Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Science in India (and other discussions)

Hybrid View

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raagadevan, thanks for your posts! I especially liked the article "Are we undermining our scientific temper?" - interesting article, thanks very much! Please continue with your input!! And if you can, invite others also!!

I have to admit, I don't have any personal knowledge or experience of Sci/Tech research, whether in India or anywhere else. But I'd like to learn!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterV View Post
    Raagadevan, thanks for your posts! I especially liked the article "Are we undermining our scientific temper?" - interesting article, thanks very much! Please continue with your input!! And if you can, invite others also!!

I have to admit, I don't have any personal knowledge or experience of Sci/Tech research, whether in India or anywhere else. But I'd like to learn!!
    Thank you WriterV! I too do not have any direct involvement in scientific research but always had a fascination for various branches of science. When I come across news items (like the one I am posting below) where ignorant folks make pseudoscientific claims about everything under (and around!) the sun, I try to post them here. We need some comic relief in life once in a while!

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking Sanskrit keeps diabetes, cholesterol at bay, claims BJP MP Ganesh Singh, quoting U.S.-based academic institution

PTI/The Hindu - December 13, 2019

BJP MP Ganesh Singh on Thursday claimed that as per a research done by a U.S.-based academic institution, speaking Sanskrit language on a daily basis boosts the nervous system and keeps diabetes and cholesterol at bay... Participating in a debate on the Sanskrit universities bill, he also claimed that according to a research by U.S. space research organisation NASA, if computer programming is done in Sanskrit, it will be flawless... More than 97% of the languages in the world, including few Islamic languages, are based on Sanskrit, Mr. Singh said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indian cows milk is rich in gold, claims Modi ally

The Times, UK:

Cows milk may be falling out of fashion in the West but Indias ruling Bharatiya Janata Party cant get enough of it. Dilip Ghosh, the BJP president in West Bengal, told a rally this week: Desi cows have a hump on their back. When sunlight falls on the hump it produces gold. That is why the milk of desi cow is yellowish, lightly golden. It contains gold.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...ally-9dtgpq3hz

India Today:

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-n...904-2019-11-05

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

"LESSONS FROM THE US - Innovation Policy" - March 2017 (.pdf, 941 KB)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast