PDA

View Full Version : Ilayathalapathy Vijay 's New Mission with A.L Vijay - Thalaivaa

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

SenGOEk
11th August 2013, 05:27 PM
Actress Karthika Tweets : Saw Thalaiva..Vijay in high power mass!superb!watchout @gvprakash adorable special appearnce in Vanganna!!

SenGOEk
11th August 2013, 05:28 PM
khushbu Actress:Hope the issues,whatever they maybe,r solved n ‪#‎Thalaiavaa‬ releases soon...strength to the entire team..stay strong

SenGOEk
11th August 2013, 06:23 PM
AndhraBoxOffice.Com @AndhraBoxOffice
Karnataka #Thalaivaa is simply outstanding in its opening weekend. Mindblowing crowds every where.

Kumaran.P
11th August 2013, 07:02 PM
‘Thalaivaa’ is one of most anticipated movies of the year and with the delay in release the expectations are shooting up further.Though the film didn’t release in Tamil Nadu , we provided you the first on net review from Dubai. Now here is our official review of Vijay’s Thalaivaa….
Thalaivaa starts with Sathyaraj’s transformation from normal guy to ‘Anna’ and ends with Vijay’s transformation from Vishwa to Thalaivaa. Every hero wants to act in a God Father kind of film and now its Vijay’s turn in Thalaivaa. AL Vijay who is known for his classic films like Deiva Thirumagal and Madarasipattnam has maintained the class moments in most of the scenes in Thalaivaa. Though the movie reminds you Nayagan,Thevar Magan’s essence , director Vijay brought out the flavor as it is and we can feel the same magic again. (Some scenes in Nayagan and ThevarMagan were inspired from God Father).
Thalaivaa’s biggest strength is the casting. Yes, especially Vijay and Sathyaraj steals the show with their eminent screen presence. The combination scenes between the duo are the epic moments in the film.Sathyaraj as young ‘Anna’ and the aged don looks fabulous; his subtle and sharp dialogue deliveries are sheer class. Though Sathyaraj’s screen presence is limited, it is one ofhis memorable performances of this decade.
Similarly Vijay has come up with a million dollar performance; be it the energetic dancer, or the confused Vishwa in Mumbai or the subtle Thalaivaa he steals the show. The reaction of Vijay in the pre interval scene where Sathyaraj was trapped is fabulous and shows the potential actor inside Vijay.
Another major strength of the movie is Amala Paul, she looks so cute and her chemistry with Vijay is fantabulous. AL Vijay has given her a strong character and she fits it to the T, the dance portions with Vijay is something to be remembered for a long time. Santhanam’s comedy one liners are enjoyable and it helps the movie to move at a rapid pace in the first half. Ponvannan has a solid role and the other characters like Nasser,Suresh were adequate.
On the technical side Nirav Shah’s cinematography is at its best. He used two different color tones in the movie to differentiate Mumbai and Australian portions. The way Nirav’s angle on the characterization also makes the movie to appear better. GV Prakash’s songs are good and background score is okay.
The above all are the major advantages of Thalaivaa. Coming to the minus points , it’s the screenplay and pace in second half which tests the patience of us. Though AL Vijay should be appreciated for the first half of the movie, terrific twist at the interval block and the video tape sequences in the second half he also should be blamed for the lengthy second half.
Santhanam’s portions, the riot portions in Mumbai and another twenty minutes in the second half makes us to lose interest. AL Vijay should have followed wither class route or the mass route, the commercial compromises like including Santhanam’s comedy in the second half and incorporating a exaggerated ‘Thalapathy Thalapathy’ song looks dull. Abhimanyu’s characterization is dull that Vijay – Villain clash doesn’t evoke much interest .Event the climax looks so ordinary and the end look of Vijay is class.
Overall Thalaivaa has a breezy first half , classy acting by lead actors , some epic twists on one end and the dragging second half on the other end.
Verdict : A lengthy God Father Saga

http://cinemalead.com/moviereview-id-thalaivaa-movie-review-thalaivaa-review-thalaivaa-movie-review-thalaivaa-tamil-movie-review-review157.htm

arulraj
11th August 2013, 07:14 PM
Kolly Buzz @KollyBuzz
Ilayathalapathy ‪#‎Vijay‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/vijay)'s ‪#‎Thalaivaa‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/thalaivaa) running successfully in France and creating new record. All shows are housefull

Nadir Jaleel (milan) @nadirjaleel
Thalaivaa all shows are ‪#‎HouseFull‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/housefull) since the release in ‪#‎Qatar‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/qatar) , massive crowd. Even today all shows are Sold out.

Sreedhar Pillai @sri50
Thalaivaa is having terrific collections Kerala & Karnataka though it carries average reports. Still no official word about its TN release

taran adarsh @taran_adarsh5h
Tamil film Thalaivaa has taken a super start in UK. Thu previews till Sat total: £ 82,506 [Rs 77.88 lacs]. Excellent!

taran adarsh @taran_adarsh5h
Tamil film Thalaivaa has embarked on an impressive start in USA too.

All arealayum Thalaivan Ghilli da

arulraj
11th August 2013, 07:17 PM
Vijay fans curb Thalaivaa DVD sellersAug 11, 2013
Amidst the tension being created because of the delay in the release of Thalaivaa, there has been sale of pirated DVDs of the movie which adds to the pressure.

On this account, Vijay had expressed his gratitude to his fans and the policemen in the Salem district, who managed to curb a set of people who were selling pirated DVDs of the movie.

“Creating and selling private DVDs is against the law. I request my fans to let the police know, in case they come across such happenings.

Our Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha has been ruling the government efficiently. She has brought in various good plans for the healthy running of the state. I like the way she has been managing the affairs of the state. She will soon intervene in the release of Thalaivaa as well and bring us an appropriate resolution to this. I request my dear fans to be patient till then.”

aceqoxim
11th August 2013, 09:00 PM
Finally got tickets at Cineworld. :) Can't wait to see Vj darling on screen. :drooling:

Mukzi
11th August 2013, 09:50 PM
Looks like Amma wanted those bolded points to be included.Man she is such an Arm Twister

smaiitm
11th August 2013, 10:05 PM
Saw it in Trivandrum with my friend and her kids. The kids classmates were also in attendance, malayalam and tamil. The kids had a great time and loved the movie. Even my friend, not really a Vijay fan enjoyed the movie.

joe
11th August 2013, 10:22 PM
வாழ்க அம்மா ! போன ஆட்சியா இருந்தா உதார் விடலாம் .. இப்போ பொத்திகிட்டு இப்படித் தான் அறிக்கை விட முடியும்

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1157745_565064826863736_399325361_n.jpg

GSV
11th August 2013, 10:36 PM
Finally watched it..

Enjoyed the movie.. Vijay.. Powerful,Intense and his body language is remarkable :smokesmirk: Loved this vijay.. Sathyaraj and Santhanam :clap: Amala.. nalla irukaa but not fit for some scenes.. Fights sequences were really good and songs picturisation too.. Though It is not a usual commercial film with fact paced screenplay, Entertainment guaranteed.

Thalaiva.. Sure it is 5th in a row for Vijay :thumbsup:

interz
11th August 2013, 10:47 PM
Thalaivaa - Not leading the right way

I had huge expectations for the movie but I am very dissapointed with the movie. Director Al Vijay tried to make a movie that might have worked big time in Telugu. I can see Jr NTR in lead instead of Vijay, Ileana instead of Amala Paul. Bramanantham instead of Santhanam. Nagababu (Chiranjeevis relative) instead of Sathyaraj and Sonu Sood instead of main Villain.

Positive things abt the movie is Vijay´s acting, it has really improved after Kaavalan. Amala Paul is another delight, she looks like a good pair to Vijay and dubbed with her own voice whis doesnt sound bad at all. Some senior artists need to learn from Sathyaraj, he is getting better and better move by movie. Villain not bad either. I belive Santhanam was in 2nd half just to appear in the song Vanganna Vanakkanganna, but santhanam didnt dissapoint with his witty one liners as most of the times esp in 1st half. I didnt find any controversial scenes in the movie, censors must have been paid under the table to not give it clean U.

Major minus for the movie is the length, it seriously needs to be trimmed atleast 20 mins. Editor what were you thinking? Songs werent utilized well either, but I liked the dance in Tamil Pasanga.

Unfortunately the Vijay-Vijay combo didnt click well for me, but I hope others will enjoy the movie and make it a profitable movie.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th August 2013, 10:50 PM
@Interz U mean the film is now certified as U/A ??

GSV
11th August 2013, 10:56 PM
Joe,
Could easily see who is the reason behind these things.
Producer and distributors requested Vijay to release the above statement.. Vijay could have done this before to release the movie on 8th but he didn't. Pressure from producer council, disributor and manrams too. Hence the statement

interz
11th August 2013, 11:07 PM
Due to the occurance of english words in the movie, and excessive violence which would affect women and children according to commercial taxes department review committee officials no tax excemption for Thalaivaa.

Whats the use of making a movie if u have committees and censors to tell you how to make a movie, everything has to be politically correct to not hurt the sentiments of certain ppl (with influence of course)

Scotthvm
11th August 2013, 11:11 PM
all are saying 2nd half is lengthy if it is trimmerd means everyone like the movie,apo inum tn release agala,so trim panitu release panalam,iam also waiting to see the movie,in my area telugu released but iam waiting to see tamil version

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th August 2013, 11:11 PM
Oh !! They had postponed the censors so many time to get that U & now all seems to be in vain :( :( :(

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th August 2013, 11:13 PM
Yes. Many leading Industry Trackers & other fans said 20 minutes trimming will do in 2nd half. Lets see !

aceqoxim
12th August 2013, 07:00 AM
Just came back home from the movie. Im still jolling. Will write a detailed review later.

krajkumard123
12th August 2013, 08:23 AM
Saw the movie last night, enjoyed the movie completely both first half and second half except for the thalapathy song which i felt so amateur and the maharastra locals protest episode, the movie has its moment in the second half and loved the climax fight esp the BGM......Overall the movie is a very good entertainer for vijay fans and the neutrals may find it a little dragged but nothing to complain though.......santhanam has to be really credited for the lighter moments, santhanam chemistry with Vijay in this movie is the best considering all santhanam movies in the past both should definitely consider doing a fully length comedy movie, Amala paul is good, Sathyaraj is too serious.....overall my rating is 3.75/5

Cinemarasigan
12th August 2013, 10:41 AM
ஆட்சியாளர்கள் கெடுபிடி செய்ததால் அன்று ரஜினி வேண்டுமானால் அடங்கி போகலாம் என் மகன் விஜய் அடங்கமாட்டான் என்று விஜயின் தந்தை இயக்குனர் சந்திரசேகர் எங்கேயோ கூறியதை சமுத்துவமக்கள் கட்சியின் தலைவர் சரத்குமார் அவர்கள் அதிமுக தலைமைக்கு போட்டு கொடுத்ததே இப்போது தலைவா தடுமாறுவதற்கு காரணமாம் .......பத்த வெச்சிட்டான் பரட்ட
தமிழ் நாட்டில் இருக்கும் எல்லோரும் இந்த அம்மாவுக்கு அடங்கி இருந்தால் தான் பொழப்பு நடத்த முடியும் போல இருக்கு...இவங்கள எதிர்த்து ஒரு அறிக்கை விடறதுக்கு கூட எல்லாரும் பயப்படறாங்களே.. இது ஜனநாயக ஆட்சியா இல்லை சர்வாதிகார ஆட்சியா?
அடுத்து வரும் தேர்தலுக்குள் எவ்வளவு முடியுமோ அவ்வளவு ஆடிக்கலாம்-ன்னு முடிவு பண்ணிட்டாக போல இருக்கு...

BM
12th August 2013, 11:52 AM
"This Soon"???

I was talking about facing problem to release his movie.

4 commercially successful movies

Nanban was not a profitable venture, was it.

http://www.sify.com/movies/2012-top-grossers-at-the-box-office-news-tamil-mmymFPgigch.html
Nanban,which is said to have made Rs 28.5 Cr from theatricals, but was made on a budget of Rs 55 Cr.

http://www.sify.com/movies/tamil-cinema-2012-half-yearly-report-jan-1-june-30-news-tamil-mhhsLzccaaa.html

http://i43.tinypic.com/wjvwcy.jpg

Director Shankar, bollywood’s top grossed script and tax exemption (note original 3I was U/A rated. With additional belly dance item song nanban got U and tax exemption). Having all these advantages in hand and ended up with just a break even. It is a flop – on moral(?) grounds. But all I am seeing is success meet and announcing enthiran record has been broken, 100 day poster, 100th day function, fans claiming it has blockbuster.

Kaavalan also was average at box office, wasn’t it. During that pongal race between Siruthai, Adukalam and Kavalan, kavalan got the last spot. That too it was screened without MG basis due to 6 continuous disasters, killed many theatre owners, distributors in the process and received red card from theatre owners (which no actor can achieve even in their dream). As usual all I can see is 100 day poster and fans claiming it has blockbuster.

http://www.sify.com/movies/top-10-tamil-grossers-of-2011-news-tamil-lm3mOLjjccd.html

Crucially, as a matter of fact, Thalaivaa's verdict in TN is not yet out

My god, I did not know that. Advance wishes to vijay for 100th day poster and function.

and hence cannot be quite compared to some colossal failures in Tamil Cinema in the recent past.

Of course it cannot be compared. Though those colossal failures were grossed much higher than the recent past back to back blockbusters in tamil cinema.

Vizhupuram marathon, i don't understand how that could be counted into box office calculations/movie reviews.

You don’t understand because I was not talking about that from bo calculation/ reviews pov alone. I mentioned those few incidents with ect to say there were so many exciting/entertaining news for me to post in many threads, still it was my choice to post or not, what to post, whom to reply, which post/profile to ignore, like all others. So I do not appreciate anyone to say “I didn’t find your post in that thread, post at some other threads..” kind of talks.

BM
12th August 2013, 12:00 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/producers-noncommittal-on-thalaivaa-release-date/article5011377.ece

Producers non-committal on Thalaivaa release date

The producers of Vijay starrer ‘Thalaivaa’ on Saturday said the film would be released “as soon as possible”.

Sunil Chandraprakash Jain of Mishri Film Productions, which produced the film, told The Hindu on Saturday night that the details were still being worked out for the release of the film. He was unwilling to commit on a probable date.

The State DGP has categorically stated that the police had not sought any postponement of the film’s release. “Any delay or deferment is not at the instance of the police,” the DGP K.Ramanujam said in a press statement. “The decision to release and the date of release are within the domain of the film industry.”

Though the film’s producers and distributors have not gone on record on the reason why the film did not release in Tamil Nadu alone, whereas it is being screened in other parts of the country, industry circles were abuzz that re-negotiations were going on between the producers and exhibitors since the government on Thursday refused to grant entertainment tax exemption for the movie.

The entertainment tax accounted for 30 per cent of the admission rates at theatres, and this had a ripple effect across the distributor-exhibitor network and hence the need to re-negotiate, an industry insider said, on condition of anonymity.

Denial of exemption by a review committee formed by the Commercial Taxes department seems to be very rare.

A cursory review of the panel’s orders, as seen on the department’s websitewww.tnvat.gov.in, shows that tax exemption were granted to most of the films submitted. The last time an application was rejected before ‘Thalaivaa’ was for a relatively unknown film titled ‘Paakanum Pola Irruku’ in March.

The film’s delay is forcing some of the actor’s hardcore fans to move to neighbouring states of Kerala and Karnataka to catch the movie, where it has released on Friday.

BM
12th August 2013, 12:02 PM
SIMoviesUSA ‏@SIMoviesUSA
#Thalaivaa won't break any records in USA.Sat coll was on par with Fri. It should have doubled to be super hit.Won't be a profitable venture

Sat collection dropped from Fri which is not healthy trend

otedoric
12th August 2013, 12:14 PM
:lol:

Only winners are eligible to make fun and poke others, if they wish....

Others dont have that right logically unless they are so desperate....

Better Luck Next Time...

ajaybaskar
12th August 2013, 12:28 PM
BM,

I didnt want to reply to your posts as I have a respect for some Ajith fans, which also includes you and I thought it was some kinda retaliation from your side towards some Vijay fan's action during B2 release.

Kavalan, was not a huge Box office success, like a Thuppakki. But still it ended a disastrous run for Vijay. And it also was a break-even considering the shoestring budget. Even the internet pandits who used to ridicule the Vijay brand masalas, appreciated his performance in the film and that paved way for many big directors to think of casting Vijay in their films. FYI, Maniratnam was impressed seeing Kavalan and he wanted Vijay to play the lead in Ponniyin Selvan, which was eventually shelved for more than one reason.

In spite of the biggest names in TN, 7A ended up with almost the same numbers with Vela. Here, again the selling point was only Vijay. And Vela is not even an above average film, storywise. Vijay, in an ordinary masala entertainer guarantees the producer's investment is returned. Aascar Ravi has got Vijay's call sheet for a late 2014 movie already.

Nanban, was made around a budget of 50+ crores, with bulk of it going towards Vijay and Shankar's bank accounts. Let us assume the film netted only 28 C from theatricals (which I am not sure because the film had a houseful run in TN for a month). But still we'l stick to the 28C. Satellite rights, Telugu revenue and other revenues from sponsors like Dokomo shud easily go past the 50 C mark, which means it has atleast broke even. And the same sify and other reports included Nanban in the hits of the year while the film which amassed 40 C didn't feature in the list. And the film's budget would've been much lesser as the only big name was Ajith and to some extent U1. May be they forgot. If you find any report which calls B2 a hit, you are welcome to share.

Its not about proving who's big here. Everyone has an USP. If Ajith has opening as his forte, Vijay has a decent opening which is spread across countries with Tamil speaking population. Eg: Check the Malay,UK,US BO top ten grossers. All will have Vijay films.

Scotthvm
12th August 2013, 12:41 PM
after sura,vijay on back to the hit track ie kavalan,velayutham,nanban,thuppaki,thalaivaa-mixed response,if it released in tn with triming it will be hit talk,but till now no one said movie is not good but all are saying lengthy second half it will be trimmed

aceqoxim
12th August 2013, 12:42 PM
Booked 4.40 show at Staples corner. Arrived only at 5.45 due to the football crowd in Wembley. I was so upset, but the bloke at the counter was an angel and rebooked our tickets for the 8.30 show. Cheesy smile on face, we spent an hour at the nearby shopping center. On my friend's insistence we left our dinner at the Mexican restaurant early and walked into cineworld. Bless her, because the line at screen 1 was already a mile long at 8. By half 8, the line was so long I was sure there wasn't going to be enough seats to fit everyone in. I have honestly never seen such a crowd for a tamil movie before. The Chennai express crowd was giving us strange looks. (Tell me again why bollywood movies get more screens when it's obvious tamil movies are as much as in demand) My friend who had insisted we left early to be at the screen is actually an English girl. She is a bigger Vj fan girl than the rest of us. So half an hour later, listening to her telling us off for being idiots and how she was a saviour of sorts to get us good seats, they opened the doors. Believe me when I say it was full house within minutes. I hadn't expected that for a Sunday late night show. Luckily for us we found good seats right smack in the middle and excitedly waited for the movie to start. Another group of girls were sat by us.

Yelling 'finally' after another painful 30 mins of hindi ads and trailers, we were ready to see Vj on screen. No such luck for us. We have the background story and Satyaraj's introduction for the first ten minutes. I wanted to cheer for Satyaraj, but barely controlled myself because no one else did. I assumed I was watching the movie with classy audience. Boy was I wrong. Vj's introduction on screen. I honestly thought I was in a chennai theater. That's probably the loudest cheer I've ever witnessed for any actor. If I thought my group of friends were bad, the girls next to us were worse. They kept hooting and cheering well into the first song.

The first song- if anyone told me there is a better dancer than this lad I'd laugh at them. If this dance was stylish and full of energy, yaar indha is full of grace and elegance and ecstasy of dance is so graceful on screen you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off screen.

Oh well, now I'm completely far off from what I came to post here, the movie review. The first half is so light hearted that I did wonder if it was a chick flick for a moment. Santhanam's one liners were actually funny for a change.

Amala Paul was okay. She did look good with Vj on screen and emoted well in the romantic scenes. Yaar indha saalai oram works just for their chemistry. I still think nayan or anushka would have been a better choice, but hey I'm not the director, so whatever.

I had avoided all spoilers and I was glad I didn't because the pre interval was full of shock value and amazing. I took a bow to Sathyaraj. His eyes spoke so many things while leaving his son behind, shattered.

Even if you aren't a fan of Vj all you'd want is to cuddle him and care for him in the pre interval sequence. He played the helpess young guy role so well. The tears of the older women sat in front of us was proof enough how well that sequence worked.

Completely satisfied with first half, we quickly rushed to the loo, got some napkins for our mate who was still in tears and waited for the second half to begin. It began with the slow transition of Vj from a depressed and innocent young man into a leader. Brownies to ALV for not rushing into it. This is where the movie slows down almost to a snail pace with Thalapathy song and more info about whatshisname villain.

Thank god it picks up pace again with the cat and mouse game between the two men (not as intelligent as Thuppakki but good enough).

Amala paul has limited scope in second half and I wasn't complaining. :) I heard a lot of comments in theater about the second heroine looking much more gorgeous than the first, but ALV turned out to be the bigger villain for finishing off her character. If only they could trim 20 minutes the movie would be as racy as thuppakki. I wasn't complaining again, because more minutes means more Vj on screen.

Despite the slow pace I preferred the second half to first. It's hard to explain why, you would understand when you watch the movie. ALV did okay this time. It wasn't an average fare but it wasn't a pathbreaking story either.

What makes the film work or precisely who makes the film work is Vj. And Sathyaraj. Nobody would believe that this is the same guy who acted in Sivakasi. The absolute adorableness he oozes in the first half and the grace and manliness with which he sizzles on screen in second half, it was Vj's show all the way. I know I'm going to sound shallow saying this but harrypotter on a flying stick he looked so fit in that climax fight I was just hoping the vest would tear off his body. I was jolling left right and center. :) I wasn't the only one judging by the wolfwhistles thrown his way from the girls sat by us. He sure is earning more female fanbase these days. He just looked so tall, lanky and handsome and I was of the opinion that a mush wouldn't suit him. I'll stop here with my fangirling :) because I'm going off track again and writing Vj review instead of Thalaivaa review.

Cut to climax and the sequence after that, everyone stood up and actually clapped. I watched Nanban first day first show and even then I didn't witness something like this. Forget all those reviews floating online. Judging by the thundering applause I heard at the end of the movie from the mostly family audience , write it down as a 5th BB for Vj.

CEDYBLUE
12th August 2013, 12:51 PM
Nanban was not a profitable venture, was it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/wjvwcy.jpg

I am not too keen on discussing the performances of past movies here. Since you mentioned that your services here in the Thalaivaa thread was in response to old times, how you have waited long enough and strongly believe your time has come, I have no other choice but to respond to your post with comparative data/figures of some past movies.

Let’s begin from the biggest source (arguable, the greatest source in tamil circles) - ‘Sunilidam Kalungal’ – Before talking about Sunil Gavaskar, I would like to bring to your notice the response from Radhikaa, when a fan quizzed her about Mankatha’s overall collections, that’s right….total collections. Nothing more. Nothing Less.

Though she cannot quite to compared to Sunil in terms of accuracy/legacy, she is definitely quite authentic having been involved in Mankatha’s business.

Mankatha, which was supposed to be Ajith’s biggest hit of his career made 45 crores. To me, the fan’s question was quite clear…….it was only about Mankatha’s total collections and Radhika’s response was also crystal clear. Beyond doubt. Nothing right/left to debate. Period.

I am not even going to compare this with Vijay’s best. Thuppakki, leaving aside all speculations, were confirmed by more than one person in the Industry, to have made it into the top 3 of all time Tamil Blockbusters (Post Viswaroopam, it should be in Top 4). I am not going to put any Crore value here.

But, it has also been widely reported in the media how even Surya’s mediocre/flop movies such as 7 AM Arivu and Maatran made more than 50 crores and how the less experienced Karthi’s less-emphatic Saguni had caught a big star’s movie napping. I am not going to post any links from Sunil Gavaskar or from Sify. I am sure, you are aware of those things.

45……>100 …………..50 …………Saguni -------------Enough inferences already.

I was talking about facing problem to release his movie.

Still don't understand how this makes sense. Care to elaborate?

My god, I did not know that. Advance wishes to vijay for 100th day poster and function.

Really hope that no fan queries Chandraprakash Jain about it on the 100th day and he replies that there is no 100 day run to make a poster :). That would be painful. Black or white, it is always better to know the fate early.

Of course it cannot be compared. Though those colossal failures were grossed much higher than the recent past back to back blockbusters in tamil cinema.

I think, Saguni takes care of this.

You don’t understand because I was not talking about that from bo calculation/ reviews pov alone. I mentioned those few incidents with ect to say there were so many exciting/entertaining news for me to post in many threads, still it was my choice to post or not, what to post, whom to reply, which post/profile to ignore, like all others. So I do not appreciate anyone to say “I didn’t find your post in that thread, post at some other threads..” kind of talks.

I am not really a fan of using etc/ect. I think it is one of the most abused/cleverly used terms in the social world. People list something which doesn’t usually qualify to be a list and to make it look like a list, use etc/ect……listless.

Back to your post though.

Perfectly entitled to post anything/anywhere and nobody was complaining and I for certain wasn’t. Did I?
It was a simple comparison and not a complaint. Everyone is entitled to do that, I believe.

Dammy R
12th August 2013, 12:58 PM
I think it's a bit too early to predict Thalaivas outcome. The same SIMovies has tweeted later clarifying that it won't be a FLOP. So its a bit unfair to use selected tweets and post here just to pull Vijay down. I watched it with family on Saturday and all shows were housefull....even yesterday we went to watch an English movie and all movie tickets were available at the counter except thalaiva. Just like we all criticize some actors for declaring their films as hit in 1 or 2 days....we really cannot ascertain whether thalaiva will be a break even, loss or profit making venture in just a couple of days...especially when the movie hasn't released in TN yet. Vijay has been facing issues releasing his films more often than not...some people may not like Vijay but please bear in mind..this can happen to your fav actor as well..and to celebrate someone else's agony is not good.

As for the movie..yes some people do feel that the length could be trimmed..but no one has said the movie is bad. Even the unfavorable revie2s have praised Vijay to the hilt and admitted that he holds the movie together. Vijay no longer is a "fans only" actor post Kaavalan, which is why his average movies also get repeat audience.

Anyway..I just hope and wish the movie gets a decent release in TN soon.

CEDYBLUE
12th August 2013, 01:05 PM
Booked 4.40 show at Staples corner. Arrived only at 5.45 due to the football crowd in Wembley. I was so upset, but the bloke at the counter was an angel and rebooked our tickets for the 8.30 show. Cheesy smile on face, we spent an hour at the nearby shopping center. On my friend's insistence we left our dinner at the Mexican restaurant early and walked into cineworld. Bless her, because the line at screen 1 was already a mile long at 8. By half 8, the line was so long I was sure there wasn't going to be enough seats to fit everyone in. I have honestly never seen such a crowd for a tamil movie before. The Chennai express crowd was giving us strange looks. (Tell me again why bollywood movies get more screens when it's obvious tamil movies are as much as in demand) My friend who had insisted we left early to be at the screen is actually an English girl. She is a bigger Vj fan girl than the rest of us. So half an hour later, listening to her telling us off for being idiots and how she was a saviour of sorts to get us good seats, they opened the doors. Believe me when I say it was full house within minutes. I hadn't expected that for a Sunday late night show. Luckily for us we found good seats right smack in the middle and excitedly waited for the movie to start. Another group of girls were sat by us.

Yelling 'finally' after another painful 30 mins of hindi ads and trailers, we were ready to see Vj on screen. No such luck for us. We have the background story and Satyaraj's introduction for the first ten minutes. I wanted to cheer for Satyaraj, but barely controlled myself because no one else did. I assumed I was watching the movie with classy audience. Boy was I wrong. Vj's introduction on screen. I honestly thought I was in a chennai theater. That's probably the loudest cheer I've ever witnessed for any actor. If I thought my group of friends were bad, the girls next to us were worse. They kept hooting and cheering well into the first song.

The first song- if anyone told me there is a better dancer than this lad I'd laugh at them. If this dance was stylish and full of energy, yaar indha is full of grace and elegance and ecstasy of dance is so graceful on screen you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off screen.

Oh well, now I'm completely far off from what I came to post here, the movie review. The first half is so light hearted that I did wonder if it was a chick flick for a moment. Santhanam's one liners were actually funny for a change.

Amala Paul was okay. She did look good with Vj on screen and emoted well in the romantic scenes. Yaar indha saalai oram works just for their chemistry. I still think nayan or anushka would have been a better choice, but hey I'm not the director, so whatever.

I had avoided all spoilers and I was glad I didn't because the pre interval was full of shock value and amazing. I took a bow to Sathyaraj. His eyes spoke so many things while leaving his son behind, shattered.

Even if you aren't a fan of Vj all you'd want is to cuddle him and care for him in the pre interval sequence. He played the helpess young guy role so well. The tears of the older women sat in front of us was proof enough how well that sequence worked.

Completely satisfied with first half, we quickly rushed to the loo, got some napkins for our mate who was still in tears and waited for the second half to begin. It began with the slow transition of Vj from a depressed and innocent young man into a leader. Brownies to ALV for not rushing into it. This is where the movie slows down almost to a snail pace with Thalapathy song and more info about whatshisname villain.

Thank god it picks up pace again with the cat and mouse game between the two men (not as intelligent as Thuppakki but good enough).

Amala paul has limited scope in second half and I wasn't complaining. :) I heard a lot of comments in theater about the second heroine looking much more gorgeous than the first, but ALV turned out to be the bigger villain for finishing off her character. If only they could trim 20 minutes the movie would be as racy as thuppakki. I wasn't complaining again, because more minutes means more Vj on screen.

Despite the slow pace I preferred the second half to first. It's hard to explain why, you would understand when you watch the movie. ALV did okay this time. It wasn't an average fare but it wasn't a pathbreaking story either.

What makes the film work or precisely who makes the film work is Vj. And Sathyaraj. Nobody would believe that this is the same guy who acted in Sivakasi. The absolute adorableness he oozes in the first half and the grace and manliness with which he sizzles on screen in second half, it was Vj's show all the way. I know I'm going to sound shallow saying this but harrypotter on a flying stick he looked so fit in that climax fight I was just hoping the vest would tear off his body. I was jolling left right and center. :) I wasn't the only one judging by the wolfwhistles thrown his way from the girls sat by us. He sure is earning more female fanbase these days. He just looked so tall, lanky and handsome and I was of the opinion that a mush wouldn't suit him. I'll stop here with my fangirling :) because I'm going off track again and writing Vj review instead of Thalaivaa review.

Cut to climax and the sequence after that, everyone stood up and actually clapped. I watched Nanban first day first show and even then I didn't witness something like this. Forget all those reviews floating online. Judging by the thundering applause I heard at the end of the movie from the mostly family audience , write it down as a 5th BB for Vj.

:clap:

ajaybaskar
Dammy,

You posted ur review?

arulraj
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/999710_572446289468921_1211184737_n.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th August 2013, 01:28 PM
:lol:

Scotthvm
12th August 2013, 01:35 PM
i cant able to wait to see thalaivar movie thalaiva,epavum first day first show parpen,but this time it missed,even telugu version available irundhalum iam waiting to watch tamil version,epodhan release agum

GSV
12th August 2013, 01:43 PM
Startdust & Dammy :clap:

Dammy R
12th August 2013, 01:45 PM
Dammy,

You posted ur review?

No Ajay...I didn't. I thought I'd share my review after the movie releases in TN. But I just realised that some people have already decided the outcome of thalaiva. Lol.

Anyway...as for the movie...I won't say much. To me...this is one performance which will elevate Vijay to another level. If Kaavalan got people like Mani Ratnam to notice the potential in Vijay...this will just reiterate the fact that this guy is super talented. I didn't see Vijay as the hero with tremendous star power in this movie but I saw a different Vijay who has portrayed different shades of his character..be it the cool dude in the first half. ..or the post interval character with a confused state of mind and finally the transformed character as thalaiva. To me, this movie will earn him more respect as an actor and more fans. He has danced like a dream in tamil pasanga....the guy doesn't seem to age. ..In fact he is getting better. Loved the subtle expressions in yaar indha song. Yes the post interval portion does seem a bit slow in parts but I wasn't complaining cos this was a different Vijay I was seeing. Probably a trimming of 10mts may help when it releases in TN....and I am sure even the neutrals (unbiased ones) will appreciate Vijays performance.

Whatever is the box office fate.... as a Vijay fan... I am happy he did this movie to showcase his skills. When I watched it...people were clapping and hooting at almost every juncture in the movie..and I saw it in a multiplex with mostly family audience.

Dammy R
12th August 2013, 01:49 PM
My latest post was after Dammy' review post.. it is interchanged now.. Confused

Sorry buddy...I realized I hadn't addressed it to Ajay so edited it. :-)

GSV
12th August 2013, 01:50 PM
no probs.. Dammy.. i was confused and deleted my post too :)

aceqoxim
12th August 2013, 01:59 PM
No Ajay...I didn't. I thought I'd share my review after the movie releases in TN. But I just realised that some people have already decided the outcome of thalaiva. Lol.

Anyway...as for the movie...I won't say much. To me...this is one performance which will elevate Vijay to another level. If Kaavalan got people like Mani Ratnam to notice the potential in Vijay...this will just reiterate the fact that this guy is super talented. I didn't see Vijay as the hero with tremendous star power in this movie but I saw a different Vijay who has portrayed different shades of his character..be it the cool dude in the first half. .. or the post interval character with a confused state of mind and finally the transformed character as thalaiva. To me, this movie will earn him more respect as an actor and more fans. He has danced like a dream in tamil pasanga....the guy doesn't seem to age. ..In fact he is getting better. Loved the subtle expressions in yaar indha song. Yes the post interval portion does seem a bit slow in parts but I wasn't complaining cos this was a different Vijay I was seeing. Probably a trimming of 10mts may help when it releases in TN....and I am sure even the neutrals (unbiased ones) will appreciate Vijays performance.

Whatever is the box office fate.... as a Vijay fan... I am happy he did this movie to showcase his skills. When I watched it...people were clapping and hooting at almost every juncture in the movie..and I saw it in a multiplex with mostly family audience.

That two day stubble and the back and forth from confused to depressed to determined emotions he expresses just through his eyes.. (barely uttering few sentences for as long as ten minutes at one point) he sure is getting better as an actor. Read somewhere this movie brings out the actor in the star. Spot on.

But my favourite part was his portrayal as the confused lad who is coming to terms with who his dad is. He looks like a lost little boy when his dad is taken away. The sheer helplessness, the realization of what is happening around him, his expressions are a joy to watch in the pre interval block. If that doesn't move you, I don't know what will.

As for the age factor I swear this guy doesn't look a day older than 23. God only knows how he does it.

balaajee
12th August 2013, 02:07 PM
Piracy adds to Thalaivaa's troubles (http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Regional/Piracy-adds-to-Thalaivaa-s-troubles/Article1-1106927.aspx)- Hindustan Times

CEDYBLUE
12th August 2013, 02:20 PM

Anyway...as for the movie...I won't say much. To me...this is one performance which will elevate Vijay to another level. If Kaavalan got people like Mani Ratnam to notice the potential in Vijay...this will just reiterate the fact that this guy is super talented. I didn't see Vijay as the hero with tremendous star power in this movie but I saw a different Vijay who has portrayed different shades of his character..be it the cool dude in the first half. ..or the post interval character with a confused state of mind and finally the transformed character as thalaiva. To me, this movie will earn him more respect as an actor and more fans. He has danced like a dream in tamil pasanga....the guy doesn't seem to age. ..In fact he is getting better. Loved the subtle expressions in yaar indha song. Yes the post interval portion does seem a bit slow in parts but I wasn't complaining cos this was a different Vijay I was seeing. Probably a trimming of 10mts may help when it releases in TN....and I am sure even the neutrals (unbiased ones) will appreciate Vijays performance.

Terrific Review, Dammy :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th August 2013, 03:23 PM
Thalaivaa BO :

Thalaivaa opened well at International markets, especially in USA and UK. The film collected aroun 212,000 $ in its opening weekend at USA including the premiere show ie., 1.28 crores. The film's UK collection is said to be 77.88 lakhs till saturday and by Sunday the film is said to have collected more than 1 crore, the film also doing stupendously well in Kerala and Karnataka. The film's first day collection in Kerala is said to be 1.20 crores and the three day collections is said to be more than 3.5 crores, similarly Thalaivaa is also doing tremendously well in Karnataka box office , almost all the shows are housefull which makes it a big hit there. The Andhra box office is touted to be around 2.25 crores share in its first three days. The Malaysia and Sri Lanka box office of Thalaivaa is also doing exceptionally well. With the satellite rights of Thalaivaa sold for 16 crores, Thalaivaa should make a minimum of 35-40 crores as share in TN so that Thalaivaa team can attain the break even status. Now the entire trade and fans are waiting for Thalaivaa release in TN....

arulraj
12th August 2013, 04:04 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50 (https://twitter.com/sri50)2h (https://twitter.com/sri50/status/366830776135860224)
Kerala Box Office - Eid Weekend Aug 9 to 11 - 1. Thalaivaa 2. NPCB 3. Pulipulikalum Aatumkuttiyum 4. Chennai Express 5. Memories 6. KKOM

SenGOEk
12th August 2013, 04:41 PM
Thalaivaa - Official Theatrical Trailer has become the highest no.of viewed trailer/teaser in tamil cinema, may be in south indian cinema...

Views - 2,907,232 , inching close to 3.0M..:smokesmirk:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th August 2013, 04:45 PM
Kerala Distributors & Theatre Owners must be super duper happy :) :) Till film releases here will be a double bonanza for them !

SenGOEk
12th August 2013, 04:53 PM
(which no actor can achieve even in their dream).

Yes the pre release business which the Vijay films do especiallay in TV rights would now become more sufficient to recover the budget which no other actor can never achieve in their dream...
Thuppaki - 12 Cr
Thalaivaa - 15 Cr
Jilla - 18 Cr - Expected budget of film is 45Cr... Sold TV right covers one third of the film budget...

To be noted, your actor forthcoming 2 films which are at the same stage of Vijay films TV rights are yet to be sold off..

SenGOEk
12th August 2013, 05:24 PM
NDTV- Thalaivaa

'Thalaivaa' banned in Tamil Nadu, Fans disappointed !

He's believed to be the next Rajinikanth, but his movie Thalaivaa banned in Tamil Nadu for no reason !!

Courtesy: NDTV !

SenGOEk
12th August 2013, 05:26 PM
Kolly Buzz @KollyBuzz
#Thalaivaa collected 16925€ with 1400 entries from the premiere show in France.

arulraj
12th August 2013, 06:50 PM
NDTV- Thalaivaa

'Thalaivaa' banned in Tamil Nadu, Fans disappointed !

He's believed to be the next Rajinikanth, but his movie Thalaivaa banned in Tamil Nadu for no reason !!

Courtesy: NDTV !

Not telling by us only...........:yes:

maniram_1234
12th August 2013, 07:26 PM
#Thalaivaa won't break any records in USA.Sat coll was on par with Fri. It should have doubled to be super hit.Won't be a profitable venture

Sat collection dropped from Fri which is not healthy trend

what s the hell u want man u want thalaivaaa to be flop ok fine we agree thalaivaa is a flop for vijay pls dont post like tis

Scotthvm
12th August 2013, 07:43 PM
what s the hell u want man u want thalaivaaa to be flop ok fine we agree thalaivaa is a flop for vijay pls dont post like tis
avaru yaroda fanu theriyala,suppose yaroda rasigan irundhalam avara pathi pesurathaku edhuvum ilai so adhu dhan nama thalaivar targeta vechirukar pola,east or west vijay is the king of kollywood,enadha criticise panalum 5 hits in a row

arulraj
12th August 2013, 07:43 PM

Already we are in helpless situation as thalaivaa is not released in TN yet ; as haters dont add fuel into the fire ; or otherwise get ready to receive some bad words.

selvamohankumar
12th August 2013, 08:54 PM
Stardust-:: awesome and meaningful review..

csesaamy
12th August 2013, 09:26 PM
any updates on release

LihDacRurdy
12th August 2013, 09:45 PM
Already we are in helpless situation as thalaivaa is not released in TN yet ; as haters dont add fuel into the fire ; or otherwise get ready to receive some bad words.
Unmaiya sonnaa ungaluku yen inda kkobam.

arulraj
12th August 2013, 10:08 PM

This is not the right time to take conclusion whether thalaivaa is flop or hit which is doing good business outside tamilnadu ; we too will have time when you have same situation in near future ; don't forget.

Below is the behindwoods report which gave 2.75 for thalaivaa

Thalaiva opening weekend results from outside Tamil NaduAug 12, 2013
Though Thalaivaa didn’t make it in time to theatres in Tamil Nadu, some of the other prominent markets such as Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra and the overseas circuits saw the movie’s release and the opening has been good all over.

Kerala – From a total of 131 screens, the opening has been excellent and the first weekend gross is expected to be above 3 crores. The first day gross of 1.12 crores perfectly set the pace for constant improvements over the weekend. It must be noted that lot of audiences from Tamil Nadu are frequenting theatres in the TN – Kerala border to catch a glimpse of Thalaivaa. The Eid festival period has given a huge boost to the Kerala box-office and Thalaivaa stands on top. Distributors are confident that the movie’s overall collections will end up being as big as Thuppaki and Pokkiri in Kerala.

Andhra Pradesh – The Telugu dubbed version, Anna, after a terrific day one opening share of 1 crore, the overall weekend share settled at around 2 to 2.25 crores. Anna opened in around 275 screens, making it Vijay’s biggest release in Andhra. The Tamil version of the movie is being screened in 3 properties in Hyderabad City. The overall feedback from audiences seem to be that the second half is a little lengthy but the fact that the movie didn’t have any competition in its opening weekend helped its cause.

Karnataka – Bangalore City has seen an extraordinary opening for Thalaivaa with occupancies ranging in the 85 to 90% range. After the first day, 4 extra screens were added and trade pundits opine that the opening is better than the other recent big release Singam 2. A lot of fans had travelled from Tamil Nadu to see the movie, thereby adding to the craze in Bangalore City. But it must be seen if the weekdays can sustain as well as Singam 2 did.

UK – From the paid previews on Thursday till Saturday, Thalaivaa’s gross in the UK is 78 lakhs approximate from 34 locations and it is seen as a very impressive opening. Vijay’s films generally embark on a great start in the UK, and Thalaivaa is no exception.

USA – At the end of the first weekend, the US gross of Thalaivaa from 44 reported locations is 212,000 USD (1.29 crores). A record total of 70 locations are screening Thalaivaa and the total gross for the first weekend is expected to be in the 250,000 USD range. But there was a drop from Day 2 onwards and overall the film is expected to break-even in the US.

Malaysia, Singapore and Srilanka have opened well as expected, because Vijay enjoys a huge fan base in these countries.

It must be noted that Chennai Express is on a record breaking spree in most of the overseas markets and the other Southern Indian states such as Karnataka and Andhra. This has impacted the collections of Thalaivaa, opine trade pundits.

Now all eyes are on Thalaivaa’s release date in Tamil Nadu and how it will open here.

Now you can tell what is UNMAI and what is POI .........:shoot:

ecureuhapis
12th August 2013, 10:18 PM
Dammy, Stardust :notworthy:

maniram_1234
12th August 2013, 10:54 PM
Unmaiya sonnaa ungaluku yen inda kkobam.padam release agrathuku munadiye flop flop solranga intha nilamai inime vara entha vijay padathukuk vara kudathu politics vendam vijay plssss

Kumaran.P
12th August 2013, 11:47 PM
taran_adarsh: Tamil film # Thalaivaa has embarked on a solid start in U.K. and U.S.A.

interz
12th August 2013, 11:56 PM
Forget those "wellwishers" who thinks badly of Vijay. Vijay is getting better and better year by year. They are just making a fool out of themselves.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 12:59 AM
One doubt. Nasser is playing what role ?? Could anyone reveal ?? Is he friend of Sathyaraj or what ??

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 01:43 AM

Billa 2 flop othukiringala??

rachel
13th August 2013, 04:45 AM
thalaivaa is an average movie. even many vj fans have accepted it can be watched only once and lengthy.it's time to face the truth.

aceqoxim
13th August 2013, 06:15 AM
thalaivaa is an average movie. even many vj fans have accepted it can be watched only once and lengthy.it's time to face the truth.

Everyone has their opinion. What's average to you probably isn't to someone else. Kindly avoid dictating how others should feel about a movie.

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 07:43 AM

Vj fans accepted??? Who ??

rsidd1111
13th August 2013, 08:22 AM
Comedy of the decade

rachel
13th August 2013, 08:56 AM
during 'thuppaki' time you guys mentioned many times that u wanted to see it again, this time i haven't seen any posts like that from u..
and other thing if you guys are so confident in vj's movies, why do they try to get a tax examption?

CEDYBLUE
13th August 2013, 10:15 AM
UK Opening Weekend

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRhXetxCEAAUMUB.jpg:large

http://www.glintcinemas.com/2013/07/top-25-tamil-grosser-in-uk-1st-weekend.html

maniram_1234
13th August 2013, 10:18 AM
during 'thuppaki' time you guys mentioned many times that u wanted to see it again, this time i haven't seen any posts like that from u..
and other thing if you guys are so confident in vj's movies, why do they try to get a tax examption?
ridiculous question to answer every business men like to get tax exemption

balaajee
13th August 2013, 10:56 AM
during 'thuppaki' time you guys mentioned many times that u wanted to see it again, this time i haven't seen any posts like that from u..and other thing if you guys are so confident in vj's movies, why do they try to get a tax examption?

Movie is yet to be release in TN...

Cinemarasigan
13th August 2013, 11:24 AM
Movie is yet to be release in TN...

Vallid Point...

ArulprakasH
13th August 2013, 11:37 AM

Flop thaanga yaaru illaina.. 100 days poster ottala function ethum nadakkalaiyea... Almost all Ajith films are flop... Engalukku Thirupathi hit :lol2:

Vj fans accepted??? Who ??

Yaarumea illaingreengala???

ridiculous question to answer every business men like to get tax exemption

No business man in the world will loose the business to get tax exemption.. Now say which one is ridiculous? :huh:

BM posted the reviews which he came across in the social media and web as some people did it in the past... We were at the receiving end and now you are... There will be hits and misses on both the sides... ithey maathiri thodarama let we enjoy the hubbing time..

Hope the movie releases soon and you guys have a great time watching it.. :wave:

SenGOEk
13th August 2013, 11:44 AM
Rajasekar @sekartweets
#Thalaivaa collected 1.52 crores in USA till Sunday - along with the premiere show- Excellent :)
The film opened with 69 locations, now the it will be shown in 40+ location in second week says the USA distributor :) #Thalaivaa
Similarly #Thalaivaa collected 1.14 crores in UK , which is Vijay's forte :)

arulraj
13th August 2013, 11:50 AM
layathalapathy Vijay's Thalaivaa has opened big outside of Tamil Nadu.

The controversies and film not releasing in Tamil Nadu has helped it garner a huge three day opening in rest of the world. In Kerala it has emerged as the number one in the Eid Weekend (Aug 9 to 11), and netted an impressive Rs 2.10 Crore from 105 screens. And in neighboring Karnataka it has netted a very good Rs 2.55 Cr net in the opening weekend.
In Andhra the Telugu dubbed version has done Rs 2.30 Cr approximately , making it Vijay biggest ever opening outside of Tamil Nadu.

And in multiplexes in major Indian cities the film has stood up well against the fury of Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express. And in the overseas market, the film is booming .

In UK and Europe it has done Rs 78 lakhs while US it got Rs 1.29 Cr. And in Vijay's strong markets of Malaysia, Singapore and Srilanka it has taken a fantastic opening.
Thalaivaa can be classified as a hit outside of Tamil Nadu. Now all eyes are on whether the film will release on August 15, for the Independence Day weekend. Meanwhile the buzz is that Vijay is trying to meet the authorities concerned to get the film released at the earliest.

leosimha
13th August 2013, 12:07 PM

the fact in which you are talking about billa 2 in this thalaivaa thread itself proves that billa2 is lot better than thalaivaa, both being in the same genre of gangster drama. But is thalaivaa really a gangster drama, as per the movie reviews I get an impression that this movie is a dancing gangster drama. :-)

krajkumard123
13th August 2013, 12:30 PM
the fact in which you are talking about billa 2 in this thalaivaa thread itself proves that billa2 is lot better than thalaivaa, both being in the same genre of gangster drama. But is thalaivaa really a gangster drama, as per the movie reviews I get an impression that this movie is a dancing gangster drama. :-)

3 hours Thalaivaa is way more entertaining than 2 hours Billa 2

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 12:33 PM
WILL THALAIVAA GET A RELEASE ON AUGUST 15 ?

Now the million dollar question for all Vijay fans is whether Thalaivaa will release on August 15?. Well, here are the some of the information which we got from the insiders. Now the biggest hurdle for Thalaivaa is the delay in release date, as the film is delayed and piracy is already on, the distributors and theatre owners are not ready for a MG sharing ie., (Minimum Guarantee), they might opt for revenue sharing agreement.

Another important issue is that Bharath's 555 has occupied around 200 theatres and Red Gian't Aadhalal Kaadhal seiveer will be occupying another 150 odd screens on August 15, so will Thalaivaa get maximum screens is a big doubt. Further at this point if the film releases without any tax exemption Thalaivaa producers might suffer a loss as the screen count will be less.

With problem after problem, now all eyes on Vijay who is trying his best in releasing the film as early as possible. If the film failed to release on August 15, the release date might be pushed to August 23 and the producers will suffer a huge loss. Let's hope that the concern authorities come up with a solution for this film.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 12:48 PM
BREAKING: Vendhar Movies has reportedly withheld da final installment of payment 2 Producr CP Jain since Thalaivaa didn't get tax exemption !

arulraj
13th August 2013, 01:05 PM
Thalaivaa VS Billa 2 VS Singam 2 ..................

er in UK (1st weekend) UPDATED ON (12.8.13)

Rank
Movie (Days)
Gross
Screens
Average Gross

Enthiran
£ 2,77,918
£ 6,463

Sivaji
£ 168,603
£ 14,050

Thuppakki* (6)
£ 1,34,280
£ 5,371

Velayudham*(5)
£ 1,31,413
£ 7,730

Dasavatharam
£ 126,718
£ 6,669

Thalaivaa
£ 1,21,249
£ 3,368

Nanban* (4)
£ 1,17,846
£ 4,910

Mankatha* (5)
£ 1,10,383
£ 6,899

7am Arivu* (5)
£ 1,09,954
£ 5,787

Kuselan
£ 1,06,394
£ 6,258

ATM* (4)
£ 95,553
£ 5,309

Vishwaroopam
£ 91,175
£ 5,036

Maattrran
£ 81,253
£ 4,063

Kuruvi
£ 77,328
£ 5,948

Billa 2
£ 72,120
£ 3,606

Kanthaswamy
£ 71,804
£ 6,528

Raavanan
£ 66,317
£ 4,737

Singam 2
£ 65,806
£ 4,700

Aadhavan
£ 57,582
£ 5,948

Sinagm
£ 54,230
£ 3,932

Bheema* (4)
£ 51,243
£ 3,660

Saguni
£ 50,322
£ 4,194

Manmadan Ambu* (4)
£ 50,095
£ 2,947

Vettaikaaran
£ 43,608
£ 3,634

Oru Kal Oru Kannadi
£ 41,343
£ 2,756

© Rights Reserved by Glintcinemas.com

Our flop THALAIVAA beats your BLOCKBUSTER Mankatha ....:redjump:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 01:14 PM
Aug 15th kataayam release pannanum. Otherwise Aug 23rd is too late. Huge loss aagirum !

leosimha
13th August 2013, 01:55 PM
Thalaivaa VS Billa 2 VS Singam 2 ..................

er in UK (1st weekend) UPDATED ON (12.8.13)

Rank
Movie (Days)
Gross
Screens
Average Gross

Enthiran
£ 2,77,918
£ 6,463

Sivaji
£ 168,603
£ 14,050

Thuppakki* (6)
£ 1,34,280
£ 5,371

Velayudham*(5)
£ 1,31,413
£ 7,730

Dasavatharam
£ 126,718
£ 6,669

Thalaivaa
£ 1,21,249
£ 3,368

Nanban* (4)
£ 1,17,846
£ 4,910

Mankatha* (5)
£ 1,10,383
£ 6,899

7am Arivu* (5)
£ 1,09,954
£ 5,787

Kuselan
£ 1,06,394
£ 6,258

ATM* (4)
£ 95,553
£ 5,309

Vishwaroopam
£ 91,175
£ 5,036

Maattrran
£ 81,253
£ 4,063

Kuruvi
£ 77,328
£ 5,948

Billa 2
£ 72,120
£ 3,606

Kanthaswamy
£ 71,804
£ 6,528

Raavanan
£ 66,317
£ 4,737

Singam 2
£ 65,806
£ 4,700

Aadhavan
£ 57,582
£ 5,948

Sinagm
£ 54,230
£ 3,932

Bheema* (4)
£ 51,243
£ 3,660

Saguni
£ 50,322
£ 4,194

Manmadan Ambu* (4)
£ 50,095
£ 2,947

Vettaikaaran
£ 43,608
£ 3,634

Oru Kal Oru Kannadi
£ 41,343
£ 2,756

© Rights Reserved by Glintcinemas.com

Our flop THALAIVAA beats your BLOCKBUSTER Mankatha ....:redjump:

buddy, thank you very much for posting this. We require these posts during this time. Are you seeing the gross or average gross column? FYI, you will have to lookout at the average gross column and the number of screens which beats your so called hit movie. Mankatha beats thalaivaa to the pulp. :-)

leosimha
13th August 2013, 01:56 PM
3 hours Thalaivaa is way more entertaining than 2 hours Billa 2

Yes yes 3 hours boring movie is more entertaining than a 2 hours boring movie according to you. :-)

interz
13th August 2013, 02:06 PM
http://www.nowrunning.com/movie/10811/tamil/thalaiva/4355/review.htm

A fair review from Nowrunning site. They are usually harsh than rediff with reviews.

krajkumard123
13th August 2013, 02:17 PM
buddy, thank you very much for posting this. We require these posts during this time. Are you seeing the gross or average gross column? FYI, you will have to lookout at the average gross column and the number of screens which beats your so called hit movie. Mankatha beats thalaivaa to the pulp. :-)

Hmmm In that case Yeah Mankatha is on par with Kandhasamy :P

PARAMASHIVAN
13th August 2013, 02:27 PM
Viswa at 12th place ? :shock: :shock:

SenGOEk
13th August 2013, 02:40 PM

Finally collection speaks rather than gross or no of screens..in which Thalaivaa is better than your blockbuster movie..Also from the list you can infer 7 of Vijay films had made into top 25 tamil films in UK which you can never imagine..

PARAMASHIVAN
13th August 2013, 02:48 PM
. That's probably the loudest cheer I've ever witnessed for any actor. If I thought my group of friends were bad, the girls next to us were worse. They kept hooting and cheering well into the first song.
Have you ever seen shivaji rao gaikwad introduction on screen ? Or MGR introduction ( I have never seen this but according to my parents) ?

Santhanam's one liners were actually funny for a change.
He has been irritating in most of his movie, such an "Annan" wannabe !

He just looked so tall, lanky and handsome

:shock: :lol2:

The first song- if anyone told me there is a better dancer than this lad I'd laugh at them

True, he is the best dance in kollywood at the moment. To be honest I used to get annoyed with VJ films after Kadhaluku mariyadhai, rumba over ah vaasichuttu irunthar, but have stopped than since kavalan and thuppaki (good appreciataple move! )Hope he carries on this trend. Yet to watch the movie, I liked all A.L.Vijay movies , so will certainly watch it.

CEDYBLUE
13th August 2013, 02:50 PM

Which in turn gets ripped open by Velayudham on the same grounds.

I don't understand your logic though.

It usually all comes down to GROSS, isn't it?

How can average gross and no of screens be the key data here?

The more the number of screens, the more the options for viewers and hence it is only logical that the average gross will be less. It is simply Gross/No of screens rite?

I am sure, Thuppakki's Gross would have been around the same mark (£ 1,34,280) even if was released in less number of screens coz if the demand would have been higher, to accommodate the increase in demand, additional shows would have been added to the screens.

Even if no of screens is the one to watch out for, Thalaivaa's opening in 36 screens (which is second to Enthiran) is no surprise following the humongous success of Thuppakki and the demand that follows such a success.

The buck starts and ends with Gross IMHO and given that the weekend for Thalaivaa is not an extended one this time around (* denotes extended weekends), this is a typical big response to a Vijay movie in UK. No changes there.

srimal
13th August 2013, 02:51 PM
torrents and youtube are carrying good prints of the movie... piracy control konjam seekrama pannunga... !!!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 02:56 PM
DVDScr has come :( :( :( :cry: :cry:

SenGOEk
13th August 2013, 03:32 PM
"தலைவா' பட வெளியீடு: மர்ம மனிதன் குண்டு மிரட்டல்

சென்னை:"நடிகர் விஜயின், "தலைவா' படத்தை திரையிடுவதை தாமதப்படுத்தினால், குண்டு வெடிக்கும்' என, சென்னை, உதயம் தியேட்டருக்கு வந்த வெடிகுண்டு மிரட்டலால், சென்னையில் பரபரப்பு ஏற்பட்டது.

விஜய் - அமலாபால் நடித்த, "தலைவா' படம், பல்வேறு பிரச்னைகளால், வெளியாவதில் தாமதம் ஏற்பட்டுள்ளது. "தலைவா' படம் வெளியிடும் தியேட்டர்களில் குண்டு வைக்கப் போவதாக, கடந்த, 8ம் த...ேதி, மர்ம நபர் மிரட்டல் விடுத்தார். கோவையில் உள்ள சில தியேட்டர்களுக்கும், மிரட்டல் விடுக்கப்பட்டது.இந்நிலையில், நேற்று முன்தினம் இரவு, சென்னை போலீஸ் கட்டுப்பாட்டு அறையை தொடர்பு கொண்ட மர்ம நபர், "தலைவா படம் திரையிட தாமதமானால், சென்னை, உதயம் தியேட்டரில் குண்டு வெடிக்கும்' என, சொல்லி இணைப்பை துண்டித்து விட்டான்.பிறகு அவனே, 10 நிமிடங்கள் கழித்து, "கோயம்பேடு பஸ் நிலையத்தில் குண்டு வைத்திருக்கிறேன்; எந்த நேரத்திலும் வெடிக்கலாம்' எனவும் கூறியுள்ளான்."கோயம்பேட்டில் எற்காக குண்டு வைக்கிறாய்' என்று கேட்டதற்கு, "கோயம்பேட்டில் வைக்கணும்ன்னு நினைத்தேன்; வைத்தேன்' என்று கூலாகக் கூறியுள்ளான்.

இந்த தகவல்கள், சம்பந்தப்பட்ட போலீஸ் நிலையங்களுக்கு தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டு, உடனடி நடவடிக்கை மேற்கொள்ளப்பட்டது. சென்னை, உதயம் தியேட்டரில் இரவு நடத்தப்பட்ட வெடிகுண்டு சோதனையில், மிரட்டல் வெறும் புரளி என, தெரிய வந்தது.

அதே நேரம் கோயம்பேடு பஸ் நிலையத்திலும் அனைத்து பகுதிகளிலும், கோயம்பேடு போலீசார் மெட்டல் டிடெக்டர், மோப்ப நாய் கொண்டு சோதனை நடத்தினர். அதிலும், ஒன்றும் சிக்கவில்லை. மிரட்டல் விடுத்தவர் குறித்து விசாரணை நடத்தத் துவங்கினர். அந்த போன், சென்னை, வடபழனியைச் சேர்ந்த அர்ச்சகர் முருகானந்தம் என்பவருடையது என, தெரிய வர, உடனடியாக முருகானந்தத்தை பிடித்து விசாரித்துள்ளனர். தன் மொபைல் போன், மூன்று நாட்களுக்கு முன் தொலைந்துவிட்டதாக தெரிவித்தார்.இதையடுத்து, குண்டு மிரட்டல் விடுத்த நபரை, சைதாப்பேட்டை மற்றும் கோயம்பேடு போலீசார், தேடி வருகின்றனர்.நடிகர் விஜயின், "தலைவா' படம் தொடர்பாக, அவ்வப்போது வெடிகுண்டு மிரட்டல் வருவதால், தியேட்டர் உரிமையாளர்கள் மிரண்டு போய் உள்ளனர். எனவே, படம் வெளியாகும் விஷயத்தில், தொடர்ந்து இழுபறி நீடித்து வருகிறது

leosimha
13th August 2013, 04:15 PM
Hmmm In that case Yeah Mankatha is on par with Kandhasamy :P

lol endha school padichinga, padikireenga? Romba nalla kannakku podareenga!!

leosimha
13th August 2013, 04:18 PM
Finally collection speaks rather than gross or no of screens..in which Thalaivaa is better than your blockbuster movie..Also from the list you can infer 7 of Vijay films had made into top 25 tamil films in UK which you can never imagine..

did you know that your top movies have beaten hollywood movie avatar collections, really great achievement!! :-)

leosimha
13th August 2013, 04:21 PM
Which in turn gets ripped open by Velayudham on the same grounds.

I don't understand your logic though.

It usually all comes down to GROSS, isn't it?

How can average gross and no of screens be the key data here?

The more the number of screens, the more the options for viewers and hence it is only logical that the average gross will be less. It is simply Gross/No of screens rite?

I am sure, Thuppakki's Gross would have been around the same mark (£ 1,34,280) even if was released in less number of screens coz if the demand would have been higher, to accommodate the increase in demand, additional shows would have been added to the screens.

Even if no of screens is the one to watch out for, Thalaivaa's opening in 36 screens (which is second to Enthiran) is no surprise following the humongous success of Thuppakki and the demand that follows such a success.

The buck starts and ends with Gross IMHO and given that the weekend for Thalaivaa is not an extended one this time around (* denotes extended weekends), this is a typical big response to a Vijay movie in UK. No changes there.

even I can run a movie for more than 100 days, show those collections but the average gross will be much lesser. :-) guess you forgot cheran's statement about an actor's movie being run without even 5 number of audience. :-)

krajkumard123
13th August 2013, 04:23 PM

illa boss neengatha average gross kannaku soneenga mankatha avg gross = £ 6,899, kandhasamy's = £ 6,528, so i tot both are in the same level thappuna intha chinna payana manuchurunga

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 04:31 PM

:lol: Neenga entha schoola padichinga. More the shows, less will be the avg.
Avg athigamna padam betteraam, apaaaa enna oru cleverness.
Its not our fault mankatha didnt release in more screens :lol:

Cinemarasigan
13th August 2013, 04:31 PM
Normally you can get a decent DVD print of any Tamil movie in Bangalore in 3 - 4 days after the release.. but that will not affect the business here

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 04:32 PM
FYI, you will have to lookout at the average gross column and the number of screens which beats your so called hit movie. Mankatha beats thalaivaa to the pulp. :-)

Wow. Wat a brilliant logic :notworthy:

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 04:35 PM
Watched movie.
Different movie for Vijay. Not an usual masala entertainer. More of performance oriented.
Nothing new with story is a big let down.
2nd half was brilliant with amazing screen presence. Vijay's Body language was superb.
Sure, 5th in row for Vijay

-deleted with warning-

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 04:37 PM
No need to get personal against fellow hubbers. Don't repeat this again!

SenGOEk
13th August 2013, 04:38 PM
did you know that your top movies have beaten hollywood movie avatar collections, really great achievement!! :-)

Intention was to compare among tamil movies..Thanks you have taken it to hollywood level..

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 04:39 PM
Have you ever seen shivaji rao gaikwad introduction on screen ? Or MGR introduction ( I have never seen this but according to my parents) ?

So better :shhh:

CEDYBLUE
13th August 2013, 04:54 PM
even I can run a movie for more than 100 days, show those collections but the average gross will be much lesser. :-) guess you forgot cheran's statement about an actor's movie being run without even 5 number of audience. :-)

For a long time, excuses/abuses/arguments on Vijay's looks, poor choice of scripts, one-dimensional acting and over-the-top dialogues/action were used quite regularly whenever the success/box office discussions were on. Sura was the nadir. What the movie collections were, which I believe is the strongest indicator of an actor's mass value was not often given enough importance. It was hidden under the carpet.

Nowadays the commonly discussed points are the '100-day' theory and SAC, t, no matter whether the discussion is on box office/ reasons for delay in release or Vijay's performance. This is a welcome change, though.

Here, the discussion was squarely on the first-weekend collections in UK and again the dig on the '100-days'. The table is itself self-explanatory and here we are linking that to '100-days' again.

It is a no-brainier that cinema dynamics have changed dramatically over the last 5-6 years. Gone are the days when a 100-day run was considered as a pride-thing. Nobody is giving much importance to such things. If, Vijay and his producers are still serious about 100 days and pride, they will learn their lessons soon.

A closer look at the organized Cinema markets of UK, USA and Malaysia and top 10/25/50 lists for Tamil movies is enough to understand who is the most consistent actor for these markets, whether it may be for the opening weekend or the overall collections.

It is only in the evolving Indian/Tamil markets that different aspects such as Who has the greatest opening? or Who has the most solid family base? are still debated.

It is beyond debate, so as to who is calling the shots, in the above listed international markets for Tamil movies.

In the local Tamil market, Thuppakki to a certain extent quashed a lot of myths/manipulations with authentic/certified data from some industry people. I am sure, the Tamil Industry will get organized, pretty soon.

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 04:58 PM
A closer look at the organized Cinema markets of UK, USA and Malaysia and top 10/25/50 lists for Tamil movies is enough to understand who is the most consistent actor for these markets

well said

aceqoxim
13th August 2013, 05:39 PM
Param,

Our definition of handsomeness always takes me back by surprise. It's shocking how we consider only fair skinned handsome. Most people we consider handsome in India just because they are fair skinned, wouldn't even be considered average looking outside India.

Oru exampleku many of my friends have told me danush is better looking than mahesh babu (not gonna namedrop TN celebrities here :) ) just because he's got an awesome jaw line/bone structure. On other hand mahesh would be considered a typical butter face.

Vj looked handsome. Period. That's my opinion. Your opinion doesn't bother me because if you do visit the twitter world or fb there are loads of people everywhere who agrees on this with me. Besides I'm a girl. So I'm taking the liberty of assuming I'm a better judge of good looks (of a guy) than you lol.

I don't belong to the generation that has watched MGR's FDFS or loves to watch superstar's FDFS. Sorry to disappoint you there.

PARAMASHIVAN
13th August 2013, 06:04 PM
Param,

Our definition of handsomeness always takes me back by surprise. It's shocking how we consider only fair skinned handsome. Most people we consider handsome in India just because they are fair skinned, wouldn't even be considered average looking outside India.

Oru exampleku many of my friends have told me danush is better looking than mahesh babu (not gonna namedrop TN celebrities here :) ) just because he's got an awesome jaw line/bone structure. On other hand mahesh would be considered a typical butter face.

Vj looked handsome. Period. That's my opinion. Your opinion doesn't bother me because if you do visit the twitter world or fb there are loads of people everywhere who agrees on this with me. Besides I'm a girl. So I'm taking the liberty of assuming I'm a better judge of good looks (of a guy) than you lol.

I don't belong to the generation that has watched MGR's FDFS or loves to watch superstar's FDFS. Sorry to disappoint you there.

You got me wrong , never mentioned anything about skin colour. :)

Any way let's stop, here, I am going to watch it on Tuesday, but since it is half price at cineworld, most tickets are sold out! so have to wait a while, take care :)

PARAMASHIVAN
13th August 2013, 06:07 PM
loves to watch superstar's FDFS. Sorry to disappoint you there.

Me too, never watched any FDFS of any one's movie. :)

aceqoxim
13th August 2013, 06:16 PM
You got me wrong , never mentioned anything about skin colour. :)

Really? If it's not skin colour then what is it about him you don't find attractive? I really want to hear it........not.

What gives people the sense of superiority to tell someone else what they should consider aesthetically pleasing or thoroughly entertaining.

If you don't consider him handsome, say it. That's alright, but why laugh at someone else who thinks he is? If you think a movie is average, have the guts to say you find it average. What audacity to tell someone else to accept it as average.

I respect posters who respect others opinion. End of.

arulraj
13th August 2013, 07:04 PM

Thx buddy ...neenga type1 and type2 nu 2 thakkaali vachirukkeenga ; type1 thakkaali - thalaivaa 36 vikkithu and type2 thakkaali - mankatha 16 thaan vikithu , appo 36 thakkaali vithathu thaanay nalla thakkaali ....:smokesmirk:

leosimha
13th August 2013, 07:07 PM
Ah ha... Enna arumaiyaana explanations...nobody can beat vijay films and vijay fans....vijay and vijay fans-ku oru O podu..... :-)

arulraj
13th August 2013, 07:10 PM
The reason y CM ban ‪#‎thalaivaa‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/thalaivaa) .. Revealed

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/1151064_732708020079504_1302727180_n.jpg

aceqoxim
13th August 2013, 07:23 PM
Ah ha... Enna arumaiyaana explanations...nobody can beat vijay films and vijay fans....vijay and vijay fans-ku oru O podu..... :-)

according to producer and eros (tell me if there is more reliable source) Thuppakki stands top 3 all time in TFI and netted a revenue of 187 cr. Come and whine here again when your favourite star has managed to beat it

CEDYBLUE
13th August 2013, 07:28 PM

Forgot to mention, along with the '100-day' theory and SAC.......Smilieying :-) is another tactic to sway/duck away from box office discussions.

Any group or community will have people with different characteristics/behavior/ability. Typecasting the entire group/community for something has become common in the social world.

Keep swaying and smileying.

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 07:31 PM
is there any signs of movie getting releases in TN?

Ramkumar86
13th August 2013, 07:33 PM

Neenga munnaadi page la post panna explanations ah ippa than pathen. Romba sirappa irunthuchu. neengellam Koochapadaama mathavangala solringa.

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 07:35 PM

Far better than your wonderfull logic.

Btw vijay fans can speak about hits how about your end :rotfl:

What was your best sold movie, billa2 ?? that too 24crore . Even saguni got sold for 22 crore.

Comparing 35+ crore business man with 24crore :lol: utter nonsense.

Asusual, vaayil vadai suduvathil valavar ajith buns :lol:

More info Jilla satellite sold for 19crore. best of Ajith 6 crore, billa 2. Ada pongada dei :rotfl: . Ungalukulaam vekamae kedayatha :lol:

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 07:41 PM

Param, eppovathu vijay padam Vettri theatre mari theatre la parthathu unda?

Eppo parthalum family show podara time la ponna una shivaju rao gaikwad show ku makal silent than irupanga!!! Theriyamma pesa kudathu.. u must have seen n number of post our fellow vijay fans have posted on the intro scene cheers and thunderous applause. Apuran inna params. vidunga!!!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 07:42 PM
The reason y CM ban ‪#‎thalaivaa‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/thalaivaa) .. Revealed

https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/1151064_732708020079504_1302727180_n.jpg

Ivlo sokathiliyum this was a cracker :rotfl:

CEDYBLUE
13th August 2013, 08:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRi8lA2CIAAjScS.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 08:08 PM
Dhanush denies comments against government in 'Thalaivaa' issue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK0iPVbIPFI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSK0iPVbIPFI)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2013, 08:19 PM
Twitter la kelvi : Why many kollywood biggies aren't voicing out for thalaivaa release ???

All answers point out to SAC !

Even i'm worried about the support given to this film from industry side !

ALWAR_AJITH
13th August 2013, 08:38 PM
Far better than your wonderfull logic.

Btw vijay fans can speak about hits how about your end :rotfl:

What was your best sold movie, billa2 ?? that too 24crore . Even saguni got sold for 22 crore.

Comparing 35+ crore business man with 24crore :lol: utter nonsense.

Asusual, vaayil vadai suduvathil valavar ajith buns :lol:

More info Jilla satellite sold for 19crore. best of Ajith 6 crore, billa 2. Ada pongada dei :rotfl: . Ungalukulaam vekamae kedayatha :lol:

Bro after long time i post here again.. don’t talk like kids .. are you producer of the movie till you know all the figure/rights/price ?

I have seen there is some ppl in TN saying that Malaysia is fort of VJ blah 2

May I have anybody here can give his film grossing during non-festival period? ??

Do you know which period in Malaysia there is chance to collect huge amount of profit ???? Only at festival time we get long holidays and there is crowd in theatre .kamal and rajini are exception

Can you see below picture and understand your star movie status??? In IOI Mall after 5 day billa2 release almost all seats are occupied for midnight show but see for thalaiva with your bull eyes.. Do not drag ajith again here..

Stay happy with your movie success .. all the best for your movie.. dear thala fans pls stay away from this thread unless they ready for healthy discussion

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 09:09 PM

Tax exemption s something everyone wants to get.. No matter who.. It adds revenue to movie..

uruzalari
13th August 2013, 09:16 PM
Tax exemption s something everyone wants to get.. No matter who.. It adds revenue to movie..

Not only that.The problem here would be that all negotiations for prices would have been done under the assumption that the movie would get tax exemption. Hence Vendhar Movies might have purchased for a high price taking into consideration the tax exemption. So it is only natural that they will be affected.

Ithulla ethukku tax exemption venumnu oru brilliant kelvi vera .......

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 09:51 PM
Bro after long time i post here again.. don’t talk like kids .. are you producer of the movie till you know all the figure/rights/price ?

May I have anybody here can give his film grossing during non-festival period? ??

Do you know which period in Malaysia there is chance to collect huge amount of profit ???? Only at festival time we get long holidays and there is crowd in theatre .kamal and rajini are exception

Can you see below picture and understand your star movie status??? In IOI Mall after 5 day billa2 release almost all seats are occupied for midnight show but see for thalaiva with your bull eyes.. Do not drag ajith again here..

Stay happy with your movie success .. all the best for your movie.. dear thala fans pls stay away from this thread unless they ready for healthy discussion

Who started?? If ypu have doubt on figures, go and ask any person in film industry. Inga screenshot podrathukunae oruthar irupara avara vaenalum kaelunga. Unmainu therinju athaan payapula pambittu iruku.

Btw athu enna aana oona screenshot podreenga?? Then why is your mega star movie not in any top lists :rotfl:

Again, vailayae vada sudrathu.
Healthy discussiona?? May i knwo what you people have to discuss :lol:

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 09:55 PM

What is that "They" be specific, u are replying to a single person, put his name directly.

We arent known for "Healthy Discussion" u guys are experts in that. I just saw quite a few response for "Preetham's" post in ur thread. very healthy..

Russellgdn
13th August 2013, 09:56 PM
What is that "They" be specific, u are replying to a single person, put his name directly.

We arent known for "Healthy Discussion" u guys are experts in that. I just saw quite a few response for "Preetham's" post in ur thread. very healthy..

BM's posts searching for all -ve. Apadithaedium he couldnt find much. They are true gentlemen like Ajith :yes:

SenGOEk
13th August 2013, 09:58 PM
Can you see below picture and understand your star movie status??? In IOI Mall after 5 day billa2 release almost all seats are occupied for midnight show but see for thalaiva with your bull eyes..

#‎Thalaivaa‬ 3rd On The Malaysia Box Office Chart, Thalaivaa has got good Opening In Malaysia Depsite Many English Movies Releases Such As The Conjuring, Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters And The Smurfs 2..Let the collections come out we can compare the same..

http://www.cinema.com.my/charts/charts.aspx

selvamohankumar
13th August 2013, 10:01 PM
#‎Thalaivaa‬ 3rd On The Malaysia Box Office Chart, Thalaivaa has got good Opening In Malaysia Depsite Many English Movies Releases Such As The Conjuring, Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters And The Smurfs 2..Let the collections come out we can compare the same..

http://www.cinema.com.my/charts/charts.aspx

Samajith :) u know he intentionally dint post this and posted week day's seat filling screen print.

SenGOEk
13th August 2013, 10:20 PM
Kollywood Cinema @KollywudCinema
"@SIMoviesUSA: #Thalaivaa distributors @PrimeMediaUS confirmed that movie grossed over 250K from 69 locs over wkdn + premier shows.VGood!!"

maniram_1234
13th August 2013, 11:34 PM
Dvd quality is out feeling tensed should release tis friday if 23 means it will be a huge loss becomes very tough for vijay

kumarsr
13th August 2013, 11:53 PM
What is the issue preventing release? Is it the entertaintment tax?

uruzalari
14th August 2013, 01:01 AM
Guess this weekend is out of the question now :( .....Sathyam has started the bookings for CE in the main screen for this weekend...... Aadhalaal Kadhal Seiveer Booking has started in Mayajaal and some more theatres

selvamohankumar
14th August 2013, 02:21 AM
Are they not going to release movie at all.. What are the intentions here..

Shanker
14th August 2013, 08:10 AM
No matter how many DVD prints are out, this movie will do spectacular business in TN when it releases. Mark my words.

cittu
14th August 2013, 09:00 AM
இது ஒரு விமர்சனம் அல்ல. எனது உணர்வுகளும் சிந்தனைகளும் மட்டுமே. எந்தவோர் திரைப்படம் பார்த்தாலும் விமர்சனம் எழுதும் நான், விஜய் திரைபடங்களுக்கு மட்டும் விமர்சனம் எழுதுவதில்லை. இரண்டு காரணங்கள்,

1) நான் ஒரு விஜய் ரசிகன். விமர்சனங்கள் ரசனைகளாக பதியப்படும் வாய்ப்புகள் அதிகம்.

2) விஜயை ஒரு நடிகனாக நான் அறிந்ததைவிட, ஒரு மானசீக அண்ணனாவும் நண்பனாகவும் அறிந்துவைத்துள்ளமை.

2002, கார்த்திகை மாதம் திரைக்கு வந்த பகவதிதான் இளயதளபதியை நான் முதல் முதல் வெள்ளி திரையில் பார்க்க வாய்ப்பளித்த திரைப்படம். அந்த நிமிடம் வரை ஒரு நடிகனின் ரசிகனாக வாழும் மனம் எப்படி பட்டது என்று அறியாதவன் தான் நான். அன்று முதல் இன்று தலைவா வரை ரசிகனாய் என் ரசனை ஏறுமுகம் தான். பகவதி முதல் வேட்டைக்காரன் வரை, முதல் நாள் முதல் காட்சியை கண்டு களித்த மகிழ்ச்சி. சுறா வெளியிடப்பட்ட போது நான் ருஷ்யா நாட்டில் இருந்தமையால் எனக்கு திரையில் தளபதியை பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்பு கிடைக்கவில்லை. அதன் பின், இன்றுவரை முதல் நாள் காட்சி இல்லாவிடினும், இயன்றவரை அவரின் திரைப்படங்களை திரையில் பார்த்து விடுவேன்.

விஜய் கடந்த இருவருடங்களில் காணும் மாற்றங்களை உன்னிப்பாக பார்த்தேன். அதில் சிலதை இங்கு குறிப்பிட ஆசை பாடுகின்றேன்.

1) தெளிவான தெரிவு

காவலன் முதல் தலைவா வரை, இயக்குனர்களின் தெரிவில் அசைத்தியுள்ளார் விஜய். தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்ட இயக்குனர்கள் ஒவ்வொருவரும் தனக்கு என்று தனி முறைமைகள் கொண்ட இயக்குனர்கள். குடும்ப கதைக்களம் சொல்லும் சித்திக், மசாலாவை குடும்பத்தில் உள்ள உறுப்பினர்கள் அனைவரையும் கவரும் விதத்தில் படைக்கும் ஜெயம் ராஜா, பிரமாண்டத்தின் நாயகன் ஷங்கர், விறுவிறு அக்ஷன் இயக்குனர் முருகதாஸ் மற்றும் நேர்த்தியாய் கதை சொல்லும் விஜய் வரை இயக்குனர் தெரிவுகளில் கூட வித்தியாசம் காட்ட ஆரம்பித்துவிட்டார் நடிகர் விஜய். ஆராக்கியமான ஆரம்பம்.

2) கதைக்களம்

என்ன ஒரு மாறுதல். ஒரே போந்த்ரா திரை படங்களை தந்த நடிகரின் ஆபாரமான மாறுதல் இது. தனது முதல் படத்திக்கும் அடுத்த படைப்புக்கும் இடையில் எவ்ளோ பெரிய வித்தியாசம். காதல் நாயகனான மனதில் இடம்பிடித்து, வேலாயுதமாக சமுதாயம் காத்து, நண்பனாய் வாழ்ந்து, துப்பாக்கி வெடித்து , தலைவனக்காக மாறும் வரை என்ன ஒரு மாறுதல். தளபதி..!! அசத்தி விட்டீர்கள்.

3) நட்சத்திரம் அல்ல..!! நடிகன்.

நடிப்பு ஒன்றும் விஜயைக்கு நேற்று இன்று வந்ததில்லை. ஆனால் அவருள் இருந்த ஒரு உன்னத நடிகன், மெதுவாக வெளிவர ஆரம்பித்துள்ளான். ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் நடிப்பு மெருக்கேறுகின்றது. ஒரு நட்சத்திரம் மெதுவாக நடிப்பில் மின்ன ஆரம்பம். இனி சரவெடிகள்..!!

4) தந்தை யார்?

இந்த கருத்தில் சிலருக்கு உடன்பாடு இருக்காது. ஆனால் இது நான் அறிந்த உண்மை. இதுவரை விஜய்யின் இயக்குனர்களையும் கதைகளையும் அவரின் தந்தையார் தான் தெரிவு செய்தார். அண்மை காலமாக விஜய், சுதந்திர தெரிவுகளை தெரிந்துள்ளார். அதில் ஒரு இயக்குனர் வெகு விரைவில் அறிவிக்க படம். கொண்டாட தயார் ஆகுங்கள்.

5) அந்த பயம் இருக்கணும் டா..!!

விஜயை அரசியலில் நான் விமர்சிக்க விரும்பவில்லை. எனது கருத்து, தளபதியாரே இன்னும் நேரம் அமையவில்லை. ஆனால் உங்களின் வளர்ச்சியில் எத்தனை உள்ளங்களுக்குதான் கவலை கோவம். என் தெரியுமா.. ?? நான் சொல்ல மாடேன். ஆனால் தாராளமாக நீங்கள் சொல்லலாம் " அந்த பயம் இருக்கணும் டா.."

ஒரு ரசிகனாய் என் ஆதரவு என்றும் உங்களுக்கே..!! என்னை போல பல ரசிகர்கள் இன்னும் பல சாதனைகளுக்காக காத்து இருக்கின்றோம்.

முடிவாக ஒன்று,

உங்களை வெறுக்கும் உள்ளங்கள் உண்டு. ஆதில் ஒரு கணிசமான உள்ளங்கள் உங்களை வெறுக்கும் காரணம் ஒன்றுதான்.

"எங்கே உங்களை ரசிக்க ஆரம்பித்து விடுவோமோ?" என்னும் மன பயம்.

வாழ்த்துக்கள் விஜய்.

அன்புடன்,
பிரிந்தன்

maniram_1234
14th August 2013, 09:10 AM
Super

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2013, 09:52 AM
I went to Banglore few days back and thought of watching film there. But namma oorla paatha dhaan oru mana thripthi irukkumnu ninachikittu vandhutaen :( :(

CEDYBLUE
14th August 2013, 11:00 AM
Looks like we may have to wait longer. The most disturbing aspect here is the Silence. Nobody knows what exactly the problem is.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/1012491_507210322691104_426309372_n.jpg

maniram_1234
14th August 2013, 11:08 AM
On account of the confusion related to the release of Thalaivaa, there was an emergency meeting held by the theater owners in Teynampet today morning, in order to discuss the release date of Thalaivaa. Theater owners from all over Tamil Nadu participated in the meeting.

The theater owners had earlier offered attractive Minimum Guarantees (MG) for the film when it was scheduled to be released on the 9th of August. However, the delay has caused people to sell pirated DVDs of the film and upload the movie in the internet. As a consequence of these incidents, the theater owners have decided to release the movie on a profit sharing basis and not on MG basis, as earlier expected.

An official announcement regarding the release date of Thalaivaa can be expected in a few hours and as of now, August 15th or 16th are spoken of as likely release dates.

maniram_1234
14th August 2013, 11:12 AM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/2670/thalaivaa-losses-could-add-up-to-40-crores

Cinemarasigan
14th August 2013, 11:38 AM

This is very Sad... Surprised that Vijay and SAC are keeping a long silence and not coming forward to fight through media. If a movie cannot be released in state(where there is no valid reason to stop the screening), there is no meaning of celebrating our Independence. At least other states of India can feel that they are part if Independent India.

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 12:06 PM
Looks like we may have to wait longer. The most disturbing aspect here is the Silence. Nobody knows what exactly the problem is.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/1012491_507210322691104_426309372_n.jpg

best way to solve issue is being silent.
Vijay knows it. Paesunathaan problem will grow more

Cinemarasigan
14th August 2013, 12:13 PM
best way to solve issue is being silent.
Vijay knows it. Paesunathaan problem will grow more

May not suit the current situation... Wishing All the best for a quick solution

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 12:17 PM
May not suit the current situation... Wishing All the best for a quick solution

U cannot do anything else against jaya

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2013, 12:19 PM
Breaking : Vijay,Producer,Director ask for appointment with tha tha... jayalalitha.

littlemaster1982
14th August 2013, 01:11 PM
Leosimha and few other Ajith fans,

You had more than your share of fun in this thread. So let's stop goofing around here and let Vijay fans discuss about the movie.

Dammy R
14th August 2013, 02:07 PM
No matter how many DVD prints are out, this movie will do spectacular business in TN when it releases. Mark my words.

I would tend to agree with this statement. My take is that these days, the pirated versions and DVD prints are out within a day, so even if the movie had released last Friday, the DVD prints would have come out by Saturday (just like in Kerala, Karnataka and everywhere else). Vijay has a fan base strong enough to keep the theaters occupied for a good number of days in the first week. And for a decent movie with Vijay in it, even the family audience will come to the theater, no matter what...just like in Kerala and Karnataka. A release on the 15th would have meant a good 4 day weekend...however, let's just hope the movie does get a release soon and recovers whatever money it can so all stakeholders can at least break even. More the delay ..more chances of the excitement and buzz getting lesser.

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 02:18 PM
I would tend to agree with this statement. My take is that these days, the pirated versions and DVD prints are out within a day, so even if the movie had released last Friday, the DVD prints would have come out by Saturday (just like in Kerala, Karnataka and everywhere else). Vijay has a fan base strong enough to keep the theaters occupied for a good number of days in the first week. And for a decent movie with Vijay in it, even the family audience will come to the theater, no matter what...just like in Kerala and Karnataka. A release on the 15th would have meant a good 4 day weekend...however, let's just hope the movie does get a release soon and recovers whatever money it can so all stakeholders can at least break even. More the delay ..more chances of the excitement and buzz getting lesser.

Not to worry. Big plus for Vijay movies is family audience. May have impact on grand opening but movie will have good run

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 04:22 PM
Who started?? If ypu have doubt on figures, go and ask any person in film industry. Inga screenshot podrathukunae oruthar irupara avara vaenalum kaelunga. Unmainu therinju athaan payapula pambittu iruku.

Btw athu enna aana oona screenshot podreenga?? Then why is your mega star movie not in any top lists :rotfl:

Again, vailayae vada sudrathu.
Healthy discussiona?? May i knwo what you people have to discuss :lol:

vayile vadai sudarathu , posterle vadai sudarthu , elam enge culture ile pa anyhow :wave:

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 04:27 PM
vayile vadai sudarathu , posterle vadai sudarthu , elam enge culture ile pa anyhow :wave:

ya recent poster showed it. Vada suttu mudichitu tea kudikareenga pola :lol:
Kalakal :thumbsup:

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 04:35 PM
ya recent poster showed it. Vada suttu mudichitu tea kudikareenga pola :lol:
Kalakal :thumbsup:

thambi ungalluku tea innum varele ... so just yaruku tea kudutha vadai kidaikum nu yosinge seekiram padam vanthudum ok va :wave:

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 04:38 PM
It doesnt matter. Enga padam release aana hit aagum.
But anga ?? :rotfl:

Kadasila ungaluku canteen tea vada thaan micham :lol:

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Ragul18;1065044]It doesnt matter. Enga padam release aana hit aagum.
But anga ?? :rotfl:

Good joke of the year :omg:

SenGOEk
14th August 2013, 04:53 PM

Screen shotla vada sudurathu than unga culturea..

SenGOEk
14th August 2013, 04:54 PM
AndhraBoxOffice.Com @AndhraBoxOffice
So #Thalaivaa gets further screwed up by losing two Holiday weekend Dates Aug 9 & 15. Well Played Jaya Amma!!.

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 04:59 PM
Screen shotla vada sudurathu than unga culturea..

shabbba thambi mudiyele :banghead:

SenGOEk
14th August 2013, 05:01 PM
shabbba thambi mudiyele :banghead:

Thambi unga threadla poi velaya paruppa...

SenGOEk
14th August 2013, 05:22 PM
SIMoviesUSA @SIMoviesUSA
#Thalaivaa distributors @PrimeMediaUS confirmed that movie grossed over 250K from 69 locs over wkdn + premier shows.VGood!!

CEDYBLUE
14th August 2013, 06:13 PM
Vijay on Thalaivaa Issue - Audio Statement

http://cinemalead.com/video-id-vijay-on-thalaivaa-issue-thalaivaa-ban-14-08-13425.htm

https://soundcloud.com/sekargates/actor-vijay-on-thalaivaa-issue

uruzalari
14th August 2013, 06:18 PM
Vijay on Thalaivaa Issue - Audio Statement

http://cinemalead.com/video-id-vijay-on-thalaivaa-issue-thalaivaa-ban-14-08-13425.htm

I don have access to audio currently... Can you please give the gist of it?

VinodKumar's
14th August 2013, 06:27 PM
He is completely broken :(.

CEDYBLUE
14th August 2013, 06:29 PM
1. Because of threats/letters from unknown/unidentified persons two days before release to theater owners, the movie had to be stopped in TN
2. The whole unit is shaken/shocked
3. The unit is trying to meet AMMA and hopeful of meeting soon. Pinning hopes on AMMA for resolving the issue at the earliest
4. Because of the issues that occurred in the 11th hour, there was no possibility of stopping the releases outside TN
5. Requests not to watch the movie in DVD's
6. Requests to remain patient and hopes the movie to be released in a day or two

CEDYBLUE
14th August 2013, 06:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-Mkw_IWxg&feature=youtu.be

VinodKumar's
14th August 2013, 06:38 PM
last few secs .. tears in eyes ...

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 06:44 PM
He is completely down. :(

He needs to stay away from SAC for some period.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2013, 07:26 PM
:cry: THALAIVAA...

Un Ratham En Ratham Vaere Illai !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2013, 07:29 PM
Udhaynidhi ennamo periya :curse: ***** :curse: madhiri Vijay Sir dhaan ennoda thirai payanatha vilakku ethi vechaarunu pesuraan. Ippo avanoda Aadhalaal Kaadhal Seiveer padam vaera release panraan. Oru respect koduthu release pannamma irukkalaam. Now many screens filled with this movie. Indirectly affecting the film's release !

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VbDfOo1sdKc#at=30

Shanker
14th August 2013, 08:19 PM
I couldn't bear to watch it. :(

abhi_d
14th August 2013, 08:36 PM
By seeing Vijay's speech I am disheartened. He his completely broken and clueless.

Hope the issue is solved ASAP and the movie releases soon. I wish THALAIVAA becomes a blockbuster in TN.

Vijay we learned the lesson hard way. Everyone knows what I mean. Please make sure to avoid those things in future.

We are always there for you. We love you soooo much. Take care.

cittu
14th August 2013, 08:44 PM
Thalaiva will be super duper hit in TN. I love you Vijayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

joe
14th August 2013, 08:57 PM
Udhaynidhi ennamo periya :curse: ***** :curse: madhiri Vijay Sir dhaan ennoda thirai payanatha vilakku ethi vechaarunu pesuraan. Ippo avanoda Aadhalaal Kaadhal Seiveer padam vaera release panraan. Oru respect koduthu release pannamma irukkalaam. Now many screens filled with this movie. Indirectly affecting the film's release !

After seeing vijay's statement video ,I really feel sad and pity for him ...But when i see the hypocracy like this ,I feet ..ungalukku venunda.
போன ஆட்சியில காலமெல்லாம் ஜால்ரா போட்டீங்க .. அப்புறம் ஏதோ ஒரு சில தியெட்டர்களில் பிரச்சனை என்றதும் ..என்னமோ அது தான் மக்கலின் ஜீவாதார பிரச்சனை என்கிறது மாதிரி .. இதுக்காகவே கருணாநிதி ஆட்சி போகணும்ன்னு உதார் விட்டு அந்த அம்மாக்கு ஜால்ரா போட்டீங்க ..இன்னிக்கு எங்கியோ பேசுன நாலு வார்த்தைய வச்சுகிட்டு அந்தம்மா படத்தையே முடக்கிப் போட்டிருக்கு .. எதிர்த்து ஒரு வார்த்தை சொல்ல வக்கில்ல ..நடுங்கிப்போய் இன்னும் அம்மா புகழ்பாடுறீங்க ..ஊருக்கே தெரியும் யார் காரணமுண்னு .. அந்த கெழவனா இருந்தா உங்கள மதித்து கூப்பிட்டு பேசியிருப்பாரு .ஆனால் அப்படி பட்டவங்க கிட்ட தான் உங்க உதார காட்டுவீங்க ..இப்போ ஆட்சி-க்கு நாங்களும் அணில் போல உழைச்சோம்-ன்னு நீங்களா சொல்லிக்கிட்டாலும் அந்தம்மா உங்களை பார்க்க கூட அனுமதிக்கல்ல ..அதுக்கே வீடியோ விட்டு கெஞ்சுறீங்க .. இப்பவும் உங்க உதார்-லாம் மறுபக்கம் மீது தான் . உதயநிதி ஸ்டாலின் ரெஸ்பெக்ட் குடுத்து தியேட்டர் குடுக்கணும் .,.இல்லைண்னா திட்டுவீங்க ..படத்தையே முடக்கி போட்டுருக்கவங்கள பத்தி மூச் ..நல்லா இருக்கு சார் உங்க வீரமும் யோக்கியதையும்

Dammy R
14th August 2013, 09:02 PM
This is completely disheartening. His voice speaks volumes of pain and agony. Whatever the reason. ..I think no film star should go through this. This is the 2nd instance this year. Films should be only viewed as a medium of entertainment and nothing more. I think we, as Vijay fans, should and will ensure the movie becomes a huge hit whenever it releases. Fans from Bangalore and Kerala should go to TN and watch it again whenever it comes out... I am going to do my bit by doing so.

pistha
14th August 2013, 09:09 PM
After seeing vijay's statement video ,I really feel sad and pity for him ...But when i see the hypocracy like this ,I feet ..ungalukku venunda.
போன ஆட்சியில காலமெல்லாம் ஜால்ரா போட்டீங்க .. அப்புறம் ஏதோ ஒரு சில தியெட்டர்களில் பிரச்சனை என்றதும் ..என்னமோ அது தான் மக்கலின் ஜீவாதார பிரச்சனை என்கிறது மாதிரி .. இதுக்காகவே கருணாநிதி ஆட்சி போகணும்ன்னு உதார் விட்டு அந்த அம்மாக்கு ஜால்ரா போட்டீங்க ..இன்னிக்கு எங்கியோ பேசுன நாலு வார்த்தைய வச்சுகிட்டு அந்தம்மா படத்தையே முடக்கிப் போட்டிருக்கு .. எதிர்த்து ஒரு வார்த்தை சொல்ல வக்கில்ல ..நடுங்கிப்போய் இன்னும் அம்மா புகழ்பாடுறீங்க ..ஊருக்கே தெரியும் யார் காரணமுண்னு .. அந்த கெழவனா இருந்தா உங்கள மதித்து கூப்பிட்டு பேசியிருப்பாரு .ஆனால் அப்படி பட்டவங்க கிட்ட தான் உங்க உதார காட்டுவீங்க ..இப்போ ஆட்சி-க்கு நாங்களும் அணில் போல உழைச்சோம்-ன்னு நீங்களா சொல்லிக்கிட்டாலும் அந்தம்மா உங்களை பார்க்க கூட அனுமதிக்கல்ல ..அதுக்கே வீடியோ விட்டு கெஞ்சுறீங்க .. இப்பவும் உங்க உதார்-லாம் மறுபக்கம் மீது தான் . உதயநிதி ஸ்டாலின் ரெஸ்பெக்ட் குடுத்து தியேட்டர் குடுக்கணும் .,.இல்லைண்னா திட்டுவீங்க ..படத்தையே முடக்கி போட்டுருக்கவங்கள பத்தி மூச் ..நல்லா இருக்கு சார் உங்க வீரமும் யோக்கியதையும்

Nethi Adi, Joe Very good reply.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2013, 09:26 PM
Naan Onnum Amma vukko alladhu Thaathaavukko jaalra poda maataen... Engal Thalapathikku mattum dhaan ennoda Jaalraas ellaam pogum... Yezhundhaalum Veezhndhaalum always Vijayism. It was just so dishonest seeing Udhay releasing his production venture when he says Vijay sir dhaan enakku pizhayaar suli pottu koduthathu & all that....

selvamohankumar
14th August 2013, 09:29 PM

When DMK was ruling, vijay was tried to be suppressed, he reacted by joining the opposition hand..

Now in ADMK rule the same thing happens and he tries to convince the same hand he holded, rather than going back to DMK even though he was extended support from KK.

He is at least in this situation good on his stand rather than a actor who said nobody can save tamilnadu if JJ comes to rule in 1996 election and later voted for her.

When vishwaroopam was in trouble had anyone posted this kind of replies in kamal thread, many MAYYAM Saviors would have come down to fight. Now its vijay and every keeps quite and funny part one person comes down to says nethi adi.

Kamal padathuku issue na Republic country, reprivate country la pesuvinga! athey when it comes to vijay why this much hate.. Don say vijay fans are making u talk these, most of the vijay fans arent matured enough to understand what they talk, ningalam than pala varusham experience ullavangala, so if someone is desperate about a problem and they are talking nonsense na just let it go as they are doing it out of desperate situation they are in(this is what is defined as matured act).

If you have watched vijay's video and felt bad u would have not definitely gave such a reply..u are being on the happier note since movie landed into issue, i could see quite a few replies in the past few pages.

everybody points - the mistake vijay did was his interest in politics?. Again its anybody's, everybody's freedom to have interest in politics, atha vittutu ungaluku ithu thevaya? intha mari kelvi lam vendam.

Dammy R
14th August 2013, 09:41 PM
Guys...pls this isn't the time for mudslinging. For people who are not Vijay fans...we do not expect or ask for support but pls do not post provocative statements at this juncture as it will only lead to unnecessary debates. Let's just think of this as a larger issue to the film industry...as it can happen to anyone in future. Let's maintain some decorum and be calm in supporting Vijay.

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 09:42 PM
This is not produced by Vijay.
Other heroes would have moved to next project leaving it to producer.
Thats Vijay.

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 09:51 PM

Stupidity. Kamal also begged veedu pochu kaadu pochu ... his own money and had media support too. So it means he doesnt have guts?
Vijay doing all to benefit producer. He has nothing to loose. That too without any media support. So all media in India cowards?
Ruling party with administration like Jaya matha actorsna kodi pidichu nipanganu soldreengala?? :lol:

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 10:00 PM
Nethi Adi, Joe Very good reply.
Mr.Rajini fan, dont forget the past :wave:

joe
14th August 2013, 10:01 PM
தம்பிகளா,
செல்வமோகன் குமார் சொன்னது மாதிரி நொந்து போயிருக்கிற நேரத்தில் மேலும் நோகடிக்க விரும்பல்ல.

ஆனா கமல்ஹாசனோடு நீங்கள் ஒப்பிட்டுக்கொண்டு மீண்டும் காமெடி செய்யாதீர்கள் ..கமல்ஹாசன் படத்தில் அரசியல் உதார் விடுவதில்லை என்பதும் எந்த சூழ்நிலையிலும் கமல்ஹாசனின் நோக்கம் அரசியல் இல்லை என்பதும் மிகவும் உறுதியாக எல்லோருக்கும் தெரியும் அளவுக்கு அவர் நடந்து கொண்டதால் அவரின் அங்கலாய்ப்புக்கு ஆதரவு கிடைத்தது .மேலும் தனது படத்தை யார் தடுக்கிறார்கள் ,என்ன காரணம் என்பது குறித்து அவரே அவ்வப்போது தெளிவாக மக்களுக்கு சொல்லி வந்தார் . எல்லாவற்றுக்கும் மேலாக ஒற்றை வரியில் சொல்லிவிடலாம் .. மக்களின் ஜீவாதார பிரச்சனைகள் பற்றி கூட விளக்கம் கொடுக்க பத்திரிகையாளர்களை சந்திக்கும் வழக்கம் இல்லாத மகாராணி இறங்கி வந்து விஸ்வரூம் பட பிரச்சனை குறித்து விளக்கம் கொடுக்க வேண்டியிருந்தது .

எனவே சந்தடி சாக்கில் மலையையும் மடுவையும் ஒப்பிட வேண்டாம்.

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 10:03 PM
When DMK was ruling, vijay was tried to be suppressed, he reacted by joining the opposition hand..

Now in ADMK rule the same thing happens and he tries to convince the same hand he holded, rather than going back to DMK even though he was extended support from KK.

He is at least in this situation good on his stand rather than a actor who said nobody can save tamilnadu if JJ comes to rule in 1996 election and later voted for her.

When vishwaroopam was in trouble had anyone posted this kind of replies in kamal thread, many MAYYAM Saviors would have come down to fight. Now its vijay and every keeps quite and funny part one person comes down to says nethi adi.

Kamal padathuku issue na Republic country, reprivate country la pesuvinga! athey when it comes to vijay why this much hate.. Don say vijay fans are making u talk these, most of the vijay fans arent matured enough to understand what they talk, ningalam than pala varusham experience ullavangala, so if someone is desperate about a problem and they are talking nonsense na just let it go as they are doing it out of desperate situation they are in(this is what is defined as matured act).

If you have watched vijay's video and felt bad u would have not definitely gave such a reply..u are being on the happier note since movie landed into issue, i could see quite a few replies in the past few pages.

everybody points - the mistake vijay did was his interest in politics?. Again its anybody's, everybody's freedom to have interest in politics, atha vittutu ungaluku ithu thevaya? intha mari kelvi lam vendam.

Mr.Rajini fan, dont forget the past :wave:

y pull thalaivar rajini leg now? yenpa onum mudiyalaya? :notthatway:

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 10:05 PM
Typical Jaya hater making use of opportunity.
Apadi political interestae ilathavar directavae solli irukalamae :huh:

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 10:07 PM

U can better keep it within ajith thread. Wat u r trying now. Bring in Rajini fans for more trouble? :sigh2:

If he has anything let him respond ... u better :shhh:

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 10:14 PM
U can better keep it within ajith thread. Wat u r trying now. Bring in Rajini fans for more trouble? :sigh2:

If he has anything let him respond ... u better :shhh:

Hello brother dont think by user id i am a ajith fan only i more known as thalaivar veriyan! better you :shhh: and i respond because you all coz drag thalaivars name here.. y you guys always compare/pull other actors when you are in troublesome ... i know you all in pain but do not compare and pull other actors here :hammer: thanitanmai venum ethelliyum ..

joe
14th August 2013, 10:17 PM
Typical Jaya hater
If you are referring me , I am proud to be one ..Nothing mazhuppal.

selvamohankumar
14th August 2013, 10:18 PM

I never mentioned Rajini anywhere, see my post!!! If what i said circles to him, then u are accepting that he did, if so nothing to complain on me!!

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 10:23 PM
Hello brother dont think by user id i am a ajith fan only i more known as thalaivar veriyan! better you :shhh: and i respond because you all coz drag thalaivars name here.. y you guys always compare/pull other actors when you are in troublesome ... i know you all in pain but do not compare and pull other actors here :hammer: thanitanmai venum ethelliyum ..
I am also asking other fans to stay away from this.
So if he has something, let him respond. U can better mind ur business. I dont think i have posted anything wrong abt rajini (Even i am fan of rajini).
So dont project things in different way for ur stupid benefit u are trying for :wave:

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 10:24 PM

i am refer to your post above :?:. we understand your situation but pls dont drag rajini or kamal for any concern. just my request !

BM
14th August 2013, 10:24 PM
BM,

I didnt want to reply to your posts as I have a respect for some Ajith fans, which also includes you and I thought it was some kinda retaliation from your side towards some Vijay fan's action during B2 release.

Kavalan, was not a huge Box office success, like a Thuppakki. But still it ended a disastrous run for Vijay. And it also was a break-even considering the shoestring budget. Even the internet pandits who used to ridicule the Vijay brand masalas, appreciated his performance in the film and that paved way for many big directors to think of casting Vijay in their films. FYI, Maniratnam was impressed seeing Kavalan and he wanted Vijay to play the lead in Ponniyin Selvan, which was eventually shelved for more than one reason.

In spite of the biggest names in TN, 7A ended up with almost the same numbers with Vela. Here, again the selling point was only Vijay. And Vela is not even an above average film, storywise. Vijay, in an ordinary masala entertainer guarantees the producer's investment is returned. Aascar Ravi has got Vijay's call sheet for a late 2014 movie already.

Nanban, was made around a budget of 50+ crores, with bulk of it going towards Vijay and Shankar's bank accounts. Let us assume the film netted only 28 C from theatricals (which I am not sure because the film had a houseful run in TN for a month). But still we'l stick to the 28C. Satellite rights, Telugu revenue and other revenues from sponsors like Dokomo shud easily go past the 50 C mark, which means it has atleast broke even. And the same sify and other reports included Nanban in the hits of the year while the film which amassed 40 C didn't feature in the list. And the film's budget would've been much lesser as the only big name was Ajith and to some extent U1. May be they forgot. If you find any report which calls B2 a hit, you are welcome to share.

Its not about proving who's big here. Everyone has an USP. If Ajith has opening as his forte, Vijay has a decent opening which is spread across countries with Tamil speaking population. Eg: Check the Malay,UK,US BO top ten grossers. All will have Vijay films.

Dear Ajay, i regret to very few vijay fans here including you, if my posts irk/hurt them, my intention is not to hurt them.

As u accepted kavalan is just a breakeven even with that small budget and nil MG, not even in the range of vettaikaran or Sura in terms of collection in TN or Overseas, where Vijay is strong. I do not want to dig it further as you accepted.
Regarding Ponniyin Selvan, one of the main reason to shelve was Mani's doctors warned him as he is already a heart patient.

For nanban (also for kavalan), since those are vijay's films, sify at least gave a spot in their hitlist with a break even verdict. Many don't enjoy this hit list and good wom review luxury from sify. After vijay's nanban success meet with press and announced it surpassed enthiran in tamil nadu, many sites started to write that it is going to collect 100 cr. This happened till Film News Anandan came in to picture and clarified that the reality is not as they projected and he has theatre wise collection report ( to shut Anandan’s mouth for future movies propaganda, he was invited as a chief guest in thuppaki audio launch to receive the first CD. That’s a diff story altogether). Later Sify also confirmed nanban bo in their half yearly report and year end list. Kumudham also mentioned the same tn theatre collection. So claiming 4 continuous blockbusters is a deliberate propaganda from everybody of the concerned side.

Back to thalaivaa.
Watched the movie.
Each time I think vijay films can’t get any worse. He proved me wrong with a new one. Now thalaiva joins that elite list. Not even a single engaging moment. Dir vijay wants to show vijay in 3 avatars and saves the last one for the best to make sure audience have enough laughs and leave the hall with a smiling face. Thalaiva, AL Vijay’s version of Sura.

BM
14th August 2013, 10:27 PM
http://news.vikatan.com/article.php?module=news&aid=18267

துரோகம் செய்த நடிகர் விஜய்யின் நிலையை பார்த்தீர்களா? ஆர்.எஸ்.பாரதி பேச்சால் பரபரப்பு

சென்னை: தி.மு.க ஆட்சிக்கு வரக்கூடாது என்று பாடுபட்ட நடிகர் விஜய்யும், அவரது தந்தையும், தற்போது படமே வெளிவர முடியாத அளவிற்கு அல்லல் படுகின்றனர் என்ற தி.மு.க சட்டத்துறை செயலாளர் ஆர்.எஸ்.பாரதியின் பேச்சால் பரபரப்பு ஏற்பட்டுள்ளது.

பா.ம.க. முன்னாள் எம்.எல்.ஏ. மூர்த்தி கட்சியிலிருந்து விலகி தி.மு.க.வில் இணையும் விழா நேற்று மறைமலை நகரில் நடந்தது. தி.மு.க. பொருளாளர் ஸ்டாலின் தலைமையில் இந்த விழா நடைபெற்றது.

விழாவில் பேசிய தி.மு.க சட்டத்துறை செயலாளர் ஆர்.எஸ்.பாரதி, "கடந்த சட்டமன்ற தேர்தலில் நாம் ஆட்சியை விட்டு இறங்க வேண்டும் என்று யார் யாரெல்லாம் குரல் கொடுத்தார்களோ, அவர்களெல்லாம் இன்றைக்கு எந்த கதிக்கு ஆளாகியிருக்கின்றார்கள் என்பதை தமிழகம் பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருக்கின்றது.

சினிமாக்காரர்கள் எல்லாம் ஒன்று சேர்ந்து நம்மை எதிர்த்து பிரச்சாரம் செய்தார்கள். குறிப்பாக நடிகர் விஜய்யும், அவர் தந்தை எஸ்.ஏ.சந்திரசேகரும் தி.மு.க ஆட்சிக்கு வரக்கூடாது என்று பாடுபட்டார்கள். ஆனால் அவர்கள் படமே வெளிவர முடியாத அளவிற்கு அல்லல் பட்டுக்கொண்டிருக்கின்றார்கள். தி.மு.க.விற்கு எவன் துரோகம் செய்தாலும் அவனுக்கு இந்த கதிதான்" என்றார்.

BM
14th August 2013, 10:27 PM
Thalaivaa Review - Ananda Vikatan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJkNxvSOsUc

BM
14th August 2013, 10:28 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/2irqgc7.jpg

CEDYBLUE
14th August 2013, 10:30 PM
Joe Anna,

Vijay has flirted with danger right from his early days through his association with political parties and as you rightly say, Kalaigner would have atleast given Vijay a chance to explain his stance, which JJ seems to be so vehemently rejecting.

When the doors with DMK seemed to be closing, Vijay found solace at the hands of AIDMK which helped him release Kavalan.

As i have been saying for a long time, Vijay is too young and inexperienced for Political games and now with this issue, i sincerely hope he puts a definitive end to his flirting. He is only 39 and people at this age are allowed to learn from their mistakes and I am sure Vijay will learn his.

SAC is a proud dad and he should/will keep his pride to himself from now on.

The good thing though is that Vijay's filmy career is on an all-time high. Forget, about politics, Vijay has hardly looked more secure/confident on screen. His choice of scripts/directors/technicians are all top-notch now and no-matter what happens with Thalaivaa, Vijay has the ability to bounce back quick.

So Vijay fans should just wait.

It is also not surprising to see some people use this opportunity to pull Vijay further down.

Every big star in this business have made mistakes and are wiser now. People who come in and 'smiley' at Vijay now here should remember past instances where they were ducking/running for cover to defend/support their favorite star's misdemeanor/loud mouthing. There was a time when they were cursing the producers, directors, politicians and media for typecasting/targeting their favorite star. It might not be long before the tables turn again.

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 10:31 PM
I am also asking other fans to stay away from this.
So if he has something, let him respond. U can better mind ur business. I dont think i have posted anything wrong abt rajini (Even i am fan of rajini).
So dont project things in different way for ur stupid benefit u are trying for :wave:

we staying away but dont create cheap drama by saying rajini fan and drag his name here :notthatway: better mind your words before posting here. lets stop drag other actors name here :evil:

Arun555
14th August 2013, 10:32 PM
Joe Sir,

If you dont mind...Ippadi kai valeeka post pandreenga.....ithu naala ungalukke enna aagapooguthu.........

Neega work pandra edathula issue na odanee vaa thaam thoomtu peessuveenga,Vera velai kedaikkattu appuram paakuranda tu silenta antha situation la escape aggittu ...Veera velai kedacha piragu unga velaya kaatuveenga(Its for example dont say i am doing BUSINESS tu). atthu maree thaan ippavum.....

Neegalum kai valeeka post pannittu irkeeenga y coz ungalukku vijay intha level ku vanthu ttaretu...Even RAJANI,KAMAL(Sry to mention abt other starts) they r the seniors in the cinema industry,Avunga naalayee onnum pluck panna mudiyala....Vijay is upcoming star appo ivar enna panna mudiyum.....Vijay ippadi pesurarna coz of producer....Ivaru ethuvemey peesama irukkalam....Thanna vechu panam pootu padam edutha producer kaga peesurar......

Neega oru senior Hubber......Ippadi low level ku irangi neega post pannalam......unga meela hub members vechu irukkura respect ellam enna agarathu.....

Naanum thaan old hubber i post rarely.....Sanda vantha i ill move r ill be silent..But neega vaaggadaaa tuu ellaraiyum kupudareenga......ALL THE BEST.....

But as u said all ill know what is the issue and by whom...Even VIJAY is speaking like this coz its all in the game.......Still game has not completed........if u r matured u ill understand that.....HOPE U WONT MISTAKE ME Bro......

Arun555
14th August 2013, 10:43 PM
ALWAR_AJITH,BM.......

See 1st unga post taa aapadi yeee ditto va chnage panni....Release aaga poora AARAMBAM ,mATRUM VEERAM padathukku post panna neega eppdai feel pannuveenga......

Neega kaatura aathey mugatha thaan Vijay fans sum kaatuvaaga....Vijay already given hits....THUPPAKI mega hit...But neega innu valathuttu then u post about vijay.....Ippadi cheap paa behave pannatheenga........Even Ajith kooda kandippa vijay koopittu peesirupparu...But ungala maathuree sadiest people naala thaan intha prachanaiyee....

Even u r posting u r views ippo nelama sariyaa illatha naalam neega laavathu just move out of here.....Neegalum ippadi prachana pannu enna pandrathu..Think and Act.....

VinodKumar's
14th August 2013, 10:44 PM
Joe annae,

Intha situation la what are you expecting from VJ ? To speak against Jayalailtha ? Go back to Karunanidhi ? Everyone here understands that he has been paying huge price for his/his father's political interest. His career and producer's huge money are at stake now. He now has to find the way to release the movie. Like many VJ fans I am also not interested much in his political interest. But last few days made me to rethink it. As an Indian citizen what's wrong in his interest ? Why Dravidar kalagams are worried in his political interest ?

CEDYBLUE
14th August 2013, 10:46 PM
Joe annae,

Intha situation la what are you expecting from VJ ? To speak against Jayalailtha ? Go back to Karunanidhi ? Everyone here understands that he has been paying huge price for his/his father's political interest. His career and producer's huge money are at stake now. He now has to find the way to release the movie. Like many VJ fans I am also not interested much in his political interest. But last few days made me to rethink it. As an Indian citizen what's wrong in his interest ? Why Dravidar kalagams are worried in his political interest ?

Eye opener, seriously.

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 10:51 PM
we staying away but dont create cheap drama by saying rajini fan and drag his name here :notthatway: better mind your words before posting here. lets stop drag other actors name here :evil:

:shhh: :wave:

ALWAR_AJITH
14th August 2013, 10:54 PM
ALWAR_AJITH,BM.......

See 1st unga post taa aapadi yeee ditto va chnage panni....Release aaga poora AARAMBAM ,mATRUM VEERAM padathukku post panna neega eppdai feel pannuveenga......

Neega kaatura aathey mugatha thaan Vijay fans sum kaatuvaaga....Vijay already given hits....THUPPAKI mega hit...But neega innu valathuttu then u post about vijay.....Ippadi cheap paa behave pannatheenga........Even Ajith kooda kandippa vijay koopittu peesirupparu...But ungala maathuree sadiest people naala thaan intha prachanaiyee....

Even u r posting u r views ippo nelama sariyaa illatha naalam neega laavathu just move out of here.....Neegalum ippadi prachana pannu enna pandrathu..Think and Act.....

bro nothing personal or hurt anyone feelings :cool: . just bit tensed see thalaivars name here. this situation shouldn’t happen to any actors/ films. I don’t knw why politicians interest in banned films more than concentrate people issues. Anyhow wish the film superhit in TN untill than :wave:

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 10:59 PM
Each time I think vijay films can’t get any worse. He proved me wrong with a new one. Now thalaiva joins that elite list. Not even a single engaging moment. Dir vijay wants to show vijay in 3 avatars and saves the last one for the best to make sure audience have enough laughs and leave the hall with a smiling face. Thalaiva, AL Vijay’s version of Sura.

Sir neenga unga thala performanace paarunga aparam inga think pannalaam.
50 films 2 hit cont.. kuduka vakila, inga vanthu paechu.
Yaenda ungalukulaam vekamae kedayatha?? :rotfl:

joe
14th August 2013, 11:01 PM
cedyblue, Vinod,
Thanks guys for your matured replies.

I don't expect Vijay wage a war against JJ ,But I am surprised by the double standards of even some fans ..இந்த நாட்டுல தான் தோன்றி தனத்தையும் , ஆணவத்தையும் அப்படியே உறுதி , திறமை-ன்னு பாராட்ட ஒரு கூட்டம் இருக்கது தான் ஜெயா போன்றவர்கள் இத்தனை ஆடுறதுக்கு காரணம் .கருணாநிதியை என்ன திட்டினாலும் ஒண்னும் பெருசா ஆயிடாது , ஆனால் ஜெயாவை பற்றி வாய் திறந்தால் ஆப்பு சொருகப்படும் என்பதால் என்ன வேண்டுமென்றாலும் பேசலாம் (அதிலும் இந்த மன்றத்தில் கருணாநிதியை மட்டும் எவ்வளவு வேண்டுமென்றாலும் திட்டலாம் என்பது எழுதபடாத சுதந்திரம்) . அரசியல் அதிகாரத்தை பயன்படுத்தி ஒரு படத்தை முடக்கிப் போட்டுவிட்டு எவனால் என்ன செய்ய முடியும் என அந்தம்மா கொக்கரிக்கிறார்கள் .அதைப்பற்றி சின்ன முணுமுணுப்பு கூட இல்லை .ஆனால் வெளிவராத படத்துக்கு ரெஸ்பெக்ட் குடுத்து இவர் தன்படத்தை வெலியிடாமல் இருக்கல்லிண்னா கெட்ட வார்த்தையை ######## போட்டு மட்டும் திட்டுவாங்களாம் ..இந்த பச்சை சந்தர்ப்பவாதம் மட்டுமே என்னை எதிர்வினையாற்ற தூண்டியது .

மற்றபடி ஒரு நடிகராக விஜய்க்கு நான் ரசிகன் இல்லையே தவிர பலரைப் போல நான் விஜயை வெறுப்பவனோ தூற்றுபவனோ அல்ல .

உங்கள் புரிந்துணர்வுக்கு நன்றி .Bye

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2013, 11:07 PM
Oru ***** use pannadhukka ivlo akka poru. Was just expressing my feelings. Innum ethana paer manasu kullayae thittikittu iruppaangalo !

In my view for a person lyk Udhay who says Vj is 1st to me and has given me life in cinema,shud atleast support when his film is in trouble. Bringing his film to wash out the screens of thalaivaa is not a gud move. His move is bringing raging comments all over in social media but here Mr.Joe is kinda provoked by it. Suprising !

Kumaran.P
14th August 2013, 11:08 PM
Feeling sad after watching that video. Thalaivaa dont worry hope all the issues end well and movie releases soon here...

Kumaran.P
14th August 2013, 11:10 PM
sri50: Thalaivaa issue - Let us hope the matter will b sorted out at the earliest & people will come in thousands 2 watch it in the big screen.

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 11:12 PM
பெங்களூரில் சூப்பர் ஹிட் ஆன ‪#‎தலைவா‬ !! :victory::notworthy:

தமிழகத்தில்தான் தலைவா படத்துக்கு தடை. ஆனால் பெங்களூரில் படம் பிய்த்துக் கொண்டு போகிறதாம். தமிழக ரசிகர்களும் பெருமளவில் ரசிகர்கள் கூட்டம் கூட்டமாக வந்து பார்க்கிறார்களாம். பெங்களூர் பாக்ஸ் ஆபீஸில் படம் ஹிட்டாகி விட்டதாக கூறப்படுகிறது. படத்திற்கு நல்ல கூட்டம் வருவதால் பிற படங்களை தூக்கி விட்டு தலைவா படத்தைப் போட்டு வருகிறார்களாம் தியேட்டர் உரிமையாளர்கள். தலைவா படத்தை தமிழர்கள் மட்டுமல்லாமல் கன்னடர்களும் கூட வந்து பார்க்கிறார்கள் என்று தியேட்டர் உரிமையாளர்கள் கூறுகிறார்கள்.

CEDYBLUE
14th August 2013, 11:14 PM
BM and others:

I really don't know what happened during Billa 2 or whichever movie you are referring to.

But, i think you have chosen the wrong moment for retaliation. Like Billa 2 or any other movie, you should allow Thalaivaa the liberty/leeway to first release. Then you can reserve your celebrations if/after it fails in the box office.

Russellgdn
Wordwide openinng weekend collection excluding TN :smokesmirk:

Kumaran.P
Dhayanidhi Alagiri @ dhayaalagiri :
really sad after watching Ilayathalapathy Vijay's speech... I know what kinda effort the whole unit puts in making a movie !

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:16 PM
Feeling Sad for Vijay :(
Waiting badly for the movie

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 11:20 PM
Dhayanidhi Alagiri @ dhayaalagiri :
really sad after watching Ilayathalapathy Vijay's speech... I know what kinda effort the whole unit puts in making a movie !

As long as this group support us it will create more ego problem

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:23 PM
Thalaiva 3 days kerala gross 3.29 cr :smokesmirk:

Kumaran.P
14th August 2013, 11:25 PM
Santosh Sivan : Its sad that a films release is postponed! Hope everything gets settled soon! Since there is so much effort of so many talented people!

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:28 PM
though film did not realese in TN wherever it got released its doing super good :notworthy::2thumbsup: ..i m so sure that it will do well even in TN and all over the world :victory: ..i donno know why some people already talking about the result of the movie when its not released in TN :roll:..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2013, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the Hub Lokee !

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:33 PM
Thank You Kumar :)

Russellgdn
14th August 2013, 11:33 PM
Madhavan : I really hope the ‪#‎Thalaivaaissue‬ is sorted out and film opens to a huge opening.. I am sure the film will be a bumper hit. Well Vijay is one of da nicest guys I know, n I am sure all will B fantastic with him soon. Will pray 4 him n da film. ‪#‎Thalaivaa‬

but guts of lead actors :lol: :notworthy:

19thmay
14th August 2013, 11:34 PM
what Mu.Ka or JJ doing is to bring another actor to rule TN...no no no...no sister...!!

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:36 PM
Ilayathalapathy Vijay : I never said that, my film will be super hit eventhough it comes out very well. On hearing the feedback from various people who had seen the film, now i can assure that the ‪#‎Thalaivaa‬ will be liked by everyone. :-D

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:41 PM
Mass Still :smokesmirk:

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:46 PM
Tamil movie Thalaivaa did not release in Tamil Nadu for some reasons. But it hit the screens in other states including Karnataka and other parts of the world without any hurdle. The Kollywood movie has got a wonderful start at the Box Office. More importantly, it rocked at the Bangalore Box Office in spite of facing a tough competition from other releases. :victory::bow:As the movie did not release in Tamil Nadu, fans of Vijay were forced to go to other states to watch Thalaivaa. The prime destination for the people from Chennai, Hosur and border regions were Bangalore. Hence, the movie got an earth-shattering response in this part of the world. In the Garden City, the film was released in above 26 screens.

We spoke to a few fans at some theatres and multiplexes. A fan named Aditya said, "We are very disappointed because our star Vijay's Thalaivaa was not released in Tamil Nadu. I always make sure that I watch the Vijay movies on the release day. But this time, I could not see his flick on the first day. Hence, I decided to come down to Bangalore."

A fan named Ramya claims, "When I realised that Thalaivaa was not releasing in Tamil Nadu, instead of wasting time, I came to Bangalore . I had a wonderful time watching the movie here.

Read more at: http://entertainment.oneindia.in/kannada/news/2013/vijay-thalaivaa-bangalore-box-office-116969.html

19thmay
14th August 2013, 11:47 PM
தம்பிகளா,
செல்வமோகன் குமார் சொன்னது மாதிரி நொந்து போயிருக்கிற நேரத்தில் மேலும் நோகடிக்க விரும்பல்ல.

ஆனா கமல்ஹாசனோடு நீங்கள் ஒப்பிட்டுக்கொண்டு மீண்டும் காமெடி செய்யாதீர்கள் ..கமல்ஹாசன் படத்தில் அரசியல் உதார் விடுவதில்லை என்பதும் எந்த சூழ்நிலையிலும் கமல்ஹாசனின் நோக்கம் அரசியல் இல்லை என்பதும் மிகவும் உறுதியாக எல்லோருக்கும் தெரியும் அளவுக்கு அவர் நடந்து கொண்டதால் அவரின் அங்கலாய்ப்புக்கு ஆதரவு கிடைத்தது .மேலும் தனது படத்தை யார் தடுக்கிறார்கள் ,என்ன காரணம் என்பது குறித்து அவரே அவ்வப்போது தெளிவாக மக்களுக்கு சொல்லி வந்தார் . எல்லாவற்றுக்கும் மேலாக ஒற்றை வரியில் சொல்லிவிடலாம் .. மக்களின் ஜீவாதார பிரச்சனைகள் பற்றி கூட விளக்கம் கொடுக்க பத்திரிகையாளர்களை சந்திக்கும் வழக்கம் இல்லாத மகாராணி இறங்கி வந்து விஸ்வரூம் பட பிரச்சனை குறித்து விளக்கம் கொடுக்க வேண்டியிருந்தது .

எனவே சந்தடி சாக்கில் மலையையும் மடுவையும் ஒப்பிட வேண்டாம்.

Pona aatchila Ajith, Mu.Ka munnadi mozhangunappo ellarum avaroda bravery-a paathu inga mozhangunaanga...But avaruku perusa damage aagala...But ippo?

Nothing against Vj / Aj fans, but light-a trolley backward......

Russellfws
14th August 2013, 11:54 PM
After Movie releases in TN, all people who intentionally blabber wrong about the movie and wants to bring vijay down will become mum for sure :yes:

Russellgdn
15th August 2013, 12:00 AM
Pona aatchila Ajith, Mu.Ka munnadi mozhangunappo ellarum avaroda bravery-a paathu inga mozhangunaanga...But avaruku perusa damage aagala...But ippo?

Anga adichu enna use?
Mothalayae ipo aponu oosal adittu iruku.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGg95ug7bB4

:rotfl: Veeeeeram :clap:

19thmay
15th August 2013, 12:34 AM
Nothing to :rotfl: here .... Of course he had guts to speak against adi podi's in front of ex-cm. Having said that, at the end of the day compromise aananugale? Inga andha flexibility-ku vaaipu kammi.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 12:38 AM
BO Mojo releases last week's collection reports of some movies. Thalaivaa not there. They'll add up next week as like Singam 2 which they similarly missed in 1st weekend of it's run.

Parthyy
15th August 2013, 12:54 AM
Mr Rajaruud aka ragu18 Y unnecessarily giving opportunities to poke/make fun of already bleeding blood by ur Aravekkaadu provoking post as always.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 01:04 AM
Ennadhu Rajaruud aa ??

:) :) Been a Long Time....

Between what's in that video that u posted ?

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 01:11 AM
Release Thalaivaa - Tamil Movie With NO Trouble (http://www.activism.com/en_IN/petition/release-thalaivaa-tamil-movie-with-no-trouble/44891)

Some petition prepared by online fans. Spreading awareness to release Thalaivaa !!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 01:15 AM
\\ Dig

Don't know where to post this

Happy Independance Day !!

http://www.vijayfansclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Thuppakki-50th-Day-Poster.jpg

\\ End of Dig

GSV
15th August 2013, 03:05 AM
Nadakardhellam adhula thaan poi muidyum pola.. Patha vechutingale Parents..

Russellgdn
15th August 2013, 07:22 AM
Mr Rajaruud aka ragu18 Y unnecessarily giving opportunities to poke/make fun of already bleeding blood by ur Aravekkaadu provoking post as always.

if u have anything to post do it rather than ur stupid comments here. Provoking pathi yaar paesaradhu vevastha ilama pochu :banghead:

Russellgdn
15th August 2013, 07:26 AM
Nothing to :rotfl: here .... Of course he had guts to speak against adi podi's in front of ex-cm. Having said that, at the end of the day compromise aananugale? Inga andha flexibility-ku vaaipu kammi.

guts to speak n guts to fall in leg next day?. Oh this is called guts every individual needs? Then tell me more abt his guts, y he ran away to america when his movie got some problem in releasing in few theatres? :lol:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 09:42 AM
Vijay fans ransack VCD shop,5 Held

Five fans of actor Vijay were arrested on charges of ransacking a VCD retail shop in Aranthangi on Monday night after a scuffle that erupted over the sale of pirated ‘Thalaiva’ VCDs. Sources said, Gunasekaran of Subramaniyapuram near Aranthangi was running a VCD retail shop at Gandhipark road. On Tuesday, a fan of Vijay came asking for the VCD of ‘Thalaiva’. When Gunasekaran said that the VCD was available at his shop, he left and later returned with a group of 50 people and ransacked the shop. The group also assaulted Gunasekaran. On information, a police team rushed to the spot and arrested Jeeva, Murugaiya, Satheesh, Mohamed and Suresh.

Meanwhile, Vijay’s Fans in Tiruchy and Coimbatore petitioned the commissioners of police of their respective cities to take necessary steps to prevent the sale and circulation of pirated CD’s of movie ‘Thalaivaa’, on Tuesday. Over 100 youth, led by by RK Raja, president of Vijay fans association, submitted a petition to the Tiruchy Commissioner Sylesh Kumar Yadhav.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 09:47 AM
From Twitter ::

Santosh Sivan : Its sad that a films release is postponed! Hope everything gets settled soon! Since there is so much effort of so many talented people!

GV Prakash: Vizhundaalum vidhayaai ezhuvom !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 09:49 AM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/1003528_644997135512681_1352168201_n.png

Siv.S
15th August 2013, 11:07 AM
Thambi frustration-la irukkuthula..

Miratturangannu anga ninnuttu iruntha Puppy mas ellarukkum serthu than pesunaaru.. ippa kooda athu thaan nadanthittu irukku .. athaiyum nakkal panni thambi in damage control mode :lol2:

Kumaran.P
15th August 2013, 11:33 AM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-e.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/s720x720/1157698_505728282835085_985448845_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
15th August 2013, 11:37 AM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-frc3/s720x720/1150777_505677619506818_1750157081_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
15th August 2013, 11:38 AM
Sorry we dont celebrate things that does not exist...
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/1185019_506013376139909_1621884768_n.jpg

Russellgdn
15th August 2013, 11:41 AM
Thambi frustration-la irukkuthula..

Miratturangannu anga ninnuttu iruntha Puppy mas ellarukkum serthu than pesunaaru.. ippa kooda athu thaan nadanthittu irukku .. athaiyum nakkal panni thambi in damage control mode :lol2:

far better than ajith's veeram. We have some serious issues which we are facing. Veeravasanam paesitu oora vitu odrathu. Cinema nu nenachutar pola :lol:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 01:12 PM
Breaking : FEFSI meeting in few minutes & Producer meets the Press by 3pm !

Expecting Gud News :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th August 2013, 01:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRsesOyCAAAJMwF.jpg

arulraj
15th August 2013, 02:53 PM
சென்னை: விஜய்யின் தலைவா படத்தை சில நிபந்தனைகளின் அடிப்படையில் வரும் 23-ம் தேதி வெளியிடலாம்... என திரையரங்க உரிமையாளர்கள் முடிவு செய்துள்ளனர். பல்வேறு பிரச்சினைகள் காரணமாக தலைவா படத்தை வெளியிட திரையரங்கு உரிமையாளர்கள் தயக்கம் காட்டி வருகின்றனர். 9-ம் தேதி உலகமெங்கும் வெளியாகிவிட்ட இந்தப் படம் தமிழகத்தில் வெளியாகாததால், திருட்டு டிவிடிகள் வெளியாகிவிட்டன. இந்த நிலையில் படம் இன்று வருமா நாளை வருமா என தவிப்போடு இருப்பதாக விஜய் வீடியோவில் உருக்கம் காட்டினார். திரையுலக பிரமுகர்கள் சிலரும் படத்தை வெளியிடும் முயற்சிகளில் இறங்கியுள்ளனர். இந்தப் படம் வெளியாக முதல்வர் உதவ வேண்டும் என திரும்பத் திரும்ப விஜய்யும் அவரைச் சார்ந்தவர்களும் கூறிவருவது அரசுத் தரப்புக்கு கடும் அதிருப்தியை உருவாக்கியுள்ளதாகக் கூறப்படுகிறது. படத்தை வெளியிடுவதும் வெளியிடாததும் திரையரங்குகள் விருப்பம். அரசையோ முதல்வரையோ இதில் தொடர்பு படுத்தக் கூடாது என தலைவா படம் சம்பந்தப்பட்டவர்களுக்கு அரசுத் தரப்பிலிருந்து கூறப்பட்டுள்ளது. எனவே இனி படத்தை வெளியிடுவது தியேட்டர்காரர்கள் கையில் உள்ளது. இந்த நிலையில் நேற்று தேனாம்பேட்டையில் தங்கள் சங்க அலுவலகத்தில் கூடிய திரையரங்கு உரிமையாளர்கள், தலைவா படத்தை வரும் 23-ம் தேதி வெளியிடலாமா என ஆலோசித்தனர். ஆனால் அன்று தேசிங்கு ராஜா படத்துக்கு 350 அரங்குகள் கொடுத்திருப்பதால், விஜய் தரப்பு கேட்கும் 500 அரங்குகளில் வெளியிடுவது சாத்தியமில்லை என்று தெரிவித்தனர். 250 முத்ல 300 அரங்குகளில், சதவீத அடிப்படையில் வேண்டுமானால் தலைவாவை வெளியிடலாம். மினிமம் கியாரண்டி அடிப்படையில் என்றால், படத்தை வெளியிட முடியாது என்று ஒருமனதாக முடிவு செய்துள்ளனர். இந்த நிபந்தனைக்கு விஜய் தரப்பு ஒப்புக் கொண்டால், தலைவா படம் அடுத்த வாரம் வெளியாகக் கூடும்.

SenGOEk
15th August 2013, 03:01 PM
Regarding Ponniyin Selvan, one of the main reason to shelve was Mani's doctors warned him as he is already a heart patient.

Back to thalaivaa.
Watched the movie.

I think there was no one to advice to the Kerala distributor who suffered heart attack because of Billa2 loss..Hope kerala distributor become extra cautious for his upcoming movie..
Same pinch..I do have the same worst feeling after watching every Ajith movie & have decieded not to go for it after his last outing..

Kumaran.P
15th August 2013, 03:23 PM
I think there was no one to advice to the Kerala distributor who suffered heart attack because of Billa2 loss..Hope kerala distributor become extra cautious for his upcoming movie..
Same pinch..I do have the same worst feeling after watching every Ajith movie & have decieded not to go for it after his last outing..

:lol: he is maintaining his consistency ba can expect more billa 2's and alwar's :rotfl:

Scotthvm
15th August 2013, 04:07 PM
billa hit sonalum ok,but billa2 idhellam over,al vijay version of sura solradhellam rombave overdhan,engalakum ajith movies elam alwars version dhan,in karanataka ,ap,kerala state talk is good only maximum people repeatedly saying movie is lengthyy otherwise no one tell movie is not good,keep it in mind.i dont want to comment on ajith because i respect people