PDA

View Full Version : MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

sloshed
4th December 2010, 03:51 AM
Irir

You maybe be right in your assessment about being submissive. Many first time directors who go to IR for their music very much fall into this abyss and unable to get out. I was watching a youtube on "Mayil Recording", you could see the director as just another puppet.
Though we can sit here and do character assassination about their strong personality to get what they want, I could also feel the opposite. If you and I were to go to IR for a movie, I dont know if I will be able to overcome the grandiose state of euphoria on even sitting next to him. The music which fed one's soul for all these years and here is the man who made those things possible. The sheer moment is overwhelming. Though we may not even agree on the synth orchestration he does in most of his songs, do you think anyone will ever tell him that face to face. The irony is IR expects you to tell him what you want from him and he tries to exactly give you that. You can always swtich the arguement that given IR's recent outburts they just dont want to press the wrong button.

I am happy for Myshkin, even though he was subservient in his meeting with IR, he still got what he wanted even to the extent of cutting most of the songs, which is unheard off. Such people are far and few. Every other day , some random guy gets IR as his first movie MD and he goes to the press and starts gaga'ing. The output is dismal.

kameshratnam
4th December 2010, 11:58 AM
Its sad to see IR's so called fans longing for compliments from X Y Z for IR's music

IR is a musical genius. Avaruku edu ellam thoosi ku samam.

IR needs a platform to be recognized by the international music fraternity.

crvenky
4th December 2010, 12:43 PM
Caught a glimpse of some upcoming program in Zee Tamil - IR's visit/pooja in some Swami's samadhi. Will post the details when I catch the advt again.

crvenky
5th December 2010, 05:23 PM
It looks like an advt for teleserial on Saint Mayamma's life. Maestro is her staunch devotee.

AravindMano
5th December 2010, 07:46 PM
No white dress here, looks like silk saree (http://entertainment.in.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=4654135&page=3)

http://stbjp.msn.com/i/17/D6E7384A9C4D63AFA3D3E22616952.jpg

:lol:

sAlvai dhAn. A clipping shown in Vijay TV seem to give the impression that he is not wearing a shirt and covering up with the sAlvai :shock:

app_engine
7th December 2010, 01:51 AM
[tscii:da6b7864f4]
A report on Thalaivar's speech at Kalaingar's Ilaiyngan isai veLiyeedu. The tidbit about Ilaiyaraaja will interest the usual suspects :-)

http://onlysuperstar.com/?p=9528

That titbit is this :

‘சந்திரமுகி’ படம் உருவானப்போ, அதுல இளையராஜா மியூசிக் போட்டா நல்லா இருக்குமுன்னு யோசிச்சேன். ஏன்னா அது மியூசிக்கல் சப்ஜெக்ட். ஆனா டிஷ்கசன்ல அதுபற்றி பேசாம போயிட்டேன். அதுக்கு பிறகு ஞாபகம் வந்து இளையராஜாவ போடுங்கன்னு சொன்னப்போ வித்யாசாகரை போட்டுட்டதா சொன்னாங்க. அவரு நல்ல பண்ணுவார்னு சொன்னாங்க. சொன்ன மாதிரியே பண்ணினார்.

[/tscii:da6b7864f4]

jaiganes
7th December 2010, 07:07 AM
[tscii:e6d4c639f4]
A report on Thalaivar's speech at Kalaingar's Ilaiyngan isai veLiyeedu. The tidbit about Ilaiyaraaja will interest the usual suspects :-)

http://onlysuperstar.com/?p=9528

That titbit is this :

‘சந்திரமுகி’ படம் உருவானப்போ, அதுல இளையராஜா மியூசிக் போட்டா நல்லா இருக்குமுன்னு யோசிச்சேன். ஏன்னா அது மியூசிக்கல் சப்ஜெக்ட். ஆனா டிஷ்கசன்ல அதுபற்றி பேசாம போயிட்டேன். அதுக்கு பிறகு ஞாபகம் வந்து இளையராஜாவ போடுங்கன்னு சொன்னப்போ வித்யாசாகரை போட்டுட்டதா சொன்னாங்க. அவரு நல்ல பண்ணுவார்னு சொன்னாங்க. சொன்ன மாதிரியே பண்ணினார்.

[/tscii:e6d4c639f4]
Oho appdiyaa?
Naanga kaelvi patta varaikkum..
Shivaji films approach IR for moonmoonji and IR says - idhukkellaam Vidhyasaagare podhum and rest is geography..
idhukkum ippo abaara natchathram solli irukaradhukkum nallave tally aavudhuba.
Usual suspectsnaa summaava?
gumthalakadi gummaava?
Keyser Soze mannippaaraga.

raja_fan
7th December 2010, 08:49 AM
[tscii:b75d1091fc]
// சந்திரமுகி’ படம் உருவானப்போ, அதுல இளையராஜா மியூசிக் போட்டா நல்லா இருக்குமுன்னு யோசிச்சேன். ஏன்னா அது மியூசிக்கல் சப்ஜெக்ட். ஆனா டிஷ்கசன்ல அதுபற்றி பேசாம போயிட்டேன். அதுக்கு பிறகு ஞாபகம் வந்து இளையராஜாவ போடுங்கன்னு சொன்னப்போ வித்யாசாகரை போட்டுட்டதா சொன்னாங்க. அவரு நல்ல பண்ணுவார்னு சொன்னாங்க. சொன்ன மாதிரியே பண்ணினார்.

//

Very good Mr.Superstar !
Do you want people to believe this ? Music was not taken up in film discussion ???
You spoiled a classic film "Manichithra thaazh" by remaking it in Tamil as a cheap comedy ! and you dare to call it a "musical subject" !

[/tscii:b75d1091fc]

irir123
7th December 2010, 08:51 AM
avlo gyabaga maradhiya ivarukku ?

what next ? for "xyz" i thought of IR, but, while eating idly for breakfast, it slipped my mind, and somehow Deva got signed!

bringing up that issue at this event,does not help him earn/score any brownie point(s) with IR, and in fact, raises the question as to why he even raised it ?

kameshratnam
7th December 2010, 11:41 AM
For Annamalai : They did ask for IR even though it was for kavithalaya IR suggested Karthik Raja and IR was also busy with symphony..Rajni refused and went to deva - Kadaiya Nijama

Maniratnam went to IR for iruvar but IR Declined Kathaiya Nijama

KB went to IR for kalki and IR asked for huge money and KB declined..Kathaiya Nijama

I dont know why Rajni mentions IR's name everywhere even during Kuselan he did mention his name

We all know Rajni wont go to IR

raagas
7th December 2010, 11:44 AM
For Annamalai : They did ask for IR even though it was for kavithalaya IR suggested Karthik Raja and IR was also busy with symphony..Rajni refused and went to deva - Kadaiya Nijama

KB went to IR for kalki and IR asked for huge money and KB declined..Kathaiya Nijama

I dont know why Rajni mentions IR's name everywhere even during Kuselan he did mention his name

Cant comment on others but as far as i know, Maniratnam did go back to IR twice, for 2 films - Iruvar & Kannathil Mutthamittal. IR refused both the times.

entertainment
7th December 2010, 12:18 PM
Any pointer to IR interview by BR in Directors Meet?

fan_ir
8th December 2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/24689.html

Where is our hero? :roll:

Nerd
8th December 2010, 08:34 PM
bringing up that issue at this event,does not help him earn/score any brownie point(s) with IR
Why should he earn brownie points with IR?

irir123
8th December 2010, 08:48 PM
bringing up that issue at this event,does not help him earn/score any brownie point(s) with IR

pray tell me, what was the purpose of even speaking about something that he 'forgot' to do ?

was it to either send an indirect message to music fans (especially IR fans) in the wake of the 'Nandhalala' wave ?

if that was not the purpose, it was then a very unthoughtful/ unprofessional thing to say - but then SS is renowned for making such meaningless disconnected 'pidhatrals' every now and then - so not surprising

irnet
10th December 2010, 04:31 AM
part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTDC9lhLHOo

part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5HrYKWkZ60

Dir. Vamsi about the story behind his songs!!

Dir Vamsi & Illayaraja combo rocks!!

njv
11th December 2010, 07:24 AM

pray tell me, what was the purpose of even speaking about something that he 'forgot' to do ?

was it to either send an indirect message to music fans (especially IR fans) in the wake of the 'Nandhalala' wave ?

if that was not the purpose, it was then a very unthoughtful/ unprofessional thing to say - but then SS is renowned for making such meaningless disconnected 'pidhatrals' every now and then - so not surprising

SS went to CD release. Vidya Sagar was the MD. He has to praise him. Natural to quote IR.

As an IR fan, I am glad that SS still has respect for IR.

SS = Super Simple. Dont expect double/triple meaning. He is Super Straight.

njv
11th December 2010, 07:25 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/24689.html

Where is our hero? :roll:

Its really funny. It was a good/hit movie, just like many other movie that came during that "golden" period. Not sure why they need to celebrate this.

You want IR for this!

njv
11th December 2010, 07:28 AM

Cant comment on others but as far as i know, Maniratnam did go back to IR twice, for 2 films - Iruvar & Kannathil Mutthamittal. IR refused both the times.

Yes, I read this in MR's interview in Vikatan/Kumudam some years back. Both are "so tamil specific" that he didnt need ARR (cant market in NI) and went to IR and IR F'ked him.

I respect IR here.

tvsankar
11th December 2010, 06:45 PM
http://rajamanjari.blogspot.com/

very nice writing...............

Sureshs65
12th December 2010, 12:03 PM
Today Director Manivannan came as the chief guest in Jaya TV's ragamalika. The competition had a special on 'Mohan-Illayaraja' combination. (Last week it was Kamal-Illayaraja). a couple of interesting observations by Manivannan.

1. A contestant sang the 'padavandadhor' song from 'Ilamai Kalangal'. Manivannan said that the movie was supposed to be directed by someone else but due to various reasons he couldn't do it. Then the producer asked Manivannan to make the movie. He gave Manivannan the tape containing the seven songs of the movie and told him to come up with a story around it. That is how 'Ilamai Kalangal' was born.

2. Contrary to what we think, Raja does seem to have given some amount of 'selection rights' to the directors. Manivannan said that he would generally land up in most of the song recordings those days. If Raja tuned something and found that the director was not convinced, he would write the notation in a paper and give it to his assistant Sundarrajan. Manivannan would observe this and tell Raja that on this particular day you have tuned this and given the 'paper' to Sudarrajan. Can you please give that tune for my movie. Raja would then embellish that tune and it would become a major hit.

This show will continue next week as well with Manivannan as the chief guest. Hopefully we will get some more nuggets from him.

app_engine
12th December 2010, 08:19 PM
1. A contestant sang the 'padavandadhor' song from 'Ilamai Kalangal'. Manivannan said that the movie was supposed to be directed by someone else but due to various reasons he couldn't do it. Then the producer asked Manivannan to make the movie. He gave Manivannan the tape containing the seven songs of the movie and told him to come up with a story around it. That is how 'Ilamai Kalangal' was born.

I've posted this info in the hub before -more than once - and am glad to be authenticated by Manivannan :-)

That "someone else" was none other than R Sundarrajan, who did payaNangaL mudivathillai prior to IK for motherland pictures. IIRC, the initially released LP record had the name of RS as director :-)

Sureshs65
12th December 2010, 09:31 PM
app_eng,

How can you be wrong? :) You are one of the good historians of those 80s. I mean you are one of the few who knows details about the producers/production house etc. Most people stop at hero / heroines and director.

I thought it must have been someone whom Manivannan knew because Manivannan said that he spoke to the concerned director and got his approval for going ahead with directing the film. Manivannan also said that everyone was thrilled during the shooting of 'Payanangal Mudivadhillai' since one of Bharathiraja's assistant, Sundarrajan, had got the chance to direct a film. So everyone who was Bharatiraja's assistant during that time worked as assistants to Sundarrajan in this film, it seems.

thumburu
13th December 2010, 04:31 PM
Today Director Manivannan came as the chief guest in Jaya TV's ragamalika. The competition had a special on 'Mohan-Illayaraja' combination. (Last week it was Kamal-Illayaraja). a couple of interesting observations by Manivannan.

2. Contrary to what we think, Raja does seem to have given some amount of 'selection rights' to the directors. Manivannan said that he would generally land up in most of the song recordings those days. If Raja tuned something and found that the director was not convinced, he would write the notation in a paper and give it to his assistant Sundarrajan. Manivannan would observe this and tell Raja that on this particular day you have tuned this and given the 'paper' to Sudarrajan. Can you please give that tune for my movie. Raja would then embellish that tune and it would become a major hit.

This show will continue next week as well with Manivannan as the chief guest. Hopefully we will get some more nuggets from him.
Suresh, Thanks a lot for updating . I missed it this time. Even last week's "Hariyudan naan" had excellent 80's round with only Raja's compositions

Sureshs65
13th December 2010, 06:47 PM
thumburu,

The episode continues next week as well. So you can catch that next time. The same Mohan-Raja combination with Manivannan as the chief guest.

app_engine
13th December 2010, 11:57 PM
There was a non-released movie with the title "இளையராஜாவின் ரசிகை" :-) I'm reminded of that when I stumbled upon this blog (http://ananthi5.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-post.html)

பொதுவா, புதுப்பேனா வாங்கும்போது ஏதாவது கிறுக்கி பார்த்தோ, நம்ம பேரை எழுதிபார்த்தோ செக் பண்ணிப்போம்.. ஆனால், நான் "இளையராஜா "பெயரை எழுதி பார்த்து என் அப்பாகிட்டே தலையில் செம "குட்டு" வாங்கி இருக்கேன்...
அப்புறம்..கடைசியில் ஒன்னு சொல்லணும் நான்..அதாவது..எனக்கு ...இளையராஜா பிடிக்கும்...அப்புறம் இளையராஜா பிடிக்கும் .....மேலும் இளையராஜா பிடிக்கும் ...மற்றும் இளையராஜா பிடிக்கும்...:))))))))

Interestingly - rather, expectedly - she's also smart :-) The comments section has some interesting discussion and a sample :

என் அன்பு தோழா..நாம எதுக்கு அவரோட பர்சனல் வாழ்க்கைய பார்க்கணும்...அவர் திமிரா இருப்பதால் நமக்கு என்ன குடிமுழுகி போக போகுது...ஒரு அற்புதமான படைப்பாளன் அவரோட இயல்பிலும் பக்காவா இருக்கணும் அப்டிங்கிறது என்ன கட்டாய விதியா..அவரோட attitude
அவரோட படைப்பை ரசிக்க என்னை இடைஞ்சல் படுத்தவே இல்ல கூர்மதி...எந்த இளையராஜா ரசிகர்களையும் அதை எல்லாம் யோசிக்கவும் வைக்காது...ஒரு படைப்பாளியின் கர்வம் அவரோட சொந்த விஷயம்...நான் அவரின் அழகான படைப்புக்கு மட்டுமே தீவிர விசிறி..அவர் சொந்த வாழ்க்கை பற்றி எனக்குஎந்த யோசனை தேவையும் இல்லை...சரிங்களா அன்பு தோழா...:)))

:clap:

Sureshs65
14th December 2010, 11:14 AM
app_eng,

Wow. Excellent comment. Someone whom we need in this forum whenever the unnecessary fights crop up :)

Plum
14th December 2010, 01:13 PM
iLayarajavin rasigai - wasnt it a controversial movie which kind of IR felt defamed him and filed a court case and all?

thumburu
14th December 2010, 01:39 PM
Suresh, yes, I will remember to watch Ragamalika this sunday. "Ilaiyarajavin Rasigai" did not release but it had wonderful songs like maalai chevaanam","engaathu paiyyan ivan" which were made popular by "Ilangai vanoli" during early 80's.

Nerd
15th December 2010, 12:44 AM

He said Vidyasagar gave 'IR level' music for a movie which needed IR. Whats wrong with this? This is similar to Kamal recently saying DSP makes (or will make) IR/MSV level music. And meaningless/disconnected pidhatrals - isnt that a trademark of Raja sir? And dude, they are not orators, to carefully choose words and speak. Comment on their work.

raja_fan
15th December 2010, 07:07 PM
Father Jegath Gasper ( Tamil Maiyam ) has been raided by CBI for 2G Spectrum Scam.

Not sure how much money this guy took from Thiruvasagam's fundings to supply to his political friends and also the Tigers !

Good that IR sensed this fox and distanced himself :)

raja_fan
15th December 2010, 07:09 PM
About Fr Jegath Gasper

http://www.asiantribune.com/index.php?q=node/4959

http://in.news.yahoo.com/2g-scam-cbi-raids-tamil-ngo-close-kanimozhi-20101215-001001-481.html

kanna_82
15th December 2010, 11:45 PM
[tscii:2380b6d1d3]Raja_Fan...boss...donīt bring Tigers in this forum...this is musical...let us be on that platform...I am Eelam tamilan...I read ur message as harsh against me and my dreams...etho ivanuntha kaasai nambithan narngal anga porattam nadathinathu mathiri...pls...hold it on the musical platform...!!![/tscii:2380b6d1d3]

irir123
16th December 2010, 12:52 AM
[tscii:e72327532d]Raja_Fan...boss...donīt bring Tigers in this forum...this is musical...let us be on that platform...I am Eelam tamilan...I read ur message as harsh against me and my dreams...etho ivanuntha kaasai nambithan narngal anga porattam nadathinathu mathiri...pls...hold it on the musical platform...!!![/tscii:e72327532d]

i ditto your thoughts

app_engine
16th December 2010, 01:16 AM
[tscii:68ca8c1a0b]Raja_Fan...boss...donīt bring Tigers in this forum...this is musical...let us be on that platform...I am Eelam tamilan...I read ur message as harsh against me and my dreams...etho ivanuntha kaasai nambithan narngal anga porattam nadathinathu mathiri...pls...hold it on the musical platform...!!![/tscii:68ca8c1a0b]

i ditto your thoughts

+1

kameshratnam
16th December 2010, 03:21 PM
Vairamuthu's interview: Thanks devinth IR group orkut
கே: திரைபாடல்கள் தொகுப்பு என்பதால் கேட்கிறோம், இளையராஜாவை இந்த விழாவிற்கு நீங்கள் அழைப்பீர்களா?

ப: அழைக்காமல் இருக்க மாட்டேன். ஏனென்றால் அவர் வரவேண்டும் என்று ஆசைப்படுகிறேன். இதுவரை யாறோடும் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளாத சம்பவத்தை குமுதத்தில் பதிவு செய்கிறேன்.என் மூத்த மகன் மதன்கார்கி திருமணத்திற்கு இளையராஜாவிற்கு அழைப்பிதழ் தர ஆசைப்பட்டேன். மிகுந்த மனபோராட்டத்திற்கு பிறகு, இளையராஜாவின் மனைவி, சகோதரி ஜீவாவிற்கு தொலைபேசியில் சொல்லிவிட்டு அவர் வீட்டுக்குச் சென்றேன். 24 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு பிறகு அவர் வீட்டுபடியை மிதிக்கிறேன். முறைப்படி அழைப்பிதழ் கொடுத்தேன். திருமணத்திற்கு வரவேண்டும் என்று மனப்பூர்வமாக இருவரையும் கேட்டுக்கொண்டேன்.ஜீவா மட்டும் வந்தார். இளையராஜா வரவில்லை. நான் மிகவும் வாடிப்போனேன். அதனால் கபிலனின் திருமணத்திற்கு அவருக்கு நான் அழைப்பிதழ் அனுப்பவில்லை. ஆனால் ஆயிரம் பாடல்கள் விழாவிற்கு அழைப்பு அனுப்புவேன், ஏனென்றால் என் திரைத்தமிழுக்கு முதலில் இசையமைத்த இசைவாணர் அவர்தான்.அழைப்பிதழ் அனுப்புவேன். வந்தால் மகிழ்வேன். மரியாதையும் செய்வேன்.

raja_fan
16th December 2010, 03:51 PM
[tscii:0d790b916e]

Raja_Fan...boss...donīt bring Tigers in this forum...this is musical...let us be on that platform...I am Eelam tamilan...I read ur message as harsh against me and my dreams...etho ivanuntha kaasai nambithan narngal anga porattam nadathinathu mathiri...pls...hold it on the musical platform...!!!

Ok. I agree that this forum is musical.

But I talked about Tigers. Not about innocent Tamil Eelam people. For God's sake, please don't equate both !

[/tscii:0d790b916e]

nanchil_guy
16th December 2010, 04:36 PM
[tscii:63624f91c2]

Raja_Fan...boss...donīt bring Tigers in this forum...this is musical...let us be on that platform...I am Eelam tamilan...I read ur message as harsh against me and my dreams...etho ivanuntha kaasai nambithan narngal anga porattam nadathinathu mathiri...pls...hold it on the musical platform...!!!

Ok. I agree that this forum is musical.

But I talked about Tigers. Not about innocent Tamil Eelam people. For God's sake, please don't equate both !

[/tscii:63624f91c2]

You just hit the nail on the head!

kanna_82
16th December 2010, 06:37 PM
[tscii:5578fca80a]Raja_Fan

Marupadiyum orukka solluran...pls...leave that topic...ithukkendu ethinaiyo idam irukku, itha pathi elutha...or send me a pm if u really wanna talk and discuss abt this...bcos...r Tigers equal to Tamil Eelam ppl...or not...itha pathi vivaathikka ithu idam, thalam illa...!!!

I donīt know whether u frm Tamil Nadu or Tamil Eelam...but rendu equal illa endurathu ungada karuththu...i am fine with that...we Tamil Eelam ppl know what that is truth...and i donīt think many writers in here want this discussion to be taken place in here...!!!

nanchil_guy

Try to avoid intha punchu dialogs...cos this is very sensitive for many humans like me...!!!
[/tscii:5578fca80a]

Sureshs65
16th December 2010, 08:21 PM
kanna,

Fully agree with you. Let us keep this forum only for music and take the others to the many forums that abound. No need to discuss it here.

Raja_fan and nachil_guy: Hope you guys understand. As Kanna said, this is a sensitive issue. You can always discuss it elsewhere.

app_engine
16th December 2010, 08:39 PM
kanna,

Fully agree with you. Let us keep this forum only for music and take the others to the many forums that abound. No need to discuss it here.

Raja_fan and nachil_guy: Hope you guys understand. As Kanna said, this is a sensitive issue. You can always discuss it elsewhere.

+1

There are threads in the "CURRENT AFFAIRS" forum of our hub where this topic can be discussed.

Let's discuss IR & his music related stuff in this forum.

irir123
17th December 2010, 12:54 AM
[tscii:d982bf34d0]Raja_Fan

Marupadiyum orukka solluran...pls...leave that topic...ithukkendu ethinaiyo idam irukku, itha pathi elutha...or send me a pm if u really wanna talk and discuss abt this...bcos...r Tigers equal to Tamil Eelam ppl...or not...itha pathi vivaathikka ithu idam, thalam illa...!!!

I donīt know whether u frm Tamil Nadu or Tamil Eelam...but rendu equal illa endurathu ungada karuththu...i am fine with that...we Tamil Eelam ppl know what that is truth...and i donīt think many writers in here want this discussion to be taken place in here...!!!

nanchil_guy

Try to avoid intha punchu dialogs...cos this is very sensitive for many humans like me...!!!
[/tscii:d982bf34d0]

Kanna i wholeheartedly support you - one of my sisters-in-law is a sri lankan tamil and through her family, i know what actually happened there and what is still happening now - it is a very very sensitive issue indeed - one of life and death - lets not discuss this here please

rajasaranam
17th December 2010, 11:03 AM
raja_fan,

keep your stinkin political agendas somewhere else. refrain from talking anything else apart from music & Raaja here!

K
17th December 2010, 05:56 PM
Back to Topic

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/12/17-aanpaavam-25th-year-celebration.html

இசைஞானி இளையராஜாதான் இந்தப் படத்தோட ஜீவன். இந்த விழாவுக்கான பத்திரிகையை அவருடைய காலடியில் வைத்தபோது என்னையுமறியாமல் அழுதேன். என் தோளில் தட்டிக் கொடுத்த இசைஞானி, 'யார் உதவியும் இல்லாமல் சினிமாவுக்கு வந்து சாதிச்சவன்யா நீ' என்று அந்த நாள் நினைவுகளை பகிர்ந்துகொண்டார். ராஜா சாரோட அம்மா அவரை சென்னைக்கு அனுப்பிய அந்த நாளையும் அப்போ என்கிட்டே சொன்னார். 'வீட்டில் இருந்த ரேடியோவை 400 ரூபாய்க்கு வித்துதான் எங்கம்மா என்னை அனுப்பினாங்க. அதில ஒரு ஐம்பது ரூபாயை என்னிடம் கொடுத்திட்டு போன்னு கூட கேட்கலை.. அந்த மாதிரி ஆத்மாக்களோட ஆசீர்வாதம்தான் இதெல்லாம்' என்று அவர் சொன்னபோது என்னைக் கட்டுப்படுத்த முடியாமல் அழுதுட்டேன்.... அவரோட அந்த ஈர மனசுதான் இந்தமாதிரி இசைக்கு அடித்தளம்.

kameshratnam
18th December 2010, 04:27 PM
@ Pandiarajan: Amazing films kanni raasi and aan paavam.
He has always held IR in high esteem in many shows he has spoken about IR esp the rerecording for kal.pati singaram's running scene in inru poi nalai vaa

app_engine
21st December 2010, 08:30 PM
BRangan's review of eesan (http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/bullet-point-report-easan/#more-1502)

Speaking of ring tones, the mandatory Ilayaraja homage comes via Ilamayenum poongatru.

app_engine
21st December 2010, 10:02 PM
True or False? (http://tamil.chennaivision.com/?p=564)

இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவுக்கு பழசிராஜா படத்திற்காக சிறந்த பின்னணி இசைக்கான தேசிய விருதை கொடுத்து கவுரவித்தது மத்திய அரசு. ஆனால் அந்த விருதை பெற அவர் நேரில் செல்லவில்லை. கோவா படவிழாவுக்கு அவர் வருவார். அங்கே கொடுத்துவிடலாம் என்று விருதோடு வந்தார்களாம் மத்திய அரசு அதிகாரிகள். ஆனால் அங்கும் செல்லவில்லை அவர். என்ன செய்யலாம் என்று யோசித்த அதிகாரிகள் அந்த விழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்த எழுத்தாளர் ஒருவரிடம் விருதை கொடுத்து இசையமைப்பாளரிடம் கொடுத்துவிடுங்கள் என்றார்களாம்.

சந்தோஷமாக சென்னைக்கு வந்த எழுத்தாளர் தேடிப்பிடித்து இளையராஜாவின் வீட்டுக்கு போனார். கொண்டு வந்த விருதை அவரிடம் கொடுத்தபோது, நீங்கதான் மத்திய அரசா? திருப்பி கொண்டு போய் அவங்ககிட்டவே கொடுத்திருங்க என்றாராம் இளையராஜா. நியாயம்தானே?

venkkiram
22nd December 2010, 01:08 AM

இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவுக்கு பழசிராஜா படத்திற்காக சிறந்த பின்னணி இசைக்கான தேசிய விருதை கொடுத்து கவுரவித்தது மத்திய அரசு. ஆனால் அந்த விருதை பெற அவர் நேரில் செல்லவில்லை. கோவா படவிழாவுக்கு அவர் வருவார். அங்கே கொடுத்துவிடலாம் என்று விருதோடு வந்தார்களாம் மத்திய அரசு அதிகாரிகள். ஆனால் அங்கும் செல்லவில்லை அவர். என்ன செய்யலாம் என்று யோசித்த அதிகாரிகள் அந்த விழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்த எழுத்தாளர் ஒருவரிடம் விருதை கொடுத்து இசையமைப்பாளரிடம் கொடுத்துவிடுங்கள் என்றார்களாம்.

சந்தோஷமாக சென்னைக்கு வந்த எழுத்தாளர் தேடிப்பிடித்து இளையராஜாவின் வீட்டுக்கு போனார். கொண்டு வந்த விருதை அவரிடம் கொடுத்தபோது, நீங்கதான் மத்திய அரசா? திருப்பி கொண்டு போய் அவங்ககிட்டவே கொடுத்திருங்க என்றாராம் இளையராஜா. நியாயம்தானே?

விருதுக்கு தேர்தெடுக்கப்பட்டிருப்பதையொட்டி பத்திரிக்கையாளர்கள் சூழ ராஜா பேட்டி கொடுத்த போது இந்த முறை நேரில் சென்று வாங்குவார் என எண்ணியிருந்த எனக்கு இது ஏமாற்றமே. நல்ல மூடில் தானே ராஜா அன்று பேசினார். மத்திய அரசு எனக்கு விருது வழங்குவதை ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிறேன் என்றெல்லாம் கூறினாரே! என்ன ஆனது இடைப்பட்ட காலத்தில்?

irir123
22nd December 2010, 03:12 AM

விருதுக்கு தேர்தெடுக்கப்பட்டிருப்பதையொட்டி பத்திரிக்கையாளர்கள் சூழ ராஜா பேட்டி கொடுத்த போது இந்த முறை நேரில் சென்று வாங்குவார் என எண்ணியிருந்த எனக்கு இது ஏமாற்றமே. நல்ல மூடில் தானே ராஜா அன்று பேசினார். மத்திய அரசு எனக்கு விருது வழங்குவதை ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிறேன் என்றெல்லாம் கூறினாரே! என்ன ஆனது இடைப்பட்ட காலத்தில்?

arasal purasalaa edho matter nadanthirukku!

either that, or this news is false!

jaiganes
22nd December 2010, 07:32 AM

He also told that Director Hariharan refused to accept any of the Kerala awards citing the rough treatment given to Raaja. I guess Raaja is reciprocating that gesture - or - Raja is miffed at having to share the best MD award with Amit Trivedi or God knows what else. Add this to the "mystery of Raaja " shelf as another unexplained event. As long as the music is coming, I dont care...

V_S
22nd December 2010, 07:35 AM
தமிழ் திரைப்பட இயக்குனர்கள் சங்கம் நடத்தும் மாபெரும் நட்சத்திர கலை விழா, காணத்தவறாதீர்கள்! (please read as it will be announced in sun tv :lol:)

IR attending it. Timing: Saturday and Sunday 5.30 pm. Saw highlights, IR with Bharathiraja on stage.

tvsankar
23rd December 2010, 07:21 PM
http://isaignanibakthan.blogspot.com/

app_engine
23rd December 2010, 11:01 PM
ராசா எப்போ இந்த மொழிபெயர்ப்பு வேலை செய்தாரு? (http://pichaikaaran.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-post_23.html)

:confused2:

crvenky
25th December 2010, 01:20 PM
From The Hindu:

Nambinaal Nambungal
(Zee Tamil, Saturday and Sunday, 9 p.m.)

This week, maestro Ilaiyaraja makes a pilgrimage to the famous Mayamma memorial. Also, watch, the story about the temple dedicated to Yama, the god of death, unfold.

Shankar.P
25th December 2010, 08:33 PM
hi friends, visit this page for 'one man show' video clips

http://www.lakshmansruthi.com/videos/Ilayaraja/ilayaraja.asp

shankar

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th December 2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.rajtamil.com/2010/12/watch-director-40-function-sun-tv-show.html

last 2 episodes has BR and IR konjifying!

BR evlovo paaraatti paathaalum, IR, mhmm, manushan semma grippu! but still, nice :D

vel
28th December 2010, 11:11 AM
a note from raaja (from varalaattru suvadugal) - எனக்கும், பாரதிக்கும் உள்ள நட்பை சொல்லத் தெரியவில்லை. நான் எனது சுயசரிதை எழுத உட்கார்ந்தேன். எழுத எழுத பாரதிராஜாவைப் பற்றித்தான் நிறைய எழுதிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன். அப்புறம்தான் தெரிந்தது, பாரதி இல்லாமல் நான் இல்லை, நான் இல்லாமல் பாரதி இல்லை. எனது வாழ்க்கையில் அவரும் ஒரு அங்கமாகவே இருந்து வந்திருக்கிறார் என்பதை அப்போதுதான் உணர்ந்தேன்

Fliflo
29th December 2010, 12:27 AM
[tscii:538fc85bbd]http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/december/271210.asp

சரி, நான் ஒன்று சொல்கிறேன். மிஷ்கின் ஒருமுறை சொன்னது அல்ல; நூறு முறை சொன்னது. அதுவும் என்னிடம் தனியாகச் சொன்னது அல்ல. மனுஷ்ய புத்திரன் போன்ற நண்பர்களின் முன்னால் சொன்னது. கமலோடு அவர் ஒரு படம் பண்ணுவதாக இருந்தது அல்லவா? அது பப்படமாகப் போய் விட்டதற்கு மிஷ்கின் சொன்ன காரணம், இந்த உலகத்திலேயே அபாசமானதும் அருவருப்பானதும் ஆகும். அதை நான் வெளியே சொன்னால், மிஷ்கின் சினிமா உலகத்திலிருந்து அல்ல; தமிழ்நாட்டிலிருந்தே துரத்தப்படுவார். அவ்வளவு ஆபாசமான காமெண்ட் அது. அதே காமெண்ட்டை அவர் பல முறை பல நண்பர்களின் எதிரில் சொல்வதைக் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். அடுத்து இளையராஜா. என் எழுத்தைப் படித்தவர்களுக்குத் தெரியும். கமலையும் இளையராஜாவயும் பற்றி எவ்வளவோ விமர்சித்து இருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் அதைப் போல் பத்து இருபது மடங்கு என்னிடம் அவர்களைப் பற்றி விமர்சித்தவர் மிஷ்கின். இளையராஜாவை இவர் பார்க்கப் போனாராம். மூன்று மணி நேரம் பேசிக் கொண்டிருந்தாராம். தண்ணீர் தாகம் தாங்க முடியாமல் இளையராஜா குடித்துக் கொண்டிருந்த தண்ணீர் பாட்டிலைக் கேட்ட போது ”இது என் தண்ணீர்” என்று சொல்லி இளையராஜா பாட்டிலைக் கொடுக்க மறுத்து விட்டாராம். இதுபோல் ஒரு ஆயிரம் விஷயங்கள். அதையெல்லாம் சொல்லி நான் இளையராஜாவையோ கமலையோ அசிங்கப்படுத்த மாட்டேன். உண்மை எனக்கு இப்போதுதான் புரிகிறது. வீட்டுக்கு வந்த நபருக்கு மூன்று மணி நேரம் தண்ணீர் கூடக் கொடுக்காமல், தண்ணீர் கேட்ட போதும் மறுக்கின்ற ஒருவராக இளையராஜாவைப் பற்றி மிஷ்கின் சித்தரித்தது பொய் என்று இப்போதுதான் எனக்குப் புரிகிறது. :lol:

[/tscii:538fc85bbd]

Tamilan
29th December 2010, 12:38 AM
marai kalanda case :lol:

MumbaiRamki
29th December 2010, 05:34 PM
Fliflo,

Charu has no consistency in what he writes ! I never believe him. He is a information dustbin - its full , but trash !

MumbaiRamki
29th December 2010, 05:44 PM
Watch charu, the comedian..

Part 1
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1539

Part 2
http://charuonline.com/blog/?p=1541

crvenky
29th December 2010, 07:33 PM
Madurai GS Mani about the Maestro:

"Illayaraja is one of the most intelligent composers I have ever seen and his background scores always have logic in them which is a lesson for the present lot to learn from”.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chennai/cheap-film-music-ruined-taste-805

raagas
29th December 2010, 07:35 PM
Fliflo,

Charu has no consistency in what he writes ! I never believe him. He is a information dustbin - its full , but trash !

I dont know what Charu writes. But i understand, from the posts here usually, that what he writes is perhaps unacceptable. But i fail to understand why is he a topic here then? In short, if he is an information dustbin, why is he here?

Fliflo
29th December 2010, 08:23 PM
MR,

Charu's words are Koovam with no Dam. He smells us from a mile away.

raagas

Had he not talked about IR his name would not be here. "Water Bottle" story is interesting though! :lol:

kr
29th December 2010, 09:51 PM
This story is unimaginable. A few years back, I had the opportunity to visit IR at his house with my family as a fan, and he was more than generous in offering all of us fruit juice. That for a casula fan visit. I find it hard to believe that he wouldnt offer water to someone who asks for it.

MumbaiRamki
30th December 2010, 07:20 AM
Fliflo,

I dont know what Charu writes. But i understand, from the posts here usually, that what he writes is perhaps unacceptable. But i fail to understand why is he a topic here then? In short, if he is an information dustbin, why is he here?

Raagas, you are right . Sometimes , i get so angry with his posts on IR , that it spills out here :)

Its not any article on IR has an reaction like this , but illogical , out of context , inconsistent writings like this !

ramk1
30th December 2010, 08:41 AM
Even for the recent IR-BR conversation, the media reported as if IR was very stiff and IR did not even turn to BR side etc. But in the interview, IR was at his pleasing best. He even praised Rajni and Vijay. I dunno why the media throws these anti IR messages or news quite often.

vel
30th December 2010, 04:31 PM
This story is unimaginable. A few years back, I had the opportunity to visit IR at his house with my family as a fan, and he was more than generous in offering all of us fruit juice. That for a casula fan visit. I find it hard to believe that he wouldnt offer water to someone who asks for it.

:slurp: :exactly:

A friend of mine was offered mango juice and IR told,"mudhalla juice saapidunga, appuram pesuvom.."

He said IR waited patiently till my friend gulped it down !

No body will buy this idiot's stories anymore. Thank god i stopped reading his crappy articles...

MumbaiRamki
30th December 2010, 05:21 PM
vel ,
Thinking again - charu says that Mysskin had said so . So ippa yaaru idiot nu enakku kuzappam varudhu :)

Tamilan
30th December 2010, 07:39 PM
vel ,
Thinking again - charu says that Mysskin had said so . So ippa yaaru idiot nu enakku kuzappam varudhu :)

Chaaru yEn oru periya lier + story writer aaga irukka koodathu

kanna_82
30th December 2010, 08:01 PM
[tscii:506209473e]what will the next story be???

...narn thanni kudichchu kondu irunthan...Ilaiyaraja parichchu kudichchar...

Oh my god...pls let us agree on one thing...donīt post such a bullshit stories...its only getting charu more attention...he is like a child who want more and more attention and for that he will do what ever it takes...stupid writer...!!![/tscii:506209473e]

ravi_737
30th December 2010, 09:01 PM
Guys,

Just noticed in todays Hindu Nxg supplement..

on page three Box office sizzlers ... the top five hindi movies ixpected in 2011 has listed Ra. One and the music as Thiru Ilayaraaja... :) !

http://www.go-nxg.com/?p=9363

venkkiram
30th December 2010, 09:26 PM
Guys,

on page three Box office sizzlers ... the top five hindi movies ixpected in 2011 has listed Ra. One and the music as Thiru Ilayaraaja... :) !

This page says "Special features: Singer Akon is composing and singing a song in this film." for Ra movie. Is that true? Very first movie where IR collaborates with Western Pop Singer?

MumbaiRamki
30th December 2010, 10:11 PM
Vishal =shekar have clearly told in twitter that they r doing for ra .1

raj_musing
30th December 2010, 10:52 PM
Sathyan anthikad again with Raja and the movie is expected to hit theatres by Aug-Sep 2011. Though the cast is not fully finalised,there is no doubt whatsover from the music section.

So one confirmed movie for raja in this industry next year..

http://thatsmalayalam.oneindia.in/movies/news/2010/12/30-sathyan-anthikkad-new-film-to-have-mohanlal.html

rooky
31st December 2010, 12:01 PM
Guys,

This page says "Special features: Singer Akon is composing and singing a song in this film." for Ra movie. Is that true? Very first movie where IR collaborates with Western Pop Singer?

MD for Ra.one is one of the mysteries, yet to be cleared. Lot of MDs linked to this movie and IR also figures there.

But, as a fact, there is no MD "officially" declared by the production team or the director and hence it still remains a mystery. as quoted here, V-S had tweeted they are the MDs, but it is not from the producers yet. But let us think, IR is not associated for NOW.

Tamilan
31st December 2010, 12:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra.One

it says about three MDs including Ilaiyaraaja

ajaybaskar
31st December 2010, 12:58 PM
Guys,

One request. Where can i buy thiruvasagam cd online?

krish244
31st December 2010, 04:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra.One

it says about three MDs including Ilaiyaraaja

Guys,

I dont think IR is part of this project. The initial misinformation published at some website somehow has been carried forward to all news websites and no one has cared to verify the same. The same has been updated to wikipedia as well. There is no mention of IR in the whole article though (It looks like even Hans Zimmer is not part of the project)

thanks,

Krishnan

jaiganes
31st December 2010, 07:28 PM
Guys,

if you are not particular about CD, you can get it from iTunes released there by Agi Music and then burn it in your Disc. thats what I did.. this year.

rajkumarc
31st December 2010, 11:24 PM
Guys,

I bought NBW and HTI from agimusic (http://saayee.com). They shipped to me to the US. I think they ship to India too. You may want to check their website.

ajaybaskar
3rd January 2011, 04:02 PM
Thank u JG and Raj.. :D

arunprakash
3rd January 2011, 10:25 PM
what about films mayilu and azhagarsamiyin kuthirai

MumbaiRamki
4th January 2011, 01:44 PM
Mayilu - Pls visit the Guindy National park . There is one good one .

AK - May be in marina beach . :)

arunprakash
4th January 2011, 09:54 PM
bale .good one

Sureshs65
5th January 2011, 07:05 PM
Good news for those looking for India 24 hrs and Music Messiah CDs. They have now been released by Agi Music and are currently available in shops here. I already have Music Messiah with me. Bought India 24hrs CD today in Bangalore. I think Agi Music will also get other CDs out in the market soon. The cost at Rs.249, is a bit high compared to the current rates but I am not complaining. Good quality Raja music is ofcourse worth far more.

San_K
5th January 2011, 07:07 PM
Good news for those looking for India 24 hrs and Music Messiah CDs. They have now been released by Agi Music and are currently available in shops here. I already have Music Messiah with me. Bought India 24hrs CD today in Bangalore. I think Agi Music will also get other CDs out in the market soon. The cost at Rs.249, is a bit high compared to the current rates but I am not complaining. Good quality Raja music is ofcourse worth far more.

Yes, I too saw Music Messiah CD by AgiMusic at Chennai shops but the price is somewhat not attractive :(

thumburu
5th January 2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.rajtamil.com/2010/12/watch-director-40-function-sun-tv-show.html

last 2 episodes has BR and IR konjifying!

BR evlovo paaraatti paathaalum, IR, mhmm, manushan semma grippu! but still, nice :D

Thank you very much for the link SKV :)
So it requires a BR to transport our Raja to his long lost innocence [Boyhood, I mean]. Nanbenda!!! Nice to imagine Raja in his youth wearing all those designer outfits that could send a pang of envy among the Theni guys of yore . Contrast with the neo spiritual veshti wonly RaajaRishi :)). I do love that youthful exuberance which showed in his musical putburst of creativity in the prespiritual era over his formulaic , precise works post 86.

ஆனாலும் ரெம்ப குசும்பு தான் மனுஷன் :) When the whole world is tossing with the million $ question of what next after Enthiran , our man without batting an eyelid packs the superstar towards direction.
இது KSRavikumar வயத்துல புளிய கரச்சி இருக்கும். பின்ன how can he piggyback his future with superstar ??
அடுத்த வேட்டு FLOPS in a row thandha Vijaikku . Avar மூஞ்ஞிலயும் ee aadalaiye paakalaam :))

kameshratnam
6th January 2011, 10:42 AM
PONNAR SANKAR MUSIC BY IR

Check this video
NA muthukumar has written lyrics for music by IR

Thanks for TCC Orkut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF08c3IGugg&feature=player_embedded

kameshratnam
6th January 2011, 10:46 AM
Yes music is by IR for Ponnar shankar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponnar_Shankar

MumbaiRamki
6th January 2011, 02:10 PM
Yes music is by IR for Ponnar shankar

They shot at Valluvar kottam ! :roll: :shock:

Reminds of the other Kalaignar movie ( uliyin oosai). I have never seen such a poor production values - cha !

raajarasigan
6th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Good news for those looking for India 24 hrs and Music Messiah CDs. They have now been released by Agi Music and are currently available in shops here. I already have Music Messiah with me. Bought India 24hrs CD today in Bangalore. I think Agi Music will also get other CDs out in the market soon. The cost at Rs.249, is a bit high compared to the current rates but I am not complaining. Good quality Raja music is ofcourse worth far more.I already had Music Messiah CD. India 24 hours :cool2: will buy this.

Suresh,

Thanks for sharing this!! Looking forward for your review on India 24 Hrs :D

raajarasigan
6th January 2011, 04:39 PM
:oops: just saw your review in New Albums thread :)

jaiganes
6th January 2011, 06:08 PM

Check this video

Thanks for TCC Orkut

wasnt it supposed to be by ARR?

Fliflo
6th January 2011, 09:23 PM

It says Ponnar Sankar is by IR

V_S
7th January 2011, 12:43 AM

Check this video

Thanks for TCC Orkut

:ty: That's really a great news! I was expecting IR when this movie was launched, but they had not mentioned the MD at that time, should be a great treat. :cool2:

app_engine
7th January 2011, 12:57 AM
mu-kA kadhai vachanam / PirasAnth in double roles with his appA direction etc

What's there to be excited about this project?

Except that IR will get +1 in count and possibly a couple of above-average numbers that are sweet to listen but murdered on screen?

kameshratnam
7th January 2011, 12:08 PM
Prasanth and IR combo has rocked always..even for a dud film like enga thambi IR gave superb numbers

Lets hope he gives another pazhassi raja through this

MumbaiRamki
7th January 2011, 02:09 PM
mu-kA kadhai vachanam / PirasAnth in double roles with his appA direction etc

What's there to be excited about this project?

Except that IR will get +1 in count and possibly a couple of above-average numbers that are sweet to listen but murdered on screen?

I think it will be better than Uliyin oosai . Thiyagarajan is a decent director and prasanth will fit into roles that are not subtle well ....

Sureshs65
7th January 2011, 06:08 PM
app_eng,

I will probably go with you. I don't have too much hope on this film. I think Kamesh is being too optimistic about this becoming a 'Pazhassi Raja'.

kameshratnam
8th January 2011, 07:43 AM
IR is will score and compose music for a new film called "maruthaani vasam"
The director of the film was an asst director to fazil

tvsankar
8th January 2011, 04:19 PM
http://www.lakshmansruthi.com/news/jan2011/Krishnachandran-Past-present-and-future.asp

V_S
9th January 2011, 09:04 AM
Sathyan Anthikkad has named (very early) his new movie starring Mohanlal as 'Jeevitha Sagaram'.
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/62916.html

Can't wait to hear Maestro's Malayalam offer.

Sureshs65
9th January 2011, 11:42 AM
Not sure if someone posted this earlier. Ravi Natrajan has started a new series on poly rhythms. The first is an introductory article. I guess the coming articles in the series will feature poly rhythms with Raja songs as an example. So read this post (a bit technical on rhythm) and keep tab of this blog:

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/2011/01/introduction-to-polyrhythms.html

venkkiram
10th January 2011, 07:07 AM
Rediff தளத்தில், லதா மங்கேஷ்கர் தனக்கு பிடித்த இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் வரிசையில் ராஜா பெயரை குறிப்பிடவில்லை. சில செய்திகளை படிக்கும் போது ஏன்? ஏன்? போன்ற வினாக்களே தொங்கி நிற்கிறது.

jaiganes
10th January 2011, 08:29 AM
Not sure if someone posted this earlier. Ravi Natrajan has started a new series on poly rhythms. The first is an introductory article. I guess the coming articles in the series will feature poly rhythms with Raja songs as an example. So read this post (a bit technical on rhythm) and keep tab of this blog:

http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/2011/01/introduction-to-polyrhythms.html

One song that amazes me with the rhythm employment is "Vanamellaam Shenbagappoo". When i was in school, I used to play the base tabla rhythm on whichever surface that had any structural strength to speak of. On recent listen I observed that in addition to the usual culprits of Tabla, Melam and dolak, there is one more rhytm instrument that plays in a beat so as to interlace in the gap left by rest of the rhythms - This is one song which I thought I knew from start to finish, but boy was I amazed or what. This rhythm I discovered, is not from a regular "nice" sounding traditional rhythm instrument,It had a distinct "clanging" sound and I felt really good in this discovery.
I wonder what other "discoveries" will dawn on me this year...

tvsankar
10th January 2011, 02:25 PM
Jaiganes,
Singer yarnu nu sollalaiyae..........

rajasaranam
10th January 2011, 05:14 PM
இப்பதான் எல்லாம் கூடி வந்து அவரு சீரியலுக்கு எல்லாம் டைட்டில் பாட்டு போட்டு கொடுத்தாரு அதுக்குள்ள முட்டிகிச்சா? ஹம்ம்ம்.. தலைக்கும் சும்மா இருக்க முடியல போல :(
http://nermai-endrum.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-post_5705.html

'இயக்குநர்கள் சங்க 40-வது ஆண்டு விழா மேடையில் உங்களுக்கும் இளையராஜாவுக்கும் கருத்து மோதல் நடந்ததே... என்ன பிரச்னை?''

''வளர்ச்சி. வளர்ச்சிதான் காரணம். நான் இன்னிக்கு வரைக்கும் வளர்ந்ததா நினைக்கவே இல்லை. என் மண்ணும் வாசமும் என்கிட்ட அப்படியே இருக்கு. அவன் வளர்ந்துட்டதா நினைச்சி, உடம்புக்குப் போர்வை போர்த்திக்கலாமா? முகத்துக்குக் கண்ணாடி போட்டா, முழு முகமும் மறைஞ்சிடுறது இல்ல. நான் நிதர்சனமானவன். இது ஜனங்களுக்கும் தெரியும். நீ யார் என்பதை ஜனங்களிடம் சொல்வதில் என்ன இருக்கிறது? நீ பட்ட கஷ்டம் மற்றவர்களுக்குப் பாடமாக, ஊக்கமாக இருக்கும். அதைவிட்டுட்டு, நான் புருஷாத்தமம் பண்ண விரும்பலைனு சொன்னா எப்படி?''

rajasaranam
10th January 2011, 05:25 PM
[tscii:0e3625bdd6]நேற்றைய ஞாநியின் கேணி கூட்டத்தில் பாஸ்கர் சக்தியை சந்தித்தேன். அவரிடம் 'அழகர்சாமியின் குதிரை' பற்றி கேட்ட பொழுது இன்னும் பத்து நாள் படபிடிப்பு உள்ளது எனவும் அடுத்த மாதம் வெளி வரலாம் என்றும் கூறினார்.
மேலும் சிம்போனி ஆர்கெஸ்ட்ரா கேட்டு ராஜா அடம பிடிப்பதாக ஒரு வதந்தி உலா வந்ததே என்று கேட்ட பொழுது பாஸ்கர் சக்தி ஆச்சரிய பட்டார்! அதானே படமே முடியாத பொழுது பின்னணி இசை பற்றி பேச்சே எழுந்து இருக்காதே. :D இந்த வதந்தீ பரப்புபவர்கள்... ஒரு குரூப்பாதேன் அலையுறாங்கே... ரூம்பு போட்டு யோசிபாய்ங்களோ :evil:

மேலும் படித்துறை பற்றி இங்கு (http://www.writerpara.com/paper/?p=1886) பா.ரா. தகவல் தருகிறார்.

‘படித்துறை’ இயக்குநர் சுகா இருந்தார். படம் அடுத்த மாதம் ரிலீஸ் என்று சொன்னார்.

அடுத்தடுத்து ரெண்டு நல்ல படங்கள் ராஜாவுக்கு. குட் :) [/tscii:0e3625bdd6]

Plum
10th January 2011, 07:37 PM
appO barathiraja innum konjam uNmaigaLaiyum solli than mugaththai kAttuvArA? Like, Vivek said "evenings with Barathiraja during shooting are interesting but AnA enna interestingnu solla mAttEn". indha pOrvai ellAm vilakki pEsa Barathiraja thayArA? basti mein savaal!

V_S
10th January 2011, 08:40 PM
இப்பதான் எல்லாம் கூடி வந்து அவரு சீரியலுக்கு எல்லாம் டைட்டில் பாட்டு போட்டு கொடுத்தாரு அதுக்குள்ள முட்டிகிச்சா? ஹம்ம்ம்.. தலைக்கும் சும்மா இருக்க முடியல போல :(
http://nermai-endrum.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-post_5705.html

'இயக்குநர்கள் சங்க 40-வது ஆண்டு விழா மேடையில் உங்களுக்கும் இளையராஜாவுக்கும் கருத்து மோதல் நடந்ததே... என்ன பிரச்னை?''

''வளர்ச்சி. வளர்ச்சிதான் காரணம். நான் இன்னிக்கு வரைக்கும் வளர்ந்ததா நினைக்கவே இல்லை. என் மண்ணும் வாசமும் என்கிட்ட அப்படியே இருக்கு. அவன் வளர்ந்துட்டதா நினைச்சி, உடம்புக்குப் போர்வை போர்த்திக்கலாமா? முகத்துக்குக் கண்ணாடி போட்டா, முழு முகமும் மறைஞ்சிடுறது இல்ல. நான் நிதர்சனமானவன். இது ஜனங்களுக்கும் தெரியும். நீ யார் என்பதை ஜனங்களிடம் சொல்வதில் என்ன இருக்கிறது? நீ பட்ட கஷ்டம் மற்றவர்களுக்குப் பாடமாக, ஊக்கமாக இருக்கும். அதைவிட்டுட்டு, நான் புருஷாத்தமம் பண்ண விரும்பலைனு சொன்னா எப்படி?''
RS,
I watched that programme, but I could not blame Maestro. It can be even seen as a recap of their memories. They are still best friends. Again not sure, what this link was trying to portray.
As usual, Maestro didnt start anything, it was BR who started asking him, when did we meet first time and it made IR embarrassed. But he answered cleverly.
In fact, it was BR projecting himself to everyone that he was true to himself and IR not, but for that also IR didn't even complain, he just left the stage. After their part was over, I saw IR sitting next to BR for the whole show even talking to him. May be I missed any other controversy, but it's annoying when he was targetted for no reason. :oops:

jaiganes
10th January 2011, 09:11 PM
appO barathiraja innum konjam uNmaigaLaiyum solli than mugaththai kAttuvArA? Like, Vivek said "evenings with Barathiraja during shooting are interesting but AnA enna interestingnu solla mAttEn". indha pOrvai ellAm vilakki pEsa Barathiraja thayArA? basti mein savaal!
Already sila paeroda poarvai/jerkin/leather jacket MMA threadla kazhandukichi, adha maadhiri matter edhaana irukkumaa? Irundhudhunna, indha kuLirkaalathula konjam koLuthi vittu kaayalaam.

irir123
10th January 2011, 11:47 PM
Already sila paeroda poarvai/jerkin/leather jacket MMA threadla kazhandukichi, adha maadhiri matter edhaana irukkumaa? Irundhudhunna, indha kuLirkaalathula konjam koLuthi vittu kaayalaam.

jaiganes - as far as BR is concerned, perhaps it is a matter of 'jacket'(s) of the SriDevis, Radhikas, Ratis, Revathys, Rekhas, Radhas, of yesteryears :think:

Plum
11th January 2011, 01:36 PM
jai, these silly jokes apart, BR was trying to create a innocent nallavan image for himself there. He was trying to steal a march with inconsequential ramblings and for him to complain now is rich.

venkkiram
11th January 2011, 09:50 PM
jai, these silly jokes apart, BR was trying to create a innocent nallavan image for himself there. He was trying to steal a march with inconsequential ramblings and for him to complain now is rich.ஆமாம்.. BR பெரிய தில்லாலங்கடி. வெள்ளந்தியான மனசு எனச் சொல்லிக்கொண்டே ஏதேதோ உளறுவதே பெரும்பாலான நேரத்தில் இவருடைய பொழுதுபோக்கு. விவேகமில்லாத வேகம் தான் இவருடைய பேச்சு.

jaiganes
11th January 2011, 10:36 PM
jai, these silly jokes apart, BR was trying to create a innocent nallavan image for himself there. He was trying to steal a march with inconsequential ramblings and for him to complain now is rich.ஆமாம்.. BR பெரிய தில்லாலங்கடி. வெள்ளந்தியான மனசு எனச் சொல்லிக்கொண்டே ஏதேதோ உளறுவதே பெரும்பாலான நேரத்தில் இவருடைய பொழுதுபோக்கு. விவேகமில்லாத வேகம் தான் இவருடைய பேச்சு.
it is a pity. but the man has made some landmark films, so we can do a group maafi.

San_K
11th January 2011, 11:06 PM

:exactly:

app_engine
11th January 2011, 11:12 PM
Based on what we see in media, BR is inconsistent in personal relations (much like his artistic output). Also, not much logic.

+ve or -ve, IR is quite consistent and highly logical in personal relations. (Once again, much precise like his musical output). saNdainnA saNdai, nanRikkadan'nA nanRikkadan, friendship'nA friendshippu. Everything at boolean levels :-)

vel
12th January 2011, 10:45 AM
a director of a reality show approached BR for comments on IR...it seems BR had retorted,"naan edhukkuyya avana pathi sollanum....engaiyaavadhu avan enna pathi sollraana?" :D .....oodal between 2 friends....avlo dhaan...but i agree that BR, by his own acceptance, is a ulaRuvaayan....

skr
12th January 2011, 09:04 PM
A small write up on Ilayaraja's impact on the small screen..Ppl who are familiar with shows like Airtel Super Singer,Hariyudan Naan,Ragamalika etc will be able to relate to it..Take a look
http://tuningmymelody.blogspot.com/2011/01/impact-of-ilaiyaraaja-on-small-screen.html

Sureshs65
12th January 2011, 09:42 PM
The first few minutes of this video has Raja talking about Devarajan master and what he thinks are the quality of a good song. For those who think he doesnt praise other people, do check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ15i4jlJvg&feature=related

raj_musing
12th January 2011, 10:30 PM
Suresh,

In my opinion,Devarajan cannot be casually considered in the league of "just other people", as he was Raja's mentor during his earlier days. Raja was the guitarist of D master once and hence had great amount of respect for him.

Devarajan was a strict task master and raja had definitely imbibed some of his qualities in terms of discipline,punctuality,precission in notations,restrictive freedom for vocalists to innovate, etc etc....

The fact that raja respected most of his seniors is indeed great despite the indifferences he had with some of them later.I had read somewhere that Devarajan had once shown him the door as raja was late to arrive in the recording studio by few minutes...

Anyway the question that remains here his "how many of the artists had he praised post his arrival on the scene" ? Probably its because there was no one worth for a praise :) :)...

raj_musing
12th January 2011, 10:45 PM
Suresh,

Kindly check your PM.

Thx
Raj

app_engine
12th January 2011, 10:45 PM
May be this is an old news - but didn't see any mention in this thread - so, is IR going to be on stage for the YSR show in Chennai? (http://www.makkalmurasu.com/index.php?mod=article&cat=cinema&article=24470)

ajaybaskar
13th January 2011, 11:52 AM
MANI TO WORK WITH ILAYARAJA

Sun Pictures to fund Mani's Ponniyin Selvan?

The Kollywood grapevine is abuzz that Sun Pictures are going to produce Mani Ratnam's next project in Tamil Kalki's magnum opus Ponniyin Selvan, a period drama!

It is said to be a big budget extravaganza which industry sources say would cost a whopping Rs 200 Crore plus. Jayamohan is said to be penning the dialogues, which would be a full fledged adaptation of the novel. There are strong rumours that Ilayaraja may team up again with Mani.

Ponniyin Selvan, is a fictionalised account of Chola King RajaRaja 1 and one of the greatest works of Tamil literature, penned by arguably the most celebrated writer, Kalki. The star cast and other details are being worked out on the film which is in pre-production.

Plum
13th January 2011, 12:01 PM
The whole thing sounds like a rumour. And with this additional rumour, I am not inclined to believe. If they made a 200 cr extravaganza, wouldn't they go to Rahman for marketability? Is a 200 cr film viable with IR now - even with Rajinikanth in it, let alone Manirathnam? Let's be realistic.

ajaybaskar
13th January 2011, 12:04 PM
Plum,

Sometime back (during the release of Ravan), I got an info from Mani's circles that Mani may go for IR for the next flick. Informed Maddy then. Now, this news in the media.. Kootti kazhichchu paarunga..

vel
13th January 2011, 12:10 PM
A small write up on Ilayaraja's impact on the small screen..Ppl who are familiar with shows like Airtel Super Singer,Hariyudan Naan,Ragamalika etc will be able to relate to it..Take a look
http://tuningmymelody.blogspot.com/2011/01/impact-of-ilaiyaraaja-on-small-screen.html

Raja's songs can expose your inefficiencies as a singer and as an instrument player....

In airtel super singer, there was this happy-pathos round...the orchetra accompanyment was lousy i say...Vijay tv should change their orchestra for the show...the chords/bass etc were suicidal...the finer nuances that raaja brings about in the orchstration of a pathos song was totally lost by the clueless wretched orchestra...ignorant judges (sailaja, sowmya etc) kept asking whether it was a happy version or the sad version

...the participants were giving the same feel for both versions, and it was more highlighted due to the utter poor support from the orchestra, who just didnt know ABC of the RAAJA GRAMMAR ..... :shock:

it was unbearable...adi aathaadi pathos, vellai pura ondru pathos etc were murdered...the chords, bass, the finer differences between the happy/sad version, the subtle differences in singing all went for a toss...none of the idiots making the Vijay TV show seemed to understand this...Subashree thanikachalam, who is now with Jaya tv is very sensible in these aspects. Her orchestra also is comparatively better....atleast the consistency is way better...

Plum
13th January 2011, 01:03 PM
Generally, Tamil TV shows orchestration is patheteic. Malayalam Channels are way ahead. I wonder why all that talent is locked up in Thiruvananthnapuram, Cochin, Thrissur or wherever they shoot these Idea Star singers and even the Mallu Sangeetha Maha Yuddham. Chennai is supposed to be the hotbed - mAththittAngaLA?

vel
13th January 2011, 01:10 PM
hi Plum

Mallu channels are way ahead in these singing shows....and mostly they (keralites) only win as "thamizhagathin" chella kural :)

jaiganes
13th January 2011, 02:01 PM
The whole thing sounds like a rumour. And with this additional rumour, I am not inclined to believe. If they made a 200 cr extravaganza, wouldn't they go to Rahman for marketability? Is a 200 cr film viable with IR now - even with Rajinikanth in it, let alone Manirathnam? Let's be realistic.
Onnum onnum rendu
un mael aasai undu type kootti kazithal by media...
Mani teams up with JeMO (for GOD knows what)
JeMo writes abt Raja Raja chozhan in blog
<A.V.Reporter>Appo rumour confirmdungaLa</A.V.Reporter>
<Mani and JeMO> Rumourai eppdi daa confirm panreenga?</Mani and JeMO>

Plum
13th January 2011, 02:07 PM

kameshratnam
13th January 2011, 03:35 PM
IR Mani combo did give us some hits no doubt about it

IR will not need anyone...did not need anyone....for him his life is his 7 swarams
Period

kameshratnam
13th January 2011, 03:37 PM
IR singing in the latest videos from Ramanashramam

http://sriramanamaharshi.org/jayanti2.html

A.ANAND
13th January 2011, 04:03 PM
Sun Pictures to fund Mani's Ponniyin Selvan?

The Kollywood grapevine is abuzz that Sun Pictures are going to produce Mani Ratnam's next project in Tamil Kalki's magnum opus Ponniyin Selvan, a period drama!

It is said to be a big budget extravaganza which industry sources say would cost a whopping Rs 200 Crore plus. Jayamohan is said to be penning the dialogues, which would be a full 鈥揻ledged adaptation of the novel. There are strong rumours that Ilayaraja may team up again with Mani.

Ponniyin Selvan, is a fictionalised account of Chola King RajaRaja 1 and one of the greatest works of Tamil literature, penned by arguably the most celebrated writer, Kalki. The star cast and other details are being worked out on the film which is in pre-production.

appushiva
13th January 2011, 05:31 PM
The news of Mani with IR, if it is real, it will turn into a joyful celebrations to all cinema lovers, since there combination given fruitful songs which a man can never imagine.

Now we have to wait, the concerned should leave their ego and work for the epic to touch the silver screen with Maestro's masterly creative music.

link below ???

http://600024.com/mani-ratnam-with-ilayaraja-again-in-ponniyin-selvan/

Also, there is a news Maniratnam producing hindi movie having Yuvan as music director..

All the news are started giving sweet on the days of Pongal/Sankranti where we all have sweet pongal.

Let the dreams come true................

Wishing all happy sankranti/Pongal/Farmer's day

Regards,

Shiva

Renault
13th January 2011, 06:34 PM

Read somewhere that ARR is taking a break this year and will be back in 2012.

jaiganes
13th January 2011, 09:58 PM

Read somewhere that ARR is taking a break this year and will be back in 2012.
ha ha ha ha...
ARR breakukku break vutrungO.. inge puraLi puyal maadhiri keLambittu irukku.
Ennaala aanadhu.. naanum keLapparen.

MR next MD is itwofs.com favourite, thaman .

Sureshs65
14th January 2011, 12:00 AM
I also am inclined to think of the 'Ponniyin Selvan' news as a rumour. Looks like the concerned reporter did some 'kootal kazhithal' of his own and came up with the news. Not sure what deadlines that poor fellow had to meet!!

Personally I wouldn't feel it is a bad idea. Especially given Raja's record in blockbuster movies. He has done one for Mani in 'Dhalapathy'. And the songs of 'Pazhassi Raja' are incredible. And no one, just simply no one, currently can captured the period like he can.

Having said that, I still feel the news is just gossip. I am not even sure if 'Ponniyin Selvan' will be done. Leave alone Mani-Raja combination!!

jaiganes
14th January 2011, 01:02 AM
I also am inclined to think of the 'Ponniyin Selvan' news as a rumour. Looks like the concerned reporter did some 'kootal kazhithal' of his own and came up with the news. Not sure what deadlines that poor fellow had to meet!!

Personally I wouldn't feel it is a bad idea. Especially given Raja's record in blockbuster movies. He has done one for Mani in 'Dhalapathy'. And the songs of 'Pazhassi Raja' are incredible. And no one, just simply no one, currently can captured the period like he can.

Having said that, I still feel the news is just gossip. I am not even sure if 'Ponniyin Selvan' will be done. Leave alone Mani-Raja combination!!
some guys wrote to JeMo and did not get a clear cut "NO" from him!!!!
idhu eppdi irukku?
probably some episodic take from Ponniyin Selvan might really be on cards. Neruppillaama pogayaadhu, but namma aalunga "uchchaala kooda paththavekkiravangaLaache".

app_engine
14th January 2011, 01:17 AM
some guys wrote to JeMo and did not get a clear cut "NO" from him!!!!

So, நெருப்பில்லாமல் புகையாது'ங்கறீங்களா?

எப்படி இருந்தாலும் ராசாவே 'தீயணைப்பு வண்டி'யாகாமல் இருந்தால் சரி :-)

(அந்த வேலைக்கு வேற நிறையப்பேர் காத்துக்கிட்டிருக்காங்க என்பது வேறு விஷயம்)

kameshratnam
14th January 2011, 08:27 AM
A R Rahman is not taking a break from composing music. He is doing chennaiyil oru mazhaikalam and also tele serial music for gowtham vasudev menon. Although this is not related i had to tell this stop this Maniratnam stuff.
That mani went to IR for kannathil muttamittal and iruvar and ir refused..lets stop these stories
He have to wait for Ponnar shankar and maruthani and other movies

rooky
14th January 2011, 09:18 AM
A R Rahman is not taking a break from composing music. He is doing chennaiyil oru mazhaikalam and also tele serial music for gowtham vasudev menon. Although this is not related i had to tell this stop this Maniratnam stuff.
That mani went to IR for kannathil muttamittal and iruvar and ir refused..lets stop these stories
He have to wait for Ponnar shankar and maruthani and other movies

Though not exactly related to this forum, ARR had confirmed that he is taking a break in 2012.That doesn't mean he wont have any releases. He had said he completed music for all the movies that he had signed up (Including Chennaiyil, HARA, few Hindi Movies) and that he wont sign-up to do anything in 2012. FYI.

MumbaiRamki
14th January 2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/63112.html

Ak sold to cloud nine pictures . They would market it well. But their last two outings were big flops - Va -aurter cutting and Ratha saritharam..

Va - was such a flop that , yesterday in Rajalskhmi theatre in velachery , they cancelled the nite show a snovody turned up !

app_engine
14th January 2011, 09:48 PM
மீண்டும் ராஜரத்னம் (http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1101/14/1110114052_1.htm)

மணிரத்னம் அடுத்து பொன்னியின் செல்வன் கதையை படமாக்குகிறார். இந்தப் படம் ராஜராஜ சோழன் காலகட்டத்தை சார்ந்தது. தமிழின் தொன்மையான இசைக்கோவைகள் தேவைப்படும் படம். ரஹ்மானைவிட இளையராஜாவே இந்தக் கதைக்கு சாலப்பொருத்தமாக இருப்பார் என்பது சாதாரண ரசிகனும் அறிந்த ஒன்று.

மணிரத்னமும் அந்த முடிவையே எடுத்திருப்பதாக காதில் தேன் ஊற்றுகிறது அவரது அலுவலக வட்டாரம். விஷ்ணுபுரம், மத்தகம் என அற்புதமான ச*ரித்திர கதைகள் எழுதிய ஜெயமோகன்தான் மணிரத்னத்தின் கதை இலாகாவை வழிநடத்துகிறார் என்பது கூடுதல் செய்தி.

NormalMan
14th January 2011, 10:28 PM
மணி இளையராஜா'விடம் போவார் - நம்ம தலைவர் எதாவது செய்து தானே கலைத்து விடுவார்.

Unless Kamal is involved chances are very bleak. Or unless Mani had an "open" chat with IR at the directors 40 function !!

ramk1
15th January 2011, 10:35 AM
Guys, i don't want to sound pessimistic but this project wont take off as a 200 crore budget needs a pan indian theme and this project will be limited to only Tamil Nadu. So there is no scope of any producer indulging himself in this project and Mani being a market savvy guy, he will surely not do such a mistake. So there is no chance of IR-MR coming back together again.

Sureshs65
15th January 2011, 12:24 PM
Forget about the chances of Mani Raja get together. The current news is that Malabar Gold advertisement featuring Raja have started appearing on TV. I just a brief one. I am sure they will be screening it often on these Pongal specials. Would love to hear the jingle he had composed for Malabar Gold.

NagaS
15th January 2011, 01:32 PM
Forget about the chances of Mani Raja get together. The current news is that Malabar Gold advertisement featuring Raja have started appearing on TV. I just a brief one. I am sure they will be screening it often on these Pongal specials. Would love to hear the jingle he had composed for Malabar Gold.

Its a very short Ad, Raja sings just one line (azagum tharamum sangamam or something like that)

NagaS

Saagar
15th January 2011, 07:20 PM
After Playing the 3 second clip all day long, they've just played the complete song and Ad. Just saw this on kalaignar. An aesthetic Ad & The song is superb ,too. IR at his best in the video, I felt, couldn't have been better!

Sureshs65
15th January 2011, 09:24 PM
NagaS,

Exactly what I saw as well.

Saagar,

Thanks for the update. I agree with you. The ad is very tastefully done. I will now have to look out for the song. Hope someone records it and loads in on youtube :)

NormalMan
15th January 2011, 11:29 PM
Guys, i don't want to sound pessimistic but this project wont take off as a 200 crore budget needs a pan indian theme and this project will be limited to only Tamil Nadu. So there is no scope of any producer indulging himself in this project and Mani being a market savvy guy, he will surely not do such a mistake. So there is no chance of IR-MR coming back together again.

இந்த "நிதி" கொள்ளைக்கார குடும்ப கும்பலுக்கு 200 கோடி சர்வ சாதாரணம். கொள்ளை அடித்த black has to become white. So don't worry about money.

Vivasaayi
16th January 2011, 08:16 AM
Kamal on Ilayaraja in second video

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/kamalhassan/

NormalMan
17th January 2011, 12:53 AM
Kamal expressed his reverence for IR twice during this show.

dochu
17th January 2011, 05:19 AM
He talks about it around 11:27 in the second video.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th January 2011, 04:22 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/awards/2011/01/17-tn-govt-declare-ms-subbulakshmi-award-ilayaraja-aid0087.html

இசைஞானி இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜாவுக்கு, இசைப் பேரரசி எம்.எஸ்.சுப்புலட்சுமி விருது வழங்க முதல்வர் கருணாநிதி உத்தரவிட்டுள்ளார்.

Plum
17th January 2011, 05:20 PM
SKV, DMK-ku 2011 elections-la Vote kuththidalAmA? :)

ajaybaskar
17th January 2011, 05:22 PM
Ada neenga vera, idhu Kalaignaroda aduththa padathula work panna IRku virikkapatta valai maadhiri theriyudhu..

anegan
17th January 2011, 07:19 PM
இளையராஜா விருதுக்கு விலை போவார் என்று எனக்குத் தோன்றவில்லை.

raja_fan
17th January 2011, 09:43 PM
Raja and Sriram Parthasarathy offering their songs at Sri Ramana Maharishi Jayanthi function.

http://sriramanamaharshi.org/jayanti2.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th January 2011, 10:09 PM
SKV, DMK-ku 2011 elections-la Vote kuththidalAmA? :)overA unarchivasappadaatheenga! Mathiya arasil angam vagikkum DMK raasaavukku oru barath rathna padmasree kooda tharala!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th January 2011, 10:09 PM
Someone post the (full) video / audio of the recent Malabar gold Ad where Raja appears.

San_K
17th January 2011, 11:25 PM
Someone post the (full) video / audio of the recent Malabar gold Ad where Raja appears.

arumaiya irunthuchu ad. thumbai poo mathiri Raja :notworthy:

where is malabar gold shop in chennai? 1g gold coin-avathu vangama vida matten :)

San_K
17th January 2011, 11:26 PM
SKV and others here is the video

http://goo.gl/armO3

awesome qualify both in video and audio. uploader :notworthy:

I think the director himeself uploaded this and PC, the Cinematographer :)

Director : Krishnakumar
Cinematographer : P.C.Sreeram
Music Director : Ilaiyaraja
Editor : Manohar
Art Director : Kiran
Producer : Bhanuprakasan
Colourist : Sunil RGB
Lyricist : Pandian
Production Co-ordinator : Krishnan
Stylist : Uma Bhimsingh
Make-Up : Babu
Asst. Directors : Rajaraman, Karthik Somasundaram, Ezhil Vinod Selvan, Jagadeesh

Sureshs65
17th January 2011, 11:48 PM
San_K,

Thanks for the link. A very charming song, though short but then Raja is the master of the short song, isn't he? BTW, who is the female singing this song?

Shreya Goshal has tweeted that she has sung one semi classical and one folk song for Raja. As usual the song is fantastic, it seems. Not sure which film it is for. Must be for the Ramayanam film in Telugu.

V_S
18th January 2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks San_K for the link. Few seconds is enough for Maestro to capture our hearts and that's what he did in this song.!!
And what a radiance in his face, very fresh!!:notworthy:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
18th January 2011, 02:07 AM

:ty: Pure, pristine, :D Not the gold but Rajaa! (becos i don;t know about malabaar or any other gold!)

AravindMano
18th January 2011, 04:32 AM
San_K,

Thanks for the link. A very charming song, though short but then Raja is the master of the short song, isn't he? BTW, who is the female singing this song?

Shreya Goshal has tweeted that she has sung one semi classical and one folk song for Raja. As usual the song is fantastic, it seems. Not sure which film it is for. Must be for the Ramayanam film in Telugu.

BhavadhAriNi nu ninaikREn.

This is the first time I see him comfortable before the camera - I mean films, music videos - should be because of PC Sreeram.

irir123
18th January 2011, 05:31 AM

Asst. Directors : Rajaraman, Karthik Somasundaram, Ezhil Vinod Selvan, Jagadeesh

bears strong resemblance to "katril varum geethamey, en kannanai arivaayaa ?"

kameshratnam
18th January 2011, 07:35 AM
shreya goshal in twitter
@shreyaghoshal: Recorded beautiful songs in Tamizh today.. One is folkish other one semi classical. Raja sir creates magic everytime.

Thanks Kamal akarsh

NagaS
18th January 2011, 08:29 AM
[tscii:26afd60457]

ஒண்ணு சொன்னா அடிக்க வரமாட்டீங்களே - பாட்டு ‘காற்றில் வரும் கீதமே’லேர்ந்து வெட்டினது, கேமெரா ‘சின்னத் தாயவள்’ காலத்து வாசனை, ராஜாவோட பளிச் முகபாவங்களைத்தவிர ஒண்ணும் புச்சா இல்லை :>

வேணும்ன்னா ராஜாவுக்காக மலபார் கோல்ட்ல நகை வாங்கலாம். இந்த விளம்பரத்துக்காக அல்ல :>

NagaS[/tscii:26afd60457]

jaiganes
18th January 2011, 09:54 AM
[tscii:d78bd6e348]

ஒண்ணு சொன்னா அடிக்க வரமாட்டீங்களே - பாட்டு ‘காற்றில் வரும் கீதமே’லேர்ந்து வெட்டினது, கேமெரா ‘சின்னத் தாயவள்’ காலத்து வாசனை, ராஜாவோட பளிச் முகபாவங்களைத்தவிர ஒண்ணும் புச்சா இல்லை :>

வேணும்ன்னா ராஜாவுக்காக மலபார் கோல்ட்ல நகை வாங்கலாம். இந்த விளம்பரத்துக்காக அல்ல :>

NagaS[/tscii:d78bd6e348]
உங்களை அடிச்சாலும் தப்பில்லை.
அடிக்கடி இந்தப்பக்கம் வர்ரதில்லை.
வந்தாலும் இப்டி ஒரு நொட்டை சொல்றது.
அடிக்கடி வாங்க சார்.

skr
18th January 2011, 10:12 AM
Wonderful ad..really enjoyed it..
Get that Kalyani flavour ala Katril Varum Geethame..
Very well shot by PC Shreeram..Maestro's looking very radiant..

Plum
18th January 2011, 10:15 AM

bears strong resemblance to "katril varum geethamey, en kannanai arivaayaa ?"
<start using tags like jaiganes>
<speak like charunivedita>
Keralavil ellAm indha pAdal migavum prabalam. avargaL eppodhumE semi-classical songs-ku mariyAdhai koduppavargaL. nam tamizhnAttil dhAn kuththu pAdalukkum seyaraasin meh kaadhal paadalgaLukkum mattumE mariyAdhai. enna seivadhu, tamizhanin isai thEvai avvaLavu dhAn - figure madikkavum, koothAdavum dhAn namakku isai thEvai padugiRadhu
</charunivedita-speak>
</end jaiganes style tag>

MumbaiRamki
18th January 2011, 10:37 AM
http://expressbuzz.com/entertainment/news/ilayaraja-honoured/239992.html

NagaS
18th January 2011, 11:05 AM
உங்களை அடிச்சாலும் தப்பில்லை.
அடிக்கடி இந்தப்பக்கம் வர்ரதில்லை.
வந்தாலும் இப்டி ஒரு நொட்டை சொல்றது.
அடிக்கடி வாங்க சார்.

:) RSS Feedல இங்கே வர்ற ஒரு போஸ்ட் விடாம படிச்சுடறேன் சார். பதில் எழுதறதுன்னாதான் சோம்பேறித்தனமா இருக்கு ;)

NagaS

raagas
18th January 2011, 11:47 AM
San_K,

Thanks for the link. A very charming song, though short

Aargh! This is cheating, i dont accept! I want it more... I want it lengthy... I want it full!! :cry2:

Punnaimaran
18th January 2011, 01:59 PM
Nice ad and our Raja looking brilliant. On seeing the ad, my wife smiling slyly asked me, "So, when we are we going there?" Now I have to look out for a Malabar Gold outlet in Dubai as my daughter also has joined in. My 5 year old daughter keeps her fingers between her lips and acts as if she is whistling whenever thalaivar appears on screen. :D

entertainment
18th January 2011, 05:22 PM
நானும் மெய் மறந்தேன் பாடலை கேட்கும் பொழுது, especially when IR starts singing.

Nice ad and our Raja looking brilliant. On seeing the ad, my wife smiling slyly asked me, "So, when we are we going there?" Now I have to look out for a Malabar Gold outlet in Dubai as my daughter also has joined in. My 5 year old daughter keeps her fingers between her lips and acts as if she is whistling whenever thalaivar appears on screen. :D

raj_musing
18th January 2011, 10:13 PM
Lovely expression as she sings Mey Maranthein and raja steps in...wonderful!

tvsankar
18th January 2011, 10:19 PM
Add parthadhum - manasil vandha feelings ...
paatu arambitha add il - IR in vaarthaigal...
"Malabar Gold udan ennalum ponnal agatum.." vaarthaiku
oru slow kodutharae.. SPeed breaker madhiri..
Add ku - edhu epo epadi mukkiyam nu kaati kodu...thu irukar.

ipo - oru azhagana chinna speed - for the Quality......

"Azhagum tharamum sangamam" - kids ellam - vaasal padi yeri yeranugumae andha madhiri.. chinna vari.. enna oru notes....

app_engine
18th January 2011, 10:40 PM
விருது (http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1101/18/1110118028_1.htm)

பாரதி விருது ஜெயகாந்தனுக்கு (இயல்)
எம் எஸ் விருது ராசாவுக்கு (இசை)
பாலசரஸ்வதி விருது பத்மா சுப்ரமணியத்துக்கு (நாடகம் / நாட்டியம்)

kiru
19th January 2011, 09:59 AM
Only recently I saw Myskin's interview of IR. I was absolutely blown over by IR's responses. Amazing. His piercing eyes, unadorned face/clothes, lean body that does not consume earthly resources unnecessarily and sharp observations made extempore all vouch for the genius almost saint like personality. Some people earlier commented Myskin was too flattering etc. I dont see that..Myskin is a smart guy, he can sing well/knows music.. he knows his art but he is just being respectful of a GIANT. IR's comments to a western music personality about Mozart or Bach's concerto is nothing but Hamsadhwani was another thing that blew my mind.. he says I am not mixing anything (WCM and ICM) .. mixing means they are two different things.. I dont see it that way.. I see my (Indian) music in that composition. He says he is making up a reason for bringing Budapest musicians in.. it just occurred to him and so he is using them. I kind of tend to believe this man all the time..
One person I would be proud of anytime from the indian film industry ..

Sureshs65
19th January 2011, 10:56 AM
Good to see you back Kiru. Nice writeup. I endorse all your views.

Devaraagam
19th January 2011, 03:34 PM
100% agree with Kiru on IR

San_K
19th January 2011, 03:46 PM
+1

app_engine
19th January 2011, 10:25 PM
யுவன் "ஜாக்ஸன்" கூட அப்பா ஒரு பாட்டுப்பாடினாராம் (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-11-03/yuvan-shankar-raja-ilaiyaraja-19-01-11.html)

baroque
20th January 2011, 04:50 AM
:ty: for the Ad.
Shri.Ilayaraja is radiant.
loving it.
எப்பவுமே ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா சந்தோஷமா, healthy ஆ , peaceful ஆ இருக்கணும் ...glowing இளையராஜா :ty:
vinatha.

raj_musing
20th January 2011, 11:28 PM
Kiru,

Was this that interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjXNjReG2o

Also many clippings of raja interacting with College students are posted in the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMVvyphUjc&feature=related

Saagar
21st January 2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.thecinemanews.com/2011/01/ilayarajas-maiden-attempt-in-film.html

Which one is the 900th film?

irir123
22nd January 2011, 02:46 AM
http://www.thecinemanews.com/2011/01/ilayaraja-maniratnam-joining-again-in.html

enna nadakkudhu inga ?

app_engine
22nd January 2011, 03:25 AM
http://www.thecinemanews.com/2011/01/ilayaraja-maniratnam-joining-again-in.html

enna nadakkudhu inga ?

ஜெயமோகன் வசனம் எழுதப்போவதாகவும் கிளப்பி விட்டுருக்காங்க.

99% வதந்தி என்று தோன்றுகிறது. ஒரு ஆளின் கற்பனை எல்லா வலைத்தளங்களிலும் உலவுகிறது. சம்பந்தப்பட்டவர்களும் "பெயர் அடிபட்டுக்கொண்டிருப்பது பிரபலமாகும் வழி" என்றோ அல்லது இப்படி ஒரு புரளி இருக்கிறதென்றே தெரியாமலோ பேசாமல் இருக்கிறார்கள்.

ராசா கிட்ட யாராச்சும் போயிக்கேட்டால் திட்டி அனுப்பி விடுவார் என்ற பயமும் கூட இருக்கலாம்.

மொத்தத்தில், ஹப்'புக்கு சில நாட்களுக்கு அவல் :-)

kiru
22nd January 2011, 03:32 AM
Kiru,

Was this that interview?

Yes, thats the one. Anyways, thanks guys for confirming that I am not alone feeling that way. I say it is a must watch. IR is pretty serious through out .. when Myskin says.. after writing down the name of the movie nandalAlA , i wrote down iLaiyarAjA ..why do you think I did that ? After a few seconds of hesitations, IR says, "this shows there is a poet/musician inside you". Myskin is surprised. then IR says my name rhymes with nandalAlA.. though simple the way and the timing in which he delivered the response was amazing ..somehow somebody needs to give him an IQ test (or tell him about Mensa club) and we probably have a guinness record holder..

Sureshs65
22nd January 2011, 09:54 AM
A lengthier post of this is in the Emotion Thread.

Yesterday in 'Manadodu Mano' program on Jaya TV, Mayilsamy was the guest. After speaking about MGR and Sivaji songs, he sang a song of Raja. (It was one of Raja's 'Amma'song. Forgot which one it was. Anyone who saw the movie please help.) Then he spoke about Raja in glowing terms. He said that one of his life ambition was to learn atleast one song from 'Tiruvasagam' as tuned by Raja and sing it in Tiruvannamalai. He then sang 'umbargatkarase'. He has no great voice but you can see that he had imbibed the emotional aspect of the song very well. I didn't hear it clearly but I think he said he sang it in front of Raja in Tiruvannamalai and Raja later told him that he had tears in his eyes.

irir123
23rd January 2011, 10:20 PM
Great review - a new one - on "Tiruvasagam- Oratorio" by a Finnish national with a love of Tamil!

http://www.finndian.com/cd-review-ilaiyaraaja

http://www.finndian.com/about-me

jaiganes
24th January 2011, 03:40 AM
Great review - a new one - on "Tiruvasagam- Oratorio" by a Finnish national with a love of Tamil!

http://www.finndian.com/cd-review-ilaiyaraaja

http://www.finndian.com/about-mehttp://www.google.com/

Great review. Nice to see words like Spine chilling etc., etc.,.
It is indeed a coincidence that we are discussing the emotional appeal of raaja's songs with TiS as a case in point we chance upon this review.
Wonderful. His observations are pretty much spot on. nice to see someone who is willing to go along the emotional coaster of an album and provide an honest viewpoint...

Fliflo
24th January 2011, 08:29 AM
Malabar Gold Full AD..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1eITdWSd2Y

IR looks divine..

Querida
24th January 2011, 10:50 AM
Didn't know where to post this, but wanted to share with IR Fans:

Audio of the Maestro and Kamal discussing music for Guna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuFvZ0x2GO8

ajaybaskar
24th January 2011, 11:24 AM
This was already posted by Bala some years back.. :-)

San_K
25th January 2011, 01:31 PM
Naalai Mudhal Ayyan

http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/2512011/fe_2501_mn_20_cni.jpg

app_engine
26th January 2011, 12:30 AM
ரத்னகுமார் இயக்கத்தில் தயாராகியிருக்கும் படம் செங்காத்து. இந்தப் படத்தை இளையராஜாவே விநியோகிப்பதாக பரபரப்பு தகவல். படத்தை இளையராஜா விநியோகிப்பதாக தெ*ரிவித்தது உண்மைதான், ஆனால்... என்று சோகம் இசைக்கிறது செங்காத்து தயா*ரிப்பாளர் வட்டாரம்.

செங்காத்துப் படத்துக்கு இசையமைக்க ஒத்துக்கொண்ட இளையராஜா, படத்தைப் பார்த்ததும், படம் நன்றாக இருக்கிறது, நானே சில ஏ*ரியாக்களை வாங்கிக் கொள்கிறேன் என்றாராம்.

படத்தின் போஸ்ட் புரொட**க்சன் முடித்து ஆசையாக இளையராஜாவை அணுகினால், ஏ*ரியாக்களை வாங்கிக் கொள்கிறேன் என்று சொன்னது ச*ரிதான், ஆனால் அது அப்போ. இப்போது நிலைமை ச*ரியில்லை என்று கை வி*ரித்துள்ளார்.

கையை பிசைந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள் ஆசையாக அறிவிப்பை வெளியிட்டவர்கள்.

நல்ல வேளை, தப்பிச்சுட்டார் (http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1101/25/1110125026_1.htm) :-)

rooky
26th January 2011, 10:43 AM
Raja was with Arya in Padithurai special program telecast in Vijay TV today morning. Footage shown were impressive and the bits of songs played were also good.

Looks like IR took some special care for this movie. He had suggested that they go to the tirunelveli for composing and that he was with director for about three days in Bapanasam for the song composition.

teja
26th January 2011, 01:00 PM
Looks like there has been a new release yesterday. "Ayyan".

"Manasoram" by SadhanaSargam rocks!

Track listing:

Song 01. Hey Sivagami - Rahul Nambiar, Reeta

Song 02. Unnmayai Naan - Maya

Song 03. Ennakena Oruthi - Rahul Nambiar

Song 04. Manasoram - Sriram Parthasarathy, Sadhana Sargam

Song 05. Kaatrinai Polingu - Tippu

Song 06. Viduthalaikuyil Naan - llaiyaraja, Neha

Chelian
27th January 2011, 08:45 AM
Alagarsamiyin kuthirai is to be distributed by Cloud nine movies. Hmm,,When the gonna release the music?

vel
27th January 2011, 10:34 AM
a new Singer Anitha says she is looking forward to the 2 songs she has sung in sengaathu and is also very excited about the 10.5 minutes song in ramarajyam.

kameshratnam
27th January 2011, 10:48 AM
Saw Nothing but wind priced at 159 and India 24 hours priced at 249 ..

Someone tell agilan lechman that the price is too high and it wont sell

thumburu
27th January 2011, 01:39 PM
Kiru,

Was this that interview?

Also many clippings of raja interacting with College students are posted in the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMVvyphUjc&feature=related

Thank you for this link. Can you please post the links for the remaining parts of the Raja-Myshkin interview too? Raja has switched over to Tanglish? eu too Raja??
I feel Myshkin only could have sung that "thaaaattu ketka" song as his voice is Raja like but more youthful than Raja's and it was for him in the movie too.

kameshratnam
27th January 2011, 04:55 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2011/01/27-ilayaraja-praises-ayyan-movie-audio-launch-aid0091.html

Sureshs65
27th January 2011, 10:31 PM
Looks like Raja has got a new set of media advisers :) You can nowadays see him in more music and movie launches :) Let us hope the director has done a decent job of the movie and it doesn't turn out to be one of those zillion movies which appear nowadays with a 'village' theme.

app_engine
27th January 2011, 11:20 PM
படித்துறை இயக்குநர் சுகா ஜெயமோகன் வலைத்தளத்தில் சிபாரிசு செய்திருக்கும் விடியோ (http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=11914)

வீட்டுக்குப்போனதும் பாக்கணும்...

San_K
27th January 2011, 11:54 PM
:ty: When it was telecasted I missed the first 15 min

Songs are truly rocking atleast for me

jaiganes
28th January 2011, 12:17 AM
:ty: When it was telecasted I missed the first 15 min

Songs are truly rocking atleast for me
they havent shown the bombay jayashree song penned by Na.Muthukumar( or did they?) The project looks promising. hero heroine look servicable and director seems to be a sensible guy. Lets see. As Suresh says, this seems to be 2009 redux to me.

San_K
28th January 2011, 12:23 AM
jai, they showed three songs only including Bombay JS song (thErOdum veethil). 2 songs are missing including Na.Mu song. Thus 2 songs by BJS?

when myna songs tasted success, why not Padithurai?

but why 'choreography'? Suka :hammer:

skr
28th January 2011, 09:38 AM
Links for the Padithurai show telecasted on Vijay TV..
Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaeiiKoPLfU&feature=player_embedded
Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvfEBUXaFcY&feature=player_embedded

Check out the Bombay Jayashree song between 5:30 to 5:53..sounds really promising..

V_S
28th January 2011, 09:47 AM
I think the song 'Unna Maadhiri' is sung by Bela Shinde in Padithurai. Feels a great composition, but I guess would be spoiled by the pronounciation.
When she pronounces 'ஒளியே' as 'ஒழியே', it is very irritating. :banghead: Same way she spoiled the beauty of 'Oli tharum sooriyan' song from Vaalmiki. That was more jarring because that's (ஒளி) the first word of the song. Amazing aspect is she from Mumbai (I guess?), but she pronounces the most difficult letter in Tamizh (ழ) perfectly, but at the wrong time, everytime.
It's better IR leave her alone.

rajasaranam
28th January 2011, 11:27 AM
படித்துறை இயக்குநர் சுகா ஜெயமோகன் வலைத்தளத்தில் சிபாரிசு செய்திருக்கும் விடியோ (http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=11914)

வீட்டுக்குப்போனதும் பாக்கணும்...

லிங்குக்கு நன்றி!

ajaybaskar
28th January 2011, 11:29 AM
Is this guy the one who is writing in Ananda Vikatan about Balu Mahendra?

MumbaiRamki
28th January 2011, 12:00 PM

Check out the Bombay Jayashree song between 5:30 to 5:53..sounds really promising..

This is very very promising !

raja_fan
28th January 2011, 12:09 PM
Saw IR's "India 24 Hrs" CDs at stores.
Price is Rs.259 !!

And noted the verses "Punarapi Jananam - Born Again" in the front cover and was surprised "Why this Bhaja Govindam verse here ? ".
But when I turned the CD to back cover, there was "Punarapi Maranam - Death Again" !

What a poetic tribute to the great Indian culture ! And Birth and Death are two sides of life, so are in the two sides of the CD cover !

skr
28th January 2011, 03:54 PM
Manadhodu Mano today on Jaya TV at 8pm..Guest is Veena Vidhwan Rajesh Vaidya..We can probably expect a few classics of Raja on the Veena..

K
28th January 2011, 05:13 PM
Manadhodu Mano today on Jaya TV at 8pm..Guest is Veena Vidhwan Rajesh Vaidya..We can probably expect a few classics of Raja on the Veena..

yes he is playing Sivarathiri from MMKR as his Fav number.

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/mano-23/

Rajesh Vaidhya @ Manathodu Mano

krish244
28th January 2011, 11:53 PM

Indeed. Looking forward to the audio release. IR muthirai is seen in BGM as well.

thanks,

Krishnan

skr
30th January 2011, 09:08 AM
Something which i came across on orkut..
A write up on IR which is in telugu..Can somebody say whats it about ??..Lots of IR pictures and also seems like they've listed out his entire filmography up to date..
Take a look..
http://www.chimatamusic.com/telugu_songs/articles/ir_full_chapter.pdf

Saagar
30th January 2011, 07:31 PM
For Info .... Just watching Asianet - The Award for Best Male Play back singer this year is Hariharan for Aaro padunnu Doore...From Katha Thudarunnu. He's coming up next . Not Sure what's he got to say.

raagas
31st January 2011, 02:31 PM

Indeed. Looking forward to the audio release. IR muthirai is seen in BGM as well.

thanks,

Krishnan

If you are referring to the flute & strings piece that is playing in the background during the montage of shots,then it is not by Ilaiyaraaja.

MumbaiRamki
31st January 2011, 03:33 PM

thanks,

Krishnan

If you are referring to the flute & strings piece that is playing in the background during the montage of shots,then it is not by Ilaiyaraaja.

not by raaja? it looked like raaja ...

raagas
31st January 2011, 04:23 PM

thanks,

Krishnan

not by raaja? it looked like raaja ...

It is from the background score of Lagaan, by A.R.Rahman.

MumbaiRamki
31st January 2011, 09:23 PM
Raagas ,
Thats amazing !!!!!! Rahman sounding like raaja - that too close to Sethu BGM feel and also shamefully exposes some of our ( me)'s bias :0

raagas
31st January 2011, 11:43 PM
Raagas ,
Thats amazing !!!!!! Rahman sounding like raaja - that too close to Sethu BGM feel and also shamefully exposes some of our ( me)'s bias :0
I always wanted to conduct one experiment. If i pass off an unreleased Rahman song (sung by Sadhana Sargam or Hariharan etc, but not totally rahman regulars) as Ilaiyaraaja song, there are chances that a good number of (those) Ilaiyaraaja fans, who otherwise do not like Rahman's work, might actually express liking towards it. The opposite is also true ie., if I pass a "Meetadha Oru Veenai" as Rahman song (if it had not been released), a good number of Rahman fans (who think Raaja is stuck) will applaud it. I do not wish to re-pull the age old cliched argument IR vs. ARR here. But what I am getting at is... a lot of fans end up liking music based on labels and names instead of naturally going by the appeal of music. I am not saying that everyone does, but I am sure a good number of people who claim to be hardcore fans or fans will be flummoxed if we conduct such an experiment(not with signature filled songs but with experimental songs). THe funny part is that, be it IR fans or ARR fans or anyone's fans... once we declare the actual composers' name, after the experiment... the same fans will find a 1000 faults with the same song, if the composer is not their idol.

I am not attributing to you MumbaiRamki.. but your statement made me recollect this thought that crossed me mind sometime ago. I know so many people who appreciate/dislike Raaja's/Rahman's music just by the names they idolize/loathe instead of genuinely savouring the music.

again, this is not to compare the artists involved (raaja or rahman), but i am only talking about the listening pattern or the way some people see music of their favourite or non-favourite composers.

MusicIsLife
1st February 2011, 01:10 AM
Has anybody listened to Eka Dhantam.. by Raaja!! with U Srinivas.. scintillating.. available on MusicIndiaOnline.

kiru
1st February 2011, 02:19 AM
You guys need to be more specific ..too much of quoted quotes is throwing me off. I'd love to listen to that "Rahman piece in Raaja style". Yesterday, I was listening to Bombay and was enjoying the uyirE. Both my wife and mother-in-law commenting this is how Rahman got the critical acclaim/broke into the mainstream, which I completely agree with.
BTW, my wife quipped the padithuRai title theme is ninnai charanadainthEn.. sounds like that to me too. And is unna maadhiri kalyani based ?

raagas
1st February 2011, 01:34 PM
You guys need to be more specific ..too much of quoted quotes is throwing me off. I'd love to listen to that "Rahman piece in Raaja style". Yesterday, I was listening to Bombay and was enjoying the uyirE. Both my wife and mother-in-law commenting this is how Rahman got the critical acclaim/broke into the mainstream, which I completely agree with.
BTW, my wife quipped the padithuRai title theme is ninnai charanadainthEn.. sounds like that to me too. And is unna maadhiri kalyani based ?

Kiru, it was not a piece in Raaja style.it was a western classical piece and hence it feels like Raaja's style. It is from the BGM of Lagaan.
The title theme indeeds sounds very Raaja-ish and yes, it reminds us of Ninnai charandainthen (because of Panthuvaraali raagam usage).

suyambu
2nd February 2011, 02:27 AM
I have been a silent reader for years now. finally managed to get my account working :)

app_engine
2nd February 2011, 02:33 AM
Welcome, suyambu!

வந்த இடம் நல்ல இடம் :-)

Punnaimaran
2nd February 2011, 11:36 AM
Welcome Suyambu.

San_K
2nd February 2011, 10:18 PM
http://600024.com/suseendhiran-asks-ilayaraja-for-press-meet/

crvenky
3rd February 2011, 12:28 PM
Another link for the same news:
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2011/feb/020211b.asp

vssathish
3rd February 2011, 03:29 PM
Nikil Murugan (onlynikil) on Twitter@abhishekmahadev yes..iam sending press release now about 23 hours ago via Twitter ... Ilayaraja has given mindblowing Songs for Azhagarsamiyin kuthirai. ...
twitter.com/onlynikil

suyambu
4th February 2011, 10:15 AM
Very eagerly waiting for Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai....clippings looked good and the music sounded fresh. most importantly the recording quality was impressive as well. hope to hear some great music from raaja sir!!!

vssathish
4th February 2011, 11:15 AM
Clippings and music. is the trailor released?? What is the link Suyambu

suyambu
5th February 2011, 08:17 AM
Manikkavum vssathish, i got confused with Padithurai. :)

raj_musing
5th February 2011, 06:55 PM
Got to see Idea star singer season 5 where "Raja Hits" is going on in full swing. The judges as usual have full admiration and respect for Raja sir...

jan 26th --comments from Sharath where he calls raja as the 'king 'and somebody whose seat cannot be replaced--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKtAVM924eA

jan 27th-comments from sharath,chitra and MGS equally praising the composition!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEHvXZQXmoc

Feb 1st---comments from all of them and particularly from sharath where he says that no body can arrange an orchestra in this format:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh0yixyxv0E

feb 2nd---watch out the comments :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnINOTLfgNA

feb 4th---MGS explaining about raja's recording technique!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXodv3720pA

more to come in the coming weeks and iam sure we are going to see more of these.....!

V_S
5th February 2011, 10:52 PM
Super Share raj_musing! Enjoyed a lot. Always happy to hear when someone speaks high of Raja sir's composition. Karumbu thinna kooliya...
But why Kalpana is singing? She is already a professional singer and even sung for various music directors. She rendered Kavithai Kelungal excellently far far ahead of other contestants performance. I could hear exactly like VJ singing that song. She even expressed her desire to sing for Maestro recently in 'Manathodu Mano'. It seems Raja gave her only chance in 'Poda Poda Punnaakku'. She should get more chances from Maestro.

Sureshs65
6th February 2011, 12:12 AM
Wonderful links RM. Very nice. I am putting these on twitter as well.

AravindMano
6th February 2011, 03:08 AM
It seems Raja gave her only chance in 'Poda Poda Punnaakku'.

She sang in Julie Ganapathy - thaNNi konjam yERikyirukku.

V_S
6th February 2011, 05:21 AM
AravindMano, Good to know this. Thanks! I felt she sings well compared to other singers in recent times. She demonstrated her versatility in 'Manathodu Mano' program. And no problems in her thamizh diction too. She should get her credit. Hope she will.

app_engine
6th February 2011, 07:24 AM
"கவிதை கேளுங்கள்" !

கண்ணில் தண்ணீர் வந்துருச்சு!

வாழ்க!

V_S
6th February 2011, 07:26 AM
Aravind,
I just checked my copy of Julie Ganapathy mp3, it says 'Thanni Konjam' song is by Prasanna. This is not the male V Prasanna. It seems she (Prasanna) sang 'meho meho' part in mudhal mazhai song in Bheema.
But I also found now, few other songs sung by Kalpana for Maestro mostly during the same Julie Ganapathy period (2003), which again makes me believe that Julie Ganapathy song is also sung by her, but not sure.

Dhanush (2003) - En Idhayam - SPB, Febi, Kalpana
Shambu (2003) - Singapore Santalona - Kalpana, Surendar, Jhansi, Joginaidu, Srinivasa Reddy, Ranjith
Thambi Pondatti (1992) - Eru Mayil Eru - Kalpana, Minmini, Prasanna, Swarnalatha, Chorus

crvenky
6th February 2011, 09:31 AM
I understand Kalpana is the daughter of the character artiste Raghavendar (of Vaidehi Kathirundhal fame).

AravindMano
6th February 2011, 10:30 AM
Aww, my bad. It's Prasanna for sure. I remember now that I read about this one.

But it sounds like Kalpana. :confused: