TED 2

Ted 2 isn't half as bad as it is touted to be. Or probably I had just very low expectations of it and I was satisfied.

Ted 2 wins for me because, unlike in the first movie, Ted feels like a real character and not like a piece of mediocre animation.

Amanda Seyfried comes in for Mila Kunis and fits the shoes perfectly, which were a bit tight for Mila Kunis in the previous film.

More than half the things that happen in Ted 2 could be predicted by just knowing that this movie exists. But the fun in the film is how the relationship between Ted and John (Wahlberg) is still intact like a couple of friends who can keep being a lot of fun always.

There are some films which are called comedies but they take themselves too seriously for us to enjoy them. Ted 2 isn't one of them even though it has more than a countable number of instances where it could've been a tad too serious. Which is good.

Except for a scene or two there aren't any moments here that might make us laugh out loud. But it is comfortable enough for us to enjoy the rest of the finely drawn comedy in the film with a smile as the makers themselves realize the subtlety of humor in it and have played it that way.

Now that it has a sequel I guess 'Ted' is now a franchise and this one has it's limitations. But the limits with which it plays self consciously is why I might wait for the third movie. The pop references and the current affair satire throughout the movie is top shelf stuff.