Thread: Telugu film music

Hybrid View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

aruvi (@ gome*) on: Sat Aug 12 01:00:16 EDT 2000

Sorry for the digression...

Mmm...I also don't understand telugu. But even where lots of crap is produced, some "muthu" can be found. Like in tamil nowadays) This might also have to do with taste. Some of us like fast beat songs while others prefer slow songs. I prefer both depending on time. MS, I have a feeling that you like slow paced romantic songs. Personally though, I think that there are good numbers in recent telugu albums. And about Keeravani, I also like his music, but he only gives memorable numbers/albums once in a while. I liked his 'Pranayama' number from Bombay Priyudu which sounded like thenumber 'Paari jaatha poove' with old time music influence. Here's a list...

Marala telupana from Suyamvaram by Chithra -- people who say she doesn't sing soulfully should listen to this number( MS, check for this song at telugufm.com under Suyamvaram film...great song.

Malle poova majjala guvva - Ravoi Chandammaama by SPB and Chithra

Swapna venu vedho - Ravoi Chandammaama by SPB and Chithra
    Jajji malli tella chera - Chinnabayyi by SPB and Chithra(great rendition by both)

O...chilakka - Dongata by Chithra

Jaamu raathiri - Bobbili raja by SPB and Chithra

Guys, let me mention about Ramana gokula. He's the newest telugu MD who's hot. He does mostly songs that are really fast but he also has melodious gems...prove are these 2 numbers

Naalo vunna prema from Premante Idera
    Manase edura thiruga from Premante Idera both by SPB and Chithra...

For a fast number try Vayyaari bhaama from Tammudu. This song is sung by him and I don't like his voice but the musical arrangement is really cool. I found it to be different.

Of course, the songs from Pelli Sandhadi which I am sure you all have heard are good. My favourite is Nava manmathuda by Chithra. These songs were blatantly copied by Deva. But nava manmathuda is slightly different in the original version. The tamil song equivalent to this is 'Malligayae malligayae'.

Sirilolikinche chinni navvule from Yamaleela by SPB and Chithra....
    while on Yamaleela songs, if you listen to the all the songs, you can see a variety of arrangement. The difference between this song and "Erra ..' song can show you how much variety some MD's can put.

There are quite a lot more. Admittedly, I have not heard any of the old songs that you have mentioned above. Primarily because I don't find that I can relate to the music of that time for telugus. Maybe that's the problem. But I find that I can enjoy songs from films like 'Sankarabaranam' and Swaati Mutyam'. But I feel that to totally enjoy songs, one should know the language. I can't speak about the songs in the technical manner like you do...but even if a song sounds simple, it may end up being great for the lyrics and the simple music. Such an example of that could be Edho oru paatu in tamil and chinni chinni gundelo in telugu. Even in malayalam, if I am listening to oru raathiri koodi (don't you think Chithra sounds great?), I can appreciate the musical beauty and the apparent beauty in the rendition but I can go no further because I don't know malayalam. So while it really touched you, I can only speak from a distance as a neutral music lover...

BTW, isn't Sruthilayalu dubbed in tamil. I believe that is the dance movie. The boy who played the son was great...

ending digression

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement