PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

app_engine
11th June 2012, 09:52 PM
#406 காதல் வானிலே காதல் வானிலே
(ராசையா, 1995, ப்ரீத்தியுடன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3042'&lang=en)

kAdhal vAnilE kAdhal vAnilE from rAsaiyA, with Preeti Uttamsingh.

From a dance master / dancer, Prabhu Deva had moved up to become a hit hero in the early-90's. Shankar's kAdhalan from the prior year was a big hit movie (the songs by ARR were a rage everywhere) and my cousin at Chennai was talking about him as 'Indian Michael Jackson'. To this day, I haven't watched any movie with PD as a hero in full. Portions here and there are enough to get me so much irritated and I'm sure I can never reach out for a DVD that features him as hero.

Fortunately, I chose not to have TV all those years in India and didn't have to suffer all those cable / sat channels during 90's and early part of the new millennium. Unfortunately though, being unfamiliar to PD on-screen, I thought that he was good and shaping out to be a great hero and rAsaiyA was a nice project for rAsA to be working with - when I heard about this movie. Enthusiastically bought the cassette but wasn't much impressed. (There was a brief brilliant chorus part in dhiNdukkallu dhiNdukkallu and this SPB duet were sumAr and that's about it. mastAnA was a torture).

I got ellAmE en rAsA dhAN cassette too around the same time and that played most of the time in the cassette player at home. veeNaikku veeNaikkunju & oru sandhanakkAttukkuLLE were such big favourites for me from that year! Even 'ettaNA irundhA' got played every now and then. (I still don't understand how I missed out 'thenRal vandhu theeNdum pOthu' those days...remember hearing the 'arithAraththaippoosikkoLLa Asai' on radio - that didn't evoke much enthu for the album...I was thirsting for a big winner for IR to answer the competition that was on a rampage but unfortunately it wasn't forthcoming those days).

I don't conclude this song as a hit simbly because even I had the cassette. I've heard it a few times in TN, one specific instance being in an excellent audio system in a vAdakai car. It was extremely nice listening to the good recording & various nice sounds in this song that day, when waiting at a railway gate in Coimbatore outskirts (possibly on Palladam road...not very sure).

SPB as usual great singing but the female voice is pAvam (d/o Hindi MD Uttamsingh whose most successful album was 'dil to pAgal hai' for the SRK-Madhuri starrer; he worked as an arranger / conductor for many IR albums...Sureshji once mentioned that he was the one with turban on screen, conducting the music on stage when Sridevi sings 'oru iniya manadhu isaiyai aNaiththuchchellum' with "Johny" Rajini enjoying in the audience).

PARAMASHIVAN
11th June 2012, 10:13 PM
IIRC Rasiah had only one SPB song the rest were by UK ?

app_engine
11th June 2012, 10:18 PM
IIRC Rasiah had only one SPB song the rest were by UK ?

Sorry, one only duet...corrected my post :-)

app_engine
11th June 2012, 11:06 PM
Listening for the first time this terrific song :

love paNNidaththAn inthappAttu (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0532'&lang=en), duet with KSC from chinna vAthiyAr...

Song not to be missed. (Though not suitable for the thread exercise)

app_engine
12th June 2012, 01:38 AM
#407 வெற்றி வெற்றி என்று சொல்லும்
(கட்டுமரக்காரன், 1995 , சித்ராவுடன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1628'&lang=en)

veRRi veRRi enRu sollum from kattumarakkAran, with KSC

What a lovely song! Great singing by both SPB & KSC. When the pallavi starts, one gets goosebumps! Thoroughly enjoyable themmAngu melody with soft-on-ears kind of lovely orchestration. The whole team must have been in a jubilant mood (veRRi! veRRi!) when they recorded this number as one can sense an all round enthusiasm.

By the time this movie / album came out, Sun TV has established itself quite strongly. I don't remember owning this album or hearing this song on PA systems that much but I sure recall watching this in Sun TV those days, when visiting relatives. (Possibly the count-down chart or Pepsi Uma phone call program or something similar, related to film songs). So, I concluded this song can find a place in this collection. In any case, from this time period onwards, the TV network was going to have a big say in whether a song becomes hit or not!

This was the year of my first ever trip outside the country :-) That was the first time I got an opportunity to "browse" :lol2: I got introduced to yahoo & alta vista search engines with netscape navigator browser and was amazed. (VSNL hadn't started offering internet to businesses yet in Palakkad then. It was only the next year we got connection at work I think...or, it was perhaps only e-mail account in 1996 and browsing only in 1997 - while educational institutions and cities like Bangalore got earlier). Also, IIRC, it was around that time when Bill Gates made the 'Pearl Harbor' reference and jumped into the browser development / market. How much the net world has changed since that time!

app_engine
12th June 2012, 02:04 AM
I think we're done with 1995...though thiraippAdal lists 'siRaichchAlai' under 1995, the movie got released only in 1996...so, let's account for the songs in that year...

app_engine
12th June 2012, 02:45 AM
Songs from 1994 and prior years can be traced back from here (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=874038&viewfull=1#post874038)

Songs of 1995

#403 vazhi vidu vazhi vidu vazhi vidu (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=874104&viewfull=1#post874104)
#404 chinnakkaNmaNikkuLLE vandha (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=874712&viewfull=1#post874712)
#405 veLLi nilavE veLLi nilavE (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=874735&viewfull=1#post874735)
#406 kAdhal vAnilE kAdhal vAnilE (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=875873&viewfull=1#post875873)
#407 veRRi veRRi enRu sollum (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=875946&viewfull=1#post875946)

app_engine
12th June 2012, 03:21 AM
#408 செம்பூவே பூவே
(சிறைச்சாலை, 1996 , சித்ராவுடன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3357'&lang=en)

'sempoovE poovE' from siRaichchAlai, with KSC

Biggies leaving IR one by one from core TF group must have irritated him a little bit (though he was philosophical about it, comparing with what happened to MSV, when he was narrating to the reporter in dhinathanthi varalARRU suvadukaL). OTOH, his usual mega-success routes such as Motherland pictures movies (mike Mohan variety) / grAmarAjan folk formula too seemed to have dried up during this time period. There had been some success here and there but it wasn't that much noticed by the main media or the music market.

It was under those circumstances that he got the kAlApAni project. Mohanlal - Priyadharshan combo which was a biggie in MF world, though not big in TN or elsewhere, was a surprise to me. There weren't many Mohanlal biggies with IR prior to this. (Not even that many Lalettan movies prior to that..Padmarajan's Season was one but it wasn't that much of a biggie and neither did it create any waves. Also Mohanlal was s-i-l of Balaji who long-back said bye to rAsA). This one, OTOH, was a multilingual and had Prabhu too doing an important role.

Priyadharshan was known to me primarily as a humor director prior to this (despite his movies having reasonable serious scenes of good quality here and there). This one, however, wasn't anything like his prior movies - total serious and of reasonable standard (I mean only the MF version). I watched that version in theater and thoroughly enjoyed the BGM (IR's first with BSO, he didn't want to leave any stone unturned for that biggie and it made enough press those days too).

The songs met with huge success in Kerala, though the movie's BO performance was only average. The most popular one was KSC's 'mArikkoottinnuLLil' that played everywhere and obviously my most fav one from this album! What a song! (The corresponding TF number, 'mannan kooraichchElai', was possibly heard only once or twice by me and I cannot stand it at all). I liked the MFM duets too - KSC doing extraordinary job and MGS an acceptable companion. Both chempoovE & AttirambilE were sweet, with rAsA building some very special rhythm stuff & other accompaniments! I had the magnasound cassette (still have that one with me) that played all the time at home in the newly acquired music system (that was my first one with CD).

However, when I heard the TF version of chempoovE one day on radio, I was stunned! SPB - what a difference he makes! Thoroughly enjoyable! (Ofcourse the lyrics are kozha kozha, almost sounding like Malayalam and hopeless, possibly for lip-syncing). I've heard it in many settings / environments since that day and this number is one rare case of a dubbing song sounding better than the original!

Nerd
12th June 2012, 06:39 AM
What a phenomenal song app sir. Been running in a loop ever since I saw this post. Don't know about the originals but Suttum sudar vizhi paarvaiyilE is another favorite from this album.

Liked the film when I saw it first on big screen, not sure if it could still hold up. But the BGM, whoa! Such a treat it was. If I am not wrong this was the 2nd ever film to be out in 'DTS'. One of my most memorable experiences on big screen, thanks mainly to Raaja sir. Should revisit particularly for the BGMs :-)

V_S
12th June 2012, 08:05 AM
I too watched this film in theatre and liked too. Surprisingly I loved the dubbed (thamizh and telugu) version of the songs that time mainly because of SPB. Even Suttum Sudar Vizhi in telugu (Yakshakanya) was sung by SPB. Hindi version (by Hariharan) is also quite good. Somehow I didn't like MGS voice. New and fresh sounds with grand orchestration and nicely recorded too. Biggest asset for this film is the Background score. I even skipped two popular films that year for this film's music. I remember talking with my friends for a long time (in motta maadi, those were the days) about the film and its music, after the film is over. This film was a precursor (for Maestro) to magnum opus, Guru. :wink:

raajarasigan
12th June 2012, 12:05 PM
Wonderful pick app-ji... :D as you said, 'Mannan KoOrai chElai" is the pick of the album... :thumbsup:

groucho070
12th June 2012, 12:39 PM
Am I was the only one to say that next to IR, Prabhu was the saving grace. Lal-ettan was surprisingly dour. Lots of lifting from McQueen's Pappillon, the climax train crash was laughably bad. While Prabhu was good, he should have at least the decency to cut his hair or do something to look the period. Not a memorable movie...

Sureshs65
12th June 2012, 12:42 PM
app,

'Kalapani' is one film which, with due respects to other MDs, only Raja could have achieved. The way he achieves a grandeur in even the most romantic of the songs is mindboggling. Melody and majesty are fused so seamlessly in all songs that you can immediately know that these songs are from some 'big' movie. I love all the duets and Chitra's solo. M G Sreekumar explains the greatness of Raja using the 'aathirambile' song and the way the charanam comes back to the pallavi. Really breathtaking stuff there.

Somehow, even with the presence of SPB, I have never got myself out of the Malayalam original. Maybe it could also be due to lyrics. SPB is definitely way ahead of MGS but somehow I stick to Malayalam original and refuse to listen to other versions. I have the Hindi tape of this movie and it is atrocious to say the least, especially the lyrics. I heard it a couple of times and then stopped listening to it.

I always keep referring to music of movies like 'Kalapaani', 'Oru Yathramozhi', 'Guru' and 'PazhassiRaja' whenever people come up with 'Raja has lost his talent' type arguments. 'Kalapani' also shows that when the stakes are high, Raja will definitely deliver top class music.

PARAMASHIVAN
12th June 2012, 02:58 PM
I vaguely remember SC, it had another wonderfull by SPB + KSc called "aalOngili thOpile " or some thing along these lines. The way SPB sings "veenai ??? suthi sErthavan naanE" out of this world. Again one of those "Only SPB possible songs" :notworthy:

Divine22
12th June 2012, 04:34 PM
~Sempoove poove~ , Weird lyrics I'd say too :D

app_engine
12th June 2012, 07:56 PM
nanRi Nerd, V_Sji, raajarasigan, groucho, Sureshji, Param & Divine22 for the comments on the kAlApAni song!

groucho, small doubt - did you watch the Malayalam original or dubbed TF? I have seen some portions of the TF version recently on TV and the voice given to Lal was atrocious. It could've been much better had he dubbed it himself, even if it was accented Thamizh :-( (It's possible you disliked Lal in the original MF also...me wasn't paying much attention to even Lal while watching the movie that day ; I was under IR's spell! )

I think most of us agree to the atrociousness done in other lang lyrics. OTOH, the MF originals are excellent!

PARAMASHIVAN
12th June 2012, 08:12 PM
App anna

// Just Curious . You have had lots of interaction with Mallus in your life. They are supposed to be the good looking and intelligent people amongst South Indians, Is this true or a myth ? //

app_engine
12th June 2012, 09:05 PM
Param,

While I'm not a big fan of stereotyping, my answer to your both doubts is a big no.

a) intelligent - I found people from all SI states (& NI states too) equally intelligent. Nothing special about one group. All of us are blessed with the same masthishkam.

b) good looking - again, I find good-looking people in each state / everywhere...may be my eye-sight problem :-)

Following stand out as special qualities among majority of Keralites, however (exceptions do exist but majority conform to these specs) :

1. Stress on personal & home vruththi (cleanliness)
2. Stess on speaking in mother tongue, even when away from home state or abroad (quality severely lacking in TN-ers)
3. Stress on proper pronunciation of their language (extreme, they go to the extent of claiming that "zha" is a Malayalam exclusive :lol: and each time I point out "thamizh")
4. Stress on never becoming a literal beggar to run life (yet to see a malayALi pichchaikkAran / pichchaikkAri; every one of them I saw inside Kerala was from other states as well)
5. Stress on protecting environment (water / air / land quality), this goes along with point #1
6. Stess on being polite / not being loud etc, even to strangers (best examples bus conductors who never get stressed; just compare their TN counterparts)

There could be other specialities...but these did stand out during my stay in that state & interactions with MalayaLees after that...

PARAMASHIVAN
12th June 2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks App anna for your response

I dont have stero types on such issues as well. but according to National Census "They seem to have the highest literacy level in India while Bihar having the lowest" . Is this true ?

Sureshs65
12th June 2012, 09:27 PM
Param,

Literacy is different. If it is a govt census, then from what I heard, if you able to sign your name (naat a kainaat) then you will be declared as a literate person. So that has nothing to do with intelligence. It is whether you can read the alphabets and write them.

PARAMASHIVAN
12th June 2012, 09:30 PM
Param,

Literacy is different. If it is a govt census, then from what I heard, if you able to sign your name (naat a kainaat) then you will be declared as a literate person. So that has nothing to do with intelligence. It is whether you can read the alphabets and write them.

Oh Thanks Suresh sir

app_engine
12th June 2012, 11:50 PM
#409 ஆலோலங்கிளி தோப்பிலே
(சிறைச்சாலை, 1996, சித்ராவுடன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3354'&lang=en)

AlOlangiLi thOppilE from siRaichchAlai, with KSC

Another duet from the same movie - MGS/KSC in the original & SPB/KSC in the TF edition. KSC sounds malayALam accented in the TF version too (after all that language took most of its vocabulary from ancient Thamizh and added some Sanskrit words to it ; it's interesting to see the dubbers considering 'OlavAyee' a contemporary Thamizh word and also adding the word 'kuRunthokai' etc in the lyric).

This song too was a "Cbe-radio-listen-only" in my case while the MF version was often playing at the home music system. It was in our newly-constructed-home that I got this new music system and the hall was quite a modest one compared to the prior places that I rented. (One of those rented homes had a high ceiling drawing / dining hall , with a nice, spiralling stair-case -the kind we used to see in movies - and any music that got played in that huge sparsely furnished hall sounded grrrrand, even our own singing).

OTOH, this one wasn't a very high ceiling one but spacious enough with decent acoustics to create nice-enough effect (not packed -just the dining table + 4 chairs & the rosewood 3 seater sofA / two single seaters, that gave enough room for the waves to travel). Often I enjoyed sitting outside the front door in porch in the mornings -keeping the door open to allow music to come out & sit with the newspaper...it was under such setting I frequently enjoyed the radio and siRaichchAlai songs were regular those days.

Initially I didn't have many TFM / MFM CD's as they were very pricey. However, I enjoyed the greatness of switching to CD (sitting on the porch again), while piano instrumentals got played. The lady from the opposite house once asked me "who plays the piano at your home - is it your wife or son" :lol2: When I told her it's from a CD, she was thrilled because she got some new bragging rights (her husband was the VP / head of the factory that manufactured the audio system).

kAlApAni cassette had excellent quality and kottum kuzhalvizhi (suttum sudarvizhi) had the best orchestration, IMHO. Phenomenal stuff and rAsA followed up soon with guru - terrific aruNa kiraNa & dEva sangeetham - to better it. Interestingly, that vizhi song wasn't even on-screen. (MGS is used in TF version too).

p.s. guru too was cassette version only. The first MFM CD I got those days was Magnasound's 'thEnmAvin kombaththu - pariNayam' combo (at just about Rs 200). Most of the earliest CDs that I had were the inexpensive T-Series Hindi ones bought from Bangalore (QSQT / tEzAb / Ashiqui / shAjan / dil kinds) and that should explain why QSQT, despite the plagiarism, got a firm seat in my dil :-)

app_engine
13th June 2012, 01:55 AM
We now have really very few SPB-IR combo songs left :-)

Let me try to list the remaining hits (as perceived by me) to estimate how many more days this exercise will continue :

1996:
1) indha poovukkoru arasan poovarasan (poovarasan)
2) pottu vachcha kiLiyE (poovarasan)

1997:
None (the year of kAdhalukku mariyAdhai, when rAja music regained some mariyAdhai in TF market)

1998:
None (me getting active in tfmpage.com)

1999:
3) nAn thanga rOsA (time, the year of sEthu)

2000:
4) adidA mELaththa (kaNNukkuL nilavu)

2001:
5) kuyilukku (friends)
6) vAnam perusu dhAn (friends)

That's about it...so, the listing will end at #415 :-)

People can then start the 'app-missed-list' and I can do some pivot tables / stat stuff :-)

jaiganes
13th June 2012, 02:31 AM
We now have really very few SPB-IR combo songs left :-)

Let me try to list the remaining hits (as perceived by me) to estimate how many more days this exercise will continue :

1996:
1) indha poovukkoru arasan poovarasan (poovarasan)
2) pottu vachcha kiLiyE (poovarasan)

1997:
None (the year of kAdhalukku mariyAdhai, when rAja music regained some mariyAdhai in TF market)

1998:
None (me getting active in tfmpage.com)

1999:
3) nAn thanga rOsA (time, the year of sEthu)

2000:
4) adidA mELaththa (kaNNukkuL nilavu)

2001:
5) kuyilukku (friends)
6) vAnam perusu dhAn (friends)

That's about it...so, the listing will end at #415 :-)

People can then start the 'app-missed-list' and I can do some pivot tables / stat stuff :-)

I think there can be some space for muthukkaalai songs which had SPB in them...
"Andha kanjikkkalayathai" and "punnai vanaththukkuyile"
in that PVasu directed RPartheban starrer kaakkai chiraginile. too.

V_S
13th June 2012, 02:36 AM
Poomani, Rettai Roja also came in 1996 where SPB had some nice songs. In 1997 there was Balu Mahendra's Raman Abdullah. The film was not a hit, but the songs were awesome and was a hit. Two glorious SPB numbers; MuthamizhE muthamizhE and Sembaruthi.

app_engine
13th June 2012, 02:47 AM
Poomani, Rettai Roja also came in 1996 where SPB had some nice songs. In 1997 there was Balu Mahendra's Raman Abdullah. The film was not a hit, but the songs were awesome and was a hit. Two glorious SPB numbers; MuthamizhE muthamizhE and Sembaruthi.

I listened to all those songs this afternoon (plus the ones jaiganes told)...onnum familiar illai :-( So, mine will be curtains on Monday...

app_engine
13th June 2012, 03:53 AM
P_R, NOV, RR sir,

please, yArAchchum konjam thread title correct paNNungaLEn :-)

kiru
13th June 2012, 06:15 AM
I got some new speakers and was trying siraichalai with it. If I am not mistaken the tamil lyrics are modeled after the malayalam lyrics (?). I like the tamil songs (as I lost the Malayalam cassette). When I was listening to the sempoove poove song - I was reminded of the rabid :-) following SPB has here and mentally noted .. man is he good or what ? .
What a coincidence that app has been highlighting this at the same time. BTW, as Suresh says, the songs sound grand..captures the ocean atmosphere and are recorded well (hence testing it with my stereo).

baroque
13th June 2012, 06:44 AM
:thumbsup:

app_eng!

raasathi rasaathi unnai yenni manam urugi nindrenadi... poovarasan is a beauty too!:musicsmile:

Ilavenil idhu vaigasi madham ... vittuteengala?

yeah... this later part of 90s, Hariharan's
ila venil kala panchami... , en kanavinai kel nanba..., thendralai kandukolla maaney....., thaalattum kaatrey.... are in my assorted collection.

mmm... thanks for KANNUKKUL NILAVU - Bala's song.

I think, I was unfortunate, found only cassette of this film, remember
ORU NAAL ORU KANAVU... SHRI.KJY'S COMPOSITION - irish music bgm.

groucho070
13th June 2012, 07:00 AM
groucho, small doubt - did you watch the Malayalam original or dubbed TF? I have seen some portions of the TF version recently on TV and the voice given to Lal was atrocious. It could've been much better had he dubbed it himself, even if it was accented Thamizh :-( (It's possible you disliked Lal in the original MF also...me wasn't paying much attention to even Lal while watching the movie that day ; I was under IR's spell! )

Gah, app, there's some truth here. I haven't watched the Malayalam version, and Lal-ettan's own voice would have improved the performances overall. Looks like the culprit is my own disdain for dubbed voice. I would definitely watch the original (can we call it original, it was simultaneous, no? Prabhu was speaking in Tamizh).

jaiganes
13th June 2012, 10:19 AM
P_R, NOV, RR sir,

please, yArAchchum konjam thread title correct paNNungaLEn :-)

dhoni pattullaam kanakkula varaadhaa?

also wondering "vaa kaathirukka neramillai" song was included in this listing or not?

venkkiram
13th June 2012, 10:22 AM
I think there can be some space for muthukkaalai songs which had SPB in them...
"Andha kanjikkkalayathai" and "punnai vanaththukkuyile"
in that PVasu directed RPartheban starrer kaakkai chiraginile. too.
முத்தமிழே முத்தமிழே - ராமன் அப்துல்லா
கானக் குயிலே - பூஞ்சோலை
உனக்கெனவே வளந்திருக்கா - புண்ணியவதி
இளவேனில் - காதல் ரோஜாவே
இரு கண்கள் போதாது - தர்மா
செம்பருத்தி பூவுக்கு - தர்மா
தினம் விடிந்ததும் - தர்மா

இதெல்லாம் (இன்றைக்கும்) நான் கேட்டு ரசிக்கும் பாடல்கள்..

PARAMASHIVAN
13th June 2012, 02:52 PM
App anna

You have missed Dharma in your list, all songs were by SPB , it had some nice songs like "Iru kangal pOthathu rasathi oorgOlatha pAkka" ! :)

Aanast Raaj - Note this point :yessir:

PARAMASHIVAN
13th June 2012, 02:54 PM
also wondering "vaa kaathirukka neramillai" song was included in this listing or not?

He has mentioned that. IIRC wasn't it Karthik & Sivaranjani movie ?

jaiganes
13th June 2012, 05:50 PM
He has mentioned that. IIRC wasn't it Karthik & Sivaranjani movie ?
yupp..

app_engine
13th June 2012, 07:43 PM
dhoni pattullaam kanakkula varaadhaa?

dhOni pAttu nAn innum muzhusA kEkkalai :oops:

Also, it's difficult to determine whether it's a "hit" or not.

I'll let posters from TN cover that if they feel so :-)

About the other song (vA kAthirukka nEramillai), I don't remember :confused: What is the movie?

app_engine
13th June 2012, 07:44 PM
You have missed Dharma in your list, all songs were by SPB

Sampled all of them yesterday, before posting my shortlist.

Never heard them before :oops:

app_engine
13th June 2012, 07:46 PM
I would definitely watch the original

viLaivukaLukku nAn poRuppalla :-)

(I have watched it only once on theater...music left a lasting impression but movie was so-so, not a typical Priyan film, but not bad either...)

PARAMASHIVAN
13th June 2012, 07:47 PM
About the other song (vA kAthirukka nEramillai), I don't remember :confused: What is the movie?

IthO .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qShJ04H62xM&feature=player_detailpage

Sivaranjani :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
13th June 2012, 09:10 PM
App anna :)

You have missed the following

NilavE mugam kaatu (Karthik) 1999
Irumbu pookal (Karthik/Prabhu) 1991
Dhurva Natchathiram (Arjun) 1993

PARAMASHIVAN
13th June 2012, 10:14 PM
IIRC Arjun is the Only actor with with very few "rAsA" music to his films.

app_engine
14th June 2012, 01:21 AM
#410 இந்தப்பூவுக்கொரு அரசன் பூவரசன்
(பூவரசன், 1996, சித்ராவுடன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2842'&lang=en)

'indhappoovukkoru arasan poovarasan' from poovarasan, with KSC

The song almost sounded like yet another SPB-KSC duet from kAlApAni :-) One can call this a song with typical "mid-90's rAsA sounds"! Quite soft on ears, melodious, string sounds still intact like the early days of rAsA and delectable flute accompaniment. Cakewalk for both the accomplished singers (good that they got this song ; not sure what it would have shaped into if rAsA chose to record with 'innaikku yAru en munnAla first vandhAnga' kind of singers).

This song was a regular on Cbe radio as well. At the minimum, a radio hit. And it sounded so nice on the detached speakers even with the AM broadcast reception. FM was not a big thing yet. It was around this time period that lot of sessions with some of the newbie techies had to be this unsavoury IR v/s ARR adi-dhadees. That typically left me & the other gangs unhappy in the end :lol2: However, since most of such sessions were under the influence of -OH (with family away vacationing), the next mornings were always without any discussion-hangover :-) What a good thing this 'vidinchAlE pOchchu' was!

The Karthik starrer, directed by Gokulakrishna, has this 'Rachana Banerjee' listed as heroine (idhu varai kELvippadavE padAtha nadigai). Was the movie a BO success? Did she get to act in any other movie in Thamizh?

baroque
14th June 2012, 09:21 AM
What a beautiful composition!

I don't remember seeing the visual of RAASATHI RAASATHI... composition in DVD.

no words to express, app_eng!
:musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7YErYbewYU&feature=related

Karthik, please get well.

You are adorable :swinghead:

Huggable Karthik, We love! :)

vinatha.

Devaraagam
14th June 2012, 10:49 AM
App,if u have list publish it end of your thread so that I can bring ur missed list :)

PARAMASHIVAN
14th June 2012, 02:46 PM
The Karthik starrer, directed by Gokulakrishna, has this 'Rachana Banerjee' listed as heroine (idhu varai kELvippadavE padAtha nadigai). Was the movie a BO success? Did she get to act in any other movie in Thamizh?

Very beautiful heroine from Bengal :p , yes she acted in couple of tamils films, one with R.Parthiban .

app_engine
14th June 2012, 07:13 PM
nanRi baroque!
BTW, is Karthik unwell / sick? After his political mis-attempt, he ceases to be in the news lines...

Devaraagam sir,
Yes, I'm updating the excel sheet with the post links and will make it available (using whatever possible means) as soon as #415 is done :-) Your help beyond that will certainly be appreciated!

baroque
14th June 2012, 08:58 PM
yeah...
2 days back, I read in the news.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/actor-karthik-hospitalised/59607/

Karthik, it's always, You!

Charming face of Indian cinema!:swinghead:

app_engine
14th June 2012, 10:10 PM
Hope Karthik gets well soon...

Interesting to read that his son is acting in Maniratnam movie :-)

Third gen hero! Like his dad, getting kuttu from mOdhirakkai!

nanRi baroque, for the news link!

app_engine
15th June 2012, 01:47 AM
#411 பொட்டு வச்ச கிளியே
(பூவரசன், 1996) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2844'&lang=en)

'pottu vachchu kiLiyE' from poovarasan

Jubilant SPB in a themmAngu. Well, the folkiness is quite different from what rAsA used to do in the 70s & 80s. Somewhat "northie-ish" pallavi section IMHO. Especially the percussion sound is not totally satisfying for that portion (it becomes rAsA standard in the saraNam, however). Yes, there's the typical shehnAi / female chorus / folk verse in the second interlude and other standard ingradients. Also a nice sounding melody. However, something is different that didn't make this song an instant favourite when I heard it on radio for the first time. However, I kind of liked it during subsequent listens. Another "radio-only-listen".

Song lines indicate a "thirumaNa vAzhththu" (possibly for a sis character, otherwise the hero would have sung in an azhumoonji tone). IR would've lost count on how many such songs he had done in his film career (nammaLum dhAn) :-) From that angle, nothing earth shattering in this number. paththOda pathinonnu. (in this thread 410-Oda 411, ambuttuththEn).

baroque
15th June 2012, 03:15 AM
yeah... we watched the movie in DVD
Karthik goes to nichayam panni kalyanam for his ejaman Vijayakumar's daughter with Radharavi's son, then the pattu to celebrate the santhosham. Poovarasan is vijayakumar-sujatha's son after all! :-D

mmm.... Karthik's son debuts in Mani Rathnam's movie!

Wow!

Mani Rathnam brought back Luminous heartthrob Karthik in Mouna Ragam.
ManiR enticed us with Karthik in Mouna Ragam in our very correct age!magic during our adolescence!:redjump:

Muthuraman, Sivaji, Kamal, Rajini to Vijay etc... all stand no chance in front of Karthik's Charm. அவா cute ஆ இருக்கறதுன்னா என்னன்னு கேப்பா!

endearing, likeable, lovable, darling, huggable ,delightful all adjectives belong to Karthik! Natural allure oozing:swinghead:

Nerd
15th June 2012, 06:27 AM
App, pottu vechcha kiLi ellaam kEtturukkeenga. Raman Abdulla, no ring bell? At least en veettu jannal etti kEttirukkeengaLaa (not an SPB song)? Very very famous and was quite popular among all the satellite channels.

So we are rounding off with maraNamaaas Vijay's 3 hits? :-) :-) Did thodarum have any SPB numbers? Don't remember the songs at all. Shock adikkum nilavu or something (Hariharan) was mildly popular. No Ajith numbers then..

baroque
15th June 2012, 06:56 AM
ராசாத்தி ராசாத்தி... பூவரசன் mention பண்ணலை..விஸ்வதுளசி பாடல்கள்- 2 இருக்கே!:musicsmile:
இனிமே drought தான் ...
யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா voiceலே வந்து நிக்கறது2012:twisted:...அதுவேற, youth attract பண்ணனும் அது இதுன்னு obsession ஆயிட போகறது in more upcoming albums in coming yearsலே! self sabotage his own art with employing bad singing!

V_S
15th June 2012, 06:57 AM
en veettu jannal etti kEttirukkeengaLaa (not an SPB song)?
Nerd, This is by Arumozhi and Bhavatharini. MuthamizhE MuthamizhE and Chembaruththi peN oruthi are by SPB. Both were popular. Added to this, a great song, Pudhithaai kEtkum by Chitra. These three are outstanding!.

Nerd
15th June 2012, 07:21 AM
V_Sji, sorry I also meant the same thing :oops: As in poovarasan ellaam (that too an obscure song in the album) kEttirukkeengaLE, Raman Abdullaa kEttadhillaiyaa? Seri adhulayum SPB paattu kEttadhillai OK, 'en veettu' bayangara popular aachE, adha kEttadhillaiyaa.. Was just curious..

baroque
15th June 2012, 07:36 AM
app_eng,

Actor Karthik never had A.R.Rahman music (Ravanan-exclude),
his son's debut movie with Rahman's music!:musicsmile:

San_K
15th June 2012, 12:06 PM
ராசாத்தி ராசாத்தி... பூவரசன் mention பண்ணலை..

AthanE!! Rasathi Rasathi and Kattikkidalam are the best songs in Poovarasan IMHO. Despite BM I am wondering how an HC IR fan missed raman abdulla!. Mysterious app_e sir when 90s songs come.

PARAMASHIVAN
15th June 2012, 02:25 PM
Muthuraman, Sivaji, Kamal, Rajini to Vijay etc... all stand no chance in front of Karthik's Charm. அவா cute ஆ இருக்கறதுன்னா என்னன்னு கேப்பா!

Thalai valli ellam yEn intha list la :sigh2:

app_engine
15th June 2012, 07:23 PM
Seri adhulayum SPB paattu kEttadhillai OK, 'en veettu' bayangara popular aachE, adha kEttadhillaiyaa.. Was just curious..

At least one time - on Sun TV - in a Palakkad saloon (thalaiyA vettunar ishtaththukku thiruppinadhAl arai-kuRaiyAththAn pAkka mudinjadhu)...yes, I do remember the Bhavadharini singing :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
15th June 2012, 07:26 PM
APP ANNA

Thillu mullu thread pakkam varavum pls

baroque
15th June 2012, 09:01 PM
when it comes to Kathik's instantly adorable ,

Param, Why oravanjani to Vijay, as though Kamal or Rajini or Sivaji can induce Cute or Pleasing likeability factor?
For me they are all the same!
likeability factor minus aa erukkum podhu eppadi romance feeling induce pannuvaa for me?
I never find them romantic,
நம்பலே அவாள்லாம் ரொம்ப romantic ஆ இருக்கறதா ஏதாவது imagine பண்ணிக்க வேண்டியதுதான்.. non-sense
that's why, I don't need visual for songs.
M.S.V, Ir, A.R.R,S.P.B, Yesudas, Janu, Vani etc.. only needed for me.:musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRiCWZhXng

see... after chandramouli , water pouring scene, How Revathi looks at him,

Very natural look!:clap:

Karthik, you are YUMMY!

app_engine
15th June 2012, 09:20 PM
Song links to 1995 and prior from here (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=875954&viewfull=1#post875954)

Links to the posts on 1996 SPB/IR hits :

#408 sempoovE poovE (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=875960&viewfull=1#post875960)
#409 AlolangiLi thOppilE (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=876502&viewfull=1#post876502)
#410 indha poovukkoru arasan poovarasan (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=877159&viewfull=1#post877159)
#411 pottu vachcha kiLiyE (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=877810&viewfull=1#post877810)

I think this post won't be needed for each year anymore :oops:

Actually, I don't have any hits to post for 1997 / 1998 at all. The loner from 1999 will be today's song...(Time album came in 1999 but not sure if the movie too came it out in the same year or in Y2K)...

PARAMASHIVAN
15th June 2012, 09:21 PM
when it comes to Kathik's instantly adorable ,

Param, Why oravanjani to Vijay When you list his name amongst "the Greats" it was a shock to me, beside I dont like VJ.

BTW, There is a thread for Karthik in Tamil Film section, anga vaanga :)

baroque
15th June 2012, 09:36 PM
Greatness kkum 'likeability' factor kkum enna sambandham?

poovarasan is karthik's movie, adhan I mentioned his asset!:) just like we have mentioned stories , scenes of some featured film songs in this IR-Bala thread.

baroque
15th June 2012, 10:08 PM
OK! app_eng closed 1995 yr, it's a shame if this composition is not in this thread!

PUNNAI VANATHU KUYILEY NEE..... :musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Oxc9bokeo

more than enough to bring a smile in my face whole day for me!

IR, Bala, Janu and Karthik!:bluejump:
bye

app_engine
15th June 2012, 10:16 PM
#412 நான் தங்க ரோஜா என்னைப்பறிக்க வருவாயா
(டைம், 1999 , ஸ்வர்ணலதாவுடன்) (http://download.tamilwire.com/songs/__P_T_By_Movies/Time/Ninaithapadi...%20-%20TamilWire.com.mp3)

nAn thanga rOjA from Time, with SL

Time was the first IR album to get "reviewed" on a special page in tfmpage.com. There were two reviews, one by Srikanth & another by MS. These're still available here (interesting read, please check these out if you've not done before) :
http://tfmpage.com/forum/6719.ir_reviews.html

Let me quote the portions relevant for today's song :

5. NAN Thanga roja ; a very rajaish sounding tune, good drum parts, Swarna add great feel, Spb blends well , starts on a lower pitch, adds a great weight to the song musically (and physically!), words are also new (we have had too much of diamond's thoughts going around in TFM), interludes are pretty and neat, makes you listen again, proves raja is still around.

Naan thanga roja:

IR intha paadalil thuLLugiraar. I mean it. It is based on Mohanam and sung by SPB/ Swarnalatha with a beat similar to "Muththirai ippOdhu kuththidu thaapaadhu" (beat only). A good song, I won't say it is great. You will not dislike it.

This was one of those albums that I've acquired under the "influence" of tfmpage.com :-) And was extremely happy for the recommendation by these stalwarts! It was a very nice-sounding album by rAsA, for the director Geetha Krishna for the Prabhu Deva / Simran movie. I lost count as to how many times I would have enjoyed the 'niRam piriththuppArththEn' song. 'thavikkiREn' & 'kAdhal nee dhAnA' are my favouites as well. Portions of 'muthu nilavE' sounded good (Bhava is better than her brother in this song). The SPB-SL song is good overall but ranks only 4th in the album (for me). The 'nenachcha padi' is a so-so number.

The thiraippAdal link for nAn thanga rOja takes one to nenachcha padi and couldn't be used in this post. (So, given a tamilwire MP3 link). The song is enjoyable even now - though I haven't heard in a long time. I've heard it a few times otherwise too -most probably on sat TV networks when visiting relatives / friends and may be a few times on radio & travels. May not be a patti-thotti hit but one that can be considered for inclusion in this thread.

I think the movie was a dud and sunk without a trace. Another case of vizhalukku iRaiththa neer by rAsA, espcially in a changed market. Though he had been busy composing during the mid-90's, not many of them got appreciated by majority of TN (especially city-dwellers). He had a big hit with Fazil's kAdhalukku mariyAdhai in 1997 that made the next gen look at him. However, there weren't many hit albums coming out consistently like in the old days from him. Market conditions have changed and now TV networks have started playing a big role and one needed decent visuals (or big stars) for songs to make an impression with the public as well (and rAsA didn't get to score many such movies). That way, Time was a waste of time and waste of some of rAsA's most modern sounding numbers in a dud movie :-(

I don't think rAsA cared but HCIRFs in tfmpage (& elsewhere) were full of regret that this didn't rev-up his market to prior levels...

genesis
15th June 2012, 11:03 PM
#412 நான் தங்க ரோஜா என்னைப்பறிக்க வருவாயா
(டைம், 1999 , ஸ்வர்ணலதாவுடன்) (http://download.tamilwire.com/songs/__P_T_By_Movies/Time/Ninaithapadi...%20-%20TamilWire.com.mp3)

Raja must have been in good mood when he composed this album.... It is a shame I did not know about Niram Pirithu song until few years ago when someone posted a link in this forum. One of Raja's 10 best songs from the 1990s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HKZdnTpAIw

If someone has a link with video, please post.

Devaraagam
16th June 2012, 01:53 AM
App,

I believe you wud have skipped/missed this song 100%. Give ur ear for that song if u have not heard.

Song: unnai padatha naalum from I rattan roja.

This song was not in cassette and cd was released in India. This was available in cd released in Malaysia or somewhere. I have or watched movie so no idea it's there or not in movie. Nice number.

Giving here thiraipadal link

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00206&lang=en

baroque
16th June 2012, 03:48 AM
irattai roja..1996.

unnai vida maaten... is popular.

I was living at Chennai during those yrs.

other songs never heard.

TIME

Thanks app_eng.

Never heard of this composition.

Indeed niram pirithu .... Sujatha's solo is a great composition.

prelude and first interlude is beautiful! Extraordinary feeling!:musicsmile:

that feeling lost in second interlude's mood change with rapid jathi drumming!

all songs of PATTU PAADAVA and TIME albums, I need to sit and listen!

app_engine
17th June 2012, 09:55 AM
We'll have to ask "IR fan" Baradwaj Rangan to listen to the following albums urgently:

kAdhalukku mariyAdhai (1997)
Time (1999-2000)
azhagi (2000)
all the Sathyan AnthikkAd combo albums during late-90's / 2000's (especially the song 'kaiyeththA kombaththu')
friends (MFM) / pazhassi rAjA
cheeni kum / pA (esp mudhi mudhi / hitchki hitchki that were brand new songs)
nandha lAlA

And ask him to stop talking about IR of "only 70's / 80's / early 90's...

baroque
17th June 2012, 11:17 AM
Why are you posting it here?

Post in his column or blog whatever!

He may be checking out every album of Ilayaraja, may not be fond of some of them.

Take Kadhalukku mariyadhai, Tamil Nadu may claim it to be a HIT, some IR fans may not celebrate the album the way they may do like Ninaivellam Nithya or sindhu bhairavi.
synthetic beats with Hariharan's feable sounding mazhalaiyaana mozhi, they may not be listening like crazy!:roll:

Azhagi.. en kuthama... super duper wistful pathos with soulful violin, flute usage drags you back to the album.
Vera enna paattu.. I don't remember any other song now! I need to put an effort to search, listen.. may or may not warm up to the songs, depends on the mood!

appadiyaa erukku 80s IR's kadalora kavidhaigal or Meendum kokila albums etc..?

may be adhu maari feel pannalam rt!:roll:

GVMenon-Ilayaraja's up coming couple of bad singing offeringai, Tamil Nadu makkal hit aaki vitta, udaney, naanga ellarum kai thattanumnnu erukka enna? :-D,
Curiosity, check out panniyaachunnu, some of us will go back celebrating CHINNA CHINNA ROJA POOVE.... OR MAI RI MAIN KAISE KAHOON... OR PUTHU VELLAI MAZHAI INGU POZHIGINDRADHU....or PHIR SE AAIYO BADARA BIDESEE...OR ORU KUNGUMA CHENGAMALAM.....

avar blog ley sollunga! you remind him few later albums, that's all.

Bala thread ley pottaa!

Neenga kooda dhaan, edhedho pattellam kettu, Raasathi raasathi..., punnai vana kuliye... etc.. kettadhu illainnu solreenga!http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

baroque
17th June 2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xptWP2wNF_E&feature=related

back to Bala....:redjump:

Plum
17th June 2012, 12:44 PM
kEttadhillainu solRadhu vERa. kEkkAmalE, IR 1992kappuRam nallA podalainu solRadhu vERa. As I said, Brawdwaj Rangan needs high production values to appreciate a movie. Likewise, he is not the type to strain himself going out of his way to listen to songs and appreciate them.He will give the time of his day to whatever is accessible to him. That way, 90s and 2000s songs of Raja arent accessible to the indifferent Besant nagar vaasi - NEPV is banging down theit doors. Hence, Baradwaj took a note.

Baradwaj is basically a somberi, thats all.

San_K
17th June 2012, 12:45 PM
Take Kadhalukku mariyadhai, Tamil Nadu may claim it to be a HIT, some IR fans may not celebrate the album the way they may do like Ninaivellam Nithya or sindhu bhairavi.
synthetic beats with Hariharan's feable sounding mazhalaiyaana mozhi, they may not be listening like crazy!:roll:

KM hit illa blockbuster album in TN but may be just a hit in America. I would say this is an outstanding album musically.

Azhagi.. en kuthama... super duper wistful pathos with soulful violin, flute usage drags you back to the album.
Vera enna paattu.. I don't remember any other song now! I need to put an effort to search, listen.. may or may not warm up to the songs, depends on the mood!

:shock: Oliyile therivathu was a super hit song and Pattu solli gave National Award to SS

appadiyaa erukku 80s IR's kadalora kavidhaigal or Meendum kokila albums etc..?

kavarchi nadigai ullE vanthuttanga pola

GVMenon-Ilayaraja's up coming couple of bad singing offeringai, Tamil Nadu makkal hit aaki vitta, udaney, naanga ellarum kai thattanumnnu erukka enna? :-D,

Innum album veliyE varavE illa, adhukkulle ava nambikkaiyaa

Neenga kooda dhaan, edhedho pattellam kettu, Raasathi raasathi..., punnai vana kuliye... etc.. kettadhu illainnu solreenga!:roll:

Agree. app sir enna solreenga. But there are differences between a_e (work/remove locations) and BR cases

A_E,

I don't think BR did not have a listen to those songs you have mentioned. May be BR wrote them for common people not for IR fans like us (just a remote possible)

baroque
17th June 2012, 12:49 PM
Bala threadley pottaa!

go to his place, inform him if you wish!:-D

Plum
17th June 2012, 12:49 PM
idhu enga voodu(unga voodum dhAn). ingE dhAn urakk kaththuvOm. avar verandhakku pOi edhukku vudhaar vudaRadhu?

baroque
17th June 2012, 12:51 PM
San_K,

:-D

Kadhalukku mariyadhai blown away people's mind in TN aa?
hit/mega hit/super duper hit etc.. who cares?
erukkatume.. adhan mention panniten,rt!
some ir fans may not warm up to synthetic beat with Hariharan's feable mazhalainnu! BR may be one of them, yaaru kanda? anga poyi sollunga.

unmaiyavey, azhagi songs, I didn't recall. :-D

baroque
17th June 2012, 12:52 PM
Bala veettuley ukkandhu sambandham illadha alai pathi pesina enna use?

baroque
17th June 2012, 12:57 PM
San_k,

Adhu ava nambikkai illa... concern about 2 more songs!

sample's vocal failed to impress.

PARAMASHIVAN
17th June 2012, 06:07 PM
IIRC there was a song by "Padagar Thilagam" called Vannam ellam sengapoo vaanElam kungumampoo (or some thing along these line), I think it was a Karthik movie, I am sure it was a rAsA album, cant't quite remember the name of the movie, and I don't think it has been covered here pls confirm.

Thanks

baroque
17th June 2012, 09:20 PM
NADODI PATTUKKARAN , he covered, Param!

1992 and before yrs ley poyi parunga, you will find the composition.:musicsmile:

app_engine
18th June 2012, 02:40 AM
Why are you posting it here?

konjooNdu relevance irukkunga :-)

The song being discussed is from the 1999-2000 album TIME & the current soodAna topic of IR forum is NEPV (& BR's interview with Gautam)...so tried to connect them together :-)

baroque
18th June 2012, 02:52 AM
:)..

vinatha

PARAMASHIVAN
18th June 2012, 08:34 PM
NADODI PATTUKKARAN , he covered, Param!

1992 and before yrs ley poyi parunga, you will find the composition.:musicsmile:
Nandri Hai :)

app_engine
18th June 2012, 11:26 PM
There's a rumor on BBC website (posted by layman in the IR titbits thread) that the SPB song 'nAn thAngoppandA nalla muththuppErandA' from rAm latcuman could be played in the London olympics...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th June 2012, 12:46 AM
Is that SPB :shock:

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2012/jun/18slide3.jpg

app_engine
19th June 2012, 01:10 AM
#413 அடிடா மேளத்த நான் பாடும் பாட்டுக்கு
(கண்ணுக்குள் நிலவு, 2000) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1542'&lang=en)

'adidA mELaththa' from kaNNukkuL nilavu

Following the success of KM, Fazil did KN with the same lead pair. For the first time in his TF career, he did a "direct" Thamizh movie (as reported). Every one of his prior Thamizh films were remake of a Malayalam hit. Unfortunately, this movie failed to click, though I felt it was not all that bad. I watched the movie (after listening to the songs) in the theater that is next to the 'private stand' in Palakkad (possibly with the name "cine aroma", don't remember correctly).

This is the first Vijay song with SPB that we cover here, I think. There are going to be 2 more from a Vijay movie and with that my compilation will get curtains. tfmpage.com reviewed KN (http://tfmpage.com/forum/6719.ir_reviews.html)also and look at what got posted about this song:

Adida melatha : Spb speaks and starts the songs. Sounds like a telugu song (especially emma and the banjo whamps are reserved/owned by
telugu songs).Raja uses few off the shelves human voice samples, The rock guitar start is somewhat new, I liked it, and the chords are very good. Brass in the first bgm are excellent, he tries some crazy samples! Good going. The Saranam is like vaidpadu, no tune it totally sucks.
Second part of the saranam somehow gets a tune and blends to the pallavi. Second
bgm is similar has some music, standard raja. SPB modulates like Anne Anne…
Surendar is not impressive……Only the rock like piece in pallavi is good
otherwise so so…..SPB is wasted…Arulmozi and surendar gets a chance to sing for
raja. 4/10

Adida Melantha
Quite an ordinary song. Nothing more to write. Disappointed to see SPB used for a song like this

Adida Melathai... SPB/Surender/Arunmozhi (45% marks)
KNVersion of Iyya Voodu..!! Alai vudu! but sounds good catchy! But this number is necessary for IR's different set of fans!!

However, from what I observed, this song enjoyed some teakkadai kind of time around that time. So, included here in this thread...

app_engine
19th June 2012, 01:36 AM
#414 வானம் பெருசு தான்
(ஃப்ரண்ட்ஸ், 2001, அருண்மொழி மற்றும் விஜய் ஏசுதாசுடன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0915'&lang=en)

'vAnam perusu dhAn' from friends, with Arunmozhi & Vijay Yesudass

One my favourite MF albums of rAsA, after I became a regular in tfmpage, was Friends. It was directed by Siddique-Lal who were from the Fazil camp and thus got connected to IR. That movie & songs were a big hit in Kerala. Though I've never watched that movie, I did have the album which was quite popular at home. Frequently played in the audio system at relatively loud levels:-) Especially the 'sivamallippoovE' song! WOW! It was like 'ninnukkOri varNam part II' to me, in the feel & the impact. I can never have enough of that beauty by KSC! 'kadal kARRil' also enjoyed a lot of listens - both the Sujatha & KJY versions!

Naturally, I was excited that this hit movie was getting remade in Thamizh - with rAsA music. I don't know what happened in the process, however. The Thamizh album was such a paridhAbam in comparison, strictly IMO. Agreed, 'poongARRE' is awesome. 'manjaL poosum' is acceptable. Rest are all paridhAbam :-( So, with somewhat heavy heart, I'll be closing this series with two SPB songs that were below average IMHO and where he shared space with two different male singers each.

Because the movie did well in Thamizh also, with Sanath 'VijayaSuriyA', the songs had their share of popularity - as MP3s / on internet / on sat channels etc. So, these cannot be totally ignored. But nothing to boast about. Friends (T) is, in a very small way, like Sadma - where originals were great and remade ones were so-so.

Hopefully, some day, Vijay Yesudass will sing like his father. I don't have any hope for the other singer.

app_engine
19th June 2012, 02:33 AM
#415 குயிலுக்கு கூ கூ
(ஃப்ரண்ட்ஸ், 2001 , ஹரிஹரன் மற்றும் சங்கர் மகாதேவனுடன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0910'&lang=en)

'kuyilukku koo koo' from Friends, with Hariharan & Shankar Mahadevan

So, the last song of the listing that had been running for 100's of days in this thread, features two popular singers from the ARR camp singing with SPB :wink: Both belong to the group of "thAi-mozhi-thamizh-but-made-it-big-at-Mumbai" musicians:-) Out of the two, HH made some big hits with IR in the 90's and the new millennium. SM didn't have that kind of a record with IR but his songs with ARR have become big in TFM (mudhalvanE vanE vannE vannE vannE vannE is one song I love). He has become the S of the S-E-L MD combo in HFM and are composing for the latest multilingual biggie by Kamal.

Possibly one of the very few movies for Vijay & Surya with IR's music. (Vijay had KM/KN and a couple of less-known movies prior. Surya had this and pithAmagan, both "shared-main-spot" kind of movies and not solo-hero kinds). The movie itself is possibly recalled today for the Vadivel jokes (& not much for the tension between the heroes). In any case, it is those hits that count in the industry and this happened to be one for all concerned.

With that not-so-satisfactory song, let me say 'muRRum' to this series :-) I sincerly thank all those who had patiently put up with me for 100's of days in this thread (some even appreciating me :lol2:)!

al_gates
19th June 2012, 02:42 AM
It is interesting to see the views of my fellow IR fans as we reflect on the post-1994 phase. Some of us chafe about the fact that people's tastes had changed. Others among us feel he badly under-performed. Some others feel he was just as good but nobody noticed it.
My perspective is a mix of 1(60%), 2(20%) and 3(20%).

As Malcolm Gladwell's book The Tipping Point would say, Factor 1 completely changed things and largely contributed to Factor 2. And the fact that satellite channels choose reasons other than music or tastes of musically discerning viewers to play their songs.

Now as I look at the 20-20s take over, I have to really go back a good decade or two to select one cricketing series that captured the imagination of the public : one that was talked about 2 months before it happened, one for which we gathered together weeks before to predict the performances and the outcome....The 1998 India-Aus series or the 2001 series: we dont have anything like that to raise the anticipation levels any more.
Tendulkar's greatest test innings came against Steyn at Capetown 2011. Does anyone even recollect that innings in these changed times?

So while i remember the Eighties as the Ilayaraja Decade, I will take comfort in the fact that the Nineties was the Decade of Tendulkar, Jordan and Sampras. In fact, I am reading Sampras' autobiography now and as a fan of Ivanisevic and Chang those days, Samps was my most-hated guy that decade. Reading the work of his own hands now, I am so fascinated by the simple soft-spoken, small-town raised man. He writes about being No.1 along these lines: To most people, becoming the best is too painful an achievement that puts a permanent bulls-eye on your back, 90% of the world will merely wait to see you fall, to make you belittled, to make you human, to rejoice at your defeats. A No.1 is never given the same evaluation standard as a No.2 or No.3. But it is just a simple desire of a human being to do what he loves best as well as he could.

I am comforted to see Ilayaraja in that light.

app_engine
19th June 2012, 02:58 AM
Nice perspective, al_gates!

I need to post the last few links, add the links to the excel sheet and make it available in the net for any who may need it in the future.

Also, need to do some stats presentation on this thread in the coming days...while waiting to enjoy further posts from Devaraagam, A_S on the app-missed-list & eagerly anticipating some in-depth posts from V_Sji for whatever song he feels worthy :-)

baroque
19th June 2012, 03:04 AM
:thumbsup::ty: app_eng!

We cherish the time spent with you!

Can't wait to enjoy your special picks from 'SWEET SUSHEELA WORKS FOR COMPOSER ILAYARAJA' series!

:musicsmile:

thanks to tfmpage!

vinatha.

Nerd
19th June 2012, 05:59 AM
App, standing ovation / hats off :clap: :bow: Can't believe its been a year already. One of the best threads in the hub definitely. And would be great on re-reads too.

Friends - Not a big fan of the songs, except manjaL poosum. The rukku rukku and the bhavatharini song are actually embarrassing to hear :oops: but hits nevertheless. The original cassette had Vijay intro-ing each and every song, starting with 'Friends, ...'. Super annoying it was. I bought the original cassette but later had the songs recorded sans the intros :-)

Looking forward to the vidupatta songs / V_S saar posts etc and the stats, of course :-)

app_engine
19th June 2012, 08:43 AM
mikka nanRi, baroque & Nerd!

PARAMASHIVAN
19th June 2012, 01:00 PM
There's a rumor on BBC website (posted by layman in the IR titbits thread) that the SPB song 'nAn thAngoppandA nalla muththuppErandA' from rAm latcuman could be played in the London olympics...

:shock: Link pls :)

PARAMASHIVAN
19th June 2012, 01:01 PM
Is that SPB :shock:

http://im.rediff.com/movies/2012/jun/18slide3.jpg

:shock: he seemed to have lost lots of weight and his face looks so not like SPB :roll:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th June 2012, 01:06 PM
Never liked any songs from friends. I think with the ARR influence over shadowed IR's albums since veera. I only liked "azhagi" and "naan Kadavul" song after veera :(

groucho070
19th June 2012, 01:18 PM
Raghu, avarukkum vayasAguthu. But his voice is still youthful...athu pOthum...

PARAMASHIVAN
19th June 2012, 01:23 PM
Raghu, avarukkum vayasAguthu. But his voice is still youthful...athu pOthum...

I know, he is 66 . But he has changed Dramatically in the last couple of years :|

Sureshs65
19th June 2012, 01:28 PM
app,

Yes. The Malayalam 'Friends' is so good that I heard Tamil 'Friends' only once and haven't heard it since. (I hope in your case, Tamil friends were as good as Malayali friends :D )

I am also not a big fan of the 'Kannukkul Nilavu' song. Song, not songs, for I love the other songs in that movie. This song is OKish sort compared to what Raja does with the other songs.

Anyway, three cheers to you for all your efforts. I can say that this is something only a person great passion could have done. I surely cannot sustain this long. (In twitter I started a Rare Raja series but couldn't sustain for more than 80s. And that too I didn't have to write more than 140 chars about the song!!!.) There are definitely some misses but those hopefully will be covered by others. Compared to what was covered, the misses are not an issue at all. Now looking forward to your Raja-Janaki thread :D

PARAMASHIVAN
19th June 2012, 01:38 PM
Great going App anna :thumbsup:

San_K
19th June 2012, 02:10 PM
#413 அடிடா மேளத்த நான் பாடும் பாட்டுக்கு
(கண்ணுக்குள் நிலவு, 2000) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1542'&lang=en)

One of the worst IR songs I have ever heard. not sure why I hate this much

app_engine
19th June 2012, 06:30 PM
nanRi Sureshji!

The SJ thread is reserved for Usha chEchi :wink: She perhaps has much more nostalgic memories of IR songs than many of us.

Like I mentioned before, I have plans to open a thread on IR-PS songs (not in the same format of everyday one song / nostalgia thookkal kind but with a different modus-operandi)...will take some time, though :-)

app_engine
19th June 2012, 06:31 PM
Great going App anna :thumbsup:

nanRi Param, for the continuous encouragement!

app_engine
19th June 2012, 08:23 PM
Song links to 1996 and prior from here (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=878350&viewfull=1#post878350)

Links to the last few SPB/IR hits (post 1996) :

#412 nAn thanga rOjA ennaippaRikka varuvAyA? (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=878381&viewfull=1#post878381)
#413 adidA mELaththa nAn pAdum pAttukku (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=879939&viewfull=1#post879939)
#414 vAnam perusu dhAn (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=879943&viewfull=1#post879943)
#415 kuyilukku koo koo sollikkoduppOm (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AA%E0%A F%8D%E0%AE%AA%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%81-%E0%AE%85%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%A4%E0%AF%8D%E0%A E%A4%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D-songs&p=879951&viewfull=1#post879951)

with that, 'muRRum' for app_engine's listing exercise :-)

raajarasigan
19th June 2012, 08:42 PM
App, for all your efforts :notworthy: :clap:
unga thread follow pandrathukke enakku time patthala... aana neenga ivlo thooram ovvoru paattukkum post pannatha nenaicha... :notworthy:

app_engine
19th June 2012, 08:59 PM
nanRi, raajarasigan!

Now that the "daily-attack" won't be there from me, you may find it possible to browse in a relaxed manner and check out here and there...also, once I upload the spreadsheet somewhere, it could help too...

skr
19th June 2012, 09:14 PM
Congrats App ,
This has indeed been a herculean effort by you covering so many songs in such a quick time..:bow:
You were just too fast for some of us (Reminiscent of IR in the 80s who unleashed song after song which is the reason why we still keep digging for his gems :) )
Also your memory power recollecting so many incidents with respect to your songful experiences a sama :thumbsup:

This is definitely a good collectors edition..
We can refer to the songs and your write up whenever required.

Will definitely be more active and follow the IR-Janaki or IR-PS series more closely :)
P.S : Sir , pls msg me your facebook profile id sir , ungala madhri oru celebrity hubber add pannikka virumbren :)

Thanks for all your efforts ..
Definitely will go down in Mayyam history as one of the greatest ever written series..

V_S
19th June 2012, 09:15 PM
App sir,
:clap: :notworthy: : notworthy: for your himalayan effort. What a commitment! :notworthy: That was a tremendous achievement and was greatly entertaining for more than a year. Whenever I login, I first come to your thread to see the updates, it was that tempting. One of the best threads in hub. We should try to keep this going, let us see how far we can go. I still have to start on Veera song. Working on Avatharam song, once I complete it, will start working on Veera song and many more, but as usual I am very slow. Thanks all for your patience.

app_engine
19th June 2012, 10:10 PM
mikka nanRi, skr & V_Sji!

Will wait for in-depth posts in this thread :-)

Plum
19th June 2012, 10:41 PM
app - mudinjuruchE :( :cry:.

Great effort app - evan paNnuvAn? :clap: :bow:

Murali Srinivas
19th June 2012, 11:08 PM
App,

It was a super duper effort. You are the one who brought me to this Music forum and but for you I would not have visited this section. Thanks for taking me on a trip don memory lane. Missed it initially [unaware] and the last 1 month coverage due to computer technical issues. Catching up with that.

Thanks again!

Regards

app_engine
19th June 2012, 11:32 PM
nanRi Plum & Murali sir for the kind words!

I should at this point of time give my sincere nanRikaL / acknowledgements / gratitude to the people who are running thiraippAdal!

vAzhka, vaLarka!
:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Without such a collection (and some help from rakkamma.com / IR's filmography in wiki / old tfmpages / some dhool pages), I wouldn't have had the drive to continue. I'm not that dedicated to search around the web to coherently post in a chronological manner. Neither do I have any kind of "old mag collections" or such archives that statisticians & chroniclers / reporters typically have access to. No diary habits either.

So, while all my posts are hub's property, in case anyone links them in their websites / blogs or anywhere else, I would request them to make a mention of thiraippAdal.

Though it has some errors here and there, no other repository of such level exists today!

app_engine
20th June 2012, 03:57 AM
Complete list of the songs posted (with url's of posts embedded), in the 2003 excel format is here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?c1sincak61oc2un

Devaraagam sir, please confirm if you're able to use this...if not, I can e-mail or make it available using other possible methods :-)

genesis
20th June 2012, 04:40 AM
Great work app_engine. I started visiting hub regularly only to read this thread. You kept it interesting from first song to the last one....

Many many thanks for taking us through these wonderful 15+ years and also sharing your life experiences with us. I am not sure about me and others who participated here, but it will remain great memory for you!! I want to say much more, but I am not a good writer.

THANK YOU!!!

groucho070
20th June 2012, 06:54 AM
Thanks for all your efforts ..
Definitely will go down in Mayyam history as one of the greatest ever written series..Absolutely. App, enna sollurathunu theriyila, inglis-la speechless-nu-mbainggala, athu....really, what dedication, what passion, what a thread, what a contribution. Superb!!!

San_K
20th June 2012, 11:35 AM
Great effort app :clap: and fine write-ups on Superb songs of golden era. You are one of big sothu of this forum

PARAMASHIVAN
20th June 2012, 12:52 PM
Whenever I login, I first come to your thread to see the updates, it was that tempting. One of the best threads in hub. We should try to keep this going, let us see how far we can go.

Me too! One of the reason for me to visit this hub! App anna pineetenga pOnga :thumbsup: :clap: :notworthy:

app_engine
20th June 2012, 09:25 PM
mikka nanRi genesis, groucho, San_K & Param!

Now that I've posted the excel sheet on a share drive on web, it's possible for A_S / Devaraagam / others to identify the missed hits and start posting about them here :-)

Divine22
20th June 2012, 10:05 PM
App sir, :clap: :clap: :clap: for your awesome write ups & for sharing your wonderful experiences and stories. I have never missed following this thread for over a year now. It has been a tremendous journey. :bow: :bow: :bow:

jaiganes
20th June 2012, 11:04 PM
A_E - mega achievment in spanning this thread!! next target enna saar?

Sureshs65
20th June 2012, 11:06 PM
Jai,

He has mentioned his next target is Raja - Susheela

app_engine
20th June 2012, 11:30 PM
nanRi Divine22 & jaiganes!

Like Sureshji mentioned, some IR-PS songs - not all - in a different format...but it won't be immediate.

Devaraagam
21st June 2012, 12:04 AM

Now that I've posted the excel sheet on a share drive on web, it's possible for A_S / Devaraagam / others to identify the missed hits and start posting about them here :-)

Definitely App, Will look ur excel and will give you the missed out song..might u cud have ignored it purposefully or might not be heard earlier. lets see how many are coming out n my digging.

Devaraagam
21st June 2012, 12:10 AM
App,
as sureshs65 mentioned, we were not able to post consistently due to various reasons. Hope I can give you some new songs as my treat :)

Devaraagam
21st June 2012, 12:41 AM
Songs Left out by App - 001:

Film: Annanukku Jey
Singers: SPB and Chitra
Year: 1988 (Thiraipadal saying 1989)

Link:http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0271'&lang=en

This is one of my evergreen favorite Album. I never discounted any of these songs while listening. 3 SPB treats are there but this one got hit during that period. Since i was studying school at that time, not able to recollect any other information related to this film.

Highlights of This song:
1. Rendering of SPB, (does not mean chitra has not done better.. :), some places SPB-in nelivu sulivu no one can beat him)
2. Beat which flows through out the song
3. violin pieces which comes in interludes.
4. one more instrument..which comes end of 2nd interlude.

PARAMASHIVAN
21st June 2012, 12:59 PM

App anna

How can I access that excel sheet, I want to add some albums that you have missed / Not heard of to that list. :)

app_engine
21st June 2012, 06:54 PM
App anna

How can I access that excel sheet, I want to add some albums that you have missed / Not heard of to that list. :)

Please download the excel sheet from the link in this post (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-புதுப்புது-அர்த்தங்கள்-songs&p=880778&viewfull=1#post880778). It's stored in "mediafire" shared drive. Once you download the file, it's all yours :-)

app_engine
21st June 2012, 06:59 PM
nanRi Devaraagam sir!

Please continue :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
21st June 2012, 08:13 PM
Please download the excel sheet from the link in this post (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-புதுப்புது-அர்த்தங்கள்-songs&p=880778&viewfull=1#post880778). It's stored in "mediafire" shared drive. Once you download the file, it's all yours :-)

Sukriya hai :)

baroque
21st June 2012, 08:21 PM
App_eng,

your EXCEL SHEET data is amazing!:)

thanks.

PARAMASHIVAN
21st June 2012, 08:23 PM
Come on folks 12 more pages to go!

baroque
22nd June 2012, 06:02 AM
Songs Left out by App - 001:

Film: Annanukku Jey
Singers: SPB and Chitra
Year: 1988 (Thiraipadal saying 1989)

Link:http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0271'&lang=en (http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR0271%27&lang=en)

This is one of my evergreen favorite Album. I never discounted any of these songs while listening. 3 SPB treats are there but this one got hit during that period. Since i was studying school at that time, not able to recollect any other information related to this film.

Highlights of This song:
1. Rendering of SPB, (does not mean chitra has not done better.. :), some places SPB-in nelivu sulivu no one can beat him)
2. Beat which flows through out the song
3. violin pieces which comes in interludes.
4. one more instrument..which comes end of 2nd interlude.

ANNANUKKU JAY

Vasu with chithra's composition SOLAI ILANGKUYILEY......is a beauty!:musicsmile:

balaji
22nd June 2012, 03:44 PM
App_Engine

Sir, great job indeed. The focus, dedication, relentless pursuit, all shows signs of a great person.

Thanks for sharing your rich experience with each of the songs you posted.

Great job indeed
Bala

app_engine
22nd June 2012, 06:05 PM
nanRi baroque & balaji!

I'll probably be able to do a stat post today...the easiest one - discussion of % of solos v/s otherwise (after some verification of the spreadsheet).

Sureshs65
22nd June 2012, 11:26 PM
Currently listening to this beauty. Somehow I think the singers are really optimal but still an enjoyable song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ygrPODJQ0

app_engine
23rd June 2012, 12:36 AM
IR-SPB stats #1 on Solo v/s others

baroque often tells Bala as 'lover boy' & he keeps that reputation intact in this % :-)

He had done only 37% out of the 415 hits as solo - which is still a big number of 154!

Please look at the chart below, that shows no significant variation over the years - it had touched or crossed the 50% mark only in 1982 & 1992...I think the song in 2000 is wrongly classified as solo - the kaNNukkuL nilavu one, there may be another male singer, that's the only 100% year otherwise :lol2:.

(Please note that 'mAnguyilE' is classified as solo, even though there is another hit version with SJ. There could be similar cases. Also, for simplicity's sake, "kuzhuvinar" are ignored - e.g. 'AdungaL pAdungaL piLLaipponvaNdukaL' is considered a solo)

SPB-IR hit songs statistics - 1

Year

Total

Solo

Otherwise

% Solo

0%

33%

38%

39%

39%

35%

53%

26%

22%

47%

34%

36%

42%

30%

47%

42%

50%

43%

38%

0%

25%

0%

100%

0%

Total

37%

app_engine
23rd June 2012, 12:48 AM
The next stat post will be about the SPB-SJ pair... that is for another day :wink:

baroque
23rd June 2012, 07:51 AM
kalakkureenga...:)

app_eng!

Devaraagam
23rd June 2012, 07:35 PM
002 - songs left out by app.

MAANIKKA SILAIEY
1988 - kadhal oivathillai
SPB, SJ

I believe this Telugu dubbing but I am not sure. One thing which I am remembering abt this movie is, acted by Karthik. As usuall SPB thullal. I have identified this song from my collection and could not able to find it @ thiraipaadal but raaga has the song.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/moviedetail.asp?mid=t0002735

Sureshs/aakarsh can throw some light on its Telugu movie name. Those who want to buy audio cd look at lhari cassets and CDs

Nice song. One more nice song there in this movie will post next.

V_S
23rd June 2012, 08:42 PM
Devaraagam,
Wonderful song and great pick. Thanks! What a composition! :notworthy: Interludes are just freaky with explosive guitar, trumpets, flutes. Listening to it after quite long time. In fact, every song in this movie is like that. Telugu movie name is Gopala Rao Gari Abbayi. Telugu equivalent song, Komalithanuve is nice to hear compared to Thamizh version, even if it is the same pair singing both the versions.

My favorite is Raave Mohini again by the same pair. Paruvaala Muripaalu with Vani Jayaram is another stunner and Golla Kaanthala Valuvalu with S P Shailaja is again a sweet melody which has so many nuances in interludes. WCM at its best. Sorry, I can't leave any compositions.

Raave Mohini - I'm in splits. Any adjective will not satisfy this one. Totally captivating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVqRmW3tsI

rajkumarc
23rd June 2012, 10:10 PM
Wanted to salute you App for your outstanding commitment to posting about the SPB-IR hit songs for more than a year. It was a joy ride all the way for us reading about the songs intermingled with your personal experiences that invoked lot of nostalgia for me. Am eagerly awaiting your next series.

Sureshs65
24th June 2012, 01:29 PM
V_S,

You are right. 'Gopala Rao Gaari Abbayi' is an outstanding album in all respects. 'komali thanuve' is guitar at its best.

Devaraagam
24th June 2012, 01:36 PM
V_S,

thanks for the link and I hav found the tamil song also in youtube. casts were karthik,ramya krishnan and rajendra prasad,aswini..

Sureshs65
24th June 2012, 01:40 PM
For me, it is surprising how I missed this film. A whole gang of us were big fans of Rajendra Prasad and we would go to any movie of his. He was definitely one of the best comedy heroes I have seen. So every Friday evening used to be dedicated either for a Rajendra Prasad movie or to Sangeeth theater. If this was released during the late 1986 to 1988 timeframe, then I could have missed it as I was then studying in Bangalore. I am not sure if this movie was a hit. Most of the Rajendra Prasad movies were directed by people like Jandhyala, EVV Satyanarayana etc and it is surprising to see Manivannan directing this movie.

Devaraagam
25th June 2012, 12:17 PM
003 - Songs Missed out by App.

Song: Pallaviey Saranam
Film: Oruvar Vaazhum Aalayam
Singer: SPB and SJ
Year:1988

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2501'&lang=en

wonderful song which I had recognized just 15 yrs back, previously, I got hooked with Nee Pournami for long time and suddenly I felt the beauty of SPB and the pleasant feeling of this song.

PARAMASHIVAN
25th June 2012, 02:01 PM
One of the major "Missed list" is Inisai Mazhai! Which I think was released in the mid 90's. It had wonderfull SPB songs, I guess the movie was a flop, hence the songs did not get the credit it deserved!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oXSgz-ohI-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lf0yS3nfTE&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm_zzDKEwcI&feature=player_detailpage

PARAMASHIVAN
25th June 2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IjblOIvKyE&feature=player_detailpage

app_engine
25th June 2012, 07:21 PM
mikka nanRi rajkumarc, for your kind words!

Nice to see Devaraagam sir continuing the missed ones - while some of these are new to me, there's no doubt these were pretty familiar to those who lived inside TN during late 80's & 90''s :-)

app_engine
25th June 2012, 07:23 PM
I love the pallaviyE saraNam song - that I heard a few years back for the first time when trying to get the 'malaiyOram mayilE veLaiyAdum kuyilE' song on the web. (That one is a KSC stunner with MV doing an effortless job as usual).

I didn't include it during my listing because I wasn't sure if the song was big with the public.

Devaraagam
26th June 2012, 01:47 AM
Param, innisai mazhai songs were Hit at the time movie release. It's not stayed as hit after that year. Repeated Audience were less :) I think it came for Tamil new year or Diwali. During that period 8 to 12 movies were released from IR. few are coming to my mind immidiatly.

Singaravelan
Unnai nianichen paattukku padichen
Uthama rasa
Bharathan
Thangaraj. Kili

Those period were like ETHAI KETPATHU ETHAI VIDUVATHU kind of period for us

Devaraagam
26th June 2012, 01:48 AM
App,

I am mentioning the songs like its nice and shoe u had missed in this thread

PARAMASHIVAN
26th June 2012, 01:26 PM
Param, innisai mazhai songs were Hit at the time movie release. It's not stayed as hit after that year. Oh Ok, It looks like telugu dubbed movie. Am I right ?

Uthamarasa

It had about 4/5 SPB songs ( I think). App anna, have they been discussed ?

Bharathan
No SPB song :(

Devaraagam
26th June 2012, 05:27 PM
Oh Ok, It looks like telugu dubbed movie. Am I right ?

:(

its pure tamil film directed by shoba chandrasekar (vijay's mother). Additional titbit: IR was working with her mother when they running drama/dance i believe and he knows her from earlier stage itself.

PARAMASHIVAN
26th June 2012, 05:45 PM
its pure tamil film directed by shoba chandrasekar (vijay's mother). Additional titbit: IR was working with her mother when they running drama/dance i believe and he knows her from earlier stage itself.

Oh thanks Devaragam sir :)

KV
26th June 2012, 08:48 PM
seththanikku koopta paththanikku poi nikkira pazhakkam vittutu pOga maattEngudhu. :oops:
naa medhuva vandhuttrikkEn, innum mudikkala (thanks for that xl sheet!).
congrats on the whole series, A_E. hub-la idhu oru mukyamaana sahaaptham! :clap:

venkkiram
26th June 2012, 09:02 PM
பாராட்டுக்கள் App. நெடிய பயணத்தை திறம்பட நடத்தி முடித்ததற்கு! எல்லோரும் உங்களோடு தத்தம் பழைய நினைவுகளில் மூழ்கி கரை திரும்பி விட்டோம்.

app_engine
26th June 2012, 09:39 PM
mikka nanRi KV & venkkiram, for the very kind words!

While I'm claiming everywhere that IR-SPB is one top combo in the history of IFM, which is anybody's guess and a true statement, I'll have to be honest to admit that this may not be the #1 in terms of hit song count :oops:

We have now documented 415 hits in that excel sheet. If we add the songs that are getting posted by Devaraagam sir, it may get to a maximum of 500. I don't think it can exceed that.

OTOH, the virtual monopoly of TMS during the MGR-Sivaji era, could mean that he had more number of hit songs. However, it's only a GUESS at this point of time and cannot be substantiated with numbers / details / statistics.

Some may ask, what's the basis for such a guess?

Well, MGR did > 100 movies and Sivaji did > 200 movies doing the hero role. Even if we allow ONLY 50% of these movies having hit songs with MSV(+) / TMS, it gives >150 movies :shock: (I'm sure that is a worst case scenario because the reality is majority had MSV(+) with at least one TMS hit song in average, with all the discounts given for CSJ / AMR / KJY / SPB / PBS etc singers).

Having reduced to 50%, or 150 films, I'll have to account for a minimum of 3 songs per film which automatically lifts his count above of IR-SPB. (add those movies of Gemini / Jaishankar etc and the counts will ekiRufy).

However, that part is still a guess and I hope some HCMSV(+)F takes up the job.
(It goes without saying that most HCMSVF's are HCTMSF's as well :-) )

Devaraagam
27th June 2012, 12:18 PM
004 - songs missed out by App ( #420)

Song: anbukathai
Film: uruthi mozhi
Singer: SPB
Year: 1990

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3838'&lang=en

Very 1st time ( 1990)when I was listening this album, immediately this song attracted me because of the lyric type and SPB rendition. Later only I moved to adhikalai and jinukku jinukku and just one year back "thakkira" because of the SPB standard free flow and Kendal way of signing.

app_engine
27th June 2012, 07:46 PM
Param,
w.r.t your question on uththama rAsA :

It had about 4/5 SPB songs ( I think). App anna, have they been discussed ?

The song indha mAmanOda manasu (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-புதுப்புது-அர்த்தங்கள்-songs&p=864707&viewfull=1#post864707) alone got discussed as #386 :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
27th June 2012, 08:25 PM
Param,
w.r.t your question on uththama rAsA :

The song indha mAmanOda manasu (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-புதுப்புது-அர்த்தங்கள்-songs&p=864707&viewfull=1#post864707) alone got discussed as #386 :-)

great :)

Devaraagam
28th June 2012, 03:10 PM
005 - songs missed out by App ( #421)

Song: Kuiley Ilamaan
Film: Senthamiz Selvan
Year: 1994

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3286'&lang=en

This is the only song l liked from sentamizh selvan when the movie got released. This is another joint venture of MSV and IR, then I liked some what liked Rathri pozhuthu just because of few lines rendered by SPB.

Listen the way SPB say Paattu esa paatu...its amazing.

PARAMASHIVAN
28th June 2012, 04:24 PM
005 - songs missed out by App ( #421)

Song: Kuiley Ilamaan
Film: Senthamiz Selvan

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3286'&lang=en

This is the only song l liked from sentamizh selvan when the movie got released. This is another joint venture of MSV and IR, then I liked some what liked Rathri pozhuthu just because of few lines rendered by SPB.

Listen the way SPB say Paattu esa paatu...its amazing.

Devaragam sir

Good selection. Never knew this was MSV + IR venture. IIRC there are only three movies like these ( MTK, Senthamizh selvan, Senthamizh pattu) right ??

Divine22
28th June 2012, 07:49 PM
IR & MSV ~~ Vishwathulasi (2004) too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishwa_Thulasi

Devaraagam
28th June 2012, 07:57 PM
IR & MSV ~~ Vishwathulasi (2004) too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishwa_Thulasi in Viswa thulasi IR done only RR

PARAMASHIVAN
28th June 2012, 08:13 PM
ir done only rr

bgm ??

app_engine
29th June 2012, 03:01 AM
We had the SPB solo stats posted last week as stat post #1 (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8541-The-Golden-Era-of-Dr-IR-and-Dr-SPB-306-புதுப்புது-அர்த்தங்கள்-songs&p=883802&viewfull=1#post883802)

Now, time for the stat post #2 - SPB/IR combo having SJ on the boat :-)

Have a look at the numbers first:

Year

Total

with SJ

with SJ & oth

% with SJ

100%

33%

17%

39%

47%

40%

53%

62%

47%

49%

43%

16%

18%

33%

25%

27%

38%

25%

37%

These numbers mean, there were more SPB-IR hits with SJ than SPB solos themselves :-)

What a fantastic combo they made...Out of the 154 hits, 149 were duets :wink:

The remaining five songs are :
-nAnoru ponnOviyam (SPB/PS/SJ)
-andhi mazhai pozhikiRadhu (Technically a duet, don't want to leave out TVG)
-thAzham poovE kaNNuRangu (SPB/SJ/UR)
-O veNNilAvE vA Odi vA (SPB/SJ/SPS)
-ada machcham uLLa (SPB/SJ/SPS)

There are some other trivia :

-No SPB-SJ hit in the year 1978, very surprising because SJ was singing in almost all IR albums then.
-virtual monopoly in the year 1984 for this pair :shock:
-SJ had a major share in all years where the # of hits exceeded 30
-Sharp drop even during early 90's & none after 1994 :shock:

Devaraagam
30th June 2012, 12:43 PM
bgm ??
Yes param

baroque
1st July 2012, 11:38 AM
Very interesting, App_eng!
1978 - Bala's favorite girl doesn't have a hit song in that yr while susheela with thaalaattu.... en kanmani.... etc.. , Vani with orey naal unai naan... etc.. are/were popular!:musicsmile:

yeah... after 1994, siraichalai, poovarasan etc.. are chitra with Bala!
thanks..

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 04:20 AM
nalvaravu, baroque!

If we add all those SPB-SJ hits with other composers, their hit duets in the history of TFM'll easily exceed double century!

One of the most successful duet pairs in the history of music (I think anywhere, not just TFM or IFM)...

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd July 2012, 02:25 PM
Have VK's dharma songs been discussed or mentioned here ? :roll:

Devaraagam
2nd July 2012, 02:36 PM
param, dharma is there in my list wait for few more days. :)

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd July 2012, 02:41 PM
param, dharma is there in my list wait for few more days. :)

Nandri sir :) "Iru kangal pOthathu rAsathi oorgOlathai pArka" was a lovely song from this movie.

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd July 2012, 08:51 PM
Some food for thought :lol2:

http://tfmpage.com/forum/12892.18601.08.16.00.html

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 09:21 PM
Some food for thought :lol2:

http://tfmpage.com/forum/12892.18601.08.16.00.html

Param,
Those were days when song samples weren't quickly available on the web. You can locate me in that thread struggling with 'rAththiri nEraththil ragasiyappEykaLin star wars' song :oops:

So, a lot of credit as to how quickly we can analyze topics nowadays goes to thiraippadal :clap:

PARAMASHIVAN
2nd July 2012, 09:37 PM
Param,
Those were days when song samples weren't quickly available on the web. You can locate me in that thread struggling with 'rAththiri nEraththil ragasiyappEykaLin star wars' song :oops:

:lol2: I know, but IIRC Raaga / cooltoad was around that time. :roll:

Devaraagam
3rd July 2012, 01:29 PM
006 - Songs Missed Out by App (#422)

Song: Mayangum vennilavin
Film: Adhiradi padai
Singers: SPB and KSC (thiraipaadal has mentioned the singers wrongly)

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0329'&lang=en

This film came along with Amaithi padi and IR has some soft corner for RK selvamani, so this film has also few good song but this is one of the beautiful composition and which supported by SPB and KSC. somehow I felt that SPB voice during 1992, 1993 and 1994 were has something like meting sound which melt me like anything.

I vaguely remember that this movie was produced by Roja and she acted with suman for this song.

expecting your view on this song because this was not much popular but very good song in my track of records.

al_gates
5th July 2012, 04:00 AM
App,
My apologies for this delayed post :(

Just to give you an idea of how much this series meant to me, I used to think a few years ago while I was a student in this country to bring my parents one day to spend time with me. Years rolled by, I had a wife and 2 lovely kids and my parents were here last summer. It was fun to often work from home at the same time chatting with 3 generations of my loved ones(parent/spouse/kid) or watch my mother tell stories to her grandson(my son). That was one huge fulfilment in life that we all cherish. So yeah, no matter how much fun we had I would often peep in to this thread to see what song you covered and what new sidestory you added to your reminiscing(spelling?)

And to add icing on the cake, I chanced upon this thread which made me open an account and post in this forum! As an IR fan it was always my secret fantasy for years to sit with a veteran IR fan portray in vivid detail how IR brought out hit after hit and how his anticipation for each IR movie slowly turned into delirious delight and fascination on hearing the album. My older cousins who were such IR fans probably have moved on to other things in life. Your style of narration was such a dream come true. I just couldnt believe myself that someone was doing exactly that kind of job in these pages. Having seen discussion forums die on the internet in the last 4-5 years(Twitter,shitter, etc which do not stimulate any questions, you either agree with or shut up with what is posted), this thread was too good to be true.

That IR's 1000 stars was one of my cherished find of the 2000 decade and what a jackpot to find the author of that deliver another great jackpot this decade! :-D Unbelievable luck indeed to me!!! THANK YOU SIR! :notworthy:

PS: There is a divine purpose in you being away from TN during IR's scintillating days - it only made your appreciation of his music much more passionate and intense, which even after all these years spills out in a forum like this, adding to and enriching the feelings of other IR fans like me. Definitely I believe this.

PARAMASHIVAN
5th July 2012, 01:06 PM
App,
My apologies for this delayed post :(

Just to give you an idea of how much this series meant to me, I used to think a few years ago while I was a student in this country to bring my parents one day to spend time with me. Years rolled by, I had a wife and 2 lovely kids and my parents were here last summer. It was fun to often work from home at the same time chatting with 3 generations of my loved ones(parent/spouse/kid) or watch my mother tell stories to her grandson(my son). That was one huge fulfilment in life that we all cherish. So yeah, no matter how much fun we had I would often peep in to this thread to see what song you covered and what new sidestory you added to your reminiscing(spelling?)

And to add icing on the cake, I chanced upon this thread which made me open an account and post in this forum! As an IR fan it was always my secret fantasy for years to sit with a veteran IR fan portray in vivid detail how IR brought out hit after hit and how his anticipation for each IR movie slowly turned into delirious delight and fascination on hearing the album. My older cousins who were such IR fans probably have moved on to other things in life. Your style of narration was such a dream come true. I just couldnt believe myself that someone was doing exactly that kind of job in these pages. Having seen discussion forums die on the internet in the last 4-5 years(Twitter,shitter, etc which do not stimulate any questions, you either agree with or shut up with what is posted), this thread was too good to be true.

That IR's 1000 stars was one of my cherished find of the 2000 decade and what a jackpot to find the author of that deliver another great jackpot this decade! :-D Unbelievable luck indeed to me!!! THANK YOU SIR! :notworthy:

PS: There is a divine purpose in you being away from TN during IR's scintillating days - it only made your appreciation of his music much more passionate and intense, which even after all these years spills out in a forum like this, adding to and enriching the feelings of other IR fans like me. Definitely I believe this.

Very well said sir! This thread is the main reason for me to log into the hub, all thanks to great story writter APP_Engine anna :thumbsup: :clap:

Sureshs65
5th July 2012, 03:54 PM
DR,

Superb song. I wonder how I missed this !!! This will now go into my regular playlist. Thanks for the introduction to this song.

To those who haven't heard it, kindly go and listen to the link which DR has posted. You will not regret it.

al_gates,

Superb from the heart writeup. I always believe that the longevity of an artists work will be greater if the appreciation is not tinged with nostalgia. Nostalgia colors our perception and that is why people say that the true worth of an artist will only be known in his grandson's days. What you say, that you were away during Raja's heydays, makes it more clear that Raja is affecting you beyond the nostalgia effect. It is the same with me. My nostalgia is still with MSV, KVM, R D Burman and other Telugu music directors. For me, Raja has been a discovery most of the time. And going by the fact that the 20s youngsters are discovering and appreciating Raja on their own, we can rest assured of his legacy being kept alive.

And as you say, app had a wonderful way of invoking nostalgia in the people of his generation/region. At the same time his writings on the music itself made many people, who didn't have nostalgia associated with the song, go and listen to it. Beyond doubt this was one of the greatest threads in TFM Page. App's place in TFMPage history is assured for sure.

app_engine
5th July 2012, 07:26 PM
mikka nanRi al_gates for your kind words and the continuous support to this thread!

Thank you Sureshji & Param for the kind words as well! Like I keep mentioning, these are all sambaLam for karumbu thinnal :-)

Devaraagam sir,
I thoroughly enjoyed the latest song posted by you (from the R K Selvamani movie)...both SPB & KSC in top form for a delicious IR composition! Because of the immense volume of IR's work, there are hundreds of such songs that many of us have missed over the years and will keep finding them from time to time :-)

app_engine
5th July 2012, 07:38 PM
BTW, al_gates, the IR 1000 stars was not "authored" by me :oops:

I simply started a thread during my initial days of tfmpage to list some 1000 songs of IR that were not just hits but "decent" as well. (There were clear instructions as to how to qualify each song...for e.g. songs such as ponmEni urukuthE / nEththu rAththiri / nilA kAyudhu were not to be included due to the mukkal munakals).

Though I requested people to also write a few words about the songs / albums (and not simply list them), and even demonstrated with my posts that had some description, most DFers started simply listing them feverishly. It ran so fast that I found it difficult to keep up with the thread - those days of not-so-reliable net connection :lol2:

So, most posts were not mine. Actually, few of those songs weren't even familiar to me :oops:

All that I did was, picking up the songs from the 100's of posts and entering into an excel sheet. (That sheet was hosted by admin on the thread title for easy access...but due to a server crash, that was gone and I used to e-mail to whoever requested later on...)

Devaraagam
6th July 2012, 08:49 AM
007 - Songs Missed Out by App (#423)

Song: On En Deva Deviey
Film: Kanmani
Singers: SPB, Swarnalatha and Minmini

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1485'&lang=en

I like this song very much because of SPB and Swarnalatha, the variation they brought in their rendition and whenever listening, my complete focus will be into this song, no matter of time and activity I am doing. In my opinion, this is one of the song which was not filmed properly and not reached to audience properly.

post your views and thoughts.

Devaraagam
6th July 2012, 08:51 AM
thanks Suresh. the film (adhiradi padai) was bi lingual and i do not know the name of its Telugu name. can some one share the name of the movie?

PARAMASHIVAN
6th July 2012, 02:35 PM
007 - Songs Missed Out by App (#423)

Song: On En Deva Deviey
Film: Kanmani
Singers: SPB, Swarnalatha and Minmini

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1485'&lang=en

IIRC It was a prashanth film right ?

Gregorysab
6th July 2012, 06:20 PM
006 - Songs Missed Out by App (#422)

Song: Mayangum vennilavin
Film: Adhiradi padai
Singers: SPB and KSC (thiraipaadal has mentioned the singers wrongly)

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0329'&lang=en

This film came along with Amaithi padi and IR has some soft corner for RK selvamani, so this film has also few good song but this is one of the beautiful composition and which supported by SPB and KSC. somehow I felt that SPB voice during 1992, 1993 and 1994 were has something like meting sound which melt me like anything.

I vaguely remember that this movie was produced by Roja and she acted with suman for this song.

This was dubbed into telugu as "Samaram" (i think).

Gregorysab
6th July 2012, 06:32 PM
in Viswa thulasi IR done only RR

As far as I can remember it right, Raaja also composed 2 songs:

1. En Maname
2. Engum piranthathu (short song)

Interestingly, both have Tippu as singer.

Devaraagam
6th July 2012, 08:04 PM
IIRC It was a prashanth film right ? yes and again directed by rk selvamani

PARAMASHIVAN
9th July 2012, 02:32 PM
yes and again directed by rk selvamani

Thanks, Eagerly waiting for your "Dharma" reviews :)

Devaraagam
9th July 2012, 05:34 PM
008 - Songs Missed Out by App (#424)

Song: Sembaruthi
Film: Dharma
Year: 1998
Singers: SPB and Swarnalatha

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0626'&lang=en

After some gap from SPB and IR came together in this movie and this album got more numbers from SPB (I feel this was the last movie came with more number from SPB on IR Music) , Param, I know you are not expecting this song but I liked this very much after few round of listening of Dharma than iru kangal. few places...like kuthala kuiley....neethanma....SPB rocks with his mark which we cannot expect from other singers.

This is a remake of sunny deol hindi movie and I forgot the name of that movie..fortunately this did not work out in Tamil (nothing there to work out was the reason :) ).

Still I remember that my friend got wild on me because I took him to this movie because of Raja.

PARAMASHIVAN
9th July 2012, 06:06 PM
008 - Songs Missed Out by App (#424)

Song: Sembaruthi
Film: Dharma
Year: 1998
Singers: SPB and Swarnalatha

Param, I know you are not expecting this song but I liked this very much after few round of listening of Dharma than iru kangal. .

:oops: I completely forgot about this song, thanks for reminding me. :) , to my memory the only song that comes in to my mind is "Iru kangal POthathu" , I tried to avoid the movie for obvious reasons :lol2: ( I hear Aanast raj coming :shaking: :yessir: ) , perhaps I need to re visit this album. Thanks Devaragam sir :)

app_engine
9th July 2012, 10:45 PM
The thread has crossed 400K views!
:clap:

RR sir / admin / mods, please consider revising the title :-)

app_engine
9th July 2012, 10:49 PM
BTW, there had been a mere 50 downloads of the spreadsheet :lol:

"posthakamA pOdanum"nu sonna perumakkaL mEdaikku varavum
:rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
10th July 2012, 02:41 PM
// Just a general question, I was not around when IR debut "Annakili" or MSV debut movies where released, but was around for ARR's roja! Did Annakili / MSV debut movie (don't know what it is) create such impact like Roja did ?? Thanks //

Devaraagam
10th July 2012, 03:07 PM
Annakili did big impact in the public. public had discussed the music positively at the same time negatively also..like..different music, how folk songs can compose with light music instruments? ennathu thappu adikrathu ellam musica?, Anantha vikatan did not mention anything about the music. Heard that Music took the movie to 100 days plus. this is what I heard from my Dad because I was 2 yrs by that time not remember anything...some what I can recollect the songs of ennadi meenakshi...which i was humming and my Dad played repeatedly because of my torture (Not able to recollect anything on the songs which came prior to that.

PARAMASHIVAN
10th July 2012, 03:21 PM
Annakili did big impact in the public. public had discussed the music positively at the same time negatively also..like..different music, how folk songs can compose with light music instruments? ennathu thappu adikrathu ellam musica?, Anantha vikatan did not mention anything about the music. Heard that Music took the movie to 100 days plus. this is what I heard from my Dad because I was 2 yrs by that time not remember anything...some what I can recollect the songs of ennadi meenakshi...which i was humming and my Dad played repeatedly because of my torture (Not able to recollect anything on the songs which came prior to that.

Thanks for your Explanation :) My mum used to say that "Annakili unnai thEduthU" was still aired on Radio Ceylon around 1983 , and that she used to sing for me as a thallattu pattu to put me to sleep :)

PARAMASHIVAN
11th July 2012, 09:31 PM
According to wiki, these movies of IR were released during 1991, Does any body know if they had any SPB songs ??

Anbu sangili
eeramana rojave
katrpoora mulai
manitha jathi
pillai paasam
pudithiya raagam

app_engine
12th July 2012, 01:22 AM
According to wiki, these movies of IR were released during 1991, Does any body know if they had any SPB songs ??

check here :
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/year.php?schYear=1991&lang=en

I know for sure 'karpoora mullai' didn't have (Fazil movie that had the wonderful 'poongAviyam pEsum Oviyam' by KJY/PS/KSC).

Except anbuchchangili, all others are in the link above...

Devaraagam
12th July 2012, 11:17 AM

Anbu sangili
eeramana rojave
katrpoora mulai
manitha jathi
pillai paasam
pudithiya raagam no. Manitha kathai has good no from ga. eeramana rojave' pillar paasam and puthina raagam has delight from Mano.

Anbu sangili is not from IR

PARAMASHIVAN
12th July 2012, 02:18 PM
check here :
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/year.php?schYear=1991&lang=en

I know for sure 'karpoora mullai' didn't have (Fazil movie that had the wonderful 'poongAviyam pEsum Oviyam' by KJY/PS/KSC).

Except anbuchchangili, all others are in the link above...

Thanks,'poongAviyam pEsum Oviyam' was indeed a beautiful song!

PARAMASHIVAN
12th July 2012, 02:18 PM
no. Manitha kathai has good no from ga. eeramana rojave' pillar paasam and puthina raagam has delight from Mano.

Anbu sangili is not from IR

Thanks for the clarification :)

Devaraagam
13th July 2012, 02:53 PM
009 - songs missed out by App (#425)
Song: cozhar kula
Film: udanpirappu
Singers: IR and SPB

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3730'&lang=en

This one amazing song from IR &SPB. Somehow I feel when they sing together their chemistry worked out very well as both of them give importance to language and feeling. This was not a hit song but liked by everyone when they listen this on audio.

App had posted the vizhi vidu vizhi vidu from paattukku paada vaa so I m posting another song followed by this as I liked the combo of SPB & IR

PARAMASHIVAN
13th July 2012, 02:56 PM
009 - songs missed out by App (#425)
Song: cozhar kula
Film: udanpirappu
Singers: IR and SPB

IIRC This was a Sathyaraj/Sukanya/Rehman film right? and IIRC there was a SPB + :banghead: (mano) song as well?

Devaraagam
13th July 2012, 02:59 PM
010 - songs missed out by App (#426)

Song: poongkaatru
Film: nilavae mugam kaattu
Singer: IR & SPB

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3730'&lang=en

Another lively song about friends and sung by IR & SPB. Fast song and I liked this song too but it was not hit number

Devaraagam
13th July 2012, 03:00 PM
Param that song is Sami varutha Sami varuthu variety vidungada

PARAMASHIVAN
13th July 2012, 03:15 PM
Param that song is Sami varutha Sami varuthu variety vidungada

yeah that's the one, thanks for confirming it :)

app_engine
13th July 2012, 11:12 PM
Time for stat-post #3
(We've earlier covered the % of solo songs & the % of songs with SJ as stat-posts #1 & #2)

With each of the solos & SJ songs accounting for around 37% each, hit songs with others is not even 1/3 :-)

Of the 415, only 3 other co-singers make it to double digits - PS, KSC & SPS. And none of them anywhere near SJ's, please look at the chart below :

Year
Total
with KSC
with others
Total
non-solo
non-SJ
%
non-solo
non-SJ

33%

63%

43%

28%

24%

7%

26%

16%

8%

17%

21%

42%

52%

20%

33%

23%

19%

38%

100%

75%

100%

100%

27%

Trivia:
- PS has 19 (one of them with SJ / another with MV) & SPS has 20 (two of them with SJ, one with Kalyan).
- KSC's contribution is in the chart above and she had a terrific 1989, overtaking SJ!
- Other than SJ / PS / KSC / SPS, we have 14 male & 14 female singers who shared credits with SPB in these hits
- That makes the total # of co-singers in our 415 chart to 32 (18 F / 14 M)

app_engine
13th July 2012, 11:20 PM
For quick reference, following is the list of singers who were part of IR/SPB team in giving us the 415 hits covered by me :

The majors:

1. S Janaki
2. K S Chitra
3. S P Shailaja
4. P Suseela

The minors :

Female :

5. Asha B
6. Chaya
7. Jency
8. Kavitha K
9. Latha M
10. Minmini
11. Preeti U Singh
12. Rajeswari
13. Shoba
14. Shobana
15. Swarnalatha
16. Sundanda
17. Uma R
18. Vani J

Male :

19. Arunmozhi
20. Gangai A
21. Hariharan
22. IR
23. Kalyan
24. KJY
25. Mano
26. MV
27. PJ
28. R Sundarrajan
29. Shankar M
30. SNS
31. TVG
32. Vijay Y

app_engine
13th July 2012, 11:23 PM
If one keeps adding non-listed singers (e.g. TMS / Krishnachandar / Jikki), he / she can understand that IR had used a ton of singers for his hit songs :wink:

app_engine
13th July 2012, 11:24 PM
ok, the next stat post should be "IR/SPB hits for what heroes"...well, after sometime :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
16th July 2012, 07:36 PM
Did SPB win any awards for "Teri Payal Mere Geet" ??

Devaraagam
21st July 2012, 04:43 PM
011 - songs missed out by App (#427)

Song: Raakozhi Thoongum
Film: Maharasan
Singer: SPB & SJ

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1866'&lang=en

This song has amazing percussion and superb rendition by SPB and SJ. This film was a very ordinary one and kamal done this to help someone. only this song on was worth on that movie but later I observed that MV had dominated on this album.

App, I think you had missed this consciously :) so I am including it.

Devaraagam
21st July 2012, 04:54 PM
012 - songs missed out by App (#428)

Song: Poo Malai Ponnukku
Film: Manam virumbuthey Unnai

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1909'&lang=en

This album got released along with kadhal kavithai but film got released very late. lets come to the song, this is another song where SPB holding the complete ownership and delivered the cool melody. actually, i used to skip this song so frequently but one point of time I liked this than Hariharan number.

Devaraagam
21st July 2012, 04:57 PM
012 - songs missed out by App (#428)

Song: Poo Malai Ponnukku
Film: Manam virumbuthey Unnai

http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1909'&lang=en

This album got released along with kadhal kavithai but film got released very late. lets come to the song, this is another song where SPB holding the complete ownership and delivered the cool melody. actually, i used to skip this song so frequently but one point of time I liked this than Hariharan number.

Devaraagam
21st July 2012, 05:28 PM
013 - songs missed out by app ( #429)

Song: paarthethenna
Film: naangal
Singers SPB and ksc

,http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2225'&lang=en

Nice melody from SPB and he had marked his smile on this song too. This was not a hit number but good number. I think this movie was acted by Shivaji, Prabu and deepika

Initial days I liked namma boss song just because of ir rendition. Enjoy

disk.box
22nd July 2012, 07:08 PM
ஒற்றைக் கருப்பொருளுக்காக தங்கள் அரிய நேரத்தினை ஒதுக்கியமைக்கு நன்றி.
விரிதாள் தொகுப்பிற்கு மற்றுமொரு நன்றி.
மலைக்கவைக்கும் சேவை மதிப்பிற்குரிய app_engine அவர்களே!.
உளமார்ந்த நன்றிகள் :).

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd July 2012, 03:10 PM
013 - songs missed out by app ( #429)

Song: paarthethenna
Film: naangal
Singers SPB and ksc

,http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2225'&lang=en

Nice melody from SPB and he had marked his smile on this song too. This was not a hit number but good number. I think this movie was acted by Shivaji, Prabu and deepika

Initial days I liked namma boss song just because of ir rendition. Enjoy

Very Nice song indeed! Quite addictive, SPB's tradmark laughs could be found in almost all the lines :)

app_engine
23rd July 2012, 06:32 PM
தங்கள் கனிவான சொற்களுக்கு நன்றி, disk.box!

:-)

PARAMASHIVAN
25th July 2012, 02:53 PM
Sad to see this thread being inactive for a long time ! :(

app_engine
25th July 2012, 07:43 PM
Param,
I may get my next stat post in a couple of days :-) Some work pressure right now...

Devaraagam sir is posting frequently the missed songs...

Someone can start posting the lyrics of all these 400+ songs in Thamizh font...to make this thread the one-stop-shop on the net, for anyone looking for IR-SPB combo TFM...

PARAMASHIVAN
25th July 2012, 07:52 PM
Someone can start posting the lyrics of all these 400+ songs in Thamizh font...to make this thread the one-stop-shop on the net, for anyone looking for IR-SPB combo TFM...

Good idea Anna, will do that soon :)

disk.box
26th July 2012, 03:24 AM
#1 . பாடல் - நான் பேச வந்தேன்
திரைப்படம் - பாலூட்டி வளர்த்த கிளி
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர்கள் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & எஸ்.ஜானகி
பாடலாசிரியர் -
ஆண்டு - 1976

நான் பேச வந்தேன்
சொல்லத்தான் ஓர் வார்த்தை இல்லை
திருவாய்மொழி திருவாசகம்
நான் கேளாமல் எனக்கேது ராகங்கள்?

நான் பேச வந்தேன்
உன் வாய்மொழி மணிவாசகம்
நீ சொல்லாமல் என் நெஞ்சில் சொல்லில்லை

நான் பேச வந்தேன்

ஏழிசை பாடும் இமைகளிரண்டும்
படபடபடவென வரும் பாவங்கள்
ஆலிலை மீது தழுவிடும் காற்று
சலசலசலவென வரும் கீதங்கள்
குலமகள் நாணம் உடன் வரும்போது
மௌனமே இடைதன் தூது
ஒரு கிளி ஊமை ஒரு கிளி பேதை
இடையில் தீராத போதை ஹா

நான் பேச வந்தேன்

கார்குழல் மேகம் மூடிய நெஞ்சில்
கலகலகலவென வரும் எண்ணங்கள்
ஓவியம் தீட்டி காட்டிடும் கன்னம்
பளபளபளவென வரும் கிண்ணங்கள்
சொல் என கண்ணும்
நில் என நெஞ்சும்
சொல் என கண்ணும் நில் என நெஞ்சும்
சொல்வதே பெண்ணின் தொல்லை
சிறுகதை ஓர் நாள் தொடர்கதை ஆனால்
அதுதான் ஆனந்த எல்லை

நான் பேச வந்தேன்
ஆஆ
ஆஆஆஆ
உன் வாய்மொழி மணிவாசகம்
நீ சொல்லாமல் என் நெஞ்சில் சொல்லில்லை

நான் பேச வந்தேன்

app_engine
26th July 2012, 03:58 AM
:clap:

நன்றி disk.box - பாடல் வரிகளுக்கும் நிறங்களுக்கும்!

பாடலாசிரியர் பஞ்சு அருணாசலம் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்...

:-)

disk.box
26th July 2012, 04:13 AM
தீர்மானமாகச் சொல்லுங்கள் மதிப்பிற்குரிய app_engine (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?278-app_engine) அவர்களே! 'பஞ்சு அருணாசலம்' அவர்கள்தானா?
அதியுன்னத ஆவணத்தில் பிழைகளே வேண்டாம்.

/பாராட்டுகளே வேண்டாம். தங்கள் மலையனைய ஆவணத் தொகுப்பிற்கோர் அணிலுதவி /

disk.box
26th July 2012, 04:41 AM
# 2 . பாடல் - நெனச்சதெல்லாம் நடக்கப்போற நேரத்துல வாடி
திரைப்படம் - உறவாடும் நெஞ்சம்
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடலாசிரியர் -
ஆண்டு - 1976

ஏ லல்லாலா
அரரரே அரரரே அரரரே ரரே ரரே ரரா

நெனச்சதெல்லாம் நடக்கப்போற நேரத்திலே வாடி
என் காதல் ராணி!
நான்தானே தேனீ
என் காதல் ராணி!
நான்தானே தேனீ
இதுதானோ மோகம்
இது ஒரு நாளில் தீரும்
என் காதல் ராஜா!
நான்தானே ரோஜா

நெனச்சதெல்லாம் நடக்கப்போற நேரத்திலே வாய்யா
என் காதல் ராஜா!
நான்தானே ரோஜா

செந்தாழம்பூக்கள் சிரிக்கின்ற நேரம்
செவ்வானில் மீன்கள் வருகின்ற நேரம்
சரியாக வந்தால்
கதை நூறு சொல்வேன்
வாம்மா!
ஹ்ம்
பக்கத்திலே வாம்மா!
ம்ஹூம்
என் காதல் ராணி!
நான்தானே தேனீ

என் காதல் ராணி!
நான்தானே தேனீ

இரவோடு நிலவு கதைபேசும்போது
உறவாடும் நெஞ்சம் விளையாடவேண்டும்
பொன்மேனி எங்கும் பூவாட வேண்டும்
வாய்யா!
அஹ
பக்கத்துல வாய்யா!
ஹஹ்ஹஹ்ஹா
என் காதல் ராஜா!
நான்தானே ரோஜா

நெனச்சதெல்லாம் நடக்கப்போற நேரத்திலே வாய்யா
என் காதல் ராஜா!
நான்தானே ரோஜா

பொல்லாத பருவம் துடிக்கின்ற வயஸு
சொல்லாமல் என்னை அணைக்கின்ற சொகுசு
எல்லாமே புதுசு இனிக்கின்ற மனசு
வாய்யா!
ஹய்யோ
பக்கத்துல வாய்யா!
அஹ்ஹாங்
என் காதல் ராஜா!
நான்தானே ரோஜா

என் காதல் ராணி!
நான்தானே தேனீ

disk.box
26th July 2012, 04:59 AM
# 3 . பாடல் - ஒரு நாள் உன்னோடு ஒரு நாள்
திரைப்படம் - உறவாடும் நெஞ்சம்
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடலாசிரியர் -
ஆண்டு - 1976

ஒருநாள் உன்னோடு ஒருநாள்
உறவினில் ஆட
புதுமைகள் காண
காண்போமே
எந்நாளும் திருநாள்

ஒருநாள் உன்னோடு ஒருநாள்
உறவினில் ஆட
புதுமைகள் காண
காண்போமே
எந்நாளும் திருநாள்

ஒரு நாள்

மஞ்சளின் மஹராணி
குங்கும பெருந்தேவி
உன்னால் பொன்நாள் கண்டேனே
கண்ணில் சொர்க்கத்தின் நிழலைக் கண்டேனே
உன் முகம் பார்த்து மலர்ந்தேனே
உன் நிழல் தேடி வளர்ந்தேனே

ஒருநாள் உன்னோடு ஒருநாள்
உறவினில் ஆட
புதுமைகள் காண
காண்போமே
எந்நாளும் திருநாள்

உன்னிடம் நான் கண்ட
பெருமைகள் பல உண்டு
கோபம் வேகம் மாறாதோ?
மாறும் நன்னாள்
எந்நாள் காண்பேனோ?
புன்னகையாலே எனை மாற்று
பொன்னழகே! நீ பூங்காற்று

ஒரு நாள் உன்னோடு ஒரு நாள்
உறவினில் ஆட
புதுமைகள் காண
காண்போமே
எந்நாளும் திருநாள்

மங்கல நாண் வேண்டும்
மகனுடன் மகள் வேண்டும்
என்றும் காவல் நீயாக
உந்தன் வாழ்வின் தீபம் நானாக
மங்கல நாண் வேண்டும்
மகனுடன் மகள் வேண்டும்
என்றும் காவல் நீயாக
உந்தன் வாழ்வின் தீபம் நானாக
காவியம் போலே வாழ்ந்திருப்போம்
ஆயிரம் நிலவை பார்த்திருப்போம்

ஒரு நாள்
உன்னோடு ஒரு நாள்
உறவினில் ஆட
புதுமைகள் காண
காண்போமே
எந்நாளும் திருநாள்

groucho070
26th July 2012, 08:12 AM
disk.box great job. app, sorry for my infrequent visit here. The thread should start picking up again...thanks guys..

PARAMASHIVAN
26th July 2012, 02:47 PM
Disk.box

:clap: :clap: Mikka nandri, ungal Sevai thOdaratum :notworthy:

app_engine
26th July 2012, 06:53 PM
தீர்மானமாகச் சொல்லுங்கள் மதிப்பிற்குரிய app_engine (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?278-app_engine) அவர்களே! 'பஞ்சு அருணாசலம்' அவர்கள்தானா?
அதியுன்னத ஆவணத்தில் பிழைகளே வேண்டாம்.

அப்படி அடித்துச்சொல்ல முடியவில்லை :oops:

இந்தப்படத்தில் கண்ணதாசன் முதல் முறையாக ராஜாவை "ராஜா வா" என்று அழைத்து 'கொலைகொலையா முந்திரிக்கா' பாட்டு எழுதி இருக்கிறார்.

'நான் பேச வந்தேன்' பாடலும் ஒரு வேளை அவரே எழுதி இருக்கலாம். (ஒரு வலைத்தளம் கவிஞர் என்று சொல்லக்கண்டேன்).

இசைத்தட்டு கையில் உள்ளவர்கள் (அல்லது படம் பார்த்தவர்கள் / படத்தில் பணியாற்றியவர்கள்) சொன்னால் தான் தெரியும். :-)

Divine22
26th July 2012, 09:30 PM
:cool: Nice one App sir! I will try to post the songs in Tamil Font too....

Great song selection Devaraagam sir :)

disk.box
27th July 2012, 03:20 AM
# 4 .பாடல் - விழியிலே மலர்ந்தது
திரைப்படம் - புவனா ஒரு கேள்விக்குறி
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம்
பாடல் வரிகள் - பஞ்சு அருணாசலம்
ஆண்டு - 1977

விழியிலே மலர்ந்தது
உயிரிலே கலந்தது
பெண்ணென்னும் பொன்னழகே!
அடடா! எங்கெங்கும் உன்னழகே

விழியிலே மலர்ந்தது
உயிரிலே கலந்தது
பெண்ணென்னும் பொன்னழகே!

உன் நினைவே போதுமடி
மனம் மயங்கும்
மெய் மறக்கும் ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்
புது உலகின் வழி தெரியும்
பொன் விளக்கே!
தீபமே!!

விழியிலே மலர்ந்தது
உயிரிலே கலந்தது
பெண்ணென்னும் பொன்னழகே!

ஓவியனும் வரைந்ததில்லையே
உன்னைப்போல்
ஓரழகைக் கண்டதில்லையே
ஓவியனும் வரைந்ததில்லையே
உன்னைப்போல்
ஓரழகைக் கண்டதில்லையே
காவியத்தின் நாயகி
கற்பனையில் ஊர்வசி
கண்களுக்கு விளைந்த மாங்கனி
காதலுக்கு வளர்ந்த பூங்கொடி

விழியிலே மலர்ந்தது
உயிரிலே கலந்தது
பெண்ணென்னும் பொன்னழகே!

கையளவு பழுத்த மாதுளை
பாலில் நெய்யளவு பரந்த புன்னகை
கையளவு பழுத்த மாதுளை
பாலில் நெய்யளவு பரந்த புன்னகை
முன்னழகில் காமினி
பின்னழகில் மோஹினி
மோகமழை தூவும் மேகமே!
யோகம் வர பாடும் ராகமே!

விழியிலே மலர்ந்தது
உயிரிலே கலந்தது
பெண்ணென்னும் பொன்னழகே!

எங்கெங்கும் உன்னழகே
ம்ஹ்ம் ம்ஹ்ஹ்ம் ம்ஹ்ஹ்ம்ம்

disk.box
27th July 2012, 03:22 AM
# 5. பாடல் - ராஜா என்பார் மந்திரி என்பார்
திரைப்படம் - புவனா ஒரு கேள்விக்குறி
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடல் வரிகள் - பஞ்சு அருணாசலம்
ஆண்டு - 1977

ராஜா என்பார் மந்திரி என்பார்
ராஜ்ஜியம் இல்லை ஆள
ஒரு ராணியும் இல்லை வாழ
ஒரு உறவும் இல்லை
அதில் பிரிவும் இல்லை
அந்தரத்தில் ஊஞ்சல் ஆடுகிறேன் நாளும்
அந்தரத்தில் ஊஞ்சல் ஆடுகிறேன் நாளும்

ராஜ்ஜியம் இல்லை ஆள
ஒரு ராணியும் இல்லை வாழ

கல்லுக்குள் ஈரமில்லை
நெஞ்சுக்கும் இரக்கமில்லை
ஆசைக்கு வெட்கம் இல்லை
அனுபவிக்க யோகமில்லை
கல்லுக்குள் ஈரமில்லை
நெஞ்சுக்கும் இரக்கமில்லை
ஆசைக்கு வெட்கம் இல்லை
அனுபவிக்க யோகமில்லை
பைத்தியம் தீர வைத்தியம் இல்லை
உலகில் எனக்கு ஒரு வழி இல்லை

ராஜ்ஜியம் இல்லை ஆள
ஒரு ராணியும் இல்லை வாழ

நிலவுக்கு வானம் உண்டு
மலருக்கு வாசம் உண்டு
கொடிக்கென்று கிளையுமுண்டு
எனக்கென்று என்ன உண்டு?
நிலவுக்கு வானம் உண்டு
மலருக்கு வாசம் உண்டு
கொடிக்கென்று கிளையுமுண்டு
எனக்கென்று என்ன உண்டு?
ஏன் படைத்தானோ இறைவனும் என்னை
மனதில் எனக்கு நிம்மதி இல்லை

ராஜா என்பேன் மந்திரி என்பேன்
ராஜ்ஜியம் உனக்கு உண்டு
ஒரு ராஜகுமாரன் உண்டு
நல் உறவு உண்டு
அதில் பரிவு உண்டு
அந்தரத்தில் ஊஞ்சல் ஆடுவதேன் நாளும்?

தெய்வத்தில் உன்னைக் கண்டேன்
தினம் தினம் பூஜை செய்தேன்
நிலவுக்குக் களங்கம் என்று
உறவுக்கு விலகி நின்றேன்
மயக்கமும் ஏனோ?
கலக்கமும் ஏனோ?
உலகில் உனக்கு சரித்திரம் உண்டு

ராஜா என்பேன் மந்திரி என்பேன்
ராஜ்ஜியம் உனக்கு உண்டு
ஒரு ராஜகுமாரன் உண்டு
நல் உறவு உண்டு
அதில் பரிவு உண்டு

disk.box
27th July 2012, 03:32 AM
# 6. பாடல் - ஒரு காதல் தேவதை
திரைப்படம் - சாய்ந்தாடம்மா சாய்ந்தாடு
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர்கள் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & பி.சுசீலா
பாடல் வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1977

ஒரு காதல் தேவதை
இரு கண்கள் பூமழை
இவள் ராஜவம்சமோ?
ரதிதேவி அம்சமோ!

ஒரு காதல் நாயகன்
மலர்மாலை சூடினான்
இரு கண்ணில் ஆயிரம்
தமிழ்க் கவிதை பாடினான்

ஒரு காதல் நாயகன்
மலர்மாலை சூடினான்

தமிழ் கொண்ட வைகைபோலே
திருமேனி நடைபோட
பார்வேந்தன் நாளும் ஊர்கோலம் போகும்
தேர்போலும் இடையாட
பனிபோல கொஞ்சும் உன்னை
பார்வைகள் எடைபோட
நீ கொஞ்சம் தழுவ
நான் கொஞ்சம் நழுவ
நாணங்கள் தடைபோட
மேலாடையாய் நான் மாறவோ?
கூடாதென நான் கூறவோ?
வா! மெல்ல வா!

ஒரு காதல் தேவதை
இரு கண்கள் பூமழை
இவள் ராஜவம்சமோ?
ரதிதேவி அம்சமோ!

கடல்நீலம் கொண்ட கூந்தல்
கண்ணா நீ பூச்சூட
மடல்கொண்ட வாழை
கடன் தந்த தேகம்
மன்னா நீ கொண்டாட
மாமல்லன் என்னைக் கொஞ்சும் சிவகாமி நீயாக
காலங்கள்தோறும் அழியாத காதல் சிற்பங்கள் உருவாக
ஊடல் எனும் ஒரு நாடகம்
கூடல்தனில் அரங்கேறிடும்
வா! நெருங்கி வா!

ஒரு காதல் நாயகன்
மலர்மாலை சூடினான்
இரு கண்ணில் ஆயிரம்
தமிழ்க் கவிதை பாடினான்

லல லலலலலா
லல லலலலலா

disk.box
27th July 2012, 03:47 AM
# 7. பாடல் - தாலாட்டு பிள்ளை உண்டு தாலாட்டு
திரைப்படம் - அச்சாணி
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

தாலாட்டு
பிள்ளை உண்டு தாலாட்டு
மணித் தொட்டிலில் முல்லை மெத்தையிட்டு
சிறு மாங்கனிக் கன்னம் முத்தமிட்டு

பாராட்டு
அன்னை என்னைப் பாராட்டு
உந்தன் பேர்சொல்ல பிள்ளை பெற்றெடுத்தேன்
அந்த பாக்கியம் செய்து பேரெடுத்தேன்

தாலாட்டு

நான் படைத்த தேன்மழலை
நலமுடன் வளர்ந்து வரவேண்டும்
வான் படைத்த முழு நிலவாய்
வாழ்வில் வெளிச்சம் தரவேண்டும்
மான் பழித்த மைவிழியே!
இன்னொரு பிள்ளை பெறவேண்டும்
ஒன்றா ரெண்டா பிள்ளை
என்றா இன்பம் கொள்ளை
மெய்சிலிர்த்திட மகன் படிப்பது
மழலை என்ற மந்திரம்
யாழிசையிலும் ஏழிசையிலும்
இல்லை இந்த மோஹனம்

தாலாட்டு
பிள்ளை உண்டு தாலாட்டு

தாலாட்டு

வாழ்க்கையிலே வழக்குகளை
என் மகன் நாளை தீர்த்துவைப்பான்
வருத்தமுறும் மானிடர்க்கு
மருத்துவம் செய்து மகிழ்ந்திருப்பான்
நாம் வளர்த்த கனவுகளை
நனவாய் நிஜமாய் ஆக்கிவைப்பான்
கன்னல் வண்ணம் கண்டு
துள்ளும் உள்ளம் ரெண்டு
தென்பொதிகையில் நின்றுலவிடும் தென்றல்போல வந்தவன்
செந்தமிழினில் சிந்திசைக்க சந்தம் கொண்டு தந்தவன்

பாராட்டு
அன்னை என்னைப் பாராட்டு

disk.box
27th July 2012, 04:04 AM
# 8. பாடல் - என் கண்மணி உன் காதலி
திரைப்படம் - சிட்டுக்குருவி
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

என் கண்மணி
உன் காதலி
இள மாங்கனி
உனைப் பார்த்ததும்
சிரிக்கின்றதே
சிரிக்கின்றதே
நான் சொன்ன ஜோக்கைக் கேட்டு நாணமோ?
நீ நகைச்சுவை மன்னன் இல்லையோ!

என் மன்னவன்
உன் காதலன்
எனைப் பார்த்ததும்
ஓராயிரம்
கதை சொல்கிறான்
கதை சொல்கிறான்
அம்மம்மா இன்னும் கேட்கத் தூண்டுமோ?
நீ ரஸிக்கின்ற கன்னி இல்லையோ!

என் கண்மணி

இரு மான்கள் பேசும்போது மொழியேதம்மா?
பிறர் காதில் கேட்பதற்கும் வழியேதம்மா ஆஆஆ
ஒரு ஜோடி சேர்ந்து செல்லும் பயணங்களில்
உறவன்றி வேறு இல்லை கவனங்களில்
இளமாமயில்
அருகாமையில்
வந்தாடும் வேளை இன்பம் கோடி என்று
அனுபவம் சொல்லவில்லையோ?

[ இந்தாம்மா கருவாட்டுக் கூடை! முன்னாடி போ ]

என் மன்னவன்
உன் காதலன்
எனைப் பார்த்ததும்
ஓராயிரம்
கதை சொல்கிறான்
கதை சொல்கிறான்
நீ ரஸிக்கின்ற கன்னி இல்லையோ?

என் கண்மணி

[ தேனாம்பேட்டை சூப்பர்மார்க்கெட் எறங்கு ]

மெதுவாக உன்னைக் கொஞ்சம் தொடவேண்டுமே
இரு மேனி எங்கும் விரல்கள் படவேண்டுமே
அதற்காக நேரம் ஒன்று வரவேண்டுமே
அடையாளச் சின்னம் ஒன்று தரவேண்டுமே
இரு தோளிலும் மணமாலைகள்
கொண்டாடும் காலம் என்று கூடும் என்று
தவிக்கின்ற தவிப்பென்னவோ?

என் கண்மணி
உன் காதலி
இள மாங்கனி
உனைப் பார்த்ததும்
சிரிக்கின்றதே
சிரிக்கின்றதே
நான் சொன்ன ஜோக்கைக் கேட்டு நாணமோ?
நீ நகைச்சுவை மன்னன் இல்லையோ!

என் மன்னவன்
உன் காதலன்
எனைப் பார்த்ததும்
ஓராயிரம்
கதை சொல்கிறான்
கதை சொல்கிறான்
நீ ரஸிக்கின்ற கன்னி இல்லையோ!

என் கண்மணி

disk.box
27th July 2012, 04:19 AM
# 9. பாடல் - காவேரிக்கரை ஓரத்திலே
திரைப்படம் - சிட்டுக்குருவி
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர்கள் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் மற்றும் குழுவினர்
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

காவேரிக்கரை ஓரத்திலே
ஏலாரம்ப லேலா
கன்னிப்பொண்ணு வரும் நேரத்திலே
ஏலாரம்ப லேலா
கூவாத குயில் கூவுதடி
ஏலாரம்ப ஏலாரம்ப ஏலாரம்ப ஏலாரம்ப
மயிலும் குலுங்கி ஆடுதடி
ஏலாரம்ப ஏலாரம்ப ஏலாரம்பர லேலா

ஸ்ஸ்ஸ் ஆஆஆ

பொன்னுல பொன்னுல பண்ணுன மூக்குத்தி
மின்னுது மின்னுது ஒத்தக்கல் மூக்குத்தி
போக்கிரிப் பொண்ணுக்குப் பங்குனி மாசம் கல்யாணம்
பாட்டுக் கச்சேரி
அட பொய்க்காலு குருதையிலே ஊர்கோலம்

பாட்டுக் கச்சேரி

வேந்தம்பட்டி வேங்கக்குட்டி
வெள்ள வேட்டி வரிஞ்சிக் கட்டி
பாஞ்சாண்டி ஜெயிச்சாண்டி பந்தயந்தாண்டி
வேந்தம்பட்டி வேங்கக்குட்டி
வெள்ள வேட்டி வரிஞ்சிக் கட்டி
பாஞ்சாண்டி ஜெயிச்சாண்டி பந்தயந்தாண்டி
சின்னசிட்டு சிக்கிக்கிட்டு பாவம் தவிக்குது
கோவம் பொறக்குது
பக்கம் வர வெக்கம் வந்து போராடுது

பாட்டுக் கச்சேரி

கொத்தடி சேல கட்டிய பொண்ணே!
ஏலாரம்ப லேலா
கொட்டடி மேளம் தட்டடி தாளம்
ஏலாரம்ப லேலா
முத்திர போட்ட சித்திரப் பொண்ணே!
மெல்லச் சிரிக்கிற கள்ளச் சிரிப்பென்ன?
ஏலாரம்ப ஏலாரம்ப ஏலாரம்ப லேலா

அரசாணி அல்லியம்மா!
அர்ஜுனன்மேல் ஆத்திரமா?
ஆண்வாடை வேண்டான்னா ஆசையும் விடுமா?
அரசாணி அல்லியம்மா!
அர்ஜுனன்மேல் ஆத்திரமா?
ஆண்வாடை வேண்டான்னா ஆசையும் விடுமா?
இந்தா புள்ளே!
நெஞ்சுக்குள்ளே நேசம் இருக்குது
நேரம் கடக்குது
பல்லாக்குப்போல் உள்ளம் ரெண்டும் தள்ளாடுது

பாட்டுக் கச்சேரி

காவேரிக்கரை ஓரத்திலே
ஏலாரம்ப லேலா
கன்னிப்பொண்ணு வரும் நேரத்திலே
ஏலாரம்ப லேலா
கூவாத குயில் கூவுதடி
மயிலும் குலுங்கி ஆடுதடி

disk.box
27th July 2012, 04:23 AM
# 10. பாடல் - என்னடி மீனாட்சி
திரைப்படம் - இளமை ஊஞ்சலாடுகிறது
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம்
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

வார்த்தை தவறிவிட்டாய்
கண்ணம்மா!
மார்பு துடிக்குதடி
பார்த்த இடத்தில் எல்லாம்
உன்னைப்போல் பாவை தெரியுதடி

கமான்! க்ளாப்!!

என்னடி மீனாட்சி
சொன்னது என்னாச்சு?
என்னடி மீனாட்சி
சொன்னது என்னாச்சு?
நேற்றோடு நீ சொன்ன வார்த்தை
காற்றோடு போயாச்சு

என்னடி மீனாட்சி
சொன்னது என்னாச்சு?
காற்றோடு போயாச்சு

உந்தன் உதட்டில் நிறைந்திருக்கும் பழரசம்
அந்த மனத்தில் மறைந்திருக்கும் துளி விஷம்
உந்தன் உதட்டில் நிறைந்திருக்கும் பழரசம்
அந்த மனத்தில் மறைந்திருக்கும் துளி விஷம்
நெஞ்சம் துடித்திடும் நாழி
நீயோ அடுத்தவன் தோழி
என்னை மறந்துபோவதும் நியாயமோ?
இந்தக் காதல் ஓவியத்தின் பாதை மாறியது
காலம் செய்துவிட்ட கோலமோ?
ஒரு மனம் உருகுது ஒரு மனம் விலகுது ஹேய்

என்னடி மீனாட்சி
சொன்னது என்னாச்சு?
காற்றோடு போயாச்சு

அன்பில் விளைந்த உறவு ஒரு தொடர்கதை
அந்த உறவு உனக்கு ஒரு சிறுகதை
அன்பில் விளைந்த உறவு ஒரு தொடர்கதை
அந்த உறவு உனக்கு ஒரு சிறுகதை
கண்ணன் தனிமையிலே பாட
ராதை தன்வழியே ஓட
இந்தப் பிரிவைத் தாங்குமோ என் மனம்?
ஒரு நூலில் ஆடுகின்ற ஊஞ்சல் போன்றதடி
நாளும் மாறுகின்ற உன் மனம்
எனக்கின்று புரிந்தது எவளென்று தெரிந்தது ஹேய்

என்னடி மீனாட்சி
சொன்னது என்னாச்சு?
காற்றோடு போயாச்சு

வார்த்தை தவறிவிட்டாய்
கண்ணம்மா!
மார்பு துடிக்குதடி

disk.box
27th July 2012, 04:31 AM
# 11. பாடல் - ஒரே நாள் உனை நான் நிலாவில் பார்த்தது
திரைப்படம் - இளமை ஊஞ்சலாடுகிறது
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர்கள் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & வாணி ஜெயராம்
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

ஒரே நாள் உனை நான் நிலாவில் பார்த்தது
உலாவும் உன் இளமைதான் ஊஞ்சலாடுது

மங்கைக்குள் காதலெனும் கங்கைக்குள் நான் மிதக்க
மங்கைக்குள் காதலெனும் கங்கைக்குள் நான் மிதக்க
சங்கமங்களில் இடம் பெறும்
சம்பவங்களில் இதம் இதம்
மனத்தால் நினைத்தால் இனிப்பதென்ன

நெஞ்சத்தில் பேரெழுதி கண்ணுக்குள் நான் படித்தேன்
நெஞ்சத்தில் பேரெழுதி கண்ணுக்குள் நான் படித்தேன்
கற்பனைகளில் சுகம் சுகம்
கண்டதென்னவோ நிதம் நிதம்
மழை நீ நிலம் நான் மயக்கமென்ன

ரரரரரா லலலலலலா
ரரரரரா லலலலலலா
ரரரரரா லலலலலலா
ரரரரரா லலலலலலா ஆஆஆ

பஞ்சணைப் பாடலுக்கு பல்லவி நீ இருக்க
பஞ்சணைப் பாடலுக்கு பல்லவி நீ இருக்க
கண்ணிரண்டிலும் ஒரே ஸ்வரம்
கையிரண்டிலும் ஒரே லயம்
இரவும் பகலும் இசை முழங்க

ஒரே நாள்
உனை நான்
நிலாவில் பார்த்தது
உலாவும்
உன் இளமைதான்
ஊஞ்சலாடுது
ஊஞ்சலாடுது
ஆஹஹா ஹஹா

disk.box
27th July 2012, 04:37 AM
# 12. பாடல் - மேகமே! தூதாக வா!
திரைப்படம் - கண்ணன் ஒரு கைக்குழந்தை
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

மேகமே! தூதாக வா!
அழகின் ஆராதனை
தென்றலே! தாலாட்ட வா!
இளமை முந்தானையை

மேகமே! தூதாக வா!
அழகின் ஆராதனை

மஞ்சள் நீர் வண்ணமே! கொஞ்சம் நில்லுங்களேன்
மன்னன் நீராடும் சமயம்
புள்ளி மான் கூட்டமே! கொஞ்சம் துள்ளுங்களேன்
கண்ணன் தேரோடும் சமயம்
நாங்கள் கன்னம் தொட்டு பின்னல் இட்டு
விளையாடும் வரையில்

மேகமே! தூதாக வா!
அழகின் ஆராதனை

சின்ன வாழைத் தண்டு என்னும் காலைக் கண்டு
வண்ண மீன் கூட்டம் தழுவ
அன்புத் தேனைச் சிந்தி என்னைக் காணச் சொல்லி
அந்த தேன்கூடு மலர
நாங்கள் நெற்றிப் பொட்டை மாற்றிக்கொண்டு
இதழாலே இணைய

மேகமே! தூதாக வா!
அழகின் ஆராதனை

கொஞ்சும் மாணிக்கங்கள்
சிந்தும் மணி முத்துக்கள்
உந்தன் செவ்வாயின் அழகு
அந்த காணிக்கைகள் உந்தன் கன்னங்களில்
தரும் பெண் என்னும் நிலவு
இன்னும் அச்சம் என்ன வெட்கம் என்ன
கண்ணே வா பழகு

மேகமே! தூதாக வா!
அழகின் ஆராதனை
தென்றலே! தாலாட்ட வா!
இளமை முந்தானையை

மேகமே! தூதாக வா!
அழகின் ஆராதனை

Sureshs65
27th July 2012, 11:40 AM
dish dot box,

Amazing effort. Hats off to you.

PARAMASHIVAN
27th July 2012, 03:15 PM
Disk Box :thumbsup: :notworthy:

disk.box
27th July 2012, 06:39 PM
பாராட்டுதல்களுக்கு அனைவருக்கும் நன்றி மற்றும் நன்றி. :)
தேர் மிகப் பெரிதாக உள்ளது.
700 + .
ஆர்வலர்கள் கைகொடுத்து உதவலாமே.
அடியேனின் பங்களிப்பு இன்னும் ஓரிரு நாட்களில் முடிந்துவிடும். :(

disk.box
27th July 2012, 06:43 PM
# 13. பாடல் - ராமன் ஆண்டாலும்
திரைப்படம் - முள்ளும் மலரும்
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

ஏ!
லெலெலே லெலெலே லெலெலே லெலெலே

லெலெலே லெலெலே லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே
லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே
அம்மனைக் கும்பிட்டா நமக்கெல்லாம் நல்லதே லெலெலே
கேட்டதை அம்மனும் கொடுப்பாளே
லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே

ராமன் ஆண்டாலும் ராவணன் ஆண்டாலும்
எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்
நாந்தாண்டா
என் மனசுக்கு ராஜா
வாங்குங்கடா
அ வெள்ளியில் கூஜா
நீ கேட்டா கேட்டத கொடுப்பேன்
கேக்குற வரத்தை கேட்டுக்கடா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்

யானையைக் கொண்டாங்க
குதுரையைக் கொண்டாங்க
நானும் ஊர்கோலம் போக
யானையைக் கொண்டாங்க
குதுரையைக் கொண்டாங்க
நானும் ஊர்கோலம் போக
வாழை தென்னை மாவிலை எல்லாம்
தொங்கணும் தோரணமாக
ஏண்டா டேய்
ராணியக் கூப்பிடு
அவளோட சேடியும் கூப்பிடு
ஏய் மதுர ராஜ்ஜியம் என்னது
ஒனக்கொரு பாதியக் குடுக்குறண்டா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்

லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே
சந்தனம் பூசுங்க சாமிய நேரிலே காணுங்க
என்ன வேணும் அதைக் கேளுங்க
லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே

பொன்னாப் பூப்பூத்து வைரம் காயாக
காய்க்கும் என்னோட தோட்டம்
மாசம் மூணு போகம் வெளையும்
லாபம் மேலும் கூடும்
கையிருக்கு
உழைச்சிக் காட்டுற மனசிருக்கு
உழைச்சிப் பாக்குறேன்
ஏய் போனாப் போகுது வேல
ஒனக்கொரு வேலையைக் கொடுக்குறண்டா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே

லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே
----- பல்லக்கு
முல்லப்பூ மாலையும் சாமிக்கு
போட்டுட்டு சொல்லி சொல்லி பாடுங்க
லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே

ஊரும் கொண்டாட உலகம் கொண்டாட
ஊர்கோலம் போகும் சாமி
ஊர்கோலம் போகும் சாமி
நாடும் வீடும் நல்லா வாழ
நீதானே வழி சாமி
சாதி சனம் ஒண்ணாக சேர்ந்தது
சாமியத்தான் எல்லாரும் கேக்குது
நீ கேட்டா கேட்டது குடுக்குற
சாமியப் பாத்துக் கேளுங்கடா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்
நாந்தாண்டா
என் மனசுக்கு ராஜா
வாங்குங்கடா
அ வெள்ளியில் கூஜா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்

jaiganes
27th July 2012, 06:53 PM
disk.box - idhukku mela enna venum ? awesome job!!

jaiganes
27th July 2012, 06:54 PM
# 13. பாடல் - ராமன் ஆண்டாலும்
திரைப்படம் - முள்ளும் மலரும்
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

ஏ!
லெலெலே லெலெலே லெலெலே லெலெலே

லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே
அம்மனைக் கும்பிட்டா நமக்கெல்லாம் நல்லதே லெலெலே
கேட்டதை அம்மனும் கொடுப்பாளே
லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்
நாந்தாண்டா
என் மனசுக்கு ராஜா
வாங்குங்கடா
அ வெள்ளியில் கூஜா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்

யானையைக் கொண்டாங்க
குதுரையைக் கொண்டாங்க
நானும் ஊர்கோலம் போக
யானையைக் கொண்டாங்க
குதுரையைக் கொண்டாங்க
நானும் ஊர்கோலம் போக
வாழை தென்னை மாவிலை எல்லாம்
தொங்கணும் தோரணமாக
ஏண்டா டேய்
ராணியக் கூப்பிடு
அவளோட சேடியும் கூப்பிடு
ஏய் மதுர ராஜ்ஜியம் என்னது
ஒனக்கொரு பாதியக் குடுக்குறண்டா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்

லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே
சந்தனம் பூசுங்க சாமிய நேரிலே காணுங்க
என்ன வேணும் அதைக் கேளுங்க
லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே

மாசம் மூணு போகம் வெளையும்
லாபம் மேலும் கூடும்
கையிருக்கு
உழைச்சிக் காட்டுற மனசிருக்கு
உழைச்சிப் பாக்குறேன்
ஏய் போனாப் போகுது வேல
ஒனக்கொரு வேலையைக் கொடுக்குறண்டா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே

லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே
----- பல்லக்கு
முல்லப்பூ மாலையும் சாமிக்கு
போட்டுட்டு சொல்லி சொல்லி பாடுங்க
லெலெலே லேலெலெலெலெலே

ஊர்கோலம் போகும் சாமி
ஊர்கோலம் போகும் சாமி
நாடும் வீடும் நல்லா வாழ
நீதானே வழி சாமி
சாதி சனம் ஒண்ணாக சேர்ந்தது
சாமியத்தான் எல்லாரும் கேக்குது
நீ கேட்டா கேட்டது குடுக்குற
சாமியப் பாத்துக் கேளுங்கடா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்
நாந்தாண்டா
என் மனசுக்கு ராஜா
வாங்குங்கடா
அ வெள்ளியில் கூஜா

எனக்கொரு கவலை இல்லே ஹோய்

ATTITUDE ATTITUDE - every letter and note of this song drips with attitude..

disk.box
28th July 2012, 12:24 AM
# 14. பாடல் - சொர்க்கம் மதுவிலே
திரைப்படம் - சட்டம் என் கையில்
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் மற்றும் குழுவினர்
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1978

ப பப்ப பப்ப
ப பப்ப பப்ப
பபப் பப்ப பப்ப
பபப் பப்ப பப்ப

சொர்க்கம் மதுவிலே
சொக்கும் அழகிலே
மது தரும் சுகம் சுகம்
எதில் வரும் நிதம் நிதம்
இன்பம் இரவுதான்
தத்த தததத
எல்லாம் உறவுதான்
தத்த தததத
இன்பம் இரவுதான்
தத்த தததத
எல்லாம் உறவுதான்
தத்த தததத

காதல் ஒரு கீதம்
அதைக் கண்டேன் ஓரிடம்
போனாள் அவள் போனாள்
நான் பார்த்தேன் நூறிடம்
காதல் ஒரு கீதம்
அதைக் கண்டேன் ஓரிடம்
போனாள் அவள் போனாள்
நான் பார்த்தேன் நூறிடம்
குடிக்கிறேன்
ம்ம்ம்ம்
அணைக்கிறேன்
ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்
நினைத்ததை மறக்கிறேன்

சொர்க்கம் மதுவிலே
சொக்கும் அழகிலே
மது ஆ
தரும் ஓ
சுகம் ஆ
சுகம் ஆ
எதில் ஆ
வரும் ஆ
நிதம் ஆ
நிதம் ஆ
இன்பம் இரவுதான்
ரபபரபபரபபரபப
எல்லாம் உறவுதான்
ராபபபபப

பாலில் பழம்போலே
இந்தப் பாவை கொஞ்சுவாள்
ஆஹ்ஹ
பள்ளி வரச்சொல்லி
இந்தத் தோகை கெஞ்சுவாள்
ஓஹ்ஹ்ஹ்ஹ்ஹா
பாலில் பழம்போலே
இந்தப் பாவை கொஞ்சுவாள்
ஆஆஆ
பள்ளி வரச்சொல்லி
இந்தத் தோகை கெஞ்சுவாள்
மறந்து நான்
ம்ம்ம்ம்
மயங்கவா?
ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்
இதற்கு நான் இணங்கவா?

திராட்சை ரஸம் ஊற்றி
மனத் தீயை அணைக்கிறேன்
செவ்வாய் இதழ் பெண்ணில்
எனை மூழ்கிக் களிக்கிறேன்
நடந்த நாள்
ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்
மறக்கவே
ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்
நடக்கும் நாள் இறக்கவே

சொர்க்கம் மதுவிலே
சொக்கும் அழகிலே
மது லல
தரும் லல
சுகம் லல
சுகம் லல
எதில் லல
வரும் லல
நிதம் லல
நிதம் லல
இன்பம் இரவுதான்
பாபபபப
எல்லாம் உறவுதான்
பாபபபப
லால்ல லலலல
பபபபபபபபபப
லால்ல லலலல
பாபபபா

disk.box
28th July 2012, 12:25 AM
# 15. பாடல் - கண்மணியே காதல் என்பது
திரைப்படம் - ஆறிலிருந்து அறுபது வரை
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & எஸ்.ஜானகி
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1979

கண்மணியே காதல் என்பது
கற்பனையோ காவியமோ
கண் வரைந்த ஓவியமோ
எத்தனை எத்தனை இன்பங்கள் நெஞ்சினில் பொங்குதம்மா
பல்சுவையும் சொல்லுதம்மா

ஆஆஆஆ

கண்மணியே காதல் என்பது
கற்பனையோ காவியமோ
கண் வரைந்த ஓவியமோ
பல்சுவையும் சொல்லுதம்மா

லா லா லா லா லா லா லா லா
லா லா லா லா லா லா லா லா
லா லா லா
லா லா லா லலலா

மேளம் முழங்கிட தோரணம் ஆடிட காலமும் வந்ததம்மா
லாலலலாலலலா
நேரமும் வந்ததம்மா
லாலலலாலலலா
பார்வையின் ஜாடையில் தோன்றிடும் ஆசையில் பாடிடும் எண்ணங்களே
லாலலலாலலலா
இந்தப் பாவையின் உள்ளத்திலே
லாலலலாலலலா
பூவிதழ் தேன் குலுங்க
சிந்தும் புன்னகை நான் மயங்க
ஆயிரம் காலமும் நானுந்தன் மார்பினில்
சாய்ந்திருப்பேன் வாழ்ந்திருப்பேன்

கண்மணியே காதல் என்பது
கற்பனையோ காவியமோ
கண் வரைந்த ஓவியமோ
பல்சுவையும் சொல்லுதம்மா

லலா லலலலலலலலா
லலலலலா
லலலலலா
லலலலலலலா

பாலும் கசந்தது பஞ்சணை வந்தது காரணம் நீ அறிவாய்
லாலலலாலலலா
தேவையை நான் அறிவேன்
லாலலலாலலலா
நாளொரு வேகமும் மோகமும் தாபமும்
வாலிபம் தந்த சுகம்
லாலலலாலலலா
இளம் வயதினில் வந்த சுகம்
லாலலலாலலலா
தோள்களில் நீ அணைக்க
வண்ணத் தாமரை நான் சிரிக்க
ஆயிரம் காலமும் நான் உந்தன் மார்பினில்
தோரணமாய் ஆடிடுவேன்

கண்மணியே காதல் என்பது
கற்பனையோ காவியமோ
கண் வரைந்த ஓவியமோ
பல்சுவையும் சொல்லுதம்மா

கண்மணியே காதல் என்பது
கற்பனையோ காவியமோ
கண் வரைந்த ஓவியமோ

disk.box
28th July 2012, 12:34 AM
நன்றி மதிப்பிற்குரிய Sureshs65 (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?42120-Sureshs65) , PARAMASHIVAN (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?100953-PARAMASHIVAN) மற்றும் jaiganes (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?1200-jaiganes) அவர்களே! :)

//'கண்மணி' என்ற சொல்லுக்கும் இசைஞானிக்கும் ஏதோ பூர்வ பந்தம்.:roll:

"கண்மணியே காதல் என்பது" , "என் கண்மணி உன் காதலி" "மண்ணில் இந்த காதலின்றி" பாடல்களுக்கு பயன்படுத்தியிருக்கும் ஒரே வகை தொழில்நுட்ப உத்தி இப்படி யோசிக்கவைக்கிறது. //

venkkiram
28th July 2012, 01:00 AM
வட்டு.பெட்டி அவர்களே,

நன்றிகள் பல உங்கள் சேவைக்கு. அக மகிழ்ந்தோம்!

disk.box
28th July 2012, 05:53 PM
/ நன்றி மதிப்பிற்குரிய venkkiram (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?85438-venkkiram) அவர்களே! :) /

disk.box
28th July 2012, 05:54 PM
# 16. பாடல் - சின்னப்புறா ஒன்று
திரைப்படம் - அன்பே சங்கீதா
இசை - இளையராஜா
பாடியவர்கள் - எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் & எஸ்.பி.ஷைலஜா
பாடல்வரிகள் -
ஆண்டு - 1979

ஆஆஆஆஆஆ
ஆஆஆ ஆஆஆஆஆஆ
ஆஆ ஆஆ ஆஆஆஆ ஆஆஆஆ
ஆஆ ஆஆ ஆஆஆஆ ஆஆஆஆ