கத்தி' வசூல்...

மலையாளத் திரையுலகம் கடந்த சில வாரங்களாகவே கடுமையான சோதனையை சந்தித்து வருவதாகத் தெரிவிக்கிறார்கள். தொடர்ந்து மற்ற மொழிகளிலிருந்து வெளியாகும் படங்கள் கேரளாவில் உள்ள அனைத்து தியேட்டர்களையும் ஆக்கிரமித்துக் கொள்வதால் நேரடி மலையாளப் படங்கள் வெளியாவது சிக்கலாக உள்ளதாம். தமிழிலிருந்து 'கத்தி', ஹிந்தியிலிருந்து 'ஹேப்பி நியூ இயர்' ஆகிய படங்கள் கடந்த வாரம் முதல் பெரும்பாலான திரையரங்குகளில் வெளியாக கேரள ரசிகர்களின் வரவேற்புடன் இரண்டாவது வாரத்திலும் அடியெடுத்து வைத்துள்ளது.குறிப்பாக 'கத்தி' திரைப்படத்தின் வசூல் இதுவரை வெளியான நேரடி மலையாளப் படங்களையே மிஞ்சி விடும் என்கிறார்கள். படத்தின் வசூல் மட்டும் அவர்களை கவலையடைச் செய்யவில்லையாம். ஒரு தமிழ் நடிகருக்கு கேரளாவில் இந்த அளவிற்கு வரவேற்பு எப்படி ஏற்பட்டது என்பதை ஆச்சரியத்துடன் பேசி வருகிறார்களாம். 'கத்தி' படம் வெளியான தியேட்டர்களில் கட் அவுட்டுகள், பிரம்மாண்ட போஸ்டர்கள், ஆட்டம் பாட்டம் கொண்டாட்டம் என மலையாள சூப்பர் ஸ்டார்களான மம்முட்டி, மோகன்லாலுக்கு இணையான பேரும் புகழும் எப்படி வந்தது என்பதுதான் பேச்சாக இருக்கிறதாம். 'கத்தி' படத்தின் கதை கேரள ரசிகர்களுக்கு மிகவும் நெருக்கமான ஒரு உணர்வை ஏற்படுத்தி இருக்கிறது என்கிறார்கள்.
'கத்தி' கொண்டாட்டத்தில் ஒரு ரசிகர் மரணடைந்ததும், அதற்கு கேரளாவில் உள்ள மற்ற ரசிகர்களும், விஜய்யும் நிதி உதவி வழங்கியிருப்பதும் கூட அவர்களை ஆச்சரியப்படுத்தியுள்ளது என்கிறார்கள். விஜய்க்குக் கிடைத்துள்ள இந்த வரவேற்பு சில மலையாள நடிகர்களுக்கு எரிச்சலைக் கூட ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்கும் என்கிறார்கள். இனி வரும் காலங்களில் தமிழ்ப் படங்கள் வெளியாகும் அதே நாட்களில் கேரளாவிலும் வெளியாவதை மலையாளத் திரையுலகினில் தடுத்தாலும் ஆச்சரியமில்லை என்கிறார்கள். அடுத்து 'ஐ, லிங்கா, உத்தம வில்லன்' போன்ற படங்களின் வருகை மேலும் பாதிப்பை ஏற்படுத்தும் என்கிற அச்சமே இதற்குக் காரணமாம்...

Dammy R
30th October 2014, 03:48 PM
Wow...looks like records are being broken all over. Brilliant news this.

CEDYBLUE
30th October 2014, 04:45 PM
"@uktamilbo: #Kaththi *8 Days* - £281,258 (2.76 cr). It has smashed Dasavaratham's record. It should beat Vishwaroopam by this week to enter ALL TIME #3."

Ajay, these are the top 3 numbers. Endhiran in all markets seems to have even temporarily woken dead tamil people out of their grave to watch it on screen. Look at the numbers :shock:

Endhiran - £615,966
Sivaji - £391,653
Vishwaroopam - £308,350

CEDYBLUE
30th October 2014, 05:22 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com

Top 5 All-Time Australia

1)#Kaththi A$174,944
2)#Kochadaiiyaan A$154,000
3)#7amArivu A$151,029
4)#Singam2 A$128,630
5)#Anjaan A$124,185

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1S_zw35s0

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 05:54 PM
Ajay, these are the top 3 numbers. Endhiran in all markets seems to have even temporarily woken dead tamil people out of their grave to watch it on screen. Look at the numbers :shock:

Endhiran - £615,966
Sivaji - £391,653
Vishwaroopam - £308,350

Endhiran was watched by hindi,telugu,malayalam,karnataka and tamil audience.

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 06:50 PM
‘கத்தி’ படத்துக்கு கேரளாவில் சுமார் 200 தியேட்டர்கள் வரை முதல் 2 நாட்களுக்கு மட்டுமே கொடுப்பதாக இருந்தது. அதற்கு காரணம் அதே தீபாவளியையொட்டி ஷாருக்கானின் ‘ஹேப்பி நியூ இயர்’ படமும் ஜெயராமன் நடித்த ‘நங்களோட வீட்டிலே அதிதிகள்’ என்ற மலையாளப் படமும் ரிலீசாவதாக இருந்தது. இதனால் 2 நாள் கழித்தே கத்திக்கு கொடுக்கப்பட்ட தியேட்டர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை கணிசமாக குறைக்கப்படும் என்று அக்ரிமெண்ட் போடப்பட்டே ரிலீஸ் செய்யப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.
ஆனால் திட்டமிட்டபடி ‘ஹேப்பி நியூ இயர்’ படம் மட்டுமே ரிலீசானது. ஜெயராமின் படம் ரிலீசாகவில்லை. காரணம், கத்தி படத்துக்கு ரசிகர்கள் மத்தியில் நல்ல ரெஸ்பான்ஸ் இருப்பதாலும், வசூலும் எதிர்பார்த்த அளவுக்கு இருப்பதாலும் ஜெயராம் படத்தை 1 வாரத்துக்கு தள்ளி வைப்பது எனவும் அங்குள்ள வினியோகஸ்தர்கள் கூடி முடிவெடுத்து இருக்கிறார்கள்.
அதோடு இந்த விஷயம் நடிகர் ஜெயராம் காதுகளுக்கும் போக ”பரவாயில்லை, நம்மால விஜய் பட வசூல் பாதிக்க வேணாம்” என்று ஓ.கே சொல்லியிருக்கிறார். இதனால் ஜெயராம் படம் ரிலீஸ் தள்ளி வைக்கப்பட்ட எல்லா தியேட்டர்களிலும் இன்றுவரை ‘கத்தி’ படம் தான் ஓடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது. அதன்படி பார்த்தால் தொடர்ந்து ரெண்டாவது வாரமும் கத்தி கேரளாவில் 100க்கும் மேற்பட்ட தியேட்டர்களில் ஓடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது என்பது மட்டுமில்லாமல், வாங்கி வினியோகம் செய்தவருக்கும் எந்த நஷ்டமும் வராது என்பதே உண்மை.

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 07:10 PM
How A R Murugadoss had stolen Kaththi Story from me - Testimony of Struggling Director Gopi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epiG28XXBaQ&feature=youtu.be

Dammy R
30th October 2014, 07:17 PM
ARM and Kaththi team are gona file a defamation case against this Gopi guy.

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 07:20 PM
ARM and Kaththi team are gona file a defamation case against this Gopi guy.

A good action indeed.

interz
30th October 2014, 07:20 PM
New river in india, crybabies are crying out loud following the success of Kaththi. Lets do riverdance.

Dammy R
30th October 2014, 07:22 PM
New river in india, crybabies are crying out loud following the success of Kaththi. Lets do riverdance.

Before and after, both. This is becoming an unhealthy trend in Tamil film industry. Some serious steps need to be taken to curb this.

ajaybaskar
30th October 2014, 07:25 PM
This guy filed a case on ARM and the case has been dismissed by the court. And this is not the first time he is accusing someone to have stolen his story. If he allows that to happen, then only he is to be blamed. There are many teams which involve in discussions with many directors and the same idea, same scenes often get made in two or more different movies. That is why you have to get the rights for your story first before even discussing it with someone else. And if this Gopi doesn't know that procedure, only God can help him. Ignorantia juris non excusat.

Also, there is always another side of the coin.

ecureuhapis
30th October 2014, 07:28 PM
VIKATAN REVIEW

vikatan romba naala ippudi than reviews pandranunga...

[QUOTE]அட, இந்த மாதிரி எல்லாம் பேசி உங்களைப் பார்த்தது இல்லையே ப்ரோ!

ஏண்டா பர்தேசி , அவரே தலைவா-வை தவிர மத்த எந்த படத்துலயும் ப்ரோ-னு சொல்லி நடிக்கல, நீ எதுக்கு இப்ப அதயே புடிச்சு தொங்கிட்டு இருக்க?

அம்மாம் பெரிய கம்யூனிச சித்தாந்தத்தை ஒரு இட்லியை வைத்து சொல்வதை... சட்னிகூட நம்பாது சாரே!

கார்ல் மார்க்ஸ் வந்து சொன்னாலே இங்க ஒரு பய கேக்கமாட்டான். சராசரி ரசிகர்களுக்குப் புரியணும்னா இப்படித்தான் எளிய பாஷையில சொல்லணும்

Dammy R
30th October 2014, 07:29 PM
Yes Ajay. True that. If the movie had failed..he would have moved on to the next big script and project. Just cos it's a huge success...now he wants his share of fake fame...by trying to gain some sympathy. There is enough hunger within the media, some of who will cover this as BREAKING news ;-)

ajaybaskar
30th October 2014, 07:29 PM
Kosaksi,

Haha.. Post here often, dear. You are blessed with humor. :)

Russellpme
30th October 2014, 07:39 PM
Yes Ajay. True that. If the movie had failed..he would have moved on to the next big script and project. Just cos it's a huge success...now he wants his share of fake fame...by trying to gain some sympathy. There is enough hunger within the media, some of who will cover this as BREAKING news ;-)

Any publicity is good publicity for KATHTHI!

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 08:49 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NBeqACIAAdS4e.jpg

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 08:58 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NEyScCYAANL9k.jpg

ajaybaskar
30th October 2014, 08:58 PM
அடப்பாவிகளா... :)

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 09:00 PM
Rajasekar‏@sekartweets
According to trade analyst Trinath #Kaththi has grossed 82 crores in its first week, all set for the big 100 crore mark :)

Dammy R
30th October 2014, 09:02 PM
Silence is his weapon. He doesn't talk much...but his box office numbers speak loud and clear for themselves. Very much in line with his dialogue in Kaththi... he likes to show in action rather than talking. ;-)

faithiu11
30th October 2014, 09:05 PM
A.R. Murugadoss-directed Tamil actioner “Kaththi“, which has raked in Rs.82 crore till Wednesday at the box-office worldwide, is now inching towards Rs.100 crore club. It is now the biggest hit in the language for the year.
The film released Oct 22.
“The film is unarguably the biggest Tamil blockbuster of the year. In its first week, it has collected a whopping Rs.82 crore at the ticket window. It should touch the Rs.100 crore mark by this weekend,” trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Rarely will you find a Tamil film minting over Rs.100 crore.
“It’s a rare feat because Tamil films don’t have pan India release, unlike Hindi films. Moreover, the tickets prices in Tamil Nadu have a cap. Keeping all this in mind, what ‘Kaththi‘ has achieved is truly phenomenal,” he said.
Other Tamil films that have collected over Rs.100 crore include Rajinikanth-starrer “Enthiran” and “Thuppakki”, which was also directed by Murugadoss.
Starring Vijay and Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead, the film addresses the plight of farmers, whose lands are being taken over by multinational companies.
If “Kaththi” manages to enter the Rs.100 crore club, it will be third time for Murugadoss in a row after “Thuppakki” and “Holiday”.
- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/entertainment-others/tamil-actor-vijays-kaththi-inching-towards-rs-100-crore-mark/#sthash.4anxlVb5.Hk318Arf.dpuf

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 09:10 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1
Top 5 All-Time UK
1)#Endhiran £615,966
2)#Sivaji £391,653
3)#Vishwaroopam £303,350
4)#Kaththi £281,258
5)#Dasavaratham £254,388

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 09:16 PM
Malayalam magazine!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NJ2OLCEAEADEG.jpg

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 09:18 PM
We need malayalam to tamil translator when Vijay movie releases..:)

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 09:55 PM
Tomorrow ad!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NUA1uCcAAF_gC.jpg

SenGOEk
30th October 2014, 10:05 PM
FDFS celebration in Kerala!!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1NWcTZCEAE9IcL.jpg

CEDYBLUE
31st October 2014, 09:26 AM
Kaththi on a record breaking spree :)

It's now Endhiran, Kaththi and Thuppakki in the top 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pErDSszpwLc

CEDYBLUE
31st October 2014, 12:16 PM
Choppy waters for Serena as Fury storms UK box office

Brad Pitt’s second world war tank drama obliterates the competition, including Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper reunion and This Is Where I Leave You

The winner

Brad Pitt confirmed his enduring box-office power with a No 1 opening for Fury, grossing just under £2m over the three-day weekend period, plus £698,000 in previews. A relatively straightforward second world war film about a five-man US tank crew, Fury didn’t necessarily offer an irresistible must-see hook, nor is it based on a particular real-life event that might have helped win it extra attention. But on-balance positive reviews (a 64/100 score at Metacritic) plus publicity generated by Pitt’s red-carpet appearance at the London film festival will have helped.

Although different in tone, a comparison might be made with The Monuments Men, directed by and starring Pitt’s friend George Clooney. The starry art-rescue flick debuted earlier this year with £1.62m, on its way to £6.3m. With £2.69m already, Fury looks on course to exceed that total. Pitt’s biggest UK opening weekend to date was delivered last year by World War Z, with £4.54m. The zombie-virus film is Pitt’s biggest hit globally, with £334m at cinemas.

The losers

Given the long delay between filming (late spring 2012) and release, expectations were suitably modest for Serena, a Depression-era drama starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. Even so, a UK debut in lowly 19th place, with a dismal £95,000 from 185 screens, still qualifies as disappointing. Silver Linings Playbook, which likewise paired Cooper and Lawrence in lead roles, debuted in November 2012 with £1.25m, including £292,000 in previews. Just over a year later, the first weekend of wide play saw American Hustle (significant supporting parts for the actors) deliver £3.47m, including £1.11m in previews.

One lesson to be learned – or reinforced – from Serena is that it’s hard to market a period film without support from critics, especially if it’s not based on a familiar literary property or historical character. It’s fair to assume that Ron Rash’s novel is not so widely read in the UK, while the premise – the travails of two married North Carolina timber merchants in the 1930s – whispers minority appeal. Despite the presence of two marketable names in the lead roles, Serena suggested itself as a film that was always going to be highly execution-dependent, meaning director Susanne Bier had to deliver a fully achieved film to have any chance at all. It’s a risk that seems not to have paid off, at least for the film’s backers and distribution partners.

Landing three places above Serena, but with a screen average that’s actually a tad lower, This is Where I Leave You is a similar disappointment. The family dramedy is not short of recognizable names in the cast – notably Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Adam Driver, Rose Byrne – but lacked a major box-office star. The film grossed £109,000 from 222 cinemas.
The chick flick

Counter-programmed as an alternative to Fury’s wartime action, Love, Rosie, adapted from Cecelia Ahern’s Where Rainbows End, landed rather softly in ninth place, with £373,000 plus £110,000 in previews. That’s way, way down on the debut of PS I Love You, likewise adapted from an Ahern novel. That one began in January 2008 with £1.79m, on its way to a very handy £10.65m. The half-term holiday may see an uptick this week for Love, Rosie, although the 15 certificate would put it out of bounds to younger teens. The film currently enjoys a 7.5/10 IMDb user rating, suggesting that the audience has so far been largely satisfied. Rentrak’s UK box-office reports include takings in Ireland, where you’d expect Love, Rosie to be doing well – Ahern is a local author, and the book (if less certainly the geographically ambiguous film) is set largely in Dublin.

The family battle

With the October half-term holiday starting last Friday, it’s no surprise to see a number of family films scrapping in the top 10. Among new entries, animation The Book of Life did best, grossing a decent £981,000. Fox, which distributes internationally for DreamWorks Animation and has its own Blue Sky Studios (Ice Age etc), didn’t have the benefit of a recognisable animation brand for this title, instead trading on the cachet of producer Guillermo Del Toro.

Disney expanded its live-action family flick Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day to all parts of the UK, with middling results (see chart). Neither of these titles proved much of a match for Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, convincingly the top attraction for families in its second week of play, and now with a 12-day cume of £7.89m. The Maze Runner, tucked behind The Book of Life in fifth place, is chugging along nicely, and has now reached £5.86m.

The Bollywood hits

The Diwali festival is traditionally a good time to release a Hindi film, and Happy New Year, starring Shah Rukh Khan, delivered one of the best openings for a Bollywood film so far this year. With £568,000 from 100 cinemas, including £50,000 in previews, the action-comedy delivered an impressive screen average of £5,682. Within this market, Happy New Year has been eclipsed in 2014 only by Bang Bang, although that film’s £602,000 debut included a bigger proportion of previews, totaling just under £100,000.

Tamil title Kaththi, starring Vijay Chandrasekar, presented more serious subject matter, and also did well, achieving a £4,047 average (See “Other openers” chart).

The niche alternatives

With Fury, The Book of Life, Serena, This Is Where I Leave You and Love, Rosie landing collectively on more than 1,700 screens, and Disney’s Alexander… expanding to 450-plus locations, it was potentially tough for other fresh titles to be heard above the din. Going out into a more focused 147 cinemas, Aussie horror The Babadook did an encouraging £348,000, buoyed by warm reviews. The film may have done even better, had Annabelle not been proving so resilient in its third week of release (see chart below).

Polish hit Bogowie targeted the UK’s large Polish population, and grossed a handy £91,000 from 22 cinemas. The value of having an under-served and motivated audience can be seen in contrast to the result for Jimi: All Is By My Side, which took less than a third of the Bogowie tally (£24,000) from a similar number of cinemas (29).

In its second weekend of play, Northern Soul fell 66%, although that hefty drop is perhaps understandable given that the opening weekend was boosted by venues holding one-off showings, and many of these locations were not continuing to play the title. The film grossed £97,000 from 76 cinemas in its second frame, bringing the 10-day cume to a nifty £507,000. The similarly themed SoulBoy grossed £101,000 over its entire run in 2010, and Northern Soul has already achieved quintuple that number. One factor in the softening box-office may be the arrival last Monday of Northern Soul on DVD; the film is currently No 3 in the Amazon DVD and Blu-ray chart, behind Mrs Brown’s Boys D’Movie and Maleficent.

The 18-cert winner

With £17.06m to date, Gone Girl has recently overtaken the likes of Bruno, Django Unchained and Basic Instinct to win sixth place in the all-time UK chart for 18-certificate titles. It will very soon overtake fifth-placed The Silence of the Lambs (£17.12m), leaving it behind just The Wolf of Wall Street (£22.70m), Hannibal (£21.58m), American Beauty (£21.39m) and Seven (£19.52m).

The future

Horns

Daniel Radcliffe in Horns, which opens in the UK this week. Photograph: Allstar/LIONSGATE/Sportsphoto Ltd
Despite the profusion of new releases that arrived for the half-term holiday, no current title is really energising the market, and box office is down 15% from the previous frame and 12% below the equivalent session from 2013, when Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 ruled the roost. Thus ends the four-week run when box office ran ahead of the year-ago equivalent period. In two weeks’ time, Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar arrives. In the meantime, cinemas will have to content themselves this week with Jake Gyllenhaal in the justly regarded Nightcrawler; genre title Ouija; Daniel Radcliffe in Horns; and Mike Leigh’s much-anticipated Mr Turner.

Top 10 films 24-26 October

1. Fury, £2,692,786 from 462 sites (new)
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, £1,927,733 from 522 sites. Total: £7,890,052
3. Gone Girl, £1,597,962 from 526 sites. Total: £17,064,765
4. The Book of Life, £981,432 from 536 sites (new)
5. The Maze Runner, £905,314 from 445 sites. Total: £5,863,858
6. Annabelle, £749,621 from 401 sites. Total: £6,013,797
7. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, £571,581 from 453 sites. Total: £697,680
8. Happy New Year, £568,203 from 100 sites (new)
9. Love, Rosie, £482,535 from 379 sites (new)
10. The Babadook, £347,512 from 147 sites (new)

Other openers

Kaththi, £222,583 from 55 sites (including £79,895 previews)
This is Where I Leave You, £109,441 from 222 sites
Serena, £95,109 from 185 sites
Bogowie, £90,623 from 22 sites
Bolshoi Ballet: The Legend of Love, £61,968 from 175 sites
Jimi: All Is By My Side, £24,243 from 29 sites
The Snow Queen, £20,644 from 81 sites
My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks, £19,705 from 80 sites
Poojai, £8,584 from 4 sites
Time Is Illmatic, £11,989 from five sites
Night Train to Lisbon, £4,554 from four sites
The Way He Looks, £4,476 from seven sites
Zabriskie Point, £784 from two sites

balaajee
31st October 2014, 12:32 PM
‘கத்தி’ படத்தால் நிம்மதி இழந்த குமரி உடற்கல்வி ஆசிரியர் - hindu

`கத்தி’ திரைப்படத்தால் நிம்மதி இழந்து தவிக்கிறார் கன்னியா குமரி மாவட்டத்தைச் சேர்ந்த உடற்கல்வி ஆசிரியர் ஒருவர். தீபாவளி அன்று திரைக்கு வந்த, ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ் இயக்கத் தில் விஜய், சமந்தா நடிப்பில் வெளியான `கத்தி’ திரைப்படத்தில் ஒரு காட்சியில் நடிகை சமந்தா ஒரு அலைபேசி எண்ணை நடிகர் விஜய்யிடம் கூறுவார். அது ஒரு நகைச்சுவை காட்சியாக சித்தரிக் கப்பட்டிருக்கும்.
உண்மையில் அந்த அலைபேசி எண் கன்னியாகுமரி மாவட்டம், அருமனையை அடுத்த குழிச்சலை சேர்ந்த அரசு உதவி பெறும் பள்ளி உடற்கல்வி ஆசிரியர் ஜெகதீஷ் என்பவருடை யது. படம் வெளியான நாள் முதல் இன்று வரை ஆயிரக் கணக்கான அழைப்புகள் நடிகை சமந்தாவிடம் பேச வேண்டும், விஜய்யிடம் பேச வேண்டும் என வந்ததால் இப்போது மிகவும் தவித்து வருகிறார் ஜெகதீஷ்.
ஜெகதீஷின் எண்ணுக்கு நாம் தொடர்பு கொண்டபோது நமது அழைப்பு ஏற்கப்படவில்லை. அவரது சகோதரர் ஜெனீஷை தொடர்பு கொண்டோம். அவர் கூறியதாவது:
’ஜெகதீஷின் அலைபேசியை எடுத்ததுமே முருகதாஸா? விஜய் அண்ணாவா? சமந்தாவா என்றுதான் கேட்கிறார்கள். ரசிகர்கள் அது வெறும் காட்சிக் காக பதிவு செய்யப்பட்ட எண் என்பதையும் புரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.
நேற்று ஒரு மணி நேரத்தில் மட்டும் 156 அழைப்புகள் வந்தன. விஜய் ரசிகர்களால் என் சகோதரர் நிம்மதி இழந்துள்ளார்’ என்றார்.

Dammy R
31st October 2014, 12:43 PM
Cedy...that's the article from the UK weekly The Guardian...right? Amazing to see the reach of Kaththi.

Cheers!

CEDYBLUE
31st October 2014, 12:46 PM
Cedy...that's the article from the UK weekly The Guardian...right? Amazing to see the reach of Kaththi.

Cheers!

Yup Bro. Making Waves!

Hoping to see the estimated 2 Million numbers from the Malaysian BO, from official sources, soon.

VinodKumar's
31st October 2014, 01:38 PM
‘கத்தி’ படத்தால் நிம்மதி இழந்த குமரி உடற்கல்வி ஆசிரியர் - hindu

`கத்தி’ திரைப்படத்தால் நிம்மதி இழந்து தவிக்கிறார் கன்னியா குமரி மாவட்டத்தைச் சேர்ந்த உடற்கல்வி ஆசிரியர் ஒருவர். தீபாவளி அன்று திரைக்கு வந்த, ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ் இயக்கத் தில் விஜய், சமந்தா நடிப்பில் வெளியான `கத்தி’ திரைப்படத்தில் ஒரு காட்சியில் நடிகை சமந்தா ஒரு அலைபேசி எண்ணை நடிகர் விஜய்யிடம் கூறுவார். அது ஒரு நகைச்சுவை காட்சியாக சித்தரிக் கப்பட்டிருக்கும்.
உண்மையில் அந்த அலைபேசி எண் கன்னியாகுமரி மாவட்டம், அருமனையை அடுத்த குழிச்சலை சேர்ந்த அரசு உதவி பெறும் பள்ளி உடற்கல்வி ஆசிரியர் ஜெகதீஷ் என்பவருடை யது. படம் வெளியான நாள் முதல் இன்று வரை ஆயிரக் கணக்கான அழைப்புகள் நடிகை சமந்தாவிடம் பேச வேண்டும், விஜய்யிடம் பேச வேண்டும் என வந்ததால் இப்போது மிகவும் தவித்து வருகிறார் ஜெகதீஷ்.
ஜெகதீஷின் எண்ணுக்கு நாம் தொடர்பு கொண்டபோது நமது அழைப்பு ஏற்கப்படவில்லை. அவரது சகோதரர் ஜெனீஷை தொடர்பு கொண்டோம். அவர் கூறியதாவது:
’ஜெகதீஷின் அலைபேசியை எடுத்ததுமே முருகதாஸா? விஜய் அண்ணாவா? சமந்தாவா என்றுதான் கேட்கிறார்கள். ரசிகர்கள் அது வெறும் காட்சிக் காக பதிவு செய்யப்பட்ட எண் என்பதையும் புரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.
நேற்று ஒரு மணி நேரத்தில் மட்டும் 156 அழைப்புகள் வந்தன. விஜய் ரசிகர்களால் என் சகோதரர் நிம்மதி இழந்துள்ளார்’ என்றார்.

Movie team ensure that they use dummy details while using phone numbers or other sensitive data in the movie :twisted:. I have seen in some movies showing bank account number, passport number etc ..It would be good if cenosr board also takes care of these things.

BTW, Is this an article published in thatstamil. Title makes me to think like that :).

elsaen11
31st October 2014, 01:42 PM
Ilayathalapathy Vijay : Mass hero of Kollywood
awww.iluvcinema.in_tamil_wp_content_uploads_2014_1 0_Ilayathalapathy_Vijay_Mass_hero_of_Kollywood.jpg
Ilayathalapathy Vijay: Mass hero of Kollywood
Vijay who is popularly known as Ilayathalapathy was born on June 22 1974 in Chennai. He entered the Tamil film industry as a child artist with the film Vetri in the year 1984. He starred as a child artist in more than six films. He also starred in Telugu films. He has been part of the film industry for more than 20 years. He has portrayed various roles i.e. from child artist to romantic lead of the film industry today.
He is one of the mass heroes of Kollywood and he is also one who can romance, sing, dance and tickle a funny bone. Vijay debuted as a lead role actor in the 1992 film Naalaya Theerpu which was produced by his father.
He acted along with another big star Ajith in Rajavin Parvaiyile, Deva and Rasigan. He won Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Love Today and Once more. He has won several awards including Kalaimamani Award in 1998 and honorary doctorate. Vijay converted his fan clubs into welfare organizations and is involved in social-service activities through the clubs under the name Vijay Makkal Iyakkam.
Vijay appeared as Coca Cola’s brand ambassador in Tamil Nadu in the year 2002. He was signed up as the star ambassador for the Indian Premier League cricket team along with Nayantara in 2008. Vijay was signed by Jos Alukkas as their brand ambassador for Tamil Nadu and Kerala. He also signed for Tata Docomo who will be seen for the first time with Tata Docomo.
Vijay was listed 49 in Forbes India’s ‘Celebrity 100 List’ for the year 2013. Vijay won 25 awards for his performance in the films. Vijay has acted in fils such as Love Today, Once More, Thuppakki, Kushi, Friends, Badri, Nilaave Vaa, Kaththi, Selva, Coimbatore Mappillai, Vishnu, Chandralekha, Kuruvi, Pokkiri, Aadhi, Sivakasi, Sachein, Sukran, Nanban etc.
Vijay portrayed dual role for three times in his career. Vijay is a great fan of Superstar Rajinikanth. He says that no one can replace his place in cinema. He became popular after his first blockbuster ‘Poove Unakkaga’ in 1996. Vijay won the title of ‘Ilayathalapathy’ from his affectionate fans which means ‘Young General’. He married Sangeetha on August 25th 1999.
Vijay is currently the third most popular Indian actor of Tamil origin in the world after Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan.

balaajee
31st October 2014, 01:56 PM
movie team ensure that they use dummy details while using phone numbers or other sensitive data in the movie :twisted:. I have seen in some movies showing bank account number, passport number etc ..it would be good if cenosr board also takes care of these things.

Btw, is this an article published in thatstamil. Title makes me to think like that :).

hindu tamil

Russellpme
31st October 2014, 04:53 PM
KATHTHI DIALOGUES INSPIRED POSTERS

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/slideshow/kaththi-dialogues-inspired-posters/coca-cola-dialogue-fill-here.html

CEDYBLUE
31st October 2014, 04:56 PM
Glintcinemas

#Vijay Starrer #Kaththi 1st week gross Rs. 6.42 crore and share Rs. 3.54 crore at Karnataka.

CEDYBLUE
31st October 2014, 04:57 PM
Glintcinemas

#Vijay Starrer #Kaththi grossed 94.55 lakhs (A$174,944) on 9 screens in 8 days at Australia.

Russellpme
31st October 2014, 05:07 PM
'Kaththi' going strong in USA
IndiaGlitz [Friday, October 31, 2014]

Vijay starrer ‘Kaththi’ has spread its magic all over the globe. Making a fine impression at the box office, AR Murugadoss’s recent directorial has not only won hearts in India but also overseas.

For instance, according our latest reports, the film has made a successful run in first week in USA and is going strong in its second week. So for the fans who have not tasted the ‘Kaththi’ excitement yet can still enjoy the film at their favourite theatres – namely Cinemark, Carmike, Regal, Marcus, Movie City Edison, Roxy Seattle, Screens Columbus, Towne 3, Golf Glenn, Loehmann's, Navrang, Columbia Park, Tempe Arizona, Apple cinemas Boston, AMC pavilion Charlotte, Fun Asia Dallas and Houston etc... (Ticket price is $10 adults and $6 kids).

Meanwhile ‘Kaththi’ is gradually moving towards Rs.100 crore club.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/kaththi-Going-Strong-In-Usa-tamil-news-117618

karthikmba
31st October 2014, 05:25 PM
https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10678741_754423691260493_454450245966210787_n.jpg? oh=9c7e9137412bbcf454540bb38cc72970&oe=54E29F22

Russellpme
31st October 2014, 05:34 PM
Kaththi in mumbai!

http://epaper.screenindia.com/365882/Screen-/Oct-31-Nov-6#dual/12/2

CEDYBLUE
31st October 2014, 05:43 PM
Chathriyan, the same post with the Kaththi Text :). Hope you wouldn't mind.

http://www.imagesup.net/?di=0141475782316

Russellpme
31st October 2014, 05:51 PM
Removed

Russellpme
31st October 2014, 05:52 PM
Chathriyan, the same post with the Kaththi Text :). Hope you wouldn't mind.

http://www.imagesup.net/?di=0141475782316

No probs.