Thread: Few Basics in the Preservation of Tamil Culture Globally

Hybrid View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The trouble as I see it is, people are busy. Parents are busy working, their children are left to their own devices.
    During my childhood and teenage years, I learnt from the television, from books and magazines, and from school.
    School is a big problem - because as much as you set a good example and expose your children to the wrong thing on television and in print media and the internet - at school, other children and even teachers will expose them to silly ideas.

There needs to be more organisation from Tamilnadu government or wealthy and/or influential business people - organise the communties in the various countries.

I have lived in South Africa, New Zealand and Australia.
    In South Africa, the older generation was very organised, simply because of the way Apartheid worked and we, as people of Indian background, were segregated. There was alot done but with the influx of the 90s onwards, I have seen a steady weakening of the old values.

In New Zealand and Australia, only the Sri Lankan Tamil diaspora are organised, because they had to be. But there are Tamils from India, South Africa, Malaysia, etc - and these groups make up large proportions of all the Tamils in these countries, but they do not seem to have the same degree of organisation.

Alot of good work is done in these countries - do not get me wrong. But alot more needs to be done.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement