Thread: Is tamil derived from Sanskrit

Hybrid View

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The topic of Indus civilization is one close to my heart and i hope that someone breaks the code in my lifetime.

One view that needs to be looked at new light with help of anthropology is the concept of cow work ship having its origin in Vedic culture.
    After viewing a TV series about a tribe in Ethiopia, i made some amateur research into the tribe as i found that Tamilians follow lots of rituals that were remarkably similar.
    One aspect of the tribe that astonished me was the way the cows were treated by the tribe. Cows blood was considered as a delicacy and was consumed by the tribes. But what was surprising was that they did not kill the cows, but took the blood out from the cow’s neck by making a hole with an arrow. After this they rubbed the neck and the blood stopped flowing.
    What really caught my attention was that slaughtering cows were considered a sin and cow's meat were never eaten.
    Also their wealth was measured by the number of cows they owned and the dowry was always paid as cows. I think this is similar to the concept of the Vedic people where cows were revered.
    But one major difference is that the Ethiopian tribes are black and resemble a lot like people from South TN.
    I hope someone takes this into account while accounting and makes a script comparison of the Suri tribe and Indus script and even Tamil. I am sure that this will not hit the brick wall. Has anybody here in the forum come across any research about this tribe?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement