This book lies in the pile of unread books. Will read and post whether it's a ha-ha book. Sue Townsend (Adrian Mole fame) is known for her typical Bristish wry humour, instead slapstick though...

I've just finished The Hungry Tide by Amitav Ghosh (after finishing JKR'S Half Blood Prince of course :P )..and have now picked up "Remember When" by Nora Roberts. My first NR.

The Hungry Tide is about the "tide country" which is the collective area of Kolkata and the present Bangladesh region. About dolphins and cyclones narrated thro quite a number of interesting characters.

Not the usual fare dished out by the recent crop of Indian writers writing in English, where usually the emphasis is to pander to the Western world, romanticising poverty and such! I was interested in the way Ghosh brought out the essence of the tide country and her people and their ways, which made me speak to people from this area and find out more.

It's not a fast paced book, but instead something which you pick up to read coz you want to soak yourself with its contents!

Shoba