PDA

View Full Version : MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

raja_fan
3rd December 2011, 10:20 AM
"...EN isai mattume.."

hmmm......raja avargale, thirumbavum ulari perai keduththuk kolgireere !!
Isai enbathu ungalukku mattume sondham illai raajaave...

vaayaale kettu ponaar...vaayale seerazhindhaar...
vaayukku naan idam koduththen...adhan ulargal pala vidham thaan..

K
3rd December 2011, 11:14 AM
"...EN isai mattume.."

Only Raja's "music" shares our Joy,sorrow and other feeling not his "words". He was right. The way we understand should be right.

Punnaimaran
3rd December 2011, 11:39 AM
raja_fan, not that way. என் இசை மட்டுமே அல்ல, என் இசை மட்டுமே என்று கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

vel
3rd December 2011, 11:53 AM
"...EN isai mattume.."

unmaiya sonna unakkenpa eriyudhu......vayiru?

What he told was true and not a lie. Everybody has to finally helplessly surrender to his unmatched command on music......PERIOD

KV
3rd December 2011, 02:25 PM
didn't subaveri say something like "great to see the maestro read out my lines?"

appushiva
3rd December 2011, 03:16 PM
:ty:sakala for the video.

wonderful treat .

Nichayamaaga, Raja, Ungal isai dhaan ennai maadhiri sadharanamaana manushangalukku stress buster.

You are the pride and joy of India!

அழகு ஆயிரம் உலகம் முழுவதும் ..... ராஜா song rules the music world!

Vinatha.

Vinatha,

This song i used to hear often in 3 months time. The amazing progress of the start is mind blowing, first a unique sound , then a single durm beats follow up with stream of violens..this song never dies. I was thingking to reshoot a seperate video for this song whenver i go to beautiful parts of the world. And S.Janaki humming and instruments response to it. Ohh god i will be floating in the air when this song plays in my SUV.............. Raja reside in corner of my soul..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd December 2011, 05:55 PM
raja_fan, u really a fan?!? Oru zero watts bulb kooda kedayaathu neenga! He addresses that to "his" fans! thaniyaa kurippittu ellaam sollittrukka maattaanga, that is self understood! if one is not his fan only, he can skip the program. absolutely no loss to raja

rajaramsgi
3rd December 2011, 06:57 PM
Raja_fan, This program intro is specific for us, who believe in his music - which is very obvious. Also, for the serious followers of the Raja cult, there is nothing better in this world to get entertained, to feel comforted other than listen to him (his music). He did say the right words on the program intro, there is no need to justify more or complain about the wordings.

Of course, ராஜாவுக்கு கைல சரஸ்வதி நடனமாடுவது போல, நாக்குல சனி சில சமயம் தாண்டவம் ஆடும். அதுக்கு நிறைய அர்த்தம் குடுக்க வேண்டியது இல்லை. விட்ரனும், நமக்கு தேவை அவருடைய இசை மட்டுமே.

raja_fan
4th December 2011, 09:16 AM
raja_fan, u really a fan?!? Oru zero watts bulb kooda kedayaathu neenga! He addresses that to "his" fans! thaniyaa kurippittu ellaam sollittrukka maattaanga, that is self understood! if one is not his fan only, he can skip the program. absolutely no loss to raja

Sakala kala vallavare,

I am a die-hard fan of IR, but I need not prove it to anyone.
You call me "zero watts bulb"..that's ok..I do not want to be a part of "Aattu mandhai" that celebrates every thing that comes out of Raja :-)
Raja is well known for his ularals when he speaks...
Yes, it would be great if people rejoice his music, not every word that comes out of his mouth..that way, Raja's words in this promo is self-ironical !

AravindMano
4th December 2011, 09:44 AM
raja_fan - It's just the script written by a fan boy/girl like us. (She mentioned that it's her script in FB). Yes / No, I don't think there is anything wrong. Someone who has so much of adulation - there is nothing wrong in taking the urimai and talk like this. He is talking to you and me and it's true in our case. If it's not true, then he is not referring to us. Simple. (Clearly, you are in the wrong aattu mandhai). Let him enjoy the respect and affection we have, for whatever film industry has given him is not enough.

I am pretty sure you know all this but I fail to understand why you bring this for discussion. I think everybody is damn happy about the video because this comes right after the sorrowful incident in his family - that he looks stable and normal in the video (not sure if this was shot before) - and that he talks directly to us. What you said matters, only if one wants to nitpick.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th December 2011, 12:00 PM
raja_fan, you may be a true fan iam happy about it but as most of us said here, there is no indication of aaNavam there.

see that he emphasizes and stress the word "en isai mattume" and not "en isai mattume" hope you know the difference.

Maybe after his wife demise, maybe he wanted to get out of it and thats why doing a programme, and clearly want to insist that music is the only connection btw him and us.

baroque
4th December 2011, 12:17 PM
Indeed Appushiva.
Thanks.:)
vinatha

kiru
4th December 2011, 01:28 PM
s.v's explanation is right.. for HIS fan whatever he says is true. This is emphasized by the last line .. the relationship between us is music (only).
Nothing to worry about. In one concert .. he said with a laughter.. en music ai kEtpadhu ungaL thalai vidhi..

uLaRal happens at two ends of the spectrum.. when you are stupid/foolish or totally accomplished.. at the other end it is uRaRal to us .. there might be deeper insights in those words. I will let you all sort IR's words whatever way you want :-)

(suggested reading - Steve jobs book - to understand the mind/behavior of smart/driven people)

kiru
4th December 2011, 01:46 PM
Re: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3502512&type=3 - photos taken during Jaya TV teaser shoot.

is the guy shooting with a Mamiya digital SLR ? costs like $30000US !!!

rajaramsgi
4th December 2011, 05:28 PM
We are not getting anywhere with IR's speech in this discussion. Raja_fan is wrong in criticizing Raja's very perfect talk on the promo. At the same time Raja_Fan is correct in saying IR talking too much crap most of the times, sometimes unbearable. Listen to most of IR's speeches and you will wonder why this man talks. His tone changes from place to place, some times intelligent, some times very emotional, most of the time some philosophical stuff not apt to the situation at all. Despite of all these, the most knows his stuff, IR undeniably perfect in soothing our hearts. Let us not defend or complain about what IR says, that is him.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th December 2011, 06:51 AM
rajaramsgi
u shud be clear enuf with the fact that Raja is a famous Musician and not an speaker! for ex, in 80s 90, whenever kamal used to give interviews, there will be a criticism that his talks are un-understandable. that was the situation then. Now, the no of instances he talks to media has only increased and as ppl see him as a great speaker, thus he is invited to IIT-Mumbai to give a great speech.

Generally, we expect our fav artists, be it actors/actress/director/MD/politican/public figures anybody to do perfectly whatever they are doing public. Walking, talking, singing dancing, everything. But that may not, and very importantly, that need not work everytime for everybody.

I am happy about the best speeches IR has given then and there and regarding his speeches otherwise, i simply don't care. And that didn't affect my affection on him even a bit, becos that is not what i am looking for!

As he himself said, lets emphasize only on his music. Infact there is much to be done, by us fans, in thar area :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th December 2011, 06:54 AM
In one concert .. he said with a laughter.. en music ai kEtpadhu ungaL thalai vidhi.. what a beautiful double meaning statement! Isn't that true?!? After certain stage, most of us realize that its hard-written in our soul/brain that we shud be addicted to his music. And we do that happily!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th December 2011, 06:56 AM
raja_fan, not that way. என் இசை மட்டுமே அல்ல, என் இசை மட்டுமே என்று கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

Punnaimaran nailed it much before us :)

vssathish
5th December 2011, 12:16 PM
Cameraman recounts the photoshoot experience with Raaja

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloid/glam-sham/capturing-ilayaraja-camera-251

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th December 2011, 12:33 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388113_10150398675627513_533502512_8653901_1103698 063_n.jpg

ஐயா முகத்தில் ஒரு இனம் புரியாத அமைதி, மனதை என்னவோ செய்கிறது

எனக்கென்னவோ, எந்த புதிய காரணமும் இல்லாமல் திடீர் என இப்போது ஒரு நிகழ்ச்சி செய்வதே தன மூடை மாற்றிக்கொள்ளதானோ என தோன்றுகிறது

rajaramsgi
5th December 2011, 06:01 PM
Nice picture.. definitely there is peace.

SV, I am not contradicting your statements.. I perfectly agree that Raja is a born musician and I too enjoyed many of his speeches. He has a great sense of humour that he showed in many stages. Here I was condoling raja_fan for his remarks which is not appropriate at all about the promo video. At the same time,I understand what raja_fan was trying to say about his Raja's most uninspiring speeches in few occasions. In this age and time, PR matters - even though Raja don't need it any more. Everything he talks gets captured by someone somewhere out there and those clippings will be available to everyone for several decades.

>>he is invited to IIT-Mumbai to give a great speech.
By the way, you from mumbai IIT? which year? I worked in the Computer Center/Ernet Lab between Sept 1995 - March 1997 before I moved to the US and then came to the UK in 2003.

RR
5th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Snippets from new teaser out on Jaya tv:

* The show is titled 'Endrendrum raja"
* He is going to sing top 10 songs chosen by his fans
* Choser of the No.1 song will win a prize
* Email to send song choices: irjayatv@gmail.com

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th December 2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7T-bj8uR5c&feature=youtu.be

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th December 2011, 09:03 AM
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3109/17614679.png

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9404/39406386.png

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6825/43241932.png

baroque
6th December 2011, 09:37 AM
already adhaan 1st song, Bala voice ley video ley pottu erukkaley!

IDHAYAM ORU KOYIL ADHIL UDHAYAM ORU PAADAL....mudhal paadal.:musicsmile:

Good to see Raja glowing. He is calm.
எப்பவும் நினைப்பு வச்சுக்கோங்க ராஜா, நாங்கல்லாம் இருக்கோம்! We love you !

பாலா உண்டா programley ?
எடுத்து நான் விடவா என் பாட்டை தோழா தோழா....:bluejump:

அப்பறம்...
தமிழில் உங்கள் இசையில், பாலா கடைசியா விஸ்வதுலசிலே பாடி இருக்கா!
என்ன வருஷம்- 2004 /05 ..:???::(

vinatha.

rajaramsgi
6th December 2011, 03:44 PM
எனக்கு தெரிந்து இது போல் ஒரு தேஜஸ் மிக சில மகான்களுக்கு மட்டுமே இருந்திருக்கிறது.
எண்ணங்கள் வெளிபாடு முகத்தில் தெரியும் என்பார்கள்.
உள்ளத்தில் வெறும் கோவில் மட்டும் இல்லை, கடவுள் இருக்கும் இடமாக வைத்து இருப்பவர்கள்
முகத்தில் மட்டுமே அமைதியும், பிரகாசமும் தெரியும்.
கை எடுத்து கும்பிட வைக்கும் எதுவுமே கடவுளுக்கு சமம்.
மீண்டும் மீண்டும் அந்த வீடியோ பாருங்கள், நான் சொல்வது என்னவென்று புரியும்.
நான் பார்க்கும் பொது எனக்கு உடல் சிலிர்த்தது. இதயம் நிறைந்து, கண்ணீர் வந்தது.
கை எடுத்து கும்பிட்டேன்.

raajarasigan
6th December 2011, 06:03 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9404/39406386.pngthalaivar indha potala supera irukkaaru... :D patthu paattu maatuma.. remba kashtam thein.. irundhaalum anuppuvom..

KV
6th December 2011, 06:30 PM
here's a list of ten songs that I could come up with, for the moment (just picked randomly from my memory), which I'd like to see the man singing and playing unplugged :-). Probably some technical details as well as kosuru! :noteeth:

1. poongatru pudhidhaanadhu
2. kanavil midhakkum
3. paruvame
4. kadhal oviyam paadum kaviyam
5. pazhaya sogangal
6. moham ennum theeyil
7. idhazhil kadhai ezhudhum
8. kodiyile malligapoo
9. mandram vandha thendral
10. kombula poova suththi

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th December 2011, 07:17 PM
ten songs which 'he will sing on stage' means? so shud we select songs sung by him?!?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th December 2011, 07:19 PM
>>he is invited to IIT-Mumbai to give a great speech.
By the way, you from mumbai IIT? which year? I worked in the Computer Center/Ernet Lab between Sept 1995 - March 1997 before I moved to the US and then came to the UK in 2003.

Nope. Kamal's Mumbai IIT Speech is very popular, thatswhy i mentioned it.

KV
6th December 2011, 07:32 PM
ten songs which 'he will sing on stage' means? so shud we select songs sung by him?!?

theriyadhu'nga. But neraya paattu avaru paadi kEkkanam nu oru chinna aasai, hence these songs (in my list).

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th December 2011, 08:12 PM
எனக்கு தெரிந்து இது போல் ஒரு தேஜஸ் மிக சில மகான்களுக்கு மட்டுமே இருந்திருக்கிறது.
உள்ளத்தில் வெறும் கோவில் மட்டும் இல்லை, கடவுள் இருக்கும் இடமாக வைத்து இருப்பவர்கள்
கை எடுத்து கும்பிட்டேன்.
அதென்னவோ இவர் இசை என்னை இவருக்கு அடிமை ஆக்கிவிட்டதாலோ என்னவோ, ராஜா, அதுவும், மொட்டை தலையுடன் குறைந்த முடியுடன் இருக்கும் ராஜா, மிக மிக அழகான முகம் கொண்டவராக எனக்கு தெரிகிறது. 'இளைய'ராஜா, அதாவது பேன்ட் சட்டை பேன்ட் போட்டிருக்கும் இல வயது ராஜாவை பார்த்தால் கூட அந்த ஈர்ப்பு வரவில்லை. ஆனால் பைஜாமா ஜிப்பா போட்ட லேசாக முடி வாய்த்த மொட்டை ராஜாவின் உருவமே எதோ செய்கிறது. என்னால் வார்த்தைகளில் சொல்ல முடியாத அழகு அவரிடத்தில்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th December 2011, 08:14 PM
பல சமயம், இளைய ராஜா என்பவர் கட்டாயம் இசை மீது வெறி கொண்ட ஒரு ஆத்மாவாகதான் இருக்கவேண்டும் என தோன்றுகிறது. மொசார்ட் பீத்தொவேன் இவர்களில் யாரோ ஒருவருடைய ஆன்மா தான் மறு ஜென்மமெடுத்திருக்கிறது என்று சொன்னால் மிகையில்லை. உளறுகிறேனோ

V_S
6th December 2011, 08:31 PM
கை எடுத்து கும்பிட்டேன்.

பல சமயம், இளைய ராஜா என்பவர் கட்டாயம் இசை மீது வெறி கொண்ட ஒரு ஆத்மாவாகதான் இருக்கவேண்டும் என தோன்றுகிறது. மொசார்ட் பீத்தொவேன் இவர்களில் யாரோ ஒருவருடைய ஆன்மா தான் மறு ஜென்மமெடுத்திருக்கிறது என்று சொன்னால் மிகையில்லை. உளறுகிறேனோ

Well said both of you :clap: Yes we can see the glow and calm in his face with his eyes sparkling. In spiritual context, I see a Ramana Maharishi in him. :notworthy:

jaiganes
6th December 2011, 09:17 PM
sari sari ellaarum - ground levelukku vaanga. enakkennavo over lightingla manushan kannu koosi thanni vandhadhula reflection adichu adhai neenga thejas ojasnnu solla aarambichuteengannu thoanudhu.
Like Goundamani says to vijayakumar in Walter "cutshoo podunga cutshoo podunga...".
Raaja oru facial pannittu irukkalaam - konjam ennai vazhiyudhu mugathil..
i am more keen on listening to his "Pichai paathiram", "aruna malai guru ramana","Sadha sadha unai" followed by "enna paattu paada" and " vaanaville vaanaville" - these songs are made from the heart, for the heart and by the heart of an earthy human being. I would also like him to sing that awesome gem from thandavakone - "Kaattu vazhi thunbam illai" .

kiru
7th December 2011, 12:33 AM
... I would also like him to sing that awesome gem from thandavakone - "Kaattu vazhi thunbam illai" .
Second this..
Re: tEjas - if you dedicate your life to a single art form or profession ..maintain personal discipline..achieve tremendous success consistently for a lot many years.. people will see tEjas in your eyes.. even Bill Gates looks good to me now, however much I dislike MS.. must be that Gates Foundation goodness showing through.

venkkiram
7th December 2011, 02:03 AM
இந்த முறையேனும் ஜானகி அம்மாவை நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு வரவேற்று அவரும் ராஜாவும் ஒருத்தர் மீதான ஒருத்தர் அபிப்ராயங்களை பரஸ்பரம் மேடையில் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளனும். ராஜாவின் இசையில் கொண்டாடப்பட்டவர்கள் ஐவர். பாலு, யேசுதாஸ், ஜானகி, சித்ரா, மலேஷியா ... இவர்களில் ஜானகி மட்டுமே அடிக்கடி ராஜாவோடு மேடையில் தென்படுவதில்லை. இந்த முறை அந்த பாக்கியம் எல்லா ரசிகர்களுக்கும் கிடைக்கணும். மறைந்த ம.வாசுதேவனை நினைவுகூர்ந்து ராஜா ஒரு சில சம்பவங்களை நினைவு கூறனும். எப்படியாவது ஏசுதாசையும் நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு அழைத்து வந்துவிட்டால் பூரணம்.

venkkiram
7th December 2011, 02:11 AM
என் பட்டியல்:

1) தென்னமரத்துல தென்றலடிக்குது
2) பிச்சை பாத்திரம்
3) காட்டுவழிப் போறப் பொன்னே
4) ஆத்து மேட்டுல (மலேஷியா நினைவாக ராஜாவின் குரலில்)
5) பூமாலையே
6) தென்றல் வந்து தீண்டும் போது
7) சிறுபொன்மணி அசையும்
8) கண்ணம்மா காதல்
9) வானவில்லே வானவில்லே
10) நீரால் உடல் கழுவி

jaiganes
7th December 2011, 04:34 AM
u are in store for terrible disappointment.
idhukkellaam oru valliya compere/anchor venum - otherwise raaja is known to be a free radical.
siththan poakku sivan poakku. SPB should be that guy who anchors the show.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th December 2011, 07:10 AM
sari sari, inge list poduravanga marakkama Jaya Tv kku mail anuppunga!

mohanraja
7th December 2011, 01:03 PM
என்னுடைய லிஸ்ட் இது..

1.எங்கெங்கோ செல்லும் என் எண்ணங்கள்
2.கனவில் மிதக்கும் இதயம் முழுதும்
3.இளம்பனி துளி விழும் நேரம்
4.ஒரு குங்கும செங்கமலம்
5.வான் மீதிலே அதிகாலை இன்ப ராகம்
6.காதல் எனும் கோவில் காட்டி வைத்தேன் நெஞ்சில்
7.பனிமழை விழும் பருவக் குளிர் எழும்
8.ஆயிரம் மலர்களே மலருங்கள்
9.காளிதாசன் கண்ணதாசன்
10.ஞான் ஞான் பாடணும்

Plum
7th December 2011, 06:11 PM
Ha! The masses will decide this - we'll probably get a bunch of SPB hits - not sure about the premise of the show. Ennai kEttAl, bleddy nInga decide paNNunga saar - sinna puLLa thanamA Jaya TV poll ellAm paNNikittu. These are times when you crave for the "naan tharuvadhu dhaan isai" persona. I really want him to decide and share some insights why he chose. Why let bleddy plums and KVs(no offence) choose and then probably find some story to tell about the chosen song? Unga manasula enna solludhu saar?

San_K
7th December 2011, 07:08 PM
ரசிகர்கள் அனுப்பிய மிக நீண்ட "பத்து பாடல்கள்" கொண்ட பட்டியலை பார்ப்பார். அவருக்கு நினிவுகள் பின்னோக்கி செல்லும் (மலரும் நினைவுகள்) அவர் கிட்டத்தட்ட மறந்துவிட்ட பாடல்கள் கூட பட்டியலில் உள்ளதை பார்த்து ஆச்சரியம் அடைவார் புன்முறுவல் பூப்பர். மீண்டும் பழைய ஸ்டைலில் போட குறைந்த பட்சம் நினைக்கலாம்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th December 2011, 07:43 PM
As of the advt, there is NO deadlines etc. OraLavu list neraya varra varaikkum, paappom appadinnu irukaangannu nenaikkiren. So, send ur lists soon. Or else, vera ethaachum decision eduthura poraanga!

KV
7th December 2011, 07:45 PM
Plum, I had that thought too, but then, think about the volume of the man’s work and his age. If it was some 100-200 songs, yeah, he’d probably call out some names. But when your work has spanned for more than 3 decades with over 4000 songs, however mammoth that memory space could be, he’s quite surely not going to give you a list that’ll match up to some picked by his fans. For him, once a song is done, it’s probably pushed into oblivion, it might not be as significant to him as it is to his fans. He’s also getting old you see, the memory unit is bound to be fading.
And remember, creative people tend to have this habit of considering their last/current work as their best. We’ve heard this couple of times from Raaja (and from Kamal as well). We might end up listening to songs from Thandavakone and Hello Jaihind in that way.

I know sending them a mail with top 10 songs and all is mostly like sevudan kaadhula sangu oodhardhu, but gap kedacha thavaraama keda vettanam. Adhu dhaan rasiganin kadamai. Adhukku mEla list finalize pannradhu avanga thalavali, namalukku vandhu sEra pOradhu namma thalaezhuththu, ambududhEn.

KV
7th December 2011, 07:49 PM
btw, mohanraja, deadly list there! :clap:
AppidiyE Agi musickku anuppchu 'Rare gems of IR' nu oru CD cut panna sollalaam.

Plum
7th December 2011, 08:02 PM
Sari indha maadhiri CD cut paNNavAchum udhavum so :thumbsup:. I see your point too - but I rather think if he introspects, we'll probably get some of the old stuff closer to his heart - ofcourse the problem is he'll say ella kuzhandhaiyum en kuzhandhai edhai therndheduppadhu? I do believe though that he can atleast reflect back on how he felt then - after say composing 16V? Surely not the philosophical equanmious thought that he displays now? Konjam asai podunga aiyaaa... We are not the media, we are die hard fans - engalukku konjam concession kodukkalaam..

KV
7th December 2011, 08:14 PM
Well, that's what I want to see as well.
Here's what I wrote to them this morning (yArAchu padippAngalAnnu kooda theriyaadhu, but summa oru idhuku anuppchEn, with a little dose of butter ofcourse)

Firstly, a big thanks to Jaya TV for bringing out so many programs on Raja - your uncompromising service to the man’s genius is highly commendable!
Though I haven’t wholly understood the concept of Endrendrum Raja, I’m hoping that this would be yet another treat to his ocean of fans.
Here's a list of ten songs that I could come up with, for the moment (just picked randomly from my memory), which I'd like to see the great man sing and play unplugged.

1. Poongatru pudhidhaanadhu (Moondram Pirai)
2. Kanavil midhakkum (Eera vizhi kaaviyangal)
3. Paruvame pudhiya paadal paadu (Nenjathai Killathe)
4. Kadhal oviyam paadum kaviyam (Alaigal oyvathillai)
5. Pazhaya sogangal (Eera vizhi kaaviyangal)
6. Moham ennum theeyil (Sindhubhairavi)
7. Idhazhil kadhai ezhudhum (Unnal mudiyum thambi)
8. Kodiyile malligapoo (Kadalora kavidhaigal)
9. Mandram vandha thendral (Mouna Raagam)
10. Kombula poova suththi (Virumandi)

As a Raaja disciple, one thing that I sincerely hope will happen someday, is Raaja himself explaining the technicalities of his songs, and in addition, speak about some historical anecdotes and memories surrounding the composition/conceptualization/recording of the songs. Of course, I can understand that it wouldn’t be an easy task making this happen, but if we can get someone who is knowledgeable about music, and is personally and musically attached to him, like SP Balasubramaniam or KJ Yesudas, to interact with him (or host the show), it could greatly help in making him comfortable to share such information.

Once again, thanks for your service and dedication. You make the lives of us fans better!

venkkiram
7th December 2011, 08:27 PM
அஞ்சல்கள் ஆயிரக்கணக்கில், லட்சக்கணக்கில் வரும் வேளையில், ரசிகர்களின் விருப்பப் பாடல்களை தரம் வாரியாக பிரித்து, எது போன்ற பாடல்களை தனது ரசிகர்கள் இன்றும் மறவாமல் தொடர்ந்து கேட்டுக்கொண்டு இருக்காங்க என்பதை அறிய முற்பட்டு, இனி வரும் காலங்களில் அதையொத்த பாடல் உருவாக்கங்களில் ராஜா ஈடுபட்டால் அதைவிட சிறப்பான பரிசு ரசிகர்களுக்கு வேறு இருக்காது.

Plum
7th December 2011, 08:54 PM
Kv, look at your list. Is there anyway EVK will beat the hmalayan crowd favourites and be selected? Here's what I want - I want someone to filter this list and come with atleast a mix of top favourites and stuff like EVK - and put it to Raja to choose. Twitter fellers - why don't you ask thanikachalam to bravely suggest flop stuff like EVK and ask the man to bring attention to these atleast now? Pani vizhjum malarvanam ippo paadalainu yaaru azhudhaa? Can Subhashree mix a little off-mainstreamness into this programme? If not, I the boycott

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
7th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Mothalla, entha paattellaam kattaayam avoid pannanumnu oru Top10 podunga!

Plum
7th December 2011, 09:14 PM
Apdi ellaam edhuvum illai. I don't want it to be plain top 10 voted songs. In that case, guarantee that offbeat songs will not make it. What I want is some sensible combination. Reserve some slots for ir's choice or some unknown classics like EVK. Pure democrarcy doesn't work is what I am saying. Pani vizhun is just aagu peyar.

rajaramsgi
7th December 2011, 09:15 PM
>>For him, once a song is done, it’s probably pushed into oblivion, it might not be as significant to him as it is to his fans.
KV, ரொம்ப சரியா சொன்னீங்க.

>>He’s also getting old you see, the memory unit is bound to be fading.
KV, இவரை பொருத்தவரைக்கும் இது அவ்ளோ சரின்னு சொல்ல முடியாது. நம்மாளுக்கு மெமரி ஜாஸ்தி. போட்ட ஒவ்வொரு பாட்டும், படமும் நல்லா ஞாபகம் இருக்குமாம். தினமும் தியானம், உடற் பயிற்சி, சைவ சாப்பாடு - தலைவர் மனசையும் உடம்பையும், மூளையையும் நல்லா வைத்து இருக்கிறார். சில குப்பை பாடல்களை மறந்து இருக்கலாம். (மன்னிக்கணும், தலைவர் போட்ட எல்லாம் முத்துகள் அல்ல). மறந்து விட்ட பாடல்கள் சில இருந்தாலும், ஒரு முறை கேட்டு நோட்ஸ் எழுதி பாடி பழகி கொள்ள சில நொடிகள் போதும் அவருக்கு.

>>AppidiyE Agi musickku anuppchu 'Rare gems of IR' nu oru CD cut panna சொல்லலாம்
KV, நல்லா ஐடியா. எவ்வளவு வேணும்னாலும் தர நாம் தயாரா இருக்கோம். 70 மற்றும் 80 களில் வந்த ஒரு 500 முத்தான பாடல்களை, நல்ல தரத்துடன் தொகுத்து தந்தால் எப்படி இருக்கும்? செய்வதற்கு ஆள் இல்லை. ஒவ்வொரு முறை ஊருக்கு போகும் போதும் ஆயிரகணக்கான ரூபாய்களுக்கு அவரோட CD's வாங்கறது வழக்கம், என் பங்காக இருக்கட்டுமே என்று. முக்கால் வாசி நல்ல collections இருக்காது. ராஜாவுக்காக CDs வாங்கி, CDs காக என் மனைவியிடம் திட்டு வாங்குவது தான் மிச்சம்.

>> ஜானகி அம்மாவை நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு வரவேற்று அவரும் ராஜாவும் ஒருத்தர் மீதான ஒருத்தர் அபிப்ராயங்களை பரஸ்பரம் மேடையில் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளனும். மறைந்த ம.வாசுதேவனை நினைவுகூர்ந்து ராஜா ஒரு சில சம்பவங்களை நினைவு கூறனும். ஆத்து மேட்டுல (மலேஷியா நினைவாக ராஜாவின் குரலில்)
Venkkiram, best suggestion. ஆனா ராஜா செய்வாரான்னு தெரில. அவரோட முன்னோடிகளுக்கு சிறப்பான மரியாதை செய்து இருக்கிறார், குறைவில்லாமல். ஆனால் அவரால் வளர்ந்தவர்களுக்கு அவர் tribute செய்வார் என்று நான் நம்பவில்லை. இந்த யோசனையை விழா ஒருங்கினைப்பாலர்களுக்கு (சுபஸ்ரீ போன்றோருக்கு) எடுத்து சொன்னால், ஷோ ஸ்கிரிப்ட் வழியாக எதுவாலும் நடக்கலாம். அடுத்தவர் பாடிய பாடல்களை அவர் பாடுவார், ராயபேட்டையில் நடந்த 'one man show' வில் SPB, malasiya பாடிய பாடல்களை அவர் பாடி இருக்கிறார்.

இந்த ஷோ க்கு எப்படியாலும் போகவேண்டும் என்று ஆசை. வீட்டில் பிரச்சனை இல்லை. அனால் வேலை விடுப்பு கிடைக்குமெனில் நிச்சயம் இந்தியா செல்வேன், இசை நிகழ்ச்சியில் கலந்து கொள்வேன். TFMPAGE உறுப்பினர்கள் யாரும் போவதாக இருந்தால், எல்லோரும் நிச்சயம் சந்திக்க வேண்டும், நானும் கலந்து கொள்வேன். TFMPAGE சீனியர்ஸ் இப்படி ஒரு சந்திபிற்க்கு ஏற்பாடு செய்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும். குறைந்தபட்சம் நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஒன்றாக கலந்து கொள்ளலாம்.

KV
8th December 2011, 05:48 PM
Plum, it took me only about a couple of minutes to put together this list. What I had in mind were these points:
1) musically great and/or good fun to play unplugged (or with a simple band-like setup)
2) popular songs
3) personal favorites
4) varied genres
5) not featured much in raja’s shows already
8 out of 10 songs, sparing only the two EVK songs, are all quite popular, featuring on TV regularly, but many of them haven’t been part of any IR concerts so far. Songs like Kadhal Oviyam and Manram vandha thendral, while being musically great, are surely crowd pullers too. The ones like Mohan ennum and Idhazhil allow lot of scope for technical explanation, if it were to happen. And kombulla, well, we’ve heard from Kamal on how enthu IR was when he’d composed it. So it should be good fun watching it live.

Rajaramsgi, I think some hubbers have been in touch with Agi music previously (though I'm not sure what the discussion/outcome was), so its not impossible.
And yeah, if this show is going to happen for sure, nichchyama raasa bhakthargal sangam kooteedlaam!

skr
8th December 2011, 08:38 PM
KV and Mohanraja - Super list
KV - what you had in your mind is something which i also had.

The programs name is Endrendrum Raja - The word Endrendrum seems indicative of covering a wide span of his work , but ofcourse more weightage will be given to the 80's coz thats when he had his maximum hits and also composed for a truckload of movies .
Also , it being a Live Event , the concert ambience should be taken into account. This is where the issue is - if a song from EVK is picked up , even majority of Raja Lovers will blink ,
but on the positive side knowing Subhasree's penchant and love for orchestra , im just hoping she does a casting coup and manages to include atleast 1 song from EVK.

Btw , she did do a show celebrating Raaja's work this year for Ragamallika 400 and some of the songs played out were
Poo Malaye Thol Serava , Raja Magal , Paruvame Pudhiya Paadal , Raja Kaiya Vacha , Devan Thiruchabhai Malargale , Senthaalam Poovil , Poove Ilaya Poove , Ananda Ragam , Raaja Paarvai Violin theme etc

I have still not finalised my list , but some songs which i would love being played out are
1)Uravenum Puthiya - Nenjathai Killathe
An orchestral delight everyway you look at it . It'll just be a dream to listen to this from a Live Orchestra
2) En Gaanam - Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal
Im picking this over Kanavil Midhakkum coz its a Raja sung song and its one song which instantly transports you to dreamland.
I wish some good compere mentions a bit about the song and the WCM before it is actually played out thus arousing the audience curiosity (ofcourse not us :D)
3) Putham Pudhu Kaalai - Alaigal Oyvathillai
The best ever unpicturised song IMHO .
4) Vaidehi Raman - Pagal Nilavu
Kalyani bliss and the concept of Graha Bedham creating an avalanche of ragas by shifting the tonic note. Would love to hear Raja talking about the technicality of this song (Im dreaming way too much , but hope :) )
5) Pudhu Mapilaikku - Aboorva Sagotharargal
Just drool over this one , rock n roll , bass sprinkled , chromatics , harmony layering, counterpoints , minor to major scale - a song which has everything . Surely something which can make the audience swoon and go full throttle .

I would also like to c Raja singing Kaattu Vizhi from Thandavakone. That punch and kick therika vidum :)
Im just hoping that atleast 1 of the above is played at the event .
Fingers crossed.

skr
8th December 2011, 09:10 PM
Those who have a Facebook account ,
Do check out these lovely stills captured of Raaja exclusively for the event 'Endrendrum Raaja'.
Especialy that snap where the light flashes over him and his piano - pularips
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150398674907513.349933.533502512&type=3

Btw Subhashree Thanikachalam is a member in Raja Fans group on facebook (i added her there :D -just about 150 members totally ,) and she had posted the video Parisu Undu and asked us to try our luck .
Another post of hers was 'yes it is a live concert. I am the director of the show. so try sending your list to him. he will select it on 22. the concert announcement will come soon'.
This is the group that i was talking about
https://www.facebook.com/groups/IlayaRajafans/

Usha Akka posted her list in that thread and this was her choices
for 70 to 80 = 1. Devan thiruchabai malargalae 2. oru kadhal nayagi
70 to 80 = 1.mazhai varuvadhu mayiluku theiryum. 2. Kadellam pichi poovu... Raja kaga idhu.....
80 to 90 = 1. Raja raja dhan - Oru ooril oru Rajakumari. 2.Thendralai kandu kollu maanae
90 2000 = 1.Thendral varum - Friends 2. OOr urangum Nerathil - kanna unnai thedugiren
2000 to 2010 = 1. karakatakari. 2005 vilage. very nice. 2. Sollum varai kadhal or Malai nila -Kangalum kavi padudhae
Eeravizhi kaviyangal. so great. indha padathu full paatum vechukalam. Raja per solla. pugahzai theirnjuka.

Plum , I will try suggesting in that thread that an increasing amount of Raja Fans wanna have a song from Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal :)
Lets c if it materialises , even otherwise expecting lots of positives from the show.

skr
8th December 2011, 10:33 PM
Another post from Subhashree Thanikachalam on the show just now
'and for all those fans who want rare songs, (me too)..this is a common man's show. the last and last of Raja rasigan, who reels in his best patti thotti hits, has to be happy. and still, the great composer in Raja sir himslef should be happy. so there will be a balance. but...ALL WILL BE POPULAR SONGS. NOT MUCH OF RARE ONES. may be when raja sir does his 100th stage show without repeating any song, then rare songs might come.'

San_K
8th December 2011, 10:37 PM
OK which song from EVK?

San_K
8th December 2011, 10:41 PM
Oh just now read Subasri words

Raaja is not ARR or U1 or HJ or xyz. He has given lot of lot of high popular songs. Then why the repeato repeatu. This is the question for you, Subarasri madam.

layman10
8th December 2011, 11:48 PM
This is the reason I am not excited about this at all, same janani and amma endraikkatha - super singer stuff without the costumes. At least play a Megam kottatum or Uravennum puthiyavanil. I dont think any LCD will be unhappy with it.

KV
9th December 2011, 12:07 AM
When she had the guts/bandwidth to make an hour-long program about the making of a 40sec advert, why the inhibition for the bigger stuff? She must've probably forgotten about the NothingButWind show, a niche concept and a novel idea which was a big success (a sell-out, wasn't it? The hall looked full, atleast from where I sat).

Alright, if she's gonna insist that it's gotta be more mainstream for TV, can she please try and get a quality orchestra/band? Arranging an orchestra would be difficult (unless you can get the man's own troupe to play). I'm actually more interested in seeing a Coke Studio kinda thing, where some good quality musicians play live/acoustic music. That'd be a totally different experience where we could finally get to see the full magic of guitars and bass. How many shows so far have to got to see this aspect?
Just imagine... Raja playing the piano/guitar with bass, acoustic drums and a violin for accompaniment... whoa! what a treat that'd be!

skr, inga namma discussions ellam avangalukku konjam eduththu sollunga, ungallukku punyam sErum :-)

app_engine
9th December 2011, 12:41 AM
Are they asking people to pick 10 numbers?
(sorry me TV-ignorant...)

baroque
9th December 2011, 02:32 AM
Remember RAFI RESURRECTED by Sonu Nigam with City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra playing the popular compositions of Rafi.
SaReGaMa released CDs with booklet.

Adhumaadhiri namba IR kku pannamaattangala?

Pardon me... adhellam eppadi pannaraanga?

Big labels kooda serndhadhaan nadakkum indha maadhiri events!

Can't JayaTV produce a concert like that for IR with IR himself, release it in DVD and CDs with off stage interviews and special features?

SaReGaMa has done for Rafi as a tribute, paarunga!

Vinatha

tvsankar
9th December 2011, 11:56 AM
skr,

FB la ungala enaku theiryalaiyae.. thank u skr. ana enaku oru doubt.. just kaekarangala namma choice a.
already.. plan pannitangalo.

common man nu solli.. paatae illadha madhiri.. repeat ana paata irundha kandipa kobam varum skr..........

True Raja Fan a naan kochukaradhuku enaku urimai iruku nu nenaikaren...

Business motive thevai dhan.. apo.. actors, singers nu plan panni paatu select pannina kuda parvailai.

kamal and Rajini songs. sathiyama repeat aga kudadhu. means. paate iladha madhirii sundari kannal and maasi maasam.

vijay and surya songs.

singers kaga..

Hariharan , madhu balakrishnan and Shreya

ipadi plan pannina kuda. Audiance a cover pannalamae. enna kashtam..............

tvsankar
9th December 2011, 11:57 AM
Annakili unna thedudhae.. Audiance.. naangale mature agi,. avaroda Symphony ku asaiya irukom..

India la. village la kuda. ipo yarum common man ilai............ hahah.. ellarukum music pathi. Raja pathi.. therinju irukanga.

Plum
9th December 2011, 01:28 PM
I smelt this from the ad. Democracy vs Art. What is this kadaikodi rasigan bit? I. Thought Raja fans are Raja fans because he is Raja - I mean he is whatt he is, a vuirtuoso, the ones who buy tickets are going to be this group which yearns for the rare songs and nuances - not rajini kamal hits. Idhu koodavaa puriyaadhu? Maam it makes business sense to cater to us...

SVN
9th December 2011, 04:52 PM
The organisers perhaps think that the KadaikkOdi rasigan would want only such songs as:

Machchana Paatheengala
Raja Rajathi raja
Asaya Kaathula
Idhayam Oru Kovil
Kanne Kalaimane
Manguyile Poonguyile
Rakkamma Kaiyathattu
Enna Saththam
ThooliyilE ada vandha
Ennai Thalaatta varuvaalO

There are so many 'kadaikkodi rasigans' that I personally know who have an eclectic taste in IR's music. I was introduced to many such gems by a rental cycle shop worker.. Thanks to him I discovered songs like 'sandhanamittu sathiraadum' - Rusi Kanda Poonai, albums like Raagangal Maruvathillai, Uyire unakkaaga (not the Laxmikant-Pyarelal one, but an unreleased album), Aradhanai, Kannan Oru Kaikkuzhandhai, Lakshmi, Eera Vizhikkaaviyangal, Nadhiyai Thedi vandha kadal, Anbe Sangeetha etc.

Alas! media and producers such as Ms Subhashree seem to stereotype tastes! Looks like they apply the A Centre, B centre category here too:

It would be a shame if they focus ONLY on the most popular numbers. By all means let them line these up, but wouldn't it make for a wholesome experience if these so-called 'mass ones' are interspersed with some rare gems too?

KV
9th December 2011, 05:50 PM
With you on that SVN. Raaja’s speciality is that most of his songs work at different levels, a raakamma kaiyathattu gets analyzed by musical punters on its WCM technicalities being fused with Carnatic and folk, while the song is also rejoiced in pattithottis and teakadai benches. There isn’t a clear demarcation that a particular song is composed for an elitist or a commoner. So, a list of popular songs wouldn’t really be a big problem. But what the organizers need to understand is that these songs have been played time and again, in concerts, in TV shows and radios. There’s a whole lot of work that is relatively not so popular, which is waiting to be explored. I’ve had so many people ask me ‘what’s that dham-dham-dham song originally?’ when the instrumental version of Thumbi Vaa was played. Similarly, many songs perceived as obscure songs could automatically become mainstream if showcased in the right manner.

Make a good mix of songs, get hold of good singers and instrumentalists, put them through rigorous practice sessions (rehearse till Raaja’s happy with what he’s hearing!), apparam paarunga Suba madam, the magic spell will automatically do it’s charm!

KV
9th December 2011, 06:02 PM
Also, Raaja’s forte, as we all know, is his orchestration. When you want to showcase the man’s genius, it’d be logical to pick songs that showcase this quality. Songs like Enna thaalata varuvaalo or Thendral varum vazhiyai, though good/pleasant songs they might be, don’t bring out the true essence of his specialty (and we’ve heard these songs many a times already in concerts). Not that new songs ought to be omitted… a Naan Kadavul or an Uliyin Osai can still boast of his trademark instrumentation. Take this into consideration while making your list, please be judicious.
(:at self: nee yaar kitta da pEsikkitrikka? Organizers enna nee sollradhellaam kEtukitta irukkaanga?)

Plum
9th December 2011, 06:32 PM
SVN, :exactly:. As if non-kadaikodi rasigargaL have some superior taste - if you are an IR fan(as opposed to generic x0s nostalgia guy), it is a given that you revel in the complex patterns of the man. DO NOT UNDERESTMATE THE KADAIKODI iR fan, Thanikachalam madam. I don't mind starting a boycott campaign if she sticks to her bullcrap commercial nonsense reasons - if you wanrt tickets to sell, better cater to the real IR fans, not the generic 80s fans who want your so-called mainstream numbers.

raagas
9th December 2011, 07:33 PM
Pardon my self-celebration of Telugu digression//:

"Ento! Okka Mukkaaa ardham kaavatledhu ikkada" :-D (rough translation: Cant understand a word here)

//digression ends!

All i gather is that there is a IR concert happening soon. good!

skr
9th December 2011, 08:17 PM
A small digression from the topic being discussed.
Finally managed to get this old article by Guitar Prassanna on Ilaiyaraaja thanks to Mr Sripathy.

This is a treat for u guys - KV , V_S , App , Plum , Suresh , Raagas and others
Here you go

“Have you written invertible counterpoint up a tenth?” Raaja (I am taking the liberty to call him affectionately as “Raaja” since he is after all, a “Raaja” in what he does!) has asked me this question a few times– a question I don’t encounter much, at least in India. In an age where most musicians (of course only in India!) spend their time reading the latest software manuals rather than reading books on harmony, counterpoint, orchestration or Carnatic ragas or whatever, Raaja is and has always been an anachronism. I have had several intellectually stimulating musical conversations with Raaja on principles of counterpoint, Bach, Tyagaraja, jazz harmony and much more. (Raaja has often asked me about jazz and I remember how excited Raaja was when I played him great jazz like Charlie Parker and John Coltrane’s ‘Giant Steps’). Raaja’s vast knowledge extends far beyond music. For instance, I have seen him quote passages from “Tirukkural” effortlessly in casual conversation.

In every field of activity, there are a chosen few that transcend their idiom. Let’s face it! Film music is not classical music. By itself, film music as a medium does not have the spiritual depth or artistic dimensions of say, a Tyagaraja pancharatna kriti or a Bach “Musical Offering”. It’s a medium of popular entertainment just the same way pop music is in the west. That DOES NOT however mean that it CANNOT be artistic. (I think readers will get this ‘distinction’ that I am making), it’s just that its scope and purpose is a little different. Raaja has transcended the idiom and brought elements of ‘higher art’ into it while still maintaining the ‘immediate appeal’ that characterizes (and should characterize) a mass medium like film music. It is doubtful if any musician in the world dealing with a popular musical medium (like pop, rock, film music etc) has ever brought in such an immense and breathtaking array of musical vocabulary and has internalized and reflected it in so personal a way. (What can we call Raaja’s music? –Tamil folk melodies meets Carnatic music meets Hindustani music meets 70’s disco music meets Bach meets electronic music meets ……….) What is amazing is that finally it bears a patent/trademark of homegrown Raaja. (It is not Bach, it is not Earth, Wind and Fire, it is not Carnatic music, it is Ilayaraaja.) In my personal opinion, Steely Dan and the later albums of Sting come closest to standing rock solid on musical and artistic sophistication, while still being couched in a ‘commercial’ medium.

I grew up with Raaja’s music and I can clearly see how I can revisit his old songs and find such technical virtuosity in his writing – his unmatched use of chormaticism in ‘Indianish’ melodies, his extensive use of intricate counterpoint, his vast knowledge of Carnatic music, the ‘correctness’ of every chord in his songs and above all the speed with which he composes clearly show that the man is secure, knows exactly what he wants and delivers. Raaja has raised the standards of us, South Indian listeners so much, that there are many of us who never bothered to listen to Hindi songs for e.g.. (we never needed to, right?). He has raised the standards of musicianship to such a high level among studio musicians in Chennai (I realized the huge gulf, when I worked with string players in Bombay for e.g.) that many times I wonder how the musicians even played some of the parts that are there in his music.

I have never heard a guitar even remotely out of tune in Raaja’s songs for example (believe me, that’s very rare in general). I have to make a special mention of Raaja’s use of the electric bass guitar. I have never heard such meticulous written bass parts (its clearly written carefully), as it is in Raaja’s - song after song after song. Mention also to some brilliant acoustic drum work (a lost and ancient art in India) on Raaja’s songs.

I would like to end this article with what Raaja himself told me once (about the limitations of being in the film medium) “Enakku innum niraya ideas irukku. Ithule ellam panna mudiyathu. Ithu Mint Streetille okkanthu Jabam panra mathiri!” (translated as “I have lot more ideas. I may not be able to do all of them in this. It’s like sitting in the middle of Mint Street and meditating”). I am sure we’ll agree that he has meditated exceptionally well on Mint street!

Here are some of my personal favorites in no particular order (which just came up to me as I am writing) from a very 'technical’ perspective from certain chosen angles. Of course I feel these are great songs anyway to listen to without getting ‘technical’ about them.

Kanavil Mithakkum from Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal (1982) - Everything. This is a total classic.
Pazhaya Sogangal from Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal (1982) - Listen to the beautiful classical guitar parts and the Rhodes piano.
Poonthalir Aada from Panner Pushpangal (1981) - The use of counterpoint in this song is at a staggering level. I would like to analyze this song in detail in a later article.
Aruna kirana from Guru (Malayalam) (1997) - The orchestration in this is great by any standards.
Dilwale from Mahadev (Hindi) (1989) - Has anyone heard this song or have it?, Its so hip, an exceptional arrangement!.
Vaan Meethile from Raagangal Maaruvathillai (1983) - Has anyone heard this?. The groove, the bass guitar.
Vaanam Keezhe from Thoongathe Thambi Thoongathe (1983) - Everything. To me this song is a mini magnum opus in its arrangement. It is quite stunning.
Etho Mogam from Kozhi Koovuthu (1982) - Chromaticism, harmonies, the pastoral feeling.
Illamai Itho Itho from Sakalakalavallavan (1982) - Quintessential disco – with Raja’s sophistication though. Look for SPB’s Homer Simpson like ‘hoohoo’s.
Vikram from Vikram (1986) - To me, this sounds really hip even today. Look for the three-voice counterpoint in S. Janaki’s ‘humming’, the guitar/ keyboard chords behind Kamal’s ‘rap’.
Ninnukori Varnam from Agni Natchathiram (1988) - Well! ‘Hip’ is the word!.
Oh Butterfly from Meera (1992) - Stunning chromatic string passages in the end.
Ilam Pani from Aradhanai (1981) - Great song.
Kathal Pannpadu from Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal (1982) - Stunning arrangements, harmonic changes. Brilliant!.
Ada Machamulla from Chinnaveedu (1985) - The funkiest use of mridangam, horns. Another mini magnum opus.
Devanin Kovil from Aruvadai Naal (1986) - Raja’s vocal harmony, bass guitar.
Pattu Enge from Poovizhi Vasalile (1987) - Horn section arrangements, vocal arrangements.
Paadivaa Thendrale from Mudivalla Arambam (1984) - Brilliant guitar parts.
Illaya Nila from Payanangal Mudivathillai (1982) - Of course!.
Naalum En Manam from Nilavu Suduvathillai (1984) - Guitar/ voice counterpoint. Great song.
Vaa Vaa Pakkam Vaa from Thangamagan (1983) - Sophisticated Rhythm & Blues a-la Raja. This is super hip.
Vaanengum Thanga from Moondram Pirai (1982) - Just the intro is enough!.
Kaathal Oviyam from Alaigal Oivathillai (1981) - The song that taught me maj7 chords.
Putham Puthu Kalai from Alaigal Oivathillai (1981) - Flute intro! The groove! Great song.
Tholin Mele from Ninaivellam Nithya (1982) - Superb use of African rhythms that somehow transmogrifies into ‘raja’. Shall we say ‘Rajafrican?’.
I want to tell you something from Anand (1987) - Stunning vocal harmonies and arrangements.

And so on and on and on…….I haven’t even touched the great Carnatic material yet!
- Guitar Prasanna

Plum
9th December 2011, 09:09 PM
Skr, that article is more than 12 years old...but an engrossing read every time. Some of the phrases Prasanna uses - kaRRArai kaRRARE kAmuRuvar. It is easy to get a "only xyz possible" from kadaikodi rasigargaL(yeah subhasree I am the kadaikodi rasigan - you insulted me by insinuating that I will only be able to appreciate the popular ones. :evil: ). But to get that from accomplished musicians - only ir fossifle eh?

baroque
9th December 2011, 10:36 PM
That's a fine list of compositions.:redjump:

Noted the songs.

I am treating myself this evening with Raja's delights ---PRASANNA's PICKS.

Prasanna is very true, you don't need to know anything technical to enjoy songs.

but IR fans fellows teach us so much with their informed postings. http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/thankyou2.gif
I thank Yahoo IR group for CSR's WCM lessons in advance, if it is not for him, I may not comprehend the article.:ty:

Vinatha.

app_engine
9th December 2011, 11:01 PM
nanRi skr, for posting this article!

One more request - can you get hold of the article someone wrote on the thALam speciality of 'nAn vaNangukirEn' of Guru (it was in the now-defunct-rAjAngahm website once upon a time)...

skr
10th December 2011, 12:02 AM
App , i will try my best
Btw here are the links for the article by Guitar Prassanna (believed to have been written in 2001)
http://web.archive.org/web/20081026152916/http://www.raaja.com/guitarprasanna/
http://web.archive.org/web/20081026182435/http://www.raaja.com/guitarprasanna/favo_songs.html

skr
10th December 2011, 12:06 AM
Coming back to the concert , there has been a strong request for a song from Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal.
Let us c if it materialises .
However am pretty excited about this show .
Its believed that it will be held on the 28th of December , which is a Wednesday at Nehru Stadium.
So guys start making plans .

app_engine
10th December 2011, 02:17 AM
List of 10 from another "kadaikkOdi" (i.e. me), all male solos :

1. madai thiRandhu thavum nadhiyalai nAn (nizhalkaL)
2. senO rItA, I love you (Johny)
3. uRavukaL thodarkadhai (avaL appadiththAn)
4. chinnakkaNNan azhaikkiRAn (kavikkuyil)
5. vizhiyilE malarndhadhu (bhuvanA oru ?)
6. rAjA kaiya vachchA adhu wrongAppOnadhillE (aboorva sagOdhararkaL)
7. rAkkammA kaiyaththattu (dhaLapathi)
8. mAnguyilE poonguyilE (karakAttakkAran)
9. rAsAththi onna kANAtha nenju (vaidhEhi kAthirundhAL)
10. iLamai idhO idhO (sakala kalA vallavan)

It would be interesting to listen to all these songs in rAsA voice :lol2:

Someone please post the e-mail address, I'll also send a mailu :-)

app_engine
10th December 2011, 02:35 AM
irjayatv@gmail.com kku nAnum onnu anuppiyAchchu (with the above listtu)...

baroque
10th December 2011, 04:53 AM
You want to listen some of enchanting Bala, Yesudas works in Ilayaraja's voice!:lol2:

if it is Ilayaraja sings for you.....show

We can choose many orchestral marvels along with emotive pathos, devotionals & lullabies from his own list (sung by IR).:)

chandhirarum.......Avatharam is an orchestral marvel. I love it. Raja has sung in his rustic voice for the album.:musicsmile:

sevvarali thottathiley..... is an awesome folk composition with enormous strings, flute and tabla.
Beautiful prelude with rustic humming, guitar, flute!:musicsmile:

Punnagaiyil minsaram.... is a peppy number.

kaadhal oviyam..... alaigal oyivadhillai is MAGNIFICENT composition.
Pouring music.

pazhaiya soganagal.....EVK.

en gaanam indru arangerum.... guitar marvel with piano and violins.

veettukkoru maganaip pola.....:(:musicsmile:

potrip paadadi ponne...., janani janani, poo maalaiye...., idhayam oru koyil..... etc.. nichayamaaga undu for emotional content.

Bala, Chithra etc... erukkangala show le?
illainnaa...
Raja, naan unga original paadalgal vachchu erukken, kettukkaren.

How about andha nilaava.......erotic ilayaraja! super bgm violin & flutehttp://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/musicsmile.gif

Vinatha

KV
10th December 2011, 05:49 PM
skr, thanks. this, along with the 'Classical Ilayaraja' series was what made the madness set in me, about 8 years back. And yes, I cherish revisiting them often.
btw, dec28 aa? :shaking: suththam. leave kedacha maadhiri dhaan.

skr
10th December 2011, 06:26 PM
KV , Same here
Naanum Bengaluru thaan .
Yoschindrukken office la enna poyi solla nu :)
Neengalum edhavudhu story form panni veyingo .

tvsankar
10th December 2011, 07:56 PM
Dear Friends,
Ticket details pathi sollunga pa........

K
11th December 2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.padangal.com/kalaignar-tv-programs-watch-online/isaikku-raja-10-12-11-video_2a71840fa.html#
Did any one see this Program?

tvsankar
11th December 2011, 06:21 PM
Dear K,
Unga permission kaekama.. Fb la share panni iruken....... first episode kedaikuma..
adha naan miss panniten.

KV
11th December 2011, 06:43 PM
KV , Same here
Naanum Bengaluru thaan .
Yoschindrukken office la enna poyi solla nu :)
Neengalum edhavudhu story form panni veyingo .

oh, et tu bangalore aa? glad to know :-) IR-blore-hubberfans count's on the rise! plan pOtruvOm.
yeah, kadhai thiraikkadhai ellam ezhudhanam! paarpom!

KV
11th December 2011, 06:49 PM
k, thanks for the links.
usha madam, here are the parts in case you've not found them yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALYD34gADds&feature=related
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALYD34gADds&feature=related)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD701oN4dE&feature=related
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD701oN4dE&feature=related)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD701oN4dE&feature=related
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD701oN4dE&feature=related)

KV
11th December 2011, 06:56 PM
ushaji,
konjam maasam munnaadi neenga oru IR interview post panni irundheenga. Gruha bedham ellam kooda explan pannuvaar adhula. Andha link marubadiyum kedakkuma, please?

tvsankar
11th December 2011, 06:58 PM
KV,
Thanks a lot for the links.................. ana idhu 2nd portion. First portion dhan naan miss panniten......

tvsankar
11th December 2011, 07:00 PM
KV,
IR interview a...... detail solungo.. thedi pakkaren..enaku Nyabagam varalaiyae ipo.

tvsankar
11th December 2011, 07:08 PM
KV,
Neenga edha kaekareenga nu therila..
indha links la neenga kaekaradhu iruka. irundha enakum sollungo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tThBFfHHp3M

http://www.google.co.in/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=Ilaiyaraja+interviews+in+youtube&pbx=1&oq=Ilaiyaraja+interviews+in+youtube&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2160l9899l0l10558l34l26l1l0l0l2l1899l14623l 0.1.0.3.2.6.5.1.2l21l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=b5663fe3ef210433&biw=1024&bih=655

KV
11th December 2011, 07:27 PM
mikka nandri! indhu dhaan naan thedindhrindhen.
here's where he explains bedham :clap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD701oN4dE&feature=related

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD701oN4dE&feature=related)

venkkiram
11th December 2011, 07:53 PM
நன்றி kv மற்றும் உஷா. உங்க உரையாடல் மூலம் கிடைக்கப்பெற்ற காணொளிகள் எனது ஞாயிறு காலையை ரம்மியமாக்கிவிட்டது. ராஜேந்திர குமார் பேச்சு செறிவா இருக்கு. ஆனால் இந்த தேவிஸ்ரீ பிரசாத் தனக்கு கொடுத்த நிமிடத்தை விரயம் பண்ணிட்டான். ராஜாவின் இசையைப் போலவே எல்லோருடைய கருத்துக்களும் செறிவோட இருந்தா சிறப்பு.

Sureshs65
11th December 2011, 09:16 PM
I had also sent off a top 10 of mine. And instead of wanting Raja to go back in time, I wanted to tell him that I am very happy with what he has been doing. Ofcourse I am sure someone will screen the mails and he will not get to see individual mails. I sent two lists. One Tamil and one non Tamil.

Here is my Tamil top 10 (I am sure none will be played :)

1. Kannil Paarvai - Ilaiyaraja / Shreya Goshal (Film: 'Naan Kadavul')
2. Om Shivoham - Vijaya Prakash (Film: Naan Kadavul)
3. Kaatu Vazhi Thunbam Illai - Ilaiyaraja (Film: Thandavakone)
4. Gundu Malli Gundu Malli - Harish Raghavendar and Shreya Ghoshal (Film: Solla Marandha Kadhai)
5. Unnai Patri Sonnal - Rita (Film: Madhiya Chennai)
6. Minkodi theril - Swetha and Ujjaini (Film : Jaganmohini)
7. Oli Tharum Sooriyam Naanillai - Bela Shinde and Ilaiyaraja (Film: Valmiki)
8. Pudhu Pournami Nilavu - Sriram Parthasarathy, Rita(?) (Film: Kannukkulle)
9. Poo Poothadhu - Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal (Film: Mumbai Express)
10. Unna Marandhaalum - Ilaiyaraja / Mahathi (Film: Kaadhal Jaadhi)

Sureshs65
11th December 2011, 09:17 PM
Here is my link of top 10 Raja non-Tamil songs:

1. Kunnathe - Chitra (Film: Pazhassiraja)
2. Jagadhanandha Karaka - SPB and Shreya (Film: Sreeramarajyam) (Telugu)
3. Chinna Polike - Kunal Ganjawala and Sunidhi Chauhan (Film: Om
Shanthi) (Telugu)
4. Edaya Baagilu - Kunal Ganjawala and Shreya (Film: Suryakathi) (Kannada)
5. Swapnangal Kannezhudhiya - Rahul Nambiyar and Chitra
(Bhagyadevatha) (Malayalam)
6. Rangu Rangu - Ilaiyaraja and Shreya (Film: Prem Kahani) (Kannada)
7. Yenidu Yenidu - Sriram Parthasarathy and Bela Shinde (Film:
Nannavanu) (Kannada)
8. Swasathin Thaalam - Jesudas and Manjari (Film: Achuvinte Amma) (Malayalam)
9. Kaiyetha Kombathu - Manjari (Film: Vinoda Yatra) (Malayalam)
10. Chengkadhir Kaiyum Veesi- Chitra (Film: Sneha Veedu) (Malayalam)

Sureshs65
11th December 2011, 09:21 PM
KV,

Check you mail.

rajaramsgi
12th December 2011, 02:14 AM
thanks for the Isaikku Raja program links. Rajendra Kumar is very informatiive. His detailed explanation of the arrangements was awesome, he knows what he is talking about. This is what we all want to know. I will extract the video to my archives. Drums Puru is a valuable resource, hope Isaiaruvi is not going to waste his time without making him talk about how the songs were conceived and developed.

Will Subshree watch programs like this even if it is on a competitor channel? It will help her get ideas on what to look for to avoid mistakes for the Jaya TV show. We are not looking forward to some junior singers and some dokadaa actors, actress to talk about Raja and praise him for no reason in the stage, that will be an absolute disaster.

appushiva
12th December 2011, 11:42 AM
Dear Sureshs65.. I am also think the same way , why not the top 10, choosen from the recent years movies. In TN , most of them are thinking IR Sir, is not in fields and their knowledge never crosses the state borders. I liked your choosen 10 , from the non-tamil category. All the songs i love and my cd also has mixed langugae combinations. When in kerala they sing tamil songs why not in TN sing multi south songs like the choosen one.

Good work and nice approach ,, cherish.

vel
12th December 2011, 12:03 PM
Suresh, great list. Sadly though none may get played on stage, atleast you have made an effort to register your wishlist ! You, Ravi Natrajan etc are among the truest torchbearers of the post 90's raaja !!

Sid_316
12th December 2011, 01:09 PM
Jaya tv la podra ads concert pathi dhane? or a program? Any details about the concert?

Sureshs65
12th December 2011, 01:13 PM
Vel,

Thanks for your comments. Also thanks for posting it on Subhashree's FB. As you said we can only register our thoughts. If a few of them atleast are played it will be good because there is a lot that Raja is continuously giving.

rajaramsgi
12th December 2011, 08:43 PM
உங்க லிஸ்ட் எல்லாம் இப்போ உங்க பேர்லயே 'playlists' ஆக வைத்து விட்டேன். கேட்க கேட்க சிலிர்ப்பாக இருக்கிறது. மிக்க நன்றி.

அடியேனின் லிஸ்ட் இது.

1. வெளக்கு வெச்ச நேரத்துல மாமன் வந்தான் - முந்தானை முடிச்சு
2. ஊரோரமா ஆது பக்கம் - இதயக்கோவில்
3. மைனா மைனா மாமன் - பகல் நிலவு
4. மெட்டி ஒலி காதோடு - மெட்டி
5. சாமகோழி கூவுதும்மா - பொண்ணு ஊருக்கு புதுசு
6. செவ்வரல்லி தோட்டதில்லே - பகவதிபுரம் ரயில்வே கேட்.
7. காடெல்லாம் பிச்சி பூவு - கரையெல்லாம் செண்பகபூ
8. சின்ன பொண்ணு சேலை - மலையூர் மம்பட்டியான்
9. பொன்னோவியம் கண்டேனம்மா - கழுகு
10. சிறு பொன்மணி - கல்லுக்குள் ஈரம்
11. காதல் ஓவியம் - அலைகள் ஓய்வதில்லை
12. கண்மலர்களின் அழைப்பிதழ் - தை பொங்கல்
13. காதலா காதலா - தாய்க்கு ஒரு தாலாட்டு
14. கண்ணமா காதல் என்னும் - வண்ண வண்ண பூக்கள்
15. சந்திரரும் சூரியரும் - அவதாரம்

கொசுறு:
16. எங்கே என் ஜீவனே - உயர்ந்த உள்ளம் (மனைவி ஜீவா நினைவாக)
17. ஆத்து மேட்டுல ஒரு பாட்டு கேக்குது - கிராமத்து அத்தியாயம் (MV நினைவாக )

skr
12th December 2011, 09:35 PM
Suresh ji
Nice list , i feel there may be one song from your list being played out in the concert , it being Om Sivahom .

app_engine
12th December 2011, 09:42 PM
அடியேனின் லிஸ்ட் இது.

:clap:

இந்த மாதிரி ஒருத்தர் லிஸ்ட்ட இன்னொருத்தர் லிஸ்ட் ஓவர்லாப் பண்ணாமலேயே 100 லிஸ்ட் போடமுடியும்!

அது தான் ராசா!

:thumbsup:

rajaramsgi
12th December 2011, 10:18 PM
some stupid junk man posted an un-ethical rumour in youtube about "Fight Between Rajanikanth And ilayaraja". the man is talking such a nonsense... see it and put some comments or flag it as spam or something.. my BP went up for a while after listening to that..

K
13th December 2011, 05:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ALYD34gADds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26j2aPzf0zA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-SD701oN4dE

Isaikku raja 10 dec full episode

K
13th December 2011, 05:39 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Isaiku-RAJA/101022086684275?sk=wall

Isaikku Raja Facebook Page

NormalMan
13th December 2011, 11:26 AM
some stupid junk man posted an un-ethical rumour in youtube about "Fight Between Rajanikanth And ilayaraja". the man is talking such a nonsense... see it and put some comments or flag it as spam or something.. my BP went up for a while after listening to that..

Which video are you talking about?

rajaramsgi
13th December 2011, 03:54 PM
link below.. flag it up as spam or thumbs down on the youtube link, it is important we do that. I sent a mail to the man who posted the video and he replied back with a link from www.kusumbu.com, from where he read the information. kusumbu.com has loads of unreasonable msgs when I checked it, must be a cheap manjal pathirikkai. But that man did not have any common sense to judge himself if the news can be true or not before posting it on to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiU-QLfuxV0

jaiganes
13th December 2011, 09:07 PM
boss- internet is like a thousand street city - each street will have a dog or two - we cannot ask them all to shut up. chillax and listen to the music or listen to the music and chillax....

raajarasigan
13th December 2011, 09:32 PM
My list..

1. Putham Pudhu Kaalai - Alaigal Oyivadhillai
2. Madai Thirandhu - Nizhalgal (IR should sing this :-)
3. Vaanengum Thanga - Moondram Pirai
4. Senorita - Jhony
5. Sangeethe Megam - Udaya Geetham
6. Oh Vasantha Raja - Neengal Kaettavai
7. Raja Raja Chozhan - Rettai Vaal Kuruvi
8. Vikram Vikram - Vikram (ippo Haasar paadina sariya varathu :-(
9. Anjali Anjali - Anjali (yatheeswar)
10. Om Siva Om - Naan Kadavul

San_K
13th December 2011, 10:18 PM
Awesome list raajarasigan

San_K
13th December 2011, 10:31 PM
let me try :)

1) Idhayam Oru Kovil (Idhayak Kovil) - always my sweeeety and quite underratted here (hub)
2) Eeramana Rojave (Ilamai Kalangal) - same
3) Idhu Oru Nila Kaalam (Tik Tik Tik) - should be an awesome song for a concert
4) Raaja Raajathi intha Raaja (Akni Natchathram) - purely for his fans and what a beats
5) Maalaiyil Yaaro (Sathriyan) - for Swarnalatha
6) Kodai Kaala Kaatre (Panneer Pushpangal) - for Malayasis Vasudevan
7) Ilamai Idho Idho (Sakalakala Vallavan) - an evergreen fresh song
8) Rakkamma Kaiya thattu (Dhalapathi) - no words
9) Mella Mella (Vazhkai) - wov song
10) Adiye Manam Nilluna (Neengal Kettavai) - sure crowd will dance

MumbaiRamki
13th December 2011, 11:51 PM
mm.. Theya re asking to select 10 needles from a ton of hay stack .. un fair !

Vkrish
14th December 2011, 01:40 AM
Here is mine :)

1. Manidha Manidha Ini Un Vizhigal...
2. Chandirarum Sooriyanum - Avatharam
3. Megam Kottatum - Tik Tik Tik
4. Ennulil etho - Rosapoo ravikaikari
5. Oru Kunguma Chengamalam
6. Poomela veesum poongatru
7. Kadaloram Kadaloram Alaigal odi
8. Metti Oli Kaatrodu
9. Poongatru Pudiranadhu
10. Keeravani Iravile Kanavile

kosuru's
1. Ohm Sivoham
2. en kanmani en kadhali

Intrumental - BGM of Mouna ragam, Aan pavan, Jhoney, Nizhalgal (this is called perasai :)

layman10
14th December 2011, 02:32 AM
mm.. Theya re asking to select 10 needles from a ton of hay stack .. un fair !

Ok, we will do top 10 of these lists...!

KV
14th December 2011, 10:45 AM
Super pattiyal folks! keep 'em coming!
@vkrish - poomele veesum poongaatre :bow: :thumbsup:
note pannunga pa, note pannunga pa...appidiye idhellam suba mEdathukku anuppungapa!

KV
14th December 2011, 10:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ALYD34gADds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26j2aPzf0zA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-SD701oN4dE

Isaikku raja 10 dec full episode

thanks for the links, K.
I'm yet to see 'em all though. In the ones I saw, I was pleasantly surprised to see the bassie (Sada?) being interviewed, that too along with his bass guitar. But, damned beings that we are, they didn't show him play it. Program organizers, why ya, why? :banghead:

Divine22
14th December 2011, 02:02 PM
Here I go ======>>

1. Ethetho Ennam ~ Punnagai Mannan (my most fav No)

2.Kaathala-kaathala ~ Thaaikku Oru Talattu

3. Madai Tiranthu ~ Nizhalgal (awesomeness all the way)

4. Paadi Vaa Thendrale ~ (Mudivilla Aarambam)

5. Oru Kanam Oru Yugamaaga ~ (Nadodi Thendral)

6. Aahaya Gangai ~ (Dharma Yutham)

7. Oru Kaathal enbathu ~ (Small Brother Big Brother) :D

8. Kaathal Kavithaigal Padithidum Neram ~ (Gopura Vaasalile)

9. Geetham Sangeetham ~ (?)

10. Unnai Ethirparthen ~ (Vanaja Girija)

A very difficult task indeed, These are just a few drops from the Ocean.

raajarasigan
14th December 2011, 02:16 PM
Divine,

Small Brother Big Brother was composed by IR's brother GA..

Geetham Sangeetham - Kokkrakko
Unnai ethir .. guess it is from Irattai Roja..

sorry if I nitpicked :oops:

Plum
14th December 2011, 02:31 PM
RR, Gangai recently revealed that oru kaadhal enbadhu was done by IR. I sort of think that the tune might be IR's and Gangai did the orch, recording, arrangement etc. Also, unnai edhirpaarthen is Vanaja Girija vonly

raajarasigan
14th December 2011, 02:55 PM
oh.. thats a news to me Plum :)

raja_fan
14th December 2011, 04:10 PM
RR, Gangai recently revealed that oru kaadhal enbadhu was done by IR. I sort of think that the tune might be IR's and Gangai did the orch, recording, arrangement etc. Also, unnai edhirpaarthen is Vanaja Girija vonly

Plum,

No...I am sure "oru Kathal enbathu.." should be full and full by IR only...no way GA can come up with such a mind blowing song - particularly the orchestration..

MumbaiRamki
14th December 2011, 04:57 PM

'Also, unnai edhirpaarthen is Vanaja Girija vonly' - I thot this had KR type of orchestration ..

rajaramsgi
14th December 2011, 05:10 PM
True guys.. someone posted this link on this forum few months ago.. Oru kadhal enbadhu is by Raja.

Hear this from GA's words..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EpQSdoE6n8

jaiganes
14th December 2011, 05:32 PM
when i saw that video - i knew that universe had been always perfect and now there is an evidence to assure me as well!!

SVN
14th December 2011, 09:55 PM
Top 10 (Set 1 of 10) ;)

1. Edhilum Ingu Iruppan (Bharathi)
2. Andharangam Yaavume (Aayiram Nilave Vaa)
3. Oru Kunguma Chengamalam (Aaraadhanai)
4. Thendral Vandhu Theendum Bodhu (Avathaaram)
5. Sandhana Kaatre (Thanikkattu Raja)
6. Roja Ondru Mutham Ketkum Neram (Komberi Mookkan)
7. Siru PonmaNi Asayum (KallukkuL Eeram)
8. Pottu Vaitha Kadhal Thittam (Singara Velan)
9. Poo Maalaye Thol Seravaa (Pagal Nilavu)
10. Gangai Karai Mannanadi (Varusham 16)

Plum
14th December 2011, 10:14 PM
Ok, saw the ad. He says idhula visheshamana baagam rasigargal selection so presumably other songs will also be there - although that will be like standard stuff probably. As I don't believe in making lists, I just continue to hope that a good mix is achieved. Madai thiRandhu is a good pick. Maybe it could start with "en gaanam endru arangerum", move on to "madai thiRandhu", and conclude with "paattukku naan paadu patten...". That would encompass a theme and pretty interesting songs, all. I have always wanted IR to sing madai thiRandhu. ApdiyE uLLE irundhu peerikittu varumnu ninaikkarEn...

KV
15th December 2011, 01:49 PM
:thumbsup: idhukku dhaan namma hub la oru mEnEger vEnumgardhu.
Plum, appidye unga theme-a elaborate pannunga, idea takkara keedhu!

Some more 'paattu/question' songs (though it doesn't really fit into your theme, oru sub-theme aa vechchukkalaam!)
enna paattu paada, enna thaalam pOda
ennai paada solladhE, naan kanda padi paadippuduvEn
enna paaduvadhu, paattellaam namakku paada theriyaadhu
naan paadum mouna raagam kEtkavillaya

Plum
15th December 2011, 03:27 PM
That will make it one-dimensional and boring KV. One dimensional is ok but one-D based on lyrics is unforgiveable in a show for a Music Director. I thought these 3 were pretty interesting songs themselves and then spun a theme around it. We shouldn't spin a theme and try to fit songs - that will sort of narrow down the narrative...

KV
15th December 2011, 03:57 PM
ada, naan sonna paattellAm fit aavaadhunu theriyum, ahdu summa oru pozhudhupOkku.
But unga theme nalla dhaan irukku, would surely be interesting if there's something of this sort. One portion of the Italy concert has a theme based assortment (birth-growingup-play-work-love-marriage) which was actually a nice idea. Adhu maadhiri idhuvum seriya plan panna, work aagum.

Plum
15th December 2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah, it will work if this is just a small part of the overall scheme. IdhuvE fullA irundhA sodhappidum...but I particularly like paattale buddhi sonnaar. Not much appreciated, that one. If anything, derided as self-dabba

thumburu
15th December 2011, 08:42 PM
I am not very enthu about this :(
I had posted my list a week back in response to SVN's concern about Shuba madam's "abaridhamaana karisanam" for kadai kodi rasigargaL.
somehow my list didnt make it. My list also in consideration with the KKR of an era gone for ever madaam Subashree . You guysl have come up with an exhaustive, exclusive list that would give the genX a vivid view of his gems to be discovered, instead of tunnel vision of Raja's work associated only with Mani or Rajini or Kamal [that too, post Nayaan]

ore naaL unnai naan - moon light romance
nadhi oram - for river side romance
thanga changili minnidum painkiLi - rustic romance
saama kozhi yen koovudhamma - erotica
yedo ninaivugaL - nostalgic trip of sweet 70's
koodhalile megam vandhu - classical dose of Bilahari
endrendrum anandame - encapsulating Sarasangi with an ultra modern western pop
akkarai cheemai azhaginile - for the orchestration opulence decades ago
ponnula ponnula kannula - themmangu delight
naadham en jeevane - for the man for whom music is a way of life [ isaiyai arundhum saadhaga paravai pola avar vaazharaar]

Why go as far as EVK or RKP? Even if they could play some of the popular songs which lie buried under the sands of time, it would be worth watching.

rajaramsgi
15th December 2011, 09:09 PM
nice variety thumburu.. If Yesudas is part of the concert, I prefer him singinging these 2 from your list..

1. Yedho ninaivugaL
2. koondhalile megam vandhu

rajkumarc
16th December 2011, 07:01 AM
Let me also try to put up a list here (i have edited it multiple times already, oh god, I can never put up a list of favorite IR songs). Wanting IR to sing all of these could be Peraasai, so would be happy if any of it makes it to the concert. Mailed this to irjayatv@gmail.com as well. Let's see what unfolds :smile:

1. Uravenum Pudhiya Vaanil - Nenjathai Killadhe
2. En Gaanam - EVK
3. Unakkenathaane - Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu
4. Oh Vasantha Raja - Neengal Kettavai
5. Manadhil Enna Ninaivugalo - Poonthalir
6. Muthaaduthe - Nallavanukku Nallavan (esp want to see those guitar works in 2nd interlude live)
7. Rettai Kili Suthi Vandha - Gramathu Minnal
8. Engirundho Azhaikkum - En Jeevan Paadudhu
9. Mella Oornthu - Nandalala
10. Kuthikkira - Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai

Plum
16th December 2011, 10:04 AM
Unakkaena thaane - yes, yes. Essence of the rustic 70s Raja. Essence of a tamil graamam in the 70s caught in a 3-minute capsule. Seniors get angry that it is usually said that IR broguht tamil folk to TFM because well didn't MSV et al do that before. Yet, when you hear such songs, you know that there is a grain of truth in that - the sheer authenticity of this is unmatched before or after. Uinfortunately, even Simbu fans can make such authoritative statements about their idol - such being the nature of fandom - and therefore, even authentic statements like this can be dismissed as fan-boy talk - but to those who drank the flavour of tamil rural milieu of those days and drank in IR's unique blend of tamil folk, they can feel that this is not mere fanboy talk. Every other statement on IR can be contested - but this one's no contest if an observer is truly unbiased.

rajkumarc
16th December 2011, 12:02 PM
Essence of tamil graamam... aptly put Plum. Raja's folk songs have a distinct flavor with unmatched authenticity. To me, no other TFM takes me closer to the graamam than IR's songs. Call me a fanboy and I don't care :smile:

rajsekar
16th December 2011, 12:04 PM
Today's Wall Street Journal carried a very interesting article on Maestro John Williams (somone whom Ilayaraaja admires a lot). John Williams who won 5 Oscars and was nominated 45 times, composes film scores the traditional way using live orchestra. Raaja follows the same method. Enjoy reading the article. Director Steven Spielberg even today uses John's film scores. What an incredible partnership!

Wall Street Journal - ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
DECEMBER 16, 2011

The Last Movie Maestro

For decades, John Williams has been the go-to composer for swelling orchestral compositions. Now, younger, cheaper and edgier musicians are changing the score.

By JOHN JURGENSEN

On the sprawling Universal Studios lot, inside the bungalow where John Williams wrote the music for "Saving Private Ryan," "Schindler's List" and a handful of "Star Wars" films, the composer's office is carpeted, quiet, and without a computer or screens of any kind. He works at a small drafting desk, writing notation in pencil on lined paper, within a chair swivel of a Steinway grand.

It's the piano on which Steven Spielberg hears all the main themes of his movies for the first time—and almost always the last—before Mr. Williams records the full-blown product, often at the helm of a 100-piece orchestra. Their partnership and Mr. Williams's old-fashioned artistry have endured for nearly 40 years, through Hollywood upheavals, studio shuffles and now a dramatic shift in how film music is produced and paid for. The composer remains at the top of his industry in what he describes as "a very privileged bubble."
This Christmas, two Spielberg-directed films (driven by two very different Williams scores) open within days of each other, emphasizing how closely the director's career arc has mirrored the composer's. "War Horse," about an animal that alters the lives of everyone he encounters during World War I, finds the composer in a familiar mode: orchestral overdrive, all soaring strings and thundering brass. By contrast, "The Adventures of Tintin," based on an old comic book series about a daring reporter written by the Belgian artist Hergé, features a sound that's jazzy, kinetic and playful. Co-produced by Peter Jackson and shot with 3-D performance capture technology, it's the first animated film for Mr. Williams, who says he took some inspiration from old "Tom and Jerry" cartoons he loved.
Mr. Spielberg credits the composer for making him "a better director than I could have ever been without him." Recalling the blockbuster that made them both household names, he describes the "esoteric" placeholder music he'd selected as a model for the "Jaws" score—and how Mr. Williams forced him to reconsider. "He said, "Steven, it's not an intellectual film. It's a pirate movie," the director says, adding, "John is like a great writer. He rewrites me musically every single time." After the success of "Jaws," Mr. Spielberg nicknamed Mr. Williams "Max," after Max Steiner, who wrote the first memorable original feature film score (for "King Kong") and helped establish the orchestral language of the movies.

Before pop, rock and folk music stormed into soundtracks in the late 1960s and '70s, "there was an era that harked back to the old studio system when the composer was king," says Doreen Ringer Ross, who oversees the film and TV music division of BMI, the performing rights organization. "John is pretty much the last one standing" from that time.
Film critics respond to Mr. Williams's work with nearly uniform praise. Still, he has been accused of going over the top with bombast. His "Harry Potter" score, for example, "smothers the action with inappropriate grandiosity. It's selling the movie, not supporting it," opined Newsweek critic David Ansen in 2001.

Film historian Jon Burlingame says the traditional film score will live on as long as directors keep attempting sweeping narratives and historical heft: "God help you if you score a 15th-century epic with synthesizers." However, as young filmmakers raised on rock, pop and rap inherit the industry, and studio marketers chase the zeitgest, the sound of a swelling orchestra is losing some relevance. "You're not going to apply an 80-piece orchestra to the 'The Hangover,'" Mr. Burlingame says.

A recent parade of rock and electronica stars into film music isn't the first trend that Mr. Williams has weathered. "Starting in the 1980s with the advent of technology, the whole thing started to break down to a different realm of business," BMI's Ms. Ross says. Synthesizers revolutionized movie music not only with the modern mood they conveyed, but also the manpower they saved. With little more than a Moog console, John Carpenter in 1978 almost singlehandedly created the eerie score to "Halloween."

It may be less obvious to viewers how technology is linked to the budget pressures remaking movie music. Instead of hiring a small army of unionized L.A. musicians ($500 each for a six-hour session and twice that for first-chair aces) and renting a scoring stage at Sony or Warner Brothers (up to $15,000 per day), many composers increasingly hire players from Eastern Europe on the cheap (Bratislava, Slovakia, has been a popular choice for films including the recent Charles Darwin biopic "Creation") and conduct them remotely from L.A. via a live audiovisual link. Or, if money is especially tight, composers use software that can (somewhat) replicate the sound of a live symphony orchestra.

Music budgets have shrunk by at least 25% in the last seven years, says Sandy De Crescent, who hires musicians for Mr. Williams and other top composers. Studios "want an Aaron Copland score but they've only got enough for a chamber group," she says.

Instead of paying composers a separate fee and then picking up the tab for additional music expenses as they mount, studios in recent years have increasingly handed out so-called "packages"—fixed budgets that composers must stretch to cover all musical costs, including their own fee. If a score must be re-written or re-recorded, as is often the case during the editing process, the composer sees personal profit erode. "Even if the package is a generous one, everyone feels the strain," says Mark Graham, a copyist whose roles include transcribing and cataloging sheet music for dozens of Hollywood composers, including Mr. Williams.

Largely insulated from these changes are the handful of composers, including Hans Zimmer ("The Dark Knight"), Alexandre Desplat (the final "Harry Potter" films) and Danny Elfman ("Alice in Wonderland") who get hired to score many big-budget films.

Kathleen Kennedy, Mr. Spielberg's longtime producer, says she's never denied Mr. Williams any resources. Soprano Renée Fleming was recruited to sing an aria from Charles Gounod's "Romeo and Juliet" for a climactic scene in "Tintin." But in other ways Mr. Williams's process is "very tight and efficient," Ms. Kennedy says. He works with the same core team of about four people, including Ms. De Crescent (whom he met in the early 1960s) and doesn't employ an assistant or other intermediary staff. His biggest time saver: because of Mr. Spielberg's trust in the composer and the preliminary piano sketches he presents, Mr. Williams doesn't spend time mocking up "demo" recordings, an essential step for composers seeking a director's approval to move forward.

Unlike some of his peers who service multiple film projects at a time, Mr. Williams doesn't farm out any piecework to underlings. "I'm still writing every note. And it's labor intensive. Six and a half days a week. That's been my life," the composer says. Yet at age 79, he works more swiftly than many in his field, his collaborators say, crediting his singleminded approach to each project.

"There are some composers who are lucky to record five or six minutes of music in a six hour day with an orchestra. John can completely do 20 to 25 minutes, no problem, of complex difficult music with good takes that he doesn't have to revisit," says Mr. Graham, who organizes and distributes the printed music at all the sessions Mr. Williams conducts.

Starting with the end of silent pictures, Hollywood's Golden Age coincided with an influx of top-flight European musicians, some of whom, including Franz Waxman, had fled the Nazis. In the 1930s and '40s composers such as Erich Korngold ("The Adventures of Robin Hood") transposed their expertise in opera and other classical forms to cinema. The '50s and '60s were stamped by American-born composers such as Elmer Bernstein and Leonard Rosenman, who injected jazz and other contemporary sounds.

Despite the pedigree of some of the medium's contributors, including Aaron Copland, traditionalists looked down on film music. Alluding to a bias that still lingers today, Mr. Williams says, "If you go back to the '30s, writing for movies was something most serious composers wouldn't have any truck with."

Mr. Williams was born in New York and learned piano at age 7. His father was skilled percussionist Johnny Williams, who played in the CBS radio orchestra and later moved his family west, where he found session work in feature films such as "From Here to Eternity." His son jumped into the business as a freelance pianist in studio orchestras (listen for him on Mancini's "Peter Gunn"). Stanley Wilson, then head of music at Universal Television, mentored Mr. Williams and propelled his composing career. He showed early range on the swinging "Lost in Space" TV theme and the Americana of the Steve McQueen film "The Reivers," the soundtrack that caught a young Steven Spielberg's ear.

Mr. Williams had scored 34 films (according to the 15-page resume maintained by his agency) by the time Mr. Spielberg sought him out for his debut 1974 feature film "The Sugarland Express." Mr. Williams has won five Oscars, with 45 nominations—tied with Hollywood legend Alfred Newman (whom Mr. Williams once worked for). His next film project: Mr. Spielberg's "Lincoln."

He doesn't read scripts, preferring to write only to footage. He says he can't pinpoint how musical ideas take shape, but like a costume or set designer, responds to a story's setting and mood. In the case of "Tintin," he described Hergé's original comics in painterly terms. "The colors seem to be almost Gauguin-like. Yellows and purples and green-reds," he says, adding that the look of old cars and European architecture made instruments like the musette, a French accordian, seem apt for the movie's scenes of fast-paced street comedy.

His process starts with a "spotting" session with Mr. Spielberg, deciding which scenes should feature music or not. Then, unlike contemporary composers who use a computerized timer that clicks off the beats in a scene, Mr. Williams monitors an analog Minerva stopwatch to write to length. At his desk, he works off his memory of the on-screen action, whether it's a character striding across a room or, as in "War Horse," a horse stampeding through thickets of barbed wire. If he needs to analyze the sequence again, he strolls out of his office and across the hall to a room where music editor Ramiro Belgardt cues up the scene. As recently as the last "Indiana Jones" picture in 2008, this process involved Mr. Belgardt punching rewind and fast forward on a bulky videotape player. (He now calls up time-coded footage on a computer linked to a flat screen television.)

In his office last week, the composer took a break from the sheets of paper splayed across his desk, the theme music to NBC's "Meet the Press." It's a Williams composition that he's been hired to freshen, along with the "Today" opener, which NBC says will debut Jan. 16. He wore a black turtleneck shirt, charcoal slacks and black sneakers. His beard was the same shade of white it's been for three decades. On the coffee table there was a book of Robert Frost's poetry and a CD labeled with tracks from "Sunset Boulevard," "Titanic" and "Sabrina," fodder for one of the live programs of film music that he conducts at the Hollywood Bowl or Tanglewood in Massachusetts, where he's been a longtime presence.

Though self-effacing ("It isn't my personality to be particularly proud of what I do") the composer seems to recognize his legacy as arguably the only living film composer with both classical credentials and name recognition among everyday moviegoers. At the recent request of conductor James Levine, Mr. Williams wrote a piece for solo harp to be performed by Ann Hobson Pilot on the occasion of her retirement from the Boston Symphony.

And he's dead serious about the role movies can play in bringing the music he loves to millions. "Today we have fantastic art music being created over here," Mr. Williams said, gesturing with one hand, "and over here pop music that's ubiquitous and permeates everything. There's an enormous gap between these two universes, and if we need a tissue that would somehow connect it, it seems to be more and more film music which is creating a glue, a binder, between the vernacular and the music of art."

Corrections & Amplifications
Music editor Ramiro Belgardt works with John Williams. An earlier version of this article incorrectly gave his surname as Belgradt.

Plum
16th December 2011, 01:39 PM
It's not even about being called a fan-boy - I don't think any fan boy of any artist feels bad about being called a fan-boy. It is about how "sbjectivity" is used to conveniently equalize things that really aren't objectively equal.

Plum
16th December 2011, 01:42 PM
Tom and Jerry is a good reference. Many a time, when I play BGM tracks of Raja on my audio, my daughter calls it "tom and jerry" song :). What it means ofcourse is "inspired by WCM", which, unsurprisingly, John Williams confesses to be. And so would his equivalent in TFM I guess...

thumburu
16th December 2011, 08:11 PM
nice variety thumburu.. If Yesudas is part of the concert, I prefer him singinging these 2 from your list..

1. Yedho ninaivugaL
2. koondhalile megam vandhu

Rajaram, with Janaki and Yesudass well past their stage performing capabilities, it is Vijay Yesudas's interest to practise his dad's noteworthy numbers, may be under the senior's tutelage

Divine22
17th December 2011, 07:08 AM
No issues, RR :)

Thanks for clarifications Plum , raja_fan & rajaramsgi :)

skr
17th December 2011, 03:32 PM
Ok pa official Ad is out - yaarellam vareenga ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G21jWV96XNQ&feature=youtu.be

crvenky
17th December 2011, 03:54 PM
From this week's Vikatan:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th December 2011, 05:04 PM
Rajni songla start panni kamal song la mudichirukkaanga! As usual meni silirthufying pa :D

baroque
17th December 2011, 10:19 PM
Ok pa official Ad is out - yaarellam vareenga ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G21jWV96XNQ&feature=youtu.be

Glowing Raja!

Please ask them to release in DVD ( all region ) with working menu options like selecting songs etc .

enjoy ,
vinatha

KV
19th December 2011, 01:42 PM
Got sucked into vandhaale allipoo this morning. Now I want raaja to sing this one too in the concert! :yes:

So, 28th it is going to be, alright. What about the song list? Has Suba posted anything about this on her fp page?

wizzy
19th December 2011, 03:52 PM
Where are the tickets :???:

KV
19th December 2011, 04:33 PM
Available from Dec21st, says skr.

kameshratnam
19th December 2011, 07:45 PM
ticket ticket ticket

sale started

டிக்கெட் விற்பனை கோலாகலத் துவக்கம்! முந்துங்கள்!

http://www.jayanetwork.in/tickets/

kameshratnam
19th December 2011, 07:47 PM
YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA SHARED A VIDEO OF THE PROGRAMME REHEARSALS

THE SONG IS EN INIYA PON NILAVE....SEE IR's GUITARIST SADA SIR PLAYING

At my dads show rehearsals :-)http://www.twitvid.com/UISOA

app_engine
20th December 2011, 12:23 AM
Anna Hazare watches meeNdum mahAthmA in Chennai (http://tamil.webdunia.com/newsworld/news/tnnews/1112/18/1111218015_1.htm)

சென்னை வந்த அண்ணா ஹசாரே “முதல்வர் மகாத்மா” சினிமா பார்த்தார். இயக்குனர் பாலகிருஷ்ணன் இந்தப்படத்தை இயக்கி உள்ளார். இவர் ஏற்கனவே “காமராஜ்” என்ற படத்தை எடுத்தவர். தற்போது “முதல்வர் மகாத்மா” படத்தை தமிழ், இந்தி, ஆங்கிலம் ஆகிய 3 மொழிகளில் இயக்கியுள்ளார்.
இந்தப்படத்தில் காந்தியாக 61 வயது நடிகர் கனகராஜ் சிறப்பாக நடித்துள்ளார். இவர் ஏற்கனவே காமராஜ் படத்தில் காமராஜராக நடித்தவர். காந்தியின் சீடராக இந்தி நடிகர் அனுபம்கேர் நடித்துள்ளார். இளையராஜா இசை அமைத்துள்ளார். 8 பாடல்கள் இடம் பெற்று உள்ளன. 2 மணி நேரம் படம் ஓடுகிறது.

Vkrish
20th December 2011, 12:30 AM
Hi...I booked the 3 tickets online...but before noting down the reference id, it quickly took me over to the next screen stating your tickets booked sucessfully...
when i clike ticket details..it asks me for transaction id and password :( onnume puriyala..could anyone help me how can i get an the ref. id. Will showing my ID number at the entry gate sufficient?? It will be great, if someone shares some phone number to whom i can call & enquire !! Thanks in advance..

KV
20th December 2011, 12:35 AM

paya video eduththaan seri, aana guitarlist pakkathla ninnu, avara kaamikardha vittutu, he focuses nowhere in particular. loosa pa nee? :banghead:

KV
20th December 2011, 12:36 AM
vkrish, i'm told that there are some server issues in the ticket-booking site. You might wanna check Suba's FB page which should have more updates on this.

Bala (Karthik)
20th December 2011, 01:25 AM

Thanks for sharing. Magic!

baroque
20th December 2011, 02:37 AM
Wow! What a way to finish 2011/begin 2012 for some you attending the live program!:thumbsup:

Thanks Kamesh for bringing the Yuvan's post for us here.:musicsmile:

Yuvan, thanks.
love,
Vinatha.

wizzy
20th December 2011, 07:42 AM
thx for the tickets info.. pricing :thumbsup: KV garu coming to the concert?

KV
20th December 2011, 01:35 PM
^vadivel as mokkachaami: aamaam, aamaam, pinna, adhukku thaana idhellam!

wizzy
20th December 2011, 01:55 PM
^appo kandipa meetuvom

Sid_316
20th December 2011, 06:05 PM
ticket ticket ticket

sale started

டிக்கெட் விற்பனை கோலாகலத் துவக்கம்! முந்துங்கள்!

http://www.jayanetwork.in/tickets/

Enaku open aagala :|

KV
20th December 2011, 06:08 PM
^appo kandipa meetuvom
:thumbsup: sila pala abbargal vara vaaipu irukkunu nenaikkaren. meeteervom.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th December 2011, 06:37 PM
Enaku open aagala :|enakkum thaan. waat piraablem?!?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st December 2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.agimusic.com/Agi_Music/For_%26_By_fans.html

Dear Raaja’s Fans, this page is for fans of Raaja. Please share your collections of articles, rare photos & LP images to be placed here. It will be shared, viewed and downloaded for free among all fans.

It is a small appreciation and contribution by Agi Music for our living legend maestro Ilaiyaraaja.

Please email your contents to agi@agimusic.com.

Already some interesting articles are there

skr
22nd December 2011, 06:31 AM
Guys , me and a friend have 8 extra tickets for Rs 500 Bucks .
Unfortunately as i was trying to book for 750 , the site said please try again and i was forced to get 500 buck tickets .
But after 3 hrs , presto tickets again started appearing for Rs 750 and i bought them .
So , if anyone requires the tickets for Rs 500 , i will be glad to oblige .
Please do contact me .

rajaramsgi
22nd December 2011, 09:47 PM
என்னங்க? நாலு நாள் ஊர்ல இல்லேன்னா எவ்ளோ மாறிடுச்சு.. கொஞ்சூண்டு அவகாசத்துல நிகழச்சி தேதி அறிவிச்சுருக்காங்க. 28,29,30 ஆபீஸ் மட்டம் போட முடியாது. விமான டிக்கெட் கிடைக்குமா தெரியலை. ஒரு நாள் கூத்துக்கு இவ்ளோ செலவு பண்ணி போகனுமானு காலையிலேர்ந்து வீட்ல சத்தம். மண்டை காஞ்சு போய் கெடக்குறேன்.

அது சரி, நாம பல பேரு லிஸ்ட் போட்டோம், ஆனா யாருமே "என் இனிய பொன் நிலாவே" செலக்ட் பண்ணலியே. இதுவும் நல்லதுக்கு தான்.. நெறைய ஆச்சர்யம் இருக்கும் நிகழ்ச்சியில. ஏன்னா, என்ன தான் iphone/mp3 players இருந்தாலும், என்ன மாதிரி ஆளுங்களுக்கு ரேடியோ தான் கிக். அடுத்த பாட்டு என்ன வரும்னு தெரியாம பாட்டு கேக்கற சுகம் இருக்கே.... அது தனி. எல்லா பாடுமே நாம நினைக்காத பாடல்களா இருந்தா சூப்பரா இருக்கும்.

wizzy
23rd December 2011, 12:20 PM
printable tickets haven't been mailed..will the confirmation mail suffice/

raajarasigan
23rd December 2011, 12:32 PM
I can't go :sad: :mad:

Punnaimaran
24th December 2011, 12:24 AM
IR in Balki's new venture "Hinglish Vinglish" to be released in 2012.

rajaramsgi
24th December 2011, 04:16 AM
திருநாள்னு ஒரு படம் வந்துச்சா என்ன? ரொம்ப வருஷத்துக்கு முன்னாடி பாரதிராஜா பிரபுவை வெச்சு திருநாள் அப்படின்னு ஒரு படம் எடுக்க போறதா விளம்பரமெல்லாம் வந்துச்சு. அது தான் பின்னாடி பசும்பொன்னா வந்துருக்கும்னு நினைக்கிறன். கிங்காங் ஏதோ அளந்து விடறானே இங்க?

29-ஜூன் -2011 ஆனந்த விகடன் இதழ்லில் .. ''குறைவான ஆசை... நிறைவான வாழ்க்கை!'' அனுபவம் பேசும் கிங்காங் .....

'திருநாள்’ படத்தில் ரெண்டு வரி நான் பாடற மாதிரி ஸீன். அதைப் பாடுறதுக்காக ஸ்டுடியோவுக்கு வந்தேன். ரெகார்டிங்ல இருந்த இளையராஜா சாரோட சேர்ந்து போட்டோ எடுத்துக்கணும்னு மனசு படபடனு அடிச்சுக்குது. பி.ஆர்.ஓ. விஜயமுரளி யிடம் சொன்னேன். ராஜா சாரும் ஆனந்தமா சிரிச் சுக்கிட்டே போஸ் கொடுத்தார். இந்த மாதிரி சிரிப் புடன் ராஜா சார் இருக்குறது ரொம்ப அபூர்வமாம். நான் அதிர்ஷ்டசாலி சார்!'' என்றவர் தொடர்ந்தார்.

kameshratnam
24th December 2011, 08:53 AM
Thank you heartan

Press meet of IR for the concert

http://youtu.be/dMbXBIVc8Oc

http://youtu.be/joSPCPr7q0k

skr
24th December 2011, 02:24 PM
Ilaiyaraaja Press Meet .
Here he talks about the suspense element

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOZ0W6nqF0Y&feature=youtu.be

KV
24th December 2011, 02:42 PM
If the songs performed here are to be taken as an indicator of what's to come, then good, very good I say! Vaana mazhai pOla :shock: :bow:
They claim to have read all the emails (7000 mails nu solraanga!), enna thErudhu nu paarpOm.
Btw, Raaja's answers, as always, deep :clap:

app_engine
24th December 2011, 07:21 PM
நமக்குத்தொழில் பாட்டு, பேச்சில்ல

:thumbsup:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th December 2011, 09:26 PM
ennadaa oru pressmeet mudinjirukku innum media kitta irunthu entha vambu news um varalaiyennu paathen, itho vanthaachu!

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2011/dec/241211a.asp

rajaramsgi
24th December 2011, 10:24 PM
Press meet was great, looks like Raja is well prepared for the show. Can't wait. I don't think the songs we heard in the press meet is what we will listen in the show.. this is something Jaya TV organised for the press meet, all singers are from Hariyudan Naan Jaya TV program.

raajarasigan
24th December 2011, 10:26 PM
Isaiyil Thodangudhamma :redjump:

jaiganes
24th December 2011, 11:37 PM
nice songs.. idhu irundhaale podhum -oru tolerable tv show handsla kedaichudum...

krish244
25th December 2011, 08:20 AM
IR in Balki's new venture "Hinglish Vinglish" to be released in 2012.

Punnaimaran, IR is not the composer for this movie. Music is by Amit Trivedi.

http://fillum.com/movies/previews/english-vinglish-movie-preview/

thanks

Krishnan

raja_fan
25th December 2011, 12:22 PM
// ஆனால் க்யூவில் நின்றிருந்த ஒருவர், நாங்க ஐந்து மணி நேரமா காத்திருக்கோம். இவரை மட்டும் சட்டுன்னு உள்ளே கூட்டிட்டு போகலாமா என்றார். நான் அவரிடம், நான் எத்தனை ஜென்மமா காத்திருக்கேன்னு உனக்கு தெரியுமா என்று கேட்டேன். //

Just was amused reading this reply of Raja ( If the news item is true in quoting him ).

Does Raja know how many births his Jivaatma ( Jiva, not his wife, but his individual :-) ) has been cycling to reach the Supreme divinity ?

Or, How can he judge how many births that man ( in the queue ) has been waiting for ?

If I had been in that lucky ( I am not that blessed to meet IR ), I would have shot him back with this question..

Raajaa, neenga pethinadhai ellaam press meetla vandhu solli innum asinga padareengale...paattu thaan unga thozhil-nu sollittu, thirumbavum edhukku indha maathiri pechai aarambikkareenga..

krish244
25th December 2011, 12:54 PM
Hariprasad performing in Chenna:

"...Chaurasia's association with Chennai goes a long way. “I used to come to Gemini studios when I was working in films. <B>And, of course, Ilayaraja. I think he is the greatest man blessed by god</B>.”..."

That is some mighty respect he has for IR's work!

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/cities/chennai/%E2%80%98music-buffs-are-my-family%E2%80%99-334

thanks,

Krishnan

K
25th December 2011, 01:40 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2011/12/25-pdk-cadres-agitate-infront-ilayaraj-house-aid0091.html

இளையராஜா வீடு முன்பு பெரியார் தி.க. தொண்டர்கள் போராட்டம் நடத்தியுள்ளனர். டிசம்பர் 28ம் தேதி மலபார் கோல்ட் நிறுவன இசை நிகழ்ச்சியில் இளையராஜா கலந்து கொள்கிறார். இசை நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்துகிறார். மலபார் கோல்ட் நிறுவனம் கேரளாவைச் சேர்ந்ததாகும். இதனால் இதில் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா கலந்து கொள்ளக் கூடாது, அதைப் புறக்கணிக்க வேண்டும் என்று கோரி இளையராஜாவின் வீடு முன்பு பெரியார் தி.கவினர் திரண்டு வந்து ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் நடத்தினர்.

rajaramsgi
25th December 2011, 08:13 PM
போதி தர்மன் ஒரு வன்னியன் என்று பாட்டாளி மக்கள் கட்சி மீட்டிங்கில கொஞ்ச நாள் முன்னாடி காமெடி பண்ணாய்ங்க.
இப்போ பெரியார் தி.க பண்றது வெறும் காமெடி மட்டும் பண்ணலை, எத பண்ணினா லைம்லைட்ல இருப்போம்னு ரூம் போட்டு யோசிச்ச பைத்தியகாரத்தனம்.

நல்ல பெயர் வாங்க இளையராஜாவை பயன் படுத்திக்கலாம். அது ஞாயம்.
அசிங்கப்படவுமா? அட கடவுளே..

R.Latha
25th December 2011, 08:51 PM
Following the bandwagon of Malayalee heroines, who had made a good name in Tamil is the actress Sunulakshmy, whose latest 'Senkathubhoomiyile' is gradually grabbing media attention. The actress who had been to many popular television serials like 'Kadamattathu Kathanar' and 'Kuttichathan', is playing a village girl in this yet to be released movie which will be distributed to theaters by none other than the music maestro 'Illayaraja.

The maestro is said to be much impressed by the acting of Sunulakshmy in the movie. ''I find it as a biggest accomplishment in my life to get the accolades from lIlayaraja sir, who said he was much impressed by my portrayal of the orphan, Poonkodi in this movie.'' says Sunulakshmy. Illayaraja also sung the songs of the movie for her in his studio and has also tuned one special song "Ennusire, ennei vittu pokathe..." for her character in the movie.

Expected to be on theatres by February, Sunulakshmy is in great expectations for the Box office performance of the movie. The actress has earlier debuted into Tamil with the flick 'Sirithen Rasithen'. She is also the heroine for the movie 'Moonru Malar' which is currently on production.
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/75854.html

rajaramsgi
25th December 2011, 11:52 PM
அந்த பொண்ணு மோதிர கையால் குட்டுபடவில்லை, ஆசீர்வதிக்க பட்டிருக்கிராருங்க..

அப்புறம், எல்லா ராஜா ரசிகர்களுக்கும் என்னுடைய கிறிஸ்துமஸ் வாழ்த்துகள்.

kameshratnam
26th December 2011, 08:42 AM
SPB Yesudas Janaki and chithra are singing

Raaja sir will play the piano for the song Nee partha parvai from Hey ram and hariharan would sing it

Most songs from 1976 to 1990's

jaiganes
26th December 2011, 10:10 AM
enakku politics theriyaadhu - but regarding raasappu - the man is a national/international treasure - indha maadhiri rendu state problems moolama avarai surukka koodaadhu..
@R_F - the man simply states the incident as an anology not as a defense or justification - that is so evident. ennamo ungalukku raasappu mela oru irritation - i dont know why or wherefore - but simply inserting it into every time a news video is posted here is getting too predictable and boring to an extent - offcourse not denying you your right to free speech within the bounds set by hub mods - just making my point at the same time..

raja_fan
26th December 2011, 11:02 AM
enakku politics theriyaadhu - but regarding raasappu - the man is a national/international treasure - indha maadhiri rendu state problems moolama avarai surukka koodaadhu..
@R_F - the man simply states the incident as an anology not as a defense or justification - that is so evident. ennamo ungalukku raasappu mela oru irritation - i dont know why or wherefore - but simply inserting it into every time a news video is posted here is getting too predictable and boring to an extent - offcourse not denying you your right to free speech within the bounds set by hub mods - just making my point at the same time..

No Jaiganes. I am not waiting to post such remarks on IR.
But see how he blabbers ! Jumping the queue can be for many reasons..you could have told that man in the queue that you tried to be on the queue but helpless as a VIP . Instead of that, he has put his Bhakthi as something superior and long-waiting than the Bhakthi of that common man in the queue..
Ivvalavu ahankaarathai ulle vaithu kondu, indha manushan mukthiyai parri pesi enna payan.. ?
As one of his fans, I feel bad when he invites bad name to himself by his utterings..

KV
26th December 2011, 11:02 AM
seri, nadakkudho illayo, ippOdhikku yaarellaam vareenga?
nigazhchikku munnaadi oru chinna sandhippu vechchurvOma?

wizzy
26th December 2011, 11:25 AM
KV, got the printable tickets? have only the confirmation mail with order id

jaiganes
26th December 2011, 11:35 AM
No Jaiganes. I am not waiting to post such remarks on IR.
But see how he blabbers ! Jumping the queue can be for many reasons..you could have told that man in the queue that you tried to be on the queue but helpless as a VIP . Instead of that, he has put his Bhakthi as something superior and long-waiting than the Bhakthi of that common man in the queue..
Ivvalavu ahankaarathai ulle vaithu kondu, indha manushan mukthiyai parri pesi enna payan.. ?
As one of his fans, I feel bad when he invites bad name to himself by his utterings..
edhu ahangaaram? edhu ego?
indha topic spiritual masters decide panradhu.
namma paakaradhu ellaame - "naan romba adakkamaanavan" appidinnu public figures poattukkara oru dress mattume.
Personally I prefer the "new clothes" of the emperor to the pretentious costumes of false humility.
Raaja olarugiraar, agambaavam velikkaattukiraar appdinnaa - neenga yaen saar koochapadanum?
Nirai kudam thalumbaadhu dhaan.. aanal samuththiraththil alai modhaththaan seyyum.
Neenga raajaavai verum oru nirai kudamaagaththaan paarkireergal - and that is a problem of perspective...

KV
26th December 2011, 11:39 AM
KV, got the printable tickets? have only the confirmation mail with order id
printable tickets haven't come yet'nu skr sonnaaru. ErkanavE neraya issuekkal, idhunaalayum prachchana aagaama irundha seri.

KV
26th December 2011, 11:45 AM
jg, simbly re-quote your signature and close the debate'nga!

R_F, you're argument is kinda understandable. But considering that this has been recurring so many times now, would it be so impossible for you to accept the man as he is? Imperfect, arrogant, unpredictable, eccentric - if he is all this in your judgement, so be it. Ivaru ippidi dhaannu vittringa baas. Avalo kashtama?

wizzy
26th December 2011, 11:49 AM
^abba relieved..PM me the meet details

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th December 2011, 02:53 PM
Surprisingly, Raja has responded to the protesters, saying that he will try to postpone or avoid the function.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/interview/2011/12/26-ilayaraja-may-skip-the-live-concert-aid0136.html

ந்த விவரம் வெளிநாட்டில் இருந்த இளையராஜாவிடம் போன் மூலம் தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டது. உடனே திநகர் உதவி ஆணையர் தமிழ்செல்வனை தொடர்பு கொண்ட இளையராஜா, "இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துவதற்கான ஒப்பந்தம் கடந்த 6 மாதங்களுக்கு முன்பாகவே கையொப்பம் ஆகிவிட்டது. என் துணைவியாரின் மரணத்திற்கு பிறகு, எந்த நிகழ்ச்சிக்கும் நான் ஒப்புக் கொள்ளவில்லை. யாருடைய விளம்பரப் படத்திலும் தோன்றவோ இசையமைக்கவோ இல்லை.

இப்போது இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்துவது சிக்கலாகியுள்ளது. இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்தினால் தமிழர்களின், தமிழ் அமைப்புகளின் பலமான கண்டனத்துக்கு ஆளாவேன் என்பது எனக்கும் தெரியும். அவர்களின் உணர்வுகளை நான் புரிந்து கொள்கிறேன். மதிக்கிறேன்.

எனவே எப்படியாவது நான் நிகழ்ச்சியை தள்ளிப்போடுவதற்கோ, கலந்து கொள்ளாமல் தவிர்ப்பதற்கோ ஏற்பாடு செய்கிறேன் என்று போராட்டக்காரர்களிடம் எடுத்துச் சொல்லுங்கள்," என கூறினார்.

இளையராஜாவின் இந்த பதில் தமிழ் உணர்வாளர்களுக்கு திருப்தியளித்துள்ளது.

But this is one sided statement which is not complete. Jaya Tv has to say the final word i think...

eppadi ellaam conection kudukkuraangunga paarunga! Illenna mattum ivinga chummaa iruppaangaLaa enna?!?

முல்லைப் பெரியாறு தண்ணீரால் பலன் பெறும் தேனி மாவட்டத்தில்தான் ராஜாவின் சொந்த ஊர் பண்ணைப் புரம் உள்ளது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

KV
26th December 2011, 03:07 PM
vidhi thala vidhi :banghead:

San_K
26th December 2011, 03:14 PM
hmmmm

malabar gold- than pirachanaiyaaaa?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
26th December 2011, 04:08 PM
what were these torture groups doing from the 1st day where the ad was released?!? Sponsers were announced right from beginning. Always torture in last minute :evil:

QveHuls
26th December 2011, 05:35 PM
Surprisingly, Raja has responded to the protesters, saying that he will try to postpone or avoid the function.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/interview/2011/12/26-ilayaraja-may-skip-the-live-concert-aid0136.html

But this is one sided statement which is not complete. Jaya Tv has to say the final word i think...

eppadi ellaam conection kudukkuraangunga paarunga! Illenna mattum ivinga chummaa iruppaangaLaa enna?!?

Hi All,
This is my first post in mayyam. Me too a fan of Raja sir and a silent reader of this forum for long time. I just called Jaya TV - they said Programme will be there on wednesday and the above thatstamil news is fake.

QveHuls
26th December 2011, 05:37 PM
printable tickets haven't come yet'nu skr sonnaaru. ErkanavE neraya issuekkal, idhunaalayum prachchana aagaama irundha seri.

I too did not receive the printable tickets yet, I booked on 22nd Dec. I called Jaya TV - (044 4396 0000) and i got confirmed that I will receive the printable ticket by tomorrow evening.

QveHuls
26th December 2011, 05:41 PM
Can we bring camera to the concert? First time attending a concert. Just wanted to know :)

wizzy
26th December 2011, 06:12 PM
^thx for the concert info sir..usual'a you can sneak in point and shoot..DSLR konjam kastam :)

KV
26th December 2011, 06:15 PM
tickets vandhachaam.

Plum
26th December 2011, 07:15 PM
Lovely tidbit from S Janaki on Saakshi TV: unfortunately, I missed the early portions of this and had to do some guesswork: "...I was waiting till 1PM, and he didn't turn up. I got angry and wlaked off...even my husband was saying 'didn't you make him wait the other day, why can't you wait for another aw hour here' but I have my prestige right? I refused to sing for him. Next day I was recording in a nearby studio(floor, perhaps) and I heard Jency singing for him but 'manakku kooda prestige kaadha' so I didn't go to him. He sent many messengers to every place I was recording for 2 months. Then he came to a recording where (x) was MD and pleaded with me. I wqs saying "no" and the MD was shooing him off saying 'don't disturb my recording' but he was pleading...finally he relented"

Plum
26th December 2011, 07:25 PM
Missed this bit:"The messengers was saying Raja was feeling bad that his songs were spoilt because he was using lesser singers but what can I do for that? I was adamant"

Plum
26th December 2011, 07:41 PM
A lot to infer on a) the arrogant, thimir pidicha Raja b)improper usage of singers, especially Jency, by Raja.

skr
26th December 2011, 08:04 PM
Ok , finally got the ticket .
Super excited about the show , heard there r a lot of big surprises
Yaarellam pa vareenga ? Meet pottuduvom

jaiganes
26th December 2011, 09:23 PM
illeenga.. avar thimir pidichavar dhaan.. how can the world be lit up when my eyes are closed?
enakku avar thimirayum pidikkum..

skr
26th December 2011, 10:28 PM
Hubbers la I , Kv , Usha and Wizzy coming for sure .
Also believe Eagle and Rajasaranam coming
Anyone else making it for the show ?

wizzy
26th December 2011, 10:57 PM
Skr, got the gate number details? anyways will gatecrash :-D

skr
26th December 2011, 11:13 PM
Yes , mice is Gate 5

KV
26th December 2011, 11:17 PM
plum, which show on Saakshi TV?

Plum
26th December 2011, 11:31 PM
Theriyalainga random surfingla paarthadhu. Uteeblaiyum kedaikka vaaippillai...

genesis
27th December 2011, 02:35 AM
Theriyalainga random surfingla paarthadhu. Uteeblaiyum kedaikka vaaippillai...

googled "janaki saakshi raja" and the first youtube video result is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kakn4a3ZuQ

Jananki talkes about tussle with Raja starting around 8 minutes

app_engine
27th December 2011, 03:51 AM
googled "janaki saakshi raja" and the first youtube video result is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kakn4a3ZuQ

Jananki talkes about tussle with Raja starting around 8 minutes

Translation please :-)

genesis
27th December 2011, 05:06 AM
Translation please :-)

Plum already translated it. I am just supporting with video evidence. Otherwise my Telugu knowledge is zero+.

Lovely tidbit from S Janaki on Saakshi TV: unfortunately, I missed the early portions of this and had to do some guesswork: "...I was waiting till 1PM, and he didn't turn up. I got angry and wlaked off...even my husband was saying 'didn't you make him wait the other day, why can't you wait for another aw hour here' but I have my prestige right? I refused to sing for him. Next day I was recording in a nearby studio(floor, perhaps) and I heard Jency singing for him but 'manakku kooda prestige kaadha' so I didn't go to him. He sent many messengers to every place I was recording for 2 months. Then he came to a recording where (x) was MD and pleaded with me. I wqs saying "no" and the MD was shooing him off saying 'don't disturb my recording' but he was pleading...finally he relented"

irir123
27th December 2011, 09:31 AM
so IR has a tiff with SJ as well !!?!! is there anyone he has not quarelled with ??

app_engine
27th December 2011, 09:40 AM
so IR has a tiff with SJ as well !!?!! is there anyone he has not quarelled with ??

As per Plum's translation, it was SJ who showed muRukku (cause IR was late) and IR went begging her to come and sing for him, even got humiliated by another MD.

Where is the question of IR having a "tiff" with her?

Misunderstanding at its core :shock:

raagas
27th December 2011, 10:18 AM
Translation:

Janaki had to record two songs - one for MSV and one for Ilaiyaraaja on the same day and timings were clashing. When she asked MSV to adjust the timings, MSV convinced that the recording will be over by 12 and she can then proceed to IR's recording - which was at the adjacent recording theatre. Trusting that, she committed to IR's song. But MSV's recording didnt finish on time and while Janaki reminded him about timing, MSV said "I didnt expect this delay". Janaki also didnt feel like troubling the veteran composer, by complaining and took it in stride. Meanwhile, IR's men kept visiting MSV's recording for Janaki and Janaki kept telling them "just another 15mins, 30mins".. Finally, MSV's recording ended at 2pm and she rushed to IR's recording. But by then, IR started recording with singer Jency and Janaki was miffed. She then started avoiding IR and IR came back to her, complaining why she is not singing for him. Janaki's reply to IR: "there were cases when songs were sent from recording theatre even at 3pm..there were cases when lot of people waited long for you also. Couldnt you wait now, for some time? I am in the same studio, just few yards away from recording theatre. Matter of understanding and adjustment!". Later IR came to her, at some movie's preview theatre and complained again that songs are not coming out well. Janaki was adamant again and told him that if he is able to find singers for his song, so be it.. Later, she compromised and gave in.

Typical date arrangements/logistics problems that often lead to misunderstandings between singers/actors/technicians. I am sure every artist/actors must have experienced this. Nothing special.

Another incident Janaki narrates is that, for a film, all the songs were sung by some new singers and for a certain club song, IR wanted Janaki. Janaki wanted to have atleast one song for the heroine, instead of a mere club song. She admits that she did sing many club songs before, but she didnt want just a club song alone. IR didnt budge and she stopped singing for him. Again he stalked her to other composers' recordings or used to send his brother. In one such recording of another composer, IR went there and again started complaining. That other composer asked IR not to disturb her concentration and asked IR to leave.

Janaki says that she never cancelled any commitment, after agreeing to a song. she said that she sang many songs for IR despite undergoing severe palpitations.

Plum
27th December 2011, 10:50 AM
Raagas, thanks. I missed the initial parts and had to piece the story together. Yeah, it is a commonplace incident and that precisely is the charm as it steers away both from the larger than life philosophica Raja image as well as arrogant prick image.

jaiganes
27th December 2011, 10:57 AM
You know it could also be that Raaja has some form of High Function Autism that makes him totally numb/oblivious to some obvious social nuances. USAla porandhu irundhaa
idhayum aaraaichi panni oru therapy kuduthu, brand ambassadoor aakki iruppaanga. namma oorlana, "thimir pidichavan", "thalai ganakkaaran" appdinnu pattam dhaan kedaikkum..

K
27th December 2011, 11:11 AM
quit discussing other things and enjoy King's Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8iLO0Sbi_M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52RfyFgnpbs&feature=related

KV
27th December 2011, 11:32 AM
Raagas, Plum, Genesis :thumbsup:
If this also doesn't serve proof to the whiners, the only thing the man can do next is wear printed T-shirts with messages on them. 'I'm human, not a saint', 'Beware - stinging tongue', 'I speak my mind, please don't mind', 'don't think otherwise' (gult-land export model)

jaiganes
27th December 2011, 11:42 AM
awesome programme this by kalaignar TV... looking forward to the next week already..

KV
27th December 2011, 12:10 PM
Isaikku Raaja is a commendable effort, no doubt, but I'm afraid it's turning into an opportunity lost, or under-utilized.
The people they've approached to speak about, somehow aren't making full justice to the man's music and the air-time given to them.
Raj (or whatever his name is, sorry) seems knowledgeable, but look at what he speaks about in the show - most of the time is wasted in adjectives and similes. C'mon man, you can afford to be a bit more technical (where again I'm having trouble with his thalam analysis, which I find quite weird, to say the least).
Same's with other guests like Anuradha Krishnamurthy, TP Gajendran, and other producers/directors. Most of these people have stock answers - beautiful song, perfectly suiting the visuals, composed in 10mins, nobody can compose like him. Yeah, we didn't know any of this already, thanks for the gyan.

The show (atleast the technical part) would be far better if they could get people like Rajesh Vaidya, Prasanna or other musicians who are either self-proclaimed IR fans or who have worked with him. Ennamo pOnga, nadakkara muttum sandosham nu vidavEdiyadhu dhan pola.

ravi_737
27th December 2011, 12:51 PM
Is the show still ON ? Hope it goes on as planned.

Does anyone have spare tickets ? two of my freinds popped up yesterday and were looking for tickets. Unfortunately, the online tickets are closed for sale.
Please let me know if anyone has extra tickets for sale. preferably the YELLOW ones.

Thanks again and hope to have a great time tomorrow !!!!!!

Bala (Karthik)
27th December 2011, 03:39 PM
Isaikku Raaja is a commendable effort, no doubt, but I'm afraid it's turning into an opportunity lost, or under-utilized.
The people they've approached to speak about, somehow aren't making full justice to the man's music and the air-time given to them.
Raj (or whatever his name is, sorry) seems knowledgeable, but look at what he speaks about in the show - most of the time is wasted in adjectives and similes.
Same's with other guests like Anuradha Krishnamurthy, TP Gajendran, and other producers/directors. Most of these people have stock answers - beautiful song, perfectly suiting the visuals, composed in 10mins, nobody can compose like him. Yeah, we didn't know any of this already, thanks for the gyan.

The show (atleast the technical part) would be far better if they could get people like Rajesh Vaidya, Prasanna or other musicians who are either self-proclaimed IR fans or who have worked with him. Ennamo pOnga, nadakkara muttum sandosham nu vidavEdiyadhu dhan pola.
:exactly:

groucho070
27th December 2011, 03:41 PM
You know it could also be that Raaja has some form of High Function Autism that makes him totally numb/oblivious to some obvious social nuances. USAla porandhu irundhaa
idhayum aaraaichi panni oru therapy kuduthu, brand ambassadoor aakki iruppaanga. namma oorlana, "thimir pidichavan", "thalai ganakkaaran" appdinnu pattam dhaan kedaikkum..Absolutely. Angga eccentric-nu-mbaingga, ingga....

Bala (Karthik)
27th December 2011, 03:41 PM
Not to mention the editing - oru rendu vaarthai, cut, paattu, - idhe cycle la repeat panraanga

QveHuls
27th December 2011, 03:55 PM
Raj (or whatever his name is, sorry) seems knowledgeable, but look at what he speaks about in the show - most of the time is wasted in adjectives and similes. C'mon man, you can afford to be a bit more technical (where again I'm having trouble with his thalam analysis, which I find quite weird, to say the least).

yes true. Also to add in the above - that Raja sir brought back Tamil people to listen to tamil songs. This was said by many people in many occasions(Radha Ravi, TP Gajendran).. The person who analyzed Andhimazhai poligiradhu and Naan Kanden song was great.

KV
27th December 2011, 08:16 PM
plumgaaru, meeru concertki osthunnaara?

KV
27th December 2011, 08:20 PM
suresh65, rajasaranam, eagle, usha madam - ivengellaam varaangannu kelvipatten.

Vkrish
28th December 2011, 12:13 AM
me too coming :-) just on time to make my vacation special !!!

San_K
28th December 2011, 12:30 AM
me too :)

wizzy
28th December 2011, 12:51 AM
yaarellam gate 5 :)

irir123
28th December 2011, 02:24 AM
As per Plum's translation, it was SJ who showed muRukku (cause IR was late) and IR went begging her to come and sing for him, even got humiliated by another MD.

Where is the question of IR having a "tiff" with her?

Misunderstanding at its core :shock:

misunderstanding clarified after reading subsequent postings - my telugu is bad!

rajaramsgi
28th December 2011, 05:24 AM
thanks for the SJ interview links and translations.. nice to know the stories.

SJ-IR misunderstanding must have happened in 81 or 82 or even earlier, considering the mention of Jency's name and MSV's recording.

Is SJ exaggerating the incidents?

We are aware as it was clearly evident that Raja was so desperate for her voice, but not sure if he would have gone to the extent of begging her as his pride, ego & eccentric characteristics has been with him ever since, it is not that he developed those attitudes after he became as a MD. Also it is a bit hard to believe that he went around to other music director's recordings and got humiliated. I think SJ must have been over excited in this interview and added extra few bits to the incidents in telugu, without knowing where to stop.

Will she dare herself to say the same stories in a tamil tv show or write these incidents in her biography? I am not trying to be mean to her, all I am saying is these incidents must have be exaggerated.

skr
28th December 2011, 07:03 AM
Update from Subhashree
Dear Fans of Raja, gates open at 5. we are planning to allot 30 minutes for people to come and settle in. at 5 30 we will have some theme music play on and 5 45 you will get to see the GOD. give 15 to 20 mins grace time both ways for organising problems. and parking problems. it is truly a life time event. with legends on stage KJY,SPB,HARIJI,CHITRA,UMA RAMANAN, DEEPAN CHAKRAVARTHy, Karthik, haricharan and many more!! NAALAI DEIVATHIRRKU THIRUVIZHAA. KONDAADUVOM

K
28th December 2011, 10:31 AM
From Subhashree's facebook

strength and will power...murugan kuduppaan. blessings you all give, best wishes, friends shall shower. This is my dream come true show. 35 songs, each one a masterpiece. December 28 is mot just my day...its our day!!
SALUTES TO THE MAESTRO. naalai enadhe.

kameshratnam
28th December 2011, 12:42 PM
thanks vasuki bhaskar for this LATEST VIDEO WOW WOW WOW
http://yfrog.com/5hrr7z

raja_fan
28th December 2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.whispersintamilnadu.com/

Following the exit of Anuradha, the Jaya TV administration is now like a headless chicken. Insiders say the much touted Ilayaraja’s live in concert is the most disorganized program. Though Jaya TV had erected hoardings throughout the city and announced that tickets can be booked online, Ilayaraja fans who tried to book tickets online found to their dismay that ticket booking is closed. The Nehru Indoor Stadium has a capacity of around 40 thousand. But the Jaya TV administration was found fumbling in the distribution of tickets and two days ahead of the program, even Jaya TV staff were unable to place their hands on tickets. So where did the tickets go?

San_K
28th December 2011, 03:17 PM
The stadium has only 10000+ seats capacity, AFAIK. More than anything THANE cyclone and fog are the worry factors now for me.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th December 2011, 05:43 PM
nobody posting from stadium?!?

raajarasigan
28th December 2011, 05:47 PM
plis to give running kometry...

Plum
28th December 2011, 06:35 PM
Rajarammsgi - that's a fair point. SJ might have been exaggerating - infact, ny wife who has watching with me(and is not an IR fan like us) immediately asked "why is she maaroing self dabba like this? Does she want to boast about making Raja bend to her?". But I somehow felt if there is one person for whom IR would do that, it is SJ. Sort of she is IR's Kannadasan(what he was to MSV) I feel...

RR
28th December 2011, 09:08 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/383681_299413583434741_102588106450624_939935_2086 511419_n.jpg

sort of live updates here: https://twitter.com/#!/600024

K
28th December 2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.facebook.com/600024dotcom?sk=wall

baroque
28th December 2011, 09:49 PM
wow! wonderful.

thanks RR & Kamesh! பவா உக்காந்துண்டு இருக்கா ! Hey , பவா! :)

Whole yesterday, I was thinking about the show, while enjoying the nature hiking in my neighborhood area with Indian cinema music composer's serene moods.....:musicsmile: appadiye, santhoshmaa sitar, sax, violin , guitar sounds with emotive lyrics, enchanting voices of Lata, Rafi, Bala, KJY, Janumma..

You are always with us!:ty:

ellorum jollyaa enjoy pannunga!

Vinatha.

PARAMASHIVAN
28th December 2011, 09:58 PM
Ilayaraja's medical miracle

A Tamil couple living in Germany thanked maestro Ilayaraja, which also left the music director stunned, for the great medical miracle that he performed unwittingly. The incident was reported in a well-known magazine recently. Well, it seems that a few months ago the young couple was told by the doctors in Germany

Ilayaraja
that the child in the mother's womb showed no movement. The worried couple went back home and turned on their music set to listen to Ilayaraja's Thiruvasagam. Surprisingly, the lady started to feel the baby kicking. They repeated the music many times and felt the same result. The doctors were also surprised when the lady delivered the baby a few months later through normal labor.

As a token of gratitude, the couple recently visited the maestro to pay respects and express their gratefulness

naarayanan
28th December 2011, 10:22 PM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9627-Endrendrum-Raja-Live-in-Concert-28.12.2011-Nehru-Stadium-Chennai