Thread: Tidal Waves that destroyed regions of ancient Tamil Nadu

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah this is the sum and substance of the book.
    I have mentioned that there are beliefs that close to 300km of land must have been above the sea, south of kumari. 100km - 300km could probably be explained by more accurate experiments. This Landmass is enough to support dozens of "naadukaL" or princedoms.
    Yes I wanted to make the point about the about the size of the naadus being the size of the சிற்றரசுகள், as (I think) Jayakaran contends that it is the misunderstanding of naadus the size of today's nation that led to maps stretching to Aus/Madagascar.

Tamils do have links with Aborigines of Australia as the Aborigines might have "walked" the contiguous landmass all those millennia ago thru the Southern Tamil continent.
    I remember there was some debate on whether the aborigines 'walked' to Australia or were the earliest seafaring race that reached there. Whether they reached from Africa or from Kumarikandam. Hazy about the details, do you recall?
    Last edited by P_R; 22nd September 2012 at 09:21 AM.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    Oh yeah this is the sum and substance of the book.
    I remember there was some debate on whether the aborigines 'walked' to Australia or were the earliest seafaring race that reached there. Whether they reached from Africa or from Kumarikandam. Hazy about the details, do you recall?
    I dont exactly recall, but remember debates related to this have happened in the hub. Aravindan was in one of the debates?! am not sure..

The boomerang is iknown to have been handled in only 2 places in the world from ancient times, among Australian aborigines and thamizh people. There were some thraeds in Miscellaneous topics long years ago about this topic, about boomerangs, some Boat building mechanisms similar to us and the australina aborigines.

There was a hubber if i remember right "MutiziPutz" in the "Friendship" thread of Donna Iannopollo, who was from Newzealand who would not stop gushing about how thamizh and the australian/new zealand ancient tribes share so much of similarities, in terms of root words, ancient tools etc. Those were better times!

Bullroarers - from the Dravidians to Australia?

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...s-to-Australia
    Last edited by geno; 22nd September 2012 at 11:12 AM.
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."